PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

24champ
03-08-2006, 04:27 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157694&hubname=

Caps aren't dressing Witt tonight as a precaution. Looks like he's as good as gone from Washington.
He is gonna be a King, we need a defenseman.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I"m very curious to see if Bert ends up in another sweater. There's been so much rumor, and then rumor quashing and then more rumor......

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 04:28 PM
I"m very curious to see if Bert ends up in another sweater. There's been so much rumor, and then rumor quashing and then more rumor......

I heard the canadians..

Jori
03-08-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm willing to bet at least 6-8 teams will be after Witt.

Looks like the Leafs are buyers...they acquire defensemen Luke Richardson from the BJs for a 5th rounder.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20060308_172402_1452

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 04:34 PM
One day after saying the condition of its leading goal scorer had improved, the Avalanche sent right wing Marek Svatos back to Denver on for further tests on his ailing right shoulder. Denver Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

Oh please God, no. :pray:

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 04:35 PM
I heard the canadians..

I've heard Sens more than anything, although a lot of other teams have been mentioned too.

Jori
03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Ville Nieminen to San Jose for a 3rd rounder.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Ville Nieminen to San Jose for a 3rd rounder.

He's certainly becoming a well traveled kinda guy.

alkemical
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
He's certainly becoming a well traveled kinda guy.

I think he has a PITT stamp on his bags somewhere..... hell half the league played for my pens - that is unless you have talent ;)

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157694&hubname=

Caps aren't dressing Witt tonight as a precaution. Looks like he's as good as gone from Washington.

He probably should have been sat the last couple games

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm willing to bet at least 6-8 teams will be after Witt.

Kings, 'Nucks, Avs, Leafs, Rangers, Preds, and Devils have all been mentioned in the past few days.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM

I don't like Witt....on a bad team he is a # 1 or 2....on a playoff team, he is a 4 or 5 defensemen...

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM
He's certainly becoming a well traveled kinda guy.Silly Ville is becoming the Finnish Mike Sillinger.

Pendejo
03-08-2006, 05:02 PM
I've heard Sens more than anything, although a lot of other teams have been mentioned too.

I've heard that the Sens aren't truly interested...their G.M. is just trying to drive up the price. I believe I got that from spectorshockey.net.

Ray Finkle
Kings, 'Nucks, Avs, Leafs, Rangers, Preds, and Devils have all been mentioned in the past few days.

Rangers will not trade Korpi or Staal, so that ends a lot of trade talks.

Pendejo
I think he has a PITT stamp on his bags somewhere..... hell half the league played for my pens - that is unless you have talent ;)

Yeah...he was in the deal for Kasparitis.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Rangers will not trade Korpi or Staal, so that ends a lot of trade talks.

McPhee asked for Tyutin

Jori
03-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Is Washington specifically looking for a young defensemen? With the lack of quality defensive prospects in their system, the Avs cannot afford to give up Liles. I'm willing to bet he ends up in Nashville or LA; both teams have quality defensive prospects.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Is Washington specifically looking for a young defensemen?

No, they're lacking someone who projects out as a #1 in the future, but they were never going to get that for Witt. They've got more then enough quality, especially since it looks like Eminger, Morrisson, and Green will be half of their defensive corps until they hit UFA age and some others who will be given a chance next year. McPhee wants a young roster player or someone who will be NHL-ready next season. Don't know if he'll end up getting that, but that's what he's asking for. I don't think McPhee is specifically looking for a certain position when looking for Witt's return.

Jori
03-08-2006, 05:33 PM
The Kings acquire Parrish/ Sopel for Grebeshkov/ Tambellini.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157712&hubname=

I would guess the Kings are out of the Witt sweepstakes.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157712&hubname=

Parrish and Sopel go from the Isles to the Kings for Grebeshkov and Tambellini

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 05:36 PM
I would guess the Kings are out of the Witt sweepstakes.

Yep, probably sets the market for Witt too. That's not a bad return for the Isles.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2006, 05:37 PM
McPhee asked for Tyutin

I almost crapped my pants laughing at that offer....

Jori
03-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Yep, probably sets the market for Witt too. That's not a bad return for the Isles.
I like the trade for both teams; quality going each way.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 05:52 PM

My condolences you got sopel.

Jori
03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Reinprecht signs a 3 year/ $6 million extension with the Coyotes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157716&hubname=nhl

Jori
03-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Holy crap guys...

Aebischer to Montreal for Jose Theodore....I don't get this at all.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Holy crap guys...

You'd better be ****ing kidding Jori.

Jori
03-08-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm watching Sportsnet right now...I'm in shock....

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 06:31 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/

Wow, on the front page

Ray Finkle
03-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Holy crap guys...

Wow....you would think the Habs would learn a lesson from trading to the Avs/Nords....

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 06:34 PM
You'd better be ****ing kidding Jori.

I Need a beer.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
What a ****ing joke. We just dumped a cheap, solid netminder for an overrated, overpaid netminder.

Isn't Theodore injured?

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 06:35 PM
Straight up deal too according to TSN

Jori
03-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't understand why Lacroix is going to take on a big contract for a player that has regressed. Still waiting for more details but it looks to be a 1 for 1 swap.

Plus Theodore is out with a knee injury for the next six weeks. This makes absolutely no sense for a team that is on a playoff run. So you are going to rely on two rookies to take your team into the playoffs?? Unless we are swapping him to Florida for Luongo this makes absolutely no sense!

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I can't believe this. You've got to be kidding me, Lacroix. He's lost it, completely lost it. His love for French Canadian players has gone too far.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't understand why Lacroix is going to take on a big contract for a player that has regressed. Still waiting for more details but it looks to be a 1 for 1 swap.

Plus Theodore is out with a knee injury for the next six weeks. This makes absolutely no sense for a team that is on a playoff run. So you are going to rely on two rookies to take your team into the playoffs?? Unless we are swapping him to Florida for Luongo this makes absolutely no sense!

Exactly. The Avs are a point out of 1st place and he deals their #1 netminder for someone who's going to miss the majority of the stretch run? Either there's another deal coming or they've got a lot more faith in Budaj then I do.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Wow....you would think the Habs would learn a lesson from trading to the Avs/Nords....

I guess they did have any faith in bish but i don'y know what we gain from this move? maybe it's just a pit stop and hes going to get moved pretty fast.
http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats

Kid A
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
oh, hell no...

12th man
03-08-2006, 06:44 PM
I can't believe this.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 06:45 PM

Sustained a fracture of the right heel bone on February 16 (during the Olympic break) and will be out of action for about five weeks... Blocked 35 shots and earned his second straight victory, on January 16 against the Dallas Stars... Stopped 23 shots and was

?

Kid A
03-08-2006, 06:47 PM
On the upside Theodore is on the IR for the next few weeks, so we can look forward to our rookie goaltender getting us through the most important and difficult part of our season! Then we get to pay twice as much for an injured goaltender when in fact what we really f'ing needed was a forward of d-man.

Jori
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
I guess they did have any faith in bish but i don'y know what we gain from this move? maybe it's just a pit stop and hes going to get moved pretty fast.
The Habs get rid of Theodore's ridiculous contract. I have no problem with Jose personally, I just don't like his contract and I hate it even more now that he's hurt. He can't even help the Avs unless they makes the playoffs and now that you have rookie between the pipes that makes things even more scary.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
and in on-ice action, both AO and Sid each have an assist after the 1st period tonight.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Thinking about it maybe the injury is bogus? just to keep him off the ice for this trade iam reaching at straws so feel free to stop me.......:bs:

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM
The Habs get rid of Theodore's ridiculous contract. I have no problem with Jose personally, I just don't like his contract and I hate it even more now that he's hurt. He can't even help the Avs unless they makes the playoffs and now that you have rookie between the pipes that makes things even more scary.

I've been ripping on this guy for years for stealing Iginla's Hart Trophy and Roy's Vezina and now I've got to root for him. Teriffic.

Nothing personal Jose, but you're overpaid and overrated.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 06:51 PM

I don't like it either but lets wait till the dust settles.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 07:13 PM
From what I'm gathering, Theodore has 2 years left on his deal at $5.3 million per season.

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 07:17 PM
From what I'm gathering, Theodore has 2 years left on his deal at $5.3 million per season.It just doesn't make sense. Aebischer is healthy and has completely outplayed Theodore this season. Aebi saved our asses last night.

Jori
03-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Derek Morris signs a 3 year/ $11.75 million ***cough*** overpayment ***cough***

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157720&hubname=nhl

Jori
03-08-2006, 07:24 PM
[''Our entire hockey staff is very excited about the addition of Jose Theodore,'' Avalanche president and GM Pierre Lacroix said in a statement. ''With this acquisition, we are convinced that we are securing our goaltending position for many years.'']

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157722&hubname=nhl

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 07:28 PM
[''Our entire hockey staff is very excited about the addition of Jose Theodore,'' Avalanche president and GM Pierre Lacroix said in a statement. ''With this acquisition, we are convinced that we are securing our goaltending position for many years.'']

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157722&hubname=nhlEver since the end of the 2005 draft Pierre has made some very unpopular moves; not buying out Blake thus losing Forsberg or Foote, signing Brad May, and this perplexing trade for Theodore, who's injured, no less.

Theodore better play his ass off next season or Lacroix will have some explaining to do.

24champ
03-08-2006, 07:29 PM
My condolences you got sopel.
my condolences you got Theo. LOL

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Jesus Christ. I just sat down to eat dinner and looked up at the TV where ESPN news was on and saw the dumbest trade in the history of trades. And goddamnit, it was my freakin team!

What in God's green earth is Pierre thinking?

What a ****in joke. I need a beer or 6.

Jori
03-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Leafs trade Ken Klee to the Devils...more details to come...per TSN tv.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 07:41 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157722&hubname=nhl

Oh my God. He really has lost his mind. Man, I don't feel very good right now.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 07:43 PM
another assist for Ovy

SoCalBronco
03-08-2006, 07:44 PM
another assist for Ovy

Go Caps!

Jori
Jesus Christ. I just sat down to eat dinner and looked up at the TV where ESPN news was on and saw the dumbest trade in the history of trades. And goddamnit, it was my freakin team!

What in God's green earth is Pierre thinking?

What a ****in joke. I need a beer or 6.
Girls night out? You pick the bar!

Hercules Rockefeller
Go Caps!

Boo! Go Pens!!

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Girls night out? You pick the bar!

God yes! As long as we can get really drunk and try to drown this **** out. Unfortunately at some point, we will have to sober up and face facts. :sickortir:

Regency
03-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Leafs trade Ken Klee to the Devils...more details to come...per TSN tv.

Alexander Suglobov is coming to TO.

Pendejo
03-08-2006, 08:06 PM
The Avs have been rumoured to be trying to get Theodore for a couple of seasons now...I guess they've finally done it. Perhaps Pierre owes Jose's old man some dough, or maybe he let Celine Dion pull the trigger on this baby.

It's certainly a head scratcher. Let's just hope (doubtful) that they did this to make another move.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 08:13 PM
my condolences you got Theo. LOL

LOL!

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Philly ties up the game vs the canes with 2 seconds left.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Stupid Hockey's Future locking out non-registered members for the day of the trade deadline.

Jori
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Stupid Hockey's Future locking out non-registered members for the day of the trade deadline.
It's hard to blame them....trust me it's been very slow all day. Imagine if they add all the non members.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Flyers win in the shootout!

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 08:36 PM
It's hard to blame them....trust me it's been very slow all day. Imagine if they add all the non members.

The site would crash...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 08:40 PM

I know, they do it every year. I'm just too lazy to register.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-08-2006, 08:46 PM
Damn, Caps beat the Pens. At least Ovechkin had 3 points tonight. 79 points moves him into 4th in the scoring race.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 08:46 PM
I was listening to Terry Frei on 950 on the way home and here's the jist of what he said.

-Doesn't believe that Theodore will be shipped out, that he's the guy Lacroix has been targeting all season.

-Joel Quenneville was never a fan of David Aebischer.

-Aebischer wasn't traded sooner because they needed to build him back up as a tradeable commodity after his bad stretch earlier this season.

-Avs are taking a huge gamble by putting the rest of the regular season in the hands of Peter Budaj and that this is either Lacroix rolling the dice or showing an amazing amount of arrogance.

-Anyone who compares this to the Roy trade is kidding themself.

I can't say I really disagree with him on anything (for once). I just dont see how Lacroix can take a chance on missing the playoffs just to secure the services of Jose Theodore. I've been on board with most of Lacroix's deadline deals in the past but this one just baffles me.

Boogerboots
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM

If you just want to track the trades, the TSN site usually has an extra server setup for the deadline. 2 years ago they had a popup window tracker.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/

As for the Theo deal, yeah Lacroix is making a gamble. But if Theo regains his form from a few years back, they will be the winners of the trade. Much like Brisebois, Theo had his share of controversy in MTL and needed out of town. From his family's loan sharking scandal to his propecia bust, Theo was always the press' b*tch.

As for MTL, it's rumored that the Canadiens are going to deal a D-man (Souray?) for Bertuzzi (ugh). I hope they get Selanne myself.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 09:05 PM
I was listening to Terry Frei on 950 on the way home and here's the jist of what he said.

-Doesn't believe that Theodore will be shipped out, that he's the guy Lacroix has been targeting all season.

-Joel Quenneville was never a fan of David Aebischer.

-Aebischer wasn't traded sooner because they needed to build him back up as a tradeable commodity after his bad stretch earlier this season.

-Avs are taking a huge gamble by putting the rest of the regular season in the hands of Peter Budaj and that this is either Lacroix rolling the dice or showing an amazing amount of arrogance.

-Anyone who compares this to the Roy trade is kidding themself.

I can't say I really disagree with him on anything (for once). I just dont see how Lacroix can take a chance on missing the playoffs just to secure the services of Jose Theodore. I've been on board with most of Lacroix's deadline deals in the past but this one just baffles me.

Well do you see us going very deep in the playoffs with our other problems? anyways PL is looking and has to take next season into concideration.Alsp PL has a way of coming out smelling like a rose most of the time.

Ray Finkle
03-08-2006, 09:06 PM
The more I think about this deal, the better it is for the Avs. This year is a wash but when you get Theodore out of Montreal and away from all the issues he had with his family/slump, this will turn out in their favor.....basically you got JT cheap because of his salary...

Ray Finkle
03-08-2006, 09:06 PM

Me as well....

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
If you just want to track the trades, the TSN site usually has an extra server setup for the deadline. 2 years ago they had a popup window tracker.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/trade_deadline/

As for the Theo deal, yeah Lacroix is making a gamble. But if Theo regains his form from a few years back, they will be the winners of the trade. Much like Brisebois, Theo had his share of controversy in MTL and needed out of town. From his family's loan sharking scandal to his propecia bust, Theo was always the press' b*tch.

As for MTL, it's rumored that the Canadiens are going to deal a D-man (Souray?) for Bertuzzi (ugh). I hope they get Selanne myself.

That's a big IF. IF not, we're stuck with JS Giguere, I mean Jose.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Funny, if you go read the "Your call" section after the article about the trade, a lot of Habs fans seem irked by this. They think they got the raw end of the deal.

We can only hope.
On the other hand, it's really funny to read all the Habs fans voicing their fears. "Great, they'll probably go on to win the Cup again", seems to be a popular opinion of theirs.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:33 PM
Funny, if you go read the "Your call" section after the article about the trade, a lot of Habs fans seem irked by this. They think they got the raw end of the deal.

We can only hope.

Theodore is not a bum. He's not worth what he's being paid and he's overrated but he can play. We've all seen in the past that when he's on his game he's capable of carrying a team. Inconsistancy has plagued him though.

Who knows? Maybe the change of scenery will do him good. Maybe getting out from under all the scrutiny in Montreal will breathe new life into Theo. Either way, he's here now and we have to make the best of it. He's an Av so I'm rooting for him accordingly.

This isn't the same as when the Avs acquired Hunter, Kasparaitis or Marchment. I couldn't stand any of those guys but I had to put up with them. I can do more than just put up with Theo, I could downright like him.

Get healthy soon Theo!

http://www.jatkoaika.com/albumit/sekalaiset/Heritage8.jpg

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:35 PM
We can only hope.
On the other hand, it's really funny to read all the Habs fans voicing their fears. "Great, they'll probably go on to win the Cup again", seems to be a popular opinion of theirs.

A lot of them are probably still stinging a bit from the Roy deal 10 years ago. Needless to say they got the short end of that one.

I think they're gonna be pleasantly surprised by Aebischer.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:39 PM
A lot of them are probably still stinging a bit from the Roy deal 10 years ago. Needless to say they got the short end of that one.

I think they're gonna be pleasantly surprised by Aebischer.

Yeah, I think they are too. Ten years is enough, they should probably get over it by now. Although highly doubtful to me, I hope it does turn out to burn them again.

PS. CO, you calm down way too quickly when bad things happen to our hockey club. :P

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I think they are too. Ten years is enough, they should probably get over it by now. Although highly doubtful to me, I hope it does turn out to burn them again.

PS. CO, you calm down way too quickly when bad things happen to our hockey club. :P

They are canadians they will never get over it.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:45 PM
CO, you calm down way too quickly when bad things happen to our hockey club. :P

I try to find the bright side even when they make a move that I don't agree with.:)

Now that the initial shock has worn off, the fact is that this could be a potentially great acquisition for the Avs. There's just as much of a chance that it isn't though. I still think Theodore is overpaid and overrated, but like I said, maybe the change of scenery will do him good.

Jori
03-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm with LancheMob (he he he), I like Theodore and he is talented; I just don't like his contract. I also don't like the fact that he really can't help the Avs until next year. Even if he's back for the playoffs, you are basically throwing the guy into the fire.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:51 PM
Come on mt, at least you've got a new pin up boy to replace the one we lost this past summer.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050904/theodore_79086.jpg

;D

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Half their fans think Gainey is crazy and half ours think Pierre is, so we're even....I guess.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
I also don't like the fact that he really can't help the Avs until next year. Even if he's back for the playoffs, you are basically throwing the guy into the fire.

Couldn't agree more. Even if he is back for the playoffs (assuming the Avs make the playoffs) he's going to have a lot of rust to shake off and not a lot of time to do it.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Come on mt, at least you've got a new pin up boy to replace the one we lost this past summer.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050904/theodore_79086.jpg

;D

Dang!! You stole my picture already! Ha! Ok, I'll definitely give him credit for being hot. I like goalies that are hot and play hot too though. ;)

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Half their fans think Gainey is crazy and half ours think Pierre is, so we're even....I guess.

I don't see any improvements in this trade it's a wash IMO so iam going to wait and see what PL has to say in his new conference as to why.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Dang!! You stole my picture already! Ha! Ok, I'll definitely give him credit for being hot. I like goalies that are hot and play hot too though. ;)

He looks like that and he speaks french. He won't spend many nights alone, even in a new city. So he's got that going for him. :wiggle:

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 09:55 PM

Ya i like a hot goalie too but the when they play good kinda hot....:wiggle:

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't see any improvements in this trade it's a wash IMO so iam going to wait and see what PL has to say in his new conference as to why.

I imagine we won't be hearing from Lacroix until after the trade deadline has passed. He's likely still working the phones as we've got a couple of other spots that need to be filled.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 09:57 PM
He looks like that and he speaks french. He won't spend many nights alone, even in a new city. So he's got that going for him. :wiggle:

Plus if he gets any guff, he could just sic his dad and/or brothers on them. Better keep up with that Propecia though. His hair is at least 1/3 of his hotness. ;D

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 10:06 PM
His save percentage is .881, GAA - 3.46. Yikes.

I guess we'll be subtracting a few goalie PIM's though. He's faced no SO's, so I can't get anything positive from that column.

I'm trying to be positive here.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 10:25 PM
His save percentage is .881, GAA - 3.46. Yikes.

I guess we'll be subtracting a few goalie PIM's though. He's faced no SO's, so I can't get anything positive from that column.

I'm trying to be positive here.

The canadian D is worse than ours so cut him a little slack...

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 10:30 PM
The canadian D is worse than ours so cut him a little slack...

You're right. I did not take that into account.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
I also want to say thank you and good luck to David Aebischer. People in this town know all about how hard it is to replace a legend, but Aebi did an admirable job after St. Patrick hung 'em up and I appreciate all he did for the Avs.

All the best in Montreal, Aebi.:thumbsup:

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 10:33 PM
I also want to say thank you and good luck to David Aebischer. People in this town know all about how hard it is to replace a legend, but Aebi did an admirable job after St. Patrick hung 'em up and I appreciate all he did for the Avs.

Ditto.

I keep wondering if he whacked anything with a stick or threw something when he found out.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Ditto.

I keep wondering if he whacked anything with a stick or threw something when he found out.

Probably not. If what Terry Frei said about Quenneville not liking Aebischer is true, he probably welcomed the change.

He'll be a UFA in the offseason so he'll get a chance to go somewhere that he's truly wanted.

Bronx33
03-08-2006, 10:38 PM

If the canadians don't address their defensive issues bish is going to get shelled just like he did here so the same could be said for us but this move most likely is for next season when PL can seriously address some key positions that need help.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 10:49 PM
Probably not. If what Terry Frei said about Quenneville not liking Aebischer is true, he probably welcomed the change.

He'll be a UFA in the offseason so he'll get a chance to go somewhere that he's truly wanted.

If that's true about Q not liking Aebi, I am very curious as to why?

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:06 PM
LOL You're right, Bronx. The Habs won't get over the Roy deal anytime soon. It still even shows in their articles.

Avalanche general manager Pierre Lacroix, who has experience in stealing top goalies from Montreal after the 1995 deal for future Hall of Famer Patrick Roy,

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=h030853A

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Have the buttons on hfboards.com been all messed up lately for everyone else? It's all red x's and text there, but at least I can still read the info.

I'm a big Budaj fan and I think he'll be able to keep us in the playoffs. At least we'll be able to see what he can do getting the majority of starts until Theodore comes back.

One of the fun things about trades is seeing your new player in their new uniform and how they react in a different situation. It sucks that we won't get to see Jose play for a few weeks (and maybe not until next season :saywhat: ).

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:15 PM
For all my bitchin and moanin about it, I damn well hope we get to see him play in a few weeks! This certainly is the time for Budaj and Kolesnick to shine. ( Gawd, I hope there are very few SO's. )

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Theo will definitely have no problem getting his old jersey number. I can't remember any Avalanche player ever donning #60.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:22 PM
What are the odds that the Habs got Aebi to deal him to FLA for Luongo? Getting rid of Theo made a nice bit of cap room for them. They need help in other areas, but with Aebi and the extra cash, they could maybe swing it.

Breck Bronc
03-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Theo will definitely have no problem getting his old jersey number. I can't remember any Avalanche player ever donning #60.Shame on you, CO. You don't remember the immortal Travis Brigley? He even played for the Avs during the last NHL season. Ha!

bronco militia
03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
denver channel 4 news thinks the avs trade for another veteran goaltender by the deadline.....if they plan to keep Jose, maybe Eddie Belfour?

"Eeeeeedieee, Eeeeeeedieeee"

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:40 PM
Oh Lord, I'd rather keep Theo than get old Eddie. Cujo is available.

bronco militia
03-08-2006, 11:42 PM
Oh Lord, I'd rather keep Theo than get old Eddie. Cujo is available.

I could live with that...but who the **** is going to score goals?!!?!?!?

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:43 PM
I could live with that...but who the **** is going to score goals?!!?!?!?

Yeah, little worried about that myself. Why hasn't there been any definitive word on Svatos?

bronco militia
03-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah, little worried about that myself. Why hasn't there been any definitive word on Svatos?

lol...there's no such thing in hockey

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:46 PM
We have the talent for scoring if those guys would just kick it in the ass. Sakic, Hejduk, Tang.....those guys need to really get it going. Now would be a great time.

bronco militia
03-08-2006, 11:48 PM
We have the talent for scoring if those guys would just kick it in the ass. Sakic, Hejduk, Tang.....those guys need to really get it going. Now would be a great time.

it's March and we are still saying "if those guys would just kick it in the ass."

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
denver channel 4 news thinks the avs trade for another veteran goaltender by the deadline.....if they plan to keep Jose, maybe Eddie Belfour?

"Eeeeeedieee, Eeeeeeedieeee"

Oh hell no. I put up with Hunter, Marchment, Kasparaitis and even May, I will not root for Eddie The Ego under any circumstances. **** that drunken has-been and anyone who looks like him.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:50 PM
it's March and we are still saying "if those guys would just kick it in the ass."

LOL It is March and they REALLY need to kick it in the ass.

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Oh hell no. I put up with Hunter, Marchment, Kasparaitis and even May, I will not root for Eddie The Ego under any circumstances. **** that drunken has-been and anyone who looks like him.

LMAO Oh come on, CO.....an hour after the acquisition was made, you'd be all ok with it. :P

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 11:55 PM
LMAO Oh come on, CO.....an hour after the acquisition was made, you'd be all ok with it. :P

Not this one. Not even if he offered me........1 billion dollars.:rofl:

Mtbrncofn
03-08-2006, 11:57 PM

Ha! So you'd get all mad and stay surly for awhile and say bad words and generally freak out? This I would have to see.

Is no one going to offer up any speculation for post 1106? That would really burn my ass if that were to happen.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Ha! So you'd get all mad and stay surly for awhile and say bad words and generally freak out? This I would have to see.

About the only acquisition I'd like less would be if Lacroix went on a Belfour-esque bender and somehow acquired Clodd Bertuzzi.

bronco militia
03-09-2006, 12:00 AM

bwhahahaha...ahh the memories.

that ****er owned Roy when he was with Dullass

Rascal
03-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Damn internet browser is messing up my computer.

Click on one link and it sends me to something completely different.

Anyway,

I'm shocked by the news but I never really liked Abby. We won't get past round 2 this year with him as our goalie.

If Theodore is better then I'm willing to take a bad year as this year is obviously not it.

Pierre has always managed to come out on the better end of a trade, so until proven otherwise I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now they need to address the lack of forwards and defenseman.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 12:03 AM
About the only acquisition I'd like less would be if Lacroix went on a Belfour-esque bender and somehow acquired Clodd Bertuzzi.

Well that says a lot!

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 12:06 AM
I'm shocked by the news but I never really liked Abby. We won't get past round 2 this year with him as our goalie.

Well we don't have a ticket stamped into the playoffs. We have to hope and pray that Budaj can really shine and make sure we get into the playoffs. We're in if the season ended today, but a lot can happen in this last month.

I'll start worrying about the playoffs if we get there.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 01:23 AM
In other news, guess who just pulled into a tie for the NHL goal scoring lead with his 42nd tonight?

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/VZN10203090102.jpg

I'll give you a hint, it aint Chris Clark. ;D

Jori
03-09-2006, 04:30 AM
Billion Dollar Eddie? Where's my barf bag!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 06:38 AM
In other news, guess who just pulled into a tie for the NHL goal scoring lead with his 42nd tonight?

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/VZN10203090102.jpg

I'll give you a hint, it aint Chris Clark. ;D

Jagr scored last night too, he's still a goal back

Boogerboots
03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
If the canadians don't address their defensive issues bish is going to get shelled just like he did here so the same could be said for us but this move most likely is for next season when PL can seriously address some key positions that need help.

The whole team played differently with Theo in the pipes. I don't know if it was his lack of confidence or some sort of locker room crap, but as soon as he let in a softy, the team just deflated. There's been quite a few 8 goal games hung on Theo because of teams like Carolina this year when they just didn't let up.

Surprisingly with Huet in nets, they play much better. Word is Aeibisher might be around long enough to grab a coffee and a donut before he's shipped off to either Florida or Vancouver.

Jori
03-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Chris Gratton signs a two year extension with the Florida Panthers.

There is a rumor going around that Witt has been traded to Nashville; nothing official and no word as to what's going Washington's way.

Regarding the Theodore trade; apparently, none of Theodore's salary will count against the cap this year. That means the Avs still have a couple million dollars to play with if they want to make another move today.

Smiling Assassin27
03-09-2006, 09:07 AM
what is lucky pierre thinking? theodore has a vezina but he's no better than aebi behind that inconsistent avs defense. bad move, imo.

bronco militia
03-09-2006, 09:11 AM
what is lucky pierre thinking? theodore has a vezina but he's no better than aebi behind that inconsistent avs defense. bad move, imo.

hell, he can't even play for the next six weeks.

Smiling Assassin27
03-09-2006, 09:15 AM
ever since theo got his new blockbuster deal, he's stunk it up. is this shades of jim carey? talk about a big risk! the trade does have potential to make the avs stronger in the long run IF theo isn't a one year wonder. still, the cap space for a guy who's nothing more than a question mark is crazy.

Jori
03-09-2006, 09:26 AM
Todd Simpson to Montreal for a sixth rounder.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157799&hubname=

Jori
03-09-2006, 10:07 AM
New Jersey Devils acquire defenceman Brad Lukowich from the New York Islanders for a third-round pick in 2006. More to follow.

TSN

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Jori
03-09-2006, 10:51 AM
Sean Brown to Vancouver for a fourth round pick.

Jori
03-09-2006, 11:36 AM
The Anaheim Ducks acquire defenceman Sean O'Donnell from the Phoenix Coyotes for future considerations. More to follow. TSN

RDS.com is reporting Denis Gauthier to the Flyers for Josh Gratton and two second round picks.

Senators claim G Mike Morrison off of waivers. TSN

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
Friesen to Anaheim for a 2nd

Jori
03-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Jeff Freisen to Anaheim for a second round pick. TSN

The Canucks pick up Miko Noronen from the Sabres for a second round pick. Sportsnet

I have to admit, that's a nice trade for Vancouver.

Sportsnet is also report that Olli Jokinen has signed a four year extension with the Panthers.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Canchokes acquire Mikka Noronen from Buffalo for a 2nd round pick.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 12:03 PM
Jagr scored last night too, he's still a goal back

Dammit, missed that.

Jagr also got busted for an illegal stick twice last night. Ha!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Jagr also got busted for an illegal stick twice last night. Ha!

Not a surprise

Jori
03-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Recchi to the Hurricanes. TSN.ca

Mogulseeker
03-09-2006, 12:46 PM
I hear that there was a fight and some player took off another players helmet and punked him in the head with it.

Doese anyone know what players were involed, and where this happened?

Jori
03-09-2006, 12:59 PM
Keith Carney to the Canucks for future considerations. TSN.ca

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Ozolinsh to the Rags for a 3rd

Jori
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Witt to Nashville

alkemical
03-09-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm offering John Lecaire for a case of bottled water and a 1983 honda civic manual window crank handle.

Ray Finkle
03-09-2006, 01:54 PM
Ozolinsh to to the Rags for a 3rd

great Poti and Oz on the blueline and my face in a bucket puking...:thumbs:

Jori
03-09-2006, 01:56 PM
The Caps get Kris Beech (back again) and a 1st round pick. Nice return for GMGM.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Witt to Nashville

Beech and a 1st round pick

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Cory Cross to the Red Wings for a fourth round pick in 2006. TSN

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:03 PM
The Canucks send Steve McCarthy to Atlanta for a conditional pick. Sportsnet

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Keith Carney to the Canucks for future considerations. TSN.ca

According to tsn, the Canchokes sent former Pioneer Brett Skinner to Anaheim in that deal. Coach Gwoz has to be really happy to see that after the Canchokes wanted him to leave school for the AHL this year.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
According to tsn, the Canchokes sent former Pioneer Brett Skinner to Anaheim in that deal. Coach Gwoz has to be really happy to see that after the Canchokes wanted him to leave school for the AHL this year.
Yes I saw that on TSN. I'm so happy he is out of the Vancouver system. Good luck to Brett!

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Yes I saw that on TSN. I'm so happy he is out of the Vancouver system. Good luck to Brett!

He could be teammates with Gabe Gauthier again. :thumbsup:

alkemical
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Beech and a 1st round pick

He's gettin' around

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
Sergei Samsonov traded to Edmonton.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
He could be teammates with Gabe Gauthier again. :thumbsup:
The Avs will have interest in Gabe as well.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Sergei Samsonov traded to Detroit.

For who?

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Tyler Arnason to Ottawa. TSN Nice pickup.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:14 PM
For who?
Sorry it was to Edmonton...brain fart.

Don't know what the Oilers gave up yet.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:14 PM
The Avs will have interest in Gabe as well.

We can only hope.

Damn, the Oil got Samsonov out of Boston. The division is getting tougher.

alkemical
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
details on the recchi trade:

The Penguins traded their No. 2 scorer, veteran right winger Mark Recchi, to Carolina for two players and a draft choice this afternoon.

The Penguins get winger Niklas Nordgren, forward Krystofer Kolanos and a second-round choice in the 2007 entry draft.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Well the rangers add to their D picking up SANDIS OZOLINSH.

Smiling Assassin27
03-09-2006, 02:16 PM
Cory Cross to the Red Wings for a fourth round pick in 2006. TSN

a useless trade. didn't get worse but didn't get better either.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:17 PM
Chicago gets Brandon Bochenski and a pick from the Sens for Tyler Arnason. Arnason would have been a nice fit for the Avs.

More deals may trickle in, but sounds like the only move for the Avs was Theo.

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 02:18 PM
I suppose the Avs are going to do nothing while Edmonton and Vancouver get better, especially Edmonton.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I suppose the Avs are going to do nothing while Edmonton and Vancouver get better, especially Edmonton.
Calgary hasn't done any thing either. I'm a bit surprised, but considering how much some of these players are going for, I'm not too surprised.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Sorry it was to Edmonton...brain fart.

Don't know what the Oilers gave up yet.

FOURTH ROUND PICK

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
Woo hoo hooo....watch out guys...we got Jim Dowd for a fourth round pick!

Plan the parade!!!

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:24 PM

Plan the parade!!!

Another role player. Teriffic. ::)

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:25 PM
The Sens also sent a second round pick to Chicago as a part of the Arnason trade. I like that deal for Chicago.

Niko Dimitrakos to Philadelphia for a 3rd round pick. Like that deal for Philly.

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Calgary hasn't done any thing either. I'm a bit surprised, but considering how much some of these players are going for, I'm not too surprised.Calgary didn't need to make a move as much as we did. Hell, our team got weaker with the Theo trade since we lost a player and didn't add one.

Actually I'm glad we didn't give up any prospects because even with a few moves this team wasn't going to win the Cup.

So the Wings traded for Cory Cross? I wouldn't be too confident going into the playoffs with Manny's legacy of two career playoff wins under his belt.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:26 PM
I'm surprised that Tkachoke hasn't been moved despite his no trade clause.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Have you seen Calgary's offense? They needed a center badly.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:27 PM
I'm surprised that Tkachoke hasn't been moved despite his no trade clause.
Cementhead wasn't going to waive his no trade clause.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Willie Mitchell and a 2nd round pick to Dallas for Martin Skoula and another player.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:29 PM

Plan the parade!!!

Hmmmm Q trying to make permenant lines?

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:31 PM
I think the Avs are trying to bring the entire Minnesota team to Denver. Hey Pierre how about Gaborik?

Theo making comments about the trade right now on TSN.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Hmmmm Q trying to make permenant lines?

Not really. Dowd is anoher 4th liner to go with the several we already have. Cody McCormick will probably get sent back to Lowell to make room for him. :nono:

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:33 PM
Recchi To Canes:Good move by the canes to help replace cole

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Oleg Kvasha traded to Phoenix. TSN

Ray Finkle
Not really. Dowd is anoher 4th liner to go with the several we already have. Cody McCormick will probably get sent back to Lowell to make room for him. :nono:

I like Jim Dowd, good playoff hockey player. Of course I am a little biased, I played lacrosse for his brother and talked to Jim all the time in HS...

Breck Bronc
Looking at Jim Dowd's career at hockeydb.com and his greatest accomplishment might be that he's now played for all 5 teams in the Northwest division!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did win the Cup in 1995 with the Devils. Dowd better be one hell of a faceoff man because it doesn't look like he'll help in other ways.

Bronx33
I think the Avs are trying to bring the entire Minnesota team to Denver. Hey Pierre how about Gaborik?

Theo making comments about the trade right now on TSN.

God i hope PL didn't screw up on the goalie trade, what do you think jori?

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
The Flames make their big move....they acquire....Jamie Lundmark???

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Looking at Jim Dowd's career at hockeydb.com and his greatest accomplishment might be that he's now played for all 5 teams in the Northwest division!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did win the Cup in 1995 with the Devils. Dowd better be one hell of a faceoff man because it doesn't look like he'll help in other ways.

LOL i was looking a db to it looked like a music search result on limewire.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM

That's a odd one...

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM

Another prospect who's getting passed around like a doobie at a Phish concert.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:37 PM
God i hope PL didn't screw up on the goalie trade, what do you think jori?
Short term this trade does not help us at all. He's not healthy and by the time he gets healthy, he'll be rusty. Then he has to adjust to a new team and new atmosphere. The Avs may not see the benefits of the trade until next season imo.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Short term this trade does not help us at all. He's not healthy and by the time he gets healthy, he'll be rusty. Then he has to adjust to a new team and new atmosphere. The Avs may not see the benefits of the trade until next season imo.

That's what iam guessing even with bish we wouldn't go far in the playoffs anyways.

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Eric Weinrich to Vancouver for a prospect and 3rd round pick.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 02:41 PM

They'd better go out and get some defense now that Jim Dowd is in the division!

Jori
03-09-2006, 02:42 PM
They'd better go out and get some defense now that Jim Dowd is in the division!
You can't stop Dowd...you can only hope to contain him :thumbs:

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM
You can't stop Dowd...you can only hope to contain him :thumbs:

I think he works out with tedy brushi

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 02:43 PM

Great pick for the nucks...

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 03:04 PM
I like what the Oilers, Canucks, and Flyers did today.

Edmonton added another fast, skilled player to their lineup with Samsanov and finally got a goalie (Roloson) who probably won't isht the bed like Conklin, Markkanen, and Morrison.

The Canucks shored up their defense with Weinrich, Carney, and Brown, as well as getting Mikka Noronen to help in goal.

Philadelphia did the best, IMO, by getting two big, young, physical players without having to give up much in return. I can't believe they got Niko Dimitrakos for a third rounder when the Avs had to give up a fourth to get an old, washed up Jim Dowd. Dimitrakos is huge and only 26. He could develop into an above average power forward. Denis Gauthier is a big hitter on the blueline.

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:07 PM
Doubt San Jose would have traded him to a Western Conference team for so little.

I think the Canes did well. I do like Vancouver's additions as well. While there were some good trades, I thought some teams overpaid such as Nashville and Ottawa.

I would have preferred the Avs to have acquired a defensemen rather then a forward. Yet, Dowd will help the Avs on faceoffs. That's been a weekness all season.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Hey Jori, has Ryan Dingle been drafted?

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Svatos is out for the season.

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=500

The Avs are officially in serious trouble.

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 03:16 PM

The Avs are officially in serious trouble.Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugg.

What a ****ty year all around, from losing Forsberg and Foote because of the cap to season ending injuries to Konowalchuk, Vaananen and now Svatos, to a questionable trade for Theodore. I'm officially disinfranchised.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugg.

What a ****ty year all around, from losing Forsberg and Foote because of the cap to season ending injuries to Konowalchuk, Vaananen and now Svatos, to a questionable trade for Theodore. I'm officially disinfranchised.

Start looking forward to next season buddy.

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Svatos is out for the season. Unfriggen believeable!

http://coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=500

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Jori, has Ryan Dingle been drafted?No he hasn't; to old to be drafted now.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Svatos is out for the season. Unfriggen believeable!

http://coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=500

So if we see limited action from PL in FA we can assume hes already looking at next season.

orange 4 life
03-09-2006, 03:29 PM
just jumping in here to say how pissed i am right now.

ill always stick with my avs, but im just disgusted right now.

the problem wasnt aebischer, the problem was (and is) the coach.

quenville is simply a goalie hater. he did this crap in st louis, and now he's doing it here.
he never gets behind one guy, and as a result his teams suffer.

aeby is younger, he's been playing fantastic, and his team was behind him.

this is just an awful move, and it was spurned by the fact that our turd of a coach has a long and storied track record of messing with his netminders.
trading one of the backup goalies (who someone wouldve wanted) for a defenseman (or even power forward) was a move i couldve got behind, but trading your #1 goalie for another goalie who wont even play for a month (while youre in a battle for the division and your playoff seed) is just lunacy.
add to it that coach q wont be happy with jose either and it REALLY stinks.

bottom line is that q ran aeby out of town, and he even got some of the media and fans to support his whacked out thinking.

the move we needed to make was to ship our COACH out of town.
just my .02

jake

Smiling Assassin27
03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
now if you guys can just fall to #8, we wings fans will be stoked.

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:34 PM
They'll probably fall out altogether. The Avs got worse the last 24 hours and teams behind them got better. Budaj is going to have to be very good for the Avs to make it.

What ticks me off is that Lacroix had to know that Svatos's injury was serious. Why not make a move for Samsonov?

I'm sorry, but this activity looks to me as if they Avs are looking at next season. You just will never hear them admit it.

Smiling Assassin27
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
if they play .500 hockey, they should make it and they definitely have the players to play .500 hockey, IMO.

Bronx33

It would probably come back and bite ya on the a**....;D

alkemical
Well my pens got a 4th rounder for Kory Kross -

i just wished they could have moved leclair - he's good for 3rd/4th line duties

ClevelandBronco
03-09-2006, 03:41 PM

quenville is simply a goalie hater. he did this crap in st louis, and now he's doing it here.

this is just an awful move, and it was spurned by the fact that our turd of a coach has a long and storied track record of messing with his netminders.
trading one of the backup goalies (who someone wouldve wanted) for a defenseman (or even power forward) was a move i couldve got behind, but trading your #1 goalie for another goalie who wont even play for a month (while youre in a battle for the division and your playoff seed) is just lunacy.

bottom line is that q ran aeby out of town, and he even got some of the media and fans to support his whacked out thinking.

just my .02

jake

Dead on correct. I have nothing to add except an exclamation mark. So:

!

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry, but this activity looks to me as if they Avs are looking at next season. You just will never hear them admit it.

Bingo. Lacroix will still spout the same line about how the organization is comitted to competing for the Cup every year despite all of his actions saying otherwise.

If he thinks there will be no fan backlash from all of this, he's sadly mistaken.

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Some comments from Roy regarding the Theodore trade:

[''I think he'll be a better goaltender,'' Roy said Thursday at a news conference in Quebec City. ''Not because he was traded, but, because of everything he's gone through, I think he can bounce back and have a good career.'']

[''Maybe Colorado will stop drafting goalies - they'll just get them from Montreal,'' Roy joked at the news conference that was carried live by some Quebec television networks.] :rofl:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157843&hubname=nhl

Al Wilson
03-09-2006, 03:49 PM
Ottawa gets a second line center, finally. Arnason was a consistent scorer on a horrible team. He'll only get better here with Havlat on his side.

alkemical
i always liked theodore - he carried the habs at times

Bronx33
If theodore doesn't play in the regular season, then his salary does not count towards our cap. so, if we leave him on IR until the playoffs, then we just freed up aebi's salary to try and swing another trade.Theo just might be the future back up to ?????

Jori
03-09-2006, 03:51 PM
If theodore doesn't play in the regular season, then his salary does not count towards our cap. so, if we leave him on IR until the playoffs, then we just freed up aebi's salary to try and swing another trade.
Trade deadline has passed. We are stuck with what we have.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 04:23 PM
Jose Theodore will be interviewed on 950 The Fan likely within the next hour.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 04:25 PM

The Avs are officially in serious trouble.

Figures. :cuss: Good Lord, now what the hell are we going to do for goal scoring.

bronco militia
03-09-2006, 04:25 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 04:28 PM
So Bert stayed put. I'm actually kind of surprised. I thought he'd go somewhere. I also thought Souray would be moved.

Jori
03-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Theodore is on the air right now!

Hercules Rockefeller
03-09-2006, 04:34 PM
So Bert stayed put. I'm actually kind of surprised. I thought he'd go somewhere. I also thought Souray would be moved.

I thought McPhee would move Halpern

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
No big Luongo deal either, I noticed. Half the Habs fans were sure Aebi was going to be on his way to Florida this morning.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 04:41 PM
Theodore interview.

-Was surprised by the trade because of his injury. Happy to be joining the Avalanche.

-Is walking without crutches and working out to come back from the injury. Doesn't know when he'll start skating, hoping it's within a week or so. Hopes to be back a couple of games before the playoffs but will have to listen to the doctors.

-Is used to the Roy comparisons because he's been hearing them since he got drafted by Montreal.

-Says he's had a tough year but his dedication and work ethic has never wavered.

-Loves coming to an organization that's (ahem) committed to winning it all every year. Is excited to be on a team with Sakic & Blake.

Pretty standard stuff. Sandy Clough needs to either cut to the chase when interviewing someone or they need to let someone else handle interviews. Jesus, he gets so long-winded in his questions that the people he interviews have to get annoyed wondering if they're ever going to get to jump in and answer.

Mogulseeker
03-09-2006, 04:49 PM
I just heard all the news.

Thank God I dont live in Colorado right now, because I would be liable to kill Pierre Larcoix. We need to can the guy, and get another with a better understaing for the cap.

I like Theodore, but would much rather have Aebischer.

So the Av's lost 2 of my favorite players for good... and the other guy gets a season-ending injury.

Great.

alkemical
03-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Be realistic though- forsberg is/was a part time player - he is good, but in cap-anmics - it's tough to excise $5+mil for someone that plays 50 games.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Be realistic though- forsberg is/was a part time player - he is good, but in cap-anmics - it's tough to excise $5+mil for someone that plays 50 games.

I loved the guy but i agree with your thoughts about him.

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 04:53 PM

Be that as it may, come playoff time he's huge. Forsberg's points per game is actually higher in the postseason than in the regular season. I think that's worth paying up for, Philly fans will find that out soon enough.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 04:57 PM
I hear that there was a fight and some player took off another players helmet and punked him in the head with it.

Doese anyone know what players were involed, and where this happened?

It was Evgeny Artyukhin of the Bolts. He gave Antoine Vermette of the Sens a good whack with his own helmet. He got suspended for 2 games for his troubles.

Jori
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
After these last 24 hours, I need to get wasted. Who is with me?

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 05:00 PM

Me! Pick me, pick me! ;)

Clockwork Orange
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM

Count me in.

Jori
03-09-2006, 05:03 PM
I just realized how much I'm going to miss Aebischer's Fan Club. Loved it when those guys came to Denver every year.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Geez, I don't know why I was so worried about losing Svatos for the year when we picked up Jim Dowd. ::)

Jori
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Geez, I don't know why I was so worried about losing Svatos for the year when we picked up Jim Dowd. ::)
That's the MIGHTY Jim Dowd to you :~ohyah!:

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
I knew I forgot something.

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey Kings fan ( can't remember the name ), how's Luongo workin out for you? Ha!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

alkemical
03-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Be that as it may, come playoff time he's huge. Forsberg's points per game is actually higher in the postseason than in the regular season. I think that's worth paying up for, Philly fans will find that out soon enough.

Doesn't matter, philly won't win the cup

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 05:19 PM
That's the MIGHTY Jim Dowd to you :~ohyah!:

That just rolls right off the tounge.........the MIGHTY Jim Dowd

Jori
03-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I knew I forgot something.
Shouldn't that be Lacroix instead of Breezy :thumbs: :curtsey:

Mtbrncofn
03-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Shouldn't that be Lacroix instead of Breezy :thumbs: :curtsey:

Shouldn't what be? I think I missed something.

orange 4 life
03-09-2006, 05:47 PM

well, since next month will be 7 years without drinking i think ill have to pass...

....though its times like this that make me want to crack a few (dozen) cold ones!! ;D

have one for me. :thumbs:

Jori
03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Shouldn't what be? I think I missed something.
Your avatar

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 06:01 PM

Already ahead of you...:approve:

Breck Bronc
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM

just my .02

jakeI’m going to have to disagree with you on the Blues’ goaltender problems during the Quenneville-era, orange4life. The fact is that St. Louis general manager Larry Pleau never brought in any real goaltending talent to work with after Grant Fuhr finally wore out (due to age and Mike Keenan working him like a mule in 1995-’96). Quenneville stood behind his goalies, they just weren't any good. Guys like Turek and Johnson were propped up by playing behind the Pronger/MacInnis-led defenses all those years. It's not like St. Louis had a Miikka Kiprusoff or Henrik Lundqvist in their organization waiting to break out.

96-97 Grant Fuhr, Jon Casey
97-98 Grant Fuhr, Jon Casey
98-99 Grant Fuhr, Jon Casey, Rich Parent, Brent Johnson, Jim Carrey
99-00 Roman Turek, Jaime McLennan
00-01 Roman Turek, Brent Johnson
01-02 Brent Johnson, Fred Brathwaite
02-03 Brent Johnson, Fred Brathwaite, Chris Osgood, Curtis Sanford, Tom Barrasso, Reinhard Divis, Cody Rudowski
03-04 Chris Osgood, Reinhard Divis, Brent Johnson

Eddie Belfour’s backup in Dallas, Roman Turek, was supposed to be the next big thing when the Blues brought him in for the 1999-’00 season. Turek played well behind the Blues’ great defense, until the playoffs, that is. He fizzled out with the Blues and has proven he’s nothing more than a backup NHL goaltender with the Flames.

The next answer was Brent Johnson who, like Turek before him, has been nothing but an NHL backup with Phoenix and Washington.

In 2002-’03 the Blues had more goaltender injuries than I can ever remember one team suffering.

Chris Osgood flamed out with the Islanders and obviously wasn’t going to lead the Blues anywhere when they picked him up in 2003. He's another former-St. Louis starter that's now an NHL backup.

Is Jose Theodore Quenneville’s long sought after goalie? We’ll see, but Pierre Lacroix was the real driving force behind this move (though Joel wasn‘t going to protest since he was never and Aebischer fan). When Lacroix sets his mind to getting a player he’ll do anything to get him, as Chris Gratton showed us in 2004.

Aside from the high salary cap number Theodore has in the next two seasons I can’t find fault with this deal (ok, and the fact that we have to wait to see Jose in an Avs sweater). Buy low, sell high, that’s what Lacroix did. I think Peter Budaj and David Aebischer are equal -- it’s not like we’re thowing Phillipe Sauve or Hardy Astrom out there to keep us in the playoffs.

Out of all the shock and horror of the last 24 hours the worst thing to happen to this club is Marek Svatos’ season ending injury. I would have liked to upgrade with more than Jim Dowd today, but I can live with us not giving up any of the forward prospects that have finally started to populate the organization again.

Bronx33
03-09-2006, 07:07 PM
I’m going to have to disagree with you on the Blues’ goaltender problems during the Quenneville-era, orange4life. The fact is that St. Louis general manager Larry Pleau never brought in any real goaltending talent to work with after Grant Fuhr finally wore out (due to age and Mike Keenan working him like a mule in 1995-’96). Quenneville stood behind his goalies, they just weren't any good. Guys like Turek and Johnson were propped up by playing behind the Pronger/MacInnis-led defenses all those years. It's not like St. Louis had a Miikka Kiprusoff or Henrik Lundqvist in their organization waiting to break out.

02-03 Brent Johnson, Fred Brathwaite, Chris Osgood, Curtis Sanford, Tom Barrasso, Reinhard Divis, Cody Rudowski

Eddie Belfour’s backup in Dallas, Roman Turek, was supposed to be the next big thing when the Blues brought him in for the 1999-’00 season. Turek played well behind the Blues’ great defense, until the playoffs, that is. He fizzled out with the Blues and has proven he’s nothing more than a backup NHL goaltender with the Flames.

The next answer was Brent Johnson who, like Turek before him, has been nothing but an NHL backup with Phoenix and Washington.

In 2002-’03 the Blues had more goaltender injuries than I can ever remember one team suffering.

Chris Osgood flamed out with the Islanders and obviously wasn’t going to lead the Blues anywhere when they picked him up in 2003. He's another former-St. Louis starter that's now an NHL backup.

Is Jose Theodore Quenneville’s long sought after goalie? We’ll see, but Pierre Lacroix was the real driving force behind this move (though Joel wasn‘t going to protest since he was never and Aebischer fan). When Lacroix sets his mind to getting a player he’ll do anything to get him, as Chris Gratton showed us in 2004.

Aside from the high salary cap number Theodore has in the next two seasons I can’t find fault with this deal (ok, and the fact that we have to wait to see Jose in an Avs sweater). Buy low, sell high, that’s what Lacroix did. I think Peter Budaj and David Aebischer are equal -- it’s not like we’re thowing Phillipe Sauve or Hardy Astrom out there to keep us in the playoffs.

Out of all the shock and horror of the last 24 hours the worst thing to happen to this club is Marek Svatos’ season ending injury. I would have liked to upgrade with more than Jim Dowd today, but I can live with us not giving up any of the forward prospects that have finally started to populate the organization again.

PL didn't go all out this FA and dip into the prospect pool Iam glad he didn't), so it kinda reinforces the thought he is looking at next year and not this one.

orange 4 life
03-09-2006, 07:46 PM
I’m going to have to disagree with you on the Blues’ goaltender problems during the Quenneville-era, orange4life. The fact is that St. Louis general manager Larry Pleau never brought in any real goaltending talent to work with after Grant Fuhr finally wore out (due to age and Mike Keenan working him like a mule in 1995-’96). Quenneville stood behind his goalies, they just weren't any good. Guys like Turek and Johnson were propped up by playing behind the Pronger/MacInnis-led defenses all those years. It's not like St. Louis had a Miikka Kiprusoff or Henrik Lundqvist in their organization waiting to break out.

svatos' injury is just a fvcking dagger man.
really upsetting, and making it really hard to stay optimistic about the remainder of this season.

as for coach q, do you not think perhaps he tears down a goalies confidence?

i watched turek, and i ALSO thought turek was going to be hot sh!t.
i also remember watching the blues shuffle him in and out of net, which didnt quite make sense to me.
and with the playoffs, how bad was he?
and how many chances did he get?
and did his COACH kill his confidence?

all i know is that quennville has a long track record of goalies flaming out and/or not having good relationships with his net minders, and that of course is the most important position on the ice.
WHY was joel "not a fan of aeby"?

frankly, i think the avs would be doing alot better right now if aeby had been the #1 all along without q's unnecessary goalie shuffle earlier in the year, and though we all know lacroix pulls the strings, its q that created this whole situation in the 1st place.

bottom line is i just dont like the guy as a coach, and i think more and more colorado fans are starting to feel the same way.

Mogulseeker
03-09-2006, 09:02 PM
MT, are you trying to be funny with that avitar? Or have you given up on the Moore thing?