PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Mogulseeker
03-09-2006, 09:18 PM
It was Evgeny Artyukhin of the Bolts. He gave Antoine Vermette of the Sens a good whack with his own helmet. He got suspended for 2 games for his troubles.

Anyone have a video of that?

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 10:37 PM
MT, are you trying to be funny with that avitar? Or have you given up on the Moore thing?

Just callin a turd a turd, that's all. I figure if I put someone in my avatar that I really don't care for, it'll somehow bring some luck. Every time I put a player I like in there, they get hurt or start slumping.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Your avatar

It's the turd, May. I had a few other choice words for Pierre last night, but I'm cooling off a bit. :)

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2006/01/07/theodore_jose250.jpg
Don't hate me because iam pretty.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 10:42 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2006/01/07/theodore_jose250.jpg
Don't hate me because iam pretty.

How could you? He really is a fine looking man. Let's hope he looks fine stopping pucks for us when the time comes.

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Peter Budaj played well in his first game as the number 1 goalie. The one goal he gave up would have been stopped by 0% of the netminders in the NHL (only Chuck Norris could have stopped Brown's rocket).

Gotta give Jim Dowd credit for getting on the score sheet in his first game as an Av.

The next two games against Calgary are so important. I'll take a split at this point.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 10:51 PM
Gotta give Jim Dowd credit for getting on the score sheet in his first game as an Av.

Like Jori said, you can't stop Jim Dowd, you can only hope to contain him. :~ohyah!:

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 10:53 PM
I was nervous there for awhile. In the first period, Budaj looked like he was scrambling a lot and out of position a few times. There were some close ones.

I'll take our two points and hope the rest of the division loses somehow. ;)

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Like Jori said, you can't stop Jim Dowd, you can only hope to contain him. :~ohyah!:

Just doesn't sound right if you guys don't add 'the mighty' part to his name. ;D

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 11:00 PM
How could you? He really is a fine looking man. Let's hope he looks fine stopping pucks for us when the time comes.

Pretty don't stop pucks, well unless he uses his face.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
Peter Budaj played well in his first game as the number 1 goalie. The one goal he gave up would have been stopped by 0% of the netminders in the NHL (only Chuck Norris could have stopped Brown's rocket).

The next two games against Calgary are so important. I'll take a split at this point.

Gotta credit budaj he saved the Ds butt a couple times on bad line changes.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Just doesn't sound right if you guys don't add 'the mighty' part to his name. ;D

If his parents had any sense of humor at all they have named him Wellen.

Then he'd have been able to tell every girl he met that he was Wellen Dowd. :wiggle:

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 11:08 PM

Then he'd have been able to tell every girl he met that he was Wellen Dowd. :wiggle:rimshot

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 11:09 PM

Then he'd have been able to tell every girl he met that he was Wellen Dowd. :wiggle:

:rofl:

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Damn. A bit of a harsh article from Frei.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terry&id=2360874

Pezman
03-09-2006, 11:37 PM
Damn. A bit of a harsh article from Frei.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terryid=2360874

I know some people really like Terri's work, but I've never gotten over what a crybaby he can be. Anyone else remember his rant about the Blake Street Bombers and how "insensitive" it was back in the day?

alkemical
03-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Go Pens!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2006/03/10/1481718-sun.html

As for Ovechkin, would the Caps trade him for, say, Sundin and any three others? They'd be crazy not to.

What an idiot.

alkemical
03-10-2006, 02:03 PM
LOL herc, agree there

Clockwork Orange
03-10-2006, 03:35 PM
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Toronto/2006/03/10/1481718-sun.html

What an idiot.

Sounds like your typical Leaf fan. The same ones who said during the offseason that they wouldn't trade Nik Antropov for Henrik Zetterberg.

Jori
03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
It's the turd, May. I had a few other choice words for Pierre last night, but I'm cooling off a bit. :)
Good choice!

Jori
03-10-2006, 04:46 PM

Beauty :rofl:

Mogulseeker
03-11-2006, 02:48 PM
The avs season has basically gone down the toilet.

I dont want to watch Budaj play.

Al Wilson
03-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Herc, it's not too late for the Caps to give us the 2 points instead of getting their asses kicked on Sunday.

Breck Bronc
03-11-2006, 03:29 PM
The avs season has basically gone down the toilet.

I dont want to watch Budaj play.That's pathetic, Smurf. Even if you don't think Budaj is as good as Aebischer (I think he is), why give up on the team?

Clockwork Orange
03-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Scott Parker just climbed the glass between the benches to try and get at Nashville's Brendan Witt. He was already getting a penalty for elbowing Jordin Tootoo, he picked up a couple of misconducts and was on his way to the locker room when he went bananas and tried to get over the glass at Witt. Parker ended up getting 2 for elbowing, 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct. He can probably expect a suspension here shortly.

Crazy stuff.

Mogulseeker
03-11-2006, 04:50 PM
That's pathetic, Smurf. Even if you don't think Budaj is as good as Aebischer (I think he is), why give up on the team?

Im not giving up on the team. I just dont think they are as fun to watch anymore, and I doubt they go too far this year.

Breck Bronc
03-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Scott Parker just climbed the glass between the benches to try and get at Nashville's Brendan Witt. He was already getting a penalty for elbowing Jordin Tootoo, he picked up a couple of misconducts and was on his way to the locker room when he went bananas and tried to get over the glass at Witt. Parker ended up getting 2 for elbowing, 2 for unsportsmanlike conduct, 10 minute misconduct and a game misconduct. He can probably expect a suspension here shortly.

Crazy stuff.Ladies and gentlemen, Scott Parker, former 1st round draft pick of the Colorado Avalanche :-/ . If only Lacroix would have gone in another direction with that pick. We'd be looking at maybe the greatest draft haul of all-time had he picked Gagne, Gomez or Cheechoo instead of a fighter.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Crosby with 2 goals and an assist so far....early 2nd period. Pens 5 Devils 1

Bronx33
03-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Avs up 3-0 over the flames after 2 budaj is playing fricken great and so is the forst line.

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Congrats to Peter Budaj on getting his first career shutout in a 3-0 win over Calgary.

Excellent all-around performance by the Avs. They move into 1st place for the moment, but they play in Calgary tomorrow night and the Flames have 3 games in hand.

Still, very strong showing by the entire Avs team.

Bronx33
03-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats to Peter Budaj on getting his first career shutout in a 3-0 win over Calgary.

Excellent all-around performance by the Avs. They move into 1st place for the moment, but they play in Calgary tomorrow night and the Flames have 3 games in hand.

Still, very strong showing by the entire Avs team.

I have no complaints in this game, great team effort.

Breck Bronc
03-12-2006, 05:07 PM
I feel bad for MightySmurf. He doesn't want to watch Peter Budaj play and therefore missed an excelled performance by the Avs and their goaltender.

:notworthy at Budaj's save at the end of the second period.

Breck Bronc
03-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I'd love to see what this lineup could do when healthy:

Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk
Konowalchuk-Turgeon-Svatos
Laaksonen-Dowd-Laperriere
Brunette-McLean-Hinote
(extras-McCormick, Richardson, Boughner, May)

Blake-Liles
Clark-Skrastins
Sauer-Vaananen
(extra-Brisebois)

Theodore
Budaj

We'll never see this lineup because of season ending injuries, obviously. There would be balanced scoring, good checking and penalty killing forwards, and a decent defense. The Sauer/Vaananen pairing would be a little slow, but I would never dress Brisebois again after watching his play of late. His lame attempt at punching the puck out of the air with his glove today almost cost Budaj his first career shutout.

I'd give Theodore a chance to regain his past form, but if he faltered I wouldn't hesitate to play Budaj as the #1.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Unfortunatley I CANT watch the Avs in Jags-Suck-Ville. I did listen to the game however. ONe shutout isnt something to piss your pants oer, but Budaj played well.

I still wish we had Aebischer.

Breck Bronc
03-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Unfortunatley I CANT watch the Avs in Jags-Suck-Ville. I did listen to the game however. ONe shutout isnt something to piss your pants oer, but Budaj played well.

I still wish we had Aebischer.Damn, I pissed the hell out of my pants after the game today. If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Just busting your balls, Smurf. I know you're an Aebischer fan, but Budaj, as a rookie, has put up just as good or maybe better stats than your boy.

Bronx33
03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Damn, I pissed the hell out of my pants after the game today. If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Just busting your balls, Smurf. I know you're an Aebischer fan, but Budaj, as a rookie, has put up just as good or maybe better stats than your boy.

Plus he has a really cool hockey name....................Budaj!

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Poor Ovechkin. :strong:

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Crosby with 2 assists so far. 3rd period, Penguins 2 Flyers 0.

Fleury is owning.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Crosby with 2 assists so far. 3rd period, Penguins 2 Flyers 0.

Fleury is owning.
Will you be here if they find another way to lose

Jori
03-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I'd love to see what this lineup could do when healthy:

Tanguay-Sakic-Hejduk
Konowalchuk-Turgeon-Svatos
Laaksonen-Dowd-Laperriere
Brunette-McLean-Hinote
(extras-McCormick, Richardson, Boughner, May)

Blake-Liles
Clark-Skrastins
Sauer-Vaananen
(extra-Brisebois)

Theodore
Budaj

We'll never see this lineup because of season ending injuries, obviously. There would be balanced scoring, good checking and penalty killing forwards, and a decent defense. The Sauer/Vaananen pairing would be a little slow, but I would never dress Brisebois again after watching his play of late. His lame attempt at punching the puck out of the air with his glove today almost cost Budaj his first career shutout.

I'd give Theodore a chance to regain his past form, but if he faltered I wouldn't hesitate to play Budaj as the #1.

I think the blueline next year will be different, but the forward group should stay relatively the same; just add Wolski :militia:

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Will you be here if they find another way to lose

Ive been "here" all season.

In fact, losing is in their best interest so it wouldnt bother me at all if they lost.

But...I enjoy seeing us beat the Flyers especially and I want Fleury to get his first shutout of the season.

Crosby has cut AO's lead down to 5 points with Sid's 5 point weekend.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Ive been "here" all season.

In fact, losing is in their best interest so it wouldnt bother me at all if they lost.

But...I enjoy seeing us beat the Flyers especially and I want Fleury to get his first shutout of the season.

Crosby has cut AO's lead down to 5 points with Sid's 5 point weekend.
I thought you'd get sick of watching your team lose. I guess it's all about individual goals now (rookie race), and the lottery instead of winning.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:30 PM
****....7 min powerplay for Philly. Stupid ****ing andre roy

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:31 PM
I thought you'd get sick of watching your team lose. I guess it's all about individual goals now (rookie race), and the lottery instead of winning.

What the **** is your problem?

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
What the **** is your problem?
Are you still jacking off to your avatar

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Are you still jacking off to your avatar

No need to, your sister just left.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Outstanding PP killing so far. Killed off 5 and a half minutes....only 1:30 more of PP time.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:36 PM
No need to, your sister just left.
How old are you again

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:38 PM
How old are you again

Old enough for your sister obviously.

Besides, you've got some nerve questioning the maturity of others when you only seem to show up here to be ********** to everyone.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:39 PM
We killed it off. 7 min power play and they only got a single shot!!!

Go Pens

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Old enough for your sister obviously.

Besides, you've got some nerve questioning the maturity of others when you only seem to show up here to be ********** to everyone.
Intimidating. Run off to your french b**** now

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:42 PM
Intimidating. Run off to your french b**** now

I didn't know your sister was french.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Good one homo. Theo must really be getting to you

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Penguins 2 Flyers 0.

Final.

Marc Andre Fleury's first shutout of the season.

:strong:

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 08:47 PM

You really need to grow the **** up.

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:48 PM

You should be afraid that he'll get to your sister. Many have.

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Penguins 2 Flyers 0.

Final.

Marc Andre Fleury's first shutout of the season.

:strong:

Good to see him finally getting to settle in as the #1 starter. Now they need only to build a defense in front of him and you guys will be in business.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
You should be afraid that he'll get to your sister. Many have.
That's lame, considering I don't have a "sister". I'm sure Theo hasn't had enough of you.

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 08:59 PM
That's lame, considering I don't have a "sister". I'm sure Theo hasn't had enough of you.

What's really lame is some moose raping loser from America Jr. like you bringing his neverending case of penis envy to an otherwise civil thread.

Run along, eh.

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Don't take it personal, bud. I'm just having fun here.

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 09:03 PM

By being an asshole?

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Fair enough, but there's no need to pile on the Pens fans. The fact that they stick by their squad through all the crap the Pens have been through should buy them a pass from that stuff.

Save it for someone who deserves it......like Leaf fans. :~ohyah!:

Al Wilson
03-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Save it for someone who deserves it......like Leaf fans. :~ohyah!:
I think they had enough of us

Mogulseeker
03-12-2006, 09:35 PM
I think the blueline next year will be different, but the forward group should stay relatively the same; just add Wolski :militia:

In hindsight, thats really not a bad roster.

Mogulseeker
03-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Damn, I pissed the hell out of my pants after the game today. If peeing in your pants is cool, consider me Miles Davis.

Understand my pain.

My boys, as you call them, before this season started were Aebischer, Svatos and of course, Forsberg.... I liked Vaananen a lot to. I guess I just like European players. I think they handle themselves a lot better. To me, personality is almost as important as skill.

Guess I'll have to find a new crop of players to grow attached to.

Ray Finkle
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Rangers lose in OT and probably Rosie for the season....that knee injury didn't look good...

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Rangers lose in OT and probably Rosie for the season....that knee injury didn't look good...

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Rosie?

Mogulseeker
03-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Michal Rozsival

Jori
03-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Denver's two year run as NCAA hockey champs has ended. They were upset by Minnesota Duluth in a three game opening round WCHA series. Denver's record will not be good enough to earn them a bid to the national tournament. Tough way to end the season, but Denver had too many injuries and inconsistent play. Denver has a very good freshmen class coming in next year and if Matt Carle returns, they will be good enough to make a run next season.

Go DU!

P.S. CC was also eliminated from the WCHA playoffs. Their pairwise ranking is better then Denver's but they were tied for 10th going into tonight and may lose out due to tie brakers. We shall see.

P.S.S. Yo Pierre...sign the kid in my avatar!

Clockwork Orange
03-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Tough one for DU tonight. A nightmarish 4 minute stretch put them in a hole that they couldn't climb out of.

All great runs come to an end eventually. Thanks to all the players and coaches, I enjoyed every minute of it.

Go DU!! :)

Mtbrncofn
03-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Guess I'll have to find a new crop of players to grow attached to.
I had to....you can too.

Breck Bronc
03-13-2006, 12:02 AM
I didn't know your sister was french.Owned.

Rascal
03-13-2006, 09:00 AM
GO BUDAJ!!!!!

WOOT!!!!

Through two games he is making Pierre look like a genious.

alkemical
03-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey us pens fans have been here all season - we are just quiet!

Anyway, they do have the pieces to build infront of fluery, orpik, whitney are good cornerstones - Welch will get called up for next season.

Gonchar has been playing great the last few games - i wish he would have started out like that though.

Ray Finkle
03-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but who's Rosie?

Martin Rucinsky

I thought you guys would remember his nickname from when he was with the Avs...

Jori
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Rucinsky wasn't here long enough to develop any nicknames :D

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2006, 11:56 AM
I thought you guys would remember his nickname from when he was with the Avs...

Like Jori said, his stay here was rather short.

Smiling Assassin27
03-13-2006, 01:12 PM
GO BUDAJ!!!!!

WOOT!!!!

Through two games he is making Pierre look like a genious.

credit where it's due...the kid is making the most of his opportunity. shutting out the flames is no small task.

Ray Finkle
03-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Like Jori said, his stay here was rather short.

I thought he was here for a couple of years....sorry.

Clockwork Orange
03-13-2006, 02:55 PM
I thought he was here for a couple of years....sorry.

He was traded to Montreal in the Roy deal.

Breck Bronc
03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
I thought he was here for a couple of years....sorry.He was in Colorado for two months from October 1995 to December 1995, when he was part of the Patrick Roy trade. He would have put up some big numbers with the '95-'96 Avalanche, but Roy was obviously a much more important piece of the puzzle.

Pendejo
03-13-2006, 05:25 PM

Crazy stuff.

He got two games. I wonder if Witt called him a name?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2367071

TORONTO -- San Jose Sharks forward Scott Parker was suspended for two games Monday for attempting to climb a glass barrier to fight Nashville's Brendan Witt.

Parker elbowed Nashville's Jordin Tootoo late in the second period of his team's 3-2 win on Saturday. After leaving the ice, Parker tried climbing the glass barrier to get at Witt.

Neither Parker nor Witt, making his Nashville debut after a deadline trade from Washington, managed to land any big punches. Both were ejected after teammates and coaches quickly pulled them down.

Parker will miss games against Los Angeles on Monday and St. Louis on Thursday and will forfeit $5,971.42 in salary

Bronx33
03-14-2006, 05:41 PM
I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd flames game can somebody give me a low down on how they played and what was the problems?

Breck Bronc
03-14-2006, 05:57 PM
I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd flames game can somebody give me a low down on how they played and what was the problems?Budaj gave up two goals he'd like to have back in the first period, particularly the Marchment goal. Calgary then took a 3-0 on a 5-on-3 Iginla goal. The game appeared to be over until Sakic scored in the third period to make it 3-1, followed by Hejduk scoring a nice goal to bring the Avs within one. Chuck Kobasew scored with 4 minutes left to make it 4-2 and it looked like the Avs were done again. Then we pulled Budaj and Tanguay scored on a nice feed from Blake. The Avs then got a 4-on-3 powerplay with about 70 seconds left, which they turned into a 5-on-3 by pulling Budaj again. Unfortunately Sakic lost a huge faceoff in the Calgary zone and Blake took a penalty that finally ended the game for good.

The Avs didn't play great in the first 40 minutes, but they once again showed heart in coming back to make it a game, unlike Calgary the day before.

If Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, and Blake keep playing like this then the Avs should make the playoffs quite comfortably. I think Calgary has the division in their hands now that they're one point ahead of us with three games in hand while the Canucks and Oilers seem to be fading.

The teams to watch out for right now are Anaheim and San Jose.

Mtbrncofn
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
I didn't get to watch much of the 2nd flames game can somebody give me a low down on how they played and what was the problems?

I got to see it in person! It really was a blast. The Flames fans weren't too hard on us. Their damn mascot gave ME the most grief.

It was really disheartening to be sitting there in the midst of all the Flames fans and have them go up 3-0. Every time they score a goal, they have these pyrotechnics set up in the rafters and along the bottom edge of their scoreboard. ( I have to admit, it was pretty cool. ) I got to feel the heat of those damn things 3 times before anything decent happened.

The May/McCarty fight was really close to us and from our vantage point, May definitely looked like the winner. I could hear the fans around us getting worried when the second goal was scored. When I stood up to cheer for our goals, I totally expected to be pelted with something, but I wasn't. There was a lot of talk about Sakic around us. A chant started up in the 2nd, "Go home, Sakic, go home." Kinda surprised me.

The officials seemed to be letting a lot of stuff go on both sides it seemed.

Things I noticed:
* Seeing them in person was amazing. They're so fast!
* Brett Clark seems to have a mouth piece solely to chew on throughout the game.
* Ian Laperriere seems to talk to himself the whole game.
* When those pucks hit the glass in front of you, it's freakin loud! I just about **** myself a time or two.
* They play awesome music in the arena.

That's it. I know I rambled, but it was so cool to finally see them in person. I would love beyond pretty much anything to come to Denver to see them with the home crowd.

Al Wilson
03-14-2006, 09:03 PM
Alfie nets the winner with 6 seconds to go

Clockwork Orange
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Alfie nets the winner with 6 seconds to go

He's having a Hart Trophy caliber season.

Pendejo
03-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I got to see it in person! It really was a blast. The Flames fans weren't too hard on us. Their damn mascot gave ME the most grief.

It was really disheartening to be sitting there in the midst of all the Flames fans and have them go up 3-0. Every time they score a goal, they have these pyrotechnics set up in the rafters and along the bottom edge of their scoreboard. ( I have to admit, it was pretty cool. ) I got to feel the heat of those damn things 3 times before anything decent happened.

The May/McCarty fight was really close to us and from our vantage point, May definitely looked like the winner. I could hear the fans around us getting worried when the second goal was scored. When I stood up to cheer for our goals, I totally expected to be pelted with something, but I wasn't. There was a lot of talk about Sakic around us. A chant started up in the 2nd, "Go home, Sakic, go home." Kinda surprised me.

Things I noticed:
* Brett Clark seems to have a mouth piece soley to chew on throughout the game.
* When those pucks hit the glass in front of you, it's freakin loud! I just about **** myself a time or two.

That's it. I know I rambled, but it was so cool to finally see them in person. I would love beyond pretty much anything to come to Denver to see them with the home crowd.

There was actually a good picture of May pummeling McCarty in the San Diego Union Tribune today. I was shocked.

You're right on mt...you don't realize how fast those bastards are until you see it in person. That's why hockey is where it is amongst the major sports. It simply doesn't translate well to television.

Minor league hockey is great as well.

Glad you got to see the boys in person...sorry they couldn't pull it out.

Mtbrncofn
03-14-2006, 09:25 PM
There was actually a good picture of May pummeling McCarty in the San Diego Union Tribune today. I was shocked.

You're right on mt...you don't realize how fast those bastards are until you see it in person. That's why hockey is where it is amongst the major sports. It simply doesn't translate well to television.

Minor league hockey is great as well.

Glad you got to see the boys in person...sorry they couldn't pull it out.

Yeah, me too, but after the first two periods had gone by, all I was hoping at that point was that they'd score at least one goal! I was getting worried.

And holy **** is gas in Canada expensive. It's like 4 bucks a gallon!

Breck Bronc
03-14-2006, 09:25 PM
The Canucks are about to lose their 5th straight game in humiliating fashion.

Nothing short of a third Avalanche Stanley Cup would be better than the Canucks missing the playoffs this season. Their upcoming schedule is not easy.

Pendejo
03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
The Canucks are about to lose their 5th straight game in humiliating fashion.

Nothing short of a third Avalanche Stanley Cup would be better than the Canucks missing the playoffs this season. Their upcoming schedule is not easy.

Yeah...the Predleys have their sh!t together this year, and the Cansucks are beat up and have that mental patient Crawford behind the bench.

F 'em. F'em one-thousand times.

(Edit: Cripes. I didn't realize that the Avs were only 4 points behind the Preds. They've got a real scrappy bunch this year. This may be the first time since 2001 this team will realize it's potential.)

Breck Bronc
03-14-2006, 09:31 PM

Things I noticed:

That's it. I know I rambled, but it was so cool to finally see them in person. I would love beyond pretty much anything to come to Denver to see them with the home crowd.Was this your first NHL game, Mt?

I'm making the trip up to Calgary for the Avs/Flames game on April 13th. One of my friends lives in downtown Calgary and hooked me up with some good tickets and a place for me to stay. I'm hoping the Avs and Flames are tied for first at that point, setting up a huge game.

Mtbrncofn
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Was this your first NHL game, Mt?

I'm making the trip up to Calgary for the Avs/Flames game on April 13th. One of my friends lives in downtown Calgary and hooked me up with some good tickets and a place for me to stay. I'm hoping the Avs and Flames are tied for first at that point, setting up a huge game.

It was my first. We had awesome tix, I thought. They were 2 rows from the glass in the corner. It was the end that the Avs attacked in twice, so all the goals were scored right in front of us.

It was awesome. Hopefully the fans were as decent to you as they were to us.

Bronx33
03-14-2006, 10:29 PM

Things I noticed:

Great Mt! too bad the avs couldn't treat ya to a win but ill bet the flames fan got quit there when we almost caught em.

Bronx33
03-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Budaj gave up two goals he'd like to have back in the first period, particularly the Marchment goal. Calgary then took a 3-0 on a 5-on-3 Iginla goal. The game appeared to be over until Sakic scored in the third period to make it 3-1, followed by Hejduk scoring a nice goal to bring the Avs within one. Chuck Kobasew scored with 4 minutes left to make it 4-2 and it looked like the Avs were done again. Then we pulled Budaj and Tanguay scored on a nice feed from Blake. The Avs then got a 4-on-3 powerplay with about 70 seconds left, which they turned into a 5-on-3 by pulling Budaj again. Unfortunately Sakic lost a huge faceoff in the Calgary zone and Blake took a penalty that finally ended the game for good.

The Avs didn't play great in the first 40 minutes, but they once again showed heart in coming back to make it a game, unlike Calgary the day before.

If Sakic, Hejduk, Tanguay, and Blake keep playing like this then the Avs should make the playoffs quite comfortably. I think Calgary has the division in their hands now that they're one point ahead of us with three games in hand while the Canucks and Oilers seem to be fading.

The teams to watch out for right now are Anaheim and San Jose.

Thanks breck...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2006, 11:04 PM
3 more points tonight

Bronx33
03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
3 more points tonight

It's about time that slacker contributed.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
3 more points tonight

Your boy is also only like a goal behind Jagr for the league lead too.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-14-2006, 11:10 PM
He had a couple great chances that he missed on tonight and then almost scored a goal from his knees

DivineLegion
03-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Canes are Three games away from clinching....

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
Canes are Three games away from clinching....

I like the canes i love watching there games and staal has been a powerhouse in my FHL....

DivineLegion
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I like the canes i love watching there games and staal has been a powerhouse in my FHL....

Weight is comming into his own and starting to feel more comfortable wich is a huge +, hopefully Recchi follows suite alittle sooner and starts making an impact. Im excited, this is the first year I have ever Followed Hockey Thoroughly im pumped that the Canes (my home town team) are doing so well :thumbs:

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Weight is comming into his own and starting to feel more comfortable wich is a huge +, hopefully Recchi follows suite alittle sooner and starts making an impact. Im excited, this is the first year I have ever Followed Hockey Thoroughly im pumped that the Canes (my home town team) are doing so well :thumbs:

Ya noticed they are bumping up weights minute up slowly.

alkemical
03-15-2006, 03:32 PM
There are rumors Recchi & crosby didn't get along.....

Pendejo
03-15-2006, 03:35 PM

Staal is a legit stud. That's one thing the NHL has going for it right now. There are a lot of very talented youngsters.

They need to figure out a way to market them

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Staal is a legit stud. That's one thing the NHL has going for it right now. There are a lot of very talented youngsters.

They need to figure out a way to market them

I don't want to see the NHL get as big as the NBA and the NFL. (keep it real) old time hockey like eddie shore as soon as you give guys huge egos the sport suffers.

DivineLegion
03-15-2006, 03:37 PM
There are rumors Recchi & crosby didn't get along.....

I think its funny, my best friend is a Pens fan and his favoirte player is Recchi...He hates Carolina with a passion and will root for any team just to watch them loose...he flipped when he saw this trade go through

Pendejo
03-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I don't want to see the NHL get as big as the NBA and the NFL. (keep it real) old time hockey like eddie shore as soon as you give guys huge egos the sport suffers.

You don't have to worry about it getting as big as the NBA, or the NFL. It simply won't. It is not a good television sport.

The NHL needs a larger fan base, so they need to market the extraordinarily skilled young players like mad so they can get more people to come out to the rink, and watch on t.v.

There are already huge egos in EVERY sport. Pumping up how good your product is, and aggressively showing people why they need to buy in to it is not going to make the sport suffer. It will be better in the long run. Right now hockey is merely a niche sport.

(Edit: Obviously I'm looking at this with a xenophobic American eye.)

alkemical
03-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I think its funny, my best friend is a Pens fan and his favoirte player is Recchi...He hates Carolina with a passion and will root for any team just to watch them loose...he flipped when he saw this trade go through

I like recchi too, but i'd rather kick the old guys loose.

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 04:34 PM
You don't have to worry about it getting as big as the NBA, or the NFL. It simply won't. It is not a good television sport.

The NHL needs a larger fan base, so they need to market the extraordinarily skilled young players like mad so they can get more people to come out to the rink, and watch on t.v.

There are already huge egos in EVERY sport. Pumping up how good your product is, and aggressively showing people why they need to buy in to it is not going to make the sport suffer. It will be better in the long run. Right now hockey is merely a niche sport.

(Edit: Obviously I'm looking at this with a xenophobic American eye.)

I just don't see the NHL having a TO do you? i love the respect for the game and it's history.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Pendejo is right though, for the NHL to suceed they need to market fan favorites. Hockey players are just too classy (for lack of a better word) that they don't gain huge followings like, for instance, a TO.

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
I like to think of NHL fans as being the elite sports fans..

phillybroncosnut
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I for one like the NHL how it is. I could give a rats ass about ratings. I want the NHl to remain the same. I love the Cult following that NHl fans are.
IMO, the bigger the NHL gets, the more watered down it will become.

Kid A
03-15-2006, 04:58 PM
I for one like the NHL how it is. I could give a rats ass about ratings. I want the NHl to remain the same. I love the Cult following that NHl fans are.

Exactly. My non-hockey watching friends joke about the nhl, but I couldn't care less. As long as there are enough of us it doesn't need to get NFL tv ratings. I'd rather watch nhl any day over mlb or nba, even if most of america disagrees.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 05:01 PM

Me too

Bronx33
03-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Exactly. My non-hockey watching friends joke about the nhl, but I couldn't care less. As long as there are enough of us it doesn't need to get NFL tv ratings. I'd rather watch nhl any day over mlb or nba, even if most of america disagrees.

100% agree the nba and mlb do absolutley nothing for me the over payed egos the steroid issues the images they portray ect ect ect and can say i haven't watch more than 10mins of either one in my lifetime.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 05:03 PM

I'd like to see the trapezoid removed and make goalies fair game when they leave their crease.

This would increase goals AND toughness/hits. The NHL right now is fun, but it is a pussified shel of its former self. I hear older guys talking about the "Old" NHL where if your star simply got nicked, the enforcers would immediatley dish out some pain. Good times.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
100% agree the nba and mlb do absolutley nothing for me the over payed egos the steroid issues the images they portray ect ect ect and can say i haven't watch more than 10mins of either one in my lifetime.

I tried getting into the NBA a couple of years ago when the Nuggets were gaining popularity. I just couldent do it.

alkemical
03-15-2006, 05:06 PM
I like the NHL, and i love the New NHL. It's fast, it's fun - lots of young kids taking to the ice and doing well....

the hits are still there, anyone who isn't seeing them isn't watching hockey.

phillybroncosnut
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd like to see the trapezoid removed and make goalies fair game when they leave their crease.

This would increase goals AND toughness/hits. The NHL right now is fun, but it is a pussified shel of its former self. I hear older guys talking about the "Old" NHL where if your star simply got nicked, the enforcers would immediatley dish out some pain. Good times.

2 things lead to the "pussification" of the NHL.

1) Political correctness! Funny how the thing that is singlehandedly ruining this country is the same thing that lead to the pussification of the NHL. Sadly, we will never see the same NHL as I did growing up watching the broad street Bullies in the late 70's. The bench clearing brawls, the thundourous hits, the rockem sockem robot fights. All gone because the NHL started to grow into a wider america and pussies started complaining.

2) the instigator rule. While we'll never see the bench clearing brawl anymore because of the PC police, this rule can, and needs to be changed. Back in the good old days of Hockey, you didn't see incidents that are common place today. You did see careless acts like Todd Bertuzzi jumping a guy from behind. You didn't see Marty McSorley acts where a player takes his stick and swings it like a baseball bat to hit another player in the back of the head. You didn't see cowards like Darius Kasperitis taking knee cap shots in an attempt to blow another players knee out night after night. Why? Because the players policed themselves. They were tough as hell but they had something that is very much lacking in today's NHL..... MUTUAL RESPECT FOR EVERY PLAYER!
The instigator rule was a failed attempt to keep the players clean. The instigator rule failed so bad that it actually did the opposite of what they implimeted it to do.
The Instigator rule now give the Darius Kasperitis' of the NHL a free pass to take run after run at players knees and he knows in the back of his mind that he won't have to man up to defend his cowardly acts. The NHL has his back. It's like his security blanket.

These are the 2 biggest reasons you'll NEVER see 70's style Hockey.

alkemical
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Hmm, let's see - doesn't matter what type of hockey is played... the flyers have as much a shot as winning the cup as my pens do this year.

It's the curse man, it's the curse.

phillybroncosnut
03-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Hmm, let's see - doesn't matter what type of hockey is played... the flyers have as much a shot as winning the cup as my pens do this year.

It's the curse man, it's the curse.

You had to take a shot huh? BASTAGE!

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
I'd like to see my boy Lundqvist and the Rangers make a run for the cup if the Av's cant.

Al Wilson
03-15-2006, 09:03 PM
Lundqvist is my choice for the Calder.

Anyways, Sens are playing real well without Hasek. The Sens will be much better when Havlat & Hasek get back hopefully.

Mogulseeker
03-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Ovechkin will take the Calder.

He would be my last choice between him, Crosby, and Lundqvist.

Mtbrncofn
03-16-2006, 12:39 AM

He'd be your last choice? Oh for cryin out loud. :nono:

Hercules Rockefeller
03-16-2006, 08:32 AM

Yeah, why would someone be dumb enough to give the rookie with the most points the Calder when he has more assists (39) than the second leading scorer on the team has points (Zubrus-38)? Ziggy Palffy retired awhile ago and he'd still be the 2nd leading scorer on the Caps.

Ray Finkle
03-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah, why would someone be dumb enough to give the rookie with the most points the Calder when he has more assists (39) than the second leading scorer on the team has points (Zubrus-38)? Ziggy Palffy retired awhile ago and he'd still be the 2nd leading scorer on the Caps.

Ov is the Calder....Crosby is a whiny bitch and it never goes to the goalie....

alkemical
03-16-2006, 09:26 AM
Crosby does yap, but so did all the greats... wayne, mario, forsberg....

FYI Pallfy is still the 3rd leading scorer on the pens....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/stats?team=pit

Ray Finkle
03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Crosby does yap, but so did all the greats... wayne, mario, forsberg....

FYI Pallfy is still the 3rd leading scorer on the pens....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/stats?team=pit

difference between whinning and yapping....Wayne and Mario yapped after they established themselves (Forsberg is not a great he flops/dives to much)...What has Crosby done to complain about every time someone hits him...I know he is young but someone really should beat some sense into him...

alkemical
03-16-2006, 10:22 AM
difference between whinning and yapping....Wayne and Mario yapped after they established themselves (Forsberg is not a great he flops/dives to much)...What has Crosby done to complain about every time someone hits him...I know he is young but someone really should beat some sense into him...

Actually he's done much better the last half of the year... his PIM"s are WAAAAAY down -

But how were you when you were 18? Now imagine if you are 18 and have been sooooo good for as long as you been alive?

I cut him slack, he's young, he's only 18 and he's got a pt/game avg. He's not a bad guy - Also remember he's coming from the juniors to the NHL, not a mens pro league as well.

It's an adjustment.

Mogulseeker
03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I still take Crosby. Ovechkin has had a better season, but I cant stand the guy.

Ovechkin, trying to be special and different with that retarded reflective visor and those ugly skates.

Crosby is just young and will adapt to the league.

Mtbrncofn
03-16-2006, 05:22 PM
I still take Crosby. Ovechkin has had a better season, but I cant stand the guy.

Ovechkin, trying to be special and different with that retarded reflective visor and those ugly skates.

Crosby is just young and will adapt to the league.

That damn Ovechkin....trying to make a fashion statement. What is he thinking? ::)

At this point, I'd give it to Ovechkin first, Lundquist next and Crosby third. Ray Fink's right, the goalies never get it.

Mtbrncofn
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM

We are. ;D

alkemical
03-16-2006, 05:25 PM
hey i have no qualms saying ovechkin is better than crosby (at this pt anyway) -

but crosby is great, i love watching him play - and he's more of a dynamic playmaker, than a 'goal' scorer.

But you can't go wrong with either kid really.

Clockwork Orange
03-16-2006, 06:49 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158726&hubname=

NHL salary cap is set to go up to $46 million next year.

Breck Bronc
03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=158726&hubname=

NHL salary cap is set to go up to $46 million next year.If only that was the cap number this season. We'd have Forsberg/Foote instead of Turgeon/Brisebois and still be a Cup contender instead of hoping to make the playoffs.

Jori
03-16-2006, 09:47 PM
If Saskin gets his way it's only going up to $42 million.

The Avs offense and goaltending is pretty much set going into 06-07. They need to rebuild the defense. I'd say good-bye to Boughner and if there is anyway of getting rid of Breezeby...DO IT!!!

The Avs are thin on defensive prospects (that's why the Ballard trade hurts so much) and unless Boychuk magically turns into a top four defenseman, the Avs will need to fill holes via free agency. It would be a dream to get a guy like Chara or Redden, but a guy like McKee would be a good start.

Speaking of goaltenders, Theodore is finally in Denver and should get on the ice tomorrow. He was staying in Montreal because his girlfriend was to give birth to a daughter.

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 12:18 AM
If Saskin gets his way it's only going up to $42 million.

The Avs offense and goaltending is pretty much set going into 06-07. They need to rebuild the defense. I'd say good-bye to Boughner and if there is anyway of getting rid of Breezeby...DO IT!!!

The Avs are thin on defensive prospects (that's why the Ballard trade hurts so much) and unless Boychuk magically turns into a top four defenseman, the Avs will need to fill holes via free agency. It would be a dream to get a guy like Chara or Redden, but a guy like McKee would be a good start.

Speaking of goaltenders, Theodore is finally in Denver and should get on the ice tomorrow. He was staying in Montreal because his girlfriend was to give birth to a daughter.

Good Lord, Chara or Redden. We can dream.

Theo is gonna skate already? Wow.

Jori
03-17-2006, 07:20 AM
Theo is testing his foot, don't get too excited. I know he's pretty and all, but damn ;)

alkemical
03-17-2006, 07:34 AM
i found that source about crosby and recchi

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/sports/penguinslive/s_432969.html

Crosby has endured it all with a veteran's poise and perspective, taking over as the spokesman for the Penguins before Lemieux called it a career and handling off-ice issues that arose with Recchi, a linemate of Crosby's prior to being dealt to Carolina last Thursday with whom Crosby worked wonderfully on the ice.

This is a suck job of an article - I think crosby yaps a bit too much yet - he's really cut down though through the second half (he got one last night for barkin). I don't know if he needs to be benched, but i also attrib it to him being 18.

He has improved at faceoffs tremendosly though, and has really become better at working in his own zone.

Ray Finkle
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM
Actually he's done much better the last half of the year... his PIM"s are WAAAAAY down -

But how were you when you were 18? Now imagine if you are 18 and have been sooooo good for as long as you been alive?

I cut him slack, he's young, he's only 18 and he's got a pt/game avg. He's not a bad guy - Also remember he's coming from the juniors to the NHL, not a mens pro league as well.

It's an adjustment.

True but I can't stand Crosby right now...all world talent. I remember in a game against the Rangers, he crossed check Kasper in the back which sent Kasper in to Henrik just as a shot was taken. Both Crosby and Kasper went into the net and the goal was dissallowed. Crosby gets up and starts jumping at the ref wondering why he got a penalty and the goal was waived off.....

Ray Finkle
03-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Theo is gonna skate already? Wow.

I think the Sens keep Chara....I know for a fact that which everone they don't sign, the Rangers are going to make it their top priority to sign the other...

alkemical
03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
True but I can't stand Crosby right now...all world talent. I remember in a game against the Rangers, he crossed check Kasper in the back which sent Kasper in to Henrik just as a shot was taken. Both Crosby and Kasper went into the net and the goal was dissallowed. Crosby gets up and starts jumping at the ref wondering why he got a penalty and the goal was waived off.....

So, it's not like i've never seen jagr biatch and whine.

Al Wilson
03-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Stop dreaming cuz it's not gonna happen. They both will sign with the Sens.

Bronx33
03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Bish got littered for 5 goals in his canandian debut..

Mogulseeker
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Sounds like another goalie I know in his debut with a new team.....

Mogulseeker
03-17-2006, 11:50 AM

It's an adjustment.

Thank you for elaborating my thoughts.

Jori
03-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Aebischer was a bit shakey and did give up some rebounds, but the Habs defense is as poor as the Avs defense. The difference: the Avs have scored 50 more goals then Montreal. Also, at least the Avs defenders attempt to clear the puck!

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 01:22 PM
I think the Sens keep Chara....I know for a fact that which everone they don't sign, the Rangers are going to make it their top priority to sign the other...

Pretty much everyone has interest in both Chara and Redden.

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Stop dreaming cuz it's not gonna happen. They both will sign with the Sens.

I'd be surprised if both stayed. I'd expect one, but not both.

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Theo is testing his foot, don't get too excited. I know he's pretty and all, but damn ;)

I could care less about pretty, I just want to see what he can do with our team.

Bronx33
03-17-2006, 01:28 PM
I could care less about pretty, I just want to see what he can do with our team.

Ya riiiiiight! we know your a man hungry woman he11 bent for lust and nachos ADMIT IT!

Pendejo
03-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Some good news for Avs fans...

Calgary left a point on the ice in their overtime loss to Edmonton last night, and they play the Predleys in Nashville tomorrow. So if the Preds handle their bidness tomorrow...the Flames will pretty much have snuffed out their advantage with three games in hand...we'll see how tomorrow goes...but if the Flames come away with anything less than a regulation win tomorrow...it's a pretty good omen for the Avs.

Every gawd damned point is critical now.

Also...apparently Jose's new teammates like him...perhaps they owe his old man money?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2373026

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Ya riiiiiight! we know your a man hungry woman he11 bent for lust and nachos ADMIT IT!

Geez. What kind of woman do you all think I am?! If Mike Ricci was a star for us, I'd be just as happy. Theo being darn good lookin is just a plus....provided he actually does something worthwhile for us.

Mtbrncofn
03-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Some good news for Avs fans...

Calgary left a point on the ice in their overtime loss to Edmonton last night, and they play the Predleys in Nashville tomorrow. So if the Preds handle their bidness tomorrow...the Flames will pretty much have snuffed out their advantage with three games in hand...we'll see how tomorrow goes...but if the Flames come away with anything less than a regulation win tomorrow...it's a pretty good omen for the Avs.

Every gawd damned point is critical now.

Also...apparently Jose's new teammates like him...perhaps they owe his old man money?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2373026

Go Preds!

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 12:52 AM
In a tribute to hockey moms and to raise awareness of breast cancer, hockey players such as Tie Domi, Mats Sundin, Steve Yzerman, Sidney Crosby and Ed Belfour will use pink sticks during games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Chatham Daily News reported Wednesday.

Each player, and goalie, has his name inscribed on the stick, which will later be autographed and auctioned to raise money for breast cancer research.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2370727

Mtbrncofn
03-18-2006, 12:59 AM
I read that today in the paper and thought that was very cool. I didn't catch any games tonight to see one though.

Jori
03-18-2006, 07:01 AM
I think cancer has touched almost everyone one way or the other, what a wonderful gesture by the NHL players.

Bronx33
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Domi with a pink stick?............lol

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 10:47 PM
The new compisite from Mission, the Pink Rebelion - http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-hklestatementseriessticksr.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1885_12754914

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I use a yellow stick :thumbs:

The Koho Revolution 4490 - http://www.hockeymonkey.com/koho4490opshk.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1884_24293566

Mtbrncofn
03-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Holy smokes! Was anyone else watching the Preds/Flames game? That was quite the game. An utter penalty and scoring fest.

Mtbrncofn
03-18-2006, 10:51 PM
I wonder how Habs fans are liking the trade.

Just doesn't look like Aebi has clicked up there yet.

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Holy smokes! Was anyone else watching the Preds/Flames game? That was quite the game. An utter penalty and scoring fest.

South Park marathon on Comedy Central..... :yayaya:

Bronx33
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
I wonder how Habs fans are liking the trade.

Just doesn't look like Aebi has clicked up there yet.

Well here ya go...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=232561

Al Wilson
03-18-2006, 10:59 PM
Any of you that watch NCAA hockey. Can you fill me in on Brian Elliot (Wisconsin Badgers goalie). I heard he's top candidate for best goalie award (not sure). Not bad for a 9th round pick for the Sens.

Stats:

Year GP W L T Min. GA GAA SOG SV% SO
2005–06 29 22 4 3 1717:40 48 1.68 723 .934 5

Mtbrncofn
03-18-2006, 11:02 PM
I use a yellow stick :thumbs:

The Koho Revolution 4490 - http://www.hockeymonkey.com/koho4490opshk.html

http://us.st11.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/hockeymonkey_1884_24293566

Hey Smurf, Halloween was 5 months ago. Ha!

Ray Finkle
03-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Pretty much everyone has interest in both Chara and Redden.

Yes both have an interest in coming back to NY according a few buddies of mine that work around the NHL....

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey Smurf, Halloween was 5 months ago. Ha!

Well the leading scorer in the NHL uses that stick. Tell that to him.

I fell in love with it from the moment I shot with it. Incredibly light with awesome flex. I like the curve too, for some reason Im more accurate with it.

That sticks gonna get me into DU :pray: (I dont fully understand the dynamics of college hockey, but I'm playing with some guys who played for the University of Minnesota of Duluth, and I'm keeping up pretty well.)

Mtbrncofn
03-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Well the leading scorer in the NHL uses that stick. Tell that to him.

I fell in love with it from the moment I shot with it. Incredibly light with awesome flex. I like the curve too, for some reason Im more accurate with it.

That sticks gonna get me into DU :pray: (I dont fully understand the dynamics of college hockey, but I'm playing with some guys who played for the University of Minnesota of Duluth, and I'm keeping up pretty well.)

Naw, I was referring to your whole getup to take the pic for us. ;)

Good luck with your hockey career.

I hope you've taken figure skating lessons because remember you told us the best skaters have taken them.

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 11:14 PM
Naw, I was referring to your whole getup to take the pic for us. ;)

Good luck with your hockey career.

I hope you've taken figure skating lessons because remember you told us the best skaters have taken them.

I just did that to get a photo of some new equipment that I bought. Thats not all of it... those Oakley visors are steep, almost as much as my helmet. I had no idea I was going to post it here.

My figure skating teacher was someone I attended high school with. I taught her how to play drums, and we did figure skating for 3 hours every Friday. Now she's the manager of The Edge Ice Arena in Littleton

Yeah, I suck at figure skating.... Um.... I was able to pull off a single lutz pretty well ;D .... I almost got a double. :giggle:

Mogulseeker
03-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Alright, this one was just for fun.... god I'm such a ****ing geek.

Bronx33
03-18-2006, 11:41 PM

Nawwwww...

Jori
03-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Any of you that watch NCAA hockey. Can you fill me in on Brian Elliot (Wisconsin Badgers goalie). I heard he's top candidate for best goalie award (not sure). Not bad for a 9th round pick for the Sens.

Stats:

Year GP W L T Min. GA GAA SOG SV% SO
2005–06 29 22 4 3 1717:40 48 1.68 723 .934 5
Had a strong season for the Badgers, but got hurt. He was the favorite for the Hobey Baker (college hockey's equivalent of the Heisman Trophy in college football). He struggled a bit once he returned from his injury, but has found his groove. He shut out the mighty Gophers today in the third place game of the WCHA Final Five. Elliot was named one of the ten finalists for the Hobey, but I doubt he wins it; due to time missed because of his injury.

Because of DU's early season exit, I think Ryan Potulny is the favorite to the win the Hobey Baker, with DU's Matt Carle running second.

Jori
03-19-2006, 11:08 AM
NCAA Hockey Tournament Field:

Midwest Regional (Green Bay)
No. 1 Wisconsin vs. No. 4 Bemidji State
No. 2 Cornell vs. No. 3 Colorado College

West Regional (Grand Forks)
No. 1 Minnesota vs. No. 4 Holy Cross
No. 2 North Dakota vs. No. 3 Michigan

East Regional (Albany)
No. 1 Michigan State vs. No. 4 New Hampshire
No. 2 Harvard vs. No. 3 Maine

Northeast Regional (Worcester)
No. 1 Boston U. vs. No. 4 Nebraska-Omaha
No. 2 Miami vs. No. 3 Boston College

24champ
03-19-2006, 11:46 AM
yeah your right, those that wear Av jerseys are geeks.;D Kings gonna kick some Av ass tommorow!:thumbs:

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 12:46 PM
The one thing i dont miss about forsberg..

ATLANTA (AP) - The slumping Philadelphia Flyers found out only minutes before Saturday night's game against the Atlanta Thrashers that star center Peter Forsberg would be held out because of a knee injury.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 12:47 PM
GAME: Colorado Avalanche (37-24-6) at San Jose Sharks (32-23-10).

TIME: Sunday, 8 p.m. EST.

The San Jose Sharks look to finish a successful homestand when they host the Colorado Avalanche.

The Sharks won the first four games before falling to Dallas 4-3 in a shootout on Saturday.

San Jose battled back from a 2-0 deficit to earn a point for the sixth straight game, going 4-0-2 in that span.

"I'm not happy with the way we played in the first half of the game, but we took control and got a number of scoring opportunities," Sharks coach Ron Wilson said.

The Sharks trailed midway through the second period before Ville Nieminen, Pat Rissmiller and Milan Michalek scored in a 79-second span.

It was the first NHL goal for Rissmiller and the first goal in a Sharks uniform for Nieminen, acquired from the New York Rangers on March 9.

"We had a chance to win it, but they're one of the best teams in the NHL," Nieminen said of the Pacific Division-leading Stars. "We're disappointed, but we're glad to get a point and keep some of our momentum going."

Michalek has two goals and four assists in his last five games while Joe Thornton had an assist and now has two goals and 10 assists during a six-game points streak.

The Sharks are currently out of the top eight spots in the Western Conference, but their recent surge - done without starting goaltender Evgeni Nabokov, out with an abdominal injury - has moved them within striking distance.

"We are fortunate to have the point because of how we started the game," said Nieminen, who spent the first three seasons of his career with Colorado. "It is a huge point in the standings."

Following this contest, the Sharks leave for a five-game road trip, and will play 10 of their final 16 away from home.

The Avalanche haven't played since Monday, when they lost to Calgary 4-3 to slip to second place behind the Flames in the Northwest Division.

Colorado is in the middle of a five-game road swing, with the next three - San Jose, Los Angeles, Anaheim - against teams fighting for a playoff spot.

"We obviously needed those two points to send a message, not only to the Flames whom we might see in the postseason, but to the rest of the division and conference," Colorado forward Dan Hinote said after the loss to the Flames. "We realize we're not where we want, which is that top spot, which we had yesterday. We've still got a lot of work to do."

Joe Sakic scored for Colorado against the Flames. Thirteen of his 23 goals this season have come on the road.

Colorado has won seven of the last nine meetings in San Jose and nine of the last 12 with the Sharks overall.

STANDINGS: Avalanche - 80 points, 2nd place, 2 PB, Northwest Division. Sharks - 74 points, 4th place, 19 PB, Pacific Division.

TEAM LEADERS: Avalanche - Marek Svatos, 32 goals; Alex Tanguay, 48 assists and 74 points; Ian Laperriere, 103 PIM. Sharks - Jonathan Cheechoo, 41 goals; Joe Thornton, 73 assists and 98 points; Mark Smith, 83 PIM.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Avalanche - Power play: 19.6 percent (79 for 404), 5th in NHL. Penalty killing: 84.5 percent (306 for 362), 7th. Sharks - Power play: 17.5 percent (69 for 394), 18th. Penalty killing: 81.4 percent (260 for 321), 21st.

GOALTENDERS: Avalanche - Peter Budaj (9-7-4, 1 SO, 2.60 GAA); Vitaly Kolesnik (3-3-0, 3.29). Sharks - Vesa Toskala (13-6-3, 2.85); Nabokov (14-16-7, 1, 2.98).

SEASON SERIES: 1-1.

LAST MEETING: Dec. 30; Sharks, 5-2. At San Jose, Calif., Joe Thornton scored two goals to help San Jose snap a four-game losing streak.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Avalanche - 16-16-1 on the road; Sharks - 21-7-6 at home.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 01:46 PM
DENVER (CP) - Goaltender Jose Theodore met his Colorado teammates for the first time Friday since being acquired from the Montreal Canadiens and said he was happy to be with the Avalanche.

"I feel comfortable in this dressing room and comfortable with my new teammates," Theodore said. "I think at this point a trade was good for my career. I see a great future." Avalanche players returned the compliment.

"This is a great acquisition for us and for Jose," said Colorado defenceman Patrice Brisebois, Theodore's teammate for nine seasons in Montreal.

Theodore, recovering from fractured right heel he suffered last month outside his Montreal home, isn't expected to be ready to play before the playoffs begin April 21. He came to Colorado in exchange for Avs goalie David Aebischer, and helped the Habs clear up massive salary cap space. Theodore will earn $5.5 million US next season and $6 million in 2007-08.

In addition to Brisebois, Theodore already knows others on his new team. Alex Tanguay was in several Team Canada training camps with him, Joe Sakic and Rob Blake were his teammates on a World Cup team, he played with Jim Dowd in Montreal and he trained with Ian Laperriere in the off-season.

"I've skated with and trained with him and tell you that he's not a loud guy in the locker-room, but more of a focus guy," Laperriere said. "He does his business quietly."

Colorado coach Joel Quenneville said that distinguishes Theodore from Patrick Roy, another Montreal goaltender the Avalanche acquired to make a Stanley Cup run.

Roy took the organization by storm when he arrived Dec. 6, 1995, and led the team to a Stanley Cup championship.

"Patrick was more experienced. Jose is quieter," Quenneville said. "Like Patrick, Jose is a big-time goaltender."

"We couldn't have gone wrong with this trade," Tanguay said. "There's aren't too many guys in this league that have won MVP honors (the Hart Trophy) and Vezina Trophy awards."

Quenneville said Theodore will not play until his heel is fully recovered. Theodore said doctors have told him they are pleased with his progress.

"They did all the tests and they told me it's healing properly," Theodore said. "We don't have a timetable, but everything is on schedule and I'm waiting to start skating soon."

Note: Also Friday, the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport in Ottawa announced what had already been made public by Theodore on Feb. 10, that he failed a doping test Dec. 9. The urine sample found Finasteride, a prohibited substance on the World Anti-Doping Agency list but also found in some hair products. Theodore used the hair product propecia and that's what led to the failed doping test.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 02:01 PM
http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=35

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/Images/NewsImages/Stastny_Action.jpg

Avalanche prospect Paul Stastny, a sophomore forward at the University of Denver, was crowned WCHA Scoring Champion and All-WCHA First Team, the league announced Friday.

Stastny captured the WCHA Scoring Title in a close race with teammate Matt Carle and Minnesota's Ryan Potulny. The sophomore edged Carle and Potulny by two points by scoring a league-high 44 points on 15 goals and 29 assists in 28 games. Overall, Stastny netted a career-high 53 points on 19 goals and 34 assists in 39 games. He led DU with 18 multi-point games, including three career-high four-point efforts. Stastny has racked up 98 points on 36 goals and 62 assists in 81 career games. He was named WCHA Rookie of the Year last season. Stastny is joined by Carle on the All-WCHA First Team.

Denver forward J.D. Corbin, also an Avalanche draft pick, was named to the All-WCHA Academic Team.

Jori
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Matt Carle forgoes his senior season to sign with the San Jose Sharks.

http://www.sjsharks.com/news/news.asp?story_id=2205

As a DU fan, it's a bitter sweet feeling, but what else does Matt have to prove at the collegiate level? Nothing! I wish him all the best.

Two big cogs gone in Gauthier (graduation) and Carle. The only other potential flight risk is Stastny. I'd be shocked if the Avs try to sign him at this point.

Andy Thomas has to be the man now on the blueline. Chris Butler will be relied upon heavily to produce offense as a sophomore defender. It will be an interesting transition come this fall.

Clockwork Orange
03-19-2006, 06:18 PM
Thanks for everything Matt, best of luck in San Jose!

Breck Bronc
03-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Not a good start for Budaj in an important game for the Avs. The Sharks are starting to dominate, too.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
Tanger out with knee injury...

Pendejo
03-19-2006, 09:06 PM
5-5 Liles ties it up...or perhaps Laaksonen(sp?)

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
Huge trip on Mclean no call and the sharks go up 6-5...(1.5 PP for us ALLLLLLL night)?

SoCalBronco
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Fleury impressive in a 1-0 loss to Toronto. Only thing he gave up was a Chad Kilger penalty shot in the third period.

Big delay due to a power outage. The fans apparently started chanting "new arena...new arena". :)

Jori
03-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Two sub-par games by Budaj. Again, this was my biggest concern regarding the trade; trusting a playoff run to two rookies. If Budaj was average the Avs skate out with two points.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Two sub-par games by Budaj. Again, this was my biggest concern regarding the trade; trusting a playoff run to two rookies. If Budaj was average the Avs skate out with two points.

Yep budaj didn't help but d@mn! work that hard to tie it up and they score after a huge trip on Mclean.

24champ
03-19-2006, 09:47 PM
Cant wait for the Kings to tear up the joint tommorow. I hope Budaj starts(smells fresh meat).

Mogulseeker
03-19-2006, 09:52 PM
kolesnik should be starting tomorow

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.ottawasun.ca/Sports/Senators/2006/03/10/1480799-sun.html

ATLANTA -- Funny guy, that Bryan Murray.

As the 3 p.m. trade deadline rolled around yesterday, the Senators coach left the ice to take a cellphone call.

It was noticed by everybody, of course, including the players who have been on eggshells for the last week or so.

Murray returned to the ice and skated right over to forward Antoine Vermette, who was seated on the bench, and everyone immediately assumed Vermette had been dealt.

"I told him I had bad news," said Murray. Vermette's shoulders slouched as Murray spoke to him.

"I told him, 'you have to stay here (with the Senators).' "

Laughs all around, except for Vermette.

"I knew he wasn't going to ask me if I had a good dinner last night," said Vermette as Murray approached. "I didn't find it funny at that point. I was hoping he was joking. I didn't want to get traded."

The Senators obtained centre Tyler Arnason from Chicago for minor-league prospect Brandon Bochenski and a second-round draft pick.

The players were glad none of their current teammates had to leave in the deal.

"I don't know much about Arnason, but I like the way (Senators GM John Muckler) kept the team together," said captain Daniel Alfredsson. "After the (Olympic) break, we're settling in to find out who's going to kill penalties, who's going to be on the power play. I like us sticking together and moving forward."

"Everyone is glad they kept the group here, first and foremost," said Senators winger Dany Heatley.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Cant wait for the Kings to tear up the joint tommorow. I hope Budaj starts(smells fresh meat).

Sorry but we are not losing 3 in a row...:strong: kolesnik should get the nod.

Jori
03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
Well tomorrow will be special in that both teams will be honoring Adam Deadmarsh before the game. Kudos to the Kings for letting the Avs participate in the festivities.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 10:36 PM
Well tomorrow will be special in that both teams will be honoring Adam Deadmarsh before the game. Kudos to the Kings for letting the Avs participate in the festivities.

Dead was our last power foward and we been missing one ever since we traded him.

24champ
03-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry but we are not losing 3 in a row...:strong: kolesnik should get the nod.
even better!:thumbs: I guess its pad your stats night tommorow for the Kings!Ha! ( actually its adam deadmarsh night)

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 10:48 PM
even better!:thumbs: I guess its pad your stats night tommorow for the Kings!Ha! ( actually its adam deadmarsh night)

Hey your not funny...:nutkick

24champ
03-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey your not funny...:nutkick
:thanku: this could be a playoff preview btw unless the rookie goalies blow it for you.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Nucks getting killed 6-3 in the 3rd.

Breck Bronc
03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
Tonight was almost a total disaster. Only the Wings helped us vs. Vancouver.

I don't care how poorly Budaj played, the Avs deserved at least a point tonight after their great comeback. The Sharks game winning goal was bogus. That's the way it's gone for the Avs this year. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay have a season ending injury, joining Kono, Vaananen, and Svatos.

Tomorrow is a must win game.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 11:08 PM
Tonight was almost a total disaster. Only the Wings helped us vs. Vancouver.

I don't care how poorly Budaj played, the Avs deserved at least a point tonight after their great comeback. The Sharks game winning goal was bogus. That's the way it's gone for the Avs this year. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Tanguay have a season ending injury, joining Kono, Vaananen, and Svatos.

Tomorrow is a must win game.

What weird is when they showed where he may have been hurt and i didn't see anything heck he got up and skated away.

Bronx33
03-19-2006, 11:10 PM
Bertuzzi is killing me in my FHL and i got rid of baumgardner and carney.

Clockwork Orange
03-20-2006, 12:12 AM
If the playoffs started today, the Canchokes would be on the golf course.

This is the risk that Lacroix ran when he made the deal for Theodore. If Budaj/Kolesnik falter (as Budaj did tonight), that one move will doom the Avs playoff hopes.

24champ
03-20-2006, 12:20 AM

This is the risk that Lacroix ran when he made the deal for Theodore. If Budaj/Kolesnik falter (as Budaj did tonight), that one move will doom the Avs playoff hopes.
I dont see you guys dropping out of playoff race anytime soon. Regardless of what happens this year, next year you will be set up pretty damn nice. Tommorow should be a good game, hoping the kings can win some games to move up in the playoff race.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Burnside's take on the last month of the season

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=2372474

Al Wilson
03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
How about the sens without Hasek? 10-1-1 in the last 12 games. Emery has been awesome, and looks to be a star in the future.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159363&hubname=nhl

Bronx33
03-20-2006, 03:15 PM

I think PL is thinking about next year and understands as we sit right now with all the injuries would not go far in the playoffs anyways, so instead of trading off some future talent or a good draft pick for a rental player, Which probably explains how unbusy he was during FA.

Pendejo
03-20-2006, 04:16 PM
I think PL is thinking about next year and understands as we sit right now with all the injuries would not go far in the playoffs anyways, so instead of trading off some future talent or a good draft pick for a rental player, Which probably explains how unbusy he was during FA.

Yeah...but they can still make the playoffs, and have an outside shot at the division. They need to pick up some points tonight in LA, and in Anaheim on Wednesday. Both teams are right on their heels. Wins in regulation is key here.

Mtbrncofn
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Dead was our last power foward and we been missing one ever since we traded him.

Yeah the power forward part and everything else about the guy. I am excited to see the ceremony for Deader tonight and I think it's very cool that our team gets to be part of it. ( Kinda )

Please hockey gods, we really really need these points.

Mtbrncofn
03-20-2006, 04:43 PM

And we'd be in. Ahhhh, that'd be sweet.

Bronx33
03-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Avs up 4-0 after 2 sakic with 2 goals and a helper.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 12:08 AM
5-0 win!

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 12:27 AM
That was an awesome ceremony for Deader. His cheap shot comment had me smiling and wishing his career hadn't been cut short for the 1000th time.

The game wasn't too shabby either. ;) Sean Avery is a big prick, not that we didn't know that already. Did I miss something with him and Lappy? Why won't he fight him?

Joe...what can ya say. He didn't earn the nickname Super Joe for sitting on the bench.

Nice game for the D and Budaj too. Keep it up,boys.

Here's fingers crossed that Tang's injury is very minor. :pray:

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Kings fans got what they deserved tonight after booing Sakic during Deadmarsh's ceremony. Seriously, who boos one of the most classy and respected players in NHL history when he's out there to do something nice for a former teammate? That seemed to light a fire under Sakic, who played his best game of the season.

It was nice to get some bounces go our way, especially after San Jose's bogus game winner last night.

I'm glad Q stuck with Budaj. The kid's a good goalie who had two bad first periods in a row. I'd rather have him playing down the stretch than guys like Garon, Roloson and Auld.

That was an awesome ceremony for Deader. His cheap shot comment had me smiling and wishing his career hadn't been cut short for the 1000th time.

The game wasn't too shabby either. ;) Sean Avery is a big prick, not that we didn't know that already. Did I miss something with him and Lappy? Why won't he fight him?I was rolling when Deader made the cheap shot joke. The TV producers should only show the player being celebrated and his former teammates when one of these things happen. I don't want to see any crowd reaction shots when the players are banging their sticks in respect and reacting to one of their own.

Sean Avery is a punk. He won't back up his stupid comments about French Canadian players he made last year. He is simply afraid of badly losing a fight to Ian Laperierre. Lappy obviously challenged Avery after his cowardly spear of Budaj. Avery backed down once again.

Looks like the Kings and Canucks are in serious trouble right now. The Avs aren't out of the woods, either. They should beat St. Louis in two games, but Wednesday's contest in Anaheim is the most important game the Avalanche have ever played vs. the Ducks. A win would help tremendously.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 01:03 AM

The game wasn't too shabby either. ;) Sean Avery is a big prick, not that we didn't know that already. Did I miss something with him and Lappy? Why won't he fight him?

Joe...what can ya say. He didn't earn the nickname Super Joe for sitting on the bench.

Nice game for the D and Budaj too. Keep it up,boys.

Here's fingers crossed that Tang's injury is very minor. :pray:

I see deader has packed on a few pounds, and hinote drilled avery a couple good shots in the fight, Avery would get hi arse kicked and he knows it that's why he didn't go with lappy.

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 01:07 AM
Yeah, I agree Breck, on the booing of Sakic. I thought the same thing. Although we are talking about the same fans who have been booing Rob Blake for five years now. Not surprising.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one who noticed Deader has gained a few.

The dive they called on Budaj was ridiculous. I'd like to see them stand up and act calmly after getting narded with a hockey stick.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I agree Breck, on the booing of Sakic. I thought the same thing. Although we are talking about the same fans who have been booing Rob Blake for five years now. Not surprising.

Ok, so I wasn't the only one who noticed Deader has gained a few.

The dive they called on Budaj was ridiculous. I'd like to see them stand up and act calmly after getting narded with a hockey stick.

One of the dumber calls this year the question is how are you suppose to fall after being speared in the rocks?

Mtbrncofn
03-21-2006, 01:12 AM
I'm not even a guy and I was wondering the same damn thing.

24champ
03-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Alright Av fans, I was at the game and came away pissed off. Im pissed off at alot of things, Our team came out flat and I know you all hate Avery but I like the guy and wish he would have started a fight to get things rolling. Secondly as for the ceremony I stood up and clapped, I never booed Sakic because I have met him and his wife in Vegas while they were vacationing there and they were extremely nice people. Anyway I clapped for Deadmarsh. As for the game I came away impressed with your goalie Budaj, I sat behind the goalie and he made some nifty saves. Hopefully the kings get Demitra and Frolov back soon, I think Demitra could play on sat against the Predators. We are 8-9 without Demitra which translates that we are an average team without the guy. Anyway these next 4 days we need to look at ourselves and start ramping up the intensity because today was a shame.

broncocalijohn
03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
i personally loved it tonight! The Ducks were sitting in 5th place before the Avs kings game but i think there are teams 5 - 10 all within striking distance. Giggy is back at his high as in when Ducks hit it to the Finals. This team is on fire right now. If this keeps up, AVS are in trouble come Wednesday. Ill be there and screw the Kings. Team is hurt more than any team in the NFL the last two seasons played. Walking wounded. Gutty 24 Champbailey but cant never get a full team together. Here is to the last 3 weeks! GO DUCKS!

24champ
03-21-2006, 03:00 AM
i personally loved it tonight! The Ducks were sitting in 5th place before the Avs kings game but i think there are teams 5 - 10 all within striking distance. Giggy is back at his high as in when Ducks hit it to the Finals. This team is on fire right now. If this keeps up, AVS are in trouble come Wednesday. Ill be there and screw the Kings. Team is hurt more than any team in the NFL the last two seasons played. Walking wounded. Gutty 24 Champbailey but cant never get a full team together. Here is to the last 3 weeks! GO DUCKS!
now your talking smack? Where have you been all season? Freaking front runner.LOL Im not complaining about injuries, its part of the game.

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 03:24 AM
Seriously, who boos one of the most classy and respected players in NHL history when he's out there to do something nice for a former teammate?

The same people who are still booing Rob Blake 5 years after he was traded. I'm glad that Joey took it out on them where it matters, on the scoreboard.

Budaj is currently in fine rookie form, which is to say that he's up and down. He was terrible against the Sharks and a brick wall against Los Angeles. He'll need more of the latter performances if this team is going to get into the playoffs.

This is gonna be a tight race down the stretch in the Western Conference. I love it because it becomes such a playoff atmosphere with every game and every point being so crucial.

Jori
03-21-2006, 06:11 AM
It was great to see Deadmarsh, so what if he has added a few chins :~ohyah!:

In TV and radio interviews, Deader mentioned he is living in Idaho and is looking to get back into hockey. *hint* *hint* Pierre...give the man a call...he wants a job!

Wednesday's game is huge, especiailly with the Ducks winning last night. Budaj needs to be sharp.

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 06:22 AM
It was great to see Deadmarsh, so what if he has added a few chins :~ohyah!:

I'll bet he's still in better playing shape than Keith Tkachuk was when he showed up at Blues camp a few months back.:wiggle:

But still, the guys career got cut short, who could begrudge him a few extra slices of pie?

A couple of things I noticed. First, Deader's wife is a butter face (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of the sack, just an observation). Second, do the Avs have a warehouse full of that painting that they gave him? It seems like that's the same one they give everyone at every ceremony for every occasion. Patrick Roy has to have at least three of them.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 06:46 AM
15 games left, 3 at home and 12 on the road with most of them almost all against playoff teams or teams competing for playoff spots. Hello 2nd worst record.

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 06:52 AM
15 games left, 3 at home and 12 on the road with most of them almost all against playoff teams or teams competing for playoff spots. Hello 2nd worst record.

And hello Phil Kessel.

http://www.mndaily.com/daily/2005/10/07/p2hk1007F.jpg

:yep:

Hercules Rockefeller
03-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Or EJ if they win the Lottery or Staal if someone jumps ahead of them. Any of those 3 are fine with me.

Clockwork Orange
03-21-2006, 06:55 AM
Or EJ or Staal. Any of those 3 are fine with me.

Jonathon Toews wouldn't be a bad choice either. I saw a bit of him this year and he looks like a stud in the making.

alkemical
03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
hey the pens are right 'down' there....

i'm not sure WHO'D they would take, we have lots of young D - and if they want immediate help, they'd go with a forward.

MajikMan7
03-21-2006, 10:00 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=frei_terry&id=2371146 (http://www.thebrushback.com/Archives/gretzky_full.htm)

Report: Gretzky Not Man Enough To Bet On Football

PHOENIX--When Wayne Gretzky’s wife, Janet Jones, was accused of betting thousands of dollars on professional football, many wondered if Gretzky himself was involved as well. However, a report today in The Arizona Republic appears to have cleared Gretzky of any involvement, claiming that he is way too much of a pussy to do something as cool as betting on football.

According to sources cited in the report, Gretzky is “not even man enough to buy a scratch ticket.”

“I can tell you that Wayne is one hundred percent innocent,” the source claimed. “This guy is speaking the truth. I’ve been associated with him for many years and there is no bigger pussy on earth than Wayne Gretzky. It takes balls to bet on football, especially the huge amount of money his wife was betting. That lady has the courage of ten men, unlike her husband, who would shrink in fear from a game of bingo.”

The source also called Gretzky “wishy-washy” and claimed that he warned his wife against betting several times.

“Whenever she wanted to bet on a game, he would be like ‘Honey, it’s wrong to wager on sports. Money doesn’t grow on trees, you know,’ like he was her father or something. Then she would roll her eyes and tell him to live a little. I mean it’s not like he isn’t swimming in cash. If I was him I’d be betting on everything - except for his own team, of course. Those guys are horrible.”

Hours after the report was published, Gretzky’s attorney told reporters that it was “one hundred percent accurate” and that his client should not be under any suspicion for gambling.

“This report is true. We agree with everything claimed by these sources,” said attorney Ron Fujikawa. “Simply put, gambling large sums of money is not consistent with Wayne’s personality. He’s a family man, a man of conviction and integrity that would never participate in something so illegal and dangerous. He’s a pillar of the community. He ‘s never been in an ounce of trouble his whole life. In other words, he’s a colossal bore.”

The new evidence seems to support Gretzky’s statement that he never gambled on sports, despite the fact that his assistant coach, Rick Tocchet, is charged with operating a large gambling ring that also involved his wife. Since the allegations were made, several of Gretzky’s friends and associates have come to his defense, including some of his players on the Phoenix Coyotes.

“I know Wayne and he would never do something like this,” said goalie Curtis Joseph, during a telephone interview. “It breaks my heart to see his name being dragged through the mud. This is a guy who goes through his whole life not having one ounce of fun or breaking any rules, and now he’s being questioned like he’s some kind of criminal. Sorry, but his only crime is being married to a woman who really, really liked the Steelers last week.”

Some in the media aren’t buying the latest alibi from the Gretzky camp, however. Some are even accusing the Great One of a cover up in order to protect himself from prosecution.

“I’m not buying all this ‘he’s not man enough’ B.S.,” said Jay Mariotti on Around the Horn. “Just think, if he really did bet on sports, this would be the biggest scandal in NHL history. This could bring down the whole league, and totally tarnish Gretzky’s legacy. Granted there is no evidence that he committed any crimes or placed any bets, but it’s really fun to think and talk about anyway. So let’s just pretend he did, OK?”

Hours later, Around the Horn producers announced that they will devote the next week of broadcasts to pretending that Wayne Gretzky is a gambling addict and that the scandal will rock the sports world.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 01:30 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2377203

TORONTO -- The NHL announced a new four-year labor agreement with the league's on-ice officials Monday.

Referees and linesmen ratified the extension Friday. The deal was first agreed to in late December but needed to be passed by both sides. The NHL's board of governors unanimously voted in favor of it last month.

The deal will pay first-year refs $136,000, with a maximum of $290,000 for veterans. First-year linesmen will be paid $95,000, with the most experienced earning up to $190,000.

Also part of the contract is a stipulation for mandatory helmets for all on-ice officials starting next season and mandatory visors for all incoming refs and linesman in 2007-08.

Will frazier have to cover his pretty hair?

Pendejo
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2377203

TORONTO -- The NHL announced a new four-year labor agreement with the league's on-ice officials Monday.

Referees and linesmen ratified the extension Friday. The deal was first agreed to in late December but needed to be passed by both sides. The NHL's board of governors unanimously voted in favor of it last month.

The deal will pay first-year refs $136,000, with a maximum of $290,000 for veterans. First-year linesmen will be paid $95,000, with the most experienced earning up to $190,000.

Also part of the contract is a stipulation for mandatory helmets for all on-ice officials starting next season and mandatory visors for all incoming refs and linesman in 2007-08.

Will frazier have to cover his pretty hair?

No. He has a natural helmet. So I think he's good.

Also. A great win for the Avs last night. They were flying around the ice. Hinote started the night off perfectly by getting the better of that anus lesion Sean Avery. Sakic's first goal was a beauty, and you knew then that the Avs were getting the bounces. Budaj went all Irbe on us and was "Like wall." Add to that the great ceremony for Deader before the game. It's a shame he had to get off the ice so early. He was living up to his potential with the Kings. While in Colorado he was a very good player...in L.A. he became a legit upper echelon power foward. It just ended too soon.

Time to go hunting for some duck.

Breck Bronc
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Tanguay reportedly out 2 to 4 weeks with a knee sprain. Damn, damn, damn. Sakic and Hejduk are going to have to keep up their hot streaks.

24champ
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
whats the season series between the kings vs avs?

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 03:20 PM

3-1 kings....you knew the answer didn't you ;)

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Tanguay reportedly out 2 to 4 weeks with a knee sprain. Damn, damn, damn. Sakic and Hejduk are going to have to keep up their hot streaks.

Offical link
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=159527&hubname=

ENVER (Ticker) -- If the Colorado Avalanche hope to win the Northwest Division, they may have to do so without leading scorer Alex Tanguay.

The Avalanche on Tuesday learned that Tanguay will be sidelined up to four weeks with a sprained right knee.

Tanguay, 26, suffered the injury in the first period of Colorado's 6-5 loss to the San Jose Sharks on Sunday. An MRI on Tuesday revealed no serious structural damage.

An All-Star in 2004, Tanguay has 26 goals and a team-leading 48 assists in 67 games this season.

Tanguay's injury could not have come at a worse time for the Avalanche (38-25-6), who trail the first-place Calgary Flames by two points in the division standings.

Colorado will already be without rookie sensation and leading goal scorer Marek Svatos, who is out for the remainder of the season with a fractured right shoulder.

24champ
03-21-2006, 03:48 PM
3-1 kings....you knew the answer didn't you ;)
yeah i had the broom waiting, oh well maybe ill take the broom out for the playoffs! Hope the canucks choke again tonight.

Pendejo
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM

Yeah...the Kings are up 3-1 in the season series...but are once again looking up in the standings at the Avs. Every year it's the same thing with the Kings. They whine about injuries...this year is no different...and end their season with a whimper. The Kings' window was slammed shut in '93 when Marty McSorely's stick was found to be illegal. They've been also rans ever since. Their team's highpoint in the past 13 years was upsetting Detroit in the playoffs, and of course then losing to a better team and eventual Stanley Cup champion soon thereafter.

They're less of a threat to win the cup than the Avs, and of course the Ottawa Senators...the latter team has taken the concept of the postseason choke to astronimical heights, on what in recent history has been a yearly basis.

Bronx33
03-21-2006, 03:56 PM
yeah i had the broom waiting, oh well maybe ill take the broom out for the playoffs! Hope the canucks choke again tonight.

Ehhh they are both about the same point wise i don't care who wins that one probably lean towards the nucks though.

24champ
03-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Yeah...the Kings are up 3-1 in the season series...but are once again looking up in the standings at the Avs. Every year it's the same thing with the Kings. They whine about injuries...this year is no different...and end their season with a whimper. The Kings' window was slammed shut in '93 when Marty McSorely's stick was found to be illegal. They've been also rans ever since. Their team's highpoint in the past 13 years was upsetting Detroit in the playoffs, and of course then losing to a better team and eventual Stanley Cup champion soon thereafter.

They're less of a threat to win the cup than the Avs, and of course the Ottawa Senators...the latter team has taken the concept of the postseason choke to astronimical heights, on what in recent history has been a yearly basis.
holy crap, av fans were whining about injuries this year, if only we had ( insert player name) we would be contenders. Injuries are part of the game and I have no problem with it. Just when Frolov and Demitra come back we are a way better team.

24champ
03-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Ehhh they are both about the same point wise i don't care who wins that one probably lean towards the nucks though.
waiiit a av fan leaning towards the nucks? that isnt right...

Tredici
03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
If you looked closely at Deader, his body didn't appear much bigger. His face looked puffy to me. Kind of inclined to think he is still on some type of steroid regiment for the brain.

And - His wife was right behind him. NOT the overly oranged tanned with white bleached blonde hair woman towards the back. That may have been some family member but his wife is normal looking.

Can't believe those twins are 5 years old...

No one went to the net - and owned it like Deadmarsh.

alkemical
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
i dunno, dino cicerreli did a nice job

Tredici
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
i dunno, dino cicerreli did a nice job

I should've qualified. No one wearingan Av uniform has ever come close to parking themselves as an immovable object in the crease like Deader.

Rock Chalk
03-21-2006, 04:32 PM
I should've qualified. No one wearingan Av uniform has ever come close to parking themselves as an immovable object in the crease like Deader.
I love you Tred.

alkemical
03-21-2006, 05:22 PM
considering your hate for hockey, i'd say that this is stalking.... :)

Tredici
03-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Alec's full of it. He never calls. He never writes. He never sends flowers....

alkemical
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
well tred -

being a woman, i'm sure the best thing you wear is your smile. ;)

(i get a smile for that all the time, i use variations of course)