View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 02:36 PM
the sens choking in the playoffs...cough cough

again

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Trading Drury and Ballard were probably Lacroix's worst two moves. Ballard is a stud and would look wonderful on our blue line right now.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dowd back. Lappy is under contract next season. I think he's injured. From the start of the playoffs, Quenneville inexplicably stopped using on the PK. Unless he's in the dog house for peeing in Q's cereal, something smells fishy.

In terms of prospects, don't expect much help. The Avs best prospects are in college and are a couple years away. This team has no quality defensive prospects and I would expect them to use the next couple of drafts to shore up the blueline depth. Tanguay could be used to acquire a young defenseman if contract talks get nasty.

I think and hope that Turgeon will retire. I don't hate the guy, but clearly, he needs to hang up the skates.

I'd like to see May and Brisebois shipped out. Boughner wont be resigned. Sauer is young, but too slow for the new NHL. Liles is a liability, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The Avs will use their cap room to improve the blueline. Luckly, this is a good free agent crop for defenseman.

Lappy is one of the best character/lockeroom players in the business IMO or a asset on a serious cup run.

alkemical
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
The buy out/ no cap hit was only for last summer so that teams could get under the new cap system. Now if you buy out a player, it's a cap hit. What I don't know for sure is if the full amount of the player's salary will count against the cap or whether it's a percentage.

However, there is another option. You can waive the player, if that player is claimed by another team, the new team would be responsible for the salary. If the player clears waivers, you can send them to your AHL team and while you still have to pay the player at an NHL salary, it wont count against the cap. I believe this rule is for players who have one way contracts. A guy like Richardson has a two-way contract, but he would only get an AHL salary if he were to play in Albany next year (and in his case, wouldn't have to clear waivers).

A perfect example:

Jocyln Thibeau

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 02:39 PM
the sens choking in the playoffs...cough cough

again

The canes are playing very well even without cole.

defenseman
05-10-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm liking the sabres and the canes. However, the sharks will come out of the west and give either of these a run for their money. I'd lay odds on buffalo though. I'm liking them offensively more and more..dman

chadta
05-10-2006, 02:53 PM
:unamused: If you weren't the Man with handling my Diego tickets, I'd slap you for that one. I've taken that loss rather well I think although I can't speak for the rest of my Flyer brethren.

That said, I'm taking great pleasure in watching Buffalo deal on Ottawa Ha!

F' THE SENS!!!!

The best part about the flyers loss was that i didnt get to (or have to) watch it, damn tv at disney showed the carolina montreal game, thank got montreal is gone, now if only buffalo could beat out the sens, then lose to carolina, they do have 3 x flyers on them so im rooting for them, come on get brindamour a ring.

Al Wilson
05-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Sens will win tonight . . . I guarantee.

Jori
05-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Forsberg out until January!

http://www.philadelphiaflyers.com/pressbox/archive/2611.asp

Man on man, if only this guy could stay healthy :(

Breck Bronc
05-10-2006, 04:55 PM
lol! now that was way over the top.....

give me a breakThey're perfectly built for the salary cap and new rules with all of their young talent and speed. I'd like to hear why you think they won't be a perennial Stanley Cup contender with their current group.

hey, how was the crowd around you?...for one of the best hockey games I've watched all year, it looked like on TV that half the lower bowl would rather be doing something else after each colorado goal or TV timeout......I can't remember ever seeing this in a playoff game at the Can.The crowd was the same as it's always been in the playoffs the past 10 years.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 05:30 PM

Clutch scores.....

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 05:45 PM
I get a real kick out of people pining for Chris Drury. I swear, to listen to some people around this town, you'd think that the Avs would have won the last three Stanley Cups if only they hadn't traded the legend that is Drury.

Pezman
05-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Noooooo! Ah well, just got back from Vegas where I went on the annual debauchery festival with some buds. We watched the game at the Tilted Kilt in the Rio and ran across more plastic Ducks fans. It was hilarious to have to explain to those "fans" what the blue line offsides play stoppage meant. Gotta love them SoCal bandwagoners. Quack!

Onto game 3, I thought it was by far the most open we played in this series. Getting a 5-3 advantage and walking away empty-handed was just a killer in that first but at least we found a way to break through at long last eh? I really feel like this team is at a crossroads again with that first line. At times, the old flashes of the great former Avs lineups show through, but it just never feels like we could steal a game just on willpower anymore. Our defense is showing the same cracks that I've been worried about all year. Man oh man, what I wouldnt do to get Footer back in an Avs jersey. Its amazing how much we miss his playoff presence on that ice sometimes.

Obviously, any hopes of winning this series are impractical but I still have hope we make a great showing and win game 4 at home with honor. And if we do go make it to game 5, you better believe I'll still be at the Pond in increasingly growing enemy territory rooting on my Avs with my gear in tow CaliJohn! Go AVS!!!

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
950 The Fan is such a ****ing joke. It's comical to listen to these shills refuse to hold anyone from the Avs accountable. It was especially amazing to hear Mike "Whiny Biatch" Evans and Joe "What Color Is The Blue Line?" Williams sitting there going on about what an overall good game Breezeby played. Almost sounds like these jerkoffs are reading from a script approved by Pierre Lacroix.

It kills me because I've heard people from 950 criticize other radio stations (specifically 850 KOA) for being Bronco homers, yet here they are acting as the Avs organizational mouthpiece.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 06:41 PM
950 The Fan is such a ****ing joke. It's comical to listen to these shills refuse to hold anyone from the Avs accountable. It was especially amazing to hear Mike "Whiny Biatch" Evans and Joe "What Color Is The Blue Line?" Williams sitting there going on about what an overall good game Breezeby played. Almost sounds like these jerkoffs are reading from a script approved by Pierre Lacroix.

It kills me because I've heard people from 950 criticize other radio stations (specifically 850 KOA) for being Bronco homers, yet here they are acting as the Avs organizational mouthpiece.

We are in need of a real hockey wise radio show/ hosts.

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
We are in need of a real hockey wise radio show/ hosts.

Not to worry, Evans just revealed that he's been around Breezeby and thinks he's a nice guy and a stand up guy. Oh yeah, and he also said he was sorry for what happened. I guess that makes it allright.::)

That pisses me off because that little **** stain Evans is the first one to jump all over Jake Plummer the second he makes a mistake, despite the fact that, by all accounts, Plummer is a nice guy and a stand up guy too. But then 950 isn't the Broncos flagship station, so I guess that gives them the green light to be critical of them while being complete Avalanche suck ups.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 06:50 PM
Not to worry, Evans just revealed that he's been around Breezeby and thinks he's a nice guy and a stand up guy. Oh yeah, and he also said he was sorry for what happened. I guess that makes it allright.::)

That pisses me off because that little **** stain Evans is the first one to jump all over Jake Plummer the second he makes a mistake, despite the fact that, by all accounts, Plummer is a nice guy and a stand up guy too. But then 950 isn't the Broncos flagship station, so I guess that gives them the green light to be critical of them while being complete Avalanche suck ups.

They like getting invited to all the avs parties we need somebody that doesn't care what they think and speak the truth.

Hogan11
05-10-2006, 07:39 PM

So much for that guarantee Ha!

Jori
05-10-2006, 07:41 PM
It's 2-2 going into OT

Jori
05-10-2006, 07:42 PM

They were defending Brisebois on Avs Talk last night too. Sandy Clough said that Brisebois was the Avs second best defenseman last night :rofl:

Jori
05-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I get a real kick out of people pining for Chris Drury. I swear, to listen to some people around this town, you'd think that the Avs would have won the last three Stanley Cups if only they hadn't traded the legend that is Drury.
Perhaps fans are overexaggerating, but the Avs haven't found any consistent secondary scoring in the playoffs since he left. In 02-03 and 03-04 only Sakic and Forsberg consistently produced for the Avs during the post season. This year, the Avs top line was great in the Dallas series, but Tanguay (outside of game three) was nowhere to be found. The Ducks shut down the Sakic line and Tanguay continues to be non-existent. Yes, Drury will always be an average regular season player, but there is no denying he stepped up in the playoffs. It was up to guys like Tanguay and Hejduk to fill the void and they have not stepped up to the plate.

Jori
05-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Buffalo wins!

Sens and Devils join the Avs in the down 0-3 club. Will Edmonton be next? Gotta love the NHL playoffs.

SoCalBronco
05-10-2006, 08:04 PM
http://www.mysencity.com/Sigs/mycup.gif

If I were on Chiefsplanet, I believe "Heh" would be the appropriate word.

This serves the poster Al_Wilson right for being an arrogant jackass all year.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Anybody watchin?

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Avs homepage shows that Vanaanan will be back for game 4. Now all we need is Svatos back by game 7 ;D .

That's great news and all, but it kind of worries me. That was a horrible injury and it seems a bit quick to come back from it. I hope he doesn't reinjure it and ruin his career.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 08:27 PM

Hey, welcome to the 0-3 club! Nice guarantee.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Oil up 1-0 after 1 .............15-2 oil lead in shots. LOL

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Perhaps fans are overexaggerating, but the Avs haven't found any consistent secondary scoring in the playoffs since he left. In 02-03 and 03-04 only Sakic and Forsberg consistently produced for the Avs during the post season. This year, the Avs top line was great in the Dallas series, but Tanguay (outside of game three) was nowhere to be found. The Ducks shut down the Sakic line and Tanguay continues to be non-existent. Yes, Drury will always be an average regular season player, but there is no denying he stepped up in the playoffs. It was up to guys like Tanguay and Hejduk to fill the void and they have not stepped up to the plate.

I hear what you're saying, but Drury's legend has seemingly almost reached mythical proportions in the last three years. Honestly, you'd think that he scored every game winning goal in every playoff game he played in when he was here to listen to some in this city. I always want to ask them where he was in 2002 when the Avs got shut out in games 6 & 7 by Detroit. Why didn't "Clutch" come to the rescue then?

Drury is a nice player and he did score a few big goals for this team, but it gets annoying when people are so uninformed that they convince themselves that the only thing wrong with the Avalanche is the absence of Chris Drury. It reminds me of when the Avs traded Deadmarsh and then all of a sudden people morphed him into Cam Neely in their minds.

The Morris/Ballard trade bothers me a hell of a lot more than the Drury trade.

Al Wilson
05-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Well, it sucks. Really does, but whatever.

I'm not one to make excuses, but when you're best player (Hasek) is out, and the backup isn't getting the job done, you won't last in the playoffs.

SoCal, how's the dog house

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Well, it sucks. Really does, but whatever.

I'm not one to make excuses, but when you're best player (Hasek) is out, and the backup isn't getting the job done, you won't last in the playoffs.

SoCal, how's the dog house

Ahahahahaha! Who was sucking Emery off a scant month or so ago? I don't believe it was any of us.

Jori
05-10-2006, 09:08 PM
The Ballard trade is a bad one as well, no argument there.

Chris Drury is my favorite player, so I do come off as biased talking about him. Yet, I don't think it was the actual trade of Drury that was so bad, it that nobody has replaced that secondary scoring. That's where Tanguay and to a lesser extent Hejduk have failed

While Drury may have legendary status in the minds of some (ahem John Buccigross), some did underrate him saying that he only produced because of Forsberg. He outplayed Forsberg in the Sabres/Flyers series and look what he is doing in the series against Ottawa. Drury is one of those players who elevates his game when the times get rough. Until the Avs can find some consistent secondary scoring in the playoffs, Drury's name will continue to be brought up (especially now that he has found new playoff success in Buffalo).

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Bring back any memories?

Even with Emery in net the Sens are still the best team in the league. Emery is an awesome goalie, and he'll have a chance to prove himself in the playoffs.

How about the sens without Hasek? 10-1-1 in the last 12 games. Emery has been awesome, and looks to be a star in the future.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. Ha!

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 09:26 PM
The Ballard trade is a bad one as well, no argument there.

Chris Drury is my favorite player, so I do come off as biased talking about him. Yet, I don't think it was the actual trade of Drury that was so bad, it that nobody has replaced that secondary scoring. That's where Tanguay and to a lesser extent Hejduk have failed

While Drury may have legendary status in the minds of some (ahem John Buccigross), some did underrate him saying that he only produced because of Forsberg. He outplayed Forsberg in the Sabres/Flyers series and look what he is doing in the series against Ottawa. Drury is one of those players who elevates his game when the times get rough. Until the Avs can find some consistent secondary scoring in the playoffs, Drury's name will continue to be brought up (especially now that he has found new playoff success in Buffalo).

No love for Derek Morris? I actually miss having him back there. Maybe I'm a bit biased there because I gained a great measure of respect for Derek Morris when he was the only Avalanche player with the balls to publicly rip Bertuzzi & the Canchokes the night that they ended Steve Moore's career. He was traded two days later and I still wonder if that was a coincidence or not.

Drury wasn't a creation of Peter Forsberg, but it certainly didn't hurt playing alongside him. Even then, Drury's points per game in the postseason is only slightly better than Hejduk's (though way better than Tanguay's). So I don't think it's fair to classify Hejduk as having failed to contribute. Tanguay on the other hand......

I have to wonder if we'd be having this conversation or if people around here would be back in mourning over Drury if Marek Svatos was in the lineup. The injuries have hampered him, no question, but when he was healthy he had a knack for racking up game winning goals. He even notched an OT winner in the '04 playoffs. I'm not saying he'd be the Avs savior, but they'd certainly be more dangerous with him on the ice. Here's to hoping that he can come back full strength next year and stay healthy. This league is now set up for players like him to succeed.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:34 PM
I forgot all about Morris sticking up for Moore. I cheered for Morris to be traded. I knew when he actually got traded, I'd end up being sorry he was gone one day.

Speaking of Clodd....a funny thing happened at my house today. I had taken all my kids to school and come back and was looking at the piles of papers they had brought home. I saw a hockey card sitting on top of one pile. Our school had some has been hockey player here a couple of months ago and he had given out cards, so I assumed it was his.

I picked it up and OH MY GAWD, it was a Todd Bertuzzi card! I about **** myself. I showed it to my husband and he about laughed himself silly over it. I called my son over and asked him what it was. The poor sweet misguided boy that he is, he said he had gotten to pick a prize and he saw a hockey card, so he picked it out for me.

I gave him a big hug, told him thank you, and that man is the devil. :)

Ahhh kids.

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I forgot all about Morris sticking up for Moore. I cheered for Morris to be traded. I knew when he actually got traded, I'd end up being sorry he was gone one day.

Speaking of Clodd....a funny thing happened at my house today. I had taken all my kids to school and come back and was looking at the piles of papers they had brought home. I saw a hockey card sitting on top of one pile. Our school had some has been hockey player here a couple of months ago and he had given out cards, so I assumed it was his.

I picked it up and OH MY GAWD, it was a Todd Bertuzzi card! I about **** myself. I showed it to my husband and he about laughed himself silly over it. I called my son over and asked him what it was. The poor sweet misguided boy that he is, he said he had gotten to pick a prize and he saw a hockey card, so he picked it out for me.

I gave him a big hug, told him thank you, and that man is the devil. :)

Ahhh kids.

His heart was in the right place. :)

Al Wilson
05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Ahahahahaha! Who was sucking Emery off a scant month or so ago? I don't believe it was any of us.
Not like your team is doing any better

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
If the Oilers don't come from behind in this one we could be looking at a Moses Malone "Fo, fo, fo, fo" second round.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Not like your team is doing any better

Yes, I realize that. All of us Avs fans also didn't come in at the beginning of the season and blather on constantly about how mighty our team was and how they were going to win it all this year, and on, and on, and on.

We never expected our team to get this far,so in all reality, we're doing better than expected. Yours on the other hand....well, you know. :)

Al Wilson
05-10-2006, 09:47 PM
Yes, I realize that. All of us Avs fans also didn't come in at the beginning of the season and blather on constantly about how mighty our team was and how they were going to win it all this year, and on, and on, and on.

We never expected our team to get this far,so in all reality, we're doing better than expected. Yours on the other hand....well, you know. :)
Please. . . You would've done the same if Avs were top 2 in the West.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Please. . . You would've done the same if Avs were top 2 in the West.

No, actually I don't believe any of us here would have. We know better.

Al Wilson
05-10-2006, 09:54 PM
No, actually I don't believe any of us here would have. We know better.
Good oneHilarious!

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 10:01 PM
His heart was in the right place. :)

It was. It was a shocking way to start my morning. :)

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Good oneHilarious!

Maybe there are some here that would have done it. I doubt it, but I was speaking for myself. I know how that karma **** works. You brag about your team and they go down. No thank you. Humility is the name of the game.

BIM
05-10-2006, 10:13 PM
Whats the series? No sarcasn please.

Breck Bronc
05-10-2006, 10:14 PM
No love for Derek Morris? I actually miss having him back there. Maybe I'm a bit biased there because I gained a great measure of respect for Derek Morris when he was the only Avalanche player with the balls to publicly rip Bertuzzi & the Canchokes the night that they ended Steve Moore's career. He was traded two days later and I still wonder if that was a coincidence or not.Morris will always be one of my favorite players for being so critical of Bertuzzi the night of the incident. I also appreciated that he wasn't a great fighter but still dropped the gloves when a non-fighter teammate needed help. IMO he has never been the same since David Ling's one nasty punch broke his orbital bone.

I believe Morris was traded less than 10 hours after the Bertuzzi incident -- that infamous game ended late Pacific Time and the trading deadline was in the afternoon the next day.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
Whats the series? No sarcasn please.
Us = 0, them = 3.

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 10:19 PM
I believe Morris was traded less than 10 hours after the Bertuzzi incident -- that infamous game ended late Pacific Time and the trading deadline was in the afternoon the next day.

You're right, it was literally hours afterwards. I didn't understand the trade then and it makes even less sense now.

Getting Paul Stastny out of that deal softens the blow somewhat, but it still doesn't make our thin defense any better in the here and now.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 10:27 PM
oil score 2-2

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Going to OT...... bonus hockey!

Jori
05-10-2006, 10:49 PM
No love for Derek Morris? I actually miss having him back there. Maybe I'm a bit biased there because I gained a great measure of respect for Derek Morris when he was the only Avalanche player with the balls to publicly rip Bertuzzi & the Canchokes the night that they ended Steve Moore's career. He was traded two days later and I still wonder if that was a coincidence or not.

Drury wasn't a creation of Peter Forsberg, but it certainly didn't hurt playing alongside him. Even then, Drury's points per game in the postseason is only slightly better than Hejduk's (though way better than Tanguay's). So I don't think it's fair to classify Hejduk as having failed to contribute. Tanguay on the other hand......

I have to wonder if we'd be having this conversation or if people around here would be back in mourning over Drury if Marek Svatos was in the lineup. The injuries have hampered him, no question, but when he was healthy he had a knack for racking up game winning goals. He even notched an OT winner in the '04 playoffs. I'm not saying he'd be the Avs savior, but they'd certainly be more dangerous with him on the ice. Here's to hoping that he can come back full strength next year and stay healthy. This league is now set up for players like him to succeed.
I liked Derek Morris, I just didn't think he was the same player after he got into that fight and broke his orbital bone. I think the emergence of Liles made Morris expendable in the eyes of the Avalanche, though throwing in Ballard was a dumb mistake.

I thought Svatos was great in the series against Dallas in 03-04, the problem is that he disappeared in the San Jose series. The only players to consistently produce were Sakic in Forsberg. If you go back to the idea that some people had about Drury's production being a reflection of Forsberg, why didn't anybody else step up other then Sakic and Forsberg in that San Jose series? The lack of secondary scoring was a big reason why they lost to the Sharks in 2004.

Again, this may be my bias showing through, but I always felt that Drury's goals were more timely. Hejduk had that type of magic in his rookie season when he scored those two overtime goals in the San Jose series in 99, but Milan hasn't had that kind of moment since that time. Those types of moments from Drury came much more often.

I certainly hope Svatos can develop into that guy. However, I happen to think the Avs do have that type of clutch performer in their system; however, he's currently playing for the University of Denver. Much like Drury, Paul Stastny seems to have that "it" factor.

Pezman
05-10-2006, 11:24 PM
I sense double ot for this Oilers/Sharks game... ah screw it, lets see this thing go at least 4 extra frames just for fun

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 11:39 PM
I sense double ot for this Oilers/Sharks game... ah screw it, lets see this thing go at least 4 extra frames just for fun

More bonus hockey!

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 11:42 PM
Man, between Giguere and Nabakov that's a lot of $$ riding the pine.

There's certainly something to be said for goaltending depth. Also gives those teams a nice bargaining chip for possible trades when the offseason rolls around.

Pezman
05-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Man, between Giguere and Nabakov that's a lot of $$ riding the pine.

There's certainly something to be said for goaltending depth. Also gives those teams a nice bargaining chip for possible trades when the offseason rolls around.

If the Ducks would have been smart (I'm staring at your dumb ass Brian Burke), they would have offloaded JSG when they had the chance in January when the Rangers/Canucks/Panthers came a calling. His value is still high though. Too bad he wont see the light of day for the rest of the playoffs with the Russian wall taking over between the pipes.

SoCalBronco
05-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Not the NHL Playoffs, but with the normal hockey thread in the off topics forum I thought id post it here.

Malkin's leaping over the goaltender goal from yesterday at the World Championships.
http://www.ivanandbecca.com/malkin1.avi

I read he also had a huge game today and Crosby has been raping as well. He has clicked really well with Bergeron, its a dominant line.

Pezman
05-10-2006, 11:57 PM
This is pathetic, 90 minutes in gametime and San Jose only has 24 shots on goal? I think the damned Ducks had that many in the first period in game one against the Avs... or it felt like it at least...

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 11:57 PM
Not the NHL Playoffs, but with the normal hockey thread in the off topics forum I thought id post it here.

Malkin's leaping over the goaltender goal from yesterday at the World Championships.
http://www.ivanandbecca.com/malkin1.avi

I read he also had a huge game today and Crosby has been raping as well. He has clicked really well with Bergeron, its a dominant line.

He looks like the total package, but it sounds as if his Russian club isn't going to make it easy for him to go to Pittsburgh next season.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 12:05 AM
He looks like the total package, but it sounds as if his Russian club isn't going to make it easy for him to go to Pittsburgh next season.

Yeah, I read about them demanding 25 million or whatever, but its just talk. It is almost a lock that he will be in Pittsburgh from what ive read. There is a good chance a transfer agreement gets worked out this year and even if it doesnt, the Russian Labor law, which also applies to hockey players allows anyone to break their contract given a short period of notice. Malkin said its 100 percent that he will be a Penguin in the fall.

I cant wait to unleash all these kids on the league at once.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
I cant wait to unleash all these kids on the league at once.

You and me both. This years rookie crop was beyond amazing and I can't wait to see what the next wave can bring.

I only saw Malkin extensively at the Olympics and that was enough to make me a believer. He can do it all.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Big save by Roloson.

Pezman
05-11-2006, 12:18 AM
Onto triple OT we go! I love playoff hockey!

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Oilers win. No fo', fo', fo', fo' this year.

Bronx33
05-11-2006, 12:57 AM
great game! oil deserved the win anyways.

Killericon
05-11-2006, 01:15 AM
great game! oil deserved the win anyways.

Toskola Deserved the win.

Bronx33
05-11-2006, 01:39 AM

Ummmmm ya, the oil out played the sharks and toskala deserved the win?

broncocalijohn
05-11-2006, 01:07 PM
:unamused: If you weren't the Man with handling my Diego tickets, I'd slap you for that one. I've taken that loss rather well I think although I can't speak for the rest of my Flyer brethren.

That said, I'm taking great pleasure in watching Buffalo deal on Ottawa Ha!

F' THE SENS!!!!

You cant slap the man who knows about Flyer fan. Harsh just like their football brotherein. I wouldnt walk into that arena with a Ducks jersey. Vicious animals on the loose.

chadta
05-11-2006, 01:48 PM
You cant slap the man who knows about Flyer fan. Harsh just like their football brotherein. I wouldnt walk into that arena with a Ducks jersey. Vicious animals on the loose.

yeah your right, i made it down for a philly jersey game the year before the strike, my wifes a jersey fan, she was getting popcorn and stuff thrown at her, and she was walking with me in my flyers jersey, id hate to think what they would have done to her if she was by herself.

It was awesome tho to be the home team for once instead of always being the visiting team.

Pendejo
05-11-2006, 02:30 PM

Yeah. Tay-o-door deserved to win the other night too.

DivineLegion
05-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Heres to a Carolina sweeeeeeeeeeeep of the Devils on Sat. Night...

TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL-Stryper

Bronx33
05-11-2006, 03:10 PM
Yeah. Tay-o-door deserved to win the other night too.

Only difference was his team deserved to win too except for breezebys one mistake, sure toskala played well but the rest of his team didn't the oil played well on both ends of the ice and won.

Bronx33
05-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Heres to a Carolina sweeeeeeeeeeeep of the Devils on Sat. Night...

TO HELL WITH THE DEVIL-Stryper

I have liked the canes all season they also have adjusted well after losing cole, he was a big part of the team.

Pendejo
05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
Only difference was his team deserved to win too except for breezebys one mistake, sure toskala played well but the rest of his team didn't the oil played well on both ends of the ice and won.

Maybe the boys will pick him up tonight. :)

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Please God, don't let us be swept tonight. :pray:

Pezman
05-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Go Avs! We're gonna win tonight and send this sucker back to Cali for a game 5, I believe!

Bronx33
05-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Sens up 1-0

Jori
05-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Sens avoid the sweep with a 2-1 win.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm glad. The Sens are really good this year.

I'd like to see SOMEONE come back.

Hogan11
05-11-2006, 07:42 PM
yeah your right, i made it down for a philly jersey game the year before the strike, my wifes a jersey fan, she was getting popcorn and stuff thrown at her, and she was walking with me in my flyers jersey, id hate to think what they would have done to her if she was by herself.

I absolutely hate bullshat like that....that's why I outlawed Ralph Wilson Stadium for life years ago.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 07:52 PM

It was awesome tho to be the home team for once instead of always being the visiting team.

I think thats more of a Philly fan thing. I've been the opposing fan many-a-time, and been alright.

WABronco
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Sens avoid the sweep with a 2-1 win.
How did Buffalo not score at the end there?

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Super Joe!! 1-0 Avs!!

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 08:21 PM
How did Buffalo not score at the end there?

How?

Well they didnt put the puck past the goal line.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Weird to see Vaananen back so late.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Without Bryzgalov, the Avs would probably have 3 or 4 goals by now.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Avs have generated more chances in this first period than they have in any of this series thus far.

Theodore has made some huge saves. He seems to be getting better as the playoffs go along.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Avs have generated more chances in this first period than they have in any of this series thus far.

Theodore has made some huge saves. He seems to be getting better as the playoffs go along.

Yep, he was huge on that Ducks shorthanded oppurtunity.

Jens1893
one one

Clockwork Orange
That was offsides. What a crock.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 08:57 PM

Hopefully the rest of the team follows suit.

That ****in Breezeblow. Is he scared to actually fight for the puck or what?

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 08:59 PM
WOW... Joe Sakic ALL class.

The guy just took credit for the goal. The OTHER goal for Anaheim.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 09:02 PM
Joe took credit for it? Wasn't it Breezeblow over there by the boards that gave up and let the Duck player have it?

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Could Brisebois look any more worthless right now? Worthless isn't the right word, actually, because he's been very valueable to the Ducks. If Q has any brains Brisebois has already taken his last shift for the Avalanche.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Hopefully the rest of the team follows suit.

That ****in Breezeblow. Is he scared to actually fight for the puck or what?

I'm pretty pissed off at Bris as well for his play this season. Sure he put in a lot of points, but he is exactly what we didnt need.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Joe took credit for it? Wasn't it Breezeblow over there by the boards that gave up and let the Duck player have it?

He said that goal was his fault for not being where he needed to be in his zone.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Breezy cant get there in time for the icing and the Avs pay.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:11 PM
****ing Breezeby gets beat to the puck and the Ducks score.

Get your tee times ready boys, Breezeby is gonna make sure you all end up on the golf course.

-6 for the series for Breezeby. **** me.

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
At this point there is nothing that can be said. Brisebois is a bum and Q keeps playing him. He's just as much a goat as Brisebois.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Almost another Ducks goal

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:29 PM
A pair of 2 on 1's wasted because of poor passing. Another trademark of the Avs in this series.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I wish they could decline the penalty. The power play has been that bad.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:35 PM
No Avalanche player wants to work the puck down low. Just pass it to the point and stand still while Blake takes a shot that will either be blocked or miss the net entirely. That's all they've done on the power play all series.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:41 PM
Jesus, Breezeby is getting worse as the series goes along. It's really odd that Quenneville has no problem benching Sauer or Liles, yet he keeps running Breezeby out there shift after shift no matter how awful he is.

Mogulseeker
05-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Jesus, Breezeby is getting worse as the series goes along. It's really odd that Quenneville has no problem benching Sauer or Liles, yet he keeps running Breezeby out there shift after shift no matter how awful he is.

I'd like to see more of both

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Jesus, Tanguay finally hits someone and it's Andrew Brunette. ::)

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey Skrastins, if you want to watch the game, buy a ticket.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Theodore is keeping the Avs alive

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Penner scores on the 2 on 1.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Another defensive breakdown and it's 3-1. Guess who, Patricia Breezeby. That makes him a wonderful -7 for the series.

As Bill Paxton said in Aliens, "Game over, man! Game over!"

Pezman
05-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Penner? My god, they'll let anyone score tonight wont they. Sigh, I guess its time to face the horror and realize that its been two long weeks since we last saw the Avs win a game. Seems like so long ago.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
nice dive to cut off the pass by the Duck defender.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:17 PM
And look at that, Q sends Breezeby right back out there. How surprising.

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
And look at that, Q sends Breezeby right back out there. How surprising.

I can't even watch anymore. I hope the fans have started booing him every time he touches the puck.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
I can't even watch anymore. I hope the fans have started booing him every time he touches the puck.

Nope, sounds like the fans have given up. Can't really blame them, the Avs look like they gave up in the 2nd period.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Still 10 mins to go. Avs need a quick goal here to tighten the Ducks nerves up.

Jori
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Q has no problem benching Sauer or Liles but he keeps throwing Breezeby out there. I hate that we are likely stuck with this bum for another season.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Still 10 mins to go. Avs need a quick goal here to tighten the Ducks nerves up.

Don't count on it. Everyone from the Avs, outside of the 4th line, looks like they're just going through the motions out there. The Ducks are just playing a smart, solid defensive period and the Avs aren't putting up much of a fight. There's no sense of urgency from the Avs whatsoever.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Q has no problem benching Sauer or Liles but he keeps throwing Breezeby out there. I hate that we are likely stuck with this bum for another season.

Great minds......:~ohyah!:

WABronco
How?

Well they didnt put the puck past the goal line.
Derrr...that's funny.

Pezman
Wonder if Joe Quenny gets some heat now. I like his coaching decisions on a whole but this team really needs some big time adjustments going into the '06-07 campaign and if we play as uninspired in the regular season as we did down the stretch this year. Don't you think he has to be partially accountable? I'm sure Joe Williams and the Mose will be all over Pierre and Co. tomorrow on the Fan.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Wonder if Joe Quenny gets some heat now. I like his coaching decisions on a whole but this team really needs some big time adjustments going into the '06-07 campaign and if we play as uninspired in the regular season as we did down the stretch this year, he has to be partially accountable.

Keeping Brisbieous (sp) in there is very curious to be sure, but I dont see how any heat can be on Joel Quenneville. He got a team that was inconsistent all year long (culminating in a 7 seed) to the 2nd round. The team they are going to get eliminated by may very well win the Stanley Cup the way they are playing.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Best scoring chance of the period and Sakic misses the net by a country mile.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:32 PM
That looks like a Box and One.

Pezman
05-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Keeping Brisbieous (sp) in there is very curious to be sure, but I dont see how any heat can be on Joel Quenneville. He got a team that was inconsistent all year long (culminating in a 7 seed) to the 2nd round. The team they are going to get eliminated by may very well win the Stanley Cup the way they are playing.

I would agree to an extent, but at what point does he become accountable with that late season swoon that dropped them to that 7 seed? I know we had some injury concerns that affected us as well. Hell, I'd like to see Pierre held more accountable for that poor defense and lack of depth as well.

As for Anaheim, I think their series vs San Jose (most likely) will be a pretty even series. I still think San Jose will be the favorite to head into the finals, but the way Bryzgalov has been, he could very well will that Ducks team all the way at this rate.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Empty netter seals it. The Avs have been swept. Congrats to the Ducks, they dominated this series from start to finish.

DBruleU
05-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Well...first time Avs have ever been swept while in Denver.

What an utterly pathetic series. Ducks kicked our A**, royaly.

DBruleU
05-11-2006, 10:36 PM
I think I'll root for Carolina in the East, and....well there isn't anyone in the West I really like.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Well, let the speculation begin. What changes need to be made by Pierre Lacroix?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy at all about them getting dominated, but the fact remains that for most of the season I didn't think this team would get even this far. If you'd have told me that the Avs would go farther in the playoffs than Detroit, Dallas & Calgary, I'd have taken it.

The transitional year is over, it's time for Lacroix to do what he can to make this team a true contender again.

Pezman
05-11-2006, 10:43 PM
Well, for what its worth, the Avs finally managed to outshoot the Ducks 38-32 in this game. Lord knows, it was our best effort on the O side for the entire series after being outshot for the other three games. Too bad it was only worth one goal tonight. Sigh... Congrats Calijohn, your Ducks thrashed us good.

DBruleU
05-11-2006, 10:44 PM
It's definitely rebuilding time. And with Sakic and Blake both UFA's now, it's hard to tell what will happen.

We need to start to get some good young players through the draft for a change, and actually get someone in FA.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 10:45 PM
That sucked ass completely. I'm proud that they got as far as they did because I certainly wasn't penciling them in for the 2nd round. A sweep is the most disappointing though.

That stupid bastard Breezeblow....I hope he has police protection because he should need it after this ****. He couldn't hold a fart in, no less a damn puck.

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
If you'd have told me that the Avs would go farther in the playoffs than Detroit, Dallas & Calgary, I'd have taken it.

True enough... but the way they got smacked by Anaheim leaves a bad taste... It was an abberation that this team got out of the first round. We're lucky Dallas is a terrible playoff team.

Looking at the minutes Brisebois got in this game, I've got a sinking feeling that we will see him on this team again next season. If that is the case, I don't think there is much hope for next season, mostly because it reflects poorly on management and coaching.

Jori
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
The salary cap will prevent any team from making drastic changes, but the Avs clearly need to add some size and speed to their lineup. I think the number one goal is to improve the defense. If Lacroix can move Brisebois, he would get an A+ for the offseason. Brisebois' removal would be an addition by subtraction.

Good luck to Anaheim in the conference finals.

DBruleU
05-11-2006, 10:47 PM
At least the Cap goes up a litte. So will salaries though.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 10:50 PM
True enough... but the way they got smacked by Anaheim leaves a bad taste... It was an abberation that this team got out of the first round. We're lucky Dallas is a terrible playoff team.

Looking at the minutes Brisebois got in this game, I've got a sinking feeling that we will see him on this team again next season. If that is the case, I don't think there is much hope for next season, mostly because it reflects poorly on management and coaching.

How can you say it was an abberation? They played damn good hockey and owned the Stars. We were the better team. In this series, we weren't. I don't consider them getting out of the first round by finishing off the #2 seed an abberation at all. They earned it.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm an Oil fan now, btw. I like the Sabres in the East, as well. I'd have no problem seeing either win the Cup.

Breck Bronc
05-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Not one bounce. Not one damn bounce in 4 games. The Ducks were by far the better team, I would have just liked to see one bad break for Anaheim at any point.

I knew it was over when we were flying in the first period and couldn't get that 2-goal lead. Once Marchant scored to tie it the series was over.

Oh well. We're spoiled hockey fans in Colorado so I'm not disappointed. I'm actually optimistic that we've got a better goaltender situation than we did going into the past two seasons. You have to think Turgeon will retire, freeing up cap space. I think we'll add a couple of good players instead of losing Forsberg, Foote, Selanne, Kariya and replacing them with May, Turgeon, and Brisebois.

Now it's go Matt Carle and the Sharks and if they don't win the Cup I hope the Sabres or Hurricanes lift it for the first time.

Jori
05-11-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm not a 100%, but I think Turgeon's salary would count against the cap even if he retires.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm not a 100%, but I think Turgeon's salary would count against the cap even if he retires.

Im not sure about this, but when Palffy retired, I read the rest of his contract wouldnt count on our cap because he was under 35. How old is Turgeon?

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Im not sure about this, but when Palffy retired, I read the rest of his contract wouldnt count on our cap because he was under 35. How old is Turgeon?

969, I believe.

Dudeskey
05-11-2006, 11:02 PM
Is the leadpipe beatdown over?:alghh:

Jori
He's 36, so I believe it would count against the cap.

SoCalBronco
969, I believe.

And you guys were still expecting him to be productive? Damn....what a tough crowd. :)

Breck Bronc
I'm not a 100%, but I think Turgeon's salary would count against the cap even if he retires.That would sucking suck.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:05 PM
And you guys were still expecting him to be productive? Damn....what a tough crowd. :)

We're spoiled. :)

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 11:06 PM
He's 36, so I believe it would count against the cap.

Yep here is that article I read with the 35 or older rule.

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/thenewnhl/a/salary_cap_expl.htm

Understanding the NHL Salary Cap
From Jamie Fitzpatrick,
Your Guide to Pro Ice Hockey.
FREE Newsletter. Sign Up Now!
The NHL salary cap and the rest of the collective agreement in plain language.
Here's what you need to know about the NHL salary cap and collective bargaining agreement, a six-year deal signed in July, 2005. For comparison, changes to clauses that existed under the old deal are noted in italics.

Next Page: NHL Free Agents Explained

The Salary Cap

The salary cap is set at $39 million per team in 2005-06. There is also a floor, with each team required to spend at least $21.5 million on player salaries in 2005-06. The cap figure covers salaries and bonuses.

The salary cap is defined as the amount of real money a team pays out in a single season.

Clubs are not permitted to exceed the mamximum or drop below the minimum. But a team can exceed the cap to replace a player with a long-term injury (a minimum of 24 days and 10 games). When the injured player is reactivated, the team must get back under the cap.

The 2005-06 cap is based on projected NHL revenues of just under $1.8 billion for the season. In future years, the players are guaranteed 54 percent of "hockey-related" revenues, with the salary cap adjusted each year to meet that figure. The players' share increases if revenues rise. They get 55 percent when NHL revenues hit $2.2 billion, 56 percent at $2.4 billion, and 57 percent at $2.7 billion.

To ensure the correct revenue split, a percentage of player salaries could be placed in escrow. When total league revenues are determined at the end of the season, the escrow account will be divided among players and owners to ensure that the target has been met. Payrolls will be evaluated at several points during the season to determine whether the escrow account is needed.

Cheating on the Salary Cap

"Hockey-related" revenue is defined in the agreement, and team revenue reports are audited. A team found to be hiding revenue is fined $1 million plus the amount misreported for the first offense, and $5 million plus the double the amount misreported for further offenses.

Side deals are not allowed. Teams cannot circumvent the salary cap by paying players through other means - such as gifts, reimbursements on expenses, personal deals, money redirected through related corporate entities, seperate contracts for marketing and promotion, etc.

Individual Salary Restrictions

Performance bonuses can be earned by the following players only:
- players on entry-level contracts
- veteran players (400 or more games) signing one-year contracts. after returning from long-term injuries (100 or more days on injured reserve in their most recent year).
- players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

No player can earn more than 20 percent of the team salary cap. In 2005-06, that means a maximum individual salary of about $7.4-$7.8 million.

Contracts can be bought out for two-thirds of the remaining value for players over the age of 26, and one-third of the remaining value for players under 26. Players who are bought out cannot return to the old team for at least one year.

When a player aged 35 or older signs a multi-year contract, his average salary is counted against the team's salary cap during every year of the contract, even if the player retires before the contract is up.
The minimum player salary rises from to $450,000, and will continue to rise until reaching $525,000 in 2011-12.The previous minimum salary was $180,000.

"Entry-Level" Salary Restrictions

Players between the ages of 18 and 21 must sign "entry-level" contracts for their first three NHL seasons. Those aged 22-23 are entry-level players for two years, those aged 24 for a single year.

An entry-level player can earn a maximum of $850,000 per year. The limit rises throughout the agreement, to $925,000 in 2011. Maximum entry-level salary in 2004 was $1.295 million.

Signing bonuses are capped at 10 percent of the player's salary. Under the old deal, signing bonuses for entry-level players were capped at 50 percent of base salary.

Performance bonuses can be earned at two levels. The first level covers individual benchmarks such as goals scored, goaltender wins, and so on. The maximum a player can earn at this level is believed to be around $850,000 per year. The second level is for much rarer achievements, like winning a major NHL award or ranking among the NHL's top players in a statistical catregory. The maximum a player can earn at this level is estimated at $2 million per year. Performance bonuses under the old agreement were subject to few limits.

With some exceptions, performance bonuses are paid by the league and do not count against a team's salary cap. But they do count in calculating the league-wide share of player revenue.
One-Time Only Provisions in the Summer of 2005

All player contracts preceding the new agreement were rolled back by 24 percent.

From July 23-29, 2005, a contract buyout did not count against next season's salary cap. All buyouts in future years count against the cap.

minibronco
05-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Here come my ducks!

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:08 PM
And that whole sounding the goal horn for the opposing team is just the most God awful thing in the world. Whoever started that trend should be shot.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Here come my ducks!

Yeah, and where have you been all season or this playoff season? Bandwagoner.

SoCalBronco
05-11-2006, 11:12 PM
Yeah, and where have you been all season or this playoff season? Bandwagoner.

That's why I really, really do not want the Ducks to win it. I just know im going to see everyone come out from the woodwork here, as usual.

Instead of Laker flags all over the freeway on every car, its going to be Duck flags. Lo and behold, everyone is suddenly a die hard hockey fan.

Jori
05-11-2006, 11:13 PM
And that whole sounding the goal horn for the opposing team is just the most God awful thing in the world. Whoever started that trend should be shot.
Apparently it's an added sound effect by OLN...let's bring the glowing puck back while we are at it :rofl:

Breck Bronc
05-11-2006, 11:14 PM
Here come my ducks!Pathetic.

Pezman
05-11-2006, 11:15 PM
That's why I really, really do not want the Ducks to win it. I just know im going to see everyone come out from the woodwork here, as usual.

Instead of Laker flags all over the freeway on every car, its going to be Duck flags. Lo and behold, everyone is suddenly a die hard hockey fan.

Wow, I hate this area more than ever now. Mini, sure is a convienent time for you to make your first appearance in either of our two hockey threads. Weak brother... just weak.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:18 PM

I feel for ya, bud.

Pezman
05-11-2006, 11:18 PM
Hmm, methinks it might be time to hang Mini with this avatar ;D

http://www.tcnj.edu/~perfett2/index_files/image016.gif

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Apparently it's an added sound effect by OLN...let's bring the glowing puck back while we are at it :rofl:

Is it? How'd you find that out? So the horn isn't being sounded at the arena when the oppo scores? How many more questions can I squeeze into this post? ;)

Breck Bronc
05-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Is it? How'd you find that out? So the horn isn't being sounded at the arena when the oppo scores? How many more questions can I squeeze into this post? ;)Yeah, OLN has been doing it since the playoffs started. Just a terrible idea.

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 11:21 PM
How can you say it was an abberation? They played damn good hockey and owned the Stars. We were the better team. In this series, we weren't. I don't consider them getting out of the first round by finishing off the #2 seed an abberation at all. They earned it.

The Avs are a better playoff team than the Stars, no doubt, but I think that says a lot about how bad a playoff team the Stars are and not much about how good a playoff team the Avs are. The Avs and Stars have some of the same problems (their core players are too old, not enough speed and energy), so it was a good matchup for the Avs. I just think that if the Avs wound up playing any of the other WCF teams, other than Nashville perhaps, they don't make it out of the first round, so I don't think it's unjustified to call it an abberation. Maybe this series has left a bad taste in my mouth... I've never seen the Avs get so badly dominated in a playoff series. They were out of it from game 1. Changes have to be made.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:27 PM
Yeah, OLN has been doing it since the playoffs started. Just a terrible idea.

Ahhh. I kept seeing it happen on other games and was irritated with it. Then when it happened with my own team, I was pissed.

That is just a super gay idea.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:33 PM
The Avs are a better playoff team than the Stars, no doubt, but I think that says a lot about how bad a playoff team the Stars are and not much about how good a playoff team the Avs are. The Avs and Stars have some of the same problems (their core players are too old, not enough speed and energy), so it was a good matchup for the Avs. I just think that if the Avs wound up playing any of the other WCF teams, other than Nashville perhaps, they don't make it out of the first round, so I don't think it's unjustified to call it an abberation. Maybe this series has left a bad taste in my mouth... I've never seen the Avs get so badly dominated in a playoff series. They were out of it from game 1. Changes have to be made.

Yeah, they are a better playoff team than the Stars, but they also looked way better against the Stars than they did against the Ducks. More energy, more scoring. They match up better against the Stars. Age against age, I guess. :) Those young whippersnapper Ducks were just too much for our experienced vets.

I was ready to call the Ducks getting out of Calgary an aberration, but that is CLEARLY not the point.

Aberration is just not the word I think of when I think of round 1 for the Avs. That just doesn't sit well with me, but each to his own.

Bronco X
05-11-2006, 11:47 PM
Aberration is just not the word I think of when I think of round 1 for the Avs. That just doesn't sit well with me, but each to his own.

Well, like I said, I just have a bad taste in my mouth over how this series went. Let's just say that the Avs were VERY VERY lucky to get a matchup with Dallas for round 1.

Clockwork Orange
05-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Well, the draft is in June (after my vacation, which I need now more than ever), the Avs currently hold the 18th pick. I really liked what they did at the draft last year, so I'm encouraged. Hopefully this years draft is heavy on defense, the farm system could use an infusion of youth on the blue line.

Free agency begins on July 1st. Hopefully plans are being made for that date as we speak.

Mtbrncofn
05-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Q deserves a lot of the blame too. There's enough to go around. Why in God's green earth Breezeblow was out there tonight after last night pissed me off, but I can handle it. But GOOD LORD MAN, he kept putting him out time and time again after he made bad play after bad play!

Breeze must have some nasty pics of Q or something. That's the only reason I can think of for continuing to let the waste of space play.

Clockwork Orange
05-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Q deserves a lot of the blame too. There's enough to go around. Why in God's green earth Breezeblow was out there tonight after last night pissed me off, but I can handle it. But GOOD LORD MAN, he kept putting him out time and time again after he made bad play after bad play!

Breeze must have some nasty pics of Q or something. That's the only reason I can think of for continuing to let the waste of space play.

Breezeby is one of Lacroix's "boys." Perhaps there was a directive from upstairs that Breezeby was not to be scolded or benched no matter how brutal he was on the ice.

Hell, Mike Evans from 950 The Fan acted appalled that some of us had the nerve to call him out after game 3. I mean, he said he was sorry! What else do you want from the poor guy who's making $2.25 million and hasn't been held accountable by anyone for any of his mistakes since he got here?

Mtbrncofn
05-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Ok, so the pics are of Q and Pierre. :)

Fans should be appalled that damn radio station was appalled. I just had to explain to my son the other day that sorry just doesn't always cut it.

That goes for you too, Patty Breezeblow. However, if you give your upcoming salary back next year ( cuz unfortunately we seem to be stuck with your dumb ass ), we'll consider accepting the apology.

And for the record, Melrose should be hunted down and shorn. Jackass.

Mtbrncofn
05-12-2006, 12:11 AM
Huh, didn't really see this one coming:

Report: Maurice to be Leafs head coach

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165629&hubname=nhl

Maurice boasts an NHL career coaching record of 239-258-91 in nine seasons with the Hartford Whalers and Carolina Hurricanes.

Don't know that I'd exactly want to be boasting about that record.

Clockwork Orange
05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
Huh, didn't really see this one coming:

Report: Maurice to be Leafs head coach

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165629&hubname=nhl

Don't know that I'd exactly want to be boasting about that record.

He took the Canes to the Finals in '02 (which is farther than the Leafs have gone in 39 years). He's a good coach and he's reportedly done a fine job with the Leafs farm team.

broncocalijohn
05-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Wow, I hate this area more than ever now. Mini, sure is a convienent time for you to make your first appearance in either of our two hockey threads. Weak brother... just weak.

I am glad to be the real sole rep of the Ducks. Thanks Pez for the congrats. I think you will see more flags than CB24 and others in LA as you are alot closer to the Pond of Anaheim. Bring on the bandwagoners like Mini. I wont make every game so that means i can sell my tixs for alot more $. My tickets are only $9.50 each for the regular season, $16.50 for Western Conference Finals and $19 for Stanley Cup Finals! What other sport gives you Championship tickets for under $20? Plus, I snuck into 2 Stanley Cup Finals games in 2003 so maybe i wont need a ticket anyways. Well, proud of my Ducks and amazed on their rookie and sophomore players. I hope most AVS fans root for the Ducks. Just like wanting the Steelers to beat the Seahawks because I want to lose to the best. Hope there is good hockey talk here even if the Avs are gone. I think many here have good insight and I enjoy your opinions. Im extending my celebration from 24 hours to the start of next series. Go Oilers #8 seed.

Mtbrncofn
05-12-2006, 12:20 AM
He took the Canes to the Finals in '02 (which is farther than the Leafs have gone in 39 years). He's a good coach and he's reportedly done a fine job with the Leafs farm team.

Yes, I remember that. I just expected a higher profile name to land there.

SoCalBronco
05-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Ok, so the pics are of Q and Pierre. :)

Eww.....what kind of operation are you guys running there, anyway? :)

Northman
05-12-2006, 03:31 AM
Damn man, the Avs just got steamrolled in this series. sucks

Mogulseeker
05-12-2006, 06:16 AM
The Avs need too look at me. I'm young and fast. With Q as a coach, I could be an all-star.

defenseman
05-12-2006, 07:35 AM
Blakey will be gone also...he's from the toronto area, I'm guessing he'll be suiting up with the leafs. The AVS DO NOT have the cap room to given they (I should say , Pierre) have screwed up with Boosbois, and Turgeon.....they will be going nowhere for the next couple of years...dman

Smiling Assassin27
05-12-2006, 08:17 AM
*shaking head in resignation* reality bites.

congrats to the quackers--they're lined up to be a power for a few years. condolences to the cadaver-lanche. the window is officially closed in denver. i'm anxious to see if lucky pierre has worn out his rabbit's foot or not.

Jori
05-12-2006, 08:29 AM
The Avs cap situation is better then it was last year. They can afford to keep Blake, but if he gets an outrageous offer from somebody else, he'll be gone. Toronto isn't in any position to add salary. They are in a worse position then the Avs are. Belfour is gone and what will they do...probably bring back Cujo. There is a reason why they haven't won a Cup since 67.

The Avs have to make changes and it may take more then one offseason for this team to be a strong contender again. It isn't Detroit, Dallas and Colorado any more. You have to build your team like Anaheim, San Jose and Buffalo. Youth, skill, toughness and speed.

Bronco X
05-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Blakey will be gone also...he's from the toronto area, I'm guessing he'll be suiting up with the leafs. The AVS DO NOT have the cap room to given they (I should say , Pierre) have screwed up with Boosbois, and Turgeon.....they will be going nowhere for the next couple of years...dman

Everyone was saying the Avs were done before this season. Yet, drubbing to Anaheim aside, they still managed to land in the final 8, further than Detroit, Dallas, Philly and, ahem... Toronto. It all depends on what Lacroix does to improve the team, but to say they are in a more difficult position next season then they were before this season started is not an educated opinion.

bronco militia
05-12-2006, 09:29 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/drew0512toon.gif

Bronx33
05-12-2006, 09:50 AM
*shaking head in resignation* reality bites.

congrats to the quackers--they're lined up to be a power for a few years. condolences to the cadaver-lanche. the window is officially closed in denver. i'm anxious to see if lucky pierre has worn out his rabbit's foot or not.

As the ducks once said in 2003. QUACK! ;D

phillybroncosnut
05-12-2006, 10:12 AM

Sucks doesn't it? I remember 2 years ago saying the same exact thing about Lightning fans but you never understood. 2 years later, you finally get it....

Congrats my brother!

BIM
05-12-2006, 10:13 AM
Oh well. Who is that chic on your avitar, Bronx?

phillybroncosnut
The Avs need too look at me. I'm young and fast. With Q as a coach, I could be an all-star.

Sad thing is..... knowing this j*rkoff, he isn't joking.

Jori
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/drew0512toon.gif
Ah...Litton is the best!

phillybroncosnut
05-12-2006, 10:16 AM
So..... since it seems that the majority of the hockey fans here have had their team knocked out early, who is everyone cheering for to win the cup? I still can't decide. I'll pick a team by the start of next round. I gotta go with a true hockey town though. I'm getting tired of the bandwagon jumpers in towns that never supported hockey before their team was good. That definately leaves the Ducks and Hurricanes off my cheering list.

BIM
05-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Quebec!!

bronco militia
05-12-2006, 10:22 AM
sabres

defenseman
05-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Sabres or Canes...either works for me....anybody but the Ducks or Sharks..dman

Bronx33
05-12-2006, 10:27 AM
sabres

If miller holds strong but i think the canes will be there for the east, ducks go down to who ever wins between the oil and sharks i just don't see the ducks goal tender going the distance. (rolo or toskala) >

ludo21
05-12-2006, 10:31 AM
Ive always like Ducks, and Shark as fall back teams. So i guess i dont mind them doing well, but i could care less now that Avs are out.

bronco militia
05-12-2006, 10:34 AM
If miller holds strong but i think the canes will be there for the east, ducks go down to who ever wins between the oil and sharks i just don't see the ducks goal tender going the distance. (rolo or toskala) >

I could see that...for me, it's hard to gauge the Ducks because the Avs and Flames were hard to figure out all year long.

and I wonder if a long layoff between series will kill the Ducks mojo...

Jori
05-12-2006, 10:35 AM
I'd love to see Buffalo win...talk about a city that could really use a championship. I'm a huge Chris Drury fan since his days at BU, so I'd love to see him lift the Cup again.

If not Buffalo, then San Jose because of Matt Carle.

defenseman
05-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Noway San Jose, Drury and the Sabres would be fine with me...dman

Bronx33
05-12-2006, 11:32 AM
I could see that...for me, it's hard to gauge the Ducks because the Avs and Flames were hard to figure out all year long.

and I wonder if a long layoff between series will kill the Ducks mojo...

We shall see...

Mogulseeker
05-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Sad thing is..... knowing this j*rkoff, he isn't joking.

Kinda like you weren't joking about hurting Campbell.

Kill yourself, fat boy. No one wants you here, you worthless ****. I feel sorry for your kids.

I was joking. Regardless, I'm skating with a minor team right now.

Clockwork Orange
05-12-2006, 12:44 PM
Go Canes.

Pendejo
05-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Kinda like you weren't joking about hurting Campbell.

Kill yourself, fat boy. No one wants you here, you worthless ****. I feel sorry for your kids.

I was joking. Regardless, I'm skating with a minor team right now.

Yeah. Weren't you planning on playing for DU before making the jump to the NHL?

chadta
05-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Sucks doesn't it? I remember 2 years ago saying the same exact thing about Lightning fans but you never understood. 2 years later, you finally get it....

Congrats my brother!

ya know, i go up to ottawa almost every year for winterlude, you might see 1 maybe 2 flags on cars, ok no big deal, what was it 4 years ago when the flyers beat out the leafs and then played ottawa ? anyhow i went up to ottawa for game 1, low and behold every friggin car within 100 miles of ottawa had a flag on it, 3 short months earlier you wouldnt have even known they had a hockey team, i swear its even worse then toronto, and everybody knows how quickly the people in toronto jump on and off the bandwagon. Im noticing the same thing but not quite as bad with buffalo, i belong to a buffalo sport bike website, and ive started many threads about hockey and nobody ever replied, all of a sudden now everybody has go sabres in there sigs, they are making ride plans around hockey games an stuff, its sickening.

So thats why i say f$%@ ottawa, F@#$ buffalo, go carolina, brindamour, recchi, and williams all ex flyers so they are ok in my books.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Yeah. Weren't you planning on playing for DU before making the jump to the NHL?

Thats funny. Yeah, I had dreams of one day soon playing for DU. I hope it happens.

Clockwork Orange
05-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Pierre Lacroix just announced that he's stepping down as the Avs GM, but he's staying on as team President. Wow, did not see that one coming.

alkemical
05-12-2006, 03:26 PM
you can hire craig patrick

Jori
05-12-2006, 03:35 PM
Craig Patrick did play for the University of Denver, but my guess is that they'll go internal. I think Michel Goulet will be the replacement.

This certainly is a shock. Now the offseason will really be interesting.

alkemical
05-12-2006, 03:38 PM
i was sarcastic.

Smiling Assassin27
05-12-2006, 03:48 PM
So..... since it seems that the majority of the hockey fans here have had their team knocked out early, who is everyone cheering for to win the cup? I still can't decide. I'll pick a team by the start of next round. I gotta go with a true hockey town though. I'm getting tired of the bandwagon jumpers in towns that never supported hockey before their team was good. That definately leaves the Ducks and Hurricanes off my cheering list.

one word for ya...

QUACK!

Jori
05-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Just to add, Lacroix will still have final say on all trades and free agent signings. Basically, Pierre is just giving up day-to-day GM activities.

Clockwork Orange
05-12-2006, 04:10 PM
He also said that re-signing Sakic & Blake are the Avs top priority this offseason.

Mtbrncofn
05-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Pierre Lacroix just announced that he's stepping down as the Avs GM, but he's staying on as team President. Wow, did not see that one coming.

Holy ****. Not sure if I like this whole development. He may have reached a bit this year, but he's done well in the past.

Pezman
05-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Losing Lacroix is a bit of a shock but I get the feeling he will still groom someone into that slot and still be quite an influence on our future trades. We will have to see who they pick up for that spot. Certainly, whoever it is, they will have alot of big needs to address with this team.

Onto game 4 of that Edmonton-San Jose series. Does anyone think that suddenly Edmonton could very easily have San Jose on their heels? This series looks to be one hell of a battle.

WABronco
05-12-2006, 11:36 PM
Ryan Smyth is the biggest badass I've ever seen...

SoCalBronco
05-12-2006, 11:44 PM
you can hire craig patrick

These are good people here......I wouldn't wish that upon them.

Mtbrncofn
05-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Way to go, Oil! I hope they can pull this out.

I was hoping the Devs would get swept today so misery could have some company. Darnit.

chadta
05-13-2006, 08:14 PM
here al i fixed your sig for you

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8312/alfiecup079vy.gif (http://imageshack.us)

you guys sure showed the flyers how to take care of the sabres now didnt ya, at least the flyers won 2 games.

Mtbrncofn
05-13-2006, 08:34 PM
So what exactly is the Alfie guarantee, Sens fan?

WABronco
05-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Way to go, Oil! I hope they can pull this out.

San Jose is going down!:D

Jori
05-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Sens are eliminated tonight...I guess the Sens fans will blame Lalime Ha!

Alfredsson was a total disappointment in these playoffs. Unless he was injured...

Breck Bronc
05-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Unless Edmonton pulls off a miracle by winning the Cup as an 8 seed or New Jersey pulls off their own miracle to come back from an 0-3 deficit we'll have a first time Stanley Cup champion this year.

I'd like to see a Buffalo vs. San Jose final. It would be mocked by ESPN idiots as a bad matchup because the teams aren't based in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. Sabres vs. Sharks would really be a great series from a pure hockey standpoint with all of that speed and skill. I'm sure the ratings for NBC and OLN would be mocked by the mainstream sports media.

Hogan11
05-13-2006, 09:10 PM
here al i fixed your sig for you

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8312/alfiecup079vy.gif (http://imageshack.us)

you guys sure showed the flyers how to take care of the sabres now didnt ya, at least the flyers won 2 games.

Ha!

You know, I really don't care about the Sens at all but given the way he was a total lickbag all year long about it...well, karma's a biatch ain't it?

SoCalBronco
05-13-2006, 11:37 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8312/alfiecup079vy.gif

Alfredsson was about as effective in the playoffs as the other Alfie.

http://faitmaison.free.fr/amgl/images/alf.gif

broncocalijohn
05-14-2006, 01:26 AM
I wonder if you were saying that in 2003 with Jean Sebastian Giguere between the pipes? The ducks arent all about their defense. They are scoring at will too. Ducks sucked in overtime this regular season and they dont have to worry about shootouts. This team has what it takes to make it to the finals. And if our rook goes down, JSG doesnt seem like a bad fill in.

Al Wilson
05-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Atleast the Sens didn't get eliminated in the first round homo.

The series could've went either way. 3 overtime losses is different than getting blown out at home down 3 games to 2.

SoCal, talk to me when the Pens actually are an NHL worthy team.

chadta
05-14-2006, 11:28 AM

like i said at least the flyers won 2 games, dont matter if you lose by 1 or by 5 a loss is a loss.

I bet your reply to the leaf fans that are making fun of you yet again this year is "at least we made the playoffs" right ?

hey avs fans you could send tanguay to ottawa, they dont show up come playoff time either, he'll fit in perfect.

And yes al there is always next year, and at about this time next year youll be saying the same thing.

Oh al that parade your talking about starting, looks like once again this year your going to have to settle for the gay pride parade .

Al Wilson
05-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't have time for losers.

All I gotta say is remember you assholes said the Flyers would make it further than the Sens? Ya.. that's right, and stfu clowns. You didn't manage to win 1 series, so shut up.

chadta
05-14-2006, 06:40 PM

All I gotta say is remember you a-holes said the Flyers would make it further than the Sens? Ya.. that's right, and stfu clowns. You didn't manage to win 1 series, so shut up.

yes al i do remember that, i also remember each and every one of us manning up and coming in here after our team lost, no excuses, we got out played, beat by a better team, you got beat by that exact same team, and in less games then we did.

you sound like a leaf fan, "well our goalie was hurt", "well at least we made it a round farther then you", "well there is always next year", give it up dood, when are you gonna man up ? you been shooting your mouth off for the last 6 months about how good your team is, or was i should say because much like everybody here said you guys lost early AGAIN

WABronco
05-14-2006, 07:09 PM

All I gotta say is remember you a-holes said the Flyers would make it further than the Sens? Ya.. that's right, and stfu clowns. You didn't manage to win 1 series, so shut up.
Who cares about the Flyers? Ottawa was beat down...that's what matters here.

Pendejo
05-14-2006, 07:26 PM
I really thought the Sens would have a chance to make it to the conference finals this year. After all Toronto who owns them didn't make the playoffs. The Sabres were simply a better team. It's clear.

Year in, and Year out...Ottawa with all of that talent finds a way to underachieve.

There are two things you can count on in the Stanley Cup playoffs. 1) If Jagr is in...he's going to get hurt whether he's making it up, or it's legit. He'll be hurt. 2) For all of the ass they kick in the regular season...the Sens aren't up to the task when it comes to winning the Cup. I thought they'd at least sniff it this year...they kept their skill players, and added some gritty bastards like Varada. It didn't matter though.

I guess they're just losers.

Jori
05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Cam Ward out duels his idol Brodeur and the Canes move on. Sabres/ Canes will be an awesome ECF.

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Ha!

You know, I really don't care about the Sens at all but given the way he was a total lickbag all year long about it...well, karma's a biatch ain't it?

Ha! That's exactly the way I felt. I actually would have cheered for them, but he was such a dink from day 1....serves him right. ( I must say, lickbag is a great one! ) I tried to warn him. :)

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Anybody watching the Charks?

Pezman
05-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Heh, at last, some real spice on this thread Ha! Flyers fans are passionate, no doubt about it!

Mt, is it evil of me to still root for the Devils? (They were my favorite team before the Avs came to town)

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Good luck rooting for the Devs since they're in the same spot we are.....at the golf course! Ha!

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Anybody watching the Charks?

Yep, go OIL!! Gettin chippy too.

Pezman
05-14-2006, 09:52 PM
Good luck rooting for the Devs since they're in the same spot we are.....at the golf course! Ha!
I know, but it does make it hard for me to root against them. Except when the cup was on the line in '01. I've always rooted for them since they "were" Colorado's former team. Heck, any team that can take Detroit out like they did in '95 deserves props right ;)

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm not a Devils fan myself just because they made hockey so boring to watch for so long. I have all the respect for Marty Brodeur though. They really don't bother me one way or another.....unless we're up against them. ;)

I'd love to see the Oil get it, and if not them, then the Sabres.

Pezman
05-14-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not a Devils fan myself just because they made hockey so boring to watch for so long. I have all the respect for Marty Brodeur though. They really don't bother me one way or another.....unless we're up against them. ;)

I'd love to see the Oil get it, and if not them, then the Sabres.

Out of respect, I'll cheer for the team that snuffed us in Anaheim, but I would love to see Buffalo take the cup after all those years of heartbreak that club has had to endure under a cheap owner.

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Yep, go OIL!! Gettin chippy too.

Shorty......horcroff

Pezman
05-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Shorthanded! Wow! Ok, I'm starting to believe the Oilers are not a one series wonder. This team is unreal right now.

Edit, well that was quick... San Jose scores again! Ehrhoff gets the slapshot 3-2 Oilers

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:08 PM
Out of respect, I'll cheer for the team that snuffed us in Anaheim, but I would love to see Buffalo take the cup after all those years of heartbreak that club has had to endure under a cheap owner.

See, I have this rule where I will never root for a team that knocked my team out....ever. That's why I'm going with the Oil. I'd be fine with the Sabres or the Oil taking it, indifferent to the Canes, I guess.

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Brand new game..

Pezman
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM
See, I have this rule where I will never root for a team that knocked my team out....ever. That's why I'm going with the Oil. I'd be fine with the Sabres or the Oil taking it, indifferent to the Canes, I guess.
Good philosophy indeed. But I still have to give credit where credit is due. We were outhustled all series by a stronger team. But I understand where you are coming from completely. At this rate, with the way the Oilers are playing, they will be hard to root against for any fan *(outside of Calgary that is Ha!)

Good lord that was quick! 3-3 and a new game on Cheechoo's wrister

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:11 PM

Only time i rooted for the quacks was in 03 when they swept the wings.

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Boo Cheechoo! That putz.

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:14 PM
This is turning into a goal fest! Horcoff is the man right now.

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:15 PM
oddman oil score...

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Rolo is going to shut the door..

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Take that, Sharks!

SoCalBronco
05-14-2006, 10:35 PM
The Sharks are up **** creek without a paddle.

Poor Jeff (my college roommate and a huge Sharks homer, he thought he was finally going to win a Cup last season when Nabby was red hot and then Calgary took them out...and now they are in an uphill battle to win this series after going up 2-0....ironically he has been teaching in Pittsburgh of all places the last few years).

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Ahaahahaahaha! Sharks are having a meltdown.

Pezman
05-14-2006, 10:41 PM
The Sharks are up **** creek without a paddle.

Poor Jeff (my college roommate and a huge Sharks homer, he thought he was finally going to win a Cup last season when Nabby was red hot and then Calgary took them out...and now they are in an uphill battle to win this series after going up 2-0....ironically he has been teaching in Pittsburgh of all places the last few years).
I cant imagine he's a happy man right now bro. taking a 2-0 series lead and squandering it away like this has to be about as bad as it gets. Tonight was one hell of a shootout man. That third period was one hell of an offensive show!

Pezman
05-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Wow... Toskala at one point allowed 6 goals in 16 shots. Poor dude was just peppered all night, especially after those power plays. Talk about doing damage to the guys coconut for game 6. Yikes. Well, hell, Calijohn, you have to start worrying about that Edmonton team at this rate. They are as chippy as they come.

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 10:51 PM
That was great. I'm still pissed over the Sharks stomping us in the last playoffs, so they deserve it. :devil:

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 10:58 PM
Take that, Sharks!

Mctavish is outcoaching wilson.

Mtbrncofn
05-14-2006, 11:00 PM
So why do the Sharks fan boo every time Pronger touches the puck?

Bronco X
05-14-2006, 11:01 PM

The Sharks have had a few playoff series against St. Louis over the years... I'd guess it goes back to that.

Bronx33
05-14-2006, 11:10 PM

Well they got jealous of LA getting to boo blake so they just kinda started doing it to be cool.