PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Jens1893
04-22-2006, 03:04 PM
yeah lets start the Wolski is playoff MVP campaign.;D

hes got a bigger chance of winning the conn smythe trophy than any kings player :)

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:06 PM
hes got a bigger chance of winning the conn smythe trophy than any kings player :)
thanks for reminding me why I dont like Av fans.;D

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
5-2 Avs, Im loving this Dallas meltdown.

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:10 PM
gooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:12 PM
And to think we were all complaining about our defensemen. :wiggle:

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Jesus, is that how it is in Colorado? You win one, you win the whole series?

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:15 PM
No, we're just excited to see this team not look like the group of crappers we've been watching for the last month.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Congrats Avs fans :). This is a great performance for your team. Big pressure on Dallas to get a split at home next game.

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Nah, but getting your ass whupped in the first game AT HOME certainly is a blow. Shots on Goal is 25-9 Colorado whew!

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
cant wait to rag on my buddy Ray Finkle. :)

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:20 PM
socal do you think wolski is performing better in the playoffs than Crosby?:D

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 03:22 PM

;D

Wolski has been quite impressive in this game. I am glad for the Avs fans on this board that they were able to bring him up for the playoffs.

Jens1893
04-22-2006, 03:26 PM

youre stealing my argument! ;)

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:29 PM
youre stealing my argument! ;)
Ive been reading.......

http://www.skf.from.hell.pl/monthly/iss152/wolski.jpg

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM

How this, F8ck the Stars? Who said we won the series?

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
Stars look frustrated. Lets make them pay.

Yeah...the Avs skated circles around the Stars today. Modano's lazy ass penalty was proof of that.

One thing that I liked was that when the Stars tried to get physical, and give a big hit...whether they were successful or not...the puck was headed back towards Turco.

There's still a lot of games left, so nothing's been decided, but I don't think the Avs could have had a better opening game. Especially after the lackluster end to their season.

One more thing. In Turco's defense...if he didn't make some pretty nice saves the score would've been about 9-2.

Ray Finkle
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM

It's one game but I am hear to take the beating....The rangers played like total butt....

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
It's one game but I am hear to take the beating....The rangers played like total butt....

Im not gonna rag on ya bro.

(Just promise me you wont make your daughter a Rangers Fan, that would be cruel :) ).

Any word on Jagr's injury, whats that all about?

Ray Finkle
04-22-2006, 04:02 PM
Im not gonna rag on ya bro.

(Just promise me you wont make your daughter a Rangers Fan, that would be cruel :) ).

Any word on Jagr's injury, whats that all about?

I think it was a dislocated shoulder....doesn't look good. If my daughter is a hockey fan, my wife may go crazy....she loves football, likes baseball but hates hockey....

extralife
04-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Wow, we dominated. Throw the seeds out the window (if you didn't already, this being the NHL and all): this is going to be a series. Unless we keep blowing them out, of course.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I did notice that wolski has 1 goal and two asst more that crosby and ovechkin put together.............;D

Tredici
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Well, I would just like to say.

WOOT WOOT WOOT

But I don't expect the Stars to look this listless for long... Just hope 5 goals worms into Marty's head a bit. You know they are going to be "here we go againing him" in Dallas.

Clockwork Orange
04-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Hell of a performance today by the Avs. Had they put up more 60 minute efforts like the one we saw today during the regular season, they'd have likely been opening the playoffs at home. Where has that Avs defense been all season? They were rock solid today.

Wojtek Wolski, the pride of Poland, with 1 goal & 2 assists in his playoff debut. !Booya!

Hopefully this carries over to game 2.

Jori
04-22-2006, 04:59 PM
It's one game, but it was a wonderful performance. It's not so much that the Avs were great defensively, it was their continuous offensive pressure. To me, Dallas looked surprised at what the Avs brought to the table. Dallas will certainly make adjustments. I know Turco will get some of the blame but the forwards didn't help with the back-check and the defenders were swiss cheese.

People forget that the Avs were the fourth highest scoring team in the NHL. The problem all season has been the defense and inconsistent goaltending. That's what makes the Avs so dangerous, if they can tighten things up and get the goaltending, they will not be an easy out.

Dallas will look 100% better on Monday night.

Somebody asked about Wolski. Once Wolski played 10 NHL games, his contact would count agaisnt the cap. Wolski played the first 9 games with the Avs and then he was sent back to juniors. Part of it was the affect against the salary cap, the other was that Wolski needed to work on certain parts of his game. After he was snubbed by the Canadian World Junior hockey team, his coaches in Brampton put him at center and he just took off. He won four straight OHL player of the month awards.

Now that Wolski has been called up and played in his 10th game, his salary wont count against the cap, but the first year of his three year contact has been used. Therefore, he'll become a RFA after 07-08 rather then 08-09. Yet, if he continues the solid play, it'll be worth it. Make no mistake about it, Wolski is the best prospect the Avs have had in their system since Alex Tanguay.

Clockwork Orange
04-22-2006, 04:59 PM

No. What it means is the Avs made a statement today against a team that most of the "experts" said would completely dominate and outclass them.

Jori
04-22-2006, 05:03 PM
No. What it means is the Avs made a statement today against a team that most of the "experts" said would completely dominate and outclass them.
Exactly. Outside of Adrian Dater, you'll be hard pressed to find one analyst locally or nationally who gave the Avs a chance. I'll be honest, I picked Dallas to win this series. I also thought that if the Avs had any chance, they had to split in Dallas and most importantly win that first game in Dallas. They dominated the Stars and now the ball is in their court. Dallas is the #2 seed, the pressure is on them.

hades
04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
I love living in Dallas and NOT being a Stars fan!

I ain't gonna say **** though, Dalals has come back and won a series before after being down.

Clockwork Orange
04-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm eager to see what a Tanguay-Wolski-Svatos line can do next season.:alghh:

Hogan11
04-22-2006, 05:54 PM
14 SOG for Buffalo to 6 for PHI.....and they lead 1-0 after 1.

I'm pissed and I think I have every right in the world to be.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 06:00 PM
14 SOG for Buffalo to 6 for PHI.....and they lead 1-0 after 1.

I'm pissed and I think I have every right in the world to be.

It's still early bro, only 1 goal.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 06:03 PM
Hog, the Flyers are playing well. The people on the ice that need to get their heads out of their asses are the refs. What a sorry ass excuse for a human being these refs are. Knuble gets not 1 but 2 back to back sticks to the face, starts bleeding like a stuck pig, and no call. To add insult to injury, when knuble gets repairs to his face and steps back on the ice, the refs nail knuble for high sticking a buffalo player. Knubles stick hit the Sabre in the shoulder.
F*cking retards these refs are.

Hogan11
04-22-2006, 07:41 PM
The good guys have fought back...OVERTIME!!!

LETS GO FLYERS!!!

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
Win or lose for the Flyers, Robert Esche is BY FAR, the #1 star tonight. It's not even close!

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 07:47 PM
Esche has saved them repeatedly. It would be a fraud if Philly won given how badly they have been outplayed and outshot tonight.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Esche has saved them repeatedly. It would be a fraud if Philly won given how badly they have been outplayed and outshot tonight.

Oh would you suck a c*ck already. The Sabers are a bunch of speed skaters with sticks. I think they tried to sign Apolo anton ohno or whatever the hell is name is.

Buck Fuffalo!

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh would you suck a c*ck already. The Sabers are a bunch of speed skaters with sticks. I think they tried to sign Apolo anton ohno or whatever the hell is name is.

Buck Fuffalo!

Dude, they doubled you up in shots. That's a rape. You dont deserve to win.
I dont see what the problem is.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 08:11 PM
beautiful hit on Umberger. Nice.

I hope he isnt hurt though, he looks really dazed.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Horrible call. The refs are sucking your dicks tonight, Philly.

EDIT: I guess its matching penalties, cant figure out how its 5 on 5, but there's guys in the box.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Wow...Esche is just amazing right now.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I love living in Dallas and NOT being a Stars fan!

I ain't gonna say **** though, Dalals has come back and won a series before after being down.
Series sure isn't over that's for sure. Stars only had 16 shots on goal today!

---------------------------------------------------
Avs capitalize on Stars' mistakes to take first game
DALLAS (AP) -- Their lowest playoff seed in nearly 20 years. Ten losses in their last 16 regular-season games. A two-goal deficit on the road.

None of that bothered the Colorado Avalanche in Game 1 of the Western Conference playoff against favored Dallas.

Rob Blake and John-Michael Liles scored power-play goals only 2:04 apart in the second period and seventh-seeded Colorado beat the Stars 5-2 on Saturday.

"We've had four really competitive games with Dallas, and felt evenly matched," Avalanche coach Joel Quenneville said. "Some times starting on the road is not the worst-case scenario. You're a little more relaxed."

Colorado cut a 2-0 deficit in half before the end of the first period, and had three goals in the second. Rookie winger Wojtek Wolski tied the game at 2 before Blake and Liles scored.

"We felt pretty good today, and we'll feel good tomorrow," said Avs captain Joe Sakic, who had two assists to start his 12th playoff appearances. "We're pretty excited about winning, but Monday we have Game 2.

"That's a great hockey team over there," he said. "I thought they were flat. It was a bad day for them."

Jose Theodore stopped 16 shots in only his sixth game for Colorado.

For the Stars, it's already eerily similar to their last playoff series two years ago. Colorado won that first-round series in five games and twice scored five times against Dallas goalie Marty Turco.

There were plenty of problems Saturday. Three of the seven Dallas penalties came in the decisive second period.

"Work ethic, turnovers, penalties ... that sums it up," Stu Barnes said.

"The calls were made because we were out of position," said Stars captain Mike Modano, whose only two shots came in the third period. "We were chasing the puck all day long and that's not a recipe for success."

This is the Avalanche's 25th playoff series since moving to Denver in 1995 -- more than any other team. But they were 6-10 down the stretch for their lowest playoff seeding since 1987 while still in Quebec.

"I don't think it's an on-off switch," Quenneville said. "I thought we did a lot of good things with the puck. ... We had the puck a lot, particularly down in their end."

This is the fourth time in seven years the two teams have met in the playoffs. Dallas won a pair of incredible seven-game Western Conference finals in 1999 and 2000 to get to the Stanley Cup finals.

Dallas went up 2-0 Saturday when Jason Arnott slid by the net and made a backhand pass to Bill Guerin, who slammed the puck behind Theodore with 4:58 left in the first period.

That came only two minutes after a one-timer by Brenden Morrow on Dallas' third shot of the game.

But the Stars didn't hold on to that momentum very long.

"I felt really good even though we got two goals down," Theodore said. "I felt in control. We didn't panic. I knew if we could keep going the same way we were, we'd be able to get a couple of goals."

Less than two minutes after Guerin's goal, Turco was sliding to his right when Sakic pushed the puck back toward the middle. Milan Hejduk knocked it into the open net.

Another defensive mistake led to Colorado's tying goal 5 minutes into the second period. Turco was still on the side of the net after playing the puck when defenseman Jon Klemm gave it away. Jim Dowd passed the puck to Wolski and Turco couldn't get back in time.

After Blake's power-play goal, a puck through traffic that Turco didn't see until it was too late, there was only 15 more seconds of play before Colorado was on the power play again. Liles scored past a sprawling Turco, assisted by Sakic and Andrew Brunette.

Turco stopped 26 shots, but has allowed 23 goals in six playoff games against the Avalanche.

Theodore was 1-3-1 down the stretch for Colorado. The former league MVP didn't make his debut for the Avalanche until a month after coming from Montreal at the NHL trade deadline March 8 for David Aebischer, the goalie who beat Dallas in the series two years ago.

The Stars didn't make Theodore work too hard after the goals. Dallas only had four shots in the second period, and their nine in the third period matched their total before that.

"Hopefully this is a real good slap in the face for us," coach Dave Tippett said. "The level of urgency has to be turned up several octaves now."

Game notes
Dowd and Wolski assisted on Brett Clark's goal in the third period. ... Wolski is a rookie who had 128 points in 56 games in the Ontario Hockey League before being added to Colorado's playoff roster. ... Dallas had a 3-1 advantage in the season series, two of the wins coming in shootouts.
http://tinyurl.com/mug6o

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I cant even believe this

Hogan11
04-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Second OT period coming up......it's been nerve racking thus far.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Esche had about as good a period as Ive seen for a goalie. This is ridiculous, Buffalo has won this game 12 times already.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Horrible call. The refs are sucking your dicks tonight, Philly.

EDIT: I guess its matching penalties, cant figure out how its 5 on 5, but there's guys in the box.

SoCal...... Are you f*cking high bro? The refs are literally trying to GIVE the game to the Sabers. Buffalo 10 power plays (including a 5 on 3) to 5 power plays for the Flyers.

Did you see the 4 power plays the refs GAVE the Sabers in the first OT? Talk about BS calls.

As far as the hit goes, it was a stone cold cheap shot. Not only was it a cheap shot, it was a charge. That p*ssy who hit Umberger took 3 -4 long strides and hit a pleyr WITHOUT the puck. Cheapshot, charging and interference all in one. Why is it legal to lower your shoulder PAD into the face of a defensless player? I'll never understand the difference between an elbow and hard plastic shoulder pads.
Now, everyone likes to comment about Philly fans. Question for you...... how'd you feel about the 2 minute standing ovation as Umberger laid motionless on the ice. Or how about the USBC arena playing the hit 10 times on the jumbotron as Umberger was being helped off the ice and the crowd going nuts? That was cool huh?

I'm on the fence about how I want this series to play out now. I already called the series as Buffalo winning in 5. Now, I'm don't even know if I'd be that upset if we lose. I want retribution. I want to see someone, anyone, on the flyers to take a 2 hander to that gutless p*ssies face who hit Umberger. I want him lying flat on a stretcher. At this point, I want him dead. I'll gladly stand and cheer as it's happening too.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Esche had about as good a period as Ive seen for a goalie. This is ridiculous, Buffalo has won this game 12 times already.

That tends to happen when the zebra's keep GIVING you power play after power play.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
Hell of a performance today by the Avs. Had they put up more 60 minute efforts like the one we saw today during the regular season, they'd have likely been opening the playoffs at home. Where has that Avs defense been all season? They were rock solid today.

Wojtek Wolski, the pride of Poland, with 1 goal & 2 assists in his playoff debut. !Booya!

Agreed. What an exciting game to watch. Hopefully this just keeps carrying over to not only game 2, but the rest of them too. Oh and hopefully, Turco's playoff luck keeps going the way it is too. :D

I wonder how the Stars feel about the Avs calling up rooks for the playoffs. :wiggle:

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Hog, the Flyers were grossly outplaying the Sobers before the refs handed them 4 power plays in the first OT.

Here's too the 2nd OT

Jori
04-22-2006, 08:59 PM
Buffalo wins in overtime...what a game!

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 09:01 PM
F*ck em. I want that dude dead. Once again, the Flyers dominate the OT period and the Refs tried to give the Sobbers another PP.

I want Steve Moore retribution.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Robert Esche:notworthy

Hogan11
04-22-2006, 09:07 PM
**** em. I want that dude dead. Once again, the Flyers dominate the OT period and the Refs tried to give the Sobbers another PP.

Campbell you mean.

Esche was brilliant.....but I had a feeling he wouldn't be able to keep that kind of play up all night. It would've been nice if another line other than the Forsberg one showed up as well......eh, what can you do?

Jori
04-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Esche was great tonight.

I sure hope Umberger is okay. It was a brutal hit, but I felt it was clean. Unfortunately for RJ, he had his head down. Though I can understand how Philly fans would be frustrated with that hit. Fun game. I think this is going to be a great long series.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 09:13 PM
Esche was great tonight.

I sure hope Umberger is okay. It was a brutal hit, but I felt it was clean. Unfortunately for RJ, he had his head down. Though I can understand how Philly fans would be frustrated with that hit. Fun game. I think this is going to be a great long series.

Jori.... I have 2 questions for you:

1- Was I imagining it or, did that gutless punk take 3 strides from center ice to make the hit on a guy without the puck?

2- I know it's technically legal to hit with your shoulder, but, don't you think a shoulder pad made of very strong plastic is worse then an elbow? I'll never understand how the NHL does not view that as a dangerous hit. Amazing, everytime someone gets their clocked cleaned by a shoulder pad, they get hurt. Wake up NHL, before a player dies.

You can call it legal, the fact is, technically it is legal. The fact remains though, it's a chicken sh!t, cheapshot hit.

clean
04-22-2006, 09:35 PM
"Campbell blasted Umberger with a clean shoulder check as the Philadelphia player skated with his head down after taking a pass. Campbell anticipated the play and got his right shoulder down to hit Umberger across the chest and jaw."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2418488

Jori
04-22-2006, 09:36 PM
I'd have to see a replay, but I thought RJ had lost possesion of the puck a second or so before the hit and Campbell would not have been able to stop his momentum.

Clearly Campbell intended to hit RJ, but I'm not sure he expected RJ to have his head down. It was a brutal hit, and it shows how the speed of the game can create such a violent collision. I totally understand the feelings of Flyers fans.

Regarding your second question, you do make an interesting point, but you almost consider an elbow as a weapon moreso then a shoulder (even with the equipment).

Al Wilson
04-22-2006, 09:38 PM
You Flyer fans are absolute idiots. That hit was 100% clean. Bunch of losers. Why was your team on the PK? Because the Sabres were kicking the Flyers asses. Love Campbell former 67s star.

North East baby kicking ass.

Al Wilson
04-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Man, here's the hit

http://rapidshare.de/files/18703077/Umberger-Campbell-Hit-Shortclip.avi.html

I feel for the guy, but it's clean.

Paladin
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
One game only, but i hope Barry Melrose swallows his mike. Sneers like he knows it all.

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Jori.... I have 2 questions for you:

1- Was I imagining it or, did that gutless punk take 3 strides from center ice to make the hit on a guy without the puck?

2- I know it's technically legal to hit with your shoulder, but, don't you think a shoulder pad made of very strong plastic is worse then an elbow? I'll never understand how the NHL does not view that as a dangerous hit. Amazing, everytime someone gets their clocked cleaned by a shoulder pad, they get hurt. Wake up NHL, before a player dies.

You can call it legal, the fact is, technically it is legal. The fact remains though, it's a chicken sh!t, cheapshot hit.

I'm not Jori, but I'll answer it for you.

The hit was completely legal. Brutal, but legal. There was no head hunting involved. That's what happens in the stanley cup playoffs when you play the puck with your head down. The guy who hit him didn't take more than the 1 1/2 strides which is legal...anything more is charging. It was text book.

Point number two of this post is just completely stupid. Elbows are far more dangerous. You're only going to take a shoulder to the face if your head is down.

There was absolutely nothing chicken sh!t, or cheap about that hit. It was 100% above board. Esche was outstanding, but his team let him down.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 10:15 PM
Sounding a lot like whiny Canuck fans after the hit on Naslund.

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:16 PM
I'd have to see a replay, but I thought RJ had lost possesion of the puck a second or so before the hit and Campbell would not have been able to stop his momentum.

Clearly Campbell intended to hit RJ, but I'm not sure he expected RJ to have his head down. It was a brutal hit, and it shows how the speed of the game can create such a violent collision. I totally understand the feelings of Flyers fans.

Regarding your second question, you do make an interesting point, but you almost consider an elbow as a weapon moreso then a shoulder (even with the equipment).

Jori...the kid played the puck...then BOOM!!! It wasn't anywhere close to a second...he looked behind him for the pass...it hit his stick...bounced off his stick...then BLAM-O.

There were hits in the AVS/stars game today that were much more in question as far as puck possesion goes...this one was just nasty...

Watch the replay, and you'll agree.

I think Scott Steven's hit on Paul Kariya would have to be classified as far more "dirty" than this one (it was clean)...as the puck was much further away from Paul...

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:17 PM

This is definitely different mt...Both were clean hits...but this one was gnarly.

That being said...Philly fans just like to whine...I mean if they aren't booing the great Mike Schmidt that is.

(Edit: The Cansucks are all just trick ass b!tches)

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Ahaahahahhaha! I haven't seen the hit, but with all the whining going on about it, it just sounded like a great thing to say. :devil:

Jori
04-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Jori...the kid played the puck...then BOOM!!! It wasn't anywhere close to a second...he looked behind him for the pass...it hit his stick...bounced off his stick...then BLAM-O.

There were hits in the AVS/stars game today that were much more in question as far as puck possesion goes...this one was just nasty...

Watch the replay, and you'll agree.

I think Scott Steven's hit on Paul Kariya would have to be classified as far more "dirty" than this one (it was clean)...as the puck was much further away from Paul...
After seeing the replay on TV, I'm inclined to agree. He looked down as he had the puck and to use a Pierre McGuire term...WHAMMO!

The only hit I had issue with in the Dallas game was Hagman's hit on Sakic. Not only was it stupid, but extremely dangerous considering Sakic's back was turned. Though there was plenty of stupidity to go around in that game...cough ***Steve Ott*** cough.

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
It's one game, but it was a wonderful performance. It's not so much that the Avs were great defensively, it was their continuous offensive pressure. To me, Dallas looked surprised at what the Avs brought to the table. Dallas will certainly make adjustments. I know Turco will get some of the blame but the forwards didn't help with the back-check and the defenders were swiss cheese.

People forget that the Avs were the fourth highest scoring team in the NHL. The problem all season has been the defense and inconsistent goaltending. That's what makes the Avs so dangerous, if they can tighten things up and get the goaltending, they will not be an easy out.

Dallas will look 100% better on Monday night.

Somebody asked about Wolski. Once Wolski played 10 NHL games, his contact would count agaisnt the cap. Wolski played the first 9 games with the Avs and then he was sent back to juniors. Part of it was the affect against the salary cap, the other was that Wolski needed to work on certain parts of his game. After he was snubbed by the Canadian World Junior hockey team, his coaches in Brampton put him at center and he just took off. He won four straight OHL player of the month awards.

Now that Wolski has been called up and played in his 10th game, his salary wont count against the cap, but the first year of his three year contact has been used. Therefore, he'll become a RFA after 07-08 rather then 08-09. Yet, if he continues the solid play, it'll be worth it. Make no mistake about it, Wolski is the best prospect the Avs have had in their system since Alex Tanguay.

I thought that the Av's defense was outstanding today...aside from the two breakdowns of course. Yes they controlled the play offensively, but they did a very good job of taking the body, and blocking shots. The stars are bigger, but the AVS did not allow them to force the play. For the most part they kept everything on the perimeter. Tay-o-Door made some big saves, but he didn't have to be as on as Turco, because his defense was actually moving its feet in front of him. I don't think it's fair to discount the job the AVS defense did today. They're a big part of the reason that Theo didn't have to face many shots...they erased them before it got to that point. We all bash them when they're weak...let's give them credit when they're strong.

I completely agree that we'll see a different stars team on Monday. They were giving the AVS all sorts of space. It won't happen again. On their power plays the stars were all stationary. You could see it in real time, and it was magnified on replays. They were content just to pass the puck back and forth, and then shoot. Their 5 on 3 power play is a perfect example of this.

I don't think the stars will give Wolski so much room the rest of the series. He took some big checks in the first period, but it didn't phase him. I think the AVS as a whole can expect a lot more physicality from the stars in game two. But if they keep their heads...it won't matter. The stars are not that big, and not that skilled.

We'll see how it plays out. It won't be easy, but they're certainly in it.

ludo21
04-22-2006, 10:31 PM
WOOWOOO

AVVSSSSS!!!!! Great job team, 3 more!!

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
One game only, but i hope Barry Melrose swallows his mike. Sneers like he knows it all.

I don't know how much hockey you watch, but if you're familiar with Melrose you know that he's a good natured walking joke. He's a personality. I disagree that he sneers much though...he just loves the game.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
After seeing the replay on TV, I'm inclined to agree. He looked down as he had the puck and to use a Pierre McGuire term...WHAMMO!

The only hit I had issue with in the Dallas game was Hagman's hit on Sakic. Not only was it stupid, but extremely dangerous considering Sakic's back was turned. Though there was plenty of stupidity to go around in that game...cough ***Steve Ott*** cough.

Saks was pissed too! That was a scary one. I'm so glad Hinote wasn't goaded into a fight with Ott. It wasn't for a lack of trying on Ott's part.

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:41 PM

I think the officials did a good job in the AVS/stars game(although they did miss that blatant tug on Sakic's break away)...my point was there were several big hits that happened when the puck was further away than the hit in the Buffalo game. They absolutely cannot get rid of that part of playoff hockey. It will kill it. That's all.

I thought the Sakic hit could have carried a game misconduct...intent to injure...etc. Sakic was barking at the refs after that. I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt though...you know...finishing your check and all of that.

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Saks was pissed too! That was a scary one. I'm so glad Hinote wasn't goaded into a fight with Ott. It wasn't for a lack of trying on Ott's part.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Hinote showed some discipline. I wonder if Sean Avery is taking notes. Can he write? Or does he just make his mark when he signs his checks? Quick...someone ask champbailey24, or 24champbailey...whatever it is.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Man, here's the hit

http://rapidshare.de/files/18703077/Umberger-Campbell-Hit-Shortclip.avi.html

I feel for the guy, but it's clean.

I missed the game but after watching that clip umberger just got smoked plain and simple. the hit was not dirty at all.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 10:54 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing. Hinote showed some discipline. I wonder if Sean Avery is taking notes. Can he write? Or does he just make his mark when he signs his checks? Quick...someone ask champbailey24, or 24champbailey...whatever it is.

I would say probably just a big fat X. Similar to this, but probably not so good. Ha!

Pendejo
04-22-2006, 11:02 PM
I would say probably just a big fat X. Similar to this, but probably not so good. Ha!

F you mt...that's my mark. Where'd you find it?

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 11:06 PM
F you mt...that's my mark. Where'd you find it?

In my paintshop! Ha! I rock at this whole paintshop marking thing. ;D

Breck Bronc
04-23-2006, 02:03 AM
Cambell's hit on Umberger was a great open ice hit that we don't see too often anymore. R.J. learned a valuable lesson today; keep your head up in the neutral zone.

chadta
04-23-2006, 08:10 AM
i hate to say it but the hit was clean, it was really nice too, and that hit will be the reason that the flyers win the series, i wasnt sure if they would win before but now i am.

as for them replaying the hit on the jumbotron, i agree with hitchcock that was bush league, but i would bet that it gets replayed in philly before the games, just to get the crowd and the players going. Which is just what we need, last night was a good learning expierence, if our guys dont play physical we are screwed cuz buffalo is alot faster then us, as long as we keep hitting them, we can just pound them into submission like the little bitches that they are.

As for the refs, i have but one question, opening goal, how is it that you can hook a guy to cause a turnover right infront of the net and it be a goal not a penalty ?

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Did the Av's play Saturday.... they played right?

Anyone tape the game so they can send it to me?

I played last night and we got killed 6-2. I did block 4 shots and got a goal though. I'm starting to think that I'm just the Definsive Foward that the Av's need. I blocked a shot with my balls yesterday. Good thing I wore a cup. I have a bruise on my inner thigh now. It went by so quick.... I'm standing in front of the net and this one guy from the Czech Republic slaps it from the blue line. I hear a thud from my cup, and I thought "did that just hit where I thought it hit." Then when I started to skate away, I felt a pain in my inner left thigh.

I downloaded the Av's game from Center Ice Forums, but it's no working for some reason.

Go Av's

LDB
04-23-2006, 10:30 AM

I played last night and we got killed 6-2. I did block 4 shots and got a goal though. I'm starting to think that I'm just the Definsive Foward that the Av's need. I blocked a shot with my balls yesterday. Good thing I wore a cup. I have a bruise on my inner thigh now. It went by so quick.... I'm standing in front of the net and this one guy from the Czech Republic slaps it from the blue line. I hear a thud from my cup, and I thought "did that just hit where I thought it hit." Then when I started to skate away, I felt a pain in my inner left thigh.

I downloaded the Av's game from Center Ice Forums, but it's no working for some reason.

Go Av's

Sorry, I don't have it for you. I did watch it though. All I can say is the Avs played the most solid game (after those 2 goals) that I have seen them play this year. Theo was a little shaky but got better.

Tredici
04-23-2006, 11:04 AM
**** em. I want that dude dead. Once again, the Flyers dominate the OT period and the Refs tried to give the Sobbers another PP.

Really mean that? So another kid has a broken neck and no future? Then a Philly player, coaches and GM's can be tied up in lawsuits? Then you can have a locker room schism. Have a great player who after one irrational act will never, ever, have a clear or respected career. Be stuck with the guy because no one will touch him in a trade. And best of all? End up in the 9 hole next year.

Who really got hurt in that "retribution".

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 12:03 PM
NBC coverage map ...

http://cdn.nhl.com/cupcrazy/2006/042306.pdf

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Todays fun fact..

Marty turco has allowed 23 goals in six playoff games against the Avalanche.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 12:46 PM
The oil get 2 late 2nd period goals to make it 3-2 with 20 to play.

phillybroncosnut
04-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Really mean that? So another kid has a broken neck and no future? Then a Philly player, coaches and GM's can be tied up in lawsuits? Then you can have a locker room schism. Have a great player who after one irrational act will never, ever, have a clear or respected career. Be stuck with the guy because no one will touch him in a trade. And best of all? End up in the 9 hole next year.

Who really got hurt in that "retribution".

I absolutely mean it.

You can bet that someone will take a nasty run at Campbell. I wait with anticipation.

I think it's laughable that everyone here claims Umberger is at fault because he had his head down. He didn't have his head down. He was looking back for the pass. Campbell waited like a cat anticipating lowering his shoulder pad into Umberger's face. Campbell got the job done. He achieved what he set out to do. He ended the season of a totally defenseless player. it's all good though. I've had time to think about the hit.

Pendejo- I see no difference between a shoulder pad to the face of a player and an elbow. Both leave mountains of damage to the opposing player. I can give plenty of examples. It's one thing to go shoulder to chest, shoulder to ribs, or shoulder to shoulder. It's very damaging when you go shoulder pad to bare face.
If it was Gauthier hitting Afiniganov that way, I would have loved it. It's still a chicken sh!t, cheap shot hit though. That said, I don't think I'd be cheering as the dude laid motionless on the ice. Funny how Egirl fan is thought of as scum bags because they cheered when Michael Irvin laid motionless on the field, yet, no mention of Sobbers fans doing the same thing.

Retribution is on it's way. I can't wait.

BTW- Whoever used the lame ass "booing Mike Schmidt" reference..... Every superstar in every city gets booed at one time or another. Just ask John Elway.

Jens1893
04-23-2006, 01:00 PM

Go Av's

Works perfectly for me with VLC Player.

Jens1893
04-23-2006, 01:03 PM
The oil get 2 late 2nd period goals to make it 3-2 with 20 to play.

theyre due a win ... the sharks have a comfortable 3-0 lead over the preds after 2 ... cheechoo is doing his best wolski impression as he has a goal and 2 assists

Breck Bronc
04-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Good job, Oilers. I loved Roloson's little baseball swing to clear the puck there at the end.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Good job, Oilers. I loved Roloson's little baseball swing to clear the puck there at the end.

Fun game to watch.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 01:42 PM
I absolutely mean it.

You can bet that someone will take a nasty run at Campbell. I wait with anticipation.

I think it's laughable that everyone here claims Umberger is at fault because he had his head down. He didn't have his head down. He was looking back for the pass. Campbell waited like a cat anticipating lowering his shoulder pad into Umberger's face. Campbell got the job done. He achieved what he set out to do. He ended the season of a totally defenseless player. it's all good though. I've had time to think about the hit.

Pendejo- I see no difference between a shoulder pad to the face of a player and an elbow. Both leave mountains of damage to the opposing player. I can give plenty of examples. It's one thing to go shoulder to chest, shoulder to ribs, or shoulder to shoulder. It's very damaging when you go shoulder pad to bare face.
If it was Gauthier hitting Afiniganov that way, I would have loved it. It's still a chicken sh!t, cheap shot hit though. That said, I don't think I'd be cheering as the dude laid motionless on the ice. Funny how Egirl fan is thought of as scum bags because they cheered when Michael Irvin laid motionless on the field, yet, no mention of Sobbers fans doing the same thing.

BTW- Whoever used the lame ass "booing Mike Schmidt" reference..... Every superstar in every city gets booed at one time or another. Just ask John Elway.

You sound like a nucks fan.

phillybroncosnut
04-23-2006, 01:44 PM
You sound like a nucks fan.

So be it. All fans whine when they think they're player was wronged. I remember alot of Av's fans whining about a year ago as well.

Think Isle's fans whined after Dale Hunter laid out Pierre Turgeon? Think Duck fan whined when Karya was laid out by Stevens? Think Devils fans whined when Domi laid out Neidermeyer? Well, bad example. There aren't any Devils fans so scratch that one out of the example.
All fans whine. If it was Joe Sakic and not RJ Umberger, you would be whining too.

LDB
04-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Fun game to watch.

That was a hell of a game. Good on the Oil for taking it to the Wings.

Jori
04-23-2006, 01:53 PM
I have to admit, I thought Edmonton would get rolled after they lost in double OT. I think a potential short series is going to turn into a longer one.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
I have to admit, I thought Edmonton would get rolled after they lost in double OT. I think a potential short series is going to turn into a longer one.

I think the oil found out something today about the wings, lets see if Mctavish is paying attention.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 02:16 PM
So be it. All fans whine when they think they're player was wronged. I remember alot of Av's fans whining about a year ago as well.

Think Isle's fans whined after Dale Hunter laid out Pierre Turgeon? Think Duck fan whined when Karya was laid out by Stevens? Think Devils fans whined when Domi laid out Neidermeyer? Well, bad example. There aren't any Devils fans so scratch that one out of the example.
All fans whine. If it was Joe Sakic and not RJ Umberger, you would be whining too.

After a clean hit........................................nope i would be telling my boy that he needs to pay a little more attention rolling up ice like that, umberger was one step ahead of where he should have been. (And you saw the results)

Pendejo
04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
I absolutely mean it.

Yes. It is very damaging to take a shoulder to a bare face. That's why you skate with your head up. It's either that or Campbell is 6'10". You're the only person on this thread who thinks it was a dirty play.

I just hope the Flyers players are smarter than you. Stepping on the ice with revenge on your mind is a good way to go down 2-0 in a series toot sweet.

Snivel all you want...it doesn't change the fact that the hit was clean, and the Flyers let a brilliant performance by Esche be wasted.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Yes. It is very damaging to take a shoulder to a bare face. That's why you skate with your head up. It's either that or Campbell is 6'10". You're the only person on this thread who thinks it was a dirty play.

I just hope the Flyers players are smarter than you. Stepping on the ice with revenge on your mind is a good way to go down 2-0 in a series toot sweet.

Snivel all you want...it doesn't change the fact that the hit was clean, and the Flyers let a brilliant performance by Esche be wasted.

Ask lindros and primeau and kariya the keep your head up alert goes off big time during the playoffs.

Ray Finkle
04-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Here is another view of the hit....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z6tXm5ocQ&search=umberger

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 03:56 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z6tXm5ocQ&search=umberger

Man i just don't see what philly is b******* about, if philly is smart they will just come out a play hockey and beat em on the score board. Retribution doesn't win you **** just ask the nucks.

Breck Bronc
04-23-2006, 04:02 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y7z6tXm5ocQ&search=umbergerThe color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

Everything had to go wrong (from a Flyer perspective) for a clean, devastating hit like that to happen. Niko Dimitrakos led Umberger into a bad situation (ala Brian Griese to Ed McCaffrey on 9/10/01) with that little breakout pass, Umberger kept his head down a split second too long, and Brian Cambell read the play and was in perfect position to lay R.J. out.

It was a great hit, but I never like seeing players look like Umberger did after the fact.

Ray Finkle
04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Man i just don't see what philly is b******* about, if philly is smart they will just come out a play hockey and beat em on the score board. Retribution doesn't win you **** just ask the nucks.

skate with your head down and pay the price...clean hit....funny, they did not do that for Lindros when Stevens layed him out....

Pendejo
04-23-2006, 04:13 PM
The color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

Everything had to go wrong (from a Flyer perspective) for a clean, devastating hit like that to happen. Niko Dimitrakos led Umberger into a bad situation (ala Brian Griese to Ed McCaffrey on 9/10/01) with that little breakout pass, Umberger kept his head down a split second too long, and Brian Cambell read the play and was in perfect position to lay R.J. out.

It was a great hit, but I never like seeing players look like Umberger did after the fact.

Bingo. At first you get excited by the hit...but then when you see that the kid is in Oz you just hope he'll be alright.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 04:22 PM
The color analyst is right when he said, "Dimitrakos put Umberger on the trolly tracks."

That really is a killer/funny analogy.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I saw the replay of the hit. Looked clean as can be to me, and WOW! what a hit it was!
It's so ironic that someone who's lauds the "Broad Street Bullies" is whining about an awesome hit. :nono:

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2006, 06:04 PM
That was a nice hit. It was clean too.

chadta
04-23-2006, 06:26 PM
sorry philly your on your own on this one, im with the rest of the guys, it was a clean hit, as for rj being out for the season, didnt you see the wings game today, they were saying in the intermission that he wanted to go back out there that game, he is fine, hell be back, maybe not next game, but hell be back on the ice in philly for sure, also captain keith is talking about coming back sooner rather then later, i fully expect him to be back on the ice, maybe as soon as game 3 as well.

Tredici
04-23-2006, 06:40 PM
I absolutely mean it.

If you absolutely mean you want Steve Moore retribution then so be it. Take a good look at your son. And then you can hope someday someone will pile drive his head into the ice. Breaks his neck. Causes permanent damage. But what the heck? You'll be a proud Dad for his contribution to "old style" hockey.

To wish that on anyone is beyond stupid. So let it be your son.

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
I dont see what the big ***ing deal is. That was a clean hit.

Philly is going to have an annureism. It really bothers me about what he said about Moore though. This is remniscent of the Canucks after Moore's clean hit on Bertuzzi.

Philly is like Bertuzzi.

chadta
04-23-2006, 07:46 PM
i can honestly say that im alittle bothered by what he said myself, im kinda embarrased to admit that i cheer for the same team as him, that just wasnt cool philly, wishing harm on anyone, hell even if it was a cheap shot you dont wish harm on him, you want somebody to go kick the **** out of him yes, but to wish an injury on somebody, thats just not cool.

Hogan11
04-23-2006, 08:00 PM
I thought it may have been charging at first...but yeah, it was clean....vicious yes, but clean nonetheless.

I wouldn't want to see any necks broken or anything but if they could make a statement by knocking Campbell into next year, I'd be more than fine with it. Seeing a little fire out of that team and having another line besides the Forsberg one actually show up would be nice......for a change.

Sassy
04-23-2006, 08:08 PM
If you absolutely mean you want Steve Moore retribution then so be it. Take a good look at your son. And then you can hope someday someone will pile drive his head into the ice. Breaks his neck. Causes permanent damage. But what the heck? You'll be a proud Dad for his contribution to "old style" hockey.

What Philly said was really nasty and stupid and uncalled for...but I can't believe you would stoop to something as mean as this as payback, Tred.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:18 PM
For cryin out loud, the guy isn't even hurt! He took a lickin and kept on tickin'.

Nice to see other Flyers fan can man up and say it was a good hit.

Tredici
04-23-2006, 08:18 PM

What Philly said was really nasty and stupid and I disagree...but I can't believe you would stoop to something as mean as this as payback, Tred.

It's not a stoop. It's a reality. If you are willing to wish that type of harm on anyone's child, then you are willing to say it's okay if it happens to your own. If you can look at your own child with love and protection and never wanting to see any harm come to him, then you should be able to understand everyone else feels the same way about their child.

It's a frickin HOCKEY game for cryin' out loud. To be someone sitting on a couch watching TV and actively wishing REVENGE on someone is just beyond me. Steve Moore's family is still living with the reality of that careless statement by Philly.

If letting people get away with that kind of thinking is taking the high ground then I'm willing to grovel along in the mud.

This is the same guy cheering for Peter Forseberg's line. But he seems to forget Peter lost a spleen during a playoff game. Did he whine like a little baby? Did he need some other Av to be an enforcer and inflict harm on another player? The whole idea of that is just stupid. -- And it doesn't have to have a place in the sport.

The only thing the Flyers should be concentrating on is lifting the Cup. Anything else is horsepucky.

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM
Ahh.... he was just hitting Philly close to home. Im sure Campbell has a father too.

I took a puck to the balls yesterday, but after the game all I was interested in after that was the player from Czechoslovakia who shot it.

Im sure the players feel the same. It's a game, and you take that risk when you hit the ice. It was a clean hit, it just came hard.... two players in the wrong place at the wrong time, and I dont blambe him for not trying to slow it down. It can be war out there at times.

Sassy
04-23-2006, 08:23 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you in theory, Tred.
Philly was wrong...
But I guess I can't believe you actually said that.

Tredici
04-23-2006, 08:26 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you in theory, Tred.
Philly was wrong...
But I guess I can't believe you actually said that.

Well, knowing what Steve Moore's life has become I can't believe Philly actually said that. -- And I don't think Todd Bertuzzi's life took any turns for the better, either.

Sometimes I get sick of the whole smack mentality. These are just people playing games. A little perspective, please.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Well I can't believe anyone would call for 'Steve Moore retribution' at all either, and certainly not for something like that! Again, this is a fan of a team who took joy in hurting people back in the ol Broad Street days that he loves to yap about, and lookee now.....

LAME.

Hogan11
04-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Well I can't believe anyone would call for 'Steve Moore retribution' at all either, and certainly not for something like that! Again, this is a fan of a team who took joy in hurting people back in the ol Broad Street days that he loves to yap about, and lookee now.....

LAME.

Careful now.....do not break the Commandment:

Thou shall not take the legacy of the Broad Street Bullies in vain.

This has been a public service announcement, we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 08:37 PM
I saw the replay of the hit. Looked clean as can be to me, and WOW! what a hit it was!
It's so ironic that someone who's lauds the "Broad Street Bullies" is whining about an awesome hit. :nono:

It all depends on who is on the other end of the hit.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:37 PM
Come on, Hogan....that's a good point though, huh?! ;D

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:39 PM
It all depends on who is on the other end of the hit.

If it would have been an Avs player, I would still call it a good hit. No, I would call it an awesome hit and be bummed that it was our player, but I wouldn't be mad about it.

As a hockey fan, that was just wicked awesome. :thumbs:

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 08:44 PM
Ducks and the flames are having a good game, the quacks ran up a 3 goal lead before the end of the 2nd but the flames got a shg from iggy and another later from regeher*. 3-2 at the end of the 2nd.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Who's in goal for Anaheim?

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Who's in goal for Anaheim?

jiggy..

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Here we go...from his own mouth:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

Speaking of pain, Flyers forward R.J. Umberger spoke to the media Sunday and said he bears no ill will toward Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell for the open-ice hit in the first overtime of Game 1.

He said it was a clean hit and didn't expect a player like Campbell to lay one out of that magnitude.

Having said that, he was suffering some short-term memory loss and didn't feel he was knocked unconscious.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Third under way..

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM

Speaking of pain, Flyers forward R.J. Umberger spoke to the media Sunday and said he bears no ill will toward Sabres defenceman Brian Campbell for the open-ice hit in the first overtime of Game 1.

He said it was a clean hit and didn't expect a player like Campbell to lay one out of that magnitude.

Having said that, he was suffering some short-term memory loss and didn't feel he was knocked unconscious.

He didn't go sleep but he was being visited by the where the he11 iam i fairy.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:16 PM
ducks score.....4-2 on an oddman rush.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Go Ducks.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.sabresinsider.com/images/campbellhitgm1.gif

Somebody on hf has already made a avatar.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:32 PM
pp goal flames.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:37 PM
A weak hooking Penalty on the ducks with 3 clicks left.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:41 PM
game over.

Jori
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
All four road teams win today.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Ducks win?

BroncosMT
04-23-2006, 09:43 PM
Yeah the ducks won. Totally outplayed them. Deserved to win.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:45 PM
Yeah the ducks won. Totally outplayed them. Deserved to win.

The ducks are scary IMO

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 09:46 PM
To me, the Flames are much scarier when it comes to our boys. In their house, anyway.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 09:47 PM
All four road teams win today.

I hope to god our home ice mojo keeps going.

maher_tyler
04-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Dear Dish Network,

Get a clue.

What in the hell is going on with the OLN deal? Where the **** is my NHL? STFU. You cant even bring an argument. I'm so close to moving over to Direct TV over this. Beezer's so ****ing pissed he's chewing on his own tail so get off my back. The idiots that be in the NHL got together with the idiots that be at OLN and got this stupid deal together that screws hockey fans over.

Don't you know that Montana will evicerate you? STFU. Get ****ing hockey on my TV or you'll get whats coming to you. Sit down and shut up. Montana told you not to to dump OLN. Montana told you she'd ****ing make life hell for Dish Network. I'm practically in tears. This is un****ingbelievable. Montana's kittens wont stand for this. Get ****ing hockey on my tv, Dish Network! Im sick of this inbred duck hunting, bull riding shiat. STFU.
And then Dish jumps in on the act when they decide to drop OLN. Montana had OLN on that damn programming package for years, and never used it, but Montana goes to use it for the first time ever when they put hockey on, and ZING! there it goes. Remember, Montana told you this would happen when the ****ing league got greedy for money and spurned ESPN and and went with some ****ing hick network that about 100 people in the whole ****ing country watch. Hell even Beezer wont watch this shiat, but no one listened to her.

Listen you dimwits, do you people realize there are Stanley Cup final games being televised that I can't watch because of this moronic decision? Sit down and shutup.

Don't tell me the network made a "reorganizing decision". STFU.

Thanks a bunch for ruining my Stanley Cup playoff viewing. Ridiculous.
Hilarious! Thats pretty much the funniest **** i've ever read!

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 10:17 PM
OLN is doing a bio on peter stasny

maher_tyler
04-23-2006, 10:21 PM

I wouldnt say solid D...on their both goals there was serious defensive break downs...especially on the 2nd one...other than that though it was pretty good.

Clockwork Orange
04-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I wouldnt say solid D...on their both goals there was serious defensive break downs...especially on the 2nd one...other than that though it was pretty good.

They gave up two quality scroring chances in the game. I'd call that pretty damn solid D, especially considering what we've seen out of them all season.

Mtbrncofn
04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Hilarious! Thats pretty much the funniest **** i've ever read!

Still makes me laugh hysterically.

Pendejo
04-23-2006, 10:29 PM
They gave up two quality scroring chances in the game. I'd call that pretty damn solid D, especially considering what we've seen out of them all season.

Yes. Aside from the the two goals the AVS kept dallas pretty much on the perimeter. Tay-o-door made some saves, and they held the stars to 18 shots.

I hope the AVS skate as hard tomorrow night as they did yesterday...because I doubt the stars will be so stationary.

Pendejo
04-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Still makes me laugh hysterically.

The only thing missing was a reference to the "I'll kick it in your face." post.

Very funny though.

Bronx33
04-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Yes. Aside from the the two goals the AVS kept dallas pretty much on the perimeter. Tay-o-door made some saves, and they held the stars to 18 shots.

I hope the AVS skate as hard tomorrow night as they did yesterday...because I doubt the stars will be so stationary.

Defense will be the key again but limiting shots on theo is a good thing.

maher_tyler
04-23-2006, 10:55 PM
True true

Tredici
04-24-2006, 08:33 AM

Too bad Naslund couldn't have been stand up like that. Instead of a being a whiny widdle boy with a cold water sized nubbin needing some goon to give himself the illusion of being a superstar.

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 08:41 AM

that's the 1st thing I thought watching the game.....

friggen cry baby flyer fans...

Tredici
04-24-2006, 12:03 PM
that's the 1st thing I thought watching the game.....

friggen cry baby flyer fans...

So what's that got to do with Forseberg?

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
RJ will play tonight. I stand by my comments!

As far as the Broad Street Bullies (Bow) are concerned..... They would Fock your ass up period. Thebig difference between that day in the NHl and today is there was a mutual respect from one player to another. They would'nt take hard plastic and smash it into your face. They did that with their fists. Also, if anyone dared to make a hit like that, that player knew they would have an entire bench skating after them. The reprocutions of an irresponsible hit like that would have meant that player would actually have to defend themself like a man.
Simple as that.

Call it a clean hit all you want. That type of hit (LOWERING the shoulder pad into the jaw/face) needs to be outlawed.

bronco militia
04-24-2006, 12:41 PM
So what's that got to do with Forseberg?

nothing...just wanted to update the pic

;D

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 12:47 PM

What Philly said was really nasty and stupid and uncalled for...but I can't believe you would stoop to something as mean as this as payback, Tred.

No biggie Sass. I looked right passed the comment. I don't get bent over personal attacks on a message board. If it got something off of Tred's chest, that's a good thing for her. She's more then welcome to vent just like I vented.
The thing that cracks me up is these so called hockey fans are sitting here saying they would feel it was a clean hit if it happened to Sakic. Nothing can be further from the truth. I'm trying to make the point that that particular hit (lowering the shoulder into a players jaw) should be banned. That's the major beef. Somehow, if it doesn't happen to an Av's player, it falls on deaf ears. They claim it's RJ's fault for "having his head down". They don't realize that RJ was doing what every player in the NHL does 10 times a game. he was looking back for the pass. He didn't have his head down, rather, he looked behind him for the pass.

Thanks for having my back (for Tred's comments), but, I never thought twice about the comments. I actually chuckled.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 12:53 PM
RJ will play tonight. I stand by my comments!

As far as the Broad Street Bullies (Bow) are concerned..... They would Fock your ass up period. Thebig difference between that day in the NHl and today is there was a mutual respect from one player to another. They would'nt take hard plastic and smash it into your face. They did that with their fists. Also, if anyone dared to make a hit like that, that player knew they would have an entire bench skating after them. The reprocutions of an irresponsible hit like that would have meant that player would actually have to defend themself like a man.
Simple as that.

Call it a clean hit all you want. That type of hit (LOWERING the shoulder pad into the jaw/face) needs to be outlawed.

Explain how you can lower your shoulder into another man's face unless the dude's head was down. Even the recipient of the hit said it was fine...he just didn't expect it from a player like Campbell. It is a player's responsibility to protect himself too. Obviously you can't prevent a cheap shot, but you can avoid a hit like Campbells, or at least take some of the force out of it by looking where the fvck you're going.

Quick...send Umberger a message, and tell him that you're right and he's wrong.

Hypothetical question...what if the Flyers do as you want and A)Send Brashear to fight Campbell, but Campbell weathers the storm. Will that satisfy your bloodlust? Or do you demand that Campbell keeps fighting until he finally gets knocked out of the game? B) They take runs at him all night, and wind up in the penatly box and lose by about 7 goals? Will that do the trick?

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 12:56 PM
No biggie Sass. I looked right passed the comment. I don't get bent over personal attacks on a message board. If it got something off of Tred's chest, that's a good thing for her. She's more then welcome to vent just like I vented.
The thing that cracks me up is these so called hockey fans are sitting here saying they would feel it was a clean hit if it happened to Sakic. Nothing can be further from the truth. I'm trying to make the point that that particular hit (lowering the shoulder into a players jaw) should be banned. That's the major beef. Somehow, if it doesn't happen to an Av's player, it falls on deaf ears. They claim it's RJ's fault for "having his head down". They don't realize that RJ was doing what every player in the NHL does 10 times a game. he was looking back for the pass. He didn't have his head down, rather, he looked behind him for the pass.

Thanks for having my back (for Tred's comments), but, I never thought twice about the comments. I actually chuckled.

Watch the video again princess. He looks behind him for the pass, but he's looking down at the puck when he gets nailed.

By the way genius...the Avs have had players knocked clean out of the playoffs before...and I can't recall any of them acting like you...a la a sniveling little b!tch.

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Explain how you can lower your shoulder into another man's face unless the dude's head was down. Even the recipient of the hit said it was fine...he just didn't expect it from a player like Campbell. It is a player's responsibility to protect himself too. Obviously you can't prevent a cheap shot, but you can avoid a hit like Campbells, or at least take some of the force out of it by looking where the fvck you're going.

Quick...send Umberger a message, and tell him that you're right and he's wrong.

Hypothetical question...what if the Flyers do as you want and A)Send Brashear to fight Campbell, but Campbell weathers the storm. Will that satisfy your bloodlust? Or do you demand that Campbell keeps fighting until he finally gets knocked out of the game? B) They take runs at him all night, and wind up in the penatly box and lose by about 7 goals? Will that do the trick?

I don't have to explain how you lower your shoulder into a guys face. Look at the clip. It show's it perfectly.

Hypothetical answer..... Everytime he touchs the puck, get a body on him. That's the trick.

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 12:59 PM
Watch the video again princess. He looks behind him for the pass, but he's looking down at the puck when he gets nailed.

By the way genius...the Avs have had players knocked clean out of the playoffs before...and I can't recall any of them acting like you...a la a sniveling little b!tch.

Atta boy. Feel better now?

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 01:03 PM

I just looked at the clip. He's not looking down. He just turned his head after taking the pass. What I did see though, is Campbell lowering his shoulder perfectly to land on Umby's face.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 01:12 PM
I just looked at the clip. He's not looking down (Wrong). He just turned his head after taking the pass. What I did see though, is Campbell lowering his shoulder perfectly to land on Umby's face.

Right because his head was down.

Actually you finally have me convinced. Campbell should have greeted him with a big hug and a kiss, just gotten out of his way, or at the very least shouted out a warning.

Good thing you have a problem with it...because Umberger doesn't seem to.

phillybroncosnut
04-24-2006, 01:17 PM
Right.

Actually you finally have me convinced. I should greet you with a big hug and a kiss.

Glad I could have been of service to you. I don't really kiss other men. It's okay if you slide that way, but I prefer woman. I'll gladly shake your hand though!

Breck Bronc
04-24-2006, 01:58 PM

Thanks for having my back (for Tred's comments), but, I never thought twice about the comments. I actually chuckled.It's ironic because Sakic was hit with a dirty check from behind on Saturday courtesy of Niklas Hagman.

And not just Avalanche fans say the hit was clean. Everyone, including other Flyers fans (and even Umberger himself), feels that Cambell's hit was brutal but within the rules.

Once again, Dimitrakos is most at fault for giving his teammate a suicide pass when he had ample time to skate the puck out of the zone himself.

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 01:59 PM
I just looked at the clip. He's not looking down. He just turned his head after taking the pass. What I did see though, is Campbell lowering his shoulder perfectly to land on Umby's face.

You would think he would try to avoid the hit if he saw it coming but he didn't ya wanna know why (he was looking for the puck) plus umby is bent over reaching for the puck, he pretty much teed himself up.

Hogan11
04-24-2006, 02:04 PM

Maybe.

I, for one, fully expect Brashear, amongst others, to come out rockin' tonight and will be disappointed if they don't. That hit by Campbell, though clean, should be seen as a challenge to the Flyers manhood. As such, they should respond in kind. The Flyers need something to be fired up about IMO....they need other lines besides Pete's to show up...they've appeared totally flat to me and if that doesn't shake them out of it, nothing will.

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 02:06 PM
Maybe.

I, for one, fully expect Brashear, amongst others, to come out rockin' tonight and will be disappointed if they don't. That hit by Campbell, though clean, should be seen as a challenge to the Flyers manhood. As such, they should respond in kind. The Flyers need something to be fired up about IMO....they need other lines besides Pete's to show up...they've appeared totally flat to me and if that doesn't shake them out of it, nothing will.

It should raise the level (hopefully it's televised here) but the flyers have to be careful not to hurt themselves taking penalties.

Breck Bronc
04-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Maybe.

I, for one, fully expect Brashear, amongst others, to come out rockin' tonight and will be disappointed if they don't. That hit by Campbell, though clean, should be seen as a challenge to the Flyers manhood. As such, they should respond in kind. The Flyers need something to be fired up about IMO....they need other lines besides Pete's to show up...they've appeared totally flat to me and if that doesn't shake them out of it, nothing will.Most people expected the Flyers to physically dominate the smaller, faster Sabres. Then Cambell goes out and does his best Scott Stevens impersonation.

The remaining games in this series are going to be real chippy and I'm going to be watching every second of it (that doesn't overlap with Avalanche games).

Tredici
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM

This is a "so called" hockey fan who agrees that most fans would be screaming foul if it happened to any one of their team's players. That's a lot different than wishing for Steve Moore retribution. If you call my attack personal but yours simply the remark of "real" hockey fan, well, we find all sorts of justifications for our own duplicity.

By the way Sakic did take a cheap boarding shot in the Dallas game. Yet, strangely enough, I haven't seen one of the so called blind homie Av fans calling for any additional Dallas battering.

BTW - I knew you wouldn't take it personal when Sass got alarmed. But in all honestly wishing that type of injury on someone else is bush league.

alkemical
04-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Just another flyer skating with his head down is all that happened. It was a clean hit, and by claiming to 'ban' a shoulder hit to the jaw is pussification - plan pandis!

Al Wilson
04-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Bad game from Sens 'D'. Redden's presence was really missed. Damn it. Still pissed from the game..How can they blow a 3-2 lead in the third. They'll win in Tampa.

24champ
04-24-2006, 03:11 PM
Maybe.

Exactly I agree with that whole post. Philly should come out rocking tonight!

chadta
04-24-2006, 04:33 PM

LAME.

altho i was only like 3 during the hay days of the broad street bullies, i must clarify, they were biligerant fighters, NOT cheap shot specialists, there is a huge difference.

Too bad Naslund couldn't have been stand up like that. Instead of a being a whiny widdle boy with a cold water sized nubbin needing some goon to give himself the illusion of being a superstar.

i wanted to say that it was because umberger was a canadian and not a whiny bitch european, but i forgot hes an american, good for him.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 04:37 PM
Maybe.

Like Bronx33 said in the post below yours...it's fine to come out fired up, and looking to take the body early...but if you lose discipline you might settle the alleged score with Campbell...while putting your team down a man consistently.

I think that the Flyers will come out taking the big hits when they are within the play. I don't think Hitchcock will allow it to get out of control. I imagine the Flyers are far more concerned with evening up the series than taking a run at Campbell...especially since the hit was clearly legit. If not...they'll lose the game. And rightfully so.

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, judging by what everyone here said about the hit, positioning.... acceleration, whatever, all that I have concluded is that Philly doesent know because he's never played hockey. It was a clean, brutal hit. Unfortunate that someone got hurt, and anytime you see a hit like that retribution will occur, but you NEVER try to hurt anyone out there.

chadta
04-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Like Bronx33 said in the post below yours...it's fine to come out fired up, and looking to take the body early...but if you lose discipline you might settle the alleged score with Campbell...while putting your team down a man consistently.

I think that the Flyers will come out taking the big hits when they are within the play. I don't think Hitchcork will allow it to get out of control. I imagine the Flyers are far more concerned with evening up the series than taking a run at Campbell...especially since the hit was clearly legit. If not...they'll lose the game. And rightfully so.

BUT id also like to add that if the game gets to be a 3 or 4 goal lead for either team, then loook out baby, remember what happened against ottawa the game after the havlat slash ? 3 face offs in a row everybody on the ice dropped the gloves, i can see that happening again, but like i said only if the game is well at hand or already gone.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 04:55 PM
BUT id also like to add that if the game gets to be a 3 or 4 goal lead for either team, then loook out baby, remember what happened against ottawa the game after the havlat slash ? 3 face offs in a row everybody on the ice dropped the gloves, i can see that happening again, but like i said only if the game is well at hand or already gone.

Perhaps, but most likely not...unless some more shenanigans take place.

Hit 'em in the mouth (legally) and hurt 'em on the scoreboard. There's no more satisfying retribution than that.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, judging by what everyone here said about the hit, positioning.... acceleration, whatever, all that I have concluded is that Philly doesent know because he's never played hockey. It was a clean, brutal hit. Unfortunate that someone got hurt, and anytime you see a hit like that retribution will occur, but you NEVER try to hurt anyone out there.

Umberger took part in Philly's morning skate, and proclaimed himself ready to go, but hasn't yet been cleared by the docs (espn.com)...so it looks like he'll be ok. Saying that I bet it will be awhile before he skates across the blueline with his head down. I think everyone hopes he can play.

Also...it looks like Brashear is going to be a scratch tonight.

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Well, in Philly's defense, I think everyone has said things that they don't mean in the heat of the moment. I still dont understand why he didnt retract the comment.

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 05:50 PM
BUT id also like to add that if the game gets to be a 3 or 4 goal lead for either team, then loook out baby

Well, it's 4-0 Buffalo. Let the fireworks begin.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Well, in Philly's defense, I think everyone has said things that they don't mean in the heat of the moment. I still dont understand why he didnt retract the comment.

Because he honestly believes it was a cheap hit. From what I gather he believes that Campbell aimed his shoulder at Umberger's face.

Right now it doesn't matter...as the Flyers are getting smoked. Let's see if a melee ensues.

clean
04-24-2006, 06:09 PM
First Period Intermission:

Buffalo 5
Philadelphia 0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/scoreboard

Ray Finkle
04-24-2006, 06:10 PM
Dammit how many players are the rangers going to lose to injury and still take stupid penalties...

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 06:11 PM

Buffalo 5
Philadelphia 0

I can't believe that Hitchcock didn't pull Esche sooner. 5 goals on 10 shots, ouch.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 06:17 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
6-1 Buffalo. Denis Gauthier has been tossed for a hit from behind.

clean
04-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Denis Gauthier: 5 Minutes for Checking From Behind
Denis Gauthier: 10-Minute Game Misconduct

Denis Gauthier kicked out for a real cheap shot.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 06:37 PM
6-1 Buffalo. Denis Gauthier has been tossed for a hit from behind.

I didn't see the hit...I've got the Rangers/Devils game...how bad was it? Use the hit on Sakic Saturday as a bench mark. Worse? About the same?

The refs aren't going to let things get out of control. Their going to kick people out. If things get out of hand...suspensions will follow.

The Bertuzzi incident was a real black eye.

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
I didn't see the hit...I've got the Rangers/Devils game...how bad was it? Use the hit on Sakic Saturday as a bench mark. Worse? About the same?

The refs aren't going to let things get out of control. Their going to kick people out. If things get out of hand...suspensions will follow.

The Bertuzzi incident was a real black eye.

It was pretty similar to the Hagman hit on Sakic. No injury on the play but the referees made the call because the likelihood of this game getting out of hand is pretty high. Gauthier also has a rep for hitting from behind, so that might have played into it as well.

SoCalBronco
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
wow. Devils kill off 5 on 3 and right when it ends, Madden gets out of the box, picks up the loose puck and scores. (Ozolinsh knocks it in! lol)

3-0 NJ.

chadta
04-24-2006, 06:43 PM
ok so here i sit, im not pissed off enough cuz the flyers are getting smoked, but now i expect fireworks, i want blood (so to speak) but because the game is so far out of hand, TSN has decided to show the devils rangers game instead of the philly game, so i wont even get to see all the good stuff.

man i miss my direct tv, canadian cable sucks

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 06:44 PM
It was pretty similar to the Hagman hit on Sakic. No injury on the play but the referees made the call because the likelihood of this game getting out of hand is pretty high. Gauthier also has a rep for hitting from behind, so that might have played into it as well.

Good.

Enough Flyers talk.

I hope the AVS are able to survive the opening barrage that the stars are going to throw at them. In games like this the first 10 minutes are huge.

I didn't realize how much I missed playoff hockey until this weekend.

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 06:45 PM
ok so here i sit, im not pissed off enough cuz the flyers are getting smoked, but now i expect fireworks, i want blood (so to speak) but because the game is so far out of hand, TSN has decided to show the devils rangers game instead of the philly game, so i wont even get to see all the good stuff.

man i miss my direct tv, canadian cable sucks

You're not alone. I was getting the TSN feed of the game on Center Ice and they switched over to NY/NJ. So now I have that game on two different channels and no Flyers/Sabres.

chadta
04-24-2006, 07:23 PM
avs up 1-0

chadta
04-24-2006, 07:24 PM
oh btw, they stopped showing the rangers devils game now too, and are showing the avs stars game

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
oh btw, they stopped showing the rangers devils game now too, and are showing the avs stars game

HAH! I'm waiting for the Rangers/Devils game to end.

Oh well...at least I'm not mt...and will get to see the game at some point.

chadta
04-24-2006, 07:28 PM
2-0 maybe

under review

chadta
04-24-2006, 07:29 PM
btw i dont really care who wins the avs stars, im just post whoring, apparently around this place the more posts you have the smarter you are.

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:34 PM
New Jersey is raping the Rangers again.

Colorado up 2-0....

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:35 PM

Buffalo 5
Philadelphia 0

:rofl: LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL :rofl:

Cool Breeze
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Wow! Not even 5 minutes into it, and 2 goal lead!!!:)

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:38 PM
3-0!!

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:40 PM
The Avs have three GOALS and the Stars only have two SHOTS LOL Its a good night.

chadta
04-24-2006, 07:41 PM
wow carolina just tied montreal to force overtime, guess thats the game to watch, couple x flyers on carolina so i guess i can cheer for them, altho as i said earlier i dont think they will win.

ludo21
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Nice!!!

Wtg Avvs!!!

edit: 3-0!!

WOW!!

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM

F**K-freaking-YEAH.... Im getting the game tonight :yayaya:

Cool Breeze
04-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Looks like they are a little hungry...
Lets hope the Nuggets are half as much tonight.

Hogan11
04-24-2006, 07:51 PM
Is it okay to get pissed over this performance by the Flyers yet?

Just checking.....cause I'm fuming over here!

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 07:52 PM

Nope hogan it's still to early.

Hogan11
04-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Nope hogan it's still to early.

Somehow, I'm beginning to think it's all too late......:(

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 07:59 PM
I take joy in the suffering of the Flyers.... they shouldent have signed Forsberg. Well, that and loser-ass fans like Philly.

Flyers suck.

Jori
04-24-2006, 08:04 PM
OLN is back for Dish Network subscribers!

hades
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Yiiiipie! My friend who is a diehard Stars fan thinks the Stars are lucky to be in the playoffs. They won 14 or 15 games in OT by winning the shootout or whatever they call it. While that may be good, no shootouts in playoff hockey, gotta score a goal to win.

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Well everything is just peaches and cream then?

Disco Man
04-24-2006, 08:11 PM
The HABS are going to drive me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hogan11
I take joy in the suffering of the Flyers.... they shouldent have signed Forsberg. Well, that and loser-ass fans like Philly.

Flyers suck.

Comments like this make it awfully difficult to remain cordial.

Ray Finkle

As a Ranger fan, I feel your pain...

Disco Man
04-24-2006, 08:13 PM
If we can pull this off we take a death grip on the series going back to Montreal

Disco Man
04-24-2006, 08:17 PM
Comments like this make it awfully difficult to remain cordial.
.............we were jobbed I know Hogan had something to do with this

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 08:17 PM
2 garbage goals by dallas

hades
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Well F***

Kid A
04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Good god...3-3

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
damn

Hogan11
04-24-2006, 08:29 PM
.............we were jobbed I know Hogan had something to do with this

Ha! I was at the "Get me something to drink" point halfway through the first period.

Disco Man
04-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Habs and Canes go to 2nd overtime......I can't take this....somebody get me something to drink........you dummy

Archer81
04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Guy I work with named Dave loves the Aves as much as I love the Broncos. Happy the Aves are up.

:Broncos:

Breck Bronc
04-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Not good. Not good at all. Sakic and Hejduk made a couple of real bad defensive plays in the second period.

The Altitude cameraman should be fired for his performance tonight. Whoever it is can't follow the puck at all.

WyoLaw
04-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I don't have cable. What the hell happened in the second period?

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
If we could just erase that second period, I'd be happy. That blew.

broncohaven
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
who's carrying the game?

WyoLaw
04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
What the hell happened in the second period?

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
HAH! I'm waiting for the Rangers/Devils game to end.

Oh well...at least I'm not mt...and will get to see the game at some point.

Hey! I get to see it tonight...it's on Altitude. And for the record, I was able to watch the whole Flyers/Sabres game too, so :P.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 09:04 PM
OLN is back for Dish Network subscribers!

SERIOUSLY?!!! If not, this is a cruel joke, Jori. ;)

It had to have been mine and Bronx's emails that pushed em over the edge. ;D

Breck Bronc
What the hell happened in the second period?A bunch of bad bounces and some bad defensive plays. The momentum has changed 180 degrees.

Bronco_Beerslug
AVs down going into the 3rd, 4-3.

Game is on OLN.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM

Dallas scored a lot of goals. That one off the Jose's back had to be the worst luck! It was like it was in slo mo.....Joe just sat there and watched it come down from the air and off his back and in.

Pendejo
04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm disappointed in a few things after two periods of play...1) At the beginning of the second period Skrastins got the old slew foot put to him, and it was a non call. They called it at the other end. They were both penalties. I guess the refs can't see everything. 2) I didn't see Blake hold morrow in real time, or during the replay. I'm not saying it didn't happen I just haven't seen it yet. 3) I'm disappointed in the way the AVS skated in the 2nd period...they're smaller than the stars but not slower.

I don't think Tay-o-door looks comfortable in the nets at all. Perhaps the goals were flukey, but he's sprawling a lot. His mechanics (what I know of them) look for sh!t. He's fighting the puck. I also thought Modano kicked the puck with his left foot not the right in real time...but I guess it didn't appear that way in the replays...in any case it was a bad penalty by Tanguay...and those end of the period goals are real bastards to overcome...

Let's hope (AVS fans...the only fans that matter on this thread)...the boys can rally and ratchet up the intensity a bit...or a lot...

I think Theo needs a sports psychologist...he's erratic in his crease...

Gawd this is fun!!!!

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
It's not a cruel joke! I'm stoked now! Thanks, Dish.

SoCal, did you send that mock like email? ;D Maybe that pushed em over the edge.

Disco Man
04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
And the Canadiens go up 2-0 on the Canes........I'm not the kind of guy to say I told ya so, but I told ya so

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 09:38 PM

The luckiest four goals you will ever see.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey Hey!!!!! AVs tie it with 2 minutes left!!!

Bronco_Beerslug
04-24-2006, 09:49 PM
Wow! AVs just survived a Stars 2 man advantage, now Stars have power play rest of game.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
OT, Stars have 34 seconds left on the power play.

Kid A
04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Overtime! Now this is officially playoff hockey.

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
wow what a game! tied up 4-4 going into OT

Bronco_Beerslug
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah!!!!!!! Avs!!!!!!!!! HUGH Victory!!!!!

Cool Breeze
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
Hell Yeah!
5-4 win in O.T.!!!

cabronco
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
WTG Avs !!

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
liles with the OT winner!

Bronco_Beerslug
04-24-2006, 10:15 PM
A lot of heart tonight! Gave up 4 unanswered goals and came back for the OT win.

Mtbrncofn
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
What a game! Holy smokes, I think I'll need a Valium to sleep tonight after that one.

Memo to the refs: quit hosin us, you bastards.

spdirty
04-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Ha!!!!!! 2-0 Coming Home!!!!!!!!!

I Have Tickets To Game 4, Maybe I Should Bring A Broom!!!!!

Bronx33
04-24-2006, 10:18 PM
What a game! Holy smokes, I think I'll need a Valium to sleep tonight after that one.

Memo to the refs: quit hosin us, you bastards.

I put on my jersey and lucky hat to start the 3rd, just so ya know they won because of me.

Clockwork Orange
04-24-2006, 10:18 PM
They had it, they lost it, they took it back. Hopefully this is a gentle reminder that they have to play every period as if it's their last. One bad period nearly cost them the game, but Liles with the OT winner and the Avs come home with a stranglehold on this series.

So much for "Dallas in 5." :laugh: