PDA

View Full Version : My Bronco's Basement in NJ

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Okay I'm gonna try to upload some pics of my basement. I have been collecting for about 16 years now(since I was 14) and have finally completed my basement. Most of my stuff is game worn or autographed. Guess you can say I am as nuts as Philly is with his basement. I would have loved to have some of you guys over for the draft this year but maybe next year.
Sorry about the horrible quality of the pics cause due to the file size limitation on the site I had to make the pics really small so you dont get the full effect but you'll get the idea. Give me about 20-25 minutes to upload each pic one by one.. There are 24 pics. Then let me know what you think after i'm done

Thanks guys

Joey

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 09:59 PM
in stairway is every Broncos starting lineup figure ever made(not pictured)

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:00 PM
Shannon Sharpe autographed jersey, bobby humphrey autographs, Griese game worn towel, jersey etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Cases: Tons of yearbooks, rookie cards, programs, etc etc autographs

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Shannon Sharpe game worn gloves, shoes etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Arcade room(Golden Axe, Punchout, NFl Blitz, Airhockey) leading into big part of basement

Raider Bill
05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
Where you at in Jersey?

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:04 PM
Broncos Bar custom made

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
side bar, beer dispenser

gotfredson
05-10-2006, 10:05 PM
sweet, i especially like the game worn gloves. Where do you guys get game worn stuff?

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Clinton Portis game worn helmets, Neil Smith game worn helmet, extra TV etc etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:07 PM
Mile High Stadium Seats

Man-Goblin
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Where you at in Jersey?

Don't tell him! he's gonna send the red mullet perm to whack you!

Anyways, cool basement man.

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Game worn wall

TD gloves, TD pants, Al Wilson shoes, Champ Bailey shoes etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:09 PM
my favorite item D game worn gloves with the TD on them.. took me years to get my hands on them

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:10 PM
TD Painting

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Terrell Davis Wall

Autographed jerseys, all rookie cards, game worn shoes etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Portis Wall part 1

yes make fun of me.. i love Portis.. game worn Hurricanes jerseys, autographed jerseys etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Portis Wall 2

Game worn shoes, gloves etc

Jori
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Awesome :notworthy

kamakazi_kal
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
that makes me want to cry im so happy :thumbs:

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Jersey wall

Game worns
Michael Dean Perry
Mecklenburg
Rod Smith
Romo
Romo Pants
McCaffrey Pants
Neil Smith
Al Wilson
Trevor Pryce
Atwater

Just autographed
Amigos
Elway(cant afford an Elway game worn)

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Jersey Wall Left

kamakazi_kal
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
ok now i almost hate you.....

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Jersey Wall Center

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Jersey Wall Right

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
65 inch TV on platform

Man-Goblin
05-10-2006, 10:24 PM
This is pretty sweet. Any syringes in Romo's pants?

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Left shelf has TD helmets, statue of TD made of 100% tin foil, Trevor Pryce game worn shoes etc etc

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
Shelf Right

Portis stuff, ELway stuff and actual draft phone they used on draft day the year they drafted Elam

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Neon light behind bar

PortisFanForever
05-10-2006, 10:29 PM
kinda an overall view

kamakazi_kal
05-10-2006, 10:31 PM
i do hate you .......

damn you got all the goods is the next thing your going to bring out, TD's old knee joints???

DarkHorse30
05-10-2006, 10:36 PM
Wow....quite a boatload. Props to the portisfan... best Bronco collection I've seen.

Mogulseeker
05-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Game worn wall

TD gloves, TD pants, Al Wilson shoes, Champ Bailey shoes etc

I think its scary that you have a pair of Terell Davis's pants.

Broncos Bar custom made

I see four bottles of Grey Goose... is that all you can handle?

watermock
05-10-2006, 10:58 PM
It's all meat.

BroncoFanDoug
05-10-2006, 11:04 PM
Unbelievable. Can't touch you. However, I have a (semi-illegal) 4 foot wide 8 foot high Elway -its the same one you see (or use to see - I don't know if it's still there) as the middle mural at the entrance of Dove Valley with him standing over Mile High. Don't ask how I came by it. I am out of town but I will try to post it sometime. It's pretty awesome toasting 8 feet of John Boy watching the games.

El Guapo
05-10-2006, 11:27 PM
wow, incredible.. almost overkill though.

how do you get a hold of game worn stuff? Id only be interested in a couple of items as I dont have a house..... yet.

Orange_Beard
05-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Man I miss TD.

7Elway7
05-11-2006, 12:18 AM
I would buy a ticket to visit your shrine.

JCMElway
05-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Damn. How much $ have you put into that basement???

ludo21
05-11-2006, 12:30 AM
wow!!!

incredible display man!!

much props!

If im ever in jersey id love to see ur place!!

Puts my 3 jerseys (replicas) and bronco flag to shame!!

Pick Six
05-11-2006, 04:18 AM
Between this and Phillybronconut's basement, there is some sweet stuff there...

Little44
05-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Brother, this is a sickness, AND I LIKE IT!! :notworthy

What do the regional Giants and Eagles fans think of your museum?

PortisFanForever
05-11-2006, 05:18 AM
I have kept a list and prob have about 48K down there in stuff. I have stopped the addiction though.. Got a 10 month old now and all extra money(if any) goes to him and saving for college fund etc. I'll stillbuy the occasional Mcfarlane and I get myself 1-2 jerseys to wear each year but no more going crazy for me.

As far as the autographs and game worn stuff yo have to be very careful cause there are so many fruds out there. I used to get alot of my autograph stuff from a guy who used to own a memorabilia shop in one of the malls in CO. He was real espectable. Actually the stuff all came with pics of the guys signing it and he actually got me on the field at mile high for the October 31st Vikes game many years back when Griese was QBing and thehn up to meet Vance Johnson and watch the secon half of the game in Vance's skybox.

Game worn stuff, I have 2 contacts in Denver. One guy knows alot of the players, which i verified cause his house was full of ics of him with so many players and pics of him getting the gme worn stuff. All his stuff came with field passes of when he was able to get on the field and get the stuff etc. Very nice guy who I still keep in touch with.

Other game worn guy is a guy I got to be freinds with who used to own a memorabilia store in Denver(Raiders fan actually, kinda ironic) but now he hs a parttime job as one of the cameramen who is on the field for home games. He wasable to get me on the field as well.

Advice: Be careful on ebay. I dont like to buy autographs from there.. That stuff could be any schmo who buy a pair of gloves from sports authority and then goes and rolls around in the mud and sells game worn gloves for $400.
If anyone really wants something let me know and ill ask my contacts for ya

OrangeShadow
05-11-2006, 06:12 AM
thats amazing man

broncsyanks
05-11-2006, 07:18 AM
dude that is amazing!! great job. i am in NY and i would love to come and check it out in person. i dont have much but i have some and i do appreciate those memories. where in jersey are you??

Traveler
05-11-2006, 08:23 AM
That collection is awesome!:thanku:

hades
05-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Have you seen a Dr. for this addiction?

Just kidding, man that looks awesome, fricken awesome.

OrangeShadow
05-11-2006, 08:35 AM
how the hell did you get your hands on the phone?

PortisFanForever
05-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Got the phone from an NFL auction.. they were auctioning off a few of the team phones from that years draft day. It came with a nfl certified list of all the guys the broncos took that weekend that year. Elam was the big name from that draft.

I'm in Parlin NJ but supposed to be moving to Marlboro NJ in the next few months. Next time you are in NJ, shoot me a line and you can stop by anytime. If not give me until Sept/Oct to set up my stuff in the new basement and I'll send ya an invite for one of the Broncos Monday night games to watch over the house.

Triumph sports has a huge football spectacular in NJ every year where tons of players come to. This year Champ Bailey was there. Great place to meet the guys and get some good stuff as well.

Meck77
05-11-2006, 09:04 AM
:notworthy Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics!

I'm making a mental note and adding you to the list of "greatest Broncos basements in America". You just joined the company of Philly and B-love!

bronco militia
05-11-2006, 09:16 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=15596&stc=1&d=1147321722

wtf is up with the zima sign?!?!?!

bwhahaha

that's got to be the best collection I've seen posted here....good stuff

BroncoFanCam
05-11-2006, 09:25 AM
I would like to offer my services as "house sitter" if you are ever in need of someone to keep an eye on your place while you are out of town... far, far out of town...

Far enough for me to load every last piece of that into a U-Haul, and cruise on back home.

I wouldn't be the teeniest, tiniest bit jealous would I?

(PS: That stuff is awesome! - Not so much a basement as a museum!) :thumbs:

Boobs McGee
05-11-2006, 09:34 AM
un-be-lievable.

Holy Crap man!!!!! Very very impressed, way to represent out in joisey. Round of applause and many pats on the back.

That Portis wall is iLL! And I especially like the setup around the big T.V.

PortisFanForever
05-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the nice comments.. Next time the Broncos play at the meadowlands, breakfast at my place before headin to the game

kamakazi_kal
05-11-2006, 07:07 PM
i would love to get my greedy fingers on a auto'd champ or cutler or walker or smith or wilson or williams or lynch or d.williams or nalen or foxworth or gold or brown jersey (in that order) how much do they go for?

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

12th man
05-11-2006, 07:09 PM
wow, just wow. That is the best basement ever. bar none. I want a basement like that. you have great nick nacks and the bar, and the big screen. that's exactly what I want. put my Bronco stuff in the basement, and put a bar with broncos logos and the colors all over it, with the stools, and big screen. that's exactly what I want to do. Oh, and I want a Bronco pool table too that I saw in the nfl catelog. The only problem is $.

You have an outstanding basement!

REB
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
Beautiful man!

atomicbloke
05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
This is simply the most amazing thing I have seen in my life as a Bronco Fan!!

Wow!!

I would pay to come to your basement to see all the stuff...

PortisFanForever
05-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks 12th man.. save a little at a time.. it doesnt happen over night but if you have a vision of what you want the basement to look like go with it.. the pool table you are talking about is sweet! i suck at pool so i would get one but that would look sweet in your basement.

Kamakazi: Autographed jerseys(not game worn) go in the 350-450 range depending on the player.. you figure the authentic jersey itself(not replicas) go for like $250 even at nflshop so depending on the player the autograph is about $100-$200 on top of that
I can ask my guy what jerseys he currently has if you want?
I am done buying myself but dont mind helping you guys find what you are looking for.

Talk to you guys later

SureShot
05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Neon light behind bar

My favorite is the Zima sign! :giggle:

PortisFanForever
05-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah.. I have taken much abuse over that Zima sign from my buddies as well..ROFL!

Tredici
05-13-2006, 11:36 AM
Thanks for sharing those pictures with us PFF. You're dedication deserves an official:

broncofan
05-13-2006, 04:19 PM
Great stuff. I've had the honor of seeing philly's basement in person, which blew me away (despite damage that had recently been done to it), and this one doesn't dissapoint either. Seeing things like this makes me wish I had the wherewithal to assemble such great stuff. Phenomenal.

youcandoit1687
05-13-2006, 04:38 PM
dude u should just make it a museum or shrine or something, that should be public, cept u live pretty far away from bronco country. so my idea for when i get rich is to just buy a house to be a broncos museum and ill pretty much but anything i can get my hands on. if it is blue and orange i will buy it. im going to do the same for LSU. any ideas on how to get that rich? my current collection is highlighted by an authentic romo auto'd. i also have an orange replica elway, authentic plummer. and replicas of ed mccaffrey, rod smith, TD, and one of those reverse color grieses. there is actually occasionally replica jerseys at like marshalls, tjmaxx, nordstroms rack, etc.

watermock
05-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Portisfan, in a decade when we have a few more Lombardi's on the shelf, that basement will be standing room only.

-Slap-
05-27-2006, 06:52 AM
Just wanted to bump PortisFanForever's awesome Bronco shrine.

Dukes
05-27-2006, 07:50 AM
I am in awe my friend! Simply unbelievable!!! I'd easily pay $20 to spend a couple hrs in your mini museum.

PortisFanForever
05-28-2006, 12:33 PM
You guys are welcome anytime you are in the area. I am moving to another town in a couple months so I'll have to get all the stuff re set up again.. might be another project by the time I repaint, sheetrock etc but hopefully new basement will look the same as this one in a years time.

Early invite to next years draft for anyone in NJ/NY area down the basement

kmartin575
05-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Wow, I'm a Chiefs fan but I can still say that I am very impressed. That is an awesome collection you have there.

Meck77
08-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Attention Broncos basement builders.

I came across a stash of Broncos stuff that may be of interest to some of you for your Broncos basements. Mile High recently swapped out the lower bowl padding that lined the field. I have to get exact measurements but they are about 3x5 feet/Broncos Blue. I think they would make a nice authentic Broncos touch in a basement, add a little Broncos color, add a little nostalgia to the walls. I'll post a pic later today. If enough people buy them maybe we can get a discount on a bulk purchase. Not sure how easily they would be to ship though.

They are selling them for just $20 bucks. Kinda cool

If you have some wild kids they would make great padding for your walls. These pads have taken hits from some of the biggest and the best of the NFL!:strong:

Kaylore
08-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Old thread is old.

Smilin Assassin
08-04-2012, 09:42 AM

I came across a stash of Broncos stuff that may be of interest to some of you for your Broncos basements. Mile High recently swapped out the lower bowl padding that lined the field. I have to get exact measurements but they are about 3x5 feet/Broncos Blue. I think they would make a nice authentic Broncos touch in a basement, add a little Broncos color, add a little nostalgia to the walls. I'll post a pic later today. If enough people buy them maybe we can get a discount on a bulk purchase. Not sure how easily they would be to ship though.

If you have some wild kids they would make great padding for your walls. These pads have taken hits from some of the biggest and the best of the NFL!:strong:

Gus Ferotte is down for several.

Layered.

maven
08-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Now this is a good old thread bump. Wow, that is one hell of a basement OP. That is a TON of game used items. Impressive.

maven
08-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Are these the field level wall pads that were ugly as ****? And lined other NFL stadiums? Anyway, for $20 bucks that's not a bad price.

oubronco
08-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Portisfan, in a decade when we have a few more Lombardi's on the shelf, that basement will be standing room only.

Too bad mock didn't get to experience the Manning era

missingnumber7
08-04-2012, 10:00 AM

That would be friggen sweet...let me know...we are just about done with our house.

maven
08-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Are these the field level wall pads that were ugly as ****? And lined other NFL stadiums? Anyway, for $20 bucks that's not a bad price.

Also to add, if I think they are what I think they are, aren't there logos/words on the pads. And it looks like some of it is orange too.

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/denver-invesco-field.jpg

UberBroncoMan
08-04-2012, 10:09 AM
...holy ****. I wonder what all of that is worth.

Meck77
08-04-2012, 10:35 AM

yes field level pad walls. I haven't inspected pile up close. Some are in better shape then others.

They came from Invesco/Aka Sports authority/Aka Mile High.

I'll try and get some pics up soon. They is a huge pile of them but you never know someone may come in an buy them all for another field/venue.

They are all blue but they may have another stash of them I didn't see.

Missing7. I'll get you some more info. I may just grab some better ones and stash some in my barn and you guys can grab them when you come to town. I like collecting old unique Broncos stuff anyway.

Fusionfrontman
08-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I might be curious... put up some pics. For 20 bucks that might be a cool addition to my mancave.

Fusionfrontman
08-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I remember this thread too. My collection has increased a lot over the year, I've got 7 signed jerseys. Any idea what he uses to frame them? Is that a glass wall or just multiple frames? Hard to tell in some of the pics.

orange skier
08-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I have a huge grin...... absolutely stunning...... stunning....leaves me somewhat speechless. please know that you deserve a lifetime sideline pass. Bowlen should give you the team. Well done Bronco fan, well done. The Bronco nation salutes you. Mile High Salutes.......stunning.

maven
08-04-2012, 05:13 PM
yes field level pad walls. I haven't inspected pile up close. Some are in better shape then others.

They came from Invesco/Aka Sports authority/Aka Mile High.

I'll try and get some pics up soon. They is a huge pile of them but you never know someone may come in an buy them all for another field/venue.

They are all blue but they may have another stash of them I didn't see.

Missing7. I'll get you some more info. I may just grab some better ones and stash some in my barn and you guys can grab them when you come to town. I like collecting old unique Broncos stuff anyway.

look for the stash with logos/writing on them.

Meck77
08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Will do Maven. I'll try and get out there monday for a closer look and pics. The logo ones would certainly have more nostalgia.

Did I mention they are all autographed by petyon manning, elway, and the rest of the ring of fame? *wink*

bpc
08-04-2012, 05:17 PM
Awesome job.

I miss watching TD run. Guy was amazing for us.

gunns
08-04-2012, 06:29 PM
that makes me want to cry im so happy :thumbs:

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking I want to be buried there when I die. Unbelievable.

I'd just get rid of the Michael Dean Perry jersey, but I'd feel like I was in heaven there.

missingnumber7
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
Meck, anything would be awesome. Just let me know, we will be down for the seachickens game and then the steelers game.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2012, 10:36 PM
Nice set up. Wish I had the money and time to set up my collection. I do have a Griese autographed towel from after the 49ers game in SF. Oddball item I have is the American Bowl framed poster from around 1985/87 I got from Jim Saccamono when he was publicity guy early on. Meet him at the coaches meeting for AFC West when I was a teenager. Lucky I was vacationing in San Diego at the time and got some cool stuff.

broncocalijohn
08-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I would like to offer my services as "house sitter" if you are ever in need of someone to keep an eye on your place while you are out of town... far, far out of town...

Far enough for me to load every last piece of that into a U-Haul, and cruise on back home.

I wouldn't be the teeniest, tiniest bit jealous would I?

(PS: That stuff is awesome! - Not so much a basement as a museum!) :thumbs:

Here is another poster that has died.

Meck,

Would that padding work good for walls in an indoor soccer arena?

Dutch
08-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Too bad mock didn't get to experience the Manning era

I was thinking the very same thing, OU.

cutthemdown
08-05-2012, 04:53 AM
That's a serious collection.

HorseHead
08-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Incredible basement...I am chubbin' right now..

Cheers to you sir! The last set of pictures that had me feeling like that inside involved Selma Hayek..

Meck77
08-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Here is another poster that has died.

Meck,

Would that padding work good for walls in an indoor soccer arena?

Don't see why not but not really sure what type of padding is used for indoor soccer.

These are about 4 inches thick or what is probably the length of bobs pecker.

backup qb
08-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Awesome room!

Bigdawg26
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
That is the MOST awesome room that I have ever seen!! OMG dude that is just so awesome I almost couldn't finish looking at it!

huh??
08-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Dude. You totally won.

Please tell me you have some kind of preservation system in place in the event of some catastrophe...

i4jelway7
08-06-2012, 05:49 AM
I'm jealous

Crushisback
08-06-2012, 06:28 AM
That's awesome. It's like watching some guy bang your wife but you just can't stop looking.

Kaylore
08-06-2012, 08:22 AM
That's awesome. It's like watching some guy bang your wife but you just can't stop looking.

I'm happy to say I have no idea what you're talking about.

Meck77
08-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Ok drug one back to the barn today. They are in various conditions but I cherry picked a nice one for my Broncos basement or maybe barn. Could use a little wash but other than that what the hell. Could even set 6 of these up at tailgates for a grudge match cage?

Well anyway if someone wants one drop me a pm and I'll give you the contact info on where to get one if you are interested. Old timers get preference. Sorry noobs.

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/7869/padx.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/545/padx.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

FireFly
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
FANTASTIC

vancejohnson82
08-20-2012, 08:50 PM
wait a second....would you ship one of them??

IA-Broncosfan53
08-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Amazing. I hope you didn't permanently stop collecting after your child was born!

Meck77
08-20-2012, 09:06 PM
wait a second....would you ship one of them??

I got to believe they weigh 25lbs-35lbs. Maybe more. They are backed with plywood and metal brackets on the top and bottom they hung on. The shipping alone has got to be worth more than I paid for one!

I'll have to go through the thread again and see how many people wanted one. I don't mind hoarding a few for you guys. I collect all sorts of random Broncos stuff. Some of my favorite stuff is the old chunks of mile high stadium I grabbed on the way out. We pulled that bastard apart the last game. lol

But to answer your question. I just don't have the time to be shipping chunks of the new mile high stadium around the country. I suppose I could ask the guy selling them if he would though. I'll put a call in.