PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rockies smart enough to re-sign Matt Holliday?

Master___Pain
09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Simple answer..........no, they are not.

I am fearful that they are going to let their best player walk with nothing in return. This FO is pretty much incompetent. Witness the Ryan Shealy trade. Well done.

So if you like .330, 30+ HR 110 RBI hitters, please be prepared to say goodbye to the only one the rockies have. (Okay Atkins falls in to this category as a hitter)

DenverSportsFan4
09-20-2006, 07:37 PM
I fear that they will let him go too, but maybe they will suprise us all and re-sign him.

Breck Bronc
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
He can't leave as a free agent until 2009.

Holliday will be a true star if he ever becomes more selective at the plate. He swings at the first pitch way too often.

His defense is never going to be even average in left field.

Jori
09-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Rockies...smart...I smell oxymoron!

DomCasual
09-22-2006, 01:24 PM
I'll have a hard time staying loyal to them if they don't resign him. He exactly fits the plan they have been preaching - if they don't resign him, they are the Expos of the 90's.

And DenverSportsFan4 - seriously, I'd appreciate it if you changed your avatar. It's the only one I have ever used, and I made it myself. There is nothing that says you have to do it - I am just asking you to. I'd even consider doing something similar for you, if it would help - something that incorporates the logos of the four local teams. I just want to keep the one I have.

Breck Bronc
09-22-2006, 03:53 PM
I'll have a hard time staying loyal to them if they don't resign him. He exactly fits the plan they have been preaching - if they don't resign him, they are the Expos of the 90's.

And DenverSportsFan4 - seriously, I'd appreciate it if you changed your avatar. It's the only one I have ever used, and I made it myself. There is nothing that says you have to do it - I am just asking you to. I'd even consider doing something similar for you, if it would help - something that incorporates the logos of the four local teams. I just want to keep the one I have.I agree, stealing homemade avatars is grounds for banning.

I always enjoyed my old avatar with the Sexual Harrassment Panda, the US flag and logos of my three favorite teams. I might have to make an update with higher resolution.

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/4434/pandajpegwk8.jpg

DomCasual
09-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I agree, stealing homemade avatars is grounds for banning.

I always enjoyed my old avatar with the Sexual Harrassment Panda, the US flag and logos of my three favorite teams. I might have to make an update with higher resolution.

http://img287.imageshack.us/img287/4434/pandajpegwk8.jpg

HAHA The sexual harrassment panda? Is that an Internet phenomenon that I'm not familiar with?

Breck Bronc
09-22-2006, 07:55 PM
HAHA The sexual harrassment panda? Is that an Internet phenomenon that I'm not familiar with?One of my favorite South Park episodes ever dealt with the Sexual Harassment Panda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_Harassment_Panda

DenverSportsFan4
09-23-2006, 04:34 PM

And DenverSportsFan4 - seriously, I'd appreciate it if you changed your avatar. It's the only one I have ever used, and I made it myself. There is nothing that says you have to do it - I am just asking you to. I'd even consider doing something similar for you, if it would help - something that incorporates the logos of the four local teams. I just want to keep the one I have.
That's fine, I didn't realize it was a big deal. If you could make me something similar that incorporates all 4 teams, you have a deal. I didn't mean to "steal" it or anything, I just liked it a lot, never seen anything like it before.

Master___Pain
09-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Once again, Matt Holliday proves what a valuable part of the Rockies he is.

They HAVE to re-sign the kid.

Baker is just mashing right now too.