PDA

View Full Version : Official Make Your Picks here thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

-Slap-
02-21-2006, 08:50 PM
The St Louis Rams use the 77th pick in the 2006 Orange Mane Draft to select Virginia ILB Kai Parham, the Cavaliers' leading tackler this past season with 103 tackles and 8 1/2 sacks.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1004/23778.JPG

At 6'3", 253 pounds, Parham, a junior, was a three year starter at inside linebacker. I think he may well project outside in the pros.

With the uncertainty of veteran linebackers Dexter Coakley and Chris Claiborne for 2006 and the relative lack of talent behind them, Parham and second round pick Thomas Howard should get opportunities to see action right away. Their size also gives the Rams the option of converting to a 3-4 under new DC Jim Haslett, if they desire. Probably not a bad idea, because then only one of their three fat, lazy underachieving defensive tackles (Ryan Pickett, Jimmy Kennedy, Damione Lewis) have to be on the field at a time.

St Louis Rams 2006 Draft Picks
1-11 - Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
2-43 - Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
3-77 - Kai Parham ILB Virginia

SpringStein
02-21-2006, 08:54 PM
Browns and PortisFanForever is on the clock.

PortisFanForever
02-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Well I really wanted a OT here but with Daryn Colledge gone in Round 2 and Jeremy Trueblood taken a few picks ahead of me, there are not any OT left worth this pick

SO

I select

Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green

With Dilfer getting older, it would be wise to groom a QB behind Frye or in case Frye falters Jacobs can fit in nicely.. maybe start a nice combo of Jacobs to Braylon Edwards in the future.

Omar Jacobs QB 6’4 226 Bowling Green Jr.
By: Robert Davis

In his first year as a starter, Omar Jacobs had one of the greatest years of any quarterback in college football history. He completed 66.9% of his passes for 4,002 yards, and 41 touchdowns. The most impressive stat though, was that he only threw 4 interceptions on 462 passes. The 41 touchdowns led the nation, and was also a MAC record. The 41/4 TD/INT ratio is the best ever in Division 1A. He’s not just a pure pocket passer either. Jacobs managed to rush for 300 yards and 4 more scores. He racked up quite a few post season awards for his awesome sophomore season. Omar was named to various All-American lists, was voted MVP of the GMAC Bowl, and was named MAC offensive player of the year.

Jacobs is the complete package at quarterback. He’s tall, strong, and athletic. He has a very good arm, and can easily make all the throws. His mobility is very impressive too. When things break down, he can leave the pocket and throw on the run, or tuck it and make something happen with his feet. He has displayed poise in the pocket, though at times he has left the pocket a little early.

There really aren’t too many flaws in Jacobs’ game. The biggest is his throwing mechanics, specifically his release point. Jacobs releases the ball at about shoulder height. He doesn’t get the ball up high enough. He negates his height advantage by throwing the ball that low, and it will result in tipped passes in the NFL. The only other issue would possibly be his experience, as he's a redshirt junior, and this is only his second season as a starter.

Omar Jacobs is the latest in the line of MAC QB’s to develop into big time NFL prospects. He will need some coaching in the NFL to fix his mechanics, but other than that, he has everything needed to be a star at the next level. The sky is the limit both in terms of potential and in draft stock. He probably is not looking at a top 5 pick this year because of Matt Leinart’s presence at the quarterback spot, but he is a legit first round prospect. It might be wise for him to stay for his senior year to work on his mechanics at the college level, but when it comes down to it, that guaranteed money is hard to turn down.

Time of the pick is 10:32pm Eastern time

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 09:34 PM
FADERPROOF is on the clock.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
So who wants to trade early picks for picks next year now?

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 09:54 PM
So who wants to trade early picks for picks next year now?

;D This draft is going to be a 2 day hard-on. ;D

WABronco
02-21-2006, 10:32 PM
The St Louis Rams use the 77th pick in the 2006 Orange Mane Draft to select Virginia ILB Kai Parham, the Cavaliers' leading tackler this past season with 103 tackles and 8 1/2 sacks.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1004/23778.JPG

At 6'3", 253 pounds, Parham, a junior, was a three year starter at inside linebacker. I think he may well project outside in the pros.

With the uncertainty of veteran linebackers Dexter Coakley and Chris Claiborne for 2006 and the relative lack of talent behind them, Parham and second round pick Thomas Howard should get opportunities to see action right away. Their size also gives the Rams the option of converting to a 3-4 under new DC Jim Haslett, if they desire. Probably not a bad idea, because then only one of their three fat, lazy underachieving defensive tackles (Ryan Pickett, Jimmy Kennedy, Damione Lewis) have to be on the field at a time.

St. Louis with a solid draft so far, dang...

FADERPROOF
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Atlanta Falcons bolster their D once again by selecting: Spencer Havner, OLB, UCLA

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 10:41 PM
We'll be able to hit two birds with one stone here. Bronco LB 52 (Dallas) and Orangefan (SD) are the next two picks. Both of whom are out of town until the weekend and have submitted to me their picks (and alternates).

Dallas (LB 52) selects ATH Devin Hester, Miami (Fla.)

San Diego (orangefan) selects S Greg Blue, Georgia.

Pick made at 8:40 PM PST, The Phins and NFLBRONCO are back on the clock.

NFLBRONCO
02-21-2006, 11:11 PM
With the 82nd pick in the 2006 Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Bernard Pollard S Purdue

10:10 MST 12:10 EST

Mr. Trout
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Watkins is off the board already. Try again

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 11:13 PM
NFLBRONCO, Watkins was already selected by the NY Giants, please pick again.

NFLBRONCO
02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
NFLBRONCO, Watkins was already selected by the NY Giants, please pick again.

Corrected my pick sorry Socal Mr Trout

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Mock and the Vikings are on the clock.

Mr. Trout
02-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Corrected my pick sorry Socal Mr Trout

no problem man, a lot of picks are flying by so it is completely understandable. :afro:

watermock
02-22-2006, 02:28 AM
Mock rolls the dice with Wroten Jr...DE...LSU...this was a first rounder before his little affair with baggies...mock thinks he will walk tighter now and it's a steal in the third

STERLINGTON, La. -- Prosecutors have declined to pursue a drug charge against LSU defensive end Claude Wroten Jr., who was arrested by Sterlington police last month after a traffic stop.

Wroten, 22, of Bastrop, was booked Jan. 4 with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute after police stopped him for speeding and found the drug his car, Sterlington police said.

But District Attorney Jerry Jones said Wednesday that his office had declined the case for legal reasons that he would not spell out.

Jeff Guerriero, Wroten's attorney, said both the stop and the search in which one officer questioned Wroten while another looked in the vehicle were of questionable legality.

Guerriero said Wroten, who had dropped off friends immediately before the stop, did not own the vehicle he was driving.

Wroten said he now wants to concentrate on football.

"I let my parents, my team, my whole family down," Wroten said. "I shouldn't have even been around it. This is the first time I've ever done something like that, and the last time. I've just got to prove to everyone that I let down that it's not me."

DBroncos4life
02-22-2006, 02:31 AM
Mock rolls the dice with Wroten Jr...DE...LSU...this was a first rounder before his little affair with baggies...mock thinks he will walk tighter now and it's a steal in the third

STERLINGTON, La. -- Prosecutors have declined to pursue a drug charge against LSU defensive end Claude Wroten Jr., who was arrested by Sterlington police last month after a traffic stop.

Wroten, 22, of Bastrop, was booked Jan. 4 with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute after police stopped him for speeding and found the drug his car, Sterlington police said.

But District Attorney Jerry Jones said Wednesday that his office had declined the case for legal reasons that he would not spell out.

Jeff Guerriero, Wroten's attorney, said both the stop and the search in which one officer questioned Wroten while another looked in the vehicle were of questionable legality.

Guerriero said Wroten, who had dropped off friends immediately before the stop, did not own the vehicle he was driving.

Wroten said he now wants to concentrate on football.

"I let my parents, my team, my whole family down," Wroten said. "I shouldn't have even been around it. This is the first time I've ever done something like that, and the last time. I've just got to prove to everyone that I let down that it's not me."
That would be a great pick if I hadn't drafted him in the second already.

watermock
02-22-2006, 02:43 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/kosimpson.html

Mock snags the next mutiple murderer in Ko Simpson. Not elite, but should be solid. Sharper isn't getting any younger for the HornHeads and he will be a good cover safety with good instincts....

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 02:45 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/kosimpson.html

Mock snags the next mutiple murderer in Ko Simpson.

Mock, he has also been selected. The Big Board on the first post on this thread has the record of all the past selections. Please choose another player.

watermock
02-22-2006, 02:52 AM
Dammit...why do I have to pick at 3 in the morning...try try again...I didn't see him...I just woke up...give me a break....you guys all stole my favorite pets...

give me a little time...

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Dammit...why do I have to pick at 3 in the morning...try try again...I didn't see him...I just woke up...give me a break....you guys all stole my favorite pets...

give me a little time...

You dont have to pick now if you dont want to, Mock. Youve got until 11:10 AM Central Standard Time (i think thats what Iowa is on right?), or 10:10 Rocky Mountain Time, if they are in that zone.

Ofcourse you can always make your selection even after the clock expires at any time, its just that if there is a dispute on a particular player between yourself and someone who picks after you, it will just come down to whoever submitted the pick first.

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:00 AM
HornHeads move him to a cover saftey and feed him chunky soup to get him to about 220 and heal that knee....

Antonio Comartie, CB, FSU

Junior Year (2005): One of the nation's top corners who missed all of 2005 with a preseason knee injury...a preseason Playboy All-American...was going to start at left corner this season after rotating with Bryant McFadden and Leroy Smith in 2004...listed as the No. 2 cornerback in the nation and a first team preseason All-American by The Sporting News...excellent speed, was a member of the FSU track team that won the ACC Championship in 2004...named the most improved defensive back this spring...also got some snaps at wide receiver and was responsible for several big catches in scrimmages .

Sophomore Year (2004): Established himself as one of the top playmakers in the country on national television in the opener at Miami...returned a fumble for a touchdown and added an acrobatic interception...had another score later in the season when he brought back an interception for a TD at Maryland...tied for second in the ACC in interceptions with four...earned first team All-ACC honors...recorded a career-high five tackles at Wake Forest...started for an injured Leroy Smith in the Gator Bowl victory over West Virginia and had two tackles and a pass break-up...played in all 12 games...also returned 19 kickoffs for 435 yards with a long of 61 (vs. Florida).

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 03:02 AM
Mock, Antonio Cromartie has also been selected. Please choose yet another player.

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:05 AM
I just double checked...he was taken higher than I even looked...good lord...I can't catch a break...any suggestions? Lost my QB, my DE and my Corner so far...

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 03:09 AM
I just double checked...he was taken higher than I even looked...good lord...I can't catch a break...any suggestions? Lost my QB, my DE and my Corner so far...

what is the vikings biggest need that you want to fill? I cant make a suggestion without knowing what you want to address? You tried to take three different position players, which one is the most important to you?

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Damn...I was going to pick Richard Marshall....this is pissing me off

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:11 AM
We got a basket of busts at LB...maybe a RB or QB but I don't like the leftovers...

Thomas Howard, LB Maryland?

Damn...he's gone too...Ha!

Mr. Trout
02-22-2006, 03:14 AM
do you mean Thomas Howard, UTEP, cuz he is gone already as well.

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:15 AM
It's all your fault because of that trade! Yeah UTEP...I missed a line...anyone have some darts?

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 03:16 AM
We got a basket of busts at LB...maybe a RB or QB but I don't like the leftovers...

Thomas Howard, LB Maryland?

Damn...he's gone too...Ha!

Mock if you want LBs there are some decent ones still there.

Gerris Wilkinson of Georgia Tech is a good run defending backer.

The two Tennessee teammates, Omar Gaither and Kevin Simon are good players. Simon is really talented, a bit undersized, but has an injury history otherwise he would probably be a highly ranked prospect.

You said you wanted Omar Jacobs. There are still some mobile QBs out there like Charlie Whitehurst of Clemson, Reggie McNeal of Texas A and M, etc.

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
I was going to take Richard Marshall...jesus...

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Delete Simon...I'm not taking an undersized backer. I'm not hitting a winner here...I'm getting frustrated...

watermock
02-22-2006, 03:26 AM
Give me Wilkinson...sheesh...

Mr. Trout
02-22-2006, 05:26 AM
Anybody hear anything from killerbronco76 in a while...He needs to make his pick sometime.

-Slap-
02-22-2006, 07:38 AM
Anybody hear anything from killerbronco76 in a while...He needs to make his pick sometime.
He needs to be assigned Marcus Vick.......:sunshine:

Drek
02-22-2006, 07:47 AM
Mock, if you need some help coming up with new players check www.nfldraftcountdown.com, they have full listings by position with size, weight, some 40's, and scouting reports. Its not as good as ESPN Insider's coverage where you get scores and multiple experts mocks, but they do a good job as a resource for finding intriguing players at a position.

SpringStein
02-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Mock, did you officially take Wilkinson?

watermock
02-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I never officially do anything as I have no authority....I think I did tho...

Ha! Yeah, I took him...the HornHeads have a herd of busts at LB...might be coaching, but they suck. He seems versatile and needs to find a home...seems smart and might make a good signal caller which is vastly underrated.

*2005 All-America (third team) by Rivals.com

*2005 All-Atlantic Coast Conference, second team

*2004 All-Atlantic Coast Conference, second team

*2003 ACC All-Academic

AT TECH: Tech's leading tackler and the top player on the Yellow Jackets' outstanding defensive unit of 2005 . . . Two-time all-conference selection and a third-team all-America as a senior . . . Three-year starter on defense . . . Elected one of Tech's permanent team captains for 2005 . . . Selected to play in the Senior Bowl following his senior season.

A standout middle linebacker the last two years after one season starting at defensive end . . . Made the move back to linebacker in the spring of 2004, beginning at outside linebacker before settling in the middle . . . Played outside linebacker as a freshman, then moved to defensive end as a sophomore in 2003 . . Has good quickness, strength, athletic ability and knowledge of the game . . .

SpringStein
02-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Skins and Crushaholic are on the clock with Chiefs and Herc on deck.

Pick Six
02-22-2006, 12:26 PM
The Redskins were pondering two players who play the same position, but they finally decided on one. The Redskins will pass the baton to a young QB like Jason Campbell soon, so offensive line needs shall be addressed here.

With the 84th pick overall, the Washington Redskins select

Fred Matua, G USC 6'2" 305 Jr.

This pick was made 12:25 pm CST

Herc and the damn, dirty Chefs are on the clock...

Hercules Rockefeller
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
Johnathan Lewis, DT Va Tech

Clockwork Orange
02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
NFLBRONCO is on the clock.

NFLBRONCO
02-22-2006, 10:17 PM
With the 86th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select:

Dee Webb CB Florida

8:17 PST 9:17 MST 10:17 CST 12:17 EST

The Giants are on the clock calling Ray Finkle :).

SoCalBronco
02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Ray Finkle and the Giants are on the clock.

Clockwork Orange
02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Ray Finkle is on the clock.

Ray Finkle
02-23-2006, 06:49 AM
Dame you Herc, you took my pick...The New York Giants select Adam Stenavich OT Michigan...at 7:48 EST.....They plan on moving him OG...

SpringStein
02-23-2006, 07:14 AM
Drek & Bears are on the clock,
Big Guy and Panthers are on deck.

watermock
02-23-2006, 07:39 AM
First thing Huff is going to do with his signing bonus is buy an IHOP...Buyer Beware....

Drek
02-23-2006, 08:17 AM
With the 88th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears select....

Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame
6'5", 255, ~4.75 40 yd.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpics/te/anthonyfasano.jpg

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Has excellent hands and will make the tough catch...A great weapon in the short to intermediate passing game...An above average blocker who always gives top effort...Hard working and smart...Is very tough and a gamer...Was very productive and had his best season in 2005.

Weaknesses:
Is not a great natural athlete...Lacks outstanding speed and quickness...Needs to get stronger...Will not stretch the field or do much in terms of running after the catch...Had some trouble with fumbles throughout his final season...Lacks upside.

Notes:
One of the best all-around (blocking and receiving) tight ends in the draft...Is not very flashy and won't amaze you with his physical tools but he possesses top intangibles and just gets the job done...Overachiever in the mold of Mark Bavaro.

The Bears finally add the TE we've been looking for. We weren't happy with Pope at 26th, traded down, then saw that Byrd and Fasano were staying on the board through the second, so we addressed other needs. I was going to take a TE with my last pick, but with only 12 spots between each and no teams between my picks really needing a TE, I figured I was safe to wait it out.

Bears Draft Recap:
2a - Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame
2b - Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina
3a - Darryl Tapp, DE, Virginia Tech
3b - Anthony Fasano, TE, Notre Dame

Big Guy is on the clock, pick made at 9:21 AM EST.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-23-2006, 08:33 AM
Carolina continies its quest to build an offensive juggernaut by selecting Andrew Whitworth OT - LSU.

Carolina Draft
1. Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
2. Greg Lee WR Pitt
3. Andrew Whitworth OT LSU

Pick Made at 7:33 AM MST

SpringStein
02-23-2006, 08:42 AM
Bucs need to addd a young WR so they add:

Hank Baskett, WR, New Mexico

I believe Baskett is one of the more underrated WR's with great size and an excellent athlete.

SpringStein
02-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Cincy and KillerBroncos are on the clock.

Since he hasn't made his last pick, do we wait the full 12 hours?

-Slap-
02-23-2006, 09:18 AM
Cincy and KillerBroncos are on the clock.

Since he hasn't made his last pick, do we wait the full 12 hours?
I don't think we should wait 12 minutes.

We need to start assigning him players and/or give someone else his franchise.

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2006, 09:25 AM
The Bengals need help at DT and TE. Give him Kyle Williams, DT LSU and Joel Klopfenstein, TE Colorado.

Arkie, you're on the clock.

Rascal
02-23-2006, 09:34 AM
You need to let Socal make that decision as this is his thing.

Don't make a pick till Socal approves it.

Arkie
02-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Jacksonville selects Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin

The Jags were close to the bottom in rushing TDs. Fred will try to come back again. Greg Jones may not be a full time answer.

Broncoman13
02-23-2006, 10:45 AM
The Jags will sign Edge and release Fred Taylor. We will then sign Fred Taylor and turn him into a 2800 yard 35 TD back. Any questions???

NFLBRONCO
02-23-2006, 12:14 PM
Bucs need to addd a young WR so they add:

Hank Baskett, WR, New Mexico

I believe Baskett is one of the more underrated WR's with great size and an excellent athlete.

Great Pick for TB George he fits there very well nice job.

Rascal
02-23-2006, 12:35 PM
ARKIE'S PICK DOES NOT COUNT!!!

WE NEED TO WAIT TO MAKE SURE THAT SOCAL APPROVES OF MANAGING THE BENGALS LIKE THAT!!

This is his gig guys so hold off. Nobody pick till socal comes in.

Arkansas Bronco
02-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Actualy wasnt the rule that if you miss your pick because your time runs out then the next team up has the opportunity to go ahead and draft. Hell 10+ teams plucked picks before Pitt in the first.

KillerBronco#76
02-23-2006, 04:28 PM
the bengals with their 2nd round choice select Elvis Dumervil

SpringStein
02-23-2006, 04:43 PM

Nice pick - a productive player getting pushed down due to size concerns. But at this point, good value.

Mr. Trout
02-23-2006, 04:52 PM

now you are up to make your third round choice.

Broncoman13
02-23-2006, 06:41 PM
Nice pick - a productive player getting pushed down due to size concerns. But at this point, good value.

Not just size concerns... speed is very much in question at this point!

SoCalBronco
02-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I just dispatched Killerbronco a PM telling him he has to get his 3rd rounder in, since Dumervil was for the overdue pick.

If he fails to get it in during the 12 hour period for a second straight time, we will consider assigning the team to someone new.

KillerBronco#76
02-23-2006, 08:05 PM
With their 3rd round pick the Bengals choose Babatunde Oshinowo from Stanford

Strengths: Is a thick, well-built two-gap DT/NT prospect. Possesses a very good combination of size and strength. Plays with good balance and body control. Comes out of his stance low and will show good leverage when he's fresh. He has the brute strength to anchor at the POA and is at his best clogging gaps in the running game. He can occupy two blockers and protect his LB's He has a strong bull rush and shows the ability to occasionally collapse the pocket as a pass rusher. He never missed a game due to injury in college. Is a durable player and consistent performer. Very good student and intelligent young man.

SoCalBronco
02-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Since Arkie wanted Brian Calhoun above (albeit prematurely), we will give him that player unless he chooses otherwise now.

But we will put Denver and CO on the clock. It is 6:07 PST/ 7:07 Mountain PM.

Arkansas Bronco
02-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Oh i didnt know he had 2 in a row i thought that since 12 hours were up that Arkie was free to draft.

SoCalBronco
02-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh i didnt know he had 2 in a row i thought that since 12 hours were up that Arkie was free to draft.

I assumed Killerbronco still had some time left over from the 3rd round pick period that just started. But it doesnt matter, we have counted Arkie's pick now and Killerbronco has made both of his selection.

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2006, 09:07 PM
With our 3rd round pick, the Denver Broncos select Ray Edwards, DE Purdue.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/09/27/gallery.toptencrosshairs/09_Edwards.jpg

This pick was made February 23rd at 8:07 P.M. MST.

Mediator12
02-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Solid Pick CO. He really could be good at the next level. PURDUE just messed him up ;D

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks. He's got all the tools and a hell of a frame on him. Could be the pass rushing DE we've been waiting for.

You're on the clock Mediator. :)

Mediator12
02-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Indy Selects: Rob Sims OG The Ohio State University

Height: 6027
Weight: 318

Overview

Crafty veteran who will be in his third year as a starter ... smart, athletic and versatile ... has been the regular at left tackle the past two years, but could move inside to a guard spot in 2005 (a move that would effectively utilize his quickness and agility) ... definitely will be in the lineup somewhere and will be a standout wherever he plays ... has appeared in 35 games and started 28 times during his career and is the Buckeyes' most experienced player on either side of the ball ... probably played his best football during the second half of last season, helping the Buckeyes put up big numbers late in the year, including 205 yards rushing against Michigan and 214 yards on the ground against Oklahoma State ... has great feet and is an exceptional pass blocker ... played a vital role in the Buckeyes' national championship run in 2002, playing in 11 games and starting five times including the title game as a true freshman ... has played 300 or more minutes each of the past two years.

Colts look to upgrade a pathetic interior OL with Sims. The UFA route of the last few years was exposed by SD and PIT late in the year. Has pass protection experience of an OT and mobility to run the stretch plays.

Clockwork Orange
02-23-2006, 10:02 PM
minibronco is on the clock.

Mr. Trout
02-23-2006, 10:19 PM
now this is the pace I like to see..good job and good picks dudes

minibronco
02-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Brodie Croyle, QB, Alabama

The time is 10:07 MST, February 23, 2006

SoCalBronco
02-23-2006, 11:15 PM
TheManeMan and the Steelers are on the clock.

SoCalBronco
02-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Much thanks to CO for providing me with the 4th round order which has been added and updated with the trades.

Mr. Trout and the Eagles will have a whopping 4 picks in the 4th round!!!

Pittsburgh and TheManeMan are still on the clock with the final pick in Round 3.

Clockwork Orange
02-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Glad I could help out. :)

There's still gonna be some good value there in the 4th round. I really, really like this draft.

Drek
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
Hey SoCal, you've got Trout and I's trade a little mixed up for the 4th round, I recieved his 4th, not the other way around.

SoCalBronco
02-24-2006, 01:04 AM
Hey SoCal, you've got Trout and I's trade a little mixed up for the 4th round, I recieved his 4th, not the other way around.

My bad. Its been adjusted accordingly. :)

TheManeMan
02-24-2006, 02:59 AM
With the 96th pick in the OM mock draft the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

http://www.gophersports.com/PhotoArchive/2002-2003/mfball_wisconsin/images/Eslinger%20Greg%20037.jpg

Greg Eslinger C, Minnesota

watermock
02-24-2006, 03:29 AM
Man...he passes the eyball test...maybe a little short but that isn't really an issue at center anyway...jeepers he's got thick legs....I know nothing about this kid but I know this much...staying low is key against the monster DT's in the NFL...(or you just cut them like Lepsis...Ha!)he looks strong underneath the belt...(did that sound gay?)

Rascal
02-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Solid Pick CO. He really could be good at the next level. PURDUE just messed him up ;D

He has been one of my sleepers that I've mentioned.

Prior to the senior bowl I also mentioned Kyle Williams and Victor Adejanu (sp?).

Clockwork Orange
02-24-2006, 12:11 PM
TheDave is now on the clock with the first pick of the 4th round.

TheDave
02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Wow, that was a quick round. I'll have my pick in a few minutes...

TheDave
02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
WOW there is still pretty good talent left... not many complete players left but still a ton of "Upside"

Kelly Jennings Cornerback | Senior | Miami (FL)

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 177 | 40-Time: 4.41

Strengths:
Very smooth with great athletic ability...Has good height and the frame to get bigger...Very quick with excellent speed and a burst...Has fluid hips and good feet...Changes direction and recovers well...Has pretty good ball skills and will pick off some passes...Will stick with receivers step-for-step in man coverage...Smart and very instinctive...Hard worker with good intangibles...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
Lacks the bulk you look for and really needs to add some weight...Needs to get stronger...Is not very physical...Doesn't support the run well...With his slight frame will he hold up physically at the next level?...Won't be a good fit in every scheme.

Notes:
The latest Hurricane cornerback who will make his way to the NFL...Similar in a lot of ways to former 1st round pick Philip Buchanon...Pure cover corner who has just about everything you look for in terms of height, speed and athleticism.

Clockwork Orange
02-24-2006, 12:44 PM
24champbailey is on the clock.

watermock
02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Not a bad pick The Dave....remember we all freaked out with DW being so small and he's an attack dog...but that's rare for his size...I almost took him, but that's awful small...

I mean imagine Pope at 260 running him over almost a foot higher and 85 pounds heavier doing 75 mph down the sideline....I've been undersized and I got knocked 10 days to Sunday by a back that had a beard, and I didn't even have pubes yet at safety...Ha...my career ended early.

WABronco
02-24-2006, 12:51 PM
WOW there is still pretty good talent left... not many complete players left but still a ton of "Upside"

Kelly Jennings Cornerback | Senior | Miami (FL)

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 177 | 40-Time: 4.41

Strengths:
Very smooth with great athletic ability...Has good height and the frame to get bigger...Very quick with excellent speed and a burst...Has fluid hips and good feet...Changes direction and recovers well...Has pretty good ball skills and will pick off some passes...Will stick with receivers step-for-step in man coverage...Smart and very instinctive...Hard worker with good intangibles...Has a lot of experience.

Weaknesses:
Lacks the bulk you look for and really needs to add some weight...Needs to get stronger...Is not very physical...Doesn't support the run well...With his slight frame will he hold up physically at the next level?...Won't be a good fit in every scheme.

Notes:
The latest Hurricane cornerback who will make his way to the NFL...Similar in a lot of ways to former 1st round pick Philip Buchanon...Pure cover corner who has just about everything you look for in terms of height, speed and athleticism.

Wow, that might be the best value pick yet. Jennings in the 4th round?!?!?

eddie mac
02-24-2006, 12:54 PM
Wow, that might be the best value pick yet. Jennings in the 4th round?!?!?

A few mocks have him going to the Steelers at 32! Great pick Dave, I actually had him on my board at pick 73 but chose an OT.

Rascal
02-24-2006, 12:58 PM
If he made it to me that's who I would have picked.

TheDave
02-24-2006, 12:59 PM
I wasn't planning on going CB, but when i saw him there it made it pretty easy. His measurable alone make him a solid prospect but when you add the Intangibles and experience... Damn glad i found him! Like i said there is still a ton of "Value" left on the board.

By the way looking at the starters for Houston... I probably should of focused on the secondary a little more.

watermock
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
You need to find a way to keep Carr alive...Pubes...

TheDave
02-24-2006, 02:04 PM
You need to find a way to keep Carr alive...Pubes...

I already pissed away #1 and #33 on bookend Tackles. That alone makes Carr indebted to me

watermock
02-24-2006, 02:34 PM
Those were the correct moves...their line is a disaster and Carr has allready taken a lifetime of sacks...now you can take someone with a sack and move him inside...sheesh...the guy had been laid down more times then Edna from Bang...his ass has to be sore...

It's a good year to fix that mess while Carr is still breathing...your draft is working correctly...lucky you got Pubes telling you what to do....

SoCalBronco
02-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Last two picks, Eslinger and Kelly Jennings are excellent, excellent value for this point in the draft. Both of these guys should have been gone by the end of Round 2 at worst.

What a draft.

Pick Six
02-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Last two picks, Eslinger and Kelly Jennings are excellent, excellent value for this point in the draft. Both of these guys should have been gone by the end of Round 2 at worst.

What a draft.

I kept waiting for CO to grab Eslinger because I think his profile would be perfect in Denver...

Oh...and 24champbailey is still on the clock. I don't want that fact to get lost...

SoCalBronco
02-24-2006, 09:22 PM
24champbailey has a little over 3 hours remaining.

Cant wait to make my pick after him, another first round talent for the 49ers (assuming he doesnt pick him)!

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 12:44 AM
New Orleans clock has just expired.

SF is thrilled to select another first round talent CB Will Blackmon, Boston College. Alot of people
forgot about this guy, but he was a projected first round pick. He played WR for BC this year because they were in a huge bind but he was a big time CB prospect with great size and speed before that. He'll be a great compliment to the 49ers other young promising corner, Shawtae Spencer. In addition to being a great athlete and corner, Blackmon is a very, very dangerous return man. I really feel lucky to nab him here. STUD!!

http://images.sportsline.com/images/football/college/bowls/andre30.jpg

Will Blackmon CB/WR 6’1 200 Boston College

Will Blackmon is one of the elite athletes in college football. He made his name as a return man and corner during his first three years at BC, but is now making an impact as a wide receiver for the Eagles. In his three years as a standout corner, Blackmon picked off seven passes and tallied 139 tackles. As a return man in 2004, he became one of the best special teamers in the country. He finished the year with a 27.2 kick off return average, which included a 96-yard touchdown return. On punts, he averaged 11.3 per return, along with a 71-yard return for a touchdown.

Blackmon projects to the NFL as either a corner or a wide receiver. Blackmon can play whatever position he wants, but his impact as a corner might put him in higher demand. As a corner, he has everything you want in a shutdown corner. He’s big, strong, athletic, and fast. He can get in your face and play physical, or turn and run with anyone in the country. With his success on special teams, the Eagles staff gave him a look at wide receiver, and he performed so well that that’s where he plays this year. He has the ability to take it to the house any time he touches the ball, so he’ll be in demand as a receiver as well.

The problem with being so versatile is that it limits your ability to focus on one position. If he plays corner at the next level, he will basically have a full year off of playing the spot. He’ll need time to shake off the rust, in addition to the normal transition to the NFL. As a wide receiver, he has only one year of experience and will need a lot of work to fine tune his routes and become more consistent on the field. No matter how you look at it, he looks like a project at the next level.

Blackmon’s natural gifts will make him a highly sought after player in April. Whether it is at wide receiver or corner remains to be seen, but I believe his impact can be greater on the defensive side of the ball. He will have to pick one position and stick to it after the season to put in the work to impress NFL teams. He has the potential to be a first day pick at any position he chooses.

Pick Made at 10:44 pm PST Feb 24. Oakland and OSKIE are on the clock. New Orleans and 24champbailey can still make a pick at any time.

Mr. Trout
02-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Well, Blackmon was on my short list of targets. I figured he would be long gone by now. Good pick.

NFLBRONCO
02-25-2006, 02:02 AM

SF is thrilled to select another first round talent CB Will Blackmon, Boston College. Alot of people
forgot about this guy, but he was a projected first round pick. He played WR for BC this year because they were in a huge bind but he was a big time CB prospect with great size and speed before that. He'll be a great compliment to the 49ers other young promising corner, Shawtae Spencer. In addition to being a great athlete and corner, Blackmon is a very, very dangerous return man. I really feel lucky to nab him here. STUD!!

Will Blackmon is one of the elite athletes in college football. He made his name as a return man and corner during his first three years at BC, but is now making an impact as a wide receiver for the Eagles. In his three years as a standout corner, Blackmon picked off seven passes and tallied 139 tackles. As a return man in 2004, he became one of the best special teamers in the country. He finished the year with a 27.2 kick off return average, which included a 96-yard touchdown return. On punts, he averaged 11.3 per return, along with a 71-yard return for a touchdown.

Blackmon projects to the NFL as either a corner or a wide receiver. Blackmon can play whatever position he wants, but his impact as a corner might put him in higher demand. As a corner, he has everything you want in a shutdown corner. He’s big, strong, athletic, and fast. He can get in your face and play physical, or turn and run with anyone in the country. With his success on special teams, the Eagles staff gave him a look at wide receiver, and he performed so well that that’s where he plays this year. He has the ability to take it to the house any time he touches the ball, so he’ll be in demand as a receiver as well.

The problem with being so versatile is that it limits your ability to focus on one position. If he plays corner at the next level, he will basically have a full year off of playing the spot. He’ll need time to shake off the rust, in addition to the normal transition to the NFL. As a wide receiver, he has only one year of experience and will need a lot of work to fine tune his routes and become more consistent on the field. No matter how you look at it, he looks like a project at the next level.

Blackmon’s natural gifts will make him a highly sought after player in April. Whether it is at wide receiver or corner remains to be seen, but I believe his impact can be greater on the defensive side of the ball. He will have to pick one position and stick to it after the season to put in the work to impress NFL teams. He has the potential to be a first day pick at any position he chooses.

Pick Made at 10:44 pm PST Feb 24. Oakland and OSKIE are on the clock. New Orleans and 24champbailey can still make a pick at any time.

Nice snag SoCal

24champ
02-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Saints select DT John McCargo of NC State

pick made at 12:26 am pacific time

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/mccargo.jpg

<TABLE cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>John McCargo | #90 <CENTER></CENTER>
Defensive Tackle - N.C. State <CENTER></CENTER></TD><TR height=5><TD colSpan=3></TD></TR></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD>Height: 6'2"
Weight: 295 McCargo is a very impressive pass rusher from the DT spot. When you watch him he gains penetration even against constant double teams. He has very good size for a DT and great quickness. He has a great spin move to his arsenal that really allows him to split double teams. McCargo is always moving on the field and rarely gets stuck on a block. With his ability to penetrate the backfield look for McCargo to be a potential 1st round draft pick whenever he comes out, he has that kind of potential. He has the ability to be the 1st DT selected and that is saying something considering the other players at that position. However, his success might be partially due to the fact that he is surrounded by two great DE’s in Lawson and Williams, yet one must take into consideration McCargo is the one out of those three that is consistently double teamed. Strengths:
• Ability to slit the double team
• Is a great pass rusher from DT position
• Stays low and gets a solid push on the OL consistently

Socal you will like this pic LOL
http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/images/Profiles/johnmccargo.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/johnmccargo.shtml

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 02:29 AM
OSKIE and the Raiders remain on the clock that started at 10:44 pm pacific time Feb 24th.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-25-2006, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=SoCalBronco]New Orleans clock has just expired.

You really think he can beat out Middlebrooks????? ;D

Ray Finkle
02-25-2006, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=SoCalBronco]New Orleans clock has just expired.

You really think he can beat out Middlebrooks????? ;D

Slick Willie was cut...

Broncoman13
02-25-2006, 10:41 AM

DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was my pick you farker!

Broncoman13
02-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Since SoCal grabbed my guy the Oakland Raiders select Reggie McNeal, QB Texas A&M.

The Raiders and Al Davis have always been in love with speed and McNeal is the fastest QB in the draft and one of the fastest overall players of any position. While the Raiders are expected to hang on to Kerry Collins and perhaps even pursue a trade of Dante Culpepper, the choice of McNeal makes sense. He'll take a year or two of development and has the ability to change positions. The Raiders don't need help at WR so I suspect he'll stick as a QB on the Raiders roster.

Height: 6-2 | Weight: 209 | 40-Time: 4.35

Official Bio

Strengths:
An amazing athlete with rare speed for any position let alone quarterback...Has a great arm and quick release...Can move outside the pocket and throw on the run...Has about a 2-to-1 TD / INT ratio the past couple of seasons...Very tough...Shows flashes of brilliance...The type of running threat that keeps defenders up at night...Has a lot of tools to work with and some major upside.

Weaknesses:
Very erratic as a passer...Struggles to read defenses...Makes bad decisions under pressure...Leadership abilities have been questioned...Stares down his intended targets...Despite his speed he is no Michael Vick when it comes to moves...Is not very tall and gets too many passes knocked down at the line...Is too cautious and worried about making the big mistake...Raw overall and will need development.

Notes:
May have to make a position change since he is a much better athlete than quarterback...Did not have the huge senior season everyone was expecting...Will more than likely get an opportunity to be a pro signal caller and in a worst-case scenario could move to wide receiver...An interesting prospect to say the least.

watermock
02-25-2006, 11:01 AM
Sounds like a Randal El in the making...who BTW...iced the SB with a perfect pass off a reverse...

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Tennessee and Hawk's Boys are on the clock.

Broncoman13
02-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Sounds like a Randal El in the making...who BTW...iced the SB with a perfect pass off a reverse...

He's not nearly as nimble as Randle El. While he has great speed he isn't a slasher like Kordell was. He's more speed than quick. I'd take him on the Broncos in a heartbeat though. He's a better QB than BVP and he's faster as well. He would make the team I'm sure!

Broncoman13
02-25-2006, 11:20 AM
The Raiders Draft thus far:

1. A.J. Hawk, LB
2. Rod Wright, DT
3. Dom Byrd, TE
4. Reggie McNeal, QB

ColoradoBuff
02-25-2006, 11:34 AM
With the 101st pick the Tennessee Titans.......selects Jason Avant, WR, U. of Michigan.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#1f6884><TD style="BACKGROUND: none transparent scroll repeat 0% 0%" target="_blank" bluegradient.gif? images www.nfldraftcountdown.com http:>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/bluegradient.gif) repeat-y" colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=right colSpan=2>Height: 6-1 | Weight: 213 | 40-Time: 4.50 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerpics/wr/jasonavant.jpg
Official Bio (http://mgoblue.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=112&section_id=258&top=2&level=3&season=955)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Strengths:
Is a very good athlete...Has good size...Is a threat in the red zone due to his size, hands and ability to go up and get the ball...Very polished with good hands...Smart, tough player with good character and top intangibles...Productive and did a nice job of stepping up to replace Braylon Edwards as a senior.

Weaknesses:
Does not have elite speed or quickness...May have trouble gaining separation from cornerbacks at the next level...Is not much of a deep threat...Doesn't provide much in terms of running after the catch...Has been known to drop some catchable balls due to lack of concentration...Might not have a whole lot of upside.

Notes:
Probably not a #1 wide receiver in the pros but he could be a solid #2 or possession guy...What you see is what you get with him and while he may never be a star he is a very solid player who can play in the NFL for a long time.

Pick was made at 10:35 AM...Mountain Time

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Miami and NFLBRONCO are on the clock.

NFLBRONCO
02-25-2006, 01:52 PM
With the 102 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select:

Charlie Whitehurst QB Clemson

11:52 PST 12:52 MST 1:52 CST 2:52 EST

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 01:56 PM
DBroncos4Life and the Packers are on the clock.

EDIT: DB PMed me his selection and alternatives a few days ago. I just want to confirm with him the choice via PM on another site (he cant access the site right now). If he doesnt respond in a few hours, I will go ahead and go with what he told me a few days ago.

EDIT: I confirmed with DB his selection. The Green Bay Packers have selected RB Gerald Riggs Jr. of Tennessee.

http://web.knoxnews.com/slideshows/gvx05orangewhite/0416utfootball4cc.jpg

Pick made at 12:27 pm Pacific time. Eddie Mac and the Bills are on the clock.

eddie mac
02-25-2006, 04:58 PM
With the 104th pick of the 2006 draft the Buffalo Bills select Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee 6'2" 300

Jesse Mahelona | #55

Defensive Tackle - Tennessee

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 300
The man just makes plays, he has great instincts and a nose for the ball. Does not have favorable measurables, but is exceptionally quick for a 300 lbs. tackle. Mahelona can always be found in the opposing team's backfield, he's a fantastic pass rusher and good against the run as well. He is only 6'2", but with his quickness and motor he is still a great tackle prospect. If he has as good a senior year as he had a junior year, I think he could sneak into the first round or be a very nice value pick in the second round. I just love the way he plays the game. A tremendous talent, and a talent that I feel not many people recognize - yet.

Strengths:
• Great quickness, acceleration & burst off the line
• Has football instincts, a nose for the ball

Weaknesses:
• Is a little short for the position
• Does not over power people

Bills draft to date

8 Michael Huff S Texas
42 Leonard Pope TE Florida St
70 Victor Adeyanju DE Indiana
73 Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston C
104 Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee

Pick made at 23-00 GMT or 15-00 Pacific Time

ICON and New England are on the clock.

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 05:08 PM
With the 104th pick of the 2006 draft the Buffalo Bills select Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee 6'2" 300

Jesse Mahelona | #55

Defensive Tackle - Tennessee

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 300
The man just makes plays, he has great instincts and a nose for the ball. Does not have favorable measurables, but is exceptionally quick for a 300 lbs. tackle. Mahelona can always be found in the opposing team's backfield, he's a fantastic pass rusher and good against the run as well. He is only 6'2", but with his quickness and motor he is still a great tackle prospect. If he has as good a senior year as he had a junior year, I think he could sneak into the first round or be a very nice value pick in the second round. I just love the way he plays the game. A tremendous talent, and a talent that I feel not many people recognize - yet.

Strengths:
• Great quickness, acceleration & burst off the line
• Has football instincts, a nose for the ball

Weaknesses:
• Is a little short for the position
• Does not over power people

Bills draft to date

8 Michael Huff S Texas
42 Leonard Pope TE Florida St
70 Victor Adeyanju DE Indiana
73 Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston C
104 Jesse Mahelona DT Tennessee

Pick made at 23-00 GMT or 15-00 Pacific Time

ICON and New England are on the clock.

Excellent selection and excellent value in the 4th. I really like Mahelona, he started to look like his 2004 form a little bit at the Senior Bowl practices. Id be very happy if Denver got him in Rd 2 should we not pick DT in Round 1. Good push from inside, great pad level.

SoCalBronco
02-25-2006, 05:09 PM
New England the ICON are on the clock.

Rascal
02-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Damnit eddie mac that's who I was going to pick to go with Brodrick Bunkley.

Arkie
02-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Excellent selection and excellent value in the 4th. I really like Mahelona, he started to look like his 2004 form a little bit at the Senior Bowl practices. Id be very happy if Denver got him in Rd 2 should we not pick DT in Round 1. Good push from inside, great pad level.

There's lots of DT talent in this draft. I have to pass on these studs because I have the best DT tandem in the league. If I had any other team besides the Jags, I would have grabbed Orien Harris in the 2nd. :thumbs:

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 11:04 AM
ICON's time expired about 6 hours ago. So Arkansas Bronco and the Cards are on the clock.

Arkansas Bronco
02-26-2006, 11:27 AM
@ 12:30pm Eastern time the Cardinals take Mark Setterstrom, OG, 6-3, 313 Minnesota

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Drek and the Bears are on the clock.

ICON can still make a pick at any time.

Ray Finkle
02-26-2006, 11:55 AM
can we speed things up next round...maybe give them 8 hours?

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 11:58 AM
can we speed things up next round...maybe give them 8 hours?

That's probably pushing it too much. Alot of people at work dont necessarily have internet access or if they have it, its closely monitored. We are already going pretty fast. We'll probably complete the full 7 rounds a couple weeks before the draft.

Arkansas Bronco
02-26-2006, 12:33 PM
I must agree with that although i can get online at work i know several other cant when ever they want to. 12 hours isnt to long and sometimes we get alot of picks knocked out in one day. We moved along much slower last year.

Drek
02-26-2006, 03:31 PM
The Bears Select Stephen Tulloch, OLB, North Carolina St.
5'10", 231, will play primarily WLB.

Strengths: Is an instinctive, quick and aggressive WLB. At his best when protected. Shows very good initial quickness, balance and body control. Takes solid angles and shows some closing burst to the ball carrier. Has good upper-body power for his size and shows good initial pop at the POA as a tackler. He wraps up in space and does a good job of playing under control. He shows good initial burst and instincts as a pass rusher. Shows adequate range in zone coverage. Does a good job of reading QB's eyes and plays with good discipline in zone. Shows some versatility as a possible WLB and/or ILB in the NFL. Also has the right mental makeup and tackling skills to excel on special teams in the NFL. A young prospect; will be just 21 years old when drafted. Also has been durable.

Weaknesses: Is short and lacks ideal bulk. Will get engulfed by bigger blockers at the POA. Needs to be in space to be effective. Lacks elite speed and will struggle to overcome his lack of size in the NFL as easily as he did in college. Must improve his lower body strength and hand usage in order to more effectively get off of blocks. Lack of ideal size and top-end speed will limit him in terms of some man-to-man matchups in coverage at the next level. Does not show great ball skills in coverage. Lacks ideal playing experience and may suffer through a bigger learning curve than most other prospects from his class.

Overall: Tulloch played as a reserve in all 12 games as a true freshman in 2003. He started six of the 11 games that he played as a sophomore in 2004 and finished that season with 75 tackles and 14 tackles for loss. He missed 2005 spring workouts after undergoing shoulder surgery in January. Tulloch started all 12 games as a junior in 2005 and finished with 134 tackles, 21 TFL, six sacks and one interception. Tulloch lacks ideal size and possesses just adequate top-end speed, but he is a quick, instinctive and tough WLB that emerged as a dynamic playmaker as a senior in 2005 and seems to have his best football still ahead of him. Tulloch has the potential to eventually emerge as a starting WLB or ILB in the NFL and he should immediately contribute on special teams. In our opinion, Tulloch is worth selecting in the third round of the 2006 draft.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 03:33 PM
Slappy and the Rams are on the clock.

24champ
02-26-2006, 04:40 PM
The Bears Select Stephen Tulloch, OLB, North Carolina St.
5'10", 231, will play primarily WLB.
he was on my radar, good pick.

-Slap-
02-26-2006, 04:42 PM
With the 108th pick in the 2006 Orange Mane Draft the St Louis Rams select Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado.

http://web.dailycamera.com/photos/1113buffs/7.jpg
Joe Klopfenstein of CU make a difficult
touchdown catch over Kansas State

The 6'6", 245 pound senior from Colorado shoul provide a solid red zone weapon for the Rams. Last year's starter at tight end, Brandon Manumaleuna, was basically just a third tackle in the St Louis offense, chipping in a paltry 13 receptions all year.

4-108 - Joe Klopfenstein TE Colorado

Pick Six
02-26-2006, 04:44 PM
Cleveland and PortisFanForever is now on the clock...

Mr. Trout
02-26-2006, 05:43 PM
dammit my guys are flying off the board.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 05:58 PM
dammit my guys are flying off the board.

Yeah, the pool is starting to get a little smaller now, but I still count at least 11 Day One caliber prospects still on the board.

Mr. Trout
02-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the pool is starting to get a little smaller now, but I still count at least 11 Day One caliber prospects still on the board.

Yeah, I still got a couple solid guys in mind. I'm just having to look up more information on a few of them.

PortisFanForever
02-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Jerome Harrison RB 5’9 196 Washington St.

Harrison will be a nice compliment to Droughns. He catches well as a receiver and could be a good change of pace RB.

Jerome Harrison became a Cougar after a standout career at Pasadena(CA) City College. Despite playing for a poor team, Harrison managed to rush for 1,849 yards with 19 touchdowns in two seasons at PCC. He moved on to Washington St. and had a very solid junior season, rushing for 900 yards and nine touchdowns. Nobody anticipated the breakout, All American season he had this year though. Harrison led the nation in rushing with 1,900 yards and 16 touchdowns, and added 206 yards and one touchdown on 24 receptions.

Harrison has very good quickness and is one of the quickest backs in this draft out of the blocks. His initial burst to the hole is excellent. He displays the ability to cut and make people miss once in the open field, and the ability to turn the corner for the big run. While not a power back, he always keeps his feet moving and does not go down on first contact. Harrison also shows the ability to be a threat out of the backfield as a receiver.

The only glaring weakness in Harrison’s game is his lack of size. He was measured in at just 5’9 196 at the Senior Bowl in January. He runs tough, but his lack of bulk and strength may prevent him from being an everydown back at the next level.

Harrison’s huge senior campaign has put his name on everyone’s radar. He has a lot of talent, but his lack of size limits his potential at the next level. He looks to have the capability of being a very good third down back at the next level. With his success during the season and Senior Bowl, Harrison should hear his name called in the third to fourth round area.

PortisFanForever
02-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Time of pick was 9:05 Eastern Time

Mr. Trout
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
good pick...he should get a couple carries a game to spell Droughns.

Pick Six
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Baltimore and Mr. Peepers is on the clock...

NFLBRONCO
02-26-2006, 08:31 PM
Deuce Lutui, G, USC. Lutui had a good, steady week at the Senior Bowl and moved to the head of the guard class, pushing to the fringe of day 1. He's absolutely huge (6-6, 365) but moves his feet well and has a little bit of a nasty streak. He played tackle and guard at USC – a big plus for haveing who like that flexibility.:sunshine: PICK 105

Look at pick # 71 I took him

ICON
02-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Maurice Drew (2006) PICK 105

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Position: RB Number: 21
School: UCLA Height: 5'8

He is a player at the running back position that plays much bigger than his size
He is somewhat on the smaller side stature wise but he makes up for it in his (YAC) yards after contact, where he breaks numerous arm tackles with his strong upper body and lower leg drive
He is not the type of runner with game breaking speed but tends to consistently break a long run or two at some point of every game I watch him in
He also seems to be dangerous catching the ball coming out of the backfield and turning a small dump off into a big gain
He is an intriguing player in that he has more production than his physical tools and talents I think would allow him, he has that "Emmitt Smith" production about him, just has that determination to be the best player he can be, despite what physical limitations he may lack

Rascal
02-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Damn slap that's who I was going to take.

MrPeepers
02-26-2006, 10:13 PM
The Ravens take Charles Bennett DE Clemson with pick 110 @ 9:06 2-26-06

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 723pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=962 border=0 x:str><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 11.25pt" height=15><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 22pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=29 height=15>Pos.</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 93pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=124>Name</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 16pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=21>#</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>HGHT</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>WGHT</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 31pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=41 x:num>40</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Alt. Pos.</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 38pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=50>Bench</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 38pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=50>Squat</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Shuttle</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Cone</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Vert.</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Wonderlic</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 53pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=71>DOB</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Injury</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 700; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; WIDTH: 48pt; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial, sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" width=64>Grade</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 11.25pt" height=15><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none" height=15>DE</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-DECORATION: none">Bennett, Charles</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>86</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>6040</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>242</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none">OB</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>37</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num="30410">4/4/1983</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>0</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 1px; FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; VERTICAL-ALIGN: bottom; BORDER-LEFT: 1px solid; COLOR: windowtext; PADDING-TOP: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px solid; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap; TEXT-ALIGN: center; TEXT-DECORATION: none" x:num>1.90</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
OVERVIEW
One of Clemson's top returning defenders and a leading candidate for all-conference honors...had 48 tackles to rank fi rst on the Clemson team among defensive linemen in 2004...second on the club in tackles for loss with 14, he also led the team in quarterback pressures with 11... had fi ve sacks to rank 10th in the ACC in sacks per game...tied for fi rst in the ACC in caused fumbles with three...first Tiger to have at least three caused fumbles in a season Bryant McNeal had four in 2001...one of the most improved players in the ACC among defensive players, he had just 10 tackles as a sophomore in 2003, he improved to 48 as a junior...went from one tackle for loss to 14...enters senior year with 15 career tackles for loss and six sacks...veteran of over 500 snaps on defense and he has already played 34 games...has missed just one game the last two years...had career high 10 tackles at Florida State in 2004 to match his entire 2003 season total.

Had at least one tackle for loss in eight of the last nine games...had all 14 of his tackles behind the line of scrimmage over the last nine games of the season...had two sacks for 24 lost yards in the win over Utah State... had two tackles for loss, a sack and seven tackles in the win at 10th ranked Miami (FL)...had all fi ve of his sacks over the last six games of the season...had career high three tackles for loss at Duke when he had fi ve tackles...had two caused fumbles at Miami (FL), fi rst Clemson player to cause two fumbles in the same game since Tony DeSue against NC State in 1996...had two interceptions during the 2004 season, one at Duke and one in the win over NC State...had 39-yard interception return on the last play of the NC State game, it iced the tense victory for the Tigers...it was a nice time for his fi rst career interception...it was the longest interception return of the 2004 season for a Clemson player.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 10:15 PM
FADERPROOF and the Falcons are on the clock

-Slap-
02-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Damn slap that's who I was going to take.
I think a lot of people were targeting Joe Klop in round four. I was actually kind of surprised to see him still on the board. Glad, though, because he fills a major need for St Louis.

SoCalBronco
02-26-2006, 10:51 PM
That was a good pick Slappy. Good value. Scout.com has him ranked as the No.4 TE in the draft above Fasano and Byrd, and the #78 overall prospect. For awhile there I was fearing you were going to take a guy I am hoping slides to the top of Round Five, so Im glad you took Klop. :)

Clockwork Orange
02-27-2006, 02:36 PM
FADERPROOF's time has expired, orangefan is now on the clock. FADERPROOF can still jump in at any time and make his pick.

orangefan
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
With the 112th pick San Diego selects: Parys Haralson DE/OLB Tennessee

orangefan
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Above pick made at 2:40pm CST

WABronco
02-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Solid selection...

Rascal
02-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Damn somebody else off my list.

Clockwork Orange
02-27-2006, 02:58 PM
NFLBRONCO is on the clock.

FADERPROOF
02-27-2006, 03:14 PM
The Atlanta Falcons select: Mike Kudla, DE, Ohio State.

May have been taken a bit early, but trust me, the guy is a workhorse that will be a very good DE in the NFL, and he's a Falcon now.

Rascal
02-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Damn somebody else off my list.

Dangit!!

Drek
02-27-2006, 03:19 PM
The Atlanta Falcons select: Mike Kudla, DE, Ohio State.

May have been taken a bit early, but trust me, the guy is a workhorse that will be a very good DE in the NFL, and he's a Falcon now.
Its not early, ESPN had him as a mid round pick pre-combine and he's blown up there, he'll be a first day pick. Way to snag value as the combine unveils some hidden gems.

This is a great week to have the middle rounds lined up for our mock, interest is running extra high so picks are going quickly, and we're all getting an inside look on who the late round risers are.

NFLBRONCO
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
With the 113th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Joseph Addai RB LSU

FADERPROOF
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Its not early, ESPN had him as a mid round pick pre-combine and he's blown up there, he'll be a first day pick. Way to snag value as the combine unveils some hidden gems.

This is a great week to have the middle rounds lined up for our mock, interest is running extra high so picks are going quickly, and we're all getting an inside look on who the late round risers are.

His strength is what will get NFL teams' attention, Kudla owns all OSU bench records.

The guy was near death in 2003, battled back from his illness and is now ready for the NFL, pretty good story.

WABronco
02-27-2006, 03:21 PM
Wow, how is he not gone yet?

SpringStein
02-27-2006, 03:22 PM
With the 113th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Joseph Addai RB LSU

Again, to be redundant, a high 3rd round pick going in round 4.

Deep, deep.

EDIT *** No wonder he was such a good value! ;)

Clockwork Orange
NFLBRONCO, Joseph Addai was taken in round 2 by Mediator.

WABronco
He's gone, went to Indy at 62 I believe...

NFLBRONCO
02-27-2006, 03:24 PM
How about for Miami

Mike Bell RB Arizona :)

2:32 PST 3:32 MST 4:32 CST 5:32 EST

Clockwork Orange
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
That works. :)

watermock is now on the clock.

watermock
02-27-2006, 04:43 PM
mock hires a baby sitter and hopes he can convert Marcus Vick/ATH-V.Tech... into a Wr/QB...with Pepp on the block and Brad next to SS, mock rolls the dice here...

INDIANAPOLIS — There are few questions about whether Marcus Vick has the athletic tools deserving of an opportunity to play in the NFL. But for Vick the evaluations are much deeper than whether he can consistently throw the deep out.

Marcus Vick's arm is purportedly better than Michael's. But he has other things to prove to the NFL first.
By Michael Conroy, AP

He was kicked out of Virginia Tech's program for a series of incidents that included stepping on a player in a bowl game and he faces a March 13 court date on charges of brandishing a handgun.

That's why the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons star Michael Vick has been in full spin-control mode at the NFL Scouting Combine.

"I'm not going to go in there and bite my tongue, beat around the bush or lie about situations," Vick said of interviews with NFL teams that are part of the combine. "Because they'll find out the truth. So, I'm telling them the truth and will be positive about it."

Vick, 21, knew his checkered past would follow him here and seemed prepared for the onslaught of questions. He was calm, patient and looked reporters in the eye without a hint of agitation during a media session Friday.

For the first time, the quarterback publicly addressed the incident at a McDonald's parking lot in Suffolk, Va., which led to three misdemeanor charges filed against him just days after he was booted from the Hokies with a year of eligibility remaining.

He insisted it was a cellphone, and not a handgun, that he was carrying when engaged in a dispute with three teenagers.

"I don't carry around guns," he said. "I don't own a gun."

Attorney Larry Woodward said Vick was following his advice by not publicly offering his version until now.

Referring to his accusers, Vick added, "Now I've heard the guys are trying to bribe me for money and different things of that nature. One guy, last week, he just got locked up for armed robbery."

It's a series of events, though, that raises a red flag on Vick. He stepped on the calf of Louisville defensive end Elvis Dumervil in the Gator Bowl, which combined with traffic violations to prompt the school to sever ties. He was also suspended for the entire 2004 season after other incidents.

"At this point in my life, I just want a team to give me a shot," Vick said. "It doesn't matter the round or how much money."

Mention Vick to NFL decision-makers, and it is apparent he has much work to do to solidify his status. Never mind that his arm is purportedly better than his big brother's.

"A lot of research," Kansas City Chiefs President Carl Peterson said.

Added Detroit Lions President Matt Millen: "Nobody shows up here with a halo on his head. Each team has to determine what they believe and what they want to question. But he's a talent with some upside."

Millen said that because of Vick's position, questions about Vick's character are even more critical.

Michael Vick, drafted No. 1 overall in 2001, hopes his brother has been shaken up enough by his recent problems that the worst is behind him.

"If Marcus has an opportunity to play in the NFL, he'll mature a lot more," Michael said. "It's totally different than being in college. In the pros, you're required to be somewhere early in the morning. You've got to present yourself a certain way ... He's not a bad kid. I hope people will see that."

Asked if he could describe his situation as walking on eggshells, Marcus Vick didn't disagree.

"But that's what I need," Marcus said. "I need to be walking around on a thin line, just to make sure that every decision I make is a correct decision."

Clockwork Orange
02-27-2006, 04:58 PM
Mr. Trout is now on the clock.

watermock
02-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Height: 6-foot-0
Weight: 212 pounds
Class Year: Jr
Experience: 1V
High School: Warwick
Hometown: Newport News, VA
Squat Max: 450 lbs
Bench Max: 300 lbs

"Has gun...will carry"
40 time: 4.28 seconds

24champ
02-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Mock I think you reached with marcus vick, hes nothing but a walking MOC clone.

Mr. Trout
02-27-2006, 05:10 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles proudly select...

Kyle Williams, DT, LSU

6'1", 295 lbs.

http://xostech.cache.streamos.com/pics28/200/BE/BEXFWOLVJOOOBRR.20050801234210.jpg

This is a value pick as Kyle was predicted to go somewhere in the third round by most accounts. He has a relentless motor and never gives up on a play. The Eagles are thin at the DT position after starters Mike Patterson and Darwin Walker. Behind them are Hollis Thomas who is fat and slow and continuously griping about his contract, and Sam Rayburn who is nothing special. Kyle Williams should see significant playing time in his rookie season spelling either Patterson or Walker.

Kyle Williams is one of the more underrated defensive tackles in the country. He has outstanding quickness from the interior line and is able to get into the backfield with surprising regularity. Williams has a motor that runs on high at all times and he brings an intensity and effort that inspires his teammates. He is a leader in every sense of the word. He never gives up on a play and will often run a play down from behind (downfield). As hard-working as they come. Williams teamed with Claude Wroten to form one of the best DT tandems in the country. And the two complimented each other quite well.

Williams is a bit undersized and would probably be best used as a one gap DT. He could still add some bulk and has to add some strength as he can get overpowered by the better guards and tackles in the league. With the recent troubles of his teammate, Wroten, Williams will garner some more attention than he did before and will likely be a mid- to late-first day pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.

Mr. Trout
02-27-2006, 05:11 PM
pick made at 5:10 CST. Rascal and the jets are on the clock.

Eagles draft so far:
1a. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
1b. Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
4a. Kyle Williams, DT, LSU

watermock
02-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Mock I think you reached with marcus vick, hes nothing but a walking MOC clone.

Not MoC when he can run a 4.28...

Rascal
02-27-2006, 05:40 PM
Lets see:

Klopfenstein...gone
Haralson...gone
Mahelona...gone
Kyle Williams...gone

Back to the drawing board.

Drek
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Not MoC when he can run a 4.28...
Too bad he ran in the 4.4's yesterday huh?

watermock
02-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Quarterbacks – Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick (4.42) ...noone is busting records on that field...

Except for Vernon Davis, who i traded for in our mock draft...name anyone faster...

-Slap-
02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles proudly select...

Kyle Williams, DT, LSU

6'1", 295 lbs.

http://xostech.cache.streamos.com/pics28/200/BE/BEXFWOLVJOOOBRR.20050801234210.jpg

This is a value pick as Kyle was predicted to go somewhere in the third round by most accounts. He has a relentless motor and never gives up on a play. The Eagles are thin at the DT position after starters Mike Patterson and Darwin Walker. Behind them are Hollis Thomas who is fat and slow and continuously griping about his contract, and Sam Rayburn who is nothing special. Kyle Williams should see significant playing time in his rookie season spelling either Patterson or Walker.

Kyle Williams is one of the more underrated defensive tackles in the country. He has outstanding quickness from the interior line and is able to get into the backfield with surprising regularity. Williams has a motor that runs on high at all times and he brings an intensity and effort that inspires his teammates. He is a leader in every sense of the word. He never gives up on a play and will often run a play down from behind (downfield). As hard-working as they come. Williams teamed with Claude Wroten to form one of the best DT tandems in the country. And the two complimented each other quite well.

Williams is a bit undersized and would probably be best used as a one gap DT. He could still add some bulk and has to add some strength as he can get overpowered by the better guards and tackles in the league. With the recent troubles of his teammate, Wroten, Williams will garner some more attention than he did before and will likely be a mid- to late-first day pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.
Finally. Kyle Williams name came up in this thread several pages ago, so I can't believe he's lasted this long. I would have snagged him @ 108 if Klopfenstein had been off the board.

Rascal
02-27-2006, 07:34 PM
I was going to take him as well.

Mr. Trout
02-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Are you deep in thought Rascal?

watermock
02-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Pepp is rumored to be on his way out...Brad Johnson isn't any spring chicken...All Vick needs is a few boat rides with Smooty to get his attitude straight...that's too much talent to pass on in the 4th...I'll make him a WR...or CB...noone is runing fast times cept the freak....

watermock
02-27-2006, 09:35 PM
http://www.stephenfurst.com/auto/pics/furst78.jpg
Slappy took Flounder....

watermock
02-27-2006, 09:54 PM
From the tie...I think Flounder wanted to go to the horheads....

Drek
02-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Quarterbacks – Virginia Tech's Marcus Vick (4.42) ...noone is busting records on that field...

Except for Vernon Davis, who i traded for in our mock draft...name anyone faster...
Chad Jackson already outran him, Maurice Drew was only .01 behind. We also haven't gotten to DBs yet, where most of the real speedsters are.

However, yeah, I've been watching a lot of the combine and the 40 times aren't exactly setting the world on fire. Maybe it has something to do with latency in the string finish line they use.

SpringStein
02-28-2006, 07:40 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Rascal and Jets timed out a couple of hours ago. If so, Icon and Patriots are on the clock.

Rascal
02-28-2006, 09:04 AM
With the Jets pick I select:

Anwar Phillips of Penn State

Jets draft picks:
Reggie Bush (RB)
Broderick Bunkley (DT)
Daryn Colledge (OT)
Anwar Phillips (CB)

Two blue chippers and two solid contributors. Thrilled with the results.

Thanks Socal!

ICON
02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Todd Watkins

Position: WR Number: 01
School: BYU Height: 6'3

This is a big play wide receiver who tends to always make big plays down the field consistently whenever I watch a game he plays in
This is a player that is suppose to run a 4.38(40yds), thats moving and it shows on the field, he is a former junior college transfer that has stepped his play up with the level of his competition
He has nice hands, excellent eye-hand coordination, and has the rare ability of adjusting to the ball and fending off defenders to where only he is in the best position to catching the ball
With his thin build he could use some more weight & strength, along with some bulk in his legs, all this would elevate his game to another level
I do need more evaluation time on this player before I can feel comfortable with his total package of skills.:pimp:

Pick Six
02-28-2006, 01:10 PM
The Broncos and Clockwork Orange are on the clock...

TheManeMan
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Dont disappoint us CO... ;D

Clockwork Orange
02-28-2006, 03:38 PM
The Denver Broncos select Jeremy Bloom, WR/KR/PR, Colorado.

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20051011/all/l1596043.jpg

As I've already shown, I'm willing to roll the dice. Bloom's potential at WR is pretty limited, he'll likely never be more than a 4th receiver at the NFL level. Even so, other teams 4th corner better be pretty damn fast to keep up with this kid. His potential as a return man is off the charts. He could be the Broncos version of Dainty Hall, a threat to take a punt or kickoff to the house every time the ball's in his hands. This will also allow Darrent Williams to focus solely on his job as the Broncos #2 corner and save some wear and tear on his body.

This pick was made at 2:38 P.M. MST. Drek is on the clock.

ColoradoBuff
02-28-2006, 04:19 PM

As I've already shown, I'm willing to roll the dice. Bloom's potential at WR is pretty limited, he'll likely never be more than a 4th receiver at the NFL level. Even so, other teams 4th corner better be pretty damn fast to keep up with this kid. His potential as a return man is off the charts. He could be the Broncos version of Dainty Hall, a threat to take a punt or kickoff to the house every time the ball's in his hands. This will also allow Darrent Williams to focus solely on his job as the Broncos #2 corner and save some wear and tear on his body.

Nice Pick!!

Broncoman13
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
A little early, but worth it to secure his services. I'd like to think we can get him in the 5th or 6th now. Perhaps, if we get a comp in the 4th we could use it on Bloom. That would be a good spot for him IMO. I'm sure teams will take into consideration that he's barely been running as of late. I'm also fairly confident that Bloom will run better when he has a pro-day workout. Give him a month. If he gets his time down from 4.49 to say 4.4 flat I think he'll climb right back up the charts. 4th round is where he'll probably go if that's the case.

eddie mac
02-28-2006, 05:14 PM

At least you replaced Warren in the 1st rd CO.:thumbsup:

Clockwork Orange
02-28-2006, 05:25 PM
A little early, but worth it to secure his services. I'd like to think we can get him in the 5th or 6th now. Perhaps, if we get a comp in the 4th we could use it on Bloom. That would be a good spot for him IMO. I'm sure teams will take into consideration that he's barely been running as of late. I'm also fairly confident that Bloom will run better when he has a pro-day workout. Give him a month. If he gets his time down from 4.49 to say 4.4 flat I think he'll climb right back up the charts. 4th round is where he'll probably go if that's the case.

I thought so too at first but then I figured that someone might nab him between now and when my other 4th rounder came up.

This kid is dedicated, motivated and has no character or legal issues. There's not a whole lot of downside to taking a chance on him.

Drek
02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
With our second 4th round selection the Chicago Bears select.....

Ryan Cook, OL, New Mexico
(6'6", 321 lbs.)

Strengths: Is a massive OC prospect. Might project better in the NFL at OT. Is tall and has filled out his frame. Possesses long arms and a wide wingspan. Actually shows good initial quickness for his size. Is difficult to get around in pass pro. He has a strong upper body and does a good job of using his long arms to keep separation in pass pro. He will engulf smaller defenders at the POA. He possesses the size and strength to anchor vs. the bull rush when he plays with good leverage. He has good stamina for his size and plays with a good motor. His leadership skills are much improved from earlier in his career.

Weaknesses: Is still too raw in his technique. Needs to improve his angles as a run blocker and hand placement in pass pro. He has a tendency to play too erect at times. Will lose his power in the phone booth when he plays too tall. Also can look stiff when he's trying to shuffle laterally but isn't playing with leverage. Not a natural knee bender. Almost too tall for an OC in the NFL. Will have a tough time getting a good push vs. shorter, squatty two-gap NT-types. Lacks great speed and downfield mobility. The more space he's asked to cover the less effective he becomes as a run blocker. There are also questions about his mental capacity and ability to pick things up quickly at the NFL level.

Overall: Former walk-on who redshirted in 2001 and was placed on scholarship in the fall of 2002. Prior to his senior season in 2005, Cook had played in 35 career games with 30 consecutive starts. Cook is a late-bloomer who made huge strides between his sophomore season in 2003 and junior season in 2004, adding 20 pounds and significantly improving his feet and strength. He is one of the biggest center prospects in this class and he also shows impressive feet and quickness for a player his size. Cook must still improve overall technique and learn to play with more consistent leverage. He grades out as a solid mid-round prospect right now, and his draft stock is very much on the rise. Also making Cook an intriguing developmental prospect is his potential to move outside to tackle, where he has the frame and feet to eventually push for a starting job in the NFL.

A developmental project for a team with a good but aging line. We plan to develop him at OT.

Clockwork Orange
02-28-2006, 05:26 PM
At least you replaced Warren in the 1st rd CO.:thumbsup:

With things looking bleak on the CBA front and the prospect of losing Gerard Warren (which wasn't there at the time I made the pick) I'm very glad I moved up and nabbed Ngata. :)

Clockwork Orange
02-28-2006, 05:27 PM
Big Guy is now on the clock.

ICON
02-28-2006, 06:32 PM
14907After makeing my picks in this mock draft ,I can only hope DENVER does not trade any of are picks, this draft is just to F-ING Deep. WOW....JUST.... WOW....THE SKIN'S GOT "fleeced" Haha

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Sorry I am running late guys. I just got in from Charlotte and there was not one word about the draft or the combine in the papers or on the sports talk stations over the last three days. Maybe they should just forfiet their pick???

OK - Panthers need a little depth at LB so they select Omar Gaither of Tennessee.

SpringStein
02-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Tampa Bay finally addresses their #1 need:

OT Derek Morris, OT, NC State

Bengals and KillerBronco are on the clock. Pick made at 9:50 pm MST

24champ
02-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Tampa Bay finally addresses their #1 need:

OT Derek Morris, OT, NC State

Bengals and KillerBronco are on the clock. Pick made at 9:50 pm MST
DAMMIT! THAT WAS MY FREAKING PICK!LOL Seriously the guy was numero uno on my to draft list. Great pick.

Oh well back to the drawing board.....

SpringStein
03-01-2006, 11:20 AM
KillerBroncotime is up -

Giants and Ray Finkle are on the clock.

Ray Finkle
03-01-2006, 11:50 AM
KillerBroncotime is up -

Giants and Ray Finkle are on the clock.

How can I be on the clock if Killerbronco is up?

Mediator12
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM

His TIME is up. Therefore you are free to pick at any time yourself ;D

Rascal
03-01-2006, 11:59 AM

His time has expired hence you are on the clock.

Ray Finkle
03-01-2006, 12:05 PM
His time has expired hence you are on the clock.

alrighty then...The Giants select:

Jon Alston OLB Stanford
Strengths:
Very athletic...Has excellent speed and quickness...Smart player who has great instincts...Very active and aggressive...A big hitter...Solid tackler and a good blitzer...Does a tremendous job in coverage...Has superb range with a burst and closes fast...Plays bigger than he is...Will make for a great special teams player.

Weaknesses:
Undersized both in terms of height and weight...Needs to get stronger and pack on some pounds...Struggles to take on and shed blockers...Might need to be in the right scheme to succeed...Might only be a situational player at the next level.

Notes:
A bit of a linebacker / safety 'tweener...Productive college player who should work out well...Doesn't have the size you look for but with his speed and athleticism it wouldn't be a surprise if he were drafted earlier than some might expect.

Pick was made at 1:05 EST

Pick Six
03-01-2006, 12:12 PM
The Jaguars (Arkie) are on the clock...

Mediator12
03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
alrighty then...The Giants select:

Jon Alston OLB Stanford
Strengths:
Very athletic...Has excellent speed and quickness...Smart player who has great instincts...Very active and aggressive...A big hitter...Solid tackler and a good blitzer...Does a tremendous job in coverage...Has superb range with a burst and closes fast...Plays bigger than he is...Will make for a great special teams player.

Weaknesses:
Undersized both in terms of height and weight...Needs to get stronger and pack on some pounds...Struggles to take on and shed blockers...Might need to be in the right scheme to succeed...Might only be a situational player at the next level.

Notes:
A bit of a linebacker / safety 'tweener...Productive college player who should work out well...Doesn't have the size you look for but with his speed and athleticism it wouldn't be a surprise if he were drafted earlier than some might expect.

Pick was made at 1:05 EST

After his workouts yesterday that looks like a steal for the LB poor giants. This is a good overall LB draft too. they should be able to get a playmaker and some better depth as well. Nice pick!

Ray Finkle
03-01-2006, 01:09 PM
After his workouts yesterday that looks like a steal for the LB poor giants. This is a good overall LB draft too. they should be able to get a playmaker and some better depth as well. Nice pick!

Thank you. I thought about taking him in the previous round but thought he would slide to me here....I was hoping no one watched his workout....

Arkie
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
The Jaguars select Jason Spitz, OG, Louisville
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/lou/sports/m-footbl/03-04roster/HS_spitz_jason.jpg
CHEESE!

Jags
1. Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida St.
2. Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma
3. Brian Calhoun, RB, Wisconsin
4. Jason Spitz, OG, Louisville

Pick Six
03-01-2006, 01:53 PM
The Broncos and Clockwork Orange are back on the clock...:Broncos:

Clockwork Orange
03-01-2006, 02:25 PM
The Denver Broncos select Roman Harper, S Alabama.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/img/news_daily/071205/SPORTS_harper.jpg

Broncos
1. Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
2. Charles Spencer, OG Pittsburgh
3. Ray Edwards, DE Purdue
4a. Jeremy Bloom, WR/KR/PR Colorado
4b. Roman Harper, S Alabama

This pick was made at 1:25 MST. Mr. Trout is on the clock.

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
The Denver Broncos select Roman Harper, S Alabama.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/img/news_daily/071205/SPORTS_harper.jpg

Broncos
1. Haloti Ngata, DT Oregon
2. Charles Spencer, OG Pittsburgh
3. Ray Edwards, DE Purdue
4a. Jeremy Bloom, WR/KR/PR Colorado
4b. Roman Harper, S Alabama

This pick was made at 1:25 MST. Mr. Trout is on the clock.
Good pick - a very under rated player in my opinion. Very smart player and a leader. The kind of guy that will be needed back there when Lynch retires.

KillerBronco#76
03-01-2006, 03:05 PM
The bengals choose David Thomas TE Texas

SpringStein
03-01-2006, 03:12 PM
The bengals choose David Thomas TE Texas

Good choice - I'm a fan. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the Broncos draft list.

Rascal
03-01-2006, 03:51 PM
With all the cuts coming up shortly because of the CBA we might need to redo this :)

watermock
03-01-2006, 03:59 PM
hmmm

Mr. Trout
03-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Am I up...I believe so...David Thomas was my target here so I gots to rethink this shiiiaattt..

Mr. Trout
03-01-2006, 07:22 PM
The Philadelphia Eagles are proud to select......

James Anderson, OLB, Virginia Tech

6'3" 222 lbs.

The current starter at WLB is Keith Adams and he is a free agent and may or may not be back. Also, by what accounts I have heard he is very inconsistent. Anderson should compete for the starting job and provide a little more firepower for the Eagles D.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/players/images/2005/anderson.jpg

Virginia Tech ever since Frank Beamer got there has always been known as a workout warrior school producing some of the fastest teams in college football history. So when your fellow workout warriors and your coaches single you out as being a workout warrior that is really saying something. James Anderson is exactly that and has been awarded with the Excalibur Award 4 times in his Tech career to become the only player in Tech history to accomplish that feat. So to say that Anderson is quick and powerful would not begin to describe what kind of athlete he is. Anderson finally got to start regularly in 2004 and played very well and continued that success this season. He was able to be disruptive in the backfield as well as being able to perform well in the pass game. A solid tackler but could use some more refinement on his technique and breaking down. Needs to work on play recognition a bit more although he did improve as the season progressed in that regard. His workout should be one of the highlights at the NFL combine and he should be a mid round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft who at the worst would be an excellent special teams player.

SoCalBronco
03-01-2006, 07:23 PM
The Fifth Round has been added to the big board, via the order from Great Blue Draft North. Just wanted to let people know some of the real life trades/developments that affected this round.

- NE has OAK's pick (3rd in the round)
- MIAMI's pick is forfeited (I believe this is due to them taking Manny Wright in the supp. draft last year).
- CLE has NE's normal pick.

And ofcourse, NYJs pick goes to MIAMI because of Rascal/NFLBRONCO's trade.

Mr. Trout
03-01-2006, 07:24 PM
pick made at 7:24 CST.

Eagles draft so far
1a. Mathias Kiwanuka, DE, Boston College
1b. Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
4a. Kyle Wiliams, DT, LSU
4b. James Anderson, OLB, Virginia Tech

SoCalBronco
03-01-2006, 08:05 PM
minibronco and the seahawks are on the clock.

minibronco
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
The Seattle Seahawks Select

MARK ANDERSON, DE | ALABAMA

Seahawks' Draft So Far:

SINORICE MOSS, WR | MIAMI (FL)
CHARLES GORDON, CB | KANSAS
BRODIE CROYLE, QB | ALABAMA

Mr. Trout
03-01-2006, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=minibronco]The Seattle Seahawks Select

ROGER MCINTOSH, LB | MIAMI (FL)

He's already been picked...

minibronco
03-01-2006, 10:06 PM
That could have been due to the fact that someone drafted a ROCKY????

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-01-2006, 10:08 PM
That could have been due to the fact that someone drafted a ROCKY????

Nice pick Mini. I think Anderson will be a weapon as a sack specialist. May have some trouble against the run, but he is quick, smart and tenacious. Would love for him to be in Orange and blue

minibronco
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Nice pick Mini. I think Anderson will be a weapon as a sack specialist. May have some trouble against the run, but he is quick, smart and tenacious. Would love for him to be in Orange and blue

Feh.

Almost drafted CORY RODGERS (WR) - TEXAS CHRISTIAN

WABronco
03-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Feh.

Almost drafted CORY RODGERS (WR) - TEXAS CHRISTIAN

Good thing you didn't. Mark Anderson would be an absolute boon for Seattle...in round 2 or 3 even.

SoCalBronco
03-01-2006, 10:55 PM
Anderson is a very good pick there. Great value, especially after the combine.

SoCalBronco
03-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Pittsburgh and TheManeMan are on the clock.

minibronco
03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
Yay! I made the right pick! I think I have a pretty solid draft going on there.

TheManeMan
03-02-2006, 02:46 AM
With the 128th pick in the OM mock draft...The Pittsburgh Steelers select...LB out of Florida State...

http://www.nflfans.com/x/gallery/files/1/7/esims.jpg

Ernie Sims...

Mr. Trout
03-02-2006, 03:25 AM
Sims was gone a long time ago.

Arkie
03-02-2006, 07:10 AM
With the 128th pick in the OM mock draft...The Pittsburgh Steelers select...LB out of Florida State...

Ernie Sims...

You just missed him by about 93 picks.

eddie mac
03-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Maybe it's time for a recap of the picks posted here.

Pick Six
03-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Maybe it's time for a recap of the picks posted here.

SoCal has been updating the picks on the first page of this thread...

TheManeMan
03-02-2006, 12:06 PM
Well, I searched with Ctrl+F and didnt see his name...So I guess I gotta re-pick now...give me an hour or so...

TheManeMan
03-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Ok lets try this again...with the 128th pick in the OM mock draft...The Pittsburgh Steelers select...DE out Southern Cal...

http://www.draftdaddy.com/images/players/frosteeRucker_PAC10.jpg

Frostee Rucker...

Clockwork Orange
03-02-2006, 12:39 PM
On to round 5. TheDave is on the clock.

ColoradoBuff
03-02-2006, 04:57 PM

http://www.nflfans.com/x/gallery/files/1/7/esims.jpg

Ernie Sims...

Picked him with my 2nd round pick. Sorry bud!:welcome:

TheDave
03-02-2006, 09:12 PM
With the first pick in the 5th round, the Houston Texans select...

Tim Day
Tight End | Senior | Oregon
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 265 | 40-Time: 4.75

Strengths:
Has good size with long arms...Is a smooth athlete with solid quickness...Excellent weapon as a receiver...Has good hands and will make the spectacular catch...Runs good routes and knows how to get open...Adjusts well to poorly thrown balls and displays excellent focus...Can make something happen running after the catch...Showed as a junior that he can be a formidable threat in the red zone.

Weaknesses:
Is not a very good blocker even though he has the size to be more effective in the area than he is...Lacks elite timed speed and is not very explosive...Needs to hit the weights and get stronger...Has some minor durability concerns...Production really tailed off as a senior and he went from eight touchdowns to zero.

Notes:
Looked like a stud in 2004 but struggled in Gary Crowton's offense...Could end up falling farther than he should if teams base his grade on only his senior film...The type of prospect who does everything well but nothing great...Has some tools to work with and could potentially develop into a starting tight end at the next level.

SpringStein
03-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Great picks for Texans - Kubiak should be so fortunate to do as well as you have, Dave.

SoCalBronco
03-02-2006, 09:23 PM
24champbailey and the Saints are on the clock.

24champ
03-02-2006, 11:43 PM
The Saints select..........Nick Reid of Kansas Univ.

http://etc.lawrence.com/photos/ksu03/reidfumblerecovery.jpg

Linebacker - Kansas

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 230
Reid is a prospect that is greatly increasing his draft stock this year. Last year he was a solid player but this year he has developed into a legitimate playmaker and potentially a starting OLB in the NFL. He has great speed, runs very well and is great in pursuit. He plays the game very aggressively and is willing to take out blockers if he is unable to get to the ball carrier. Reid will run straight through a defender if he is in the way of getting to the ball. He is an outstanding run defender and when left free to react to plays instinctively and run he can be something special. Reid is a tackling machine and if he continues his very strong senior season he could be a 2nd round pick or maybe even a 1st round pick. He can play either ILB or OLB I believe at the next level. The only weakness he has right now is in pass coverage, but since he plays so good against the run one will take lapses in pass coverage every now and then. Reid is an intense football player that plays on only one speed: full throttle. Look for him to climb up the draft charts in this years draft.

Strengths:
• Is a wonderful open field tackler
• Plays the game with great intensity and runs very well
• Has plays with reckless abandon on the field
• Takes out blockers if he can’t get to the ball carrier

Weaknesses:
• Is not great in pass coverage, is much better against the run
• Might be a tweener ILB or OLB

http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/nickreid.shtml

:afro: Saints Draft so far-

1. QB Vince Young Texas
2. DE/LB Manny Lawson NC State
3. DT John McCargo NC State
4. LB Nick Reid Kansas

Pick was made at 9:43 PM Pacific time.

SoCalBronco
03-02-2006, 11:49 PM
ICON and the Patriots are on the clock

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 12:53 AM
so close and my guy is still there. I hate this!!!!

SoCalBronco
03-03-2006, 12:56 AM

Dude...you better not take my target, DB!!!

I swear, I'll hunt you down. ;D

DBroncos4life
03-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Dude...you better not take my target, DB!!!

I swear, I'll hunt you down. ;D
ha I'll tell you what I will PM it too you, I kind of wanted your thoughts about him anyways.

Mr. Trout
03-03-2006, 05:30 AM
[QUOTE=24champbailey]The Saints select..........Nick Reid of Kansas Univ.

http://etc.lawrence.com/photos/ksu03/reidfumblerecovery.jpg

Rock Chalk Jayhawk......KU!!!!

Arkie
03-03-2006, 05:32 AM
With the first pick in the 5th round, the Houston Texans select...

Tim Day
Tight End | Senior | Oregon
Height: 6-4 | Weight: 265 | 40-Time: 4.75

Strengths:
Has good size with long arms...Is a smooth athlete with solid quickness...Excellent weapon as a receiver...Has good hands and will make the spectacular catch...Runs good routes and knows how to get open...Adjusts well to poorly thrown balls and displays excellent focus...Can make something happen running after the catch...Showed as a junior that he can be a formidable threat in the red zone.

Weaknesses:
Is not a very good blocker even though he has the size to be more effective in the area than he is...Lacks elite timed speed and is not very explosive...Needs to hit the weights and get stronger...Has some minor durability concerns...Production really tailed off as a senior and he went from eight touchdowns to zero.

Notes:
Looked like a stud in 2004 but struggled in Gary Crowton's offense...Could end up falling farther than he should if teams base his grade on only his senior film...The type of prospect who does everything well but nothing great...Has some tools to work with and could potentially develop into a starting tight end at the next level.

He should have entered last year's weak draft after scoring 8 TDs his jr year.

-Slap-
03-03-2006, 09:35 AM
I'm sweating out my pick, too. In a regular draft, this guy is probably off the board early in round three.

Pick Six
03-03-2006, 12:24 PM
The Redskins are really going to have to go with impact players in the real draft. It's the 5th round, and I (as the fake Redskins GM) will only be making my 3rd pick...LOL

ColoradoBuff
03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Has ICON's time expired? I am thinking so.

Pick Six
03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Has ICON's time expired? I am thinking so.

The last pick was made at 9:43 pm PST last night. I believe you're up...