PDA

View Full Version : Larry Johnson: The Real Deal...or Not?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Bob's your Information Minister
10-25-2006, 02:06 PM
I was not wrong...LJ has looked nothing like the LJ from 2005.

I disagree, heartily. Did you watch the Chargers game? It might as well have been a carbon copy of his game against the Chargers last year.

10-25-2006, 02:07 PM
LJ has had better QB play to support him than Tatum. As sad as that is.

That's true. The reason teams aren't stacking the box willy-nilly against Denver is because of Javon Walker. He's been a real benefit to your offense. The Chiefs don't have someone that's that much of a downfield threat.

Iowanian
10-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I was not wrong...LJ has looked nothing like the LJ from 2005.

It it wasn't you, or Steve or gaylore...I'd be surprised.

You're probably right....it has everything to do with Larry Johnson and his skill, and nothing to do with losing Willie Roaf, Welbourne, Tony Richardson, the replacement for Tony Richardson, and Trent Green in the first game of the season. It has nothing to do with teams through week 6 giving the passing game Zero respect with Huard at QB.

I know you clowns aren't this stupid.

We'll see how things compare after Johnson has Welbourne back at RT and Trent Green under center, and now Taintum doesn't have his chop blocking LT.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 04:25 PM

You're probably right....it has everything to do with Larry Johnson and his skill, and nothing to do with losing Willie Roaf, Welbourne, Tony Richardson, the replacement for Tony Richardson, and Trent Green in the first game of the season. It has nothing to do with teams through week 6 giving the passing game Zero respect with Huard at QB.

Wasn't it you and Bob who were here crowing about how great LJ did even without Roaf? You're sure making alot of excuses for LJ, but you refuse to acknowledge the fact that he STILL has one of the best interior lines in the NFL, and most of his running comes between the tackles. Damon Huard is pretty much a wash, as he's playing very well right now.

I think you just need to admit that regardless of the circumstances, LJ just isn't the player he was in 2005.

[QUOTE]We'll see how things compare after Johnson has Welbourne back at RT and Trent Green under center, and now Taintum doesn't have his chop blocking LT.

For all your bitching about chop blocking, you do know that the Chiefs employ the same legal scheme with only less frequency.

10-25-2006, 04:57 PM
I wasn't aware we had to make excuses for LJ. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Doing just fine.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 05:23 PM
I wasn't aware we had to make excuses for LJ. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Doing just fine.

He's also 11th in rushing yards, which is pretty much middle of the pack.

BroncoFanDoug
10-25-2006, 05:37 PM
LJ is a very good back - I'd love to have a 1500 - 1800 yd back. I don't think he has quite put himself at the top tier yet, but he is close.

You know what is really scary to me? Bob answered the post in 9 MINUTES! Just how much time does he spend here? It's got to be more than on the chefs board (which I can understand, seeing as it is filled with chef fans). I never really believed it, but maybe he is a closet Bronco fan!

Steve Sewell
10-25-2006, 07:31 PM
That's true. The reason teams aren't stacking the box willy-nilly against Denver is because of Javon Walker. He's been a real benefit to your offense. The Chiefs don't have someone that's that much of a downfield threat.

Wow, a shockingly in depth analysis...LMFAO

Steve Sewell
10-25-2006, 07:33 PM

We'll see how things compare after Johnson has Welbourne back at RT and Trent Green under center, and now Taintum doesn't have his chop blocking LT.

The funniest part about this whole situation is that we had you Chump trolls over here telling us that LJ would go for 2,000 regardless of these losses. Looks like you're backtracking a little bit now.

youcandoit1687
10-25-2006, 09:34 PM
BTW, how many times do you see ANY NFL RB not names Earl Campbell or Walter Payton routinely break 5, 6, or 7 and then score?

anybody have that video of tiki vs the chiefs last year?

youcandoit1687
10-25-2006, 09:48 PM

actually i was informed that turley would do OK for roaf, welbourne sucked anyways, and richardson would be replaced by cruz plus the FB was rarely used last year. uh huh. huard has actually put up decent numbers and has some nice throws from what i saw against the chargers. its just not possible to put up LJs numbers from last year on a full, regular season basis

oh and if my memory serves me, the original debate was whether or not LJ was to be mentioned with "the great ones" or whether his season was the only thing to be mentioned with greatness. seems to me that it was his season and hes nto going to be lighting it up like that for the rest of his career

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 09:57 PM
actually i was informed that turley would do OK for roaf, welbourne sucked anyways, and richardson would be replaced by cruz plus the FB was rarely used last year. uh huh. huard has actually put up decent numbers and has some nice throws from what i saw against the chargers. its just not possible to put up LJs numbers from last year on a full, regular season basis

Exactly. They downplayed the loss of those players all offseason, but when LJ starts declining then all of the sudden they are huge detrimental losses to the team. They know the truth though, and the truth is that LJ isn't the great back they thought he was after everything fell into place for him in the 2nd half of the 2005 season.

Now LJ is 3rd in the AFC West in average yards per carry, ahead of only LaMont Jordan of the hapless Faiders.

10-25-2006, 10:33 PM
This is getting stupid.

Why don't you go ahead and start a thread for LaDainian Tomlinson. He's only averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

LJ isn't declining. Christ, that's really stupid. He just schooled the #1 defense for crying out loud.

There's no other running back I'd rather have. No one has his combination of power, speed and moves.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 10:36 PM
This is getting stupid.

Why don't you go ahead and start a thread for LaDainian Tomlinson. He's only averaging 3.8 yards per carry.

LJ isn't declining. Christ, that's really stupid. He just schooled the #1 defense for crying out loud.

LT has established himself as a top tier starter for years now, LJ has not.

Also, how come you didn't mention LJ getting schooled by Arizona and Pittsburgh? He flat out S-U-C-K-E-D in those 2 games.

10-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Would you rather have Tatum Bell or Larry Johnson?

10-25-2006, 10:37 PM
Also, how come you didn't mention LJ getting schooled by Arizona and Pittsburgh? He flat out S-U-C-K-E-D in those 2 games.

That's because there was NOWHERE TO RUN.

maven
10-25-2006, 10:39 PM
LJ is a very good RB. Could his immense skills have been wasted? Most likely. He'll be 27 years old in a month. Yes, he hasn't taken the punishment. But, in some ways he is considered a late bloomer. His career has been minute and his style of play is key. He's a tough SOB. We'll see...

maven
10-25-2006, 10:42 PM
Exactly. They downplayed the loss of those players all offseason, but when LJ starts declining then all of the sudden they are huge detrimental losses to the team. They know the truth though, and the truth is that LJ isn't the great back they thought he was after everything fell into place for him in the 2nd half of the 2005 season.

Now LJ is 3rd in the AFC West in average yards per carry, ahead of only LaMont Jordan of the hapless Faiders.

You stick LJ behind our line and he could hit 2K. He's one hell of a runner. There's nothing wrong in admitting it.

Pick on Trent Green. Pick on other players. Stupid to pick on LJ

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 10:43 PM
Would you rather have Tatum Bell or Larry Johnson?

Again, what does that have to do with this conversation? If I picked LJ, does that give him (or you) some kind of validation?

That's because there was NOWHERE TO RUN.

Ok so let me get this straight here. You are saying that losing Roaf and Welborne and Richardson were major losses to your team? That's not what you said all offseason, Bob.

Are you saying that your interior line, which you so famously pumped up during the offseason, is not getting the job done either?

Or will you finally admit that LJ is just not as great as you thought he was?

Either way Bob, you were wrong...now it's just down to decided what you were wrong about.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 10:45 PM
You stick LJ behind our line and he could hit 2K. He's one hell of a runner. There's nothing wrong in admitting it.

Pick on Trent Green. Pick on other players. Stupid to pick on LJ

Oh I have no doubt that LJ would do 10 times better in our offense than in KC's. Watching Denver turn people like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson into 1000 yard rushers showed me that.

I'm not saying LJ's a bad player, but he's not the superstar people think he is. As far as the O-line goes, LJ's is pretty good on the interior.

10-25-2006, 10:46 PM
Either way Bob, you were wrong....

How? Larry is having a great season. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

There's no way you can spin that any other way. Sure, his yards per carry is down. Why? Because Green went out, allowing teams to stack the box.

You've got nothing to stand on here. Larry is the same back I saw last year.

10-25-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm not saying LJ's a bad player, but he's not the superstar people think he is.

He's a top five running back. Top ten at worst. That's a superstar in my book. He's made superstar plays all year. Plays that average backs don't make.

10-25-2006, 10:48 PM
If LJ is not a superstar, what were the Denver Broncos doing giving him 126 yards? I mean...you guys must suck! Tomlinson might get 200!

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 11:01 PM
How? Larry is having a great season. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

There's no way you can spin that any other way. Sure, his yards per carry is down. Why? Because Green went out, allowing teams to stack the box.

You've got nothing to stand on here. Larry is the same back I saw last year.

A great season? You call being middle of the pack in rushing a great season? This would be surprising, had your evaluation of talent not been proven off base multiple times.

Yeah his yards per carry is down...wayyyyy down. He's also been shut down by Arizona and Pitt and would have been shut down in San Fran had he not begged to be kept in to pad his stats. You can keep defending LJ all you want, but right now everything is pointing to me being right.

Just a little tidbit for you, Bob. Now keep in mind I know this is pretty subjective and subject to change, but you remember that I predicted 1300 yards on the year for LJ? Well at his current pace of 81.5 yards a game, he would end the season with 1304 yards.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 11:02 PM
If LJ is not a superstar, what were the Denver Broncos doing giving him 126 yards? I mean...you guys must suck! Tomlinson might get 200!

That's what happens when your defense can't make a fundamentally sound tackle.

10-25-2006, 11:08 PM
A great season? You call being middle of the pack in rushing a great season?

LJ won't be 11th at season's end. The loss of Green impacted the running game. Surely you can understand that.

Right now, all you've got is "yards per carry," which means jack squat considering LT's yards per carry is nearly identical.

Third in the league in yards from scrimmage. You are wrong. LJ will continue to prove you wrong. Just like he did against the Chargers.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 11:20 PM
LJ won't be 11th at season's end.

Maybe, maybe not.

The loss of Green impacted the running game. Surely you can understand that.

Of course it did, but it's not like you stuck Joe Suck-a-lot back there at QB, you have Damon Huard who has proven to be a very capable backup in his NFL career.

Right now, all you've got is "yards per carry," which means jack squat considering LT's yards per carry is nearly identical.

I have yards per carry, rushing yards, rushing attempts, poor performances and so forth. As I also explained, LT has established himself as a top tier running back for years, something which LJ has not done, so surely you can understand why LT is given a break.

Third in the league in yards from scrimmage. You are wrong. LJ will continue to prove you wrong. Just like he did against the Chargers.

Yeah, he's got alot of receiving yards on a team that has been pretty screen happy lately, but that doesn't change the fact that his rushing performance has experienced a very significant drop off.

It's also kinda ironic that you keep making excuses for LJ while refusing to address the fact that he has one of the best interior lines in the NFL.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 11:22 PM
Also Bob, I want you to answer the question posed to you in post #269. You were wrong about one of those statements, I want you to tell me which one it was.

10-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Again, I'm not making excuses for LJ. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. You can't put up those kinds of numbers and be referred to as anything less than elite.

Also, our screen game has sucked this year. The majority of LJ's receiving yards are on dumpoffs where he makes people miss or runs them over.

LJ is doing just fine. I suspect if Green was still in the lineup that yards per carry would be alot closer to 5. That is the X Factor that has made the difference. NO RUNNING BACK could have performed much better than LJ did in Arizona or Pittsburgh. There was simply nowhere to run.

10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Also Bob, I want you to answer the question posed to you in post #269. You were wrong about one of those statements, I want you to tell me which one it was.

I wasn't wrong about anything. We still have one of the best interior lines in the league. They didn't play like it for a couple games. If you watched the San Diego game, you saw them at their best.

Claiming victory in this thread after six games is stupid. LJ's going to make you look even more foolish by season's end.

Goodnight.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm not claiming victory yet, but I've been right so far.

BroncoFanDoug
10-26-2006, 02:56 PM
He's a top five running back. Top ten at worst. That's a superstar in my book. He's made superstar plays all year. Plays that average backs don't make.

You have an odd book. There are 32 team. So you have LJ in the top 13.5% to 27% or so. Top 10% might classify as a star. If you let in the top 25% you have kinda watered down star quite a bit, doncha think?

Think Michael Jordan, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Jim Brown. Think HOFrs. People well known to casual fans from other cities. People that will be remembered and talked about for years after they retire.

Of course, in KC I can understand how you might need to change the rating scale. With so few stars, its easy to look like a superstar!

KCGridironBeast
10-26-2006, 04:10 PM
There are 36 team.

Are we talking about the same NFL here?

Bronx33
10-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Looky the KC dude found a typo. (you go girl!)

youcandoit1687
10-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Again, I'm not making excuses for LJ. He's third in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. You can't put up those kinds of numbers and be referred to as anything less than elite.

Also, our screen game has sucked this year. The majority of LJ's receiving yards are on dumpoffs where he makes people miss or runs them over.

LJ is doing just fine. I suspect if Green was still in the lineup that yards per carry would be alot closer to 5. That is the X Factor that has made the difference. NO RUNNING BACK could have performed much better than LJ did in Arizona or Pittsburgh. There was simply nowhere to run.

i cant remember the exact quote but i remember u saying on chiefsplanet right after green went down that huard could actually surprise people and put up pretty good numbers. i would say that he has, i watched him against SD and he had good accuracy and found the open receivers. it seems to me that you redirect your fingerpointing depending on who you are defending.

we say LJ has only had a HOF year not a HOF career and that continuing like that is unlikely, you tell us that his struggles this year are because of the losses of the offseason. in a different thread, we tell you that those losses are going to affect LJs numbers this year, no no no you tell us...most of the time the chiefs ran one back sets and turley is coming along well, wellbourne sucked anyways and ronnie cruz will do just fine.

its ok to admit that something about the chiefs is not the greatest, really, we will believe you.

10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
You're talking about the best player on our team. Do you see me on here saying Champ Bailey is a putz? No.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 08:01 AM
You're talking about the best player on our team.

That's not saying much.

KipCorrington25
10-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Of course, in KC I can understand how you might need to change the rating scale. With so few stars, its easy to look like a superstar!

Similar to wanting the play offs expanded.

10-27-2006, 11:05 AM
That's not saying much.

Oh **** you! You were three points better than us with our backup QB. We're going to push your shiat in at Arrowhead.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh **** you! You were three points better than us with our backup QB. We're going to push your shiat in at Arrowhead.

In 2005, the Pittsburgh Steelers beat the San Diego Chargers by just 2 points in San Diego. The Steelers became Super Bowl champions, while the Chargers missed the playoffs.

And what's my point with all this?

Even elite teams occasionally have close calls against their subpar counterparts.

10-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. I'm sure you guys will waltz into Arrowhead and show that the game in Denver was a fluke.

I'm also sure our big win over the red-hot Chargers a fluke, too.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I'm sure that's it. I'm sure you guys will waltz into Arrowhead and show that the game in Denver was a fluke.

I'm also sure our big win over the red-hot Chargers a fluke, too.

It was...you were very fortunate to win that game. In fact, your team barely held on after establishing a 17 point lead!

10-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Remember when you barely beat the Raiders...and the Browns...I'm sure those close calls were just flukes, too.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm going to push my boyfriend's shiat in at Arrowhead.

Fixed it for you.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Remember when you barely beat the Raiders...and the Browns...I'm sure those close calls were just flukes, too.

We beat them both by 10 points and never surrendered the lead in those games. The outcomes were never in question.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 11:54 AM
We beat them both by 10 points and never surrendered the lead in those games. The outcomes were never in question.

The stat-man doesn't take that into consideration.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
The stat-man doesn't take that into consideration.

That's because he has very little football knowledge and/or doesn't watch the games...it's actually pretty comical.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:05 PM
That's because he has very little football knowledge and/or doesn't watch the games...it's actually pretty comical.

Exactly. Go back and look at him trying to argue football with Mediator...it's like watching Steven Hawkins getting thrashed by Hercules.

10-27-2006, 12:05 PM

I've watched every Broncos game this year. Go **** yourself.

I'll guarantee the Chiefs beat Oakland and Cleveland by more than 10 points.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:09 PM

My mom has watched every Broncos game this year too...that doesn't mean she knows anything about football.

10-27-2006, 12:09 PM
My mom has watched every Broncos game this year too...that doesn't mean she knows anything about football.

That's great. I'm a paid football writer. You are welcome to kiss my ass.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:19 PM

Again, that's not saying much. Just because you are paid for doing something doesn't mean you're any good at it. Even your Crap Planet buddies think your articles are a joke.

10-27-2006, 12:20 PM
Not really.

I'll put my football knowledge up against yours any day of the week. Name your challenge.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Bob, that's not very apparent if you are stating that the Broncos "barely" beat the Fade or the Browns. It was fairly obvious, despite the fact that the Broncos won by 10 points, that those teams literally had no chance in those games.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Not really.

I'll put my football knowledge up against yours any day of the week. Name your challenge.
Hilarious!
Bob, you have an entire body of work here on this board that can be used to discredit your football "knowledge"...trying to prove this again woudl be an excercise in futility.

10-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Hilarious!
Bob, you have an entire body of work here on this board that can be used to discredit your football "knowledge"...trying to prove this again woudl be an excercise in futility.

Failed predictions don't discredit me in the least.

I'm waiting, Florida Bronco. Let's do this. What do you want? A pick'em contest for the rest of the year? Some kind of fantasy football thing?

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Not really.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

What's the use Bob? You never admit defeat no matter how badly you get beaten.

10-27-2006, 12:28 PM
I'll admit defeat if the numbers prove it. Pretty simple. Let's do a pick 'em. You should be able to soundly defeat me, given my pop-warner like skills.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:28 PM

I'm waiting, Florida Bronco. Let's do this. What do you want? A pick'em contest for the rest of the year? Some kind of fantasy football thing?

Fantasy football is all based around stats...your specialty. Besides, I think fantasy football is retarded and I don't play it.

I'm currently leading the OM prediction contest...how come you didn't play?

10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
I participated in another Orange Mane pick 'em. Currently I am second.

Let's do something. I'm tired of the lack of respect. I'm going to wipe the floor with you.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
I'll admit defeat if the numbers prove it. Pretty simple. Let's do a pick 'em. You should be able to soundly defeat me, given my pop-warner like skills.

I don't think a pick em league is really a great way to gauge football knowledge. You have a 50% chance of being right on any guess you make.

10-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Fair enough. Pick something else.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:34 PM
I participated in another Orange Mane pick 'em. Currently I am second.

Let's do something. I'm tired of the lack of respect. I'm going to wipe the floor with you.

Ok...so you are 2nd in your pickem league while I'm in 1st place in mine. Sounds like I got you beat so far.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:35 PM

1) Roaf/Welbourne/Richardson/Saunders loss = no dropoff in offensive production.

2) The Broncos "barely" beat the Fade and Browns.

I can keep going, but like I said, it would be an excersise in futility.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Fair enough. Pick something else.

I'm open to suggestions...after all you are the one with something to prove.

10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
1) Roaf/Welbourne/Richardson/Saunders loss = no dropoff in offensive production.

Who said that? It certainly wasn't me.

10-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm open to suggestions...after all you are the one with something to prove.

I gave you a suggestion.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:37 PM

2) The Broncos "barely" beat the Fade and Browns.

I can keep going, but like I said, it would be an excersise in futility.

3) Losing Willie Roaf was completely offset by the signing of Ty Law.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:37 PM

They PAY you? ROFL!

I'll have to give you credit...you are one of the greatest swindler's in the journalism biz.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:39 PM
3) Losing Willie Roaf was completely offset by the signing of Ty Law.

4) "The Chiefs have a defense"...exact thread title after their 9'er and Cardinal games... *cough* Pittsburgh *cough*

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 12:39 PM
They PAY you? ROFL!

I'll have to give you credit...you are one of the greatest swindler's in the journalism biz.

He writes the filler articles...they give him a few bucks an article.

10-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm waiting, dumbass. You weren't open to my suggestion so you better come up with something.

BroncoFiend
10-27-2006, 12:48 PM

Do the numbers still support your prediction of LJ getting 2,000 rushing this year?

10-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Do the numbers still support your prediction of LJ getting 2,000 rushing this year?

Pretty sure I never predicted that, either.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Who said that? It certainly wasn't me.

Specific Saunders/Solari no drop-off reference:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1207695&postcount=40

The entire thread with tons of idiotic references to the "no drop off" argument that you peddled pre-season:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44654&page=2&highlight=solari

BroncoFanDoug
10-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Not really.

It's not your knowledge of facts that is the problem. It's your intepretations of facts that are so amusing! Like gross yards punting are more important than net yards! Like LJ's stats make him a superstar!

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:08 PM
As I scour the main for the many Bob contradictions and failed predictions, here is another another Bobo GEM:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1200294&postcount=131

10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Specific Saunders/Solari no drop-off reference:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1207695&postcount=40

The entire thread with tons of idiotic references to the "no drop off" argument that you peddled pre-season:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44654&page=2&highlight=solari

There's nothing in there that says I didn't believe there wouldn't be a dropoff. Indeed, I actually PREDICTED a dropoff.

And as it turns out, Solari is doing a great job. His gameplan against the Chargers was fantastic.

10-27-2006, 01:11 PM
As I scour the main for the many Bob contradictions and failed predictions, here is another another Bobo GEM:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1200294&postcount=131

That was before Green got hurt. Nice try, dumbass.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:15 PM
There's nothing in there that says I didn't believe there wouldn't be a dropoff. Indeed, I actually PREDICTED a dropoff.

And as it turns out, Solari is doing a great job. His gameplan against the Chargers was fantastic.

Yeah right, Bob.

Here is the post you were responding to:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1207691&postcount=37
"Don't you know that Mike Solari was the brains of the operation all along?

I guess thats why he was the one who got the 2 million a year deal from Washington.

Oops."

And your answer:

"Mike was the brains of our running game.

I'm counting on Green and QB coach Terry Shea to fill the void in the passing game. No worries."

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:16 PM
That was before Green got hurt. Nice try, dumbass.

That seems a tad contradictory to this statement from the same thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1200249&postcount=123

10-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Not really. You're reaching.

And yes, I did predict a dropoff. I predicted we'd average somewhere around 23 points a game if I recall correctly. We'll see how that goes.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Not really. You're reaching.

And yes, I did predict a dropoff. I predicted we'd average somewhere around 23 points a game if I recall correctly. We'll see how that goes.

You are totally full of **** Bob, but whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this anymore, but I could find MANY, MANY posts from you talking about how Solari was going to step in with no drop off from Saunders, and how Turley would be a more than adequate replacement, and how Richardson wasn't that big of a loss, and on and on and on.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 01:31 PM
You are totally full of **** Bob, but whatever. I'm not going to waste my time with this anymore, but I could find MANY, MANY posts from you talking about how Solari was going to step in with no drop off from Saunders, and how Turley would be a more than adequate replacement, and how Richardson wasn't that big of a loss, and on and on and on.

That's how Bob works, he gets his virtual ass handed to him and tries to spin his way out of it.

He's like the loser who gets his ass kicked in a fight but keeps talking **** as his buddies drag his bloody body away.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:37 PM
That's how Bob works, he gets his virtual ass handed to him and tries to spin his way out of it.

He's like the loser who gets his ass kicked in a fight but keeps talking **** as his buddies drag his bloody body away.

Bob should really stick to posting during the on-season mode, because he writes a lot of "virtual checks" that his "virtual ass" can't cash during the off season.

It's all pointless...he won't be here for next offseason anyways. ROFL!

24champ
10-27-2006, 01:39 PM

2 dollars an article whoopteedoo.

freak6
10-27-2006, 01:39 PM
The Chiefs have a defense thread is awesome. He raves about Goonther, and 4 weeks later he is saying Goonther should have been fired years ago. lmao

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 01:41 PM
How about that bet he made with me on Hali vs Foster. Anyone with basic football knowledge would know that Hali is exactly the type of pass rusher that Foster usually handles with ease.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:44 PM
The Chiefs have a defense thread is awesome. He raves about Goonther, and 4 weeks later he is saying Goonther should have been fired years ago. lmao

If I had a dollar for every time Bob contradicted himself, I'd have roughly $7,863.

Math:

15,726 posts divided by 2.

And then I could pay Bob for 3,932 ****ty Chiefs homer articles, but that would be a serious waste of money.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Weird, Bob somehow has disappeared. Bob is the Frenchman of the Orange Mane.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Another Bobo GEM:

"Guys, get a clue. We have played better defensive football this year against more talented offensive teams. This was just a hiccup. San Diego has more offensive talent and they will not score so much as 21 next week."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=47391&page=7&highlight=chiefs+defense

10-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Look, you guys can quote all the posts you want. I predicted we'd average 23 points a game this year. That is a dropoff. END OF STORY.

As for that post, I didn't anticipate the Chargers would get two short fields. They scored TDs on drives of 23 and 30 yards. Our defense handled them just fine.

10-27-2006, 02:02 PM
How about that bet he made with me on Hali vs Foster. Anyone with basic football knowledge would know that Hali is exactly the type of pass rusher that Foster usually handles with ease.

Like Leonard Little the week before? Get a clue.

10-27-2006, 02:03 PM

This is a classic example of not knowing what the hell you're talking about.

I was off the Gunther bandwagon after the Cowboys game LAST YEAR.

I'm firmly against him. **** GUNTHER.

24champ
10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Look, you guys can quote all the posts you want. I predicted we'd average 23 points a game this year. That is a dropoff. END OF STORY.

As for that post, I didn't anticipate the Chargers would get two short fields. They scored TDs on drives of 23 and 30 yards. Our defense handled them just fine.

probably a clue as to why you get paid 2 bucks an article.:rofl:

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Like Leonard Little the week before? Get a clue.

Leonard Little is definetly a speed rusher.

10-27-2006, 02:08 PM
probably a clue as to why you get paid 2 bucks an article.:rofl:

Shut up, ignoramus.

10-27-2006, 02:09 PM

So is Hali. He rocketed pass an OT in the SF game. Clearly he's not in Little's league, but they are a similar style of football player. I'd say Hali will have a better game against Foster at Arrowhead.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 02:11 PM
So is Hali. He rocketed pass an OT in the SF game. Clearly he's not in Little's league, but they are a similar style of football player. I'd say Hali will have a better game against Foster at Arrowhead.

No, Hali is not a speed rusher. He is a power rusher.

Keep showing that great football knowledge Bob.

24champ
10-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Shut up, ignoramus.

Here Bob this will help your "problems"...

http://a1468.g.akamai.net/f/1468/580/1d/pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/10180/200.jpg

10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
No, Hali is not a speed rusher. He is a power rusher.

That's funny stuff. Hali is not a power rusher. Reggie White was a power rusher. Hali's got a decent club, but his best asset is his quickness.

10-27-2006, 02:17 PM
I take it you pussed out of my challenge, Florida Bronco? Figures. I would have destroyed you.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
That's funny stuff. Hali is not a power rusher. Reggie White was a power rusher. Hali's got a decent club, but his best asset is his quickness.

OK Bob, why don't you go back and read the scouting reports. You'll be hard pressed to find a single one that claims Hali is a speed rusher. Don't confuse being a high motor player with being a speed rusher.

I take it you pussed out of my challenge, Florida Bronco?

Feel free to find something that is a good gauge of football knowledge. We've ruled out fantasy football (stat based, which you would love) and pick em leagues. Again, you are the one with something to prove, not me.

Figures. I would have destroyed you.

Just like Whatshisburger was not in any way prepared to face the KC defense, right?

Man-Goblin
10-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Brings back memories of a classic exchange between Kaylore and Bob about Hali's quickness.....awww, the memories.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Brings back memories of a classic exchange between Kaylore and Bob about Hali's quickness.....awww, the memories.

You got a link to that? I remember when it happened but I can't find it anywhere.

Man-Goblin
10-27-2006, 02:33 PM
You got a link to that? I remember when it happened but I can't find it anywhere.

I think it starts here...not really sure how to link to it...but very entertaining stuff.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=1120066&highlight=hali#post1120066

10-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Yep. Kaylore was wrong. Again. Hali is very quick, and he's shown it all year.

10-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Feel free to find something that is a good gauge of football knowledge. We've ruled out fantasy football (stat based, which you would love) and pick em leagues.

YOU ruled them out. There is virtually NOTHING ELSE to use.

What I suggest is that we each pick five separate games each week from here on out until the end of the regular season.

10-27-2006, 03:11 PM
OK Bob, why don't you go back and read the scouting reports. You'll be hard pressed to find a single one that claims Hali is a speed rusher. Don't confuse being a high motor player with being a speed rusher.

He's not a power rusher. You're incredibly dumb. But then...we already know that. Just look at this thread.

Steve Sewell
10-27-2006, 03:18 PM
YOU ruled them out. There is virtually NOTHING ELSE to use.

What I suggest is that we each pick five separate games each week from here on out until the end of the regular season.

Bob, your lack of football knowledge is indisputable based off of your body of work here on the OM. There doesn't need to be a competition because you've already lost over 15,000 times...

10-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Bob, your lack of football knowledge is indisputable based off of your body of work here on the OM.

Not even close. I missed on a few predictions, sure. That doesn't mean my understanding of football is limited to statistics. I know what a corner blitz is. I know how to watch a game without watching the ball. I know a mismatch when I see one. I understand route combinations.

I'm sick and ****ing tired of this retarded diatribe that I don't know anything about football. It's ****ing ignorant. I'm going to go start a thread titled "CHAMP BAILEY...THE REAL DEAL, OR NOT."

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 04:25 PM
He's not a power rusher. You're incredibly dumb. But then...we already know that. Just look at this thread.

Here you go demonstrating that you know virtually nothing about football. Quickness does not equal speed, there is a big difference and anyone who has actually played the game would know that. Freeney is a speed rusher, Leonard Little is a speed rusher.

Keep digging Bob.

10-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Here you go demonstrating that you know virtually nothing about football.

How? All I said was that he was a quick guy. I know there's a difference. He's not a power rusher. Anyone who had watched him this year would know that.

I'd say you are the one that knows nothing.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 04:41 PM
How? All I said was that he was a quick guy. I know there's a difference. He's not a power rusher. Anyone who had watched him this year would know that.

I'd say you are the one that knows nothing.

You've been claiming Hali to be a speed rusher, which he is not. Quick? Yeah I'll give you that, he's quick, but his game is still about power and not about speed.

10-27-2006, 05:00 PM
You've been claiming Hali to be a speed rusher, which he is not. Quick? Yeah I'll give you that, he's quick, but his game is still about power and not about speed.

I didn't say he was a speed rusher. But he's closer to a speed rusher than he is a power rusher. His game is getting around the offensive tackle. End of story.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I didn't say he was a speed rusher.

Oh really?

So is Hali.

Hmmm, that's odd. Seems to me you just said Hali is a speed rusher.

10-27-2006, 08:29 PM
OK you got me, but you know what I mean. If you had to choose one of those labels, it would be speed.

So what's up with Larry Johnson? If he's not the real deal, what is he doing making Denver's defense his biatch year after year?

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 08:36 PM
OK you got me, but you know what I mean. If you had to choose one of those labels, it would be speed.

So what's up with Larry Johnson? If he's not the real deal, what is he doing making Denver's defense his biatch year after year?

In 2004 we flat out sucked in that game, it was all around pathetic. In 2005 we stuffed his ass at Mile High. In Arrowhead we shut him down for 3 quarters but he finally got yards in the 4th (now we go back to the being fresh issue). This year we did a pretty crappy job of tackling, but he still played well.

10-27-2006, 08:40 PM
So he's the real deal. Thanks.

THREAD OVER.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 08:51 PM
So he's the real deal. Thanks.

THREAD OVER.

7 career games vs the Broncos and only 3 can be considered good games? Sorry Bob, it's gonna take alot more than that to end this thread.

10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
Is he a good running back? Yes. Was 2005 a true representation of the player he is? Not in my opinion.

Sorry Bob, he's not the superstar you think he is.

Because six games means everything. The dude led the league in yards after contact. He's the real freakin' deal. Watch the Chargers game again. Or did you even watch it?

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Because six games means everything.

So what do you call only 3 good games in 7 against the Broncos.

10-27-2006, 08:58 PM
7 career games vs the Broncos and only 3 can be considered good games? Sorry Bob, it's gonna take alot more than that to end this thread.

7 career games? You're an idiot. He's only started three of them. And he raped your ass every single time.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 09:00 PM
7 career games? You're an idiot. He's only started three of them. And he raped your ass every single time.

So he wasn't even good enough to get on the field? Gotcha.

10-27-2006, 09:03 PM
So he wasn't even good enough to get on the field? Gotcha.

*sigh*

Again, you're an idiot.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 09:07 PM
*sigh*

Again, you're an idiot.

Interesting tidbit. 2006 is the first time that LJ has earned the starting job outright. Previously, it took Priest Holmes getting injured for LJ to get playing time.

10-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Interesting tidbit. 2006 is the first time that LJ has earned the starting job outright. Previously, it took Priest Holmes getting injured for LJ to get playing time.

LOL

You've uncovered the truth! It's clear that Larry just isn't the running back we thought he was last year, based on the year before. And the year before that!

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 09:21 PM
LOL

You've uncovered the truth! It's clear that Larry just isn't the running back we thought he was last year, based on the year before. And the year before that!

Glad you agree. It's amazing how pedestrian LJ has looked as the full time starter so far. How about that pitiful sideline display in the 49er game? Talk about a weak personality. If I played against LJ, I'd be in his ear after every play talking giving him the 3rd degree. You gotta figure if he was having a bad game, he'd be in meltdown mode by the 4th quarter. ROFL!

10-27-2006, 09:45 PM
It's amazing how pedestrian LJ has looked as the full time starter so far. L!

Look at this guy. He sucks.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7612/johnson11ydtdrunch8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Look at this guy. He sucks.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7612/johnson11ydtdrunch8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I fail to see why you would be impressed with that. The first tackle was extremely poor as the defender basically fell at LJ's feet, then LJ ran into and knocked over a cornerback who was just coming untangled from that block.

That play was all poor fundementals by that Chargers defender, rather than some great play buy LJ.

10-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Try this one on for size. I can't wait to hear your excuse.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3788/johnsonbreakstacklesfortd2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Try this one on for size. I can't wait to hear your excuse.

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/3788/johnsonbreakstacklesfortd2.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Attempted tackle #1) Did not wrap up his legs

#2) Tried to tackle LJ high and did not wrap up, you can't do that.

Again, this is basic fundamental stuff here...but keep in mind I've actually played the game and know what proper tackling technique is.

10-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I hear every good play Larry ever made was the result of poor fundamentals by the defenders.

By the way, good players have a habit of forcing other players to break down fundamentally. Funny thing, that.

10-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I'm guessing neither of those guys would have brought down Tatum Bell. DAMN! Why can't he get some defenders like those guys? LJ gets all the breaks.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 10:19 PM
I hear every good play Larry ever made was the result of poor fundamentals by the defenders.

Not true, I've seen LJ make several good runs.

By the way, good players have a habit of forcing other players to break down fundamentally. Funny thing, that.

How would you know? You've never played the game. Either way, it wouldn't apply to that particular run, as LJ simply spun away from a defender trying to push him back rather than make a solid tackle.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 10:20 PM
I'm guessing neither of those guys would have brought down Tatum Bell. DAMN! Why can't he get some defenders like those guys? LJ gets all the breaks.

What does Tatum have to do with this, other than you thinking it will give you some validation.

10-27-2006, 10:30 PM
How would you know? You've never played the game. .

This is such an idiotic line of reasoning. I have friends who played high-school football. They don't know JACK SHIAT about the NFL compared to yours truly. You think you have to have played the sport to know what a fundamental tackle looks like? It's not ****ing rocket science.

Kaylore
10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4180/manginaub3.jpg

10-27-2006, 10:34 PM
That stings. Thank god for adblock.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 10:42 PM
This is such an idiotic line of reasoning. I have friends who played high-school football. They don't know JACK SHIAT about the NFL compared to yours truly. You think you have to have played the sport to know what a fundamental tackle looks like? It's not ****ing rocket science.

You didn't pay attention to my response. You said that good players have a way of making others break down fundamentally. I say you don't have a freaking clue about it because you've never played the game. In all my years of playing, never once did I feel that someone "made" me breakdown fundamentally. If I took a wrong angle or let someone juke me, it was because I f**ked up, not because of something special they did.

10-27-2006, 10:44 PM
You said that good players have a way of making others break down fundamentally. I say you don't have a freaking clue about it because you've never played the game.

Heh, OK. You're wrong, but OK. It happens every Sunday. I see it every week. Your boy Lenny Walls screwed up trying to tackle LaDainian Tomlinson this week. It was comical to watch. That guy is a horrible tackler, god.

Florida_Bronco
10-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Heh, OK. You're wrong, but OK. It happens every Sunday. I see it every week. Your boy Lenny Walls screwed up trying to tackle LaDainian Tomlinson this week. It was comical to watch. That guy is a horrible tackler, god.

Ahem...Lenny Walls is YOUR boy now, not mine. And for the record, Lenny Walls is not a fundamentally sound tackler, never has been and probably never will be. Tackling as a whole has really been on the decline lately in the NFL.

Kaylore
10-27-2006, 11:14 PM
I did notice Law give up a huge PI penalty to put the Boltz into scoring range. It has begun. :giggle:

10-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I did notice Law give up a huge PI penalty to put the Boltz into scoring range. It has begun. :giggle:

Yeah, nevermind that it was a bad call. I'm sure that was the crack in the dam and it's about to gush.

Kaylore
10-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, nevermind that it was a bad call.
Of course it was, Bob. Of course it was. Now go play with your action figures.

Steve Sewell
10-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Of course it was, Bob. Of course it was. Now go play with your action figures.

No penalty called against the Chiefs is ever legitimate. Jeez Kaylore...didn't you know that their is an NFL conpiracy against the Chiefs and that the Broncos are the A#1 FAV of the commissioners office? Duh!

10-28-2006, 12:21 AM
It was an uncatchable ball. Everyone knew it but the ref.

boltaneer
10-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah, nevermind that it was a bad call. I'm sure that was the crack in the dam and it's about to gush.

That was a bit of an iffy call because the ball was overthrown by a good amount but the fact of the matter remains, that he made contact with McCardell while the ball was in the air and that's why it was PI. (On a side note, I hate the uncatachable rule. A penalty is a penalty, regardless if the ball was uncatchable or not, just like if you commit an illegal hands to the fact foul on the opposite side of where the ball is in play. It's going to get called.)

He did not get flagged in the first half, on a mugging of Eric Parker near the end zone. He was extremely lucky to not get flagged for that IMO.

Ty Law has mugged receivers for the majority of his career. Peyton Manning and the Colts whining about what Law and the Patriots DBs did to them in the playoffs worked and the illegal contact point of emphasis returned.

Law still gets away with too much of it though. Do some referees think that 'illegal contact' is granfathered to older CBs?

Steve Sewell
10-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I have friends who played high-school football. They don't know JACK SHIAT about the NFL compared to yours truly.

ROFL! Hilarious! ROFL! Hilarious!

Bob, are you seriously this stupid? C'mon, do you expect anyone to lend credibility to you based on a statement like this?

This is akin to someone going on a message board and claiming they are a billionaire with a huge dick that sleeps with 10 models a day. Just because they say it doesn't make it true.

The REALITY is that you've proven, time and again, that you're football knowledge is limited to your homeristic delusions AND the statistics that support them. When people expose you for your lack of perspective and knowledge, you come up with a statement like the one above when you have nowhere else to go. It's pathetic and almost painful to watch, but you insist on continuing to make a fool of yourself so I have no sympathy for you.

Steve Sewell
10-28-2006, 12:31 AM
It was an uncatchable ball. Everyone knew it but the ref.

It was uncatchable because the WR was impeded by law from getting to the spot. At the very least it would have been illegal contact and an automatic first down.

10-28-2006, 12:35 AM
It was uncatchable because the WR was impeded by law from getting to the spot. At the very least it would have been illegal contact and an automatic first down.

The ball was thrown OUT OF BOUNDS IN THE BACK OF THE END ZONE.

But yeah, should have been illegal contact. The NFL is getting lax about that again.

boltaneer
10-28-2006, 12:45 AM

But yeah, should have been illegal contact. The NFL is getting lax about that again.

If a WR holds a CB on a run play that goes on the opposite side of the field they are on, why do they still call the hold?

Because an infraction is an infraction.

I agree with the poster above, at the very LEAST, it should have been an illegal contact penalty, but pass interference was more appropriate since it took place while the ball was in flight.

boltaneer
10-28-2006, 12:50 AM
Adopt-a-Bronco:

J. Cutler's ass

Woah. TMI there, dude.

http://www.mediag.net/nwimages/artists/1503.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong with that......

Steve Sewell
10-28-2006, 12:52 AM

Bob, can you or anyone say with absolute certainty that if the receivers route weren't impeded by Law that the ball would have been uncatchable? Also, the ball was in the air at the time of contact...so not illegal contact, but pass interference. You claim to know so much about football, yet you don't seem to understand the rules...hmmm.

Florida_Bronco
10-28-2006, 08:11 AM
This thread has turned into pure gold. LOL

10-28-2006, 11:28 AM
This thread has turned into pure gold. LOL

It was fool's gold from the beginning. All thanks to you!

ScottXray
10-28-2006, 11:33 AM
THIS, TOO, MUST DIE!

It's Colts week!:welcome:

Florida_Bronco
10-28-2006, 07:00 PM
It was fool's gold from the beginning. All thanks to you!

If you call LJ being 11th in the NFL in rushing being a superstar, that's on you.

10-28-2006, 08:00 PM
If you call LJ being 11th in the NFL in rushing being a superstar, that's on you.

LJ's a superstar. There's no way around it. He makes special plays week in and week out (unless he's in Pittsburgh).

Florida_Bronco
10-28-2006, 10:31 PM
LJ's a superstar. There's no way around it. He makes special plays week in and week out (unless he's in Pittsburgh).

Then how come he's not even in the top 1/3 of the NFL in rushing?

Kaylore
10-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Then how come he's not even in the top 1/3 of the NFL in rushing?

Bob likes to use "total yardage" to try and polish those lackluster numbers, most of which came on two plays, by the way.

Florida_Bronco
10-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Bob likes to use "total yardage" to try and polish those lackluster numbers, most of which came on two plays, by the way.

Exactly. I don't remember him crowing about Johnson's receiving yardage last year, but now he needs it to make Johnson seem superior so all of the sudden it's an important stat.

10-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Exactly. I don't remember him crowing about Johnson's receiving yardage last year, but now he needs it to make Johnson seem superior so all of the sudden it's an important stat.

LOL

This is ridiculous. Let's just toss out some of Larry's best plays this year.

crazyhorse
10-29-2006, 09:13 AM

If Johnson wasn't an elite back, why did the Broncos "sell out" to stop him?

With defenses "selling out" to stop the run, the Chiefs have tried to get him the ball with short passes. The point is, reguardless how you try to stop him, he still finds a way to move the ball.

I still expect LJ to get his yards by the end of the season. He probably wont get 2000, but then I never expected him to. However, he stand a fair shot at 2000 total yards.

I really dont know how a Bronco fan can argue LJ not being elite. It was not the Oline that netted him 140 yards last time in Arrowhead. The Broncos withstood the pounding of LJ for 3 quarters for 50 or so yards. The in the 4, they quit trying to tackle LJ. Their collective backs broke.

He wasn't running through big, open holes all day. He was pounding your defense. In the 4th LJ won the battle to the tune of 90 yards.

With due respect FLA. you've not been right about LJ. With a backup QB he is still one of the most feared backs in the league. The way defenses have attacked KC is an indicator that the rest of the opposing coaches this season (including Shanny) also strongly disagree with you.

10-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Where is Florida Dumbass now? Larry is dominating the Seahawks like the elite back he is. 120 total yards, 2 TDs in ONE HALF.

Bronx33
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM
up by six bobo lots of football to be played and i looks like the blue bonnet secondary is coming through again.

BLAZE
10-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm officially converted to believing that Larry Johnson is a great back.

10-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Hahaha! This is great. Larry is dominating one of the league's top run defenses for the second year in a row. 157 total yards, 3 TD in TWO AND A HALF QUARTERS.

SUCK IT.

BLAZE
10-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Hahaha! This is great. Larry is dominating one of the league's top run defenses for the second year in a row. 157 total yards, 3 TD in TWO AND A HALF QUARTERS.

SUCK IT.

The Rams may end up winning that division. Seattle is garbage now.

10-29-2006, 02:12 PM
170 total yards, 4 TDs.

SUCK IT.

Northman
10-29-2006, 02:14 PM
He did well for my FF team today. Too bad they had to actually win though.

2KBack
10-29-2006, 02:15 PM
170 total yards, 4 TDs.

SUCK IT.

4 yards per touch, that's pretty average, he just had 42 touches to pad the stats.

10-29-2006, 02:18 PM
4 yards per touch, that's pretty average, he just had 42 touches to pad the stats.

LMAO...ok, whatever.

ScotchTanShan
10-29-2006, 02:37 PM
Whatever, Tatum is clearly a better back... keep f'kn doubtin' him!

Northman
10-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Yes!

10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
OK, let's review.

Larry Johnson against the #5 run defense: 132 yards, 2 TD

Larry Johnson against the #8 run defense: 155 yards, 3 TD

Yep. He's just average.

10-29-2006, 04:16 PM
Larry is now on pace for 2,224 total yards and 23 touchdowns. WOW! That would be one of the greatest seasons of all time. Even the great Priest Holmes only had one season that was better.

WakeUpCall
10-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I'll tell ya Bob, there isn't a thing in here to suggest that LJ is any sort of "special" back. Had he been able to light up a legitimate run defense like he did against the crappy ones, then you might have an argument.

Argue what you want, but I stand by it. LJ is a good, but not great runnning back.

Doode, you're in Fla. (and have a dog of questionable gender persuasion); what makes you think you think you have a clue about AFC West football. That being said, you can have Priest (for cheap) if you want him. Let’s do this, we’ll trade you straight-up, Priest for a groundskeeper.. Deal?

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Huh? What does my location have to do with anything? Just for the record, I spent most of my life in Omaha, not too far from where your very own Chiefs play football. Oh and Bob lives in Texas after being born in Scotland (IIRC), so if location meant anything that wouldn't be a good argument to use. Oh yeah, and I don't have any pets, sorry. You must have me confused with someone else. ???

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 10:08 PM
OK, let's review.

Larry Johnson against the #5 run defense: 132 yards, 2 TD

Larry Johnson against the #8 run defense: 155 yards, 3 TD

Yep. He's just average.

Hmmm, that's odd, you didn't mention what his yards per carry was. Well heck, I'll do it for you.

4.7 and 4.0 yards per game, respectively.

10-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Hmmm, that's odd, you didn't mention what his yards per carry was. Well heck, I'll do it for you.

4.7 and 4.0 yards per game, respectively.

You're such a dumbass. If yards per carry is all you've got, Larry's going to be laughing all the way to the bank by the end of this thread. He's a total stud, and he proved it today. He was making guys miss and running over 'em all day long.

FOUR TOUCHDOWNS. SUCK IT.

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 10:18 PM
You're such a dumbass. If yards per carry is all you've got, Larry's going to be laughing all the way to the bank by the end of this thread. He's a total stud, and he proved it today. He was making guys miss and running over 'em all day long.

FOUR TOUCHDOWNS. SUCK IT.

If he was making guys miss and running over them, why'd he only get 4 yards a carry today? ???

kmartin575
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
If he was making guys miss and running over them, why'd he only get 4 yards a carry today? ???

Believe it or not, 4.0 yards a carry is not bad at all.

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM

I didn't say it was bad, but it's not great but any stretch of the imagination.

Killericon
10-29-2006, 10:34 PM

As much as I'd like for you to be right, you're not.

For a guy who likes to criticize Bob for using stats to keep himself warm at night, you're clinging onto that YPC stat like a fat kid to his last cupcake.

SoCalBronco
10-29-2006, 10:36 PM

Actually, its not that good. It's mediocre, very mediocre. In fact, below average.

If you look at the average per carry of the top 32 nfl running backs (in that category), you will find that Corey Dillon, who is the only back averaging exactly 4.0 ranks a dismal 25th in yards per carry.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=rush&sort=avg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2006

10-29-2006, 10:40 PM
If only we had Tatum Bell....I drool over his 4.7 yards per carry. DAMMIT CARL!

SoCalBronco
10-29-2006, 10:44 PM
If only we had Tatum Bell....I drool over his 4.7 yards per carry. DAMMIT CARL!

I'm not saying YPC defines everything, in fact, it is just one of many factors (good example with tatum), but I was simply responding to the point your fellow Chief fan made in the abstract, since 4.0 is not a very good average.

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
As much as I'd like for you to be right, you're not.

For a guy who likes to criticize Bob for using stats to keep himself warm at night, you're clinging onto that YPC stat like a fat kid to his last cupcake.

YPC is a pretty good measure of how effective a running back is performing. In this case Bob went and posted yardage and touchdown totals, when the YPC is not that great. Now if you give a running back the ball 40 times in a game, he's gonna gain yards of course.

It's not so much the stat itself as it is Bob selectively picking them to fit his argument.

10-29-2006, 10:58 PM
So basically....there's about ten billion stats that say Larry Johnson ****ing rules...and one that says he doesn't.

Florida_Bronco
10-29-2006, 11:06 PM
So basically....there's about ten billion stats that say Larry Johnson ****ing rules...and one that says he doesn't.

I think I pretty much explained this is post #439. If you give a running back the ball 40 times a game, he's gonna get a good amount of rushing yards. Looking at YPC is a pretty good gauge for determining how a back plays.

10-29-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't think you realize how retarded this thread is becoming. The dude is on pace to have an ALL-TIME GREAT SEASON.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 12:05 AM
LJ is getting it going again.

I don't know how many yards he is going to have. I don't know what is YPC is going to be...and thats just fine with me. Larry moves the chains...

We had our glory hound back. Priest Holmes got allll the numbers, rah rah rah. Thats what he wanted...records and fantasy points.

Johnson wants to win. Sometimes it is by running the ball and sometimes it is by catching the ball. But the ball goes down the field because of him putting our team in a position to win.

For all the people that get slammed for just stats and not looking at a football game's ebb and flow this thread is funny.

Sarcastro
10-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Somebody should ask the Seahawks if they think LJ's 181 yard and four TD performance was mediocre.

KCGridironBeast
10-30-2006, 01:06 AM
What the stats didn't show today is that when several different Chiefs tried to give Seattle the game by making absolutely inexplicable boneheaded plays, it was Larry Johnson that got the team back on track and on the road to victory.

10-30-2006, 02:40 AM
Here's some more nuggets of joy:

Larry is now the third-ranked rusher in the NFL

Larry now leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage

crazyhorse
10-30-2006, 03:29 AM
YPC is a pretty good measure of how effective a running back is performing. In this case Bob went and posted yardage and touchdown totals, when the YPC is not that great. Now if you give a running back the ball 40 times in a game, he's gonna gain yards of course.

It's not so much the stat itself as it is Bob selectively picking them to fit his argument.

Perhaps his YPC would have been higher had the end zone not stopped his forward progress.:strong:

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 05:53 AM
Here's some more nuggets of joy:

Larry is now the third-ranked rusher in the NFL

Larry now leads the NFL in yards from scrimmage

So you're "superstar" just finally broke into the top 1/3 of the NFL in rushing?

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 11:14 AM
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6855098742599599583&hl=en" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

Iowanian
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Flo_Donk is residing at a florida brain trama assisted living complex?

Thats top 3 of 32...and LEADING the league in yards from scrimmage.

The LJ train is rolling.

Smiling Assassin27
10-30-2006, 11:25 AM
Lifetime Bronco fan. I'd take LJ over any RB we've had here since TD any day and twice on Sundays. But it also goes to show that one guy can't win a game in the NFL--just look at the Chiefs record--'cept Peyton Mannning, of course.

10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
<embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" align="middle" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6855098742599599583&hl=en" quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" scale="noScale" salign="TL" FlashVars="playerMode=embedded"> </embed>

That is such a great play. Shows his vision, patience, and incredible acceleration for a 230-pounder. What a stud.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 12:49 PM
That is such a great play. Shows his vision, patience, and incredible acceleration for a 230-pounder. What a stud.

Yep, that was a very good run on his part, I'll agree there.

Am I the only one who thinks Flo_Donk is residing at a florida brain trama assisted living complex?

Thats top 3 of 32...and LEADING the league in yards from scrimmage.

The LJ train is rolling.

2nd most carries in the NFL and only 3.7 yards a carry.

I'll tell you what Iowanian, you go look up the starting NFL running backs and you see where LJ's YPC puts him compared to the rest. Hint...it's not very good.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 12:56 PM
I will let FB dig through his stats and criticize others for seeing football games only on paper.

I will personally keep enjoying watching Larry move the chains running and catching the ball putting this team's in positions to win games.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
I will let FB dig through his stats and criticize others for seeing football games only on paper.

I will personally keep enjoying watching Larry move the chains running and catching the ball putting this team's in positions to win games.

I'm still looking for the individual numbers, but this doesn't seem to be a very good argument, Zach. Kansas City is ranked 17th with 40 rushing first downs, 34 of them are LJ's.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm still looking for the individual numbers, but this doesn't seem to be a very good argument, Zach. Kansas City is ranked 17th with 40 rushing first downs, 34 of them are LJ's.

Surely you find it funny that you are playing this game after all the criticism of others who you feel have their heads in stats and not the context of the real game.

Go ahead and admit you are a hypocrite...then we can get that out of the way and move on with the football talk.

10-30-2006, 01:36 PM
All you have to do is watch the guy...he's the real deal. **** the stats.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Surely you find it funny that you are playing this game after all the criticism of others who you feel have their heads in stats and not the context of the real game.

Go ahead and admit you are a hypocrite...then we can get that out of the way and move on with the football talk.

You're really reaching here. You mentioned that you would continue to enjoy LJ moving the chains, while as a whole KC's rushing FDs are 17th in the league. His yards per carry is also medicore compared to other starting running backs. I'd like to see a list of RBs ranked by first down carries, but so far I've only found team rankings.

If you want to get into a discussion about the merit of stats, I think most people would agree that running backs are one of the few positions where stats are fairly accurate representations of how they play. There isn't a whole lot else that plays into a running backs stats versus say a CB, where you have to figure in pass rush, who plays on the other corner and so forth.

10-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I think most people would agree that running backs are one of the few positions where stats are fairly accurate representations of how they play.

Marcus Allen's career YPC was 4.1

Try again.

10-30-2006, 02:14 PM
I'm interested to know who Florida Bronco thinks could also lead the league in yards from scrimmage in the KC offense...throw out a few names, buddy.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
You're really reaching here. You mentioned that you would continue to enjoy LJ moving the chains, while as a whole KC's rushing FDs are 17th in the league. His yards per carry is also medicore compared to other starting running backs. I'd like to see a list of RBs ranked by first down carries, but so far I've only found team rankings.

If you want to get into a discussion about the merit of stats, I think most people would agree that running backs are one of the few positions where stats are fairly accurate representations of how they play. There isn't a whole lot else that plays into a running backs stats versus say a CB, where you have to figure in pass rush, who plays on the other corner and so forth.

Again in you have your head in the stats and not in the game. The same thing you criticize others for.

Aside from that I was wondering if you knew that a RB could move the chains without rushing the ball.

10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Steve Mariucci, and I QUOTE:

"He's the real deal."

azbroncfan
10-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Steve Mariucci, and I QUOTE:

"He's the real deal."

I've said that, why don't you go wack off to his fathead poster or tell the mulletheads over at queefs planet because most of us could care less about your selective queef stats.

10-30-2006, 05:26 PM
I've said that, why don't you go wack off to his fathead poster or tell the mulletheads over at queefs planet because most of us could care less about your selective queef stats.

Selective?

The only one cherry picking stats is Florida Bronco.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Again in you have your head in the stats and not in the game. The same thing you criticize others for.

Aside from that I was wondering if you knew that a RB could move the chains without rushing the ball.

Again, you're reaching and pretty much missing the point here. I'm not saying LJ has been terrible or anything like that, but he definetly hasn't been playing like the superstar everyone thought he was after last year. Look at how big of a difference there is in his YPC from last year when he started and this year. 3.7 yards a carry vs. whatever it was from last year. I'd like to hear how you would explain that.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Again, you're reaching and pretty much missing the point here. I'm not saying LJ has been terrible or anything like that, but he definetly hasn't been playing like the superstar everyone thought he was after last year. Look at how big of a difference there is in his YPC from last year when he started and this year. 3.7 yards a carry vs. whatever it was from last year. I'd like to hear how you would explain that.

You know a RB can get a 1st down by not running the ball. Right?

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 05:53 PM
You know a RB can get a 1st down by not running the ball. Right?

Of course, and who ever said anything about his receiving ability? You won't hear me argue that he's not a very productive receiver out of the backfield.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Of course, and who ever said anything about his receiving ability? You won't hear me argue that he's not a very productive receiver out of the backfield.

Great, while you are being a complete hypocrite pouring over ypc stats I will enjoy Johnson moving the chains knowing (please reply with our rushing FD numbers to show your lack of understanding ROFL! ) what a good complete football player he is and all he does to put this team in a position to win.

You know....real football...

But lets play stats. If you want to act blind to the 329 yards...27 catches and two TDs Johnson has had in all this talk about his ability then be my guest. If you want to be internet stats boy and stick your head in the sand those plays that have provided 4 20+ yardage plays and 1 40+ play then be my guest.

Your credibility misses you. I am glad I don't have to discount whole phases of a football game to make my points clear.

ScotchTanShan
10-30-2006, 06:02 PM
This is a GD joke right, like this thread started on April 1st as a joke or something. LJ is 12 yards behind LT for tops in the AFC in rushing... JOKE JOKE JOKE. The guy has lost his starting a probowl LT and FB & QB and his RT from last season and had Defenses stacking the box- of course, unless you're a complete f()cking moron you're going to start screening to him and dumping off passes to get him free- but of course, dumbchit statboys want to look at #'s- which even then don't even fully support your argument and you choose to subjectively look at the ones that prove your strawman argument! You are a complete idiot, I award you no points & we are all dumber for having to listen to that. Watch a game and you'd see its pretty obvious that the guy is a special back that is unlike any other player at his position. You don't get guys that can bruise like the bus with 4.3 speed that has learned to setup blocks and be patient from Priest and the ability to make that 1 move to make a defender miss in the 2nd level like J.Brown, T.Davis or E.George. Yeah, no one's saying the guys is a HOF 'r at this point, but if he strings along a couple more years like last year and what he's done so far then yeah, we're talking elite. Jim Brown retired at 29, Campbell was pretty much done at 29 and stuck around w/ NO but not nearly as effective. Backs like these clearly have a short life and what they do should be appreciated. TD wasn't exactly the same, but similiar and its clear that he broke down but was jaw dropping when he was in his prime. Then you have aszfingers like you on the internet who clearly are so dense to even appreciate the new players and what amazing things they are doing simply b/c they don't strap up for the Orange and Blue.

Excuse me while I go jump in my time machine to 1996 and start a thread that John Elway is a joke and a giant choker. (Which I actually don't agree with, and as a Chief's fan it pains me to say, he is probably the greatest NFL player to this point, and the only guy I've seen that can carry a team like that these days is Peyton, even though they have very different styles)

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Great, while you are being a complete hypocrite pouring over ypc stats I will enjoy Johnson moving the chains knowing (please reply with our rushing FD numbers to show your lack of understanding ROFL! ) what a good complete football player he is and all he does to put this team in a position to win.

You know....real football...

But lets play stats. If you want to act blind to the 329 yards...27 catches and two TDs Johnson has had in all this talk about his ability then be my guest. If you want to be internet stats boy and stick your head in the sand those plays that have provided 4 20+ yardage plays and 1 40+ play then be my guest.

Your credibility misses you. I am glad I don't have to discount whole phases of a football game to make my points clear.

Again, who ever said anything negative about his receiving ability? I think my argument ever since this thread was started is based around his running, and I still don't hear a whole lot of defense for him. Ya know, I'll have to go back and check, but I don't recall you or Bob crowing about his receiving stats until now. Now that's not to take anything away from LJ, but it really illustrates how you pick the stats that fit your argument.

I still want to hear your defense of his running game this year. I want you to tell me how 3.7 yards a carry is all that great. Go ahead Zach, I have a feeling this should be good.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I have always talked up Larry Johnson as a player.

Maybe you can find my posts talking up Larry Johnson like this.

Boy I love having LJ on my team he really makes things happen*

* Except in cases where he is catching the ball out of the backfield

You are a joke man...you are trying too hard.

Your whole premise was that LJ isn't that special. People are laughing at you...and they are not all wearing red. It is pretty much anyone who watches football.

Again, I love it that when you look at the game of football my points are valid whereas you have to discount whole phases of the game and go through stats.

crazyhorse
10-30-2006, 06:34 PM
I want you to tell me how 3.7 yards a carry is all that great. Go ahead Zach, I have a feeling this should be good.

I told you. The end zone is skewing his stats. His YPC would be higher had it not been for the endzone.

10-30-2006, 06:38 PM
Who cares about yards per carry? When a back is LEADING THE ENTIRE MOTHER****ING LEAGUE IN YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE, you don't cherry pick yards per carry as proof that he isn't elite. God damn you are stupid, Florida.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I have always talked up Larry Johnson as a player.

Maybe you can find my posts talking up Larry Johnson like this.

Boy I love having LJ on my team he really makes things happen*

* Except in cases where he is catching the ball out of the backfield

You are a joke man...you are trying too hard.

Your whole premise was that LJ isn't that special. People are laughing at you...and they are not all wearing red. It is pretty much anyone who watches football.

Again, I love it that when you look at the game of football my points are valid whereas you have to discount whole phases of the game and go through stats.

So your defense of Larry's average rushing performance so far is...nothing?

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Who cares about yards per carry? When a back is LEADING THE ENTIRE MOTHER****ING LEAGUE IN YARDS FROM SCRIMMAGE, you don't cherry pick yards per carry as proof that he isn't elite. God damn you are stupid, Florida.

For someone who is bitching about Cherry picking stats, you sure left that out of your earlier post. Wonder why.

ZachKC
10-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I told you. The end zone is skewing his stats. His YPC would be higher had it not been for the endzone.

:rofl:

10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
For someone who is b****ing about Cherry picking stats, you sure left that out of your earlier post. Wonder why.

I'm not cherry picking stats. You are.

10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
So your defense of Larry's average rushing performance so far is...nothing?

Haha. This is great. Larry is third in the NFL in rushing yards and second in rushing touchdowns...but somehow he is average.

Let me guess...Tatum Bell is above average? Or, dare I say, en fuego?

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Haha. This is great. Larry is third in the NFL in rushing yards and second in rushing touchdowns...but somehow he is average.

Let me guess...Tatum Bell is above average? Or, dare I say, en fuego?

Why do you keep bringing T. Bell into this? We're talking about LJ.

And Bob...3.7 YPC is damn poor.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 07:22 PM
Bob I want you to consider something here. As we know, LJ gained 1750 rushing yards last year.

Do you know that for him to reach that same number at the pace he has been going, it would take him 473 carries to get there. Now you explain to me how that would be anything other than medicore.

10-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Why do you keep bringing T. Bell into this? We're talking about LJ.

And Bob...3.7 YPC is damn poor.

Clearly Bell's average is so superior to LJ's. He must be the superior back, according to your logic, right?

bill parcells
10-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Clearly Bell's average is so superior to LJ's. He must be the superior back, according to your logic, right?

Sorry dip****..I have to call you out on something..

GoChiefs/Bobwhateverhis****innameis compared the Huard/Green scenario this year to the Brady/Bledsoe scenario of 2001 on the planet last night and proceeded to get his ass raped by the entire board to the point of where if he took a **** today he probably did not feel it!!!

That is all!!!

bill parcells
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Just remember that Drew Bledsoe had racked up numbers for years in New England. He got that team to a Super Bowl, too.

Brady came in and played well for one season. They promptly dumped Bledsoe. History means jack ****.
Sorry bud..a lil payback for you doing the same to me:notworthy

10-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Awesome. Now I have a Donks fan stalking me on Chiefsplanet....and a Chiefs fan stalking me on the Orange Mane.

Iowanian
10-30-2006, 08:13 PM
I'll tell you what Iowanian, you go look up the starting NFL running backs and you see where LJ's YPC puts him compared to the rest. Hint...it's not very good.

I'll tell you what.....find another RB in the league, who in the offseason loses a HoF LT, starting RT, probowl FB....then loses his starting QB in week 1, and new fb, and has injuries to 2 of the new OTs.....has 2 piss poor games of production due to game circumstances(no team runs down by 3tds early like pitt).....and STILL leads the league in overall yards from scrimmage, and is the #3 rushing back.....after putting up over 100 yards in consecutive weeks to very solid runDs.

On the other hand...Taintum fumBell, whom you and others were pimping as better just days ago....in other threads on this very board, is now being called to be benched for a uRfa.

Chew on that cud for a minute to savor the flavor. Its horseweed you're eating, not fine alfalfa.

bill parcells
10-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Awesome. Now I have a Donks fan stalking me on Chiefsplanet....and a Chiefs fan stalking me on the Orange Mane.
:loser: tsk tsk :cuss:

You know I am not a Chiefs fan:-*

10-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah...a Jets fan...that makes it even more cooky.

Florida_Bronco
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM

Don't worry Bob, soon enough you'll be gone from here and won't have to worry about it. :~ohyah!:

ZachKC
10-31-2006, 01:42 PM
Johnson Named AFC Offensive Player of the Week
Oct 31, 2006, 2:25:57 PM

The National Football League informed the Chiefs on Tuesday that RB Larry Johnson has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for his performance against the Seattle Seahawks last Sunday. This is the fourth time in his career that he has been chosen for the award, claiming the honor three times last season after wins at Houston (11/20/05), vs. San Diego (12/24/05) and vs. Cincinnati (1/1/06). QB Joe Montana – who earned the award six times – is the only Chiefs player to own more Offensive Player of the Week honors than Johnson.

Johnson (6-1, 230) carried the ball a franchise-record 39 times for 155 yards (4.0 avg.) with three touchdowns as the Chiefs produced a thrilling 35-28 win vs. Seattle. He also added two catches for 26 yards (13.0 avg.) and a touchdown on the day, giving him a club-record 41 total touches from scrimmage. Johnson registered TD runs of three and two yards before bulling into the end zone from three yards out for the game-winning touchdown with just 1:58 left in the game. Johnson’s 24 points on four TDs tied for the second-highest single-game point and TD total in team history.

Johnson also posted his fourth 100-yard rushing game of the season, placing him third in the NFL with 644 rushing yards and eight TDs. The Penn State alum leads the NFL with 973 total yards from scrimmage and ranks second among non-kickers with 60 total points. Joh

10-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow! An award previously only given to elite players!

ZachKC
10-31-2006, 02:00 PM
Herm's presser today brought up an interesting point. He admitted what everyone knows...39 carries is way way too many carries and that got away from them but that situation was pretty unique because of time of posession.

Time of position was 42:15 to 14:45 in KC's favor.

Wow, you don't see that a whole lot.

Lev Vyvanse
10-31-2006, 02:19 PM
Time of position was 42:15 to 14:45 in KC's favor.

Wow, you don't see that a whole lot.

Yea, usually they finish the game.Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Mile High Mojoe
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Like most of you, I've been sitting here listen to the Chief blowhards claim that Larry Johnson is going to run wild this season, run for 2000 yards and all that jazz. I can't speak for the rest of you, but I just have never been that impressed with Larry Johnson. Sure he's a good running back, just something about him doesn't make me afraid of him. I thought I'd take a little initative and breakdown his 2005 performance by studying his performances and the opponets rush defense rankings. Please note that all rush defense rankings are based off of yards surrendered per game.

Lets begin...

Week 1 vs NY Jets: 9 carries 110 yards 2 touchdowns.
Defensive rank: 29th (137 yards per game.)

Week 2 vs. Raiders: 9 carries for 41 yards 1 touchdown.
Defensive rank: 25th (128 yards per game.)

Week 3 vs. Broncos: 8 carries for 13 yards and 1 fumble
Defensive rank: 2nd (85 yards per game.) Note: Larry Johnson cost his team a touchdown when he fumbled inside the Chiefs 20 yard line. Denver scored on the next play.

Week 4 vs. Eagles: 7 carries for 34 yards and 1 fumble
Defensive rank: 21st (118 yards per game)

Week 5 vs. Redskins: 13 carries for 53 yards
Defensive rank: 13th (105 yards per game)

Week 6 vs. Miami: 23 carries for 93 yards 1 touchdown
Defensive rank: 17th (111 yards per game)

Week 7 vs. Chargers: 6 carries for 55 yards
Defensive rank: 1st (84 yards per game) Note: 46 yards came on a single run

Week 8 vs. Raiders: 22 carries for 107 yards 2 touchdowns
Defensive rank: 25th (128 yards per game.)

Week 9 vs. Buffalo: 27 carries for 132 yards
Defensive rank: 31st (137 yards per game)

Week 10 vs. Texans: 36 carries for 211 yards 2 touchdowns
Defensive rank: 32nd (144 yards per game)

Week 11 vs. Patriots: 31 carries for 119 yards 1 touchdown and a fumble
Defensive rank: 8th (99 yards per game) Note: Only averaged 3.8 yards per carry.

Week 12 vs. Denver: 30 carries for 140 yards 2 touchdowns
Defensive rank: 2nd (85 yards per game.)

Week 13 vs. Dallas: 26 carries for 143 yards 3 touchdowns
Defensive rank: 15th (108 yards per game)

Week 14 vs. Giants: 31 carries for 167 yards 2 touchdowns
Defensive Rank: 12th (104 yards per game)

Week 15 vs. Chargers: 32 carries for 131 yards 1 touchdown and 1 fumble
Defensive rank: 1st (84 yards per game)

Week 16 vs. Bengals: 26 carries for 201 yards 3 touchdowns and 1 fumble
Defensive Rank: 20th (116 yards per game) Note: A throwaway game for the Bengals, with KC fighting for it's playoff lives.

So what conclusion can we draw from this? Well, lets look at some of the facts. The thing that sticks out the most is that Johnson rushed for 836 yards against teams ranked 20th or worse in rush defense, which accounts for 48% of his rushing yardage. Last year, Johnson faced a top 10 rush defense 5 times, rushing for over 100 yards 3 times, however it should be noted that in 2 of those games he rushed for only 3.8 and 4.1 ypc respectively. Now we've all heard the arguments he didn't get enough carries early on, to which I reply that if he had been effective, he would have gotten the carries. Johnson played well in 2004, and was NOT an unknown commodity.

Now I'm not saying he's not a good running back, and I'm not saying he won't have a good season, but I think the numbers show for themselves that Larry Johnson's numbers are skewed by games against poor rush defenses.

He is the real deal. If Johnson aviods injury he as the potential to break every record in the book. Since Edwards is a conservative Coach by nature it plays right into his hands. He's great and he'll be great for a long time.

Rohirrim
10-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Can we please send this thread to the Butt so the Cheffie trolls can't bump the thing every friggin day? What's the matter? Did the Planet break down again?

KCGridironBeast
10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
Florida Bronco is officially the most stubborn Broncos fan on this forum. Even when Chiefs and Broncos fans alike tell him that he is wrong, he continues to try to defend himself to the bitter end. You are truly a moron.

Billy Clyde Puckett
10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Can we please send this thread to the Butt so the Cheffie trolls can't bump the thing every friggin day? What's the matter? Did the Planet break down again?

How about we just transfer it over to the planet, so they can have their little circle jerk on their own carpet.

Sarcastro
10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Bob I want you to consider something here. As we know, LJ gained 1750 rushing yards last year.

Do you know that for him to reach that same number at the pace he has been going, it would take him 473 carries to get there. Now you explain to me how that would be anything other than medicore.

LJ will have over a 4 ypc average by the end of the regular season. Right now his ypc stats are skewed a little bit by back to back sub 2 ypc outings at Arizona and Pittsburgh, but by the end of the season it will even out.

Sarcastro
10-31-2006, 04:24 PM

You should be upset with Florida Bronco for staring the thread in the first place.

Northman
10-31-2006, 04:25 PM

Wont matter where you send it. He will just start up 10 more in its place.

Florida_Bronco
10-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Florida Bronco is officially the most stubborn Broncos fan on this forum. Even when Chiefs and Broncos fans alike tell him that he is wrong, he continues to try to defend himself to the bitter end. You are truly a moron.

I've had more than a few people agree with me, very knowledgeable people at that.