PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 10:37 PM
We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

* I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

* The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

* Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

* Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

* Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday. :)

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 10:38 PM
PS. Are the Preds for real too? Man, they are coming out of the box with a full head of steam.

SoCalBronco
10-25-2005, 10:38 PM
We used to have one of these before and it was convenient, IMO.

Whew. I thought we were gonna tank again. This feels kind of like the end of the last season. Just couldn't get any winning rhythms going. Hopefully this will be the start of one for our boys.

* I still love to watch Blake hit. Man can he lay em on.

* The DOUBLE MINOR on Liles was BS. I can understand the whole responsible for your stick deal, so yeah he should have gotten the one, but a double?! Come on.

* Goalies are like bugs.....and a lot of players are using them as windshields. Will there be a rule change instituted because of it?

* Was anyone else expecting the Sens to be doing this well?

* Don't jump off the bridge yet, SoCal....the Pens will win one someday. :)

I would have rather been blown out than lose that way. We played probably our best game of the season only to blow it with 2 mins left. At least we got a point out of it. Crosby made some great plays.

Rock Chalk
10-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Forgot all about hockey. Avs doing OK? I heard they lost the core of their team or something. Not going to pretend to really know though.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 10:48 PM
HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.

Kid A
10-25-2005, 10:57 PM
HOLY CRAP!! Alec posted in a hockey thread and it didn't say "Die hockey, die."

They're struggling a bit. Although I must give kudos to our high scoring defensemen. It's all good, but I don't know if we're sacrificing defense for points at this point.

I'm not too worried yet. We always start slow. Our scoring has been impressive thus far. I think we have plenty of firepower with the top guys (sakic, tangs, Hejduk) younger guys (svatos) and defesemen (liles) playing well. Goaltending, however, look like it could be an adventure this year. This is an important homestand. Hopefully tonights game is the start of a winning streak.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:04 PM
Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Avs WIn!:woowoo:

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

The Entire Montreal Defense Corps
Games: 9
Goals: 1
Assists: 10

Patrice Brisebois
Goals: 5
Assists: 2

Living well is the best revenge.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:33 PM
Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:34 PM
Patrice Brisebois was absolutely hated by the fans in Montreal. They treated him like we Avs fans treated Martin Skoula. He was the whipping boy, the scapegoat, you name it. Habs fans were happy as clams to see him leave town when the Avs signed him. Now check this out.

Patrice Brisebois

Revenge is a dish best served cold.....or better yet, on ice. :D

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:35 PM
Aebi is looking a little better, IMO.

Ossi needs a spanking or something to keep him out of the damn penalty box. Seems like its always him in there.

One other thing, I'm not so sure I'm wild about the new rules. I don't like the fact that you have to hold your breath every time someone checks someone and wait to see if a penalty is called. Seems like the good hits of the old days are a no no now, and I think that part sucks.

I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:37 PM

Patrice Brisebois

Nice work CO, and yes brise is playing his best hockey in a long time and i also echoed that a change of coaches and getting away from the nad fans (who are really tough on player) would make all the difference for him (and it has)

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:37 PM
[/B]

I understand exactly how you feel it's like walking on hot coals for the fans, something i have been noticing is with the new rules and the refs trying so hard to enforce the new system, they tend to call stuff that didn't happen. Re:svatos holding penalty on pronger, if you watch it pronger is the one doing the holding and svatos gets called and that lead to the oils first goal BTW.Just a question on your thoughts did you think may charging penalty was legit? the guy had the puck and had just gotten rid of it. Was may finishing his check or did you think it was a penalty?

No I didn't think the May charging penalty was legit. There was another player right there and I think him being there and May coming in forced Pronger into him and made it look worse than it was. Finishing the check is now a bad thing anyway. Uhh

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Did anyone else notice how many times that dunce, McLeod called Brisebois, Bergeron? I swear that guy is a tard of the highest order.

That'd be a good drinking game. Take a shot everytime McLeod gets an Avs players name wrong. I've lost count of how many times he's got Laaksonen & Laperriere mixed up this season. He's also called Brisebois "Turgeon" a few times.

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:40 PM
No I didn't think the May charging penalty was legit. There was another player right there and I think him being there and May coming in forced Pronger into him and made it look worse than it was. Finishing the check is now a bad thing anyway. Uhh

I'am glad i'am not the only one lol and while on the ref subject they let 2 more goalie interference go unnoticed and one the guy was laying on bish with zero effort to get off him.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:41 PM
That'd be a good drinking game. Take a shot everytime McLeod gets an Avs players name wrong. I've lost count of how many times he's got Laaksonen & Laperriere mixed up this season. He's also called Brisebois "Turgeon" a few times.

Well you'd have to be drinking something light or you'd be so drunk by the end of the first period, you'd pass out and miss the rest of the game.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:43 PM
I'am glad i'am not the only one lol and while on the ref subject they let 2 more goalie interference go unnoticed and one the guy was laying on bish with zero effort to get off him.

Those damn refs. I'm still irked over the Liles double minor call. Thank God the Oilers screwed themselves out of most of the PP anyway.

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:44 PM

I swear to Christ I'm gonna lose it if they send Wolski back to Brampton and keep that idiot May on the roster. He's a useless turd.

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:45 PM
Those damn refs. I'm still irked over the Liles double minor call. Thank God the Oilers screwed themselves out of most of the PP anyway.

Gotta be in control of your stick at all times. My father told me that those were words to live by. :~ohyah!:

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:45 PM

They need to find a hockey person for the job doug cannot handle this and making us here in colorado look stupid,i don't understand why they couldn't find a better person for the job i'am guessing he's somebodies brother in law lol.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:46 PM
If they get rid of Boughner, we can keep Wolski though, right?

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:47 PM
Gotta be in control of your stick at all times. My father told me that those were words to live by. :~ohyah!:

Ha!

Yeah, I understand the one, but it didn't deserve the double.

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:49 PM
If they get rid of Boughner, we can keep Wolski though, right?

They can keep Wolski without getting rid of anyone. They just have to choose to keep him in the NHL as opposed to sending him to juniors.

The lines are coming together nicely.

Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Turgeon-Svatos
Konowalchuk-Laperriere-Laaksonen
Hinote-McLean-Brunette

I like the looks of that group just fine.

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Ha!

Yeah, I understand the one, but it didn't deserve the double.

The Oiler player was cut. It's an automatic 4 minute penalty.

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:51 PM

Ya i gotta say he was guilty on that one MT (he had a nice cut)

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:52 PM
I'd say Wolski has earned the right to stay on his own merit. Something silly about him, when they interviewed him tonight between periods, I was totally expecting a thick accent. I was expecting something along the lines of Hejduk's. Surprised me.

There's gotta be a really good nickname for the Wolski - Turg - Svatos line. Something about age and youth.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:53 PM
The Oiler player was cut. It's an automatic 4 minute penalty.

It's an automatic 4? I honestly didn't know that. I thought it was more of the ref's discretion. I feel like a tard.

Bronx33
10-25-2005, 11:53 PM
They can keep Wolski without getting rid of anyone. They just have to choose to keep him in the NHL as opposed to sending him to juniors.

The lines are coming together nicely.

Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk
Wolski-Turgeon-Svatos
Konowalchuk-Laperriere-Laaksonen
Hinote-McLean-Brunette

I like the looks of that group just fine.

We really missed hinote tonight wouldn't you say........

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
I'd say Wolski has earned the right to stay on his own merit. Something silly about him, when they interviewed him tonight between periods, I was totally expecting a thick accent. I was expecting something along the lines of Hejduk's. Surprised me.

There's gotta be a really good nickname for the Wolski - Turg - Svatos line. Something about age and youth.

Wolski was born in Poland but his family moved to Canada when he was just a little kid. That explains the lack of a heavy accent.

And yes, I'll work on a nickname for that line if Wolski stays with the Avs. Q has been pretty non-committal either way about it.

Mtbrncofn
10-25-2005, 11:55 PM
How much longer for Hinote?

Clockwork Orange
10-25-2005, 11:57 PM
We really missed hinote tonight wouldn't you say........

Hopefully his back gets better soon and May goes back to being a healthy scratch.

Bronx33
10-26-2005, 12:01 AM
How much longer for Hinote?

Back issues can be tricky plus i really have no idea i really haven't reseached it yet.

Clockwork Orange
10-26-2005, 12:03 AM
The Avs defensive zone coverage has left plenty to be desired, but they're sure chipping in on the offensive end. In 9 games the Avs defensemen have combined for 11 goals & 23 assists for 34 points. Not bad at all.

Bronx33
10-26-2005, 12:12 AM
The Avs defensive zone coverage has left plenty to be desired, but they're sure chipping in on the offensive end. In 9 games the Avs defensemen have combined for 11 goals & 23 assists for 34 points. Not bad at all.

We still have some wrinkles to smooth out but we got time........

Smiling Assassin27
10-26-2005, 11:17 AM
now if you could arrange to play Edmonton every single night!

Clockwork Orange
10-26-2005, 01:36 PM
now if you could arrange to play Edmonton every single night!

If only we could be in a division with powerhouses like St. Louis & Chicago so that we could play those heavyweights 8 times a year.

Jori
10-26-2005, 02:53 PM
If only we could be in a division with powerhouses like St. Louis & Chicago so that we could play those heavyweights 8 times a year.
Don't forget the "mighty" Columbus Blue Jackets.

I'm not going to knock how well Detroit has played, nor overlook how medicore the Avs season has started. Yet, the Red Wings are in a much more favorable position with only the Predators challenging for a division crown. The Northwest division is much more competitive.

Bronx33
10-26-2005, 03:10 PM
feder federov what do you guys know about him i haven't seen him play ever is he worth picking up in FHL?

Hercules Rockefeller
10-26-2005, 06:39 PM
http://64.200.64.106/news/news.asp?story_id=3520

Caps are suing Semin, his agent and agency to compel him to show up and play for the Caps.

Bronx33
10-26-2005, 06:58 PM
http://64.200.64.106/news/news.asp?story_id=3520

Caps are suing Semin, his agent and agency to compel him to show up and play for the Caps.

Cool news! i'am going to keep an eye out for him to come out on my FHL..

Boogerboots
10-27-2005, 02:11 PM

Patrice Brisebois

Well I can't say that Habs fans don't have a right to be pissed at him, especially after he said he got injured and then left on a charter to Paris instead of doing his rehab with the team. After the honeymoon is over, you'll start seeing the dark side of Breeze-by soon enough.

A few defensive mistakes were the original cause of the fans being down on Brisebois. But after that, the pack mentality set in, and minds were made up. No matter what he did, he was wrong.

But the anti-Brisebois frenzy reached hysteria level late last season, when he was medically unfit to play and went to France on vacation.

"A lot of people in hockey don't know the real story," Brisebois said.

ARRHYTHMIA

And what is the real story?

"The story is that I had arrhythmia (an irregular heart beat)," he said. "It was the first time in my life that something like that had happened. I was very scared."

It turned out the malady was a direct result of the treatment Brisebois had been receiving in Montreal.

"When I met with the doctor, he said that my brain was doing something to tell me to stop worrying. The stress was too much to handle.

"He said, 'You need 10 days off. Don't think about hockey. Get away from it. If you want to go away, Go away.' So that's why I went away.

"They (the medical staff) gave me permission, but they didn't say anything to (then GM) Andre Savard. So I looked bad. Andre looked stupid. It was a miscommunication and who looked bad again? Me."

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam031018/col_strachan-sun.html

SoCalBronco
10-27-2005, 07:05 PM
This is awesome!!! Down 4-0 to Atlanta, its now 6-4 Pittsburgh late in the 2nd period. 2 assists for Crosby so far. Herc, your boy Gonchar is finally coming alive with 2 goals and an assist. Lemieux with 2 goals.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-27-2005, 07:25 PM
Hopefully they can finally win a game, talk about a team that shouldn't be eligible for the lottery no matter what their record is.

SoCalBronco
10-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Pens win, 7-5.

SoCalBronco
10-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Crosby 10 games: 2 Goals, 12 Assists
Ovechkin 10 games : 6 Goals, 5 Assists

Hell of a race so far. Both youngsters within a couple points of the overall league leader, Jagr in total scoring.

Mtbrncofn
10-27-2005, 09:43 PM
Pens win, 7-5.

:thumbsup: Wahoo! I told you they'd get one soon enough, SoCal! You can celebrate with us tonight after our little victory. ;)

What exactly was it the fans were chanting at the end of the game? All I could get was Bertuzzi. The fans that were dressed up as "Bertuzzi for Halloween" and the couple of guys in the orange jail jumpsuits were hysterical.

Smiling Assassin27
10-28-2005, 08:58 AM
:thumbsup: Wahoo! I told you they'd get one soon enough, SoCal! You can celebrate with us tonight after our little victory. ;)

What exactly was it the fans were chanting at the end of the game? All I could get was Bertuzzi. The fans that were dressed up as "Bertuzzi for Halloween" and the couple of guys in the orange jail jumpsuits were hysterical.

Given the originality of Avs fans, it was probably:

Bertuzzi Sucks! Bertuzzi Sucks! :poke:

Smiling Assassin27
10-28-2005, 09:08 AM

You forgot Columbus...Oh, and as i recall, you LOST to Chicago, no? Besides, we've been getting fat off the Pacific as well. If those games were close, you'd have a point but drilling these teams 6-0, 5-2, 6-3 etc says something.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Hockey's Future Fall Ratings

1-15
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8043

16-30
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8041&mode=threaded&order=0

Pens and Caps switch spots for 1-2, Avs move up to 26 from 30 (I believe that was their old ranking).

Obviously they didn't remove players they believed wouldn't classify as prospects at the end of the season (they have done this in the past). If so Crosby would be gone from the Pens and the Caps would have lost 4 of their Top 10.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Crosby 10 games: 2 Goals, 12 Assists
Ovechkin 10 games : 6 Goals, 5 Assists

Hell of a race so far. Both youngsters within a couple points of the overall league leader, Jagr in total scoring.

Game 11, goal 7 under 4 minutes in

Clockwork Orange
10-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Make that 8 goals for Ovechkin after a gorgeous shorthanded goal, his 2nd of the 1st period against Tampa.

Clockwork Orange
10-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Speaking of youngsters who're tearing it up, Eric Staal just scored his 2nd of the game against Philly. He's been flat out dominant this season.

Clockwork Orange
10-28-2005, 06:30 PM
My mistake, I thought Staal was credited with the first Hurricanes goal. He's only got one tonight, but still, a star is being born in Carolina.

Clockwork Orange
10-28-2005, 07:09 PM
OK, now Staal has two goals tonight.

SoCalBronco
10-28-2005, 07:20 PM
2 more goals for Ovechkin.

He's going to league the league in goals if he keeps it up. With 8 in 11, he is on a pace for 60 in his rookie season!!!

phillybroncosnut
10-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Actually, I'm disgusted with the NHL so far this season. it's a flat out joke the penalties they are calling. I know every hockey fan see's the calls. I see guys going to the bench for literally, no exaggeration, grazing his stick on the puck carriers body.
This is BS. SWince when is Hockey a halfcourt (basketball term) game? There is absolutely ZERO flow to the game. For 2 minutes, the puck is in one end of the ice, then the next 2 minutes, it's in the other end of the ice due to power plays. This is a sick brand of "Hockey" and I don't like it. The NHL is turning Hockey into Soccer on skates with more scoring. Records that were untouchable will now be laughed at.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this has nothing to due with the Flyers. I see this BS all over the league. We now have players that dive when they feel the wind of another player to draw a penalty. Low and behold, the ref throws his arm up and calls a penalty.
This sucks. This isn't hockey. I don't know what the hell it is. It's literally figure skating with sticks and helmets. No contact allowed. You check, you go to the box! You bump, go to the box! You fart, you go to the box. I swear, soon, a player will get 2 minutes for farting. That's the way this league is headed.

All that said, I will continue to watch. I'm a Hockey fan but that doesn't mean I can't voice my displeasure for what they are doing to my NHL!

phillybroncosnut
10-28-2005, 10:15 PM
2 more goals for Ovechkin.

He's going to league the league in goals if he keeps it up. With 8 in 11, he is on a pace for 60 in his rookie season!!!

Gagne has 9 goals in 8 games! Like I said above though, records mean absolutely nithing anymore. The way the league is structured, you'll have 10 players with 80 goals a season from now on.

Clockwork Orange
10-28-2005, 11:46 PM
Actually, I'm disgusted with the NHL so far this season. it's a flat out joke the penalties they are calling. I know every hockey fan see's the calls. I see guys going to the bench for literally, no exaggeration, grazing his stick on the puck carriers body.
This is BS. SWince when is Hockey a halfcourt (basketball term) game? There is absolutely ZERO flow to the game. For 2 minutes, the puck is in one end of the ice, then the next 2 minutes, it's in the other end of the ice due to power plays. This is a sick brand of "Hockey" and I don't like it. The NHL is turning Hockey into Soccer on skates with more scoring. Records that were untouchable will now be laughed at.
Before anyone jumps to conclusions, this has nothing to due with the Flyers. I see this BS all over the league. We now have players that dive when they feel the wind of another player to draw a penalty. Low and behold, the ref throws his arm up and calls a penalty.
This sucks. This isn't hockey. I don't know what the hell it is. It's literally figure skating with sticks and helmets. No contact allowed. You check, you go to the box! You bump, go to the box! You fart, you go to the box. I swear, soon, a player will get 2 minutes for farting. That's the way this league is headed.

All that said, I will continue to watch. I'm a Hockey fan but that doesn't mean I can't voice my displeasure for what they are doing to my NHL!

Philly, you see that guy in your avatar? Yeah, him, the one who's turning Gagne into a scoring machine. You want him to stay in your lineup and off the injured list? Of course you do. Then you don't want the old hack 'n whack NHL back because if it does he reassumes the bullseye he wore in Colorado for a decade.

The league is still in the feeling out stage. Players are starting to adjust and the referees will too. Give it a little time.

phillybroncosnut
10-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Philly, you see that guy in your avatar? Yeah, him, the one who's turning Gagne into a scoring machine. You want him to stay in your lineup and off the injured list? Of course you do. Then you don't want the old hack 'n whack NHL back because if it does he reassumes the bullseye he wore in Colorado for a decade.

The league is still in the feeling out stage. Players are starting to adjust and the referees will too. Give it a little time.

Dude, I hear ya. I just can't take what I'm watching. I feel by the quality of your hockey posts, that you know the history of the game. I know you have to know about the broad street bullies. That's the Hockey I love. I know we'll never see that style again but this is horsechit what I'm watching on the ice. It's like making the NFL a touch football league. I don't like it at all.
I only hope that the league, players and refs come to some happy medium. Simply put, this style of Hockey BLOWS!

Clockwork Orange
10-29-2005, 12:31 AM
Dude, I hear ya. I just can't take what I'm watching. I feel by the quality of your hockey posts, that you know the history of the game. I know you have to know about the broad street bullies. That's the Hockey I love. I know we'll never see that style again but this is horsechit what I'm watching on the ice. It's like making the NFL a touch football league. I don't like it at all.
I only hope that the league, players and refs come to some happy medium. Simply put, this style of Hockey BLOWS!

I know what you're saying and it's being discussed nationally as well. That while people like the scoring chances and goals being up, they're worried that physical play and big hits are being phased out. They seem to be getting the players used to the no hooking/holding/obstruction rules and then I think we'll see them find some common ground as far as the hitting goes.

But I do agree with you 100% that the physical style of the league can't be compromised. The clutch & grab has been taken care of and I love that, but hitting is a part of the game (as is fighting) and it can't be lost in the shuffle.

Al Wilson
10-29-2005, 07:44 AM
WTF are you talking about. The NHL is better than before.

I do agree with you on the penalties part, but most of them have been fair

Flyers to lose this sunday!Booya!

Bronx33
10-29-2005, 07:49 AM

Heck they lost last night.....

Hercules Rockefeller
10-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Make that 8 goals for Ovechkin after a gorgeous shorthanded goal, his 2nd of the 1st period against Tampa.

Yeah it was, I just wish the Caps would update their site with the goals from last night. They've still got the 'Canes game up from earlier this week.

phillybroncosnut
10-29-2005, 01:49 PM

How long have you been a hockey fan and who was your team before the Av's (I'm just assuming you're an av's fan).

Most Hockey puriest (pretty much East coast fans) hate what they are seeing.
If you like figure skating with sticks and helmets, more power to ya. I hate the way things are playing out right now. I hold out hope that the refs will swallow the whistle as the year progresses like they normally do. I just can't take the fact that checking is now a penalty.

phillybroncosnut
10-29-2005, 01:50 PM
Heck they lost last night.....

Gee, I'll bet they'll lose a few more as the season goes on. ::)

Bronx33
10-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Gee, I'll bet they'll lose a few more as the season goes on. ::)

Easy man...

phillybroncosnut
10-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Easy man...

No biggie bro. Just a general retort to weak smack. That's all it was!

Bronx33
10-29-2005, 02:40 PM
No biggie bro. Just a general retort to weak smack. That's all it was!

It wasn't intended to be smack but stating the fact that they lost nothing more nothing less.

Al Wilson
10-29-2005, 04:05 PM
How long have you been a hockey fan and who was your team before the Av's (I'm just assuming you're an av's fan).
Been a fan of the Sens for 11 years.

And I don't like the Avs nor the West Conference, but it's a pleasure to watch Detroit play (you'll love me for this).

Isn't it funny when JR was talking **** about how the Phillies were going to beat the sens in the playoffs, yet we blew you away 2 straight years.

SoCalBronco
10-29-2005, 08:02 PM
****ing bitches. Way to blow a 2 goal 3rd period lead and go from 2 points to 0. Damn Pens.

Al Wilson
10-29-2005, 08:43 PM
****ing b****es. Way to blow a 2 goal 3rd period lead and go from 2 points to 0. Damn Pens.
How you like the 8-0 whoooooooping on the Leafs.!Booya!

Tredici
10-29-2005, 10:21 PM

Most Hockey puriest (pretty much East coast fans) hate what they are seeing.
If you like figure skating with sticks and helmets, more power to ya. I hate the way things are playing out right now. I hold out hope that the refs will swallow the whistle as the year progresses like they normally do. I just can't take the fact that checking is now a penalty.

I swear we are watching different games. When 5 minutes bang off the clock before you blink because if you do you will miss some of the action, that's okay by me. Then when the hits come it's something to be excited about.

I don't miss endless scrums on the boards. The frickin' neutral zone couple skates. The penalties may be up but it's offset by no damn 2 line passes, offsides and icing whistles. Yeah, I miss those endless faceoffs. Especially the ones where the ref keeps picking who he wants to drop the puck for.

Maybe the guys in the east just don't know how to skate without holding each other up.

Ha!

Mtbrncofn
10-29-2005, 11:29 PM

I would have to agree. It pains me to agree with you, but I really do. I don't like the pussification any more than you do. Gone are the days of a great hit....well the ones without a penalty being called it seems.

Mtbrncofn
10-29-2005, 11:31 PM
****ing b****es. Way to blow a 2 goal 3rd period lead and go from 2 points to 0. Damn Pens.

I thought they had that one. The Canes are surprising this year.

Clockwork Orange
10-30-2005, 01:21 AM
I thought they had that one. The Canes are surprising this year.

Staal with 4 assists tonight. Unreal.

phillybroncosnut
10-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Been a fan of the Sens for 11 years.

And I don't like the Avs nor the West Conference, but it's a pleasure to watch Detroit play (you'll love me for this).

Isn't it funny when JR was talking **** about how the Phillies were going to beat the sens in the playoffs, yet we blew you away 2 straight years.

Okay. Well, who did you like before the Sens. No offense but I became a fan in the late 70's, early 80's. I was intrigued by the physical nature of the game. That's why I hate what I'm seeing. That's why I say the purest's (Boston, New York, Philly, Chicago) fan bases don't like what they see on the ice. We didn't grow up watching figure skaters. We grew up watching tough nosed, hard ass hockey players. Players like Phil Espisito, Billy Barber, A young Mark messier. Guys who could score with anyone and could throw their bodies with anyone.
I'm sick of seeing every god damn hard hit turn into a penalty.

Tred, I don't miss the neutral zone trap either. I love the absence of the 2 line pass. I also love that when there is icing, the players who were on the ice from the team guilty of icing, have to stay out for the next face off. I love alot of the new rules. In fact, i can't think of one new rule I dislike.
My gripe is with the officiating. Why can't we have the new rules AND keep the physical nature? I started to hate the NBA when it became a total offensive game. No defense is played whatsoever. Sadly, this is the direction that the NHL is going.

To clarify...... I like all the new rules. I'm bitching about the officiating taking the physical and defensive part of the game out of the NHL.
That, in a nutshell is my beef!

Jori
10-30-2005, 11:05 AM
I know some of the Canadian observers, *cough* Don Cherry *cough* have the same concerns about the physical play being taken out of the game. I feel the same, but not to a large extent. I thought this two game series between the Avs and Canucks was quite physical. The officials let the teams play, but did miss some interference calls (particularly in last night's game). Its going to be an adjustment.

phillybroncosnut
10-30-2005, 11:19 AM
I know some of the Canadian observers, *cough* Don Cherry *cough* have the same concerns about the physical play being taken out of the game. I feel the same, but not to a large extent. I thought this two game series between the Avs and Canucks was quite physical. The officials let the teams play, but did miss some interference calls (particularly in last night's game). Its going to be an adjustment.

Here is my hope. For the past 4-5 season's, the refs opened the season calling a ton of penalties only to swallow the whistle as the first month or 2 went by. I'm hoping the same thing occurs this season.
The clutching and grabbing should be watched all season though. I beleive a player should be allowed to hook a bit in the open ice. It's sort of like a Defensive back being able to just put his hand on the opposing WR. The DB has no chance if he can't make even minimal contact.
Let the light stuff go. If the player pulls the stick while on the opponent, call the penalty. If the defensive player taps a player with his stick blade, let that go.
They are calling EVERYFOCKINGTHING! Let the players play. And, for gods sake, LET THE PLAYERS HIT!

Tredici
10-30-2005, 11:22 AM

I think I saw more clean body checks in that game than I did in half a season the last time there was a season. The hip check used to belong to Rob Blake. Now suddenly Jovanowski is using it.

I'm with you, on the adjustment period. The physical nature of the game will return but within the rules. Probably similar to what Philly remembers. There were a couple of good, clean hits that rattled the boards last night, too.

I mean here we are 10-12 games into the season and what Superstar is sitting on the bench due to game injury? (Trust me Philly, there is one in particular....)

LET THEM SKATE!

LET THEM SKATE!

phillybroncosnut
10-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I think I saw more clean body checks in that game than I did in half a season the last time there was a season. The hip check used to belong to Rob Blake. Now suddenly Jovanowski is using it.

I'm with you, on the adjustment period. The physical nature of the game will return but within the rules. Probably similar to what Philly remembers. There were a couple of good, clean hits that rattled the boards last night, too.

I mean here we are 10-12 games into the season and what Superstar is sitting on the bench due to game injury? (Trust me Philly, there is one in particular....)

LET THEM SKATE!

LET THEM SKATE!

Jovo has always used the hip check. Improperly! He's a dirty player. Always goes for the opposing players knee. I watched that dude's career take off in Florida. he's a hard nosed hockey player who's style of play will be hurt with the way they are calling these games. he's a Hatcher type of player with just a smidge better offensively.

You guys can stop with the Forsberg stuff. Peter is a tough player. Myself personally, I'd rather take the old style of play and take my chances of Forsberg getting injured.
I've never cussed at the TV so much about a "style" of Hockey. I find myself watching what they are calling then the actual game.:bs:

Tredici
10-30-2005, 11:54 AM
You know what Philly? Go look at how many games Peter played each season for the last 5 or so. We know he's tough. We also know he is benefitting greatly (and by extension so are the Flyers) by the new style of play.

If you want the old NHL and guys like Peter constantly out of the game? Well, to each his own. But run the idea past guys like Gagne first.

Boogerboots
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Most hockey fans that I've talked to say they like what they see so far. And I'm not just talking about Sens fans either. Ottawa still has a fair contigent of Canadiens and Leafs fans and everybody likes the faster pace.

I was watching a pregame interview that was done with both the GM's for the Leafs and the Sens and John Muckler stated that the "New NHL" was like turning the clock back to the 80's. And I think that's the best way to put it.

During the lockout I watched a classic Stanley Cup game between the Flyers and the Oilers, I believe it was from 85, and Glen Anderson took the puck end to end and went around 3 Flyer players inside their own blue line and finished it off by deking Hextall. Not one guy grabbed him or hooked him in with a stick. After seeing that I thought, there was no way that could happen in today's 2004 brand of hockey.

But with these new rule changes, it can happen again. It's run and gun hockey. I do like to see the punishing hits and hope that the refs will get the scales worked out on calling such plays.

But overall, whether it's the opinions of the fans, or the players, or even the coaching staffs, the overwhelming majority agree that hockey is much better now than it was in 03-04. It's fun to watch again.

Mtbrncofn
11-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Some news and notes.

Matt Cooke out indefinitely with a broken jaw he received during practice.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141650&hubname=nhl

Leetch injured - knee injury.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141671&hubname=nhl

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles Kings forward Luc Robitaille might miss two to four weeks with a fracture in his right leg.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141630&hubname=nhl

Legace dinged. (

Detroit was without defenceman Mathieu Schneider, a last-minute scratch due to a sore groin, and then Legace left the game with a slight knee sprain with 3:23 remaining in the first period after Chicago's Matthew Barnaby fell on him. Legace, who made eight saves, was expected to undergo precautionary X-rays on Wednesday.)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141655&hubname=nhl

I guess it was more of an injury report.

Bronx33
11-01-2005, 10:28 PM
Some news and notes.

Matt Cooke out indefinitely with a broken jaw he received during practice.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141650&hubname=nhl

Leetch injured - knee injury.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141671&hubname=nhl

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles Kings forward Luc Robitaille might miss two to four weeks with a fracture in his right leg.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141630&hubname=nhl

Legace dinged. (

Detroit was without defenceman Mathieu Schneider, a last-minute scratch due to a sore groin, and then Legace left the game with a slight knee sprain with 3:23 remaining in the first period after Chicago's Matthew Barnaby fell on him. Legace, who made eight saves, was expected to undergo precautionary X-rays on Wednesday.)

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=141655&hubname=nhl

I guess it was more of an injury report.

Well i traded cooke a couple weeks ago and i sat on osgood while he was injured so cool it all worked out for my FHL.

Mtbrncofn
11-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Man, having a Canuck on your roster in FHL is like having a Raider on your roster in FFL.

Smiling Assassin27
11-02-2005, 08:06 AM
Typical Barnaby...decided to just sit down on Manny's knee. No need for retribution, our power play is our goon...

Bronx33
11-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Man, having a Canuck on your roster in FHL is like having a Raider on your roster in FFL.

I got bertuzzi and H sedin......ROFL!

alkemical
11-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I am a HUGE fan of matt barnaby -

and big hits will come- infact there will be a skill to doing open ice hits that will develop.....

But being a fan of the pens, i'm happy with the new NHL, they were always a run n' gun team -

I think jackman is on his way out

Mtbrncofn
11-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I got bertuzzi and H sedin......ROFL!

:TJnPopps: That's just wrong.

Bronx33
11-02-2005, 04:27 PM
:TJnPopps: That's just wrong.

And bert is on the no cut list.....:gus: or i would trade him he isn't doing squat.

Mtbrncofn
11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
That's your punishment for drafting him as an Avs fan. ;)

Jori
11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
The Senators just smoked Buffalo 10-4. Both Havlat and Alfredsson each had four goals. Like I said before the season started, if Hasek (who didn't start tonight btw) can stay healthy they are the team to beat.

Mtbrncofn
11-02-2005, 09:15 PM
Good Lord! That's quite a few of their players now that have scored 4 goals in a game in the last week or so. Yikes.

Al Wilson
11-03-2005, 02:20 PM
It's good to have Havlat back.

Hopefully, they can keep this up.

Clockwork Orange
11-03-2005, 02:30 PM
A lot of people shopping for new hats in Ottawa today.

phillybroncosnut
11-03-2005, 03:37 PM
How did they fair on Saturday night? I heard a lot of chit talking from on e Sens fan before that game.
He did his best Fade fan and ran with out congradulating my boys.

BTW, Next time you want to smack my Flyers, bring something up more recently then 3 years ago bro!

Al Wilson
11-03-2005, 09:14 PM
Congratulate the Flyers for what?

They were lucky the Sens were tired after hammering the Leafs 8-0.

We'll get you back as alwaysHilarious!

Clockwork Orange
11-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Jesus, Eric Staal with 2 goals, 1 assist tonight to run his league leading point total to 25 (11 goals, 14 assists).

http://www.jatkoaika.com/albumit/album37/Eric_Staal_Carolina_pieni.jpg

And he just turned 21 last week. Unbelievable.

Smiling Assassin27
11-04-2005, 08:16 AM
Parity is here, fellas...

Bronx33
11-04-2005, 09:07 AM
Jesus, Eric Staal with 2 goals, 1 assist tonight to run his league leading point total to 25 (11 goals, 14 assists).

I got him on my FHL!:~ohyah!: and he almost had a hat trick but the rep called some stupid penalty on cole for diving.

Mtbrncofn
11-05-2005, 11:04 AM

That kid is a goal scoring monster. Unbelievable is right.

Hogan11
11-05-2005, 10:24 PM
This says it all.........

Mtbrncofn
11-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Speaking of the Habs, I just have to post this. It cracked me up. It should crack you guys up too if you remember the playoffs of last.

Mtbrncofn
11-05-2005, 10:46 PM
I should have known the events of last night here were a sign of things to come tonight ( the loss, albeit in the SO ).

I hit a deer last night, the little bastard. He charged across the road and there was nothing I could do. He deserved death, I however did not deserve all the damage he did to my car. :cuss:

Hogan11
11-05-2005, 10:48 PM
That Expos banner will hang forever in that arena....they even brought in the Hawk and Carter to raise it.......

That's total class. I swear I never liked them since I became aware of hockey...but I damn sure respect them...now moreso than ever.

Mtbrncofn
11-05-2005, 11:18 PM
That's very cool for you. Btw, are you a Nats fan now? I meant to ask long ago when they moved and never got to it.

Bronx33
11-06-2005, 10:15 AM
I should have known the events of last night here were a sign of things to come tonight ( the loss, albeit in the SO ).

I hit a deer last night, the little bastard. He charged across the road and there was nothing I could do. He deserved death, I however did not deserve all the damage he did to my car. :cuss:

I hit one last year and it killed my toyota corolla and he ran away! i would have kept it if i smoked em! but whole thing was like in slowmotion it was weird.

phillybroncosnut
11-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Hogan is a fan of the Butt Pirates now. Why not jump on the Phils or Rockies bangwagon bro? That way you could be a Broncos and Rocks fan or a Flyers and Phillies fan!

At any rate, I'm slowly but surely seeing the refs swallow the whistle on the physical play which makes me very happy. I can deal with the hooking calls.

Simon Gagne notched his league leading 15th goal last night. he scored a hat trick to boot. He now has 15 goals in 11 games. Not to shabby!
I can't complain about the Flyers record with 3 starters out of the lineup for a while. 2/3rds of our second line has been out pretty much all year. Kapanen will not return for another month or so and Primeau is having concussion like symptoms. That is a scaring disgnosis for Prim's. Hopefully he will be back sooner then later. however, I'd just as soon let him sit out until the last month of the season. Like I said when Forsberg was hurt, we can make the playoffs with our top 2 line's out for most of the season. The Flyers are so deep it's sick.
8-3 is a great record with 2 of your top players out.

GO FLYERS

Bronx33
11-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Speaking of the Habs, I just have to post this. It cracked me up. It should crack you guys up too if you remember the playoffs of last.

Funny!

Hercules Rockefeller
11-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Ovy has 1 and 1 tonight a few minutes into the 3rd. Should be 2 goals though, it looked like McCabe deflected his shot in, and not Willsie.

alkemical
11-08-2005, 02:26 PM
It seems that my pens are starting to figure things out - i think they should move t-bone and get some D, or tbone and jackman for some more solid D and not so much just Offensive D (heh, they have been offensive too) :)

I think Whitney and Orpik are badass young D guys - I'd even be willing to move gonchar too - although - his PP ability is very good, but i've seen him go soft in some plays now and then.

I'd be more for younger guys who play smart hockey than for guys who can just make the forward outlet pass....

Hercules Rockefeller
11-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Goal 11 for Ovechkin already tonight

SoCalBronco
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM
It seems that my pens are starting to figure things out - i think they should move t-bone and get some D, or tbone and jackman for some more solid D and not so much just Offensive D (heh, they have been offensive too) :)

I think Whitney and Orpik are badass young D guys - I'd even be willing to move gonchar too - although - his PP ability is very good, but i've seen him go soft in some plays now and then.

I'd be more for younger guys who play smart hockey than for guys who can just make the forward outlet pass....

Orpik is playing better now. He's about the only defensive defenseman we have. Still taking stupid penalties, but he is a nice hitter. He's alot better than he was the first 8 games or so. Gonchar is really starting to make plays on offense now. I guess Herc was right, he is just a slow starter. I dont think Jackman would get us much, he has somewhere around 12 points and has a great shot but I dont think he could get us a decent center or defensive defenseman. I really like what ive seen of Whitney and Christensen since the team brought them up.

SoCalBronco
11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

Very impressive.

Bronx33
11-08-2005, 06:59 PM

Tied with my boy staal......

Hercules Rockefeller
11-08-2005, 07:58 PM
#12 too as the Caps lose 5-3. I believe that now gives him twice as many goals as the next closest rookie.

alkemical
11-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Orpik is playing better now. He's about the only defensive defenseman we have. Still taking stupid penalties, but he is a nice hitter. He's alot better than he was the first 8 games or so. Gonchar is really starting to make plays on offense now. I guess Herc was right, he is just a slow starter. I dont think Jackman would get us much, he has somewhere around 12 points and has a great shot but I dont think he could get us a decent center or defensive defenseman. I really like what ive seen of Whitney and Christensen since the team brought them up.

if we packaged jackman and t-bone - i think we could net a decent player

phillybroncosnut
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
16th goal for Gagne last night in an improbable comback win for the Flyers. 16 goals in 12 games for Gagne.

GO FLYERS

Clockwork Orange
11-09-2005, 06:57 PM
It should also be noted that Peter Forsberg has 28 points in 13 games and is a +14. I know that's painful for most Avs fans to see (though it's not like it's a surprise to anyone), but I want to remind everyone that this is the guy that Lacroix let go so that he could keep Rob Blake.

If I ever meet Lacroix face to face I'm going to remind him of this.

Jori
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
It's not painful for me. I'm glad he's doing well. It's nice to see him not getting hooked, grabbed and held on every shift.

I was on the buy out Blake bandwagon initially. I had concerns about this team offensively going into the season. Yet, look at the numbers. The Avs are averaging 4.29 goals per game, which is third best in the NHL. They have three lines that can score, when most of us thought they would only have one. This isn't the top heavy team we are used to, its a balanced attack. Not only are you getting scoring from three lines, but look at the offensive contributions from the blueline.

The salary cap hit the Avs hard. It's early, but its hard to heavily criticize Lacroix considering the circumstances. So far the players, sans May, have fit in very well and are making positive contributions. Not one player can replace Forsberg, the Avs have to do that collectively as a team. So far, their offensive production has surpassed my expectations.

alkemical
11-10-2005, 08:27 AM
My pens are the most painful team to watch in the NHL

phillybroncosnut
11-10-2005, 10:15 AM
It should also be noted that Peter Forsberg has 28 points in 13 games and is a +14. I know that's painful for most Avs fans to see (though it's not like it's a surprise to anyone), but I want to remind everyone that this is the guy that Lacroix let go so that he could keep Rob Blake.

Yes he does. I didn't want to bring it up.

phillybroncosnut
11-10-2005, 10:16 AM
My pens are the most painful team to watch in the NHL

I would think you would be used to that by now!:undecided

alkemical
11-10-2005, 10:21 AM
I would think you would be used to that by now!:undecided

At least the pens have the same shot of winning the cup this year the flyers do.

SoCalBronco
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
we are going to a shootout vs. Montreal. Come on lets win this thing.

SoCalBronco
11-10-2005, 08:12 PM
That was ****ing awesome. What drama! First five shooters miss in the shootout, comes down to Crosby to win it and he SCORES!!!!. Pittburgh wins 3-2.

Crosby with a goal in regulation and the sole goal to win it in the shootout.
Sweet.

Bronx33
11-10-2005, 08:59 PM
That was ****ing awesome. What drama! First five shooters miss in the shootout, comes down to Crosby to win it and he SCORES!!!!. Pittburgh wins 3-2.

Crosby with a goal in regulation and the sole goal to win it in the shootout.
Sweet.

That goal was sweet no doubt....the kids has got skillz!

Dudeskey
11-10-2005, 09:13 PM
That goal was sweet no doubt....the kids has got skillz!

I was watching coach's corner on CBC once nd they showed him when he was playing juniors, he scooped the puck up w/ his stick and threw that **** in LaCrosse style. THAT was sweet.

SoCalBronco
11-10-2005, 11:10 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PAGP10711110324.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/200501111pdpenguins1110f_450.jpg

Bronx33
11-10-2005, 11:13 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PAGP10711110324.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/200501111pdpenguins1110f_450.jpg

He roofed it for sure the water bottle went flying.....

alkemical
11-11-2005, 08:30 AM
Pitt is going to get their new arena - youcanbeledat

Mtbrncofn
11-11-2005, 09:56 AM

I don't like to look at that part of the scoring column. Thanks for reminding me. :cuss:

Mtbrncofn
11-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Anyone catch the between the legs pass from Spezza to Heatley last night? Very nice. Heatley is certainly looking like a good fit up there in Ottawa. Sheesh.

alkemical
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
the change in scenery did well for heatley -

phillybroncosnut
11-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Josh, you're high bro!

The Flyers have the leaders in all 3 major categories for offense.

Gagne leages in goals
Forsberg leads in assists
Joni Pitkanen leads in plus minus.

Good receipe for a winner so far.

alkemical
11-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Josh, you're high bro!

The Flyers have the leaders in all 3 major categories for offense.

Gagne leages in goals
Forsberg leads in assists
Joni Pitkanen leads in plus minus.

Good receipe for a winner so far.

Uhm, the philly curse?????

Now who's the one who is high?

Fricken blind philly fans, when will they learn that it's cursed.

Clockwork Orange
11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Another goal for Ovechkin today.

There's a very real possibility that this 19 year old, with minimal talent around him, is gonna get 50 this season.

Mtbrncofn
11-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Good Lord, can you image him with a Forsberg or someone close? Holy crap.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-11-2005, 05:05 PM
Good Lord, can you image him with a Forsberg or someone close? Holy crap.

Try any scoring line player right now. Didn't see the game today, but he's usually on a line with Halpern and Willsie and those guys are not scoring line players. Worst part is that Ovy's a damn good passer too, he's got no one to finish his set-ups right now. Woulda been great if Semin had come over, most of their other prospects that project as possible scoring line players are down in Hershey.

dbroncos31
11-11-2005, 05:30 PM
wow the flyers are amazing. Gagne's on pace for like 100 goals and to challenge the 50 in 39 record set by gretky. and forsberg's on pace for like 175 points or some insane number like that. and esche and nittymaki are looking good. i'm hoping that the curse could end this year.

Clockwork Orange
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Looks like Ilya Kovalchuk got tired of everyone talking about the new young Russian sensation. He turned some heads tonight by scoring 4 goals against the Lightning, who are in a free fall right now.

A side note to that game, the University of Denver's own Adam Berkhoel got the win in net for the Thrashers. !Booya!

Breck Bronc
11-11-2005, 07:53 PM
A side note to that game, the University of Denver's own Adam Berkhoel got the win in net for the Thrashers. !Booya!Berkoel's win coming against Denver native John Grahame.

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 12:21 AM
i'm hoping that the curse could end this year.

Not me! :poke:

SoCalBronco
11-12-2005, 12:24 AM
Bob has a better chance at getting laid multiple times this week than the Flyers winning the Cup in the forseeable future.

**** Philadelphia

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 12:28 AM
Bob has a better chance at getting laid multiple times this week than the Flyers winning the Cup in the forseeable future.

**** Philadelphia

ROFL!

phillybroncosnut
11-12-2005, 08:13 PM

**** Philadelphia

Oh, you lil d!ck bag!

Look at the Pen fans (SoCal and josh) talking chit about the Flyers. That's like a 49ers fan bagging on the Broncos. Unreal!

Hogan11
11-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh, you lil d!ck bag!

Look at the Pen fans (SoCal and josh) talking chit about the Flyers. That's like a 49ers fan bagging on the Broncos. Unreal!

I just ignore it...Crosby is all they got and unfortunately not even he can save that franchise. I feel for them having been through all that once myself........that said, GO FLYERS!! Last second goal to beat FLA!Booya! ......I love it when the Panthers lose.....hell, I love it when any team in Florida loses in anything. Next up, the hated Lightning...keep smackin' them Boys!!

phillybroncosnut
11-12-2005, 09:23 PM
9 wins in a row Hogan!

GO FLYERS!

Hogan11
11-12-2005, 09:28 PM
9 wins in a row Hogan!

GO FLYERS!

I know it's wayyy early, but it's hard to keep the excitement in check over that team.....I gotta find out when they're coming to Buffalo so I can check them out in person.

phillybroncosnut
11-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Not me! :poke:

So tell me MT.... If Foppa is (or was) your favorite player, How could you possibly go out of your way to cheer against the team he is on?

The only thing I could compare it to is John Elway. If Elway left the Broncos, I would still be a die hard Bronco fan, but, I would be cheering for the team that Elway went to on the side. It's not like Foppa went to a division or even conference rival. He went to a team that the Av's play ONE time a year.
As long as I've known you, you never had a hatred for the Flyers until this season.
How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?

phillybroncosnut
11-12-2005, 09:31 PM
I know it's wayyy early, but it's hard to keep the excitement in check over that team.....I gotta find out when they're coming to Buffalo so I can check them out in person.

They are playing absolute lights out right now. Here is the kicker, 2/3rds of our second line have been out most of the season.
Both Primeau and Kapanen (who has been out all year) will be back. The depth on this team is ungodly bro!

Hogan11
11-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Flyers @ Sabres Thurs Feb 2nd & Friday April 7th....I will be there!

Breck Bronc
11-12-2005, 11:06 PM
So tell me MT.... If Foppa is (or was) your favorite player, How could you possibly go out of your way to cheer against the team he is on?

The only thing I could compare it to is John Elway. If Elway left the Broncos, I would still be a die hard Bronco fan, but, I would be cheering for the team that Elway went to on the side. It's not like Foppa went to a division or even conference rival. He went to a team that the Av's play ONE time a year.
As long as I've known you, you never had a hatred for the Flyers until this season.
How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?Elway and Forsberg are my two favorite athletes of all-time. If Elway went to the Redskins or whatever that rumor was years ago I would have still rooted for John but not Washington. Same thing with Forsberg. I hope he continues to do well (though it's painful watching him do so well) but I couldn't care less about the Flyers and how they do as a team.

The way we lost Forsberg due to the salary cap was heartbreaking. He didn't want to leave, the fans certainly didn't want him to leave and the organiztion didn't want him to leave. It was essentially forced. Aside from buying out Rob Blake there was nothing the Avalanche organization could have done (and many people around here, including me, wish we would have bought out Blake and signed Foppa). Somehow we're still scoring goals better than anyone but Ottawa without Sakic or Hejduk really playing that well.

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:08 PM
good lord the flyers are amazing. knuble wins it with 3.2 seconds left

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:10 PM
thats three games off of the top of my head where we had some amzing play in the last minute. forsberg's first goal tied it with like 50 secs left and we won in OT (dont remember against who) and then pitkanen ties it with 23 secs left and wins it in OT vs. Bos. and now knuble wins it with 3.2 secs left. and robbie got the assist!!

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM

How could you love Foppa for all these years and then pull a 180 and dispise him in the span of a couple months?

This is the only way I can explain it. Hypothetically here, if I had a boyfriend and he decided to dump me, I would hate him forever for it. That's just me. That's how I feel about the Forsberg thing. It's the whole feeling of betrayal. It all boils down to being hurt over it and that's how I deal with it. Plus I want his only rings to be with the Avs.

I can honestly say I have never really liked the Flyers. Seems like I am always fighting with their fans, and not just you fans on here. I generally judge a team by their fans as I'm sure a lot of us do. I've not come across too awfully many Flyers fans that are cool to chat with. Seems they always have a big chip on their shoulders. ( I'm not saying this about anyone in particular on this board, so no whining. )

So there's my best explanation for the thing. It's just me.

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
They are playing absolute lights out right now. Here is the kicker, 2/3rds of our second line have been out most of the season.
Both Primeau and Kapanen (who has been out all year) will be back. The depth on this team is ungodly bro!
its amazing. i knew gagne was good...but damn!!!! i had no idea how amazing he'd be. and you gotta consider how primeau can play when he's on (see: 2003 playoffs and esp. v TB) and how key Kapanen is. i think that we will win the east and win the cup. we're just so good. and our goalies are both really good. everyone is amazing. i'm in almost shock. but we do need to remember that its only like 1 month into the season...there's a lot of hockey left. and i think we'll be the last one standing.

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:15 PM
but he didn't betray you...it wasnt his choice...he wasn't like...f- colorado, im going to philly.

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
Breck has a point too. The way we lost him made it all worse. We had already lost Foote ( a fan fave ), and after that I know I thought for sure Forsberg was staying. I think most of us were penciling him in on our lineup and out of the blue, GONE! It was shocking and hard to take and Breck's also right about the feeling about buying Blake out. Especially now!

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 11:20 PM
but he didn't betray you...it wasnt his choice...he wasn't like...f- colorado, im going to philly.

I feel like he did somewhat, and I know a lot of others do too. Not necessarily people on this board though. He was very well paid when he played in Colorado all those years. Consistenly one of the highest paid players in the league if not the highest. He was well taken care of here. And then he went somewhere else for more money. I never would have thought it would have come down to money with him.

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:31 PM
no i kno...i agree with you somewhat, but i dont see the straight up betray, like if he had demanded a trade, or something like that. but, if this was gagne, i would be so pissed. i feel like it was less than what Flava Clown Portis did, and initially, i still liked him. (until the season started. now that little bitch annoys me. i was one of many booing him at week 5) but i see where you're comin from.

Mtbrncofn
11-12-2005, 11:35 PM
It really is just me. Everyone dealt with it differently. I didn't and won't deal with it well. I definitely don't equate with any flava clownish-ishness. You know how the more you are attached to something the more it hurts, well that's how it goes for me.

Thanks for understanding though.

dbroncos31
11-12-2005, 11:49 PM
gotcha

Hogan11
11-13-2005, 01:57 AM
its amazing. i knew gagne was good...but damn!!!! i had no idea how amazing he'd be. and you gotta consider how primeau can play when he's on (see: 2003 playoffs and esp. v TB) and how key Kapanen is. i think that we will win the east and win the cup. we're just so good. and our goalies are both really good. everyone is amazing. i'm in almost shock. but we do need to remember that its only like 1 month into the season...there's a lot of hockey left. and i think we'll be the last one standing.

I don't think I'll ever be totally comfortable with our goalies (but that's just me).

I agree though, the Rangers will fade and the Flyers will take the East barring something extraordinary. The team defines the word solid.

Al Wilson
11-13-2005, 08:19 AM
I don't think I'll ever be totally comfortable with our goalies (but that's just me).

I agree though, the Rangers will fade and the Flyers will take the East barring something extraordinary. The team defines the word solid.
The Flyers taking the East? ROFL!

All thi talk about Gagne? ROFL!

The Flyers the team to beat? No.

The Flyers aren't going to win the East.

Who's their goalie? Robert 'stinking' Esche

The Sens will win the East, guarantee it.

The Flyers are no match for the Sens.

Hogan11
11-13-2005, 09:49 AM

Sun. October 30 Philadelphia 5 Ottawa 3

No match eh? ROFL!

phillybroncosnut
11-13-2005, 10:53 AM
The Flyers taking the East? ROFL!

All thi talk about Gagne? ROFL!

The Flyers the team to beat? No.

The Flyers aren't going to win the East.

Who's their goalie? Robert 'stinking' Esche

The Sens will win the East, guarantee it.

The Flyers ARE the team to beat in the East. That's just the facts my Ottawa loving friend. Does that mean we will win the East? No. They are the favorites though.

Robert Esche is the best goalie we've had since a young Ron Hextall. Esche is not one of the bigger name goalies in the league but he is as solid as they come. Just ask the American team, and American hockey fans, who was the only player on the USA that bothered to show up for the world cup. Esche is the reason the Americans didn't lose every game by 10 goals.
He played tremendously in the '03 playoffs. If Esche slips up somehow, I am very comfortable with Anttiro Nitimaki as our future goaltender.

The 2 biggest obsticles for the Flyers this year will be the Lightning and Sens because of their speed. That's the only matchup problem I saee in the East for the Flyers. The Sens and Ning speed alone, will give teams fits. The Flyers are more talented acrossed the 4 lines then anyone in the league.
If they can deal with the speed, they should take the east.

phillybroncosnut
11-13-2005, 11:14 AM
MT.... I understand where you are coming from. I didn't realize you viewed it the way you do. I thought you kept the love for Forsberg even though you were pained by his departure.
If you hate Forsberg all together, I understand your hatred for the Flyers.

As far as Flyers fans with a chip on their shoulder, yes, we do. that chip comes from 30 years without a Cup. If we sucked for those 30 years, I could see where a chip on the shoulder would be too much. However, we have been a competitor for the Cup in probably 22 of those 30 years. We have been so close year in and year out.
It's like a smoker feening for a smoke. Remember when you quit? Imagine for the first week, someone just held a cigarette just inches from your lips and everytime you went to put it in your mouth, someone crushed it into tiny pieces and then stomped on it as it laid on the ground.
That's what we have dealt with. That's the reason for the chip. broncos fans had that chip after so many super bowl loses.

Flyer fans are some of the most passionate and knowledgable hockey fans around. TSN didn't name them the best hockey town in America for nothing. We are just very hungry and the additions we made this season have added to that hunger.
Don't hate Flyer fans for their passion.

dbroncos31
11-13-2005, 01:26 PM
esche has won 6 starts in a row, so i dont think the nickname "stinkin" fits here. just you wait until the Flyers smack the Sens to knock them out of thw playoffs.

Breck Bronc
11-13-2005, 02:07 PM
It's like a smoker feening for a smoke. Remember when you quit? Imagine for the first week, someone just held a cigarette just inches from your lips and everytime you went to put it in your mouth, someone crushed it into tiny pieces and then stomped on it as it laid on the ground. Isn't that also like having a Forsberg-in-a-Flyers-jersey avatar on a Denver based message board?

phillybroncosnut
11-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Isn't that also like having a Forsberg-in-a-Flyers-jersey avatar on a Denver based message board?

Not at all! I'm here as a Bronco fan. If I was on an Av's board, you might have a point. I'm pretty much here for Bronco talk.
I am, however, a Flyers fan. We've been talking hockey here for years. Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.

It's no different then having a Miami U avatar on a "colorado based board"!

FADERPROOF
11-13-2005, 03:13 PM
Not at all! I'm here as a Bronco fan. If I was on an Av's board, you might have a point. I'm pretty much here for Bronco talk.
I am, however, a Flyers fan. We've been talking hockey here for years. Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.

It's no different then having a Miami U avatar on a "colorado based board"!

That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.

Al Wilson
11-13-2005, 08:43 PM
esche has won 6 starts in a row, so i dont think the nickname "stinkin" fits here. just you wait until the Flyers smack the Sens to knock them out of thw playoffs.
Robert Esche is 'nothing' compared to the Dominator.

And the Flyers aren't going to stop the Sens.

It's quite the opposite....the Sens will knock the Flyers out as usual:laugh:

Al Wilson
11-13-2005, 08:47 PM
The Flyers ARE the team to beat in the East. That's just the facts my Ottawa loving friend. Does that mean we will win the East? No. They are the favorites though.

Since when were the stinking Flyers the favourites?

Make a poll. Hell, before season start the Sens were faourites for East & The Cup, so stop it with this 'Flyers favourite' crap.

We know the Flyers can't do squat against the Sens (especially in the playoffs).

If Lalime killed the Flyers, imagine what the Dominator will do to those little turds.

Mark my words, the Flyers aren't going to win the East.

Jori
11-13-2005, 09:42 PM
Bertuzzi with a hat trick against the Red Wings :TJnPopps:

Breck Bronc
11-14-2005, 12:05 AM
That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.Thank you, FADE.

You can have all the Flyers stuff you want in your avatar, that's cool; it's the Forsberg stuff that seems taunting on site where the majority of people root for the Avalanche.

Foppa was voted Denver's most popular athlete by fans in a 2003 Denver Post survey; not just for hockey players but all of Denver's pro and college athletes.

I was happy when we traded for Bourque in 2000, but I wouldn't have gloated about it so much on a Red Sox message board (if I were a fan of the Sox, mind you).

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 12:15 AM
That Miami player wasnt a big fan favorite on a Colorado team before jumping ship to the Canes.

Yes, thats correct.

It would be like me going to BuckNuts.com and having MoC in my avatar.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 06:33 AM
We know the Flyers can't do squat against the Sens (especially in the playoffs).

As you were saying?

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 06:37 AM
Everyone who knows me, know's I am a Flyer fan. I'm just excited about having Forsberg back on the Flyers. That's all.

The point being missed here is stated above.

How do you think Philly felt seeing Foresberg in an Av's uni touted in his face year after year on these message boards?

It works both ways, so spare me this thin skin stuff.

alkemical
11-14-2005, 09:02 AM
Actually i think the MTL are the team to beat in the east. Not to mention Car -

It's so early in the season - my pens are a bit bad this year - but considering they were the 'worst' team in the NHL the last time there was a season - i sort of expect to see this now and then.

However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players. They got some young D guys that have some serious potential - and wReckin' ball is playing well this year, not to mention we have some good young talent like Ryan malone that really come up with clutch goals. It's a young team. The problem with the pens is too many offensive defensman who are soft (tarnstrom, jackman, gonchar) - and not enough grit and defensive ability. I think the goal tending is a bit soft - but we got two young guys in net that have good longterm upside (caron & fluery) - Tbone is less than desirable IMO.

For the last 10 years, the flyers have had one of the top teams in terms of talent on their roster, and each year, they can't seal the deal.Their best player IMO is D - Pikonen - Guy is probably the most vital cog for D and for special teams.

Smiling Assassin27
11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Bertuzzi with a hat trick against the Red Wings :TJnPopps:

Yeah, we don't have anyone that can lean on him. As i said, we don't matchup well against them.

Al Wilson
11-14-2005, 02:36 PM

As you were saying?
The Flyers can't do it when it matters most.

If you want to bring up history then say so because you know the Flyers and JR were the biggest chokes.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 02:49 PM
The Flyers can't do it when it matters most.

If you want to bring up history then say so because you know the Flyers and JR were the biggest chokes.

History? We're talking three weeks ago...you were the one who said the Flyers "can't match up" and "can't do squat" against the Sens and yet.....in their lone meeting thus far, the Flyers beat the Sens 5-3 on Ottawa's home ice. Now it all changes to "The Flyers can't do it when it matters most"......well, we were talking this season until that game was remembered, weren't we?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 02:52 PM
However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players.

That was just me who said that Josh and I admit, I was trying to mess with the Pen lovefest by stating that.....my apologies.

Of course they have more than Crosby....they have a couple of old Flyers in Recchi and LeClair as well.......and that's about it Nyah! Ha!

alkemical
11-14-2005, 02:55 PM
That was just me who said that Josh and I admit, I was trying to mess with the Pen lovefest by stating that.....my apologies.

Of course they have more than Crosby....they have a couple of old Flyers in Recchi and LeClair as well.......and that's about it Nyah! Ha!

Well Considering that Recchi came BACK to pitt..... :)

Leclair i thought was a good signing just for locker room stuff -

but watch out for orpik & whitney on the pens blue line - and malone - also wait till we get Malkin in the pens uni -

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Well Considering that Recchi came BACK to pitt..... :)

Touche.

alkemical
11-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Touche.

You know he got his name on the cup in Pitt too, right?

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 03:26 PM
You know he got his name on the cup in Pitt too, right?

Yeah so? 1991-92 was a very long time ago....it illustrates Recchi's age more than anything else now.

alkemical
11-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah so? 1991-92 was a very long time ago....it illustrates Recchi's age more than anything else now.

It illustrates that the last time there was hockey he was the flyers leading scorer -

Breck Bronc
11-14-2005, 05:51 PM

How do you think Philly felt seeing Foresberg in an Av's uni touted in his face year after year on these message boards?

It works both ways, so spare me this thin skin stuff.Lol, that trade happened 14 years ago and at least the Flyers got some great years from Lindros. Foppa never played in Philly. Give me a break on a point being missed, if it's that garbage.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Lol, that trade happened 14 years ago and at least the Flyers got some great years from Lindros. Foppa never played in Philly. Give me a break on a point being missed, if it's that garbage.

What? A fan can't be displeased by a bad front office move? Yeah it was 14 years ago, but so what? Foresberg had a lot more great years (plus a Cup) in Colorado than Philly had good years with Lindros as a result. You're telling me that Philly fans have no right to have been upset by that or be glad that Foresberg has returned to Philly? Get real.

Breck Bronc
11-14-2005, 06:13 PM
What? A fan can't be displeased by a bad front office move? Yeah it was 14 years ago, but so what? Foresberg had a lot more great years (plus a Cup) in Colorado than Philly had good years with Lindros as a result. You're telling me that Philly fans have no right to have been upset by that or be glad that Foresberg has returned to Philly? Get real.First, it's Forsberg. Second, it's two Cups.

The whole pointless argument is that we're just getting over the shock of losing Forsberg 3 months ago and I don't like seeing it plastered on a message board of a Denver team. It has nothing to do with what team he went to or was drafted by. If he signed with Pittsburgh and SoCal had him on his avatar I'd still be pissed.

Mtbrncofn
11-14-2005, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I'd agree more with you Hogan, if Forsberg had ever played for Philly, but he didn't. So it wasn't like you were missing out on something. They never even knew what having the 'something' was like....until now.

I can choose to have thin skin over it if I want to. I was asked about why I had the hatred now, and I explained. So if that makes me thin skinned, so be it.

FADERPROOF
11-14-2005, 06:55 PM

It works both ways, so spare me this thin skin stuff.

Another point being missed is that this is a Denver sports message board dominately, so you're a minority dealing with a bunch of Avs fans.

If this was a Philadelphia site for the Eagles or Phillies, and there were a lot of Flyers fans there, then yes you can talk about how Forsberg being in an Avs uniform is touting it in your face, but get real, you and Philly are the only 2 fans of the Flyers here against an arsenol of Avalanche fans.

Theres plenty of other Flyers players on that team, but it's Forsberg in the avatar, and were not supposed to think that it's a jab back at us?

FADERPROOF
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Yeah, I'd agree more with you Hogan, if Forsberg had ever played for Philly, but he didn't. So it wasn't like you were missing out on something. They never even knew what having the 'something' was like....until now.

...and if they didnt get a stud in Eric Lindros back from us, it's not like it was a big blunder of a move by the Philly front office by trading Forsberg to Quebec for a career back up or anything, Lindros was a great player and did a lot for that franchise.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Actually i think the MTL are the team to beat in the east. Not to mention Car -

It's so early in the season - my pens are a bit bad this year - but considering they were the 'worst' team in the NHL the last time there was a season - i sort of expect to see this now and then.

However saying that crosby is the ONLY person we have is a bit uneducated, and thus shows the lack of knowledge that philly fans (in particular) really know about hockey, or young hockey players. They got some young D guys that have some serious potential - and wReckin' ball is playing well this year, not to mention we have some good young talent like Ryan malone that really come up with clutch goals. It's a young team. The problem with the pens is too many offensive defensman who are soft (tarnstrom, jackman, gonchar) - and not enough grit and defensive ability. I think the goal tending is a bit soft - but we got two young guys in net that have good longterm upside (caron & fluery) - Tbone is less than desirable IMO.

For the last 10 years, the flyers have had one of the top teams in terms of talent on their roster, and each year, they can't seal the deal.Their best player IMO is D - Pikonen - Guy is probably the most vital cog for D and for special teams.

We're one period from going back to being 4 games under .500. Theyve played like **** the last 1 2/3 games. Very pathetic.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 07:49 PM
This is very exciting. Great OT period and a great 3rd period rally to tie it with goals by Crosby and Christensen.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Shootout time.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 07:58 PM
shootout tied 2-2 after 3 a piece. Sudden death shootouts now.

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Isles win at the 9th shooter in the shootout. Dammit we had 6 chances to win it in the damn shootout.

Bronx33
11-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Fun to watch that's for sure...

Breck Bronc
11-14-2005, 09:19 PM
Isles win at the 9th shooter in the shootout. Dammit we had 6 chances to win it in the damn shootout.Wow, I didn't know it went that deep into the shootout. Who were the goalies?

SoCalBronco
11-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow, I didn't know it went that deep into the shootout. Who were the goalies?

Thibeault and DiPietro.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 11:43 PM

I beg to differ. Forsberg's accomplishments far outweigh what that stiff Lindros ever brought to the Flyers.....one can't help to think what might have been if that deal was never made in the first place.

That's missing out big time.....kinda like dealing an unknown Randy Johnson for half a year of Mark Langston. When a front office doesn't recognize what they have when they deal a player and then that player goes on to do great things....fans tend not to get over it, even after 14 years.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 11:53 PM
Another point being missed is that this is a Denver sports message board dominately, so you're a minority dealing with a bunch of Avs fans.

Yeah, so?

If this was a Philadelphia site for the Eagles or Phillies, and there were a lot of Flyers fans there, then yes you can talk about how Forsberg being in an Avs uniform is touting it in your face, but get real, you and Philly are the only 2 fans of the Flyers here against an arsenol of Avalanche fans.

Theres plenty of other Flyers players on that team, but it's Forsberg in the avatar, and were not supposed to think that it's a jab back at us?

1) I can talk about Forsberg anytime and anywhere I choose.

2) Philly & I are hardly the only two Flyers fans on this site....there are many more here than just us two.

3) I don't have a Forsberg avatar so I can't say if Philly's or dbroncos31's is a direct jab at Av's fans or not. I can say if I had one, it wouldn't be intended as a jab to Av's fans but a kudos to a great player on the team I support......and if that bothers other fans, well...their preceptions are hardly my problem.

Hogan11
11-14-2005, 11:57 PM
...and if they didnt get a stud in Eric Lindros back from us, it's not like it was a big blunder of a move by the Philly front office by trading Forsberg to Quebec for a career back up or anything.

You've got to be kidding.

Lindros was a great player and did a lot for that franchise.

Like what?

alkemical
11-15-2005, 08:37 AM
Hogan, you are assuming that the flyers would have won a cup WITH forsberg.

You also forget the avs teams were stacked, HOF goalie, tons of talent - and good coaching.

The flyers helped to screw lindros when it came to his injuries - lindros when healthy was an AMAZING guy - he was a great offensive threat + had the ability to play very physical.

Then Kasperitis knocked him out, then Scott Stevens finished the job.

phillybroncosnut
11-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Jesus Christ Breck. Are you telling me that my sole intention for the avatar is to rub it in Av's fans faces? Get real bro.

tell you what, I hate Miami so..... Take your avatar down and I will switch my avatar.
Also, Chad Johnson torched us last time out so.... Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.
MT has a green snow mobile up. The Egirls are green so I hate that avatar as well. Her avatar must come down as well.

Sounds petty doesn't it? My setiments exactly!

If you can't handle my avatar, put me on ignore!

phillybroncosnut
11-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Hogan, you are assuming that the flyers would have won a cup WITH forsberg.

You also forget the avs teams were stacked, HOF goalie, tons of talent - and good coaching.

The flyers helped to screw lindros when it came to his injuries - lindros when healthy was an AMAZING guy - he was a great offensive threat + had the ability to play very physical.

Then Kasperitis knocked him out, then Scott Stevens finished the job.

They parayed that trade for Lindros to get that HOF goalie.

alkemical
11-15-2005, 10:28 AM
They parayed that trade for Lindros to get that HOF goalie.

Well then they out 'did' you, didn't they?

Jens1893
11-15-2005, 10:37 AM
Mention relocation or attendance issues in the NHL and the reflex for many is to rattle off teams in the Sunbelt as ones that are prime candidates to be rolled up and sent somewhere else like an old carpet.

The issue percolated again this week, when officials representing a new downtown arena in Kansas City, a group that includes Los Angeles Kings president Tim Leiweke, reiterated their desire to have an NHL team as their anchor tenant.

Specifically, Anschutz Entertainment Group would like to have Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins come to Kansas City when their new building opens in fall 2007. The Penguins play in the NHL's oldest building, the Mellon Arena, and the team has been embroiled in a lengthy battle with city and state officials over funding for a new arena that will be crucial to the team's future in Pittsburgh.

If the Penguins don't have a new arena in the offing when their lease ends at the end of the 2006-07 season, they'll be gone. Where they might end up will make for hours of debate -- another American, non-hockey market like Kansas City or a return to a hockey hotbed like Winnipeg, which has a new arena. But the topic leads to a broader discussion of franchise health and which teams can be expected to make it in the new NHL and which should start packing up.

Critics quickly toss out Atlanta, Nashville and Carolina as teams that ought to get the heave-ho. Yet early into this season, those teams have regularly outdrawn teams in so-called hockey markets like Chicago, Long Island, New Jersey and Buffalo.

The Islanders have been angling for a new arena to replace what many consider the worst rink on the circuit, the Nassau Veterans' Memorial Coliseum. And the Devils' new arena in Newark has been the subject of vigorous debate in New York state. But if the Islanders organization can't get its arena business in order, is that group any more deserving of a team than the Carolina Hurricanes'?

The Isles, winners of four straight Cups from 1980 to 1983, have averaged 12,948 through their first eight home games. They have one sellout and couldn't manage to sell out against the crosstown rival Rangers.

The Devils, winners of three Stanley Cups since 1995, have failed to sell out a single home game.

In Buffalo, the Sabres are averaging 15,711 through nine home games and boast two sellouts (against Montreal and Toronto), along with an embarrassing announced crowd of 8,552 against Washington.

And then there's Original Six member Chicago, which has one sellout and three home dates with fewer than 13,000 in attendance.

In three Southern markets, history has shown attendance jumps with the start of the holiday season and the end of the college football and NFL seasons. Through eight home games, the Hurricanes are averaging 14,934 with one sellout and the Thrashers have averaged 14,025 with one sellout. The Predators are averaging 14,261 with two sellouts through nine.

If we assume that "real" hockey towns would have embraced the new NHL instantly, as has been the case in Philadelphia, Detroit and all of the Canadian markets, then maybe we've misjudged the standing of the game in markets like Long Island, New Jersey and Buffalo. Or perhaps we've unfairly besmirched hockey fans in places like Carolina, Atlanta and Nashville.

-- Scott Burnside

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2223552

alkemical
11-15-2005, 10:50 AM
I think that Pitt will get the arena - although mario was mad that they didn't get the slots license yet -

Breck Bronc
11-15-2005, 12:50 PM
Jesus Christ Breck. Are you telling me that my sole intention for the avatar is to rub it in Av's fans faces? Get real bro.

tell you what, I hate Miami so..... Take your avatar down and I will switch my avatar.
Also, Chad Johnson torched us last time out so.... Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.
MT has a green snow mobile up. The Egirls are green so I hate that avatar as well. Her avatar must come down as well.

Sounds petty doesn't it? My setiments exactly!

If you can't handle my avatar, put me on ignore!I do appreciate the new suggested name. Jesus Christ Breck just might have to be my new handle.

I guess the entire argument hasn't been understood and I'm done talking about it.

I can handle your avatar, that was never in question.

FADERPROOF
11-15-2005, 01:51 PM

If he won't, then I will.

FADERPROOF
11-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Flyers fans = USC of the NHL.

Hogan11
11-15-2005, 02:27 PM
If he won't, then I will.

You just wanna keep stirring the pot.

Flyers fans = USC of the NHL.

Whatever.

Bronx33
11-15-2005, 02:53 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143159&hubname=nhl

TSN.ca Staff with Sportsticker/ESPN files

11/15/2005 12:44:07 PM

Los Angeles Kings forward Sean Avery has once again voiced his displeasure, lashing out at the NHL and suggesting the league is targeting him.

The league fined Avery $1,000 for diving during a game on Nov. 3, an infraction that was not called during the game.

"How can a guy sitting in an office in New York determine if you dived or not by watching a tape?" Avery told the Los Angeles Times. "They don't know if you had a bad ankle or torn bursa sac or something. I can't even tell you what play they are talking about. They don't have to tell you a play, just what game they are looking at."

According to the Times, Avery received a warning after he took a diving penalty in a game on Oct. 19.

"No question that this is a way to do something to me," Avery told the paper. "It has nothing to do with diving. How can (director of hockey operations) Colin Campbell, or whoever it is, sit at a desk and make that call? They should send the tape to all seven members of the competition committee and let them look at it."

The comments are just the latest in a string of controversial remarks by Avery, who told a Toronto sports radio The Fan 590 that league contraction would be good if European players were the ones who lost jobs.

"I think they can eliminate a lot of Europeans who are mediocre and are taking a lot of jobs," Avery told the station.

In an interview with TSN before the start of the season, Avery was quick to slam French-Canadian players after Denis Gauthier of the Phoenix Coyotes delivered a check in Sunday's preseason game that left Kings teammate Jeremy Roenick with the 11th documented concussion of his career.

"I think it was a clean hit," Avery told TSN. "I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up."

Avery later apologized for the comment, and the league didn't discipline him. NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly released a statement, calling Avery's remarks "insensitive" and added that "similar misconduct in the future would result in the imposition of league discipline."

The league could not yet be reached for comment on Avery's latest comments.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-15-2005, 03:07 PM
-- Scott Burnside

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2223552

Wow, a relocation article that doesn't mention the Caps. I'm guessing they just slipped his mind.

Elway 4 Life
11-15-2005, 04:06 PM
Mark your calendar boys and girls. November 23rd!!!

Jori
11-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Sergei Fedorov traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin. The Blue Jackets also receive a 2006 6th round pick from the Ducks.

Holy salary dump Batman!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143183&hubname=

FADERPROOF
11-15-2005, 04:52 PM
You just wanna keep stirring the pot.

Whatever.

stirring the pot?

Sorry, but you're not going to fool me into thinking that Philly didnt even think about how Colorado fans would react here if he put up a Forsberg avatar, I might be young but I'm not that naive.

You have plenty of other Flyers to chose from, but it's Peter Forsberg, and that thought never crossed his mind about how it could get under our skin? You'd have to really think we are dumb to believe that he's just using that avatar because Forsberg happens to be a Flyers player that is doing well for the team.

Was it the full intentions? Maybe not, but there is a an intention to rub it back in our faces here.

FADERPROOF
11-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Yeah, so?

Yeah, so?

Because if this were a Detroit message board, no one would give a ****!

If it were an Anaheim message board, no one would give a ****!

If it were a Dallas message board, no one would give a ****!

But it's not, it's a Denver message board with a lot of Avs fans that just lost a fan favorite and great player to your team, so that is why people give a **** around here.

FADERPROOF
11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Fade's avatar pisses me off. If he takes his avatar down (a Bengal on a Bronco site), I'll take mine down.

If you can't handle my avatar, put me on ignore!

;)

Clockwork Orange
11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Sergei Fedorov traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Tyler Wright and Francois Beauchemin. The Blue Jackets also receive a 2006 6th round pick from the Ducks.

Holy salary dump Batman!!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=143183&hubname=

It was just a matter of time. Fedorov got, what is considered now under the salary cap age, a bad contract from the Ducks. Then there's the matter of the possible bad feelings between the two after Cryin' Brian Burke didn't exactly get on well with Sergei's brother Fedor when both were with Vancouver.

Nash-Fedorov-Zherdev aint a bad top line at all when they're actually healthy.

dbroncos31
11-15-2005, 06:06 PM
i have Forsberg as a Flyer because he is arguably the best player on the Flyers. If it really pisses people off i'll get one of Gagne, but i feel that forsberg is the flyers' best player and i want to support him. it is in no way meant to piss you guys off. i am just supporting the best player on my favorite team. But again, if you really want me to, i'll change it.

Bronx33
11-15-2005, 06:22 PM
i have Forsberg as a Flyer because he is arguably the best player on the Flyers. If it really pisses people off i'll get one of Gagne, but i feel that forsberg is the flyers' best player and i want to support him. it is in no way meant to piss you guys off. i am just supporting the best player on my favorite team. But again, if you really want me to, i'll change it.

I remember when flyer fans and wings hated him and called him a classless diver for his whole tenture in colorado, i just find it ironic that the flyer could have had him and the stanley cup years ago and traded him because lindros was a bit**.

Clockwork Orange
11-15-2005, 06:37 PM
Nothing wrong with showing some excitement over having the best player in the world on your team. I'd wonder what was up with Flyer fans if a few of them didn't have Forsberg in their avatar.

dbroncos31
11-15-2005, 07:17 PM
I remember when flyer fans and wings hated him and called him a classless diver for his whole tenture in colorado, i just find it ironic that the flyer could have had him and the stanley cup years ago and traded him because lindros was a bit**.
i never called him a classless diver. In fact, i always liked him and always wished that we had never done that trade. Forsberg was probably my favorite non-flyer of the past 10 years. My other two favs were Sakic and Yzerman.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
Good night for Ovechkin, scores with 1:15 left in the 3rd to tie it and then scores the only goal in the shoot-out. He's 3 for 3 now in the shoot-out.

SoCalBronco
11-15-2005, 08:56 PM
Good night for Ovechkin, scores with 1:15 left in the 3rd to tie it and then scores the only goal in the shoot-out. He's 3 for 3 now in the shoot-out.

I was fortunate enough to catch the last few mins of that game. Nice goal in the closing minutes to tie by AO. I see youve got his little leap up near the boards from the game in your avatar now. Nice. His goal in the beginning of the shootout was good as well. He has what, like 14, 15 goals now?

Hercules Rockefeller
11-15-2005, 09:07 PM
I believe that was #14 tonight, with Sidney, Svatos and Steen next closest with 7.

alkemical
11-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Ovechkin is awesome - I"m glad the pens got crosby mind you - and the only thing is i don't think crosby has to be "the guy" - even though i think he's the pens best player -

but ovechkin is unreal - makes me drool to see what malkin can do when he comes to the pens.

Mtbrncofn
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I beg to differ. Forsberg's accomplishments far outweigh what that stiff Lindros ever brought to the Flyers.....one can't help to think what might have been if that deal was never made in the first place.

Philly and I had a good argument a couple of seasons ago with the whole Forsberg/Lindros thing. He argued that Lindros was the better player, I of course argued the other way. I don't know if you are only weighing the SC rings here or what, but Lindros was a good player when healthy. Yeah, so Lindros never won the Cup for Philly, but I'd hardly call him a stiff.

Ask Philly how he feels about Lindros. He beat me over the head with his stats continually, and I would hope he would still argue his points the same way if we were to have the same debate.

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Philly and I had a good argument a couple of seasons ago with the whole Forsberg/Lindros thing. He argued that Lindros was the better player, I of course argued the other way. I don't know if you are only weighing the SC rings here or what, but Lindros was a good player when healthy. Yeah, so Lindros never won the Cup for Philly, but I'd hardly call him a stiff.

Ask Philly how he feels about Lindros. He beat me over the head with his stats continually, and I would hope he would still argue his points the same way if we were to have the same debate.

I don't know what Philly's take on Lindros was.....me, I saw a guy with all the promise in the world that never delivered.....comparing him to Forsberg, well, I'd have to side with you on that one MT.

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Id say we are pretty damn lucky to be tied 0-0 after that first period. It was a ****ing Flyers shooting gallery. MAF is keeping us alive.

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 05:58 PM
This is ridiculous. Wake up offense and defense. Fluery is the only one showing up.

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Wow Hatcher decked him...hope he's ok.

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 06:51 PM
They did a good job on that goal...I'll give them that.

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
Sweet. Two quick goals. A goal and an assist for Crosby. Good job making up for your bad penalty earlier, Sid.

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 06:53 PM
That second one was a bullshat goal

Pezman
11-16-2005, 06:56 PM
So... I'm in a dilemma. The wifey's boss is the owner of the Anaheim Ducks and she is always getting tix from him in the nosebleed seats. However, for the Ducks vs Avs game we can upgrade one seat to two rows behind the glass on the side.

Here's the dilemma. Its only one ticket there and I've never been that close to the glass before. Do I dare take the seat for myself, and then sit right next to the owner of the organization in my Avs gear? Or should I give it to the wifey and let her schmooze with the corporates?

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Pitty with a goal, great pass by Forsberg...Flyers down by 1.

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 06:58 PM
So... I'm in a dilemma. The wifey's boss is the owner of the Anaheim Ducks and she is always getting tix from him in the nosebleed seats. However, for the Ducks vs Avs game we can upgrade one seat to two rows behind the glass on the side.

Here's the dilemma. Its only one ticket there and I've never been that close to the glass before. Do I dare take the seat for myself, and then sit right next to the owner of the organization in my Avs gear? Or should I give it to the wifey and let her schmooze with the corporates?

Do you have to wear your Avs gear?

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 06:59 PM
I really wish the Avs kept Forsberg. Damn.

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 07:00 PM

If it were me, I'd let the wife schmooze.

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
son of a bitch. Stop blowing ****ing leads

Hogan11
11-16-2005, 07:02 PM
Flyers tie it up!!!! Pitty again!

Pezman
11-16-2005, 07:04 PM
Do you have to wear your Avs gear?

It would be a sin not to :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
11-16-2005, 07:18 PM
this is a great game. Gotta steal at least a point.