PDA

View Full Version : Blade the Coach

watermock
08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Everyone's got to understand this is a preseason game, we're seeing basic defenses, it's a basic offense we're running," Cutler said. "There's a lot of guys who could have gone out there and did what I did today and move the ball and be successful against the stuff we were seeing. When the real NFL season starts flying, things change a little bit. The game picks up and things get a little bit more complex."

This is becoming unreal. He sounds like Shanahan.

He literally sounds bored so far. He was like "this is the best you can throw at me?"

I'm terrified he will get injured. How does Blade know that the game is going to pick up if he's never been there before?

I've never heard comments from a rookie like this.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 09:43 AM
How does Blade know that the game is going to pick up if he's never been there before?

It's just common sense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that teams are going to crank it up in the regular season.

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 09:47 AM
I've never listened to any comments from a rookie quarterback.

ya no ****

MechanicalBull
08-13-2006, 10:02 AM
It's just common sense. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell that teams are going to crank it up in the regular season.

exactly, yes Cutler did look good the other night but its one preseason game against the Lions second team playing a vanilla game plan. Look at what Tony Romo did last night for the Cowboys without T.O.

Yes I am excited to see Cutler play again in the preseason but I'll wait and see what he does in a regular season game but from the looks of it he should do just fine in the NFL.

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 10:11 AM
exactly, yes Cutler did look good the other night but its one preseason game against the Lions second team playing a vanilla game plan. Look at what Tony Romo did last night for the Cowboys without T.O.

Yes I am excited to see Cutler play again in the preseason but I'll wait and see what he does in a regular season game but from the looks of it he should do just fine in the NFL.

Aaron Rodgers: 9/11, 124
Tony Romo: 19/25, 235
Seneca Wallace: 11/17, 117
JP Losman: 15/24, 144
David Garrard: 6/11, 172
C Lemon: 11/15, 104
ALex Smith: 16/21, 137
B Gradkowski: 11/13, 104
Kellen Clemens: 10/14, 92

wow, the next-generation of the nfl is loaded with super bowl qbs!

Rocket 7
08-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Mock calls them rocket surgeons

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1027849&postcount=8

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Mock calls them rocket surgeons

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1027849&postcount=8
:rofl: And "Blade?" Where'd that crap come from?

scorpio
08-13-2006, 10:44 AM

Remember when he called Darrent Williams "The Hornet" for about 2 months last year?

Good times.

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
This is becoming unreal.

He literally sounds bored so far. He was like "this is the best you can throw at me?"

I hate to be 50% of this thread's posting, but this particular line strikes me as odd.

The, ahem, Blade was quoted as saying how anyone could put up numbers that he did vs that kind of defensive game plan("the stuff we're seeing"), which suggests that what they threw at him wasn't 'the best'. In fact, you could be inclined to read it as the exact opposite.

So no, no 'He was [not] like...' that.

Spider
08-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Aaron Rodgers: 9/11, 124
Tony Romo: 19/25, 235
Seneca Wallace: 11/17, 117
JP Losman: 15/24, 144
David Garrard: 6/11, 172
C Lemon: 11/15, 104
ALex Smith: 16/21, 137
B Gradkowski: 11/13, 104
Kellen Clemens: 10/14, 92

wow, the next-generation of the nfl is loaded with super bowl qbs!
this is why I dislike stats ........ that 26 yard touch pass Cutler laid out was a big time throw , handfull of QB's make that throw on the money like Cutler did .......

watermock
08-13-2006, 10:47 AM
The tool shed has fallen over.

I have never said Rocket Surgeon you assholes.

watermock
08-13-2006, 10:49 AM
I hate to be 50% of this thread's posting, but this particular line strikes me as odd.

The, ahem, Blade was quoted as saying how anyone could put up numbers that he did vs that kind of defensive game plan("the stuff we're seeing"), which suggests that what they threw at him wasn't 'the best'. In fact, you could be inclined to read it as the exact opposite.

I quoted Cutler verbatim. Tool.

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 10:51 AM
this is why I dislike stats ........ that 26 yard touch pass Cutler laid out was a big time throw , handfull of QB's make that throw on the money like Cutler did .......

To be fair, Garrard, Romo, Losman(yes, him), and Clemens all made big time throws from what I saw(failed to watch the other guys). Hell, even Harrington made one(that 18yard td strike was beautiful).

I get that we can watch a qb throw a beautiful 40yard pass that is just off the tip of a wr's fingers and say that it's 'better' than a 12 yard lob to an open TE, but then we're just talking about grace over production. And as much as NFLFILMS will tell you otherwise, the true mark of quality is the latter, no matter how visually unappealing.

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 10:51 AM
Remember when he called Darrent Williams "The Hornet" for about 2 months last year?

Good times.
The worst was his "Foxy" for Foxworth. Foxy is the name of a stripper, for crying out loud. A few people here even started using it. It took me asking Dominique Foxworth directly to kill that stupid name.

Mock han an uncanny ability to read or hear something and interpret it in new and exciting ways that no person would ever think to understand it.

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM

1. Then there would be no need for 'like'

2. Cutler must be an idiot if he said, in essence: "you didn't throw your best at me" and then said "that's the best you can throw at me?"

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 10:53 AM
...and you still misunderstood. Tell us about low orbit, Mock.

Spider
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
To be fair, Garrard, Romo, Losman(yes, him), and Clemens all made big time throws from what I saw(failed to watch the other guys). Hell, even Harrington made one(that 18yard td strike was beautiful).

I get that we can watch a qb throw a beautiful 40yard pass that is just off the tip of a wr's fingers and say that it's 'better' than a 12 yard lob to an open TE, but then we're just talking about grace over production. And as much as NFLFILMS will tell you otherwise, the true mark of quality is the latter, no matter how visually unappealing.
I lost you somewhere , lets set aside the 26 yard touch pass for a second ....
the 12 yard lob to an open TE is better then the 40 yard on the finger tips , Now back to the touch pass , that was alot more then just grace over production , that ball 26 yards out was on the money and laid in Scheffs arms like a hand off , alot of those QB's you mentioned , 26 yarder is a bomb and not on target , again a 18 yard strike is nothing like a 26 yard touch , the sideline in the endzone wasnt even squeezed ..........

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:00 AM
No, I'm saying I never said Rocket Surgeon you toolshed.

You tell us about low orbit Khan.

Your such an arrocgant prick.

Low orbit means you have to travel at a higher speed than a syncronous orbit.

SureShot
08-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm no Rocket Surgeon, but I do like the nickname "The Blade".

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 11:09 AM
No, I'm saying I never said Rocket Surgeon you toolshed.

Actually the rocket surgeon thing was in the article that he posted.

You tell us about low orbit Khan.

Your such an arrocgant prick.

That has to be one of your dumbest posts ever. You were proven wrong MULTIPLE times on that thread, but you just kept arguing. You'd be best to just let that memory die.

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:09 AM
It's cool except for one problem.

I came up with it.

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Actually the rocket surgeon thing was in the article that he posted.

That has to be one of your dumbest posts ever. You were proven wrong MULTIPLE times on that thread, but you just kept arguing. You'd be best to just let that memory die.

That's a post you dumbass. There isn't even Rocket Surgeon on it.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 11:17 AM
That's a post you dumbass. There isn't even Rocket Surgeon on it.

Oh my god...I actually stand up for you there and you pull this? You really are pathetic.

Click the link Mock. It's a post YOU made that contains an article. It DOES say rocket surgeons, but it was in the article you posted, not something YOU said.

You got that Mock, or should I draw it out for you in crayon?

dsmoot
08-13-2006, 11:18 AM

I'm terrified he will get injured. How does Blade know that the game is going to pick up if he's never been there before?

This is a young man who is keeping perspective. He knows that praise is coming too easily, too soon. A sign of a champion, he doesn't get too high or too low. Was Vanderbilt advanced education to prepare a QB with a lot of talent for the roller coaster ride of the NFL.

watermock

Look you Retards, I have never said Rocket Surgeon. you made a link and it wasn't even there you ****head.

Second, low earth orbit does require higher speed to compensate for gravitational pull. Again, your a Retard.

A couple posters here are so full of themselves it's pathetic.

SureShot
It's cool except for one problem.

I came up with it.

Well then nevermind I hate it.

freak6
08-13-2006, 11:20 AM
Mock's need for attention is scary.

Blade??? wtf.

GO BRONCOS!!!

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't give a **** honestly. I give a nickname and am crucified. **** off.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Look you Retards, I have never said Rocket Surgeon. you made a link and it wasn't even there you ****head.

I defeneded you on that, dumb****. Do you not understand that "rocket surgeons" WAS in that post, but it was in the article that you posted...there for it is not something that you yourself said.

Am I getting through to you yet?

Lidderer
08-13-2006, 11:22 AM
This is a young man who is keeping perspective. He knows that praise is coming too easily, too soon. A sign of a champion, he doesn't get too high or too low. Was Vanderbilt advanced education to prepare a QB with a lot of talent for the roller coaster ride of the NFL.

Let's also keep in mind that it's impossibly rare to find in the annals of history any instance where a rookie qb, after a good preseason debut, pumps himself up as the 2nd coming or somesuch.

These kids are schooled on what to say by agents, fellow players, coaches, and by simply having watched post- and pregame interviews over the last decade or two.

He could have opted out of Vanderbilt's high-ranking system and went to the university of Sportscenter and still understood how to respond to preseason success.

Spider
08-13-2006, 11:23 AM
well despite all the comotion about blade and Rocket Surgeons , you have to be pumped up over Cutler ....... A kid with his skill in a Shanny offense = Al Davis getting hemroids ..... the domintaion over the Raiders during Shanny tenure will live a long time ;D

TheDave
08-13-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't see the resemblance

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/images/blade-trinity-onesheet.jpg

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:28 AM
You ****head Florida, you have sent half a dozen negative reps, more than anyone ever. Don't even go there.

It doesn't even matter if I said Rockect Scientist. I said it wasn't Rocket Science.

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Ruin the nickname to be bitter. I don't care.

dsmoot
08-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Let's also keep in mind that it's impossibly rare to find in the annals of history any instance where a rookie qb, after a good preseason debut, pumps himself up as the 2nd coming or somesuch.

These kids are schooled on what to say by agents, fellow players, coaches, and by simply having watched post- and pregame interviews over the last decade or two.

He could have opted out of Vanderbilt's high-ranking system and went to the university of Sportscenter and still understood how to respond to preseason success.

I can't disagree with you but in this day of self promotion that we live in, I would like to believe the best about what prompts a person to say what he does. I stopped watching the NBA because of the University of Sportscenter and the affect of being on camera has on these young people.

SureShot
08-13-2006, 11:35 AM

Damn mock! If you would have just thrown it out there without telling everyone how sweet you are it would probably catch on. Now people hate it because of you, not the quality of the nickname. I still like it, but not if you are going to copyright it in your mind, and remind everyone it was you that thought of it.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 11:38 AM
You ****head Florida, you have sent half a dozen negative reps, more than anyone ever. Don't even go there.

It doesn't even matter if I said Rockect Scientist. I said it wasn't Rocket Science.

Damn right I did, although it was only 2 or 3 negatives. That way I can tell you how stupid some of your **** is without dragging the whole board into our pissing match. What you DIDN'T mention is that I've given you POSITIVE rep (once in this thread as well) more than I've given you negative rep.

Mock, look at what I said. Really...look at it. I've shown everyone that you never said rocket surgeons, what is so hard for you to understand?

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Your a collosal prick.

You have sent more negative reps than anyone combined in the past year.

Your a prick.

SureShot
08-13-2006, 11:49 AM
:Your a collosal prick.

No, you are!Hilarious!

watermock
08-13-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm not insulting anyone. You are.

I was just responding.

I loved how he made a post that supposedly I said Rocket Scientist.

I have said "It's not rocket science" but it's not even in that thread.

Fla B is a lying POS.

baja
08-13-2006, 11:55 AM
The tool shed has fallen over.

I have never said Rocket Surgeon you a-holes.

Too bad that would have been funny

watermock
08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Edit.

Smilin Assassin
08-13-2006, 12:05 PM
The worst was his "Foxy" for Foxworth. Foxy is the name of a stripper, for crying out loud. A few people here even started using it. It took me asking Dominique Foxworth directly to kill that stupid name.

Mock han an uncanny ability to read or hear something and interpret it in new and exciting ways that no person would ever think to understand it.

On the NFL channel's coverage of the game, they used Detroit's TV team in the first half, Denver's in the 2nd (as usual).

The commentator for the Detroit crew kept callin Foxworth "Foxworthy".

I know adding a simple 'y' to the end of the name shouldn't be a very big deal, but I swear I'd have punched him in his neck by about the 4th time he did it.

PS: Anger management classes are going great

baja
08-13-2006, 12:07 PM

You can borrow Dong if you want. :militia:

BABronco
08-13-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm no Rocket Surgeon, but I do like the nickname "The Blade".

Hell of alot better than freaking "Ding Dong".

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Watermock, you need a new PR guy because your stock on this board has completely tanked. I remember a Mock who would put up some decent takes and engage in football discussions thoughtfully. You had several posts that were worth reading - a far cry from the late-night rantings of a drunk man. Here's what you've done wrong.

1. You post when you're drunk. This is the crux of the problem. The posts aren't helpful or even really funny. You're a bitter drunk, so you spend most of your time drunk insulting board members and uttering racist slurs. That leads me to number 2...

2. Insulting board members. You regularly lash out at members even when it's totally unprovoked. I remember the thread about the derby horse that busted his leg you started calling Sassy stupid for no reason other than you were intoxicated and looking to pick a fight. I mean Sassy has generally left you alone, and you chose her to attack for some reason. By doing this and likewise to board members people stop liking you, start disliking you, and avoid reading your crap all together.

3. You brown nose. As a result of your low reputation, to try and patch things (after you're sober) you will try and spam threads with an over-excited populist view in an attempt to fit in. You'll quickly agree with popular posters and just re-state what everyone has already said to appear mainstream, agreeable and perhaps win back favor from those you've offended. Your intentions are transparent and it only makes you look pathetic because what little respect you gain back is always destroyed again a short time later in the next drunken Mock rampage.

Rinse, repeat.
So here's some advice:

If I were you, I would lay low and post only when you were sober and had something thoughtful to say. I would post what you really saw yourself and not just re-hash what others think to fit in. If you didn't watch the games, don't post opinions like you did. And most of all, I would stop drinking and get to an AA meeting. I bet if you stopped drinking your life would improve in a variety of wonderful ways. The Alcohol isn't helping you.

Unfortunately you'll probably take this advice I've given you and just give me an angry "STFU" but hope you consider these words.

Man-Goblin
08-13-2006, 12:35 PM

I knew a stipper named Blade once. She had that goth thing going on.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 12:45 PM

I was just responding.

Fla B is a lying POS.

Mock, now you're just making a fool of yourself.

You're about to get some more negative rep.

scorpio
08-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I knew a stipper named Blade once. She had that goth thing going on.

I went to kindergarten with an inbred hick kid whose God-given first name was Blade.

I'm sure he went on to do great things.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Watermock, you need a new PR guy because your stock on this board has completely tanked. I remember a Mock who would put up some decent takes and engage in football discussions thoughtfully. You had several posts that were worth reading - a far cry from the late-night rantings of a drunk man. Here's what you've done wrong.

1. You post when you're drunk. This is the crux of the problem. The posts aren't helpful or even really funny. You're a bitter drunk, so you spend most of your time drunk insulting board members and uttering racist slurs. That leads me to number 2...

2. Insulting board members. You regularly lash out at members even when it's totally unprovoked. I remember the thread about the derby horse that busted his leg you started calling Sassy stupid for no reason other than you were intoxicated and looking to pick a fight. I mean Sassy has generally left you alone, and you chose her to attack for some reason. By doing this and likewise to board members people stop liking you, start disliking you, and avoid reading your crap all together.

3. You brown nose. As a result of your low reputation, to try and patch things (after you're sober) you will try and spam threads with an over-excited populist view in an attempt to fit in. You'll quickly agree with popular posters and just re-state what everyone has already said to appear mainstream, agreeable and perhaps win back favor from those you've offended. Your intentions are transparent and it only makes you look pathetic because what little respect you gain back is always destroyed again a short time later in the next drunken Mock rampage.

Rinse, repeat.
So here's some advice:

If I were you, I would lay low and post only when you were sober and had something thoughtful to say. I would post what you really saw yourself and not just re-hash what others think to fit in. If you didn't watch the games, don't post opinions like you did. And most of all, I would stop drinking and get to an AA meeting. I bet if you stopped drinking your life would improve in a variety of wonderful ways. The Alcohol isn't helping you.

Unfortunately you'll probably take this advice I've given you and just give me an angry "STFU" but hope you consider these words.

Good advice, too bad he'll probably never listen.

SureShot
08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
How about Ginsu? The knives can cut through can and then thinnly slice a tomato! J/K

baja
08-13-2006, 01:41 PM
We can call him Nads that way we can say Go Nads

watermock
08-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Then we can call you Fugitive?

baja
08-13-2006, 01:45 PM
if you saw the 10 million just sitting there you'd take it too.

Spider
08-13-2006, 01:46 PM
Sure I would take it , but I would leave an IOU promising to pay the money back as soon as I won the lotto ..........

baja
08-13-2006, 01:46 PM
How was I to know it was Mr. Verrellie's money

baja
08-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Sure I would take it , but I would leave an IOU promising to pay the money back as soon as I won the lotto ..........

You're right to ease my conscience I'll send him a email with a hint as to a way to track me down. I'll say go to the OM and look for a poster that uses "your" when you should use "you're".

watermock
08-13-2006, 01:51 PM
That will calm the Feds.

BroncoBuff
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah ... is that just you mock .... or is there some consensus?

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Oh my god...I actually stand up for you there and you pull this? You really are pathetic.

Click the link Mock. It's a post YOU made that contains an article. It DOES say rocket surgeons, but it was in the article you posted, not something YOU said.

You got that Mock, or should I draw it out for you in crayon?
Its true. Except for the "rocket surgeon" malaprop, that article is much more coherent than anything Mock posts.

watermock
08-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Yeah ... is that just you mock .... or is there some consensus?

Did I say it was a concensus?

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 02:37 PM

I was just responding.

Fla B is a lying POS.
I want to thank everyone who was involved in thread. I'm laughing so hard my stomach hurts.

watermock
08-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Its true. Except for the "rocket surgeon" malaprop, that article is much more coherent than anything Mock posts.

Tell us again how Ian Gold sucks and We should trade Al Wilson and replace him with Terry Pierce.

DivineLegion
08-13-2006, 02:45 PM

Are you talking about the same JP Lossman who hit a LB right in the #s that he dropped???

How many fumbles did Harrington have? He had one nice pass, but the QB position is more then good throws...

Romo played 4 quarters...Jay played 2 :thumbs:
Cutler:16-22 192
Romo:19-25 235...is anyone else intrested to see what Cutler can do in 4?

Im not sure your watching the same football games...

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 02:46 PM
Tell us again how Ian Gold sucks and We should trade Al Wilson and replace him with Terry Pierce.
As you're well aware, I never said we should replace Al Wilson. I was delighted when we drafted a man-sized linebacker to replace Ian Gold. Too bad we picked a ****ty one who didn't fit Coyer's scheme.

Hey, Moc, is it time to get your Goose on?

SureShot
08-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Hey, Moc, is it time to get your Goose on?[/QUOTE]
LOL

I thought that was perpetual.

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey, Moc, is it time to get your Goose on?

Wrong bird.

http://www.bumwine.com/bumwine/bot_5_t.jpg

;D

watermock
08-13-2006, 02:53 PM
The thread was about Jay Cutler commenting on his play.

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 02:54 PM
I intend to start spelling our resident drunk's name Moc in honor of the other unemployable loser we fired last summer.

SureShot
08-13-2006, 02:57 PM
The thread was about Jay Cutler commenting on his play.

I this this thread was about bashing you. Isn't this how most your threads turn out?

watermock
08-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Everyone's got to understand this is a preseason game, we're seeing basic defenses, it's a basic offense we're running," Cutler said. "There's a lot of guys who could have gone out there and did what I did today and move the ball and be successful against the stuff we were seeing. When the real NFL season starts flying, things change a little bit. The game picks up and things get a little bit more complex."

These Cutler's coments. ****ing excuse me. The comment was that he talked almost coachlike.

The rest is total belligerant crap and a circle jerk.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 03:04 PM
I intend to start spelling our resident drunk's name Moc in honor of the other unemployable loser we fired last summer.

Hahahahaha...me too :rofl:

So hey Moc, how are your Vikings looking this season? :spit:

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 03:06 PM
These Cutler's coments. ****ing excuse me. The comment was that he talked almost coachlike.

The rest is total belligerant crap and a circle jerk.

It wasn't "almost coachlike" it was common sense...which explains why you have trouble understanding that.

scorpio
08-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Wrong bird.

;D

You guys are both wrong

http://www.bic-osake.com/osusume/whisky/images/wild_turkey.jpg

SureShot
08-13-2006, 03:29 PM
You guys are both wrong

http://www.bic-osake.com/osusume/whisky/images/wild_turkey.jpg

I'm sorry, but you are wrong also.

Broncoman13
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM

Yes, but I would've shared with my old CCME buddy!!! ;D :thumbsup:

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry, but you are wrong also.

See what he mixes with it?

http://static.flickr.com/6/8373493_60ca07ff53.jpg

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 05:20 PM

Yeah, that was an eye-opener. Certainly Kircus hadn't even made the second move before he threw that ball, yet it was right where it had to be. So we'll see how the kid does when D's realize they have to get after him a lot harder. We're gonna see how Cutler responds to pressure from the D's now. They saw the film too. I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds.

Spider
08-13-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah, that was an eye-opener. Certainly Kircus hadn't even made the second move before he threw that ball, yet it was right where it had to be. So we'll see how the kid does when D's realize they have to get after him a lot harder. We're gonna see how Cutler responds to pressure from the D's now. They saw the film too. I'm looking forward to seeing how he responds.
well cutler has 1 advantage , our running game , but yeah you are right , I cant wait to see cutler is a tight spot ...... I think the Kid will come through ....... I been awhile since we could get excited about a QB in Denver ..........

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 05:33 PM
well cutler has 1 advantage , our running game , but yeah you are right , I cant wait to see cutler is a tight spot ...... I think the Kid will come through ....... I been awhile since we could get excited about a QB in Denver ..........

Yeah, the kid didn't F around. He looked like he had a pretty good idea of what he wanted to do. I don't want to get into the "controversy" stuff, but Cutler didn't mamby-pamby as much as I've seen from other QB's. He identified some long patterns early and tried to hit them, rather than f'ing around and dumping off.

Spider
08-13-2006, 05:34 PM
Yeah, the kid didn't F around. He looked like he had a pretty good idea of what he wanted to do. I don't want to get into the "controversy" stuff, but Cutler didn't mamby-pamby as much as I've seen from other QB's. He identified some long patterns early and tried to hit them, rather than f'ing around and dumping off.
;D Shanny did right by us with Cutler

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Hilarious! You guys....stop I can't breath....ROFL!

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 05:59 PM

Settle down. If you can't "breath", call 911. You can almost type a full word and get some smilies in, so don't panic, first of all. You'll be fine if you just relax and "breath" while other people post their opinions, just relax. You don't have to be the center of attention all the time. Just "breath" deeply and rhythmically, ok?

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 06:00 PM
"Behold the Orange Mane reader. Bronco fan and internet wanderer. When they opened this thread, they expected to read something about Steve Watson. What they got was a trip to the Twilight Zone."

http://www.tvenvy.com/blogimages/rodserling.jpg

Kaylore
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Settle down. If you can't "breath", call 911. You can almost type a full word and get some smilies in, so don't panic, first of all. You'll be fine if you just relax and "breath" while other people post their opinions, just relax. You don't have to be the center of attention all the time. Just "breath" deeply and rhythmically, ok?
I still can't get over the devolution of prefered drinks to window cleaner.ROFL!

SureShot
08-13-2006, 06:04 PM
"Behold the Orange Mane reader. Bronco fan and internet wanderer. When they opened this thread, they expected to read something about Steve Watson. What they got was a trip to the Twilight Zone."

Wait until MoC wanders in here all lit up! This could be interesting.

Spider
08-13-2006, 06:05 PM
quick Bob put on the Rider Rider outfit and give Kaylor CPR ........ ;D

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 06:06 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Toserveman.jpg

It's a cookbook!

DomCasual
08-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, maybe you shouldn't spend so much time in history's annals then.

http://www.stats.waikato.ac.nz/Staff/curran/small-bnb.jpg

Spider
08-13-2006, 06:08 PM
4 long weeks ..........

DomCasual
08-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Can we all just agree on Brain Scientist and move on? Please?

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 06:24 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/Toserveman.jpg

It's a cookbook!
"To Serve Moc".

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I go on vacation, and the board falls into chaos.

-Slap-
08-13-2006, 06:32 PM
You were gone?

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 06:33 PM

Not chaos, just the latest installment of The Mane's favorite game, Whack-A-MoCk.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Not chaos, just the latest installment of The Mane's favorite game, Whack-A-MoCk.

It's Moc now.

Rocket 7
08-13-2006, 06:39 PM
It's Moc now.
I still like Mockkk better

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Dude's got more nicknames than Apollo Creed.

thumpc
08-13-2006, 06:54 PM
"To Serve Moc".
that guy is the rocket sous chef, not surgeon.

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 06:56 PM

Whatadrunk is my favorite.

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Whatadrunk is my favorite.

Don't forget bitterdrunk and wantsacock.8')

Florida_Bronco
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM

:spit:

baja
08-13-2006, 07:06 PM
Mock on vacation in Mexico

http://xfc.xanga.com/7fcb6b705423243875428/b29711761.jpg

clean
08-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Definitely the best!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1161906&postcount=30

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2584/twilightzone01sp0.th.jpg (http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=twilightzone01sp0.jpg)

freak6
08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Almost in tears over here.

I feel bad for Moc, looks like he is taking Kahns adivce though!

Tredici
08-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Definitely my entertainment for the evening.

Where did you go on vacation Cito? Will we be seeing pictures?

And let's just put this as plainly as possible.

Blade was, is and always will be STEVE WATSON.

Now Sitdown and STFU.

No1BroncoFan
08-13-2006, 08:31 PM
I prefer "What-a-schmuck", but that's just me.

Ben

azbroncfan
08-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Who's BLADE???

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Who's BLADE???

http://www.denverautographs.com/images/WATSON.JPG

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 08:52 PM
You were gone?

Haha. Very funny.

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Definitely my entertainment for the evening.

Where did you go on vacation Cito? Will we be seeing pictures?

Well, dogs and people went to a lot of places and did stupid things, but I don't want to step on what already occurred.

Circle Orange
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
Who's BLADE???

Wesley Snipes, of course. :thanku:

Cito Pelon
08-13-2006, 09:30 PM
You guys are animals. I read through page 3 and that was enough. I'm going back on vacation. And adding more dogs. What a train wreck. Well, I'm no saint, so I'll STFU.

-Slap-
08-14-2006, 07:02 AM
:kungfu:

Steve Sewell
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Ahh, the weekly Mock meltdown thread and I missed it! There's got to be sort of medication issue with this. Almost every 5 days, there is a meltdown right on queue.

Florida_Bronco
08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Ahh, the weekly Mock meltdown thread and I missed it! There's got to be sort of medication issue with this. Almost every 5 days, there is a meltdown right on queue.

Lately it's been happening every other day.

baja
08-14-2006, 10:12 AM
This is not a Mock melt down it is a pileing on of a convient target.

A lot of this is guys just trying to be funny at Mock's expense.

Mock has brought a lot of this on himself but it's gotten to the point that people go off on his because it is the thing to do. It's how to be cool, insult Mock.

Nuggets4
08-14-2006, 10:46 AM
Mock has brought a lot of this on himself but it's gotten to the point that people go off on his because it is the thing to do. It's how to be cool, insult Mock.

I'm old school. I've been going off on the drunk since before it was cool. I'm ahead of my time.

HILife
08-14-2006, 10:50 AM
We can call him Nads that way we can say Go Nads

LOL :rofl:

baja
08-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm old school. I've been going off on the drunk since before it was cool. I'm ahead of my time.

Yes you are ahead of your time and it is a difficult place too what with everyone needing months and sometimes years to realize you were right ll along.

Circle Orange
08-14-2006, 10:53 AM

Well, a skin pic would just about finish things off. Preferably something sleazy, questionable and in poor taste. I could make it an avatar. :wiggle:

-Slap-
08-14-2006, 11:21 AM

Guilty conscience?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1224398&postcount=103

SureShot
08-14-2006, 11:34 AM

Baja's adopt-a-poster....MoC!

I don't feel I need to insult MoC to be cool. He brings all this on himself. Don't label MoC a victim, you would just be insulting yourself.

NodJello
08-14-2006, 11:37 AM
For Cutler, I like "The Kid" - various articles around keep calling him that and IMO, it sounds cool - kind of gunslingerish. Not keen on Blade - just my opinion, not trashing it.

Florida_Bronco
08-14-2006, 11:39 AM

Yeah he's brought it on himself alright. I started out on this thread actually defending him and the little asshole started attacking me for it.

orange 4 life
08-14-2006, 11:53 AM

its common sense mock.

he played against 2nd and 3rd teamers, and he did it in PREseason game ONE.
pretty obvious that things would be different in the regular season.
he's not the first rookie to look good in preseason, and he's not the first rookie to be humble about it.

...and yes, he did look good. gotta love his arm strength and other than a few passes (one a short one just like a young elway struggled with) his accuracy was very good also....

....and that has no bearing on this season, and hopefully next season also.

instead of worrying about cutlers health, you should instead be worrying about plummer.
if plummer goes down, our season is screwed, and maybe cutlers head along with it.
let him sit and learn.

baja
08-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Guilty conscience?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1224398&postcount=103

Hey what you talking about I posted a pic of a hot chick feeding a ham sanwich to a passed out drunk where did I ever mention Mock.

Taco John
08-14-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey what you talking about I posted a pic of a hot chick feeding a ham sanwich to a passed out drunk where did I ever mention Mock.

Check the header there... ;)

Kaylore
08-14-2006, 12:21 PM
haha

baja
08-14-2006, 12:22 PM

oh that you would have to bring that up

No1BroncoFan
08-14-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah, but were you around for my "What should Mock do?" thread? There should be a few around here that remember it. Philly definatly enjoyed that one, as short lived as it was.

Ben

Tredici
08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
For Cutler, I like "The Kid" - various articles around keep calling him that and IMO, it sounds cool - kind of gunslingerish. Not keen on Blade - just my opinion, not trashing it.

Besides, that's what Al Wilson called him. If it's good enough for Al...

Florida_Bronco
08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but were you around for my "What should Mock do?" thread? There should be a few around here that remember it. Philly definatly enjoyed that one, as short lived as it was.

Ben

I don't remember that thread.

freak6
08-14-2006, 03:04 PM
jake called him "the kid" too.

orange 4 life
08-14-2006, 03:45 PM
jake called him "the kid" too.

thats because thats what he is.

a kid.

we start him now and we just killed a promising season.
we start him NEXT year and we're likely doing the same.

what you all dont realize is that if and when cutler becomes the man, and if and when cutler performs at the level that plummer has (leading us to playoff appearances), i will support the kid JUST as much as i support plummer.
he'll have earned it.

most people wont.

unfortunately, most people will give him as much or maybe MORE crap than they give jake, because the kid is supposed to be the second coming, while plummer is thought of as just a bridge player.
i had this conversation a few days ago with mike evans from 950 the fan, and while we dont agree on alot of issues, thats one where we see eye to eye.
NO ONE has much chance to get appreciation around here as a qb unless the TEAM is winning superbowls.

here's to hoping that happens this year.

Tredici
08-14-2006, 03:57 PM

what you all dont realize is that if and when cutler becomes the man, and if and when cutler performs at the level that plummer has (leading us to playoff appearances), i will support the kid JUST as much as i support plummer.
he'll have earned it.

What is up with this? This thread is about a nickname for The Kid. No one has remotely mentioned starting him.

Really Jake. Get a grip on this subject.

Meck77
08-14-2006, 03:59 PM

Amen........

There are 6,000 registered members here and I'd rank Mock in my top 10 favorite posters here any day of the week.

freak6
08-14-2006, 04:00 PM
I support Shannahan decisions. He'll play the guys that give us the best chance to win. If that's JC, so be it.

baja
08-14-2006, 04:01 PM

http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/media/jay-cutler/jay-cutler-ripped-to-shreds.jpg

Billy Clyde Puckett
08-14-2006, 04:11 PM
"Kid Cutler" has a nice ring to it . Like an old west gun slinger.

azbroncfan
08-14-2006, 05:18 PM
thats because thats what he is.

a kid.

he'll have earned it.

most people wont.

unfortunately, most people will give him as much or maybe MORE crap than they give jake, because the kid is supposed to be the second coming, while plummer is thought of as just a bridge player.
i had this conversation a few days ago with mike evans from 950 the fan, and while we dont agree on alot of issues, thats one where we see eye to eye.
NO ONE has much chance to get appreciation around here as a qb unless the TEAM is winning superbowls.

here's to hoping that happens this year.

As big as a Plummer homer you are you will always have someone to argue with you.

orange 4 life
08-14-2006, 05:51 PM
As big as a Plummer homer you are you will always have someone to argue with you.

i just support the man taking the snaps, especially considering that man has a near 2:1 td to turnover ratio and has won more games than any qb in the league the last 3 years except manning and brady.

again, if and when cutler plays at that level, ill become a "cutler homer" while a good chunk of people on this board will find a way to bash him just like they do now with plummer.

elway is gone, and he's not coming back.

-Slap-
08-14-2006, 06:51 PM
again, if and when cutler plays at that level, ill become a "cutler homer" while a good chunk of people on this board will find a way to bash him just like they do now with plummer.
People will be bitterly disappointed if Jay only plays to Jake's level.

orange 4 life
08-14-2006, 06:54 PM
People will be bitterly disappointed if Jay only plays to Jake's level.

exactly.

and if he does, that will be more than enough for me to be a "cutler homer".

expectations are EXTREMELY unrealistic in this town.

how a guy who's led us to more wins than anyone but manning and brady the last three years gets bashed so mercilessly is beyond me.

orange 4 life
08-14-2006, 06:55 PM
.....and it will just be worse for cutler, because of exactly the type of expectations you just voiced.

azbroncfan
08-14-2006, 09:57 PM
i just support the man taking the snaps, especially considering that man has a near 2:1 td to turnover ratio and has won more games than any qb in the league the last 3 years except manning and brady.

elway is gone, and he's not coming back.
I realize that and I have thought the same thing and heard the above statements at least 10 times. Look what shanny has done for Plummer, just think what he can do with a guy that has all the tools, brains and athletic ability.

orange 4 life
08-15-2006, 11:00 AM
I realize that and I have thought the same thing and heard the above statements at least 10 times. Look what shanny has done for Plummer, just think what he can do with a guy that has all the tools, brains and athletic ability.

....in a couple years.....hopefully.

and if he does, ill be the biggest "homer" around.
i know its just sinful in the fantasy geek era, but ill actually support the qb with enthusiasm.

you guys just dont seem to grasp the fact that now that cutlers here i hope he is everything we hope and more.
why in hell wouldnt i?

i just also know football enough to know that there's just no way he's capable of being better than plummer right now, and my main concern is winning this year.
seems pretty simple, though apparently not.

Rohirrim
08-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Amen........

There are 6,000 registered members here and I'd rank Mock in my top 10 favorite posters here any day of the week.

I agree. Sometimes he goes off the deep end, but sometimes he posts the funniest damn **** I've ever read.

freak6
08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
i just also know football enough to know that there's just no way he's capable of being better than plummer right now.

That's didn't read to confident. You know football. I know football. But neither one of us can predict the future with 100% certainty. And if Jay Cutler somehow continues to impress the way he did, I think he could be better than Jake Plummer.

It's scary to think about a 13-3 team handing the reins off to a rookie, but it's not outside the realm of possibility. If Jay C. keeps it going and Jake leads the team to a 1-3 or 1-4 start, its over for Jake.

Tredici
08-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Everytime I open this thread I keep expecting it to be about Denver's Wideout Coach.....

Circle Orange
08-15-2006, 12:47 PM
exactly.

and if he does, that will be more than enough for me to be a "cutler homer".

expectations are EXTREMELY unrealistic in this town.

how a guy who's led us to more wins than anyone but manning and brady the last three years gets bashed so mercilessly is beyond me.

Well, making sense is a waste of time with the season almost here.

People have unrealistic expectations because fans are basically kooks. They want what they want WHEN they want it. Fans don't have to use logic, they don't have to be rational or reasonable. The guy they love is the same one they boo from the stadium or want run out of town. Throw a touchdown? You're the king. Throw a pick? I bomb you out on sports talk and at the water cooler. One minute we're going to the Super Bowl, and the next we're going 4-12. We need to retool, we need to rebuild. We're just fine with a tweak. It's the same everywhere, no matter what city you go to. Even the best fans have lapses where they say (INSERT NAME HERE) must "go." So let's review our past lists...

Shanahan must go
Jake must go
Griese must go
Sundquist must go
Kubiak must go
Bubby can go
Robinson must go

So we'll ride the Cutler bandwagon. Until we find out that he too, isn't Elway. Then we'll have a NEW thread...

JAY CUTLER MUST GO!
(and then his name will be Otto)

Ain't being a fan great? !Booya!

freak6
08-15-2006, 12:51 PM
I've never said any of the above must go. How could anyone, we were almost always making the playoffs, and with those rings, who can argue.

I wanna know where Moc came up with "blade" lol.

Florida_Bronco
08-15-2006, 01:18 PM
I wanna know where Moc came up with "blade" lol.

How's he come up with half the stuff he posts? LOL

alkemical
08-15-2006, 02:02 PM
blade > ding dong

Killericon
04-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Bump in a post-Cutler world.

LonghornBronco
04-05-2009, 07:56 AM
Are you trying to make me feel worse? ;) :Whaaaa!: :pity: ~Popps~

bronco militia
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
thread bump

RIP watermock!

DomCasual
11-17-2010, 03:10 PM
thread bump

RIP watermock!

HAHAHAHAHA This has to be my favorite. Blade. Good ol' Mock.

theAPAOps5
11-17-2010, 03:11 PM
I had forgotten about this one. I had to force myself not to chuckle out loud at work. Seriously he included a description of orbit right in the middle of a rant.

Only Mock could pull that off. It was an art.

Archer81
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
What is upsetting is how many posters dont post here much anymore.

Odd how things change.

:Broncos:

bronco militia
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
What is upsetting is how many posters dont post here much anymore.

Odd how things change.

:Broncos:

A lot of fans identify with the players, not just the color of the jersey.

this has been a tough team to follow when you consider the roster turnover since the superbowl years.

baja
11-17-2010, 09:19 PM

this has been a tough team to follow when you consider the roster turnover since the superbowl years.

Ah this is 2010, 13 years later wouldn't you expect some turn over?

bronco militia
11-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Ah this is 2010, 13 years later wouldn't you expect some turn over?

yes of course, but the broncos/NFL used to have players that stuck around one team for 9-10 years

baja
11-17-2010, 09:25 PM
yes of course, but the broncos/NFL used to have players that stuck around one team for 9-10 years

when & who

Just 6 or 7 on the same team will do.

Hogan11
11-17-2010, 09:33 PM

This is the curse of fantasy football

HAT
11-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Well, making sense is a waste of time with the season almost here.

People have unrealistic expectations because fans are basically kooks. They want what they want WHEN they want it. Fans don't have to use logic, they don't have to be rational or reasonable. The guy they love is the same one they boo from the stadium or want run out of town. Throw a touchdown? You're the king. Throw a pick? I bomb you out on sports talk and at the water cooler. One minute we're going to the Super Bowl, and the next we're going 4-12. We need to retool, we need to rebuild. We're just fine with a tweak. It's the same everywhere, no matter what city you go to. Even the best fans have lapses where they say (INSERT NAME HERE) must "go." So let's review our past lists...

Shanahan must go
Jake must go
Griese must go
Sundquist must go
Kubiak must go
Bubby can go
Robinson must go

So we'll ride the Cutler bandwagon. Until we find out that he too, isn't Elway. Then we'll have a NEW thread...

JAY CUTLER MUST GO!
(and then his name will be Otto)

Ain't being a fan great? !Booya!

I know this was a Mock-Trib bump but this post is nails.