PDA

View Full Version : Official Make Your Picks here thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Clockwork Orange
02-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I think 2 will always be better than 1 in this deep draft.

You could be right, but I'm willing to gamble on greatness so long as it doesn't involve Terrell Owens. ;D

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-10-2006, 08:05 PM
With the 26th pick the Eagles select Chad Jackson, WR, Florida.

The Eagles love to chuck the ball around and C-Jack is a playmaker. Good size, blazing speed, and good hands. I will go out on a limb and say that he will lead all rookie WR's in catches, yards, and TD's. He is an upgrade over Todd Pinkston who is more suited to a part time role. Jackson will compliment Reggie Brown well and give McNabb another prime target. There is a stigma about Florida WR's but I believe this guy will break that mold. After the combine, Jackson will be a LOCK to be taken in round 1.

Pick made at 7:12 pm CST.

Well Trout - You took my guy. Was saving this just for SoCal.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-10-2006, 08:08 PM
With the 26th Pick in the draft, the Carolina Panthers send their cheerleading squad to the podium and select:

Laurence Maroney - RB, Minnesota

Stephen Davis is done. Deshaun Foster is coming off a broken leg, is a FA and does not fit the Panther's system. Maroney is the replacement who will fill that spot for the next few years.

Mr. Trout
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Well Trout - You took my guy. Was saving this just for SoCal.

damn I guess my trade up worked. What is the icecreamheadguy for?

Mr. Trout
02-10-2006, 08:17 PM
good pick with maroney though...he will get a lot of action if he goes to the panthers.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-10-2006, 08:24 PM
damn I guess my trade up worked. What is the icecreamheadguy for?

That's Mr. Softee.

SoCal has been calling Jackson Soft

Mr. Trout
02-10-2006, 08:36 PM
That's Mr. Softee.

He looks pretty strong to me. 88 catches is a hell of a lot for a college season.

Mr. Trout
02-10-2006, 08:38 PM
hey trout, Im pretty sure Im not a liked person around here, but I think many can agree with me when I say its time you change your avatar. I love Knight Rider as much as the next guy and everthing but that is too much.

Is this pic better <----...What was Hoff thinking back in the day?

Arkansas Bronco
02-10-2006, 08:59 PM
Is this pic better <----...What was Hoff thinking back in the day?

Dude is that how you wqant to be remebered? Like i said i usualy enjoy your posts but i want to log as soon as i see your av..

Mr. Trout
02-10-2006, 09:04 PM
alright in respect to everyone, I am getting rid of my Hoff pictures.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Arkie with the Jags is on the clock.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
That's Mr. Softee.

It's true, he's a big time puss. He plays in Gainesville, but his Gator arms reputation is well deserved, independent of that. ;D

Arkie
02-10-2006, 09:12 PM
With the 28th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Antonio Cromartie from Florida St.

I was going to trade with the Jets (Rascal) and move down to 35, but somebody started a thread on my guy.

The Jags need a right corner to team up with Rasheed Mathis. Cromartie has the highest ceiling of all the corners in this draft. He gets to stay in Florida where he played HS and college. For the second straight year, the Jags take a big risk/reward player in the first round on sheer talent and measurables. He can be physical and can hang with any speed receiver.

10:12 PM CST

6'3", 210 lbs, 4.37 40

Positives
- Cromartie rivals Jimmy Williams as the top overall corner in the 2006 draft, and has the same elite size as Williams. With the advent of the bigger wide receiver in the NFL, teams are always looking for a bigger corner who can move fluidly, support the run, and not be a liability in pass coverage. Cromartie meets all of these requirements and then some. Is a superb tackler, but the best part of his game is his awareness of where he is on the field, where he needs to be to make a play on the ball, and where to position his body so as to cut off most throws. Cromartie is an excellent athlete who has a track background both in high school and at FSU, and he has the hands of a receiver, which even led to FSU utilizing him there in the spring. Cromartie is a big play waiting to happen both as a CB (4 ints in 2004 - 1 int. return for a TD; fumble return for a TD) and in the return game where he was in the top-5 in the ACC in both kickoff and punt return yards. He has surprisingly fluid hips for a corner of his size, and is strong in both zone and man coverage.

Weaknesses
- Of course the main concern with Cromartie is the fact that he tore his ACL during the summer of 2005 and subsequently missed all of the 2005 season. He surprisingly entered the draft (a la Willis McGahee) and any team drafting him will have to do a thorough evaluation of his knee. As a result of his knee injury, Cromartie lacks the playing time that the other top corners in the draft have. He has never been a full-time starter for an entire season, and while he has played in every game he was eligible for, his is short on starting experience.

Overall Analysis
- Had Cromartie not injured himself, he was already deemed a lock to enter the 2006 draft. His potential was and still remains amazing and he made the most of his time of the field. Good news on the injury front: Antonio was able to practice before the Orange Bowl and pleaded with coaches to let him play. His combine and pro-day workouts will have a lot to do with determining how good he is to go. Here is betting he does well in those workouts and will be the second or third corner off the board in the first round.

SoCalBronco
02-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Baltimore and Mr. Peepers are on the clock.

Mediator12
02-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Wow.

Excellent pick. Cromartie's status will probably improve in three weeks and this may be last draft he gets out of the top 10, let alone 15.

BAL is on the Clock!

MrPeepers
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
With the 29th Pick, the Baltimore Ravens pick Max Jean-Gilles

Kyle Boller came on strong at the end of 2005, and if he is to do anything in the NFL, not to mention the Ravens running game, they will need a talented body inside to assist Ogden.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=415><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" vAlign=top width=120>http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/17/170160.jpg (javascript:photos();) </TD><TD></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" vAlign=top width=290><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#e3e3e3 height=5>http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ht: 6-4 Wt: 340
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Position: </TD><TD align=right>OL </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Projected as: </TD><TD align=right>OG </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Position Rank: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Date of Birth: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>11/19/1983</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Class: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>Senior</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><NOBR>High School:</NOBR> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>North Miami Beach HS
(North Miami Beach, FL) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>College: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>Georgia</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e3e3e3>Biography:</TD></TR><TR><TD>2005 - Georgia:
2002 -- Played in every game at OT for the Bulldogs.....actually started SEC Championship Game as a third tackle playing tight end....member of team that won Georgia's first SEC championship in 20 years, defeated FSU for Nokia Sugar Bowl title, set school record for most victories in a season (13), and finished with a final national ranking of No. 3......member of offensive line that paved way for the SEC's top scoring offense (32.14) and passing efficiency offense (138.91). </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Clockwork Orange
02-10-2006, 11:25 PM
That pick was made at 11:06 P.M. on February 10th.

Mediator12 (Indy) is on the clock.

Mediator12
02-11-2006, 08:47 AM
With the 30th pick the Indianapolis Colts select:

Bobby Carpenter
OLB | (6'3", 254, 4.61) | OHIO STATE

Scouts Grade: 89

Flags: (D: DURABILITY) Player that can't stay healthy

Strengths: Is tall with good overall size and frame to get bigger. Has very good straight-line speed for his size. Shows very good fluidity for his size. Is at his best in the passing game and could fit best as a 3-4 OLB in the NFL as a result. Possesses the athletic ability and speed to match up very well in man-coverage. Shows very good instincts and range in zone coverage. Has developed into an effective pass rusher. Has good speed and closing burst to the QB. Showed an improved array of pass rush moves as a senior. He has good speed and closing burst when pursuing the run. Takes solid angles and will wrap up in space. Has continued to improve with each year of experience and still has a good deal of untapped potential if he can improve his technique and lower-body strength when taking on blocks at the LOS vs. the run. He is a tough and instinctive player. Has great intelligence and picks schemes/assignments up quickly. A hard worker on and off the field. No character issues. Has versatility because of experience at SLB and DE. Also has been a playmaker on special teams. Has the physical tools and mental toughness to contribute in that capacity in the NFL.

Weaknesses: Lacks explosive upper body strength. Plays a bit too high versus the run and can will lose his leverage when taking on blocks. Needs to improve his technique when stacking versus the run. Allows blockers to get into his body too often. Is big but lacks ideal lower body strength. Plays with a little bit too narrow of a base. Needs to improve his hand-usage and ability to disengage from blocks. Also lacks explosiveness as a tackler.

Overall: Carpenter played in all 14 games as a true freshman in 2002. He played in all 13 games as a backup linebacker during his sophomore season in 2003, finishing with 37 tackles. As a junior in 2004, Carpenter finished with 93 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss, three interceptions and two sacks. Carpenter started all 11 games that he played as a senior in 2005 and finished with 49 tackles, 10.5 TFL and eight sacks. He was unable to play in the Fiesta Bowl versus Notre Dame because of a broken ankle injury he suffered in the first quarter versus Michigan. Carpenter is a bit of an underrated prospect, largely because he has been overshadowed by teammate A.J. Hawk. Carpenter has a terrific size/speed combination. He is an intelligent, durable and physical player who shows great consistency on the football field. He has some experience playing at DE and he has the versatility to play SLB in a 4-3 and/or OLB in a 3-4 at the next level. Carpenter still has room to improve in terms of his efficiency when taking on blocks as well as a tackler. He also lacks explosive strength and will need to get stronger in order to anchor versus the run as a SLB in the NFL. However, he has a good deal of upside due to his versatility and size/speed combo. He can play a backup role at a couple of different LB positions early in his NFL career and he also is a proven playmaker on special teams, where he should be able to contribute right away.

Indy's Cover two Defense had a marginal talent Infusion at LB last year with Gary Brackett and Cato June. In fact they led the league in TO's forced and Recovered from the LB position with a dominant pass rushing front Four. Adding a big time playmaking SLB in Carpenter who also excels at ST's, and can play the run finishes the speedy unit.

Carpenter was ranked in the Colts top twenty and they feel they get both a need and Best player available at the 30th selection. Interesting that they felt that any RB would be a major reach at the 30th position with Edgerrin James almost certain to leave Via FA.

Selection occured at 10:45 am eastern time. Seattle is on the clock.

Ray Finkle
02-11-2006, 09:02 AM
Wow.

Excellent pick. Cromartie's status will probably improve in three weeks and this may be last draft he gets out of the top 10, let alone 15.

BAL is on the Clock!

I thought about taking him but had to go with the healthier of the two CB's I targeted.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Mediator - I will be very interested to hear how Carpenter has recovered from his injuries. Docs at the combine will give him some extra looks I suspect.

Drek
02-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Anyone have an accurate Rd. 2 draft positions list? We're going to need it real soon to start the 2nd round, since apparently some picks have shifted around.

SoCalBronco
02-11-2006, 01:12 PM
Anyone have an accurate Rd. 2 draft positions list? We're going to need it real soon to start the 2nd round, since apparently some picks have shifted around.

I added the second round to the first post on this thread with all the updated trades that I am aware of. If there have been other trades, someone involved please announce it so I can update it further.

SoCalBronco
02-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Minibronco with the Seahawks is on the clock.

minibronco
02-11-2006, 01:58 PM
The Seahawks Select,

Sinorice Moss, Miami (FL)

The time is Saturday, February 11, 2006 1:57 MT.

Broncoman13
02-11-2006, 02:43 PM
With the 28th pick, the Jacksonville Jaguars select CB Antonio Cromartie from Florida St.

Well, that pretty much takes my trade offers off the table! I was offering my 2nd and 3rd to move up right around this spot...... Cromartie is the guy I was looking to sign. NICE PICK!!!

*add* I really didn't want the ruckin faiders to get him anyhow!!! That would have made for a pretty good improvement on defense though. AJ Hawk and Cromartie... whew!

Broncoman13
02-11-2006, 02:46 PM
36. New York Jets- Rascall
37. Green Bay Packers- DBroncos4Life
38. San Francisco 49ers- SoCalBronco
39. Oakland Raiders- Oskie
40. Buffalo Bills- eddie mac
41. Detroit Lions- JCMElway

Hey SoCal, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Faiders pick before the Niners in round two. They won the coin flip for round 1 (6/7) which means the picks flip in the following rounds. If I'm correct (always am! ;D) then I'd pick before you in even rounds and you before me in odd rounds. Let me know!

SoCalBronco
02-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Hey SoCal, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Faiders pick before the Niners in round two. They won the coin flip for round 1 (6/7) which means the picks flip in the following rounds. If I'm correct (always am! ;D) then I'd pick before you in even rounds and you before me in odd rounds. Let me know!

Ok, I didnt know it flips, I will readjust it.

Arkansas Bronco
02-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Also SoCal Balt. has the #41 pick cause i am certain that is where zona was suppose to be. I have seen it at several sites.

Mr. Trout
02-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Is Rhymesayers out of time yet?

MrPeepers
02-12-2006, 10:58 AM
yeah his time i think is expiring within the hour or something like it. he posted in the trade thread to get someone for him.

JCMElway
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
In the trade thread he said: "Hey guys, I''m really sorry I totally forgot about this. just draft me the best available or something. I'm really sorry for messing things up, I totally forgot."

Looks like he gave up his pick. Do we have a contingency plan for someone bowing out? Do we have an alternate who can step in for him?

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Current mod should just make his pick, I guess.

MrPeepers
02-12-2006, 12:07 PM
start throwing out ideas who he should draft, steelers team needs are

WR/RB/FS/C / backup QB / possibly D-line

SpringStein
02-12-2006, 01:12 PM
start throwing out ideas who he should draft, steelers team needs are

WR/RB/FS/C / backup QB / possibly D-line

Best 2 rbs's/4 best rb's are gone. With Chris Hope likely leaving as a FA, I'd vote for Ko Simson or Darnell Bing at S.

Clockwork Orange
02-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Best 2 rbs's/4 best rb's are gone. With Chris Hope likely leaving as a FA, I'd vote for Ko Simson or Darnell Bing at S.

Ko Simpson has already been taken (#24, Cincy).

Bing seems like a decent choice.

SpringStein
02-12-2006, 02:11 PM
Ko Simpson has already been taken (#24, Cincy).

Bing seems like a decent choice.

Oops, I knew that cause I thought it was a good choice. Bing and Palu make a nice USC pair.

Mr. Trout
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I vote for Bing as well. He is the best player left on the board and would pair up nicely with Polamalu.

JCMElway
02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Where's SoCal? This is his decision to make. Bing would be a good fit here, tho.

elsid13
02-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Just as an outside observer, I think would go either go on the offense line (guard/center) or a surprise would be Nance out Miami of Ohio. Bing basically plays the same position as Polamalu

Mr. Trout
02-12-2006, 03:10 PM
Just as an outside observer, I think would go either go on the offense line (guard/center) or a surprise would be Nance out Miami of Ohio. Bing basically plays the same position as Polamalu

There isn't good value there. Nance will be around till round 3. There aren't any O-lineman left that are worthy of going in round 1 except for Eric Winston and possibly Daryn Colledge both tackles. Bing would fit in well in Pittsburgh.

Broncoman13
02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
Just give the Steelers the Phony Maroney... wait, I think he's already gone.

How about WR Sinorice Moss. It's a trendy pick, but you have to believe that they'll lose Randle El in FA and Moss is the type of receiver that can run the reverses Randle El was known for. He doesn't bring the same threat throwing the ball, but the pick makes sense...even when you consider that it's a little early for him.

minibronco
02-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Just give the Steelers the Phony Maroney... wait, I think he's already gone.

How about WR Sinorice Moss. It's a trendy pick, but you have to believe that they'll lose Randle El in FA and Moss is the type of receiver that can run the reverses Randle El was known for. He doesn't bring the same threat throwing the ball, but the pick makes sense...even when you consider that it's a little early for him.

I DRAFTED HIM!!!!!!

Seattle Seahawks!! LOL

Arkie
02-12-2006, 03:43 PM
I thought Eric Winston would be drafted by now.

TheDave
02-12-2006, 03:57 PM
So am i allowed to make my pick?

Broncoman13
02-12-2006, 04:05 PM
This is stupid. I'm taking the Steelers and making THE PICK!

The Pittsburg Steelers select OT Eric Winston, Miami. Pick made at 5:03 CST.

The Steelers don't have a big need here, but Winston is a bit of an upgrade and he's probably the BPA.

Texans are on the clock!

TheDave
02-12-2006, 04:06 PM
This is stupid. I'm taking the Steelers and making THE PICK!

The Pittsburg Steelers select OT Eric Winston, Miami. Pick made at 5:03 CST.

The Steelers don't have a big need here, but Winston is a bit of an upgrade and he's probably the BPA.

Texans are on the clock!

What a d!ck!!!!

I was set to draft my bookends for the next decade... Back to the drawing board

SoCalBronco
02-12-2006, 04:10 PM
wait a minute folks, I promised TheManeMan (formerly known as CB-Champ24) that if someone bowed out he would get that team. So I will fire him off a PM saying he has the Steelers. Since the time has expired, Pitt can still make a choice at any time but so can TheDave so its a matter of who picks first.

So if you want to take Winston, Dave, go right ahead.

TheDave
02-12-2006, 04:15 PM
Thanks SoCal....

With the 1st selection in the second round the Houston Texans select

Eric Winston Offensive Tackle | Senior | Miami (FL)

Height: 6-7 | Weight: 312 | 40-Time: 5.10

Strengths:
Has excellent size with long arms and the frame to add some additional weight...Extremely athletic and quick for the position...Has amazing feet...Mobility is outstanding...Can pull and block in space...Competitive and physical...Uses his hands well and has a good initial punch...Very smart and a hard worker with top intangibles...Gets better each game and still has a ton of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Suffered a major knee injury as a junior in 2004 and didn't appear to be fully recovered yet...Has some trouble with speed rushers...Can he play left tackle or will he have to move to the right side?...Raw and is still mastering the nuances and technique of the position...Needs to get stronger and continue to develop physically...Can he get much bigger without losing his quickness and mobility?

Notes:
Came to college as a tight end...Looked like a future elite left tackle prospect prior to the injury...Stock dropped in 2005 but that downturn in play might be attributed to his not yet being 100% healthy...It usually takes two seasons to come back from the type of surgery he had so some team may get a steal if he slips a little on Draft Day and then reverts back to the form he showed in 2003 and 2004.

Pick was made on Feb 12th @ 4:15 MST

SoCalBronco
02-12-2006, 04:17 PM
The Saints and 24champbailey are on the clock, but Pittsburgh (TheManeMan) may still make a choice at any time.

Mr. Trout
02-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Hey Dave, are you gonna put Winston at the RT spot or are you going to play him at one of the guard spots for a while to get his feet wet in the NFL.

TheDave
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Hey Dave, are you gonna put Winston at the RT spot or are you going to play him at one of the guard spots for a while to get his feet wet in the NFL.

For now I would put him at right tackle... Then Kubes is going to need to fill both gaurd spots with free agents!

What the hell was Capers thinking? This line was the biggest disaster in the NFL. If Winston was taken I probably would of selected Leonard Pope to give David Carr a red zone weapon. But with Winston falling this far i just couldn't pass on selecting both bookends for this line. There could be some growing pains this year, but once this line solidifies Texas would have the depth, vesatility, and talent to be one of the elite groups in the NFL

24champ
02-12-2006, 05:32 PM
The Saints select Manny Lawson out of NC State.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/MannyLawson2.jpg
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a198/24champbailey/244456.jpg
Here is Manny with a 45 inch vertical!

Manny Lawson | DE | NC State Year: Senior
Home Town: Goldsboro, NC
High School: Eastern Wayne

Height: 6'5
Weight: 245
40 yard Dash: 4.58 (est)

Despite playing defensive end at NC State, Manny’s shown he has more than enough athleticism to drop back to play linebacker. He may actually be on of the faster LB prospects in the country, which makes the fact that he played DE fairly astounding. He’s an excellent pass rusher, racking up 7 sacks and 12 tackles for loss last year, but is also very good in run support. Also, he has great size for an Outside Linebacker.

The saints are going to need a major Defensive overhaul, I would have taken Bing but I cannot pass up a top 20 pick (chiefs would take him) according to some mocks i have seen, besides the saints signed Dwight Smith to a long contract.

PICK MADE AT 4:32 Pacific time!

SoCalBronco
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Hawk's Boys (Titans) is on the clock.

Pittsburgh may still make a pick at any time.

Mr. Trout
02-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Is there anybody who would be in favor of a 12 hour window instead of a 24 hour window??

DBroncos4life
02-12-2006, 10:17 PM
well it would be nice if something helped it along. Not having the Pitt pick messed things up pretty bad.

Clockwork Orange
02-12-2006, 10:23 PM
Is there anybody who would be in favor of a 12 hour window instead of a 24 hour window??

Very much in favor. The time should get shorter with each passing round.

MrPeepers
02-12-2006, 11:31 PM
I think 12 hours during the second round is reasonable.

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-13-2006, 06:04 AM
12 hours works for me

Rascal
02-13-2006, 07:35 AM
Is it 12 hours now?

If so I'm going to make my pick.

Mediator12
02-13-2006, 07:38 AM
12 hours is plenty of time. it only takes a few minutes at the most to check the progress. Then, you should already have a decent idea of who to select.

Rascal
02-13-2006, 07:47 AM
I'll give him till noon CST and then I will make my pick.

Rascal
02-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Hey,

According to several sources...www.nfldraftcountdown.com the Titans don't pick until #39.

Mediator12
02-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Hey Rascal,

The pattern seems to be that in each round the team that selected highest with the same record moves to last among teams with the same record in the next round. While the teams all move up one slot until they become first and move to last.

I wonder does this exchange happen for the whole draft round by round? This seems to be why I can not find any valid or reliable information on the later rounds. I wonder if their is no real set order outside the first round until the compensatory selections have been awarded? Hey its only a mock though so pick before anyone else notices ;D

ColoradoBuff
02-13-2006, 08:15 AM
With the 3rd pick in round 2, the Tennessee Titans select............LB Ernie Sims, Florida State.

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 220 | 40-Time: 4.56

Strengths:
An outstanding natural athlete...Very quick and fast...Solid tackler who hits like a ton of bricks and plays bigger than he is...A playmaker with tremendous instincts who is always around the action...Has great strength for his size...Doesn't get hung up on blockers...Does a nice job in coverage...Has sideline-to-sideline range...Fiery and intense player with a top motor...Experienced and productive.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the size you look for in terms of height or weight...Can be too aggressive at times...Dealt with some injuries and missed some time with a concussion...Had an off-the-field incident but that was not considered to be indicative of his overall character...Might need to be in the right scheme to excel.

Notes:
Has a lot of family ties at Florida St. with his father Ernie Jr. having played for Bobby Bowden in 1977, 78, 80 and 81, his mother being an All-American sprinter on the Seminole track team from 1980-83 and now his little brother Marcus just signing a letter of intent to play for Bowden as well...Was charged with a couple of misdemeanors for domestic battery and resisting arrest without violence in June of 2005...Similar to Derrick Brooks and has everything you look for except ideal size.

Rascal
02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm actually torn on who to draft as the Jets just have so many needs, but I'm going with the guy that is the highest on my rankings even though it isn't a great need.

ColoradoBuff
02-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Pick made Monday@ 8:14 AM

Rascal
02-13-2006, 08:17 AM
Ah there is hawk...

And with the 4th pick in round 2 the NY Jets select:

Brodrick Bunkley (DT) of Florida State at 9:14 AM CST.

ColoradoBuff
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Ah there is hawk...

Nice pic!! Thought about taking him, but needed a speedy LB more!

Rascal
02-13-2006, 08:21 AM
Well I was going to pick either Sims or Bunkley and since you picked Sims it made my choice for me.

TheDave
02-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Damn this draft is DEEP... I can't believe the talent that has fallen into the second round. Sure would be a great year to have a couple of 1st round picks :wiggle:

JCMElway
02-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey all,

I know we want to get our picks in, but we can't just unilaterally decide to change the rules. SoCal is the draft mod, and we need his permission to bump things down to 12 hours.

That being said, hey SoCal, can we close the draft window to 12 hours?

Rascal
02-13-2006, 09:31 AM
We haven't changed the rules. I waited for Hawk to make his pick and then I made mine.

24champ
02-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Ah there is hawk...

I almost picked him or Rodrique Wright from Texas.

DBroncos4life
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
Well with Rascal drafting the guy I wanted just right before me, I guess I will have to take Claude Wroten DT LSU. Rod Wright was another guy I was looking at but Wroten just plays at a higher level all the time. Pick was made at 10:47 Central time.

Rascal
02-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Oskie You Are On The Clock!!!

Broncoman13
02-13-2006, 12:39 PM
The Oakland Faiders give up the rest of their draft picks so that they can get some 2nd rate Head Coach that will bow down and take orders from Greasy Al. Oh wait, we didn't have to give up draft picks for that... so the Faid will take DT, Rod Wright, UTex.

While his production is questionable over the past two years, his potential is unmatched. This is a guy that would have been a top 15 draft pick in last year's draft. He also had to take on DT's on nearly every snap his entire college career. With Sapp aging and looking more and more like Jerry Rice in cornrows it only makes sense to draft his replacement.

Rodrique Wright
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 305 | 40-Time: 5.00

Official Bio

Strengths:
Big with a large frame that he could easily pack some additional pounds onto...An excellent natural athlete...Very quick and explosive with a burst...Strong and can hold his ground...Has great range and makes plays all over the field...Will penetrate and cause problems in the backfield...Has a lot of experience...Might be able to play defensive end in a 3-4 scheme...Still has a lot of upside.

Weaknesses:
An underachiever who doesn't always play up to his physical ability...Is not a hard worker...Technique is lacking...Will play too high at times...Allows blockers to lock on...Motor and stamina are very questionable...Has some durability concerns and dealt with a nagging angle injury for most of his junior season.

Notes:
Cousin of NFL defensive lineman Cedric Woodard and his uncle Elmo was a first-round draft pick of the Kansas City Chiefs in 1971...Talented player who looked like a future elite pro prospect early in his career before leveling off...Has the tools to be great but must be more consistent to fulfill that potential.

Broncoman13
02-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Oakland Raiders, Rod Wright, DT, UT. Pick made at 1:35 pm (CST).

Hercules Rockefeller
02-13-2006, 01:02 PM
I wonder does this exchange happen for the whole draft round by round? This seems to be why I can not find any valid or reliable information on the later rounds. I wonder if their is no real set order outside the first round until the compensatory selections have been awarded? Hey its only a mock though so pick before anyone else notices ;D

Yes and yes

DBroncos4life
02-13-2006, 01:25 PM
3 DTs in a row. I feel I to go Dline again. While I could have passed on Mario in the first, I just felt that he was the best player on the board. Hawk was a close second, BUT the Pack has a bigger need for OLB then MLB. With Williams and Worten I add two players that can both rush the passer and still hold there own against the run. Those guys teamed with KGB should make the Packers D much better. I just hope Grady Jackson can give me one more good year and Gibbs can fix the OLine.

Rascal
02-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Socal You Are On The Clock!!

Rascal
02-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Jets evaluation so far:

In this writers opinion the Jets have so many holes to fill and should be playing for the future. With Bunkley and Bush they fill two monsterous holes although holes still exist in particular at QB and OT. But with the top rate talent at each position gone, and with the possible trade for Winston Justice down the drain to solidify their tackle position, the Jets may have no choice but to take the best player available and hope that they can fill one of their ever increasing holes. With Ty Law, Abraham, and others possibly being cut, Jets fans can expect to have their booing in prime form.

Broncoman13
02-13-2006, 02:47 PM
3 DTs in a row. I feel I to go Dline again. While I could have passed on Mario in the first, I just felt that he was the best player on the board. Hawk was a close second, BUT the Pack has a bigger need for OLB then MLB. With Williams and Worten I add two players that can both rush the passer and still hold there own against the run. Those guys teamed with KGB should make the Packers D much better. I just hope Grady Jackson can give me one more good year and Gibbs can fix the OLine.

Didn't know that Alex Gibbs went to GB. I think you're talking about Dave and that would be improving the secondary, not the OL.

DBroncos4life
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Didn't know that Alex Gibbs went to GB. I think you're talking about Dave and that would be improving the secondary, not the OL.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=37568&highlight=alex+gibbs

So watch out I'm looking for Oline players to fit my new system ;D

Sorry a Gibbs coached guy. My bad

SoCalBronco
02-13-2006, 10:38 PM
At 9:37 PST, San Francisco selects WR Demetrius Williams of Oregon.

I am hell bent on getting Alex Smith some big time offensive weapons in this draft. We have already added the athletic Marcedes Lewis as an instant upgrade over the injury prone and mediocre Eric Johnson and now I select the highest ranked WR on my entire board. Previously, I noted there was no WR who I thought was a first rounder. Demetrius is the closest to a first round grade in my book. He is very polished, a big time speedster and has excellent hands. He was the MOST impressive WR prospect at the Senior Bowl. His reports were sterling:

Demetrius Williams WR Oregon 6013 188 9 34 3/4
Weigh-In Notes: Skinny and needs development.

Monday Practice Notes: He was one of the better performers of the session at the position and often beat coverage. Williams, whether he caught the ball inside or outside in the coverage, was able to find open spaces and he did well running after the catch.
Tuesday Practice Notes: Excellent hands and sees the ball in before making fluid movements up the field. Good field presence for the sidelines and coverage. Locates the ball well on errant throws and makes it looks
easy.
Wednesday Practice Notes: Best hands of the group. Tucks the ball after the reception and maintains his speed for yards after the catch. Route running is precise which makes him very elusive.
Thursday Practice Notes: As has been the case all week, he was very solid with his footwork in practice drills and he did a nice job catching the ball with good technique.
Analysis: The best receiver in Mobile. Impressed with his hands, route running and overall game. Good body positioning and soft hands.

SF is in a precarious position at WR. Brandon Lloyd is a RFA and from what I have read the penny pinching 49ers are not even close on a contract. SF is also considering using only a 4th round tender on Lloyd (which is where he was drafted) instead of using a high tender on him. Even with Lloyd, the combo of Lloyd and Battle are below average and the unit is in need of speed.

Certainly SF has defensive needs, but I think Ive got some guys who im very high on and am confident most of them will be there when I am on the clock again three more times before the middle of Round 3.

http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/05/73/63/image_1863735.jpg

Buffalo (eddie mac) is on the clock. 9:38 PST Feb 13th.

Oh and regarding the time limit, since everyone is strongly in favor of reducing it to 12 hours, that shall be the rule from here on out.

JCMElway
02-14-2006, 12:06 AM
12 hours it is! Here we go!!!!!! Let's do all 7 rounds dammit!

DBroncos4life
02-14-2006, 12:11 AM
It would have been nice if Pitt would have picked a player.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 12:14 AM
It would have been nice if Pitt would have picked a player.

Ive got that PM out to TheManeMan who wanted to take over a team when someone else wanted out. Havent seen him on in a day or so, he will prolly make the pick when he gets back on the site.

DBroncos4life
02-14-2006, 12:18 AM
Ive got that PM out to TheManeMan who wanted to take over a team when someone else wanted out. Havent seen him on in a day or so, he will prolly make the pick when he gets back on the site.
still man things are a little different for him when he gets back. I'm not trying to cry but I would imagine things would look different.....ps shocking pick there. :thumbs:

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 12:31 AM
still man things are a little different for him when he gets back. I'm not trying to cry but I would imagine things would look different.....ps shocking pick there. :thumbs:

Still, it is a better result than just having us pick for that team and likely unfairly robbing some poster of their top targetted guy when the fault, if any, should lie with the original owner of the team who failed to make a pick at all, thereby creating this whole situation.

eddie mac
02-14-2006, 03:01 AM
With the 40th pick of the 2006 NFL Draft the Buffalo Bills select Leonard Pope TE Georgia 6-7/250

The Bills cant believe this beast is still on the board at 40 and snap him up immediately. Although Everett is already on the roster the Bills have already cut Campbell to save $1m in cap room. Leonard will immediately become a 3rd down conversion machine and a red zone target plus Losman needs another weapon on the offense. The Bills were looking reinforcements at D-Line and O-Line here but felt that there was no-one of value once Bunkley went off the board.

Pick made at 10-00am GMT or 5-00am East Coast Time

Drek
02-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Damn, I was kinda hoping Pope would slide to 46. ;P

Mediator12
02-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Yes and yes

Again, thanks Herc for confirming this. Too many indescrepancies out there.
That's two in under 24 hours BTW ;D

-Slap-
02-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Damn, I was kinda hoping Pope would slide to 46. ;P
I can assure you that wasn't going to happen. No problem, though. There are three players left on the board I like equally as much.

MrPeepers
02-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Is Bing available for drafting? What's going on with Pittsburgh. Ravens could definately use Bing.

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Is Bing available for drafting? What's going on with Pittsburgh. Ravens could definately use Bing.

Then you better hurry up and take him, before the new owner of the steelers finds out it has been his turn for like the past 8 picks.

MrPeepers
02-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Pick 41, 9:36am , The Balitmore Ravens select Safety Darnell Bing.

Bing fills the nearly vacant spot next to Ed Reed in the secondary.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=415><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; PADDING-TOP: 3px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" vAlign=top width=120>http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/29/290697.jpg (javascript:photos();) </TD><TD></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" vAlign=top width=290><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width="100%" bgColor=#e3e3e3 height=5>http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif http://media.scout.com/media/site_logo/rating.gif </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ht: 6-2 Wt: 220
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Position: </TD><TD align=right>S </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Projected as: </TD><TD align=right>S </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Position Rank: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>4</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Date of Birth: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>9/10/1984</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Class: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>Junior</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><NOBR>High School:</NOBR> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>Polytechnic HS
(Long Beach, CA) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>College: </TD><TD vAlign=top align=right>USC</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c0c0c0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c0c0c0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e3e3e3>Biography:</TD></TR><TR><TD>2004 - USC:
You don’t often see teams bringing numbers out of retirement. Even less often do you see prominent universities bestow Heisman winning numbers on freshmen. But that’s exactly what USC did with Darnell Bing. As odd as it was to see number 20 flying around on the defensive side of the ball for the Trojans, it was even odder that this freshman could actually live up to the hype surrounding him. On top of the pressure coming with the number, Bing had the responsibility of replacing an All-American safety in Troy Polamalu. But leave it to this heralded freshman to not only step in, but step in with authority and set the tone for the entire year on the season’s opening defensive stand. Against Auburn, a team willing to play on the ground and pound it out with its running backs, Bing intercepted a pass on the third play of the game, and Auburn was never able to get into a rhythm offensively. Bing continued to contribute all year, finishing the year fourth on the team in tackles, with 69, recovering a fumble and intercepting two passes. Entering his sophomore year in 2004, comparisons to great Trojan safeties Troy Polomalu and Ronnie Lott will assuredly be made, and each one will more than likely be validated with a vicious hit by Darnell Bing.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Nice set of safetys.

JCMElway
02-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Just got in. With the 42nd pick the Detroit Lions select:

Ryan O'Callaghan, OT, California.

Positives:
Ryan O'Callaghan is a great All-American offensive tackle that dominates defenders. He led the way for one of the best rushing attacks in college football. He can make all the blocks, pushing defensive lineman into the secondary. Has great technique and adequate athleticism for his size. Will help any teams rushing attack and can start right away in the NFL. He is the new breed of offensive lineman in the NFL; Big!

Negatives:
There are not many negatives with Ryan's game. He is a little slow and unathletic at times. You will almost never see him pull because he lacks speed and athleticism. He can dominate defenders strictly with size in college, but will not be able to rely solely on his size in the NFL.

Overview:
He is a huge force that will translate well into the NFL. His great size matched with his even better technique makes him one of the best tackles in the draft. Look for him to be a second-round draft pick and starting right away in the NFL. The team that lands this massive offensive tackle will be very happy with what they get.

NFL Comparison: Mark Tauscher

Time is 10:45 AM CST

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
If it keeps going like this we will be finished with round 2 before Pit. takes there first.

Rascal
02-14-2006, 10:19 AM
Just got in. With the 42nd pick the Detroit Lions select:

Ryan O'Callaghan, OT, California.

Positives:
Ryan O'Callaghan is a great All-American offensive tackle that dominates defenders. He led the way for one of the best rushing attacks in college football. He can make all the blocks, pushing defensive lineman into the secondary. Has great technique and adequate athleticism for his size. Will help any teams rushing attack and can start right away in the NFL. He is the new breed of offensive lineman in the NFL; Big!

Negatives:
There are not many negatives with Ryan's game. He is a little slow and unathletic at times. You will almost never see him pull because he lacks speed and athleticism. He can dominate defenders strictly with size in college, but will not be able to rely solely on his size in the NFL.

Overview:
He is a huge force that will translate well into the NFL. His great size matched with his even better technique makes him one of the best tackles in the draft. Look for him to be a second-round draft pick and starting right away in the NFL. The team that lands this massive offensive tackle will be very happy with what they get.

NFL Comparison: Mark Tauscher

Time is 10:45 AM CST

What happened to our trade?

-Slap-
02-14-2006, 10:54 AM
You guys figure it out because I know who the Rams are selecting @ 43.

Rascal
02-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for waiting Slap.

As soon as I know anything I will PM you.

Broncoman13
02-14-2006, 02:54 PM
SoCal, we're fiddlefvcking this draft by not having a selection to the Steelers at this point.

Mr. Trout
02-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Agreed, Give The Steelers Bing.

Rascal
02-14-2006, 03:13 PM
And what about Mr Peppers who just drafted Bing?

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 03:20 PM
I say we dont change anything but hold up for a bit and if nothing happens by later tonight something should be done. But taking away someone elses pick that they already had permission to draft is wrong.

Mr. Trout
02-14-2006, 03:22 PM
well just give the steelers somebody..damn

Ray Finkle
02-14-2006, 03:32 PM
well just give the steelers somebody..damn

how about MoC?

MrPeepers
02-14-2006, 03:34 PM
the steelers selected bill levey with their draft pick ;)

Drek
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Something does need to be done with the Steelers post haste, at this point they can still get a player legitimately worth their first, helped in large part by their needing DBs and WRs, while so far in the second only one of each has gone (and neither is really what I'd picture the Steelers really taking). If it goes much longer though they'll wind up with fifty cents on the dollar.

Maybe a pick panel that makes each PIT pick through the rest of the draft? Maybe an open discussion thread where players are nominated and voted on by the panel. It'd double as a worthwhile resource for the less die hard draftnicks to hit up in researching their own picks, so when we get into the late rounds we can keep this going strong.

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 06:16 PM
Im open to it and i would like to help (mainly since i dont have another pick till the 4rth).

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 06:29 PM
No. Leave it until TheManeMan makes a pick.

Its unfair to the poster who have taken this thing seriously and are awaiting their pick and have someone in mind who we would unfairly rob just to give the Steelers a player.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Slappy remains on the clock with the Rams, he has about 3 hours to go.

-Slap-
02-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Slappy remains on the clock with the Rams, he has about 3 hours to go.

For the record, I was ready to make my selection at around 10:30 this morning (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=977272&postcount=351), but there was some holdup about a trade that never happened.

Today, 10:54 AM #351
-Slap-
B R O N C O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal

You guys figure it out because I know who the Rams are selecting @ 43.

With the 43rd selection in the Orange Mane Draft the Rams select Thomas Howard OLB UTEP.

6:05 PM PST.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
Mr. Peepers and the Ravens are on the clock.

-Slap-
02-14-2006, 07:10 PM
This thing would speed up considerably if people negotiated any potential trades PRIOR to their time on the clock.

This, "Pick #XX is available in case anyone wants to move up" nonsense is a waste of everyone's time. Its like some joker pulling out his checkbook in the Ten Items or Less aisle.

JCMElway
02-14-2006, 07:17 PM
Mr. Peepers and the Ravens are on the clock.

How is Peepers on the clock now? He selected Bing this morning! If he truly wasn't on the clock I want to go ahead and do my trade with Rascal (I was going to give him the Lions 2nd) The only reason I made a selection was that that Peepers went and I thought I was falling down the draft board!

Did Peepers go out of turn? If so, I want to rescind my pick and let Rascal have it.

**edit: Ah, I didn't know the Ravens had 2 2nd rounders so close together. Sorry Rascal, you didn't notify me in time. If SoCal says I can throw Callahan back into the draft and you can take your guy, let's do the deal. However, I think we missed our window of opprtunity.

Arkansas Bronco
02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
How is Peepers on the clock now? He selected Bing this morning! If he truly wasn't on the clock I want to go ahead and do my trade with Rascal (I was going to give him the Lions 2nd) The only reason I made a selection was that that Peepers went and I thought I was falling down the draft board!

Did Peepers go out of turn? If so, I want to rescind my pick and let Rascal have it.

JCMELway

cause i traded him my 2nd round pick which he used earlier now it is his teams turn.

JCMElway
02-14-2006, 07:21 PM
cause i traded him my 2nd round pick which he used earlier now it is his teams turn.

Gotcha, posted an edit in my post.

Mr. Trout
02-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Good Job so far upgrading the Rams Defense Slap.

-Slap-
02-14-2006, 07:36 PM
Good Job so far upgrading the Rams Defense Slap.
Thanks. I wanted some athletes who can run to take advantage of that fast track.

Drek
02-14-2006, 07:53 PM
Woo hoo! Two more then I get to make the Bears first pick. Gonna be sweet!

MrPeepers
02-14-2006, 07:53 PM
The Baltimore Ravens @ 7:51 pm select IOWA ILB Abdul Hodge

With the potential absence of Ray Lewis and the need for a MLB looming the Ravens will continue to load up on Defense.

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#f6f6f6 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6>Abdul Hodge, ILB, Iowa

</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE borderColor=#f6f6f6 cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Height:

</TD><TD>6-2</TD><TD>ILB Rank:

</TD><TD>2</TD><TD vAlign=top rowSpan=4><TABLE borderColor=#f6f6f6 cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4>Top 4 teams likely targeting Abdul Hodge.

</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Team</TD><TD># Drafts</TD><TD>%</TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>St. Louis Rams (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/teams/index.php?steam=StL), Pick 43</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>10</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/teams/index.php?steam=Ind), Pick 30</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>9.5</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Arizona Cardinals (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/teams/index.php?steam=Ari), Pick 42</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>7.9</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Seattle Seahawks (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/nfl-draft/teams/index.php?steam=Sea), Pick 31</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>6.8</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD>Weight:

</TD><TD>235</TD><TD>Overall Rank:

</TD><TD>49 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Year:

</TD><TD>Sr</TD><TD>40 Time:

</TD><TD>0.00</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Pick Chart (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/2006-nfl-draft/prospects/pchart.php?pid=322) http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/images/chart.gif (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/2006-nfl-draft/prospects/pchart.php?pid=322)

</TD><TD colSpan=2>Ranking Charts (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/2006-nfl-draft/prospects/hchart.php?pid=322) http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/images/chart.gif (http://www.fantasyfootballjungle.com/y/2006-nfl-draft/prospects/hchart.php?pid=322)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#fff6ff cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#e6e6e6 colSpan=6>Scouting Report by TRoe Email him... (kg4mvp21@hotmail.com)

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Pros:

</TD><TD colSpan=5>One of the smartest middle linebackers I've seen in college football in a long time. He knows where to be at all times. Good in coverage, good against the run, good form tackler.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Cons:

</TD><TD colSpan=5>Overshadowed by Chad Greenway.</TD></TR><TR><TD>Overall:

</TD><TD colSpan=5>Probably the second middle linebacker taken, behind D'Qwell Jackson, and possibly Kai Parham. He'll be a steal in the second round. Great NFL player.

Phew... now I can take a breather till the 4th Round, 3 picks in the first 45 should have us loaded up.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 07:59 PM
The Browns and PortisFanForever are now on the clock.

MrPeepers
02-14-2006, 08:03 PM
i'm worried that as we get deeper into the draft, as in the late third and 4rth rounds we may start losing some people.

PortisFanForever
02-14-2006, 08:36 PM
The Cleveland Browns select

Gabe Watson DT Michigan

This pick was a tough choice.. Watson has been slipping a little in a lot of mocks due to his lack of heart and desire but his talent and upside potential to be an all pro was too hard to pass up this late in the draft considering on alot of mocks he is listed as a first round player. If anyone can get him going its a defensive coach like Romeo Crennel.

Browns biggest need was a big guy who could play nose tackle.. I was able to get Chad Greenway in Round 1 and still get the Nose Tackle the Browns needed in Round 2.

Time is 10:35pm Eastern time..

I think the Bears are on the clock if I am not mistaken.

SoCalBronco
02-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Drek and the Bears are on the clock.

Drek
02-14-2006, 09:51 PM
With the 46th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Chicago Bears Select.....

Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame

The organization obviously needed to address the offensive side of the ball in this draft. Stovall is expected to provide a posession WR to compliment current star Mushin Muhammed and last year's second rounder Mark Bradley. Grossman should have a new favorite red zone target in '06.

Pros: Great jumper, catches with his hands, very aware of his position on the field when coming down with the catch. Doesn't need a perfect pass to make the catch. Strong and tall. Solid blocker with good work ethic and willingness to improve.

Cons: Not a burner, has never displayed great moves after the catch. Has had issues with weight, but kept it under control the past season. Was not productive until being placed in Weiss' offense.

Pick made at 11:50 PM EST. The Atlanta Falcons are now on the clock.

Clockwork Orange
02-14-2006, 09:53 PM
Faderproof, you're on the clock.

TheManeMan
02-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Sorry for the delay folks...was in Vegas these past few days...

with the 32nd pick in the OM mock Draft...the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/asu/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/a-hagan101803.jpg

Derek Hagan #80
Wide Receiver
Arizona State
Ht: 6'2
Wt: 197

24champ
02-15-2006, 01:15 AM
well that completes the first round LOL

SoCalBronco
02-15-2006, 02:00 AM
FADERPROOF has about 8 hours left.

SoCalBronco
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
FADERPROOF's time has expired. NFLBRONCO with the Dolphins is on the clock, although Faderproof can make a pick at any time. The Dolphins clock started officially at 8:50 a.m. PST/ 11:50 a.m. EST Feb 15th.

Rascal
02-15-2006, 01:49 PM
With the 48th pick of the draft the Jets are not sure who to pick. LOL

Both of their targets are still on the board in Richard Marshall (since apparently Ty Law is leaving and would leave them with two young CB's to build for the future...Justin Miller) and Daryn Colledge (need a offensive tackle as Fabini might be leaving and the other tackle is serviceable at best).

FADERPROOF
02-15-2006, 02:09 PM
Alright, back from work here...

Atlanta Falcons select: Donte Whitner, SS, Ohio State.

Pick made at 4:08 PM EST.

SoCalBronco
02-15-2006, 06:24 PM
The New York Jets (Rascal) have until 8:50 p.m. PST/9:50 Rocky Mountain/10:50CST/ 11:50 EST to make their pick. Its about 3 and a half hours left.

Rascal
02-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Alright looks like they can get some moderate production from Barrett at CB so they need to go with the bigger need...as such...

The Jets with the 48th pick select Daryn Colledge (OT).

The time is 7:43 PM CST.

Rascal
02-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Socal you are on the clock.

SoCalBronco
02-15-2006, 06:55 PM
This pick is an very, very easy one for SF.

Stanley McClover, Auburn.

Ive had my eye on this guy for several years. The U was in hot pursuit of him when he was a high school DE because of his freakish abilities. Unfortuneatly he was a partial qualifier and ended up at Auburn after considering Ohio State. McClover is a BEAST physically. He is very agile, fast and can change directions easily. He is a supreme pass rushing talent. He has had some injury problems at Auburn and needs to get stronger, but he has BIG TIME talent and will test off the charts at the Combine. He is 6'3, currently 260 and runs at or slightly under 4.6. Despite playing only two years at Auburn (and only partial years due to injuries), he was very productive, putting up 15.5 sacks, 23.5 TFL, 4 FF (all in freshman year) and many hurries (he had 9 alone in his freshman year) playing as a DE at Auburn.

I think he is going to be a star in the league, and with Julian Peterson possibly on the way out, he will fill in immediately at 3-4 OLB for SF, giving them a premier pass rusher right off the bat. (Ofcourse in the real draft, I hope Denver selects him in the 2nd round because I think with some strength work and just a little more weight he can be a 4-3 DE, hell even in year one he could be a very effective situational pass rusher). He's going to be a big time pass rusher in the NFL.

Remember this name for the real draft folks, he's going to be a star. Hopefully Denver can nab him and get him to gain a little more weight and get a little stronger.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/aub/sports/m-footbl/auto_action/392478.jpeg

Pick made at 5:54 PM, Pacific Standard Time, Feb 15th. Dallas (Bronco LB 52) is on the clock.

Bronco LB 59
02-15-2006, 08:36 PM
With the 50th pick in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select D'Qwell Jackson, MLB, Maryland.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/BroncoLB56/DQwell.jpg

D'Qwell is a lunch pail linebacker who loves the physical aspect of football.

SoCalBronco
02-15-2006, 08:38 PM
San Diego and orangefan are on the clock.

orangefan
02-16-2006, 12:53 AM
With the 51st pick theSan Diego Chargers select:

Richard Marshall CB Fresno State

Pick made at 1:47 am CST

SoCalBronco
02-16-2006, 01:19 AM
Herc and the Chiefs are on the clock.

Hercules Rockefeller
02-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Chiefs take Daniel Bullocks, Neb

Clockwork Orange
02-16-2006, 12:04 PM
ICON is on the clock.

DBroncos4life
02-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Herc that one hurts bad.

JCMElway
02-16-2006, 07:40 PM
ICON's 12 hours have to be up, don't they? Who's next?

Clockwork Orange
02-16-2006, 07:50 PM
Crushaholic is now on the clock. ICON's time expired, so he can jump in and make his pick at any time.

watermock
02-16-2006, 11:43 PM
ICON takes Ryan Leaf..greeter...Wal-Mart...

ICON
02-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Alan Zemaitis | #21

Cornerback - Penn State

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200
Alan Zemaitis has had to overcome a lot to get where he is today, and where he is today is one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2006 draft. At the beginning of the season, I am not sure if he would have been a first day pick, but as of now, Zemaitis has the possibility of being a first round draft selection. He might be one of the most fundamentally sound cornerbacks in the 2006 draft and has shown so much of what he can do this season. He is so good in coverage, and his backpedal and hip movements are just so fluid that it is has become so natural and instinctive in his coverage game. He also has exceptional speed and quickness added into his game as well. He can jam receivers on the line of scrimmage as good as any one in college football, and has a great physical intimidation that he brings to the game. Zemaitis is pretty good in run support also, he closes off corners to stop running backs and makes all the necessary tackles. I would like to see him make plays while the ball is in the air though in terms of getting his hands on the ball to make the pick, but he does make the needed play a lot by knocking the ball down. Zemaitis also has had some injury concerns in the past. Right now, I think Zemaitis could easily sneak his way into the end of the first round, but he is a definite first day pick.

Strengths:
Is very sound an coverage
Has fluid movements
Solid speed and quickness
Plays the game physical too, with good tackling skills
Good size for a cornerback

Weaknesses:
Needs to get better at making the play while the ball is in the air
I'm not sure about his athleticism
Some injury concerns

ICON
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
ICON takes Ryan Leaf..greeter...Wal-Mart...:wiggle:

Crushaholic
02-17-2006, 01:26 AM
The Redskins need a reliable complement to Santana Moss. Therefore...with the 54th pick overall, the Washington Redskins select Mike Hass, WR Oregon State.

Height: 6-1 | Weight: 208 | 40-Time: 4.55

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has outstanding hands and adjusts well to poorly thrown passes...Shows tremendous concentration and focus...Good size with a solid frame...Runs excellent routes and knows how to get open...Not afraid to go over the middle...Superb downfield blocker...Very smart and a hard worker whose intangibles are off the charts...A gamer...Extremely productive.

Weaknesses:
Lacks elite timed speed...Is not very quick or explosive...Not much of a deep threat and won't stretch the field vertically...Will have trouble separating from pro defensive backs...Doesn't provide much in terms of running after the catch...Will take a beating due to his fearless style of play...Might have a limited upside.

Notes:
Had an amazing senior campaign in 2005...His computer numbers and physical tools won't impress you but this guy is a true football player...Not very flashy but he does all the little things that help a team win games...Should be a reliable #2 or #3 option and a classic possession receiver at the pro level.

The selection was made 2:30 am CST.
Tampa Bay (SpringStein) is on the clock...

SpringStein
02-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Tampa Bay ignores their most pressing need by selecting one of the more outstanding athletes in the draft:

DE/OLB - Kamerion Wimbley, Florida State

Tampa has a rugged defense and Wimbley,despite missing 3 games his senior year, had 7.5 sacks his senior year. Nice to see a guy stay his senior year and it pays off by getting the attention he deserves. A nice addition to the Bucs already strong D.

Bengals and KillerBronco76 are on the clock. This pick was made at 7:37 MST - with a wind chill of -28 degrees.

watermock
02-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Dammit you stole my third round pick you bastard! "goes back into the war room..."

Want to trade Cullpepper for him? TB needs a QB....Then I will try to make a trade with SD

SpringStein
02-17-2006, 07:54 AM
No problem Mock - you'll have a good choice of other good players left, of that I'm sure.

How have you been doing?

watermock
02-17-2006, 07:58 AM
Well, I got an electric blanket over me it's so damn cold...otherwise, we lost the AFC title game...otherwise fine, thanks...

We got a deal?

eddie mac
02-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Tampa Bay ignores their most pressing need by selecting one of the more outstanding athletes in the draft:

DE/OLB - Kamerion Wimbley, Florida State

Tampa has a rugged defense and Wimbley,despite missing 3 games his senior year, had 7.5 sacks his senior year. Nice to see a guy stay his senior year and it pays off by getting the attention he deserves. A nice addition to the Bucs already strong D.

Bengals and KillerBronco76 are on the clock. This pick was made at 7:37 MST - with a wind chill of -28 degrees.

He was next on my board too.

Clockwork Orange
02-17-2006, 02:32 PM
He was next on my board too.

Mine too.

JCMElway
02-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, I got an electric blanket over me it's so damn cold...otherwise, we lost the AFC title game...otherwise fine, thanks...

We got a deal?

Trades can't be done for current NFL players; only for picks and the rights to players drafted this year.

Clockwork Orange
02-17-2006, 07:43 PM
KillerBronco76's time has expired. Ray Finkle is now on the clock but KillerBronco76 can jump in and make his pick at any time.

Ray Finkle
02-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Sorry for the delay...with the next pick. The Giants select Pat Watkins S Florida State...this pick was made 12:42 EST

Clockwork Orange
02-17-2006, 11:48 PM
Drek is now on the clock. killerbronco76 can still make his pick at any time.

Drek
02-18-2006, 06:43 AM
Have a trade in the works, hoping to hear back by my pick deadline (12:42 PM EST), otherwise I'll make my pick at that time.

Drek
02-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Trade was a no go.

With the 58th pick in the draft the Chicago Bears select.....

Jonathan Joseph, CB, South Carolina
(5' 11.5", 187 lb.)

ESPN Breakdown:

Strengths: A fast-rising prospect with explosive speed. Is a fluid athlete with very good initial quickness and COD skills. He shows the ability to turn-and-run without losing much in transition. Is quick out of his pedal and shows good closing burst. Is able to make up a lot of ground when the ball is in the air. He shows good leaping ability and will challenge for the ball in traffic. Possesses natural playmaking instincts and very good ball skills. Is aggressive in run support. Willing and fills hard. Shows adequate strength and is an efficient tackler in space. Has some experience as a return specialist and showed some promise in that area  both as a PR and KOR.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal playing experience. Only played one full season at DI-A level. Shows inconsistent technique. Comes out of his pedal too high at times and will get off balance in those instances. Has a tendency to gamble and jump routes prematurely. Looks less comfortable in zone coverage and must improve his overall awareness in that facet. Durability is a concern following broken foot in 2004.

Overall: Joseph earned All-Conference honors as a defensive back at Coffeyville Junior College in 2003. He transferred to South Carolina prior to the 2004 season and earned a starting cornerback position for the first two games before he suffered a season-ending broken foot in the first quarter of the Georgia game. Joseph returned as a fulltime starter in 2005 and finished the season with 55 tackles, 3.5 tackles for loss, four interceptions and nine broken up passes in 12 games. He also averaged 23.5 yards on six kickoff returns and returned one punt for two yards in 2005. Joseph showed an awful lot of intriguing qualities in his one full season as a starter at the DI-A collegiate level. He has adequate size, excellent speed and natural playmaking instincts and ball skills. Joseph also supports the run hard and is a solid tackler, which should lend to him contributing on special teams right away in the NFL. However, the uncertainty generated by lack of experience and durability issues makes Joseph a dangerous proposition. From what we've seen of him in comparatively limited viewing, Joseph possesses the potential to develop into a difference maker as a fulltime starting cornerback in the NFL. That's why we grade Joseph out as a second round prospect.

Joseph runs a sub 4.4 40 yard dash, shows great natural playmaking ability and has good size for a man his speed. The Bears, likely loosing Azumah and only luke warm on Tillman's abilities, expect Joseph to develop into a starting CB who can man up on tough WRs and make big plays in zone coverage equally as well.

Pick made at 10:45 AM EST

Broncoman13
02-18-2006, 08:41 AM
KillerBronco76, the Raiders will give you the rights to Rod Wright for your current selection which is open at the moment and your third round pick. I haven't looked at the chart, but you're basically getting a late first round prospect for a late 2nd and 3rd. Up to you!

Billy Clyde Puckett
02-18-2006, 10:30 AM
With pick 59 - The Carolina cheerleaders select Greg Lee- WR Pitt.

Desperate for someone to take the load off Steve Smith and the terrible season by Kerry Colbert, the Panthers grab the best WR on their board.

10:30 AM Mtn

SoCalBronco
02-18-2006, 01:12 PM
The Jags and Arkie are on the clock.

Arkie
02-18-2006, 09:00 PM
With the 60th pick, the Jaguars selects Davin Joseph, OG, Oklahoma

Jacksonville can use a lot of help on the O-Line. Joseph is the ideal guard. He is strong and is a very good run blocker. He can dominate at the point of attack and open up massive holes in the running game. Davin also shows the athleticism and ability to block on the move. As a pass blocker, he displays the quickness and footwork to keep his quarterback on his feet.

http://www.draftshowcase.com/DavinJoseph2.jpg

Mr. Trout
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
you gotta put the time and date of the pick arkie. Feb 18th, somewhere around ten o'clock, CST.

Clockwork Orange
02-18-2006, 09:21 PM
With the 61st pick of the 2006 OM Draft, the Denver Broncos select Charles Spencer, OG, University of Pittsburgh.

Pick was made on February 18th at 9:20 P.M MST.

Mediator12
02-18-2006, 09:23 PM
And with the 62cd pick the Indianapolis Colts Select Joseph Addai RB LSU.

Pick was made at 11:23 pm Central time.

Mediator12
02-18-2006, 09:26 PM
Seattle and mini Bronco are on the clock from 11:23 Central time. Good night from INDY.

Mediator12
02-19-2006, 12:12 PM
SEA time allotment has now expired. PIT may pick when they are ready.

-Slap-
02-19-2006, 12:36 PM
We need a recap post, but I'm too lazy to do it.

minibronco
02-19-2006, 01:55 PM
With the 63rd pick in the draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

CHARLES GORDON (http://condraft.com/player.php?id=660) (CB) - KANSAS

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 01:58 PM
With the 63rd pick in the draft, the Seattle Seahawks select:

CHARLES GORDON (http://condraft.com/player.php?id=660) (CB) - KANSAS
Great pick!!!

Clockwork Orange
02-19-2006, 01:58 PM
That pick was made at 1:55 PM MST.

TheManeMan is on the clock.

SpringStein
02-19-2006, 02:02 PM
At what point does someone step in and make a pick for Cincy? Sure KillerBronco hasn't been around - on the other hand it seems to defeat the purpose (and realism of a draft) of a mock draft to have players picked when they may have been taken earlier.

minibronco
02-19-2006, 02:04 PM
Great pick!!!

Thank you..... it was kind of a reach, and I was about to take Orien Harris out of Miami (FL), but seeing that the hawks needed a CB, hehehe.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Thank you..... it was kind of a reach, and I was about to take Orien Harris out of Miami (FL), but seeing that the hawks needed a CB, hehehe.
He's moving up pretty fast, but I don't agree with you about the Hawks needing a CB though. Dyson, Herdon and Trufant are pretty good DBs. I do however like the pick :~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 02:12 PM
At what point does someone step in and make a pick for Cincy? Sure KillerBronco hasn't been around - on the other hand it seems to defeat the purpose (and realism of a draft) of a mock draft to have players picked when they may have been taken earlier.

We dont make a pick for them. I have already sent out a PM to killerbronco informing him the clock has expired but his pick may still be made at any time. Your right, it does somewhat defeat the realism of a mock draft, however, its a better result than for us to rob a team who has been taking this draft seriously the entire time and has his eye on some guy who we will take away from him. As between the posters who are intently waiting for their pick and have done nothing wrong and have a particular guy in mind, and the poster who has not made the pick on time, the latter and not the former should be punished.

WABronco
02-19-2006, 02:20 PM
He's moving up pretty fast, but I don't agree with you about the Hawks needing a CB though. Dyson, Herdon and Trufant are pretty good DBs. I do however like the pick :~ohyah!:

Dyson lacks durability, Kelly Herndon is Kelly Herndon, and Trufant hasn't lived up to his potential yet. They have a nice prospect in Jordan Babineaux, but they could still use some secondary help.

Not sure if Gordon is worth the no. 63 overall selection though. If guys like Cedric Griffin, DeMario Minter, and Kelly Jennings have already been picked, then I'd bet that Seattle does go with someone like Orien Harris because they'll most likely lose Rocky Bernard in FA.

minibronco
02-19-2006, 02:22 PM
wait.... are we done after 2 rounds?

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 02:28 PM
wait.... are we done after 2 rounds?

No. We are going to try and finish the entire draft if possible.

Mr. Trout
02-19-2006, 02:34 PM
We dont make a pick for them. I have already sent out a PM to killerbronco informing him the clock has expired but his pick may still be made at any time. Your right, it does somewhat defeat the realism of a mock draft, however, its a better result than for us to rob a team who has been taking this draft seriously the entire time and has his eye on some guy who we will take away from him. As between the posters who are intently waiting for their pick and have done nothing wrong and have a particular guy in mind, and the poster who has not made the pick on time, the latter and not the former should be punished.

I agree with you socal...good work.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Dyson lacks durability, Kelly Herndon is Kelly Herndon, and Trufant hasn't lived up to his potential yet. They have a nice prospect in Jordan Babineaux, but they could still use some secondary help.

Not sure if Gordon is worth the no. 63 overall selection though. If guys like Cedric Griffin, DeMario Minter, and Kelly Jennings have already been picked, then I'd bet that Seattle does go with someone like Orien Harris because they'll most likely lose Rocky Bernard in FA.
Gordon is the number 4 CB on atleasat one site. Herdon had a very good year (key INT in the SB), I can agree with Dyson some what, even though this was the first year he missed much time at all but your nuts in think that Trufant isn't as good as hyped.

TheManeMan
02-19-2006, 02:47 PM
With the 64th pick in the OM mock draft...the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/images/photo_galleries/2002_03/tulane_092802/images/griffin_td_02.jpg

Cedric Griffin
Cornerback - Texas
6-2 193

WABronco
02-19-2006, 02:51 PM
Gordon is the number 4 CB on atleasat one site. Herdon had a very good year (key INT in the SB), I can agree with Dyson some what, even though this was the first year he missed much time at all but your nuts in think that Trufant isn't as good as hyped.

From what I've read, Gordon's stock is dropping due to his average athleticism (compared to other top prospects) and his down year. He split time at WR as well...

Herndon is adequate, but not someone you want to be starting every Sunday. He was routinely beaten by quicker receivers, and he should be thanking his lucky stars that he played behind the league's best pass rush.

Dyson was pretty good actually, and I must've confused him with someone else over his durability issues. He's played in at least 14 games in every season before this one.

Trufant is solid as well, and he's not a bust by any means. However, he hasn't lived up to his potential as of yet, IMO. He's a nice run defender, but I don't think that he's reached his plateau...

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 02:55 PM
From what I've read, Gordon's stock is dropping due to his average athleticism (compared to other top prospects) and his down year. He split time at WR as well...

Herndon is adequate, but not someone you want to be starting every Sunday. He was routinely beaten by quicker receivers, and he should be thanking his lucky stars that he played behind the league's best pass rush.

Dyson was pretty good actually, and I must've confused him with someone else over his durability issues. He's played in at least 14 games in every season before this one.

Trufant is solid as well, and he's not a bust by any means. However, he hasn't lived up to his potential as of yet, IMO. He's a nice run defender, but I don't think that he's reached his plateau...
I think he will be a very good DB.
http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/top30.php?position=CB
He would give the team a SP teamer and should beat out Herndon at the Nickel spot. Like I said I don't think CB was a need of theres but I do like the pick. I think Gordon can be just like Williams was for us.

Clockwork Orange
02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Round 2 is complete and TheDave (Houston) is back on the clock with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

Are we staying at a 12 hour time limit or reducing it?

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Round 2 is complete and TheDave (Houston) is back on the clock with the 1st pick of the 3rd round.

Are we staying at a 12 hour time limit or reducing it?

I think 12 is a good idea. Its working so far. It will be hard to go lower than that since alot of people might not have any access to the computer at work.

Let me try to find a 3rd round order to put on the first post here as I think its slightly different than the norm due to a couple real life trades.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 03:09 PM
I think 12 is a good idea. Its working so far. It will be hard to go lower than that since alot of people might not have any access to the computer at work.

Let me try to find a 3rd round order to put on the first post here as I think its slightly different than the norm due to a couple real life trades.
http://www.nflfans.com/x/mock4.php?page=3

It says here houston has the first two picks and the Packers have the number 3 pick.

Clockwork Orange
02-19-2006, 03:18 PM
http://www.nflfans.com/x/mock4.php?page=3

It says here houston has the first two picks and the Packers have the number 3 pick.

Works for me.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks DB. I just went through it to confirm that NE indeed has BAL's pick due to a trade they had last year I think, and I think it has the right order.

I'll use that one and ofcourse update it with our trades.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Ok, everything has been updated.

Damn, the Dolphins have THREE picks in the third round!

TheDave
02-19-2006, 03:35 PM
With the 1st pick in the 3rd round the houston texans select

Jason Allen Safety | Senior | Tennessee

Strengths:
Has excellent size and long arms...Is a smooth athlete with fluid hips and quick feet...A playmaker in the secondary with good hands and a nose for the ball...Is equally effective against the run and in pass coverage...Versatile and has experience at multiple positions in the secondary...Smart player who is a team captain and leader on the field...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Might be a 'tweener without a true position...Will need to pick a position and focus on mastering the nuances of it rather than bouncing around...Is not a great tackler...Could be more physical...Average speed for the outside might be exposed at the next level...Dislocated his hip in October and also has a history of shoulder problems so health and durability will be a question mark.

Notes:
Could project to either safety or corner at the pro level...Almost entered the draft a year ago but changed his mind at the last minute and decided to return to the Vols and play cornerback in hopes of increasing his draft stock...Can be tried out at corner and in a worst-case scenario he could be moved to free safety.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Ok, Dave, youve got the 2nd pick in this round as well!

Back on the clock.

TheDave
02-19-2006, 03:51 PM
With the 2nd pick in the 3rd round the houston texans select

Martin Nance Wide Receiver | Senior | Miami (OH)

Height: 6-5 | Weight: 210 | 40-Time: 4.50

Strengths:
Has tremendous size and a big frame...Is a major threat in the red zone...Is underrated athletically...Good leaper who knows how to go up and get the ball...Has big, strong, reliable hands...Will make the acrobatic catch...Physical and knows how to use his body...Tough player who is more than willing to go over the middle...Solid route runner...Intangibles are top notch...Very productive.

Weaknesses:
May not always play up to his timed speed...Is not very quick...Isn't an explosive athlete...Could have trouble getting separation against pro defensive backs...Probably won't be a major deep threat at the pro level...Will lose focus at times...Has missed some time due to injury...If he doesn't run well in workouts teams may downgrade his upside to that of a #2 or possession receiver.

Notes:
Had a monster season in 2003 (90 rec. for 1,498 yards and 11 touchdowns) as Ben Roethlisberger's main target...Missed most of the 2004 season with an ACL injury to his left knee...Based on size, speed and production this guy has just about everything you look for and is potentially a #1 receiver at the next level.

pick made at 3:50 MST

Clockwork Orange
02-19-2006, 03:52 PM
DBroncos4Life (Packers) are on the clock.

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 04:14 PM
grr I'm in a hard place here. I'll pick in a few if anyone would like to move up a few to this spot let me know.

FADERPROOF
02-19-2006, 04:57 PM
2 very nice picks Dave, Allen is a first rounder but that season ending injury drops him, and Nance is as good as any WR in this years draft, but playing at Miami(OH) doesn't do him any justice.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 04:59 PM
2 very nice picks Dave, Allen is a first rounder but that season ending injury drops him, and Nance is as good as any WR in this years draft, but playing at Miami(OH) doesn't do him any justice.

Yeah, Allen was one of my guys I was thinking of for SF in the 3rd. He's underrated. I remember you were pimping him last year. Ferguson/Winston/Allen/Nance is a great, great haul on Day 1. Great job, Dave.

TheDave
02-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys... I just can't get over how deep this draft is. 20 of the 2nd round picks would carry 1st round grades in most years... When it was my time to pick in the 3rd there was still 5-7 players i really liked. Great year for the Broncos to have 5* day one picks!!!

(assuming a comp 3rd)

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks guys... I just can't get over how deep this draft is. 20 of the 2nd round picks would carry 1st round grades in most years... When it was my time to pick in the 3rd there was still 5-7 players i really liked. Great year for the Broncos to have 5* day one picks!!!

(assuming a comp 3rd)

Yep, and we might get a comp 4th also, which would give us 3 4th rounders, providing a total of 8 picks in the first four rounds!!!! Just looking at the way this mock draft has gone so far, I see a whole bunch of early to mid second round talents still there. Its unbelievable, really. I cant even imagine how it is going to be on draft day, how much talent will still be there in the 4th when we will have at least 2 and possibly 3 selections.

Ray Finkle
02-19-2006, 05:32 PM
I thought hard about Allen over Watkins but took the healthier player.

eddie mac
02-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Yep, and we might get a comp 4th also, which would give us 3 4th rounders, providing a total of 8 picks in the first four rounds!!!! Just looking at the way this mock draft has gone so far, I see a whole bunch of early to mid second round talents still there. Its unbelievable, really. I cant even imagine how it is going to be on draft day, how much talent will still be there in the 4th when we will have at least 2 and possibly 3 selections.

Dont be getting too exited SoCal. Mike has a tendency to select players many of us fans dont rate as highly as he does, then again he is immortal.

FADERPROOF
02-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, Allen was one of my guys I was thinking of for SF in the 3rd. He's underrated. I remember you were pimping him last year. Ferguson/Winston/Allen/Nance is a great, great haul on Day 1. Great job, Dave.

I'm waiting for my pick here in round 3 that I believe both of us are high on.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Dont be getting too exited SoCal. Mike has a tendency to select players many of us fans dont rate as highly as he does, then again he is immortal.

Given the annual tradition now, I already know ill be royally pissed off at a few picks, but if we can just hit on half of the guys we select in the first four rounds, we will be set big time. It would take a really gargantuan effort from the FO to **** up this draft, given the number of picks and excellent depth.

FADERPROOF
02-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Given the annual tradition now, I already know ill be royally pissed off at a few picks, but if we can just hit on half of the guys we select in the first four rounds, we will be set big time. It would take a really gargantuan effort from the FO to **** up this draft, given the number of picks and excellent depth.

Just think how much it sucks that the only pick that you were happy with last year was Maurice Clarett.

So maybe it's a good idea if you hate our draft day picks ;)

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 05:46 PM
Just think how much it sucks that the only pick that you were happy with last year was Maurice Clarett.

So maybe it's a good idea if you hate our draft day picks ;)

;D

I didnt hate D-Will, primarily because I remembered how he did at the Senior Bowl practices, but he certainly wasnt among my first group of choices. I didnt like the next two corners picked, although Old Dude wisely called Foxworth as being a good pick from the moment we drafted him. I really hated Paymah, especially with Evan Mathis still being on the board. I loved MoC your right. You ended up being 100 percent right on him.

FADERPROOF
02-19-2006, 05:48 PM
;D

I didnt hate D-Will, primarily because I remembered how he did at the Senior Bowl practices, but he certainly wasnt among my first group of choices. I didnt like the next two corners picked, although Old Dude wisely called Foxworth as being a good pick from the moment we drafted him. I really hated Paymah, especially with Evan Mathis still being on the board. I loved MoC your right. You ended up being 100 percent right on him.

What I didnt like about the CB's being draft was that Justin Miller was out there at CB, I had him rated high.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 05:54 PM
What I didnt like about the CB's being draft was that Justin Miller was out there at CB, I had him rated high.

Yeah. When we were on the clock, I was hoping for Justin Miller or Hawthorne. I think I had Vincent Jackson and Evan Mathis right up there too, right after the initial pair. I was kind of letdown when D-Will was picked because he wasnt among that group but I remembered that article from PFW on him after the Senior Bowl and the report on him from thenflexperts.com. Paymah totally just threw me into a rage though. And then when we went for Foxy when I think Elton Brown and Hawthorne were still on the board, I got really deperessed. MoC saved the day though. Ha!

DBroncos4life
02-19-2006, 06:08 PM
With the next pick in the draft the Packers select Rocky McIntosh OLB from NFL U. Im hoping that he follows in DJs and Vilmas shoes. Pick was made at 6:06 MT

SoCalBronco
02-19-2006, 06:19 PM
San Francisco is thrilled to select DT (but we will use him as a 3-4 DE) Orien Harris of Miami (Fla.). Harris has alot of talent, hasnt quite played up to that level the last few years and has become more of a very good run stuffer instead of a great pass rushing DT, which is another reason to put him at end in the 3-4, who's task is primarily to stop the run. Orien has good pass rushing skills as well, despite the statistics not bearing that out, and perhaps moving him to the outside will help. He has alot of ability (first round ability in fact) but needs to realize his potential. Hopefully he can live up to it in the pros. This helps since Bryant Young is getting older at the end spot. SF is thrilled to add another very talented youngster to the DL (Im high on massive NT Isaac Sopoaga, drafted two years ago, and made a nice splash this year after being hurt last year). With McClover bringing heat from OLB and Harris shutting things down at End, SF's 3-4 front seven has gotten a very nice infusion of talent in this draft.

Im sure Orien is also thrilled to be re-united with his brother, Kwame Harris, also on the 49ers.

http://miamicollectibles.com/ProductImages/miami%20hurricanes/orienharris/Oharris8.JPG

Background

Orien Harris went to Newark High School where he maintained a 3.28 grade point average while playing football. As a senior, Harris recorded 130 tackles and 9 sacks, leading his team to a 12-0 record and a state championship. For his performance, Orien was named Gatorade player of the year for the state of Delaware. He finished his high school career with 496 tackles and 33 sacks. He was considered to be the best prospect in the state and one of the top defensive line prospects in the nation. Orien accepted a scholarship to play at the University of Miami where he sat out the 2001 season as a redshirt. He totaled 36 tackles and one sack in a backup role as a sophomore in 2002. Harris started the majority of the 2003 season following a season ending injury to starter Santonio Thomas. He finished the season with 39 tackles and 4 sacks. As a junior Harris earned honorable mention All-ACC and was named Miami’s defensive linemen of the year for his 55 tackle, 1 sack performance, despite missing two games due to arthroscopic knee surgery. Orien Harris could’ve entered the 2005 NFL draft but instead opted to return to Miami for his senior season.

Analysis

Orien Harris has average size and excellent athleticism for a defensive tackle. He is a good all-around lineman—An excellent run stopper and although it doesn’t always show up on the stat sheets in terms of sacks, he can also rush the passer. He is a powerful player who has no problem penetrating the line of scrimmage. He possesses good closing speed and excels in pursuit. He is a good wrap-up tackler. Harris has a good motor, excellent instincts, and always seems to be around the football. He is a tough, durable player who has only missed two games due to injury since taking over the starting job in 2003. He lacks ideal size and strength for a defensive tackle in the NFL, however, his athleticism will allow him to play either defensive tackle in a 4-3 or defensive end in a 3-4 defensive scheme. In addition to bulking up and getting stronger, Harris needs to display good technique on a more consistent basis to have the same type of success in the professional level. Orien Harris has a good deal of upside and should be among the top defensive tackles selected in the 2006 NFL draft.

Pick made at 5:18 PST time, Feb 19th.
OSKIE and the Fade are on the clock.

eddie mac
02-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Knew I should've traded up from 70 or 73 to 67. Far too many of us on here think alike. That's 4 of my targets off the board in the last 7 picks.:rofl:

Drek
02-20-2006, 05:30 AM
Really made some ground over the last day. This draft is crazy deep though, there are guys some (ex. Kiper) have predicted as 1st rounders still on the board, and no one has really been reaching with their picks.

Real impressive by everyone that we've only had two major lapses in picking the first two rounds. Hopefully everyone stays at it and we can make it through most, if not all, of the draft.

eddie mac
02-20-2006, 05:45 AM
Oskie better be quick he's got 30 mins or so or I'll be sneaking in to grab pick 70.

eddie mac
02-20-2006, 07:16 AM
12 hours have passed so with the 70th pick of the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select DE Victor Adeyanju Indiana Height: 6-4 | Weight: 275 | 40-Time: 4.61

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent size and the frame to get even bigger...A tremendous natural athlete...Speed and quickness are outstanding...Has good range and pursues well...Has a great motor...Puts in his time in the weight room...A hard worker with top intangibles who wants to be the best...Tough and durable with four-years of starting experience...Still has a ton of upside and his best football is still to come.

Weaknesses:
Still very raw and needs some development...Needs to work on his technique and will play too high at times...Must develop additional pass rush moves...Could do a better job against the run...Might be a bit of a workout warrior...Was not super productive throughout his career...Needs to bulk up and put on some weight.

Notes:
Spent much of his childhood living in Nigeria...Has all the physical tools you look for but is just a little rough around the edges...Could become a top pro defensive end with the right coaching...You could see a team fall in love with his potential.

Pick made at 14.13 GMT or 06.13 PST

NFLBronco and Miami are on the clock, Oskie and Killerbronco76 can make their picks at anytime.

Broncoman13
02-20-2006, 07:24 AM
The Faiders select Dominique Byrd. He carries a 2nd round grade and it's a need position when you consider how hot/cold Courtney Anderson was last year. While Defense needs to be addressed the Faiders find it hard to pass up a TE that would be the best in the draft in half of the drafts over the past 10 years. That gives the Faid AJ Hawk, Rod Wright, and Dom Byrd. A nice three round pull.

Height: 6-3 | Weight: 260 | 40-Time: 4.85

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has tremendous hands and a flair for making the spectacular catch...A gamebreaker who can make plays down the field...Smooth athlete with good quickness...A threat to run after the catch and plays faster in pads than he runs in shorts...Has excellent body control...Can stretch the seam despite his average speed...Very productive and a key cog in a high-powered offense.

Weaknesses:
Doesn't have the elite speed you look for in a top pass catching tight end...Lacks ideal size and needs to hit the weights and get stronger...Is not much of a blocker...Has dealt with a number of injuries throughout his career and durability is a major concern...Has some character questions that will need to be investigated.

Notes:
If you judge him based solely on his physical measurables he probably wouldn't look like much of a prospect, but when you pop in the film all he does is make plays...May not be a full-time starter at the next level but with so many teams using the tight end as a weapon in the passing game he will play in the league for a while...At the very least he is a backup.

Pick made at 8:20 (CST) Feb. 20th, 2006.

The Buffalo Bills (Eddy Mac) are on the clock. Luckily I didn't steal your pick since your drafted Pope in the 2nd.

Broncoman13
02-20-2006, 07:29 AM
12 hours have passed so with the 70th pick of the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select DE Victor Adeyanju Indiana Height: 6-4 | Weight: 275 | 40-Time: 4.61

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has excellent size and the frame to get even bigger...A tremendous natural athlete...Speed and quickness are outstanding...Has good range and pursues well...Has a great motor...Puts in his time in the weight room...A hard worker with top intangibles who wants to be the best...Tough and durable with four-years of starting experience...Still has a ton of upside and his best football is still to come.

Weaknesses:
Still very raw and needs some development...Needs to work on his technique and will play too high at times...Must develop additional pass rush moves...Could do a better job against the run...Might be a bit of a workout warrior...Was not super productive throughout his career...Needs to bulk up and put on some weight.

Notes:
Spent much of his childhood living in Nigeria...Has all the physical tools you look for but is just a little rough around the edges...Could become a top pro defensive end with the right coaching...You could see a team fall in love with his potential.

Pick made at 14.13 GMT or 06.13 PST

NFLBronco and Miami are on the clock, Oskie and Killerbronco76 can make their picks at anytime.

I almost picked him. In fact, I was real close to saying his name! But, the Faid do not have a big need at DE. Really though, Victor has Faiders written all over him. The Faid will reach on him b/c he's a workout warrior. The real problem with him is production. He's never really produced (as you would expect w/his measureables), but he has talent and could workout real well for a team willing to take a chance on him.

watermock
02-20-2006, 07:30 AM
http://www.bangcartoon.com/wp-content/characters/postoncarl.gif

"Who stole my second round pick? This is an outrage!...one trip...one trip to SoCal and I get robbed blind...oh...high Vernon...Pepp is on the chopping block and should be cooked in another hour"

NFLBRONCO
02-20-2006, 08:51 AM
With the 71st pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Taitsu Lutui G USC

pick made 7:50 pst 8:50 mst 9:50 cst and 10:50 est

San Francisco 49ers- SoCalBronco is on the clock

Ray Finkle
02-20-2006, 11:08 AM
With the 71st pick in the 2006 NFL Draft the Miami Dolphins select

Taitsu Lutui G USC

pick made 7:50 pst 8:50 mst 9:50 cst and 10:50 est

San Francisco 49ers- SoCalBronco is on the clock

DAMN YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL! I was hoping he would slide a little more...

Clockwork Orange
02-20-2006, 03:58 PM
SoCal is back on the clock.

SpringStein
02-20-2006, 04:59 PM
I think Maimi's trade downs have worked out nicely for them.

SoCalBronco
02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I truly cannot believe how much talent is still there. San Francisco is thrilled to add a first round talent, in fact, quite possibly after the Senior Bowl, the top center in the entire draft, Nick Mangold out of Ohio State.

http://www.tsglogos.com/images/166_Mangoldsm.jpg

With this selection, SF has added the final piece in their young and emerging interior offensive line after adding Guards Justin Smiley out of Alabama and David Bass of Michigan last year, who the team likes quite a bit. SF is really happy with its young and skilled interior offensive line. This should help out big time in opening holes for RB Frank Gore and providing protection for Alex Smith. Mangold was one of the Senior Bowl's brightest starts dominating the best Senior DT prospects all week. He is an instant starter and a huge upgrade over Eric Heitmann who is really a converted guard and not a standout in any sense.

Nick Mangold OL Ohio State 6032 297 10 1/8 31 7/8
Weigh-In Notes: Needs weight room work.

Monday Practice Notes: Outstanding afternoon. Technically sound and properly placed his hands into defenders then controlled them at the point of attack. Really improved his standing in the eyes of scouts.
Tuesday Practice Notes: This center prospect had complete control of the middle of the line today. Often there was a strong push behind Mangold opening space for running backs. He also has a little nasty streak finishing all of his blocks. The one area Mangold struggled was in agility drills where his lateral movement was sub par.
Wednesday Practice Notes: Saw some action at guard today. Mangold continued to show ample strength as he was able to wall off some of the stronger and larger defensive tackles. His lateral quickness has to be brought into question as well as his ability to get to the second level effectively. Does recognize well and “climbed the ladder” effectively in pass protection.
Thursday Practice Notes: Has consistently manhandled the middle of the line all week. This power comes from his pad level. He showed again today with his technique that he consistently plays lower than the man he is matched up against. Also showed some nice recognition in pass protection, picking up free blitzes as he “climbed the ladder”.
Analysis: One of the more impressive prospects during the week. Mangold consistently manhandled the middle of the line and got great push. Plays with a fantastic pad level, technically sound, strong as an ox, and even showed a nasty streak during the week. The question on Mangold is his overall athleticism, at times struggling with his lateral movement and getting to blocks on the second level. One things is for certain, the defensive tackles on the North squad will be happy they do not have to face Mangold anymore on a daily basis.

Pick was made at 6:50 PST Feb 20th. Eddie Mac and the Bills are on the clock.

-Slap-
02-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Damn, I was hoping either Cedric Griffin or Dominique Byrd would fall to the Rams' selection.

-Slap-
02-20-2006, 07:52 PM
Good lord, as I'm typing that, Mangold comes off the board.

SoCalBronco
02-20-2006, 08:02 PM
Good lord, as I'm typing that, Mangold comes off the board.

This draft is just gross. Its just wrong. Talent is disgusting. Its light years stronger than last year. Light years! I literally couldnt believe the guys I was choosing from at this stage when I finally decided on Mangold. All high ranked prospects to pick from and there are still several more there.

Just disgusting.

Man I love this draft. ;D

DBroncos4life
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
This draft is just gross. Its just wrong. Talent is disgusting. Its light years stronger than last year. Light years! I literally couldnt believe the guys I was choosing from at this stage when I finally decided on Mangold. All high ranked prospects to pick from and there are still several more there.

Just disgusting.

I thought about him as well and I almost pulled the trigger but Im not a big fan of moving C to OGs, but I think he could do it.

Clockwork Orange
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM

Just disgusting.

The Shanahan bashers are pretty quiet these days. Not a whole lot they can say after he traded out of a weak draft for multiple picks in a rich one.

The Redskins did better than expected this season, but with the depth of this draft Shanahan and the Broncos have come out of this smelling like a rose.

eddie mac
02-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Damn it was so hard making this selection because I had approx 6 players to choose from, but in the end I'm sticking with the guy I had originally pencilled in for this pick.

With the 73rd pick(3rd round) of the 2006 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College
Height: 6-9 | Weight: 330 | 40-Time: 5.30

Official Bio

Strengths:
Has a tremendous frame with long arms...Physical and tough with a nasty demeanor on the field...Does an excellent job in the run game...Good technician who used his hands well...Smart and knows how to take defenders where he wants them to go...Hard worker with top intangibles...Durable with a ton of experience...Hails from a program with a strong history of producing NFL linemen.

Weaknesses:
Might be too tall as it can affect his ability to get proper leverage...Is not a great athlete and might not have the feet or quickness to play left tackle...Mobility is only average at best and he won't do much in space...Struggles to handle speed rushers...Lacks a sturdy base...Needs to get stronger...Has a limited upside.

Notes:
Was a high school teammate of Mathias Kiwanuka...Will probably have to play right tackle in the pros...Typical B.C. offensive lineman who is never going to be a star but will more than likely start and have a long career at the next level.

Pick made at 10-40am GMT or 02-40am PST.

eddie mac
02-21-2006, 03:43 AM
The Shanahan bashers are pretty quiet these days. Not a whole lot they can say after he traded out of a weak draft for multiple picks in a rich one.

The Redskins did better than expected this season, but with the depth of this draft Shanahan and the Broncos have come out of this smelling like a rose.

It also looks like he could land a top DE and DT in round 1. Most mocks have both Hali and Kiwanuka slipping to 22 whilst Bunkley is available on most at 29.

I must have looked at 20-30 and Kiwanuka is our pick at 22 on about 70% of them.

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 04:47 AM
JCMElway is now on the clock.

Ray Finkle
02-21-2006, 07:50 AM

give bloodsunday another week, he'll come up with something to bash Shanahan about...

SoCalBronco
02-21-2006, 12:06 PM
JCMElway PMed me with his pick last night since he wont be on today.

CB DeMario Minter of Georgia.

11:05 PST.

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 01:42 PM
ICON is now on the clock.

ICON
02-21-2006, 02:05 PM
ICON is now on the clock.New England (ICON) traded up for Miami's (NFLBRONCO) first rounder (#16). Miami gets the 21st pick and New England's third rounder as well. But new enland has two 3rd
round picks so i should be picking at #85 next

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 02:15 PM
New England (ICON) traded up for Miami's (NFLBRONCO) first rounder (#16). Miami gets the 21st pick and New England's third rounder as well. But new enland has two 3rd
round picks so i should be picking at #85 next

Gotcha, I was going by the big board on the first page.

NFLBRONCO is on the clock.

ICON
02-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Gotcha, I was going by the big board on the first page.

NFLBRONCO is on the clock.
so i should be picking at #85 next right ? not kc

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
so i should be picking at #85 next right ?

Actually, you are on the clock. New England has Baltimore's pick in the 3rd round. You traded New England's 3rd rounder in your deal, that pick comes later in the round, that's the one that JCM owns.

NFLBRONCO
02-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I assume I pick 82 and 86 still

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I assume I pick 82 and 86 still

Correct. ICON is on the clock for the current pick.

ICON
02-21-2006, 03:17 PM
A.J Nicholson #54
Outside Linebacker
http://www.draftace.com/players2006/aj_nicholson.jpg
Florida State
Ht: 6'2
Wt: 235

Strenghts: Excellent athlete. Tremendous playmaker. Always around the ball. Very strong. Hard hitter. Shows great range and quickness. Solid in coverage. Good fundamentals, solid tackler.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal size. Doesn't have the elite speed that smaller players often have to make up for their lack of size. Has serious character concerns, was suspended from teams bowl game. Has been arrested twice. Has some injury concerns; tore MCL 2 years ago.

Comments: A certain 1st round pick if character concerns weren't an issue; could drop to late in day one because of them. Probably doesn't have the speed to switch to safety. Could be a steal in the 2nd or 3rd round if he gets his life straightened out.

Drek
02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm up?

SpringStein
02-21-2006, 03:25 PM
A.J Nicholson #54
Outside Linebacker
Has serious character concerns, was suspended from teams bowl game. Has been arrested twice. Has some injury concerns; tore MCL 2 years ago.

Not so sure NFL teams are going to be too understanding...

But that's just me!

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm up?

That you are.

Drek
02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
With the 76th pick in the 2006 Draft the Chicago Bears select.....

Darryl Tapp
DE, 6'1", 266 lbs, Virginia Tech

Strengths: Is well built and powerful. Is quicker than fast. Has great initial burst and anticipation skills. Has shown the ability to rush the QB from the outside and as an interior penetrator. He has good body control and balance. Is able to turn the corner with good body lean and shows excellent closing burst as a pass rusher. Uses first-step quickness, powerful upper body and wide array of pass rush moves to keep off of blocks. He is a powerful hitter who will generate some forced fumbles. He is quick, tough and active vs. the run. Has very good recognition skills. Lacks height but is squatty and well-built. Will play with leverage and does a good job of using his hands to disengage from blocks. He finds the ball carrier quickly, gets off of blocks in a hurry and pursues with a great motor. He takes good angles in pursuit and shows good closing burst as a tackler. Shows good open-field tackling skills. He has also proven to be a great contributor on special teams. He plays with a great motor and is a hard worker.

Weaknesses: Lacks ideal NFL measurables. Is short and possesses just adequate top-end speed. Is able to hold the POA at the collegiate level but taller, bigger OT's in the NFL will engulf more easily. Also is able to turn the corner as a pass rusher in college but lacks ideal top-end speed to do so consistently in the NFL. He will need to work on his array of pass rush moves  as an interior and perimeter pass rusher. Missed part of 2005 spring practice with bruised left clavicle.

Overall: Tapp played primarily on special teams as a true freshman in 2002. He started four games and served as a backup and special team's player in every other game that season. As a junior in 2004, Tapp started all 13 games and finished with 60 tackles, 16 TFL and 8.5 sacks. He started all 13 games as a senior in 2005, when he earned first-team All-ACC honors for the second-consecutive season, finishing with 48 total tackles, 14 TFL and 10 sacks, three broken up passes, three forced fumbles and one blocked kick. Tapp experienced a breakout season as a junior in 2004 and he continued to improve as a senior at Virginia Tech in 2005. He lacks ideal height and has just decent top-end speed. In all reality, Tapp is a better football player than natural athlete. However, he is a quick, powerful, instinctive playmaker who also has the bulk and center of gravity to hold his ground in run support versus most offensive tackles. Few will outwork Tapp  during games, at practice or in the film room. He may lack the NFL measurables of a first round draft pick, but Tapp should find a way to overcome his physical limitations in order to make a significant contribution in the NFL, which is why we believe he's worth the second-round risk.

With Michael Haynes wanting out of town and Tapp left in the 3rd round the Bears can't pass up the value pick, especially after being very impressed by his senior bowl play. He'll be a great special teamer, backup, and situational pass rusher short term and should develop into a quality starting DE a few years down the road.

Clockwork Orange
02-21-2006, 03:37 PM
You should have announced this pick as, "This Is Darryl Tapp." ;D

Slap is on the clock.

FADERPROOF
02-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Damn this is a monster deep draft, Tapp going in round 3 is unreal.