PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Jason "Crosscheck" Williams and Andreas Lilja are my goats for the Wings. That game was over until Williams took his selfish penalty. The Oilers had nothing going for them all night and then seconds later the score is 2-1 and the crowd is going crazy. Great effort by the Edmonton fans tonight. I wish our fans could chant as well as they do.

That was as good as a first round as I can remember as an Avalanche fan.

24champ
05-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Heh, ya, considering it only just happened in 2003 against Anaheim and 2001 against the Kings

;)
I know thats why I said in the GENERAL HOCKEY THREAD that anyone that has watched hockey in the last decade KNOWS the Red Wings typically suck in the first round. I didnt expect the Red Wings to be bounced but encounter some problems with the Oilers and lose in the next round. Im not shocked they got bounced from the playoffs, will be interesting to read the papers in Detroit. Hope they do not blame Legace and blame the Defensemans, because they were just slow.

whoa fight in the Ducks game, cool.:thumbs:

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 10:19 PM
I love Jarome Iginla, but what the hell was he thinking? You're trying to put a team away and you get into a fight and take yourself off the ice for 5 minutes? Not smart.I missed it, who did Jarome fight?

Clockwork Orange
05-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I missed it, who did Jarome fight?

Francois Beauchemin. He didn't even take anyone worthwhile off with him.

TDforTD
05-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Did any of you guys make it out to any Avs games this year? I can get back to Colorado every now and then, but I didn't get a chance this year.

Pezman
05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
I know thats why I said in the GENERAL HOCKEY THREAD that anyone that has watched hockey in the last decade KNOWS the Red Wings typically suck in the first round. I didnt expect the Red Wings to be bounced but encounter some problems with the Oilers and lose in the next round. Im not shocked they got bounced from the playoffs, will be interesting to read the papers in Detroit. Hope they do not blame Legace and blame the Defensemans, because they were just slow.

whoa fight in the Ducks game, cool.:thumbs:

Yep, and its gonna be a painful end for Stevie Y methinks. I would be stunned if he came back next year. I guess I feel pretty bad for him though, that has to be a pretty sad way to end a brilliant career.

That fight in the Calgary game was great! I think we'll see a high spirited game here tonight.

Clockwork Orange
05-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Did any of you guys make it out to any Avs games this year? I can get back to Colorado every now and then, but I didn't get a chance this year.

I only got out to 3 this year. That's the least I've ever attended in a season.

TDforTD
05-01-2006, 10:27 PM
I only got out to 3 this year. That's the least I've ever attended in a season.
Awesome, I wish we didn't move. I haven't even been to a Broncos game in my life. I have been to a few Avs games which are always a blast. I want to make it to a Mammoth game because I have heard those games are also lots of fun. Can't wait for who the Avs to play next.

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 10:28 PM
I actually feel kind of bad for Manny Legace. The look on his face after the fourth goal was telling. He's going to be run out of town as the goat and didn't get any help from his defenseman in this series. I still have no idea what Lilja was doing on that final goal.

Clockwork Orange
05-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Ducks get absolutely screwed out of a goal. Ridiculously bad call.

Breck Bronc
1-0 Flames. The Ducks just had a goal waved off. That is a terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible call. Selanne scored way before any contact was made with Kipper and the contact was made by a Flames player. Awful call by Koharski.

Bronx33
koharski just ***** the ducks over.

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Kiprusoff is tough enough to beat, he doesn't need any help from the refs.

Mogulseeker
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
It looks like he just got lucky.....

I dont think things could have been better after the first round for Colorado... now time for Anaheim to win!

(Oh I'm in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean right now just so you know)

24champ
05-01-2006, 10:38 PM
I actually feel kind of bad for Manny Legace. The look on his face after the fourth goal was telling. He's going to be run out of town as the goat and didn't get any help from his defenseman in this series. I still have no idea what Lilja was doing on that final goal.
I dont think anyone knew what they were doing on that play. As for Manny Legace I watched this guy play in the old IHL when he was with the Las Vegas Thunder. He is a solid goaltender and tonight was not his fault , if they run him out of town I hope the Kings pick him up and Garon can be a decent backup.;D

Tredici
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
Lets see if we cant get that #3 seed Calgary out (Go ducks!) and join them, along with that #4 seed Nashville! I want an all underdog second round in the West

I don't mind seeing Calgary stick. Then all three from the TOUGHEST division in hockey have proved that point. Spend all season beating each other up and it is fitting they prove how good they are all by all of them still standing.

And Detroit still gets the President's Trophy Parade....

And good for Hemsky. Makes up for that cheapazz shot Cheliosaurus took on him in an early game. Kharma is a beeyotch.

Tredici
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
I dont think anyone knew what they were doing on that play. As for Manny Legace I watched this guy play in the old IHL when he was with the Las Vegas Thunder. He is a solid goaltender and tonight was not his fault , if they run him out of town I hope the Kings pick him up and Garon can be a decent backup.;D

Yep. The good old Thunder. That's when Salo was with the Grizz and regularly kicked old Manny's patooka.

Tredici
05-01-2006, 11:18 PM

I made it to four games. I've already secured those same seats for 10 games next season. Woot Woot.

Bronx33
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
ducks got another one from selanne!

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Selanne scores again. This time it counts. Should be 2-1 Ducks.

Bronx33
05-01-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't mind seeing Calgary stick. Then all three from the TOUGHEST division in hockey have proved that point. Spend all season beating each other up and it is fitting they prove how good they are all by all of them still standing.

And Detroit still gets the President's Trophy Parade....

And good for Hemsky. Makes up for that cheapazz shot Cheliosaurus took on him in an early game. Kharma is a beeyotch.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i love it!

Breck Bronc
05-01-2006, 11:26 PM
Darren McCarty just got kneed in the nuts. It was his own fault, too.

Bronx33
05-01-2006, 11:27 PM

**** McCarty

Tredici
05-01-2006, 11:28 PM

I wouldn't think that was possible. Doesn't his chin protect them?

Bronx33
05-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Man! it's gettin chippy!

Mtbrncofn
05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Sorry Wingie fans. ( Not so much, actually ) No worries, that President's Trophy will keep you company on the links this year. ;D

Mtbrncofn
05-01-2006, 11:53 PM
For fun, let's just see how wrong some or all of us were with our predictions. I'm more than happy to eat crow on my Avs one. I know I really picked badly on the other ones though.

SoCal's:
(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 2

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 4
(6) New York 2

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 3

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 2

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 3

(3) Calgary 3
(6) Anaheim 4

(4) Nashville 1
(5) San Jose 4

Jori's:
East

Ottawa over Tampa Bay in four games
Montreal over Carolina in six games
New Jersey over New York in six games
Buffalo over Philadelphia in seven games

West

Detroit over Edmonton in five games
Dallas over Colorado in six games
Calgary over Anaheim in seven games
San Jose over Nashville in six games

CO's:
Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 6
New Jersey over New York in 5
Philadelphia over Buffalo in 6

Detroit over Edmonton in 5
Colorado over Dallas in 6
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 6

Mine:
Ottawa over TB in 4
Carolina over the Habs in 6 ( although those Habs certainly are a hot commodity )
NJ over NY in 7
Buffalo over Philly in 7

West:
Detwat over Edmonton in 6
Dallas over our beloved Avs in 6 too
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 7

Mtbrncofn
05-01-2006, 11:56 PM
More picks here.

Broncocalijohn's:
Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 5
New Jersey over New York in 5
Buffalo over Phily in 7

Detroit over Edmonton in 4
Dallas over Colorado in 6
Anaheim over Calgary in 7
San Jose over Nashville in 6

24cb's:
24's First Round Picks

(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 1

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 3
(6) New York 4

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 2

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 3

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 1

(3) Calgary 4
(6) Anaheim 2

(4) Nashville 0
(5) San Jose 4

Ames:
sens in 4, canes in 5, devils in 4, flyers in 5

wings in 6, stars in 5, flames in 4, sharks in 4

Breck's:

Sens over Lightning in 4
Hurricanes over Canadiens in 6
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Red Wings over Oilers in 6
Avalanche over Stars in 6
Flames over Ducks in 7
Sharks over Predators in 5
______

That's all I could find....on record. ;)

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 12:19 AM
5 on 3 for the quacks

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 12:23 AM
kips standing on his freakin head. :notworthy

24champ
05-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Looking back on my picks, Dallas screwed me. I knew the oilers would give Detroit fits but didnt see them winning the series. Rangers blew it big time, but I still think the Sharks are going all the way.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 12:30 AM
W00t! Ducks score!

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 12:32 AM
Looking back on my picks, Dallas screwed me. I knew the oilers would give Detroit fits but didnt see them winning the series. Rangers blew it big time, but I still think the Sharks are going all the way.

Huh, they screwed me too on my pick. But I'll bend over and take that one. ;D I'll give you credit, you called the Oil. I thought there was no way. Rags plain ol forgot to show up, and I hope the Sharks are done soon. :wiggle:

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 12:37 AM
So Breck and I were the only ones who had faith in the Avs, eh?

Shame on the rest of you. tsk tsk

;)

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 12:40 AM
But I'll bend over and take that one.

If I were the crude sort, that quote would be in my sig. ;D

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 12:41 AM
LOL Thanks for being so gracious, CO.

And yes I am ashamed that I didn't have enough faith in the Avs to pick them. :(

Not one of us picked the Oil either.

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 12:44 AM
Ducks have got this one wrapped up. They'll go to a game 7 in Calgary.

Good, the Avs need every extra day of rest they can get with Lappy ailing and Tanguay still not at 100%.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Way to go, Ducks. :thumbs: Be prepared for the game of your life up there in Calgary. If they win, I'll be stunned.

What the heck is wrong with Lappy? I did not know he wasn't well.

broncocalijohn
05-02-2006, 12:53 AM
dont be stunned . Ducks are playing with heart. Last game we were down 3 zilch and came back to score two to make it close. Yes it will be tough but how the Ducks played short handed putting 3 guys on the back line when the Flames had the puck behind the ducks net was awesome and gutty. They froze them in that situation many times. Oh, that was a great game and ducks deserved it with another bad call in the playoffs with the non goal/penalty. Yummy!

24champ
05-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Flames will finish off the Ducks, its hard to beat the Flames in their house. Not impossible but going to be hard to pull off.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh I sure as hell will be stunned if they INTO Calgary and pull it off. That would be huge.

broncocalijohn
05-02-2006, 12:58 AM
So Breck and I were the only ones who had faith in the Avs, eh?

Shame on the rest of you. tsk tsk

;)
Homers
BTW I had Red Wings in a sweep. Did Selanne lose another tooth? Seems a bigger gap in his grill. Comeback player of the year! I guess everyone is comeback player of the year with the layoff in 04 and 05.

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Oh I sure as hell will be stunned if they INTO Calgary and pull it off. That would be huge.

H-U-G-E

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 01:04 AM
What the heck is wrong with Lappy? I did not know he wasn't well.

No way of knowing, it's the playoffs. Teams are a bit sketchy with the details of injuries at this time of year.

He hasn't been killing penalties, his ice time is down and he hasn't been nearly as effective. Something's wrong with him.

Jori
05-02-2006, 05:59 AM
Best case scenario for the Avs is if they face the Ducks in the second round. There are too many matchup problems against San Jose.

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 09:11 AM
I was hoping against hope that talent wins the Cup. Turns out it's still heart, guts, grit, goaltending and hard work. This is Red Wings One signing off...*gag*

freak6
05-02-2006, 09:18 AM
UH OH!!!!

Someone got BOUNCED outta the playoffs........

It wasn't the Avs....

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 09:20 AM
your time's coming, avs fan. reality's a bitch--trust me, i know.

Old Dude
05-02-2006, 09:21 AM
Taken out by an eigth seed. Ow, that's gonna leave a mark.

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 09:22 AM
yup, this loss was a tough one to swallow. on the plus side, we just may see Kenny Holland lose his job.

Broncoblood
05-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Nothin' better than to see the wings and stars bounced in the 1st!!
NICE REGULAR SEASON RED WINGS--GO HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

defenseman
05-02-2006, 09:30 AM
I have to say, watching the oilers battle back from a 2 goal deficit to pull this one out made my day. The wings defense looked like dogs**t in the third period, the forwards had cement skates on. Virtully little to no backchecking at all from my vantage point. Age, it appears, took it's toll. I'll agree with you, Holland is probably going to be asked to take the door. The wings, to be competitive, need to get younger quick...dman

Darkhawk24
05-02-2006, 09:31 AM
The Yankees err Red Wings lose!!!!

Great stuff!

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 09:32 AM
glad we could make your season worthwhile! :thanku:

defenseman
05-02-2006, 09:33 AM
Oh yeah, one other note. It appeared to me anyway, that the wings didn't look like they wanted to muck it up at all. Where was Maltby, Draper, Shanahan? The successful wing teams of the past could really muck it up and get physical, didn't see that this series. Well, I'm sure they'll make some moves and the formers will be spread about the Eastern and Western conferences. Yzerman, tough way to go out the door. ...dman

defenseman
05-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Didn't make my season, the Avs are still in the hunt. Just made my day a little better. Thats as much credit as I'll give to the Wing-dings...dman

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 09:36 AM
yup, a group of giant pu$$ies, no doubt. we should've been sending torpedoes at Pronger all night long but nobody had the nads to sustain it. we'll see some major changes in d-town, methinks.

Spider
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Deadwings are gone .............

Dukes
05-02-2006, 09:37 AM
You know, as much as I HATE the Wings, I look forward to a Wings vs. Avs western conference final the most. Oh well, it couldn't have happend this year anyways. Enjoy the golf lessons Detroit!

Bronco X
05-02-2006, 09:38 AM
your time's coming, avs fan. reality's a b****--trust me, i know.

Most of us had no expectations for this team coming into the playoffs. But they had a rousing first round victory and they have gone further this season than the Wings. Everything else is now gravy.

And let me tell you from experience rooting for both: It's way more fun to root for an overachieving underdog rather than an underachieving favorite.

spdirty
05-02-2006, 09:39 AM
hell yeah!!!! DEAD WINGS SUCK!!!!!! DEAD WINGS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Paladin
05-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Does this mean that Barry Melrose will take a hike, too?

defenseman
05-02-2006, 09:45 AM
"Barry" made a point last nite to say that the Oilers BEAT the red wing-dings, and that the wing-dings didn't "lose it".....dman

Darkhawk24
05-02-2006, 09:56 AM
How does the mighty Red Wings the top seeded team bend over and let Edmonton give it to them?

I have a lot of friends that are Red Wing fans. They aren't too happy about that.

I sure am! ;)

freak6
05-02-2006, 10:04 AM
58-16 regular season, that's impressive. What do you get for that, the Presidents Trophy, the Queen's Tiara, or is it a Betamax tape of "Strange Brew"?

Whatever it is, Red Wing fan must be so proud of the effort over the <i> regular season.

defenseman
05-02-2006, 10:11 AM
True so true, nice to see the "basics" to the cup haven't changed. You really got to want it bad, really bad....dman

Kaylore
05-02-2006, 10:42 AM
We almost sweep the Stars and the Redwings get beat by an eighth seed.

pwnd

Master___Pain
05-02-2006, 10:49 AM
You know, as much as I HATE the Wings, I look forward to a Wings vs. Avs western conference final the most. Oh well, it couldn't have happend this year anyways. Enjoy the golf lessons Detroit!

I thought the only round the Av's could have played the now playing golf redwings was in the semis, no? So, if the redwings had not gagged that game away last night, the Avs would have been facing the Wings had the wings won game 7.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm not gloating. Karma can be a bitch.

alkemical
05-02-2006, 12:54 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06122/686658-61.stm

Russian franchise might sue Penguins over Malkin deal

Tredici
05-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I was hoping against hope that talent wins the Cup. Turns out it's still heart, guts, grit, goaltending and hard work. This is Red Wings One signing off...*gag*

Not to pick on Assassin, but this post made me laugh. Mainly because of all the years other Wing fans repeatedly made fun of all that talent the Avs had going nowhere. I believe the saying was "Avs rely too much on their talent".

And to an extent, it's true. Besides the heart, guts, grit, goaltending, and hard work I'll throw this in - health and the bounce of the puck.

I've certainly learned you can appreciate a "garbage" goal from Joe Sakic as much as a patented, pretty wrister.

Much admiration for Stevie Y getting back on the ice and giving the effort. He's always been a class guy.

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 01:07 PM
58-16 regular season, that's impressive. What do you get for that, the Presidents Trophy, the Queen's Tiara, or is it a Betamax tape of "Strange Brew"?

Whatever it is, Red Wing fan must be so proud of the effort over the <i> regular season.

And an easy division helps.

Smiling Assassin27
05-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Not to pick on Assassin, but this post made me laugh. Mainly because of all the years other Wing fans repeatedly made fun of all that talent the Avs had going nowhere. I believe the saying was "Avs rely too much on their talent".

And to an extent, it's true. Besides the heart, guts, grit, goaltending, and hard work I'll throw this in - health and the bounce of the puck.

I've certainly learned you can appreciate a "garbage" goal from Joe Sakic as much as a patented, pretty wrister.

Much admiration for Stevie Y getting back on the ice and giving the effort. He's always been a class guy.

that was in an era in which clutching and grabbing was freely allowed and when refs swallowed their whistles in the final period. after watching the regular season, you can see why the hope that talent, given the opportunity to shine, would prevail. but hockey is hockey--grit and determination STILL go a long way against talent that lacks it.

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 04:33 PM
http://chokeytown.ytmnd.com/

Use full screen

Jens1893
05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Flyers have a mountain to climb ... down by 5 with about 10 mins left in the second

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
Bwahahaahahahahaha. Love it.

Bronx33
05-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Horriable D poor nitty stopped 3 shots before any help came and it was too late.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 07:45 PM
And seriously, what is up with the home team sounding the goal horn for the visiting team? That's about stupid. I saw that go on down in TB in an earlier game too.

Having your own goal horn sounded when the visiting team scores seems much more like a slap in the face than, oh say......having their goal replayed on the jumbo tron. ;)

SoCalBronco
05-02-2006, 07:58 PM
6-1 Buffalo. :)

Jori
05-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Who would have saw Drury out playing Forsberg in this series?

Dru :notworthy

Jens1893
05-02-2006, 08:15 PM
The guy that was traded for Derrek Morris makes it seven.

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow. The Gagne-Forsberg-Knuble line is a combined -11 in this game.

Again, wow. :nono:

SoCalBronco
05-02-2006, 08:35 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06122/686658-61.stm

Russian franchise might sue Penguins over Malkin deal

The good news is that Malkin is openly saying he wants to be here this upcoming season 100% and I think the transfer agreement will get worked out.

The bad news is that his interview with the Russian Sport Express was terrible. Its obvious that he is already jealous of Crosby and there is going to be a problem. And that whole thing about how he is insisting that his contract provides equal ice time as Crosby isn't good. Maybe we should trade his rights to Minnesota for Gaborik and a decent player.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 08:42 PM
Ooooo, OT in Montreal. Nerve-wracking stuff if you're a Habs fan.

SoCalBronco
05-02-2006, 08:43 PM
Carolina advances.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Never mind, it just turned into heartbreak for Habs fans.

Jori
05-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Ouch....Stillman from the blueline.

SoCalBronco
05-02-2006, 08:50 PM
I really need to buy some of these Don Cherry style suits, although this one isnt as cool as the silver sequin one. :)

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 08:55 PM
You'd be the shiznit in that, SoCal! ( Or something like that. ;D )

Clockwork Orange
05-02-2006, 09:12 PM
So the 2nd round is set for the Eastern Conference.

1. Ottawa vs 4. Buffalo
2. Carolina vs 3. New Jersey

Here's something odd. All 4 of the top seeds in the Eastern Conference advanced to round 2. If Anaheim wins tomorrow night, none of the top 4 seeds in the West will have advanced to round 2.

Gotta love playoff hockey. ;D

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 09:17 PM
I was going to ask for 2nd round predictions, but I guess we should wait until the last series is done.

Ottawa and Buffalo is going to be a great series.

Al Wilson
05-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Not 1 Flyers fan left LOL Stop hiding fellas:thanku:

Sens will smoke the Sabres.

Mtbrncofn
05-02-2006, 09:31 PM
I think the Sabres will put up a helluva lot more fight than the Lightning did, Al. Don't be so sure of yourself.

Jori
05-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Sens/Sabres will be a great series. I'd be shocked if it was less than six games.

Al Wilson
05-02-2006, 09:55 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if it was less than 6 games. Sens are awesome when playing against skilled teams that aren't very physical.

Havlat in lineup = lost 4, won 20.

I like it.

Disco Man
05-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Well the Canadiens have let me down..........it's now baseball season and time for the Cubs to do the same! GO SENS!!!!!!!! Bring the cup to Canada, I picked you the last two years to win it all.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 12:23 AM
I picked you the last two years to win it all.

So what you're saying is that you're a jinx. ;)

Hogan11
05-03-2006, 02:57 AM
Talk about being let down.......oh well, in the words of the mighty Al Bundy, "If you gotta lose...lose big" :notthissh

BTW, all you Flyer haters can suck my sack.

Gotta go with the team that beat mine...Go Sabres! ....and if that doesn't fly, well then Anyone But Ottawa :punched:.

alkemical
05-03-2006, 09:20 AM
I didn't hear the interview - but really - the way i see it, is you have two top lines, they will get the majority of the minutes IMO

Tredici
05-03-2006, 12:13 PM
BTW, all you Flyer haters can suck my sack.

Methinks you are really hoping there are still some Peter lovers among the Flyer haters.

Tredici
05-03-2006, 12:14 PM
SCORE

Tickets at the Can for games 3 and 4 of the upcoming series.

Let's Go Avs!

defenseman
05-03-2006, 12:18 PM
Interesting turn of events, at opposite sides of the "spectrum"

EASTERN CONFERENCE: the numbers 1 thru 4 seated teams make the semi's

WESTERN CONFERENCE: *if Anaheim wins, the 5th thru 8th seeds make the semi's.

My guess is the eastern conference will be heavily favored if this occurs. Lots of sucker bets to follow in this scenario...dman

Jori
05-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Konowalchuk cleared to play in round two !Booya!

http://www.coloradoavalanche.com/news/currentdetails.asp?ID=547

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 12:49 PM

!Booya!

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 12:52 PM

Sweet! mother! of! GAWD! our forecheck is going to rock!

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 12:58 PM
OZO going down the tubes..

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060503/UPDATE/605030414
http://cmsimg.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=BH&Date=20060503&Category=UPDATE&ArtNo=605030414&Ref=AR&MaxW=250&MaxH=400
WHITE PLAINS — New York Rangers defenseman Sandis Ozolinsh was arrested on a drunk driving charge in White Plains after police said his blood-alcohol level was found to be more than twice the legal limit when he was pulled over for speeding.

The 33-year-old seven-time NHL all star's "eyes were bloodshot and glassy,'' and he "slurred his speech and swayed while he stood,'' according to a police report.

Officer John Lick stopped Ozolinsh shortly after 11 a.m. yesterday after he was allegedly clocked going 66 miles per hour in a 40 mph zone on eastbound Westchester Avenue. Ozolinsh, who was driving a blue 2006 Nissan Altima, had "a strong odor of an alcoholic beverage'' on his breath, the police report says.

He was arrested after a field test showed his blood-alcohol level to be .17 percent, more than twice the legal limit of .08 percent. Ozolinsh was taken to police headquarters, where he was charged with DWI, a misdemeanor and issued traffic violation summonses for speeding and driving without a seat belt. His car was impounded.

Ozolinsh, who gave an Anaheim, Calif., address, was released without bail yesterday afternoon and is scheduled to answer the charges in White Plains City Court on May 16.

defenseman
05-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Big addition to the post season roster, he'll have to bang the rust off though. I know he's been traveling with the team, so hopefully the amount of rust is neglible. Things are looking up...dman

Kid A
05-03-2006, 01:00 PM

Oh Hells yes ;D

Rascal
05-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Konowalchuk practices with Avs' second lineAssociated Press

DENVER -- Forward Steve Konowalchuk, who's been out of action since November because of a broken wrist, has been cleared to play as the Colorado Avalanche prepare for the Western Conference semifinals.

Konowalchuk, a 14-year veteran, was hurt Nov. 21 and missed the final 61 games of the regular season and Colorado's five-game upset of the Dallas Stars in the first round.

At the time of his injury, Konowalchuk was off to the best start of his career with 15 points through 21 games.

Konowalchuk has 21 points, including nine goals, in 50 career playoff games.

Konowalchuk skated on the second line at the Avs' practice on Wednesday. Coach Joel Quenneville was not at the workout because he was attending a funeral.

defenseman
05-03-2006, 01:38 PM
NOW WE need another defenseman to show up in round three (hopefully) of the playoffs. The give aways from our less talented Defenseman against dallas really were pretty bad at some points. SEE: Bill Guerin's goal , game 5....dman

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
NOW WE need another defenseman to show up in round three (hopefully) of the playoffs. The give aways from our less talented Defenseman against dallas really were pretty bad at some points. SEE: Bill Guerin's goal , game 5....dman

That was sauer that let billy walk in on net..

Rascal
05-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Yeah we need some more depth along the blue-line, but not much can be done at this point.

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CHEER FOR THE DUCKS TONIGHT!!!!

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
That was sauer that let billy walk in on net..

Sauer didn't see the ice again after that gaffe.

Pezman
05-03-2006, 01:56 PM
SCORE

Let's Go Avs!

Sweet! Ok, at the risk of hoping for the best, I've queued up duckets for game one and game two for the Ducks round 2 just in case they win tonight. You know I plan on representing the Avs in the OC! Lets hope the Teemu, the Neidermeyers and JSG can come away with a win tonight so that the Avs can basically have a "home" series against the Ducks :thumbsup:

Clocky, how is Sandy Clough and the radio geeks in Denver liking our chances against the remaining teams in the West? Are things starting to buzz around Denver yet?

Tredici
05-03-2006, 02:00 PM
Sauer didn't see the ice again after that gaffe.

Quinnie ain't the touchy feely sort. We were kinda wondering if he'll see the ice again.

Great news on Kono. I knew he was skating hard two weeks ago. Now if these few days of rest have been beneficial to Tanguay as well, there may be a little more speed to contend with.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 02:07 PM
Great news on Kono. I knew he was skating hard two weeks ago. Now if these few days of rest have been beneficial to Tanguay as well, there may be a little more speed to contend with.

Hopefully the extra rest does the trick for whatever's ailing Lappy too.

defenseman
05-03-2006, 02:09 PM
He HAS to see ice again, No way you go with 5 defenseman against Calgary (with blake on the ice every time Aginla's skate touches it), they'll get worn down in no time flat. Anaheim, even 5 D here won't make it through the series. My guess, Sauer gets some ice time, but not alot, and he'll be out with the opposition checking line if at all possible. Alot of folks missed the fact that our Theodore "covered" up constantly throughout game five AFTER that screw up by Sauer. He had to. We had 5 D rotating, and it was a way to get them short breathers during the game....dman

*No way on 5 D as a staple diet, ain't happenin.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Hopefully the extra rest does the trick for whatever's ailing Lappy too.

It's drivin me nutz wondering what that injury is.

Tredici
05-03-2006, 03:45 PM
It's drivin me nutz wondering what that injury is.

Well... I'm pretty sure it's an "upper body injury".

No wait.

It must be a "lower body injury".

Ha.

Hockey players.

24champ
05-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Sweet! Ok, at the risk of hoping for the best, I've queued up duckets for game one and game two for the Ducks round 2 just in case they win tonight. You know I plan on representing the Avs in the OC! Lets hope the Teemu, the Neidermeyers and JSG can come away with a win tonight so that the Avs can basically have a "home" series against the Ducks :thumbsup:

Clocky, how is Sandy Clough and the radio geeks in Denver liking our chances against the remaining teams in the West? Are things starting to buzz around Denver yet?
I will show up at game 2 in my frolov jersey.:giggle:

no seriously I will be at game 2 should they win tonight.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 04:43 PM
SCORE

Let's Go Avs!

Holy ****! Color me insanely jealous.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 04:44 PM

God loves us! :yayaya:

Hogan11
05-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Methinks you are really hoping there are still some Peter lovers among the Flyer haters.

You think wrong....I'm unconcerned about such things.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 04:59 PM
http://www.wavlist.com/soundfx/011/duck-quack1.wav

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Seems sharkie fans want us for some reason..:wiggle:

http://hfboards.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=19355

24champ
05-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Seems sharkie fans want us for some reason..:wiggle:

http://hfboards.com/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=19355
Maybe because its a quicker way to the finals?:P

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 05:20 PM

What would a Queens fan know about the path to the Finals? ;)

24champ
05-03-2006, 05:21 PM
What would a Queens fan know about the path to the Finals? ;)
Ill have to ask Barry Melrose.;D

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 05:26 PM

Read this thread some of these folks are completely stupid.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=247814&page=1&pp=25

Example:

Originally Posted by Spacemania
Dallas didn't really try in 3 of their games, Detroit played a good game though.

Colorado is good but Edmonton has a lot more heart and energy

Tredici
05-03-2006, 05:52 PM
You think wrong....I'm unconcerned about such things.

Ummm.. Hogie? That was humor. You know. Nut Sack. Peter.

Little play on words...

Okay.

Never Mind.

Pendejo
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not surprised that Sharks fans have already anointed their team the 2006 Western Conference champs. Why not? They're playing well. We'll never know if Vokoun would have made a difference, but they did handle the Preds. Offensively they're not as dynamic as Ottawa, but they're pretty darn good...and Toskala isn't too shabby in the nets.

They're a good team, and will be tough for the Avs to beat if that's the hand their dealt. But what the hell? This tournament is for the Stanley Cup, so it's pretty pointless to try and dodge teams. Might as well show up at the rink, and skate hard...the rest will take care of itself...for good or ill.

As far as dallas not trying...that's nonsense...they tried...they just weren't good enough. The AVS simply outplayed the stars.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Ill have to ask Barry Melrose.;D

Tell him I said thanks for picking Dallas when you talk to him. ;D

Tredici
05-03-2006, 05:58 PM

Example:

Dallas didn't really try in 3 of their games, Detroit played a good game though.

Ya gotta love fans. My favorite new evaluation comes from a fellow named Larry Noe who drove all the way into Detroit from Shelbyville Township to the watch game 6 with the faithful at the Hockeytown Cafe. His assessment after the game:

"What do we need?" pondered Noe when it was finally over. "We don't need new players. We don't need a new coach. We need more goals."

--That about sums it up.

:rofl:

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Check it out. Forsberg needs more ankle surgery...again, and may not even be well for the beginning of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=164771&hubname=nhl

If the Philadelphia Flyers' first-round exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs wasn't enough bad news, the team now faces the possibility of beginning next season without their top player.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that centre Peter Forsberg will need surgery on at least one, if not both, ankles and could miss the start of the 2006-07 season, according to trainer Jim McCrossin.

According to Flyers reporter Tim Panaccio, Forsberg will seek a second opinion from a doctor in Houston next week but he seems committed to having surgery this summer.

"If I want to keep on playing at the level I am, I have to get (surgery)," he said.
"I think I have to come back healthy...I have to take care of it and I have to do it this summer."

Forsberg reportedly has loose ligaments in his ankles that were more uncomfortable than painful. The condition affected his balance, put added stress on his legs and made it difficult to keep his right foot in his skate.

Forsberg could lead a lengthy list of Flyers that need surgery, including Derian Hatcher (knee), Michal Handzus (shoulder) and Sami Kapanen (shoulder).

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Forsberg has had ankle problems for years. He had two surgeries done on his ankles while he sat out the 01-02 regular season.

Just one more circumstance that suggests that next season will be his last. His body has taken an absolute beating over the years.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Forsberg has had ankle problems for years. He had two surgeries done on his ankles while he sat out the 01-02 regular season.
Just one more circumstance that suggests that next season will be his last. His body has taken an absolute beating over the years.

Yep, that's why I put the 'again' in the post. :)

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 06:58 PM

In a period of about 8 months (May 2001 to January 2002) Forsberg had his spleen removed, two surgeries on his ankles and major foot surgery. He then came back and put up 27 points in 20 playoff games for the Avs. And to think, some people at the time were questioning his dedication. :nono:

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 07:05 PM
They're saying on 950 The Fan that if Anaheim wins tonight, the Avs/Ducks series will start on Friday night. If Calgary wins, the Avs/Sharks series will start on Saturday afternoon.

Jens1893
05-03-2006, 07:10 PM

Will Kono be fit?

Jori
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Kono has been skating for months. Though, there will be an adjustment to game speed.

Jori
05-03-2006, 07:55 PM
They're saying on 950 The Fan that if Anaheim wins tonight, the Avs/Ducks series will start on Friday night. If Calgary wins, the Avs/Sharks series will start on Saturday afternoon.
An advantage for Colorado if the Ducks win, not a lot of rest time. May Anaheim win in triple OT ;D

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Quacks score!

24champ
05-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Tell him I said thanks for picking Dallas when you talk to him. ;D
He told me he is picking Colorado next round.;)

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 09:25 PM
He told me he is picking Colorado next round.;)

A pox on you and your team!

24champ
05-03-2006, 09:33 PM

Example:

here is another post by spacemania......

That and Modano got crushed in the 2nd and didn't come back for awhile, wearing out other key players in the process. Turco was great, but Theodrore was better.

uh what games was he watching?

SoCalBronco
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
We'll see if Carolina can continue to overcome the Melrose curse.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Quacks score!

quack quack 2-0

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Check it out. Forsberg needs more ankle surgery...again, and may not even be well for the beginning of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=164771&hubname=nhl

If the Philadelphia Flyers' first-round exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs wasn't enough bad news, the team now faces the possibility of beginning next season without their top player.

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that centre Peter Forsberg will need surgery on at least one, if not both, ankles and could miss the start of the 2006-07 season, according to trainer Jim McCrossin.

According to Flyers reporter Tim Panaccio, Forsberg will seek a second opinion from a doctor in Houston next week but he seems committed to having surgery this summer.

"If I want to keep on playing at the level I am, I have to get (surgery)," he said.
"I think I have to come back healthy...I have to take care of it and I have to do it this summer."

Forsberg reportedly has loose ligaments in his ankles that were more uncomfortable than painful. The condition affected his balance, put added stress on his legs and made it difficult to keep his right foot in his skate.

Forsberg could lead a lengthy list of Flyers that need surgery, including Derian Hatcher (knee), Michal Handzus (shoulder) and Sami Kapanen (shoulder).

Well is PL smelling like a rose again? and hatcher wow! what a suprise. (s)

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 10:27 PM
If the flames keep going like this we get the ducks and the oil and the sharks get to kick the crap out of eachother.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 10:36 PM
There's the empty netter to seal it, Anaheim wins 3-0. All 4 of the top seeds in the Western Conference are eliminated.

Avs/Ducks series starts on Friday night!!

Jori
05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
And here are your matchups for round two:

Eastern Conference

(1) Ottawa Senators versus (4) Buffalo Sabres
(2) Carolina versus (3) New Jersey Devils

Western Conference

(5) San Jose Sharks versus (8) Edmonton Oilers
(6) Anaheim Mighty Ducks versus (7) Colorado Avalanche

Tredici
05-03-2006, 10:40 PM
There's the empty netter to seal it, Anaheim wins 3-0. All 4 of the top seeds in the Western Conference are eliminated.

Avs/Ducks series starts on Friday night!!

Why would they start Friday and San Jose and Edmonton not start until Sunday? Seems like it would be the opposite, doesn't it?

Oh well. Congrats to the Ducks. Cracks me up everytime I see Neidermayer. He looks like he should have on a tweed jacket with elbow patches in a college classroom.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Bring on the
http://www.callducks.net/images/Dusky_flap.jpg

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 10:42 PM
Why would they start Friday and San Jose and Edmonton not start until Sunday? Seems like it would be the opposite, doesn't it?

No idea, but it means that the Ducks only get one day off after going the distance with Calgary while the Avs have been off since Sunday.

Tredici
05-03-2006, 10:44 PM
No idea, but it means that the Ducks only get one day off after going the distance with Calgary.

Not complaining. Just seems odd. Not like Annaheim, Edmonton, San Jose or Colorado have to worry about problems with basketball programming...

Selanne just said if they can hold Joe Sakic down, the rest of the Avs will go down. I think he was just yanking Joe's chain, though.

Jori
05-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Selanne has thrown down the gauntlet saying you take Sakic down you take the team down.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Selanne has thrown down the gauntlet saying you take Sakic down you take the team down.

Tell Teemu that we know that the way to render him ineffective is to give him a big contract.

Good luck taking down Sakic, Teemu. Not many have ever succeeded in that venture.

Tredici
05-03-2006, 10:49 PM

He had a twinkle in his eye. Like I said, I took it that he was yanking his buddy Super Joe's chain.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 10:49 PM
http://blogs.zdnet.com/images/elmer%20fudd.gif

Be verwwwy verwwwy verwwy quite (it's duck season)

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 10:51 PM

Good then they will forget about all the others that have been scoring playoff goals for us.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh good Lord, Barry just put the whammy on us.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM

Won't work this time. He's only picking the Avs out of spite because they sent his pick to win the Cup to the golf course. He doesn't honestly believe in that pea sized brain of his that the Avs will win, so his attempt at putting the hex on them will be ineffective.

Yeah, that's the ticket........

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 10:57 PM

Oh well. Congrats to the Ducks. Cracks me up everytime I see Neidermayer. He looks like he should have on a tweed jacket with elbow patches in a college classroom.

Niedermayer isn't that old, is he? He sure had a lot of gray goin on in his beard. Looked like Ray Bourque's beard a couple of years ago.

Anyone like to offer up their picks? I blew at the last round, so might as well see if I can keep my awesome picking up. :)

Avs over Ducks in 6
Sharks over Oil in 6
Sabres over the Sens in 7
NJ over Carolina in 5

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 10:58 PM
Won't work this time. He's only picking the Avs out of spite because they sent his pick to win the Cup to the golf course. He doesn't honestly believe in that pea sized brain of his that the Avs will win, so his attempt at putting the hex on them will be ineffective.

Yeah, that's the ticket........

Sweeeeet, I'll buy that. ;D

Tredici
05-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Here's a weird one they just mentioned on OLN. All four Eastern teams wear red, white and black.

Hope no goalie gets confused!

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 10:59 PM

THAT! SOB!

Jori
05-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :oyvey:

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 11:01 PM
He put it on the Oil too.

Clockwork Orange
05-03-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll throw my picks out there.

Sens over Sabres in 6
Devils over Hurricanes in 5
Avalanche over Ducks in 6
Oilers over Sharks in 7

SoCalBronco
05-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Ottawa in 7.
NJ in 6.
Avs in 7.
Sharks in 6.

Eventual winner of the East over the eventual winner of the West in 5 or 6.

Mtbrncofn
05-03-2006, 11:09 PM
Take note, all these picks will be bumped up and revived for posterity after the series are over. Ok, not so much for posterity, more for making fun of. :)

Killericon
05-03-2006, 11:10 PM
As a Calgarian, I will say this.

That is all.

Jori
05-03-2006, 11:25 PM
One thing is for sure, we know the Eastern Conference champion will have home ice.

As for my picks...

Ottawa over Buffalo in seven
New Jersey over Carolina in six
San Jose over Edmonton in six
Colorado over Anaheim in six

Pendejo
05-03-2006, 11:32 PM
I couldn't care less what Melrose says, or any of the other pundits for that matter.

I'm also sure that the Finnish Flash made those comments in jest...as you simply can't take Sakic down...at least without a terrible cheap shot...and even then the odds aren't in your favor. He's Super by gawd fvcking Joe.

Drop the puck...and let's get it on!!!

Breck Bronc
05-03-2006, 11:33 PM
What a crazy playoffs so far.

Senators over Sabres in 7
Devils over Hurricanes in 6

Sharks over Oilers in 5

I'm really looking forward to watching Ottawa vs. Buffalo. That should be the most entertaining series from a pure hockey standpoint.

I hope the Avs can get to Bryzgalov like they did Turco. Anaheim is going to be a lot tougher to beat than Dallas. I also hope the Flames beat up Anaheim pretty good in those seven games.

The Avs will now have had a playoff series vs. every team in the Western Conference the last 10 years except Calgary, Nashville and Columbus. And the last two haven't been in the league very long.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 11:44 PM
As a Calgarian, I will say this.

That is all.

sorry man thems the breaks the quacks came to play and sutter didn't have his boys ready.

Bronx33
05-03-2006, 11:47 PM
What a crazy playoffs so far.

Senators over Sabres in 7
Devils over Hurricanes in 6

Sharks over Oilers in 5

I'm really looking forward to watching Ottawa vs. Buffalo. That should be the most entertaining series from a pure hockey standpoint.

I hope the Avs can get to Bryzgalov like they did Turco. Anaheim is going to be a lot tougher to beat than Dallas. I also hope the Flames beat up Anaheim pretty good in those seven games.

The Avs will now have had a playoff series vs. every team in the Western Conference the last 10 years except Calgary, Nashville and Columbus. And the last two haven't been in the league very long.

I think the oil my have a ace in the hole named roloson and like the wings i think the sharks D may have a tough time clearing out the front of the net, look for pronger to have another great series.

24champ
05-04-2006, 12:03 AM
dont say I didnt warn you.:thanku:

ludo21
05-04-2006, 12:04 AM
GOOOOOOOOOO AVVVVVVVVVVSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :strong:

24champ
05-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Senators over Sabres in 5
Hurricanes over Devils in 6

Sharks over Oilers in 4 ( yes get the brooms out)
Ducks over Avalanche in 5

Mtbrncofn
05-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Senators over Sabres in 5
Hurricanes over Devils in 6

Sharks over Oilers in 4 ( yes get the brooms out)
Ducks over Avalanche in 5

Ok, did you just go and do the opposite of everyone else? You did watch the Sabres play right? You think Ottawa is going to get them in 5?

Your picks blow. ;D 'Specially that last one.

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, did you just go and do the opposite of everyone else? You did watch the Sabres play right? You think Ottawa is going to get them in 5?

I fully agree.

maher_tyler
05-04-2006, 02:14 AM
Konowalchuk cleared to play...this is f!cking awesome news!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2431449

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 02:21 AM
I think the oil my have a ace in the hole named roloson and like the wings i think the sharks D may have a tough time clearing out the front of the net, look for pronger to have another great series.

Pronger played in the Detroit series exactly the way he was expected to...pre career threatening wrist injury of course. He's a fantastic player...he can really do a lot to dictate a game...and there's not a whole lot of blueliner's that can do that. Lidstrom certainly is one...and Rob Blake was right there in his prime.

The Sharks will have their hands full with Edmonton...both teams have a lot of confidence...so it will be fun to watch. I think it will be a very tight series.

The AVS match up ok with the Ducks...so it should be a really interesting set of games. The AVS can roll 4 lines that contribute...and the Ducks can fly.

I'm going to assume that Tay-o-door's performance in game 5 against dallas was an indication of what the AVS traded for, and also what's to come. He'll be awesome again, and prove me to be a complete jackass.

Fare thee well boys...for if you play with the speed...desperation, and heart that you displayed in the first round...there won't be an AVS fan worth a damn who won't be satisfied...win or lose. But of course...win.

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:23 AM
dont say I didnt warn you.:thanku:
What's wrong with Melrose predicting a win?

The Avs went 3-1 vs. the Ducks ... with Aebischer and Budaj. Sounds like a decent prediction to me ...

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:25 AM
He must've been joking, right? Kidding around?

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 02:26 AM
What's wrong with Melrose predicting a win?

The Avs went 3-1 vs. the Ducks ... with Aebischer and Budaj. Sounds like a decent prediction to me .....

You must be new to hockey, or at the very least new to Melrose's predictions. He's an SI type jinxer. If he picks your team to win...watchout.

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 02:30 AM

You must be new to hockey, or at the very least new to Melrose's predictions. He's an SI type jinxer. If he picks your team to win...watchout.

He picked the 1 and 2 seeds to win, now they are golfing.

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 02:39 AM
He picked the 1 and 2 seeds to win, now they are golfing.

I know...see my previous post.

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:46 AM

Not new to hockey ... I go back to Don Cherry, Lanny McDonald and Wilf Paiement (in fact, didn't we trade Paiement for Lanny and ... Joel Quennville?!)

But the "Melrose Jinx" is new to me.

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 02:46 AM
Not new to hockey ... I go back to Don Cherry, Lanny McDonald and Wilf Paiement.

Ok. Now you know...it's not a good thing for Melrose to predict that the team you like will win.

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Ok. Now you know...it's not a good thing for Melrose to predict that the team you like will win.

drat...

maher_tyler
05-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Not new to hockey ... I go back to Don Cherry, Lanny McDonald and Wilf Paiement (in fact, didn't we trade Paiement for Lanny and ... Joel Quennville?!)

Don Cherry is the man...used to watch him on Hockey night in Canada when i lived in Airdrie Alberta(small town just north of Calgary)...nothing in the states has ever been as good as Hockey night in Canada!

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:50 AM
nothing in the states has ever been as good as Hockey night in Canada!

That's what everybody up there always says.

Hey, it's true! The Rockies once traded Wilf Paiement for Lanny McDonald and ....

JOEL QUENNVILLE!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilf_Paiement

1979. I think Cherry was coach then ...

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Anybody remember Rob "The Rammer" Ramage ? ?

Pezman
05-04-2006, 02:55 AM
Um.........

excuse me for a second here......

OH HELL YEAH! Avs vs the Ducks! Guess I'll be getting my duckets for Friday and Sunday!

Now, at the risk of getting my wife fired, do we dare put both of us in our Avs gear since we will be near her boss (the owner of the Ducks) Decisions, decisions... Screw it! GO AVS!

You heard it here first, the Pond will be like a home game for the Avs! Is it too late to trade Federov back to Anaheim just so I can find another reason to hate them? If not, I'm sure the Neidermeyers will be high on the hate list soon. My only real worry is facing Bryzgalov and JSG since they are both streaky and right now, both are pretty hot behind net.

*Edit*
My pick is Avs in 7
San Jose in 5

and in the East
Ottawa in 6
New Jersey in 7

Jori
05-04-2006, 03:33 AM
It's hard to hate any of the Ducks players, but not the GM.

GO Avs. Beat Team Burke!

maher_tyler
05-04-2006, 04:08 AM
That's what everybody up there always says.

Hey, it's true! The Rockies once traded Wilf Paiement for Lanny McDonald and ....

JOEL QUENNVILLE!: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilf_Paiement

1979. I think Cherry was coach then ...
I only lived up there for 3 years...i pretty much got hooked on hockey because of Canada...went to one live game and since then i've loved hockey...it was when i lived in Lethbridge, watched the Lethbridge Hurricanes...thats when Chris Phillips played for them(he plays D for Ottawa now)!

24champ
05-04-2006, 04:17 AM

I think Ottawa and the Sharks are playing high level hockey, they really havent been slowed down and the opponents never adjusted correctly. I dont see anyone beating these two teams and they will probably make the finals.

maher_tyler
05-04-2006, 04:35 AM
I think Ottawa and the Sharks are playing high level hockey, they really havent been slowed down and the opponents never adjusted correctly. I dont see anyone beating these two teams and they will probably make the finals.
i was just glad the Ducks beat out Calgary...i didn't want to face SJ! In the east i think it'll be either Ottawa or NJ...the west i think it could be anyone but the Ducks!

defenseman
05-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Buffalo over Ottawa
Carolina over New Jersey

Av's take down Anaheim
Oilers beat the Sharks.........................dman

BMF Bronco
05-04-2006, 09:33 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2431449

Don't know if this has been posted yet but looks like more offensive firepower is being added!!!!!

Tredici
05-04-2006, 09:35 AM
I only lived up there for 3 years...i pretty much got hooked on hockey because of Canada...went to one live game and since then i've loved hockey...it was when i lived in Lethbridge, watched the Lethbridge Hurricanes...thats when Chris Phillips played for them(he plays D for Ottawa now)!

The magic words are there - went to one live game. It truly is a sport if you go to once, you can become hooked for life. So much better when you can see all of the ice and everything happening during a game. I had a friend who was at best indifferent to hockey. Went with me to game at Staples Center between the Kings and Avs and it was an amazing transformation. Even seeing three guys come up and over the boards hitting the ice in unison got a reaction.

I'm so happy teams are skating again. Long die the clutch and grab and drag.

Tredici
05-04-2006, 09:38 AM

GO Avs. Beat Team Burke!

Arrrgggh. You make an excellent point.

Clockwork Orange
05-04-2006, 03:40 PM
The award finalists are in.

Hart Trophy
Jaromir Jagr
Joe Thornton
Mikka Kiprusoff

Vezina Trophy
Mikka Kiprusoff
Martin Brodeur
Henrik Lundquist

Calder Trophy
Sidney Crosby
Alexander Ovechkin
Dion Phaneuf

Selke Trophy
Jere Lehtinen
Rod Brindamour
Mike Fisher

Jack Adams Award
Peter Laviolette
Tom Renney
Lindy Ruff

Norris Trophy
Niklas Lidstrom
Scott Niedermayer
Sergei Zubov

Lady Byng Trophy
Pavel Datsyuk
Brad Richards
Patrick Marleau

Pearson Award
Jaromir Jagr
Joe Thornton
Alexander Ovechkin

The Art Ross Trophy has already been won by Joe Thornton and Jonathon Cheechoo has claimed the Rocket Richard Trophy.

Ovechkin in the top 3 for the Pearson surprised me, but it goes to show the kind of regard that his peers hold him in.

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 03:57 PM
I know...see my previous post.

I was just adding to your post.

bronco militia
05-04-2006, 04:02 PM
STOCKHOLM, Sweden -- Center Peter Forsberg, whose Philadelphia Flyers have been ousted from the Stanley Cup playoffs, has ruled himself out of the World Championship because he needs to have ankle surgery.

Forsberg
In fact, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Thursday that Forsberg might need surgery on not one, but possibly both ankles, to correct "a congenital defect."

Flyers trainer Jim McCrossin told the newspaper that surgery on Forsberg's right ankle, and maybe his left, could force the star to miss the start of next season.

"My foot didn't fit into the skate," Forsberg told the newspaper. "That is a bad situation. It's been getting worse and worse. ... It makes my heel go up and down and affects my balance. It's very annoying. You can't be your best on the ice."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2433579

Rascal
05-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Forsberg was injured...again...shocker.

Tredici
05-04-2006, 04:35 PM
Forsberg was injured...again...shocker.

I don't think it's injury. He just plays too damn hard and always has. His body is breaking down. He's going to be crippled in his old age.

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I don't think it's injury. He just plays too damn hard and always has. His body is breaking down. He's going to be crippled in his old age.

Yeah. He's so strong on his skates that it's not surprising that he has chronic feet and ankle problems. The joints can just take so much.

Al Wilson
05-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I thought Chara for sure would be a finalist for Norris.

Anyways, I couldn't care less . . . just bring the cup home.

Clockwork Orange
05-04-2006, 05:14 PM
I thought Chara for sure would be a finalist for Norris.

Anyways, I couldn't care less . . . just bring the cup home.

Zubov being a Norris finalist over Chara is a joke.

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 05:46 PM
No hockey tonight....:thumbsdow

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 05:47 PM

No doubt.

broncocalijohn
05-04-2006, 06:03 PM

GO Avs. Beat Team Burke!

Well, i guess its me (Ducks) vs the Mane. Burke helped make this team. He got rid of high payroll during the year and brought in some studs. Anybody coming out to OC for this series. Niendenmeyer brothers are ready to score at will. Let us not forget Selanne Comeback Player of the Year (IMO). Ill be there Friday. Wish I could make it out there for game 3. Ducks in 6 games - Yes!

Pezman
05-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Well, i guess its me (Ducks) vs the Mane. Burke helped make this team. He got rid of high payroll during the year and brought in some studs. Anybody coming out to OC for this series. Niendenmeyer brothers are ready to score at will. Let us not forget Selanne Comeback Player of the Year (IMO). Ill be there Friday. Wish I could make it out there for game 3. Ducks in 6 games - Yes!
I look forward to greeting you on Friday and Sunday with roughly 5000 other Avs fans cheering on our team at the Pond ;D

Bronx33
Winner pronger...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1r2v8wq-do&search=pronger

Jori
Burke is a fine GM, it was his act during the Bertuzzi/Moore incident that was a disgrace.

Maggie's picks:

Oilers
Ducks
Senators
Hurricanes

Bronx33
05-04-2006, 06:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/JesGolbez/cheliossucks.jpg

Pendejo
05-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Winner pronger...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d1r2v8wq-do&search=pronger

Hah! Is it a delay of game penalty if a defenseman puts an opposing player over the glass in their own end?

Cripes...Pronger got all of Cleary on that check.

Clockwork Orange
05-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Burke is a fine GM, it was his act during the Bertuzzi/Moore incident that was a disgrace.

He's a great GM, just ask him.

I got tired of his endless whining during his stay in Vancouver. What really took the cake for me on that front was when he called a press conference during the 2002 playoffs for the sake of having a public tantrum about how his poor little team was getting violated by the Red Wings and the referees.

Then there was the final nail in the coffin. As Jori said, his conduct during the entire Bertuzzi/Moore situation was an absolute disgrace. That killed off any chance that I could ever have even a shred of respect for him.

Jori
05-04-2006, 08:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/JesGolbez/cheliossucks.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/conpsiracyman2002/ugly-chelios.JPG

BroncoBuff
05-04-2006, 09:20 PM
I'll take Chris Pronger over the lot of 'em .... the guy's a monster.

Mogulseeker
05-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Wow, I've missed a lot this underway.

Philly's out. This makes me very happy.
So is Detroit and Calgary. This makes me very happy
We get a chance to **** over Burke. This makes me very happy

Zubov over Chara? Ridiculous.....

Mtbrncofn
05-04-2006, 10:19 PM

Maggie's picks:

Oilers
Ducks
Senators
Hurricanes

Aww, Maggie turned on us.

broncocalijohn
05-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Wow, I've missed a lot this underway.

Philly's out. This makes me very happy.
So is Detroit and Calgary. This makes me very happy
We get a chance to **** over Burke. This makes me very happy

Zubov over Chara? Ridiculous.....

Didnt know a GM could decide if you are rooting for a team or not. I understand the hatred for some of you , but he has been pretty quiet this year and the players deserve the respect for this series not the GM. PEZ, if you are going to the game, where are u sitting? Maybe ill bring a Broncos hat to show my alliance to the MANE.

24champ
05-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Didnt know a GM could decide if you are rooting for a team or not. I understand the hatred for some of you , but he has been pretty quiet this year and the players deserve the respect for this series not the GM. PEZ, if you are going to the game, where are u sitting? Maybe ill bring a Broncos hat to show my alliance to the MANE.
I think I will be at game two so Ill be rooting for an all-california western conference finals!

Mtbrncofn
05-05-2006, 01:44 AM

When you've had the history that our team has had with that POS, it certainly can decide who you are rooting against. :) We don't care who it is at this point, we just want to win. The fact that it could be Cryin' Brian's team we beat is icing on the cake.

broncocalijohn
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
I think I will be at game two so Ill be rooting for an all-california western conference finals!

you gonna make me find a certain post about never rooting for the Ducks?

24champ
05-05-2006, 02:24 AM
you gonna make me find a certain post about never rooting for the Ducks?
I said I wont root for them in the finals...;)

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
http://mas.scripps.com/DRMN/2006/05/04/433402657-_o.jpg
Kono!

Pezman
05-05-2006, 12:15 PM

I'll be in section 219 row b tonight BroncoCali, and in section 227 row d on Sunday. Look for the guy in the Avs gear... oh wait, that might be difficult since there will be A TON of us in Avs gear there Ha! Check your PM's later and we'll coordinate a meet and greet bro. GO AVS!!!

BMF Bronco
05-05-2006, 12:20 PM
anyone else as jacked as I am about tonight's game?!

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 12:25 PM
I'll be in section 219 row b tonight BroncoCali, and in section 227 row d on Sunday. Look for the guy in the Avs gear... oh wait, that might be difficult since there will be A TON of us in Avs gear there Ha! Check your PM's later and we'll coordinate a meet and greet bro. GO AVS!!!

Pez are you going to sneak a digi in?

Pezman
05-05-2006, 12:33 PM

I only have my camera phone and my dslr cam so I guess I'll be stuck taking camera phone sh*tty pix bro. But, I'll try and get ahold of a second camera if I can so we can post a few pix from the game tonight. Do you have Verizon by chance Bronx? I could always forward the pix to your phone as well. Let me know

BMF Bronco
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I only have my camera phone and my dslr cam so I guess I'll be stuck taking camera phone sh*tty pix bro. But, I'll try and get ahold of a second camera if I can so we can post a few pix from the game tonight. Do you have Verizon by chance Bronx? I could always forward the pix to your phone as well. Let me know
I sure as hell do!!!! Can I PM you my number?

Pezman
05-05-2006, 12:39 PM
I sure as hell do!!!! Can I PM you my number?
Do it! I'm really pumped about tonight's game. The Avs come in totally rested and I'm sure if we can play into that, we're gonna steamroll them tonight on the boards. Cant wait!

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 02:42 PM

Nope :(

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 02:46 PM
MT do you have you lucky jersey ready?

Clockwork Orange
05-05-2006, 02:49 PM
This is gonna be a great series. It'll be interesting to see the rest vs rust possibility for the Avs.

alkemical
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
philly curse!

who still doubts?

bronco militia
05-05-2006, 03:01 PM
uh oh..guess who picked the avs to beat the ducks....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/index?conf=west

defenseman
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Yeah, we know militia. However, the secret behind the back, cross fingered, in funkenwagnalls mayonaisse jar on the porch, un hex was used prior to him completing the sentence. Sooooooo, we're OK...dman

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 03:08 PM
Yeah, we know militia. However, the secret behind the back, cross fingered, in funkenwagnalls mayonaisse jar on the porch, un hex was used prior to him completing the sentence. Sooooooo, we're OK...dman

Plus iam going to kill a chicken and maybe some potato salad before game time.

defenseman
05-05-2006, 03:09 PM
I'll sacrifice an alpaca to boot, how's that?...dman

Nuggets4
05-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Plus iam going to kill a chicken and maybe some potato salad before game time.

Personally, I prefer to ritually sacrifice a steak, but that's just me.

broncocalijohn
05-05-2006, 03:13 PM
you told me 204 in the PM. Let me know which one you arent occupying so myself and son can take those great seats! If you are parking in the lot, bring some beers so we can shoot the SHEAT and drink some non watered down $1 beers during intermission. I park for free but too far of a walk between periods.

FADERPROOF
05-05-2006, 03:31 PM
Go Avs

Pezman
05-05-2006, 04:52 PM
Section 204 Row D Broncoscali... my bad, I confused game 5 and 7 tix with this one. And yes, I already ordered those tickets through the wifes connection at work hehe ;D

GO AVS!

Bronx33
05-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Sens up 2-1 after 3 freaking minutes..