PDA

View Full Version : Major League Baseball thread: Regular Season time is HERE!!!!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

WABronco
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Man, what is up with this crappy A's stadium? Do all stadiums have this much foul territory? I don't remember seeing so many foul balls run down in a game.
Pretty much the whole Oakland thing sucks, to be honest with you. Their stadium must have the most foul territory in MLB history...it has to.

I honestly get depressed watching games in Oakland. Not just because Seattle always gets destroyed, but the atmosphere just gets me down. Don't ask...lol.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Why did I draft him so early for what he's producing... :cuss:

Eh, he's producing about the same as last year, minus the home runs.

-Slap-
06-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Eh, he's producing about the same as last year, minus the home runs.
He's on pace to score about 30 fewer runs and hit 15 fewer homers.

06-15-2006, 12:20 AM
He's on pace to score about 30 fewer runs and hit 15 fewer homers.
The runs are probably because he's not hitting leadoff. I don't know why his power numbers are down. Probably something to do with Gary Matthews getting on base ahead of him so much, so he's not getting as many good pitches to hit.

He does have a sh!tload of doubles.

WABronco
06-15-2006, 11:49 AM
White Sox rookie pitcher Sean Tracey got into hot water with his manager Ozzie Guillen -- for getting an out.

Tracey was summoned to start the seventh inning and got Hank Blalock to ground out, but getting an out might not have been the reason Tracey was brought into the game. White Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski was hit by two pitches in the game and a source told the Chicago Sun-Times that Tracey was told to hit Blalock as retaliation. Tracey threw two inside pitches to Blalock before getting him to ground out.

After getting the out, Tracey was removed from the game. Guillen slammed a water bottle to the ground when Blalock grounded out and the manager then brought Agustin Montero in to pitch. Guillen was then seen in the dugout barking at Tracey, who pulled the collar of his jersey over his head.

Guillen didn't address why he screamed at Tracey and had a different explanation why he took the rookie out of the game.

"I tried to get Montero ready [to face Blalock] and wasn't able to. It was a little late," Guillen explained. "It was my mistake. I didn't get him up quick enough. I didn't want Tracey in that situation."

Tracey refused comment.

"Ozzie went nuts," one source told the Sun-Times.

Tracey was demoted to Triple-A on Thursday after the White Sox acquired reliever David Riske from the Red Sox in exchange for minor league reliever Javier Lopez.

Pierzynski was hit by pitches his first two at-bats, prompting home plate umpire Phil Cuzzi to issue warnings to both benches in the fourth.

"I don't know what the deal was. He had pretty good control and then he runs two first pitches in on me," Pierzynski said. `Why did he do it? You're going to have to ask him. I faced him maybe two times in the National League."

Vicente Padilla didn't comment after the game.

F ozzie guillen. Someone needs to bitchslap this guy and let some air out of that bighead of his.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Tracey clearly tried to plunk Blalock twice.

Clockwork Orange
06-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Time to get this back to the front page, and nothing makes for a good bump like a trade rumor.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5678866?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

Everybody wants Carl

The Devil Rays won't be inclined to trade left fielder Carl Crawford unless they receive a killer offer, but that day might not be far off. The Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, White Sox and Rockies are among the clubs that view Crawford as a terrific fit.

The Rockies, a team that could offer the Devil Rays a combination of corner infielders and power arms, would want Crawford to move to center, a position he has played sparingly in the majors. The White Sox probably would prefer Crawford in center as well.

Angels right-hander Ervin Santana for Crawford? The Rays likely would balk; a star position player contributes more than a star pitcher. Santana, while gifted, must demonstrate consistency over a full season.
---------------------

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Crawford in a Rox uniform. :yep:

-Slap-
06-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Time to get this back to the front page, and nothing makes for a good bump like a trade rumor.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5678866?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

Everybody wants Carl

The Devil Rays won't be inclined to trade left fielder Carl Crawford unless they receive a killer offer, but that day might not be far off. The Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, White Sox and Rockies are among the clubs that view Crawford as a terrific fit.

The Rockies, a team that could offer the Devil Rays a combination of corner infielders and power arms, would want Crawford to move to center, a position he has played sparingly in the majors. The White Sox probably would prefer Crawford in center as well.

Angels right-hander Ervin Santana for Crawford? The Rays likely would balk; a star position player contributes more than a star pitcher. Santana, while gifted, must demonstrate consistency over a full season.
---------------------

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Crawford in a Rox uniform. :yep:
The Devil Rays have traditionally had a lot of trouble getting deals done. Maybe things have changed under new ownership/management, but the Rays have always drastically overvalued even their mediocre prospects. I can only imagine what they're trying to extort for a budding superstar like Crawford.

Clockwork Orange
06-18-2006, 12:07 AM
The Devil Rays have traditionally had a lot of trouble getting deals done. Maybe things have changed under new ownership/management, but the Rays have always drastically overvalued even their mediocre prospects. I can only imagine what they're trying to extort for a budding superstar like Crawford.

He's can run like a deer, which means that the Rockies interest in him is likely either minimal or fabricated.

Pendejo
06-18-2006, 12:30 AM
He's can run like a deer, which means that the Rockies interest in him is likely either minimal or fabricated.

I've wanted Carl Crawford in a Madres uniform for a couple of years now. He can run...hits around .300 every year, and has some good pop in his bat. He's the perfect outfielder for Petco park. Unfortunately the Madres don't really enough talent to get a deal done. He makes their park look small.

OrangeShadow
06-18-2006, 04:17 AM
nice to see beckett have a nice outing. and papelbon is, well papelbon

SouthStndJunkie
06-18-2006, 01:34 PM
My Tigers are smoking the Cubs again today.....12-2 in the 8th.

The Tigers have 8 HRs so far in this game, tying a club record.

-Slap-
06-18-2006, 01:38 PM
My Tigers are smoking the Cubs again today.....12-2 in the 8th.

The Tigers have 8 HRs so far in this game, tying a club record.
Prior got destroyed in his first start of the season. He gave up a leadoff bomb to Granderson, then two more homers in the first inning, then they chased him with another homer in the fourth.

-Slap-
06-18-2006, 10:17 PM
I just acquired ARod in another league. I sent away Morgan Ensberg and Johnny Damon, who are playing hurt, and Justin Verlander.

I'm getting back ARod and Ian Snell, who will promptly be released.

I'm paying almost full price for Rodriguez, but his track record more than justifies my confidence in him.

OrangeShadow
06-19-2006, 05:01 AM
man the sox O bailed out seanez. Papelbon another ho hum save.

Clockwork Orange
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Delmon Young returns from his 50 game suspension. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2491752)

Clockwork Orange
06-19-2006, 08:51 PM
Rockies end the A's 10 game winning streak with a 7-0 win.

Slap, you'll be glad to hear that Matt Holliday went 3-4 with a HR & 2 RBI's. !Booya!

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Delmon Young returns from his 50 game suspension. (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2491752)

That went quickly.....it seemed like it happened just a few weeks ago.

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2006, 09:05 PM
A must read:

http://thewvsr.com/allamericanboy.htm

Clockwork Orange
06-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Jason Jennings pitched 7 innings of 1 hit ball as the Rockies shut out the A's for the 2nd straight night, 6-0. Martin & Fuentes retired Oakland in order in the 8th & 9th to finish off the first one-hitter in Rockies history.

The only hit of the game was a ball that should have been caught but popped out of the glove of Brad Hawpe.

-Slap-
06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Lot's of near No No's lately. We're going to see one soon.

Rascal
06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Woot!!! Good back to back games by the rockies!!

SouthStndJunkie
06-20-2006, 09:23 PM
My Tigers kicked some butt again. 10-1 over the Brewers.

Zach Miner is kicking some butt in filling in Maroth's spot in the rotation.

3-1 with a 2.08 ERA so far.

Maggs went yard twice and Pudge and Monroe went yard as well tonight.

OrangeShadow
06-21-2006, 05:21 AM
finally some run support for wake.

-Slap-
06-21-2006, 05:55 AM
Nine wins in a row for Florida. Most of that young talent they promoted is playing very well.

broncosteven
06-21-2006, 11:03 AM
White Sox put up 20 runs on Cards & still are 2 games back of freaking Ligers in division. We have to play the tough interleage teams & they get the scrubs like Cubs & Brewers! I am glad to see Sox handle the tough teams & keep pace though!

Clockwork Orange
06-21-2006, 09:03 PM
I like this Rockies team, I like their scrappy, blue-collar attitude, but Clint Hurdle is a ****ing waste of space. I swear to Christ, he fills out the lineup card and then spends the rest of the game pacing up and down the dugout bouncing a baseball off the concrete. Sometimes I wonder if he even watches the games.

And they gave him a contract extension. I could weep.

One other thing, I like Jamey Carroll more and more with each passing game.

Clockwork Orange
06-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Now in the 11th inning, he uses Brad Hawpe as a pinch runner instead of Omar Quintanilla. Nice, don't use the fast guy as a pinch runner. Much better to use the slower guy who happens to be the best bat you've got on the bench. ****ing Hurdle.

Poor Aaron Cook. The guy is 5th in the NL in least run support and it happened again tonight. 8 innings, 1 ER, 4 H, 1 BB, 5 K and he gets a no decision. But then lifting him from the game was another moronic decision from Hurdle. He'd thrown only 95 pitches through 8 innings and was coasting along. Hurdle decided that was enough and went to Fuentes, who immediatly gave up a bomb to Swisher to tie the game.

**** you Hurdle.

Hotwheelz
06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
How about them Padres.

Going for the sweep!!!

!Booya! !Booya! !Booya!

06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
How about them Padres.

Going for the sweep!!!

!Booya! !Booya! !Booya!

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That call last night on Teixeira's AB was PURE BULL****.

I still can't believe we traded Chris Young.

-Slap-
06-21-2006, 10:44 PM
Teixeira needs to un**** himself. I thought it was a joke when he only had six HR at the end of May and the goddamn mongoloid SOB still has six HR.

Hotwheelz
06-21-2006, 10:52 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

That call last night on Teixeira's AB was PURE BULL****.

I still can't believe we traded Chris Young.

Don't forget Gonzo, who's having a better year than Teixeira.:~ohyah!:

06-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Don't forget Gonzo, who's having a better year than Teixeira.:~ohyah!:

.277 and 39 RBI > .275 and 27 RBI

His OBP is 40 pts higher, too.

Hotwheelz
06-21-2006, 11:30 PM
.277 and 39 RBI > .275 and 27 RBI

His OBP is 40 pts higher, too.

10 HRs > 6 HRs

AGs glove > MTs glove

Also, he's been white hot since moving to #5.

Don't forget where MT plays 50% of his games compared to where AG plays.

:thanku:

06-21-2006, 11:41 PM
10 HRs > 6 HRs

AGs glove > MTs glove

I don't really care about home runs. He's got more RBIs, that's what counts.

And there's no way his glove is better.

Hotwheelz
06-22-2006, 12:02 AM
I don't really care about home runs. He's got more RBIs, that's what counts.

And there's no way his glove is better.

Conviniently leaving out where they play.

I'll concede the RBI's argument.

Let's compare gloves ok?

AG:

GP GS INN TC PO A E DP FPCT RF ZR
65 60 541 521 484 36 1 34 .998 8.66 .862

MT:

70 70 618 680 636 43 1 69 .999 9.89 .825

GP: Games Played GS: Games Started INN: Innings TC: Total Chances PO: Putouts A: Assists E: Errors DP: Double plays FPCT: Fielding Pct.((PO + A) divided by (PO + A + E)) RF: Range Factor ((PO + A) * 9 divided by innings) ZR: Zone rating. The percentage of balls fielded by a player in his typical defensive "zone," as measured by STATS, Inc.

06-22-2006, 12:05 AM
Conviniently leaving out where they play.

I'll concede the RBI's argument.

Let's compare gloves ok?

AG:

65 60 541 521 484 36 1 34 .998 8.66 .862

MT:

70 70 618 680 636 43 1 69 .999 9.89 .825

GP: Games Played GS: Games Started INN: Innings TC: Total Chances PO: Putouts A: Assists E: Errors DP: Double plays FPCT: Fielding Pct.((PO + A) divided by (PO + A + E)) RF: Range Factor ((PO + A) * 9 divided by innings) ZR: Zone rating. The percentage of balls fielded by a player in his typical defensive "zone," as measured by STATS, Inc.

Tex wins.

Hotwheelz
06-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Tex wins.

Yep, you were right. But they're somewhat comparable.
:)

OrangeShadow
06-22-2006, 03:17 AM
man lester looked good last night. 10 ks only 1 earned run

Crowpointer
06-22-2006, 06:08 AM
man lester looked good last night. 10 ks only 1 earned run
Pedro takes the mound here next week along with the reunion of the the 86 team . No word yet whether Bill Buckner will show up. Let's hope so, he was a great player and I bet he gets a huge standing ovation.

-Slap-
06-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Pedro takes the mound here next week along with the reunion of the the 86 team . No word yet whether Bill Buckner will show up. Let's hope so, he was a great player and I bet he gets a huge standing ovation.
Yeah, now that the Curse is broken, all is forgiven. Hopefully Buckner will just forget all about getting run out of town.

Clockwork Orange
06-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Phillies pitcher Brett Myers charged with assaulting his wife (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2497723)

BOSTON -- Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Brett Myers was arrested Friday and charged with hitting his wife in the face on a street not far from Fenway Park.

Myers, who was scheduled to pitch Saturday against the Red Sox, pleaded not guilty to assault charges at his arraignment Friday in Boston Municipal Court, said David Procopio, a spokesman for the Suffolk County District Attorney's office. Myers' next court date is Aug. 4.

Myers was arguing with his wife shortly after midnight at the corner of Boylston and Dalton streets, Procopio said. The woman and two witnesses told police the 25-year-old pitcher hit her. One witness told investigators Myers also pulled her hair.

"The evidence at this point leads us to believe the victim was struck in the left side of her face," Procopio said. He added that investigators are trying to determine if Myers hit her with a fist or open hand and whether he hit her more than once.

Police responded to a 911 call and found Myers' wife crying with a swollen face, Procopio said. Officers found Myers nearby and arrested him. Myers was booked by Boston police and his wife posted his $200 bail. Procopio did not know how long Myers spent in jail.

Procopio said he would not identify Myers' wife because she is a domestic violence victim. A player biography on Major League Baseball's Web site says Myers married Kim Wickman in September 2002 and the couple has a 3-year-old daughter.

"Out of respect for the privacy of both Kim and Brett Myers, the Phillies will not comment on this incident until the matter is resolved by the Court," the team said in a statement.

The team added that Myers will pitch, as scheduled, Saturday afternoon against Boston.

As part of his bail conditions, Myers must not initiate contact with his wife and can see her only if she wants to see him. The judge also ruled that if Myers is arrested again while out on bail he can be jailed for up to two months.

Myers, 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, made his debut with the Phillies in July 2002. This season, he is 5-3 with a 3.77 ERA.

WABronco
06-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Douche bag...

Breck Bronc
06-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Phillies pitcher Brett Myers charged with assaulting his wife (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2497723)

BOSTON -- Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Brett Myers was arrested Friday and charged with hitting his wife in the face on a street not far from Fenway Park. I believe Myers was a boxer in high school or something. What a piece of ****, punching his wife in the face.

06-23-2006, 05:00 PM
You Rockies fans ready for some bombs? Texas is in town tonight.

WABronco
06-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Yo bob...who looks better at the plate, DeRosa or Kinsler?

Clockwork Orange
06-23-2006, 05:11 PM

We'll see. Oakland came in with a 10 game winning streak and left having scored a total of 3 runs in 3 games.

The power of the humidor and a few quality starters.:thumbsup:

06-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Yo bob...who looks better at the plate, DeRosa or Kinsler?

DeRosa. Kinsler has dropped off a bit recently.

06-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Tie Game You Bitches!

06-23-2006, 07:51 PM
Booyeah!

06-23-2006, 08:06 PM
boom!

SouthStndJunkie
06-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Pujols had a great game today against my Tigers (4-4 with a HR), but not good enough for the Cardinals to avoid a butt whooping by the good guys. 10-6

Slap.....Granderson had a lead off homer and added a double later on. 2 runs and 2 RBIs. Dude is clutch.

Gcver2ver3
06-23-2006, 08:07 PM
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/images/fan_forum/y2005/wp_wright_1280x1024.jpg

nuff said......

06-23-2006, 08:08 PM
Back to back HRs by Teixeira and Blalock.

BOOM!

06-23-2006, 08:34 PM
One hell of a double play.

OrangeShadow
06-24-2006, 03:19 PM
Woooo Papi Does It Again
You Cant Get Sloppy With Big Papi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Robinson Tejada's worthless ass gives up six runs in the first inning of the Rockies game...and immediately there's a rain delay. Looks like a blessing in disguise for Rangers fans. :rofl:

Clockwork Orange
06-24-2006, 05:50 PM
How sad is it that there's a greater uproar over Ozzie Guillen calling Jay Mariotti a fag than there is over Brett Myers assaulting his wife? :nono:

06-24-2006, 06:04 PM
How sad is it that there's a greater uproar over Ozzie Guillen calling Jay Mariotti a fag than there is over Brett Myers assaulting his wife? :nono:

Brett Myers is white. /GonzoLays

Pendejo
06-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Brett Myers is white. /GonzoLays

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Taco John
06-24-2006, 09:58 PM
Teix with two home runs in two days... Is his bat finally waking up?

Taco John
06-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I've been watching the Angels/Diamondbacks game all night, and the only thing that I can think about most of the game is how awful it was for the Angels to have to send Jared Weaver down to the minors to accommodate Fatrolo Colon.

-Slap-
06-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Teix with two home runs in two days... Is his bat finally waking up?
Yes. The long nightmare is over. Michael Young is getting hot, too. I'm trying to trade for him in one of my leagues right now.

Taco John
06-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Yeah? What are you offering?

Taco John
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Wow... Angels/Dbacks game is at the top of the 13th..

Taco John
06-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Angels win...

WABronco
06-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Angels win...
Screw the Angels!

WABronco
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
I've been watching the Angels/Diamondbacks game all night, and the only thing that I can think about most of the game is how awful it was for the Angels to have to send Jared Weaver down to the minors to accommodate Fatrolo Colon.
Hey...at least they didn't sign Jeff Weaver to a multiyear deal. There's a lot of rumors that Anaheim will deal Ervin Santana for an impact bat (Tejada, Crawford, etc), so I'd expect little Weaver to return soon enough.

WABronco
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Amen...

WABronco
06-24-2006, 10:59 PM
Kenji Johjima picks up 2 jacks and 4 rbi's in tonight's San Diego slugfest!

And JJ Putz is the best closer that no one...and I mean no one, knows about. Did ya'll see him K Barry Bonds like he was some bum off the street? He struck his ass OUT!

Taco John
06-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Kenji Johjima picks up 2 jacks and 4 rbi's in tonight's San Diego slugfest!

And JJ Putz is the best closer that no one...and I mean no one, knows about. Did ya'll see him K Barry Bonds like he was some bum off the street? He struck his ass OUT!

Man that was intense. What a way to end the game, huh?

-Slap-
06-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah? What are you offering?
I'm sending:
Chad Tracy
Chris Ray
Curtis Granderson

I'm getting back:
Michael Young
John Patterson
Ian Kinsler

I'll cut Kinsler the second the trade clears and pick Florida OF Jeremy Hermida up as a free agent.

It still has to clear the trade desk and there three objections already, so we'll see what happens.

-Slap-
06-25-2006, 08:51 AM
BarrySucks.com (http://www.barrysucks.com/)

Play the Steroid Invaders game. Its great.

http://www.barrysucks.com/images/funny_farm/Barrysyringe.jpg

WABronco
06-25-2006, 10:01 AM
Man that was intense. What a way to end the game, huh?
Guardado is such a bum. He's having these clubhouse meltdowns...and yet he's the one who sucks right now.

BUt yea, JJ was just toying with them. "Watch this suckas!"

OrangeShadow
06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
i think the sox are nearing the record for rain outs in a season

WABronco
06-25-2006, 05:20 PM
i think the sox are nearing the record for rain outs in a season
No kidding...

Get a roof you freaks!:rofl: (that's a joke)

I was surprised to find out (for the first time) this year that there was actually a heated debate about whether or not to put a roof on Safeco Field......in Seattle....morons....

Gcver2ver3
06-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Mets take 2 of 3 from the Blue Jays....another series victory...

Now for our biggest test....

Road trips to the Red Sox and Yanks back to back....

Let's do it fellas.....

http://www.dailyrecord.com/_photos/sports/072305E1mets.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/05/13/freeagent.booms/Beltran.jpg

Taco John
06-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Red Sox / Phillies going into extra innings... 6-6 top of the 10th.

Taco John
06-26-2006, 03:04 PM
Wow this is an incredible game...

Taco John
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Two outs, bottom of the 12... 7-7 and Big Papi waits on deck.

Taco John
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Loretta walks.... Ortiz up to the plate. They're going to load the bases and put the game on Manny... They're talking it over at the mound.

Taco John
06-26-2006, 03:08 PM
They're pitching to Ortiz.

Taco John
06-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Big Papi with a walkoff hit!

What a stud.

PatsWin2002
06-26-2006, 03:10 PM
David Ortiz does it again! Best clutch hitter EVER.

OrangeShadow
06-26-2006, 03:12 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth!!!

you cant get sloppy with big papi!!!!!!

-Slap-
06-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Red Sox / Phillies going into extra innings... 6-6 top of the 10th.
WTF is Rudy Seanez doing in the major leagues?

PatsWin2002
06-26-2006, 05:47 PM

OK, I give up.......

Raising home run totals? ??? !Booya!

Gcver2ver3
06-26-2006, 05:54 PM

is he ready for them metropolitans?

WABronco
06-26-2006, 06:35 PM
LOL!

He was actually pretty freakin' good last year in SD. This time last year he was mowing down Seattle with that nasty splitter he has.

OrangeShadow
06-26-2006, 07:55 PM
is he ready for them metropolitans?
petey vs beckett is gonna be SICK

Gcver2ver3
06-26-2006, 08:03 PM
petey vs beckett is gonna be SICK

great match up!

-Slap-
06-26-2006, 10:41 PM
It looks like Jeremy Hermida is starting to get his act together: 17-for-40 (.425) over the past 11 games.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050831/FLA_hermida27_83594.jpg

The Marlins have a real nice collection of young talent and Hermida might be the best of the bunch. If he's still unowned in any roto or fantasy leagues, I definitely recommend picking him up.

WABronco
06-26-2006, 11:31 PM
It looks like Jeremy Hermida is starting to get his act together: 17-for-40 (.425) over the past 11 games.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050831/FLA_hermida27_83594.jpg

The Marlins have a real nice collection of young talent and Hermida might be the best of the bunch. If he's still unowned in any roto or fantasy leagues, I definitely recommend picking him up.
Yea...I just dropped Francouer for him. May seem stupid now, but I've currently got a full OF with Ichiro, Baldelli, and Granderson...plus I have the UTIL spot filled with Jose Lopez. I like Hermida's potential compared to Francouer's .240 avg and inconsistency.

Besides, I can't go more than a few weeks without tweaking something on my squad...:giggle:

Taco John
06-26-2006, 11:41 PM
Besides, I can't go more than a few weeks without tweaking something on my squad...:giggle:

Ah... The Taco John Fantasy League disease. I'm very familiar with it.

-Slap-
06-26-2006, 11:44 PM
Ah... The Taco John Fantasy League disease. I'm very familiar with it.
The cure for overmanaging is multiple teams.

WABronco
06-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Maybe next year...:approve:

I'm on a tear right now though...I'm not stupid enough to overhaul my roster mid-season.

Taco John
06-26-2006, 11:50 PM

Sounds like I've found myself trapped in one hell of a downward spiral. ROFL!

But now you've sparked my curiosity. What players do you find the most common on your several teams?

I have two teams, and right now I find myself with the following overlapping players:

David Ross
Felipe Lopez
Eric Bedard
Joe Borowski
Roger Clemens

I'm not sure this is a good thing...

Clockwork Orange
06-26-2006, 11:51 PM

Is that how you rationalize it, junky? ;D

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 12:11 AM
Sounds like I've found myself trapped in one hell of a downward spiral. ROFL!

But now you've sparked my curiosity. What players do you find the most common on your several teams?

I have two teams, and right now I find myself with the following overlapping players:

David Ross
Felipe Lopez
Eric Bedard
Joe Borowski
Roger Clemens

Well, I drafted Rich Harden and Felix Hernandez on just about every team. That hasn't worked out like I expected, but most of the players I drafted on multiple teams have panned out exactly like I hoped:

Rickie Weeks 2B - 8th-9th round
Ramon Hernandez C - 10th-12th round
Prince Fielder 1B - 15th-20th round
Curtis Granderson OF - 15th-20th round
Aaron Harang SP - 20th-22nd round

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 12:13 AM
Is that how you rationalize it, junky? ;D
The fat check from CBS will do that.......:)

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 12:16 AM

David Ross
Felipe Lopez
Eric Bedard
Joe Borowski
Roger Clemens

I'm not high on Bedard and Ross figures to come back down to earth, but I like the other three guys a lot heading forward, even JoeBo.

Taco John
06-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Eric Bedard is sort of a guess after reading a couple of fantasy pimp him a bit. He was available in both leagues, and I had pitchers I was unhappy with, so I figured, what the hell...

JoeBo was a research pick. I needed another closer after Baez lost the job, and finally secured a guy who is looking pretty good. I liked him so much that I made room for him on my other team.

I just don't know what to think about David Ross.

Felipe Lopez is driving me nuts right now... I'm hoping to see a little more consistency out of him.

And Roger is Roger. Glad to have him on the team(s).

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Well, I drafted Rich Harden and Felix Hernandez on just about every team. That hasn't worked out like I expected, but most of the players I drafted on multiple teams have panned out exactly like I hoped:

Rickie Weeks 2B - 8th-9th round
Ramon Hernandez C - 10th-12th round
Prince Fielder 1B - 15th-20th round
Curtis Granderson OF - 15th-20th round
Aaron Harang SP - 20th-22nd round
I can't I believe I forgot to mention Francisco Liriano. That kid is going make me some money this year.......:)

http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/images/2005/07/06/UnsoXCwP.jpg

The young man has been nothing short of brilliant. He's handcuffing the Dodgers right now.

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Man, the goddamn Mariners are ****ting on Brandon Webb's head right now.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
Man, the goddamn Mariners are ****ting on Brandon Webb's head right now.
Hahahahahaha...

Jose Lopez is the best 2b in the AL right now...and with Cano going on the DL it should be Iguchi/Lopez in the All Star game.

Kenji's on a nice streak right now too.

It's weird...we've only lost once against the NL. Many think it's no coincidence either (Carl Everett blows ass).

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 07:10 PM
This game's far from over.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 07:11 PM
This game's far from over.
F'in Washburn and his extreme mediocrity...

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 07:14 PM
F'in Washburn and his extreme mediocrity...

extreme mediocrity

That's a great turn of phrase. A bit of an oxymoron perhaps, but quite humorous.......:)

Clockwork Orange
06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
Man, Todd Helton has really found his stroke lately.

Unfortunately, Aaron Cook is on the mound tonight, which means that the Rockies are destined to score two runs or less in support of him. :nono:

SouthStndJunkie
06-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Clemens once again got no run support. 4-0 Tigers. Clemens only gave up 1 earned run though.

Clemens is probably my favorite non-Tiger ball player. He should have signed with the Red Sox instead of the Astros.

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Clemens once again got no run support. 4-0 Tigers. Clemens only gave up 1 earned run though.

Clemens is probably my favorite non-Tiger ball player. He should have signed with the Red Sox instead of the Astros.
Tigers are looking like the best team in baseball right now. Zumaya throws utter filth. They need to make him the closer or put him in the rotation next year.

Bronco Billy
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Tigers are looking like the best team in baseball right now. Zumaya throws utter filth. They need to make him the closer or put him in the rotation next year.

They are absolutely on fire now. It's sucks for the Sox having the 2nd best record in baseball and still 2nd in their division.

Clockwork Orange
06-27-2006, 07:59 PM
It took Jeff "Spicoli" Weaver to make it happen, but the Rockies are actually giving Cook some support tonight. 6 runs already in the 3rd inning.

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 08:02 PM
It took Jeff "Spicoli" Weaver to make it happen, but the Rockies are actually giving Cook some support tonight. 6 runs already in the 3rd inning.
Its a sad joke the Halos keep running him out there when his brother is toying with minor leaguers.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Its a sad joke the Halos keep running him out there when his brother is toying with minor leaguers.
Really...

If Moreno is so willing to spend, why not just eat the contract? It's only a one year deal, IIRC.

But, on second thought, no...do not DFA him. M's fans enjoy watching the Angels suffer...

SouthStndJunkie
06-27-2006, 08:30 PM

Zumuya is flat out filthy. I have a feeling he will be the closer by the end of the year, or next year at the latest. Todd Jones scares me every time he takes the mound and Rodney is a great setup man.

If I hear ESPN mention one more suggestion of a Zumuya for Smoltz trade, I will puke. Zumuya IS the future.....trading him would be foolish.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Zumuya is flat out filthy. I have a feeling he will be the closer by the end of the year, or next year at the latest. Todd Jones scares me every time he takes the mound and Rodney is a great setup man.

If I hear ESPN mention one more suggestion of a Zumuya for Smoltz trade, I will puke. Zumuya IS the future.....trading him would be foolish.
Like you really need Smoltz anyways...

-Slap-
06-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Smotlz would be a great pickup, but no way in hell do you send Zumaya anywhere. Piss on Atlanta. Why would anybody want to help them anyway? They had their decade and a half in the sun.

SouthStndJunkie
06-27-2006, 08:49 PM
I am pretty content with the Tigers staying put.

The team is pretty tight and I see no reason to make a trade just to make one. Another LH bat in the OF would be nice if we do make a move.

Taco John
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I feel bad for giving up on Johjima now... :pity:

WABronco
06-27-2006, 08:56 PM
I feel bad for giving up on Johjima now... :pity:
Two things you must know in order to become a serious M's fan:

1. Hargrove sucks at managing his 'pen.

2. Mateo and Guardado are zeros.

Taco John
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Two things you must know in order to become a serious M's fan:

1. Hargrove sucks at managing his 'pen.

2. Mateo and Guardado are zeros.

Yeah. I've already taken to calling him Every-Once-In-Awhile Eddie at the local watering hole after softball games. That's won me a couple of chummy slugs to the shoulder.

WABronco
06-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Kenji goes off AGAIN! 2 bombs AGAIN!

http://www.nni.nikkei.co.jp/FR/INFOCUS/pics/fr060125.jpg
"Yes...I own all."

Taco John
06-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Wow. This is awesome. It's almost the All Star Break and we're still in the hunt!

Taco John
06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
The Texas SF game just went into meltdown mode...

Taco John
06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Teix just hit the game tying ball, and the refs took it away from him... He blew up and they threw him out of the game...

Dammit dammit dammit!

WABronco
06-27-2006, 10:02 PM
I missed it...but I did catch the last part of the replay. Teix was going off...

Clockwork Orange
06-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Wow. This is awesome. It's almost the All Star Break and we're still in the hunt!

Now you know how we Rockies fans feel. :)

Matt Holliday with 3 doubles and 3 runs scored tonight has his average up to .354. Ssssssmokin'!! :yayaya:

Taco John
06-27-2006, 10:04 PM
The Rangers just got robbed.

06-27-2006, 11:47 PM

Friggin' Mariners fans...get back in the basement.

06-27-2006, 11:47 PM
The Rangers just got robbed.

Yeah, his HR last week was fair, too.

Good karma coming the Rangers way.

-Slap-
06-28-2006, 06:03 AM
Joe Mauer is batting .900 (9-10) against the Dodgers this year.

I wonder who got him out.

WABronco
06-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Friggin' Mariners fans...get back in the basement.
That honor belongs to those Halos now...and will for quite sometime IMO.

Clockwork Orange
06-28-2006, 02:13 PM
A-Rod with a walk of blast in the 12th.

Taco John
06-28-2006, 02:39 PM
The Braves are in a sorry situation with that bullpen. I'm glad that I didn't end up chasing after Kenny Ray.

OrangeShadow
06-28-2006, 02:50 PM
damn that braves bullpen

Saddletramp
06-28-2006, 05:19 PM
:injured: :Whaaaa!: :vermeil:

God my Astros sucked today.

Taco John
06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Again. That's two good performances by pitchers blown by the team, tramp...

SouthStndJunkie
06-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Justin Verlander baffled the Astros with 8 innings of shutout ball as the Tigers win again.

That was Verlander's 10th win. He better get selected for the all star squad.

Taco John
06-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t12qml7up-o&search=rbi%20baseball%2086%20series

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t12qml7up-o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>

-Slap-
06-29-2006, 01:24 AM
That would have taken a long time to put together.

I used to play the hell out of that game. The most challenging thing was trying to pitch a no hitter with one pitcher. By the end of the game you were throwing 40 mph lollipops up to the plate. As long as you worked most hitters up and in/down and away, it wouldn't matter, though.

Taco John
06-29-2006, 01:34 AM
I got a kick out of the Marty Barret thing he threw together for the Miller Light MVP. That was pretty good.

Taco John
06-29-2006, 04:42 PM
The Pads and the A's are tied up with 5 each at the top of the 13th.

OrangeShadow
06-29-2006, 05:13 PM
beckett had a very nice outing against NY last night. Good pitchers duel goin tonight

Hogan11
06-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Stop the f'n presses....my Pirates finally won a game after dropping 13 straight! Miracles never cease.

WABronco
06-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey Rox fans...

You guys ready for an ass kickin'? Come Friday, you got one comin' to ya.

-Slap-
06-29-2006, 06:08 PM
The American League is paddling the Senior Circuit's ass.

202-75 in interleague play? Are you freaking kidding me?

That's a .724 winning percentage! NL fans should be hanging their heads in shame.

Clockwork Orange
06-29-2006, 06:10 PM
The American League is paddling the Senior Circuit's ass.

202-75 in interleague play? Are you freaking kidding me?

That's a .724 winning percentage! NL fans should be hanging their heads in shame.

Not me, the Rockies are 9-3 against the A.L. so far this season. !Booya!

-Slap-
06-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Not me, the Rockies are 9-3 against the A.L. so far this season. !Booya!
Obviously the Pebbles have steered clear of Detroit and CHI AL.

Clockwork Orange
06-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Details.

Stop trying to piss on my parade, jerk. >:'(

Pendejo
06-29-2006, 06:28 PM

Yeah there was an article in the San Diego Union Tribune just today...putting the Madres relative success (sans Seattle) against the AL in persepctive. There were some pretty brutal comparisons.

Oh well. Even though once again they couldn't win a game when they should have...the Madres won another series.

I'm fvcking sick of Eric Young. Yeah he's a good guy, and he's been a decent pro...but there is not one single reason that anyone in the galaxy can come up with that has him starting over Ben Johnson. Bochy has been burying this guy for a couple of years. He did the same thing to Nady...although the Madres were able to turn Nady into Mike Cameron manning centerfield in spacious Petco park. I was pissed when the trade went down...just because of the way Bochy refused Nady at bats...but the plays the Cameron has made in Centerfield for the good guys this year erases it all. They finally got over.

I understood why they wanted Giles...but Bay is a better player...even with Perez in the Bully. Giles makes slugger money...but now he walks. It sucks because he's a likable guy...and a solid player...but dammit. Derek Lee was a Madre draft pick.

Being a Madres fan = perpetual frustration.

Breck Bronc
06-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I understood why they wanted Giles...but Bay is a better player...even with Perez in the Bully. Giles makes slugger money...but now he walks. It sucks because he's a likable guy...and a solid player...but dammit. Derek Lee was a Madre draft pick.Hey, you got one good season out of Kevin Brown for Lee. And at least Oliver Perez is doing his best to be the anti-Bay.

Breck Bronc
06-29-2006, 06:39 PM
Obviously the Pebbles have steered clear of Detroit and CHI AL.The Tigers, White Sox and Twins are just lucky they didn't have to play the 1993 expansion teams in interleague this year.

WABronco
06-29-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm fvcking sick of Eric Young. Yeah he's a good guy, and he's been a decent pro...but there is not one single reason that anyone in the galaxy can come up with that has him starting over Ben Johnson.
It's because Young has paid his dues already...or that's what Mike Hargrove would say.

OrangeShadow
06-29-2006, 07:06 PM
what a catch by coco!
pap shuts the door again man what a game

PatsWin2002
06-29-2006, 07:15 PM
what a catch by coco!
pap shuts the door again man what a game

That game had a little bit of everything.... a caught stealing, a pick off, a game-changing diving catch, and a Big Papi home run for good measure. :)

And to see the Red Sox beat a National League team at their own game is VERY RARE!! I can't tell you the last time I saw them manufacture a run to break a tie like that.....bunt single, stolen base, sac bunt, sac fly.

This may be the best defensive team we've ever had.

OrangeShadow
06-29-2006, 07:23 PM
i dont think its a question of may be. This is my kind of game thought give me a close pitching duel any day.

Crowpointer
06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
That game had a little bit of everything.... a caught stealing, a pick off, a game-changing diving catch, and a Big Papi home run for good measure. :)

And to see the Red Sox beat a National League team at their own game is VERY RARE!! I can't tell you the last time I saw them manufacture a run to break a tie like that.....bunt single, stolen base, sac bunt, sac fly.

This may be the best defensive team we've ever had.
Very entertaining. You're right the Old Sox would just try to out mash you. This was fun.

WABronco
06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
The Mariners are on FIYAAAAAAA!

They score 2 in the top of the 9th, and then JJ Putz nails it down for the save.

YO BOB! Say hello to 3rd place!!!!!!!

Taco John
06-29-2006, 10:45 PM
What a great day of baseball... I missed the Boston game, but caught much of the A's/SD game, which really heated up after Dan Haren gave up back to back homers in the sixth, after going the entire game with only one hit.

The Mariners are really heating up. Johjima is starting to get comfortable, and it's really given the team a boost.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Seattle picks up Eduardo Perez from Cleveland for Asdrubal Cabrera, the org's second hot-shot SS.

Cabrera was a whee-bit too much to give up IMO, but Perez kills LH pitching. LH pitching has killed the M's over the last few years. Solid trade for Seattle...

-Slap-
06-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Its about frigging time!

Angels swap Weavers, call up Jered, designate Jeff (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2506041)

ESPN.com news services

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- The Angels swapped one Weaver brother for another Friday, designating right-hander Jeff for assignment and replacing him with right-hander Jered from Triple-A Salt Lake.

Jeff Weaver was 3-10 with a 6.29 ERA in 16 games this season. Opponents were hitting .309 against him.

Jered Weaver was 6-1 with two complete game shutouts and a 1.99 ERA in 12 games over two stints in Salt Lake.

Jered originally had his contract purchased by the Angels May 26 and was optioned June 17. He is 4-0 with a 1.37 ERA in four starts for the struggling club. Opponents are hitting .170 against him.

According to the Orange County Register, the Angels are resigned to eating the remaining $4 million owed to Jeff Weaver on his $8.325 million 2006 contract. The club, which would have 10 days to trade him, had been shopping him for weeks.

"There are so many teams looking for pitching and so many teams in the race, somebody will take this guy," one veteran NL scout told the newspaper.

Jered Weaver is expected to pitch Monday or Tuesday in Seattle.

Taco John
06-30-2006, 04:41 PM
YES!

That's awesome... In my rookie fantasy ignorance, I let the fact that I saw a bunch of people dropping him influence me to drop him as well... Which my buddy swiftly jumped on. I've been kicking myself ever since. But lucky me... He had to make a roster decision because Derek Lee got off the DL, and I was able to snag Jared back! He just cleared waivers yesterday. !Booya!

I can't wait until he comes over for Sunday BBQ. There's going to be some laughing about that whole situation.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Its about frigging time!
I want the M's too inquire about Weaver...as crazy as that sounds. I doubt LAA will deal with a West opponent anyways though...

SouthStndJunkie
06-30-2006, 08:32 PM
The Tigers are now 55-25, 30 games over .500.

In 1984 the Tigers record was 55-25 after 80 games, same as this year.

Rocket 7
06-30-2006, 08:50 PM
The Tigers are now 55-25, 30 games over .500.

In 1984 the Tigers record was 55-25 after 80 games, same as this year.
Go Tigers

SouthStndJunkie
06-30-2006, 09:02 PM
Go Tigers

Good to hear from you Dipso. Let's hope the Tigs can keep it up. I would love to go to a playoff game in Comerica park this year.

Clockwork Orange
06-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Josh Fogg pitched the game of his life tonight. Complete game, 2 hit shutout on 90 pitches in Seattle.

Color me shocked. He's the last one I thought I'd see have a game like that.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Josh Fogg pitched the game of his life tonight. Complete game, 2 hit shutout on 90 pitches in Seattle.

Color me shocked. He's the last one I thought I'd see have a game like that.
...and now I'm going to go kill myself.

Clockwork Orange
06-30-2006, 09:07 PM
You shouldn't, Moyer pitched a gem himself. Jesus, this game took less than 2 hours.

WABronco
06-30-2006, 09:11 PM
You shouldn't, Moyer pitched a gem himself. Jesus, this game took less than 2 hours.
I know, I know. I may put it off 'til Sunday...

Taco John
06-30-2006, 09:47 PM
Fatrolo Colon screwed me again...

Pendejo
06-30-2006, 10:06 PM

Bartolo just doesn't look like himself this year. I've seen him pitch twice since coming back to the Angels and he looks pedestrian.

His weight is out of control and will only hurt him more as he ages. I saw the same thing with T. Gwynn.

In other news the Madres rallied late to beat the Giants 6-5. They are a very scrappy team.

24champ
07-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Hilarious!

I was there and angel fans werent happy at all too, glad Penny pitched a good game and even still he gets pissed if he doesnt get a strikeout! This year the dodgers have turned the tables on the Angels for having our number last year. Hendrickson our newly acquired lefty should make it interesting tommorow.

EDIT: TRAFFIC WAS AN F'N JOKE! Left my house at 4pm and got there just before the game started.

-Slap-
07-02-2006, 01:29 PM
Francisco Liriano through eight against Milwaukee:

Pitcher IP PC H ER BB K
Liriano 8 102 3 0 1 12

I don't think the Santana comparisons are fair. He's better.

http://sethspeaks.net/lirianotwins1.jpg

His ERA is sitting @ 1.99 right now. I had someone offer me Chris Carpenter straight up for him and I turned them down.

Taco John
07-02-2006, 01:45 PM
That's sick.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 01:58 PM
Francisco Liriano through eight against Milwaukee:

Pitcher IP PC H ER BB K
Liriano 8 102 3 0 1 12

I don't think the Santana comparisons are fair. He's better.

http://sethspeaks.net/lirianotwins1.jpg

His ERA is sitting @ 1.99 right now. I had someone offer me Chris Carpenter straight up for him and I turned them down.
I had a Jim Thome offer...HELL NO!:yayaya:

Rocket 7
07-02-2006, 02:15 PM
Tigers beat Pirates

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260702123

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Chris Shelton hit one of Detroit's two tape-measure home runs against the team that gave him away and the Tigers bounced back from one of their few ugly losses this season, holding on to beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 9-8 Sunday.

Shelton, Carlos Guillen and Craig Monroe drove in two runs each to help the Tigers open a 9-2 lead and take two of three from Pittsburgh, their seventh consecutive series win. They were coming off a 9-2 loss Saturday in which they committed errors on three consecutive infield plays during a seven-run Pirates seventh.

The seventh inning was wilder still in this game, with the Tigers scoring five runs against Pittsburgh's usually reliable bullpen before the Pirates came back with six runs to get within a run.

Joel Zumaya settled the Tigers down after that with a scoreless eighth, and Todd Jones finished up by pitching the ninth for his 22nd save in 25 opportunities. Pittsburgh loaded the bases with one out on Jason Bay's double and two walks, but Jose Castillo struck out and Humberto Cota grounded out on a ball that deflected off Jones' glove directly to second baseman Placido Polanco.

Monroe's two-run double against Jonah Bayliss keyed the Tigers' seventh, which marked the only time in the series the Tigers scored past the fifth inning. Pinch-hitter Omar Infante started the seventh with the first of three Detroit doubles in the inning and Vance Wilson added an RBI double three batters later against reliever John Grabow.

Despite being down 9-2, the Pirates quickly cut it to 9-8 and had runners on third and first before Castillo hit into an inning-ending double play. Before that, the Pirates turned a hit batter, two singles, a walk, reliever Fernando Rodney's run-scoring wild pitch and shortstop Guillen's error on a Sean Casey grounder into three runs ahead of Freddy Sanchez's second two-run double in as many innings. Pinch-hitter Ronny Paulino followed with a run-scoring single.

Despite their second seventh-inning letdown in as many games, the Tigers quickly proved there would be no carryover effect from Saturday's loss by jumping on Pirates starter Ian Snell (7-6) for three runs in the first. Guillen's two-run homer over the right field stands followed Magglio Ordonez's run-scoring double.

Guillen's drive, his 10th, was estimated at 449 feet, but was topped when Shelton led off the second with a 459-foot shot off the center field batter's backdrop. Shelton's homer was his 16th and second of the series against the team that failed to protect him for the Rule 5 draft at the 2003 winter meetings. Shelton had five hits and four RBI in the series.

The final score didn't indicate how well Tigers rookie starter Zach Miner (5-1) pitched in winning his fifth in a row. He retired the first 11 batters and didn't give up a hit until Sanchez singled leading off the fifth. Sanchez's 13-game hitting streak ended Saturday, but he came back with three hits Sunday to jump his average to .363.

Miner lasted 5 2-3 innings, giving up two runs and six hits. Snell, losing his third in a row after winning five straight by allowing four runs and seven hits in five innings.

The Tigers finished 15-3 against the NL, easily their best record since interleague play began in 1997. The Pirates went 3-12 against the AL after going 5-7 last year. ^Notes:@ The Pirates' Jose Hernandez, making a spot start at shortstop, left after four innings with tightness in his lower back. ... The Pirates lost for the 15th time in 17 games. The Tigers won their 14th in 16. Their starting pitchers are 16-2 over the last month. ... The Pirates are 8-24 in one-run games

OrangeShadow
07-02-2006, 02:47 PM
and the winning streak starts again. ortiz is the man

SouthStndJunkie
07-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Tigers beat Pirates

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260702123

It is good to get the win, but Tigers have played like crap the past 3 games. If they play like that in the second half of the season, they will get their nuts kicked in.

Still, nice to take 2/3 on the road.

-Slap-
07-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I had a Jim Thome offer...HELL NO!:yayaya:
Short list of players I would accept in trade for Liriano right now:

http://img.slate.msn.com/media/1/123125/123037/2111855/2127621/051005_sn_AlbertPujolsTN.jpg

-Slap-
07-02-2006, 03:10 PM
It is good to get the win, but Tigers have played like crap the past 3 games. If they play like that in the second half of the season, they will get their nuts kicked in.

Still, nice to take 2/3 on the road.
Do you think Zumaya will get a chance to close this year?

Clockwork Orange
07-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I ****ing hate Clint Hurdle?

Just in case I haven't, I ****ing hate Clint Hurdle.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Have I ever mentioned that I ****ing hate Clint Hurdle?

Just in case I haven't, I ****ing hate Clint Hurdle.

Have I ever mentioned that I ****ing hate Mike Hargrove?

Just in case I haven't, I ****ing hate Mike Hargrove.

-leaves Washburn in to walk the bases full in the 8th.

-doesn't have a lefty up to face Helton in the 8th. Our LOOGY is one of the best in the league.

-Misses multiple oppurtunities to PH a weak bat for Eduardo Perez, our newly acquired LHP masher. The dude absolutely kills LH pitching...that's all he does. He chooses to let Willie Fvcking Bloomquist hit against Fuentes. Bloomquist hasn't pulled a ball this year...he is incapable of getting around on a major league fastball. EGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Seattle is winning DESPITE Hargrove...and there's no denying it.

Ahh yes, and I was glad to see Good ol' Jose Mesa back in town. He's so clutch...

WABronco
07-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Jesus...

Everett is hitting about .098 against LH pitchers. Jeremy Reed is hitting .000 against LH pitchers.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 04:27 PM
**** Mike Hargrove!

Clockwork Orange
07-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Hurdle goes with Dohmann over Ramirez and he promptly gives up a blast to Ichiro. I could cry.

Clockwork Orange
07-02-2006, 04:42 PM
Now Hurdle has to go to the scuffling Ray King Size Me after Doh!mann puts the tying run on base.

Clockwork Orange
07-02-2006, 04:43 PM
He induces a flyout to center and the Rockies finish with a record of 11-4 in interleague play.

Much like you guys WA, the Rox seem to hang in there in spite of their manager.

WABronco
07-02-2006, 05:16 PM
Hurdle goes with Dohmann over Ramirez and he promptly gives up a blast to Ichiro. I could cry.
LOL!

Even I noticed that! Ramirez has been a stud so far...

Clockwork Orange
07-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Damn, A-Rod has 2 HR's & 7 RBI's through 5 innings tonight. Yanks are killing the Mets 16-5.

DomCasual
07-02-2006, 09:46 PM
Posted this in the Rockies thread, so sorry for the repeat to those who read both. But it's ridiculous, regardless of where it's posted - especially with Francisco Liriano (9-1, 1.99 ERA) getting snubbed.

Mark Redman - LHP - Kansas City Royals

5 W; 4 L; 5.59 ERA; 30 SO ; 30 Walks; Averaging 5 2/3 innings per start.

Seriously, has there ever been a worse all-star? He should be embarrassed to go.

Taco John
07-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Alright.... So how long do I keep Fatrolo Colon on my roster? Is this guy going to rebound, or am I stuck with last year's fireworks?

SouthStndJunkie
07-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Do you think Zumaya will get a chance to close this year?

He should, as Todd Jones makes my stomach hurt everytime they trot him out there.

I know most Tigers fans want to see it happen, but I get the feeling Leyland is going to try and stick with Todd Jones this year. I could be wrong though.

OrangeShadow
07-03-2006, 03:37 AM
damn a-rod actually had a clutch hit,well first time for everything i guess

Clockwork Orange
07-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Pujols just crushed one off of John Smoltz for his 28th of the season.

Gcver2ver3
07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I gotta eat some crow....

hopefully my boys can bounce back...but we got rocked on our road trip at fenway & yankee stadium..........

we need to add an arm to our starting rotation.....

crap....

-Slap-
07-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I gotta eat some crow....

hopefully my boys can bounce back...but we got rocked on our road trip at fenway & yankee stadium..........

we need to add an arm to our starting rotation.....

crap....
Especially when your one-two punch is 75 years old and there's still half the regular season left.

Gcver2ver3
07-03-2006, 05:12 PM
Especially when your one-two punch is 75 years old and there's still half the regular season left.

tell me about it.....

thank goodness we're 11 games up.....

WABronco
07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
****!

This is two rained-out starts in a row for Anthony Reyes.

Whewww...nvm.

Hogan11
07-03-2006, 08:37 PM
I can actually feel good about being a Pirates fan again.....for one night anyways. Hey, when the worst team in the NL can go into Shea and slap the Mets around like that.....it's earned.

SouthStndJunkie
07-03-2006, 09:15 PM
The Rocket finally got some run support and picked up his first win of the year tonight.

-Slap-
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Jered Weaver with another beauty tonight.

I've been watching baseball for over 30 years and I can't ever remember this many outstanding young pitchers coming into the league in such a short time frame.

WABronco
07-06-2006, 11:53 AM
Seattle trades Eddie Guardado to Cinci for minor league pitcher Travis Chick.

Yessssssssss...

PatsWin2002
07-06-2006, 11:54 AM
Seattle trades Eddie Guardado to Cinci for minor league pitcher Travis Chick.

Yessssssssss...

Why is that good?

I thought every team wanted a "Steady Eddie"?

Does he have bad #'s this year?

WABronco
07-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Why is that good?

I thought every team wanted a "Steady Eddie"?

Does he have bad #'s this year?

Yea...he's stunk for the last year and a half. He was blocking other bullpen prospects as well...he needed to go.

OrangeShadow
07-06-2006, 01:13 PM
theo better work the phones for some damn pitching and soon

WABronco
07-06-2006, 05:09 PM
**** All Star voters...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/news/story?id=2511542

Who in the hell thinks that AJ dumbass (can't spell his last name) deserves to go over Liriano or Hafner?

broncosteven
07-07-2006, 12:38 PM
**** All Star voters...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar06/news/story?id=2511542

Who in the hell thinks that AJ dumbass (can't spell his last name) deserves to go over Liriano or Hafner?

I voted for him. He playes every day, has a great average (.325), he gets a lot out of his pitching staff & has made guys like garland better.

I am a White Sox fan but I look at it the same way I looked at having Romo on the Broncos. I loved him when he was on the Broncos & hated him when he was on the 49ers, eagles & Butt-pirates.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2006, 08:27 PM
My Tigers are up on the Mariners right now.

Middle of the 6th, 2-0 Tigers.

Bonderman has been kicking butt lately.

Gcver2ver3
07-07-2006, 08:39 PM
theo better work the phones for some damn pitching and soon

same goes for omar

Bronco9798
07-07-2006, 08:44 PM
My Reds finally break their losing streak at 6. Need some middle relief pitching bad.

Taco John
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Ugh... I dropped Fatrolo Colon to pick up some hitters the day before his CG SHO... Worse. I was on business all week, and missed Lackey's start tonight for his CG SHO. Even worse than that. My opponent has Kazmir on his team.

Thank God my batters are coming through.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Ugh... I dropped Fatrolo Colon to pick up some hitters the day before his CG SHO... Worse. I was on business all week, and missed Lackey's start tonight for his CG SHO. Even worse than that. My opponent has Kazmir on his team.

I was wondering what you did with Colon after I saw his last outing.

WABronco
07-07-2006, 09:59 PM
I was wondering what you did with Colon after I saw his last outing.
How 'bout that debut for Mark Lowe? Seeing that was worth the other 8 innings of pure slop.

But, damn your Tigers for not scoring more runs against Joel Pinata...I mean really smack him around. He needs to be DFA'd...now.Ha!

WABronco
07-07-2006, 10:02 PM

I wouldn't worry about Colon. He didn't break 91 mph more than a few times and the Mariner's aren't exactly a ML team, at this point in time. 4 hits is impressive though, but I don't think he'll be able to do that against the Yankees and Tigers of the world...

Bronco Billy
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
I voted for him. He playes every day, has a great average (.325), he gets a lot out of his pitching staff & has made guys like garland better.

I am a White Sox fan but I look at it the same way I looked at having Romo on the Broncos. I loved him when he was on the Broncos & hated him when he was on the 49ers, eagles & Butt-pirates.

AJ is definitely one of those players where his stats truly don't account for all the ways he benefits a club. His .325 average is a great bonus! I never thought the Sox would ever have a catcher I liked more than Carlton Fisk, but he's pretty damn close! Broncosteven, great analogy about Romo! Very true.

Taco John
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't feel bad about cutting Fatrolo, except that I could have used the outing. I needed hitters anyway, and managed to snag Napoli to get a boost at catcher.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
How 'bout that debut for Mark Lowe? Seeing that was worth the other 8 innings of pure slop.

But, damn your Tigers for not scoring more runs against Joel Pinata...I mean really smack him around. He needs to be DFA'd...now.Ha!

Lowe was impressive getting out of that bases loaded jam with no outs.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2006, 10:28 PM
In 27 games since June 8, Detroit starters are 17-1 with a 2.77 ERA.

Taco John
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
Saturday is going to be a fun day of baseball for me... I've got five pitchers giving me outings: Harang, Jer. Weaver, Clemens, Bedard, and Jo. Johnson... along with Papelbon and Otsuka giving me relief.

WABronco
07-07-2006, 10:43 PM
AJ is definitely one of those players where his stats truly don't account for all the ways he benefits a club. His .325 average is a great bonus! I never thought the Sox would ever have a catcher I liked more than Carlton Fisk, but he's pretty damn close! Broncosteven, great analogy about Romo! Very true.
Yes, but Hafner is hitting only 6 points lower. He also has 74 rbi's, 25 bombs, and an OPS that's 300 points higher than Pierzynski. In other words, he's lapping AJ in production.

If you don't like Hafner...there's always Liriano. He's got the lowest ERA of any established starter (1.99), the lowest WHIP of any starter (0.97), and the highest K/9 of any starter (10.40).

He's been one of the top 5 starters this year...without question.

So yes, there's no way in hell Pierzynski deserves the nod over either guy.

Oh yea, there's also Justin Verlander and Ramon Hernandez. No...way...

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Nobody can out-stuff a ballot box like Chicago.

Old joke:

The pope, the president, and mayor Daley (mayor of Chicago) were on a life raft with only one life vest on board. The raft begins to lose air, and they figure that it's only a matter of time before they drown. They decide to vote on who gets to wear the life vest and ultimately live.

Mayor Daley won the vote 5-2.

Bronco Billy
07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Yes, but Hafner is hitting only 6 points lower. He also has 74 rbi's, 25 bombs, and an OPS that's 300 points higher than Pierzynski. In other words, he's lapping AJ in production.

If you don't like Hafner...there's always Liriano. He's got the lowest ERA of any established starter (1.99), the lowest WHIP of any starter (0.97), and the highest K/9 of any starter (10.40).

He's been one of the top 5 starters this year...without question.

So yes, there's no way in hell Pierzynski deserves the nod over either guy.

Oh yea, there's also Justin Verlander and Ramon Hernandez. No...way...

I never said that A.J. deserved to beat out the other two. Personally, I wish MLB would get rid of the rule that every team has to be represented and let the best players play.

-Slap-
07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Some unheralded players, who are probably available on most waiver wires, that might turn in solid second half performances:

Michael Cuddyer 1B/3B/OF Twins - Post-hype prospect who has flourished as a run producer after the Twins have finally stopped jerking him in and out of the lineup.

Scott Olsen SP Marlins - Pitching extremely well for the unheralded Marlins right now. In his last six starts, Olsen's ERA is 2.25 and his WHIP is 0.95.

Jeremy Hermida OF Marlins - Has only flashed his immense potential in an injury-dotted first half. His Bobby Abreu-like skill set will eventually yield production.

Bronco Billy
07-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Nobody can out-stuff a ballot box like Chicago.

Old joke:

The pope, the president, and mayor Daley (mayor of Chicago) were on a life raft with only one life vest on board. The raft begins to lose air, and they figure that it's only a matter of time before they drown. They decide to vote on who gets to wear the life vest and ultimately live.

Mayor Daley won the vote 5-2.

The entire east coast can out stuff anybody - New York and Boston.

Governor Go-blow-me-b***h (Illinois) must be his own seperate joke!

WABronco
07-07-2006, 11:08 PM
I never said that A.J. deserved to beat out the other two. Personally, I wish MLB would get rid of the rule that every team has to be represented and let the best players play.
All right...

On that rule thing, I agree. This year though, they just picked the wrong player from KC. Mark Grudz, Emil Brown, or David DeJesus would have been passable All Star selections. DeJesus would've been a no-brainer had he played the whole first half...

Bronco Billy
07-07-2006, 11:15 PM
All right...

On that rule thing, I agree. This year though, they just picked the wrong player from KC. Mark Grudz, Emil Brown, or David DeJesus would have been passable All Star selections. DeJesus would've been a no-brainer had he played the whole first half...

That was exactly the team I was referencing. They selected Redman if I remember correctly? I just don't see it.

WABronco
07-07-2006, 11:17 PM
That was exactly the team I was referencing. They selected Redman if I remember correctly? I just don't see it.
Yea...that was pretty weak. He hasn't even been the best pitcher on the team this year.

Taco John
07-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Some unheralded players, who are probably available on most waiver wires, that might turn in solid second half performances:

Michael Cuddyer 1B/3B/OF Twins - Post-hype prospect who has flourished as a run producer after the Twins have finally stopped jerking him in and out of the lineup.

Scott Olsen SP Marlins - Pitching extremely well for the unheralded Marlins right now. In his last six starts, Olsen's ERA is 2.25 and his WHIP is 0.95.

Jeremy Hermida OF Marlins - Has only flashed his immense potential in an injury-dotted first half. His Bobby Abreu-like skill set will eventually yield production.

Nice tips... I have Cuddyer on both of my rosters right now, so it's good to see him get the Slap endorsement.

24champ
07-07-2006, 11:24 PM
!Booya! !Booya! NOMAR!!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/NOMAR.jpg

WABronco
07-07-2006, 11:25 PM
!Booya! !Booya! NOMAR!!!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/NOMAR.jpg
He shoulda made it in before the final vote...but it's good he made it.

24champ
07-07-2006, 11:31 PM
yeah but tonight Nomar hit a two run HR to put the nail on the coffin for the Giants in the eighth! Saito gets the save too so that bodes well in my leagues.

Gcver2ver3
07-08-2006, 08:03 AM

he's having a great season.....but 1st base is deep in the NL.....

You got Puljos.....and then Berkman...those are guarantees...(esp Berkman with Garner managing)

then you've got the budding superstar in Ryan Howard.....

but fortunately Nomar was able to get in by final vote....but the other 3 deserve to be there too....

-Slap-
07-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Nice tips... I have Cuddyer on both of my rosters right now, so it's good to see him get the Slap endorsement.
He's never going to be a star, but he'll wind up with over 100 RBI this year and he has multi position eligibility. I see him producing similar to a more heralded player like Chad Tracy from this point forward. Jason Kubel, also on the Twins, is another solid post-hype prospect, similar to Jeremy Hermida, mentioned previously.

Minnesota has a good farm system, but a lot of their position guys have struggled making the jump to the majors in recent years. I think its because, except for Mauer who's a transcendant talent, they've never really committed to any of these kids. Its hard to play loose when you know you're a 2 for 20 slump away from a ticket back to Nashville.

Taco John
07-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Yeah... I didn't figure Cuddyer for a star, but I am in dire need of some RBIs and hits.

"Ribbies and hits! Ribbies and hits! I'm going to get me some Ribbies and hits!"

-Slap-
07-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Roger Clemens Vs promising rookie Anthony Reyes right now.

St Louis has jumped on the Rocket early. Its 2-0 with two outs in the first.

-Slap-
07-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Giants are just mugging Derek Lowe. 4-0 San Francisco in the first inning and Lowe hasn't recorded an out yet.

B-Love
07-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Giants are just mugging Derek Lowe. 4-0 San Francisco in the first inning and Lowe hasn't recorded an out yet.

Have Alou and Feliz on my team. Moises Alou still produces when healthy. 3 games back, an RBI in each game, including 1 today already. Pedro seems to have found a spot at 3rd finally.

As long as Cuddyer continues to hit 4th in the Twinkie lineup, he'll have extra bloated fantasy numbers too. Picked him up also. I can't believe he hits 4th in front of Morneau, even when a Righty is chucking. Wow. But I love it.

B-Love
07-08-2006, 01:42 PM
On the downside........

Coming into today I was basically even up in ERA and WHIP against my opponent, and I have both Fat Freddie and Beckett on my team.

Beckett has been real good the last few starts and Garcia is usually money during the day. So I break the head to head rule and start both, needing a Pitchers duel.

I got anything but.

-Slap-
07-08-2006, 01:47 PM
On the downside........

Coming into today I was basically even up in ERA and WHIP against my opponent, and I have both Fat Freddie and Beckett on my team.

Beckett has been real good the last few starts and Garcia is usually money during the day. So I break the head to head rule and start both, needing a Pitchers duel.

I got anything but.
I had Fat Freddy on the back of a couple staffs, but I cut him adrift. I liked the wins, but he doesn't strike anyone out and he was killing my peripherals.

A guy like that is more valuable in head to head because he'll eat innings to somewhat make up for all his baserunners, but he's death on your ratios in a roto league.

B-Love
07-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I had Fat Freddy on the back of a couple staffs, but I cut him adrift. I liked the wins, but he doesn't strike anyone out and he was killing my peripherals.

A guy like that is more valuable in head to head because he'll eat innings to somewhat make up for all his baserunners, but he's death on your ratios in a roto league.

Good news is my opponent is throwing Ricky Nolasco today. 5 ER in the 1st.

But he has Jered Weaver and Liriano chucking tonight. I need one of them to implode. Not likely.

Gcver2ver3
07-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Mets ring up 17 runs with both Delgado & Reyes out!

Can't brag too much though.....Mets just beat up on lousy pitching....

Clockwork Orange
07-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Jason Jennings & Brandon Webb are locked in a hell of a duel right now. Just went to the bottom of the 8th, tied 1-1.

Jennings has been on fire in his last 5 starts. So far tonight he's gone 8 innings, 1 ER, 6 H, 1 BB, 8 K.

Clockwork Orange
07-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Both are out of the game now. No decision for both.

Clockwork Orange
07-08-2006, 07:16 PM
And Fuentes implodes in the 9th, giving up 4 runs on 6 hits. ****ing great. :nono:

Taco John
07-08-2006, 07:29 PM
If I don't give props to Bedard here, no one will... Six innings, one ER, and 6 Ks, and the win. The guy has been nails ever since I picked him up. Dropping Josh Beckett to pick him up was one of the smartest moves I've made all year.

Taco John
07-08-2006, 07:30 PM
...meanwhile, I have Jared Weaver 4 innings in with 1 hit and 4 Ks. I'm so happy I'm in a keeper league.

Clockwork Orange
07-08-2006, 08:03 PM
Jennings & Webb pitch brilliantly and both bullpens implode. It was 1-1 going to the 9th, the D-Backs struck for 7 in the top half of the frame and the Rockies put up 6 in the bottom half in an 8-7 loss.

Rockies had the tying run at 2nd and the winning run at 1st when Quintinilla (a pungent Judy hitter filling in for everyday banjo hitter Clint Barmes) struck out to end it. Wild game.

Taco John
07-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Man, I'm getting absolutely run over by Kazmir and Weaver in the Broncos league this week. Actually, Bronco LB 52 is just railroading me with his entire pitching staff, with a 0.99 ERA in 45 innings pitched. That's hot!

I sure wish the Astros would figure out how to get Clemens his well deserved wins. That would have helped.

I guess I'm going to just wrap my arm around Turnbow's shoulder and let him know that his good stuff will come back soon enough.

PatsWin2002
07-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Rudy Seanez is about to finally blow this game for the Red Sox against the White Sox....nobody out, men on 1st and 2nd.....

IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 17th INNING!

EDIT.....I was wrong. Top of the 18th.