PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 04:35 PM
i'm not sure WHO'D they would take, we have lots of young D - and if they want immediate help, they'd go with a forward.

Besides Whitney and Orpik, the Pens have the same young D that almost every other NHL team has, guys that could make it up permanently. They'd take Johnson, much harder to find first pairing D than it is to find wingers that can play on the top 2 lines.

Tredici
03-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Print By News Wire Reports
March 21, 2006

DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS: A particularly unsettling 7-3 home loss against the Detroit Red Wings in Vancouver, British Columbia, on Sunday night left Canucks fans considerably upset.

A lack of discipline by the Canucks resulted in unnecessary penalties and 11 power-play chances for Detroit, which converted only one.

The public backlash on Web sites was directed at coach Marc Crawford and forwards Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund.

The Canucks have lost six of their past seven and would be out of the Western Conference playoffs if they started today.

Discuss among yourselves.... Weren't those three staunchly defended heros not so long ago? There is that goes around, comes around thingee.

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 04:36 PM
It must be a special occasion for Tred to come back from hiatus. :)

Here you go, for old times sake.

http://slam.canoe.ca/2000NHLPlayoffsGalleryImages/may5_playoffs3.jpg

;D

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Discuss among yourselves.... Weren't those three staunchly defended heros not so long ago? There is that goes around, comes around thingee.

Part of it is that Vancouver simply is not as good as advertised. They never really have been. For some reason they've been considered amongst the league's elite teams despite the fact that they've won a grand total of one playoff series since their run to the Finals in '94.

Their goaltending is average at best even with a healthy Cloutier. They take far too many dumb penalties. Their stars have a habit of coming up small when the chips are down.

This really shouldn't come as any surprise and nothing will please me more than to see them headed for the golf course when the playoffs start.

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 04:43 PM
It must be a special occasion for Tred to come back from hiatus. :)

Here you go, for old times sake.

http://slam.canoe.ca/2000NHLPlayoffsGalleryImages/may5_playoffs3.jpg

;DWould it have killed Kelly or McNab to ask Deader about his knack for killing the Red Wings? It seemed like they kept asking the same question in different variations.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 04:48 PM
Would it have killed Kelly or McNab to ask Deader about his knack for killing the Red Wings? It seemed like they kept asking the same question in different variations.

Kelly is gone haynes is now Mcnabbs sidekick but i understand your question.

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Kelly is gone haynes is now Mcnabbs sidekick but i understand your question.Yeah, I meant Haynes. 9 seasons of typing Kelly and McNab got the best of me.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I meant Haynes. 9 seasons of typing Kelly and McNab got the best of me.

I was all ready to stop typing kelly after 9 years:rofl: ....

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 05:23 PM
i personally loved it tonight! The Ducks were sitting in 5th place before the Avs kings game but i think there are teams 5 - 10 all within striking distance. Giggy is back at his high as in when Ducks hit it to the Finals. This team is on fire right now. If this keeps up, AVS are in trouble come Wednesday. Ill be there and screw the Kings. Team is hurt more than any team in the NFL the last two seasons played. Walking wounded. Gutty 24 Champbailey but cant never get a full team together. Here is to the last 3 weeks! GO DUCKS!

The Ducks actually have fans? ;)

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Ehhh they are both about the same point wise i don't care who wins that one probably lean towards the nucks though.

Yikes. What are you thinkin, Bronx?

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 05:30 PM
If you looked closely at Deader, his body didn't appear much bigger. His face looked puffy to me. Kind of inclined to think he is still on some type of steroid regiment for the brain.

And - His wife was right behind him. NOT the overly oranged tanned with white bleached blonde hair woman towards the back. That may have been some family member but his wife is normal looking.

Can't believe those twins are 5 years old...

No one went to the net - and owned it like Deadmarsh.

Wow! Do my eyes deceive me?! Tred!! It's about freakin time!

It was a very cool ceremony, wasn't it? His cheapshot comment just made the whole thing.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Yikes. What are you thinkin, Bronx?

Just looking at the standings girl, like i said i woulf rather have the nuck one game beind us vs the oilers 1/2 games behind us.

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Just looking at the standings girl, like i said i woulf rather have the nuck one game beind us vs the oilers 1/2 games behind us.

Oops, I missed that one. Doh! Good point ya got there.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Oops, I missed that one. Doh! Good point ya got there.

Sorry about my typos i can't stop looking over at my new avatar..

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry about my typos i can't stop looking over at my new avatar..

I've even looked a time or two. I'm jealous of that ass.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I've even looked a time or two. I'm jealous of that ass.

Ummmmm WHAT? you say something? :~ohyah!:

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Ummmmm WHAT? you say something? :~ohyah!:
Pull the ass out of your ears and pay attention here. I should say, out of your eyes. :P

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 06:10 PM
Well as it sits right now after losing tanger is some players will have to raise the bar or we go down in a ball of fire, the good part is it seems sakic and duke ahve already made some moves as well as lappys line starting to gel. But most importantly budaj MUST start to play consistantly or the abouve mentioned factors won't mean squat unless they can out score the other team in a shootout.I would prefer a solid effort on both ends of the rink and winning these games outright.

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 06:16 PM
I would have thought Kolesnick would have started at least one game since the trade. Anyone else surprised? If the Budaj that showed up last night comes to play every game, we're in ok shape, if not.....yikes.

Get well soon, Tang.....and I mean it, really soon.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 06:56 PM
This was on the nucks hf board ...

03-21-2006, 04:39 PM · #63
Comfortably Numb

Dear Satan,

Enclosed in this letter is my soul - please let the Canucks make the playoffs.

From, CN

Pendejo
03-21-2006, 06:58 PM
holy crap, av fans were whining about injuries this year, if only we had ( insert player name) we would be contenders. Injuries are part of the game and I have no problem with it. Just when Frolov and Demitra come back we are a way better team.

Fine...we'll assume Avs fan is whining this year. The point was...it's tradition EVERY year for Kings fan to whine about injuries.

SoCalBronco
03-21-2006, 07:05 PM
We are down 3-1 to Ottawa right now.
Thank God. We cant afford to win this game with Herc's boys and St. Louis losing last night.

Jori
03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Andy Murray fired by the Kings!

"The Los Angeles Kings have relieved head coach Andy Murray and assistant Coach John Van Boxmeer of their coaching duties.
The Kings have hired new John Torchetti as interim head coach.
"The Kings would like to thank Andy Murray for his loyalty and dedication to our franchise over the last seven years," said general manager Dave Taylor.
"A decision of this magnitude is never easy and cannot be taken lightly. Ultimately, I have not been happy with the direction our hockey team has been going, and without making a change now, I didn't see that direction changing. We wish Andy and John Van Boxmeer the best of luck going forward.""

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159570&hubname=nhl

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Andy Murray fired by the Kings!

"The Los Angeles Kings have relieved head coach Andy Murray and assistant Coach John Van Boxmeer of their coaching duties.
The Kings have hired new John Torchetti as interim head coach.
"The Kings would like to thank Andy Murray for his loyalty and dedication to our franchise over the last seven years," said general manager Dave Taylor.
"A decision of this magnitude is never easy and cannot be taken lightly. Ultimately, I have not been happy with the direction our hockey team has been going, and without making a change now, I didn't see that direction changing. We wish Andy and John Van Boxmeer the best of luck going forward.""

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159570&hubname=nhl

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. During the home stretch of the season while the team is in the thick of the playoff hunt too.

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:02 PM
This was on the nucks hf board ...

03-21-2006, 04:39 PM · #63
Comfortably Numb

Dear Satan,

Enclosed in this letter is my soul - please let the Canucks make the playoffs.

From, CN

Bwahahahahahaaha!

Wow, that was kind of a rash move by the Kings, IMO.

Way to go Wild! Thanks for beating those Flamers for us.

Pendejo
03-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Wow. Didn't see that one coming. During the home stretch of the season while the team is in the thick of the playoff hunt too.

Yeah...that's odd. I think he had some problems with players...I know for sure he didn't get along with Avery...somehow I doubt that Avery is a coach killer though. Talent wise the Kings are pretty much where they should be. This is weird.

Didn't Murray come to the Kings from a prep school?

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:26 PM
I'd be surprised if anyone got along with that jackoff. Avery, that is.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Thank God. We cant afford to win this game with Herc's boys and St. Louis losing last night.

You guys so do not deserve to pick in the first 3 this year

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I think neither of your teams do. ;D

Pendejo
I'd be surprised if anyone got along with that jackoff. Avery, that is.

Yeah. I dislike that guy a great deal. Not the same way that I disliked Darren McCarty when he was with the wings, but in the way I feel about my ex-girlfriend's mother.

It was nice to see Hinote beat him upside his head a bit last night. It's just too bad that Hinote doesn't have any apparent punching power because he tagged him pretty square a few times. Then again perhaps the miscarriage that is Avery just has a hard head.

Every time he takes the ice he's only a stride or two away from a stupid penalty.

Hercules Rockefeller
Maybe the Avs should instead? That would be fair to all involved.

SoCalBronco
03-21-2006, 09:32 PM
You guys so do not deserve to pick in the first 3 this year

Top 3?

Im going to be fuming if we blow it and arent guaranteed the 2nd pick at worst.

;D

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Maybe the Avs should instead? That would be fair to all involved.

Your catchin on here, Herc. ;)

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:34 PM
Every time he takes the ice he's only a stride or two away from a stupid penalty.

That's the beauty of him....unless he's on your team of course. ;D

Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts? I had no clue he had that many goals! He's tied with Kovalchuk for 3rd.

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:37 PM
The Chokes win.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts?

Since Thornton started feeding him the puck

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 09:44 PM
That's quite a tandem they've got going there.

Hey Herc, since your boy wears a tinted visor...what is the reasoning behind it? I've seen Nash wear a yellow tinted one and a few others around the league with the plain tints.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 09:45 PM
I haven't seen a reason, I'd guess just to be different

Ray Finkle
03-21-2006, 09:54 PM
I haven't seen a reason, I'd guess just to be different

Darren Tourcotte (of the Rangers back in the 90's) wore a tinted visor, so did Theo Fleury....they did it to be different and they thought it shielded their eyes from the goalie...

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 11:03 PM
I haven't seen a reason, I'd guess just to be differentWhat a flavor clown :clown: . Man, I hate that saying.

I'm glad to see Andy Murray gone. I've disliked the guy since the 2001 playoffs. He and Bob Hartley had some memorable battles in the press during the '01 and '02 playoffs. I enjoyed Hartley making fun of Murray's height in 2002.

http://web.dailycamera.com/sports/hockey/avs02/april/28sanote.html

When asked what the exchange was about after the game, however, Hartley answered: "I can't even understand your question. You can listen to the radio, watch TV, read the papers and it's 'Andy, Andy, Andy,' all the time. He's the guy that gets the most coverage in the first round. You guys should focus on (Joe) Sakic, on (Rob) Blake, (Patrick) Roy, (Felix) Potvin, (Bryan) Smolinski, (Jason) Allison and (Ziggy) Palffy. Even his players are fully aware of this. I have no energy to even waste."

When prompted again about Murray, Hartley responded with, "Like I said, my parents always taught me not to waste time on four-foot-six guys. There's no sense even wasting time."

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 11:33 PM
I think all Avalanche fans should take a few minutes to peruse letsgokings.com. Back in 2001 and 2002 this site was headquarters for anti-Colorado smack. They were adamant that the Kings "won" the Blake trade.

The threads this morning before Murray's firing were great, now they're even better after Murray got the boot. Here's a hilarious thread on the gifts Deadmarsh received last night from the Kings and Avs (and some much deserved criticism for those who booed Sakic):

http://www.letsgokings.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=25633

Aaron Miller is in their doghouse right now, but 4 years ago he was supposedly better than Rob Blake. They're not too fond of Jeremy Roenick, either :rofl: .

broncocalijohn
03-22-2006, 12:57 AM
booing Blake (he didnt leave he was traded) is like Broncos fans booing Romo after we didnt sign him. Yes he went to Faiderville but he didnt leave because of money. Blake deserves class from Kings fans. He gave a ton to that franchise.

24champ
03-22-2006, 01:13 AM
What a flavor clown :clown: . Man, I hate that saying.

I'm glad to see Andy Murray gone. I've disliked the guy since the 2001 playoffs. He and Bob Hartley had some memorable battles in the press during the '01 and '02 playoffs. I enjoyed Hartley making fun of Murray's height in 2002.

http://web.dailycamera.com/sports/hockey/avs02/april/28sanote.html

When asked what the exchange was about after the game, however, Hartley answered: "I can't even understand your question. You can listen to the radio, watch TV, read the papers and it's 'Andy, Andy, Andy,' all the time. He's the guy that gets the most coverage in the first round. You guys should focus on (Joe) Sakic, on (Rob) Blake, (Patrick) Roy, (Felix) Potvin, (Bryan) Smolinski, (Jason) Allison and (Ziggy) Palffy. Even his players are fully aware of this. I have no energy to even waste."

When prompted again about Murray, Hartley responded with, "Like I said, my parents always taught me not to waste time on four-foot-six guys. There's no sense even wasting time."
yeah reminded me of Melrose and Pat Burns going at it in the 93 playoffs. Anyway I knew murray would get the axe but not during the season and not when we are in the middle of a hunt. Major Shakeup indeed.

alkemical
03-22-2006, 08:39 AM

haha, no doubt man.

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah...that's odd. I think he had some problems with players...I know for sure he didn't get along with Avery...somehow I doubt that Avery is a coach killer though. Talent wise the Kings are pretty much where they should be. This is weird.

Didn't Murray come to the Kings from a prep school?

The kings are just using the scapegoat method, remember when we fired hartley? is wasn't his fault the team was playing poorly but methods like this motivate teams. Problem is somebody gets their neck chopped in the the process.

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
That's the beauty of him....unless he's on your team of course. ;D

Since when did Cheechoo sneak up the goal leaders charts? I had no clue he had that many goals! He's tied with Kovalchuk for 3rd.

Cheechoo has having his best year ever the media is just stating to catch on that's why it's been so quit.

Tredici
03-22-2006, 12:10 PM
Part of it is that Vancouver simply is not as good as advertised. They never really have been. For some reason they've been considered amongst the league's elite teams despite the fact that they've won a grand total of one playoff series since their run to the Finals in '94.

Their goaltending is average at best even with a healthy Cloutier. They take far too many dumb penalties. Their stars have a habit of coming up small when the chips are down.

This really shouldn't come as any surprise and nothing will please me more than to see them headed for the golf course when the playoffs start.

I'm just glad to see there is some sense of reason. Whining about a clean hit which happens when you are vet skating throught the nuetral zone with your head down, inflaming the fan base about the incident to sell a couple more tickets, ignoring the rules of engagement, and eventually pile driving a guy's head into the ice ending his career are all acceptable and defendable behaviours. But losing 6 out of 7? Well, there you go.

Tredici
03-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Wow! Do my eyes deceive me?! Tred!! It's about freakin time!

It was a very cool ceremony, wasn't it? His cheapshot comment just made the whole thing.

To me the most disturbing part of the whole ceremony was Aaron Miller's hair. WTF?

Jori
03-22-2006, 01:44 PM
To me the most disturbing part of the whole ceremony was Aaron Miller's hair. WTF?
Tell me about it...blond hair doesn't work for everybody Millsie :rofl:

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 07:52 PM
GAME: Colorado Avalanche (38-25-6) at Anaheim Mighty Ducks (34-21-12).

TIME: Wednesday, 10:30 p.m. EST.

Colorado Avalanche center Joe Sakic has been moving his way up the NHL's all-time scoring list while trying to make sure his team doesn't drop in the playoff race. He might have to step up even more with the team's leading scorer sidelined.

Sakic looks to help the Avalanche remain ahead of Anaheim in the Western Conference standings when they visit the Mighty Ducks without the injured Alex Tanguay.

Tanguay, who leads the Avalanche with 74 points, including 26 goals, sprained his right knee during the first period of Sunday's 6-5 loss at San Jose. The team said Tuesday that tests revealed no further damage to the knee, and Tanguay is expected be out two-to-four weeks.

Sakic picked up a season-best four points Monday with two goals and two assists in Colorado's 5-0 win over Los Angeles. Sakic's first goal gave him 1,468 career points, moving him past Stan Mikita and into sole possession of 11th place on the all-time list.

His first assist, on Ian Laperriere's second-period goal, moved him past Bryan Trottier for 15th all time with 902.

"It's kind of nice, but I don't think I'm passing anybody else for a while," said Sakic, whose two goals came in a five-minute span in the first period. "I appreciate every moment that it happens."

Perhaps more importantly, Sakic's impressive night helped fifth-place Colorado end a two-game slide and remain two points ahead of the surging Mighty Ducks in the conference standings.

"We need every point we can get right now," Laperriere said. "We knew we needed a huge start. We just kept coming at them. That's one thing we weren't doing at the very beginning. We would take a good start and just maybe sit back, but tonight we went for 60 minutes."

Sakic, who ranks second on the team with 26 goals, 43 assists and 69 points, has four goals and four assists in his last four games.

"That's Joe Sakic. He's been carrying this team for years," Laperriere said. "When it's crucial time, that's where your captain shows up. He's been like that for weeks right now. He knows the games are so important."

The Mighty Ducks kept pace with their third straight win Monday, 2-1 over the Pacific Division-leading Dallas Stars. Samuel Pahlsson scored the tiebreaker with 3:15 left and helped keep Dallas' high-scoring centers Mike Modano and Jason Arnott without a point.

"He's a pro," coach Randy Carlyle said. "That's what he's here for ... (he's) capable of doing those things."

Anaheim, which won for the sixth time in seven games, wrapped up a 3-1-0 road trip.

"We're finding ways to win right now and that's the sign of a good team," goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere said. "We battled and battled after we fell behind. We used to hang our heads when we got down. Now we work even harder. The way we came back at the end, you can't call that fortunate."

Anaheim has lost five of its last seven meetings with Colorado, including both this season.

STANDINGS: Avalanche - 82 points, 2nd place, 2 PB, Northwest Division. Mighty Ducks - 80 points, 2nd place, 13 PB, Pacific Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Avalanche - Marek Svatos, 32 goals; Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Laperriere, 103 PIM. Mighty Ducks - Teemu Selanne, 29 goals and 65 points; Scott Niedermayer, 44 assists; Todd Fedoruk, 147 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Avalanche - Power play: 19.2 percent (79 for 411), 5th in NHL. Penalty killing: 84.4 percent (315 for 373), 7th. Mighty Ducks - Power play: 16.4 percent (65 for 397), 21st. Penalty killing: 84.3 percent (359 for 426), 8th.

GOALTENDERS: Avalanche - Peter Budaj (10-8-4, 2 SO, 2.64 GAA); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 3.29). Mighty Ducks - Giguere (22-10-11, 2, 2.53); Ilya Bryzgalov (12-11-1, 1, 2.58).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: Nov. 18; Avalanche, 3-2. At Anaheim, Calif., Svatos scored the game-winner with 5:58 left and Sakic had two assists.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Avalanche - 17-17-1 on the road; Mighty Ducks - 20-9-5 at home.

Pendejo
03-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Whoooaaaa Avs!!!

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 08:50 PM
joe PP goal!

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 09:10 PM
3-1 avs.... joe, Mclean and laaks

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 09:38 PM
Ducks diving left and right......

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
GOOD GAWD! Q P***** me off!

Pendejo
03-22-2006, 10:43 PM
The PK is atrocious tonight, and everytime Breeze-by touches the puck he either passes it softly in front of the Av's net or he simply turns it over.

Really soft on the penalty kill tonight. Budaj's been helpless on the goals scored.

24champ
03-22-2006, 10:56 PM
how did the avs let a 3 goal lead slip away? Well I guess Budaj was brought back to earth in this game.

SoCalBronco
03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Huge penalty shot upcoming by the Ducks in OT

24champ
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Avs blew it, haha.

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
We officially stink.......

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 11:05 PM
Avs blew it, haha.

fortunately not as bad as the kings........:thumbsup:

Mtbrncofn
03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Avs blew it, haha.
We didn't totally blow it. We picked up a point. Better than the points your team picked up the other night....oh wait, that's right they didn't pick up any. :rofl:

ClevelandBronco
03-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Looks like Jose and Tangs might heal just in time to watch us miss the playoffs.

Budaj isn't the guy who can be the last line of defense on a team that's as wounded as the Avs are.

I'm not saying that the loss was on Budaj, but I am saying that perhaps Blake and Liles aren't comfortable enough to crash down and shoot knowing that if they miss and there's a breakaway to the other end, all that's left is Budaj trying to stop a guy with the puck. He hasn't shown any ability to handle that kind of pressure, whether it's on a breakaway, in a shootout, or on tonight's penalty shot.

Look, don't mind me. Maybe it was the years of rooting for Cleveland teams that made me into something of a worst-case-scenario kind of guy.

Mtbrncofn
03-22-2006, 11:35 PM
Blake had a great game tonight. Can't blame a lot on him.

Bronx33
03-22-2006, 11:39 PM
We are first round exits, we have too many holes and it's caught up with us.

The good news is: We still have my avatar.

ClevelandBronco
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM

And there's no way I would. He was doing his main job, laying guys down and taking them off the puck as long as it lasted. Skrastins came to work tonight as well.

24champ
03-22-2006, 11:54 PM
We didn't totally blow it. We picked up a point. Better than the points your team picked up the other night....oh wait, that's right they didn't pick up any. :rofl:
yeah thats true, we definetly sucked the other night but remind me how did the Avs do in the other three games we played? Bow down to the Kings LOL

Mtbrncofn
03-22-2006, 11:56 PM
We are first round exits, we have too many holes and it's caught up with us.

The good news is: We still have my avatar.

I think you better remove that damn avatar. You're putting too much time into staring at it and the Avs need some good karmic support.

Come on now, you know that Jose and Tang will be back and we'll at least make the second round. :pray:

I can hope, right? I'm trying to be positive here!

24champ
03-22-2006, 11:57 PM
fortunately not as bad as the kings........:thumbsup:
im fine with it, i would be steaming mad if we gave up a 3 goal lead. You dont see that in hockey alot.

Mtbrncofn
03-22-2006, 11:57 PM
yeah thats true, we definetly sucked the other night but remind me how did the Avs do in the other three games we played? Bow down to the Kings LOL

Could you remind me whose team's on the outside looking in when it comes to playoff standings? ;D

Breck Bronc
03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
The Ducks are going to be a scary team in the playoffs. I'd want no part of them or San Jose. I think we'll finish 7th and play the Stars, which I don't mind. There's no shootout in the playoffs and almost a quarter of their wins have come in the shootout.

I was not pleased with the officiating tonight. Anaheim's first goal came after a dive by Selanne and then another Ducks player dove to send Turgeon to the box. The penalty on Brad Richardson at the end of the second period was a terrible call and ended up giving Anaheim life to start the 3rd period with a goal.

Patrice Brisebois also killed us with his dumb decision to shoot the puck out of the rink and give Anaheim a 5-on-3.

The schedule for Colorado get much easier with St. Louis on the road and then a bunch of home games including a couple against teams like Phoenix, Chicago, St. Louis and Minnesota. Take care of business then and we'll make the playoffs easily.

Mtbrncofn
03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
And there's no way I would. He was doing his main job, laying guys down and taking them off the puck as long as it lasted. Skrastins came to work tonight as well.
As did Joey. I hope he can keep up this awesome play he's resurrected as of late.

24champ
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
Could you remind me whose team's on the outside looking in when it comes to playoff standings? ;D
i know, we have alot of important games coming up. We will see if the coaching change does anything. I hope it refocuses all the players and brings their intensity up because i didnt see it in the avs game, and that is why Murray got the axe.

Mtbrncofn
03-23-2006, 12:02 AM
i know, we have alot of important games coming up. We will see if the coaching change does anything. I hope it refocuses all the players and brings their intensity up because i didnt see it in the avs game, and that is why Murray got the axe.

Hey, I was just wondering how Luongo is workin out for you guys? Ha!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You were just sure your Kings were going to land him, remember.

Breck Bronc
03-23-2006, 12:05 AM
yeah thats true, we definetly sucked the other night but remind me how did the Avs do in the other three games we played? Bow down to the Kings LOLKeep enjoying those 3 early season wins. Maybe one day the Kings will give a painting depicting one of those victories over Colorado to Mathieu Garon when he retires. Kind of like giving Adam Deadmarsh a painting of your only playoff series win in over a decade.

24champ
03-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Hey, I was just wondering how Luongo is workin out for you guys? Ha!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. You were just sure your Kings were going to land him, remember.
Panthers pulled out of the deal, it was a nice offer. Bunch of prospects and Garon for Luongo. We will try and get him in the off-season again since we can pay him what he wants.

Bronx33
03-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Panthers pulled out of the deal, it was a nice offer. Bunch of prospects and Garon for Luongo. We will try and get him in the off-season again since we can pay him what he wants.

Iam hopin luongo #1 and theodore #2 :approve: both on the avs.

24champ
03-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Iam hopin luongo #1 and theodore #2 :approve: both on the avs.
couldnt afford both. I dont know how much Theo makes but I understand it is alot. Luongo is looking for the big payday and the Kings can offer that kind of payday.

Mtbrncofn
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I think Haynes is a germophobe. Did you all hear him freaking out over the guy just grabbing the new whistle and putting it straight in his mouth?

It was darn funny to listen to him panicking over it.

24champ
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
Keep enjoying those 3 early season wins. Maybe one day the Kings will give a painting depicting one of those victories over Colorado to Mathieu Garon when he retires. Kind of like giving Adam Deadmarsh a painting of your only playoff series win in over a decade.
when you give joe sakic a painting, he will probably be in a Quebec Nordiques jersey since thats where the avs are from.

ClevelandBronco
03-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I dont know how much Theo makes…

4.5 million.

http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=5574

Pendejo
03-23-2006, 12:53 AM

Yeah. Unfortunately his only mistake wound up right on Niedemayer's (sp?) stick and thus found the twine.

The Avs just didn't have any jump or play with any type of a frenzy after Turgeon's goal. The Ducks had a lot more energy. The positive is they did get a point out of this debacle. The negative is that on this three game California swing they've scored 14 goals...but only managed to take 3 of a possible 6 points. Good thing the Kings are inept. The two points resulting from that stomping are important.

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2006, 01:00 AM
They looked like the early season Avs out there tonight. Build a nice lead and then watch it vanish before their very eyes.

At least they salvaged a point out of it. ::)

Jori
03-23-2006, 05:41 AM
Don't expect Luongo to go anywhere. All Luongo wanted was the Panthers to show that they had a committment to winning and they did that by resigning Jokinen.

Budaj is too up and down. Other then the two wins in a row against Chicago and Calgary he's either shut you out or gave up five plus goals. Yet, he isn't to blame if the Avs miss the playoffs, it's Lacroix and Quenneville who couldn't get Aebischer out of Denver fast enough. To be so arrogant and thinking it will be easy to make the playoffs with two rookies in a tight Western Conference.

If Theo's contact wasn't so hideous, the Avs would have been able to make some major changes on the blueline this summmer (which it needs to do). How the coaching staff thinks that Breezeby playing on the PK is a good idea is beyond me.

Breck Bronc
03-23-2006, 06:37 AM
when you give joe sakic a painting, he will probably be in a Quebec Nordiques jersey since thats where the avs are from.
You're right. And Martin Brodeur will get one with him in a Colorado Rockies jersey (And Kobe in a Minneapolis Lakers and Gagne in a Brooklyn Dodgers jersey, etc).

Smiling Assassin27
03-23-2006, 08:09 AM
truly a schizo performance from the avs. thought they had turned the corner defensively with that shutout.

Tredici
03-23-2006, 08:58 AM

Isn't that what Deadmarsh should've been wearing?

Brilliant.

bronco militia
03-23-2006, 09:00 AM
<cough><cough> the avs choke on a Duck last night

ugh!

go nugs

Tredici
03-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Don't expect Luongo to go anywhere. All Luongo wanted was the Panthers to show that they had a committment to winning and they did that by resigning Jokinen.

Budaj is too up and down. Other then the two wins in a row against Chicago and Calgary he's either shut you out or gave up five plus goals. Yet, he isn't to blame if the Avs miss the playoffs, it's Lacroix and Quenneville who couldn't get Aebischer out of Denver fast enough. To be so arrogant and thinking it will be easy to make the playoffs with two rookies in a tight Western Conference.

If Theo's contact wasn't so hideous, the Avs would have been able to make some major changes on the blueline this summmer (which it needs to do). How the coaching staff thinks that Breezeby playing on the PK is a good idea is beyond me.

Budaj plays exactly like what he is right now. A kid who has the ability to be a decent backup. He might develop into someone who can take the net every night in the future but it's obvious he isn't ready.

When does that 28 days expire? I think we may see a remarkable recovery from Jose in conjunction with that timing.....

Tredici
03-23-2006, 09:04 AM
<cough><cough> the avs choke on a Duck last night

ugh!

go nugs

I know! Flip, flip, flip between channels. Fun. Fun. Fun. Suddenly it looks tense on both fronts. But the Nugs pull it out and the Avs? Score 14 goals in three games and come away with 3 points. The natural order of things are shifting...

bronco militia
03-23-2006, 09:08 AM
I know! Flip, flip, flip between channels. Fun. Fun. Fun. Suddenly it looks tense on both fronts. But the Nugs pull it out and the Avs? Score 14 goals in three games and come away with 3 points. The natural order of things are shifting...

I'm afraid so....thank god the avs are only 1 point out of 1st, but why does it feel like I'm watching a last place team all the time?

Bronx33
03-23-2006, 09:58 AM
couldnt afford both. I dont know how much Theo makes but I understand it is alot. Luongo is looking for the big payday and the Kings can offer that kind of payday.

I was joking..

24champ
03-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Budaj plays exactly like what he is right now. A kid who has the ability to be a decent backup. He might develop into someone who can take the net every night in the future but it's obvious he isn't ready.

When does that 28 days expire? I think we may see a remarkable recovery from Jose in conjunction with that timing.....
i thought budaj was a good goalie when i saw him play. He was lights out IMO and he is a solid young goalie. He is a rookie so he is getting better everyday and in time should be a solid goalie.

alkemical
03-23-2006, 11:03 AM
it takes a while for goalies to get there

Tredici
03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Which is why I say right now his ability level is as a solid backup. He's not ready to take the net every night.

Bronx33
03-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Good Gawd! watch this fight......

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingopinion/archives/005905.php

Here's what Tasker had to say after the fight:

The one thing I remember the most about this fight was that I was thinking to myself (when I was punching him): I am hitting this guy as hard and as fast as I can and he's not dropping. It was like hitting a wooden post and it just wouldn't budge. The final part of the fight I got some combos going and some rhythm and was lucky enough to end up putting him down. It was fantastic for me, because I was the home town guy and my folks were there too.

Bronx33
03-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I take it Tim is pi**ed....

http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/nhl/kings/la-sp-elliott22mar22,1,2629790.column?coll=la-headlines-sports-nhl-kings&ctrack=1&cset=true

The Kings long ago stopped listening to Andy Murray. He'd worn them out, pushing them past the point at which they paid attention to his fiery speeches or the strategy sheets and inspirational messages he'd slip under their hotel room doors.

But Tim Leiweke, the Kings' chief executive, on Tuesday issued a message they cannot ignore.

ADVERTISEMENT
Play hard. Play with pride. Make the playoffs, or be gone.

And that applies as much to General Manager Dave Taylor as to any player.

On the day Taylor fired Murray, the day the Kings slipped out of a playoff spot, Taylor became the next figure on the firing line.

And don't think Leiweke will hesitate to pull the trigger if the Kings can't climb past Vancouver or the Mighty Ducks and salvage something from this sour season.

Taylor gave Murray enough time to find new ways to deliver his message after nearly seven seasons. He could not.

Taylor gave him time to revamp a poorly organized power play — please, no more dump-and-chase with a man advantage — but Murray, sometimes too ostentatious about his hard work and long hours, never found time to fix that crucial element. Nor did Murray take the power-play portfolio away from assistant John Van Boxmeer, who lacked creativity and vision and was also fired.

Taylor, and by extension Leiweke, gave Murray more time and resources than any King coach before him, but the wait for the Stanley Cup is 38 years and counting.

"It's probably the right decision, but in part, shame on the players," Leiweke said by telephone from New York, where he was tending to business involving another tentacle of the AEG empire.

"Shame on Jeremy Roenick for not sticking his nose in every night. Shame on the players who laid Andy out to dry. They'd better perform now.

"Dave had no choice. I'm not saying Andy did everything right, because he didn't. But it wasn't a lack of effort on his part. I want every player to look in the mirror, and only a few can say they gave 100%. We've got 12 games left and now what this does is it sends a message to Dave and everybody that we're not going to accept losing. You want to blame Andy? Andy's gone. I'm very curious to see what they say now."

Leiweke said he apologized to owner Phil Anschutz, who bought the Kings a decade ago merely to get a foothold into the Los Angeles real estate market and has since absorbed losses of about $250 million on a club that has won one playoff series during his tenure. Although the Kings may be little more than a tool for Anschutz, they have deeper meaning to Leiweke. He's tied to them emotionally, and although he's not as involved in day-to-day operations as he was initially, he can't sever that connection.

He's not shy about expressing his feelings and he might not be politically correct, but Leiweke authorized the investment of serious money into building the farm system Taylor wanted. He trusted Taylor. The question is whether Taylor deserves it.

Maybe Taylor should have dismissed Murray sooner, and that will go on the minus side of the ledger if the Kings can't recover in the next 12 games. So too will Taylor's errors in judging players, the area in which he, as a former player, is supposed to be an expert. The list includes Roman Cechmanek, Roenick, Anson Carter and, perhaps, Mark Parrish. Throw in Olli Jokinen, maybe. And not retaining Rob Blake, Mathieu Schneider or Philippe Boucher, who have energized power plays in Colorado, Detroit and Dallas, respectively. How many more mistakes is Taylor entitled to make?

Perhaps he and Murray made too many errors for the Kings to regroup this season. Leiweke had promised that it would be a good one.

The Kings, he said, could compete on equal footing with the rest of the league because of the new economic system, and because years of investing in a farm system had finally produced results. But a fast start has faded to a horrible end, and Leiweke said he's not willing to accept injuries as an excuse.

Nor should he.

"Our fans deserve better. I failed them miserably and I apologize," he said. "I think our team's burned out. I'm not saying Andy was perfect. He wasn't. But he's not the guy you put all of our problems on.

"The game Monday night, a lot of guys didn't show up. You can't put that on Andy. They're paid a lot of money to show up. I'm kicking myself and saying I blew it. Every player had better be saying the same thing, but Andy's the only guy paying tonight.

"We as an organization have to do better. It's inexcusable. I don't blame our fans for being frustrated. I think what fans will see is that winning is what we're demanding. Losing is not acceptable."

Taylor insisted that the Kings "can get things turned around from now to the end of the year."

If not, it's his job.

Pendejo
03-23-2006, 01:13 PM
Which is why I say right now his ability level is as a solid backup. He's not ready to take the net every night.

Absolutely correct.

Although I think it goes without saying that the Av's defense as a whole isn't ready to take the ice every night.

Smiling Assassin27
03-23-2006, 01:51 PM
line up for the fire sale!

Tredici
03-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Absolutely correct.

Although I think it goes without saying that the Av's defense as a whole isn't ready to take the ice every night.

Blake has been everywhere. Lyles plays hard. Skrastins apparently thinks falling on the ice and blocking shots is smart defensive play. Sure do miss the grit of Adam FooteLongNose.

broncocalijohn
03-23-2006, 04:55 PM
how did the avs let a 3 goal lead slip away? Well I guess Budaj was brought back to earth in this game.

HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!

Swedish Extrovert
03-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Paul Karyia is not a trader.... he choose to sign with Colorado.. and then again he CHOOSE to sign in Nashiville, I wouldent call him a trader.

Breck Bronc
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!Is Trader Paul Kariya in any way related to Trader Jack McKeon?

Swedish Extrovert
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
For some reason, I think he means Traitor....

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Ovechkin nets his 45th in the 1st period against Tampa.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Ovechkin nets his 45th in the 1st period against Tampa.

He's got 42 assists right now, and Zubrus has 41 points. If that holds, I believe he'd be the first player in NHL history to have the lower of his goals or assists still be more than anyone else on the team has points.

Edit: Another assist along with Zubrus.

So 45-43-88 to 16-26-42

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2006, 07:50 PM
And there's his 46th goal of the season.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2006, 07:51 PM
13 points clear now

Pendejo
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
Blake has been everywhere. Lyles plays hard. Skrastins apparently thinks falling on the ice and blocking shots is smart defensive play. Sure do miss the grit of Adam FooteLongNose.

Blake had one lapse last night, and it resulted in an immediate goal. You're right though...he's playing very well. Why not? He's Rob Blake. Liles is a nice young defenseman, and Skrastins is pretty steady. After that the Avs are very weak. I have no idea what Brisbois is still doing in the league...he flat out sucks. Was Sauer even worth getting for Skoula? Clark is what he is.

That's overall a very weak blueline. Add that to the uncertainty in the net, and the Avs are where they are. They can still score goals even with some pretty good players out for the year. Too many lapses, and right now their netminder isn't always bailing them out.

How many games has Foote played this year? I know he missed some time. He plays with a very mean spirit. It was a big blow to let him go. Perhaps even bigger than losing Forsberg.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Damn it Caps, lose the game the regulation and don't wait until 40 seconds into OT

Pendejo
03-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Damn it Caps, lose the game the regulation and don't wait until 40 seconds into OT

The Caps have a bright future. They'll be in the conversation again soon. They'd have to really F themselves up for things to turn out otherwise. They've got a franchise player in Ovechkin...a cornerstone...they'll be all right.

SoCalBronco
03-23-2006, 08:49 PM

http://learning.cc.hccs.edu/Members/cschweitzer/images/mrburns.jpg

The Caps hang around long enough to get a point....Exxxxxxccccellent!!

Smithers....how's St. Louis doing? Chicago?

Uh sir, St. Louis is getting raped and Chicago is down a goal.

Dammit! Oh well...we cant afford to beat the Isles tomorrow.

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
You guys remind me of Rachel Phelps, the Cleveland Indians owner from Major League. ;D

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2006, 08:57 PM
The Caps have a bright future. They'll be in the conversation again soon. They'd have to really F themselves up for things to turn out otherwise. They've got a franchise player in Ovechkin...a cornerstone...they'll be all right.

They need another year or two at the bottom. They've got their offensive cornerstone, but they need at the minimum another F or C to feed/score with Ovechkin and a defensive cornerstone.

Pendejo
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
They need another year or two at the bottom. They've got their offensive cornerstone, but they need at the minimum another F or C to feed/score with Ovechkin and a defensive cornerstone.

Yes...in the mean time they can't draft high, and make some moves in free agency. They're going to have to be very determined to suck...in order to fvck up what they have with Ovechkin.

To hell with it...it's a team game....for your sake Herc...may the Caps lose their remaining games in the second period.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-23-2006, 09:07 PM
To hell with it...it's a team game....for your sake Herc...may the Caps lose their remaining games in the second period.

As long as Ovechkin hits 100 points in the process, damn straight.

Mtbrncofn
03-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Quite the game going on here between the Oil and Nucks.

Unfortunately those idiot Nucks just won in the SO on a goal by none other than Clodd.

24champ
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
HELLO AVS FANS! I love the play by play here as the game in person was awesome. Why your team lost and gave up three goals? Try not having a shot on goal in the third for 13 minutes! Not to mention the Great Mighty Ducks had 3 of 5 on the Power play. Nice defense! One point down for 5th. I think 4th is out of reach so here is to 5th. I would love the Ducks to match up against that trader Paul Kariya. Pay Back! I warned you. They are clicking at the right time. Just like 3 years ago. If there is a Avs Ducks match up ( we need to both beat the home advantage teams), we can have a Hockey tailgate in anaheim for those that will travel. ChampBailey24 can even be a Ducks fan since his team is on the verge of tanking it!
screw the ducks, i have been invited to alot of ducks games and I always root against them. Secondly they cant even fill up half the pond. What makes you think a tailgate can be organized.LOL

As for the Avs, I dont like them any better but I do like them when they play against the Red Wings, now there is a team everyone hates. Anyway Kings have their own problems and im praying we got our sh!t together since we fired Murray. Im intrigued to see how the team plays on Sat. against the preds.

"The game Monday night, a lot of guys didn't show up. You can't put that on Andy. They're paid a lot of money to show up. I'm kicking myself and saying I blew it. Every player had better be saying the same thing, but Andy's the only guy paying tonight.

"We as an organization have to do better. It's inexcusable. I don't blame our fans for being frustrated. I think what fans will see is that winning is what we're demanding. Losing is not acceptable."

No sh!t i was calling out the players for not playing with intensity. Hopefully we will get our crap together, if not then Taylor is getting the axe.

Mtbrncofn
03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
The Great Mighty Ducks. Hilarious! There are some words that just don't go together.

Yeah, I must say the Ducks fan base is very much on the lame end. There were quite a few empty seats in there, not as bad as the Blues that I saw tonight though. Yikes.

broncocalijohn
03-24-2006, 01:19 AM
Paul Karyia is not a trader.... he choose to sign with Colorado.. and then again he CHOOSE to sign in Nashiville, I wouldent call him a trader.

He is a trader to us Ducks fans as he went on about how "we" were going to come back and take it a step further, etc. during the fan rally after the 7th game loss. He then promptly bailed out to the AVS. We would have taken him back this year to be with his friend Selanne, but choose to go to that mecca of sports fanatics, Nashville. He was with the Ducks since there 2nd year and was everything we had (Selanne later). He could of been Carl Yaz of Baseball or Elway of football being a town hero and staying in one spot. He gave us hope for the future then turned his back on us. Yes, he is a trader in my eyes.

24champ
03-24-2006, 01:51 AM
The Great Mighty Ducks. Hilarious! There are some words that just don't go together.

Yeah, I must say the Ducks fan base is very much on the lame end. There were quite a few empty seats in there, not as bad as the Blues that I saw tonight though. Yikes.
The only games I saw personally at the Pond was the Red Wings awhile ago and all the Kings game. They sell out when the Kings show up at the Pond and the Red Wing fans come out to the Pond in large numbers. The rest of the games ive been to the Pond isnt even half-full.

broncocalijohn
03-24-2006, 02:39 AM
The only games I saw personally at the Pond was the Red Wings awhile ago and all the Kings game. They sell out when the Kings show up at the Pond and the Red Wing fans come out to the Pond in large numbers. The rest of the games ive been to the Pond isnt even half-full.

You are so full of it. They had over 15k last night out of 17174. Earlier this year it was around 13 to 14k. Yes, Kings draw better. Maybe with the success of the Angels people are paying more attention to baseball even though both leagues dont over lap that much. Attendance is up almost everywhere. The passion for hockey here isnt what it was. But, dont give me the half full crap. You're just an angry Kings fan. The only remedy for you is more cowbell.

Jori
03-24-2006, 05:17 AM
Am I wrong? Didn't Anaheim CHOOSE to not qualify Kariya after the 02-03 season, thus making him an unrestricted free agent? You live by the sword...you die by the sword. We know there is a fine line when it comes to loyalty in sports, but Anaheim took a chance that Kariya would stay for less money and it back-fired. If that makes him a traitor, then there are lots of traitors in sports.

I'm willing to guess that Kariya will get the Rob Blake treatment tonight in Anaheim. Should be a good game tonight. A nice night cap after all the great college hockey games this afternoon.

Tredici
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Am I wrong? Didn't Anaheim CHOOSE to not qualify Kariya after the 02-03 season, thus making him an unrestricted free agent? You live by the sword...you die by the sword. We know there is a fine line when it comes to loyalty in sports, but Anaheim took a chance that Kariya would stay for less money and it back-fired. If that makes him a traitor, then there are lots of traitors in sports.

I'm willing to guess that Kariya will get the Rob Blake treatment tonight in Anaheim. Should be a good game tonight. A nice night cap after all the great college hockey games this afternoon.

Please do not confuse educated fans with the details....

Bronx33
03-24-2006, 10:00 AM

You jori are correct...

Tredici
03-24-2006, 10:06 AM
When it comes to hockey I don't think anyone should mess with the jori-anator. You've heard of T2? I think Jori is :strong: J2.

alkemical
03-24-2006, 10:36 AM
well colby armstrong has been a pleasent suprise for my pens. I think he and malone could be solid 3rd liners, and armstrong could develop into a good PK/PP specialist as well.

Malone has scored some clutch goals, he could be a good 3rd line centre. With crosby, ouellet, malkin, armstrong, whitney, orpik, malone & fluery - with welch in the system (i think he gets a shot to start next year) - the pens have a nice solid foundation they are getting setup.

24champ
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM

thats going to leave a mark! grilled duck anyone?

alkemical
03-24-2006, 12:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2382223

Penguins star Crosby tires of marked man talk

ITTSBURGH -- Sidney Crosby rarely turns down an interview request, and the 18-year-old rookie phenom is always polite and accommodating with the media.

Crosby

But constant questions about being a marked man in the NHL has made him a bit agitated.

"I think it's kind of getting old talking about it, to be honest with you," Crosby said of an alleged slight against him by officials and opponents. "It's something where we just have to play hockey and not worry about the officials, who we have total confidence in."

Crosby was at the center of another controversy Tuesday night after receiving an apparent knee-on-knee hit from Ottawa defenesman Andrej Meszaros late in the Senators' 5-2 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Crosby didn't know what to make of the hit, but it was a heavy topic of conversation among his teammates.

Winger Tomas Surovy, who is not known for his physical play, immediately attacked Meszaros and received a fighting major.

"It's good to see guys sticking up for one another," Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik said. "Everyone gets along in this room, and if you see one of our guys take a cheap shot, we will go after him."

____

Crosby's done well at shutting his yap through the last half of the season. It's also nice to see the players sticking up for each other. He also plays so freaking hard every nite.

Jori
03-24-2006, 12:57 PM
When it comes to hockey I don't think anyone should mess with the jori-anator. You've heard of T2? I think Jori is :strong: J2.
Oh my :curtsey:

I don't claim to be all knowing or an expert (I'm not), but that made me giggle ;D

Jori
03-24-2006, 01:43 PM
New Jersey Devils to purchase Lock Monsters

Lowell Lock Monsters
Press Release
For immediate release on 3/22/06

New Jersey Devils to purchase Lock Monsters
Controlling interest sold by owner Elkin McCallum

Lowell, Mass. – Elkin McCallum, owner of the Lowell Lock Monsters announced today that he has signed a letter of intent to sell a controlling interest in the hockey team to the New Jersey Devils subject to specific terms and conditions.

“From the time that I announced my plans to sell the franchise, I have worked very hard to find a buyer who would commit to keeping the team in Lowell.”

“I am pleased to report that I have an agreement with the management of the New Jersey Devils to purchase the Lock Monsters and they have committed to keeping the team in Lowell through the 2007-2008 season,” stated McCallum.

“A number of significant details remain to be worked out including the negotiation of a two year lease and the success of the ongoing effort by the Citizens Committee to sell 1,500 additional season tickets,” continued McCallum.

“I want to personally thank all of those individuals who felt from the beginning that saving the Lock Monsters was important to the community.”

“More importantly, I want to thank all of our dedicated fans for their support over these many years.”

Completion of the sale is expected in late April 2006.

http://lockmonsters.com/fullstory.php?id=454

The Avs only had a one-year agreement, but what's certain is that they wont be in Lowell next year. Where will they be? Location and expenses will likely prevent an AHL team to be in Colorado any time soon. I'm willing to bet the Avs will have another split affiliation next year; with whom, it remains to be seen.

Swedish Extrovert
03-24-2006, 02:30 PM
The Jacksonville Barracudas of the SPHL!!!! (hey they used to be in the ECHL)

broncocalijohn
03-24-2006, 02:35 PM

Ibelieve you are wrong as it came out afterwards that he signed for less than what the AVS gave him. Maybe he just wanted out and said what we wanted to hear at the rally. Trader in our eyes. He will be booed every time he touches the puck. Friday night crowd against the 4th seed should be great. Standing as of today put Ducks back to 7th spot. Win tonight can be in 5th spot. You gotta love the ending to this season. Nobody from 5th to 10th is safe. Here is to Kariya getting boarded by Neidenmeyer. Hell, Ill take Andy McDonald get away from the crease and move over to the boards for just one time. BTW: AVS fans, did you enjoy his time in Denver? I wonder how you guys feel about him. I think he is great player and maybe he wanted to move to a more hockey town than anaheim. It doesnt explain the move to Nashville then. Just my thoughts.

Pendejo
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Jori was right on with her explanation.

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 03:37 PM
It's t-r-a-i-t-o-r, damnit. Traitor. The GM is the trader.

Smiling Assassin27
03-24-2006, 03:39 PM
*gives mt triple word score* damn it, you win again!

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 03:43 PM
*gives mt triple word score* damn it, you win again!

Wahooo!!!

Swedish Extrovert
03-24-2006, 03:54 PM

LOL I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone said something while he made an ass of himself.....

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 03:56 PM
LOL I was waiting to see how long it would take before someone said something while he made an ass of himself.....

I was trying really hard not to type anything but it just came out! I thought maybe after everyone else had repeatedly typed 'traitor', he'd catch on...but alas it was not meant to be.

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Bwahahahaha! This really is humorous.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159920&hubname=nhl

Rumblings continue to come out of Vancouver that the Canucks are a divided team, with Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi allegedly on the outs with their teammates. According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, a former Canucks player, who started the season in Vancouver, privately told a Canucks reporter the situation is ten times worse than one might think. If there is a division between Bertuzzi-Naslund and the rest of the team, it might have something to do with the high-paid pair holding down team-worst minus-16 ratings.

Bronx33
03-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Columbus just tied up the flames in the 2nd 2-2!

Bronx33
03-24-2006, 06:32 PM

LMAO!

SoCalBronco
03-24-2006, 06:42 PM
We are down 3-1 to the Islanders. Early 2nd period.

So far, so good.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2006, 07:26 PM
3-3 in the third.

Noah Welch making his initial NHL appearance. Playing well so far, with an assist and responsible defensively. He should be a fixture on our blueline for years.

Bronx33
03-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Jackets up 3-2!

Pendejo
03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Jackets up 3-2!

It's in the books. Now the Avs need to take care of their own business. The Flames have the Stars next I believe.

Bronx33
03-24-2006, 07:35 PM
It's in the books. Now the Avs need to take care of their own business. The Flames have the Stars next I believe.

So far so good..

SoCalBronco
03-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Unfortuneatly, we won it in OT.

The only good thing was that Crosby got the game winner.

"Lead" over STL and CHI dwindles to 3. :(

24champ
03-24-2006, 08:20 PM
Pavol Demitra undergoes surgery

March 24, 2006

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Kings forward Pavol Demitra had surgery Friday to repair a nasal fracture.

The surgery was needed to correct Demitra's breathing problems.

ADVERTISEMENT

Demitra played in one game since returning from the Olympics, where he sustained the fracture when he was hit in the face by a puck while playing for Slovakia. He has 22 goals and 35 assists in 51 games for the Kings this season.

Demitra is listed as day-to-day but won't play Saturday night against Nashville, the Kings' first game under interim coach John Torchetti.

The Kings are in ninth place in the Western Conference with 79 points.

In another move, left wing Alexander Frolov was activated from the injured reserve list and will play against Nashville. Frolov has 19 goals and 30 assists in 49 games. He has missed 10 games because of a shoulder injury he sustained while playing for Russia in the Olympics
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AktCm81gex_gR4rGlSzDNkt7vLYF?slug=ap-kings-demitra&prov=ap&type=lgns

:strong: Great news that Frolov will be back, hoping for a quick Demitra recovery and our chances of going to the playoffs are greater.

Rshackleford
03-24-2006, 08:49 PM
feder federov what do you guys know about him i haven't seen him play ever is he worth picking up in FHL?
Im pretty sure your talking about Fedor Federov-Sergei's younger brother.He was in the Canucks system for a few years,even played a few NHL games.But Vancouver finally gave up on his lazy attitude to defense\forchecking.He is extremely high skilled offensively,however.

Jori
03-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Just a shocking upset in college hockey tonight. Holy Cross beat Minnesota 4-3 in OT. I can't believe it. Unfortunately, this game wasn't shown live in its entirety. Just imagine a #16 beating a #1 in the NCAA basketball tournament, it's that big of an upset. Wow...I'm just stunned.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Unfortuneatly, we won it in OT.

Catching up

SoCalBronco
03-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Catching up

Yeah, we're only 3 ahead of the pack and 4 ahead of you guys.

Fleury needs to be sent down to WBS for the Calder Cup playoffs so Caron and come in and give up 4-6 a game. Its getting too close for comfort now.

STL has to somehow get at least a point against Colorado tomorrow and you guys need to bring Carolina down to earth.

Im going to be so ****ing pissed if we blow it after being dead last all year long.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
you guys need to bring Carolina down to earth.

Not gonna happen

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 11:40 PM
Herc and SoCal, it's so funny to read your posts hoping for losses and jousting to see who'll finish last.

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Those damn Ducks jumped ahead of us in the standings thanks to the Preds wussin' out tonight.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Herc and SoCal, it's so funny to read your posts hoping for losses and jousting to see who'll finish last.

It doesnt bother me too much. Its in the team's best interest. Its not even hard to do actually. I had no problem hoping the Broncos would lose in their finale in 99 against San Diego, 01 against Indianapolis and 02 against Arizona. I didnt have a problem with it, because I knew it was in the team's best interest to lose and we would gain absolutely nothing winning the game. It's easy.

Mtbrncofn
03-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Well you guys better keep an eye out on St. Lou. They really suck too.

24champ
03-25-2006, 12:21 AM
Well you guys better keep an eye out on St. Lou. They really suck too.
they will beat the avs wont they?:wiggle:

Al Wilson
03-25-2006, 10:30 AM
12-1-1 yaaaaaaaa baby

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 12:58 PM
12-1-1 yaaaaaaaa baby

I got fisher and chara in my FHL AND FISHER NEEDS TO PICK IT UP!

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Im pretty sure your talking about Fedor Federov-Sergei's younger brother.He was in the Canucks system for a few years,even played a few NHL games.But Vancouver finally gave up on his lazy attitude to defense\forchecking.He is extremely high skilled offensively,however.

Dude how far back did you have to go to get that post?

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 01:00 PM
Those damn Ducks jumped ahead of us in the standings thanks to the Preds wussin' out tonight.

Are the ducks that good? or did the preds wuss out? i missed the game.

Al Wilson
03-25-2006, 01:21 PM
I got fisher and chara in my FHL AND FISHER NEEDS TO PICK IT UP!
He's out with injury for probably another week.

Breck Bronc
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
Are the ducks that good? or did the preds wuss out? i missed the game.The Ducks are scary good right now. Teemu Selanne is playing like it's 1993 and guys like Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Andy McDonald, and Joffrey Lupul have given them new life. They've got incredible speed at forward with the aforementioned players and Todd Marchant, Jeff Friesen, Jonathon Hedstrom and Rob Niedermayer.

They've got two good goalies with J.S. Giguere and Ilya Bryzgalov. Giguere and his Conn Smythe trophy has obviously played well in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anaheim has the best defenseman in the league in Scott Niedermayer (with apologies to Niklas Lidstrom). Vitaly Vishnevski is arguably the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Ever since Niedermayer came back from injury the Ducks have been on fire.

I would want no part of the Ducks in the playoffs. It looks like Nashville and Anaheim will meet up in the #4 vs #5 series.

The Avs best shot is to finish ahead of Calgary for the #3 seed in the Western Conference. Columbus helped us out last night. Beating St. Louis tonight is a must.

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 02:39 PM
He's out with injury for probably another week.

I know it's going to kill me.

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2006, 04:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384104

The Boston Bruins, who appear destined to miss the playoffs for the first time in five years, fired general manager Mike O'Connell on Saturday.

TSN of Canada broke the story on its Web site. Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton has been named interim GM of the club.

The Bruins will make a formal announcement at 6 p.m. ET.

With Friday's 4-2 loss to the Devils, the Bruins fell 10 points behind Atlanta for the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot with 11 games to go. The Bruins have lost three straight games and 14 of their last 18.

The Bruins fancied themselves Stanley Cup contenders when O'Connell spent to the edge of the $39 million salary cap for this season.

O'Connell had been under the gun more than coach Mike Sullivan, given that he sold normally frugal owner Jeremy Jacobs on a possible Stanley Cup run with free agents such as Brian Leetch and Alexei Zhamnov.
-----------------------------

I would have thought that him trading Joe Thornton for a bag of magic beans would have been the reason, yet they make absolutely no mention of it.

That's gonna go down as one of the worst trades of all time.

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 04:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2384104

The Boston Bruins, who appear destined to miss the playoffs for the first time in five years, fired general manager Mike O'Connell on Saturday.

TSN of Canada broke the story on its Web site. Assistant general manager Jeff Gorton has been named interim GM of the club.

The Bruins will make a formal announcement at 6 p.m. ET.

With Friday's 4-2 loss to the Devils, the Bruins fell 10 points behind Atlanta for the eighth and final Eastern Conference playoff spot with 11 games to go. The Bruins have lost three straight games and 14 of their last 18.

The Bruins fancied themselves Stanley Cup contenders when O'Connell spent to the edge of the $39 million salary cap for this season.

O'Connell had been under the gun more than coach Mike Sullivan, given that he sold normally frugal owner Jeremy Jacobs on a possible Stanley Cup run with free agents such as Brian Leetch and Alexei Zhamnov.
-----------------------------

I would have thought that him trading Joe Thornton for a bag of magic beans would have been the reason, yet they make absolutely no mention of it.

That's gonna go down as one of the worst trades of all time.

Wow thats wayyyyyyyyyyy overdue.

Jori
03-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Bruins fans actually have some hope...unless they hire Milbury :wiggle:

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 06:20 PM
GAME: Colorado Avalanche (38-25-7) at St. Louis Blues (20-37-11).

TIME: Saturday, 8 p.m. EST.

A new era for hockey in St. Louis is about to get under way.

When the Blues take the ice against the reeling Colorado Avalanche, it will be their first game since Dave Checketts and his Sports Capital Partners and Towerbrook Capital Partners announced Friday they were purchasing the team and Savvis Center from current owners Bill and Nancy Laurie.

Checketts, who at 28 was the youngest president of a professional franchise when he ran the Utah Jazz in 1984, later became head of the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden, which owned the New York Rangers. Checketts' group still needs final approval from the NHL Board of Governors before the sale is complete, but he already is thinking big.

"Next season we will move ahead and begin working toward the ultimate goal of a Stanley Cup championship," Checketts said. "That's what I think is very possible and I want our fans clearly to know that."

The Blues have never won the Stanley Cup since joining the league as part of a six-team expansion at the start of the 1967-68 season, but had the longest active postseason appearance streak in U.S. professional sports at 25 straight seasons.

That run ended Thursday when they were eliminated from postseason contention after their fifth consecutive defeat, 7-2 to Calgary.

"It's one of those nights, the last couple have been," Blues forward Dallas Drake said. "We make a mistake and it ends up in our net. That's just the bottom line. There's no real reason or rhyme for it. They scored on their good opportunities and we haven't even come close."

St. Louis has been outscored 25-7 during its current skid.

Colorado, meanwhile, is looking to make its 11th straight postseason appearance, but is struggling on a five-game road trip.

The Avalanche lost for the third time in four games Wednesday after falling 5-4 in overtime to Anaheim. Colorado squandered a pair of three-goal leads early before Peter Budaj gave up four unanswered goals - capped by Jonathan Hedstrom's penalty shot 1:38 into overtime.

"You can't just sit on a lead and expect to win those games," Colorado forward Ian Laperriere said. "That's what we did, and they came at us pretty hard. We got at least one point, but that's not what we came here for."

The Avalanche are 10-3-3 against the Blues since March 8, 2001.

STANDINGS: Avalanche - 83 points, 2nd place, 3 PB, Northwest Division. Blues - 51 points, 5th place, 51 PB, Central Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Avalanche - Marek Svatos 32 goals; Alex Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Laperriere, 103 PIM. Blues - Scott Young, 16 goals and 45 points; Young and Petr Cajanek, 29 assists; Barret Jackman, 156 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Avalanche - Power play: 19.3 percent (80 for 414), 5th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.9 percent (327 for 378), 8th. Blues - Power play: 15.4 percent (67 for 435), 25th. Penalty killing: 81.9 percent (326 for 398), 18th.

GOALTENDERS: Avalanche - Budaj (10-8-5, 2 SO, 2.74 GAA); Jose Theodore (17-15-5, 0, 3.46). Blues - Patrick Lalime (4-15-6, 0, 3.71); Reinhard Divis (0-4-0, 0, 5.26).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 2-0.

LAST MEETING: March 7; Avalanche, 2-1 (SO). At St. Louis, Milan Hejduk scored the only shootout goal to give Colorado coach Joel Quenneville his first win in his return to the Savvis Center after the Blues fired him in February 2004.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Avalanche - 17-17-2 on the road; Blues - 11-17-5 at home.

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Hedjuk out with the flu.....::)

Jori
03-25-2006, 07:04 PM
CC is eliminated from the NCAA tourney with a 3-2 loss to Cornell.

Swedish Extrovert
03-25-2006, 07:42 PM
I cant watch the Av's-Blues game a la Saturday duty..... Ship's comps cant connect to online audio, so I'm stuck with a score sheet.

How the hell did Proapst get a misconduct?
How did we get an abuse of officials penalty?

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I cant watch the Av's-Blues game a la Saturday duty..... Ship's comps cant connect to online audio, so I'm stuck with a score sheet.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS021053.HTM

Jori
03-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Matt Carle scores his first professional goal tonight. It was with 17 seconds left in the game and the game was well in hand for the Sharks. San Jose won the game 5-1. Carle played about 10 minutes in his NHL debut.

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Avs wiin in OT!

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Joe scores the OT winner. It wasn't pretty by any stretch, but 2 points is 2 points.

Alexander Ovechkin scored his 47th goal and added an assist against Carolina tonight to bring his point total to 91 on the season.

Bronx33
03-25-2006, 10:09 PM
nucks losing to the oil 3-2 in the 3rd also LA and the preds are tied up in the 3rd.

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2006, 10:15 PM
Preds just took a 4-3 lead.

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Oilers hang on to beat the Canchokes 3-2.

Mtbrncofn
03-25-2006, 10:57 PM
The refs in our game seemed a bit over ambitious when it came to calling penalties. ****, they were calling people for their shirts flapping in the breeze too much.

I've seen coaches do a lot more than Q did and not get that call.

Way to go, Oil! Too bad the Ducks couldn't choke for us.

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2006, 11:00 PM
Very true mt, that major penalty and game misconduct against Poapst was a flat out ridiculous call. I know McCormick was cut, but it sure looked like a clean hit to me.

Mtbrncofn
03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I thought it was just going to be a boarding call. It especially sucks when you get those calls and your team can't even do anything with it!

Jori
03-25-2006, 11:14 PM
Nice imploding job by Nashville tonight. Did you see that POS Avery do push-ups after he scored? :clown:

Jori
03-25-2006, 11:21 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060326/capt.mnpb10403260354.sharks_wild_hockey_mnpb104.jp g
Carle in teal...being congratulated after scoring his first NHL goal.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
F-ing Caps

Mtbrncofn
03-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Sheesh, why is it the Preds choke every time we would like them to win?

Breck Bronc
03-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Today was one of those great hockey days. Between NHL Center Ice and the NCAA hockey tournament on Altitude and Comcast 5 I watched about 19-20 games today.

I watched almost the entire Sharks/Wild game with an eye towards Matt Carle. He had a shaky second period with a couple of penalties and getting burnt for a Rolston breakaway goal. Matt didn't play again until the Sharks built a three goal lead. I switched to the Avs game for good with a minute left in the Sharks game. I was so mad at myself when I later found out Carle scored his first NHL goal and I missed it. Good thing for the internet I'll be able to see the goal, but that's not the same as watching it live.

The Avs played without 4 of their top 6 forwards and it showed. Good thing Joe Sakic had one of the best games I've seen him play in his years in Denver. He was all over the ice all night; Joe has certainly picked up his play since the Olympic break.

I was rooting for DU's main rival to at least get to the Frozen Four, but CC decided to choke against Cornell. They're going to struggle in the next few years without Sertich and Sterling. I don't think Matt Zaba is a very good goalie.

Now I really don't know who to root for. I'd usually pull for WCHA teams, but I don't like North Dakota or Wisconsin.

24champ
03-26-2006, 03:26 AM
Nice imploding job by Nashville tonight. Did you see that POS Avery do push-ups after he scored? :clown:
that was helluva goal so he can do how many pushups he wants, freaking avery haters.LOL

24champ
03-26-2006, 03:35 AM
Sheesh, why is it the Preds choke every time we would like them to win?
choke? sh!t they had some lucky breaks including the fakeout by Kariya, that was a great play by the preds but the preds just got outplayed big time. Too many penalties on that team, Im glad we didnt trade for Witt because that dumbass was in the penalty box for half the freakin game. Anyway I like what the new coach Tochetti did for this game, he must have lit a fire under the players asses because what I saw tonight was players going full speed back and forth and the preds just got knocked around like rag dolls. BTW shots on goal was redicoulus(41-19?), Vokoun was great for them in goal even though there was 6 goals against him but its kinda hard when your team fvcks it up by giving the Kings the Power Play for half the game. Anyway my boy Frolov is back!! Shoot I just might change my name to 24frolov ;D. Now we should get Demitra back for monday against the canchokes. Time to charge for the playoffs!!!!

chadta
03-26-2006, 08:39 AM
am i the only one who want to see both the toronto maple leafs and the montreal canadiens miss the play offs ?

id say that would shut up about 75% off the people at work come playoff time, it would be so nice.

Theres a few flyers fans, a few bruins fans, a few sens fans, even a few avs fans, but most of the people are leaf or canadiens fans and id really love to have a nice quiet playoff. That was the only good thing about there being no hockey last year, i didnt have to listen to them plan the parade every time they won a game or scored a goal.

Please hockey gods let the leafs and habs both miss the playoffs

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 11:07 AM
GAME: Edmonton Oilers (35-24-12) at Colorado Avalanche (39-25-7).

TIME: Sunday, 9 p.m. EST.

The Colorado Avalanche have lost two of their best young stars to injuries. It's a good thing they still have veteran Joe Sakic in the lineup.

Sakic will try to keep his latest points streak alive and lead Colorado to its fifth straight win at the Pepsi Center when it meets the Edmonton Oilers in a key Northwest Division matchup.

The Avalanche have 85 points, good for sixth place in the tight Western Conference playoff race, one point behind both defending conference champion Calgary and Anaheim.

Colorado holds a three-point lead over both Edmonton and Vancouver, which are tied for seventh, and is four points ahead of ninth-place Los Angeles.

Sakic was the hero against St. Louis on Saturday, scoring a power-play goal 57 seconds into overtime to give Colorado a 3-2 victory.
Click here to find out more!

"We were patient out there. I just kind of moved it around, "Sakic said. "I gave it to Blakey (defenseman Rob Blake), actually I thought he was going to shoot. I think so did they. It was in the right spot."

Sakic, who also assisted on Pierre Turgeon's power-play goal midway through the second period, has six goals and five assists during a six-game points streak.

The 17-year veteran, who has spent his entire career with the Quebec/Colorado franchise, picked up the scoring slack after the Avs lost dynamic rookie Marek Svatos on March 9 with a season-ending shoulder injury and veteran Alex Tanguay on Tuesday for two-to-four weeks with a sprained knee.

Svatos led Colorado with 32 goals - including nine game-winners - in 61 games, while Tanguay paced the team with 48 assists and 74 points.

Sakic's 30 career goals versus the Oilers are the second-most he has scored against one team. He has 31 against both Calgary and Los Angeles.

March also has historically been the best month for the future Hall of Famer. In 212 games, Sakic has tallied 112 goals and 170 assists, both career bests.

Edmonton completed a grueling three-game set against another division rival with a 3-2 win Saturday over Vancouver. The Oilers lost to the Canucks 4-1 on Tuesday in Edmonton before falling 4-3 in overtime on Thursday in Vancouver.

Former Canuck Steve Staios scored what proved to be the game-winner for Edmonton 2:07 into the third period.

"That was as big as they get at this time of the year," he said. "We knew we needed it. We didn't want to put too much pressure on it, but we certainly knew this was a huge game for us."

The Oilers are expected to start Ty Conklin in goal, ending a streak of 10 straight starts by Dwayne Roloson since he was acquired earlier this month from Minnesota.

Conklin was waived earlier this season by the Oilers, but went unclaimed. He hasn't started since surrendering three goals in regulation and overtime on March 7 in a 4-3 shootout loss to Dallas.

Conklin is 1-4-0 with a 3.93 goals-against average and .846 save percentage in his career versus Colorado.

STANDINGS: Oilers - 82 points, 3rd place (tied), 4 PB, Northwest Division. Avalanche - 85 points, 2nd place, 1 PB, Northwest Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Oilers - Ryan Smyth, 32 goals; Ales Hemsky, 52 assists; Shawn Horcoff, 69 points; Jaroslav Spacek, 90 PIM. Avalanche - Sakic, 28 goals; Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Ian Laperriere, 105 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Oilers - Power play: 17.7 percent (77 for 434), 16th in NHL. Penalty killing: 83.4 percent (358 for 429), 13th. Avalanche - Power play: 19.5 percent (82 for 420), 7th. Penalty killing: 83.7 percent (324 for 387), 11th.

GOALTENDERS: Oilers - Roloson (9-20-4, 1 SO, 2.97 GAA); Conklin (7-5-1, 1, 2.85). Avalanche - Peter Budaj (11-8-5, 2, 2.70); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 0, 3.29).

SEASON SERIES: Avalanche, 4-2.

LAST MEETING: Feb. 7; Avalanche, 5-2. At Denver, Milan Hejduk, Tanguay and Rob Blake scored in the second period for the Avs. Jarret Stoll and Radek Dvorak tallied power-play goals for the Oilers.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Oilers - 19-11-6 on the road; Avalanche - 21-8-5 at home.

broncocalijohn
03-26-2006, 03:25 PM
Super Joe scores the OT winner. It wasn't pretty by any stretch, but 2 points is 2 points.

Alexander Ovechkin scored his 47th goal and added an assist against Carolina tonight to bring his point total to 91 on the season.

So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES. Why cant the Ducks draft someone like that? Kariya was the start and not too much offensive greatness since. How about those DUCKS? another 5 plus goals last night after playing the night before and smoking Nashville. I wanted some room in this heated pack 5 through 10 but found myself going with the kings last night as a Nashville loss gives the ducks only a 6 point margin to close for the 4th spot. Ducks were 8 points out of a playoff spot (10th place) on Jan 13th. Now they are in 5th and 6 points out of 4th spot. I believe they have won 5 or 6 games in a row. This after giving up the first goal (quickly) in most of these games. Basketball and hockey season really shines in march and april. This battle was needed after the year lock out.
Selanne 2 goals last two games. Avs, you think he is still washed up and hurt? Glad Anaheim took him again.

broncocalijohn
03-26-2006, 03:33 PM
The Ducks are scary good right now. Teemu Selanne is playing like it's 1993 and guys like Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry, Andy McDonald, and Joffrey Lupul have given them new life. They've got incredible speed at forward with the aforementioned players and Todd Marchant, Jeff Friesen, Jonathon Hedstrom and Rob Niedermayer.

They've got two good goalies with J.S. Giguere and Ilya Bryzgalov. Giguere and his Conn Smythe trophy has obviously played well in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Anaheim has the best defenseman in the league in Scott Niedermayer (with apologies to Niklas Lidstrom). Vitaly Vishnevski is arguably the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Ever since Niedermayer came back from injury the Ducks have been on fire.

I would want no part of the Ducks in the playoffs. It looks like Nashville and Anaheim will meet up in the #4 vs #5 series.

The Avs best shot is to finish ahead of Calgary for the #3 seed in the Western Conference. Columbus helped us out last night. Beating St. Louis tonight is a must.

Not bad Ducks anaylises from an Avs fan. Jonathan does have his moments (like you saw in his penalty shot and his first hat trick i got to personally witness earlier this 2006), but has been scratched healthy last week. Andy McDonald has major wheels and plays phenomenal with Teemu. I like my chances against the Preds. I dont like playing Red Wings though. That D is fing tough and we get the updates all the time on this thread from MR Red Wing himself Mr Assassin27.

chadta
03-26-2006, 06:25 PM
So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES.

except that they are from different drafts, washington had the first pick in the 04 draft, pittsburgh had the first pick in the 05 draft.

If not for the strike this wouldnt be such a big deal coming from different years and all but yeah i would have to say right now ovechkin is turning out ot be a better pick, but we will see which player can lead his team to the play offs first, then to the cup.

SoCalBronco
03-26-2006, 06:33 PM
So are we saying he is the real stud and not Crosby? I would say YES. .

Your right, Crosby is terrible. He only has 79 points. My god, for an 18 year old on the worst team in the league, he should be raping Ovechkin. The guy is clearly a scrub.

(And just as im typing this Crosby delivers a great backhand pass right to the tape of Armstrong's stick for a goal).

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Avs up 2-1 after 1...

Ray Finkle
03-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Your right, Crosby is terrible. He only has 79 points. My god, for an 18 year old on the worst team in the league, he should be raping Ovechkin. The guy is clearly a scrub.

(And just as im typing this Crosby delivers a great backhand pass right to the tape of Armstrong's stick for a goal).

he is still no Jagr:yayaya:

Hercules Rockefeller
03-26-2006, 07:54 PM
he is still no Jagr:yayaya:

So you're saying Crosby doesn't quit when the going gets tough and his team isn't winning?

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 07:57 PM
SJ won...... in OT :bs:

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
2-2 after 2 the oil got a cheap deflection goal off of scratch.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 08:54 PM
2-2 after 2 the oil got a cheap deflection goal off of scratch.

That was a tough one. The guy puts it all out there, sometimes those are the ****ty breaks.

Swedish Extrovert
03-26-2006, 08:59 PM

?

SoCalBronco
03-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Montreal 6 Pittsburgh 5 Final in Regulation ;D

Chicago got a point in an OT loss. :strong:

4 up on STL, 5 on CHI, 7 up on WSH

RedskinBronco
03-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Montreal 6 Pittsburgh 5 Final in Regulation ;D

Chicago got a point in an OT loss. :strong:

4 up on STL, 5 on CHI, 7 up on WSH

seeing as I can't stand the Tank-burgh penguins, I think they are destined for Kansas City :wiggle:

24champ
03-26-2006, 09:44 PM
seeing as I can't stand the Tank-burgh penguins, I think they are destined for Kansas City :wiggle:
I think if Pitt were to move it would be to Cananda like Winnepeg or Quebec.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-26-2006, 09:45 PM

You have to have talent to tank, otherwise you just really suck.

SoCalBronco
03-26-2006, 09:48 PM

Its possible, given that our partner, Isle of Capri, has only a slightly greater
chance of winning the slots license than the Pens do of making the playoffs. It would kill me if the Penguins went to those bunch of inbred worthless hicks. Kansas City is the LAST place that deserves a team like the Pens who are going to be major Stanley Cup contenders soon. Before salary cap issues hit the team in about 5-6 years, Id be surprised if they did not make at least 1 appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals. Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, Welch, Armstrong and likely a top 2 pick this year. I am expecting at least 1 Stanley Cup Title in the next 5-6 years.

But I think the arena will get done. I dont live in Pennsylvania, but from all the stuff I have read alot of pressure is on the Governor and the County Executive from what I have been reading. The Governor is going to announce his Plan B on Thursday for the arena. He hates the Penguins, and doesnt give a **** about them but he's not running well right now in trial heats against Lynn Swann and this is starting to be a political liability for him in the Western side of the state.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 09:51 PM
The Avs lose a shootout. An utter shocker. All I can say is thank the Lord there is no SO in the playoffs.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 09:53 PM
?

He got a misconduct ( which was undeserved ) for what I thought was really boarding on Cody McCormick. He had a pretty good gash above his eye that required some stitches.

The abuse of officials penalty was utterly ridiculous. Quenneville was a bit upset about a call ( justifiably ) and let a few f bombs fly, nothing we haven't all seen before, so they called him on it. It sucked.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Darn, I was just checking Theodore's record on the SO, but it seems he hasn't faced any. Good Lord, he can't be any worse than what we have now when it comes to them.

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 09:57 PM
The Avs lose a shootout. An utter shocker. All I can say is thank the Lord there is no SO in the playoffs.

I hate these fricken bush league shootouts.

24champ
03-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Its possible, given that our partner, Isle of Capri, has only a slightly greater
chance of winning the slots license than the Pens do of making the playoffs. It would kill me if the Penguins went to those bunch of inbred worthless hicks. Kansas City is the LAST place that deserves a team like the Pens who are going to be major Stanley Cup contenders soon. Before salary cap issues hit the team in about 5-6 years, Id be surprised if they did not make at least 1 appearance in the Stanley Cup Finals. Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Whitney, Welch, Armstrong and likely a top 2 pick this year. I am expecting at least 1 Stanley Cup Title in the next 5-6 years.

But I think the arena will get done. I dont live in Pennsylvania, but from all the stuff I have read alot of pressure is on the Governor and the County Executive from what I have been reading. The Governor is going to announce his Plan B on Thursday for the arena. He hates the Penguins, and doesnt give a **** about them but he's not running well right now in trial heats against Lynn Swann and this is starting to be a political liability for him in the Western side of the state.
Somebody will move the team back to Canada seeing that Crosby is god there, not quite like Gretzky but close. Move the team back to Canada and you will have sellouts, I just dont see any way you could move a team to KC when St. Louis has a hard time selling tickets, even in their good years. St Louis Blues is another team that may move.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 10:02 PM
I hate these fricken bush league shootouts.

The sad thing is I still get kind of excited when one comes up. I always think, **** he can't lose them all. They'll have to get a win with Budaj in net at least one time.

Apparently, I'm wrong.

24champ
03-26-2006, 10:03 PM
crap, I was hoping Avs would win tonight because Kings need to catch up. Im also glad there is no SO because because every once in the playoffs there is a game that is played from 7pm till 2am! I just love those games when it goes on to like 4 OTs.

RedskinBronco
03-26-2006, 10:05 PM
Somebody will move the team back to Canada seeing that Crosby is god there, not quite like Gretzky but close. Move the team back to Canada and you will have sellouts, I just dont see any way you could move a team to KC when St. Louis has a hard time selling tickets, even in their good years. St Louis Blues is another team that may move.

Just way too much expansion under Bettman. Tampa Bay worked out, but in general, the game has less talent because of expansion. Playoff hockey is still perhaps the best tournament in sports. They just need to get it to that level or close to it in the regular season. It's not easy to do though. The NBA is having the same problems. No one cares about these sports in the regular season.

Mtbrncofn
crap, I was hoping Avs would win tonight because Kings need to catch up. Im also glad there is no SO because because every once in the playoffs there is a game that is played from 7pm till 2am! I just love those games when it goes on to like 4 OTs.

Me too. Nothing like sitting there with your guts twisted into pretzel knots for hours on end.

I do not know who couldn't like the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are the ultimate.

Bronx33
The sad thing is I still get kind of excited when one comes up. I always think, **** he can't lose them all. They'll have to get a win with Budaj in net at least one time.

Apparently, I'm wrong.

Well we can't hang his game on budaj our shooters just stink they should have let the mighty jim dowd have one of those shots.

RedskinBronco
03-26-2006, 10:06 PM

yea that's competition at its best. As far as the avs go, Budaj isn't a bad goalie, but he has some issues in shootouts, but I don't blame him because the avs shooters have even more issues scoring in shootouts.

Bronx33
03-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Well this makes tuesdays game all that more important...:afro:

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 10:10 PM
Well we can't hang his game on budaj our shooters just stink they should have let the mighty jim dowd have one of those shots.

I know. It just seems like no matter what if Budaj is in net, it just isn't going to happen.

Ok, was anyone else talking like the PA announcer and yelling out "the Mighty Jim Dowd" when he scored again? ;D

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Well this makes tuesdays game all that more important...:afro:

Against those damn Ducks. I won't be watching because I think it's on OLN. :(

24champ
03-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Against those damn Ducks. I won't be watching because I think it's on OLN. :(
I think the kings are on OLN tommorow, but I dont like OLN. Going to watch it on with Foxy and Bob Miller on FSN "Prime Ticket".

Me too. Nothing like sitting there with your guts twisted into pretzel knots for hours on end.

I do not know who couldn't like the Stanley Cup playoffs. They are the ultimate.
I love NHL playoffs period, whether the kings make it or not. BTW since we are talking about TV coverage, are the playoffs to be televised by NBC?

Just way too much expansion under Bettman. Tampa Bay worked out, but in general, the game has less talent because of expansion. Playoff hockey is still perhaps the best tournament in sports. They just need to get it to that level or close to it in the regular season. It's not easy to do though. The NBA is having the same problems. No one cares about these sports in the regular season.

agreed, but the new CBA should make it more competitive for teams.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 10:50 PM
I thought at least part of them were? Good gawd, someone please tell me there won't be any playoff coverage on OLN! I might go postal.

Mtbrncofn
03-26-2006, 11:17 PM
Not that he's made much noise, but I'm sure it still hurts them:

Kings centre Jeremy Roenick will likely miss the rest of the season after suffering a fractured ankle last night. The injury occurred midway through the second period, when Roenick blocked a slapshot from Predators defenseman Shea Weber. - Tennessean
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

24champ
03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Not that he's made much noise, but I'm sure it still hurts them:

Kings centre Jeremy Roenick will likely miss the rest of the season after suffering a fractured ankle last night. The injury occurred midway through the second period, when Roenick blocked a slapshot from Predators defenseman Shea Weber. - Tennessean
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=
he really didnt do much this year, Im not going to miss him. The only guy I want to see back ASAP is Demitra.

24champ
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
OLN will get regular-season games Monday and Tuesday nights, a large package of playoff games, Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals, and the All-Star Game (there won't be one this year because of the Olympics in February). Beginning in 2006-07, OLN's Monday night game will be the only game televised anywhere in the United States that day.

Fvck! I really dont like OLN coverage of Hockey!

• NBC is not paying a rights fee. Instead, the network and league will split revenue. Coverage will include seven regular-season games, six playoff games and Games 3 through 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals.
six playoff games on National TV?

Breck Bronc
03-27-2006, 12:48 AM
Just way too much expansion under Bettman. Tampa Bay worked out, but in general, the game has less talent because of expansion. Playoff hockey is still perhaps the best tournament in sports. They just need to get it to that level or close to it in the regular season. It's not easy to do though. The NBA is having the same problems. No one cares about these sports in the regular season.I don't like Bettman, but he shouldn't be criticized for the NHL's '90's expansion. He didn't become commisioner until 1993; the San Jose Sharks (1991), Ottawa Senators (1992), Tampa Bay Lighting (1992), Anaheim Mighty Ducks (1993) and Florida Panthers (1993) were brought into the league before Bettman's tenure.

Then came the Nashville Predators (1998), Atlanta Thrashers (1999), Minnesota Wild (2000), and Columbus Blue Jackets (2000).

I've never bought into the argument that the NHL is a less talented league because of expansion. The Soviets only started coming over in 1989 and even then there weren't that many. Now, 18 years and 9 teams later, there are so many more Russian, Czech, Slovak, Finnish, Swedish, Swiss, Latvian, German, etc players in the league. The U.S. has started producing more players than they have in the past. Canada still produces the most NHL players, but the less skilled Canadians have lost their jobs.

I think the league is in a great place right now with all the young talent that has broken out this season. Alexander Ovechkin is the best rookie since Selanne and Lindros in 1992-'93. Then you've got Sidney Crosby, who's having one of the best seasons by an 18-year old ever. And Dion Phaneuf is quietly putting up incredible numbers for a rookie defenseman up in Calgary. Henrik Lundqvist has already won an Olympic gold medal this year and might win the Vezina, but amazingly not the Calder.

Then you can turn to the Western Conference playoff race to prove that the league is not lacking for talented teams. This has been a great season so far. And we all know the playoffs will be even better; the Stanley Cup playoffs are the best tournament in North America.

Tredici
03-27-2006, 10:39 AM

I would agree with too much expansion, but don't specifically blame Bettman. Teams struggling with revenue (most of the north of the US Border) happily sucked in franchise fees. Like credit card debt, or robbing Peter to pay Paul. Eventually the folly of that practice catches up.

As to your last statement, how about if you man up and say "I" don't care. Apparently you haven't taken the time to read the diehards posting in this thread. Most watch every single game of their chosen team, a few more on Center Ice, and college broadcasts when available.

The playoffs are the icing but I like the cake.

broncocalijohn
03-27-2006, 12:53 PM

Good to see my post got under the skin of the person i attended it to do just that. No, your man is a stud ease up. It is like saying Elway was over rated at orangemane. He should do really well once the playoffs start. I hear his golf game is coming along. Enjoy the offseason.

broncocalijohn
03-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Yeah Dallas vs Ducks in 03. If there were ties in Overtime, Ducks would be in 4th spot now. I think they have won 4 games in overtime or SO while having 12 loses. 2nd seed Stars have only 3 OT losses and O SO losses. Playoffs come and we can throw out that soccer crap. Just a recap of the playoff picture for the west:

4th Nashville 92 points
5th Ducks 86 points
6th Avs 86 points
7th Oilers 84 points
8th Sharks 82 points
9th Canucks 82 points
10th Kings 81 points

I thought Canucks would be ahead of Sharks because of Wins, but it at least clearly shows a 5 point spread from 5th to 10th. Kings at Canucks tonight to see if they flip flop or even be both leap frog the Sharks.

Mtbrncofn
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Fvck! I really dont like OLN coverage of Hockey!

six playoff games on National TV?

Oh ****.

Mtbrncofn
03-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Good to see my post got under the skin of the person i attended it to do just that.

???

24champ
03-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah Dallas vs Ducks in 03. If there were ties in Overtime, Ducks would be in 4th spot now. I think they have won 4 games in overtime or SO while having 12 loses. 2nd seed Stars have only 3 OT losses and O SO losses. Playoffs come and we can throw out that soccer crap. Just a recap of the playoff picture for the west:

4th Nashville 92 points
5th Ducks 86 points
6th Avs 86 points
7th Oilers 84 points
8th Sharks 82 points
9th Canucks 82 points
10th Kings 81 points

I thought Canucks would be ahead of Sharks because of Wins, but it at least clearly shows a 5 point spread from 5th to 10th. Kings at Canucks tonight to see if they flip flop or even be both leap frog the Sharks.
I believe the longest game I watched on TV was the Flyers vs Pitt. in 2000 playoffs i believe. That was helluva game! Primeau scored the winner.

Going to be an interesting game tonight against the canchokes. I think its a must win so we can put pressure on other teams instead of us.

24champ
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
???
its hard to understand what those freaking ducks are saying.LOL

BRONCOCALIJOHN as shown below-
http://users.bigpond.net.au/jellery/runaway_daffy_duck.gif

chadta
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
wait a second, the reason they keep telling us that the nhl has these stupid shoot outs is cuz you yanks like them, now after readin this thread i get the picture that you guys hate them as much as i do, why the hell are there shootouts if nobody likes them ? end the game as a tie or play until somebody wins, never mind this 5 minute 4 on 4 crap.

As for the dillusion of talent with expansion, me and the guys at work have been talking about that since it actually happened, back in 93 it was starting, teams were starting to have guys as a 4th line that just should not be playing in the nhl.

As hockey fans think back to the 80's, every team at that time had 2 good lines, a checking line that usualy played against the best line on the other team, and then a fouth line that was the new guys they were trying to get into the game. Around 94 teams started only having 1 good line, but they still had a checking line, and usually still had a young guys line, but now they had a line of bums as well.

I disagree with the logic that the russians and other "block" country players didnt come over until after then, the best players always managed to find there way over, now the middle of the pack guys come over too, and i think that is why some of the "bums" have lost jobs. But honestly there are still far to many guys playing that shouldnt be in the NHL. We can thank the new jersey devils for that, they took a bunch of bums and played classic montreal canadiens style "hook hold and trap" hockey and won a cup doing it.

Speaking of jersey, watched the leaf game last night, the stands were half empty, from what i hear they dont get good crouds until the second round of the playoffs there, it wouldnt surprise me if they moved again.

alkemical
03-27-2006, 02:59 PM
i sorta like the shootout

chadta
03-27-2006, 03:21 PM
i sorta like the shootout

BOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo

dont get me wrong, i dont mind watching them, but its just not the way to decide a team game, let them play till the end or call it a tie.

alkemical
03-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Tie is for wussies.

Tredici
03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
wait a second, the reason they keep telling us that the nhl has these stupid shoot outs is cuz you yanks like them, now after readin this thread i get the picture that you guys hate them as much as i do, why the hell are there shootouts if nobody likes them ? end the game as a tie or play until somebody wins, never mind this 5 minute 4 on 4 crap.

As for the dillusion of talent with expansion, me and the guys at work have been talking about that since it actually happened, back in 93 it was starting, teams were starting to have guys as a 4th line that just should not be playing in the nhl.

As hockey fans think back to the 80's, every team at that time had 2 good lines, a checking line that usualy played against the best line on the other team, and then a fouth line that was the new guys they were trying to get into the game. Around 94 teams started only having 1 good line, but they still had a checking line, and usually still had a young guys line, but now they had a line of bums as well.

I disagree with the logic that the russians and other "block" country players didnt come over until after then, the best players always managed to find there way over, now the middle of the pack guys come over too, and i think that is why some of the "bums" have lost jobs. But honestly there are still far to many guys playing that shouldnt be in the NHL. We can thank the new jersey devils for that, they took a bunch of bums and played classic montreal canadiens style "hook hold and trap" hockey and won a cup doing it.

Speaking of jersey, watched the leaf game last night, the stands were half empty, from what i hear they dont get good crouds until the second round of the playoffs there, it wouldnt surprise me if they moved again.

Nah. The Leafs will just advocate expansion so they can rake in more new Franchise Fees.

Swedish Extrovert
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
How are we so bad with shootouts with our offense?

broncocalijohn
03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
I would Love shoot outs if my team knew how to win them! I dont mind the tie after 4 on 4 overtime. Just seems like a cheap win, but at least the loser gathers a point for compensation. It is exciting, but I dont want them in playoffs. Playoffs is a total different animal. Last guy standing.....

broncocalijohn
03-27-2006, 04:24 PM
I would Love shoot outs if my team knew how to win them! I dont mind the tie after 4 on 4 overtime. Just seems like a cheap win, but at least the loser gathers a point for compensation. It is exciting, but I dont want them in playoffs. Playoffs is a total different animal. Last guy standing.....
Hey champbailey24, here is a photo of your team!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:PGGD16A7bJlwFM:www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sallad.net/blog/2004/09/index.php&h=600&w=450&sz=36&tbnid=PGGD16A7bJlwFM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=99&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dloser%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D% 26sa%3DG)

24champ
03-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Hey champbailey24, here is a photo of your team!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:PGGD16A7bJlwFM:www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.sallad.net/blog/loser.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.sallad.net/blog/2004/09/index.php&h=600&w=450&sz=36&tbnid=PGGD16A7bJlwFM:&tbnh=133&tbnw=99&hl=en&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dloser%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D% 26sa%3DG)

least we know what your girlfreind looks like right.
Ha!

Tredici
03-27-2006, 04:27 PM
How are we so bad with shootouts with our offense?

1. Budaj is the equivalent of an empty net.

2. Quinneville can't figure out Hejduk and Sakic aren't cutting it. Jeez, let Rob Blake slap it from the blue line... Both Svatos and Tanguay were better. At this point I'd rather see Turgeon and even Liles get the opportunity.

The other thing I've noticed is guys who go straight in and make ONE move seem to have a better chance. The guys who are trying to change up and deke 3 or 4 times in the space of time they have to skate end up running out of ice and just shooting right at the goalie.

alkemical
03-27-2006, 04:30 PM
some guys are better one v one

hell the old joke "how do you keep wayne from scoring?"

"give him a breakaway"

Mtbrncofn
03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
No, I actually really like the shootout. I'd like it a lot more if my team knew how to at least score in one at an attempt to win. I agree with ames, ties suck.

Mtbrncofn
03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
some guys are better one v one

hell the old joke "how do you keep wayne from scoring?"

"give him a breakaway"

Which is why its so shocking to me that Joey blows when it comes to the SO.

I agree with Tred, it's time to let someone else get in there and give it a try. Hell, Brad May could be a bona fide SO star and we'd never know. Ha!

Bronx33
03-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Which is why its so shocking to me that Joey blows when it comes to the SO.

I agree with Tred, it's time to let someone else get in there and give it a try. Hell, Brad May could be a bona fide SO star and we'd never know. Ha!

The mighty jim dowd deserves a shot!

chadta
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
I would Love shoot outs if my team knew how to win them! I dont mind the tie after 4 on 4 overtime. Just seems like a cheap win, but at least the loser gathers a point for compensation.

see that to me still sounds wrong, you lose the game yet still get a point ? what the hell is that, you do not reward teams for losing games, its just wrong. Play until the game ends, or end it in a tie, these gimmacks to end games in the regular season are just that gimmacks which should be left for minor hockey not the NHL.