PDA

View Full Version : Official Make Your Picks here thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

ColoradoBuff
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
With the Titans 5th Round pick..........the Tennessee Titans select, Danieal Manning, CB, Abilene Christian.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right colSpan=2>Height: 6-0 | Weight: 205 | 40-Time: 4.45 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpics/cb/daniealmanning.jpg
Official Bio (http://www.acu.edu/sports/football/player_bios/manning_d_bio.html)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Strengths:
Has excellent size and a solid frame...An tremendous athlete...Has very good speed...A playmaker who has a knack for coming up big...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Has great instincts...Very physical and will support the run...Has outstanding ball skills...Always a threat to score...Also makes an impact on special teams as a kick blocker and return man...Was a prolific in Division II.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against a high level of competition and was a big fish in a small pond...Very raw and needs a lot of technique work...A bit of a 'tweener whose ultimate pro position is still undecided...Will have to adjust to an entirely new speed...Might not have the pure coverage skills to play corner in the pros.

Notes:
Could project to either corner or safety at the next level...Originally signed with Nebraska out of high school...Don't let his small school roots fool you because this guy is a great football player...One of the premier sleeper prospects in the draft.

1st- Matt Leinart
2nd- Ernie Sims
4th- Jason Avant
5th- D. Manning

Pick was made at 1:51 Mountain Time

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm sweating out my pick, too. In a regular draft, this guy is probably off the board early in round three.
Its getting tougher to wait!!

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 02:01 PM
NFLBRONCO is now on the clock.

NFLBRONCO
03-03-2006, 03:55 PM
With the 133 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select:

Devin Aramashodu WR Auburn

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
The Green Bay Packers take

Anthony Smith FS from Syracuse

Pros: Excellent cover skills. Had an incredible senior season, showing the skills to do everything the positions asks. Willing in run support, a great blitzer, and top notch in coverage. Playmaker who has a knack for creating turnovers. Great special teamer.
Cons: Doesn't have the best physical tools, as he has only average size and strength. Not blazing fast. Can get over-agressive at times. Really broke out in his senior campaign, so has to prove it wasn't just a fluke.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6748/asmith5zq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1st Mario Williams
2nd Claude Wroten
3rd Rocky McIntosh
4th Gerald Riggs
5th Anthony Smith

Pick was made 3:00 MT

SpringStein
03-03-2006, 04:09 PM
5th round - still really good players flying off the board.

Pick Six
03-03-2006, 04:09 PM
San Francisco (SoCal) is on the clock...

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-03-2006, 04:59 PM
With the 133 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select:

Devin Aramashodu WR Auburn

I wanted the Broncs to get him just so I could hear how many ways his name could be butchered by the announcers. Imagine how many times I could have the pleasure of calling Theeezzman an idiot.

ColoradoBuff
03-03-2006, 05:14 PM
The Green Bay Packers take

Anthony Smith FS from Syracuse

Pros: Excellent cover skills. Had an incredible senior season, showing the skills to do everything the positions asks. Willing in run support, a great blitzer, and top notch in coverage. Playmaker who has a knack for creating turnovers. Great special teamer.
Cons: Doesn't have the best physical tools, as he has only average size and strength. Not blazing fast. Can get over-agressive at times. Really broke out in his senior campaign, so has to prove it wasn't just a fluke.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/6748/asmith5zq.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1st Mario Williams
2nd Claude Wroten
3rd Rocky McIntosh
4th Gerald Riggs
5th Anthony Smith

Pick was made 3:00 MT

I was going to take him, Manning or Aromashadu from Auburn. Nice pick!

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 05:38 PM
I was going to take him, Manning or Aromashadu from Auburn. Nice pick!
Thanks. I saw good value in him. At the very least he is perfect for SP teams.

24champ
03-03-2006, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE=24champbailey]The Saints select..........Nick Reid of Kansas Univ.

http://etc.lawrence.com/photos/ksu03/reidfumblerecovery.jpg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk......KU!!!!
AKA 2005 Big 12 Defensive POY.8') I must've checked the draft board 3-4 times to make sure this guy wasnt already taken. This draft is deep.

WABronco
03-03-2006, 07:07 PM
There have been two HUGE steals in this round so far. I wonder if that guy SoCal was so hot for is still around?;D

SoCalBronco
03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
There have been two HUGE steals in this round so far. I wonder if that guy SoCal was so hot for is still around?;D

My guy is still there.

San Francisco selects Charlie Peprah, S Alabama.

http://media.theinsiders.com/Media/College_Football/1735_032303Madison.JPG

SF doesnt have any ballers at the safety position. I think Peprah is very underrated.

Reports from the Shrine Practices:
Tuesday-
Charlie Peprah remains the best defensive back on the East squad. Peprah not only is impressing as a safety during scrimmage but he is getting beat less in man coverage drills than most of the cornerbacks in attendance. Dion Byrum showed good closing speed today and though he is susceptible to double moves he does have the speed to stay with the receiver down the field. Nate Salley, though physically impressive, is not using his size properly and does not make a play on the ball when it’s in the air. Louisville defensive back Gerrick McPhearson is fundamentally sound and fast. McPhearson also does a nice job of getting his hands on the ball before the receiver can control it.

Monday-
Alabama safety Charlie Peprah was the class of the defensive backs. Peprah displayed an explosive break on the ball and showed great speed in all directions. Pittsburgh defensive back Josh Lay showed a nice recovery but was a half step slow in reacting to the routes. Army defensive back Dhyan Tarver had difficulty in transition and was badly beaten by double moves several times. Dion Byrum, from Ohio, also had difficulty staying in his backpedal and appeared to be more of a side shuffler.

General Scouting Report: This portion taken from www.footballsfuture.com

Charlie Peprah DB 5’11 200 Alabama
By: Robert Davis

Peprah is a very good athlete, and has the ability to play both corner and safety at the next level. His experience at both positions should help his adjustment to the league, and gives teams two ways to utilize his talents. As a corner, Peprah has the natural athleticism and cover skills to move with the receiver. His experience at safety has helped him because physical and active in the running game. His time at corner definitely helps him as a safety, where his cover skills are excellent.

Selection made at 6:42 PST. JCMElway and Detroit are on the clock.

San Francisco 49ers Draft Picks So Far
1 Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA
2A Demetrius Williams WR Oregon
2B Stanley McClover College DE Pro 3-4 OLB Auburn
3A Orien Harris College DT Pro 3-4 DE Miami (Fla.)
3B Nick Mangold C Ohio State
4 Will Blackmon CB Boston College
5 Charlie Peprah S Alabama

WABronco
03-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Very nice...

SoCalBronco
03-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Very nice...

I am very, very pleased with my draft class so far. By my count and evaluation, Ive got two first round talents (Lewis, Mangold), two early second round talents (Williams, Blackmon), one mid second round talent (McClover), one late second round talent (Harris) and one late third talent (Peprah).

Broncoman13
03-03-2006, 10:23 PM
130. New Orleans Saints- 24champbailey----------------------Nick Reid, LB Kansas
131. New England Patriots (from Oakland)- ICON
132. Tennessee Titans- Hawk's Boys-------------Danieal Manning, CB Abeilene Christian
133. Miami Dolphins- NFLBRONCO (B)---------------Devin Aromashodu, WR Auburn

Just out of curiousity, how did the Pats get Oaklands 5th round pick? I assume from a trade in last years draft?

SoCalBronco
03-03-2006, 10:28 PM
Just out of curiousity, how did the Pats get Oaklands 5th round pick? I assume from a trade in last years draft?

They traded it away in order to get a sixth last year to take Hawthorne.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft05/news/story?id=2041490

watermock
03-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Yummy...sounds like the cover corner we need for the future

I have to bide my time....

JCMElway
03-04-2006, 12:39 AM
With the 136th pick the Detroit Lions select:

Mike DeGory, C, Florida
6'4", 314 lbs.

He may be a project at C, but with his height and weight he could be shifted to guard or Tackle. His height is not agreed upon by all sites, however. Some places list him at 6'4", while others say he is closer to 6'7"! If he's that tall C may be a problem in the NFL. Detroit needs help on the OL and he should be able to come in and help out immediatley (He was a 3 year starter at UF.) and grow into whatever position Detroit needs along the OL.

Positives:

Mike Degory is a wide-body at center and his size makes him a formidable run blocker, which is by far his strength. Mike has been a starter for two years already, with one more year, he may develop into the best center prospect in the country. As a result, he’ll be on everyone’s short list for the Rimington Trophy. For his size, he’s very quick off the snap and shows great explosion. He has decent feet and is a great drive blocker.

Negatives:

Mike may be too tall to be an elite center in the NFL. At close to 6'5", he tends to play with a bend at his waist, rather than good knee bend. Particularly in pass protection, this puts him back on his heels and gets him overpowered. Also, since he doesn’t play with a good knee bend, he doesn’t get the slide needed to pick up outside rushers and chip blocks.

Overall:

Mike Degory is an experienced player in a tough conference. By the end of the year, he will have been a 3-year starter. He’s doesn’t have any injury issues and he plays very hard. Is he an elite prospect? No. If Carter and Wilkerson are the 1st/2nd round picks, guys like Hangartner and Degory are the late day one steals. If he cannot improve on his flexibility, he may be destined to play guard in the NFL, but he’s a very good college player. With a little polish to his game and some physical improvements, he’ll be a nice NFL player.

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 12:44 AM
With the 136th pick the Detroit Lions select:

Mike DeGory, C, Florida
6'4", 314 lbs.

He may be a project at C, but with his height and weight he could be shifted to guard or Tackle. His height is not agreed upon by all sites, however. Some places list him at 6'4", while others say he is closer to 6'7"! If he's that tall C may be a problem in the NFL. Detroit needs help on the OL and he should be able to come in and help out immediatley (He was a 3 year starter at UF.) and grow into whatever position Detroit needs along the OL.

Positives:

Mike Degory is a wide-body at center and his size makes him a formidable run blocker, which is by far his strength. Mike has been a starter for two years already, with one more year, he may develop into the best center prospect in the country. As a result, he’ll be on everyone’s short list for the Rimington Trophy. For his size, he’s very quick off the snap and shows great explosion. He has decent feet and is a great drive blocker.

Negatives:

Mike may be too tall to be an elite center in the NFL. At close to 6'5", he tends to play with a bend at his waist, rather than good knee bend. Particularly in pass protection, this puts him back on his heels and gets him overpowered. Also, since he doesn’t play with a good knee bend, he doesn’t get the slide needed to pick up outside rushers and chip blocks.

Overall:

Mike Degory is an experienced player in a tough conference. By the end of the year, he will have been a 3-year starter. He’s doesn’t have any injury issues and he plays very hard. Is he an elite prospect? No. If Carter and Wilkerson are the 1st/2nd round picks, guys like Hangartner and Degory are the late day one steals. If he cannot improve on his flexibility, he may be destined to play guard in the NFL, but he’s a very good college player. With a little polish to his game and some physical improvements, he’ll be a nice NFL player.

Very good pick. I kept waiting and waiting to see when he would come off the board. He's a very good football player even though he lacks huge skills.

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 12:46 AM
Arizona and Arkansas Bronco are on the clock.

WABronco
03-04-2006, 12:51 AM
If Carter and Wilkerson are the 1st/2nd round picks...

Lol, what happened to those guys? Didn't they both go undrafted?

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Lol, what happened to those guys? Didn't they both go undrafted?

I think Carter was UDFA yeah, signed with the Chargers I think, not sure. I dont know what happened to Ben Wilkerson. Didnt he win the Rimington last year even though he missed a bunch of games. I was surprised he didnt get drafted.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:19 AM
crap Im out of picks. Well that just blows, even more so if my next target does fall to where I was picking.

Mr. Trout
03-04-2006, 01:22 AM
what team you got DB?

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:25 AM
what team you got DB?
GB, they traded their 6th rounder with Mike McKenzie and their 7th to Miami for Brad Bedell.

Mr. Trout
03-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Who the heck is Brad Bedell?

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Who the heck is Brad Bedell?

Backup OL.

He actually went to my high school. Didnt know him though, he was a senior when I was a freshman.

I think he went to CU so alot of people on this board prolly are familiar with him.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:30 AM
This Brad Bedell isn't even on their roster and NFL.com says he was a Packer in 04 and 05. So they lost a pick in the 06 draft for a guy they traded for in 04?

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Backup OL.

He actually went to my high school. Didnt know him though, he was a senior when I was a freshman.

I think he went to CU so alot of people on this board prolly are familiar with him.
What are the odds of me getting F'd by a CU player???

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
I love the fact that the guy they traded the 6th rounder isn't on the team either!!!! >:'( JT O'Sullivan

Arkansas Bronco
03-04-2006, 06:34 AM
At pick #137 the Cards take Dusty Dvoracek, DT, Oklahoma, 6-3, 306

Cards draft so far:
#13 - Jay Cutler
#22 - DeAngelo Williams
#106 - Mark Setterstrom
#137 - Dusty Dvoracek

pick was made at 6:35am Central time 3-4-06

ICON
03-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Brandon Williams (2006)^5

Position: WR Number: 01
School: Wisconsin Height: 5'11

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 01:39 PM
The Bills and Eddie Mac are on the clock.

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 01:40 PM
At pick #137 the Cards take Dusty Dvoracek, DT, Oklahoma, 6-3, 306

Cards draft so far:
#13 - Jay Cutler
#22 - DeAngelo Williams
#106 - Mark Setterstrom
#137 - Dusty Dvoracek

pick was made at 6:35am Central time 3-4-06

Excellent selection. It looks like he has gotten over his anger issues. He's a pretty good DT, albeit a little bit small. He should be at least a decent NFL player. Youve got some good young DTs now in Dvoracek and Dockett.

Very good value here.

DBroncos4life
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Excellent selection. It looks like he has gotten over his anger issues. He's a pretty good DT, albeit a little bit small. He should be at least a decent NFL player. Youve got some good young DTs now in Dvoracek and Dockett.

Very good value here.
I was looking at him as well. Good pick.

Arkansas Bronco
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM

Very good value here.

If i was the GM of the Cards i would be very happy with the picks we have made so far. Add to that they are like 10mil under the cap so they also be able to pull in a big time free agent.

eddie mac
03-04-2006, 02:48 PM
If i was the GM of the Cards i would be very happy with the picks we have made so far. Add to that they are like 10mil under the cap so they also be able to pull in a big time free agent.

$24.3m AB, although they'll probably only spend $10m of that.

eddie mac
03-04-2006, 02:52 PM
With the 138th pick of the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select

Kevin Boothe OG Cornell
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 327 | 40-Time: 5.40

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has great size and a big frame with long arms...Strong and isn't satisfied just to beat his opponents, he wants to dominate them...Shows excellent quickness and good feet...Equally effective as both a run and pass blocker...Versatile and has experience at right tackle, left tackle and guard...Should work out well due to his combination of size / speed / strength...Still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Has not played against top talent...May struggle to handle the speed rushers he will see in the pro ranks...Will likely have to make the move from college tackle inside to offensive guard at the next level...Has dealt with some injuries in the past but has managed not to miss much playing time...Still a bit of a project who will need some time to adjust and make the drastic jump in competition.

Notes:
A perenial selection to the All-Ivy team...Has all the physical tools you look for and has been a big fish in a small pond in the Ivies...One of the top sleeper prospects in the draft who could surprise and go much higher than anyone might think.

Pick made at 4-00pm ET

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Slappy and the Rams are on the clock.

Mr. Trout
03-04-2006, 03:12 PM
ICON you fleeced me. I had Brandon Williams locked in all the way. Back to the war room I go.

-Slap-
03-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Back to the defensive side of the ball for St Louis and more help for their weak secondary.

The Rams select Darrell Hunter CB Miami (OH).

http://cincinnati.com/preps/2002/06/14/medals_zoom.jpg
A former state track champion, Darrell Hunter
has the physical tools to start at the next level.

Boom or bust pick, but Hunter's solid showing at the Combine convinced me. He measured a hair under 6 foot, he weighed 206 pounds and he clocked 40 yards in 4.45. The young man has ideal triangle numbers for the cornerback position, although questions remain about his instincts and willingness to support the run.

St Louis Rams 2006 Draft Picks
1-11 - Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
2-43 - Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
3-77 - Kai Parham ILB Virginia
4-108 - Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado
5-139 - Darrell Hunter CB Miami (OH)

Selection made @ 1:25 PM PST.

WABronco
03-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Wow, another solid pick. I nominate St. Louis as the team with the best draft so far...;D

Ya just can't go wrong in this draft!!!

Mr. Trout
03-04-2006, 04:40 PM
Wow, another solid pick. I nominate St. Louis as the team with the best draft so far...;D

Ya just can't go wrong in this draft!!!

agreed, pretty damn solid on paper.

ICON
03-04-2006, 05:09 PM
ICON you fleeced me. I had Brandon Williams locked in all the way. Back to the war room I go.Fleeced!!!Hilarious!

sorry about that, brandon is gonna make some team very happy! and what a still this late in the draft.;D

Mr. Trout
03-04-2006, 05:13 PM
sorry about that, brandon is gonna make some team very happy! and what a still this late in the draft.;D[/QUOTE]

The only way I really heard about him was that he was ranked third in the Senior Class for returning kicks. I was trying to get the Eagles a solid KR/PR guy.

ICON
03-04-2006, 05:27 PM
sorry about that, brandon is gonna make some team very happy! and what a still this late in the draft.;D

The only way I really heard about him was that he was ranked third in the Senior Class for returning kicks I was trying to get the Eagles a solid KR/PR guy.

He will start as a kick off return man but would BE A good 2ND WR in the next 3 year's,also i picked up drew from ucla to return punts and be the back up RB :thumbs:

This is a player at the wide receiver position that needs to play up to his athletic skills
Up to this point in his collegiate career he has yet fulfilled the degree of skill level I feel he posses, which he has multiple skill sets, he has the athletic ability to be a dangerous slot man, with the quickness, agility, and speed to be a difference maker
If he ever became a more integral part of the offense he could show his variety of skill packages, though the offense Wisconsin runs tends to feature the running game,

I also think he could be a dangerous return man on special teams, He does have somewhat questionable hands, hopefully he will overcome that with time, along with coaching and his own hard work

SoCalBronco
03-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Cleveland and PortisFanForever are on the clock

PortisFanForever
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Hey guys.. im traveling today and just have like 2 munutes to check in.. i should be fine by tomorrow to make my other pick in this round if it gets to my turn but for this pick can someone please give me the best OT on the board

Thanks guys

SpringStein
03-05-2006, 09:05 AM
Hey guys.. im traveling today and just have like 2 munutes to check in.. i should be fine by tomorrow to make my other pick in this round if it gets to my turn but for this pick can someone please give me the best OT on the board

Thanks guys

Browns select:

Jhari Evans, OT, Bloomsburg State

SpringStein
03-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Ravens and Mr. Peepers are on the clock at 8:05 am MST.

-Slap-
03-05-2006, 09:26 AM

Thanks guys
Thanks for letting us keep things moving. The courtesy is appreciated.

:thumbsup:

MrPeepers
03-05-2006, 11:29 AM
The Ravens in round 5 pick 141 select C Patrick Ross Boston College

Pick 29 - Max Jean-Gilles, OG Georgia
Pick 41 - Darnell Bing, S USC
Pick 44 - Abdul Hodge, ILB Iowa
Pick 110 - Charles Bennett DE Clemson
Pick 141 - Patrick Ross C Boston College

Mr. Trout
03-05-2006, 11:41 AM
I am picking this guy because he is simply the most explosive on the board. Do the Eagles need him?? Maybe? They have Chad Jackson, they have Kiwi. This guy adds another dimension and his name is...Hopefully they let him return punts and kicks cuz the guy is electric in the open field. Plus he gives them depth at WR. Since they are losing TO, I think Chad Jackson and Jovon can carry the torch.

Jovon Bouknight, WR, Wyoming

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-03-Sun-2002/photos/unlvhawk.jpg

Mr. Trout
03-05-2006, 11:42 AM
Jovon is lightning quick, and is always where the action is. He was one of the top receivers in the MWC in 2004, finishing only 1 yard short of Parris Warren for the lead in total yards. This year was a defining year for Jovon to repeat the kind of production that he had in 2004. Jovon hopes to be noticed in this very weak WR class of 2006. I think it's safe to say that he will be taken in the 3rd to 4th round if he can stay healthy and has good workout numbers. His versatility in the return game adds immensely to his value. For much of the 2005 season, Jovon held the nation's longest consecutive game catch streak. He has one of the best pair of hands in all of college football, and is deadly in the open field with his ability to pick up big yards after the catch. At the combine, Jovon impressed in his second run after catching with his body in the first go. He has a very fluid catching motion and runs well in concentration. Jovon is the real deal, probably the best prospect to ever come out of Wyoming. I fully expect Jovon to be a hot commodity for the 2006 NFL draft because of his versatility, toughness and tenacity. Jovon was also a quarterback in high school and has the added dimension of being a threat the throw the ball in a trick package.

Mr. Trout
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Eagles haul so far:

Mathias Kiwanuka
Chad Jackson
Kyle Williams
James Anderson
Jovon Bouknight

SoCalBronco
03-05-2006, 12:20 PM
FADERPROOF and the Falcons are up to bat.

FADERPROOF
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM
Easy pick for me right here...

The Atlanta Falcons select: Dontrelle Moore, RB, New Mexico.

Pick made at 2:30 PM EST.

SoCalBronco
03-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Mock and the Vikings are on the clock

24champ
03-05-2006, 01:58 PM
I am picking this guy because he is simply the most explosive on the board. Do the Eagles need him?? Maybe? They have Chad Jackson, they have Kiwi. This guy adds another dimension and his name is...Hopefully they let him return punts and kicks cuz the guy is electric in the open field. Plus he gives them depth at WR. Since they are losing TO, I think Chad Jackson and Jovon can carry the torch.

Jovon Bouknight, WR, Wyoming

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Nov-03-Sun-2002/photos/unlvhawk.jpg
I like your pick but hate the pic LOL next year Rocky Hinds will be MVP of the MWC....

Faderproof great pick also!

FADERPROOF
03-05-2006, 02:30 PM
I like your pick but hate the pic LOL next year Rocky Hinds will be MVP of the MWC....

Faderproof great pick also!

Thanks, I'm pleasantly surprised that he was still there in round 5, especially since no RB had been taken for over 1 full round basically.

Moore is just what the Falcons need to replace Warrick Dunn, smaller sppedster back that can bust tackles and create some big gains on the ground. He isnt much of a blocker and won't be a great 3rd down back, but his explosiveness is what the Falcons are looking at.

DBroncos4life
03-05-2006, 06:00 PM
picked 105 mock

watermock
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Sheesh...I looked three times before I saw him....hold on...woulda been sweet....

I'm going to Subway and I'll get a pick going...it's tough going now...There's a kid from Iowa's OL that I'm going to take but I gotta find him.

Oh hell...just give me Ed Hinkle WR Iowa. He's kinda like Eddy Mac or Joe V in style. A little smaller tho. But every time they needed a first down...Tate glues on Hinkle..Plus with Moss gone and Burleson aparently being shopped or whatever...it's a need and I'm tired of trying to remember what that Iowa player was...hell...I couldn't even find a depth chart that wasn't a prediction. Hinkle will be a starter, he's pretty good. This IS the 5th round.

eddie mac
03-05-2006, 06:53 PM
That him Mock?

OT NR Ben Gates SR 6-6/286/- Iowa

SpringStein
03-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Boyz and LB 52 are on the clock.

Bronco LB 59
03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
With the 146th pick in the draft, the Dallas Cowboys select Joe Toledo, OT Washington.

Toledo stands at 6-5, 320 lbs and is a tremendous athlete who used to play tight end for the Huskies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/JoeToledo.jpg

Clockwork Orange
03-05-2006, 08:19 PM
orangefan is now on the clock.

SoCalBronco
03-05-2006, 08:21 PM
orangefan has PMed me his selection since he is out till Wednesday.

San Diego selects Tim McGairigle ILB Northwestern.

PortisFanForever and the Browns are back on the clock.

BlitzingDog
03-05-2006, 08:50 PM
That him Mock?

OT NR Ben Gates SR 6-6/286/- Iowa

bbbbbbbbbbbb nevermind

PortisFanForever
03-05-2006, 09:40 PM
MARCUS MAXEY CB MIAMI U

Strengths:
Has great size...A good athlete with excellent speed and quickness...Has a knack for making big plays...An outstanding leaper with good ball skills...Has good instincts...Physical and a good tackler...Very strong...Hard worker and team player...Very consistent performer...A top special teams player...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Has only one year of starting experience...Still somewhat raw and needs to refine his technique and master the nuances of the game...Might have been aided by a strong supporting cast...Was 2005 a fluke?...Might be more of a workout warrior?

Notes:
Unheralded player who didn't get much attention due to the talent around him but could surprise...Actually beat out Devin Hester for the starting cornerback job...Has all the tools you look for in a corner and could soar up boards as the draft nears.

Pick was made at 10:41 Eastern

The Redskins and Crushaholic are now on the clock

SoCalBronco
03-05-2006, 09:44 PM
MARCUS MAXEY CB MIAMI U

Strengths:
Has great size...A good athlete with excellent speed and quickness...Has a knack for making big plays...An outstanding leaper with good ball skills...Has good instincts...Physical and a good tackler...Very strong...Hard worker and team player...Very consistent performer...A top special teams player...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Has only one year of starting experience...Still somewhat raw and needs to refine his technique and master the nuances of the game...Might have been aided by a strong supporting cast...Was 2005 a fluke?...Might be more of a workout warrior?

Notes:
Unheralded player who didn't get much attention due to the talent around him but could surprise...Actually beat out Devin Hester for the starting cornerback job...Has all the tools you look for in a corner and could soar up boards as the draft nears.

Pick was made at 10:41 Eastern

The Redskins and Crushaholic are now on the clock

Very good pick. Maxey is really underrated. Beat out Hester this year for the starting position and played well. Very speedy corner.

Clockwork Orange
03-05-2006, 10:18 PM
Crushaholic is on the clock.

Pick Six
03-05-2006, 10:36 PM
The Redskins went the small-school route to find a potential hidden gem. The Washington Redskins select Jason Hatcher, DE Grambling State

Height: 6-6 | Weight: 285 | 40-Time: 4.75

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has outstanding size and a huge frame that he can still bulk up further...Athletic with good speed for his size...Intense and has a great motor...Physical...Can penetrate and knows how to get after the quarterback...Was very productive.

Weaknesses:
Did not play against a high level of competition...Technique needs work and he plays too high at times...Might be a bit of a 'tweener...Got by on his talent because he was so much better than the competition...Raw and will need to be developed.

Notes:
Averaged 20 tackles for loss and 10 sacks the last two seasons...Could potentially bulk up and play some defensive tackle or be a 3-4 defensive end...Was quite dominant at his level...One of the premier sleeper prospects in the entire draft.

The pick was made at 10:35 pm CST. Herc and the Chiefs are on the clock...

Mr. Trout
03-05-2006, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=24champbailey]I like your pick but hate the pic LOL next year Rocky Hinds will be MVP of the MWC....

That must be the quy getting smoked by Jovon...better work on his tackling a little...Good thing he doesn't have to face his master next year.

24champ
03-06-2006, 12:05 AM
[quote=24champbailey]I like your pick but hate the pic LOL next year Rocky Hinds will be MVP of the MWC....

That must be the quy getting smoked by Jovon...better work on his tackling a little...Good thing he doesn't have to face his master next year.
Rocky Hinds is not in the Picture you had up, he transferred from USC because of a lack of playing time behind Leinart . 2-3 years ago this guy was considered the best quarterback recruit in the Nation. Why did he picked UNLV of all college football programs? I have to say because of the offense they run and he will get his stats just look at Alex Smith at Utah. Besides possessing a strong passing arm, he also has been timed at 10.47 in the 100 meters and 4.42 in the 40-yard dash, and has high-jumped 6-7. Slap should know about him too. Hey slap Rocky will wear number 7 this year :yayaya:

Mr. Trout
03-06-2006, 12:13 AM
[quote=Mr. Trout]
Rocky Hinds is not in the Picture you had up, he transferred from USC because of a lack of playing time behind Leinart . 2-3 years ago this guy was considered the best quarterback recruit in the Nation. Why did he picked UNLV of all college football programs? I have to say because of the offense they run and he will get his stats just look at Alex Smith at Utah. Besides possessing a strong passing arm, he also has been timed at 10.47 in the 100 meters and 4.42 in the 40-yard dash, and has high-jumped 6-7. Slap should know about him too. Hey slap Rocky will wear number 7 this year :yayaya:

Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for him.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Wake up Herc. I don't want to give you too much time to steal my pick :)

Pick Six
03-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Wake up Herc. I don't want to give you too much time to steal my pick :)

His time IS officially up, though...

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-06-2006, 11:49 AM
OK - In the fifth round the Carolina Panthers select Paul Pinegar, QB, Fresno St. Good size, good arm, adequate runner, excellent vision, reading receivers/defense and at game management. Not the upside of some of the big name QBs but might be the one who is most ready to step on to an NFL field. He will be theri starter by the end of the 2007 season.

Rascal
03-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Why did Miami's pick get forfeited?

Pick Six
03-06-2006, 11:55 AM
While we're waiting for Hercules Peterson...err...Rockefeller, Tampa Bay (SpringStein) is on the clock...

ColoradoBuff
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Why did Miami's pick get forfeited?

I was wondering the same thing!:approve:

NFLBRONCO
03-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing!:approve:

Miami used Supp. Pick on Manuel Wright DT USC last summer.

-Slap-
03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Miami used Supp. Pick on Manuel Wright DT USC last summer.
Then they made him cry.

NFLBRONCO
03-06-2006, 01:10 PM
Via Proxy with the 152 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select:

Freddie Roach. LB, Alabama

Springstein is on business trip and asked me to make pick. I will forward his PM to CO and SoCal to make it legit if need be.

2:10 EST 1:10 CST 12:10 MST 11:20 PST

DBroncos4life
03-06-2006, 01:12 PM
My target is still on the board and I don't have anymore picks. Someone draft him! I knew that the Pack didnt' have a 7th round pick but I wasn't aware of them not having a 6th rounder. If I did I would have tried harder to get another pick. I think we should start this over. Really though I would do things different now knowing that the Pack resigned that DE that was a FA.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
My target is still on the board and I don't have anymore picks. Someone draft him! I knew that the Pack didnt' have a 7th round pick but I wasn't aware of them not having a 6th rounder. If I did I would have tried harder to get another pick. I think we should start this over. Really though I would do things different now knowing that the Pack resigned that DE that was a FA.
Ok which bugeater are you pimping now :)

DBroncos4life
03-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Ok which bugeater are you pimping now :)
no its not a Husker. If the three did get picked that I had targeted and if LeKevin Smith was still there then I would have gone with him. Hes a pretty good player and the 6th round still gives him value.

Pick Six
03-06-2006, 02:09 PM
no its not a Husker. If the three did get picked that I had targeted and if LeKevin Smith was still there then I would have gone with him. Hes a pretty good player and the 6th round still gives him value.

When I saw his name was pronounced Le KEE-vin, I laughed and thought to myself "what a moron". He's probably a good player, though...

DBroncos4life
03-06-2006, 02:11 PM
When I saw his name was pronounced Le KEE-vin, I laughed and thought to myself "what a moron". He's probably a good player, though...
Hes the reason why CU got killed by Texas in the B12 chamionship game instead of NU.

Clockwork Orange
03-06-2006, 03:38 PM
KillerBronco76 is on the clock.

Pick Six
03-06-2006, 06:12 PM
KillerBronco76 is on the clock.

...but Herc can still make his pick at any time...

SpringStein
03-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Via Proxy with the 152 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Tampa Bay Bucs select:

Freddie Roach. LB, Alabama

Springstein is on business trip and asked me to make pick. I will forward his PM to CO and SoCal to make it legit if need be.

2:10 EST 1:10 CST 12:10 MST 11:20 PST

Yep, that's good.

(Thanks, Paul.)

Hercules Rockefeller
03-06-2006, 09:01 PM
The Chiefs will not be picking anymore because their GM has reached his limits on knowledge of this year's prospects.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Chiefs pick- Terna Nande, OLB Miami (OH)

Thanks for the suggestions DB4L and Springstein

DBroncos4life
03-06-2006, 09:32 PM

I would hate to see KC land a guy with his abilities this late in the draft but I think it was a very good pick. I don't know if he would have fallen to me had I had a 6th round pick and now I never will, which makes me feel better :)

BlitzingDog
03-06-2006, 09:56 PM
Jason Hatcher, Freddie Roach and Marcus Maxey are very nice picks.

KillerBronco#76
03-07-2006, 12:07 AM
The Bengals choose Eric Henderson, DE, Georgia Tech

Ko Simpson, S
Elvis Dumervil, DE
Babatunde Oshinowo,DT
David Thomas, TE
Eric Henderson, De

how you guys think im doin

Pick Six
03-07-2006, 12:10 AM
The Giants (Ray Finkle) are on the clock...

WABronco
03-07-2006, 01:13 AM
The Bengals choose Eric Henderson, DE, Georgia Tech

Ko Simpson, S
Elvis Dumervil, DE
Babatunde Oshinowo,DT
David Thomas, TE
Eric Henderson, De

how you guys think im doin

Dat's pretty good...pretty good haul. Maybe taking a risk with Dumervil, but you can't deny his production too much IMO.

Ray Finkle
03-07-2006, 07:03 AM
The Giants select:

Barry Cofield DT Northwestern
Strengths:
Has good size and a big frame...Athletic with good speed and quickness...Very strong and powerful...Plays with good leverage and gets a push...Does a superb job of locating the ball...Stout at the point and defends the run very well...Smart with good intangibles...Has a lot of experience and proved to be very durable.

Weaknesses:
Is not a great pass rusher or sack artist...Tends to wear down and needs to increase his stamina...Lacks a nasty demeanor on the field and can be more aggressive...Never focused on one position...Might be a DE / DT 'tweener.

Notes:
Played defensive tackle as a freshman and senior and then defensive end in between...Could play in the middle of a 4-3 or even shift outside to defensive end in a 3-4 scheme...The type who does everything well but nothing great...Definitely has some intriguing physical tools and the success Luis Castillo had should help.

8:03 EST

Drek
03-07-2006, 09:51 AM
Bears 5th round pick:
Chris Chester, OL, Oklahoma

Can play all over the line, very impressive combine, former TE still needs some polish.

Bears draft so far:

2a. Maurice Stovall, WR, ND
2b. Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina
3a. Darryl Tapp, DE, VaTech
3b. Anthony Fasano, TE, ND
4a. Stephen Tulloch, LB, NCST
4b. Ryan Cook, OL, New Mexico
5. Chris Chester, OL, Oklahoma

SpringStein
03-07-2006, 10:04 AM
Jags and Arkie are on the clock
Broncos and OC are on deck.

Clockwork Orange
03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Broncos and OC are on deck.

When did I become the offensive coordinator? ;D

Arkie
03-07-2006, 12:17 PM
The Jags select Keith Ellison, OLB, Oregon St.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/usc/galleries/m-footbl-110604/usc-07-lg.jpg

“Keith has lightning reactions. When he sees something, he pounces. You see that blur to the ball, and it’s him.” - Beaver's coach Mike Riley

Pick Six
03-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Broncos and CO now on the clock...

Clockwork Orange
03-07-2006, 01:45 PM
The Denver Broncos select Leon Washington, RB Florida State.

http://www.staugustine.com/images/091904/sports03.jpg

1. Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
2. Charles Spencer, OG Pitt
3. Ray Edwards, DE Purdue
4a. Jeremy Bloom, WR/KR/PR Colorado
4b. Roman Harper, S Alabama
5. Leon Washington, RB Florida State

Pick made at 12:45 P.M. MST. Mediator is on the clock

FADERPROOF
03-07-2006, 03:19 PM

That, right there, is a great pick.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Am I seeing things or did an OSU fan just compliment a Cane? :)

SpringStein
03-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Am I seeing things or did an OSU fan just compliment a Cane? :)

Miami (OH) not FL! ;)

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Miami (OH) not FL! ;)

Sorry - I knew it could not be true :)

Drek
03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Yep, I was hoping he'd be there three picks later for me. ;P

-Slap-
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
What is your opinion of Darrell Hunter?

ColoradoBuff
03-07-2006, 06:08 PM
The Denver Broncos select Leon Washington, RB Florida State.

http://www.staugustine.com/images/091904/sports03.jpg

Pick made at 12:45 P.M. MST. Mediator is on the clock

Great pick! I was hoping he would last till my next pick.

BlitzingDog
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Keith Ellison will be a steal!

BlitzingDog
03-07-2006, 07:37 PM

Hunter is big and fast. Would like to see him more physical for a good guy, still too raw in coverage. Would have liked to se him develop a lot more than he did his JR to SR year, at one time he looked like a solid 2nd rounder, but he just never progressed, a development guy, has the tools has the great speed/size combo. Probably a 4-5 round guy.

24champ
03-08-2006, 12:58 AM
I believe Mini Bronco is on the clock now since Mediator didnt make his pick yet.

SoCalBronco
03-08-2006, 12:59 AM
I believe Mini Bronco is on the clock now since Mediator didnt make his pick yet.

Med still has about 45 mins.

minibronco
03-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Seahawks Select:

Jerious Norwood, RB | MISSISSIPPI ST.

SINORICE MOSS, WR | MIAMI (FL)
CHARLES GORDON, CB | KANSAS
BRODIE CROYLE, QB | ALABAMA
MARK ANDERSON, DE | ALABAMA
JERIOUS NORWOOD, RB | MISSISSIPPI ST.

24champ
03-08-2006, 01:14 AM
theres still 30 minutes for mediator, mini.

Pick Six
03-08-2006, 02:49 AM
We're still waiting for Mediator, but TheManeMan (Steelers) is now on the clock to finish out Round 5...

Mediator12
03-08-2006, 08:14 AM
IND takes Kevin Simon OLB/MLB TENNESSEE

SpringStein
03-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Simon here is interesting - was certainly an excellent player - but will be ever be the same again from the knee injury? High risk/reward selection...

SoCalBronco
03-08-2006, 12:22 PM
IND takes Kevin Simon OLB/MLB TENNESSEE

Excellent pick

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 12:41 PM
TheManeMan is on the clock.

24champ
03-08-2006, 12:47 PM
wow i have two picks in the sixth round hmmmmm.

TheManeMan
03-08-2006, 01:42 PM
With the 160th pick in the OM mock draft...the Pittsburgh Steelers select...RB out of Virginia...

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/news/sports/clemson/2004football/100704/CLEMSON_VIRGINIA/images/CU_UVA_030.jpg

Wali Lundy

orangefan
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I think I have 3. #'s 175 177,and 178

Pick Six
03-08-2006, 03:13 PM
TheDave is on the clock...if he can take a break from zombie Wal-Mart...Ha!

TheDave
03-08-2006, 03:35 PM
With the first pick in the 6th round the houston texans select...

Titus Adams Defensive Tackle | Senior | Nebraska Titus Adams

Height: 6-3 3/8 | Weight: 306 | 40-Time: 5.14

Strengths:
An excellent athlete with good speed and quickness who moves well...Has a big, solid frame with long arms...Excels at clogging the middle of the line and stuffing the run...Does a good job of shedding blocks...Versatile...Smart player with good intangibles...Has a lot of experience and was very durable...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Provides very little in terms of a pass rush...Has an inconsistent motor...Probably needs to lose some weight...Tends to wear down and lacks stamina...Has to hit the weights...With his ability you would have expected him to be more productive.

Notes:
Was a top recruit coming out of high school...Saw action at defensive end, defensive tackle and even tight end during his career...Prospect with some interesting physical tools to develop but you wonder if the light will ever come on.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 03:37 PM
24champbailey is on the clock.

FADERPROOF
03-08-2006, 03:49 PM

Darrell Hunter reminds me alot of Ike Taylor(UL-Lafeyette and now Pittsburgh Steeler.)

Speed kills and Hunter might be the top CB in terms of pure athletic ability, but has coverage reading problems and isn't good with getting physical, much like Ike Taylor as those were his big question marks coming out of college.

Both had the talent, especially the speed, but right now it looks as though Ike is turning into a quality pro as he is now starting for the Steelers, and I wouldn't be shocked at all to see Hunter follow that path.

Taylor was a 3rd round pick I believe, Hunter will go in thr 4th round probably, but the major upside is certainly there.

24champ
03-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Saints select

Drouzon Quillen | #18

Wide Receiver - Louisiana Monroe

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 215

While LSU might have the more household names at wide receiver, the best wide receiver in the state might be from the tiny D-1 Louisiana Monroe Indians. His size is incredible, and he has the ability to exploit matchups against smaller defensive backs. He has the physical ability to outmuscle defenders and make the catch. Even with his big size, he is as fast as anyone, he is also a long strider to go along with that speed. His deep play threat factor is scary, and he is always a target for a big play. His hands are also pretty reliable, but could use some work as he drops a pass every once in awhile. One big flaw that could improve is his mechanics catching the ball. It seems too often that he catches the ball with his body, he will need to work at that to become a better receiver prospect. I absolutely love his potential, he could be a great wide receiver at the next level. While it is very uncommon to see small school players declare early for the draft, Quillen could be an exception. With some solid workout numbers, he could be a third round pick this year, but if he decides to stay another year, I think he has the potential to be a first round selection in 2007.

Strengths:
• Has great size
• Exploits matchups
• Is fast and a long strider
• Is quite physically gifted

Will be a nice grab for New Orleans because he is a hometown kid.

Clockwork Orange
03-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Hawk's Boys are on the clock.

ColoradoBuff
03-09-2006, 09:36 AM
With the 163rd pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Tennessee Titans select.......OT Rashad Butler, Univ. of Miami, FL.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#1f6884><TD style="BACKGROUND: url(http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/bluegradient.gif) repeat-y" colSpan=2>Rashad Butler</TD></TR><TR><TD align=right colSpan=2>Height: 6-4 <SUP>5/8</SUP> | Weight: 293 | 40-Time: 5.30 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpics/ot/rashadbutler.jpg
Official Bio (http://hurricanesports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/butler_rashad00.html)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/two.gif </TD><TD vAlign=top>Strengths:
Has good size with a lanky frame and long arms...Excellent athlete with good quickness...Light on his feet and displays great footwork...Solid technician and plays with good leverage...Mobile and can get to the second level...Big upside.

Weaknesses:
Undersized and needs to bulk up but has the frame to do so...Is not very powerful and needs to get stronger...Is not very stout at the point and can get pushed back on bull rushes...May lack a killer instinct...Has dealt with some ankle injuries.

Notes:
Was overshadowed by Eric Winston but some scouts think Butler might be an even better prospect...Could possibly play left tackle at the pro level...Needs to develop physically but definitely has the tools to work with and a lot of potential.

Pick was made at 8:37 AM Mountain Time.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pick Six
03-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Nice pick, Hawk's Boys. The Jets (Rascal) is on the clock...

ColoradoBuff
03-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Nice pick, Hawk's Boys. The Jets (Rascal) is on the clock...

Thanks....been wanting to take an OT to fill in for Hopkins.

Rascal
03-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I have no idea who to draft.

I thought we were going to quit after round 6.

Arkansas Bronco
03-09-2006, 12:18 PM

this is round 6.

Rascal
03-09-2006, 12:19 PM
yeah i meant round 5.

Pick Six
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM

Hopefully, we'll get through all 7 rounds...

Rascal
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Alright I found a guy I like although he is a project (but who isn't this late) but he could be the next Brady...

The Jets select:

Erik Meyer
Height: 6-1 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.69

Official Bio

Strengths:
A very accurate passer...Has a tremendous arm...Smart player who is always in control of the offense...Makes very few mistakes...Can move a little and avoid pressure...Is a good natural athlete...Sees the field and can read a defense well...Is a gamer who has that extra something which is hard to define...Tremendous player at his level of competition...Top intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Has not played against the type of elite athletes and talent he will see at the next level so the jump will be a major culture shock for him...Will try to do too much and take too many chances...Doesn't have great size...Speed is only average although he plays faster with the pads on...Needs to refine his mechanics...Still a project.

Notes:
Also an excellent baseball player who was drafted by both the Cincinnati Reds and San Francisco Giants...One of the top sleeper prospects in the draft and a guy who at the very least should be brought in as a developmental signal caller.

Jets draft thus far:

Reggie Bush
Brederick Bunkley
Daryn Colledge
Anwar Phillips
Erik Meyer

Pick Six
03-09-2006, 02:54 PM
New Orleans (24champbailey) is back on the clock...

24champ
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Saints select FB/RB Lawrence Vickers of CU.

Lawrence Vickers | #17

Fullback - Colorado

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235
Lawrence Vickers in a very intriguing prospect in this Year's draft because of his well tuned versatility. He is a bit of an enigma on whether he is a fullback or a running back at the next level. As of now, I would definitely say a fullback, but running back is still not out of the question. He is good runner, strong, and comparatively powerful, but also has moderate speed for someone his size. Another excellent element to his game is that he can be a main threat as a receiver catching passes out of the backfield. He is a smart runner with good vision for holes and gaps in the defense. Another good feature to his game is that he is a decent blocker. One big question I have surrounding Vickers is that, does he have quick enough acceleration to burst through a hole, or will the hole close down before he can get through it? While he is very fast for a fullback, he is not at the top tier in terms of speed for a running back at the next level. As of now, the jury isn't out, but if I had to guess, I would probably go with fullback. Expect Vickers to be drafted towards the middle of the second day, and to probably be the first fullback taken in the draft.

Strengths:
• Is a good runner for a fullback
• Has solid fullback speed
• Excellent vision
• Decent blocker
• Threat out of backfield

Rascal
03-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey honestly, was my pick bad?

ColoradoBuff
03-09-2006, 04:39 PM
Saints select FB/RB Lawrence Vickers of CU.

That is one heck of a steal!!!

ColoradoBuff
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM

Never heard of him bud, sorry.LOL

24champ
03-09-2006, 04:58 PM
probably would have been available in round 7, do you have a pick in round 7? If not I could understand. Who knows, we could all go wow what a great pick in 4 years from now.

Rascal
03-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Yeah I have a pick in round 7. I had him and two others that I wanted but I figured he was the one more likely to be taken.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-09-2006, 06:27 PM

No such thing as a bad pick. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Most guys think Angela Jolie is good looking - I don't. He may turn out to be the next superstar or he may be forgotten by September.

Pick Six
03-09-2006, 06:39 PM
The 49ers (SoCal) now on the clock...

Ray Finkle
03-09-2006, 07:02 PM

I don't know...I am pretty clueless after round 2....looks good to me :thumbs:

SoCalBronco
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
This is a sleeper prospect that I was considering as high as the third round. We have already drafted one 3-4 DE prospect in Miami's DT Orien Harris. Im going to take another here.

SF selects Georgia DT Kedric Golston.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Player/21158_Kedric-Golston-2002-NMSU.JPG

Snippets from the Shrine Game and practices where he stood out:

DT 97 Kedric Golston - Georgia - Optimal body type for 3-4 defensive end, good push up field with bull rush and a finisher stopping the play in the backfield.
http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/EastWest.cfm

Kedric Golston gave the SEC two terrific defensive tackle performances today. The former Georgia standout bull rushed his way through all of the eastern offensive linemen throughout the day.
http://nfldraft.scout.com/2/490079.html

NFLDraftShowCase compares him to Richard Seymour although he is not quite in that pure skill level:
Golston is similar to former Georgia DT Richard Seymour. He isn't in Seymour's class, but he has good skills and projects well to the 3-4.
http://www.draftshowcase.com/34de.htm

Kedric is also a hard worker, technically smart and a high character guy that will enhance SF's lockerroom.

2004 -- Named recipient of True Grit Award and Outstanding Defensive Lineman at conclusion of spring...recorded one tackle and one sack in annual spring game...named to pre-season All-SEC third team by SEC Coaches...his 16 QB hurries ranked second best on the team...All-SEC honorable mention by The Associated Press ...recipient of the Coaches Leadership Award for defense at the conclusion of the 2004 season...recipient of Victors Club Award for outstanding grades in eight or more games...part of team that posted 42-10 record from 2001-04 (sixth best in the country), three straight seasons of 10 or more wins, three straight bowl victories, and three consecutive national top six finishes... 2005 - One of the most effective team leaders of the '05 Bulldogs....hampered by elbow injury during mid-season, he still played in ten games including nine starts....his 27 QB pressures was second best on the team...helped lead the defense that held LSU to 74 yards rushing in the SEC Championship Game... winner of 2005 Leon Farmer Strength and Conditioning Award....part of class that earned 44 victories--most by any senior class in Georgia history....elected by teammates as the permanent defensive co-captain of the '05 Bulldog defense....invited to play in the East-West Shrine post season all-star game...Major: Child and Family Development

Pick made at 6:35 PST. Oskie and Oakland are on the clock.

San Francisco 49ers
1 Marcedes Lewis TE UCLA
2A Demetrius Williams WR Oregon
2B Stanley McClover DE Auburn (will be converted to 3-4 OLB)
3A Orien Harris DT Miami (Fla.) (will be coverted to 3-4 DE)
3B Nick Mangold C Ohio State
4 Will Blackmon CB Boston College
5 Charlie Peprah S Alabama
6 Kedric Golston DT Georgia (will be converted to 3-4 DE)

SoCalBronco
03-09-2006, 10:28 PM
Looks like I got SpringStein's sixth rounder as well via the Tim Rattay trade. Didnt know that. Gotta update the Big Board.

Woo hoo..more picks!!

http://www.draftinsiders.com/8.html

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
hey - how did the Foreskins get my 6th round Pick? I'm Stting on a big time winner here. :)

SoCalBronco
03-09-2006, 10:35 PM
hey - how did the Foreskins get my 6th round Pick? I'm Stting on a big time winner here. :)

Rod Gardner trade.

DBroncos4life
03-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Thats what happened to me. I lost my 6th and 7th picks to guys not on my team anymore. Well I guess it works out because I now have Rod Gardner on my team. :)

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Rod Gardner trade.

If you steal my pick - I'll become his agent and have him hold out. :)

SoCalBronco
03-09-2006, 10:57 PM
If you steal my pick - I'll become his agent and have him hold out. :)

Well...there are still about 5 or 6 guys I am looking at in this draft, so I want to choose 3 from those 5,6 (im going to try to trade my early 7th to some of the teams who have two mid to late 7ths) so there is a chance we could both be looking at the same guy.

Actually you could move up if you wanted to Big Guy, since you are one of the teams that have two 7th round picks (Denver's- Sauerbrun). You could trade up into the late sixth to get your guy.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-09-2006, 11:01 PM
I'll take my chances. There are probaly only a couple of people here that have seen my guy play.

BTW I love the Golston pick Reminds me of Ken Karcher.

SpringStein
03-10-2006, 07:27 AM
Looks like I got SpringStein's sixth rounder as well via the Tim Rattay trade. Didnt know that. Gotta update the Big Board.

Woo hoo..more picks!!

http://www.draftinsiders.com/8.html

At least I won't have to pick a qb this round. ;)

JCMElway
03-10-2006, 12:04 PM
How long does OSKIE have to select?

Pick Six
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
How long does OSKIE have to select?

His time has been up for about 3 hours or so. The Cardinals (Arkansas Bronco) is free to pick...

Arkansas Bronco
03-10-2006, 02:03 PM
His time has been up for about 3 hours or so. The Cardinals (Arkansas Bronco) is free to pick...
wow i didnt realize I was up must do research real quick.

Arkansas Bronco
03-10-2006, 02:18 PM
@2:25 central time Arizona selects Issac Sowells OT 6-4 334 Indiana.
He played OT in col. but i will move him over to guard do to his size and he realy doesnt have the hieght as most NFL OT have.

Pick Six
03-10-2006, 02:32 PM
The Bills (eddie mac) are on the clock...

eddie mac
03-10-2006, 04:33 PM
The Buffalo Bills select Jonathan Orr WR Wisconsin 6-2 198

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Excellent timed speed...Can really stretch a field vertically...Athletic and is a good leaper...Has good hands and will catch the ball away from his body...Runs well after the catch...Has good ball skills...Still has a lot of potential and might have been underutilized in the Badgers run-first offense.

Weaknesses:
Was not nearly as productive as you would expect a player with his abilities to be...Does not play as fast as he times...Has a tough time getting open...Needs to get stronger...Is not a great blocker...Struggles to read defensive coverages.

Notes:
Is he more Chris Chambers or Tony Simmons?...Inconsistent player who shows flashes of brilliance one minute but disappears the next...A boom or bust type who has all the physical tools you look for and just needs to finally put it all together.

Bills Draft so far

1. Michael Huff DB Texas
2. Leonard Pope TE Georgia
3A Victor Adeyanju- DE Indiana
3B Jeremy Trueblood, OT B.C.
4 Jesse Mahelona, DT Tennessee
5 Kevin Boothe OG Cornell
6 Jonathan Orr WR Wisconsin

PICK MADE AT 5-30 PM EST

Pick Six
03-10-2006, 04:38 PM
JCMElway PMed me the Lions pick:

Dwayne Slay, S, Texas Tech, 6-3 1/2, 216

Detroit will look to punish and intimidate on Defense.

Positives:
One thing is for sure: whoever gets Dwayne Slay is getting a quarterback killer. He is a hard-hitting safety and a great tackler who plays more like a linebacker. He has great size for a free safety – the type of size (6-3, 214) that NFL GMs drool over. The best thing you can say about Slay is that he makes plays. In 2005, he posted a Texas Tech record eight forced fumbles to go along with his 101 tackles.

Negatives:
Slay’s coverage skills are largely unproven at the college level, and it shows in his career interception number of one. He is a bit slow for an NFL free safety and may have trouble keeping up with the speedsters he’ll have to stay on top of as a result. There are also serious questions about his experience, as he has only started for one season in college.

Big plays and big hits are his forte, but sometimes Slay ends up missing sure tackles while going for broke. If that continues, he’ll find himself looking for playing time in the NFL.

Overview:
Slay is the type of player NFL defensive coordinators love. He makes game-changing plays and delivers the kind of hits that make offensive players think twice about going over the middle. That said, his lack of speed and proven coverage skills are hurting his draft stock for the time being. Slay looks to be a third or fourth rounder pending his performance at the NFL combine. Expect a good showing, and watch as his stock rises.

This pick was made 4:35 pm CST. The Browns (PortisFanForever) are on the clock...

SpringStein
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
The Buffalo Bills select Jonathan Orr WR Wisconsin 6-2 198

Wow - what an oversight - he should have gone long before now - great snag!!

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow and Wow - same thing for Slay

eddie mac
03-10-2006, 04:58 PM

Thanks bro, 2 receivers who I was looking at in the 4th were still on the board here so I went with the fastest one. Looks like Moulds is sticking around now so he'll battle Parrish for the 3rd WR spot.

eddie mac
03-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Wow and Wow - same thing for Slay

There's still some decent 3rd-4th rd projections available.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2006, 02:04 PM
Cleveland's time expired awhile ago. Baltimore and MrPeepers are on the clock.

MrPeepers
03-11-2006, 02:44 PM
can't select for a few more hours, at work till later.

PortisFanForever
03-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Charlie Peprah SAFETY Alabama

Strengths:
A great natural athlete...Very smooth and fluid...Has good ball skills and a nose for the interception...Plays faster than he runs in shorts...Versatile and has starting experience at multiple positions...Excels in coverage...Aggressive and is not afraid of contact...Hard worker...A four-year starter with tons of experience in the SEC.

Notes:
Grandfather, I.G. Achampong, was head of state of Ghana, West Africa in the early 1970's...Played his first two seasons at corner then was moved to strong safety and could get looks at either position...Underrated player who could be a steal.

SoCalBronco
03-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Charlie Peprah SAFETY Alabama

Strengths:
A great natural athlete...Very smooth and fluid...Has good ball skills and a nose for the interception...Plays faster than he runs in shorts...Versatile and has starting experience at multiple positions...Excels in coverage...Aggressive and is not afraid of contact...Hard worker...A four-year starter with tons of experience in the SEC.

Notes:
Grandfather, I.G. Achampong, was head of state of Ghana, West Africa in the early 1970's...Played his first two seasons at corner then was moved to strong safety and could get looks at either position...Underrated player who could be a steal.

I already selected him in the fifth round.

PortisFanForever
03-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Browns select

Scott Ware Safety Southern Cal

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Is very tough and physical...A big hitter who can lay the lumber...Athletic with good speed...Strong and a hard worker...Has the ability and demeanor to really excel on special teams...Still has some upside.

Notes:
Transfer from Santa Rosa (Calif.) Junior College...More of an in-the-box type but has the physical tools to be an all-around performer...Has the potential to develop and could be a bit of a sleeper who didn't get a lot of attention with the Trojans.

Broncoman13
03-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry all, my flight home was delayed and I spent a good portion of my day yesterday and today traveling.

The Faid select: Leon Williams
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 245 | 40-Time: 4.54

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent size and a good frame...A tremendous natural athlete...Great speed and quickness...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Has good range and goes sideline-to-sideline...Also a superb special teams player...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Only started six games his entire college career...Has questionable instincts for the middle...Has trouble in coverage and didn't play on passing downs...Doesn't play smart...Raw and technique needs work...Is probably a pretty big project.

Notes:
Has all the physical tools you look for but has just never been able to put it all together and translate that talent into on-field production...Could develop into a starter at the next level but will be chosen based almost solely on his potential.

Mr. Trout
03-11-2006, 11:18 PM
darn Eagles trading away their 6th round pick.

Mediator12
03-11-2006, 11:32 PM
darn Eagles trading away their 6th round pick.

Hey you had INDY's Fourth, be quiet ;D

Pick Six
03-12-2006, 02:53 AM
Baltimore and MrPeepers' time has expired. He can still jump in at any time with a pick, but Dallas (Bronco LB 52) is on the clock...

ColoradoBuff
03-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry all, my flight home was delayed and I spent a good portion of my day yesterday and today traveling.

The Faid select: Leon Williams
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 245 | 40-Time: 4.54

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent size and a good frame...A tremendous natural athlete...Great speed and quickness...Versatile and can play multiple positions...Has good range and goes sideline-to-sideline...Also a superb special teams player...Still has upside.

Weaknesses:
Only started six games his entire college career...Has questionable instincts for the middle...Has trouble in coverage and didn't play on passing downs...Doesn't play smart...Raw and technique needs work...Is probably a pretty big project.

Notes:
Has all the physical tools you look for but has just never been able to put it all together and translate that talent into on-field production...Could develop into a starter at the next level but will be chosen based almost solely on his potential.

Damnit!! I was hoping he would last till my first pick in the 7th. Great pick!

Bronco LB 59
03-12-2006, 11:37 AM
The Dallas Cowboys select Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/GregJennings.jpg

-Slap-
03-12-2006, 12:59 PM
With the 174th pick in the 2006 Orange Mane Draft the St Louis Rams select Will Montgomery C Virginia Tech.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/images/2004/montgomery.will.jpg

A former walk on, Montgomery started at guard for two years before shifting to center to replace Jake Grove last season.

Montgomery had an impressive Combine showing. He clocked a respectable 5.10 in the 40 at 6'3", 312 pounds and he blew away all the other centers on the bench press. His 35 reps at 225 were among the most of any player at the Combine and eight more reps than the next closest center managed.

This is also a need pick because the Rams starting center Andy McCollum turns 36 in a couple months.

St Louis Rams 2006 Draft Picks
1-11 - Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
2-43 - Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
3-77 - Kai Parham ILB Virginia
4-108 - Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado
5-139 - Darrell Hunter CB Miami (OH)
6-174 - Will Montgomery C Virginia Tech

MrPeepers
03-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Baltimore Ravens with pick #172 select

Andre Hall / RB / S. Florida

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/27/271122.jpg

Doesn't look like Lewis is coming back, Ravens will need some depth.

Previous Picks

Pick 29 - Max Jean-Gilles, OG Georgia
Pick 41 - Darnell Bing, S USC
Pick 44 - Abdul Hodge, ILB Iowa
Pick 110 - Charles Bennett DE Clemson
Pick 141 - Patrick Ross C Boston College

SoCalBronco
03-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Atlanta and FADERPROOF are on the clock

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-12-2006, 04:00 PM
The Dallas Cowboys select Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/GregJennings.jpg

There's another steal

SoCalBronco
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
FADERPROOF's time has expired. Mock and the Vikings are on the clock.

watermock
03-13-2006, 02:55 AM
Ben Gates, LT/OL, Iowa

A Lepsis clone. Moved from TE to RG to LT so he's versatile. Needs to get in the weight room and bulk up some. Coached under Ferenz so he should know how to study ect.

Pick Six
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
The Chiefs and Hercules now on the clock...

(with very little time left)

Pick Six
03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Herc's time has expired, and orangefan is up with the next TWO picks...

orangefan
03-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Still some very good late round values!
With pick # 178 San Diego selects Travis Wilson WR Oklahoma
Very productive junior year, had a foot injury that caused him to miss some time as a senior. Projected by most sites as a 3rd or 4th rounder.

And with pick #179 Bruce Grdkowski QB- Toledo
Had a completion average of over 70 percent in each of his last 2 years,
mobile and a good decision maker. The knock on him is his height at 6"2"

orangefan
03-13-2006, 04:25 PM
San Diego picks made @ 4:15 CST

FADERPROOF
03-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Atlanta Falcons select:Travis Wilson, WR, Oklahoma

Pick made at 6:05 EST.

Pick Six
03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
Atlanta Falcons select:Travis Wilson, WR, Oklahoma

Pick made at 6:05 EST.

Hmmm...technically, you were to pick before orangefan but you were late. Now, you and orangefan have drafted the same player. If I were you, I would work it out with orangefan to see who gets the pick.

My pick will be posted shortly...

FADERPROOF
03-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Hmmm...technically, you were to pick before orangefan but you were late. Now, you and orangefan have drafted the same player. If I were you, I would work it out with orangefan to see who gets the pick.

My pick will be posted shortly...

Slack-ass socal hasnt updated the front page board, so thats what I was going by.

Orangefan got Wilson, rules are rules and he got him before I did, I'll just check out my draft board and make another pick.

FADERPROOF
03-13-2006, 06:23 PM
Atlanta Falcons select: Tim Jennings, CB, Georgia

Pick Six
03-13-2006, 06:30 PM
The Washington Redskins select:

Calvin Lowry, S Penn State

Pros: OK size and quickness, a real solid tackler as a S. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Will go for the INT and make it. Great in run support and good at reading plays.
Cons: A bit undersized and can overcommit at times. Not the best in man coverage and not the greatest at blitzing. Not great recovery speed.

The pick was made 6:30 pm CST

Herc and the Chiefs are BACK on the clock. He still has an earlier pick to make, as well...

Hercules Rockefeller
03-13-2006, 09:56 PM
If I didn't know in the 5th, I sure as hell won't know now.

What round is this anyway?

Pick Six
03-13-2006, 11:55 PM
If I didn't know in the 5th, I sure as hell won't know now.

What round is this anyway?

It's the 6th round...

www.nfldraftcountdown.com is a pretty good site to find names. You may have to Google names at this point to find out more about them...

Pick Six
03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
New England (ICON) is free to pick at this time...

SoCalBronco
03-14-2006, 08:35 PM
ICON's time expired at 4:30 PM PST, so I am on the clock. I will have the pick up shortly.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-14-2006, 08:51 PM
We need to wake a couple of these guys up.

SoCalBronco
03-14-2006, 09:15 PM
With the loss of Andre Carter and the impending loss of Julian Peterson, SF entered this draft with a big hole at 3-4 OLB. We addressed it in part in Round 2 with the freakishly talented Stanley McClover of Auburn. We address the 3-4 OLB spot again here with another athletic prospect who can rush the passer.

SF selects DE/OLB Copeland Bryan of Arizona.

per NFLDraftShowCase:

Copeland Bryan - Arizona
Size: 6'4, 240 | College Positions: DE, OLB
This former walk-on really put together a nice senior season, finishing with 7.5 sacks, including wreaking havoc against USC and their top OT prospect Winston Justice. He has a good deal of experience at OLB and in coverage, so he projects very well to the 3-4.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/262506.jpg

Pick made at 7:16 P.M. PST. Cincinnati and Killerbronco76 are on the clock.

San Francisco 49ers Draft Picks
Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA
Demetrius Williams, WR Oregon
Stanley McClover, DE Auburn (will play 3-4 OLB)
Orien Harris, DT Miami (Fla.) (will play 3-4 DE)
Will Blackmon, CB Boston College
Charlie Peprah, S Alabama
Kedric Golston, DT Georgia (will play 3-4 DE)
Copeland Bryan, DE/LB Arizona (will play 3-4 OLB)

KillerBronco#76
03-14-2006, 11:44 PM
The bengals choose

JCMElway
03-14-2006, 11:47 PM
We need to wake a couple of these guys up.

I remember the draft last year. It was all we could do to get through 4 rounds. I'm surprised it's gone this far without major cattle prodding!

SoCalBronco
03-15-2006, 12:37 AM
The bengals choose Marcus Maxey, CB, The U

He was already picked. Please select someone else.

Pick Six
03-15-2006, 02:49 AM
I remember the draft last year. It was all we could do to get through 4 rounds. I'm surprised it's gone this far without major cattle prodding!

I'm impressed that Round 6 is almost complete. It would be a shame if people lose interest in this before it's completely finished...

eddie mac
03-15-2006, 03:59 AM
Problem is a lot of people's college football knowledge doesn't go beyond 3 rounds or so. Maybe someone should list the best draft sites out there for rankings to give some of us a better chance to pick.

Arkie
03-15-2006, 10:36 AM
Problem is a lot of people's college football knowledge doesn't go beyond 3 rounds or so. Maybe someone should list the best draft sites out there for rankings to give some of us a better chance to pick.

Here's 29 draft sites...

http://dmoz.org/Sports/Football/American/NFL/NFL_Draft/

Arkansas Bronco
03-15-2006, 10:40 AM
I'm impressed that Round 6 is almost complete. It would be a shame if people lose interest in this before it's completely finished...
Im keeping intrest but i am loosing players i know or think are ready for the NFL. My knowledge is much weaker that SoCal ???

Rascal
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I've got two names on my list I want.

After that I'm out of ideas.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-15-2006, 02:14 PM
There are a bunch of really good players left. I have two guys targeted that are probably rated as UDFA if the draft went along these lines, but I think they are worthy of rd 6/7 picks

Pick Six
03-15-2006, 03:59 PM
The Giants (Ray Finkle) is on the clock, since it's past 12 hours since killerbronco made his pick that he must still change.

Ray Finkle
03-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I take Brad Smith WR/QB Missouri

8:50 EST

SoCalBronco
03-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Drek and the Bears are on the clock. ICON, Herc and Killerbronco76 can still make a pick at any time

Drek
03-15-2006, 11:52 PM
In the 6th round of the draft the Chicago Bears select Matt Bernstein, FB out of Wisconsin. 6', 260, blocks like a lineman. Put the big fella in front of Jones and Benson, then just watch 'em pile up the tough yards!

Pick Six
03-16-2006, 12:26 AM
The Washington Redskins select:

Erik Gill, TE Pittsburgh

At 6"5' 270 lbs., the Redskins might have found that big TE target that Saunders liked to use in KC. If he's quick enough to play in the NFL, his size makes him a steal at this point of the draft...

The pick was made 12:30 am CST. Jacksonville (Arkie) is on the clock...

Arkie
03-16-2006, 01:28 AM
The Jags select Cameron Vaughn, LB, LSU

pick made at 1:28 am CST

Pick Six
03-16-2006, 02:04 AM
The Broncos (Clockwork Orange) are now on the clock...

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-16-2006, 06:37 AM
In the 6th round of the draft the Chicago Bears select Matt Bernstein, FB out of Wisconsin. 6', 260, blocks like a lineman. Put the big fella in front of Jones and Benson, then just watch 'em pile up the tough yards!

He is going to be a good one. Was hurt most of this year so a lot of people have missed him. 260 pounds of heart and leadership. Devastating blocker. Not fast, but can find a soft spot and bull through for a couple yards anytime. Very good receiver. A year ago, one game both Wisconsin tailbacks were hurt and they just kept feeding him the ball. I think he had around 25 carries for 125 yards.

Clockwork Orange
03-16-2006, 09:24 AM
With their final pick in the 2006 OM Mock draft, the Denver Broncos select Quinn Sypniewski, TE University of Colorado.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/238635.jpg

6. Quinn Sypniewski, TE Colorado

This pick made at 8:25 A.M. MST. Mediator is on the clock.

eddie mac
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
With their final pick in the 2006 OM Mock draft, the Denver Broncos select Quinn Sypniewski, TE University of Colorado.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/23/238635.jpg

6. Quinn Sypniewski, TE Colorado

This pick made at 8:25 A.M. MST. Mediator is on the clock.

Mike Shanahan does the unthinkable and drafts 2 Buffs in the 1 draft!!!

Clockwork Orange
03-16-2006, 12:17 PM
Mike Shanahan does the unthinkable and drafts 2 Buffs in the 1 draft!!!

^5

Mediator12
03-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Indy selects: Gerrick Mcpherson CB Maryland

Pick Six
03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Seahawks (minibronco) on the clock...

SoCalBronco
03-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I have a proposal for you guys. We are still a round away from the end of the draft, but for the guys who are really into this mock draft, what do you say to a Undrafted Free Agency period after all the picks are done. We will give every team $50,000 to use as bonus money (since most UDFA sign with the team that gives them the biggest signing bonus). We will go position by position, setting aside a full day for QB, RBs (including FBs), WRs, TE, OL, DL, LB, DBs and K/P. So we'll have a 9 day period, one day for each position. During that day, we'll set a starting time at the beginning of the thread and an ending time. You can bid as much as you want of your 50k on any player, just name the player and your bid. Ofcourse there will be bidding wars but thats what makes it fun. If we have a tie, ill flip a coin and announce the winner, if the tie involves me, we'll have someone else do it.

The good thing about this is that no one is required to do anything. If youve had enough of this draft, you dont have to bid at all or play in this UDFA round. Its purely voluntary. But for those die hards who still have their eye on 5 or 6 prospects with only 1 selection left to make, they'll have a chance to nab those players in this UDFA Round.

What do you guys think?

orangefan
03-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Sounds good to me! There are at least 6 or 7 players still out there that I think can play in the NFL. I know we still have 1 round left, but I'll bet a few slip by.

minibronco
03-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Drew Olson, QB | UCLA

SoCalBronco
03-16-2006, 11:49 PM
PIT and TheManeMan are up.

TheManeMan
03-17-2006, 02:16 AM
With the 192nd pick of the OM mock draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select Safety out of Fresno St...Tyrone Culver

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/fres/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-culver091702.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-17-2006, 02:19 AM
Houston and TheDave are on the clock.

Pick Six
03-17-2006, 04:43 PM
TheDave's time is up. The Saints and 24champbailey on the clock...

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 02:28 AM
New Orleans time has expired. Rascal and the Jets are up.

Rascal
03-18-2006, 02:40 AM
The Jets with their seventh round draft pick select Brian Iwuh (OLB) of Colorado.

Strengths:
Great athlete with excellent quickness...Explosive and a good tackler who hits like a ton of bricks...Very instinctive and flows to the ball...Is very physical and brings that mentality to the secondary...Is solid in coverage due to fluid hips and nimble feet...Versatile and has experience at both safety and linebacker...Should be an excellent special teams player...Has upside once he can focus on a single position.

Weaknesses:
A 'tweener without a true defined position...Is undersized as a linebacker but doesn't have ideal speed for a safety...Needs to get stronger, especially in the lower body...Projecting a player to a different position is always a risky proposition, although he has played safety in the past...Can be too aggressive at times...Raw and will require coaching and development to reach his full potential.

Notes:
Could project to safety or outside linebacker at the next level depending on the scheme...Intriguing prospect who has consistently made plays regardless of what position he was playing...Different teams will likely have varying grades on him.

Can't believe with all you CU homers out there he was still available. The Jets thank you. Pick made at 2:41 am CST.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 02:41 AM
Miami and NFLBRONCO are on the clock.

Rascal
03-18-2006, 02:45 AM
4. New York Jets- Rascal---------------------Reggie Bush, RB USC
36. New York Jets- Rascal--------------------------Broderick Bunkley, DT Florida State
48. New York Jets- Rascal (B)---------------------------Daryn Colledge, OT Boise State
116. New York Jets (f/KC)- Rascal---------------------Anwar Phillips, CB Penn State
164. New York Jets- Rascal -----------------------------Erik Meyer, QB Eastern Wash.
195. New York Jets- Rascal----------------------------Brian Iwuh, OLB Colorado

Got the #1 prospect in the draft. A DT that will be drafted in the top 20, an underrated OT to replace Fabini. A solid CB to replace Law, a QB of the future with Brady like skills, and a solid backup/special teams player in Iwuh.

I like it.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 02:47 AM
4. New York Jets- Rascal---------------------Reggie Bush, RB USC
36. New York Jets- Rascal--------------------------Broderick Bunkley, DT Florida State
48. New York Jets- Rascal (B)---------------------------Daryn Colledge, OT Boise State
116. New York Jets (f/KC)- Rascal---------------------Anwar Phillips, CB Penn State
164. New York Jets- Rascal -----------------------------Erik Meyer, QB Eastern Wash.
195. New York Jets- Rascal----------------------------Brian Iwuh, OLB Colorado

Got the #1 prospect in the draft. A DT that will be drafted in the top 20, an underrated OT to replace Fabini. A solid CB to replace Law, a QB of the future with Brady like skills, and a solid backup/special teams player in Iwuh.

I like it.

I like your draft alot too Rascal. I have very little knowledge about Meyer, but each one of your other picks were excellent value where you got them.

Rascal
03-18-2006, 02:52 AM
I like your draft alot too Rascal. I have very little knowledge about Meyer, but each one of your other picks were excellent value where you got them.

Thanks Socal.

Yeah I just happened to stumble across him on nfldraftcountdown and saw his rave reviews. Checked him out an another draft board and they had him rated as a early second day pick so it made it an easy pick for me. The review seems like he is a clone of Brady. Who knows but at that point in the draft you are going for upside and depth so I thought he was a good risk.

The only pick I might have reached with was Colledge, but with Fabini leaving and with nobody else left of starting quality I had no choice but to make the move.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Miami's clock has just expired.

SF is on the clock and we immediately make our selection.

San Francisco is pleased to select OT Guy Whimper, East Carolina

Many of you will recall Guy from the combine putting up some good times in the 40 and in the OL drills. He's quite athletic and I think he has a good deal of upside. Im very happy to get him in the 7th round. He's pretty raw but looks like he has excellent tools.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ecu/sports/genrel/auto_headshot/224382.jpeg

From NFLDraftCountdown:

Height: 6-4 3/4 Weight: 304 40-Time: 4.95

Strengths:
Has good size and the frame to bulk up further...An outstanding athlete with
great quickness...Has excellent feet and is very mobile...Still a blank slate
who can be molded since he doesn't have many bad habits yet...Really has a ton of upside.

Weaknesses:
Extremely raw and needs alot of development...Needs work on his technique and must master the nuances of the position...Does not use his hands well...Gets by solely on his athleticism at this point...Had trouble staying eligible in college.

Notes:
Former tight end who only started along the offensive line for one season...Very much a project but has all the physical tools you look for...Some team may gamble on his potential much earlier than you would anticipate...Player who is on the rise.

Pick made at 12:45 pm PST, OSKIE and Oakland is on the clock. Houston, New Orleans, Miami and the three teams who did not pick in the last round may still make a selection at any time.

San Francisco 49ers Draft Picks
Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA
Demetrius Williams, WR Oregon
Stanley McClover, DE Auburn (will play 3-4 OLB)
Orien Harris, DT Miami (Fla.) (will play 3-4 DE)
Nick Mangold, C Ohio State
Will Blackmon, CB Boston College
Charlie Peprah, S Alabama
Kedric Golston, DT Georgia (will play 3-4 DE)
Copeland Bryan, DE Arizona (will play 3-4 OLB)
Guy Whimper, OT East Carolina

eddie mac
03-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Great pick SoCal, a lot of boards have him ranked anywhere from 4th-5th round.

NFLBRONCO
03-18-2006, 02:52 PM
With #196 in 2006 NFL Draft

Miami Dolphins select: Miles Austin WR Monmouth

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Great pick SoCal, a lot of boards have him ranked anywhere from 4th-5th round.

Looking at his scouting report, I think he fits the Broncos mold pretty well. He seems to be very, very athletic. Hopefully Denver can get him on Day 2 in the real draft and then develop him. He seems to fit the system really well.

Im real glad I got him in the 7th for SF.

24champ
03-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Saints select TE Anthony Mix of Auburn

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050924/all/l1574912.jpg

classified "tweener" in the 2006 draft, Anthony Mix is a player who will be drafted because of his enormous upside and potential. He is an immense combination of decent physical abilities and well rounded athletic abilities. He has solid size, and can create mismatches if he is tight end when he lines up against smaller linebackers. He runs aggressively, as he rarely gets jammed at the line of scrimmage and uses his hands nicely for things other then catching such as freeing himself from defenders. His muscle is a little on the soft side, but that is nothing that some fierce training in a weight room can't fix. His biggest problem is that his hands are all but consistent, as he often drops too many passes that can easily be caught. Some of NFL teams might label him as a bit of a "project" because he is a wide receiver to tight end conversion, so he doesn't have some of the basic foundations that a tight end should have such as run blocking, this probably will knock his draft stock down a lot. None the less, Mix still has a ton of upside as a pass catching tight end, and some team will take a chance on him, but it most likely won't be until the sixth or seventh round, but he is too potential riddled to not be drafted at all. If he can develop more as a pass catcher and polish his run blocking, expect him to have a solid and long career at the next level.

Strengths:
• Has legitimate size
• Loads of potential
• Solid physical side
• Good athlete

Weaknesses:
• A labeled "tweener"
• Inconsistent hands
• Is definitely a risky project
• Needs to add bulk to his frame

Saints draft so far

2. New Orleans Saints- Vince Young, QB Texas
34. New Orleans Saints-Manny Lawson, DE NC State
98. New Orleans Saints- John McCargo, DT NC State
130. New Orleans Saints- Nick Reid, LB Kansas
162. New Orleans Saints- Drouzon Quillen, WR La.-Monr.
165. New Orleans (from GB)- Lawrence Vickers, FB/RB Colorado
194. New Orleans Saints- Anthony Mix TE/WR Auburn

I would have liked to have drafted an OT but didnt see one I really liked.

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 05:00 PM
OSKIE and Oakland remain on the clock.

DBroncos4life
03-18-2006, 07:08 PM
I have a proposal for you guys. We are still a round away from the end of the draft, but for the guys who are really into this mock draft, what do you say to a Undrafted Free Agency period after all the picks are done. We will give every team $50,000 to use as bonus money (since most UDFA sign with the team that gives them the biggest signing bonus). We will go position by position, setting aside a full day for QB, RBs (including FBs), WRs, TE, OL, DL, LB, DBs and K/P. So we'll have a 9 day period, one day for each position. During that day, we'll set a starting time at the beginning of the thread and an ending time. You can bid as much as you want of your 50k on any player, just name the player and your bid. Ofcourse there will be bidding wars but thats what makes it fun. If we have a tie, ill flip a coin and announce the winner, if the tie involves me, we'll have someone else do it.

The good thing about this is that no one is required to do anything. If youve had enough of this draft, you dont have to bid at all or play in this UDFA round. Its purely voluntary. But for those die hards who still have their eye on 5 or 6 prospects with only 1 selection left to make, they'll have a chance to nab those players in this UDFA Round.

What do you guys think?

sure why not

SoCalBronco
03-18-2006, 07:13 PM
sure why not

I figured we had to find a way to get you some more picks after the Packers screwed you over in some real life trades. ;D

DBroncos4life
03-18-2006, 07:15 PM
I figured we had to find a way to get you some more picks after the Packers screwed you over in some real life trades. ;D
Heck yeah. I haven't been following it but Im sure I can find some guys to add to my roster that played at NU. ;D

SoCalBronco
03-19-2006, 02:45 AM
Oakland's time has expired. Tennessee and Hawk's Boys are on the clock.

24champ
03-19-2006, 03:06 AM
Socal for the UDFA round whoever has the redskins gets 1 million dollars. Makes it a little more realistic dont you think???