PDA

View Full Version : Check out Lenny Walls

Bob's your Information Minister
08-31-2006, 12:24 PM
This guy is the most talented nickel corner in KC since Mark McMillian. We're deep in the secondary this year. What a turnaround from William Bartee, Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7600/wallskr5.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Kaylore
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
As a Bronco fan, I am very excited for you guys to have Lenny Walls - especially with this tool coaching him:

http://www.kcchiefs.com/media/staff/david_gibbs.jpg

Rascal
08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Till a WR that actually has some moves gets him so twisted around again that he breaks his ankle. If the WR does nothing but streak down the sideline, and doesn't require Lenny to actually tackle, then yes Lenny Walls is a great CB.

BigPlayShay
08-31-2006, 12:27 PM
This guy is the most talented nickel corner in KC since Mark McMillian. We're deep in the secondary this year. What a turnaround from William Bartee, Eric Warfield and Dexter McCleon.

Notice how he DIDN'T catch that... a harbinger of things to come ol' Bobby.

Hercules Rockefeller
The secondary is so deep that a guy who would be competing for Denver's 5th corner is KC's nickel back

Conklin
and see who he was defending, middlebust could have done the same, get a life bob

bronco militia
08-31-2006, 12:28 PM
he's good enough to be a nickle....lord help you if he has to start

Kaylore
08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Till a WR that actually has some moves gets him so twisted around again that he breaks his ankle. If the WR does nothing but streak down the sideline, and doesn't require Lenny to actually tackle, then yes Lenny Walls is a great CB.

Yeah. Gotta love his penchant for drawing holding and PI penalties on third and long, too. I loved when receivers that beat him would drop balls or Qb's would overthrow them and then he'd beat his chest like he was some kind of football superman. And don't forget his "tackling" ability. He just falls down at guys - he'll fit right in over there.ROFL!

denver5459
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
He's a keeper :thumbsup:

Hotrod
08-31-2006, 12:31 PM

That is a perfect description of Lenny right there. Of course his tackling ability should fit the KC D perfectly :giggle:

Smiling Assassin27
08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
seems everyone's happy that Lenny's in KC, Bob. Still, i chuckle when i see the words 'talented' and 'lenny walls' in the same sentence. enjoy!

Taco John
08-31-2006, 12:43 PM
The secondary is so deep that a guy who would be competing for Denver's 5th corner is KC's nickel back

Haha! That's awesome!

Even in this video he looks like he has virtually no body control:

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/7600/wallskr5.gif

sisterhellfyre
08-31-2006, 12:44 PM
This guy is the most talented nickel corner in KC since Mark McMillian.

Riiiiight.

That's like saying "the best Shakespearean actor since Bozo the Clown."

Regards,
m.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 12:46 PM
He won't be a nickle.... If Wall is in, he'll be on the outside, covering the #2wr, and the nickle will be Surtain or Sapp. He's an upgrade over Dexter McCleon and Dewayne Washington.

Hopefully, he'll suck about as much as Donk fans still think Kennison does. That'll kick some sand into some orangevag.

Steve Sewell
08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
He got beat by Eddie Quitterson last year. That's all you need to know about Lenny Walls.

Taco John
08-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Kennison might be a third WR if he was in Denver. That's if he could beat out Watts and fend off Marshall. Where do you guys have him listed on your roster again?

azbroncfan
08-31-2006, 12:52 PM
He strained his shoulder on the play and will be out for a couple weeks.

Mile High Shack
there is a reason why we let Walls go

he's tall, lanky and can jump really high

but if he is required to move his hips or tackel someone or catch the ball...then teams are seriously in trouble if you are relying on him

Garcia Bronco
Put him on the board...

championship

NYBronc
08-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Riiiiight.

That's like saying "the best Shakespearean actor since Bozo the Clown."

Regards,
m.

That makes sense. KC = Romper Room

Rohirrim
08-31-2006, 12:55 PM
Lessee, Champ, Darrent, Fox, Roc, Paymah... Okay. You can have Lenny. ;D

watermock
08-31-2006, 12:55 PM
There is nothing to say. He ran a fly route and had the sideline to protect him. Walls has good straight line speed. So did Coles.

If he had made a deep break to a post, he would of been wide open, if Green even had that much time Lennie would of stepped on his dick. All he did was cover a deep fly route.

If a Bronco castoff is the best you can do, you should go back to the drawing board.

Wow, he can run step by step with a WR designed to open the field. Posting this as a Lennie Walls highlight clips is beyond pathetic.

azbroncfan
08-31-2006, 12:56 PM
He won't be a nickle.... If Wall is in, he'll be on the outside, covering the #2wr, and the nickle will be Surtain or Sapp. He's an upgrade over Dexter McCleon and Dewayne Washington.

Hopefully, he'll suck about as much as Donk fans still think Kennison does. That'll kick some sand into some orangevag.

I'll take the Walls Walker matchup anyday. I'm sure shanny would too.

KipCorrington25
08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
Lenny had a pretty long honeymoon here in Denver though. For a couple years everyone, fans, coaches, thought we had pulled a diamond out of the rough. But of course eventually reality set in and it became apparent why he was never drafted. I'm guessing he'll have another extended honeymoon in KC until the roof caves in eventually.

Archie
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
There seemed to be a fair amount of love for Lenny when he was here. I never liked him. He just seemed like a liability when he was out there. I was not unhappy to see him go. If he can make it in KC good for him but frankly that's a much bigger statement about KC's depth then Lenny Walls improvement.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Considering Walker's gimp knee will be covered by Law or Surtain 99% of the time.....I don't see it as a problem.

It was my understanding that Denver Cut Walls because of nagging injuries, not talent issues. Rewrite the story however makes you sleep better. Personally, I think he's a serviceable 3/4th Corner, with starting experience, and one who might make a pretty damn good FS in cover 2.

As for Kennison beating Walls....Its not like he was the only corner Kennison has success against, given his multiple 1k seasons in KC.

Taco John
08-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Lenny had a pretty long honeymoon here in Denver though. For a couple years everyone, fans, coaches, thought we had pulled a diamond out of the rough. But of course eventually reality set in and it became apparent why he was never drafted. I'm guessing he'll have another extended honeymoon in KC until the roof caves in eventually.

At which-point, Dan Snyder will pull him off the scrap bin...

watermock
08-31-2006, 01:05 PM

That's BS...I never thought he would pan out. I saw a lanky CB who couldn't turn his hips, had bad change of direction and rouldn't lay it into even the weakest WR. He got turned around more than a ferris wheel.

Don't tell me what I said about him.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 01:06 PM
Lenny Walls is like Ensign Brown...he's not coming back from the plants surface with Spock, Kirk, and McCoy

DenverBrit
08-31-2006, 01:07 PM
I'll take the Walls Walker matchup anyday. I'm sure shanny would too.

No kidding!

KC should take a run at Middlebust too and really upgrade the secondary.

Mile High Shack
08-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Considering Walker's gimp knee will be covered by Law or Surtain 99% of the time.....I don't see it as a problem.

It was my understanding that Denver Cut Walls because of nagging injuries, not talent issues. Rewrite the story however makes you sleep better. Personally, I think he's a serviceable 3/4th Corner, with starting experience, and one who might make a pretty damn good FS in cover 2.

As for Kennison beating Walls....Its not like he was the only corner Kennison has success against, given his multiple 1k seasons in KC.

Broncos were fooled by his height and his potential...problem is it took awhile for the coaches to realize Lenny can't change directions at all and has 2 left feet and 2 left hands...and he is right handed/footed :)

believe what you want, but look back at the past Walls threads and you'll see it to be true, it took awhile for some fans to realize it, but a lot of us have not liked Walls for a long, long time.

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 01:10 PM
Too Tall Lenny Walls

Mile High Shack
08-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Too Tall Lenny Walls

I know for a fact, Garcia and I were "hating" on Lenny way before it was cool to be hating on him ;) :giggle: :thanku:

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 01:15 PM
He's the best
He's the best
When the wide receiver is over thrown
He's beats his chest

He's really tall
He's really tall
It's a damn shame
He can't turn for the ball

He might be the greatest ever
He's on his own tip
But don't run too fast
Or he'll break his hip

But through it all
(Allllllllllllllllllllllllll)
Through it all
He's really tall
Too Tall Lenny Walls

Tom A Hawk
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM

It is o.k. Iowanian to name names...Bailey

bendog
08-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Weird thing was the last two years he seemed to lose any ability to see the ball. He'd have the guy covered, see the guy make a move on a ball, turn his head, and the ball'd go right past him into the WRs hands. And then he'd arm tackle. His coverage wasn't bad at all, except his coverage didn't interfer with the WR catching the ball.

He and Watts must've had fun in practice. Lenny was the only corner Watts couldn't get seperation on. But to even it up, the balls that Lenny didn't see just bounced off the Claw harmlessly.

I think maybe he just needed contacts, and he'll turn it around in KC and have a probowl shot. Every year there's a story of "oh my god, this guy just needed contacts, and this year it's Lenny's turn in the barrell.

Hotrod
08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I fully admit I was on the Walls bandwagon. I can accept that for once I was wrong ;D

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 01:20 PM
I know for a fact, Garcia and I were "hating" on Lenny way before it was cool to be hating on him ;) :giggle: :thanku:

The straw the broke the camel's back last year was when they inserted him late in the first KC game. He allowed a TD and cost me a fantasy win. If he got beat honest that would be one thing...but he was chest beating the play before when he got beat but Kennison just dropped it

Mile High Shack
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
I just remember this guy for sure because Mediator kept telling me that I was wrong about Lenny

I just like it b/c I was right for once about the defense, it doesn't happen very often :)

Rohirrim
08-31-2006, 01:23 PM
Lenny Walls is like Ensign Brown...he's not coming back from the plants surface with Spock, Kirk, and McCoy
LOL
Yeah, you always knew who was going to get it. "Ensign Walls, you will accompany the away team."

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 01:24 PM
hehe

watermock
08-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Socal is noticably absent.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm obviously not as versed in walls as donk fans at this point, but the way I saw it, he had a couple of pretty solid years, and then had some nagging injuries(was it a shoulder first?) and then a groin....and after 2 years, the donks had drafted half of the corners available.

We'll see. I'm for upgrading every position 1-53 on the team, and the PS......While I'm not sure if Walls would be an improvement over warfield, he's definitely an upgrade over the likes of McCleon, Bartee, Washington and co.

I also think its very, very likely that the Chiefs will have Jarod Page playing in some nickle and dime packages. He's been showing very, very good coverage skills as a FS. Walls is likely the backup or outside cover guy in most schemes. I'm good with that.

While I'm here.....If Denver is really in need of an upgrade at RB....the Chiefs are getting ready to Cut a former NFL Starting RB from donks, who was once compared to Barry Sanders by mange management.

Pick Six
08-31-2006, 01:32 PM
You Chiefs fans will be cursing Walls soon enough. Receiver routes are fairly vanilla right now...

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 01:34 PM
Its OK...we're pretty versed in cursing half of the secondary.

Keep overlooking that the real upgrade goes by Ty Law and not Lenny Walls.

brncs_fan
08-31-2006, 01:38 PM

So he is a step ahead of the guy when the ball is thrown and a half step ahead when the ball arives which would be pick for most others corners in the game but he drops it and we are supposed to be impressed?

This fits right in though with the typical love affair of KC fans. Get a player, find a highlight real, fall in love, believe that he is the greatest thing ever, and then move down to the next person on the depth chart.

For all the talent that you guys think you have you sure havn't won very many playoff games lately. Guess its kind of like the Lotto though, "you have to be in it to win it."

Taco John
08-31-2006, 01:39 PM
...but the way I saw it, he had a couple of pretty solid years...

I only wish that were true... :pity:

dbfan4life
08-31-2006, 01:43 PM
He's the best
He's the best
When the wide receiver is over thrown
He's beats his chest

He's really tall
He's really tall
It's a damn shame
He can't turn for the ball

He might be the greatest ever
He's on his own tip
But don't run too fast
Or he'll break his hip

But through it all
(Allllllllllllllllllllllllll)
Through it all
He's really tall
Too Tall Lenny Walls

Somebody sign the man!!! LOL

brncs_fan
08-31-2006, 01:45 PM
Its OK...we're pretty versed in cursing half of the secondary.

Keep overlooking that the real upgrade goes by Ty Law and not Lenny Walls.

How can he be overlooked when you guys remind us every other day how great he is going to be for you guys? To say that your personel on defense hasn't improved over the last few years would be a lie. It hasn't improved as much as it should have though, and now your offensive production seems to be dropping off which will put even more pressure on your mediocre defense.

Mile High Shack
08-31-2006, 01:47 PM
I only wish that were true... :pity:

Lenny lived off the Minnesota game against Rany Moss his whole Bronco career

Garcia Bronco
08-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Lenny lived off the Minnesota game against Rany Moss his whole Bronco career

Moss's whole game is jump ball...it's a not a shocker that a really tall guy can shuut him down...or make him disappear

watermock
08-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Moss is a soft wimp. He doesn't really fight for the ball. He is seriously on his downside of his career.

Hulamau
08-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Notice how he DIDN'T catch that... a harbinger of things to come ol' Bobby.

Ole 'Hands of stone' Walls. How many INTs did he actually grab for us? He'll make a few plays and then give up some huge ones and get bitch-slapped in the run game whiffing arm tackles all day. In that regard he'll fit right in with KC :-)!

Rascal
08-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Didn't the ball actually go through his hands on that play and hit the WR's hands?

Mile High Shack
08-31-2006, 02:12 PM
Didn't the ball actually go through his hands on that play and hit the WR's hands?

yeah, I don't think he even had that good of a game against Moss, but a lot of people here kept pointing to that game when I tried to tell them that Walls sucked baws :)

yerner
08-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Ooohhh.. Lenny Walls.

Barry Ramey
08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
You know the Chiefs must be desperate and defensive backfield in shambles when get excited over Lenny Walls of all players. Willie Middlebrooks, the next savior, is now available too.

Casper Bronco
08-31-2006, 02:27 PM

Making a thread like this is just asking for people to just Tee off on you.

TheDave
08-31-2006, 02:29 PM
When does he get a cool nickname... The "Red Wall" ???

Pick Six
08-31-2006, 02:42 PM
We'll just leave Bob to "check out Lenny Walls"...

bendog
08-31-2006, 02:42 PM

Hey, he was making a goal post with his hands.

Paladin
08-31-2006, 02:48 PM
Poor, poor mullets.....

They continue to be deluded.

Poor, poor mullets.....

08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
When does he get a cool nickname... The "Red Wall" ???

That's pretty good!

goldengopher1976
08-31-2006, 03:20 PM
I've lived in MO for over 15 years and am surrounded by Chiefs fans. If there's one thing that has been consistent about them it's that they're quick to praise and quick to run. I've been calling them "fairweather fans" for a long time, and this is just the latest example. Some new wind blows in and they get a little woody. When, at midseason, KC is fighting with the Raiders for the cellar of the division, all you'll hear is how bad Walls is, how they need new this and that...

Hotrod
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
That's pretty good!

Nicknames should match the player and even thou it matches his name its prolly not very accurate. How about "The Red Carpet" or Red mat or even maybe The Red opps???

Steve Sewell
08-31-2006, 03:42 PM
I've lived in MO for over 15 years and am surrounded by Chiefs fans. If there's one thing that has been consistent about them it's that they're quick to praise and quick to run. I've been calling them "fairweather fans" for a long time, and this is just the latest example. Some new wind blows in and they get a little woody. When, at midseason, KC is fighting with the Raiders for the cellar of the division, all you'll hear is how bad Walls is, how they need new this and that...

The only evidence you need of Chiefs fans being fairweather is to go out and find some pictures and attendance stats from the 70's and 80's. It's funny how they all think they are the "best fans in the NFL" now.

Victor
08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
http://badattitudes.com/MT/Dorkpic.jpg

George Bush endorses Lenny Walls as nickel back

08-31-2006, 03:50 PM
The only evidence you need of Chiefs fans being fairweather is to go out and find some pictures and attendance stats from the 70's and 80's. It's funny how they all think they are the "best fans in the NFL" now.

125 consecutive sellouts.

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2006, 04:01 PM

Lenny was marginal at best as a starter here. He's got decent straight line speed, but he can't turn his hips, can't catch the ball and he can't tackle. The problem for you guys is that Denver knows how horrible he is at turning his hips, so we'll just trot Darius Watts out there to turn him into burnt toast.

I can only hope you guys stick him at safety. :~ohyah!:

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2006, 04:06 PM

(someone please quote this for Bob)

282 sellouts > 125 sellouts Ha!

KipCorrington25
08-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Gibbs coached Middlebusts in college and was a big champion of drafting him here so it only makes sense now that the Qhiefs would give him a shot now that he's out on the street.

azbroncfan
08-31-2006, 04:09 PM

You said in your other post that Walls will cover the #2 which is Walker. I hope your right and KC uses base D against the Denvers three wide with Scheffler at TE.

listopencil
08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
We don't need to check out Lenny Walls. We already did. That's why he isn't on the team anymore.

Mountain Bronco
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
Iowan displayed his superior football knowledge by claiming that Lenny Walls could be a good safety. The guy gets hurt when a fly lands on him and you think he could patrol the middle of the field or go up in run support.

Way to make that jump.

listopencil
08-31-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm obviously not as versed in walls as donk fans at this point, but the way I saw it, he had a couple of pretty solid years, and then had some nagging injuries(was it a shoulder first?) and then a groin....and after 2 years, the donks had drafted half of the corners available.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2855808&postcount=20

I used a link to CP because I din't want to have to wade through page after page of Bronco fans who were pissed off at him. Two of the three rookies we drafted beat him out. Not a good sign when you are playing as the #2CB. The third rookie even looked like he would eventually beat him out as well. If he gets on the field for you guys you will see what I mean.

PLOWHORSE
08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Typical Blob nonsense....Hey..I'm going to post a video of our corner back missing a sure fire interception, and mask it as "excellent coverage" What a tool.

Taco John
08-31-2006, 05:13 PM

The only reason why that consecutive streak still stands is because you have local stations who are willing to purchase empty seats to avoid a black-out and lose commercial revenue, and you know it.

Steve Sewell
08-31-2006, 05:19 PM

at 8 games a year, that's about 15 years. So, I was perfectly accurate in my statement, boob.

By comparison, the Broncos have been selling out for 35 years.

Northman
08-31-2006, 05:21 PM

I have to agree with you. Lenny isnt a Champ Bailey but he will be a sturdy CB for you guys. I hope he does well there, just not against us. :approve:

bfoflcommish
08-31-2006, 05:26 PM
(someone please quote this for Bob)

282 sellouts > 125 sellouts Ha!

:manesmack

Billy Clyde Puckett
08-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Iowan displayed his superior football knowledge by claiming that Lenny Walls could be a good safety. The guy gets hurt when a fly lands on him and you think he could patrol the middle of the field or go up in run support.

Way to make that jump.

Wecome Mtn. You'll soon learn that most of the trolls here have plenty of that "superior football knowledge"

Florida_Bronco
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
:manesmack

You da man! ^5

BigPlayShay
08-31-2006, 05:51 PM
Ole 'Hands of stone' Walls. How many INTs did he actually grab for us?

1, Uno, Zeros closest neighbor.

Pat Bowlen
08-31-2006, 06:28 PM
You are correct, sir.

08-31-2006, 06:48 PM
The only reason why that consecutive streak still stands is because you have local stations who are willing to purchase empty seats to avoid a black-out and lose commercial revenue, and you know it.

ROFL!

Don't compare us to the Raiders.

Raider Bill
08-31-2006, 06:51 PM
He's playing Nickel? Goody, Ron Curry will get a chance to turn that gangly cluster**** of a CB around.

Kaylore
08-31-2006, 06:52 PM
ROFL!

Don't compare us to the Raiders.

Whatever, Bob. You know there isn't a TV station in the world willing to buy Raider tickets.

ZONA
08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
There's a reason why the league isn't full of 6'4" DB's. It's hard for them to get low enough to tackle correctly and their legs are too long and they can't change directions fast enough. And most of the time they have longer skinny arms and can't check good enough either.

Iowanian
08-31-2006, 10:46 PM
Herm has said that Walls will work on the outside. Pat Surtain and Ty Law are the starting Corners. Walls is depth, but I think Sapp and Page will see more of the traditional nickle and dime snaps.

You said in your other post that Walls will cover the #2 which is Walker. I hope your right and KC uses base D against the Denvers three wide with Scheffler at TE.

24champ
05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
Lenny Walls just became a free agent as of last friday...

Later Friday, the club released four players in preparation for the June 5 training camp. Defensive back Lenny Walls, backup defensive lineman and long snapper Neil Puffer, along with kicker/punter Jamie Boreham and defensive lineman Michael Stadnyk were all let go.

Walls played in five games for the Eskimos in 2010, registering 10 tackles before going down for the season with a leg injury. Puffer had 10 appearances as a rookie with the Eskimos in 2010, playing on special teams and as a backup long snapper.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Eskimos+muscle+defensive+line+with+pair+signings/4851996/story.html

cutthemdown
05-31-2011, 10:11 PM
didn't walls have to start at end of yr? Also didnt he get torched? I can't remember though there are so many Broncos all over the NFL lol.

ZachKC
05-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I had forgotten about that guy.

baja
05-31-2011, 11:00 PM
at 8 games a year, that's about 15 years. So, I was perfectly accurate in my statement, boob.

By comparison,<b> the Broncos have been selling out for 35 years.

I think it was only the last couple of years of Shanny's tenure.

Karenin
06-01-2011, 07:54 AM
That worthless piece of **** was a starting CB for the Denver Broncos. He can't even play on some ****ty team in who knows what league, and Mike Shanahan made him a starter. And people still don't understand why he had to go.

Chris
06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Couldn't make the cut on canadian special teams.

NUB
06-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Kelly Herndon/Lenny Walls. Tandem 4 Ever.

24champ
06-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Kelly Herndon/Lenny Walls. Tandem 4 Ever.

Can't forget the Willie Middlebrooks/Delthea O'neal combo.

DomCasual
06-01-2011, 01:03 PM
I had forgotten about that guy.

He was really tall. Hence, he was really good.