PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball thread: Regular Season time is HERE!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

-Slap-
07-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Rudy Seanez is about to finally blow this game for the Red Sox against the White Sox....nobody out, men on 1st and 2nd.....

IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 17th INNING!
The Soxes' picked the best possible game to stretch out their bullpens.

PatsWin2002
07-09-2006, 05:05 PM
The Soxes' picked the best possible game to stretch out their bullpens.

True. Papelbon blew a save and the White Sox screwed up on the bases.......

but it's never a got time for "Rudy Time".

The guy hasn't pitched since 6/30 .....I wonder why. :rofl:

-Slap-
07-09-2006, 05:12 PM
True. Papelbon blew a save and the White Sox screwed up on the bases.......

but it's never a got time for "Rudy Time".

The guy hasn't pitched since 6/30 .....I wonder why. :rofl:
Maybe because he's allowed like 9 of 14 inherited baserunners to score.

WABronco
07-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Hey! A base hit!

OrangeShadow
07-10-2006, 04:24 AM
wow what a baseball game. should of been over in the 11th when AJ grabbed gonzalez's jersey.

Gcver2ver3
07-10-2006, 05:14 AM
wow what a baseball game. should of been over in the 11th when AJ grabbed gonzalez's jersey.

if i had to pick now.....

i'd say the bo-sox are the major league's best team....

to make it worse i hear the red sox are aggressively after bobby abreu before the trade deadline.....

OrangeShadow
07-10-2006, 05:28 AM
we dont need another freakin outfielder we need rotation and bullpen depth.

Gcver2ver3
07-10-2006, 05:36 AM
we dont need another freakin outfielder we need rotation and bullpen depth.

oh shut up......

if your team added abreu to that lineup.....you know you'd be estatic

broncosteven
07-10-2006, 12:47 PM
if i had to pick now.....

i'd say the bo-sox are the major league's best team....

to make it worse i hear the red sox are aggressively after bobby abreu before the trade deadline.....

It is early yet. White sox had chances on Friday just didn't get it done with bases loaded all weekend.

Taco John
07-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I think it sucks that we don't get any fantasy points for our players' stats during the All-Star game. That game should be gravy.

OrangeShadow
07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
oh shut up......

if your team added abreu to that lineup.....you know you'd be estatic

No i wouldnt be. Because we already have Trot whos playing fine(despite yesterdays game) and pena in right. We have greater needs in the bullpen and in the back end of the rotation. Pitching wins championships not 3 freakin right fielders.

Gcver2ver3
07-10-2006, 07:51 PM
No i wouldnt be. Because we already have Trot whos playing fine(despite yesterdays game) and pena in right. We have greater needs in the bullpen and in the back end of the rotation. Pitching wins championships not 3 freakin right fielders.

alright dude....whateva....

just cuz you had gotten abreu doesn't mean you wouldn't get pitching also....

that's fine...glass half empty works for you i guess....

24champ
07-11-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.photofile.com/Photos/Albums/05_Baseball/Studios/Dodgers/Images/05PennyBradStudio.jpg

Brad Penny strikes out the first three in the all star game!!!!!

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 05:59 PM
I think it sucks that we don't get any fantasy points for our players' stats during the All-Star game. That game should be gravy.
Listen here, these three numberless days are the bane of my summer. Tomorrow will be especially hard.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 06:04 PM
I think the "winner" of the Bobby Abreu derby will probably be disappointed. His skills seem to be eroding and I don't think he has the right mentality for a market like New York or Boston. Its true Philly fans are harsh to everyone, but its not the same thing as the level of expectations he would face if he wound up in that pennant race.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 06:05 PM
I'm going to throw Zumaya onto the back of a bunch of my teams until after the trade deadline. If Detroit deals him for Smoltz, I've got an instant dominant closer on my squad.

Hotwheelz
07-11-2006, 06:09 PM
C. Young should be in the ASG.

:gus: :cuss: :garcia: :gripe: >:'( :bash: 4321~

Clockwork Orange
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
Listen here, these three numberless days are the bane of my summer. Tomorrow will be especially hard.

This must be like detox for you. ;)

ro_50
07-11-2006, 06:59 PM
By far the best thing of the MLB All-Star game, the ceremony for Roberto Clemente.

Taco John
07-11-2006, 07:27 PM

I'll say. I imagine this must what it feels like to be fresh off the smack. I've caught myself in a jittery withdrawl clicking onto the fantasy site out of forced habit, and to check if any pitching decisions have been made yet for Thursday.

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm going to throw Zumaya onto the back of a bunch of my teams until after the trade deadline. If Detroit deals him for Smoltz, I've got an instant dominant closer on my squad.

You are starting to sound like Steve Phillips on ESPN. That bastard suggests that trade all the time.....that is why he is no longer a GM. Dombrowski should know better than to trade Zoom.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
You are starting to sound like Steve Phillips on ESPN. That bastard suggests that trade all the time.....that is why he is no longer a GM. Dombrowski should know better than to trade Zoom.
I already said they should keep him, but if it happens, I'll have a valuable closer or bargaining chip.

Breck Bronc
07-11-2006, 07:50 PM
This game is zipping along with the few baserunners who do get on base getting erased on double plays.

I'm not too happy with Garner leaving David Wright in so long costing Miguel Cabrera even one at-bat.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 07:51 PM
This must be like detox for you. ;)
Much worse. They give smack addicts methadone. I'm doing this **** cold turkey.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Worst MLB prediction I made this year: Thome's bat speed is gone and he's done.

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2006, 08:03 PM
I already said they should keep him, but if it happens, I'll have a valuable closer or bargaining chip.

I know you said that before, I just cringe every time I hear the scenario brought up.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 08:07 PM
I know you said that before, I just cringe every time I hear the scenario brought up.
Rest easy, I don't think anybody in either front office cares what I think.

:)

Clockwork Orange
07-11-2006, 08:09 PM
Hoffman blows the save. Wow.

Breck Bronc
Finally some excitement in what would have been the most boring All-Star game in forever.

-Slap-
Clutch hit by Michael Young.

Breck Bronc
07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
The Rangers might not be a team that will make the World Series, let alone the playoffs, but in 2 of the last 4 All-Star games their players have had huge hits to help the AL (Blalock in 2003 and Young minutes ago).

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Let's go A.L.

Shut'em down Rivera (not used to saying that).

Clockwork Orange
07-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Great hustle by Beltran to beat out the throw.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Was that an 0-2 sinker Young spanked into rightfield? Hoffman should have put that ball in the dirt.

WABronco
07-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Great hustle by Beltran to beat out the throw.
Lopez has a gun too...Beltran's got some crazy speed for a bigman.

Gcver2ver3
07-11-2006, 08:44 PM
i'm pretty hot with hoffman right now....

guy has two outs with no one on...and blows it...

not to mention he blew it on an 0-2 count....

cost my man beltran the mvp.....

and cost the NL homefield....

i'm pretty heated....

to bed i go.......

WABronco
07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
i pretty hot with hoffman right now....

guy has two outs with no one on...and blows it...

not to mention he blew it on an 0-2 count....

cost my man beltran the mvp.....

and cost the NL homefield....

i'm pretty heated....

to bed i go.......
Yea, this homefield advantage thing is f'in BS! The managers say they use no signs, yet they're managing the game as if it was Game 7 of the WS??? What?

And besides, the notion that the game has added significance to the players because it decides homefield advantage is crazy IMO. The players are there to enjoy the experience, have fun with friends from other teams, and just put on a show for the fans. I really doubt that Hoffman was thinking, "Oh ****, I just lost homefield for the NL" when Young smoked that triple...

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Yea, this homefield advantage thing is f'in BS! The managers say they use no signs, yet they're managing the game as if it was Game 7 of the WS??? What?

And besides, the notion that the game has added significance to the players because it decides homefield advantage is crazy IMO. The players are there to enjoy the experience, have fun with friends from other teams, and just put on a show for the fans. I really doubt that Hoffman was thinking, "Oh ****, I just lost homefield for the NL" when Young smoked that triple...
I'll guarantee he was pissed at himself. He's over it by now, though, as the number two all time save leader would be.

I'll also guarantee you this stupid home field advantage gimmick was cooked up in the offices of FOX, not MLB. Simple Selig went along as usual.

SouthStndJunkie
07-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Best record should dictate home field advantage....period.

WABronco
07-11-2006, 09:40 PM
I'll guarantee he was pissed at himself. He's over it by now, though, as the number two all time save leader would be.

I'll also guarantee you this stupid home field advantage gimmick was cooked up in the offices of FOX, not MLB. Simple Selig went along as usual.
Well yea...I bet he was very pissed that he was beat on that stage...any professional would be.

What they should do next time is hook someone up to one of those brain-wave monitors...find out how many times they actually think about winning homefield advantage. Wait, that's impossible, I'm being a dumbass...but you get the point.

Glad my team isn't from the NL...that's for sure.

-Slap-
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
Well yea...I bet he was very pissed that he was beat on that stage...any professional would be.

What they should do next time is hook someone up to one of those brain-wave monitors...find out how many times they actually think about winning homefield advantage. Wait, that's impossible, I'm being a dumbass...but you get the point.

Glad my team isn't from the NL...that's for sure.
I think the NL wanted the game badly because the losing streak is reaching embarrassing proportions. I think the AL takes pride in the streak and wanted to extend it. I agree with you, the players, along with pretty much everybody else, think awarding HFA for this game is stupid.

WABronco
07-11-2006, 09:57 PM
I think the NL wanted the game badly because the losing streak is reaching embarrassing proportions. I think the AL takes pride in the streak and wanted to extend it. I agree with you, the players, along with pretty much everybody else, think awarding HFA for this game is stupid.
Heh...the all-around AL ownage is great. It makes you wonder though because the NL has some of the best young talent in the league. Wright, Reyes (even though he didn't play), Beltran, Howard, Pujols, Bay, Holliday, Cabrera, Penny, Oswalt, etc. I mean, is the talent really inferior? I think the tables may turn in the upcoming AS games when all that talent matures...for what it's worth.

Hotwheelz
07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
He usually puts the change-up in the dirt, must've missed on location.

Taco John
07-11-2006, 11:33 PM
I should *so* get to keep that Rivera save and the two Michael Young RBIs to count towards my team this week! Even Gary Matthew's Jr. came up with a hit for me, and Turnbow turned in a great one hit inning.

PatsWin2002
07-11-2006, 11:37 PM
It was nice of Rivera to work so hard to get an extra WS game at Fenway. :)

OrangeShadow
07-12-2006, 03:25 AM
It was nice of Rivera to work so hard to get an extra WS game at Fenway. :)

^5

B-Love
07-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Until Michael Young's clutch hit, the highlight of last night telecast was Jeanne Zalasko's t*ts.

I find a real aesthetic conflict after alternating camera shots of Jeanne's beautiful fun bags and Kevin Kennedy's pock marked Scarecrow face.

Clockwork Orange
07-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Time to get this back to the front page with the season revving back up tonight.

Reds & Nats make a deal. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2518314)

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds overhauled their rickety bullpen Thursday, getting Gary Majewski and Bill Bray in an eight-player deal that sent outfielder Austin Kearns and shortstop Felipe Lopez to the Washington Nationals.

The Reds, hanging close in the NL Central race, also acquired shortstop Royce Clayton, infielder Brendan Harris and pitcher Daryl Thompson from the last-place Nationals.

Clayton most likely would replace Lopez, who made the All-Star game last year. In addition, the Reds gave up reliever Ryan Wagner, a first-round pick in 2004 who has struggled the last two seasons.

Cincinnati's bullpen has dragged it down the last two months, giving up the most homers in the majors. The Reds acquired former All-Star reliever Eddie Guardado from Seattle on July 6 and came out of the All-Star break at 45-44, trailing St. Louis by four games in the division.

Majewski, Clayton and Bray are expected to report to Cincinnati in time for the game against the Colorado Rockies on Friday night. Harris will report to Triple-A Louisville and Thompson to Sarasota in the Gulf Coast League.

Last season for Washington, Majewski recorded a 2.93 ERA while leading the pitching staff with 79 appearances, a franchise record for a rookie. During the first half of this season he went 3-2 with a 3.58 ERA in 46 games.

Bray, 23, made his Major League debut this season and has posted a 3.91 ERA in 19 relief appearances.

This season for the Nats, Clayton is hitting .269 with 22 doubles and 8 stolen bases in 87 appearances.

Harris, 25, has appeared in 17 games for the Nationals and hit .283 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 59 games for New Orleans.

Thompson, 20, was selected by the Expos in the eighth round of the 2003 first-year player draft. This season for Vermont in the Class A New York-Penn League he went 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in 4 starts.

Kearns, 26, this season for the Reds hit .274 with 16 home runs and 50 RBI in 87 appearances.

Lopez, 26, hit .268 with nine home runs and 30 RBI in 85 games during the season's first half.

Wagner, 23, has spent the entire season in the minor leagues at Louisville, where he has posted a 6.34 ERA in 35 relief appearances.

The Reds recalled outfielder Chris Denorfia and infielder William Bergolla from Louisville to fill the roster spots of Kearns and Lopez on Thursday night.

WABronco
07-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Time to get this back to the front page with the season revving back up tonight.

Reds & Nats make a deal. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2518314)

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds overhauled their rickety bullpen Thursday, getting Gary Majewski and Bill Bray in an eight-player deal that sent outfielder Austin Kearns and shortstop Felipe Lopez to the Washington Nationals.

The Reds, hanging close in the NL Central race, also acquired shortstop Royce Clayton, infielder Brendan Harris and pitcher Daryl Thompson from the last-place Nationals.

Clayton most likely would replace Lopez, who made the All-Star game last year. In addition, the Reds gave up reliever Ryan Wagner, a first-round pick in 2004 who has struggled the last two seasons.

Cincinnati's bullpen has dragged it down the last two months, giving up the most homers in the majors. The Reds acquired former All-Star reliever Eddie Guardado from Seattle on July 6 and came out of the All-Star break at 45-44, trailing St. Louis by four games in the division.

Majewski, Clayton and Bray are expected to report to Cincinnati in time for the game against the Colorado Rockies on Friday night. Harris will report to Triple-A Louisville and Thompson to Sarasota in the Gulf Coast League.

Last season for Washington, Majewski recorded a 2.93 ERA while leading the pitching staff with 79 appearances, a franchise record for a rookie. During the first half of this season he went 3-2 with a 3.58 ERA in 46 games.

Bray, 23, made his Major League debut this season and has posted a 3.91 ERA in 19 relief appearances.

This season for the Nats, Clayton is hitting .269 with 22 doubles and 8 stolen bases in 87 appearances.

Harris, 25, has appeared in 17 games for the Nationals and hit .283 with five home runs and 32 RBI in 59 games for New Orleans.

Thompson, 20, was selected by the Expos in the eighth round of the 2003 first-year player draft. This season for Vermont in the Class A New York-Penn League he went 0-1 with a 6.75 ERA in 4 starts.

Kearns, 26, this season for the Reds hit .274 with 16 home runs and 50 RBI in 87 appearances.

Lopez, 26, hit .268 with nine home runs and 30 RBI in 85 games during the season's first half.

Wagner, 23, has spent the entire season in the minor leagues at Louisville, where he has posted a 6.34 ERA in 35 relief appearances.

The Reds recalled outfielder Chris Denorfia and infielder William Bergolla from Louisville to fill the roster spots of Kearns and Lopez on Thursday night.

Yikes...that's a big deal. Lopez and Kearns? Damn.

If I remember correctly, Bray is a pretty nice pitching spect, though. Majewski really helps out that bullpen too.

I guess giving Kearns away is acceptable because Denorfia is a good player.

Bronco LB 59
07-13-2006, 03:04 PM
WOW! That might be the worst deadline deal I have ever seen for a contending team. (The Jerry Reinsdorf firesale with the Giants in 1997 doesn't count because of the circumstances)

Two solid everyday players (both young) for average relief help and an aging, no-hit SS?

Jim Bowden just might have saved his career.

-Slap-
07-13-2006, 03:15 PM
WOW! That might be the worst deadline deal I have ever seen for a contending team. (The Jerry Reinsdorf firesale with the Giants in 1997 doesn't count because of the circumstances)

Two solid everyday players (both young) for average relief help and an aging, no-hit SS?

Jim Bowden just might have saved his career.
Welcome back, man. We missed you around here.

I agree, Cincy got hosed. I kept thinking one of those pitchers must have been some ultra blue chip prospect, but apparently not.

WABronco
07-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Reds fans are PISSED...

24champ
07-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Reds fans are PISSED...
Kinda like you in our league.:)

WABronco
07-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Kinda like you in our league.:)
Pshhh....

I can only have 14-1 weeks for so long...ya know?

Taco John
07-13-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm just happy to have MrPeeper's Frauds on the schedule this week. A chance to climb back up the charts... :)

Clockwork Orange
07-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Rockies bullpen imploding again. Scott Doh!mann and Ray "King Size Me" combine to give up a 5 spot in the bottom of the 7th after Jeff Francis recovered from some early struggles to give them a decent 6 inning outing.

Pathetic. :nono:

-Slap-
07-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Three bombs and seven RBI from Mark Teixeira to start the second half.

:)

http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/PHO/862119.jpg

-Slap-
07-13-2006, 07:22 PM
Rocks are trying to rally in the ninth.

WABronco
07-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Liriano got lit up...for his standards anyways.

Clockwork Orange
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Helton strikes out representing the tying run with two outs. Ah well, they plated 4 in the 9th, but it wasn't enough to overcome the bullpen throwing gas on the fire yet again.

-Slap-
07-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Liriano got lit up...for his standards anyways.
As Chili Davis said about Dwight Gooden during his heyday, "He ain't God, man."

Inexplicably, Chili was batting .500 off Gooden while the rest of the league was flailing helplessly against him.

Its sucks, though. I was getting real used to those beautiful statlines every five days.

NaptownChief
07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Reds fans are PISSED...

They should be...Really looks like they got fleeced....at least on the surface it sure looks that way.

Clockwork Orange
07-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Pujols with a walk off blast in the 14th. :notworthy

24champ
07-14-2006, 02:21 AM
Pujols with a walk off blast in the 14th. :notworthy
Perez needs to go, he is WORTHLESS.

WABronco
07-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Perez needs to go, he is WORTHLESS.
Too bad Depo signed him to a horrible contract. Muahahahaha...

24champ
07-14-2006, 10:13 AM
Too bad Depo signed him to a horrible contract. Muahahahaha...
2 years left on his 3 year 24 million dollar deal. HORRIBLE CONTRACT especially coming from a "MONEYBALL" GM. We never understood it but yeah Depodesta made some retarded moves. We moved on and I like Coletti, just need to toss Perez out the window.

Crowpointer
07-14-2006, 10:30 AM
It's bad enough that the last 2 games the Sox played were for a combined 30 innings but to lose them both really sux.

PatsWin2002
07-14-2006, 10:32 AM
It's bad enough that the last 2 games the Sox played were for a combined 30 innings but to lose them both really sux.

And to have the game tied up on an infield error....well, you know.

WABronco
07-14-2006, 10:49 AM
2 years left on his 3 year 24 million dollar deal. HORRIBLE CONTRACT especially coming from a "MONEYBALL" GM. We never understood it but yeah Depodesta made some retarded moves. We moved on and I like Coletti, just need to toss Perez out the window.
He seems like a big, fat, lazy zero too. Trade him to one of the NY teams!

SouthStndJunkie
07-22-2006, 09:41 PM
The Tigers are up 5.5 over the White Sox despite a crappy effort versus Oakland today. I knew it was a matter of time before Zach Miner came down to earth.

Rocket 7
07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
The Tigers are up 5.5 over the White Sox despite a crappy effort versus Oakland today. I knew it was a matter of time before Zach Miner came down to earth.
Up 5 nothing in the first inning I thought we were home free. I can't believe we we lost today. Who's pitching manana?

SouthStndJunkie
07-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Up 5 nothing in the first inning I thought we were home free. I can't believe we we lost today. Who's pitching manana?

Nate Robertson.....he is due for a solid start after gettting touched up in his last one.

Miner may not be in the rotation much longer if he keeps getting lit up.

SouthStndJunkie
07-22-2006, 09:59 PM
Tigers prospect starting pitcher Humberto Sanchez (with the Toledo Mud Hens) is a guy that most teams want in any potential deadline deal.

I was thinking he might get called up, but they would probably replace Miner with Wil Ledezma.

-Slap-
07-22-2006, 10:02 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2002/0408/photo/a_smoltz_i.jpg

;)

SouthStndJunkie
07-22-2006, 10:03 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/mlb/2002/0408/photo/a_smoltz_i.jpg

;)

I would trade Humberto Sanchez for Smoltz, but not Zumuya.

Cool Breeze
07-22-2006, 10:08 PM
No indictment of Bonds, yet...

WABronco
07-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Beware of the flying garbage can!

http://www.deadspin.com/sports/top/the-windy-night-at-busch-188924.php

Because the guy wasn't seriously injured...it's okay to bust out laughing.:D

Clockwork Orange
07-23-2006, 02:54 PM
Francisco Liriano K'd 10 batters and allowed 1 run in 5 innings of work today. Not one of his longer outings, but still impressive. His ERA still stands at an major league best 1.93.

-Slap-
07-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Francisco Liriano K'd 10 batters and allowed 1 run in 5 innings of work today. Not one of his longer outings, but still impressive. His ERA still stands at an major league best 1.93.
He was breezing along and then he had to work out of a small jam in the fourth inning. He walked three batters in the fifth, though, which ran up his pitch count to 100. I thought he had strike three on 3-2 counts to two different batters, but the ump thought differently. I was just happy to see him work his way out of the bases loaded jam and get the win.

WABronco
07-24-2006, 03:00 PM
Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2528494), the Chicago Whitesox are "extremely close" to acquiring Alfonso Soriano from the Nationals and Mike MacDougal from the KC Royals.

Yikes...

broncosteven
07-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2528494), the Chicago Whitesox are "extremely close" to acquiring Alfonso Soriano from the Nationals and Mike MacDougal from the KC Royals.

Yikes...

This would make my day!

SouthStndJunkie
07-24-2006, 03:47 PM
The White Sox are desperate.

broncosteven
07-24-2006, 04:00 PM
The White Sox are desperate.

Need to win the series vs Twins. Freaking Detroit has not had a slump since early in the year. hard to win at .650- .675 all year long.

Just get me to the playoffs again. I missed out going last year.

WABronco
07-24-2006, 04:03 PM
I read a crazy rumor that Williams may just be acquiring Soriano to keep him from the Twins and Tigers, and once he does get him he'll trade him off again. How crazy would that be?

SouthStndJunkie
07-24-2006, 04:50 PM
I don't want the Tigers to give up the top level prospects needed to get Soriano, who would be a 2 month rental and then a free agent.

broncosteven
07-24-2006, 04:57 PM
I read a crazy rumor that Williams may just be acquiring Soriano to keep him from the Twins and Tigers, and once he does get him he'll trade him off again. How crazy would that be?

I just heard the same thing. Put Yankess on that list.

27atwater
07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I really don't think the Tigers are gonna slow up like all the "experts"m seem to think. Those guys from Detroit can frickin play.

WABronco
07-24-2006, 06:42 PM
White Sox | Club acquires MacDougal
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 13:07:33 -0700

WhiteSox.MLB.com reports the Chicago White Sox traded P Tyler Lumsden and P Daniel Cortes to the Kansas City Royals in exchange for P Mike MacDougal.

WABronco
07-24-2006, 06:44 PM
Hey SSJ...

I read that Humberto Sanchez was scratched from his start tonight...think a trade might be goin' down?

Taco John
07-24-2006, 06:55 PM
I would like to take a second to take a deep breath, stick out my chest, and thank the baseball gods for another week of first place in my home league. I lost the lead for a week, but put myself up with a 9 game lead on my opponents with two solid weeks.

While I'm at it, I want to thank Justin Morneau for being such a badass this season. I traded away an injured Derreck Lee for Roger Clemens in April, and while I later acquired Big Teix to fill the gap at first base, it wasn't until I picked up Morneau out of the FA pool that I felt like my team was complete.

Bring on the playoffs. I can't wait.

Clockwork Orange
07-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Jeff Francis just pitched an absolute gem. CG, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 8 K's at Coors Field against the St. Louis Cardinals.

I'm not all that wild about Hurdle running him out there for the 9th with a 7 run lead and 112 pitches thrown, but it was nice to see the kid get to finish off this masterpiece.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/writers/john_donovan/03/24/rockies.youth/t1_francis.jpg

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

Jori
07-24-2006, 10:34 PM
The Franchise :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

B-Love
07-24-2006, 10:38 PM
F*****************************k!!!!!!!!

What is up with the White Sox?? Beuhrle looks like ****, Vasquez has been awful. Uribe and Brian Anderson are finally starting to hit but we're losing anyway.

Man I can't believe this collapse over the past three weeks.

Plus we're cutting loose good clubhouse guys in Cliff Politte and Chris Widger. I know they are good moves on paper, but is the team getting more distant in the lockerroom. Politte, Widger and Rowand were all "get the guys together" kind of guys.

Soriano in Left and Scotty Pods in Center sounds nice, but are we really going to do this deal and give up on McCarthy, for a guy who is a Free Agent this Winter??

Kenny Williams better get Alfonso to sign a 4 year deal as part of this trade. Then I'm OK with it.

SoCal and other Sox fans, bring the good mojo here; we need it.

SouthStndJunkie
07-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey SSJ...

I read that Humberto Sanchez was scratched from his start tonight...think a trade might be goin' down?

Very well could be a trade going down.

Meanwhile.....the Tigers lead over the White Sox is now at 7.5 games.

-Slap-
07-24-2006, 11:00 PM
*******************************!!!!!!!!

What is up with the White Sox?? Beuhrle looks like ****, Vasquez has been awful. Uribe and Brian Anderson are finally starting to hit but we're losing anyway.

Man I can't believe this collapse over the past three weeks.

Plus we're cutting loose good clubhouse guys in Cliff Politte and Chris Widger. I know they are good moves on paper, but is the team getting more distant in the lockerroom. Politte, Widger and Rowand were all "get the guys together" kind of guys.

Soriano in Left and Scotty Pods in Center sounds nice, but are we really going to do this deal and give up on McCarthy, for a guy who is a Free Agent this Winter??

Kenny Williams better get Alfonso to sign a 4 year deal as part of this trade. Then I'm OK with it.

SoCal and other Sox fans, bring the good mojo here; we need it.
I don't think Ozzie is going to get away with dressing down vets like Garland in public like that much longer without losing that team.

Clockwork Orange
07-24-2006, 11:08 PM
I've railed on the guy without mercy, so I have to give him credit where it's due. Clint Barmes is having himself one hell of a month of July. Going into tonight he was batting .344 and rasied his once sub-Mendoza line average up to .237. He went 2 for 2 with a HR, 2 RBI's and a pair of sacrifice bunts tonight.

I still don't like him, I still wait impatiently for the day that Troy Tulowitzki comes up and sends him back to Colorado Springs, but he's playing well right now and it'd be unfair of me not to give him his due.

*grumble grumble*

B-Love
07-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I don't think Ozzie is going to get away with dressing down vets like Garland in public like that much longer without losing that team.

Word. His tirade against Tracey looked legit but that stunt yesterday looked staged and forced.

Didn't affect Garland a smidge apparently. He and Contreras are the only starters pitching with any balls right now.

WABronco
07-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Man, ESPN fired Harold Reynolds. ASSHOLES!

ESPN FIRES REYNOLDS

By ANDREW MARCHAND
July 25, 2006 -- ESPN yesterday fired analyst Harold Reynolds from Baseball Tonight, sources told The Post. The reason was not immediately known.
"We are not going to comment," ESPN VP Josh Krulewitz said.
When asked how they are going to explain that Reynolds will never be on the air again, Krulewitz still declined comment.
Reynolds did not return calls.
Reynolds, 45, had been with ESPN 11 years. He had been a fixture on the show, which is a gathering spot for baseball fans, players and team executives.
The program already is dealing with the loss of information man Peter Gammons. Gammons is recovering from a brain aneurysm that occurred at the end of last month. The show's main analysts had been Reynolds, Gammons and John Kruk.
In Gammons' absence, ex-Met GM Steve Phillips has played a bigger role on the show. The program uses several analysts, including Orel Hershiser, Tino Martinez and Jeff Brantley.
Last night, host Karl Ravech was joined by Kruk and Phillips. Reynolds usually is on Monday nights.
Reynolds was known for a smooth style that usually was player friendly. He never found himself in too much controversy for what he said on the air. In fact, ESPN was so high on him he was expected to stay with the network through its just signed eight-year deal with MLB. Now, after yesterday, Reynolds is no longer welcome in Bristol.

B-Love
07-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Yeah, I was shocked to hear this news about Harold Reynolds.

I watched his last episode on Sunday Night and near the end of the show I noticed John Kruk getting loud with Harold.

But it just looked like overhyped analysis of the game.

Very curious to know this gossip, i.e. why fired. Hmm..............

Taco John
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Wow. I really liked Harold Reynolds on that show .

WABronco
07-25-2006, 01:25 PM
At any rate, he needs to come home and join the M's broadcast crew. He'd be awesome in the booth...much better over what we currently have (Dave Henderson stutters and thinks that giving up walks is worse than giving up a homer).

WABronco
07-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey 24,

Dodgers | Team acquires Dessens for Perez, prospects
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:55:52 -0700
ESPN.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/55/mlb">Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired RP Elmer Dessens (http://www.kffl.com/player/4763/mlb) from the Kansas City Royals (http://www.kffl.com/team/54/mlb) for pitchers Odalis Perez (http://www.kffl.com/player/4884/mlb), Blake Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/10523/mlb), Julio Pimental (http://www.kffl.com/player/15497/mlb) and cash considerations Tuesday, July 25.

Are you know almost 100% Depo free? Let's see...Jose Cruz Jr., Derek Lowe, Brad Penny...ummm. At any rate, you're getting closer.

Neither guy was a top 10 prospect, per Baseball America.

Clockwork Orange
07-25-2006, 01:43 PM
I wonder how much of Perez's contract they had to eat.

WABronco
07-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I wonder how much of Perez's contract they had to eat.
I read somewhere that it was 8 mil...roughly half of what's left.

broncosteven
07-25-2006, 03:27 PM

I think he lost them with the 7 days of Bunting class in mid-season.

Every team hits a slump, Sox had one at end of last year & pulled it out at end vs Cleveland. They may not catch Detroit but Wildcard is still possibile.

Burls will get it done, Javie sucks, Garcia can have a great outing then follow it up with a Homerun filled game. Conteras still has not pitched as well as before he got hurt. Garland all of a Sudden is the Ace which is not a good thing for this team. If they drop back 10 out of 1st & 3 out of wild card then I will get worried. At least they are still around 20 games over .500, Cubs on track to have one of their worst seasons ever...as a sox fan that is worth the price of the season, how many MLB teams have gone back to back over the last 20 years other than Yankees?

SouthStndJunkie
07-25-2006, 03:41 PM
At any rate, he needs to come home and join the M's broadcast crew. He'd be awesome in the booth...much better over what we currently have (Dave Henderson stutters and thinks that giving up walks is worse than giving up a homer).

I heard his firing had something to do with sexual harassment.

-Slap-
07-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Reynolds was always protecting his friends anyway. Lets get someone more analytical and less worried about offending people in that chair now.

Clockwork Orange
07-25-2006, 04:59 PM
Update from deadspin, another source says that it wasn't sexual harassment (http://www.deadspin.com/)

(UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

Funny how ESPN seems to love rumors, gossip and allegations until it's one of their own involved.

WABronco
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I heard his firing had something to do with sexual harassment.
Yea I heard that too. If that's what really happened, then it's probably a good idea to let things cool down for a bit. I wonder if we'll ever really know...

denver5459
07-25-2006, 05:58 PM
Update from deadspin, another source says that it wasn't sexual harassment (http://www.deadspin.com/)

(UPDATE: Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."

Funny how ESPN seems to love rumors, gossip and allegations until it's one of their own involved.
ESPN is turning into more of a soap opera everyday. It's such a joke

-Slap-
07-25-2006, 06:24 PM

Hmm, maybe I should pull my foot out of my mouth. If Reynolds was sick and tired of the ARod bashing, I certainly can't blame him. I respect him for taking a stand.

I don't blame front running, Jeter loving, spoiled rotten Yankee fans for jamming on a guy who's on pace for 35 HR and 121 RBI, but the media is just out of control already.

Clockwork Orange
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Hmm, maybe I should pull my foot out of my mouth. If Reynolds was sick and tired of the ARod bashing, I certainly can't blame him. I respect him for taking a stand.

I don't blame front running, Jeter loving, spoiled rotten Yankee fans for jamming on a guy who's on pace for 35 HR and 121 RBI, but the media is just out of control already.

The thing is, I heard that Tim Kurkjian was critical on the air of them harping on A-Rod's 0 for 4 game in Toronto. I didn't hear it firsthand, but I guess he expressed his thoughts about how it was ridiculous for them to focus on A-Rod going 0 for 4 on that particular night when he's had 0 for's numerous other times and it's never been mentioned.

I have to agree, though. The way that ESPN is playing it up, you'd think that A-Rod had turned into Clint Barmes.

Clockwork Orange
07-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Jason Jennings has to be wondering what he's done to piss off his teammates. He pitched a complete game tonight, allowed 1 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 4 K.......and took the loss. The only run of the game came on a down and away changeup that some guy named Pujols took the other way and sent it into the seats in right field.

Since June 14th, Jennings' ERA is 2.17 and he hasn't picked up a single win during that span. Another alarming stat, the Rockies have scored 1 run or less in 8 of Jennings' 22 starts this season. Talk about buzzard's luck. :nono:

Rascal
07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
Jason Jennings has to be wondering what he's done to piss off his teammates. He pitched a complete game tonight, allowed 1 R, 4 H, 2 BB, 4 K.......and took the loss. The only run of the game came on a down and away changeup that some guy named Pujols took the other way and sent it into the seats in right field.

Since June 14th, Jennings' ERA is 2.17 and he hasn't picked up a single win during that span. Another alarming stat, the Rockies have scored 1 run or less in 8 of Jennings' 22 starts this season. Talk about buzzard's luck. :nono:

Jennings is usually going up against the others teams ace, and our offense while decent isn't very good against the top pitchers.

Hotwheelz
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
How 'bout them Padres?!:D :strong:

WABronco
07-25-2006, 11:27 PM
How 'bout them Padres?!:D :strong:
Cammy is on FIYAAA!

Hotwheelz
07-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Cammy is on FIYAAA!

Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

:strong:

24champ
07-26-2006, 12:34 AM
Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

tsk tsk :cuss:

Hotwheelz
07-26-2006, 12:38 AM
tsk tsk :cuss:

What's your payroll again? :approve: :yayaya:

24champ
07-26-2006, 12:40 AM
Hey 24,

Dodgers | Team acquires Dessens for Perez, prospects
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:55:52 -0700
ESPN.com reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/55/mlb">Los Angeles Dodgers have acquired RP Elmer Dessens (http://www.kffl.com/player/4763/mlb) from the Kansas City Royals (http://www.kffl.com/team/54/mlb) for pitchers Odalis Perez (http://www.kffl.com/player/4884/mlb), Blake Johnson (http://www.kffl.com/player/10523/mlb), Julio Pimental (http://www.kffl.com/player/15497/mlb) and cash considerations Tuesday, July 25.

Are you know almost 100% Depo free? Let's see...Jose Cruz Jr., Derek Lowe, Brad Penny...ummm. At any rate, you're getting closer.

Neither guy was a top 10 prospect, per Baseball America.
Perez was garbage, boy Im glad to see him go! We gave the royals money for Perez's f'ed up contract and that is fine with me and the Royals can treat him like trash. I dont like that we tossed in the prospects but we have plenty of those in our farm system.

Ned Colletti said on a conference call. "He lost his starting job, obviously. It's probably best to cut ties and move on. We were not getting much productivity out of that roster spot."

OUCH!

24champ
07-26-2006, 12:42 AM
What's your payroll again? :approve: :yayaya:
How many championships have the Madres won? ;D

Hotwheelz
07-26-2006, 12:56 AM
How many championships have the Madres won? ;D

Don't worry with our solid young infield and future rotation of:

Peavy
Zito
Young
Carillo
Wells

We'll pass your daunting 4 WS soon.;D

WABronco
07-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Ahhhhh...Carl friggin' Everett is gone...he's finally gone. Thank gawwwddddddd...

WABronco
07-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Seattle trades Shin Soo Choo and a PTBNL to Cleveland for Ben Broussard. I'm guessing Broussard will split time at 1B and DH. I love this deal. LH bat in Safeco...someone who's not Carl Everett...a good clubhouse guy (which we really need). Great move all around!

Oh, and we know have Eduardo Perez and Broussard...Cleveland's 1b platoon at the start of the year. Heh...

Clockwork Orange
07-26-2006, 02:24 PM
The Twins are smoking hot right now. Should they make the postseason, that's a scary team to have to face in a 7 game series.

Pendejo
07-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Go for the sweep!

Beat LA! Beat LA!

Not only did they complete the sweep, but the Dahyers didn't even look like they belong on the field with the Madres.

Peavy went 7 strong innings...gave up two runs...and had four RBI of his own. Including a no doubter of a two run homer off of Penny.

Gonzalez went yard again as well.

Hotwheelz
07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Not only did they complete the sweep, but the Dahyers didn't even look like they belong on the field with the Madres.

Peavy went 7 strong innings...gave up two runs...and had four RBI of his own. Including a no doubter of a two run homer off of Penny.

Gonzalez went yard again as well.
:yayaya: :yayaya: :yayaya:

24 where are you?

Is peavy back?

24champ
07-26-2006, 03:37 PM

24 where are you?

Is peavy back?
yeah yeah yeah, we lost 12 in row. Good job Madres. Not a good week at all when Nomar goes down and we get swept by the Madres at home for the first time in 3 years.

Pendejo
07-26-2006, 03:47 PM

24 where are you?

Is peavy back?

It's hard to say. He's shown flashes all year...he's just been elevating the ball, and throwing too many pitches. He threw 120 something today.

There was an article in the Union Tribune last weak...in which Peavy was adamant that his shoulder is fine, but his delivery is not. So we'll see if he can get it turned around.

It'd be nice if the team can keep hitting too. At the beginning of the year the pundits thought the Madres would hit, but have problems with pitching. The opposite has been true for most of the season.

Gcver2ver3
07-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Mets finally get off the schnide...........

1-0 in 10 innings at home versus the cubs......

not exactly something to brag about....but we'll take it...

-Slap-
07-26-2006, 06:20 PM
I knew Peavy would pitch well today. After trying to singlehandedly destroy my pitching line all month, I finally sat him down this week.

I also released Mark Prior over the weekend and he pitched 5 2/3 innings of no-hit ball today. Of course, in typical Mark Prior fashion, he left the game nursing another minor injury.

SouthStndJunkie
07-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Justin Verlander gets win #13 today with a solid effort.

6 2/3 innings 5 hits 1 ER 0 BB 8 Ks

ERA on the year now a paltry 2.69

Pendejo
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Trevor Hoffman with his third blown save since the all star break. Dammit. If he does his job in those three games the Madres would really get some separation from the rest of the division.

Gcver2ver3
07-28-2006, 10:51 PM
Pedro with a rocky start....bounces back nicely retiring the last 12 batters he faced....

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/05/13/freeagent.booms/martinez.jpg
welcome back dog.....

SouthStndJunkie
07-28-2006, 11:14 PM
The Tigers beat the Twins 3-2 in 10 innings.

Liriano pitched a nice game for the Twins, but the Tigers did enough to get the win.

Big win for the Tigers against the red hot Twins.

Gcver2ver3
07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
The Tigers beat the Twins 3-2 in 10 innings.

Liriano pitched a nice game for the Twins, but the Tigers did enough to get the win.

Big win for the Tigers against the red hot Twins.

goodness....the tigers just won't lose......

SouthStndJunkie
07-28-2006, 11:37 PM
goodness....the tigers just won't lose......

At the start of the season I was hoping to finish over .500. This season has been a blast no matter how it turns out. Baseball is alive and well in Detroit again.

Taco John
07-29-2006, 12:08 AM
I knew Peavy would pitch well today. After trying to singlehandedly destroy my pitching line all month, I finally sat him down this week.

I know how you feel... I dropped Fatrolo Colon the night before he had a compete game SHO. All I could do was throw my head back and laugh at the guy who picked him up... and promptly released him three games later... :~ohyah!:

WABronco
07-29-2006, 12:23 AM
Alfonso Soriano was removed from tonights Nats/Dodgers game in the 5th inning. It could be two things--a trade or the Nats protecting their asset.

24champ
07-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Alfonso Soriano was removed from tonights Nats/Dodgers game in the 5th inning. It could be two things--a trade or the Nats protecting their asset.
game was over in the 5th inning anyway...

dodgers traded away relief pitcher Baez and Aybar for betemit? I can see trading Baez since he is worthless but not Aybar!

WABronco
07-29-2006, 01:42 AM
game was over in the 5th inning anyway...

dodgers traded away relief pitcher Baez and Aybar for betemit? I can see trading Baez since he is worthless but not Aybar!
I can't believe the Braves made that deal. Many thought that Betemit was a better player than Marcus "glass" Giles, and with the way both have played this year I'd tend to agree. The Braves are just in dire need of pitching. I'm guessing Aybar will fill Betemit's super-util role, so they didn't lose much there. Betemit's a pretty good player though. Baez friggin' sucks though. They must've been afraid of losing their IF depth guy, because Linebrink's a much better pitcher at this point in time.

Oh, and BTW, you should be happy. It was rumored that LA and Seattle were discussing a Beltre deal, with Aybar and cash coming to Seattle. Be happy...

24champ
07-29-2006, 01:48 AM
I can't believe the Braves made that deal. Many thought that Betemit was a better player than Marcus "glass" Giles, and with the way both have played this year I'd tend to agree. The Braves are just in dire need of pitching. I'm guessing Aybar will fill Betemit's super-util role, so they didn't lose much there. Betemit's a pretty good player though. Baez friggin' sucks though. They must've been afraid of losing their IF depth guy, because Linebrink's a much better pitcher at this point in time.

Oh, and BTW, you should be happy. It was rumored that LA and Seattle were discussing a Beltre deal, with Aybar and cash coming to Seattle. Be happy...
I heard San Diego is interested in Beltre, didnt hear a peep about the dodgers interested, wierd...Yes Im glad the Dodgers did not pursue that route since clearly Beltre is overpaid. Im still bummed Aybar got traded because he is one of the best prospect's I have read about.

WABronco
07-29-2006, 01:58 AM
I heard San Diego is interested in Beltre, didnt hear a peep about the dodgers interested, wierd...Yes Im glad the Dodgers did not pursue that route since clearly Beltre is overpaid. Im still bummed Aybar got traded because he is one of the best prospect's I have read about.

Yea, trading prospects is a bitch. The guy we just traded to Cleveland homered to score the only run in tonight's game...it's almost as if God himself reached down and bitch slapped us M's fans.

24champ
07-29-2006, 02:03 AM
Yea, trading prospects is a b****. The guy we just traded to Cleveland homered to score the only run in tonight's game...it's almost as if God himself reached down and b**** slapped us M's fans.
yeah i dont like trading prospects unless it is for some proven star. Betemit is no star but he supposedly has a bright future. Got to read more about this guy but right now I would say the trade is even.

Gcver2ver3
07-29-2006, 06:34 AM
At the start of the season I was hoping to finish over .500. This season has been a blast no matter how it turns out. Baseball is alive and well in Detroit again.

nothing better than hoping for mediocre and getting a world series appearance!

and then of course losing to the mets....

Gcver2ver3
07-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Carlos Beltran adding two more home runs on the season...

Mets win 11-3 over the Braves....how sweet it is....

Bob's your Information Minister
07-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Rangers added Carlos Lee.

Look out!

Bronco LB 59
07-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Rangers added Carlos Lee.

Look out!

Thanks for Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young. We should trade more often.:~ohyah!:

-Slap-
07-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks for Adrian Gonzalez and Chris Young. We should trade more often.:~ohyah!:
Gonzalez and Young for Eaton was highway robbery.

I think the Lee deal was a pretty good one for them, though. He's prone to second half fades, so we'll see what happens.

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2006, 07:22 PM
The Tigers punk the Twins again tonight to hit win #70 (70-33) on the year.

The next closest teams have 62 wins.

Pendejo
07-29-2006, 08:19 PM
Gonzalez and Young for Eaton was highway robbery.

I think the Lee deal was a pretty good one for them, though. He's prone to second half fades, so we'll see what happens.

The Madres also gave up Akinori Otsuka, and received T. Sledge in return...but you're right it was a robbery. The same thing can be said of the Chan Ho Park / Whining Nevin deal last summer. Sure it was a salary swap, but Chan Ho has produced and leads major league pitchers in batting average...whilst Nevin got bounced from that band box in Texas. It's a wonder that that prima donna doesn't pull his vagina every time he ties his shoes.

Thank the baseball gods that Klesko was so hurt this year...otherwise Adrian Gonzalez wouldn't have had a chance to have the year he's having now. Thankfully KT has already said that Adrian is the man at first...and he said that a month or so ago...taking the decision out of Bruce Bochy's hands.

Actually I think I should shut up about any trades the Madres make. I was pissed about the Nady/Cameron trade...I've seen Cameron play in person at Petco a few times this season...and he's awesome. Bronco LB 52 and I both lamented the mirabelli for loretta trade...but when you take in to account what Barfield has done in his rookie year, and the salary they cut and the fact that they got the surprising Josh Bard...cash...and a couple of minor league arms in return...it's not so bad.

Although I'll still be pissed if they don't make a deal to put them over the hump by the deadline. The Madres clearly have the best team in the NL West...or at least the best front office. I want results. Sure this was supposed to be a rebuilding year...but the boys are playing their asses off and are in control of the division. Now is the time to win. DO IT NOW!!!!

-Slap-
07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
The Madres also gave up Akinori Otsuka, and received T. Sledge in return...but you're right it was a robbery. The same thing can be said of the Chan Ho Park / Whining Nevin deal last summer. Sure it was a salary swap, but Chan Ho has produced and leads major league pitchers in batting average...whilst Nevin got bounced from that band box in Texas. It's a wonder that that prima donna doesn't pull his vagina every time he ties his shoes.

Thank the baseball gods that Klesko was so hurt this year...otherwise Adrian Gonzalez wouldn't have had a chance to have the year he's having now. Thankfully KT has already said that Adrian is the man at first...and he said that a month or so ago...taking the decision out of Bruce Bochy's hands.

Actually I think I should shut up about any trades the Madres make. I was pissed about the Nady/Cameron trade...I've seen Cameron play in person at Petco a few times this season...and he's awesome. Bronco LB 52 and I both lamented the mirabelli for loretta trade...but when you take in to account what Barfield has done in his rookie year, and the salary they cut and the fact that they got the surprising Josh Bard...cash...and a couple of minor league arms in return...it's not so bad.

Although I'll still be pissed if they don't make a deal to put them over the hump by the deadline. The Madres clearly have the best team in the NL West...or at least the best front office. I want results. Sure this was supposed to be a rebuilding year...but the boys are playing their asses off and are in control of the division. Now is the time to win. DO IT NOW!!!!

Great post. Agree completely about Nevin. Injury prone crybaby bastard. Getting nothing for him would have been addition by subtraction.

I've always loved to watch Mike Cameron play. One of the three best defensive centerfielders in the game. If he hit for a slightly better average, he would be a perennial All-Star.

Rocket 7
07-29-2006, 10:48 PM
The Tigers punk the Twins again tonight to hit win #70 (70-33) on the year.

The next closest teams have 62 wins.
Is the bandwagon full yet?

SouthStndJunkie
07-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Is the bandwagon full yet?

It is getting harder to get tickets for the games, which is ok by me. Nice to have the ballpark alive and full of energy.

The Tigers are back on the front page of the sports section where they belong.

WABronco
07-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Looks like the Yanks have acquired Abreu and Lidle. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459)

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 01:28 PM
You have to be kidding me.

The Rocket goes 7 innings 2 hits, 1 R (unearned) 0 walks and 9 Ks.

They pull him after 7 with a 5-1 lead and Qualls gives up 4 in the 8th.

Clemens pitch count was only at 90. Let him do his job.

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 01:30 PM
That poor bastard has an ERA of 2.09.....but is 2-4.

-Slap-
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Looks like the Yanks have acquired Abreu and Lidle. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2534459)
And they're going to pick up all of Abreu's monstrous contract. Are they over $300 million in payroll yet?

-Slap-
07-30-2006, 01:36 PM
The Twins still seem like the scariest team to meet in the playoffs. When they can potentially roll Santana/Liriano out there five times in a seven game series, you know you're going to have your work cut out for you.

WABronco
07-30-2006, 01:40 PM
And they're going to pick up all of Abreu's monstrous contract. Are they over $300 million in payroll yet?
I'm guessing that was the deal breaker, because the Yanks gave up zero.

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 01:43 PM
The Twins still seem like the scariest team to meet in the playoffs. When they can potentially roll Santana/Liriano out there five times in a seven game series, you know you're going to have your work cut out for you.

The Tigers are close to sweeping them right now. Up 3-0 in the 8th at the moment in Game 3 of the series.....in which they will have defeated both Santana/Liriano. Bonderman pitching a gem of a game.....still an inning and a half to go though.

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Damnit.....I cursed them.

3-1 now.

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Tigers falling apart in the bottom of the 8th,

They may have to settle for taking the series and not the sweep.

-Slap-
07-30-2006, 01:53 PM
This inning is frigging unreal. An error, scratch hits, a Bucknerlike play at first base, a base loaded balk by a veteran pitcher. And there's still nobody out!

Gcver2ver3
07-30-2006, 02:05 PM
Carlos Beltran is on a tear....

3 grand slams in the month of july (ties ML record)

2 more homeruns today....he leads the NL in RBI now....has 32 dingers

SouthStndJunkie
07-30-2006, 02:19 PM
This inning is frigging unreal. An error, scratch hits, a Bucknerlike play at first base, a base loaded balk by a veteran pitcher. And there's still nobody out!

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tigers lose 6-4.

Breck Bronc
07-30-2006, 02:25 PM
That poor bastard has an ERA of 2.09.....but is 2-4.Just another example of why wins and losses for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats in all of sports.

Clockwork Orange
07-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Just another example of why wins and losses for pitchers are one of the most overrated stats in all of sports.

No joke. Jason Jennings got his first win today since June 14th. Between then and now, his ERA has been just over 2, yet he went nearly 1 1/2 months between wins. :nono:

Clockwork Orange
07-30-2006, 04:45 PM

Absolutely. I just heard that they're one of the teams interested in Soriano. If they could add his bat, look out.

Pendejo
07-30-2006, 05:03 PM
No joke. Jason Jennings got his first win today since June 14th. Between then and now, his ERA has been just over 2, yet he went nearly 1 1/2 months between wins. :nono:

The Rockies seem to pretty much own the Madres. Especially Jennings. When I looked at the pitching matchups for this series in the paper last week I knew that Jennings would win today. I was just hoping for a split.

MechanicalBull
07-30-2006, 05:47 PM
The Yanks need pitching not hitting. It's going to be pretty funny when Sheffield and Matsui comes back. They pretty much had an allstar at every position and now they are adding one that will be splitting playing time in the OF and DH.

Clockwork Orange
07-30-2006, 06:35 PM
The Rockies traded C Miguel Ojeda to Texas for cash. That's a Monforts deal if I ever saw one.

Jori
07-30-2006, 07:12 PM
The Rockies traded C Miguel Ojeda to Texas for cash. That's a Monforts deal if I ever saw one.
The blockbuster we have all been waiting for :rofl:

Taco John
07-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I hope putting on the pinstripes wakes up Abreu's bat...

Taco John
07-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Clemens had an amazingly dominant game tonight, and still can't get a win... Unbelievable. Seven innings pitched, he gives up only 2 hits, and knocks down 9 K's and then the bullpen gives up 4 runs in the 8th and 2 runs in the 9th to blow a 5 to 1 lead.

I imagine Rocket is a little disturbed right about now...

Clockwork Orange
07-30-2006, 09:43 PM
I imagine Rocket is a little disturbed right about now...

Same story as last year.

But hey, no one made him go back to Houston. It's not like he didn't have other options.

24champ
07-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Look for a big day tommorow from the dodgers as far as trades go. I just hope we do not end up trading the farm BUT according to some rumors Ned Coletti the Dodgers GM is willing to do that. So from what im hearing the Dodgers are in the running for Maddux, Tejada, Soriano. Would not be suprised to see two of those in a dodgers uni on tuesday. I know some of the trade proposals and im just holding my breath here. I swear if Matt Kemp gets dealt then im going on a rant tommorow...

Clockwork Orange
07-31-2006, 12:07 PM
Tigers get Sean Casey from the Pirates for minor league pitcher Brian Rogers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2535130)

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Tigers get Sean Casey from the Pirates for minor league pitcher Brian Rogers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2535130)

Great trade.....Casey will fit right in the clubhouse and the Tigers get another left handed bat. They demoted Shelton, but he needs to go down to the minors and work on some things. He has been pressing.

Rogers was a decent mid-level prospect, but nothing significant.

Clockwork Orange
07-31-2006, 12:18 PM
Mets trade Xavier Nady to Pirates for Oliver Perez and Roberto Hernandez (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/07/31/monday.trades/index.html)

WABronco
07-31-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow...Dodgers were active today!

They acquire both Greg Maddux and Julio Lugo (???). They send Cesar Izturis to the Cubs and uber-prospect Joel Guzman (although he's fallen off recently) to the Rays.

WABronco
07-31-2006, 01:31 PM
Dave Littlefield got bent over today. He's selling LOW on Perez and he gave up Craig Wilson for perenial scrub Shawn Shacon.

WABronco
07-31-2006, 01:53 PM
Colorado traded Shealy and RHRP Scott Dohmann to the Royals for LHP Jeremy Affeldt and RHP Denny Bautista. (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060731&content_id=1585848&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col)

Not a bad haul...not bad at all. Affeldt has always had a high potential arm, and Bautista is a straight up fireballer. Hey, look at it this way, you probably won't have to deal with Ray King or Tom Martin for much longer.

Jori
07-31-2006, 02:02 PM
I for one am glad that D"OH"mann is gone, though I wish they could have dumped King.

Hogan11
07-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Mets trade Xavier Nady to Pirates for Oliver Perez and Roberto Hernandez (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/jon_heyman/07/31/monday.trades/index.html)

Pirates fan chiming in here...this is about the only move today by them I'm really happy with thus far. Oliver was a ephemeral pitcher for the Buccos....his velocity keeps declining, hopefully the Mets can do something with him. Hernandez will be solid for them in mid-relief/set-up.

I like this Nady...he's got some pop I understand...I know there are Met fans on here, tell me what my team got today.

Hogan11
07-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Colorado traded Shealy and RHRP Scott Dohmann to the Royals for LHP Jeremy Affeldt and RHP Denny Bautista. (http://colorado.rockies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060731&content_id=1585848&vkey=pr_col&fext=.jsp&c_id=col)

Not a bad haul...not bad at all. Affeldt has always had a high potential arm, and Bautista is a straight up fireballer. Hey, look at it this way, you probably won't have to deal with Ray King or Tom Martin for much longer.

Pirates were after Shealy hot and heavy...I was hoping he would be heading to PBurgh....alas, not to be :(

Hogan11
07-31-2006, 02:25 PM
Rogers was a decent mid-level prospect, but nothing significant.

Littlefield strikes again.....:(

WABronco
07-31-2006, 02:38 PM
Interesting...

Padres | Perez returning to team
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:52 -0700
ESPNews reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/64/mlb">San Diego Padres acquired SP Oliver Perez (http://www.kffl.com/player/6433/mlb) from the New York Mets (http://www.kffl.com/team/59/mlb) for RP Scott Linebrink (http://www.kffl.com/player/5050/mlb).

http://www.kffl.com/images/hot_sign.jpgMets | Linebrink acquired
Mon, 31 Jul 2006 13:27:37 -0700
ESPNews reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/59/mlb">New York Mets acquired RP Scott Linebrink (http://www.kffl.com/player/5050/mlb) from the San Diego Padres (http://www.kffl.com/team/64/mlb) for SP Oliver Perez (http://www.kffl.com/player/6433/mlb).

-----------------------------------

I guess it's a gamble worth taking. Linebrink was burning a hole in SD's pockets, and Perez was a nice arm for a while.

Hogan11
07-31-2006, 02:50 PM
Believe me, in the world of Oliver Perez...2004 was a lifetime ago.

Pendejo
07-31-2006, 04:34 PM
Pirates fan chiming in here...this is about the only move today by them I'm really happy with thus far. Oliver was a ephemeral pitcher for the Buccos....his velocity keeps declining, hopefully the Mets can do something with him. Hernandez will be solid for them in mid-relief/set-up.

I like this Nady...he's got some pop I understand...I know there are Met fans on here, tell me what my team got today.

As a Madres fan I've always liked Nady. He does have some power...he didn't get the AB's he needed to develop in SD. He's played his home games in two pitcher's parks (PetCo, and Shea) so moving into Pitt should help his power numbers. He's clearly not an upper echelon talent, but I don't think he's reached his potential yet.

When I heard that the Madres dealt Linebrink to bring Ollie Perez back home...I initially thought...what the fvck? But in recent trades the Madres have done well for themselves. I think I read somewhere that Kevin Towers always thought that Perez would be a relief guy...so I think we'll see him in the bully. Perhaps they'll give him a shot in the rotation...a scrapper like Clay Hensley gives them that leeway...and I guess the job that Cla Meredith has done this year made Linebrink somewhat expendable.

Pendejo
07-31-2006, 05:31 PM
I think the Linebrink/Perez deal is bunk. I did hear them announce it this afternoon on espn news, but according to every other site the Madres still have Linebrink.

From Sportsline.com

And the San Diego Padres got through the non-waiver trade deadline Monday without parting with any relievers -- specifically setup man Scott Linebrink -- which general manager Kevin Towers thinks could help the Padres repeat as NL West champions.

No mention of a Linebrink/Perez deal on madres.com either.

WABronco
07-31-2006, 05:33 PM
I think the Linebrink/Perez deal is bunk. I did hear them announce it this afternoon on espn news, but according to every other site the Madres still have Linebrink.

From Sportsline.com

And the San Diego Padres got through the non-waiver trade deadline Monday without parting with any relievers -- specifically setup man Scott Linebrink -- which general manager Kevin Towers thinks could help the Padres repeat as NL West champions.

No mention of a Linebrink/Perez deal on madres.com either.
Yea, that's what I'm reading as well.

Gcver2ver3
07-31-2006, 06:30 PM

You got a decent player in Nady.....

You're right he does have surprising power......

If Nady can play a whole seaon he'll threaten for 30 homers although about 25 is more likely.....

He has an average arm and average range in the outfield....he's got avg speed around the base paths too...

What annoys me most about Nady is the same reason why he hits a decent amount of homeruns...he swings for the fences on every at bat regardless of the circumstance...he NEVER bats for a base hit...he's going for the big fly ball...all or nothing...leaves him prone to strikeouts...but he typically is a fly ball out..so if he doesn't change this he'll never bat over .280 for a complete season...

With that said...Nady is a pretty good ball player...solid in most areas with a nice homerun swing...

Bob's your Information Minister
07-31-2006, 07:02 PM
Twins 14

Rangers 0

Jesus.

WABronco
07-31-2006, 07:04 PM
Twins 14

Rangers 0

Jesus.
Welcome...to...last...place...ha...ha...ha...

Crowpointer
07-31-2006, 07:30 PM
He DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 run Walk off HR to win the game . Big PAPI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JCMElway
07-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow.

Just wow.

David Ortiz is unbe-freaking-lievable. He just smashed ANOTHER walk-off homer. I might go so far as to say that he is to the Red Sox what John Elway was to Denver. He is the most clutch player I have seen in my lifetime in MLB.

Ortiz is very good in the first 7 innings, but when the pressure is on late in the game he is a GOD.

elsid13
07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
He DID IT AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 3 run Walk off HR to win the game . Big PAPI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MR MVP.

and Willie Mo is becoming a folk hero. To bad about about trot though

The Big E
07-31-2006, 08:13 PM
I knew we'd see you here after that. I'm really glad that I turned the game on and caught Big Papi doing it again. Unbelieveable. He's a guy that only a Yankee fan could hate.

Hogan11
07-31-2006, 08:14 PM
You got a decent player in Nady.....

You're right he does have surprising power......

If Nady can play a whole seaon he'll threaten for 30 homers although about 25 is more likely.....

He has an average arm and average range in the outfield....he's got avg speed around the base paths too...

What annoys me most about Nady is the same reason why he hits a decent amount of homeruns...he swings for the fences on every at bat regardless of the circumstance...he NEVER bats for a base hit...he's going for the big fly ball...all or nothing...leaves him prone to strikeouts...but he typically is a fly ball out..so if he doesn't change this he'll never bat over .280 for a complete season...

With that said...Nady is a pretty good ball player...solid in most areas with a nice homerun swing...

It's come to my attention that Nady has a broken bone in his wrist...even though he has hit .295 with 2 homeruns and 6 rbi's in the past 10 games with it....it still takes some luster off from the one decent trade the Pirates had made all day.

Littlefield confirmed that he's the very worst GM in MLB today (if there was any doubt left about that, that is) He rarely, if ever, gets fair value. I don't know what he has on McCheaply that got him that job in the first place.....but he should be fired immediately.

The Pirates will never improve as long as that goof is the GM....never.

Taco John
08-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok Fantasy gods out there....

We're fast approaching "The Dog Days of Summer," and in my home league, I've got a commanding lead. I'm up 15 points on everybody else in the league, and currently (though it's still early) leading my opponent for the week 16-3. In short, right now I'm dominating. The lastfour wins have been lopsided victories to the tune of 14-8, 18-7, 12-7, and 18-5.

But the playoffs are coming and I'm a little nervous because as good as my team has been, it only takes one game in the playoffs to make a great season into a disappointing one. So right now my concern is whether or not I have any "faders" on my team. So I'm hoping to get some opinions of what the veterans around here thought of my team in terms of a late season run. I don't want to lose any momentum, and definitely don't want any holes on my roster going into the playoffs...

Let me know what you think:

C - Piazza
1B - J. Morneau
2B - C. Utley
SS - J. Reyes
3B - J. Crede
OF - B. Abreu
OF - A. Jones
OF - J. Bay
Util - M. Texiera

Bench:
2B, 3B, SS - B. Hall
2B, SS - F. Lopez
1B, 2B, 3B, OF - M. Cuddyer

Pitching:
SP - R. Clemens
SP - A. Harang
SP - J. Lackey
RP - J. Papelbon
RP - A. Otsuka
RP - J. Borowski
P - J. Johnson

Depth:
J. Weaver
E. Bedard

What do you think? Can this team hold up through the stretch?

SouthStndJunkie
08-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Justin Verlander is line for a league leading 14th win right now.

Carlos Guillen hit for the cycle tonight.

Recently called up OF Brent Clevlen continued his impressive play tonight with his first two major league home runs.

Tigers 10-4 in the 9th.

Taco John
08-01-2006, 10:27 PM
Verlander got the win, but Guillen was the star of the game. A single, a double, a triple, and a home run... Not to mention a stolen base and 2 RBIs. What an incredible night for Carlos. He must feel like he owns the world tonight.

Pendejo
08-01-2006, 10:32 PM
Tonight had to be about the 5th time this season that Jake Peavy has given up two or fewer runs, and lost. What a tough year.

In the bottom of the ninth when Bellhorn came up to the plate with two outs...I was seriously hoping they'd call someone from the stands to pinch hit for him. Cripes.

Clockwork Orange
08-01-2006, 10:35 PM
Tonight had to be about the 5th time this season that Jake Peavy has given up two or fewer runs, and lost. What a tough year.

In the bottom of the ninth when Bellhorn came up to the plate with two outs...I was seriously hoping they'd call someone from the stands to pinch hit for him. Cripes.

You think you got it bad? The Rockies were down 1-0 going into the bottom of the 9th. Todd Helton led off the inning with a triple and ended up stranded there. That's right, no one could put the god damn ball in play. Torrealba struck out, Hawpe walked, Smith struck out, Freeman walked and Sullivan struck out. All they needed was to put the ****ing ball in play and not a damn one of these pungent Judy hitters could manage that.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a bit frustrated. :moody:

SouthStndJunkie
08-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Verlander got the win, but Guillen was the star of the game. A single, a double, a triple, and a home run... Not to mention a stolen base and 2 RBIs. What an incredible night for Carlos. He must feel like he owns the world tonight.

He is very underrated in my book. He is overshadowed by some of the big name shortstops in the league, but Carlos has been rock solid for the Tigers since he has been here.

He has been healthy this year (knock on wood) and that has been crucial as that usually sidetracks him at some point and time.

WABronco
08-01-2006, 10:45 PM
He is very underrated in my book. He is overshadowed by some of the big name shortstops in the league, but Carlos has been rock solid for the Tigers since he has been here.
...Yea, but we got Ramon Santiago. He was money during his time in Seattle. Wait, he's in Toledo now...nevermind.

*bang bang*

*dead*

Taco John
08-01-2006, 10:49 PM
Joe Crede had a hell of a night too... He was a triple away from hitting for cycle.

Pendejo
08-01-2006, 10:54 PM
You think you got it bad? The Rockies were down 1-0 going into the bottom of the 9th. Todd Helton led off the inning with a triple and ended up stranded there. That's right, no one could put the god damn ball in play. Torrealba struck out, Hawpe walked, Smith struck out, Freeman walked and Sullivan struck out. All they needed was to put the ****ing ball in play and not a damn one of these pungent Judy hitters could manage that.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a bit frustrated. :moody:

Similar. Mike Cameron led off the bottom of the first with a double, the next two batters grounded out, and piazza lined out. This is pretty typical for the Madres though...their bats run extremely hot and cold. Mark Bellhorn is pathetic though. He's a strikeout machine. With any justice he'll soon find himself with a case of the piles from riding the pine so long.

OrangeShadow
08-02-2006, 05:56 AM
losing tek for 4-6 weeks is possbily a season crippling blow. that and running jason johnson and david wells out there :cuss:

WABronco
08-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Todd Walker with a stellar debut at 3rd base tonight for the Pads. Bahahahaha...

24champ
08-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Dodgers win their 5th straight game.!Booya!

Team is clicking right now, Penny looked good. Ethier is still on a tear hitting above .300 as a rookie. I like Lugo and Betemit alot. Ned Colleti for GM of the year. ^5

Maddux makes his debut tommorow.

WABronco
08-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Dodgers win their 5th straight game.!Booya!

Team is clicking right now, Penny looked good. Ethier is still on a tear hitting above .300 as a rookie. I like Lugo and Betemit alot. Ned Colleti for GM of the year. ^5

Maddux makes his debut tommorow.
I thought he made some pretty good deals too until I read that Lugo is a FA. He traded a top 'spect like Guzman for a rental player...Julio Lugo for gosh sakes!

Although, I have been reading that Guzman's stock has plummeted recently and he's a malcontent, so maybe they just wanted to get rid of him. It's not like LA doesn't have another first base prospect either...James Loney is pretty darn good.

The Maddux deal was a bit of a ripoff though. Izturis was obviously a fan favorite, but the fact is he was a low OBP gloveman...the type of player the Cubs just love.

I was hoping that the M's would pick up Kenny Lofton...he woulda been a sweet pickup for the stretch run.

Pendejo
08-02-2006, 10:28 PM
Todd Walker with a stellar debut at 3rd base tonight for the Pads. Bahahahaha...

He threw the ball in the general direction of first base...let's give credit where it's due.

24champ
08-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I thought he made some pretty good deals too until I read that Lugo is a FA. He traded a top 'spect like Guzman for a rental player...Julio Lugo for gosh sakes!

Although, I have been reading that Guzman's stock has plummeted recently and he's a malcontent, so maybe they just wanted to get rid of him. It's not like LA doesn't have another first base prospect either...James Loney is pretty darn good.

The Maddux deal was a bit of a ripoff though. Izturis was obviously a fan favorite, but the fact is he was a low OBP gloveman...the type of player the Cubs just love.

I was hoping that the M's would pick up Kenny Lofton...he woulda been a sweet pickup for the stretch run.

Lugo is just a stop gap until Kent returns, I know that seems like giving up alot to rent a player for such a short time. The fact is Colleti wants to WIN now and he made moves to get us in the right track to the playoffs. He still kept the kids and did not trade alot of the kids like i saw according to some rumors. As for Guzman your right we had no room for the guy in the future. Plus we have Kemp, Loney etc coming up. Izzy Could not hit his weight so we dumped him because we are full of infielders so he was expendable. I like the deals Coletti made because the team is deep now and is ready to make a run for the playoffs.

As for who plays where when/if Nomar and Kent return, I'm not worried. We can play Stratego all day long and fill out the lineup card a dozen different ways, but the bottom line is this group of players on the 25-man roster are simply better than the players on the 25-man roster of a week ago. Grady Little's job may be a bit more interesting in the coming weeks, but composing the lineup is not a "problem," per se.

OrangeShadow
08-03-2006, 05:40 AM
well it wasnt papi tonight but a walkoffs a walkoff

Crowpointer
08-03-2006, 06:15 AM
well it wasnt papi tonight but a walkoffs a walkoff
What a weird finish . Carmona strikes out the first two and then hit batter , hit batter, walk , double. We'll take it Shadow.

Jens1893
08-03-2006, 06:21 AM
Is Bill B planing to start a career as a major league pitcher or what´s he doing there, Crow? ;)

OrangeShadow
08-03-2006, 07:00 AM
What a weird finish . Carmona strikes out the first two and then hit batter , hit batter, walk , double. We'll take it Shadow.

that shot by pena would of put a hole in the monster had it hit the wall that thing was an absoulte bullet

Crowpointer
08-03-2006, 07:08 AM
Is Bill B planing to start a career as a major league pitcher or what´s he doing there, Crow? ;)
That was taken during a recent practice where BB was pretty unhappy. I thought it was a Beaut

Taco John
08-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Bummer... Chase Utley went 0/5 tonight. What a great run.

Anyone notice that Teix is finally getting off? 4 HRs this week already!

Clockwork Orange
08-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Gots throw some love out there for my boy. Jeff Francis has been dealing lately. In his last four starts he's gone 7, 9, 7 & 8 innings and allowed a total of 5 ER. He dropped his ERA to 3.55 tonight which places him in the top 10 in the N.L.. He's also top 10 in BAA and WHIP. The kid is quietly having himself an outstanding season. ^5

WABronco
08-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Shameful display by Giants fans tonight. Just don't mess with their Barry...

Clockwork Orange
08-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Shameful display by Giants fans tonight. Just don't mess with their Barry...

**** him. That umpire had been ringing people on both teams up on questionable pitches all night. He seemed to be giving both pitchers an Eric Gregg playoff strike zone, so B*nds has no reason to cry about it.

My question is, where was Felipe Alou? Why wasn't he out there to protect his player? Everybody could see how heated it was getting between B*nds and the umpire, yet he didn't bother to leave the dugout until after B*rry was already ejected.

SouthStndJunkie
08-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Pudge just hit a walkoff HR with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Indians!

Clockwork Orange
08-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Rockies get another brilliant performance from Jennings, but he didn't get the win as the game went to extras. I'm sure he doesn't care much at the moment as the Rockies pulled out a 2-1 win in 11. The Rockies are now 7-1 in extra inning games this season.

The Rockies starters haven't walked a batter in the first two games of this series. I wonder if the whiners and conspiracy theorists (Jeff Cirillo qualifies as both) will start crying that the Rockies are bringing the humidor on the road with them. ::)

Taco John
08-05-2006, 09:32 PM
In fact, by being kept in a humidor before games to counteract the effects of Colorado's thin and dry air, they're the only baseballs in the game that exactly duplicate the standards of baseball manufacturers.

“How about foot-in-mouth?” said MLB executive Jimmie Lee Solomon, asked if the complaints of the A's were made tongue-in-cheek. “I don't know why people would say things without knowing the facts. (The Rockies) have balls stored at Rawlings' suggested storage level of 70 degrees and 50 percent humidity. It's the same levels that Rawlings stores the balls at its plant in Missouri.
“I think this is the wave of the future. We will talk about (putting humidors in other parks) at our major league operations meetings. I think the Rockies are ahead of the times.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/baseball/20060625-9999-1s25bbhorn.html

Clockwork Orange
08-05-2006, 09:36 PM
In fact, by being kept in a humidor before games to counteract the effects of Colorado's thin and dry air, they're the only baseballs in the game that exactly duplicate the standards of baseball manufacturers.

“How about foot-in-mouth?” said MLB executive Jimmie Lee Solomon, asked if the complaints of the A's were made tongue-in-cheek. “I don't know why people would say things without knowing the facts. (The Rockies) have balls stored at Rawlings' suggested storage level of 70 degrees and 50 percent humidity. It's the same levels that Rawlings stores the balls at its plant in Missouri.
“I think this is the wave of the future. We will talk about (putting humidors in other parks) at our major league operations meetings. I think the Rockies are ahead of the times.”

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/baseball/20060625-9999-1s25bbhorn.html

Not to mention the fact that the Rockies have been using the humidor since 2002. Now that they've got some decent pitchers throwing those baseballs, people are making excuses and crying about it. Pretty weak.

Pendejo
08-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Not to mention the fact that the Rockies have been using the humidor since 2002. Now that they've got some decent pitchers throwing those baseballs, people are making excuses and crying about it. Pretty weak.

I couldn't care less if the Rockies were soaking the balls in pudding before the games. They all play with the same balls. To me making the balls heavier is no different than muddying up the dirt around home plate, or trimming the infield grass to different lengths depending on who you're playing. It's part of baseball.

It's another non-story being perpetuated by the non-story factory that is ESPN. It's silly.

Breck Bronc
08-06-2006, 12:37 AM
It's funny that most non-Colorado players, fans and media complained about the high scoring at Coors Field (Jim Rome calling it Williamsport and others Coors Lite) between 1995 and 2005. Now that it's playing like a neutral ballpark many non-Colorado players, fans and media are still complaing about Coors Field.

I guess it goes back to the fact that Americans love to complain.

JCMElway
08-06-2006, 12:43 AM
The Detroit Tigers are currently 2 games ahead of the pace set by the 1984 championship Tiger team and they are 8 games in first place. I never thought I'd ask the question this year, but......

BUY or SELL:

The Detroit Tigers getting to the World Series? How about winning the WS in 2006?

OrangeShadow
08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
they've struggled in matchups vs NY and boston so i dont know if you can put im there yet

Killericon
08-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Buy.

Only because if I had to pick one; It'd be them.

Anyone think there's any hope at all for the Blue Jays?

No?

Not even a dwindling, fading distant light?

Damn.

Pendejo
08-06-2006, 01:08 PM
It's funny that most non-Colorado players, fans and media complained about the high scoring at Coors Field (Jim Rome calling it Williamsport and others Coors Lite) between 1995 and 2005. Now that it's playing like a neutral ballpark many non-Colorado players, fans and media are still complaing about Coors Field.

You forgot Coors Canaveral.

The most complaining I've heard about a single park in the past few years came from Phil Nevin about PetCo. He was constantly whining that the park was too big. What's funny is legit sluggers have no problem with the dimensions. In a classic tirade he hit a typical Nevin Bomb...you know a fly ball that dies about 3 steps IN FRONT of the warning track. He stood on first base staring up a the G.M.'s box...and subsequently got his sh!t handed to him after the game by K.T. in Bochy's office. Thank gawd that punce is gone. Ryan Klesko was a close second with his helmet slamming and propensity for letting F bombs fly after a routine pop out.

Back on topic...Coors Field is fine. It was fine before they started humidifying the balls...it's fine now. Who the fvck cares was Jeff Cirillo thinks anyway...besides ESPN of course. I personally thought the football like scores that used be put up there on a semi-regular basis were fun. Pitching duels are great, but every once in awhile I like the surge of offense.

broncosteven
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
White sox win another series over weekend. Tigers were losing 2 of 3 games late when Clevelands closer blows Friday & Saturday nights Saves & instead of picking up a game on Tigers they end up losing ground!

Oh well keep winning series & they will win the wildcard & have a chance to knock Tigers out of playoffs...

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM
My Tigers are now 40 games over .500 at 76-36 after beating the Twins tonight.

Bronco Billy
08-07-2006, 09:28 PM
White sox win another series over weekend. Tigers were losing 2 of 3 games late when Clevelands closer blows Friday & Saturday nights Saves & instead of picking up a game on Tigers they end up losing ground!

Oh well keep winning series & they will win the wildcard & have a chance to knock Tigers out of playoffs...

If the Sox win another, it'll have to be from a wild card berth. Detroit has been on fire all year. Assuming the Tigers slow down and go .500 the rest of the way, the Sox will still have to go 37-15 to win the division.

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
The White Sox better watch out or they may miss the playoffs entirely.

-Slap-
08-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Nobody loves to complain more than I, but I'm thrilled to see Coors playing like a neutral ballpark now.

JCMElway
08-07-2006, 10:08 PM
My Tigers are now 40 games over .500 at 76-36 after beating the Twins tonight.

I didn't know you were a Tiger fan! I lived in Michigan for most of my life. How did you get to be a fan of the Tiggers?

SouthStndJunkie
08-07-2006, 10:19 PM
I didn't know you were a Tiger fan! I lived in Michigan for most of my life. How did you get to be a fan of the Tiggers?

I grew up in NW Ohio, only 45 minutes from Detroit. A few years back I moved back to the area. Where did you live in Michigan?

24champ
08-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Go Dodgers! 10 In a row !Booya!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img8540904.jpg

JCMElway
08-07-2006, 10:38 PM
I grew up in NW Ohio, only 45 minutes from Detroit. A few years back I moved back to the area. Where did you live in Michigan?

I lived in Grand Rapids, western side of the state.

BroncoMatt
08-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Go Dodgers! 10 In a row !Booya!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img8540904.jpg

11 now. On a freaking tear

BroncoMatt
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
SD lost tonight in NY

A win over teh Rox tonight puts LA in first place in the west

Pendejo
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah the madres finished the first half strong, but have faded since the break. Two tough losses in a row to the Mets.

Clockwork Orange
08-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Jeff Francis with yet another strong performance. You can just see his confidence growing.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Great game tonight for the Rox

Jori
08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Hopefully Hawpe is starting to break out....somebody on this team needs to. I hate that this sh***y offense is wasting all of this great pitching.

Clockwork Orange
08-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Manuel Corpas continues to shine, but Hurdle still doesn't trust him enough. The kid has inherited 10 runners in his brief major league career and none of them have scored. He hasn't allowed a run since his debut, but he's still only being utilized in short stretches. Seems ridiculous to me, he's been the Rockies best reliever since he came up, but Hurdle has this love affair with Joe Table and Ray "Burger" King.

Case and point, Hurdle goes to Corpas in the top of the eighth and he strikes out Jeff Kent. Hurdle immediatly pulls him to go get King......who abruptly gives up a home run to break the tie. I could weep.

Let the kid pitch, Hurdle, you dumb ****. :moody: