PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Rumor from the light rail: Cutler Injured?

DenverBrit
10-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Here's an odd Blog entry:

Cutler May Have Rotator Cuff Injury
Posted Oct 15th 2006 11:54PM by Sam Handler
Filed under: Broncos, AFC West, NFL Injuries, NFL Rumors

So the luxury of having a blog instead of a real newspaper gig is that I can break crazy rumors like this one:

Gabe Stein, another guy that writes on the blog, heard from a Bronco-affiliated source on the light rail coming back from the game that Jay Cutler has torn his rotator cuff, or at least sustained a shoulder injury. He called me right after he found out. Again, the rumor is very unsubstantiated, Gabe could have been tricked by a drunken fan, etc., but as it stands, there's a decent possibility dude was telling the truth.

According to the source, something in Cutler's shoulder popped while he was throwing during Sunday's pre-game warmups, and the training staff is assuming for now that it is a tear in the rotator cuff. The rookie quarterback will likely have an MRI tomorrow to confirm the damage.

More news on this as it breaks. Or tears. News as it tears.

http://nfl-rumors.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10/15/cutler-may-have-rotator-cuff-injury/

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:07 PM
http://bh.knu.ac.kr/~sdsong/images/Atomic%20Bomb.gif

freak6
10-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Grrrrrrrrreat.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2006, 09:11 PM
Eh...if it is true, we'll see it in the updated articles tonight.

Taco John
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
:yawn:

Killericon
10-16-2006, 09:12 PM
He was on the sidelines during the game, and the Broncos haven't brought in any FAs at QB. I'm not overly concerned.

DenverBrit
10-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Wabbit?

Taco John
10-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Eh...if it is true, we'll see it in the updated articles tonight.

We don't even have a back-up QB. If it was true, we'd have already seen someone cut to make room on the roster for Bradlee

Bob's your Information Minister
10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
Now who's Frayle? LOL

WABronco
10-16-2006, 09:16 PM
He seemed perfectly normal on the sidelines...and I can't imagine an injury that significant being covered up like this.

Preston Parsons was not dressed at any time during the game. Unless he injured himself and didn't tell anyone, I have an extremely hard time believing this "report."

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I'll wait until a credible source reports this.

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Now who's Frayle? LOL

The guy who completed three passes to his own guys and two to the opposition while throwing a TD the wrong way. :rofl:

Arkansas Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:19 PM
They had him on a few times with his "I-Pod" in his ear. Nothing about him looked hurt, like normal he looked bored.

Kaylore
10-16-2006, 09:20 PM
That's not true. If you do that they immediately ice you down to stop swelling and they have things in the stadium to deal with injuries like that. He would have had his arm in some kind of a sleeve at least. Not to mention it's impossible to "pop" your rotator cuff by throwing the ball during warm ups.

baja
I Hate This Shiit.

DenverBrit
Now who's Frayle? :curtsey:

You?

Don't get too excited, Bobette.

It's just a rumor.

Back to your Ding-Dongs, you strange twinkie.

10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
The guy who completed three passes to his own guys and two to the opposition while throwing a TD the wrong way. :rofl:

Hey, at least he can get through pregame warmups! He's a ****ing soldja!

SoCalBronco
10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Now who's Frayle? LOL

Have another donut, Bob.

So far, this is about as credible as a Nick Athan "The Chiefs are about to sign super free agent X" report.

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Now who's Frayle? LOL

We can tell you've never done any physical activity, because if you'd had, you'd know that torn rotator cuffs are not all that uncommon. Most athletes will have it happen at some point in time in their careers.

10-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Maybe he busted it earlier in the week? Coverup!

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Hey, at least he can get through pregame warmups! He's a ****ing soldja!

That's a good thing......for the opposition. Just ask Pittsburgh. :laugh:

Hulamau
10-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Utter BS, Shanny said NOTHING about it when giving his injury run down during his press conference today and he would have so it looks like its just something some idiot dreamed up to spread around.

Its the bane of the internet, any fool can start a rumor. Maybe its just a Plummer homer looking for a rope of hope :-)!

ludo21
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
lol, tons of views.

Nothing to see here, move along. The only thing he may be suffering from is a sore butt.

Meck77
10-16-2006, 09:27 PM
Sounds like BS to me.......On any given RTD or Light Rail Ride home after the game you could probably hear 500 drunken BS Broncos "reports".

On the flipside it would be some crazy unfortunate karma if he was hurt after all the "Dump Jake" posts.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2006, 09:29 PM
The only thing he may be suffering from is a sore butt.

That's what got Bob on the IR.

troya900
10-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Have another donut, Bob.

So far, this is about as credible as a Nick Athan "The Chiefs are about to sign super free agent X" report.

Or about as credible as Bob sticking to a diet for more than a day. Funny thing also is that Bob instantly posted it on that ****holeplanet already. ROFL!

Hulamau
10-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Karma isnt some vindetta machine, its simply a conceptual projection dreamed up by man to try and carve some meaning and order out of the mysterious and ever-changing universe around him... nothing more.

Also, the concept is often misinterpreted as a convenient general purpose cop out as well.

DenverBrit
10-16-2006, 09:34 PM

Bob would never report a sore butt as an injury. ;D

maven
10-16-2006, 09:35 PM
DenverBrit, are you trying to give Bronco fans a heart attack?

Then I read the article, then i read the website it was posted from.

Then I realized everything was fine and dandy.

Man-Goblin
10-16-2006, 09:35 PM
There is no way this could be true....I'm with y'all. No way the Broncos go into a game with one healthy QB. If Cutler had so much as a pimple on his shoulder they wouldn't risk sending him out there to possibly further damage it.

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 09:37 PM

Funny how that human urinal swore he'd never make light of a Bronco injury again, yet has now done so twice since making that statement.

This report is a load of crap, but it did serve a purpose. It showed everyone, once again, that Bob is still a classless tub of ****.

SprintRightOption
10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
No way. This can't be possible, or like someone said, he would have ice on it at least after the game. That is a bad injury, and can take a while to come back from.

You don't tear a rotator cuff throwing a football. I had a girlfriend in high school that had a partial tear, but she was an outside hitter in volleyball and fell on in after a hit.

Wouldn't Shanny have to say something about it at the presser monday if it happened? No way this is true.

DenverBrit
10-16-2006, 09:42 PM
DenverBrit, are you trying to give Bronco fans a heart attack?

Then I read the article, then i read the website it was posted from.

Then I realized everything was fine and dandy.

:rofl: No, no.
It seemed topical considering the number of dump Jake posts today.

The Blog was from Sunday, if Cutler had an injury or MRI, it would have been reported today.

Of course, it didn't stop the resident worm, Bob from trying to present it as fact on the Planet. He's dumber than a box of rocks....really stupid rocks. ;D

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Karma isnt some vindetta machine, its asimply a conceptual projection dreamed up by man to try and crave some meaning and order out of the msyterious and ever-changing universe around him... nothing more.

Also, the concept is often misinterpreted as a convenient general purpose cop out as well.

The actual idea of karma is things coming from your actions in a past life, not this one.

Just my little informational tidbit of the day.

Hulamau
10-16-2006, 09:43 PM
Dennie Green just has a meltdown on ESPN yelling and screaming that the Bears are exactly who he thought they were and they let them of the hook!

"Screamed "You guys can go ahead and crown them if you want, but they are just what I thought they were ( meaning pretenders I presume?) :-)

watermock
10-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Well, they showed one shot of Jay on the sidelines clutching the top of his shoulder pads antsy as hell to get in there.

This kid is so anxious to get in there it's amusing. He was in full pads and ready to roll. We didn't practice today so this has to be bogus. My heart skipped a beat. If he had hurt his shoulder he would of been iced and in a sling. I saw him practically panting to get into the game when Jake was struggling. I have trouble thinking he went thru 4 years of constant beatings by the likes of Alabama, Georgia, LSU and Tennessee to get injured warming up. It's possible, but NO WAY they are not treating him like a champion race horse. He had his shoulder pads on Sunday, and was visibly pacing.

I almost panicked when I read this post. Again, they would of made him inactive and had him out of pads and on ice. This reporter should stop getting reports from bums on the bus. I saw Cutler on the sidelines, he looked fine and in pads.

wabbit
10-16-2006, 09:47 PM
There is absolutely nothing on the Bronco injury report about this...nor in the local papers, or on the radio (as best I could tell from listening briefly today to KOA).

Look, the guy played...what...four years at Vanderbilt without an offensive line, took endless shots and supposedly tore his rotator cuff in pre-game lobs to a ball-boy??

Not likely, but I'll see what I can find out tomorrow & Wednesday.

10-16-2006, 09:49 PM
I don't believe I was making fun of any injury here. You folks were yukking it up when Croyle strained his shoulder in preseason. I'm repaying the favor.

broncogary
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
There is absolutely nothing on the Bronco injury report about this...nor in the local papers, or on the radio (as best I could tell from listening briefly today to KOA).

Look, the guy played...what...four years at Vanderbilt without an offensive line, took endless shots and supposedly tore his rotator cuff in pre-game lobs to a ball-boy??

Not likely, but I'll see what I can find out tomorrow & Wednesday.

Alright, make sure and check both days before you report. We don't want a premature rebuttal just to make Bob look like a fool. :thanku:

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Dennie Green just has a meltdown on ESPN yelling and screaming that the Bears are exactly who he thought they were and they let them of the hook!

"Screamed "You guys can go ahead and crown them if you want, but they are just what I thought they were ( meaning pretenders I presume?) :-)

I saw that too...man he was pissed off!

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 09:52 PM
I don't believe I was making fun of any injury here. You folks were yukking it up when Croyle strained his shoulder in preseason. I'm repaying the favor.

You said that you'd never make fun of a Bronco injury again after no one here made light of TrINT's concussion. Thanks for showing that not only are you a classless douchebag, but you're a liar on top of it.

Go pound sand up your ass, Jar Jar.

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM

There's no favor to repay. No credible source is saying anything about it. Frayle is still the one and only.

watermock
10-16-2006, 09:53 PM
They should give Jay the play list for each game...damn...give the kid something to do. Give him a clipboard for christ sake...he's so anxious it's funny. Let him see the play calls as they unfold. Why he doesn't have a clipboard is confusing to me. Has anyone seen him holding one?

DenverBrit
10-16-2006, 09:54 PM

As sharp as a sack of raw liver. Hilarious!

SoCalBronco
You said that you'd never make fun of a Bronco injury again after no one here made light of TrINT's concussion. Thanks for showing that not only are you a classless douchebag, but you're a liar on top of it.

It's not too surprising. He rarely keeps his word on anything.

DBroncos4life

And you cry when you get called out on the Planet. Go shave your pussylips bitch.

Hulamau
10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I saw that too...man he was pissed off!

It would have been much better for Green and the Cardinals if the Bears had just whomped them 42 to 10 outright rather than lose like this!

10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
There's no favor to repay. No credible source is saying anything about it. Frayle is still the one and only.

True. I guess we will see. It would be highly ironic if true, however.

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM

It didn't even take that long, he made fun on Lynch's injury last week.

10-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Certainly not on this site. If you want to stalk me on another site, you've got problems. Get a life.

azbroncfan
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
This would be all over espn or nfl.com. WHats the chances Booob say this and went to the planet to spread the rumor and celebrate?

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
True. I guess we will see. It would be highly ironic if true, however.

Well, no not really. A torn rotator cuff is relatively common, especially in QB's with the range of motion they go through when making passes. It's also common in baseball pitchers.

Like I said, most athletes have it happen to them at one point or another.

watermock
10-16-2006, 10:00 PM
So your not denying that you said it, correct, asswipe?

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Certainly not on this site. If you want to stalk me on another site, you've got problems. Get a life.

You're just pissed because several of your fellow planteers sided with me over "the much respected" GoChiefs.

10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Well, no not really..

The irony is in the Croyle/Cutler dynamic that occured this preseason, not the injury itself. It is ironic that Cutler would be the first one to get injured, if this is indeed true.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Yeah, you are all class, Bob.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150021

Post 11

"Stay down bitch".

watermock

Excuse a poster for going into your home turf to watch the meltdown. Why don't you worry about losing a game by 40 points. We are pissed we only won by ten, you seem to forget that Cowher took a hacksaw blade and sliced out some prime rib.

Tell us again about the great new defense Bobo...31 points in the first half alone, against a team not really known for an explosive offense.

Clockwork Orange

That doesn't change the fact that you're a dickless toad.

DBroncos4life
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
That doesn't change the fact that you're a dickless toad.

that jerks off to star wars dolls.

Hulamau
10-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I wonder what rattlesnake hole Neil Rackers is hiding in now? Probably at the bottom of a bottle of Johnny Walker Red!

I predict he will join the exclusive club of high profile, choke artist, head case kickers along with Mike Vanderjagt!

I've watched him shank a number this year including in preseason and his reactions both after and now before kicks is revealing. He really tightens up big time and it gets worse with each big miss. Did you see how he started pacing and staring at the ground with that grimace after Chicago iced him tonight?

After blowing two tonight including the chip shot game winner hes going to be toast for a while. Dump him if you've got him in FF.

He could turn out to be a flame out in the long run.

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Yeah, you are all class, Bob.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150021

Post 11

"Stay down b****".

Hmm, same thing he said about Rod Smith last year.

And he wonders why everyone thinks he's a total ballbag.

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 10:05 PM
Excuse a poster for going into your home turf to watch the meltdown. Why don't you worry about losing a game by 40 points.

Yeah, it's just peachy for him to come over here and troll, but when someone goes over to CP he starts crying foul.

10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
Nite, fellas. I trust you will keep a watch over my Chiefsplanet posts. Scour them good.

broncofan4life
10-16-2006, 10:07 PM
thats bull I saw him after the game by the locker room he was joking with Sheff and his friends

He was taking pics with everybody, No way he is hurt.

DBroncos4life
10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
Hmm, same thing he said about Rod Smith last year.

And he wonders why everyone thinks he's a total ballbag.

Im starting to think he should be tossed out of here for good.

Clockwork Orange
10-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Nite, fellas. I trust you will keep a watch over my Chiefsplanet posts. Scour them good.

Going to bed alone again, Bob? Yet another thing about you that'll never change.

Paladin
10-16-2006, 10:10 PM
The only reason this arsewipe remains on this board is because the mods need him to maintain "traffic". He runs up the post counts because he is an absolute tool and an A$$ and the membership here just keeps on going on with the little dog turd. It is not funny and it is not cute.

He is the epitome of classlessness, and a clueless retard besides. I just think he should be dumped and told not to come back or post here again. He actually has not a decent take on anything worthwhile.

He is the epitome of a mullet.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Yep, a Broncos source was riding the light rail after the game

DBroncos4life
10-16-2006, 10:12 PM
The only reason this arsewipe remains on this board is because the mods need him to maintain :"traffic". He runs up the post counts becasue he is an absolute tool and an A$$ and the membership here just keeps on going on with the little dog turd. It is not funny and it is not cute.

He is the epitome of classlessness, and a clueless retard besides. I just think he should be dumped and told not to come back or post here again. He actually has not a decent take on anything worthwhile.

Well after time he will start to drive fans away even more so if someone started another good site like this without KC trolls posting something about KC in every Bronco thread. I really love reading about KCs D in the Cards/Bears thread.

watermock
10-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Yep, a Broncos source was riding the light rail after the game

Must of been Shanahan himself then.

Florida_Bronco
10-16-2006, 10:15 PM
The only reason this arsewipe remains on this board is because the mods need him to maintain "traffic". He runs up the post counts because he is an absolute tool and an A$$ and the membership here just keeps on going on with the little dog turd. It is not funny and it is not cute.

Don't worry, he's gone at the end of the season.

baja
10-16-2006, 10:24 PM

You have flawed logic it doesn't matter what forum you are a turd on you are still responsible for what you post and still a turd.

Taco John
10-16-2006, 10:37 PM

Yeah geez... We wouldn't get any traffic if it wasn't for Bob. ::)

-Slap-
10-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Maybe they're assuming Jay is hurt because there's no other rational explanation about why he's not in the lineup yet.

watermock
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
But Slappy...haven't you seen Rivers, Leinart, and Young embarass themselves?

-Slap-
10-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah, that Gradkowski is really stinking the place up, too.

epicSocialism4tw
10-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, that Gradkowski is really stinking the place up, too.

If you would have seen two minutes of the game you would have realized what a risk playing that guy is. He doesnt even make it past his first read. Its "hike" and throw into triple coverage.

-Slap-
10-16-2006, 11:54 PM
That still makes him better than Plummer, who says "hike" then does everything but cleat himself while throwing five feet behind a covered receiver.

epicSocialism4tw
10-16-2006, 11:56 PM
That still makes him better than Plummer, who says "hike" then does everything but cleat himself while throwing five feet behind a covered receiver.

Nah, you'll see soon enough. Gradowski looks like a 15 year old out there without his ritalin.

-Slap-
10-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Adrian Peterson is a much better football player than Earl Campbell was, isn't that right, Llama?

I mean, you said that with such conviction. Care to amplify your previous statement?

SoCalBronco
10-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Don't see any articles in the Tues AM DPO Bronco articles about it! :)

Fraud. Take that Bob.

epicSocialism4tw
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
Adrian Peterson is a much better football player than Earl Campbell was, isn't that right, Llama?
I mean, you said that with such conviction. Care to amplify your previous statement?

I never said he was better, I believe I said that he was 10X as fast. Alongside some other comparable physical characteristics. I still think that he has a great future. If he can ever stay healthy, he's as close to an NFL sure thing as you can get. OU ran him vs. 8 or 9 in the box in every game. Those types of defenses should give you an idea of what he'll perform like in the pros. You should familiarize yourself with more of my scouting takes, so that you'll remember them when they prove to be spot on. ;D

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Don't see any articles in the Tues AM DPO Bronco articles about it! :)

Fraud. Take that Bob.

You know, when I read the first post in this thread, I immediatly thought of James Woods as the Sharks head trainer from Any Given Sunday when he was informed that the backup QB had been injured.

"What happened? Did he fall off the bench?"

;D

-Slap-
10-17-2006, 12:16 AM
You know, when I read the first post in this thread, I immediatly thought of James Woods as the Sharks head trainer from Any Given Sunday when he was informed that the backup QB had been injured.

"What happened? Did he fall off the bench?"

;D

My old man used to say a guy got hurt "falling off a barstool."

Which was the case quite often in those days.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM

Chris Chelios once missed a playoff game with what was reported as an equipment problem.

If I was the Blackhawks, I wouldn't have wanted to admit the truth either.

watermock
10-17-2006, 12:18 AM
Any RB with a busted shoulder is damaged goods. Players need to do the flip to avoid injury.

-Slap-
10-17-2006, 12:23 AM
Chris Chelios once missed a playoff game with what was reported as an equipment problem.

If I was the Blackhawks, I wouldn't have wanted to admit the truth either.

Sparky Lyle had to miss a playoff game with some kind of groin problem. His manager Bob Lemon told the media he was having a problem with his balls. Old Spark really appreciated that as I recall. Seemed to think Lem was implying he was gutless. Of course, that barely caused a blip on the radar screen in that crazy clubhouse.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Sparky Lyle had to miss a playoff game with some kind of groin problem. His manager Bob Lemon told the media he was having a problem with his balls. Old Spark really appreciated that as I recall. Seemed to think Lem was implying he was gutless. Of course, that barely caused a blip on the radar screen in that crazy clubhouse.

Back in his Buffalo days, Dominik Hasek hated his head coach (Ted Nolan) so he decided to flake out on him during the playoffs. He claimed a groin injury was hampering him, but the Sabres training staff couldn't find a single thing wrong with him. No go, Hasek just kept telling them he was injured and that he wasn't playing, period. The Sabres said he was out with "residual pain" because it was the all they could think of to report it as.

watermock
10-17-2006, 12:28 AM
:You broke me up with that one Slappy.

-Slap-
10-17-2006, 01:00 AM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3471/aaaaabd1.jpg

This was a really funny book. Sparky Lyle was a natural comedian and the Yankees of the mid 70s had Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson, The Boss, Mickey Rivers, Thurman Munson, Graig Nettles, Cliff Johnson and about a half a dozen other extreme personalities.

Pendejo
10-17-2006, 01:20 AM

There's wisdom in your old man's statement.

I've never fallen off of a barstool, but I've shocked myself on an electric fence, and bruised ribs while attempting a stunt with push up bars...so it's feasible that another drunkard could get hurt falling off of a bar stool.

As an addendum to Clockwork's post about Hasek...Jaromir Jagr (I think it was the 2003 playoffs) decided he was hurt, and no explanation was given...except that he's a puss.

elsid13
10-17-2006, 02:02 AM
So does this mean Denver won't be trading for SOB??? Darn

Circle Orange
10-17-2006, 06:06 AM
I'm gonna start a blog. I think I saw Cutler in a dress last week, near a bus stop in Nawahqutucket...

Weird legs, knobby knees. But it was a tasteful dress, pleated at the bottom with pastel colors. Time to hit the keyboard!

Barry Ramey
10-17-2006, 06:50 AM
It's a BS story. If he hurt his shoulder like that, he'd need immediate surgery and put on the IL.

Bronco_Beerslug
10-17-2006, 06:54 AM
It's a BS story. If he hurt his shoulder like that, he'd need immediate surgery and put on the IL.What's the IL?

crazyhorse
10-17-2006, 06:59 AM
I don't think Cutler is really injured. I believe he just hasn't beat out Plummer for the start. That says a lot.

dbroncos78087
10-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Yea it seems pretty fake, but you never know.

Bronco_Beerslug
10-17-2006, 07:02 AM
I don't think Cutler is really injured. I believe he just hasn't beat out Plummer for the start. That says a lot.
Hey Chief fan bullsh**er, how much money did you win this week betting on the Chiefs and giving the points after "cleaning up" the week before?

bendog
10-17-2006, 07:08 AM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3471/aaaaabd1.jpg

This was a really funny book. Sparky Lyle was a natural comedian and the Yankees of the mid 70s had Billy Martin, Reggie Jackson, The Boss, Mickey Rivers, Thurman Munson, Graig Nettles, Cliff Johnson and about a half a dozen other extreme personalities.

Funny book. As I recall (which is subject to question from those days) I liked Bouton's book Ball Four a little better. Basically because of his discussion of his own play, and his hope against hope that his arm would still let him pitch. Sort of a humanity to it. He knew he was done, but he kept hoping he could tame the knuckler enough to hang on, but the pitch, like life, was fickle. LOL

-Slap-
10-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Bouton's book came earlier and it took a lot more balls because it was the first lockerroom tell-all of its time. What pissed a lot of people off was Bouton pretty much blew the whistle on all the married guys getting laid on the road, while portraying himself as faithful when that was anything but the case. He was blackballed from the league at 31, right after that book was published.

Lyle's book would have been better if they had edited out most of his whining about the Yankees signing Goose Gossage to close the year after Sparky won the AL Cy Young.

Hotrod
10-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Hahaha they love Spider so much he got an honerable mention in that thread Ha!

I love watching posters on the planet call Bobo a troll

DomCasual
10-17-2006, 07:27 AM
They had him on a few times with his "I-Pod" in his ear. Nothing about him looked hurt, like normal he looked bored.

:) Remind me who said that again so I can quietly make fun of them.

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-17-2006, 07:41 AM
[QUOTE=Kaylore;1316300]That's not true. If you do that they immediately ice you down to stop swelling and they have things in the stadium to deal with injuries like that. He would have had his arm in some kind of a sleeve at least.

That is true

Not to mention it's impossible to "pop" your rotator cuff by throwing the ball during warm ups.
/QUOTE]

Not reallly - it can happen in very odd ways. Mine happened when I picked up my two year old daughter.

TheDave
10-17-2006, 07:44 AM
Complete BS.... i can't even think of a way a 23 year old athlete could tear up his AC joint throwing the ball during warm-ups. And if by some chance in hell it is true, it's nothing that a little rest and rehab won't take care of.

Hotrod
10-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Complete BS.... i can't even think of a way a 23 year old athlete could tear up his AC joint throwing the ball during warm-ups. And if by some chance in hell it is true, it's nothing that a little rest and rehab won't take care of.

Actaully you can. I know someone who did it while turning a screw driver at an strange angle.

Dedhed
10-17-2006, 08:26 AM
This sounds to me like "some drunk fan" said "Cutler must have a torn rotator cuff not to be put in there with the way Plummer's playing", and this 'reporter' took that as official news and ran with it.

Bronx33
10-17-2006, 08:31 AM
Actaully you can. I know someone who did it while turning a screw driver at an strange angle.

Putting together a wet bar no doubt....;)

jonny1
10-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Wow, the internet is amazing.

5 pages on a false rumor . . .

TheDave
10-17-2006, 09:14 AM

Dumb hick friend of hotrod jacking up his shoulder while trying to fix his moonshine rig is not the same as 23 year old professional athlete blowing out his AC joint while playing toss ;)

Trust me guys he is fine.

DenverBrit
10-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Wow, the internet is amazing.

5 pages on a false rumor . . .

It doesn't take much. :clown:

Hotrod
10-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Dumb hick friend of hotrod jacking up his shoulder while trying to fix his moonshine rig is not the same as 23 year old professional athlete blowing out his AC joint while playing toss ;)

Trust me guys he is fine.

LOL well what about when he threw out his back picking up chicks at the weight watchers clinic....;D

I also agree Cutler is fine and that bobo is a retard.

smalltowngrll
10-17-2006, 09:48 AM
A rumor and there isn't any violent mudslinging going on here!? What's wrong with that picture?!! :rofl:

Taco John
10-17-2006, 10:53 AM
IT MUST BE TRUE!

Look how swollen his arms are!

The MRI results are due any moment now! (picture taken in the lockerroom after the game)

epicSocialism4tw
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Look how swollen his arms are!

Taco, your mancrush is getting kinda gross.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Damn. Cutler looks like he's been weezin' the ju-uice.

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
I told you they were going to convert him to a DE

Taco John
10-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I wonder who's got the biggest most ripped arms on the team.

epicSocialism4tw
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I wonder who's got the biggest most ripped arms on the team.

Taco, you're starting to bleed conversation over from the "hottest QB's" thread.

OrangeShadow
10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=17640&stc=1&d=1161108826

sure cutlers shoulder is hurt[/sarcasm]

Arkansas Bronco
10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
:) Remind me who said that again so I can quietly make fun of them.

I mis-quoted it was an mp3 player.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=46770&highlight=clipboard

Just curious......thought he needed to "learn" this year....no?

Yet, every time they showed him on the sidelines....he was standing there with his arms crossed, listening to his MP3 player.....

.....looking like a guy just waiting to play.

10-17-2006, 12:18 PM
Man he looks dumb in that photo. Plummer 2.0.

epicSocialism4tw
10-17-2006, 12:21 PM

He's a Vanderbilt grad.

watermock
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Jeepers...Ladies...Enjoy our new hunk...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=17640&stc=1&d=1161108826

He looks built for the long haul. I hope he didn't juice, I seriously doubt it tho. This kid is built like a damn RDE. BooYah! What are we waiting for. This isn't Koy Detmer. Damn Jay, don't turn into the other Jay Cutler.

wabbit
10-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey ladies, gents, human beings...and even you Bobo

I e-mailed that...story to several local media types & asked for a call back this morning.

Only one actually inquired this morning & was re-buffed, if that's the right word, rather harshly.

Not only is there no truth to the rumor, it's apparently 'insulting trash' according to one Bronco coach who will remain unnamed.

For what it's worth, there you go

watermock
10-17-2006, 12:27 PM

Wrong, others are mugging for the camera. He's looking at something else going on is all.

watermock
10-17-2006, 12:31 PM

I e-mailed that...story to several local media types & asked for a call back this morning.

Only one actually inquired this morning & was re-buffed, if that's the right word, rather harshly.

Not only is there no truth to the rumor, it's apparently 'insulting trash' according to one Bronco coach who will remain unnamed.

Thank's for mopping up Wabbit. I was 99% sure it was bogus but damn...there is that stupid 1% out there in the back of your head. Sorry you had to get a beat down to get to the bottom of it. That isn't very fair when your just looking for a clarification.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 12:40 PM

You better get real cozy with the idea of him making life miserable for you for many years to come.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 12:41 PM

Thread over.

Thanks, wabbit. :)

DenverBrit
10-17-2006, 02:02 PM

And the AOL Blog 'source' looked so reliable. ROFL!

DenverBrit
10-17-2006, 02:06 PM

Coming from a donut stuffing lard-ass like you, Bob, that's just... Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
10-17-2006, 02:48 PM
This is pure BS .... if it was true, they'd have elevated Preston Pasrons to the active squad by now.

Bronx33
10-17-2006, 02:59 PM

Well atleast we got a dumb looking QB for the future.

watermock
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
He didn't look dumb in his post draft interview. If you really look at the picture, almost everyone is looking to their right.

watermock
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Thanks for taking one for the team Wabbit. ESPN is playing the "Playoffs your takin' about playoffs" bit again...heh..

elsid13
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM
He didn't look dumb in his post draft interview. If you really look at the picture, almost everyone is looking to their right.

Mock

Bobo is just trying to either a: Get some attention, or b: tell us how bright Croyle is.

watermock
10-17-2006, 03:20 PM

One other thing I noticed...unless my vision is faulty, it looks like some lockers are bigger than others. A rather subtile hint on where you are on the totum pole.

Also...where do players put their wallets and bling away to? I would be terrified to leave it in an open locker. I imagine they have an attendant.

Bronx33
10-17-2006, 03:23 PM
Your vision is faulty

OrangeShadow
10-17-2006, 03:28 PM

One other thing I noticed...unless my vision is faulty, it looks like some lockers are bigger than others. A rather subtile hint on where you are on the totum pole.

Also...where do players put their wallets and bling away to? I would be terrified to leave it in an open locker. I imagine they have an attendant.

I think your vision is just playing tricks on you on the size of the lockers.

Circle Orange
10-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Taco, you're starting to bleed conversation over from the "hottest QB's" thread.

Don't give the ladies unwholesome ideas! :devil:

cabronco
10-17-2006, 05:46 PM
I still don't believe this story is totally bogus. In fact start Cutler and let him play the entire game against the Brownies, and then we'll see. Pleeeez.

azbroncfan
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Of course this story was bogus, it would of been all over the Denver news and sportsradio and probably ESPN. It was funny to watch booob get all excited probably ran over to mulletplanet and started a thread like a little school girl.

Kaylore
10-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Of course this story was bogus, it would of been all over the Denver news and sportsradio and probably ESPN. It was funny to watch booob get all excited probably ran over to mulletplanet and started a thread like a little school girl.

Yeah that was the only good thing about this thread. We learned just how scared of Jay Cutler he is.

Florida_Bronco
10-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah that was the only good thing about this thread. We learned just how scared of Jay Cutler he is.

He's very scared of Cutler, seeing as how Cutler will likely be carving the Chiefs __fense for years.

10-17-2006, 06:29 PM
Jay Cutler will be Tamba Hali's biatch for at least a decade.

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 06:33 PM

LOL

Hali couldn't even get to Plummer when he was lined up one on one against George Foster. Perhaps that'll become as much a tradition as Matt Lepsis making Jared Allen his biatch has. :rofl:

10-17-2006, 06:35 PM
See how great Hali is? He's only a rookie but he's already on Allen's level. :D

Clockwork Orange
10-17-2006, 06:36 PM
See how great Hali is? He's only a rookie but he's already on Allen's level. :D

:thumbs:

Dagmar
10-17-2006, 06:39 PM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/3162/yourandidiotph9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Bronx33
10-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Wow bobo can count (on one hand) how many playoff appearances his team has been in the last 15 years.

BroncoBuff
10-18-2006, 02:05 AM

Cutler did 25 bench-press reps of 225 at the combine, which was some kind of record for a skill-position guy.

Tamba Hali did just 19 .... tee-hee!:curtsey:

Popps
10-18-2006, 02:31 AM
Cutler did 25 bench-press reps of 225 at the combine, which was some kind of record for a skill-position guy.

Great for a QB, though definitely not a record. Tatum Bell did 25 reps, for one.

Kaylore
10-18-2006, 03:28 AM

That was more than a third of the offensive and defensive linemen.

crazyhorse
10-18-2006, 03:35 AM
Cutler did 25 bench-press reps of 225 at the combine, which was some kind of record

Seems excessive, just to hold a clip board.

Circle Orange
10-18-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm back on my made up blog again...this just in...Cutler traded to Raiders...Cutler traded to Raiders...Broncos will receive minimum compensation of two second rounders...

bronco militia
04-26-2008, 12:39 AM
up

Doggcow
04-26-2008, 02:37 AM
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c222/lordofthenight/ThreadResurrection.jpg

ivory hunter
08-01-2011, 02:17 PM
bump!!! to laugh at Gabe Stein!!!

jhns
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I miss Cutler. At least if he were still here, we wouldn't be arguing over which mediocre QB should start.

OABB
08-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I miss Cutler. At least if he were still here, we wouldn't be arguing over which mediocre QB should start.

did you miss the cutler plummer threads?

jhns
08-01-2011, 02:54 PM
did you miss the cutler plummer threads?

Nope.

vancejohnson82
08-01-2011, 03:02 PM

yea....we would be wondering why he pulled himself out of the NFCCG

colonelbeef
08-01-2011, 03:09 PM

Don't be stupid. He was injured.

CCG, something the guy who traded him will never sniff as a HC

OABB
08-01-2011, 03:25 PM

it was merciful. he wanted the bears to win and hanie gave them the best chance.