PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Mogulseeker
05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I's gots practice tonight, so I's gonna miss it.

The Av's are 4-0 in playoff games that I've seen this year.... and 0-1 in ones that I missed due to hockey practice. Not good.

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
2-2

Mogulseeker
05-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Bronx, I just bought the CCM Vector shaft with a 7 lie.... and a Lecavilier curve, because the Jagr curve just wasnt cutting it for me.... do you know of anyplace where you can design your own curve? I think Lecaviliers curve will suit me well though.

And who is that girl in you Avitar?

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 05:38 PM
Bronx, I just bought the CCM Vector shaft with a 7 lie.... and a Lecavilier curve, because the Jagr curve just wasnt cutting it for me.... do you know of anyplace where you can design your own curve? I think Lecaviliers curve will suit me well though.

I got a 94-95 stanely cup coffee mug, as far as designing your own curve just buy a torch.

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Sens score..

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 06:20 PM
sabers score..

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 06:22 PM
sens score.. LOL

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 06:49 PM
sabers score..

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 07:19 PM
MT do you have you lucky jersey ready?

I'm bustin it out, Bronx. Do you have yours ready?

BMF Bronco:

anyone else as jacked as I am about tonight's game?!

Most of us have been about this jacked since hockey started back up last fall. :)

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 07:23 PM
A whole lot of defense being played in this Sens/Sabres game. Sheesh.

broncocalijohn
05-05-2006, 07:29 PM

Ask Marty McSorely. HE can get you the Hockey Finals Big Curve Special w/free Sin Bin autograph photo signed "i screwed the Kings for the Cup!" Love, Marty

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Ha! Bitter much?

EDIT: Oops, wrong fan.

ozomulsion
05-05-2006, 07:44 PM
6-5 :rofl:

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Unbelievable. It's 6-6. Three goals scored in the last 2 minutes of this game. Wow.

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Holy ****, this is an amazing game! I just hope these guys going into OT isn't going to delay our game. Grrrr.

Jori
05-05-2006, 08:08 PM
Drury wins it in OT for the Sabres!

Mr Clutch :notworthy

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 08:08 PM
:rofl:

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I'm bustin it out, Bronx. Do you have yours ready?

BMF Bronco:

Most of us have been about this jacked since hockey started back up last fall. :)

Hell yes!

SoCalBronco
05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
Ana 2 Col 0

SoCalBronco
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Brunette will not return due to his jaw injury per the announcers on FSN

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Ducks are playing some pretty airtight defense in this one. They look very sharp.

Brunette got caught with his head down and got flattened. You reach for the puck, you do so at your own risk.

Alex Tanguay has been awful so far in this game. Three quality scoring chances and he's shot the puck into Bryzgalov's chest three times.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Selanne roofs one right before the end of the period. 3-0 Anaheim.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Ducks add another on the PP with 5.1 seconds to go in the period. This is just crazy. 4-0.

Fight at the end of the period.

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Avs defense came completely unraveled in that period. Losing the battles along the wall, running around like chickens with their heads cut off in their own zone, getting caught watching the puck and not their man. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Credit to Anaheim, they look hungry out there and they're taking it to the Avs.

Jori
05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
The Avs look like s**t. I can understand that they came out a little flat in the first period considering the layoff, but they are playing with no heart. I'm so pissed off at Tanguay words cannot describe. The Ducks are skating circles around this team. They aren't going to come back and win this game, but show some damn heart in the third period at least!

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 10:13 PM
The Avs look like s**t. I can understand that they came out a little flat in the first period considering the layoff, but they are playing with no heart. I'm so pissed off at Tanguay words cannot describe. The Ducks are skating circles around this team. They aren't going to come back and win this game, but show some damn heart in the third period at least!

I know that he had the knee injury near the end of the season, but that's no excuse for how poorly Tanguay has played in the playoffs. Not just tonight, but the entire playoffs. He's been floating out there. No energy, no skating, no hustle. Tonight he looks like he'd rather be somewhere else.

Pathetic performance all-around by the Avs and a strong one for Anaheim. This is looking a lot like two years ago when the Avs breezed through Dallas in round one and then got their clocks cleaned in round two by San Jose.

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 10:25 PM
This blows. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come.

Thanks a lot, Melrose...you bastard.

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 10:28 PM
This is looking a lot like two years ago when the Avs breezed through Dallas in round one and then got their clocks cleaned in round two by San Jose.

I honestly still have nightmares about that damn series. I don't know if I could handle it happening again! :oyvey:

I think JSG needs to get his job back. ;D

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Either way, it's just game one. It was a laughably bad performance and the Ducks handed them their asses in every phase of the game, but it's still just game one. If they can come out and right the ship in game 2, they go home with a split, which is what you want as the road team.

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Either way, it's just game one. It was a laughably bad performance and the Ducks handed them their asses in every phase of the game, but it's still just game one. If they can come out and right the ship in game 2, they go home with a split, which is what you want as the road team.

Did you cut and paste that from a couple of years ago when I started to panic early on, against the Sharks? ;) I do recall having to keep coming back here for reassurance, and I would feel way better.

Carry on. :D

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Did you cut and paste that from a couple of years ago when I started to panic early on, against the Sharks? ;) I do recall having to keep coming back here for reassurance, and I would feel way better.

No, it's just how I feel about it. Had the Avs won this game 5-0 instead of losing 5-0, I'd feel the same way. Good or bad, it's just game one.

Jori
05-05-2006, 10:41 PM
Win game two and it lessens the sting of tonight's performance.

BroncoBuff
05-05-2006, 10:55 PM

The problem with that is .... I remember how that series ended.

And it was a LONG time before they played hockey again.

Mogulseeker
05-05-2006, 10:58 PM
It doesent matter. They werent going to win this game.

The Av's are 4-0 in playoff games that I've seen. And now 0-2 in games that I have missed due to hockey practice.

BroncoBuff
05-05-2006, 10:59 PM
Sorry, but this was really, really bad .... I don't care if the first one was a BS call - Theodore melted down in the 2nd period.

I say Budaj in goal for game 2.

It doesn't have to be a "benching" .... Jose didnt play for a pretty long while there, and Budaj was nails after the trade. Put Budaj in - just Game 2, and take it from there ...

Jori
05-05-2006, 11:02 PM
The entire team melted down in the second period, it wasn't just Theo. Putting in Budaj wont solve things unless the team plays better in front of the net. The Avs were out hustled, out muscled, and out chanced tonight. It was a poor performance top to bottom. If anybody gets benched it's that soft paper tissue Alex Tanguay. I'm really getting tired of his crap.

BroncoBuff
05-05-2006, 11:10 PM
When did the Ducks get Niedermeier?

Jori
05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
They signed him during the offseason. I believe it was to a five year deal. Brian Burke may be a POS, but he can build a team. He got rid of dead weight and has brought in some exciting talent. The Ducks are on the rise. Even though I thought they should have drafted Jack Johnson over Bobby Ryan, they have some great young players on the team and throughout their organization.

Al Wilson
05-06-2006, 08:59 AM
It hurts to be at the game and watch these idiot russian defensemen actually try to play defense.

Honestly, what the **** was that garbage. Meszaros, learn how to ****ing pass the puck. And Volchenkov, what a dumbass.

Redden can't even take one guy out of a 2 on 1 break.

Just pathetic. Ray Emery shouldn't be blamed...not his fault a bunch of idiots didn't allow him to make a save.

Sabres were lucky they had Meszaros on their team, cause they can't get a single shot on us.

I'm confident Sens will win the rest.

Pezman
05-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Anyone else notice that things were going well until Faderproof came in with his "good luck" Ha!

We got home pretty early last night, after making a sad exit about 5 minutes before the game ended but all in all it was a great atmosphere in the Pond last night. If only the Avs would have put up some better effort. CaliJohn, did you try to call last night? Let me know if you are set up for game 2 so we can grab some brews before the game!

Onto game 2... lets hope we can turn it around damn it

Mtbrncofn
05-06-2006, 10:19 AM

I get the feeling you are one of those 'only watch the playoffs' kinda guys?

Mtbrncofn
05-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Anyone else notice that things were going well until Faderproof came in with his "good luck" Ha!

Way to go, DF. You're as bad as Melrose. :P

Nice to see you around, bud.

Bronx33
05-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Gotta just forget that one and focus on game 2, any word on bruno?

Bronx33
05-06-2006, 12:03 PM

Where you been? the polar ice cap?

Bronx33
05-06-2006, 01:51 PM
Well both teams that had some time off are geting there arses handed to them..... devils being raped 4-0 by the canes and they are running marty over every rush.

Breck Bronc
05-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm surprised the Hurricanes are beating New Jersey so handily -- it's 4-0 now. Also, Peter McNabb called the game last night in Anaheim (which ended at 12:30 am EST) and flew all the way across the country to call the Carolina/New Jersey game (which started at 2:00 pm EST). What a warrior ;) .

I got pretty drunk after watching the abortion of last night. Our star players need to pick it up again. Milan Hejduk was not only directly responsible for the first two Anaheim goals with two terrible breakout passes, he also got Andrew Brunette knocked out with a suicide pass. Joe Sakic did not play very well, either. The turning point of the game for me, other than the Beauchemin hit on Brunette, was Sakic getting stoned by Bryzgalov on that early 2-on-1 rush.

Alex Tanguay does nothing but go offsides, take dumb penalties, turn the puck over and make stupid decisions all over the ice. At this rate I wouldn't mind seeing the Avs give him his outright release after game 4 when this series ends. Now that's an overreaction, but I'm so frustrated watching this immensely talented player's awful performance right now.

The worst thing last night was not losing 5-0, it was watching one of our most important players get knocked out and no one even going after Francois Beauchemin. Lappy fighting Moen does nothing; going after Beauchemin would have at least sent some sort of message. I just hope Bruno is Ok. If not we'll need Pierre Turgeon to step out of the doghouse and start producing. Or maybe we put Cody McCormick or Bob Boughner back into the lineup to add some physical play and go after Beauchemin.

Ilya Bryzgalov looks huge in nets and the Avs are going to have to start making him go side to side instead of letting him go down early into the butterfly. I'm confident they will figure him out; it's the little part of stopping the Ducks from scoring that I'm not sure we can accomplish.

A win tomorrow and Friday night is a distant memory.

Bronx33
05-06-2006, 02:19 PM
Just get the split.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2006, 03:29 PM
yup, this loss was a tough one to swallow. on the plus side, we just may see Kenny Holland lose his job.

Enjoy the ducks last coach as he bolted to detroit. Seems Ducks are doing pretty well without him.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2006, 03:35 PM
It doesent matter. They werent going to win this game.

The Av's are 4-0 in playoff games that I've seen. And now 0-2 in games that I have missed due to hockey practice.

CAN i send you out for some lunch in aspen MightySmurf? Why all the log faces around here? I am thrilled. Isnt everyone here Ducks fans? Oh well, I will have my party to myself. Ducks have the 10 minute rule of celebrating the win for 10 minutes after the game. I use the 24 hour rule as a fan. BTW: Pez was nowhere to be seen in 204 Row D. It would have been easy to find as there wasnt that many Avs fans as Pez would have you believed. Rest for Avs? Looked more like Rust. Sunday high noon.

Pezman
05-06-2006, 03:51 PM
CAN i send you out for some lunch in aspen MightySmurf? Why all the log faces around here? I am thrilled. Isnt everyone here Ducks fans? Oh well, I will have my party to myself. Ducks have the 10 minute rule of celebrating the win for 10 minutes after the game. I use the 24 hour rule as a fan. BTW: Pez was nowhere to be seen in 204 Row D. It would have been easy to find as there wasnt that many Avs fans as Pez would have you believed. Rest for Avs? Looked more like Rust. Sunday high noon.

ROFL! I waited with baited breath for your phone call last night after the Ducks took that 2-0 lead. I have to say, your fellow bandwagoner Orange county crowds sure know how to back a winner. I swear between them slipping on their Clippers gear and Ducks gear last night, I dont know how they kept up ;D

No worries, you know where to find me for game two CaliJohn. The first beer is on me if you dare be seen with an Avs fan ;D

Mogulseeker
05-06-2006, 04:06 PM

That would be nice as long as I can take a girl too.

HOWEVER, I have another practice tonight, and not again untill NEXT Friday. I'll be watching all the other games.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Hockey is dead here now that the Lightning are out.

Pezman
05-06-2006, 04:10 PM

Yeah, the crickets are out in Dallas and Detroit too :thumbs:

Mtbrncofn
05-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Well both teams that had some time off are geting there arses handed to them..... devils being raped 4-0 by the canes and they are running marty over every rush.

It made me feel a bit better to see the red hot Devs and Brodeur get completely shellacked like that. ;D

Mtbrncofn
05-06-2006, 04:46 PM
Ilya Bryzgalov looks huge in nets and the Avs are going to have to start making him go side to side instead of letting him go down early into the butterfly. I'm confident they will figure him out;

If Bryzgalov was jumping around naked in the hall last night after his win, I hope he fell and squashed his nuts. That would have to put a kink in this whole hot goalie streak he has going on. :)

Jori
05-06-2006, 04:53 PM
If Bryzgalov was jumping around naked in the hall last night after his win, I hope he fell and squashed his nuts. That would have to put a kink in this whole hot goalie streak he has going on. :)
Just tells you how quirky goaltenders can be.

Mtbrncofn
05-06-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that pretty much put him at the top of my quirky goalie list when I heard that part about him.

Pezman
05-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Speaking of quirky netminders, I would be very suprised to see JSG start over Bryzgalov tomorrow considering the kid has two consecutive shutouts running. Dont be suprised is we dont even see JSG for the rest of the series at this rate.

Jori
05-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Brunette is expected to play tomorrow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165076&hubname=

Pendejo
05-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Brunette is expected to play tomorrow.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=165076&hubname=

Outstanding.

Pendejo
05-06-2006, 06:25 PM
I was at the Madres game last night, and didn't see the game. Was the hit on Bruno legit? Quenville is claiming it was an elbow...Lapperiere said it was cheap. In the article that Jori posted...when asked if it was legal Brunette responded "Yeah. Except I didn't have the puck"...a bit ambiguous.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3791904

Anaheim, Calif. - Turn on any Southern California sports-talk radio station, pick up any Southern California newspaper on Friday, and it was wall-to-wall Kobe and the Los Angeles Lakers. At some point, maybe the people of SoCal might notice there is a pretty good hockey team amid the palm trees.

The Mighty Ducks of Anaheim dominated the Avalanche in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals Friday night, winning 5-0 at Arrowhead Pond.

Playing in front of an announced sold-out building that nevertheless had what seemed like hundreds of empty seats, the Ducks made the Avs look bad from start to finish in taking a 1-0 series lead, with Game 2 here Sunday.

Colorado lost first-line left winger Andrew Brunette to injury in the second period, when Anaheim's Francois Beauchemin elbowed him in the jaw. Brunette did not return. Anaheim's Samuel Pahlsson scored the first goal on the play, at 2:38.

Avs coach Joel Quenneville said he believes the NHL will look at Beauchemin's hit thoroughly for a possible suspension, and mocked referee Mick McGeough for stopping play later in the game when the referee was hit by a puck - but not when Brunette lay facedown on the ice after the hit.

"I wish he'd blown the whistle like he did when he got hit," Quenneville said. "It was a dangerous play. The puck was in the air. (Brunette) didn't have the puck."

Quenneville said he thinks Brunette "will be fine" for Game 2.

Avs winger Ian Laperriere called Beauchemin's hit a "cheap shot."

"Personally, I thought it was a cheap shot. The puck was behind (Brunette). But it's the playoffs, and those things happen," Laperriere said.

Pendejo
05-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Check out this video of a very young Sean Avery "playing hockey". He skates about as well today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJx3LJfloGg

MrPeepers
05-07-2006, 01:32 PM
anyone watching game 2?

Bronco X
05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Lappy, Kono and Blake need to step up the physical play. The Avs look too soft right now. Hopefully they can turn it around in the 2nd.

MrPeepers
05-07-2006, 02:43 PM
THIS GAME IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE FIRST, sorry for caps

Bronco X
05-07-2006, 02:52 PM
This is pathetic. How bad must the Dallas Stars be to lose to this team in 5 games?

Jori
05-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Barring a miracle, the Avs come back to Denver down 0-2. San Jose 2004 Part II? Seems that way. Credit the Anaheim scouts and coaching staff for their stiffling defensive system. The Avalanche have no answer and unfortunately, don't have the personnel to make the proper adjustments imo. We knew there would be a time when they would miss Forsberg's playoff presence, this is it. The defense needs some work in the offseason, but it would be nice if they could add some size (who is willing to use it) with skill to the top lines. The Avs could also use a speed injection on the blueline.

Bronco_Beerslug
05-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Looks pretty bleak for the AVs.

SoCalBronco
05-07-2006, 03:16 PM
You guys need to start playing alot better pronto.....its not over yet though. I know how it feels to be up 2-0 and lose a series (not even getting to game 7, four straight losses to the Flyers). Theodore has actually played really well making several key saves. Colorado just isnt getting through this Anaheim defense.

SoCalBronco
05-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Wow. Bryzgalov is owning. Huge save on Tanguay.

MrPeepers
05-07-2006, 03:45 PM
real disappointing trip to san jose, there just too fast, and the D has been killer, not too mention Bryz is on crack.

Lets hope home ice will make a difference, and prevent anymore shutouts.

MrPeepers
05-07-2006, 03:46 PM
game over.

Clockwork Orange
05-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Full marks to the Ducks, their defensive system has been dominant through the first two games in this series. Let's see what kind of adjustments the Avs canmake now that the scene shifts to Denver for game 3.

Pendejo
05-07-2006, 03:59 PM
Full marks to the Ducks, their defensive system has been dominant through the first two games in this series. Let's see what kind of adjustments the Avs canmake now that the scene shifts to Denver for game 3.

There's not really anymore to say than that. The Ducks simply look like a far superior team right now.

We'll see how the next two play out.

Jori
05-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Hopefully having the last change will make a difference.

Breck Bronc
05-07-2006, 04:11 PM
Eventually the puck is going to take a good bounce and maybe getting one past Bryzgalov will change the series.

Our powerplay has been as bad as any team I've ever seen. No puck possesion whatsoever. The Anaheim PP is the exact opposite.

The most encouraging thing is Jose Theodore. I thought he was great today. I couldn't believe how many guys were in front of him on the second Ducks goal; 4 Avs and 1 Duck were in a straight line in front of him.

Maybe Rob Blake's huge hit at the end there will give the team life. Inserting Cody McCormick, Bob Boughner or even Brad May might be an option to get more physical and give the team some energy. Brett McLean and Alex Tanguay should be the one's to watch game 3 from the pressbox.

This series isn't over, but it's definitely close. The Avs have come back from worse, like in 1999 vs. Detroit, but Forsberg, Drury and Roy are not on this team.

Clockwork Orange
05-07-2006, 04:17 PM
It's also encouraging that the 3rd period of this game was the Avs best of the series thus far. Tanguay flubbed a bouncing puck (I give him credit just for getting that knuckler on net) that got gloved. If the puck sits flat, he fires that one in. They hit the crossbar on a shift shortly thereafter. They've shown that they're not gonna mail it in despite the fact that they're down and have been completely outplayed. This team hasn't quit all year, they won't start now.

As Jori mentioned, let's see how having the last change will effect things in game 3. The Ducks won't be able to get the matchup they want after every stoppage, so let's see how well the Avs adjust. Again, the Ducks deserve a lot of credit, they've played two outstanding games thus far. They're on a roll right now.

Jori
05-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Getting the first goal on Tuesday night is key. Listening to Quenneville's press conference, he mentioned about turning the momentum. Nothing would be better then getting the first goal in front of a rowdy crowd and building it up from there.

Pezman
05-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Sigh, well that was horrific. And I so wanted to talk smack to these SoCal bandwagoners at the game. Geez, that kid was a brick wall out there in goal wasnt he? I dont know how it came off on the tube, but you could see the Avs were just totally out of sync from the getgo yet again tonight.
I agree Clocky, at least when we started playing scrappy in that third period, we finally managed to get some good quality shots together. Up until about that last two minutes of the first period though.. we had 3 miserable shots. Yuck.

Calijohn, where were you? I kept waiting for your call again ya bastage!
On a sidenote, at least the Ducks managed to sell out this game and pack the house unlike game one where there were still empty seats to be found all over the upper bowl.

SoCalBronco
05-07-2006, 08:33 PM
San Jose holds off Edmonton, 2-1.

Jori
05-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Sharks fans have good things to look forward to...that team is scary good and is only going to get better.

broncocalijohn
05-07-2006, 11:42 PM

I didnt think hockey was THAT BIG to start in Florida. Unless u count all those 70 plus old farts from the cold New England States retired down to the panhandle.

broncocalijohn
05-08-2006, 01:06 AM
Calijohn, where were you? I kept waiting for your call again ya bastage!
On a sidenote, at least the Ducks managed to sell out this game and pack the house unlike game one where there were still empty seats to be found all over the upper bowl.

Sorry Pez but I was getting in line for my new basketball team, the LA Clippers since the Lakers are out and my former fav team, the Bulls, just dont have that star power anymore. Plus I was selling my Angels tickets since they are in 3rd place and buying Padres tixs since they are on a 8 game winning streak. Thank God I bought these playoff tickets when I left the Kings as a fan when they were eliminated. Actually, i gave my season seats to the other guy who is 1/3 of my tickets. I have the next two if needed.
While you are bitchen about fairweather fans, MY DUCKS ARE UP 2 GAMES TO ZILCH. Zilch as in how many goals has the Avs have in this series. My 24 hours of celebration started around 3pm. I think the difference in game one and game 2 for theodore is that he took out the springs in his pads.

breck:"I got pretty drunk after watching the abortion of last night." You must be in a stooper then tonight. I believe Avs will take at least one in denver. Last count One ducks fan, CB24 rooting for one series , sheeeat load of AVS fans and one choking Red Wings honk not showing us his teams shutout wins this year anymore. Enjoy Monday! It is midnight.

defenseman
05-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Got to score a goal, hopefully first goal of game 3. Very important. In addition, much more nastier play is required. I'd sit Lapierre and bring in Brad May to smack them around. Especially Selanne and Neidermeyer if you can get a whack on him. Oh yeah, Friesen needs to chill, he earned every bit of that getting laid out hit by blake. Watch his game and you'll see why he earned it.....Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Avs tear it up and even up the series in Denver...dman

*I'm still waiting for an Av to level the young Duck defenseman (legally of course) who cheap shotted Brunsie...

bronco militia
05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
*I'm still waiting for an Av to level the young Duck defenseman (legally of course) who cheap shotted Brunsie...

I'll have to disagree on that one...if that was a cheap shot , then the Steve Moore's hit on Naslund and Clarks hit on Madonno were cheap shots as well.

screw the rough stuff...the Avs suck at it anyways. Just get more shots on goal and try to do a better job with puck possession. They have yet to challenge the rookie goalie.

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 09:20 AM

Seriously? That is about ultra lame.

bronco militia
05-08-2006, 09:35 AM
Seriously? That is about ultra lame.

'Duck' fans booing Rob Blake is the clincher

Jori
05-08-2006, 11:21 AM
It's not Ducks fans booking Blake, it's Kings fans with nothing better to do :D

bronco militia
05-08-2006, 11:33 AM
It's not Ducks fans booking Blake, it's Kings fans with nothing better to do :D

there's no such thing as a "Duck fan"

king/duck/laker/clipper/angel/dodger/raider/ram fan

;D

broncocalijohn
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM

;D

No fans whatsoever. Are you retarded militia? We have over 2.3 million at Angels stadium, 3 million at Dodger stadium, clippers and lakers sell out every game (since clips moved to Staples center) and rams and raiders havent been here in 10 years yahoo. Why didnt game 1 sell out? Tickets were starting at over $45. As a season ticket holder, my seats were only $12 for the exact same seats. Yes, more will be looking for upcoming games. I cant defend the Ducks bandwagon this year.

bronco militia
05-08-2006, 11:57 AM
No fans whatsoever. Are you retarded militia? We have over 2.3 million at Angels stadium, 3 million at Dodger stadium, clippers and lakers sell out every game (since clips moved to Staples center) and rams and raiders havent been here in 10 years yahoo. Why didnt game 1 sell out? Tickets were starting at over $45. As a season ticket holder, my seats were only $12 for the exact same seats. Yes, more will be looking for upcoming games. I cant defend the Ducks bandwagon this year.

lol.....you're pretty much fighting a nation wide perception of the SoCal sports market.

I grew up in soCal...I know how it works down there.

broncocalijohn
05-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Dodgers sell out almost every game regardless of how the teams doing. Yes, we like to support winners like every town. 10 years ago, Saints at Denver ---SELL OUT----- BUT 10,000 no shows. It even happens in Denver. Check out the Rockies games. As they keep winning, watch how the stadium fills up.

alkemical
05-08-2006, 12:25 PM

;D

haha!

hatermyth!

DivineLegion
05-08-2006, 01:27 PM
GO CANES...

Im worried Brodure will come back in this series with a vengance after saturday but im pretty sure Cam Ward has enough confidence in himself that we can hold them to two goals and put three good shots past that Pig Brodure.

alkemical
05-08-2006, 01:30 PM
marty is awesome - don't hate.

SoCalBronco
05-08-2006, 06:47 PM

Your right there are no bandwagoners in LA. People just like putting flags on their cars en masse for awhile and then take them down all at once, never to be seen again....its all just a coincidence. Where are all the flags? I used to see them on almost half the cars on the freeway coming home and now I dont see anything. This city is full of the most pathetic, worthless bandwagon fans you could find. Nobody gave a **** about hockey until the Kings got to the 93 finals against Montreal and then you saw Ronald Reagan at games among other celebrities. I dont recall the Coliseum being full to the brim when Mike Van Raaphorst was the QB, or even Brad Otton and Kyle Wachholtz. There is very little "hardcore" sports fans here. Just garbage bandwagoners. I see the likes of these people literally all the time. I see it in social gatherings, I see at work, literally everywhere. I find it amusing for the Governor calling for 2 teams for LA, the fans of this city are simply undeserving of even a single football team. They simply dont deserve to have the enjoyment and benefit of even one team.

Jori
05-08-2006, 07:39 PM
What a performance by Ryan Miller tonight; 43 saves in a 2-1 win for Buffalo.

SoCalBronco
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
NJ stuns the Carolina faithful with the winning goal with 20 seconds left in the game. Parise's shot goes off Gomez and the post for the GW goal.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Dullvilles get a flukey goal to take the lead with 20.7 to go.

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Sens fan, join the 0-2 crowd. Sucks, eh?

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 08:06 PM
HOLY ****! It ain't over yet!

SoCalBronco
Holy ****, I spoke too soon. Carolina ties it with 3 seconds to go.

Clockwork Orange
Canes score with 3 seconds left!!

Unbelievable. 2 goals in less than 18 seconds.

Nothing like playoff hockey.

Jori
05-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Playoff hockey :notworthy

24champ
05-08-2006, 08:12 PM
wow!!!!!!

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Justin Williams gets a penalty for getting pushed into Brodeur? :kiddingme

SoCalBronco
05-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Wow. Devils odd man rush on one end, breakaway stopped by Brodeur on the other end.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Wallin scores! Canes win!

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the 0-2 club, Devils.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Goal under review.

Mtbrncofn
Under review.

SoCalBronco
Doesnt look like a kicking motion to me. Damn.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
No distinct kicking motion, that's gotta count.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 08:29 PM
It's a goal! Canes win!

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 08:31 PM
Once again...for real this time, welcome to the 0-2 club, Devs. ;D

Breck Bronc
05-08-2006, 09:42 PM
The endings of game 1 between Ottawa and Buffalo and game 2 between Carolina and New Jersey have been the craziest I've ever seen in the playoffs.

These overtime games are ending so quickly. I guess it doesn't matter when the goal is scored in OT, but I'd still like to see at least one 3+ OT game this season.

broncocalijohn
05-08-2006, 11:02 PM
The endings of game 1 between Ottawa and Buffalo and game 2 between Carolina and New Jersey have been the craziest I've ever seen in the playoffs.

These overtime games are ending so quickly. I guess it doesn't matter when the goal is scored in OT, but I'd still like to see at least one 3+ OT game this season.
4th game of Avs vs ducks. I feel it. big time OT

Mtbrncofn
05-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Geez, no splits at all. Can't say I like being part of that club.

Clockwork Orange
05-08-2006, 11:32 PM

The amount of obstruction, clutching, grabbing, hooking & holding that used to be allowed in playoff OT was ungodly. The rule seemed to be, "If it doesn't require an autopsy, it's not a penalty." Now the refs have been told that if they swallow their whistles, they'll be watching the playoffs from home, so the players are being held to the same standard in OT as they are in regulation.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 01:34 PM
Go Avs!!

alkemical
05-09-2006, 01:39 PM
Go Flyers!

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 02:08 PM
Go Flyers!

They already went....;D

alkemical
05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
i know...

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 02:24 PM
Just so everybody knows (duck fans are a**holes)

alkemical
05-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Nothing is better than Pens fans.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 02:46 PM

The quack fans are making a serious run as we speak their rookie tender is taking them to the promise land.

alkemical
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
I didn't think they'd have beaten cal.

Kid A
05-09-2006, 03:29 PM
New motto for the Avs tonight:

One Team, One Goal...Hopefully

defenseman
05-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Go AVS!!!!! Get one and it's off to the races. Like to see Turgeon in there on the power play tonite....dman

12th man
05-09-2006, 03:47 PM
New motto for the Avs tonight:

One Team, One Goal...Hopefully
yeah. It's kind of sad. I never thought I would see the day when a rookie goalie shut out the avs of all teams, in the playoffs twice, and we allow them to get 8 goals in two games. thats strange. but im not giving up on the avs. they have been a resiliant team all year. we are going to win tonight!

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 03:55 PM

Well I don't agree there!

GO AVS!!

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Go AVS!!!!! Get one and it's off to the races. Like to see Turgeon in there on the power play tonite....dman

Turgeon has been riding the pine for the last few games. Is he even dressing for this game?

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Turgeon has been riding the pine for the last few games. Is he even dressing for this game?

I haven't heard, or read anything, but he was fvcking pitiful in the previous round.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 04:34 PM
GO AVS!!!!

Jori
05-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Yes, Turgeon is playing tonight as is fan favorite Brad May. Wolski and McLean are sitting out.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, Turgeon is playing tonight as is fan favorite Brad May. Wolski and McLean are sitting out.

The Avs are having trouble scoring and their lineup adjustment is to dress these two? Brilliant.

Hey, maybe they can get Warren Rychel and Jeff Shantz signed in time for the game tonight. ::)

Kid A
05-09-2006, 05:28 PM

Haven't heard much from Wolski since game 1 of the dallas series. Hopefully replacing him with a more experienced player will help out. I don't care who is on the ice, as long as someone can figure out how to get the puck in the net. Let's get it going Avs!

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 05:38 PM
The Avs are having trouble scoring and their lineup adjustment is to dress these two? Brilliant.

Hey, maybe they can get [/b]Warren Rychel and Jeff Shantz[/b] signed in time for the game tonight. ::)

Oh cripes...what a nightmare.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 05:43 PM
I don't care who is on the ice, as long as someone can figure out how to get the puck in the net.

Brad May is not that guy. Turgeon I half understand, but May makes no sense. I'm willing to bet that he'll take at least one really bad penalty tonight.

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Rick DiPietro in the studio. I cant imagine he could be any worse than P.J. Stock.

Jori
05-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Konowalchuk is out with a groin injury, Wolski remains in the lineup.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Dan The Man Hinote ends the drought!!

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Colorado is playing very inspired in the 2nd period so far.

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Anaheim ties it.

Spider
05-09-2006, 07:23 PM
my first hockey game I can watch this year ...... Avs vs that other team .. thier name doesnt matter ... man what play that dumb áss duck had a scoring opertunity , that Av came out of nowhere ,,, denied that duck

Spider
05-09-2006, 07:24 PM
Avs Power play ........

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 07:28 PM
big save by Bryzgalov.

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 07:30 PM
high stick takes away Avs goal.

Al Wilson
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey Sens fan, join the 0-2 crowd. Sucks, eh?
2 games the sens should've won. I don't have any feelings left anymore.

I think the boys can win both in Buffalo. We'll see . . . I believe in this team, I know they can do it.

Spider
05-09-2006, 07:32 PM
man that sucked

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
Huge save by Theodore while down on the ice. Huge for you guys.

Spider
05-09-2006, 07:37 PM
man ......

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 07:45 PM
Blake is thumping tonight.

Bryzgalov (sp?) is just in the zone. He's making huge saves, and the puck is doing a lot of bouncing over AVS sticks...especially on would be prime scoring chances.

They're showing a lot more energy tonight, and have some jump. Hopefully they'll continue to work, and find a way to put the biscuit in the basket a couple of times in the third.

Tay-o-door has been great tonight...that glove save on the power play from his face was sick. Let's hope he keeps it up.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 07:52 PM
We need to f***** SHOOT!

Spider
05-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Hey Duke ok cant spell his name , but damn .... and that save ......

Spider
05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
short handed goal ........ Avs

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Ducks go up 3-2.

You guys have shown alot of late 3rd period magic so far this postseason though. I still see the Avs winning this in OT.

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Blake ties it up.

Spider
05-09-2006, 08:23 PM
what a game ........

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Going to OT, where the Avs have been very good.

Spider
05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
good game too much ducks , not enough avs .......

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't know who I'd like to ****ing strangle more...Breezeby, Turdgeon, or Tanguay.

SoCalBronco
05-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Damn...that has to hurt for you guys. What a great game played by Theodore. There is an upside to all of this.....this guy is turning his game around...big time. The Avs may have just raped Montreal....again. The light is coming on for him.

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't know who I'd like to ****ing strangle more...Breezeby, Turdgeon, or Tanguay.

How about all of em? I cant believe we let a team like the freakin Duck's take a 3-0 lead on us. Seriously....the Mighty Ducks? C'mon Avs pathetic.

Jori
05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Turn overs absolutely killed the Avs tonight. Congrats Anaheim...good luck in the conference finals.

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Damn...that has to hurt for you guys. What a great game played by Theodore. There is an upside to all of this.....this guy is turning his game around...big time. The Avs may have just raped Montreal....again. The light is coming on for him.

Theodore has been the best player for the Avs so far. He kept us in this game for longer than he should have to. The Avs need to get their s*** together. This is sad.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Every time Tanguay touches the puck these days, it turns to **** instantly.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:20 PM
I have to give props to Theo though. He made some killer saves out there. Doesn't help when the rest of the team is ****ing up constantly though.

Jori
05-09-2006, 09:20 PM
Turgeon...time to retire. Brisebois...please get rid of this bum. You hear that sound? It's the collective laugh in Montreal.

Alex Tanguay...thanks for 2001 kid, but it's time for a fresh start somewhere else.

Little44
05-09-2006, 09:21 PM
Avs had dead legs after about the 5:00 minute mark of OT!

Who is the team that lives and plays at altitude?!?! ???

Time to put away the Avs jersey and pull out the Rockies stuff!

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 09:22 PM

How about all three. They were all brutal tonight.

Turgeon responds to a chance to play by taking 3 penalties and looking slower than **** going uphill. Tanguay played his 7th bad game in 8 chances. Breezeby is a worthless lop of ****. I swear, I've never seen a dumber, softer defenseman in my life. You've heard the phrase, "Take a hit to make a play?" Well, the fatal turnover by Breezeby came as a direct result of him being a dripping cooze and trying to avoid getting hit rather than making sure he got the puck out of the zone.

Sakic & Hejduk have been mostly invisible in this series, but at least they haven't been a detriment to the team. Those other three ****holes have been so bad that it's almost comical.

Congrats to the Ducks, their ticket to the WCF is just about punched. They took advantage of the Avs laughable defense and did what they had to to get the win.

Again, Tanguay, Turgeon and Breezeby, I hope all three of you spend the offseason fighting a nasty case of crotch rot.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:25 PM
How about all three. They were all brutal tonight.

Turgeon responds to a chance to play by taking 3 penalties and looking slower than **** going uphill. Tanguay played his 7th bad game in 8 chances. Breezeby is a worthless lop of ****. I swear, I've never seen a dumber, softer defenseman in my life. You've heard the phrase, "Take a hit to make a play?" Well, the fatal turnover by Breezeby came as a direct result of him being a dripping cooze and trying to avoid getting hit rather than making sure he got the puck out of the zone.

Sakic & Hejduk have been mostly invisible in this series, but at least they haven't been a detriment to the team. Those other three ****holes have been so bad that it's almost comical.

Congrats to the Ducks, their ticket to the WCF is just about punched. They took advantage of the Avs laughable defense and did what they had to to get the win.

Again, Tanguay, Turgeon and Breezeby, I hope all three of you spend the offseason fighting a nasty case of crotch rot.

I knew others would be just as pissed as I was, but I needed the laugh. Thanks for that one, CO.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Turgeon...time to retire. Brisebois...please get rid of this bum. You hear that sound? It's the collective laugh in Montreal.

Alex Tanguay...thanks for 2001 kid, but it's time for a fresh start somewhere else.

Maybe the Sabres want Tang, and we'll take Dru back. :thumbsup:

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Fvck Breezeby and his penchant for passing up the middle of the ice and in front of his own net. He played a pretty solid playoffs, but he picked a hell of a time to revert.

Tons of turnovers...sloppy passing...missed opportunities on the powerplay...and the Duck's overall solid play leads to an early exit in the second round.

Positives...Theodore looked strong in his nets...and Blake played like he was young again these playoffs...as did Sakic until he got worked by Pahlson (sp?).

The series isn't over, but it pretty much is.

Not much more to say really...they're losing to a better team.

Lidstrom is a free agent...

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM

What's really sad is that a lot of idiots around this town will only remember Tanguay's heroics in game 7 of the 2001 Finals and pretend not to notice the fact that he's historically been a non-factor in the playoffs.

I have to agree with Jori, time to explore trade possibilities for him this summer.

On the bright side (and yes, there is one) Jose Theodore was awesome tonight. He did all he could to steal this one and made several highlight reel saves just to get this game to OT. It didn't end up getting the Avs a win tonight, but it bodes well for the future. He looks like he's finally rounding into form and getting his confidence back.

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 09:31 PM
It's amazing how similar this playoff run is to the 2004 playoff run by the Avs. They play great in the 1st round against Dallas, winning the series 4-1, and then they get matched up against another Cali team, and go down 3-0.

The Avs are horrible at playing well in back-to-back playoff series.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:32 PM
On the bright side (and yes, there is one) Jose Theodore was awesome tonight. He did all he could to steal this one and made several highlight reel saves just to get this game to OT. It didn't end up getting the Avs a win tonight, but it bodes well for the future. He looks like he's finally rounding into form and getting his confidence back.
I agree. He was great tonight. Just too bad the rest of the team is choking for him.

I also think they better check and see what was in that can Lupul was sniffing.

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM

Hah!!! Yeah right. Tanguay is skilled, but mentally week...and Drury sh!ts icicles.

Great idea though...mt.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:33 PM
It's amazing how similar this playoff run is to the 2004 playoff run by the Avs. They play great in the 1st round against Dallas, winning the series 4-1, and then they get matched up against another Cali team, and go down 3-0.

Those ****ing California teams. :cuss:

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:34 PM

They've got two Stanley Cup wins, and a few other trips to the conference finals that says you're full of sh!t...potzer.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Hah!!! Yeah right. Tanguay is skilled, but mentally week...and Drury sh!ts icicles.

Great idea though...mt.

It was, wasn't it? ;D Works for me!

Kid A
05-09-2006, 09:35 PM
What's really sad is that a lot of idiots around this town will only remember Tanguay's heroics in game 7 of the 2001 Finals and pretend not to notice the fact that he's historically been a non-factor in the playoffs.

I have to agree with Jori, time to explore trade possibilities for him this summer.

I'd have to agree with all this. Coming into this season I suppose I was still a Tanguay homer, but without Forsberg he has been worthless. It was fun to watch a competitive game, but you hate to see it end on a dumb-@ss mistake. I'll be interested to see what Lacroix does in the offseason. The Theo trade is looking good thus far, but his Turgeon and Breezy have killed us this series.

Kid A
05-09-2006, 09:39 PM

They're historically bad at closing out series', but these last couple playoffs are the first time they've looked so good one series and like crap another. I'm not super dissapointed that this team isn't going past the second round, I just wish they had looked better. I suppose they can still save some face like the San JOse series, but I doubt it.

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 09:39 PM
They've got two Stanley Cup wins, and a few other trips to the conference finals that says you're full of sh!t...potzer.

True. But as of late, the Avs have not been able to stay consistent in the playoffs. I understand how many cups they have won.

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:40 PM
I thought that Tanguay was going to be an UFA after this season? Is that not the case?

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 09:41 PM
I thought that Tanguay was going to be an UFA after this season? Is that not the case?

RFA.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:42 PM
They're historically bad at closing out series', but these last couple playoffs are the first time they've looked so good one series and like crap another. I'm not super dissapointed that this team isn't going past the second round, I just wish they had looked better. I suppose they can still save some face like the San JOse series, but I doubt it.

Honestly, the SJ series just prolonged the agony. We all got so excited that we maybe had a shot at pulling it out, only to be kicked in the balls. ( Figuratively speaking here. )

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
True. But as of late, the Avs have not been able to stay consistent in the playoffs. I understand how many cups they have won.

Their two postseason exits previous to this year (Minnesota/San Jose) had a lot to do with the amount of clutching and grabbing that the NHL allowed. Teams were able to negate their superior skill with glorified minor leaguers.

Assuming they lose this series...it will be the first time they lost a playoff series to a team that simply played better pure hockey than them...since the Red Wings bounced them in seven in 2002.

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 09:45 PM
RFA.

Ok. Then move him. He's not going to live up to his potential in Colorado. He's soft mentally...that's why he had a hard time with Hartley.

He has value. He did put up some solid numbers this season.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Ok. Then move him. He's not going to live up to his potential in Colorado. He's soft mentally...that's why he had a hard time with Hartley.

He has value. He did put up some solid numbers this season.

He'd be good for a young team without any real expectations or a team trying to get over the hump and get into the playoffs. Florida would be a good spot for him.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:50 PM
Jokinen for Tang. Uh huh.

Jori
05-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Perhaps the Avs should play somebody other then Dallas in the first round. Seems like they have some false sense of security going into the second round.

I thought the Ducks would be a better matchup then San Jose, I can admit that I was wrong. I underestimated Anaheim. Perhaps it wouldn't have mattered whether it was San Jose or Anaheim, the Avs would have been over matched. Obviously, the Avs can't make any wholesale changes because of the cap, but it looks like goaltending wont be an issue. Theodore was great tonight, unfortunately, some of his team mates did not help him out.

This team needs to get stronger. If you can convince Turgeon to retire...do it. If you can find anybody stupid enough to take Brisebois, do it. If not, buy him out or have him play in Albany next year. Tanguay has always dazzled us, but he can't seem to remove his head from his ass at times. He has been absolutely dreadful sans game three of the Dallas series. He's 26 and making around $3 million. The strength of the Avs prospect system are their forwards. Wolski will be an Av full time next year and Stastny isn't too far behind. If you can find a young defenseman, I'd say it would be time to move Tanguay along.

You know people talk about Forsberg not being here, but the Avs will get just as far as they did in 04. I know I've been accused of overating him, but the Avs really miss the playoff magic of Chris Drury. It was the worst trade Lacroix has ever made.

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Their two postseason exits previous to this year (Minnesota/San Jose) had a lot to do with the amount of clutching and grabbing that the NHL allowed. Teams were able to negate their superior skill with glorified minor leaguers.

Assuming they lose this series...it will be the first time they lost a playoff series to a team that simply played better pure hockey than them...since the Red Wings bounced them in seven in 2002.

San Jose was definitely the better team two years ago. They outworked the Avs in San Jose, and then came into the Pepsi center and did ti again. We were lucky to win two before being shown the door.

Clockwork Orange
05-09-2006, 09:55 PM
If you can find a young defenseman, I'd say it would be time to move Tanguay along.

http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/gallery/999991/0022.jpg

I wonder.......

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 09:56 PM
San Jose was definitely the better team two years ago. They outworked the Avs in San Jose, and then came into the Pepsi center and did ti again. We were lucky to win two before being shown the door.

I disagree. They mauled us for those wins and the refs swallowed their whistles. There were so many non calls in that series. I'm not blaming it solely on the refs, but they had a huge part in it. SJ definitely had a lot of talent then, but we had more.

Jori
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
San Jose was better, but Hannan did wear Forsberg like a coat in that series.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 10:02 PM
http://hfboards.com/customavatars/avatar11612_6.gif

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 10:05 PM
I wonder if Breeze had to have security escort him home.

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 10:07 PM

Nonsense. Scott Hannan was allowed to ride piggy back on Peter Forsberg's back up and down the ice. He neutralized the best two way player in hockey (when healthy) without being able to skate. The Sharks constantly interferred with Aebischer with no calls...whilst an Avalanche player got called for interence (Forsberg) while in posession of the puck and scoring a fvcking goal.

You're welcome to your opinion...but you're flat out wrong on this. There is a reason that people wanted to see teams like the AVS, red wings, senators and even the canucks play prior to the lockout (there were a few others like the lightning, but they escape me)...it's because they played fast paced...skilled hockey. The NHL allowed teams like the Devils...the Wild...and even the Ducks in their run to the finals to erase fantastic skill with open ice muggings...with or without the puck...it didn't matter. It was to the league's detriment, and they've finally realized that. They've been rewarded with a fast paced exciting Stanley Cup playoffs this year.

Actually you may have a point...both the Wild, and the Sharks were better at playing pig slop hockey than the highly skilled, Avs, red wings...and even Toronto was able to out muck the Senators for years.

It was bull sh!t hockey...that the league has taken significant steps to rectify.

Pendejo
05-09-2006, 10:11 PM
San Jose was better, but Hannan did wear Forsberg like a coat in that series.

It's not often...but I couldn't disagree with you more on this one. I guess perhaps the sharks were better suited to the style of play, which was frusturating to watch. But I don't think they were a better team. Hannan "wearing forsberg like a coat" is my case in point. Making the best player in the world skate with an addition 200 plus pounds on his back goes a long way towards negating an entire line.

It doesn't matter now though...they won the series.

There's no doubt that the AVS are losing to a better team this year.

bronco militia
05-09-2006, 10:15 PM
bummer, 0-3...

you guys are forgetting that this avs team is a 7th seed for a reason....

hell, not many of you (or me) gave the avs a shot going into the playoffs....

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 10:23 PM
bummer, 0-3...

Yeah, you're right, militia. I had them getting in for sure, but I also for sure they were a first round exit. But after they dominated Dallas, they got our hopes up and now it's hard to see them go down like this.

Whatever happens, they weren't expected to do this well and we should be proud of them for what they did do.

Stupid ****ing Melrose.

bronco militia
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Stupid ****ing Melrose.

lol...now PL needs to pull his head out of his ass and get some young talent in hear this upcoming offseason....and sombody get Theo a bigger catcher!! Holly crap! Ole!

DBruleU
05-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Nonsense. Scott Hannan was allowed to ride piggy back on Peter Forsberg's back up and down the ice. He neutralized the best two way player in hockey (when healthy) without being able to skate. The Sharks constantly interferred with Aebischer with no calls...whilst an Avalanche player got called for interence (Forsberg) while in posession of the puck and scoring a fvcking goal.

You're welcome to your opinion...but you're flat out wrong on this. There is a reason that people wanted to see teams like the AVS, red wings, senators and even the canucks play prior to the lockout (there were a few others like the lightning, but they escape me)...it's because they played fast paced...skilled hockey. The NHL allowed teams like the Devils...the Wild...and even the Ducks in their run to the finals to erase fantastic skill with open ice muggings...with or without the puck...it didn't matter. It was to the league's detriment, and they've finally realized that. They've been rewarded with a fast paced exciting Stanley Cup playoffs this year.

Actually you may have a point...both the Wild, and the Sharks were better at playing pig slop hockey than the highly skilled, Avs, red wings...and even Toronto was able to out muck the Senators for years.

It was bull sh!t hockey...that the league has taken significant steps to rectify.

Dude, they probably did play the kind of slop hockey that you're talking about, but they did outplay the Avs, and were a better team in that series hands down. You dont go up 3-0 against a great team like the Avs by just playing dirty and slop hockey like you say. You have to have some hard work and skill thrown in there to go up by that much in a series.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
I think Tred mentioned she was going to this game. Hey Tred, was there a rioting throng outside the locker room waiting to trample Breeze? If so, I'd hope you were in it. ;)

Bronco X
05-09-2006, 10:45 PM
Brisebois has done the impossible...

He's made Martin Skoula look good.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 10:46 PM
bummer, 0-3...

Yep, still hurts though i really feel for theo who played just fantastic.

Jori
05-09-2006, 10:47 PM

Oh man...how right you are :rofl:

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 10:50 PM

Insert rimshot.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Man, if we could find a way to get Demitra, Kobasew and now Lupul, we'd be set. :D Then they wouldn't have to chance to kill us anymore.

Who's posting on the HF boards? I see Bronx and Jori, anyone else over there? I went to register but it won't take my email addy, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to register an email addy with my ISP provider.

Also, I'll feel a bit better if someone else goes down 3 too. :)

Breck Bronc
05-09-2006, 11:23 PM
Where to start...At least it was a great game. I just got back from Pepsi Center after sitting in the best seats I've ever had for an NHL game. 13 rows back right on one of the bluelines. They were perfectly placed above the glass. I've sat in a bunch of nice seats at the Can and other NHL arenas and I'd have to say this is the best place to be -- a great view of the ice at all times.

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4757/openingfaceoffsmdsc023838dz.jpg

Alex Tanguay played one of the worst games an NHL skater can play. You could take a tape of tonight's game and show it to young kids on how not to play hockey. Bad passes, terrible turnovers, tyring to be too cute with the puck, avoiding contact instead of clearing the puck out of your own zone, etc etc etc.

Tanguay, Brisebois and Turgeon's names were definitely used with a lot of curse words by the crowd tonight. I heard a lot of anti-French stuff leaving the stadium, which I guess is unfair to Theodore :) . I really hope we can trade Tanguay for something useful. Oh yeah, Kurt Sauer was just as bad as the French trio of futility. You could just see how tired our 5 defeseman were during overtime because Sauer couldn't be trusted to play. He's just too slow for the new NHL.

The crowd went pretty wild after Hinote's goal. God knows we'd been waiting forever for something to cheer for.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3452/hinotescoressmalldsc023882vj.jpg

The Ducks are going to win multiple Stanley Cups with their current nucleus. They're young, fast as hell, big as hell, and have the best defenseman in the league (by far, Lidstrom fans). Joffrey Lupul, Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner, Corey Perry, oh my. Penner is a monster out there. Scott Neidermayer is a joy to watch, even when he's quietly killing your team. He is the exact opposite of Patrice Brisebois.

Well, it was a fun team to watch this year and I've already said that getting past the first round was an accomplishment. At least we didn't choke like the Red Wings and Canucks.

Mtbrncofn
05-09-2006, 11:26 PM
Awesome pics, Breck.

Bronx33
05-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Awesome pics, Breck.

I agree and i have sat there before it's just perfect IMO i just wished the game would have ended better for ya.

Breck Bronc
05-09-2006, 11:41 PM
I can't believe that Brad May came into the lineup and provided a real spark with his hitting and energy, while Pierre Turgeon came back and took 3 real dumb penalites and was a liability all night. You'd think the guy who's best known for putting a bounty out on a player would be the one taking dumb penalites and the guy who's scored over 500 NHL goals would provide a spark.

Since the start of 2006 I've attended a handful of games featuring my favorite teams. My record;

Broncos 0-1 (AFC Championship loss)

Avalanche 0-4 (including one in Calgary)

DU Hockey 0-4 (including shocking playoff loss to Minnesota St.)

Rockies 0-3 (did get to see Mr. Popular hit #709 at Coors)

Sometimes it sucks being a sports fan.

Breck Bronc
05-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Awesome pics, Breck.Thanks, just wish I had a digital SLR like Pez ;D .

Jori
05-09-2006, 11:45 PM
I think San Jose and Anaheim will be the two best teams in the west the next half dozen or so years.

This will be an interesting offseason in Colorado. Will Lacroix be able to get rid of any of the dead weight? Tanguay's a nice guy, but it may be time to move on. If the Avs could find a team that would be willing to part with a good young skating defenseman, the Avs should pull the trigger. Tanguay has some trade value. He's young and he would have a manageable salary. Svatos might be another guy on the block because of his injuries, but that's another story. Guys like Wolski and Stastny are the future. The Avs have to start thinking youth.

Breck Bronc
05-10-2006, 12:07 AM
I think San Jose and Anaheim will be the two best teams in the west the next half dozen or so years.

This will be an interesting offseason in Colorado. Will Lacroix be able to get rid of any of the dead weight? Tanguay's a nice guy, but it may be time to move on. If the Avs could find a team that would be willing to part with a good young skating defenseman, the Avs should pull the trigger. Tanguay has some trade value. He's young and he would have a manageable salary. Svatos might be another guy on the block because of his injuries, but that's another story. Guys like Wolski and Stastny are the future. The Avs have to start thinking youth.I agree about the Ducks and Sharks. They both were lucky that they had 2 1st round picks in the 2003 draft. So much talent in that draft and they got 2 players each. I'm sure you'll agree with me that it will be more tolerable to see Matt Carle and Sharks win the Cup rather than Burke and the Ducks.

I really hope Rob Blake will sign a reasonable contract with us this summer. He was awesome after the Olympic break. He looked like he had no gas left in the tank in tonight's overtime; he really played great tonight in a losing effort. I bet Rob's not a big fan of Brisebois and Tanguay right now.

Pendejo
05-10-2006, 12:10 AM
Tremendous pics Breck.

Yeah San Jose and Anaheim look like they could be the new Red Wings/AVS. It could be even more intense as they're in the same division. Highly skilled swift skating teams.

Assuming the Ducks go ahead and end this series, and the Sharks win theirs...the Conference finals will be tremendously fun to watch.

Good call about the future for the AVS Jori...they may have to take a step or two back...in order to get back up into the elite. A youth movement is in order for sure.

They definitely need to start stockpiling the blue line with some legit young talent. Easier said than done of course, but it's key.

(Edit: Both Blake and Sakic have gone on the record...and said they'd take less to stay in Colorado. We'll just have to see how much less really is...in regards to Blake. He's not the same player he was in his prime, but he's still capable of being dominant from time to time.)

Pendejo
05-10-2006, 12:13 AM
Dude, they probably did play the kind of slop hockey that you're talking about, but they did outplay the Avs, and were a better team in that series hands down. You dont go up 3-0 against a great team like the Avs by just playing dirty and slop hockey like you say. You have to have some hard work and skill thrown in there to go up by that much in a series.

History, and the permanent record will both agree with you. I, however, simply won't. It's my honest opinion. Take it for what it is. It doesn't matter to me.

broncocalijohn
05-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Oh I love the down and out and the pi$$ed off

Just so everybody knows (duck fans are a**holes)
Hmmm, never heard this one before. I thought we were just passive, bandwagoners. How can we be like Flyer fan? The anger of being down 3 to 0 must really get you angry. Dont do a Orange 4 Lfe/Cutler thread on us!
How about all of em? I cant believe we let a team like the freakin Duck's take a 3-0 lead on us. Seriously....the Mighty Ducks? C'mon Avs pathetic.
Yeah, the Ducks? Just a team that was a seed higher than the Avs and one of the hottest teams since the olympics ended. Maybe come around a little more often and you would know that the Ducks (no Mighty anymore) have been good. Thanks for taking the team lightly. Maybe the name threw you off. You should have looked more deep into the actual players. A lot of rookie and sophmore players. Get to know them as they will be around for a long time!
Thank God the regular posters put down their own team not berating the Ducks. I respect their vast knowledge of not only their team but other teams. You know who you guys are and thanks!

Pendejo
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM

Selective reading. Most of the consistent Avs fans/Hockey posters have given the Ducks their due. It's stupid not to with the way they've played since the olympic break.

They're playing great hockey.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 12:26 AM

Hmmm, never heard this one before. I thought we were just passive, bandwagoners. How can we be like Flyer fan? The anger of being down 3 to 0 must really get you angry. Dont do a Orange 4 Lfe/Cutler thread on us!

Yeah, the Ducks? Just a team that was a seed higher than the Avs and one of the hottest teams since the olympics ended. Maybe come around a little more often and you would know that the Ducks (no Mighty anymore) have been good. Thanks for taking the team lightly. Maybe the name threw you off. You should have looked more deep into the actual players. A lot of rookie and sophmore players. Get to know them as they will be around for a long time!
Thank God the regular posters put down their own team not berating the Ducks. I respect their vast knowledge of not only their team but other teams. You know who you guys are and thanks!

Ummmmm no just been dealing with em on other boards..

Don't know what to tell you guys....
bigserg2 Posted: May 09, 2006 10:36 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

...except that it's been fun.

Ducks in 4

And

7-1 Shots Advantage = Anaheim
bigserg Posted: May 09, 2006 05:36 PM Quote
in the last 60 days

wow...what a Power Play!!! It's 5on3 lets pass it around the umbrella....pathetic.

broncocalijohn
05-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Selective reading. Most of the consistent Avs fans/Hockey posters have given the Ducks their due. It's stupid not to with the way they've played since the olympic break.

They're playing great hockey.

I guess you had selective reading as i commended those that have been posting here as regulars. Dont hit "Reply" until you read the whole post.

Pendejo
05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
I guess you had selective reading as i commended those that have been posting here as regulars. Dont hit "Reply" until you read the whole post.

Touche.

Just figured it was another usless post from a typical whining ducks fan...so I didn't read the whole thing. :)

broncocalijohn
05-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Touche.

Just figured it was another usless post from a typical whining ducks fan...so I didn't read the whole thing. :)
First, I AM THE ONLY DUCKS FAN HERE! second, nothing to whine about. We might have bitched about Kariya bolting after the Stanley Cup run. Oh, we did have to walk inside the arena when it rained at a few games this year. Boy, that really sucked out loud.

SoCalBronco
05-10-2006, 01:15 AM
Seriously, this Chuck Norris (and Tedy Bruschi) type of stuff is getting out of hand.

I read this on HFBoards...

Haha, Bob McKenzie just said on TSN that...

...Fedoruk, Getzlaf, Penner and the rest of the Ducks' big guys could beat up Chuck Norris.

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 07:42 AM

ouch!!! bwahahaha!

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 08:03 AM
The Ducks are going to win multiple Stanley Cups with their current nucleus.

lol! now that was way over the top.....

give me a break

alkemical
05-10-2006, 08:28 AM
yeah, that's what the pens are going to do.

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 08:29 AM
yeah, that's what the pens are going to do.

just as soon as you guys quit drafting at the #1 or #2 spot every year.....

f'n draft day day cheaters! ;D

defenseman
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
Well , two things:

Next year mr. Lacroix needs to wake and smell the new NHL. #1 the fact that the clutching and grabbing is virtually done with, speed (and to a degree size) is the killer now. Still need size on the team in addition to VERY solid defense. Size and speed on the defense is a must. That said, my recommendations for next year:

Defense:
Color these possibly gone: Sauer, Boughner, possibly Brisebois. (Brisebois played overall very good last nite, he DID make a key mistake though trying to hit Sakic with a 3 on 2 outlet).

Forwards:
Color these possibly gone: Dowd, Laperriere, McLean, AND if they can get a top fight DEFENSEMAN for Tanguay , TRADE HIM. Turgeon is outta here also.

Goaltenders: Theodore stays put, Budaj as backup.

Who does that leave?

Defenseman: Blake, Clark, (Finger???), Liles, Skrastins,Vaananen.....
Minor leaugers: Boychuk(work in progress)
Slovak(won't be ready next year)

In short, they need to pick up at least 3 fast skating , hard hitting defenseman before they drop the puck for the season opener to allow for 6 D of reasonable quality. Not happenin folks....

Forwards: Brunette, Hejduk, hinote, Kono, Laaksonen, May, McCormick, Richardson, Sakic, Wolski, Svatos. Minor leaugers: Parshin, Hemingway. Thats about it.....they need at least 4 top forwards before training camp AND at least two MUST be good scoring threats.......Not happenin folks...

Goalies: Stay put.

Summary: Guess what? UNLESS Sakic and Blake and others aren't willing to take some hefty pay cuts, the Avs aren't going anywhere anytime soon. bottom line is , the ducks shutdown sakic, AND tanguay , hejduk and the rest of our "designated" scoring threats disappeared. Pierre MUST get at least two "no-s**t" scoring threats to surface consistently.
It's TOUGH beating a solid , fast and big skating team like the Ducks with FIVE defenseman, ain't happenin. Coach Q has tried and look where it's got them. Good skating solid Defensively Defenseman aren't that easy to come by AND they are expensive. See maybe one more showing up thats it.

FUTURE: Lacroix had better get the cap straight and quick. Second, he better stop bringing in hired guns to shore up the team. If they do go out and get some players, they had better be for the future, NOT FOR a year or two. And the Avs and the fans are paying the price now for the NON CAP era and Lacroix's trading of draft picks for hired guns. It has caught up with us is the bottom line.

So what do we do? UNLESS, a major pay cut is taken by the big money on the AVS hockey club, I'm predicting out of the playoffs for the next year or two. Not fast enough, not enough scoring punch, and a defense, with a few exceptions that has only 4 or 5 consistent defenseman. Can't win the cup with that.........................dman

alkemical
05-10-2006, 08:44 AM
haha, don't hate - appreciate!

They are going to be fun next year.

Crosby, Malkin (best player in the world not in the NHL), fluery, brooks, whitney and whomever else we draft this year. :)

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Where to start...At least it was a great game. I just got back from Pepsi Center after sitting in the best seats I've ever had for an NHL game. .

hey, how was the crowd around you?...for one of the best hockey games I've watched all year, it looked like on TV that half the lower bowl would rather be doing something else after each colorado goal or TV timeout......I can't remember ever seeing this in a playoff game at the Can.

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I can't believe that Brad May came into the lineup and provided a real spark with his hitting and energy, while Pierre Turgeon came back and took 3 real dumb penalites and was a liability all night. You'd think the guy who's best known for putting a bounty out on a player would be the one taking dumb penalites and the guy who's scored over 500 NHL goals would provide a spark.

Since the start of 2006 I've attended a handful of games featuring my favorite teams. My record;

Broncos 0-1 (AFC Championship loss)

Avalanche 0-4 (including one in Calgary)

DU Hockey 0-4 (including shocking playoff loss to Minnesota St.)

Rockies 0-3 (did get to see Mr. Popular hit #709 at Coors)

Sometimes it sucks being a sports fan.

Sounds like you better quit going to games. ;)

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:02 AM
Defense:
Color these possibly gone: Sauer, Boughner, possibly Brisebois. (Brisebois played overall very good last nite, he DID make a key mistake though trying to hit Sakic with a 3 on 2 outlet).

Possibly Breezeby?! Possibly?!!! I hope with everything that I have that Breeze is on the first train out of here. He's had a few great flashes, the rest have been bonehead plays that have cost us important games. ( See last night's game. )

Forwards:
Color these possibly gone: Dowd, Laperriere, McLean, AND if they can get a top fight DEFENSEMAN for Tanguay , TRADE HIM. Turgeon is outta here also.
Dowd has been a very solid pick up. He's cheap and he's a decent face off man. I hope that Lappy stays put as well. He had a career season and his grit is needed. He hasn't been that great in the playoffs, but there's been mention of an injury. Tang can get the hell out too. I'm sick of him not showing up when we need him, or worse yet showing up for the other team.

Bronx33
05-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Possibly Breezeby?! Possibly?!!! I hope with everything that I have that Breeze is on the first train out of here. He's had a few great flashes, the rest have been bonehead plays that have cost us important games. ( See last night's game. )

Dowd has been a very solid pick up. He's cheap and he's a decent face off man. I hope that Lappy stays put as well. He had a career season and his grit is needed. He hasn't been that great in the playoffs, but there's been mention of an injury. Tang can get the hell out too. I'm sick of him not showing up when we need him, or worse yet showing up for the other team.

Now when i think back we should have kept drury instead od tanguay.

alkemical
05-10-2006, 09:36 AM
damn straight, and i've argued that before, and people just want to give me #'s for his regular season production.....

Mtbrncofn
05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
Now when i think back we should have kept drury instead od tanguay.

Yep. Of course hindsight is 20/20, but I was pissed when Dru was traded.

Jori
05-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Trading Drury and Ballard were probably Lacroix's worst two moves. Ballard is a stud and would look wonderful on our blue line right now.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dowd back. Lappy is under contract next season. I think he's injured. From the start of the playoffs, Quenneville inexplicably stopped using on the PK. Unless he's in the dog house for peeing in Q's cereal, something smells fishy.

In terms of prospects, don't expect much help. The Avs best prospects are in college and are a couple years away. This team has no quality defensive prospects and I would expect them to use the next couple of drafts to shore up the blueline depth. Tanguay could be used to acquire a young defenseman if contract talks get nasty.

I think and hope that Turgeon will retire. I don't hate the guy, but clearly, he needs to hang up the skates.

I'd like to see May and Brisebois shipped out. Boughner wont be resigned. Sauer is young, but too slow for the new NHL. Liles is a liability, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The Avs will use their cap room to improve the blueline. Luckly, this is a good free agent crop for defenseman.

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 01:13 PM
I think and hope that Turgeon will retire. I don't hate the guy, but clearly, he needs to hang up the skates.

I'd like to see May and Brisebois shipped out. Boughner wont be resigned. Sauer is young, but too slow for the new NHL. Liles is a liability, but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. The Avs will use their cap room to improve the blueline. Luckly, this is a good free agent crop for defenseman.

If Turgeon can't see that he's finished, then he needs to go on the injured list with Alzheimers. He's had a nice career, but his skills have eroded and his lack of speed makes him a liability in the new NHL.

Brad May needs to go the way of Jim Cummins (who I hear has started his own cider business, Cummins Cider ;D).

I fear that we're stuck with Breezeby and his salary. I just can't see anyone taking his soft, timid ass and his 2.25 million dollar cap number off of our hands.

Hopefully Lacroix is ready to commit the Avs free agent dollars to defense. They need it and there's going to be plenty of it out there.

Kid A
05-10-2006, 01:14 PM
Avs homepage shows that Vanaanan will be back for game 4. Now all we need is Svatos back by game 7 ;D .

defenseman
05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm thinking there is a buyout clause of some of these contracts. they need to look hard at this ...dman

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Avs homepage shows that Vanaanan will be back for game 4. Now all we need is Svatos back by game 7 ;D .

I can only hope that Vaananen's return means that Breezeby will be scratched, but I'm pretty certain that it'll be Kurt Sauer sitting in the press box.

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I'm thinking there is a buyout clause of some of these contracts. they need to look hard at this ...dman

I'm not 100% positive, but I think that was a one time deal for this year....now you can still buy out a players contract, but they will still count against your cap.....anyone know for sure?

defenseman
05-10-2006, 01:30 PM
I hope your wrong militia, if we are going to come up with a "gameplan" to correct the avs woes during the offseason, we certianly need the correct parameters to do so. "Pierre , listen up when we are talking to you"..dman

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I hope your wrong militia,

no doubt

Jori
05-10-2006, 02:03 PM
The buy out/ no cap hit was only for last summer so that teams could get under the new cap system. Now if you buy out a player, it's a cap hit. What I don't know for sure is if the full amount of the player's salary will count against the cap or whether it's a percentage.

However, there is another option. You can waive the player, if that player is claimed by another team, the new team would be responsible for the salary. If the player clears waivers, you can send them to your AHL team and while you still have to pay the player at an NHL salary, it wont count against the cap. I believe this rule is for players who have one way contracts. A guy like Richardson has a two-way contract, but he would only get an AHL salary if he were to play in Albany next year (and in his case, wouldn't have to clear waivers).

bronco militia
05-10-2006, 02:07 PM
The buy out/ no cap hit was only for last summer so that teams could get under the new cap system. Now if you buy out a player, it's a cap hit. What I don't know for sure is if the full amount of the player's salary will count against the cap or whether it's a percentage.

However, there is another option. You can waive the player, if that player is claimed by another team, the new team would be responsible for the salary. If the player clears waivers, you can send them to your AHL team and while you still have to pay the player at an NHL salary, it wont count against the cap. I believe this rule is for players who have one way contracts. A guy like Richardson has a two-way contract, but he would only get an AHL salary if he were to play in Albany next year (and in his case, wouldn't have to clear waivers).

thanks

Clockwork Orange
05-10-2006, 02:15 PM

Fine by me. Enjoy Albany, Patricia.

Hogan11
05-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Hmmm, never heard this one before. I thought we were just passive, bandwagoners. How can we be like Flyer fan?

:unamused: If you weren't the Man with handling my Diego tickets, I'd slap you for that one. I've taken that loss rather well I think although I can't speak for the rest of my Flyer brethren.

That said, I'm taking great pleasure in watching Buffalo deal on Ottawa Ha!

F' THE SENS!!!!