PDA

View Full Version : General Hockey Thread v2.0

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Pendejo
04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
And Svatos.

Just sayin....

Not quite in their class, but not too far behind. Unfortunately he has porcelain shoulders. This isn't even the second time that he's missed a lot of time due to his shoulders.

He's a hell of an offensive player though...it's just...

You know.

Breck Bronc
04-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Dion Phaneuf is just as good at his position as Ovechkin and Crosby are at forward. Forwards naturally get more attention, especially when they play on the east coast.

It's not going to be fun playing against this guy 8 times a year for Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Vancouver.

I thought Theodore was very good tonight in net. He stopped a bunch of great scoring chances. His weakness was shown on Edmonton's game winning goal; shots over the shoulder and under the crossbar are tough for most goalies, particularly smaller ones like Jose.

The defense needs to step it up big time in the playoffs and hopefully Wolski can spark the team a little. Dallas will be favored, but any team with Sakic, Blake, Tanguay and Hejduk and some good role players will not be easy to beat. I just wish we had another option on the blueline other than Brisebois (and Liles sometimes, too).

Pendejo
04-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Dion Phaneuf is just as good at his position as Ovechkin and Crosby are at forward. Forwards naturally get more attention, especially when they play on the east coast.

It's not going to be fun playing against this guy 8 times a year for Colorado, Edmonton, Minnesota, and Vancouver.

I thought Theodore was very good tonight in net. He stopped a bunch of great scoring chances. His weakness was shown on Edmonton's game winning goal; shots over the shoulder and under the crossbar are tough for most goalies, particularly smaller ones like Jose.

The defense needs to step it up big time in the playoffs and hopefully Wolski can spark the team a little. Dallas will be favored, but any team with Sakic, Blake, Tanguay and Hejduk and some good role players will not be easy to beat. I just wish we had another option on the blueline other than Brisebois (and Liles sometimes, too).

Great take.

Dion Phaneuf is an outstanding player. He won't garner the votes that Ovechkin, and Crosby will. There are some Norris trophies in his horizon.

The Av's defense is doing what they can. Blake is playing well. Liles (as Tredici pointed out) plays hard, and Skrastins is steady. Sauer makes Skoula look hard nosed, and Clark gets the most out of his abilities.

Cripes...that's what they've got at the blueline.

I'd love to see them advance...it's always possible if the guy in the nets gets hot. They can score goals, but I'm just not sure if they can prevent them.

If Tay-O-Door goes Vezina...then the Avs have a chance...otherwise...they're out in 6 at the most.

broncocalijohn
04-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Went to tonights Ducks vs Calgary showdown which in all respects lost most of its necessary needs for a win with Avs losing, but Ducks needed to get in the playoffs on a winning run after the horrible road trip. Game notes had two pages of penalties with many of them for fighting. If this is what to figure for next week's start of the 3 vs 6 match up, this will be epic. I like the matches of the Avs and Stars and Predators turning it around in time to take on the new hot team the Sharks. Good western conference match ups.

alkemical
04-18-2006, 09:55 AM
svatos is good - phaneuf is phan-onemonal -

but crosby hit 100 MF'ers!

:)

bronco militia
04-18-2006, 10:27 AM
svatos is made of glass and only gets about 12 minutes a night....

PL would be smart to trade him while he still has value.

bronco militia
04-18-2006, 10:50 AM
Andrew Peters showing the Leafs' bench what they'll be doing soon.
(scroll down for the link)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Pendejo
04-18-2006, 02:01 PM
Andrew Peters showing the Leafs' bench what they'll be doing soon.
(scroll down for the link)

http://www.hockeyfights.com/videos/

Hah! F the Leafs.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2006, 07:53 PM
Crosby with Goal # 39 on the year, Point #101.

I know this is greedy since he already got his 100, but I want that 40th goal!

EDIT: Crosby with an assist. 102 points.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Caps end with a win and Ovechkin has an assist. 52-54-106 and a +2 and 3rd in the NHL in scoring, only about 20 points better than what I thought would be a great season.

Jori
04-18-2006, 09:07 PM
The Atlantic Division crown switched hands twice tonight, but after being down 3-0 and with the Rangers losing, the New Jersey Devils pull off a huge comeback against Montreal and wind up finishing with the third seed. With that, your Eastern Conference playoff matchups:

(1) Ottawa Senators versus (8) Tampa Bay Lightning
(2) Carolina Hurricanes versus (7) Montreal Canadiens
(3) New Jersey Devils versus (6) New York Rangers
(4) Buffalo Sabres versus (5) Philadelphia Flyers

Clockwork Orange
04-18-2006, 09:09 PM
Thee New Jersey Devils finish the season with 11 straight wins and come all the way back to win the Atlantic Division. The Eastern Conference is now set.

1. Ottawa vs 8. Tampa Bay
2. Carolina vs 7. Montreal
3. New Jersey vs 6. NY Rangers
4. Buffalo vs 5. Philadelphia

SoCalBronco
04-18-2006, 09:11 PM
The Atlantic Division crown switched hands twice tonight, but after being down 3-0 and with the Rangers losing, the New Jersey Devils pull off a huge comeback against Montreal and wind up finishing with the third seed. With that, your Eastern Conference playoff matchups:

(1) Ottawa Senators versus (8) Tampa Bay Lightning
(2) Carolina Hurricanes versus (7) Montreal Canadiens
(3) New Jersey Devils versus (6) New York Rangers
(4) Buffalo Sabres versus (5) Philadelphia Flyers

Cool. I didnt want Philly winning the division and getting home ice. They will have their hands full with Buffalo.

SoCal's First Round Picks

(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 2

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 4
(6) New York 2

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 3

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 2

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 3

(3) Calgary 3
(6) Anaheim 4

(4) Nashville 1
(5) San Jose 4

Jori
04-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Predictions folks?

Here's mine:

East

Ottawa over Tampa Bay in four games
Montreal over Carolina in six games
New Jersey over New York in six games
Buffalo over Philadelphia in seven games

West

Detroit over Edmonton in five games
Dallas over Colorado in six games
Calgary over Anaheim in seven games
San Jose over Nashville in six games

Clockwork Orange
04-18-2006, 09:20 PM
Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 6
New Jersey over New York in 5
Philadelphia over Buffalo in 6

Detroit over Edmonton in 5
Colorado over Dallas in 6
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 6

Mtbrncofn
04-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Predictions folks?

Here's mine:

East

Ottawa over Tampa Bay in four games
Montreal over Carolina in six games
New Jersey over New York in six games
Buffalo over Philadelphia in seven games

West

Detroit over Edmonton in five games
Dallas over Colorado in six games
Calgary over Anaheim in seven games
San Jose over Nashville in six games

First, I must say last night I pulled a SoCal, and cheered for a loss. I really did not want the Avs to have to face Calgary...at home. Yikes.

My predictions:
Ottawa over TB in 4
Carolina over the Habs in 6 ( although those Habs certainly are a hot commodity )
NJ over NY in 7
Buffalo over Philly in 7

West:
Detwat over Edmonton in 6
Dallas over our beloved Avs in 6 too
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 7

There they are. I can't wait for the playoffs to start! !Booya!

Ray Finkle
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
NJ has never beat the Rangers in the playoffs....that streak will stay alive...not having Kasper or Lundqvist down the stretch hurt the rangers...

Clockwork Orange
04-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Congrats to Joe Thornton on winning the Art Ross Trophy (he should add the Hart Trophy to that in my opinion) and Jonathon Cheechoo on the Rocket Richard Trophy.

If Cheechoo gets any kind of bonus for winning the award, he should split it with Thornton immediatly. He had 7 goals in 24 games before Thornton arrived and 49 goals in 58 games afterwards.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2006, 09:31 PM
NJ has never beat the Rangers in the playoffs....that streak will stay alive...not having Kasper or Lundqvist down the stretch hurt the rangers...

Im sorry but your going to get raped by NJ.

They are playing so good right now and Marty is going to own.

Mtbrncofn
04-18-2006, 09:35 PM

I agree, they are scary right now. Of course, Melrose is drooling all over them like a b!tch in heat. They are peaking at just the right time. I think that might be a pretty interesting series to watch.

Mtbrncofn
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Congrats to Joe Thornton on winning the Art Ross Trophy (he should add the Hart Trophy to that in my opinion) and Jonathon Cheechoo on the Rocket Richard Trophy.

If Cheechoo gets any kind of bonus for winning the award, he should split it with Thornton immediatly. He had 7 goals in 24 games before Thornton arrived and 49 goals in 58 games afterwards.

Wonder how Boston is feeling about that right now? Geez, talk about a mad dash to wrap those up. I thought for sure it was going to be Jagr for the Art Ross.

Clockwork Orange
04-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Wonder how Boston is feeling about that right now?

That has to be the most one-sided NHL trade since the Habs sent Patrick Roy to Colorado (along with Mike Keane) for Jocelyn Thibault, Andrei Kovalenko and Martin Rucinsky. It'll look even worse if Marco Sturm ends up back in San Jose this summer as has been rumored.

To think that now former Bruins GM Mike O'Connell said, at the time of the trade, that Thornton wasn't a top 10 player in the NHL. :giggle:

Mtbrncofn
04-18-2006, 09:59 PM
That has to be the most one-sided NHL trade since the Habs sent Patrick Roy to Colorado (along with Mike Keane) for Jocelyn Thibault, Andrei Kovalenko and Martin Rucinsky. It'll look even worse if Marco Sturm ends up back in San Jose this summer as has been rumored.

To think that now former Bruins GM Mike O'Connell said, at the time of the trade, that Thornton wasn't a top 10 player in the NHL. :giggle:

Really? Sturm is rumored to be headed back, possibly? Ooooo, this is just getting worse and worse for Beantown.

I probably wouldn't go out alone at night if I was O'Connell.

broncocalijohn
04-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Ottawa over Tampa in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 5
New Jersey over New York in 5
Buffalo over Phily in 7

Detroit over Edmonton in 4
Dallas over Colorado in 6
Anaheim over Calgary in 7
San Jose over Nashville in 6

How can we make this a point system to see who comes the closest to perfection?

24champ
04-19-2006, 02:52 AM
24's First Round Picks

(1) Ottawa 4
(8) Tampa Bay 1

(2) Carolina 4
(7) Montreal 2

(3) New Jersey 3
(6) New York 4

(4) Buffalo 4
(5) Philadelphia 2

(1) Detroit 4
(8) Edmonton 3

(2) Dallas 4
(7) Colorado 1

(3) Calgary 4
(6) Anaheim 2

(4) Nashville 0
(5) San Jose 4

Detroit typically sucks in the first round, Calgary is too physical for the quacks, San Jose is going to tear up the predators.

Jens1893
04-19-2006, 07:10 AM
are the guys at espn.com drunk? svatos in the mvp voting?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2139

phillybroncosnut
04-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Sens over Ning in 4
Canes over Habs in 6
Devils over Rangers in 4
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Wings over Oilers in 5
Stars over Lanche in 5
Flames over Ducks in 6
Pred's over Sharks in 7

Devils over the Stars in the Cup Finals. Marty will win the Conn Smythe.

alkemical
04-19-2006, 11:34 AM
sens in 4, canes in 5, devils in 4, flyers in 5

wings in 6, stars in 5, flames in 4, sharks in 4

Jori
04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
The Avs recalled Wolski and Jeff "pull my" Finger.

Mtbrncofn
04-19-2006, 11:50 AM
are the guys at espn.com drunk? svatos in the mvp voting?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/polling?event_id=2139

Hey now! ;D

Mtbrncofn
04-19-2006, 11:51 AM
The Avs recalled Wolski and Jeff "pull my" Finger.

Cool beans, man.

Mtbrncofn
04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Is Modano healthy?

Smiling Assassin27
04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
it's all Liar's Poker at this point. everything that comes out of every player, coach, GM, and zamboni driver should be considered a blatant lie. in fact, i may be lying right now...

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 07:32 PM

I will except your apology in a couple fo weeks....special teams and goalies win in the playoffs. The Rangers have better PK/PP then the Devs....It comes down to Lundy vs Marty.....

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 07:33 PM

No way Thornton earns the Hart. The Sharks had talent in Marleu and Cheech as well as others before the season. The Rangers without Jagr would have been worse then the Caps...

Clockwork Orange
04-19-2006, 07:34 PM
No way Thornton earns the Hart. The Sharks had talent in Marleu and Cheech as well as others before the season. The Rangers without Jagr would have been worse then the Caps...

The Sharks were in last place when Thornton got there.

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 07:36 PM
The Sharks were in last place when Thornton got there.

They had talent but were slumping....everyone picked it up after that trade. Can you honestly say that Thornton made more of a difference then Jagr? The Sharks would have been in playoff contention without Joe....Can't say that for the Rangers.

Pendejo
04-19-2006, 07:45 PM
They had talent but were slumping....everyone picked it up after that trade. Can you honestly say that Thornton made more of a difference then Jagr? The Sharks would have been in playoff contention without Joe....Can't say that for the Rangers.

A) Thornton was the biggest difference maker hands down in the NHL this season. All you have to do is look at where the fish were before he arrived, and after.

2) It's pure conjecture to say that the Sharks would have been contenders without Thornton. He's been one of the top young players in the league for a number of years...just stuck with what has become a crap organization. He showed this year what he's capable of when given a chance. How is Glen Murray faring these days?

I don't think too many teams would take Jagr over Thornton...not at this point in their respective careers anyway.

Anyone have the odds on which of his ovaries Jagr is going to tear this post season? Obviously we all know he'll quit when the going gets tough, and things aren't going his way.

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 07:57 PM
A) Thornton was the biggest difference maker hands down in the NHL this season. All you have to do is look at where the fish were before he arrived, and after.

2) It's pure conjecture to say that the Sharks would have been contenders without Thornton. He's been one of the top young players in the league for a number of years...just stuck with what has become a crap organization. He showed this year what he's capable of when given a chance. How is Glen Murray faring these days?

I don't think too many teams would take Jagr over Thornton...not at this point in their respective careers anyway.

Anyone have the odds on which of his ovaries Jagr is going to tear this post season? Obviously we all know he'll quit when the going gets tough, and things aren't going his way.

from that statement alone, you have not watched many NYR games....

PS check a preseason ranking and see how the sharks were ranked....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/scott_wraight/10/04/power.rankings1/index.html

Pendejo
04-19-2006, 08:01 PM
from that statement alone, you have not watched many NYR games....

True. That statement was based on playoffs in the past. Phantom injuries, and quitting is something that Jagr has been guilty of in the past.

Perhaps his balls finally dropped in New York. Doubtfull, but possible. I'm not saying he's not talented...but he's never been known for his toughness...physical or mental.

Who knows maybe he had Stevie Y's heart transplanted into his chest during the lockout. Just watch...you'll see what I mean when the Ranger's backs are against the wall.

(Edit: What does a preseason ranking have to do with anything. Simply look at where the Sharks were before Joe, and after Joe. It's clear.)

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 08:03 PM
True. That statement was based on playoffs in the past. Phantom injuries, and quitting is something that Jagr has been guilty of in the past.

Perhaps his balls finally dropped in New York. Doubtfull, but possible. I'm not saying he's not talented...but he's never been known for his toughness...physical or mental.

Who knows maybe he had Stevie Y's heart transplanted into his chest during the lockout. Just watch...you'll see what I mean when the Ranger's backs are against the wall.

He played most of the season with a groin injury and two broken fingers....

Mtbrncofn
04-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I think the Hart will go to Jagr. Ya'll aren't thinking straight if you aren't on board with this. ;) Jagr hasn't had a lot of the limelight in years past, so he's due. Plus the number 1 factor...he plays for the Rangers.

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I think the Hart will go to Jagr. Ya'll aren't thinking straight if you aren't on board with this. ;) Jagr hasn't had a lot of the limelight in years past, so he's due. Plus the number 1 factor...he plays for the Rangers.

Okay, we can stop the pot shots at the rangers....;)

SoCalBronco
04-19-2006, 09:47 PM

I agree.

We'll save it till after they get assraped in Round 1.

:wiggle:

Mtbrncofn
04-19-2006, 09:50 PM

LOL Sorry. I still think Jagr will get it.

Ray Finkle
04-19-2006, 09:52 PM
I agree.

We'll save it till after they get assraped in Round 1.

How would you like your crow?:wave:

SoCalBronco
04-19-2006, 09:57 PM

On what basis do you think your going to beat them?

Dont bring up stuff from 94 and 97, thats hardly relevant to this discussion as it is 10 years ago and the rosters on both clubs have changed dramatically. Even though they lost Stevens and Neidermayer, NJ's roster has alot of playoff experience and you guys have squat (the players as a group together, not individually). You guys are playing like queers and NJ is raping. Is Lundy even healthy enough for the opening game?

NYR has alot of questions. Its not the same team as earlier in the year.

Pendejo
04-19-2006, 10:16 PM

Dude...aside from Jagr being a big time püssy b!tch...the Devils are red hot, and have one of the all time great big game netminders playing behind them. Brodeur is tough to beat in the second season.

I guarantee you Jagr will fold at some point during the series. He'll come up with another torn vagina...and no one else will see it...but Jaromir will insist that he's hurt.

I generally hate all New York/Philly teams, but I don't really have a problem with the Rangers. I just think that Jagr (while a highly skilled offensive player) is the walking/skating mensies.

Boogerboots
04-19-2006, 10:22 PM
The Devils are hot right now. (Pendejo beat me to it) 11 in a row and Gomez/Gionta are clicking. I can't see the Rangers keeping pace. And I don't believe that Lundquist is 100% right now. Conversely Brodeur his hitting his stride in time for the playoffs. NJ has enought defensive specialists to neutralize Jagr. Once you take him out of the Rangers equation, the answer leads to a first round exit.

Overall I don't see too many upsets this year with the exception of maybe the Sharks over Nashville if you can consider that an upset and maybe Buffalo killing off the Sens again in the second round. Miller is looking real good for the Sabres. But it's hard to see anybody beating Detroit this year (ugh). How else are you going to send off Yzerman into retirement? Another cup for the road.

Go Habs Go!!! Please?!:pray:

Al Wilson
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
**** TB

Start the parade on Bank St. please

Breck Bronc
04-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Sens over Lightning in 4
Hurricanes over Canadiens in 6
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Red Wings over Oilers in 6
Avalanche over Stars in 6
Flames over Ducks in 7
Sharks over Predators in 5

The best tournament in North American sports starts in two nights. I can't freaking wait.

Orange_Beard
04-19-2006, 11:17 PM
So where will most of the game be shown? OLN?
Will ESPN have any games?

Breck Bronc
04-19-2006, 11:23 PM
So where will most of the game be shown? OLN?
Will ESPN have any games?OLN and NBC. ESPN didn't renew their contract with the NHL and won't have any playoff games. ESPN probably won't even show highlights, unless something bad happens; ie Bertuzzi incident, Tochett gambling, etc.

Pendejo
04-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Sens over Lightning in 4
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Flames over Ducks in 7

The best tournament in North American sports starts in two nights. I can't freaking wait.

Do you really think the Avs will knock off the Stars? If so...why?

In any case I hope you're right.

Breck Bronc
04-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Do you really think the Avs will knock off the Stars? If so...why?

In any case I hope you're right.Because the Avs have played well against the Stars this season when you throw out the shootout, which we do in the postseason. Because Turco has not been good in the playoffs, especially against Colorado in '04. Because I think our elite players (Sakic, Blake, Hejduk, Tanguay) will outperform theirs (Modano, Zubov, Lehitnen, Arnott). Because I think Wolski will add a spark to the team. Maybe we're due for some breaks.

Outside of Nashville there's not another team in the Western Conference I would have rather played in the first round than the Stars. I don't know, for some reason I have a good feeling about this series.

maher_tyler
04-20-2006, 12:46 AM
Because the Avs have played well against the Stars this season when you throw out the shootout, which we do in the postseason. Because Turco has not been good in the playoffs, especially against Colorado in '04. Because I think our elite players (Sakic, Blake, Hejduk, Tanguay) will outperform theirs (Modano, Zubov, Lehitnen, Arnott). Because I think Wolski will add a spark to the team. Maybe we're due for some breaks.

Outside of Nashville there's not another team in the Western Conference I would have rather played in the first round than the Stars. I don't know, for some reason I have a good feeling about this series.
I really hope that your right but i think they'll take us in 6...we've been way to inconsistant all year long and have had to many injuries...the only way we make it out of the first round is if Theodore plays like he did in th 02 playoffs...sorry man i'm just being real! Dallas 4-2...maybe 4-3.

Clockwork Orange
04-20-2006, 12:47 AM
The draft lottery will be held tomorrow at noon eastern time. Here are the teams chances of landing the 1st pick.

1. St. Louis (25.0 percent)
2. Pittsburgh (18.8 percent)
3. Chicago (14.2 percent)
4. Washington (10.7 percent)
5. Boston (8.1 percent)
6. Columbus (6.2 percent)
7. N.Y. Islanders (4.7 perecnt)
8. Phoenix (3.6 percent)
9. Minnesota (2.7 percent)
10. Florida (2.1 percent)
11. Los Angeles (1.5 percent)
12. Atlanta (1.1 percent)
13. Toronto (0.8 percent)
14. Vancouver (0.5 percent)

chadta
04-20-2006, 12:52 AM
Sens over Lightning in 4
Devils over Rangers in 5
Sabres over Flyers in 5

Flames over Ducks in 7

lets see, you picked all the higher ranked teams BUT the avs, being quite the homer there arent ya ?

Red wings are gone first round, they had a really weak division, and have an artificially good record this year, any team that gets 24 games against the blues, blackhawks and blue jackets should win the presidents trophy, hell thats 48 points off just 3 teams. Edmonton has takin 5 of 8 points from them this year and playing good hockey.

Hurricanes are also out, they have been over achieving all year, mostly much like the red wings against weak teams in there division.

Senators, sorry al, another first round exit for you this year, emery aint gonna cut it against the defending stanley cup champs, and hasek aint comin back, get out the clubs, youll be able to catch the leafs on the back 9.

Rangers are gone, probally 4 straight, devils are hottest team in the league, and how can you argue with brodeur, best goalie in the game, and hes hot.

Flyers and sabres, well im a flyers fan so im gonna do the homer thing and pick them, but itll take 7 games, and its not going to be easy, altho the sabres dont have a goalie thats played an nhl playoff game, that should help. If not they can go golf with the leafs and sens.

Sharks preds, i think sharks take it, thorton is just on fire, and i think they have better goaltending.

Flames, ducks and avs stars i dont really know so ill go with whoever wins the first game to lose the series.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2006, 12:57 AM
lets see, you picked all the higher ranked teams BUT the avs, being quite the homer there arent ya ?

Red wings are gone first round, they had a really weak division, and have an artificially good record this year, any team that gets 24 games against the blues, blackhawks and blue jackets should win the presidents trophy, hell thats 48 points off just 3 teams. Edmonton has takin 5 of 8 points from them this year and playing good hockey.

Hurricanes are also out, they have been over achieving all year, mostly much like the red wings against weak teams in there division.

Senators, sorry al, another first round exit for you this year, emery aint gonna cut it against the defending stanley cup champs, and hasek aint comin back, get out the clubs, youll be able to catch the leafs on the back 9.

Rangers are gone, probally 4 straight, devils are hottest team in the league, and how can you argue with brodeur, best goalie in the game, and hes hot.

Flyers and sabres, well im a flyers fan so im gonna do the homer thing and pick them, but itll take 7 games, and its not going to be easy, altho the sabres dont have a goalie thats played an nhl playoff game, that should help. If not they can go golf with the leafs and sens.

Sharks preds, i think sharks take it, thorton is just on fire, and i think they have better goaltending.

Flames, ducks and avs stars i dont really know so ill go with whoever wins the first game to lose the series.

We have another Flyers fan on the board.

Great.....:oyvey:

SoCalBronco
04-20-2006, 12:57 AM
The draft lottery will be held tomorrow at noon eastern time. Here are the teams chances of landing the 1st pick.

5. Boston (8.1 percent)
8. Phoenix (3.6 percent)

Im going to be furious if we end up 3rd.

Jens1893
04-20-2006, 01:03 AM
Im going to be furious if we end up 3rd.

You already have Crosby and will most likely get Malkin in the not too distant future. You have no right to complain whatever happens. :flower:

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:20 AM

I'll be one of the first ones to admit I'd love to see Detroit bounced, but it ain't gonna happen. You're delusional.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:27 AM
Well the Kings cleaned house, kind of old news but Ive said before two-three weeks ago that Dave Taylor and upper management are gone. Coaches are gone. Kings need to spend money on players otherwise they better get used to these results. I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. We should have alot of money to spend to outbid just about anyone with Roenick/Luc Robitaille gone.

Anyway 1.5% chance for the top pick? sweet....not.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:28 AM
I'll be one of the first ones to admit I'd love to see Detroit bounced, but it ain't gonna happen. You're delusional.
Detroit typically sucks in the first round. Oilers will put up a good fight.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2006, 01:29 AM
I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. .

No...he's ours to get, you cant have him!

We have to get him out of Minnesota somehow. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and throw in Ryan Malone, I dont care. We need someone who can close on Crosby's passes.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:31 AM
Detroit typically sucks in the first round. Oilers will put up a good fight.

Uh huh. They suck so much, please remind me how many Cups they've brought home in the last ten years.

Now knock this **** off, you guys are making me look like a Wings apologist.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:31 AM
No...he's ours to get, you cant have him!

We have to get him out of Minnesota somehow. 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and throw in Ryan Malone, I dont care. We need someone who can close on Crosby's passes.
LOL I dont know socal, he would be a nice heir apparent to Luc.;D

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:32 AM
Well the Kings cleaned house, kind of old news but Ive said before two-three weeks ago that Dave Taylor and upper management are gone. Coaches are gone. Kings need to spend money on players otherwise they better get used to these results. I would hope the Kings make a pitch for Luongo again and grab Gaborik. We should have alot of money to spend to outbid just about anyone with Roenick/Luc Robitaille gone.

I think Luongo stays put. There's talk of Jokinen reupping with the Panthers and Luongo likes that fact.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:33 AM
IMO, I don't think Gaborik will leave Minny either. He's their star.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:40 AM
IMO, I don't think Gaborik will leave Minny either. He's their star.
Gaborik wants out of minny as I understand it.;)

As for Luongo he is asking for alot of money and Im not quite sure if Keenan wants to pay him that much. That said if the new GM for the Kings makes a nice pitch to Keenan for Luongo then I suspect a trade will happen. Dave Taylor had Keenan at the table during the trade deadline and didnt put up a good offer so Keenan walked away.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Really? I hadn't heard that. I figured they would keep him at pretty much any cost, although they are pretty tight fisted up there.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:55 AM
About Luongo he turned down a 5 year contract worth 30 million from the Panthers, that alone should tell you he doesnt really want to play for them.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2006, 02:05 AM
You already have Crosby and will most likely get Malkin in the not too distant future. You have no right to complain whatever happens. :flower:

I just want to see everyone go ballistic (especially Herc) if we get the 1st pick again. ;D

24champ
04-20-2006, 02:22 AM
Word is Dean Lombardi will be the Kings next GM, wonder if phillybronconut has any info on the guy or if any shark fans know him. I dont know much about the guy???

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14373289.htm

Ray Finkle
04-20-2006, 06:02 AM
On what basis do you think your going to beat them?

Dont bring up stuff from 94 and 97, thats hardly relevant to this discussion as it is 10 years ago and the rosters on both clubs have changed dramatically. Even though they lost Stevens and Neidermayer, NJ's roster has alot of playoff experience and you guys have squat (the players as a group together, not individually). You guys are playing like queers and NJ is raping. Is Lundy even healthy enough for the opening game?

NYR has alot of questions. Its not the same team as earlier in the year.

Read Post #2284

For the Rangers to win, Skyora and Prucha need to play better....without Stevens and Neidermayer, NJ is easier to attack on D if you have speed. Look at every game the two have played this year, they are always close and this will not be a blow that you all think...

PS, stop bitching about the Pens maybe getting the #3 pick....you have no room to complain about your team in the draft....

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 08:23 AM

Kings can't get the 1st pick. They have a 1.5% chance of winning the lottery and moving up 4 spots.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 08:24 AM

I just want to see everyone go ballistic (especially Herc) if we get the 1st pick again. ;D

Not my fault you guys can't run a franchise, shouldn't need 5 years in the Top 5 to compete for a playoff spot.

chadta
04-20-2006, 08:46 AM
I think Luongo stays put. There's talk of Jokinen reupping with the Panthers and Luongo likes that fact.

jolkinen already signed a 4 year deal, did that shortly after the trae dealine.

Jori
04-20-2006, 08:59 AM
I agree, Luongo stays put. Part of the reason why he turned down the Cats earlier offer was because he feared the team didn't have a committment to winning. Once they resigned Jokinen, in Luongo's eyes, that showed him the team is on the right track.

Jori
04-20-2006, 09:01 AM

5. Boston (8.1 percent)
8. Phoenix (3.6 percent)

Should be an interesting draft, there is no clear cut number one this year. You could actually see teams draft based on need, moreso then BPA.

FWIW, the Avs will have the 18th pick (barring a miracle Cup win).

Smiling Assassin27
04-20-2006, 09:04 AM

5-5 in their last 10 isn't exactly 'good hockey'. one of those was a shutout loss to the team they're playing in round 1. as for the Wings being artificially good, i'd recommend you check out the olympics--integral parts of the swedish gold medal team, russian team(datsyuk), and american team (schneider/chelios) are on this team and the only concerns are a) in goal and b) in experience (crop of young guys who can play but haven't proven they can stand the pressure of the cup playoffs yet). edmonton's a sexy upset pick but dave lewis isn't coaching this bunch anymore--babcock will not allow them to play soft.

Jori
04-20-2006, 09:05 AM
During practice yesterday, the coaches had Wolski centering a line between Tanguay and Lapperierre. Wojo really exploded in Brampton once he made the switch to center. In addition, I would expect Wolski to get some time on the second PP unit.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 09:52 AM

Doh! :hitself:

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Craig Patrick and Pat Quinn got fired today

alkemical
04-20-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't see anything on patrick from the post-gazette.com only quinn - and nothing on pen's homepage or espn

alkemical
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Although he's (crosby) looking for bigger and better things in his second NHL season, one thing will remain the same for Crosby in 2006-07. He still plans on living with Hall of Famer and owner Mario Lemieux and his family.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Bet you guys never saw anyone so happy to get rid of their gm.....

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Try TSN

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 11:31 AM
Blues win the lottery

http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/

Jori
04-20-2006, 11:43 AM
As previously mentioned, the Blues have won the draft lottery...here are the results:

1. St. Louis Blues
2. Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Chicago Blackhawks
4. Washington Capitals
5. Boston Bruins
6. Columbus Blue Jackets
7. New York Islanders
8. Phoenix Coyotes
9. Minnesota Wild
10. Florida Panthers
11. Los Angeles Kings
12. Atlanta Thrashers
13. Toronto Maple Leafs
14. Vancouver Canucks

Jori
04-20-2006, 11:44 AM
I'm guessing the Blues go with Kessel and the Pens take EJ.

chadta
04-20-2006, 11:57 AM
5-5 in their last 10 isn't exactly 'good hockey'. one of those was a shutout loss to the team they're playing in round 1. as for the Wings being artificially good, i'd recommend you check out the olympics--integral parts of the swedish gold medal team, russian team(datsyuk), and american team (schneider/chelios) are on this team and the only concerns are a) in goal and b) in experience (crop of young guys who can play but haven't proven they can stand the pressure of the cup playoffs yet). edmonton's a sexy upset pick but dave lewis isn't coaching this bunch anymore--babcork will not allow them to play soft.

your not winning any arguements by telling me that they have alot of swedes and a russian, or a pair of really old us defensemen, ask the people in ottawa how far you go in the playoffs with a bunch of swedes, they got there gold medal, they could care less about the stanley cup. I stand by my prediction that they exit stage right round one.

24champ
04-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Luongo is still waiting for the panthers to make some moves this summer, signing ONE player doesnt necessarily mean he is staying put. If the panthers somehow lure Ed Jovanski (sp?) back from the 'nucks then I would say yeah he is probably staying.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 01:09 PM
herc you did get the scoop:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06110/683714-61.stm

alkemical
04-20-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm guessing the Blues go with Kessel and the Pens take EJ.

i have no clue to who the pens will take - they got lots of young D - but they need a winger - but they need a winger who can score now -

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Pens need D. Besides Whitney, all their young D prospects are the same-type guys that every franchise has in their pipeline.

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 01:22 PM
Man i can't wait till next season!

alkemical
04-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Pens need D. Besides Whitney, all their young D prospects are the same-type guys that every franchise has in their pipeline.

they got brooks & whitney - brooks is an excellent stay at home D, and one of the few willing to punish people (enforcement) - welch looks good

hey gonchar did ok -

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:42 PM
No, we need D!

I figured Quinn was on his way out after this season's showing. Hmmm, who'll be the unlucky bastard that gets that gig?

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 01:47 PM
No, we need D!

I figured Quinn was on his way out after this season's showing. Hmmm, who'll be the unlucky bastard that gets that gig?

Yep! and get rid of briseblah, what a terriable mistake that guy was and iam not impressed with Q and his goalie killing system.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Yep! and get rid of briseblah, what a terriable mistake that guy was and iam not impressed with Q and his goalie killing system.

I agree. I was so pumped for Q and I'm not too impressed either. SA has a point when he was yakkin' about what he did for the Blues. Not a whole lot, really.

I still kind of miss Hartley.

24champ
04-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree. I was so pumped for Q and I'm not too impressed either. SA has a point when he was yakkin' about what he did for the Blues. Not a whole lot, really.

who is hartley coaching these days? Kings are looking.....

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 02:01 PM
who is hartley coaching these days? Kings are looking.....

The Thrashers still.

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 02:05 PM

I would take granato back at this point, we needed to be more physical IMO all season.

Pendejo
04-20-2006, 02:07 PM

The Avs had totally tuned him out at the time he got the boot. My theory is they lost complete confidence in him against the Wings in game 7 of the 2002 playoffs.

If you remember the Avs lost game six after Stevie Y poked home Roy's misplayed statue of liberty. They lost all momentum.

Then in game 7 with the Avs down, and ready to go on the power play. Hartley pulled a bush league move, and called for the refs to measure Hasek's stick because he'd given his kid one with an illegal curve. Hasek immediately shook his head...his stick was fine, and good bye power play. It's only my opinion, but that showed me that through Hartley's eyes he didn't think the Avs were good enough to beat the Wings, and had to resort to that nonsense. I don't think it was lost on the players. It's one thing if you know (common knowledge) that a guy is using an illegal curve...a la Scottie Bowman nailing Marty McSorely...who everyone knew was using an illegal stick. It's another thing when you're grab bagging.

I don't think the Avs veteran players trusted him after that, and it showed the way they played for him the following season. Tanguay sure as hell was glad to see Hartley go.

Hartley is a good coach...he's doing decently for the Thrashers...but unfortunately he'd run his course in Colorado.

Pendejo
04-20-2006, 02:08 PM
I would take granato back at this point, we needed to be more physical IMO all season.

You don't mean that. You can't. Granato would be out coached by Watermock.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 02:16 PM
I wonder what the Avs players that you say didn't really trust him, think now, after having gone through Granato and now Q?

Every time I see Granato, in my head I still call him by Tred's name - Granotagoodcoacho. Ha!

Pendejo
04-20-2006, 02:19 PM
I wonder what the Avs players that you say didn't really trust him, think now, after having gone through Granato and now Q?

Every time I see Granato, in my head I still call him by Tred's name - Granotagoodcoacho. Ha!

I don't know that they didn't trust him. It's just my opinion based on the type of coach Hartley is, and the way the Avs played for him after that Wings series.

Granto wouldn't have taken this team to the playoffs. He can't adjust for sh!t.

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 02:31 PM

And so would Q..

alkemical
04-20-2006, 02:33 PM
hey eddie olcheck now has some nhl expierence.

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 02:50 PM
hey eddie olcheck now has some nhl expierence.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES ARE BURNING!

Jori
04-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Exactly. I'm not happy with how Quenneville has handled the goaltenders or with his love affair with Breezeby, but I'll take that over Tony G. Hell, I'd take Cammi as a head coach before him again.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 02:53 PM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY EYES ARE BURNING!

haha!

i give you... michele therrian!

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Exactly. I'm not happy with how Quenneville has handled the goaltenders or with his love affair with Breezeby, but I'll take that over Tony G. Hell, I'd take Cammi as a head coach before him again.

When i said granato i was reffering he would have addressed our lack of being physical other than that it was a tongue in cheek comment.

24champ
04-20-2006, 03:00 PM
When i said granato i was reffering he would have addressed our lack of being physical other than that it was a tongue in cheek comment.
you could always pick up sean avery to make your team more physical.......;)

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 03:09 PM
you could always pick up sean avery to make your team more physical.......;)

I would prefer smart physical.

24champ
04-20-2006, 03:12 PM
I would prefer smart physical.
what about Bertuzzi?

ok ok that wasnt funny......

Al Wilson
04-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Give us Trevor Kidd and we'd still beat the Lightning, while Esche will choke as usual.

Ever heard of Chara, Redden, Meszaros, and Phillips?

Stay out, the Sabres will sweep you.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 03:55 PM
you want thibeault? :)

24champ
04-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Give us Trevor Kidd and we'd still beat the Lightning, while Esche will choke as usual.

Chara would look good in a Kings Uni next year.......

Pendejo
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
And so would Q..

That's silly, and you know it.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM

Lord, with all the yapping you've done about your team this year, I hope they lose.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 04:45 PM
oh pulhease - if the avs had a record as good as the sens......

you all better be lucky my pens suck!

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Nope. I wouldn't be crowing like that. The bigger they yap they harder they fall. :)

That kind of stuff comes back to bite you in the ass.

bronco militia
04-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I'd give Q another year.....he wasn't the one who replaced Foote and Forsberg with Breezby, Turgoen, and Brad May.

alkemical
04-20-2006, 04:54 PM
I really like adam foot -

forsberg is as fragile as lindross

Al Wilson
04-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Lord, with all the yapping you've done about your team this year, I hope they lose.
Please, all you colorado people would've done the same if your team would've been first in the west, which of course, would never happen with Detroit beating you as usual.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Yep, now I double dog hope your team tanks.

bronco militia
04-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Please, all you colorado people would've done the same if your team would've been first in the west, which of course, would never happen with Detroit beating you as usual.

no different than your Sens choking in the playoffs again...hey, it's that (cough)(cough) time (cough) of (cough) year again (cough) (cough)....

somebody from KC should send you guys some cough medicine.

Tredici
04-20-2006, 05:08 PM

As usual?

There's some news.

And I like the Sens. Wouldn't mind seeing them win it all, at all.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
no different than your Sens choking in the playoffs again...hey, it's that (cough)(cough) time (cough) of (cough) year again (cough) (cough)....

somebody from KC should send you guys some cough medicine.

ROFL! Yeah, take that!

alkemical
04-20-2006, 05:21 PM
go wilkes-barre pens !

bronco militia
04-20-2006, 05:21 PM
go lightning

blech..

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 05:42 PM
That's silly, and you know it.

Lets just see how his program progresses and ill just start calling them the colorado blues.

Mtbrncofn
04-20-2006, 05:45 PM
Lets just see how his program progresses and ill just start calling them the colorado blues.

Great, then SA will come along and start saying the Colorado Blows. Seriously though, is there any position more unstable in sports than being a head coach in the NHL? If you don't get it right, you don't have very long before you're hitting the unemployment line.

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Great, then SA will come along and start saying the Colorado Blows. Seriously though, is there any position more unstable in sports than being a head coach in the NHL? If you don't get it right, you don't have very long before you're hitting the unemployment line.

True dat..

Pendejo
04-20-2006, 06:37 PM

I understand your sentiment. I don't think anyone is thrilled with Quenville. Although a lot of Avs fans were clamoring for him after watching Granato make consecutive early exits from the playoffs.

Quenville is married to Tay-O-Door now...we'll see how long it lasts.

I feel confident that there is no way in hell a Granato coached Avs squad makes the playoffs this year (current roster of course). He got worked by Jacques Lemaire WITH Forsberg, Sakic, Tanguay, Hejduk, Foote, Blake, and of course Patty Roy, against a vastly inferior squad. Admittedly the style of play the Wild (as well as the sharks the following year) were allowed to play had a lot to do with it. But he didn't make the necessary adjustments. He got schooled.

In a perfect world...the boys would never have tuned out Hartley, and he'd still be in Denver.

SoCalBronco
04-20-2006, 08:05 PM
they got brooks & whitney - brooks is an excellent stay at home D, and one of the few willing to punish people (enforcement) - welch looks good

hey gonchar did ok -

I was really impressed by Gonch the last month and a half. I actually think Welch is going to make a big push next year in camp. We dont really need defensemen, we have some good ones, they're just all young. The top 4 on the blueline will be solid, Whitney, Gonch, Welch and Orpik. I am really high on Welch and Whitney made good strides this year. I would rather trade the pick for a big time winger (Gaborik if possible).

Jori
04-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Melrose picks Dallas to beat Carolina in the Stanley Cup Finals. I offer my apologies to Stars and Canes fans.

Clockwork Orange
04-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Melrose picks Dallas to beat Carolina in the Stanley Cup Finals. I offer my apologies to Stars and Canes fans.

Woo hoo!! Mulletrose puts the whammy on Dallas!! !Booya!

Bronx33
04-20-2006, 11:08 PM
His picks is as good as dead.

24champ
04-21-2006, 12:12 AM
I would like Melrose to coach the kings!

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Woo hoo!! Mulletrose puts the whammy on Dallas!! !Booya!

Wahoooo! Way to go, Mullet.

alkemical
04-21-2006, 09:39 AM
I was really impressed by Gonch the last month and a half. I actually think Welch is going to make a big push next year in camp. We dont really need defensemen, we have some good ones, they're just all young. The top 4 on the blueline will be solid, Whitney, Gonch, Welch and Orpik. I am really high on Welch and Whitney made good strides this year. I would rather trade the pick for a big time winger (Gaborik if possible).

heh, bertuzzi.....

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Wahoooo! Way to go, Mullet.

Not so fast. Bucci's pretty good at this and he takes Dallas in 6, i think. :wiggle:

DivineLegion
04-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I think Carolina is wounded at the moment I dont see us making it out of the first round...

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Not so fast. Bucci's pretty good at this and he takes Dallas in 6, i think. :wiggle:

Sorry, I only listen to Barry. ;D

Tredici
04-21-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry, I only listen to Barry. ;D

The Barry whammy factor overrides all other predictions. So I think you are making the smart move...

Hahahahahhaa.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Yes, exactly what I was thinking.

24champ
04-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Sharks vs Rangers Cup final.......

Bronx33
04-21-2006, 01:02 PM
I would like Melrose to coach the kings!

He did.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Sharks vs Rangers Cup final.......

That's about the boldest prediction I've seen.

alkemical
04-21-2006, 04:55 PM
calgary vs. Devils

Now that's the boldest prediction you've ever seen!

edit: i mistyped, i personally wasn't sharp

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Well what in the hell is Devis?

EDIT: NM, Devils...it took me a minute, but that was a tough typo for me to figure out. Sharks/Rags is much bolder.

alkemical
04-21-2006, 05:08 PM
is This Bold Enough?

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Geez, I'm kinda slow today. I get it. Ha!

alkemical
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
sorry, i was being very stupid in my humor today, apperantly i was too dumb :)

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Ok! :devil:

You know I'm kiddin you, Ames. I just wasn't picking it up at all. My bad.

24champ
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
He did.
yeah i meant again.....but I think Ron Wilson could coach the kings.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Like the Ron Wilson that is coaching the Sharks?

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Free Teddy Nolan!

24champ
04-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Like the Ron Wilson that is coaching the Sharks?
you never know, i just want to be in the playoffs dammit.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:40 PM
LOL Call up Quinnie. See what he can do for you.

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Barry Smith has the Bowman pedigree and is Gretzky's right hand man in Phx.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Hey now, don't be giving sound advice to a fellow Western Conferencer, SA. Pat Quinn is the man for the job. :thumbs:

Smiling Assassin27
04-21-2006, 05:59 PM
in that case, Tony Granato and/or Glen Sather is your man!

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Now that's more like it!

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 09:05 PM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5406/prod6rx.jpg

;D

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Geez, I thought the Lightning had the Sens. Well they did for the first 2 and a half periods.
Of course an exciting game like the Oil and Wings go into OT, and I can't even watch! Preds are putting up a fight. Chris Mason is playing incredibly well for them.

Ray Finkle
04-21-2006, 09:22 PM
The Wings and Oiler game is great....

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 09:22 PM
No need to rub it in, Ray.

Mtbrncofn
04-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Damn, the Guppies tied it up.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Roloson with 51 saves on 53 shots so far.

Ray Finkle
04-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Roloson with 51 saves on 53 shots so far.

looks shaky on the shots from far out though....he is fighting the puck...

Pendejo
04-21-2006, 09:37 PM
looks shaky on the shots from far out though....he is fighting the puck...

The ice is terrible. Passes are changing directions on their own. That could have something to do with it. He also looks totally exhausted.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Detroit wins on the Maltby goal.

Jori
04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5406/prod6rx.jpg

;D
I'd make one for EJ because I think St Louis will take Kessel.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 10:31 PM
I'd make one for EJ because I think St Louis will take Kessel.

I will happily take either. :)

Although I dont think EJ is as big a need as people think, we have some fine young defensemen already in Whitney and Welch and Orpik got better as the season progressed. I dont want to wait 3 years before EJ hits the league. We really need some decent pure goal scoring wingers.

Al Wilson
04-21-2006, 10:42 PM
That's more like it.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060421/sens_79897.jpg

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Nice hit by Phaneuf.

SoCalBronco
04-21-2006, 11:58 PM
penalty on the ducks. PP Calgary

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 12:07 AM
McCarty scores on a nice pass from behind the net. Calgary wins.

Breck Bronc
04-22-2006, 12:11 AM
Kirk Maltby and Darren McCarty score overtime goals on the same night. The odds on that happening are astronomical.

I'm not too happy with OLN's first night of playoff coverage. They should just show all of the games on Canadian TV like they did with the Flames/Ducks. I can't stand listening to Jack Edwards call hockey games.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:12 AM
McCarty scores on a nice pass from behind the net. Calgary wins.

Damn.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Kirk Maltby and Darren McCarty score overtime goals on the same night. The odds on that happening are astronomical.

I'm not too happy with OLN's first night of playoff coverage. They should just show all of the games on Canadian TV like they did with the Flames/Ducks. I can't stand listening to Jack Edwards call hockey games.

I"m not happy with this whole NHL on OLN crap at all. ;D Can you imagine what people that normally watch that channel are saying?

"What in the cotton pickin hell, whar's my elk matin? Got this dadgummed hockey on my channel!"

Again, what in the hell was Bettman thinking?

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Crap! i thought bull riding would be televised for sure.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:22 AM
I can get bull riding on another channel, if I'm so inclined. These damn games, I can't.

Is my irritation showing at all, or am I doing just a damned good job of covering it up like I think I am?

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 12:26 AM
I can get bull riding on another channel, if I'm so inclined. These damn games, I can't.

Is my irritation showing at all, or am I doing just a damned good job of covering it up like I think I am?

You seem rather calm and every letter on your keyboard seems to be working (for now) i expect things to change. ;D

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:30 AM
I thought so too. Thanks Bronx!
You know, I'm doing so good with this, I think I'll just go drop an email to Dish about this whole dropping of OLN thing. You think they have an F word filter?

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:41 AM
This doesn't sound too harsh, does it? I didn't even drop any F bombs.

Hello,

What in the hell is going on with the OLN deal? I'm so close to moving over to Direct TV over this. The idiots that be in the NHL got together with the idiots that be at OLN and got this stupid deal together that screws hockey fans over.

And then Dish jumps in on the act when they decide to drop OLN. I could have cared less about OLN. I had OLN on that damn programming package for years, and never used it, but I go to use it for the first time ever when they put hockey on, and ZING! there it goes.

Do you people realize there are Stanley Cup final games being televised that I can't watch because of this moronic decision?

So thanks a bunch for ruining my Stanley Cup playoff viewing.

Geez, I kinda sound like Mock there. Scary. We'll see what they have to say to that. Hope they have an F word filter on the return email thing. :)

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 12:45 AM
LET ER RIP! just use one of these * to get your point across.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I sent it a bit ago. Those assholes.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 12:46 AM
I sent it a bit ago. Those a-holes.

Follow up emails are cool too.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:47 AM
You mean me send another one, or wait til they cuss me out and then send another one?

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 12:49 AM
You mean me send another one, or wait til they cuss me out and then send another one?

They won't even respond to the first one, you might as well chew em out royal.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Geez, I kinda sound like Mock there.

Dear Dish Network,

Get a clue.

What in the hell is going on with the OLN deal? Where the **** is my NHL? STFU. You cant even bring an argument. I'm so close to moving over to Direct TV over this. Beezer's so ****ing pissed he's chewing on his own tail so get off my back. The idiots that be in the NHL got together with the idiots that be at OLN and got this stupid deal together that screws hockey fans over.

Don't you know that Montana will evicerate you? STFU. Get ****ing hockey on my TV or you'll get whats coming to you. Sit down and shut up. Montana told you not to to dump OLN. Montana told you she'd ****ing make life hell for Dish Network. I'm practically in tears. This is un****ingbelievable. Montana's kittens wont stand for this. Get ****ing hockey on my tv, Dish Network! Im sick of this inbred duck hunting, bull riding shiat. STFU.
And then Dish jumps in on the act when they decide to drop OLN. Montana had OLN on that damn programming package for years, and never used it, but Montana goes to use it for the first time ever when they put hockey on, and ZING! there it goes. Remember, Montana told you this would happen when the ****ing league got greedy for money and spurned ESPN and and went with some ****ing hick network that about 100 people in the whole ****ing country watch. Hell even Beezer wont watch this shiat, but no one listened to her.

Listen you dimwits, do you people realize there are Stanley Cup final games being televised that I can't watch because of this moronic decision? Sit down and shutup.

Don't tell me the network made a "reorganizing decision". STFU.

Thanks a bunch for ruining my Stanley Cup playoff viewing. Ridiculous.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:55 AM
I thought they valued customer feedback. That was good feedback, damnit!

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Dear Dish Network,

Get a clue.

What in the hell is going on with the OLN deal? Where the **** is my NHL? STFU. You cant even bring an argument. I'm so close to moving over to Direct TV over this. Beezer's so ****ing pissed he's chewing on his own tail so get off my back. The idiots that be in the NHL got together with the idiots that be at OLN and got this stupid deal together that screws hockey fans over.

Don't you know that Montana will evicerate you? STFU. Get ****ing hockey on my TV or you'll get whats coming to you. Sit down and shut up. Montana told you not to to dump OLN. Montana told you she'd ****ing make life hell for Dish Network. I'm practically in tears. This is un****ingbelievable. Montana's kittens wont stand for this. Get ****ing hockey on my tv, Dish Network! Im sick of this inbred duck hunting, bull riding shiat. STFU.
And then Dish jumps in on the act when they decide to drop OLN. Montana had OLN on that damn programming package for years, and never used it, but Montana goes to use it for the first time ever when they put hockey on, and ZING! there it goes. Remember, Montana told you this would happen when the ****ing league got greedy for money and spurned ESPN and and went with some ****ing hick network that about 100 people in the whole ****ing country watch. Hell even Beezer wont watch this shiat, but no one listened to her.

Listen you dimwits, do you people realize there are Stanley Cup final games being televised that I can't watch because of this moronic decision? Sit down and shutup.

Don't tell me the network made a "reorganizing decision". STFU.

Thanks a bunch for ruining my Stanley Cup playoff viewing. Ridiculous.

Oh holy ****! I just woke everyone up laughing like a jackass in here! That was hysterical!

You rule, SoCal! :notworthy

24champ
04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
OLN sucks balls!

I mean I was watching the Red Wings game at a freinds place and its the third period and the wings look like they were about to blow it with a penalty. What happens right at the end of the 3rd period with 50 something seconds to go? "technical difficulties" is what happened. OLN better get there shiat together, this is playoff hockey not the regular season. Oh and I couldnt even get the Calgary/Ducks game on OLN!!! Not a big deal, thank god for FOXSPORTS WEST. Cannot believe Im going to give ESPN props but this made me miss ESPN's coverage of NHL Hockey.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:13 AM
4 to 5 day breaks during the season with no hockey televised, but hey i had the center ice package for free until the olympic break then they cut me off so i turned to OLN (a complete disgrace to professional sports) plenty of rodeo and turkey hunting though.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 01:15 AM
I also still think if you pay for frickin CI, then you should get all the damn games.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:20 AM
I just put my two cents in for montana, i used the word **** 3 times.:thanku:

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 01:21 AM
Oh, way to go Bronx! :thumbs:

24champ
04-22-2006, 01:22 AM
4 to 5 day breaks during the season with no hockey televised, but hey i had the center ice package for free until the olympic break then they cut me off so i turned to OLN (a complete disgrace to professional sports) plenty of rodeo and turkey hunting though.
whats sadder is that they covered that damn french bicycling race better than this!

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:30 AM
MT probably remembers wide world of sports (and it was free) now that the allmighty dollar showed up, lumber jacks and worlds strongest man is televised prime time during games. Now that is replaced by hicks are us INC.

Mtbrncofn
04-22-2006, 01:34 AM
Yep, I sure do. I miss the good ol viewing days.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:38 AM
The wings took 57 shots and 2 OTs to beat rolo? :spit:

Jori
04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Just so you know, OLN is just as much at fault here (if not more) then Dish Network.

Tredici
04-22-2006, 10:54 AM
whats sadder is that they covered that damn french bicycling race better than this!

I just refer to the channel as the Old Lance Network.

Those "technical difficulties" during the Calgary game were annoying as heck. At one time I just had the screen shot of NHL on OLN. Have to say it was preferred to the morons in the studio. I love it when they are all looking at each other trying to coming up with a player's name...

Great Googly Moogly

I'm not sure you are missing much Montana. Having the channel might possibly be more annoying than NOT having the channel....

61Vikefan
04-22-2006, 11:41 AM
How's my buddy Andrew Brunette doing? I used to see him at our local hockey rink and at the sports store where he bought much of his hockey gear-my son is a hockey player so we seem to go to the same places.

Heck of a good guy-

Tredici
04-22-2006, 12:33 PM
How's my buddy Andrew Brunette doing? I used to see him at our local hockey rink and at the sports store where he bought much of his hockey gear-my son is a hockey player so we seem to go to the same places.

Heck of a good guy-

He does seem like a good guy. He stepped it up while Tanguay was hurt. Kept the Avs in a couple of games they could just as easily lost. Not real flashy but he's been steady.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Go Avs!!

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 01:33 PM
Just so you know, OLN is just as much at fault here (if not more) then Dish Network.

I would also add the NHL to that list, after the strike they act like they are on a mission to get the fans back and can't even make sure to put games on the fricken TV set.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Get Flyered Up!

Lets Go Flyers

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 01:56 PM
Get Flyered Up!

Lets Go Flyers

Let's Go Buffalo!

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Now we find out how our goalie trade will work out.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 02:10 PM
Actually it started last night.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 02:13 PM
Actually it started last night.
Well, for us, now :) A lot of media people not giving the AVs much of a chance to advance.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Well, you guys are going to get an early power play. Hopefully you can capitalize.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Damn! 1-0 Stars.

-Slap-
04-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Damn. Avs are looking rusty.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Avalanche goal!

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Lots of early action! 2-1 Stars

Jens1893
04-22-2006, 02:50 PM
And I get Devils/Rangers ......

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 03:02 PM
2-1 dallas after 1.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Alright! 2-2!

-Slap-
04-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Cool! The Polish kid scored!

:strong:

Buff_bronc_fan
04-22-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow, talk about an immediate impact by the Rook. Way to make the front office look good kid... And maybe he'll get in Turco's head with a goal like that.

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:22 PM
What were the reasons for not keeping Wolski on the team all year?

watermock
04-22-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm into hockey mode...they are beating each other silly....

SimonFletcher73
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
3-2 avs

Bronco_Beerslug
Oh Yeah!!!!!!! 3-2 AVs

SoCalBronco
Wolski sets up another to Blake

watermock
04-22-2006, 03:25 PM
He shoots, he SCORES!

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:25 PM
wow. I didn't see this coming after 2-0

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 03:26 PM
3-2 Avs halfway through the 2nd.

watermock
04-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Another penalty play.

SimonFletcher73
04-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Liles goal, 4-2!!

Requiem
**** Yeah Baby.

Bronco_Beerslug
This is fun now 4-2 AVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:30 PM
where the hell did this come from? I'm loving it, but still...

SimonFletcher73
04-22-2006, 03:31 PM
I don't think the Avs feel like they're the 7 seed.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 03:32 PM
4-2 avs

watermock
04-22-2006, 03:33 PM
It's on baby....

Kid A
04-22-2006, 03:34 PM
Stars look frustrated. Lets make them pay.

24champ
04-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Wolski is kicking ass, looks better than Crosby.....LOL

Jens1893
04-22-2006, 03:51 PM

that can get you banned round these parts :)

LET´S GO AVALANCHE!

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 03:58 PM

The wolski-lappy-tanger line has got some energy.

Bronx33
04-22-2006, 04:00 PM
that can get you banned round these parts :)

LET´S GO AVALANCHE!

Iam was actually getting tired of hearing about crosby and ovechkin, iam going to talk about wolski every day next season.

24champ
04-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Iam was actually getting tired of hearing about crosby and ovechkin, iam going to talk about wolski every day next season.
yeah lets start the Wolski is playoff MVP campaign.;D