PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:21 PM
I put on my jersey and lucky hat to start the 3rd, just so ya know they won because of me.

Well I had my lucky jersey on too, so :P! This one is gold, I don't even wear this one that much, but I decided this morning....this is the one.

Ok, who's yours?

Bronx33
The refs were just plain ****ty tonight but we over came them.

Bronx33
Well I had my lucky jersey on too, so :P! This one is gold, I don't even wear this one that much, but I decided this morning....this is the one.

Ok, who's yours?

My sakic i bought the very first season.

Kid A
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Sounds like they are now crediting the goal to who else, Joe Sakic. The game was more exciting than it should have been, but this team is was resilient down the stretch, despite the penalties.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Joe, huh?

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Sounds like they are now crediting the goal to who else, Joe Sakic. The game was more exciting than it should have been, but this team is was resilient down the stretch, despite the penalties.

If so that means joe passes the rocket in playoff OT goals.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:26 PM
Which is also cool, but the look on Liles face was priceless.

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 11:27 PM
woohoo...the Duke is back!..a 4 point game from Hejduk.

Paladin
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
That was a hellacious shot by Lilles. Tough game. Stars were trying to cut off the avs at the blue line (like the Dead Wings used to do to them all the time), and they made that work for quite a while. Eventually the game got too fast for the Stars.

Gotta love their chances to win the series now.

ludo21
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
YESSSSSSSSS

I left and it was 3-0, man what a job by the Stars, but even better by the AVVSS!!!

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Joe, huh?

Ummm ya that ok?

Jori
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Who would have thunk it...the #7 seeds have 2-0 leads in their respective series.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
Just think how it'd be if Tang would kick it in the ass and quit taking stupid penalties.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Ummm ya that ok?

Yep. On ELtitude, they're still crediting Liles with it.

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 11:36 PM
Who would have thunk it...the #7 seeds have 2-0 leads in their respective series.

for some reason, the #7 seeds have a lot of success in the nhl playoffs

Jori
04-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Great line from Liles...he mentioned that only the monkey from TSN picked the Avs to win. :giggle: Hilarious!

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 11:38 PM
I never want to see these two ref our game ever again (Marc Joannette, Dean Warren)

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Great line from Liles...he mentioned that only the monkey from TSN picked the Avs to win. :giggle: Hilarious!

As opposed to the chimp from ESPN who picked Dallas.:giggle:

Jori
04-24-2006, 11:41 PM
As opposed to the chimp from ESPN who picked Dallas.:giggle:
^5 Hilarious!

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 11:46 PM
the smellrose curse is in full affect...stars/canes are both 0-2

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:49 PM
for some reason, the #7 seeds have a lot of success in the nhl playoffs

That 7 is just a good number. ;)

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 11:50 PM
That 7 is just a good number. ;)

oh yeah 8')

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 11:53 PM
Ha ha....Bob McKenzie thinks Gauthier should be suspended.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
the smellrose curse is in full affect...stars/canes are both 0-2

His calls are gold!

Tredici
04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Sneaking out of Dallas with two W's. Whew. My new puppy isn't used to playoff hockey. When the OT goal went in I made so much she peed on the floor... Gonna have to toughen this dog up.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 12:04 AM

You're right. The official scoresheet gives it to Sakic from Liles and Hejduk.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20052006/GS030162.HTM

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:08 AM
LOL Lindy Ruff calling the Flyers, idiots and pissin Hitch off. Ha!
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163772&hubname=nhl

"Use a different word if you want, but I thought they did," Ruff said. "The more they acted like idiots, the more we wanted to play."

Hitchcock took one more question before abruptly leaving the podium. On his way out, he used two profanities in muttering aloud that Ruff should mind his own business

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:10 AM
Sneaking out of Dallas with two W's. Whew. My new puppy isn't used to playoff hockey. When the OT goal went in I made so much she peed on the floor... Gonna have to toughen this dog up.

LOL Well my kids have lived with me their whole lives and they should know how it goes. When the goal went in here, I screamed "wahoo" really loud...and was rewarded with a sleepy and grouchy, "Mooooommmm, knock it off."

Breck Bronc
04-25-2006, 12:16 AM
The Avs have played more playoff games than any team in the last decade and tonight vs. Dallas might have been the most entertaining of all of them.

What a roller coaster; the first period was another dominating Avalanche effort to follow up on game 1, then the Stars got every break imaginable to take a 4-3 lead into the third period, only to see a great shorthanded effort by Sakic, Hejduk and Brett Clark tie the game with less than 2 minutes left. We go into overtime and Arnott hits the post, followed by another great effort by Sakic and Hejduk to set up Liles for the thrilling game winner.

It boggles my mind that hockey isn't more popular. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are so great.

RedskinBronco
04-25-2006, 12:20 AM
wow was this game crazy or what. Avs are set if they continue to work hard. Dallas is a good road team, but the Avs should be able to take advantage of this quick start if they continue the persistence.

halfcreek
04-25-2006, 12:21 AM
woohoo...the Duke is back!..a 4 point game from Hejduk.
But his play at the end of the second period, not shooting the puck into the Stars and ending the period and instead letting it be stolen, set up the Dallas go ahead goal. He got it back with his rush on the short-handed goal.

bronco militia
04-25-2006, 12:25 AM
But his play at the end of the second period, not shooting the puck into the Stars and ending the period and instead letting it be stolen, set up the Dallas go ahead goal. He got it back with his rush on the short-handed goal.

letting it be stolen?....give the stars credt...IMO, the stars only dominated a few minutes of this entire game and most of them were in the final minutes of the 2nd period.....even after the game was 3-3, I never thought the Stars were on there game...but heck, all it takes is a couple of funny bounces and they were back in it.

Breck Bronc
04-25-2006, 12:30 AM
But his play at the end of the second period, not shooting the puck into the Stars and ending the period and instead letting it be stolen, set up the Dallas go ahead goal. He got it back with his rush on the short-handed goal.That was a bad play, which he more than made up for with 1 goal and 3 assists.

I thought the worst play in the second period was when Sakic uncharacteristicly turned the puck over in his own zone, leading to the goal that went off Blake's stick and over Theodore into the net (with Joe watching the puck in the air and doing nothing about it). Joey also made up for his mistake later in the game.

The Stars play better on the road, but the Avs are better at home, so that shouldn't make a big difference. The biggest thing in this series so far is Colorado's ability to light up Marty Turco. You have to think Turco has 0% confidence right now facing the Avalanche when you take into account the first two games of this series and the 5 games in 2004.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:32 AM
Turco = my favorite goalie. ;D

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Ha ha....Bob McKenzie thinks Gauthier should be suspended.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

That's funny they put their arms up in the the air tonight and it wasn't even a penalty.;D

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 12:45 AM
LOL Lindy Ruff calling the Flyers, idiots and pissin Hitch off. Ha!
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163772&hubname=nhl

"Use a different word if you want, but I thought they did," Ruff said. "The more they acted like idiots, the more we wanted to play."

Hitchcork took one more question before abruptly leaving the podium. On his way out, he used two profanities in muttering aloud that Ruff should mind his own business

Iam sure ruff is only concerned about hitches weight problem and heart desease.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 12:50 AM

I remember that, i was POed.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Turco = my favorite goalie. ;D

Turco and the playoffs have never gotten along.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
If its alright with everyone, we're gonna retire this thread and start an official Stanley Cup playoff thread on the main page so that load times wont be affecting the site and the bandwidth (good god, this thread is a behemoth heh)

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:02 AM
One hell of a win by the Avs tonight. Super Joe comes through in the clutch yet again and we steal back a game that we damn well should have lost had it not been for some magical heroics late.

Going back to Denver up 2-0 is beyond my wildest dreams.

broncocalijohn
04-25-2006, 01:03 AM
please continue to amaze Avs so ducks can avoid Red Wings if they go to 2nd round. Calgary back at the pond should have some good fights if last weeks reg season game was any indication. Here is hoping for a predators (kariya) versus ducks 2nd round. Great win Avs. Nothing like going up 2 to 0 and being at home.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I like this thread.

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/DNA10904250503.jpg

Super Joe makes history with his NHL record 7th playoff OT game winner.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:05 AM
I like this thread.
I knew you'd complain :giggle:

Its more of a load time thing though so dont take it personally MT :)

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
The 'other' thread was better.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Did I say I was taking it personally? Just stated I liked this thread.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:09 AM
I like this thread.

Well i love this thread!

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Did I say I was taking it personally? Just stated I liked this thread.

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.
http://theroadhousedobes.com/Crybaby.jpg

Ha!

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:11 AM
This just doesn't feel the same.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 01:17 AM
The replay is just starting up on Altitude for all the junkies.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
This just doesn't feel the same.\

My advice on getting comfortable with this new thread is from the prophet "Garth"

"It's like a new pair of underwear: at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

http://www.danacarvey.net/images/garth.gif

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:22 AM
\

My advice on getting comfortable with this new thread is from the prophet "Garth"

"It's like a new pair of underwear: at first it's constrictive, but then it becomes a part of you."

http://www.danacarvey.net/images/garth.gif

Your a mean ass mod and you always have been.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:25 AM
Your a mean ass mod and you always have been.
Ha! You know you wuv me Bronx ;D

You going to try and get tix for game 3 or 4 bro? I cant wait to hear the clowns in Dallas morning radio explain this last loss for the "Team of destiny" by the way. Now that is comedy gold :thumbsup:

Hey, what the hell is happening to Philly's Foppa express? Good lord was that an ugly game.

Breck Bronc
04-25-2006, 01:27 AM
I would have liked to see the General Hockey Thread play itself out for the entire season, but oh well.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 01:30 AM
Blake scores!

The replay of Game 2 is going exactly as it went live earlier tonight, so far. That can only be good news for the Avs.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:31 AM
Ha! You know you wuv me Bronx ;D

You going to try and get tix for game 3 or 4 bro? I cant wait to hear the clowns in Dallas morning radio explain this last loss for the "Team of destiny" by the way. Now that is comedy gold :thumbsup:

Hey, what the hell is happening to Philly's Foppa express? Good lord was that an ugly game.

Ya iam going to try i was going to see if disco wanted to go.

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 01:31 AM
I cant wait to hear the clowns in Dallas morning radio explain this last loss for the "Team of destiny" by the way. Now that is comedy gold.

LOL

Team of destiny? Ha!

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:34 AM
LOL

Team of destiny? Ha!

That always happens when the methane levels get to high.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:39 AM
LOL

Team of destiny? Ha!

Oh you of all people should appreciate the homerism that the wacky Dallas sports radiogeeks were playing up last week. They even had Dennis Dodd from Sportsline saying that if they will most likely sweep the Avs or take them in 5, and that they should rehire Ken Hitchcock and lace him up for a game to be gentle on the Avs.

Karma is a bitch Stars homers... Then again, its better to hear from Dallas homer than the local Lakers/Ducks/Clippers homers here fouling up the radio waves all the time.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:41 AM
Oh you of all people should appreciate the homerism that the wacky Dallas sports radiogeeks were playing up last week. They even had Dennis Dodd from Sportsline saying that if they will most likely sweep the Avs or take them in 5, and that they should rehire Ken Hitchcork and lace him up for a game to be gentle on the Avs.

Karma is a b**** Stars homers... Then again, its better to hear from Dallas homer than the local Lakers/Ducks/Clippers homers here fouling up the radio waves all the time.

I can't wait to hear the TO dallas fan smack next season, then the mushroom cloud over dallas.

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 01:46 AM
Oh you of all people should appreciate the homerism that the wacky Dallas sports radiogeeks were playing up last week. They even had Dennis Dodd from Sportsline saying that if they will most likely sweep the Avs or take them in 5, and that they should rehire Ken Hitchcork and lace him up for a game to be gentle on the Avs.

They must have forgot that the last time they saw the Avs in the playoffs, the Stars got peckerslapped out of the postseason in 5 games.

Looks like they've been given a friendly reminder. :wiggle:

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 01:48 AM
I noticed one thing during the national anthem that the fans would yell stars (during) the anthem, iam i a dick thinking thats wrong? and one should be quite during that song?

Pezman
04-25-2006, 02:02 AM
They must have forgot that the last time they saw the Avs in the playoffs, the Stars got peckerslapped out of the postseason in 5 games.

Looks like they've been given a friendly reminder. :wiggle:

Is it just me or does anyone else get sheer enjoyment out of beating the snot out of Dallas in the playoffs every chance we get. Aside from watching Detroit winning it all lately, there was no more painful and excruciating championship than watching that punk team win it in June of '99. Screw the Stars. I want a sweep!

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 02:05 AM
there was no more painful and excruciating championship than watching that punk team win it in June of '99.

http://www.hollandsentinel.com/images/062199/spo_stars.jpg

I still call bull**** on that one.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 02:10 AM
I noticed one thing during the national anthem that the fans would yell stars (during) the anthem, iam i a dick thinking thats wrong? and one should be quite during that song?

I thought it was inappropriate as well.

But then, I think the national anthem is too important to be cheapened by playing it before a sporting event. I can't remember it ever being played before, say, an opera.

maher_tyler
04-25-2006, 02:32 AM
Originally Posted by MightySmurf
I take joy in the suffering of the Flyers.... they shouldent have signed Forsberg. Well, that and loser-ass fans like Philly.

Flyers suck.

Comments like this make it awfully difficult to remain cordial.

Pretty much...Forsburg is aurguably the best player in the league, what an idiot...i would take Forsburg back in a heart beat!!!

maher_tyler
04-25-2006, 02:42 AM
One hell of a win by the Avs tonight. Super Joe comes through in the clutch yet again and we steal back a game that we damn well should have lost had it not been for some magical heroics late.

Going back to Denver up 2-0 is beyond my wildest dreams.
WHAT...should have lost?!?! Those were the luckiest 4 goals i've seen...we were up 3-0...i don't understand why you think we should have lost.

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 02:52 AM
WHAT...should have lost?!?! Those were the luckiest 4 goals i've seen...we were up 3-0...i don't understand why you think we should have lost.

Yeah. Should have lost.

It doesn't matter how their goals were scored. They were scored.

It's not a matter of justice. It's just hockey.

The Avs were behind and in danger of losing. They took the game back after 38 minutes or so of doing nothing except blowing a three-goal lead.

The good guys should have lost after blowing that kind of a lead and waiting so long to get the game back.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 02:54 AM

Luck is part of the game. Dont get me wrong, the fact that we were down up to that incredible short-handed goal in the waning moments was the only bail out point to what could have been a real horrific loss. I'm feeling rather happy that we created the opportunity to get ourselves back into an overtime situation where we could start fresh. This club knew they were in deep trouble going into that homestretch of the 3rd but they answered with heart and desire and I think it will go a long way in keeping momentum with the Avs in game 3

ClevelandBronco
04-25-2006, 02:57 AM
Forsburg is aurguably the best player in the league...i would take Forsburg back in a heart beat!!!

Agreed.

On a conditional contract that would pay him only when he's healthy (which may not be legal under the NHLPA).

Otherwise, he's not worth it, and I'm glad PL passed.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2006, 06:40 AM
Forsberg is the best player in the league. The Flyers still shoulden't have signed him.

Karma bitches.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2006, 06:43 AM

Only if you like America ;)

Mogulseeker
04-25-2006, 06:48 AM
Well i love this thread!

I'm in love with this thread.

Boogerboots
04-25-2006, 07:51 AM
Not sure if this is coincidence or karma. Both Montreal and Colorado make the big trade swapping goalies. Both come in as 7th seed in their respective conferences. Both win the first two games on the road. First game was by a blowout ( COL 5 DAL 2, MTL 6 CAR 1 ) while second game went into OT after each team tossed 3 goal leads only to come back and win in OT.

Might be some hockey karma going on here.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-25-2006, 08:28 AM
I thought it was inappropriate as well.

But then, I think the national anthem is too important to be cheapened by playing it before a sporting event. I can't remember it ever being played before, say, an opera.
Cheapened?
Too important to be played at sporting events?

Uh, OK, right.

bronco militia
04-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Not sure if this is coincidence or karma. Both Montreal and Colorado make the big trade swapping goalies. Both come in as 7th seed in their respective conferences. Both win the first two games on the road. First game was by a blowout ( COL 5 DAL 2, MTL 6 CAR 1 ) while second game went into OT after each team tossed 3 goal leads only to come back and win in OT.

Might be some hockey karma going on here.

lol..Smellrose picked a the Stars and Canes in the Cup final...the Smellrose curse is in full affect.

bronco militia
04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
If its alright with everyone, we're gonna retire this thread and start an official Stanley Cup playoff thread on the main page so that load times wont be affecting the site and the bandwidth (good god, this thread is a behemoth heh)

1st my avatar, and now this?!?!? you go to the box...2 minutes for sucking

Smiling Assassin27
04-25-2006, 09:46 AM
Nice Job, Avvies! Sweep Those Bastidges Out!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:03 AM

We noticed that too, and I also thought it was kind of disrespectful.

Smiling Assassin27
04-25-2006, 10:05 AM
although i'm sure if they were chanting Red Wings suck, it'd have been all good..;)

bronco militia
04-25-2006, 10:07 AM
although i'm sure if they were chanting Red Wings suck, it'd have been all good..;)

of course ;D

by the way, if the avs lose game 3 pezmen gets a kick to the nuts for messing with our hockey threadHa!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:09 AM
of course ;D

by the way, if the avs lose game 3 pezmen gets a kick to the nuts for messing with our hockey threadHa!

Ha! Yeah!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:10 AM

Well DUH! ;)

Naw, I agree with Bronx...I think it's a respect thing and you should be silent and not pimpin your team out in the singing of the national anthem.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:12 AM
If its alright with everyone, we're gonna retire this thread

No, it is NOT alright. Damnit.

Tredici
04-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Yeah. Should have lost.

It doesn't matter how their goals were scored. They were scored.

It's not a matter of justice. It's just hockey.

The Avs were behind and in danger of losing. They took the game back after 38 minutes or so of doing nothing except blowing a three-goal lead.

The good guys should have lost after blowing that kind of a lead and waiting so long to get the game back.

They should've lost because Dallas was on the PP for NINE minutes in the last period. They should've lost because that also included a lengthy 5 on 3. They should've lost because Blake scored one of Dallas' goals. They should've lost because it was going to take a shorty to tie it up. They should've lost because Arnott beat everybody - but the post. (They should've lost because when Jose doesn't know where the puck is he needs to back into the goal and hunker down.

But the fact that they never gave in, means they should not lose. And they didn't.

I hope Quinneville takes a page from Buffalo's playbook. Bring those big Dallas bodies in, get a lead and then just skate around as fast as you can carrying the puck.

Tredici
04-25-2006, 11:04 AM
Well DUH! ;)

Naw, I agree with Bronx...I think it's a respect thing and you should be silent and not pimpin your team out in the singing of the national anthem.

For years at the football games the crowd has sung "And the home of the BRONCOS".

Smiling Assassin27
04-25-2006, 11:14 AM
now if you wanna do those shenanigans during O Canada, feel free...

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:34 PM
For years at the football games the crowd has sung "And the home of the BRONCOS".

Really...didn't know that.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:35 PM
They should've lost because Dallas was on the PP for NINE minutes in the last period. They should've lost because that also included a lengthy 5 on 3. They should've lost because Blake scored one of Dallas' goals. They should've lost because it was going to take a shorty to tie it up. They should've lost because Arnott beat everybody - but the post. (They should've lost because when Jose doesn't know where the puck is he needs to back into the goal and hunker down.

But the fact that they never gave in, means they should not lose. And they didn't.

I hope Quinneville takes a page from Buffalo's playbook. Bring those big Dallas bodies in, get a lead and then just skate around as fast as you can carrying the puck.

Yeah, I don't think Hitch got the memo about the new NHL. Big, lumbering defensemen just don't get it done. *cough* Hatcher* cough

Pezman
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm calling my shot now. Anaheim will win tonight at home. I still think Calgary could very well end up winning this series, but the Ducks have looked damn impressive in both games. If Teemu and Niedermayer stay hot, along with JS, the Flames could be in trouble. I have to think, the Ducks might be a damn scary team to deal with next year since they are still so young.

By the way, I admit, I havent been watching the "first" season nearly as much as I wanted to, but now that the "second" season has begun again, is there nothing better than the NHL playoffs? My only real complaint is the OLN coverage. It seems much better than when they started, but I still think they have alot of improvement to make.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 12:58 PM
I hope the Duckies win. I want Calgary gone.

I am just stoked that I now OLN to complain about now! !Booya!

Nuggets4
04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
By the way, I admit, I havent been watching the "first" season nearly as much as I wanted to, but now that the "second" season has begun again, is there nothing better than the NHL playoffs? My only real complaint is the OLN coverage. It seems much better than when they started, but I still think they have alot of improvement to make.

Is it just me or do they need to zoom out? Their coverage feels too "tight" to me.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 01:02 PM
I hope the Duckies win. I want Calgary gone.

I am just stoked that I now OLN to complain about now! !Booya!

I have to admit, I've started enjoying going to Ducks games this season, if only because the hardcore fans who care about this club really are good hockey fans and not the fake plastic SoCal bandwagoners in every other sport. Plus, it feels so much better when the Avs come to town and I can rag on Ducks fan along with the other half of the arena in Avs gear ;D

I know OLN got the rights to the NHL at the last minute but they really have done an ok job so far. I just want the camerawork to be better and I'll be happy. Plus, its great to see them showing games from all over the league and not just the usual suspects all the time.

Pendejo
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
I have to admit, I've started enjoying going to Ducks games this season, if only because the hardcore fans who care about this club really are good hockey fans and not the fake plastic SoCal bandwagoners in every other sport. Plus, it feels so much better when the Avs come to town and I can rag on Ducks fan along with the other half of the arena in Avs gear ;D

I know OLN got the rights to the NHL at the last minute but they really have done an ok job so far. I just want the camerawork to be better and I'll be happy. Plus, its great to see them showing games from all over the league and not just the usual suspects all the time.

I was disappointed with a lack of some replays last night. I understand they can't show everything twice...but they spend a lot of time zooming in on players when there's a stoppage when they could show a replay. For example...Blake's delay of game penalty. Rob seemed disgusted, and Quennville was gesturing that the puck was tipped...instead of seeing a replay we got to look at the crowd, and faces while the action was halted.

I want to see the play again to find out if I have something to whine about.

bronco militia
04-25-2006, 01:19 PM
I was disappointed with a lack of some replays last night. I understand they can't show everything twice...but they spend a lot of time zooming in on players when there's a stoppage when they could show a replay. For example...Blake's delay of game penalty. Rob seemed disgusted, and Quennville was gesturing that the puck was tipped...instead of seeing a replay we got to look at the crowd, and faces while the action was halted.

move back to Gods countr.....errrrrrrr Colorado and enjoy the fine work of Altitude

Pendejo
04-25-2006, 01:26 PM
move back to Gods countr.....errrrrrrr Colorado and enjoy the fine work of Altitude

Hah! I think I'll just deal with not seeing replays instead.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM

Nothing would make me happier.

Hogan11
04-25-2006, 02:54 PM
No, it is NOT alright. Damnit.

I agree with MTB here.

With all the other utterly useless threads on here taking up bandwidth, why retire one that is not only active with hockey fans but itself worthy of the Ring of Fame?

It's a bad move IMO and with luck, hopefully it'll be reversed.

alkemical
04-25-2006, 03:01 PM
yeah, we used an existing thread, that's why it's decivingly Ginormous.

We didn't start 55 hockey threads (save you avs & flyer fans)

Pezman
04-25-2006, 03:55 PM

I wonder if I can order Altitude on my Directv... hmm......

Pendejo
04-25-2006, 04:01 PM

I think so. If you go to the channel it gives you a number to call for ordering information.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-25-2006, 04:05 PM

I think it was tipped the way everyone was reacting.

You can order NHL Center Ice...

http://tinyurl.com/pud86

Pezman
04-25-2006, 04:06 PM
I think so. If you go to the channel it gives you a number to call for ordering information.

My worry good doctor, is that it wont be included in the Sports pack and I would have to order it seperately. I'll try get some results asap and post my findings.

Meanwhile we're t-minus 2 hours from the Senators v Lightning game. God I hate living on the West coast. If I'm lucky, I'll make it home just in time to see the end of the third period of that game. Suck.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 04:07 PM
I think it was tipped the way everyone was reacting.

You can order NHL Center Ice...

http://tinyurl.com/pud86

I'll use that as a last option Slug. Thanks for the tip!

BMF Bronco
04-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Yea, I got it on my dish network, but then again I am in Montana, the king of all Rocky Mountain States

Jori
04-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think Hitch got the memo about the new NHL. Big, lumbering defensemen just don't get it done. *cough* Hatcher* cough
That was my argument about Philly when they signed Hatcher and Rathje. The Flyers defense as a whole cannot handle the speed of the Sabres forwards. I'm also surprised at how Chris Drury has outplayed Peter Forsberg. I know Foppa is injured, but I've seen an injured Forsberg still be the best player in the NHL.

Tredici
04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Soon to be a Press Conference in Vancouver.

Rumor has it Crawford is free to pursue other interests...

Pezman
04-25-2006, 04:41 PM
Soon to be a Press Conference in Vancouver.

Rumor has it Crawford is free to pursue other interests...

Buh bye Craw.

Report: Canucks fire head coach Crawford

TSN.ca Staff

4/25/2006 4:29:22 PM

The Vancouver Canucks have called a news conference for 6:30pm et/3:30pm pt where they are expected to announce the firing of head coach Marc Crawford, according to MOJO Radio in Vancouver.

According to MOJO, no replacement has been named.

With Crawford at the helm this season, the Canucks finished with a 42-32-8 record and failed to make the playoffs for the first time in six years.

Crawford holds a career record of 411 wins and 285 regulation losses in 823 regular season games.

He was hired as coach in 1999 and holds the club record for wins with 246.

Crawford began his NHL coaching career with the Quebec Nordiques in 1994 and in his first season became the youngest coach to win the Jack Adams Award for coach of the year. He became the third-youngest coach in NHL history to win a Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche in 1996. Crawford coached the Avalanche for two more seasons and left the club after the 1997-98 campaign.

In 1998, Crawford coached Canada's Men's Olympic Hockey team, the first to feature NHL players in a 'dream tournament' in Nagano. Under Crawford, the Canadian team finished fourth behind Finland, Russia and the Czech Republic.

Crawford played his entire six-year NHL career with the Canucks.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163847&hubname=nhl

Tredici
04-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Buh bye Craw.

Crawford coached the Avalanche for two more seasons and left the club after the 1997-98 campaign.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163847&hubname=nhl

That's funny. Makes it sound like he just got up one morning and started driving North.

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
That's funny. Makes it sound like he just got up one morning and started driving North.

Nah, there was some "dust settling" before that. ;D

Good riddance Crawford.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 04:44 PM
HEY! Most of the Avs fans post in this one...I say most, here. :) Those other threads were started by people who decided to watch hockey just for the playoffs. Bandwaggoners.

This thread has character, so it should stay and we should keep using it. :D

Pezman
04-25-2006, 04:45 PM
HEY! Most of the Avs fans post in this one...I say most, here. :) Those other threads were started by people who decided to watch hockey just for the playoffs. Bandwaggoners.
:wave:

R.I.P. General Hockey thread ;D

(Dont worry Mt, we'll merge the playoff thread back into this one after the season)

alkemical
04-25-2006, 04:47 PM
facist

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Hah! I think I'll just deal with not seeing replays instead.

Huh, I thought everyone got Altitude. Is it only in this part of the country?

Jori
04-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Looks like the Canucks are finally canning Crawford.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163847&hubname=

Pezman
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/IAO-logo.png/225px-IAO-logo.png

:pimp:

alkemical
04-25-2006, 04:49 PM
I'd like my pens to hire pat quinn for GM

alkemical
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d1/IAO-logo.png/225px-IAO-logo.png

:pimp:

hahaha!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 04:50 PM
That was my argument about Philly when they signed Hatcher and Rathje. The Flyers defense as a whole cannot handle the speed of the Sabres forwards. I'm also surprised at how Chris Drury has outplayed Peter Forsberg. I know Foppa is injured, but I've seen an injured Forsberg still be the best player in the NHL.

Did everyone see Forsberg lose his cool last night and take a couple of shots?

Jori
04-25-2006, 04:52 PM
That's been one of Peter's weaknesses. If you frustrate him, he can easily get off his game. I've seen games where Forsberg is a non factor because he'll want to get back at somebody who has been agitating him.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
:wave:

R.I.P. General Hockey thread ;D

(Dont worry Mt, we'll merge the playoff thread back into this one after the season)

Gay.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Gay.
http://www.jjsedelmaier.com/images/animation/tv_broadcast/carvey/antv_dcs_01_a.jpg

ROFL!

BMF Bronco
04-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Ace and Gary!!!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
So Quinn to Vancouver and Craw to Toronto? :) He has to love a guy like Darcy Tucker.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
That's been one of Peter's weaknesses. If you frustrate him, he can easily get off his game. I've seen games where Forsberg is a non factor because he'll want to get back at somebody who has been agitating him.

But you still have to LOVE that hit he laid out on Jarko Ruutu in the gold medal game in the Olympics.

Jori
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
So Quinn to Vancouver and Craw to Toronto? :) He has to love a guy like Darcy Tucker.
Paul Maurice seems to be the leader in the club house for the Toronto job. TSN just mentioned Alain Vigneault as a possible candidate for Vancouver.

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
http://www.canoe.ca/SlamNaganoAthletesImages/foote100x150.jpg
"I was a rock-solid defensive defenseman for the Avs who drew the opposing teams top line every game."

http://my.internetacademy.jp/~s1202318/NHL/guys/ozo1.jpg
"I pinch."

Al Wilson
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
Kicking ass is what we do.

REV UP THE RED BABY

Clockwork Orange
04-25-2006, 09:25 PM
You'd think that Chris Dingman, being a veteran and a member of two Stanley Cup winning teams, would be smart enough to avoid getting suckered into handing the opposition a 7 minute power play. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Come on Wings, gotta win this game.

I absolutely hate to see 8s beat 1s (that I dont otherwise hate). Ive never been comfortable with the whole idea that you can make up for a crappy season in one series. If an 8 should be allowed to beat a 1 and basically overturn the entire regular season, there should be a heavy burden, i.e. all 7 games at the 1's home ice, and the 1 starts out with a 2 goal lead in each game. If the 8 seed can overcome all that too win the series than fine.

Pezman
04-25-2006, 09:42 PM

I absolutely hate to see 8s beat 1s (that I dont otherwise hate). Ive never been comfortable with the whole idea that you can make up for a crappy season in one series. If an 8 should be allowed to beat a 1 and basically overturn the entire regular season, there should be a heavy burden, i.e. all 7 games at the 1's home ice, and the 1 starts out with a 2 goal lead in each game. If the 8 seed can overcome all that too win the series than fine.
Better that an 8 beats a 1 in a series rather than in just a one game playoff though bro. Personally, if an 8 seed wins a 4 game series, they've earned it outright in my mind, despite their regular season record.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 09:43 PM
I'd love to see the Wings knocked out. ;D

I think the Tampa goal horn guy was drunk or something tonite. For the first 4 Ottawa goals, they were sounding the horn. I've never seen that done for a visitor. After they piled on a few more, I noticed they quit though.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Better that an 8 beats a 1 in a series rather than in just a one game playoff though bro. Personally, if an 8 seed wins a 4 game series, they've earned it outright in my mind, despite their regular season record.

Gotta disagree with ya there bro. Its still just 4 games. 4 games dont make up for 82 games of mediocrity. Ive never bought into this whole "playoff games are the real season"..baloney. Its one game just like any other game is one game, same rules, same everything, the only reason its worth more is because we say it is. The buildup is purely artificial. If a team that went 41-41 beats a team that went 62-20 in 4 games, their 45-41 against 62-24....still nothing has changed. I realize that this would make it impossible to ever have teams significantly lower than the higher team advance which is why im ok with 8s beating 1s but only if the series is tilted strongly in favor of the 1 beyond a mere slight home court/ice/field advantage. Every game must be at the 1, and the 1 has to start out with a fairly substantial lead. The 8 should have to overcome many huge obstacles to advance.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Detroit is not lookin so hot. Damn shame.

I must also remark on what restraint Zdeno Chara showed when he had Vinny on the ice, fist c0cked. He could have beat the **** out of him, but thought better of it and didn't deliver the final blow. Kind of reminded me of Mr. Miyagi out there. :)

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
Detroit is not lookin so hot. Damn shame.

I must also remark on what restraint Zdeno Chara showed when he had Vinny on the ice, fist c0cked. He could have beat the **** out of him, but thought better of it and didn't deliver the final blow. Kind of reminded me of Mr. Miyagi out there. :)

The wingies easy season just changed, wheres SA been?

spdirty
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Gotta disagree with ya there bro. Its still just 4 games. 4 games dont make up for 82 games of mediocrity. Ive never bought into this whole "playoff games are the real season"..baloney. Its one game just like any other game is one game, same rules, same everything, the only reason its worth more is because we say it is. The buildup is purely artificial. If a team that went 41-41 beats a team that went 62-20 in 4 games, their 45-41 against 62-24....still nothing has changed. I realize that this would make it impossible to ever have teams significantly lower than the higher team advance which is why im ok with 8s beating 1s but only if the series is tilted strongly in favor of the 1 beyond a mere slight home court/ice/field advantage. Every game must be at the 1, and the 1 has to start out with a fairly substantial lead. The 8 should have to overcome many huge obstacles to advance.

What about when a 7 seed wins 2 straight games against a 2 at the 2's home? Then they win the series either 4-0 or 4-1? Then they turn around and kick the crap out of the 1 seed? Is that fair?

**** the dead wings and stars!

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
The wingies easy season just changed, wheres SA been?

Oh he'll be around. Him and I have been going back and forth for years now, and I'll give him a lot of credit, he will sack up when needed.

Manny and Marty = two peas in a playoff pod. Ha!

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 11:26 PM
The oil are soaking up up anything the wings throw at em.

Mtbrncofn
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Well all except those last 2. Damnit.

Bronx33
04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Typical chelios almost killing hemsky

spdirty
04-25-2006, 11:37 PM
what a punk

SoCalBronco
04-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Detroit appears to have won in OT. Similar to last night. Great missed chance on one end, a few seconds later, a goal on the other end. It is being reviewed. Question if it went under the net.

No Goal called. Game continues.

-Slap-
04-26-2006, 12:32 AM

You are in rare form tonight.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2006, 12:34 AM
You are in rare form tonight.

Ive just always had a problem with the 1/8 upset thing. JMO. Never been comfortable with it.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 12:47 AM
Detroit appears to have won in OT. Similar to last night. Great missed chance on one end, a few seconds later, a goal on the other end. It is being reviewed. Question if it went under the net.

No Goal called. Game continues.

Under the net it went and going into the 2nd OT.

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 12:48 AM
Earlier this year the Avalanche actually "scored" a goal in the same exact way that Detroit "scored" and had overturned in overtime. The Avalanche "goal" was never reviewed and ultimately made the difference in a one goal Colorado win over Minnesota. It also came against Dwayne Roloson when he was with the Wild. Weird stuff.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 12:54 AM
Earlier this year the Avalanche actually "scored" a goal in the same exact way that Detroit "scored" and had overturned in overtime. The Avalanche "goal" was never reviewed and ultimately made the difference in a one goal Colorado win over Minnesota. It also came against Dwayne Roloson when he was with the Wild. Weird stuff.

Remember that break away that wasn't called a penalty shot after he got hooked. (he was clear)

24champ
04-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Goallllllll!

24champ
04-26-2006, 01:10 AM
Oilers lead series 2-1, I stand corrected when I made the prediction (In the general hockey thread) that the Red Wings usually suck in the first round.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 01:10 AM
What a shame...Hilarious!

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Devastating loss for the Red Wings. They celebrated and thought they won it in the first overtime only to see that the puck went under the net and wouldn't count. Then they lose for real in the second overtime.

Roloson vs. Legace is the difference.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 01:15 AM
OLN sucks! right after the game they go right to a suck mark messiers ding ding (how i brought the cup to NY) instead of showing the players and the interviews.

L-A-M-E!

Pezman
04-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Freaking sweet! Sorry SmilinAssassin27, that one has to sting a bit. But give credit to that scrappy Oilers club, they really have fought well in this series so far.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 01:16 AM
Devastating loss for the Red Wings. They celebrated and thought they won it in the first overtime only to see that the puck went under the net and wouldn't count. Then they lose for real in the second overtime.

Roloson vs. Legace is the difference.

Rolo is killing the wings.

24champ
04-26-2006, 01:20 AM
OLN sucks! right after the game they go right to a suck mark messiers ding ding (how i brought the cup to NY) instead of showing the players and the interviews.

L-A-M-E!
yeah WTF is that all about? Im telling you this is the worst playoff coverage Ive ever seen. After a great game like that you dont cut right to a BS Messier show.

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm not happy OLN cut away so soon after the Edmonton goal, but at least they showed the entire game. With OLN you've got to accept all of their bad traits and try to enjoy the on-ice product.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 01:27 AM
yeah WTF is that all about? Im telling you this is the worst playoff coverage Ive ever seen. After a great game like that you dont cut right to a BS Messier show.

I emailed them..

http://www.olntv.com/article/view/744/?tf=footerArticles.tpl

Pezman
04-26-2006, 01:29 AM
I'm not happy OLN cut away so soon after the Edmonton goal, but at least they showed the entire game. With OLN you've got to accept all of their bad traits and try to enjoy the on-ice product.

Like I said, I'm just happy we are seeing games at all. I'm sure their product will improve next year when they expand their coverage and the network grows. But for now, mediocre telecasts are to be expected. Lets hope we dont have to suffer these growing pains as viewers for much longer though.

WABronco
04-26-2006, 01:31 AM
Haha bitches...I get Canadian TV!

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 01:33 AM
Like I said, I'm just happy we are seeing games at all. I'm sure their product will improve next year when they expand their coverage and the network grows. But for now, mediocre telecasts are to be expected. Lets hope we dont have to suffer these growing pains as viewers for much longer though.They should just simulcast all the CBC Hockey Night in Canada games like they've been doing with Calgary/Anaheim and Edmonton/Detroit. Now that's a hockey broadcast.

Tredici
04-26-2006, 09:29 AM

I dunno. There are so many other factors to consider. Especially in hockey where it can be just a matter of a few points separating the best from the worst. It's not like .500 teams regularly make the Stanley Cup playoffs which is why they are considered some of the best in sports.

No way around the fact Detroit gained a bunch of points playing against some real weak links in their division while the Oilers had to battle more quality opponents. So being number one isn't necessarily an indication of dominance or a gaurantee of a pass out of round one. Plus, with long seasons injuries can play a part in where a team finishes and getting healthy players back at the right time can salvage the season with a few playoff wins.

There can be all sorts of reasons for a "crappy season" I like that a team can have an opportunity to overcome that. Hey, if you are really the best? Take the shots and come out standing.

Tredici
04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
More bad news for the Wings...

But then the Wings lost Yzerman, and then they lost the game, falling, 4-3, in the second overtime, and falling behind, 2-1, in their first-round, best-of-seven series. Yzerman injured himself two shifts into the first overtime; the Wings would only say it was an upper body injury, but as is often the case, the enemy camp said more.

"I heard it was his back," Oilers coach Craig MacTavish said, "but I haven't heard anything further."

The Wings thought they had the game with 5:29 left in the first overtime, when Jason Williams appeared to score from a hard angle. But the puck went in under the side of the net, disallowing it; officials responded by replacing the net. The Wings had already celebrated, and MacTavish was happy to see them have to put their arms back down.

"The thing that struck me almost instantly was the euphoria the Red Wings were going through," he said. "And it seemed to me a little uncharacteristically high for a team with that experience. (Manny) Legace did the jig out to the red line. It was like the weight of the world was off his shoulders. I'm sure it was a long skate back for him."

The Wings were mum on Yzerman's status. But their recent playoff history without him has not been pretty: The Wings were tied, 2-2, with Calgary in 2004 when Yzerman got hurt in Game 5; the Wings lost the series the next game. In 2001 against Los Angeles, the Wings didn't have Yzerman past the first game, and lost the series.

BMF Bronco
04-26-2006, 10:43 AM
I ****ing loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

Smiling Assassin27
04-26-2006, 10:49 AM
looking bleak. we've got the most talented players in the world and not one heart between them. relying on a 40+ year old to carry a team is a bad way to fly.

Jori
04-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Heart and soul players are what make the playoffs great and Yzerman is one of those guys. I hope he is able to return.

bronco militia
04-26-2006, 11:15 AM
the wings look old and slow again...I thought this it what we would see in the regular season.

in addition, goaltending is letting the wings down again....the Wings have only led in the series twice and one of those was the OT winner in game 1.

Pezman
04-26-2006, 11:17 AM
the wings look old and slow again...I thought this it what we would see in the regular season.

in addition, goaltending is letting the wings down again....the Wings have only led in the series twice and one of those was the OT winner in game 1.

Just thinking out loud here, but if both Dallas and Detroit fall in the first round, will both clubs be dismantled for next year?

bronco militia
04-26-2006, 11:21 AM
Just thinking out loud here, but if both Dallas and Detroit fall in the first round, will both clubs be dismantled for next year?

I would think it all depends on their cap situation....

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Oooo, bummer about Stevie.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:49 AM
That Bobby Clarke, what a piece of work he is.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=163915&hubname=nhl

GM Clarke slams Leafs for Quinn firing

4/26/2006 7:09:37 AM

Philadelphia Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcock isn't the only one on his team who can go on an animated tirade.

The Flyers may be down 2-0 in their first-round playoff series with the Buffalo Sabres, but it hasn't stopped colourful general manager Bob Clarke from voicing his opinion on hockey matters, notably the state of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In an interview Tuesday with the Toronto Sun, Clarke said he spoke to recently-fired Maple Leafs head coach Pat Quinn and did not hide his displeasure at the way the two-time Jack Adams Award winner was treated in his final days with the club.

"He got (expletive) in Toronto," Clarke told the Sun. "That was really wrong."

"He is a lot more classy than I am. His goalie (Ed Belfour) was hurt. His centre (Mats Sundin) was hurt. Even with that, his team just missed the playoffs."

Quinn, who coached Clarke for four NHL seasons in Philadelphia, had a winning record in each of his seven years behind the bench in Toronto and only missed the playoffs twice in his 19 years as a head coach.

"Look at the tradition he had built there, and this is how he gets treated?" Clarke told the Sun. "There has got to be some kind of loyalty out there.

"You look at what (expletive) happened there and you have to wonder: Who would want to work in Toronto? What's going to happen next year? Are they going to fire the new coach if he doesn't make the playoffs?

"What the (expletive) is going on in our business with all these coaches and GMs being fired? A lot of good teams didn't make the playoffs this year. And by next week, a lot more good teams will be out, too."

Clarke then compared Quinn's firing to putting the family pet down.

"It's like taking the dog down to the vet. (Say) goodbye," Clarke told the Sun.

"Listen, even if they thought Pat needed to change his coaching style or something, they could have offered to make him the team president or something. Look at his track record there. Look at the (expletive) success he had there."

Clarke also told the Sun he did not place the brunt of the blame on Maple Leafs general manager John Ferguson, all but indicating that he was pointing further up the front office ladder.

Clockwork Orange
04-26-2006, 12:07 PM
I actually missed the end of the Oilers/Wings game because I flipped the channel after Detroit scored what appeared to be the winning goal. Oops.

So SoCal, do you think that #1 seeds should get a bye? If a #1 seed is legit, shouldn't they be able to handle a team that squeaked into the playoffs as a #8 seed? I'm just not following why you have a problem with this.

Nuggets4
04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
If the #1 seed is so great, they shouldn't have any problems with a #8 seed. We're not talking one game of luck here. You have to win 4.

Tredici
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
If the #1 seed is so great, they shouldn't have any problems with a #8 seed. We're not talking one game of luck here. You have to win 4.

I always thought giving the One Seed the Eighth Seed was the greatest advantage to being the One Seed. But heck, if Number One playing Number Two makes more sense, then by all means...

Bronco_Beerslug
04-26-2006, 12:52 PM
I ****ing loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove it!

Great stuff watching the Wings and Stars both looking like dog doo so far!

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Just thinking out loud here, but if both Dallas and Detroit fall in the first round, will both clubs be dismantled for next year?I don't know if they'll be dismantled, but they will both probably try and fix their goaltending problems. Turco piles up the regular season wins and totally falls apart in the playoffs. Legace is as mediocre as it gets.

Al Wilson
04-26-2006, 01:55 PM
All Candian teams won.

I hope Montreal lose tonight. I like them going to 6-7 games and win, then we can finish them off easily.

People in the US get OLN only? You don't get CBC?

Clockwork Orange
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
People in the US get OLN only? You don't get CBC?

I get the CBC feeds for games on Center Ice. If I didn't have Center Ice, I'd be stuck with OLN only.

Breck Bronc
04-26-2006, 02:06 PM
All Candian teams won.

I hope Montreal lose tonight. I like them going to 6-7 games and win, then we can finish them off easily.

People in the US get OLN only? You don't get CBC?OLN has been simulcasting the CBC's coverage of Calgary/Anaheim and Edmonton/Detroit.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 02:49 PM

Both clubs will be looking for a real starting goal tender that's for sure.

Clockwork Orange
04-26-2006, 02:50 PM

Dallas is stuck with Turco. They just re-signed him to a new deal for big $$ over 4 or 5 years.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 02:51 PM

Philadelphia Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcork isn't the only one on his team who can go on an animated tirade.

The Flyers may be down 2-0 in their first-round playoff series with the Buffalo Sabres, but it hasn't stopped colourful general manager Bob Clarke from voicing his opinion on hockey matters, notably the state of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

In an interview Tuesday with the Toronto Sun, Clarke said he spoke to recently-fired Maple Leafs head coach Pat Quinn and did not hide his displeasure at the way the two-time Jack Adams Award winner was treated in his final days with the club.

"He is a lot more classy than I am. His goalie (Ed Belfour) was hurt. His centre (Mats Sundin) was hurt. Even with that, his team just missed the playoffs."

Quinn, who coached Clarke for four NHL seasons in Philadelphia, had a winning record in each of his seven years behind the bench in Toronto and only missed the playoffs twice in his 19 years as a head coach.

"Look at the tradition he had built there, and this is how he gets treated?" Clarke told the Sun. "There has got to be some kind of loyalty out there.

"You look at what (expletive) happened there and you have to wonder: Who would want to work in Toronto? What's going to happen next year? Are they going to fire the new coach if he doesn't make the playoffs?

"What the (expletive) is going on in our business with all these coaches and GMs being fired? A lot of good teams didn't make the playoffs this year. And by next week, a lot more good teams will be out, too."

"Listen, even if they thought Pat needed to change his coaching style or something, they could have offered to make him the team president or something. Look at his track record there. Look at the (expletive) success he had there."

Clarke also told the Sun he did not place the brunt of the blame on Maple Leafs general manager John Ferguson, all but indicating that he was pointing further up the front office ladder.

Thats where i stopped reading..

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Dallas is stuck with Turco. They just re-signed him to a new deal for big $$ over 4 or 5 years.

Ouch!!

chadta
04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
ok time to start playing, no more getting pushed around, the real flyers better show up tonight or i swear thats it, im gonna have to hide until october.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Now this is funny!

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nhl/you-cant-touch-a-flame-when-its-red-hot-169484.php

Hogan11
04-26-2006, 02:58 PM

Philadelphia Flyers head coach Ken Hitchcork isn't the only one on his team who can go on an animated tirade.

Clarke has always been a loose cannon....I found this to be an enjoyable read actually.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.kuklaskorner.com/images/uploads/wgme_thumb.jpg

Al Wilson
04-26-2006, 03:42 PM
ok time to start playing, no more getting pushed around, the real flyers better show up tonight or i swear thats it, im gonna have to hide until october.
Do you like getting swept

Tredici
04-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Now this is funny!

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/nhl/you-cant-touch-a-flame-when-its-red-hot-169484.php

Thanks Bronx that was good for a laugh.

Smiling Assassin27
04-26-2006, 05:51 PM

yzerman, chelios, legace, and maybe draper, shanahan, and fischer will be done in detroit too. should make some room for luongo or another top tier goalie. of course, with holland, he may just opt to bring back larionov and claim he did the best he could...:~ohyah!:

Hogan11
04-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Let's Go Flyers!!!!

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Let's Go Flyers!!!!

Forsberg is having a good game i see.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok lets get this game going!

Hogan11
04-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Forsberg is having a good game i see.

I'm not getting the game where I'm at but I see they finally won one... It's about time they played the way I know they can.

(I edited the hat trick stuff, evidently the site I was following it on got that all wrong.)

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
avs score PP 1-0!

Ray Finkle
04-26-2006, 09:09 PM
at least the Rangers made the playoffs....

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:11 PM
at least the Rangers made the playoffs....

True dat!

Ray Finkle
04-26-2006, 09:13 PM
True dat!

I mean I thought they would really make a series out of this....Lundqvist must be really hurt to be playing like Mike Dunham...

azbroncfan
04-26-2006, 09:19 PM
People watch hockey???

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:23 PM
I mean I thought they would really make a series out of this....Lundqvist must be really hurt to be playing like Mike Dunham...

Losing jager early killed them.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
People watch hockey???

I tried not watching it once and it wasn't as fun as watching it so from that point on i watch it. :-*

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Avs up 2-1 after 1

Cool Breeze
04-26-2006, 09:30 PM
That was a big hit by Blake!!!

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 09:33 PM

Sorry your team is tanking, Ray.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 09:34 PM
People watch hockey???
Oh get the hell out of here. Hater.

bpc
04-26-2006, 09:36 PM
We're winning but Theodore needs to pick it up. That was a bad job by Liles on the Stars goal. You have to keep that guy in front of you... he got caught watching the play and unfortunately Theodore isn't stopping goals like that from getting by.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 09:37 PM
I hope that 2 of the 3 road teams winning tonight don't mean anything.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:38 PM
We're winning but Theodore needs to pick it up. That was a bad job by Liles on the Stars goal. You have to keep that guy in front of you... he got caught watching the play and unfortunately Theodore isn't stopping goals like that from getting by.

Well it was an oddman rush cut theo a little slack.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 09:39 PM
I hope that 2 of the 3 road teams winning tonight don't mean anything.

You think too much and do you have your lucky jersey on?

Pendejo
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM

Tay-o-door plays in the nets like he's all hopped up on vicodine or something. He's nonchalant and clumsy as hell. On his diving poke check he was lucky that Blake hits like a Mack truck and ended that threat...as Jose was dawdling back in the nets...

He has to snap out of this. He's not getting his huge pads back.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
You think too much and do you have your lucky jersey on?

I don't....do you? Maybe I better go get it on.

SJ Bronco
04-26-2006, 09:46 PM
Especially since they pick up "fans" at playoff time...

:thumbs:
anyone that knows me, knows I wtch every game and go to more than my hsare...sharks fans are more loyal and are better fans than just abut any in hockey....so take your bandwagon and shove it!

SJ Bronco
04-26-2006, 09:47 PM
I mean that in the most respectful way of course bud. :)

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't....do you? Maybe I better go get it on.

Yes i put mine on before the game.

24champ
04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
I mean that in the most respectful way of course bud. :)
hey I got the sharks going to cup finals and winning so they better freaking win! (otherwise Ill be 200 short);D

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 10:50 PM
Defense is killin us...

24champ
04-26-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes i put mine on before the game.
How sad av fans need lucky jerseys.:D

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:04 PM
goalllllll!

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
wait that should have been offsides! Either way clutch play by the Avs, I really love OT games in the playoffs.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:11 PM
goalllllll!

See how the lucky jerseys work, don't even try to understand it.

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:20 PM
See how the lucky jerseys work, don't even try to understand it.
LOL game aint over yet bro.;D

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:24 PM
We win, why because of the lucky jerseys.

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
(speechless) LOL

Mtbrncofn
HOLY ****!!! Wahhooooooooo!!

12th man
Hell yeah! AVS win! Dallas is screwed. they might as well give up now. we are going to win the series. this team never gives up!

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:27 PM
How sad av fans need lucky jerseys.:D
Hey Kings fan, how's your team doing in the playoffs? Ha!

That's it, I'm keeping this jersey on til Friday and all the way through. ;D

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:40 PM
Never ever question the lucky jersey.........:militia: mine still has beer stains on it from 96.

Pendejo
04-26-2006, 11:41 PM
They won't quit...that's for sure. Sakic and Blake both look young.

I don't like his style of play, and there's a reason the fans of Les Habitantes wanted him run for years...but Patrice Brisbois played an excellent game tonight. He was a bit physical, and I think he only turned the puck over once.

Tay-o-door isn't without talent...and sure he may still be shaking off the cobwebs...but he has to be better. The boys are blocking shots left and right for him...he needs to suck it up and bail them out once in awhile.

You just can't count these guys out. They've taken EVERYTHING that Dallas has thrown at them...and knocked them out.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Never ever question the lucky jersey.........:militia: mine still has beer stains on it from 96.

Do you wash the lucky jersey? I spilled on it the other night and it was headed for the wash, that's why I wasn't wearing it at the time. It's an away one too and of course it's on the white! I don't have a cool story about how I had it forever and this stain is from this and that one is from that. Really I was just being a slob the other night. ;D

Clockwork Orange
04-26-2006, 11:43 PM
The cardiac Avs strike again. Unbelievable. Haynes & McNabb say it a lot, but it's absolutely true, this team just never gives up. Tanguay comes up with the winner, some redemption after he was the worst player on the ice in game 2.

Karlis Skrastins is making himself a lot of money in these playoffs.

3-0 lead, don't let Dallas prolong this series. Finish them off on Friday.

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Hey Kings fan, how's your team doing in the playoffs? Ha!

That's it, I'm keeping this jersey on til Friday and all the way through. ;D
Dont worry team is being re-tooled.Thanks for your concern. :)

ps is this you?

http://fresh99.com/images/sexycostumes/hockeygirl.jpg

Clockwork Orange
04-26-2006, 11:47 PM

I want to play on her line and find out how good of a stickhandler she is. :wiggle:

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:48 PM
They won't quit...that's for sure. Sakic and Blake both look young.

I don't like his style of play, and there's a reason the fans of Les Habitantes wanted him run for years...but Patrice Brisbois played an excellent game tonight. He was a bit physical, and I think he only turned the puck over once.

Tay-o-door isn't without talent...and sure he may still be shaking off the cobwebs...but he has to be better. The boys are blocking shots left and right for him...he needs to suck it up and bail them out once in awhile.

You just can't count these guys out. They've taken EVERYTHING that Dallas has thrown at them...and knocked them out.

I hope it's still cobwebs with Jose. He still worries me. If he ever lets in less than 3, I'll be shocked. He is owin' Skrastins a steak dinner....every night for like the next month.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:49 PM

I would get called for holding every shift.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Dont worry team is being re-tooled.Thanks for your concern. :)

ps is this you?

Holy smokes, I told them no pics on the Net! Ha! Yeah, I wish. She doesn't look like she's had any kids. I have. Nuff said.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:51 PM
Do you wash the lucky jersey? I spilled on it the other night and it was headed for the wash, that's why I wasn't wearing it at the time. It's an away one too and of course it's on the white! I don't have a cool story about how I had it forever and this stain is from this and that one is from that. Really I was just being a slob the other night. ;D

No it never get washed till all the series are over.

24champ
04-26-2006, 11:51 PM

I would get called for holding every shift.
the other team would complain about my stick being illegal.;D

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
I hope it's still cobwebs with Jose. He still worries me. If he ever lets in less than 3, I'll be shocked. He is owin' Skrastins a steak dinner....every night for like the next month.

You understand theo has only played 7 total games for colorado.

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:54 PM
No it never get washed till all the series are over.

Whew, good thing you told me. It just seems odd to have this jersey be a lucky one, but I'll take it. :)

Mtbrncofn
04-26-2006, 11:55 PM

I know, and he has been outstanding in the third periods and OT. I guess I'm probably being too harsh too soon.

Bronx33
04-26-2006, 11:55 PM

At first i thought this may be shawn avery with his uniform off.

24champ
04-27-2006, 12:02 AM

At first i thought this may be shawn avery with his uniform off.
at least sean avery can spell his first name right. :-*

Mogulseeker
04-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Guys.... lay off Sean Avery. Jeez.

24champ
04-27-2006, 12:07 AM
funny sean avery skit for you haters LOL

Sean Avery Gets Some Much Needed Help

The phone rings at the home of LA Kings player Sean Avery (http://www.canada.com/sports/hockey/story.html?id=193653df-46f0-405b-b382-47ba58a4d776) ...
http://www.hockeydirt.com/images/averyrosenhaus.jpg (http://rocketrss.typepad.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/averyrosenhaus.jpg)

Avery: Hello
Rosenhaus: Sean Avery?
Avery: Speaking
Rosenhaus: Drew Rosenhaus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Rosenhaus) here, you’ve probably heard (http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/002234.html) of me, I was in Jerry McGuire (http://www.wideright.com/ashark.html). I intend to be your new agent (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1129560,00.html).
Avery: Huh? New agent? Look buddy, I've got an agent, is this some kind of prank call?

[/URL]Rosenhaus: No Mr. Avery, you don't have an agent. You've got some jerk sucking your blood and leaving you naked in the middle of the freeway. You need somebody me, somebody who'll be 100% behind you no matter what kinda crap you get into. You'll be dumping that bum when we finish this call. You need me and I need 5 minutes to make you understand this.
Avery: Hey... I know you. You’re the [URL="http://firedrewrosenhaus.com/"]guy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/) who handles Terrell Owens? I hear he’s never gonna play another football game. He’s been suspended right?
Rosenhaus: Next question (http://blog.mccannta.com/mccannta/videos/owens_rosenhaus_video.html)!
Avery: Uh, why are you callin’ me?
Rosenhaus: Ok. Now listen carefully; I’ll speak slowly.
Avery: Huh?
Rosenhaus: You were forced to apologize for something you said about French Canadians, right?
Avery: Uh, ya…
Rosenhaus: WRONG! That was a mistake, a big mistake. Look, here's the deal. The way I see it you were defending a helpless teammate, right? Come on! Roenick’s been hit in the head, like, 20 times! He can’t defend himself; he’s got whaddayacallit, “diminished capacity” for frick’s sake. He needs you to speak for him! You know the code, you gotta stick up for the guy, he's helpless.
Avery: Uh, gee, I dunno if JRo would like me sayin’ that about him. And wasn’t it the stuff T.O. said about McNabb that got him in trouble to begin with?
Rosenhaus: Next question! Look, this is not about T.O., this is all about you! I am here for you Sean, only you baby. Ok, here’s another angle on that French thing. You were just being a good American! You were putting down the French! Damn, that’s way more popular than hockey where I come from. Nobody cares if you stick it to those Frenchies, heck, you can dump on those Euros all you want I and all I gotta do is wrap you in the flag. You'll be more popular than George Bush when I'm done with you.
Rosenhaus: Ok, now what about this thing with George Laraque? From what I read you blew that one too.
Avery: Huh? Well maybe sometimes I get a little excited in the games and say stuff I shouldn't...
Rosenhaus: Man, you just don’t get it. I’m gonna send you my book, its called “A Shark Never Sleeps” you’re gonna love it. Listen, Laraque is a goon right? Right! Attack him. Attack him relentlessly. Ruin him. I’ll put together a video of his fights. He’s the villain, he's the bad guy, not you!
Rosenhaus: Now I hear you’re getting fined by the league for diving? What’s up with that!
Avery: Well, sometimes I like to help the refs a little…
Rosenhaus: WRONG! They’re taking food out of your kid’s mouth just because you do what it takes to win? Not with me baby, not with me.
Avery: They kinda got upset ‘cus I said some stuff about the league too. They fined me for that too.
Rosenhaus: WRONG! My guys don’t get fined. I make my own rules.
Avery: Huh? And I might be in a little trouble with the NHLPA, I kinda said some stuff about Trevor Linden and the collective bargaining agreeement...
Rosenhaus: Look, you are not the bad guy here. They can't be villifying you, I just won't accept it. Who cares if you said the guys running the league are clowns. They are, same as Tagliabue. Who cares if you hung Trevor Linden out to dry. This is America baby, you have the right to your opinion. You can't help it if they misinterpreted you. Its all the media's fault, they're out to get you. By the time I'm dome this Bettman guy he’ll look like Domi after McGratton finished with him.
Avery: Cool! Sounds great Drew. Whadda I gotta do?
Rosenhaus: Listen. First, we’re gonna threaten to renegotiate. We’ve gotta get you more dough, a big signing bonus, some endorsements. You use viagra?
Avery: But I already have a contract?
Rosenhaus: And your point is… Contract (http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/archives/blitz/2005/08/rotten_rosenhau.php) shmontract. Listen Sean, leave this with me. I am a shark, a killer, I'm the best. I am going to make you famous, a household name like Terrell Owens and Santana Moss - all my clients (http://www.prosportsgroup.com/SportsAgentNews/Aug2004/News/rosenhaus.htm) are famous. You will be dominant.
Avery: Cool! Just one more thing, um, like how much do I pay you for all this?
Rosenhaus: Next Question!

http://www.hockeydirt.com/2005/11/sean_avery_gets.html

Mogulseeker
04-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Watch out guys.... that girl looks about 13.

Mtbrncofn
04-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Guys.... lay off Sean Avery. Jeez.

Watch out guys.... that girl looks about 13.

Smurf, quit bein such a douche.

Bronx33
04-27-2006, 12:15 AM
at least sean avery can spell his first name right. :-*

who cares

Mogulseeker
04-27-2006, 12:25 AM
What, mt? I hate kiddie porn.... do you like kiddie porn, because thats what that is.

What I dont get is how impractical that photograph is. She is wearing shoulder pads and a full caged helmet.... but no shell. The puck is much more likely to hit her in the vagina or thigh than her face.

She must have been playing strip-one-on-one post hockey.

Bronx33
04-27-2006, 12:26 AM
What, mt? I hate kiddie porn.... do you like kiddie porn, because thats what that is.

What I dont get is how impractical that photograph is. She is wearing shoulder pads and a full caged helmet.... but no shell. The puck is much more likely to hit her in the vagina or thigh than her face.

Just stop....

Mtbrncofn
04-27-2006, 12:28 AM

Kiddie porn? Are you ****tin me? She's probably older than you.

Are you a 90 year old stuck in a 20 year old's body? Every other guy is talking about how hot she is and you're worried about her age. Unbelievable. :nono:

Pendejo
04-27-2006, 12:37 AM

You're right. But I thought he stole his Vezina, and his Hart trophy. He stole his money from the 'Habs this year, and unless he picks up his play by a large margain...he's putting an unfair burden on the rest of the team...who to this point have blocked a ton shots and made his life easy.

It's time for Tay-o-door to bail his team out. The've carried him to a 3-0 lead in the Stanley Cup playoffs. It's his turn to make them look good.

He's stolen series before...he doesn't have to do that...at least not yet. He just needs to carry his weight.