PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo OK after no swelling or pain in knee (THANK YOU GOD!)

RhymesayersDU
08-09-2006, 09:45 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/news/story?id=2544551

Updated: Aug. 9, 2006, 12:33 PM ET
Carmelo OK after no swelling or pain in knee
Associated Press

DENVER -- Denver Nuggets forward Carmelo Anthony had no swelling or pain Wednesday and was walking normally, one day after hyperextending his knee while playing for the U.S. national team in China.

Anthony is considered day-to-day, the Nuggets said.

The injury came in the U.S. team's 90-86 victory over Brazil in Guangzhou, China. Anthony, who scored 15 points in the first half, slipped while chasing a ball to the sideline with 2:21 left in the second quarter.

BroncoMatt
08-09-2006, 07:39 PM
my heart sank when I heard about his knee on the radio, thank goodness its okay

Jori
08-10-2006, 12:21 PM
Carmelo practices with Team USA, says knee is OK

HONG KONG -- Team USA's Carmelo Anthony practiced for more than two hours Thursday at Hong Kong University, seeming recovered from the knee injury he suffered two days earlier against Brazil, USA Basketball said in a news release.

Anthony, currently the USA's leading scorer (17.3 ppg.) after the team's first three exhibition games, crashed into the bench and had to be assisted to the locker room with 2:21 to play in the second quarter after diving for a loose ball. His injury was announced as a hyperextended right knee, and he did not return to Tuesday's narrow 90-86 victory.

"It felt good, I was impressed about the way it felt. I thought it might be sore, but my knee felt good," Anthony said following practice. "I got my rhythm back; that was something I was worried about, but it felt good all practice."

Team USA will continue to train in Hong Kong before leaving late Friday for Seoul, South Korea, for exhibition games Sunday against Lithuania and Tuesday against Korea before opening World Championship preliminary round play Aug. 19 against Puerto Rico.

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/wbc2006/news/story?id=2545400

Clockwork Orange
08-13-2006, 01:27 AM
Looks like Carmelo is feeling fine. He just hung 19 points on Lithuania. !Booya!

Jori
08-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Looks like Carmelo is feeling fine. He just hung 19 points on Lithuania. !Booya!
Damn, I forgot that they played yesterday. Saw the highlights on ESPNews. Melo baby :notworthy !Booya!

Namy
08-13-2006, 04:20 PM
By shining in the international media, there is no way he misses the all star game this year. I wouldn't even be shocked if he started. Glad that he's healthy. Team USA is looking really good.

RhymesayersDU
08-13-2006, 04:23 PM
By shining in the international media, there is no way he misses the all star game this year. I wouldn't even be shocked if he started. Glad that he's healthy. Team USA is looking really good.
I hope so! He shouldn't have missed it last season, IMO. Pau Gasol over him? F--- that.