View Full Version : Anyone watching???
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
The NFL network training camp special...
MB looks great, Walker and Rod looking tight. Lots of kudos for Schef. And Cutler is the talk of the town. Good piece on Shanny miked up.
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Broncos on NFL network now.
08-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Was hard to differentiate MB and TB until they ran. MB hits the hole quickly and with authority. TB was getting talked at because he hesitated hitting the whole. It was part of the Mic'd up piece so who knows when it actually occurred. Anyways that shows why the coaching staff is also hesitant to let him carry the load.
Also did you see the LBs chasing MB after the whistle blew trying to knock the ball loose. I saw Gold do it once but I couldn't make out the number of the guy the second time.
08-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Good stuff for those of us who couldn't make it down there. Nice swat by Lynch.
08-15-2006, 07:56 AM
Interesting for sure. After being there for a week, it sure looked consistent to what they have done in the past.
1. The Whole defense practices stripping the ball in all the drills. Since there is no tackling, they reinforce causing fumbles.
2. The setup is precision, with no wasted time on the field. They have a staff of about twenty, including ball boys, that set up everything in advance and before the players get to the next session.
3. Listening to Shanahan and the other coaches is priceless ;D I spent alot of time around Bob Slowik, Ryan Slowik, and Jimmy Spencer watching them teach. It was very informative and I got to hear what was going right and wrong. It was easier to see who was getting beat and WHY or who was blowing coverages.
4. The environment is so much more relaxed and positive than game days. The intensity and focus before and after games is simply incredible. At Camp, you get a bunch of guys having fun and trying to get better. The players are more accessible and enjoyable.
5. If you go more than a few times, you will see who is consistent enough to make the team or push to start. It is hard to evaluate guys from one practice.