PDA

View Full Version : Kraftybob's Crow Thread Vol. II

sonsofkraftybob
09-25-2006, 06:31 AM
Just like last time. No bicthing about the refs. No saying we lost the game, you didn't win it. Plain and simple, the Broncos OWN the Pats. It just seems to be one of those things. Yes we have new personel, yes we lost key personal...but still, the Bronco have our number. Shanny has Bills number. Your offense has our defenses number. Your defense has our offenses number.

Just a pitiful display all around last night. I'n not sure the Pats could score if it were Prom night.

Hopefully we can get over the hump someday with you guys. Indy finally did it to us last year, which brings me to this...Do we Pats fans owe Indy some share of our Titles? Cuz if they didn't knock you guys out of the playoffs for a couple years, I'm not sure we win 3 of em. Just a thought.

Not sure if you guys could see this on TV, but # 54 was puking his F'n brains out. I mean...projectile!!! But props to him, ball was snapped, he went and chased Brady...after the play was over....puked some more and more until finally, the refs blew the whistle to get him out of there.

Anyways, I'm getting sick of these Crow threads, lets hope there isn't a
Vol. III.

Good luck with your season and lets cut down the Jake v. Jay Threads shall we?:thumbsup:

55CrushEm
09-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks for being classy.....yeah, certain teams just do well vs. certain teams.

We seem to be your achilles heel......Baltimore seems to be ours. I think Baltimore has beaten us 3 of the last 5 times (or something close to that, maybe 4 out of the last 6)....even last year with our 13-3 record.....we struggled bigtime vs. Baltimore in our own house and barely came away with the win.

Steve Sewell
09-25-2006, 06:41 AM
Thanks for being classy.....yeah, certain teams just do well vs. certain teams.

We seem to be your achilles heel......Baltimore seems to be ours. I think Baltimore has beaten us 3 of the last 5 times (or something close to that, maybe 4 out of the last 6)....even last year with our 13-3 record.....we struggled bigtime vs. Baltimore in our own house and barely came away with the win.

Ray Ray is going to be in for a long day in 2 weeks.

2 weeks for Shanahan to prepare is an eternity, and I believe that one of Buddy Ryan's idiot sons is their D Coordinator now (I may be wrong on that).

Rock Chalk
09-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Just like last time. No bicthing about the refs. No saying we lost the game, you didn't win it. Plain and simple, the Broncos OWN the Pats. It just seems to be one of those things. Yes we have new personel, yes we lost key personal...but still, the Bronco have our number. Shanny has Bills number. Your offense has our defenses number. Your defense has our offenses number.

Just a pitiful display all around last night. I'n not sure the Pats could score if it were Prom night.

Hopefully we can get over the hump someday with you guys. Indy finally did it to us last year, which brings me to this...Do we Pats fans owe Indy some share of our Titles? Cuz if they didn't knock you guys out of the playoffs for a couple years, I'm not sure we win 3 of em. Just a thought.

Not sure if you guys could see this on TV, but # 54 was puking his F'n brains out. I mean...projectile!!! But props to him, ball was snapped, he went and chased Brady...after the play was over....puked some more and more until finally, the refs blew the whistle to get him out of there.

Vol. III.

Good luck with your season and lets cut down the Jake v. Jay Threads shall we?:thumbsup:

Good show Kraftybob. Told ya so ;P

bronco militia
09-25-2006, 06:56 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/drew0925toon.gif

Rock Chalk
09-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Hahahaha thats a good one today militia.

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Nice Drew

Billy Clyde Puckett
09-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Thanks for being classy Son.

(Our leaves are still prettier than yours and our highway projects work ;D)

Paladin
09-25-2006, 08:55 AM

2 weeks for Shanahan to prepare is an eternity....

That's been said before on these august pages somewhere in the recent and distant past somewhere. With the Birds, who knows? What I do know is that they have been doing some good D, and McNair has been somewhat a rallying point for them, but McNair is still McNair.....

Right now, I have to figure out what I am going to do for two frigging weeks until I get another Broncos' fix....

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2006, 09:05 AM

2 weeks for Shanahan to prepare is an eternity, and I believe that one of Buddy Ryan's idiot sons is their D Coordinator now (I may be wrong on that).
That's correct...and the other one coaches for the Fade.

missingnumber7
09-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Thank god for incomplete passes because when the Pats went no huddle, we had no answer...and Chukwurah puking was a complete sign of that.

worm
09-25-2006, 09:14 AM
By saying Denver just has NE's number...does both teams a disservice.

What will the Pats fans say next week when they lose to the Bengals?
More excuses for failing? Sooner or later they will have to face the fact that they just aren't very good.

KipCorrington25
09-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Thank god for incomplete passes because when the Pats went no huddle, we had no answer...and Chukwurah puking was a complete sign of that.

They had one long drive that resulted in a TD and then stalled on the next drive, so I think we had an adequate answer.

sonsofkraftybob
09-25-2006, 09:43 AM

What will the Pats fans say next week when they lose to the Bengals?
More excuses for failing? Sooner or later they will have to face the fact that they just aren't very good.

You saw "excuses" in my post? I made no excuses. Denver was the better team head to head as they have been for the last 6 years.

To say the Pats "just aren't very good" is quite a stretch for a team that has won 3 of the last 5 SB's. I think there is still time to for this team to jell. The Pats will still make the playoffs.

Oh yeah, and we will beat Cincy next week and that is not wishful thinking.

Dedhed
09-25-2006, 09:44 AM
Krafty needs to talk to the fans in NE about being accountable. I watched the game in a Boston area bar last night, and it was embarassing. I used tho think that NE fans were informed and passionate, but last night was an eye opener.

The fans at the bar were absolutely incensed over the Darrent Williams punt return not being ruled a safety. Calling it the reason the Broncos were able to win. Saying things like, "that woud have changed the whole momentum of the game". It was the most blind and ignorant take I've heard in a long time, and I've read my share of Gonzo posts.

crush17
09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/id/5999424_7_2.jpg

Alkazar
09-25-2006, 09:57 AM

Vol. III.

I definately respect the Pats and their accomplishments over the past several years, but someone once said that if we were to dress up a high-school team in the Broncos uniforms we would still beat your boys based on intimidation factor alone. While I find this statement highly amusing, I have to start giving it some credence as well. It seems no matter how lousy a season we might have we just about always find a way to beat the Patriots.

missingnumber7
09-25-2006, 10:00 AM
They had one long drive that resulted in a TD and then stalled on the next drive, so I think we had an adequate answer.

And in the process used our timeouts which if we had been unable to stop NE and they had scored twice might have become necessary.

Pick Six
09-25-2006, 10:09 AM
New England fans who frequent this board know how to be classy. KraftyBob, Patswin, Crowpointer...good stuff...:thumbsup:

alphamale72
09-25-2006, 10:15 AM
No biggie for the Pats.....yeah we beat em up and down the field......but the Pats will be right where they always are come the end of the season....at the top of their Div and deep into the playoffs...they are still in the class of the NFL and they deserve to be....all im hoping is that the Broncs will finally get a little respect now.

PatsWin2002
09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Denver did a good job last night on the road - no doubt about it. I'm not too upset about the loss. I guess I'm just used to losing to Denver.

Both teams did a good job taking care of the ball last night. Denver was much better on 3rd down than the Pats were (not sure if the stats show it, but it sure felt it).

Denver gave up few big plays and we let up a few VERY UNTIMELY ones.

During the game I was pissed at the roughing the passer call, the PI call, and the fact that the facemask call on Faulk was offset, but whatever. None of that mattered.

As a Pats fan I have to wonder what was going on with Brady. It's like he only trusts Troy Brown. And when other guys were actually open, he made bad throws.....reminiscent of Kurt Warner in his last year with the Rams when he had the bad thumb and denied it...and sailed a lot of passes.

I also have to wonder if we've FINALLY tipped the scales after losing so many key people. We sure missed Charlie Weis last night. Ugh.

When Dillon got hurt it made the coaches use Maroney the way we use Dillon - and that was just dumb. We weren't having much luck running anyway. Why didn't we use the playbook and try to spark the team?

I also want to know why BB didn't throw the red flag on the fumble that Bruschi ended up with. It may not have been overturned, but it was an opportunity to swing momentum our way.

As for Jay: he played well and didn't kill you. :) How many of you were afraid he'd throw his first INT when it was 17-7 and let us right back in it? :clown:

I see a hand in the back row....I think it's TJ. :wave:

PatsWin2002
09-25-2006, 10:33 AM
No biggie for the Pats.....yeah we beat em up and down the field......but the Pats will be right where they always are come the end of the season....at the top of their Div and deep into the playoffs...they are still in the class of the NFL and they deserve to be....all im hoping is that the Broncs will finally get a little respect now.

It's still very early in the season, but I get this feeling we will win our semi-lousy division and make an early playoff exit as a reward for the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets being crqappy. :~ohyah!:

2KBack
09-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Denver did a good job last night on the road - no doubt about it. I'm not too upset about the loss. I guess I'm just used to losing to Denver.

Both teams did a good job taking care of the ball last night. Denver was much better on 3rd down than the Pats were (not sure if the stats show it, but it sure felt it).

During the game I was pissed at the roughing the passer call, the PI call, and the fact that the facemask call on Faulk was offset, but whatever. None of that mattered.

As a Pats fan I have to wonder what was going on with Brady. It's like he only trusts Troy Brown. And when other guys were actually open, he made bad throws.....reminiscent of Kurt Warner in his last year with the Rams when he had the bad thumb and denied it...and sailed a lot of passes.

I also have to wonder if we've FINALLY tipped the scales after losing so many key people. We sure missed Charlie Weis last night. Ugh.

When Dillon got hurt it made the coaches use Maroney the way we use Dillon - and that was just dumb. We weren't having much luck running anyway. Why didn't we use the playbook and try to spark the team?

I also want to know why BB didn't throw the red flag on the fumble that Bruschi ended up with. It may not have been overturned, but it was an opportunity to swing momentum our way.

As for Jay: he played well and didn't kill you. :) How many of you were afraid he'd throw his first INT when it was 17-7 and let us right back in it? :clown:

The Fumble/incomplete was unchallengable the way it was called on the field.

PatsWin2002
09-25-2006, 10:46 AM
The Fumble/incomplete was unchallengable the way it was called on the field.

They blew that dead, but the replay showed it coulda gone either way as a fumble or not.

I'm just saying we HAD NOTHING GOING ON .....and we were deprived of that too.

Pick Six
09-25-2006, 10:48 AM

My friend and I were poking fun at "Ref math" when the penalties were offset. That play, Denver had 2 penalties called against them vs. 1 penalty for New England. That was rather idiotic that the penalties offset...:rofl:

2KBack
09-25-2006, 11:07 AM
They blew that dead, but the replay showed it coulda gone either way as a fumble or not.

I'm just saying we HAD NOTHING GOING ON .....and we were deprived of that too.

It was a a borderline play, I can't say I'm not thrilled at the way it was called.

I think the refs in general were oddly flag happy. They threw flags on a lot of stuff that should have been let go. The offsetting penalties is just the rule of the game, not much that can be done about that. A couple PI calls were good, some should never have been called. The roughing the passer penatly was dumb, I think it was called because Plummer got clubbed in the head, not a late hit though. It was a sloppy game to be sure.

Crowpointer
09-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Congrats Broncos. Another tough loss to you guys. I know AK1971 is on his honeymoon but we had a 2 week avatar bet and I figured I would start my sentence today. Good representation of Bronco fans at the game and in the parking lot. No excuses on the loss. It's a long season and the Pats can still get it on track. Hopefully more members from this site can make out here in the future. Tickets shook free from ticketmaster all week for anybody I knew that wanted to go. My guess is that they must have been returned from the visiting team. Good luck the rest of the way.

worm
09-25-2006, 11:32 AM
You saw "excuses" in my post? I made no excuses. Denver was the better team head to head as they have been for the last 6 years.

To say the Pats "just aren't very good" is quite a stretch for a team that has won 3 of the last 5 SB's. I think there is still time to for this team to jell. The Pats will still make the playoffs.

The point was....saying the Broncos just have the Pats number is a left-handed compliment.

Me saying the Pats 'just aren't very good' was a statement about Pats 2006 (thats right its 2006) and not about NE past glories.

IMO....You will have your hands full in Cincy.

However, given the sorry state of NE's division....they will make the P/Os without any trouble. Once in the playoffs...anything can happen.

NE faithful don't need to worry about not being in the p/o's....but this isn't the same team that won 3 SB's...not by a long shot.

broncosteven
09-25-2006, 11:53 AM

Please explain how you think this REBUIDING TEAM that managed 1 meager TD in garbage time vs us is going to beat the Bungles! I got to hear this.

wolf754life
09-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow, the holding call on Nalen on the 2 yd line? Give me a break, those of us on the denver sideline couldn't believe it, it was even worse when we went inside and looked at it on the replay. That umpire was all about New England.

Brutal.........

Atwater His Ass
09-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Wow, the holding call on Nalen on the 2 yd line? Give me a break, those of us on the denver sideline couldn't believe it, it was even worse when we went inside and looked at it on the replay. That umpire was all about New England.

Brutal.........

I agree that call looked bad. It appeared Nalen just used Wilforks momemtum and turned him around. But that aside, I felt we got some calls to go our way. The PI calls in particular I thought were weak.

All around, good game from our team. Eventhough NE is only a shadow of its Super Bowl selves, that's still a tough road game in prime time and at a crucial week in our season....going into the bye 1-2 would be a very long two weeks. Now we can focus on the rest of the season.

I liked how our offense continued to improve. The defense was great overall, but I am still not impressed in the least with our pass rush. We need to figure out how to get more consistent pressure or we won't go far once we make the playoffs.

sonsofkraftybob
09-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Please explain how you think this REBUIDING TEAM that managed 1 meager TD in garbage time vs us is going to beat the Bungles! I got to hear this.

Denvers game plan was to take away the run. Perfectly executed.

Cincy can't do that. Cincy's O-line is in shambles. Yours is not. Cincy's D-line can't stop the run like Denver did.

Your defense is AWESOME this year in case you haven't noticed....Cincy's...not so much.

Has brady EVER lost back to back games? If he has, I don't remember it.

Rock Chalk
09-25-2006, 12:27 PM

Cincy can't do that. Cincy's O-line is in shambles. Yours is not. Cincy's D-line can't stop the run like Denver did.

Your defense is AWESOME this year in case you haven't noticed....Cincy's...not so much.

Cincy is a much more opportunistic defense though, we got no turnovers on you but they will, at least, the odds are good they will. Whatever it is there scheme does, it works because the last two seasons (this season as well as last year) they ae kicking ass in the turnover department and it doesnt seem to matter how stiff their competition is or how carefuly their competition is with the ball, they know how to take it away.

That is, very many times, just as good as taking away one aspect of an offense because it keeps the offense off the field.

bendog
09-25-2006, 12:30 PM
That was really what I thought I might ask. I really didn't expect den to take the run away and still be able to defend the pass. Last year, shanny tried some two tight end stuff, but I really don't like it. It looks more and more horizontal with no routes deeper than 20. That's death for Brady, because he excells in the 30-40 range. Tough year for you guys, it looks like. As you clear cap.

broncosteven
09-25-2006, 12:33 PM

Dillion is washed up & hobbled again. The rook will do Ok but not pound Cincy like he will need to in order to control the tempo of the game. Brady has no one to throw to & thoes he does DROP the ball!

You forget that Cincy may not have Denvers D but they have a much better O & will easily score 34 on the Rebuilding teams Ass. They have a better QB, an elite WR & 2 other solid WR's to complment the ass clown. The Bungles also have a very solid run game that Patsy's have shown they have trouble stopping run.

I think it will be something like Cincy 34 - Patsy's 17 with 14 garbage points late in 4th Q on patented Manning Woops I mean Marcia No huddle drives.

maven
09-25-2006, 12:39 PM
The Patriots are obviously rebuilding. They have a lot of young players. Signing players like Seau are just filling positions during the rebuilding process.

Patriot fans should shouldn't expect too much this season.

Tredici
09-25-2006, 12:41 PM

As for Jay: he played well and didn't kill you. :) How many of you were afraid he'd thAs a Pats fan I have to wonder what was going on with Brady.row his first INT when it was 17-7 and let us right back in it? :clown:

"As a Pats fan I have to wonder what was going on with Brady." As a Bronco fan I have to wonder that, too. Is it just me or does he have a different persona against Denver that you don't see any other time? Last season he's following around John Lynch and mocking him. This game he's yelling at the officials and acting like a two year old. Quite the difference from the calm, cool Brady who fashions himself after Joe Montana. Has there been any media comments there about why Denver gets under his skin so badly? It could just be defensive schemes N.E. doesn't match up well against. Don't know.

We'll have our own nemesis to overcome Monday night after next... Stupid Ravens.

Flyboy063
09-25-2006, 12:44 PM

I was thinking the same thing and explained that to a Pats fan I work with. He basically said I'm full of $hit and that the Patriots OWN every team especially the Colts. Apparently the Broncos just got lucky the last few times they played the Pats *edit* with help from the refs. It really seems like the Pats have the Colts number, the Broncos have the Pats number, and everybody knows the Colts have the Broncos number. It definitely makes an interesting "IF" conversation.

Anyway, Thanks for being so Classy and respectful. I wish more fans would learn to act like that:thumbsup:.

DomCasual
09-25-2006, 12:53 PM
Thanks for being classy Son.

(Our leaves are still prettier than yours and our highway projects work ;D)

Can't agree on the leaves. Autumn in the northeast is pretty incredible, and I grew up in Colorado, and made visits to the mountains to catch the colors every year. Driving up the coast of Maine in autumn is still one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

worm
09-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Can't agree on the leaves. Autumn in the northeast is pretty incredible, and I grew up in Colorado, and made visits to the mountains to catch the colors every year. Driving up the coast of Maine in autumn is still one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Damn, ignorant Mormon wanna-be

:~ohyah!:

sonsofkraftybob
09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
Dillion is washed up & hobbled again. The rook will do Ok but not pound Cincy like he will need to in order to control the tempo of the game. Brady has no one to throw to & thoes he does DROP the ball!

You forget that Cincy may not have Denvers D but they have a much better O & will easily score 34 on the Rebuilding teams Ass. They have a better QB, an elite WR & 2 other solid WR's to complment the ass clown. The Bungles also have a very solid run game that Patsy's have shown they have trouble stopping run.

I think it will be something like Cincy 34 - Patsy's 17 with 14 garbage points late in 4th Q on patented Manning Woops I mean Marcia No huddle drives.

As much as you bait me, I will not turn troll and give excuses.

Lets just say, Cincy's O-Line SUCKS. That's a fact. Palmer was sacked 7 times and Pitt was going through their line like water through a strainer. If Rothlisberger doesn't throw those picks and the punt returner doesn't fumble one deep in hios own end....Pitt wins that game.

Solid Running game is NOT what Cincy has right now too BTW.

Mediator12
09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Thanks to the classy pats fans who visit this board. You make most rival fans look like sociopaths.

The thing that cracked me up last night was NE actually trying to Cut Demetrin Veal on that first fourth down attmept. Like he has not had to avoid cut blocks in practice from DEN for three years ;D He steps right over the guard and stops Maroney two yards Behind the LOS.

Plus, Denver used a lot of counter traps against NE's LB's and they worked like clockwork as they anticipated Zone blocking and got their feet going right into the blocks. Maroney was getting killed in the most part because the pats OL was trying to Zone block the DL that has had the most experience against the zone scheme.

Merlin
09-25-2006, 01:22 PM
and everybody knows the Colts have the Broncos number...
Then tell whoever everybody is that he is wrong. Denver does not frequently lose to Indy (not even in the past 4 yrs). However, if you were talking about playoff time, then Denver does have a pretty big monkey to get off their back.

PS the team that ALWAYS seems to give Denver trouble is Baltimore. Even last yr, when they stank and Denver was strong (and even despite playing in Denver), it took total stupidity by their QB for them to barely lose to Denver in a low scoring game.

broncosteven
09-25-2006, 01:41 PM
As much as you bait me, I will not turn troll and give excuses.

Lets just say, Cincy's O-Line SUCKS. That's a fact. Palmer was sacked 7 times and Pitt was going through their line like water through a strainer. If Rothlisberger doesn't throw those picks and the punt returner doesn't fumble one deep in hios own end....Pitt wins that game.

Solid Running game is NOT what Cincy has right now too BTW.

I applaud you for not going Boob on me but you have only shown weakness in Cincy not how you feel Patsy's will gameplan to win. All I am asking is that you tell me how the Patsy's will use their players strengths to defeat the Bungles. I know it is hard what with the REBUILDING year & all the new players & everything...LOL!

Flyboy063
09-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Then tell whoever everybody is that he is wrong. Denver does not frequently lose to Indy (not even in the past 4 yrs). However, if you were talking about playoff time, then Denver does have a pretty big monkey to get off their back.

PS the team that ALWAYS seems to give Denver trouble is Baltimore. Even last yr, when they stank and Denver was strong (and even despite playing in Denver), it took total stupidity by their QB for them to barely lose to Denver in a low scoring game.

I was referring to playoffs as far as the Colts are concerned.
I know the Ratbirds give the Broncs the toughest game. I hate seeing them on the schedule and hope we won't ever have to play against them in the playoffs. I would like to play against with a healthy secondary (just to see if that was the cause of those losses)

No1BroncoFan
09-25-2006, 08:42 PM
In the last 30 years the Broncos have played the Pats 22 times, winning 17 of those contests, including two postseason meetings and a string of 11 consecutive wins from 1984 to 1998. We've beaten them twice in the same year four times, 1960, 1986, 1991 and 2005. To say we have their number is far from a disservice. It may be the biggest understatement in pro football.

Bob Kraft, please pick up the white curtesy phone. You're boss, Pat Bowlen, needs to speak with you.

Ben

Mediator12
09-25-2006, 09:50 PM

Broncos usually lose when the defense fails to hold the other team under 21 points (the Only exception is when playing the Chiefs at home). Colts average 29+ over the last three years.

People so love to give the defense **** for those losses and all the regular season record love to Plummer. Denver was 9-7 the year before Plummer came. Two things happened that year. Plummer was picked up in FA and Larry Coyer became DC.

Coyer Started 6 street FA's versus the Colts Offense who was #2 in the league in scoring. Who you think is going to win that Battle ??? Denver also had two starters out in the secondary in 2003 and 2004. No one seems to remember that. Playing your #4 CB every snap against Peyton Manning in the dome is a recipe for disaster.

sonsofkraftybob
10-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Orton outplayed Brady. Plain and simple. Figured I would just bump one of the old one and save some bandwith...

dekers
10-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Orton outplayed Brady. Plain and simple. Figured I would just bump one of the old one and save some bandwith...

It was a great game by both teams.