PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Terrel Owens in Denver...all thing TO merged

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Gary Miller from Channel 4 sports just had a report that TO and Drew R. were in Denver today and had meetings w/ Mike Shanahan. He had video of them walking together at the airport. Drew made some comment like maybe we'll be seeing you guys later. Uggggggggggg!!!

Conklin
01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Gary Miller from Channel 4 sports just had a report that TO and Drew R. were in Denver today and had meetings w/ Mike Shanahan. He had video of them walking together at the airport. Drew made some comment like maybe we'll be seeing you guys later. Uggggggggggg!!!

link?

hades
01-30-2006, 05:33 PM
I actually hope so. Give him a strict contract where if he F's up he is gone. He can catch the dang ball, we need that!

TheDave
01-30-2006, 05:34 PM

Isn't he still under contract with the eagles... If so how could we talk to him?

Ray Finkle
01-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Isn't he still under contract with the eagles... If so how could we talk to him?

They allowed him to seek a "trade".....and I just threw up in my mouth again...

TheDave
01-30-2006, 05:39 PM
They allowed him to seek a "trade".....and I just threw up in my mouth again...

If that the case... then along with your puking i just $hit myself!

orange 4 life
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM

sorry my friend, but there's no "ugghhh" from me.

in fact, i'd throw a frigging party.

up until that last game i mightve agreed with you, but watching us in 2 receiver sets when we're down 3 scores made me desperately want another solid target at wideout.

listening to a bunch of dumb fvcks blame plummer after the fact REALLY makes me want to get another target for him.

it would only be one year, but fact is, if we sign owens you'd have to like our chances to win it all.
jake has been fantastic with smith and lelie as his ONLY viable threats as wideouts (our 3rd and 4th wr's were amongst the worst. i like charlie, but he's no #3).
what do you suppose he could do with owens out there too?

he'd be friggin LETHAL. thats what he'd be.
we would be near unstoppable on offense (and we've already been top 5 since jake arrived), and our defense should be largely intact with further development from our young corners.

it would be one year with owens, but it could well be a superbowl year, so im all for it.
we have leaders on this team. TRUE leaders, and lots of them.
rod, jake, mike, wilson, pryce, lynch, bailey, and burns collectively is as good a leadership group as one could hope to have.
theyll keep owens under wraps long enough for us to win.

bring him in.
do it.

jake

Dudeskey
01-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Maybe if they sign him there will be some kind of shut the **** up clause...???

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Nice

Ray Finkle
If that the case... then along with your puking i just $hit myself!

misery loves company....

-Slap-
Isn't it great how organizations are always preaching to their players about how they should put the team first, how they should act professional, how they should do things the right way.

What happens the first time some egotistical idiot savant like TO hits the market?

What a joke.....:pity:

RMT
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't know why everyone is up in arms over TO. Sure he's screwed up but Shanahan will NOT do anything contrary to his goal of winning the SB. If he feels that TO can contribute and NOT screw up, he'll bring him in.

Personally, our offense lacks a big-time playmaker and has a stoic personality. It needs to have more of a killer instinct.

DB-Freak
01-30-2006, 05:44 PM
Wow a true playmaker in our offense......

It's been a while.....

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
listening to a bunch of dumb fvcks blame plummer after the fact REALLY makes me want to get another target for him.

Plummer is going to be the target of TO's scorn instead. What do you think Terrell would say to reporters after Jake coughed up the ball four times in a playoff game?

Hercules Rockefeller
People need to realize that if TO ****s up with his next team, he's out of the league. No one's going to give him a chance if he can't get along with Reid and Shanahan, two of the best coaches in the league and loved by most of their players.

Ray Finkle
Isn't it great how organizations are always preaching to their players about how they should put the team first, how they should act professional, how they should do things the right way.

What happens the first time some egotistical idiot savant like TO hits the market?

What a joke.....:pity:

you think they should be a roshambo clause? If he acts up, Wilson gets to kick him square in the nuts....

Kaylore
01-30-2006, 05:48 PM
I love the AFC West. We're like the neutron stars of talent across the board.

RMT
Wow a true playmaker in our offense......

It's been a while.....

Yeah, like 7 or 8 years ...

-Slap-
Its so damn funny. Why would anybody with a brain believe TO won't come here, have eight great games, and then start bitching about his contract?

I almost hope it happens just to witness the frigging implosion.

Dukes
01-30-2006, 05:49 PM
The thought of Jake throwing TD's to TO get me excited. I'm just not sold on him not being a basket case yet

enjolras
01-30-2006, 05:49 PM
People need to realize that if TO ****s up with his next team, he's out of the league. No one's going to give him a chance if he can't get along with Reid and Shanahan, two of the best coaches in the league and loved by most of their players.

A) TO doesn't know this... clearly.

B) Jeff George screwed up far more teams than TO has, and he's only half as talented.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 05:50 PM
you think they should be a roshambo clause? If he acts up, Wilson gets to kick him square in the nuts....

Don't worry, this frigging momo will be in the papers for brawling with another teammate. That's a given.

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 05:51 PM
link?

No link it was on the Channel 4 sports this evening

Ray Finkle
Its so damn funny. Why would anybody with a brain believe TO won't come here, have eight great games, and then start b****ing about his contract?

I almost hope it happens just to witness the frigging implosion.

you give him 8? I give him three (when Rod has two more catches them him).

Hercules Rockefeller

B) Jeff George screwed up far more teams than TO has, and he's only half as talented.

If TO is getting any advice from Rosenhaus and the rest of his handlers, he knows that this next team is his last shot. He hand-picked the Eagles and couldn't shut his mouth. It's his last shot.

RMT
When's the last time we've had a WR who could take a 5 yard screen and turn it into an 80 yard TD?

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 05:52 PM

People seem to believe that TO's brain operates the way a normal person's brain operates, despite a truckload of empirical evidence to the contrary.

TheDave
01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
you give him 8? I give him three (when Rod has two more catches them him).

I think he meant 8 great quarters Ha!

RMT
If TO is getting any advice from Rosenhaus and the rest of his handlers, he knows that this next team is his last shot. He hand-picked the Eagles and couldn't shut his mouth. It's his last shot.

which is exactly why it's a great time to consider adding him to the fold, especially being on a team laden with veterans. He's been endorsed by 3 of the team's "leaders" so why should we fans cringe when players are intrigued by possibly having him as a new teammate?

Northman

up until that last game i mightve agreed with you, but watching us in 2 receiver sets when we're down 3 scores made me desperately want another solid target at wideout.

it would only be one year, but fact is, if we sign owens you'd have to like our chances to win it all.
jake has been fantastic with smith and lelie as his ONLY viable threats as wideouts (our 3rd and 4th wr's were amongst the worst. i like charlie, but he's no #3).

we would be near unstoppable on offense (and we've already been top 5 since jake arrived), and our defense should be largely intact with further development from our young corners.

it would be one year with owens, but it could well be a superbowl year, so im all for it.
rod, jake, mike, wilson, pryce, lynch, bailey, and burns collectively is as good a leadership group as one could hope to have.

bring him in.
do it.

jake

Jake threw two picks right into the opponents hands how is that not his fault? offensive line issues? probably. but if the offensive line doesnt improve then Owens will never see the ball especially if Jake keeps putting the ball right in the opponents hands. Owens cant pass the ball to himself dip****, you got to have a Qb with at least some accuracy to get him the ball. While Jake was hardly the only problem against Pitt the two picks were unforced errors on his part. To say Owens would have been a difference maker on that day is laughable at best. Not to mention your dreaming of a senario where Owens is going to behave while in Denver. Ha! Anyway, keep believing that pipe dream man, Owens will never change because he loves him some him and thats it. If you cant get along with a guy like Mcnabb there is no way he will put up with Jake.

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 05:54 PM
Plummer is going to be the target of TO's scorn instead. What do you think Terrell would say to reporters after Jake coughed up the ball four times in a playoff game?

Thats what worries me about him. Now its just the people on the Orange Mane and the Media that bitch about Jake. Nobody in the locker room says shiat. It needs to stay that way and I don't think he can keep his mouth shut. If Mike does sign him. He needs to have a small signing bonus w/ incentive clauses and a 1 year contract.

Dukes
01-30-2006, 05:55 PM
People seem to believe that TO's brain operates the way a normal person's brain operates, despite a truckload of empirical evidence to the contrary.

Hilarious! Hilarious! Maybe the fact that this could be his last chance will be enough for him to shut up? Ok, well probably not

Kaylore
Ha!

Odysseus

I have said this same exact thing nine different ways. People either like TO or hate him. There is nothing wrong with talking with the guy. If he can interview well, think clearly and don't say anything stupid we can at least know what the other team is getting when they talk to him. One more meltdown and he's through and he knows it.

I would love to see T.O. in Denver BUT (too numerous to mention) and I am sticking to that!

Northman
01-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Thats what worries me about him. Now its just the people on the Orange Mane and the Media that b**** about Jake. Nobody in the locker room says shiat. It needs to stay that way and I don't think he can keep his mouth shut. If Mike does sign him. He needs to have a small signing bonus w/ incentive clauses and a 1 year contract.

Problem is, we are real close to making the Big dance. To bring in Terrell would jeopardize everything next year. TO is a cancer i dont care how talented he is. Denver got to the AFC game without him, we can get there again.

Dukes
01-30-2006, 05:58 PM
Problem is, we are real close to making the Big dance. To bring in Terrell would jeopardize everything next year. TO is a cancer i dont care how talented he is. Denver got to the AFC game without him, we can get there again.

But on the other side, IF he could shut up and just play, he would be the piece we need to get to the SB

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
Think of your everyday lives, people. How many leopards do you know who've changed their spots at age 33?

About one in a 100, and you think any second that he might slip.

Odysseus

You got to stop being so reasonable! :giggle:

broncobum6162

bring him in.
do it.

jake

If we could get one year out of him, I agree it would be worth it but......I don't think he could keep his mouth shut for one year and I think his presence would totally screw up the chemistry that we have. His downside to me is much greater than his upside (which is phenominal). :~ohyah!:

elsid13
01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
OK who the first Denver defense player to beat TO's ass in the weight room???

I going with the Hammer or the Midget Missile

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:00 PM
This is akin to making a deal with the devil. Everything looks wonderful at first, but the end result is horrid.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:03 PM
When's the last time we've had a WR who could take a 5 yard screen and turn it into an 80 yard TD?

Devoe did it in preseason. :yep:

Dukes
01-30-2006, 06:03 PM
So what are the chances of this ending up worse than IHOP or Carter fiascos?

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:04 PM

He'll make IHOP & Carter look like Rod Smith clones by comparison.

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Bigtime, the only way a guy like TO stays happy is behind a Qb like Brady or Manning. it has to be a Qb with great accuracy and protection. Doesnt matter how good he is, he becomes average if you cant get the ball to him.

Odysseus
01-30-2006, 06:06 PM

ZERO

The Broncos are painfully aware of their annual season hinkey move of the season. They get don't want to pull the trigger too early or get left out. They let Willie Roaf get away. I would not be surprised if they did they same with Terrell no matter what he says.

Bronco9798
01-30-2006, 06:07 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_030192023.html

CBS4) DENVER Wide receiver Terrell Owens and his agent spent several hours in Denver Monday with the Denver Broncos to discuss a possible contract. CBS4 captured video of Owens and his agent Drew Rosenhaus catching a flight out of Denver International Airport early Monday evening.

Since the Broncos season came to a close in the AFC Championship game on Jan. 22, there has been much speculation about the troublesome wide receiver and whether he could fit with an organization like the Denver Broncos.

In a news conference on Jan. 24, head coach Mike Shanahan was very careful in choosing his words when questions concerning the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver came up.

Shanahan is prohibited from commenting on Owens because he is still under contract with the Eagles. The receiver was benched and de-activated for the final nine games of the regular season. Eagles officials have given permission to Owens to "shop around" and visit with other NFL teams before he officially becomes a free agent in about 2 months.

The five-time Pro Bowler made national news last preseason during a contract dispute and was sent home from training camp by Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He was dismissed by the team later in the season for conduct that was determined to be detrimental to the team.

Two of CBS4's "Broncos Insiders" recently wrote about Owens' availability in their blogs. Gary Miller said Owens is everything the Broncos abhor, but "(Shanahan) also believes with the help of a very solid veteran core, he can transform 'me' guys into team guys."

Steve Cox (CBS4's executive sports producer) also offered his insight on the Owens situation, saying that while Owens' talents are undeniable, so is his baggage.

After the playoffs loss, many players in the Broncos' locker room shared their thoughts about Owens, and most based their opinions on his numbers. The receiver still managed 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns in just seven games, including a 91-yard score against the Broncos at Invesco Field at Mile High Oct. 30.

Center Tom Nalen said Owens would be an asset because of his skills and could be a good addition to a group already stacked with leadership.

"He's a great player," Nalen said. "Any team would be happy to have him. I think this team, he'd do well here. In this locker room, he'd conform to our standards and I think he'd fit in well here. He's a great player ... I'm not the coach, but I wouldn't mind having him on our team. I think Rod would be great for him. Rod's a great leader and he'd do wonders for T.O."

Linebacker Keith Burns, one of the team's five captains, said Owens would have a "clean slate" if he was brought to Denver.

"His name is going to surface pretty much everywhere," Burns said. "If he's here, you welcome him with open arms. He's never done anything against the Denver Broncos, so I guess (adding him) would be a plus.

"It's all about what he could bring to the team. It's not all about production. It's all about attitude and character, too. So that speaks volumes, and that's the type of guys we have in this locker room. Is he willing to conform to that, to what we do in this locker room? I don't know, it remains to be seen. But, if he comes, he'll be welcomed with open arms."

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Like I told you all, this is TO's last chance. Slap you really aren't going away are you if we sign him?

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:08 PM
ZERO

The Broncos are painfully aware of their annual season hinkey move of the season. They get don't want to pull the trigger too early or get left out. They let Willie Roaf get away. I would not be surprised if they did they same with Terrell no matter what he says.

Roaf wasn't a character concern, his knees were what scared the Broncos off.

Signing Owens could easily turn out to be a much bigger blunder than not trading for Roaf.

listopencil
01-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Eh, put a bunch of STFD and STFU clauses in a two year contract with no bonus. See what happens and send him packing Maurice Clarett style if it doesn't work.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Like I told you all, this is TO's last chance. Slap you really aren't going away are you if we sign him?
No, I'm just going bitch a lot, until my inevitable opportunity to scream, "I told you so!"

Dukes
01-30-2006, 06:15 PM
No, I'm just going b**** a lot, until my inevitable opportunity to scream, "I told you so!"

Well for the sake of the team winning next season, I hope your wrong

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:16 PM
I'll bet Donovan McNabb would get a rueful chuckle out of this thread.

broncos love
01-30-2006, 06:18 PM
No link it was on the Channel 4 sports this evening
Just wondering bud. How do you get Denver's local channels outside their area. And back to the TO debate; As much as I don' like him if he becomes a Bronco I would have to become a fan of this arrogant a-hole. If denver signs him I hope its just for one year because the 2nd year is when he becomes the anti-teammate. I sure hope he makes me wrong and decides to be a diffrent player off the field

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:18 PM

Actually, for the sake of the team just dont sign him. if we want a playmaker get Reggie Wayne and skip the looney toon.

baja
01-30-2006, 06:19 PM
At first I hated the idea of TO coming here. His talent is undeniable but he can destroy a team's chemistry. What has changed my mind is the fact several of the team leaders have publicly stated they would like to see TO in Denver so with that and Shanny's approval I say bring him in. Hell the guys that have to play with him want him that should be good enough for the rest of us.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:19 PM

That's the thing, this could very easily go either way. While some make the case that Owens talent could get this team over the hump (and they're not wrong), the flip side of the coin is equally true. He could easily become a major distraction, divide the locker room and ruin an entire season.

I'm not willing to take that risk personally. I'd rather take our shot with 53 guys devoted to the team, not one individual who's proven time and again that he's all about himself and nothing else.

Dukes
01-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually, for the sake of the team just dont sign him. if we want a playmaker get Reggie Wayne and skip the looney toon.

You honestly think that we can afford him? Let alone the Colts letting him go?

RMT

a rookie in preseason? ... does that count?

Clockwork Orange
At first I hated the idea of TO coming here. His talent is undeniable but he can destroy a team's chemistry. What has changed my mind is the fact several of the team leaders have publicly stated they would like to see TO in Denver so with that and Shanny's approval I say bring him in. Hell the guys that have to play with him want him that should be good enough for the rest of us.

I would honestly like to hear what Rod Smith & Al Wilson have to say about it. We haven't heard anything from either of them on this subject.

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 06:21 PM
Just wondering bud. How do you get Denver's local channels outside their area. And back to the TO debate; As much as I don' like him if he becomes a Bronco I would have to become a fan of this arrogant a-hole. If denver signs him I hope its just for one year because the 2nd year is when he becomes the anti-teammate. I sure hope he makes me wrong and decides to be a diffrent player off the field

My brother who lives in Colorado called me during the sports and read to me verbatum what was being said on TV. Him and I have had this discussion on TO many times so when he seen it was gonna be on, he called me.

Clockwork Orange
a rookie in preseason? ... does that count?

You asked. ;D

Ray Finkle

the only way I cool with deal is if the "roshambo" clause and or the neck slap clause.

"If TO opens his mouth with anything bad about a player/management on camera, Warren gets to neck slap him on camera...

baja
01-30-2006, 06:22 PM
No, I'm just going b**** a lot, until my inevitable opportunity to scream, "I told you so!"

Well that is fair enough I got on you enough about Gold. But if he does come here and does well expect a few I told you so's back at ya OK.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 06:23 PM

Reggie Wayne couldn't tie TO's shoes.

RMT

I agree with you, Baja. The players know much better than we do whether or not TO would last in the Broncos' locker room.

Plus, it's a "buyer's market" for TO now. We'll get a bargain.

-Slap-
Like athletes know what's good for them.

I can't wait to see Nails and Burnsie chiming in after TO's first meltdown. You know what? Those guys won't have anything to say to reporters when that happens. Or they'll stand there with the same stupid look on their faces TO's Eagles teammates had, while they mumble something about hoping everything works out.

B-Love
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I'm all for it. Bring him here. I'm hoping for a Gary Sheffield type turnaround.

Sheffield has turned into a significantly better guy with a model front office and classy clubhouse.

I don't know why; but I just think Shanny could get this guy straight.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I really, really dont like this development. We have the perfect chemistry on this team. We are already well equipped (draft picks and good cap space) to take that next step without introducing this potentially devastating element into the lockerroom.

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM

That won't happen ... TO was one of the "veteran leaders" in Philly. He won't be in Denver. Plus, he knows this is a "do or die" situation for him. If he can't make it in Denver, he won't be getting a better offer anywhere else AND have the chance to win a SB.

Plus, Jake's much more of a competitor and "team player" than McNabb.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Plus, it's a "buyer's market" for TO now. We'll get a bargain.

:spit: This is the part that makes me laugh the loudest. Yeah, TO just can't wait to come to Denver and be a "bargain". He just looooooves when dozens of other WRs make more money than he does.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:26 PM
I really, really dont like this development. We have the perfect chemistry on this team. We are already well equipped (draft picks and good cap space) to take that next step without introducing this potentially devastating element into the lockerroom.

Exactly. We're set to be contenders next year without Owens, why play russian roulette with this guy?

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:26 PM
Reggie Wayne couldn't tie TO's shoes.

Apparently TO cant tie his shoe's either because he is such a headcase.

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
:spit: This is the part that makes me laugh the loudest. Yeah, TO just can't wait to come to Denver and be a "bargain". He just looooooves when dozens of other WRs make more money than he does.

He isn't in a position to bargain right now and will get a "take or leave it" offer that includes incentives. He doesn't have a choice but to be the "consummate professional."

Northman

Where did you come up with that ****?

-Slap-
That won't happen ... TO was one of the "veteran leaders" in Philly. He won't be in Denver. Plus, he knows this is a "do or die" situation for him. If he can't make it in Denver, he won't be getting a better offer anywhere else AND have the chance to win a SB.

The sheer number of inaccuracies in the above post make any response on my part unnecessary.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:29 PM
Where did you come up with that ****?
Don't fight it, dude. Jake is God. He's Elway and Otto Graham, with a dash of Unitas thrown in on the side.

RMT
Exactly. We're set to be contenders next year without Owens, why play russian roulette with this guy?

"Contenders"? ... that's a tad optimistic considering we have a 1st place schedule to deal with as well as a lack of playmakers on offense and a weak pass rush. The only way we become contenders for a SB appearance is if we find a playmaker or two on the offensive side of the ball and a FA/draft pick who can wreck havoc on the DLine.

Clockwork Orange

You're kidding, right?

I love Jake and I'll never question his desire to win, but to try and slag McNabb's competitive spirit is laughable. McNabb is the one who lobbied the Eagles front office to go out and get Owens in the first place. McNabb treated Owens like family and did everything he could to accomodate him.

How did Owens repay him? By publicly badmouthing him. McNabb took the high road and didn't get caught up in the childish antics and continued to play and try to win games. He put the best interests of the team ahead of his own pride in this situation.

baja
01-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I really, really don't like this development. We have the perfect chemistry on this team. We are already well equipped (draft picks and good cap space) to take that next step without introducing this potentially devastating element into the locker room.
That is just it this team has a solid core of leaders that will keep TO in line or make him gone. Plus Shanahan is certainly preceptive enough to observe if TO's antics are hurting the team and will have an escape clause in the contract that will but TO on the street at minimal cost the the Broncos if need be.

RMT
The sheer number of inaccuracies in the above post make any response on my part unnecessary.

Considering how many "responses" you have made (19,000+), it's apparent you can't resist making a response to pad your total either :)

All in good fun, Slap ;)

Bronco_Beerslug
Apparently TO cant tie his shoe's either because he is such a headcase.
I mean it. Wayne has never been a #1 WR. Playing across from one of the greatest in the game has benefited him.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:31 PM
"Contenders"? ... that's a tad optimistic considering we have a 1st place schedule to deal with as well as a lack of playmakers on offense and a weak pass rush. The only way we become contenders for a SB appearance is if we find a playmaker or two on the offensive side of the ball and a FA/draft pick who can wreck havoc on the DLine.

Being a win away from the Super Bowl makes you a contender no matter how much you want to nitpick it.

Having several picks in the coming draft as well as a better cap situation than they've seen in years has them set up pretty well.

But yeah, we need a guy who's been a cancer everywhere he's played. He's gonna change this time.::)

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Wow, 1 hour and 4 pages later, the TO discussion continues....
Is it safe to say that this is a subject near and dear to our hearts?

-Slap-
I could get behind the sheer entertainment value of an organizational train wreck if we weren't so damn close to the top. Getting TO is here will poison the well for the next 5-10 years. It took at least five years to wipe the stink of Dale Carter off the roster. I guess Shanahan misses the smell.

Smilin Assassin
http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_030192023.html

DENVER
Wide receiver Terrell Owens and his agent spent several hours in Denver Monday with the Denver Broncos to discuss a possible contract. CBS4 captured video of Owens and his agent Drew Rosenhaus catching a flight out of Denver International Airport early Monday evening.

Since the Broncos season came to a close in the AFC Championship game on Jan. 22, there has been much speculation about the troublesome wide receiver and whether he could fit with an organization like the Denver Broncos.

In a news conference on Jan. 24, head coach Mike Shanahan was very careful in choosing his words when questions concerning the Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver came up.

Shanahan is prohibited from commenting on Owens because he is still under contract with the Eagles. The receiver was benched and de-activated for the final nine games of the regular season. Eagles officials have given permission to Owens to "shop around" and visit with other NFL teams before he officially becomes a free agent in about 2 months.

The five-time Pro Bowler made national news last preseason during a contract dispute and was sent home from training camp by Eagles head coach Andy Reid. He was dismissed by the team later in the season for conduct that was determined to be detrimental to the team.

Two of CBS4's "Broncos Insiders" recently wrote about Owens' availability in their blogs. Gary Miller said Owens is everything the Broncos abhor, but "(Shanahan) also believes with the help of a very solid veteran core, he can transform 'me' guys into team guys."

Steve Cox (CBS4's executive sports producer) also offered his insight on the Owens situation, saying that while Owens' talents are undeniable, so is his baggage.

After the playoffs loss, many players in the Broncos' locker room shared their thoughts about Owens, and most based their opinions on his numbers. The receiver still managed 47 catches for 763 yards and six touchdowns in just seven games, including a 91-yard score against the Broncos at Invesco Field at Mile High Oct. 30.

Center Tom Nalen said Owens would be an asset because of his skills and could be a good addition to a group already stacked with leadership.

"He's a great player," Nalen said. "Any team would be happy to have him. I think this team, he'd do well here. In this locker room, he'd conform to our standards and I think he'd fit in well here. He's a great player ... I'm not the coach, but I wouldn't mind having him on our team. I think Rod would be great for him. Rod's a great leader and he'd do wonders for T.O."

Linebacker Keith Burns, one of the team's five captains, said Owens would have a "clean slate" if he was brought to Denver.

"His name is going to surface pretty much everywhere," Burns said. "If he's here, you welcome him with open arms. He's never done anything against the Denver Broncos, so I guess (adding him) would be a plus.

"It's all about what he could bring to the team. It's not all about production. It's all about attitude and character, too. So that speaks volumes, and that's the type of guys we have in this locker room. Is he willing to conform to that, to what we do in this locker room? I don't know, it remains to be seen. But, if he comes, he'll be welcomed with open arms."

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 06:33 PM

I think volatile is a much more apt description.

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:34 PM

It sure is and with so many fans on opposite ends of the spectrum, I see this thread making it into double digits before too long.

broncobum6162
I think volatile is a much more apt description.

LOL :rofl:

Northman

We had a difficult schedule this year, you really are selling the rest of the team short. What a lot of people tend to forget is that the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without Owens in the lineup. They were going to get there with or without him anyway. if you want to really get the go to guy, find a much more accurate Qb. i like Jake, but isnt a allstar Qb like everyone makes him out to be. He cant take over a game and make plays when this team needs him too. if the rest of the team struggles you need a Qb to pick up the slack and make plays.

-Slap-
Considering how many "responses" you have made (19,000+), it's apparent you can't resist making a response to pad your total either :)

All in good fun, Slap ;)
Darn, my milestone 19,000th post came on a TO thread. I should find a new thread anyway. I've made my feelings abundantly clear about the topic.

On this thread anyway.....

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
I mean it. Wayne has never been a #1 WR. Playing across from one of the greatest in the game has benefited him.

So in otherwords we should just sign TO to be a decoy for Rod then right? how will that sit with Terrell? not good and you know what happens when he doesnt get his stats padded and cant dance around in the endzone like a dumb****.

broncobum6162
01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
It sure is and with so many fans on opposite ends of the spectrum, I see this thread making it into double digits before too long.

Yup, and w/ a guy like TO......He's sorta like our last 2 presidents.....
you either love em or hate em. No middle ground. Brings out the passion in everybody.

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
I could get behind the sheer entertainment value of an organizational train wreck if we weren't so damn close to the top. Getting TO is here will poison the well for the next 5-10 years. It took at least five years to wipe the stink of Dale Carter off the roster. I guess Shanahan misses the smell.

I say lets start a petition to keep that flavor clown from coming here. keep sending Shanny hatemail if he signs that dickwad.

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:37 PM
We had a difficult schedule this year, you really are selling the rest of the team short. What a lot of people tend to forget is that the Eagles made it to the Super Bowl without Owens in the lineup. They were going to get there with or without him anyway. if you want to really get the go to guy, find a much more accurate Qb. i like Jake, but isnt a allstar Qb like everyone makes him out to be. He cant take over a game and make plays when this team needs him too. if the rest of the team struggles you need a Qb to pick up the slack and make plays.

You're right. Jake can't carry the team. He's efficient but no "difference maker" ... If we can surround him with a playmaker or two on offense, we'll be in good shape this fall.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:38 PM
I say lets start a petition to keep that flavor clown from coming here. keep sending Shanny hatemail if he signs that dillwad.
The little Irishman keeps his own counsel. Our opinions mean caca.

DB-Freak
01-30-2006, 06:39 PM
I say lets start a petition to keep that flavor clown from coming here. keep sending Shanny hatemail if he signs that dillwad.

LOL @ hatemail

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 06:40 PM
That is just it this team has a solid core of leaders that will keep TO in line or make him gone. Plus Shanahan is certainly preceptive enough to observe if TO's antics are hurting the team and will have an escape clause in the contract that will but TO on the street at minimal cost the the Broncos if need be.

Nah baja i just dont want any part of it. We are already there, we dont need any high-risk high-reward moves. The Eagles presumably had these veterans as well, McNabb, Hugh Douglas etc. that didnt seem to do anything. We have some fine people in the lockerroom that set the tone, but in order to accept your argument, we would have to believe the Broncos have such a powerful and controlling positive lockerroom element, it far exceeds anything the 49ers and Eagles had and I just cant buy that. Everyone has strong leaders who provide positive benefits for their team, obviously some teams have more of that than others but I dont think there is a huge difference between ours and other teams. This is just going to be a disaster. While I love Plummer, he is probably going to be the least accurate passer TO has ever had should we acquire him. This just has disaster all over it. TO has went off the deep end at the very smallest of things, the tinyest percieved "faults" of his QBs. Imagine if he gets laid out by Jake a few times because of bad throws ala The Putz. This just is asking for a huge disaster. Plummer and TO are probably the worst combination I could ever think of. And I dont want TO being a bad influence on Ashley or Watts or any of our other young players on that side of the ball.

Regarding the whole "if he ****s up, he is out" thing, yeah that might be true, but the effects in the lockerroom could haunt us for the rest of the season. And what if TO is being an ass, but is super productive. You really think Shanny is just going to cut him loose when he is winning hm ballgames?

wolf754life
01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Rod Smith is lethal in the slot, Lelie is great vs Single cover! The putz can run around unabaited, Terrell takes the safety out of the box vs the run, he changes everything for our offense, now, lynch, wilson, jake, rod, and CHAMP have to have a come to jesus meeting with him, and if and only if he signs on is he welcome, I personally think T.O. learned a great deal by not having football in his life the last 4 months, whoever gets him gets a motivated and sharp T.O. This is classic Shanny move and you know Bowlen has given his blessing either way! How exciting for the Broncos!

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:41 PM
You're right. Jake can't carry the team. He's efficient but no "difference maker" ... If we can surround him with a playmaker or two on offense, we'll be in good shape this fall.

Offense wont make the difference. why you ask? cause Jake cant make good reads, he cant get the ball to the receiver. if you are asking Jake to become Trent Dilfer than you need to strengthen the defense to a level of a Bears, Bucs, or 00 Ravens. then, you can go to the dance without worrying about how Jake performs. simply plugging in a new wideout will do nothing because jake cant reach his targets.

DarkHorse
01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
We're not changing our offensive philosophy so what's the big deal about TO?

Think we're going to start throwing so much that he gets the 80+ catches that he needs to keep his God damn mouth shut? Not gonna happen and would be a freaking MESS if he gets anywhere near our current system. It's not designed for people like him. Our O requires team players - guys that aren't interested soley in stats or glamour - the ball simply does not get passed out to any one person.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 06:42 PM

uggggggg?....man please..who you foolin'..

you know you're excited about it...

Willynowei
01-30-2006, 06:44 PM
All i can see are all the prime time games this team is gonna get :)

For those of you who thought the Denver always got underated.... prepare for one of the most overhyped seasons in bronco history...

TheDave
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Can T.O. Block?

orange crusher
The big difference between TO in Philly and in Denver IMO is that Philly gave him a huge signing bonus and couldn't afford to cut him loose last year. I would hope there isn't any large signing bonuses if we trade for him and give him a new contract. Load it with incentives, but stay away from the guaranteed money. I really hated the thought of TO in Denver when all the talk started but I'm starting to warm up to it. He still scares me but the boost he COULD give this offense is hard to ignore.

Dudeskey

True, but it wasn't a screen...:P

Northman
Can T.O. Block?

Not in TO's vocabulary.

Dudeskey
01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Can T.O. Block?
with his size he'd better be able to block

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
The big difference between TO in Philly and in Denver IMO is that Philly gave him a huge signing bonus and couldn't afford to cut him loose last year. I would hope there isn't any large signing bonuses if we trade for him and give him a new contract. Load it with incentives, but stay away from the guaranteed money. I really hated the thought of TO in Denver when all the talk started but I'm starting to warm up to it. He still scares me but the boost he COULD give this offense is hard to ignore.

The fact that three of the team leaders were receptive to it says a lot about how they feel he'd fit in and whether or not it's worth the risk. The "risk-reward" with TO is great - in either direction.

DarkHorse
01-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh his ego has plenty of size - that's why he won't block.

loborugger
01-30-2006, 06:48 PM
NO NO NO NO!!!!

Send this selfish flava clown somewhere else. Let them be the laughing stock when sometime between the end of 06 and the middle of the 07 season, he melts down and takes the team with him.

Dukes
01-30-2006, 06:49 PM
All i can see are all the prime time games this team is gonna get :)

For those of you who thought the Denver always got underated.... prepare for one of the most overhyped seasons in bronco history...

Good point. Guess Shanny just likes to give the media something to talk about during the offseason

Northman
01-30-2006, 06:49 PM
The fact that three of the team leaders were receptive to it says a lot about how they feel he'd fit in and whether or not it's worth the risk. The "risk-reward" with TO is great - in either direction.

Nah, they were just depressed after the loss to the Steelers. had we made the Super Bowl they wouldnt even be thinking about someone like TO. besides, according to most on here the problem was defense not offense.

RMT
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
One thing's for certain ... IF TO comes to Denver, fans will not be patient with him.

baja
01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Nah baja i just dont want any part of it. We are already there, we dont need any high-risk high-reward moves. The Eagles presumably had these veterans as well, McNabb, Hugh Douglas etc. that didnt seem to do anything. We have some fine people in the lockerroom that set the tone, but in order to accept your argument, we would have to believe the Broncos have such a powerful and controlling positive lockerroom element, it far exceeds anything the 49ers and Eagles had and I just cant buy that. Everyone has strong leaders who provide positive benefits for their team, obviously some teams have more of that than others but I dont think there is a huge difference between ours and other teams. This is just going to be a disaster. <b>While I love Plummer, he is probably going to be the least accurate passer TO has ever had should we acquire him. This just has disaster all over it. TO has went off the deep end at the very smallest of things, the tinyest percieved "faults" of his QBs.</b> Imagine if he gets laid out by Jake a few times because of bad throws ala The Putz. This just is asking for a huge disaster. Plummer and TO are probably the worst combination I could ever think of. And I dont want TO being a bad influence on Ashley or Watts or any of our other young players on that side of the ball.

Regarding the whole "if he ****s up, he is out" thing, yeah that might be true, but the effects in the lockerroom could haunt us for the rest of the season. And what if TO is being an ass, but is super productive. You really think Shanny is just going to cut him loose when he is winning hm ballgames?

At first thought I was concerned about this as well but going in TO has to know Plummer's limitations in that area and may see Denver as a bad fit because of it.... Or he may want a chance to prove to the world he can be a team player, good guy and all that good stuff and not to mention want a ring before he hangs it up.

Sassy
01-30-2006, 06:54 PM
YES...!!!

Northman
At first thought I was concerned about this as well but going in TO has to know Plummer's limitations in that area and may see Denver as a bad fit because of it.... Or he may want a chance to prove to the world he can be a team player, good guy and all that good stuff and not to mention want a ring before he hangs it up.

Ill tell you what, all that crap he pulled in SF while Rice was there is coming to haunt him now. If he retires without a ring he will have accomplished nothing with that gas he talks. wherever he ends up it is his last hoorah cause time is running out on him.

SoCalBronco

He doesnt give a **** about rings, he only cares about himself.

baja
01-30-2006, 06:57 PM

You are dead wrong on this point, they all care about the "Ring", team players and ego manics alike.

broncos-rock
01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I think shanny is salavating over T.O and he will get him the ball. I can see the end arounds and reverses. Its awesome if they can make it happen.:wiggle:

jbiel
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
i dont even know why some of you are bitching about TO, he hasnt even become part of the broncos yet, and who knows if he will. You cant say that he couldnt help this team. Sure I would be a little worried, if he didnt get his catches, but jake threw the ball well this year, so i think he would get his share. TO runs a great quick slant pattern and jake throws that pass well. Problem is we dont have any receiver that will catch that pass and break a tackle taking it to the house, TO has done that many times in his career. We already have one of the best running games in football, TO would only make it better. You can't tell me teams don't play us to stop the run. They do that with Smith, Lelie, and TO on the field, there are going to be some big plays to be had.

Quit crying though, nothing has been completed. I would rather have him than him go to any other team in the AFC West.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
Lets give this Terrell http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1998/nov/11-02-98/photos/wtzfbcterrellcatch103198.gif a chance.

OrangeShadow
01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
here we go again....

baja
01-30-2006, 07:00 PM
And Watts could come alive too........

TheDave
01-30-2006, 07:01 PM
And Watts could come alive too........

Don't get me started on that!

baja
This is going to be one of the more fun off seasons in a while..

SoCalBronco
You are dead wrong on this point, they all care about the "Ring", team players and ego manics alike.

He only cared about getting the ring in the respect that he wanted to miraculously get back in time to save the Eagles in the Super Bowl so that his personal story of recovery from the injury and risking everything could become historic. It was all self promotion, self-aggrandizement. He wanted it to become a historic story about the greatness of TO the individual, that was the primary motivation, the fact that the Eagles would win it all was secondary.

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
i dont even know why some of you are b****ing about TO, he hasnt even become part of the broncos yet, and who knows if he will. You cant say that he couldnt help this team. Sure I would be a little worried, if he didnt get his catches, but jake threw the ball well this year, so i think he would get his share. TO runs a great quick slant pattern and jake throws that pass well. Problem is we dont have any receiver that will catch that pass and break a tackle taking it to the house, TO has done that many times in his career. We already have one of the best running games in football, TO would only make it better. You can't tell me teams don't play us to stop the run. They do that with Smith, Lelie, and TO on the field, there are going to be some big plays to be had.

Quit crying though, nothing has been completed. I would rather have him than him go to any other team in the AFC West.

No one is crying, we just dont want him here.

baja
01-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe Q will re-emerge

baja
01-30-2006, 07:03 PM
He only cared about getting the ring in the respect that he wanted to miraculously get back in time to save the Eagles in the Super Bowl so that his personal story of recovery from the injury and risking everything could become historic. It was all self promotion, self-aggrandizement. He wanted it to become a historic story about the greatness of TO the individual, that was the primary motivation, the fact that the Eagles would win it all was secondary.

Regardless he wants a ring every NFL player covets a ring, every single one

baja
01-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Can T.O. Block?

This is actually the bigest question of all in my book.

Elway 4 Life
01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Yes. He's not a rod smith as far as blocking but he's a better blocker than anyone else we have at that position.

Ray Finkle
01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
where is Wabbit when you need him?

Sassy
01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Did he meet with Rod yet? ;D

broncos love
01-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok im really excited now . Just being a die hard broncos fan for 19 years of my life Im starting to warm up to this proposition. Just keep TO from running is his mouth and If he does cut his ass due to violation of the contract that Shanny should make him sign if he comes to Denver.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 07:11 PM

bring him in.
do it.

jake

rep

Mogulseeker
01-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I'll shoot myself if we sign that Assclown

Well maybe not, but I will not be very happy.

watermock
01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
1 year with a zillion incentives...Rod isn't a spring chicken but is still productive...Lelie is hot and cold...Watts wound up inactive. TO will have something to prove. It's playing with the devil, but could you imagine if Jake had Vernon Davis and TO ?

If I were comfortable with our recieving group I say hell no...no TO...I won't go..(pulls out he vietnam chant)

If diaper boy acts up, he just gets the boot. We take him out for Ice Cream and throw him to the curb.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/?page_id=3

Go to Childs play. Hysterical.

Bang is a friend (I think, he's interacted with me on a primitive level), and inspiringly non PC.

There is a new cartoon, Welcome to Detroit that's pretty damn good...That takes non PC to a new level. But I will let Bang introduce it. It's up tho.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:25 PM

Uh, I'm pretty sure he does indeed care about getting one of those.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Uh, I'm pretty sure he does indeed care about getting one of those.
Obviously not very much. He was in prime position to get one with Philly and he pissed it all away.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:27 PM

TO is a good blocker! Move Rod to #3 and we suddenly have a feared passing attack since TO is all too familiar with the West Coast type offense.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Obviously not very much. He was in prime position to get one with Philly and he pissed it all away.

Not the way I see it. He gave everything he had in that game and then some. In fact, McNabb was the one who gave up in that game not TO.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Not the way I see it. He gave everything he had in that game and then some. In fact, McNabb was the one who gave up in that game not TO.
Ah, so getting himself thrown off a team that had been to four straight NFC Championship Games was a stroke of genius in your book. You're a man of mystery, Sluggo.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
ESPN's article on the visit

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312714

Nothing major except there (obviously) appears to be interest from both sides, and the Eagles probably aren't going to be able to trade him because no one will want to give up anything.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:33 PM
Ah, so getting himself thrown off a team that had been to four straight NFC Championship Games was a stroke of genius in your book. You're a man of mystery, Sluggo.

No, he sh*t in his bed after that game. Just calling it the way I seen it.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
TO is a good blocker! Move Rod to #3 and we suddenly have a feared passing attack since TO is all too familiar with the West Coast type offense.
Yeah, lets bench Rod Smith for Terrell Owens. I'm fairly certain that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back regarding Shanahan's eternal soul.

Arkie
01-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Please keep in mind that TO will never change. He still has some value, but he will always be insecure. He will always need to speak out or act up on the field. He will always complain if he isn't recognized and praised. He will try to separate himself from the team. He will try to build himself up by putting down his teammates. These are all pretty much given. Maybe Shanahan believes he can handle all that baggage and use TO's talents to win. TO is an amazing athlete with a mental condition. It's a big risk/reward challenge to say the least.

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2006, 07:36 PM
YESSSSSSSSS!

Bring TO here!

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:36 PM
No, he sh*t in his bed after that game. Just calling it the way I seen it.
No, you're just making excuses for TO's behavior. Get used to the routine.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm just happy that Shanny is already taking a proactive approach this offseason. Usually takes him until mid-Feb for anything to start happening. Denver's had on-going negotiations with Warren for months, already contacted Nalen's agent about a new deal, and now have brought TO in.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Yeah, lets bench Rod Smith for Terrell Owens. I'm fairly certain that would be the straw that breaks the camel's back regarding Shanahan's eternal soul.

Have to move him to 3 if we sign TO just the way it works out. You have to admit Rod is getting pretty long in the tooth but would make a great 3rd down possession receiver.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Have to move him to 3 if we sign TO just the way it works out. You have to admit Rod is getting pretty long in the tooth but would make a great 3rd down possession receiver.
Yeah, lets bench Rod Smith and give his job to Terrell Owens.

The symbolism regarding the direction of the franchise is too irresistible.

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:41 PM

Rod isnt that much older than TO man and thats just flat out disrespecting your HOF receiver. Might as well paint a sign on his back saying " sorry dude, your times up here old man ". pitiful if you think thats the way it should go down here.

Bob's your Information Minister
01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
This frightens me, as a Chiefs fan.

Wouldn't TO spell the end of Lelie in Denver?

OBF1
01-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I am still all for ANY upgrade we can get for our team. TO is alot more than that, He is the best at postition in the NFL.... why all the crying.

Dave, go change your depends now!

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
Its going to happen. I knew it ****ing would. To the people that think a clause is going to stop him, why not put in the 3 straight months of him being on sports center crying about his contract. It can't and won't stop him. We have to trade for Ricky Williams now. Either this will really work or its going to NUKE the team. I don't want to see us struggle and only get a top 15 pick out of it. Oh I want the number one pick.

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:44 PM
I am still all for ANY upgrade we can get for our team. TO is alot more than that, He is the best at postition in the NFL.... why all the crying.

Dave, go change your depends now!

Upgrade? the Eagles didnt even make the playoffs this year cause of that so-called upgrade.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM

Bob we are picking up TO because we don't have a third WR, so why would we dump one of our best we have now?

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 07:45 PM

Why? They don't use him effectively now and it's not like brining TO in would change anything.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 07:46 PM

I certainly hope not. Id be crushed if that happened.

I think the age issues alone would prevent that. Rod is like 35 and TO is 33, they cant afford to get rid of Ash.

watermock
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
As much as it makes me want to vomit, we have to at least dance with the devil on this one.

It's not TO's game skills, it's his social skills and agent. If I'm TO and want to play in Denver, I leave Dr. Drew at home.

Picture this in your Madden 2007...Rod, Lelie,TO and V. Davis at TE/WR. Throw in a claw to the soup.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Rod isnt that much older than TO man and thats just flat out disrespecting your HOF receiver. Might as well paint a sign on his back saying " sorry dude, your times up here old man ". pitiful if you think thats the way it should go down here.

This game is brutal. Play the best players for the most plays if you want to win. So if TO signs we have two WR's that can take it all the way on any play plus a big play guy (TO) over the middle.

Anyone notice this year that we didn't have much of a passing game? Anyone here think that we don't need a #1 WR?

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
As much as it makes me want to vomit, we have to at least dance with the devil on this one.

It's not TO's game skills, it's his social skills and agent. If I'm TO and want to play in Denver, I leave Dr. Drew at home.

Picture this in your Madden 2007...Rod, Lelie,TO and V. Davis at TE/WR. Throw in a claw to the soup.

meh, i smoke madden now with the group we have. ;D

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 07:49 PM
This game is brutal. Play the best players for the most plays if you want to win. So if TO signs we have two WR's that can take all the way on any play plus a big play guy (TO) over the middle.

Anyone notice this year that we didn't have much of a passing game? Anyone here think that we don't need a #1 WR?
Well, if anything was wrong with the passing game, it had to be the wideouts, offensive line, coaching staff, or the defense's fault.

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
This game is brutal. Play the best players for the most plays if you want to win. So if TO signs we have two WR's that can take all the way on any play plus a big play guy (TO) over the middle.

The reason for that was because Shanny wanted to keep the Ints down. Jake had a hell of a season last year but finished with 20 picks.

watermock
01-30-2006, 07:50 PM
TO is a whore. Can we just rent him by the hour?

Arkie
01-30-2006, 07:52 PM
TO is a whore. Can we just rent him by the hour?

It would be cool if we could just rent him for a 4th quarter comeback.

watermock
167 posts and it's going like the Energizer Bunny on lithium and dual processors

Northman
Well, if anything was wrong with the passing game, it had to be the wideouts, offensive line, coaching staff, or the defense's fault.

very true, Jake Elway needs more help. cant have jake scrambling all day for 80 yds and throwing INTs to open defenders. oooops.

elsid13
01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Let play this out before we get overly excited on this. The shark was probably trying to set up a bidding war over TO. For all we know TO showed up at Dove Vally, and Shanahan said WTF are you doing here?

ChampBailey24
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
didnt know if this was posted just thought i would show it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2312714

In the wake of defeat in the AFC championship game, Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan spoke with purposeful vagueness last week about his team's potential to perhaps take on a high-profile player with a problematic past.

Owens
On Monday, Shanahan essentially attached an identity to the unnamed veteran player -- Terrell Owens.

ESPN.com has confirmed that Shanahan met with Owens, the exiled Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver, and agent Drew Rosenhaus in Denver. The meeting might be the first step in an effort to acquire Owens, who is still under contract to the Eagles.

It also might amount to nothing at all. But sources said there appears to be some degree of mutual interest, even if the meeting was generally viewed as just a get-acquainted session.

Beyond confirming the meeting, Rosenhaus declined to comment.

The consensus around the league has been that, since most teams believe the Eagles will release Owens before they must pay him bonuses totaling $7.5 million in March, the trade market for him would be blunted. Eagles coach Andy Reid insisted during Senior Bowl all-star game practices last week, though, that several teams had indicated an interest in having trade talks.

Eagles officials early this month granted Rosenhaus permission to seek possible trade partners. Philadelphia's obvious hope is to get something in return before they are forced, for contractual reasons, to release the talented but troublesome Owens. It is not known what kind of market price the Eagles would attach to Owens if Philadelphia finds a franchise willing to enter into substantive trade discussions.

Asked about Owens last week during his season-ending news conference, Shanahan did not mention him by name. But he pointed out that, with such a veteran team, the Broncos might have the ability to bring in a veteran player who had not fit in well with other teams. The consensus was that Shanahan was talking about Owens.

"If somebody handles himself the right way they could come into the organization, but they're going to have to live by the standards we practice," Shanahan said.

Some veterans, most notably center Tom Nalen, told The Denver Post they could see a scenario in which Owens could be absorbed into the Broncos locker room.

"If it would work anywhere, I think it would work here because of the guys in the locker room," Nalen said. "Guys would keep him straight ... I think he'd conform. He'd fit in here. He'd fit into any offense. He's a great player."

Denver's offense statistically ranked No. 5 overall in the league in 2005 but was just 18th in passing. Eleven-year veteran receiver Rod Smith had another strong season, but he will be 36 in May and could use some support. The other starter, Ashley Lelie, has great potential but continues to be inconsistent. Most league observers believe the Broncos need to further strengthen the offense in 2006.

His off-field actions aside, Owens is still regarded as a premier playmaker, one who would draw interest from a core group of 5-6 teams if he is released. Rosenhaus has been able to orchestrate trades under difficult circumstances in the past, but finding a franchise that is inclined to surrender even a low-round draft choice for Owens was seen as maybe expecting too much. Clearly, though, the Broncos have some degree of interest.

The Eagles could, of course, arrange a trade on their own. But given Owens' contract status, and the likelihood any new franchise acquiring him would probably need him to rework his existing deal, his cooperation would be necessary.

Owens, 32, has five seasons remaining on the seven-year, $49 million contract he signed with Philadelphia after the Eagles acquired him in a three-team trade in 2004. He is due two roster bonuses totaling $7.5 million in March, one a payment of $5 million on March 5 and a second payment of $2.5 million later in the month.

Certainly, with what transpired during the past season, Owens cannot return to the Eagles and teams interested in him will use that knowledge to their advantage.

The 10-year veteran was suspended twice last season, once during summer training camp for a week, then at midseason. He appeared in a career-low seven games and caught 47 passes for 763 yards and six touchdowns.

In November, arbitrator Richard Bloch upheld the Eagles' right to suspend Owens four games for conduct detrimental to the team, and to place him on the inactive list every week after that for the balance of the season. The inseason suspension cost Owens $764,705 of his scheduled $3.25 million base salary for 2005.

The Eagles are also trying to recover $1.725 million, a prorated share of the $8.5 million signing bonus Owens received in 2004. The NFL Players' Association has filed a grievance on his behalf in that case. It is not known when that grievance will be heard.

In 10 seasons, Owens, who began his NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers as a third-round pick in the 1996 draft, has 716 receptions for 10,535 yards and 101 touchdowns. He has appeared in 142 games, 128 of them as a starter, and has been chosen for the Pro Bowl five times.

Senior writer Len Pasquarelli covers the NFL for ESPN.com.

Northman
01-30-2006, 07:54 PM
Let play this out before we get overly excited on this. The shark was probably trying to set up a bidding war over TO. For all we know TO showed up at Dove Vally, and Shanahan said WTF are you doing here?

God i hope so.

Sideburn
01-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I believe my first reaction to reading this thread was

FFFFFFFFFVVVVVVVVVVVVCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!11!!! 11

01-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I certainly hope not. Id be crushed if that happened.

I think the age issues alone would prevent that. Rod is like 35 and TO is 33, they cant afford to get rid of Ash.

Mmm good point. But Ashley would be demoted to #3 for sure.

elsid13
01-30-2006, 08:00 PM
Does this strike anyone else as odd, Shanahan is usually very quite on what he doing until he strike, all of sudden TO shows up in Denver and is "luckily" caught by TV crew leaving. It just very strange, not business as normal for the front office.

Dagmar
01-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Potentially brilliant, potential disaster. One year deal and we don't win the SB, hopefully not too much damage is done.

TO and Rod lining up in the opening day of the season would definitely be interesting. Our media rep will be awful, but no change there. F the be media.

Rigs11
What's the big freaking deal? Sign him to a one year contract and see what happens.

DBroncos4life
Only thing I like is the belief that he will come cheap. If we did land him and we do trade for Ricky, and both of them come here for less then a Mill a year then we have something to work with. We would be able to resign our guys and we might even be able to make a strong push for a guy like Abarham

watermock
01-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Not when there was a 5 hour interview. He could of kicked them back on a plane before they left the airport. If shanny didn't think we were just a few players short, he wouldn't even bat an eye.

We were all but at the Dance...we just laid an egg. it's a very good team, we were not dominant. We were not the 85 bears decimating the enemy. Jake played clean and we won the 2-3 point games we usually found a way to lose.

We were about 7 points from 9-7. Or two points from 14-2. I'm not over this. Home Field at the AFC Championship and we lay an egg. WTF.

We have cried, but not whined, and I'm proud of the board for not making up excuses. We were simply not a dominant team. Good, almost great, but not dominant or without flaws. It's just so decimating when you have everything fall into your lap on divisional playoffs and then let it slip away.

Sideburn
01-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Does this strike anyone else as odd, Shanahan is usually very quite on what he doing until he strike, all of sudden TO shows up in Denver and is "luckily" caught by TV crew leaving. It just very strange, not business as normal for the front office.
Rosenwhore probably tipped off the local stations.

elsid13
01-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Rosenwhore probably tipped off the local stations.

Going back to my idea that Rosenhouse is attempting to start a bidding war. That what his job is. He trying to get TO the most money he can.

Jerry Curl
I'm pumped for this, i hope it happens!

Rulon Velvet Jones
The team that TO signs with will be under the microscope for the 2006 season, no matter who it is. For some of those teams, it could be a turn from mediocrity. For those on the cusp, it will be perceived as the move that could put them over the top.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:07 PM

That's a good point. It did sorta catch me offguard how inviting Shanny seems to be on this thing. He usually loves the cloak and dagger, hide the ball type of stuff.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 08:08 PM
wow 38 people in this tread. Its like a game day :giggle:

elsid13
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Wonder who called and set up the meeting? Where Wabbit sign when need it.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 08:09 PM
That's a good point. It did sorta catch me offguard how inviting Shanny seems to be on this thing. He usually loves the cloak and dagger, hide the ball type of stuff.
Well when you bring in the most hated man in sports, voted by the fans in just about every mag, sport site, and cat fancy. People will notice him.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Not when there was a 5 hour interview. He could of kicked them back on a plane before they left the airport. If shanny didn't think we were just a few players short, he wouldn't even bat an eye.

We were all but at the Dance...we just laid an egg. it's a very good team, we were not dominant. We were not the 85 bears decimating the enemy. Jake played clean and we won the 2-3 point games we usually found a way to lose.

We were about 7 points from 9-7. Or two points from 14-2. I'm not over this. Home Field at the AFC Championship and we lay an egg. WTF.

We have cried, but not whined, and I'm proud of the board for not making up excuses. We were simply not a dominant team. Good, almost great, but not dominant or without flaws.<b> It's just so decimating when you have everything fall into your lap on divisional playoffs and then let it slip away.</b>

That was the hard part to swallow.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Well when you bring in the most hated man in sports, voted by the fans in just about every mag, sport site, and cat fancy. People will notice him.

Than the story may be written that Terrell comes to Denver and plays like a madman to prove the world wrong ala Warren....

ICON
01-30-2006, 08:16 PM
TO is not the answer !!!! NEXT YEAR IS.

All 4 one and one for all !!!! Go BRONCO'S

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:lokyLrL--J_txM:www.fcpotawatomi.com/aug_15_02/just_say_no.gif

baja
01-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I'm pumped for this, i hope it happens!

I can't believe how stupid you are for saying that.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Than the story may be written that Terrell comes to Denver and plays like a madman to prove the world wrong ala Warren....

Warren was no boy scout, but he didn't have a history of being even a fraction as destructive as Owens. He also cost a whole hell of a lot less against the cap than Owens will.

TexanBob
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I would only accept Owens if he were made an honorary offensive lineman so he is not allowed to talk to the media.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
I would only accept Owens if he were made an honorary offensive lineman so he is not allowed to talk to the media.

L O L

TexanBob
01-30-2006, 08:20 PM

No, I don't think so. Warren sucked on sucky teams. His "something to prove" was entirely different than Owens. T.O. would have to prove that he can be a good teammate and shut his yap when it needs to be shut. On the field, he has nothing to prove.

Jori
01-30-2006, 08:21 PM
So I guess the Broncos are drafting Marcus Vick in April.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:22 PM

Or let Captain Howdy have an hour alone with him.

http://www.deesnider.com/CMS/images/stories/strangeland/strangeland-cover-250.jpg

baja
No, I don't think so. Warren sucked on sucky teams. His "something to prove" was entirely different than Owens. T.O. would have to prove that he can be a good teammate and shut his yap when it needs to be shut. On the field, he has nothing to prove.

granted his something to prove is different than Warren's case but he well could have something to prove, that he really is not a dick head after all and can be a team player.

All the neg press has got to be wearing on him..

Sarcastro

I am going to have to disagree on this. TO has already proved he is nothing more then a cancer, but teams are still interested in him. He is just too talented and there will always be the Denvers of the world that are willing to take a chance on a cancer if he is talented enough. NFL HCs are some of the most egotistical men in the world, and Shanny puts most of the other HCs to shame in that category. Of course he thinks he can handle TO.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:24 PM
This is pretty stupid. TO has already proved he is nothing more then a cancer, but teams are still interested in him. He is just too talented and there will always be the Denvers of the world that are willing to take a chance on a cancer if he is talented enough. NFL HCs are some of the most egotistical men in the world, and Shanny puts most of the other HCs to shame in that category. Of course he thinks he can handle TO.

Much like Carl Peterson who's selling the idea that the Chefs are going to the Super Bowl with a coach who's never had a record better than 10-6 in a season. Egotistical indeed.

01-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Much like Carl Peterson who's selling the idea that the Chefs are going to the Super Bowl with a coach who's never had a record better than 10-6 in a season. Egotistical indeed.

Master of Deflection!

Sarcastro

Lets try to stay on topic Clockwork.

broncohaven
I'm surprised that there are people who don't think TO in Denver is a foregone conclusion. I'm not saying I totally agree with it, but I have no doubt he's going to end up here. Shanahan is nothing if not an opportunist, and seeing the best player in the game at the position where you need the most help out there for the taking is too much for Shanahan to pass up.

That's like expecting a hungry lion not to pounce on a one legged bleeting gazelle. We are in need of a receiver, the best player in the game at that position is TO. His next contract won't be anything close to what the #1 player at any given position is getting, and there's no way Shanahan is going to sit idly by and watch him land somewhere else. We might as well start getting used to the idea so by the time camp rolls around we can all be hoping for the best.

And yes he may blow his top again, but this team won't blow up like Philly did and his contract will be structured to protect our money. Would anyone cry if he came in caught 100 passes for 1200 yards with 20 TDs and kept his mouth shut? Have we considered that possibility?

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:28 PM
So I guess the Broncos are drafting Marcus Vick in April.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/7559/marcus1sg.jpg

JCMElway
01-30-2006, 08:28 PM
I can't believe how stupid you are for saying that.

People should be allowed their opinions without being called "stupid." Is signing TO dangerous? It could be. However, if his behaviour is legislated in the contract, ala Sauerbrun, I think the chances of success are high. If he behaves himeslf, great. If not we kick him to the curb without banking a huge amount of cap space for the deal. I say it's a win/win situation, either way. We take our shot and see what happens.

BTW, I think you would have to be "stupid" to not be at least a bit excited thinking what TO could do for the Broncs, even for only a short time.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Master of Deflection!
Don't you need to run over back home and start a thread about how the Broncos might sign TO and how the Chiefs would never do anything like that.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:29 PM
Lets try to stay on topic Clockwork.

Sure thing. Since we're talking about players of low character, wanna count how many are under the Chefs employ? Your boys aren't even waiting until the official offseason to start getting arrested.

That aside, the thought of Owens going up against your secondary twice a year makes me laugh a bit.....but not enough to want him on the team.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Master of Deflection!

And you know you're jealous as all get out that the Chefs aren't pursuing the cancer known as Terrell Owens, meatpeeker.

Though you never know, he might use you guys to drive his price up elsewhere as others before him have done.

TexanBob
Of course he thinks he can handle TO.

He thought he could handle Maurice Clarett and Dale Carter too.

Don't you need to run over back home and start a thread about how the Broncos might sign TO and how the Chiefs would never do anything like that.
I already started one. Although the subject is different. I do not want TO in Denver.

Man-Goblin

Not a bad idea actually....who is to say you can't write a gag clause into whatever contract TO plays under next year.

Sure, he's insane. But you have to keep him away from the story whoring media. They only try to bait him into causing a controversy (Hey TO, would you guys be undefeated with Brett Farve as QB???? Freakin ESPN).

The guy is nuts, and eventually TO is going to go TO on a team...

....that being said, the guy is a freak on the field. Sign him up!!!

JCMElway
01-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Who does, who doesn't?

01-30-2006, 08:33 PM
And you know you're jealous as all get out that the Chefs aren't pursuing the cancer known as Terrell Owens, meatpeeker.
We don't need T.O. If he wasn't 33 I would be interested.

TexanBob
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
What do you bet the "price" for getting T.O. will be one of our first rounder?

Sarcastro
01-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm surprised that there are people who don't think TO in Denver is a foregone conclusion. I'm not saying I totally agree with it, but I have no doubt he's going to end up here. Shanahan is nothing if not an opportunist, and seeing the best player in the game at the position where you need the most help out there for the taking is too much for Shanahan to pass up.

That's like expecting a hungry lion not to pounce on a one legged bleeting gazelle. We are in need of a receiver, the best player in the game at that position is TO. His next contract won't be anything close to what the #1 player at any given position is getting, and there's no way Shanahan is going to sit idly by and watch him land somewhere else. We might as well start getting used to the idea so by the time camp rolls around we can all be hoping for the best.

And yes he may blow his top again, but this team won't blow up like Philly did and his contract will be structured to protect our money. Would anyone cry if he came in caught 100 passes for 1200 yards with 20 TDs and kept his mouth shut? Have we considered that possibility?

I think it is a foregone conclusion that coming to play for Denver will definately make TO act in a manner that he has never shown himself capable of acting.
Hell, he will have obviously learned his lesson. He was a cancer at SF and got shipped off. When him and his agent ****ed up while trying to get traded to the team he wanted to join he just whined to the NFL, and got to go to his choice destination, Philadelphia, anyways.

Now after reverting to his old self and turning on his "best friend" McNabb like a rabid jackel he is probably just going to get traded to Denver where he will still be a #1 Superstar WR on a good team. After all he has done, hell, BECAUSE of all he has done, he will still gets tons of face time with the national media. He will definately settle down after all that.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
People should be allowed their opinions without being called "stupid." Is signing TO dangerous? It could be. However, if his behaviour is legislated in the contract, ala Sauerbrun, I think the chances of success are high. If he behaves himeslf, great. If not we kick him to the curb without banking a huge amount of cap space for the deal. I say it's a win/win situation, either way. We take our shot and see what happens.

BTW, I think you would have to be "stupid" to not be at least a bit excited thinking what TO could do for the Broncs, even for only a short time.

Private joke friend you had to have been there.....

SoCalBronco

There wont be a trade. He is set to become a FA in March since Philly wont pay him the 7 million option bonus. This is just a sort of initial negotiation in preparation for FA. No one will give the Eagles anything of value since they know he is certain to be released.

Clockwork Orange

It would be something to see who would be the first to start whining about not getting the ball enough between Diaper Boy, Gonzales and Owens.

Sarcastro
Sure thing. Since we're talking about players of low character, wanna count how many are under the Chefs employ? Your boys aren't even waiting until the official offseason to start getting arrested.

That aside, the thought of Owens going up against your secondary twice a year makes me laugh a bit.....but not enough to want him on the team.

Oh Clockwork, when will you won't to try to deflect the topic onto insulting the Chiefs? You card.

hades
01-30-2006, 08:37 PM
I do. 1 year deal, then we'll see if he is worth bringing back.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
He would fit right in with the other 30 plus guys then.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Oh Clockwork, when will you won't to try to deflect the topic onto insulting the Chiefs? You card.

And you'll always try to keep the focus somewhere other than your own painfully mediocre squad. I just enjoy reminding you of it, that's all.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I think it is a foregone conclusion that coming to play for Denver will definately make TO act in a manner that he has never shown himself capable of acting.
Hell, he will have obviously learned his lesson. He was a cancer at SF and got shipped off. When him and his agent ****ed up while trying to get traded to the team he wanted to join he just whined to the NFL, and got to go to his choice destination, Philadelphia, anyways.

Now after reverting to his old self and turning on his "best friend" McNabb like a rabid jackel he is probably just going to get traded to Denver where he will still be a #1 Superstar WR on a good team while he still gets tons of face time with the national media. He will definately settle down after all that.

Only a small minority of homers on this board are saying anything like this. Nice way to paint all the fans with a broad brush. A seeming majority agrees with your take. Instead of using this as a way to laugh at Bronco fans using your inaccurate preconcieved notions, it might be better to actually read people's opinions.

Sarcastro
And you'll always try to keep the focus somewhere other than your own painfully mediocre squad. I just enjoy reminding you of it, that's all.

This is a Broncos board Clockwork. I know you love discussing the Chiefs, but maybe you should head over to Chiefsplanet or Chiefscoalition if you want to discuss them. We here at the mane like to discuss BRONCOS football.

Clockwork Orange
You should have made it a public poll.

Either way, no and hell no.

Taco John
01-30-2006, 08:40 PM

If Jake coughs up four balls in a playoff game again, it won't matter what TO says about him...

baja

<b>BTW, I think you would have to be "stupid" to not be at least a bit excited thinking what TO could do for the Broncs, even for only a short time.</b>

Clearly you don't read the longer more challenging posts.

I'm for the acquiring of TO

watermock
http://www.onmission.com/atf/cf/%7B6767E79D-6E1B-4602-98D7-FFF47EE72523%7D/zipper_mouth_sm.jpg

"The Final Solution..."

Florida_Bronco
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
4-4 when I voted

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:41 PM
This is a Broncos board Clockwork. I know you love discussing the Chiefs, but maybe you should head over to Chiefsplanet or Chiefscoalition if you want to discuss them. We here at the mane like to discuss BRONCOS football.

Actually, I love laughing at the Chefs expense, no better place to do that then here.

As for the Broncos, discuss away.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
The TO meeting is everywhere now....

ESPN,FOX,and all other major sites..

Fox reports different than other sites...Fox says Shanny wasn't present for visit while other sites say he was....

In any event...I'm excited...one good thing about the offseason is the hope of adding talent...

As for some of you who are skeptical...you're right to be..as am I...

but you have to admit that deep down a part of you is excited about the possibility of this guy coming to denver.....

RhymesayersDU
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
I voted yes, it'll be pretty split down the middle I'm sure of it. Maybe 60-40 one way or the other..

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I still say he lands in Dallas and I'm hoping beyond hope that that's not just wishful thinking.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:43 PM
i voted yes....7-4 in favor of owens at this point

yerner
01-30-2006, 08:44 PM
I'll take the best wide out in the game on this team next year. Its not like Terror Owens is commiting crimes. He just has wanted to be a real free agent for a few years now. Remember all that drama in the trade to Baltimore. Its the business aspect that he's hated so much, not the football aspect. You get him happy off the field and the guys as good a reciever that theres ever been. Yeah, I think he's that good. Then again I would probably run over my foot to win a superbowl because this last week has been horrible.

cheers

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 08:44 PM

Then they'd be like the Skins who think Ramsey has trade value

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 08:45 PM
i voted yes....7-4 in favor of owens at this point
7-6 after I voted

Man-Goblin
The TO meeting is everywhere now....

ESPN,FOX,and all other major sites..

Fox reports different than other sites...Fox says Shanny wasn't present for visit while other sites say he was....

In any event...I'm excited...one good thing about the offseason is the hope of adding talent...

As for some of you who are skeptical...you're right to be..as am I...

but you have to admit that deep down a part of you is excited about the possibility of this guy coming to denver.....

If Shanny wasn't there, then who the hell was?

Hercules Rockefeller
Yes

watermock
Well, It's on...http://mag.awn.com/issue10.05/10.05images/besen02_southPark_isGay-2.jpg

230 posts and no end in sight. We are as yappy as T.O. !

This has the potential to make 10,000 posts by the end of the year.

This is like cats and dogs....LABF vs. Bush...Reagan vs. the Evil Empire...Hillary vs. the World

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Absolutely!

It would be something to see who would be the first to start whining about not getting the ball enough between Diaper Boy, Gonzales and Owens.

And you wish you had an offensive playmaker as dynamic as any of those guys.

Clockwork Orange
I'll take the best wide out in the game on this team next year. Its not like Terror Owens is commiting crimes. He just has wanted to be a real free agent for a few years now. Remember all that drama in the trade to Baltimore. Its the business aspect that he's hated so much, not the football aspect. You get him happy off the field and the guys as good a reciever that theres ever been. Yeah, I think he's that good. Then again I would probably run over my foot to win a superbowl because this last week has been horrible.

cheers

Just over a year ago he made it clear to anyone who'd listen that he wanted, more than anything, to be a Phildelphia Eagle. He and McNabb were like the best of friends and all was well....until he remembered that he's Terrell Owens and that he's not happy unless he has something to bitch about.

He'll never be happy no matter what. He could nail Angelina Jolie & Vida Guerra at the same time and he'd complain afterwards that his pecker was wet. It never ends with this clown and it never will.

SoCalBronco
If Shanny wasn't there, then who the hell was?

Your sig line rules.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
I still say he lands in Dallas and I'm hoping beyond hope that that's not just wishful thinking.

if it is then that means you're saying owens gets cut....

cuz there is no way philly trades TO to dallas to play twice a year

in fact that may be more motivation for philly to trade to us because they know dallas may pick him up otherwise...

then philly would see him twice a year...

on the other hand they just played us this season so they don't play us for another 4 years...

we are their best option of completely cleaning their hands of TO

let's do it

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:47 PM
And you wish you had an offensive playmaker as dynamic as any of those guys.

And you wish your team had been to an AFC Championship game in your lifetime.

Wish in one hand.....

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
if it is then that means you're saying owens gets cut....

cuz there is no way philly trades TO to dallas to play twice a year

in fact that may be more motivation for philly to trade to us because they know dallas may pick him up otherwise...

then philly would see him twice a year...

on the other hand they just played us this season so they don't play us for another 4 years...

we are their best option of completely cleaning their hands of TO

let's do it

Mark my words, no one is going to trade for Terrell Owens. No one is going to give up anything to get a guy who'll be cut in just over a month.

01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
And you wish your team had been to an AFC Championship game in your lifetime.

Wish in one hand.....

I was alive in 1993.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:49 PM
I was alive in 1993.

Could have fooled me. ;D

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
He could nail Angelina Jolie & Vida Guerra at the same time and he'd complain afterwards that his pecker was wet.

That pretty much sums it up better than anything else.

Rep.