PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh, Terrel Owens in Denver...all thing TO merged

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:50 PM
If Shanny wasn't there, then who the hell was?

beats me...they said denver broncos representatives...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520

January 30 2006

Denver sources have told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl wide receiver and his agent Drew Rosenhaus went to Denver on Monday to meet with Broncos officials at the house of coach Mike Shanahan. Now, Shanahan wasn't present at the meeting, but others in the organization met privately with Owens.
Owens and his agent have been given permission to seek a trade out of Philadelphia. And teams such as Denver, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Miami have been linked to his services.

Owens' days in Philadelphia have been anything but quiet, as he's publicly questioned quarterback Donovan McNabb's ability to run a team and has clashed with head coach Andy Reid.

The Eagles dismissed Owens from the team in early November after the controversial wideout got into a fight with former teammate Hugh Douglas inside the team's practice facility.

Owens apologized to the team two days after the incident in a memorable press conference outside of his New Jersey home, but he was not invited back for the rest of the season.

If Owens does not get traded by the beginning of March, the Eagles will release him. And it is expected that any team that signs him will pay him well, but any deal will be contingent upon him being a perfect soldier.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
yes and I vote to change this to a public poll hell all poles should automatically be public

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Shanahan hosts get-acquainted meeting with T.O.
ESPN.com has confirmed that Shanahan met with Owens, the exiled Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver, and agent Drew Rosenhaus in Denver. The meeting might be the first step in an effort to acquire Owens, who is still under contract to the Eagles.
http://tinyurl.com/cttps

Don't listen to anything FOX Sports says.

Kaylore
01-30-2006, 08:52 PM
http://daily206.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/depends.jpg

Man-Goblin
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
beats me...they said denver broncos representatives...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520

January 30 2006

Denver sources have told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl wide receiver and his agent Drew Rosenhaus went to Denver on Monday to meet with Broncos officials at the house of coach Mike Shanahan. Now, Shanahan wasn't present at the meeting, but others in the organization met privately with Owens.
Owens and his agent have been given permission to seek a trade out of Philadelphia. And teams such as Denver, Dallas, Tampa Bay and Miami have been linked to his services.

Owens' days in Philadelphia have been anything but quiet, as he's publicly questioned quarterback Donovan McNabb's ability to run a team and has clashed with head coach Andy Reid.

The Eagles dismissed Owens from the team in early November after the controversial wideout got into a fight with former teammate Hugh Douglas inside the team's practice facility.

Owens apologized to the team two days after the incident in a memorable press conference outside of his New Jersey home, but he was not invited back for the rest of the season.

If Owens does not get traded by the beginning of March, the Eagles will release him. And it is expected that any team that signs him will pay him well, but any deal will be contingent upon him being a perfect soldier.

Ha, did Shanny have something better to do today? What a weird story....

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 08:53 PM
According to all the local reports, Shanahan was at the meeting with Owens and Rosenholdout.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
Mark my words, no one is going to trade for Terrell Owens. No one is going to give up anything to get a guy who'll be cut in just over a month.

it is possible in a sign and trade scenario...

if all sides (eagles/drew/TO/broncos) work out a deal to resign TO to maybe a salary of 3.5 mil (instead of 7.5 mil) and backload the deal for say the next 2 years after....then guess what..we may have a deal as long as denver throws in a mid round pick...

this could happen and would be great...we'd be getting TO at a value price and only giving up a mid round pick....

let's do it

jbiel
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
Dennis Rodman-biggest self centered jerk playing for the Spurs and didnt care about anything but himself and his party life. Probably the worst the NBA has ever seen at that time.

Signs with the Bulls who had great leadership, kept it cool and was a major factor in the Bull winning 3 more championships. Ended his career with many fans on his side after noone wanted anything to do with him before the Bulls picked him up.

Not saying TO will do the same, but you have to give him a chance, if he signs with the orange and blue he's a bronco and all you haters will just have to deal. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a fan of anyone who puts that jersey on.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 08:55 PM
There'd be no reason to bring a guy in and not have the HC there. That's just shoddy reporting.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 08:57 PM

if all sides (eagles/drew/TO/broncos) work out a deal to resign TO to maybe a salary of 3.5 mil (instead of 7.5 mil) and backload the deal for say the next 2 years after....then guess what..we may have a deal as long as denver throws in a mid round pick...

this could happen and would be great...we'd be getting TO at a value price and only giving up a mid round pick....

let's do it

No. Denver and TO can meet and feel each other out with the Eagles permission, but it is absolutely tampering to discuss a new contract with someone who is not on your team. That is why no one will trade for him, they can't risk taking on that contract and then having Owens balk at re-doing it.

Gcver2ver3
Ha, did Shanny have something better to do today? What a weird story....

i agree...

i don't believe it...

as i said before....all other sites say shanny was present

RMT
This frightens me, as a Chiefs fan.

Wouldn't TO spell the end of Lelie in Denver?

No, it would return the 3-WR set to the Broncos' offense.

Man-Goblin
There'd be no reason to bring a guy in and not have the HC there. That's just shoddy reporting.

....or the VP of Operations....

Kaylore
The TO meeting is everywhere now....

ESPN,FOX,and all other major sites..

Fox reports different than other sites...Fox says Shanny wasn't present for visit while other sites say he was....

In any event...I'm excited...one good thing about the offseason is the hope of adding talent...

As for some of you who are skeptical...you're right to be..as am I...

but you have to admit that deep down a part of you is excited about the possibility of this guy coming to denver.....
Sums up my feelings. My brain says "cancer" but my heart says touchdown.

watermock
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister
I was alive in 1993.

Bob has risen from his "vacation"....Bob, your not actually alive...your just a bad dream seen by all.

RMT
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
This game is brutal. Play the best players for the most plays if you want to win. So if TO signs we have two WR's that can take it all the way on any play plus a big play guy (TO) over the middle.

Anyone notice this year that we didn't have much of a passing game? Anyone here think that we don't need a #1 WR?

We didn't have a WR who could take over a game. Of course, Jake wasn't able to do that on his own either, but when you have a limited assortment of weapons, it makes the QBs job more difficult.

baja
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Bob has risen from his "vacation"....Bob, your not actually alive...your just a bad dream seen by all.

Bob Who?

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Dennis Rodman-biggest self centered jerk playing for the Spurs and didnt care about anything but himself and his party life. Probably the worst the NBA has ever seen at that time.

Signs with the Bulls who had great leadership, kept it cool and was a major factor in the Bull winning 3 more championships. Ended his career with many fans on his side after noone wanted anything to do with him before the Bulls picked him up.

Not saying TO will do the same, but you have to give him a chance, if he signs with the orange and blue he's a bronco and all you haters will just have to deal. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a fan of anyone who puts that jersey on.

great post...

rodman is a terrific analogy...

the only reason the rodman risk worked was because of all the leadership already established on the team...

sound familiar?

let's do it

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
Mmm good point. But Ashley would be demoted to #3 for sure.

Which might not be a bad thing. As Lelie gets closer to being a FA, he'll be under even greater pressure to perform. Bringing in TO would only make Lelie work harder to earn his keep. Nothing like competition to bring out the best in players, eh?

Ray Finkle
01-30-2006, 09:00 PM
great post...

rodman is a terrific analogy...

the only reason the rodman risk worked was because of all the leadership already established on the team...

sound familiar?

let's do it

the only caveat is that Rodman was a champion before he made it to Chicago (Pistons twice) TO has never been a winner....

BroncoSoja
01-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I actually hope so. Give him a strict contract where if he F's up he is gone. He can catch the dang ball, we need that!

Yeah he sure can.. Probably is we have a turd back there at QB that chokes in big games (at Dallas, at KC, NE, PITT) for example and tosses the ball to the wrong colored jerseys.

RMT
Going back to my idea that Rosenhouse is attempting to start a bidding war. That what his job is. He trying to get TO the most money he can.

But does TO really want to play for a loser instead of a contender?

Sgt Sauce
we will just have to have a weekly news conference to let him know how important he is to us, so he'll continue to feel loved!!

This will do wonders for our running game.. is see Tatum Bell getting a lot more 40+ yard runs

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
No. Denver and TO can meet and feel each other out with the Eagles permission, but it is absolutely tampering to discuss a new contract with someone who is not on your team. That is why no one will trade for him, they can't risk taking on that contract and then having Owens balk at re-doing it.

you are in a dream world if you believe tampering doesn't take place like everyday....

tampering is often reported but too tough to prove...

don't worry about all of that....

but anyway...it's not tampering anyway...TO has been given permission to actively seek a trade and trades almost always involve contract discussions....

tampering is if the other team has a problem with it....we're allright

Sassy
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
No.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
the only caveat is that Rodman was a champion before he made it to Chicago (Pistons twice) TO has never been a winner....

The Bulls also had a track record of winning titles before Rodman entered the picture. Rodman's arrival coincided with Jordan's first full season back from Birmingham.

If Owens is the Dennis Rodman, who's the Michael Jordan of the Broncos? Rodman was expected to basically play a role on those Bulls teams (defense & rebounding), Owens will be brought in to be a lot more than a role player. He's going to be expected to be the Michael Jordan of the Broncos offense and that's tough to do when you're criticizing teammates, coaches and the franchise.

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
We don't need T.O. If he wasn't 33 I would be interested.

He doesn't play like he's 33, though.

BroncoSoja

Neither was Corey Dillion and I remeber when he was rumered to be thinking about Denver before he choose NE and people on this site lost there minds and post like "we dont want that loser" were all over this board...

Yeah he was a loser all right... Just goes to show you people on this site really dont have a clue what being a competative athelete is all about.. Maybe they should ask World champion Rasheed "Im a bad seed" Wallace or Mr. Corey "He is a loser" Dillion.

Gcver2ver3

:~ohyah!:

good one....same here....

Man-Goblin
01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
we will just have to have a weekly news conference to let him know how important he is to us, so he'll continue to feel loved!!

This will do wonders for our running game.. is see Tatum Bell getting a lot more 40+ yard runs

Is he a good blocker? I mean he's big as hell, but does he work at it? Never even hear about this aspect of his game, and it's a HUGE part of being a receiver in the Broncos offense, but anyways....

100 posts! eat my dust people! i want a new contract.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 09:05 PM
you are in a dream world if you believe tampering doesn't take place like everyday....

Sorry, you can continue to think that Denver is going to discuss contract figures with TO, but it's just not going to happen. What if Denver comes to the table with an offer that TO absolutely hates and he goes public with it? Denver loses draft picks. Teams are not going to risk a trade falling through and have the player turn around and say the money that was being offered wasn't good enough, when that team was not allowed to discuss money in the first place.

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
If Jake coughs up four balls in a playoff game again, it won't matter what TO says about him...

If the Broncos had a WR like TO, Jake wouldn't be have to force so many bad throws. The Broncos might actually have a BIG lead to work with.

DBroncos4life
I hope Adams doesn't give him 81.

JCMElway
yes and I vote to change this to a public poll hell all poles should automatically be public

I don't know how I can do that. Is that something a mod can do, can I do it, or does the poll have to be reposted with that option?

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:07 PM
Just over a year ago he made it clear to anyone who'd listen that he wanted, more than anything, to be a Phildelphia Eagle. He and McNabb were like the best of friends and all was well....until he remembered that he's Terrell Owens and that he's not happy unless he has something to b**** about.

He'll never be happy no matter what. He could nail Angelina Jolie & Vida Guerra at the same time and he'd complain afterwards that his pecker was wet. It never ends with this clown and it never will.

Winning has a tendency to cure MOST (not all) ills.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 09:08 PM
but anyway...it's not tampering anyway...TO has been given permission to actively seek a trade and trades almost always involve contract discussions....

Yes it is tampering. You cannot discuss a contract with a player who is currently under contract with another team. The only exceptions are tendered RFAs, and guys with franchise or transition tags. TO is none of those. Denver can see if they think TO would be a good fit on this team and if he'd contain himself, and discuss what compensation they would have to give the Eagles in return for his services. They cannot discuss a new contract with him. This is why Denver couldn't trade Griese after the '03 season, because no one would take on his contract from Denver, and this is why Portis did not start contract negotiations with the Skins until after he had been traded for Bailey.

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Man...

Having Owens isn't gonna change the fact that Arizona Plummer isn't the QB you need to get your team over the top. Didn't throw many picks during the season, but when it got right down to it? Yep, totally knew he'd **** the bed.

TO is gonna destroy your lockeroom, too. If he did it to the hunky dory gay bunch in philly, well...I'd hate to see what he'll do in Denver...

jbiel
Yeah he sure can.. Probably is we have a turd back there at QB that chokes in big games (at Dallas, at KC, NE, PITT) for example and tosses the ball to the wrong colored jerseys.

What part of Plummer finishing #2 in interception to pass attempts thrown do you not understand? Get off the Plummer kick!!

DBroncos4life
Cancer is IHOP, Carter, Boston, etc... Those guys don't destroy teams like Owens does.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Winning has a tendency to cure MOST (not all) ills.

Funny, the Owens/Eagles ills started right after they had just made a trip to the Super Bowl. Had he kept his trap shut, the Eagles would likely be the favorite to be there year after year as the representative of a fairly weak NFC.

Terrell Owens doesn't care about winning, he cares about Terrell Owens.

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 09:10 PM
The Bulls also had a track record of winning titles before Rodman entered the picture. Rodman's arrival coincided with Jordan's first full season back from Birmingham.

If Owens is the Dennis Rodman, who's the Michael Jordan of the Broncos? Rodman was expected to basically play a role on those Bulls teams (defense & rebounding), Owens will be brought in to be a lot more than a role player. He's going to be expected to be the Michael Jordan of the Broncos offense and that's tough to do when you're criticizing teammates, coaches and the franchise.

you guys are looking too closely into the comparison...

the guy made a good analogy...TO is a great talent with poor attitude..so was rodman..

bulls were a winning team with leadership that was just a step from getting over the hump...so are the broncos...

that is comparison enough....

asking who plays role of MJ and bringing up rodman's championships in detroit is irrelevant...too much detail.... over analyzing....

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:11 PM
I hope Adams doesn't give him 81.

If we acquire TO, I dont think Charlie is going to have much of a choice.

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:11 PM

let's do it

and not having to compete with the open FA market.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Not if he wants to come to training camp next year.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 09:12 PM
lies, Adams is a star. Just like every other player we bring in that has a good camp. ;D

Sassy
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
you guys are looking too closely into the comparison...

the guy made a good analogy...TO is a great talent with poor attitude..so was rodman..

bulls were a winning team with leadership that was just a step from getting over the hump...so are the broncos...

that is comparison enough....

asking who plays role of MJ and bringing up rodman's championships in detroit is irrelevant...too much detail.... over analyzing....
Interesting...Phil Jackson could handle Rodman as could his teammates...Maybe the same could be said for Shanahan and crew handling TO...I hated Rodman too...but I liked watching him play. (Of course, I did want Stockton to get a ring one of those years...like Elway did so I cheered against him when he played The Jazz ;D )

I don't want TO on this team though!

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Man...

Having Owens isn't gonna change the fact that Arizona Plummer isn't the QB you need to get your team over the top. Didn't throw many picks during the season, but when it got right down to it? Yep, totally knew he'd **** the bed.

TO is gonna destroy your lockeroom, too. If he did it to the hunky dory gay bunch in philly, well...I'd hate to see what he'll do in Denver...

Arizona Plummer totally (and unfairly) discounts Jake's improvement during his time in Denver. He's had to UNLEARN 6 years worth of bad habits. That change doesn't happen overnight. He broke Elway's yards passing for a season record in 2004.

I remember Elway's first home playoff game ... 13-3 Denver loses to the 9-7 Steelers', 24-17, on an Elway INT that was returned to the Denver 2 yard line. That was the difference in the game ...

Gcver2ver3
01-30-2006, 09:14 PM
and not having to compete with the open FA market.

very true...that is a reason from broncos perspective to get this thing done now

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
lies, Adams is a star. Just like every other player we bring in that has a good camp. ;D

Muneer Moore, Kasper and Madise are all going to the Pro Bowl.;D

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:15 PM
very true...that is a reason from broncos perspective to get this thing done now

as long as TO is willing to renegotiate to a cap-friendly salary.

watermock
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
39 people on this thread. Man the Shark must of hypnotized TO into retardation.

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Nothing like an active TO thread to pad the "posts" stats :)

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:17 PM
39 people on this thread.

that almost matches the number of posts I've made here ;)

i4jelway7
01-30-2006, 09:19 PM
personally I'd rather see the Broncos bring in Moulds, but if they do bring in TO ... I won't be hating... the only person TO can hurt in Denver is TO, the team will not be divided by him or his antics... and if he acts up Shanny will pull his card and send him home.. I would like to hear what Rod has to say about all this

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:22 PM
personally I'd rather see the Broncos bring in Moulds, but if they do bring in TO ... I won't be hating... the only person TO can hurt in Denver is TO, the team will not be divided by him or his antics... and if he acts up Shanny will pull his card and send him home..

Shanahan wouldn't pursue TO if he didn't feel the "risk-reward" was reasonable. Bringing in TO would strengthen the WR corp, allow the Broncos to go all defense in the 1st round instead of WR (unless they got a steal late in the round), and bolster the offense. The offense didn't have much personality this year. The don't have much of a swagger - yet :)

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:23 PM
I'll bet TO would play for the veteran minimum just to be a Bronco. After all, nobody in the NFL would give him another chance if he blows it here.

Right?

Rulon Velvet Jones
01-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Chiefs fans are somewhat scared of the prospect, but most seem to think he's a POS and will ruin the team. That is, until they heard Clayton mention their team as a potential suitor - then it's a good deal.

ROYC75
Nice........ If you think Jake is bad now, wait till TO has had time to jumble up that pea brain he has.

Bet the farm and pay the big bucks Rat.......TO needs you.

Somewhere Jake is getting drunk and putting in applications thinking about TO.

Natedog24
18 Yes Votes and 11 No Votes now...

ROYC75
01-30-2006, 09:25 PM
Chiefs fans are somewhat scared of the prospect, but most seem to think he's a POS and will ruin the team. That is, until they heard Clayton mention their team as a potential suitor - then it's a good deal.

Huh, no way, Carl Peterson is doing nothing more than driving up the market, which will be low due to TO behavior.:thumbs:

Raider Bill
01-30-2006, 09:26 PM
I'll bet TO would play for the veteran minimum just to be a Bronco. After all, nobody in the NFL would give him another chance if he blows it here.

Right?

You're kidding right Hilarious!

Raider Bill
01-30-2006, 09:27 PM

So were the Eagles. Owens' problems have nothing to do with winning. It's all about getting paid.

Boogerboots
01-30-2006, 09:27 PM
If Owens does decide to implode again we'll still have Lelie and Rod to handle the load. Philly only had FredEx and Pinkston so Owens thought he could call the shots. But not in Denver. So I say bring him in.

Maybe we could work in a doggie shock collar in his contract in case he does try to open his trap?? ???

Bob's your Information Minister
01-30-2006, 09:28 PM
I'd like to see T.O. wear #18. To show up Moss.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Huh, no way, Carl Peterson is doing nothing more than driving up the market, which will be low due to TO behavior.:thumbs:
Odds are Owens is using KC to drive up his price, just like many players have over the last 3 years.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:29 PM
You're kidding right Hilarious!
No. TO wants to prove to everybody that he can be a good teammate. Nothing means more to him than winning a Ring. He knows this is his last chance.

Now, let me talk to you about timeshares.

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
So were the Eagles. Owens' problems have nothing to do with winning. It's all about getting paid.

perhaps, but TO must also realize that because of his previous behavior issues, he will NOT be getting paid much longer if his tantrums continue. Denver would be one of the best places for him to resurrect, or even finish, his career.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd like to see T.O. wear #18. To show up Moss.

But if that happened, Randy might feel "disrespected" and might actually have a huge year.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Unlike some other WRs TO gives 110% when he's on the field for the entire game.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
perhaps, but TO must also realize that because of his previous behavior issues, he will NOT be getting paid much longer if his tantrums continue. Denver would be one of the best places for him to resurrect, or even finish, his career.

Thats what we said about MoC (I admit i was dead wrong there) and thats what EGirl fan said when they acquired TO.

JCMElway
01-30-2006, 09:32 PM
Wow, 23-11. Looks like the board is turning to the dark side....

(Cue Imperial March theme)

NFLBRONCO
Why not try TO but, the only thing I think is funny Shanny hated Portis and his antics and now he wants TO?????????

RMT
Unlike some other WRs TO gives 110% when he's on the field for the entire game.

That's right; the ones who don't give 110% end up in Oakland.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Man I bet the Eagles wished they would have tried these "behavior clauses" to keep Owens in check. If they did things would have worked out so well for them ::)

i4jelway7
01-30-2006, 09:33 PM
No. TO wants to prove to everybody that he can be a good teammate. Nothing means more to him than winning a Ring. He knows this is his last chance.
Now, let me talk to you about timeshares.

awesome AV Slap... TO would like a ring but his ego tells him he needs to be the highest paid WR in the game to validate him as the best WR in the game

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Why not try TO but, the only thing I think is funny Shanny hated Portis and his antics and now he wants TO?????????

The Broncos had serviceable RBs behind Portis. They don't have that at WR. Plus, because of TO's past indiscretions, he comes a lot cheaper than Portis who wanted big $$$. In return the Broncos got Bailey and a pick. That's called a "coup."

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I would sooner ride bareback in a West Africa whorehouse.

01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
I'll be pissed if the Chiefs piss away their money on T.O.

Williams to Sanders
Arizona Plummer totally (and unfairly) discounts Jake's improvement during his time in Denver. He's had to UNLEARN 6 years worth of bad habits. That change doesn't happen overnight. He broke Elway's yards passing for a season record in 2004.

I remember Elway's first home playoff game ... 13-3 Denver loses to the 9-7 Steelers', 24-17, on an Elway INT that was returned to the Denver 2 yard line. That was the difference in the game ...

True, he has to unlearn that and he did a great job this year, now the key for him is to learn how to do it under pressure, when the season is on the line. Elway learned, but I think Elway had way more talent and smarts.

I hate Plummer, the media loves to love this guy for some damn reason. Even though I'm a Redskins fan, to be fair, I hated him when he was in
Arizona. The media has had a boner for this guy ever since he set foot in the league for some reason, despite the fact that until this year he was an interception machine.

As far as TO goes...well, I'm a Redskins fan, I don't like the Broncos...but I'd hate to see someone of his caliber tear apart a good football team that i DO respect, such as yours. I'd like to see this guy permanently exiled from the NFL.

RMT
Thats what we said about MoC (I admit i was dead wrong there) and thats what EGirl fan said when they acquired TO.

MoC was a virtual unknown. He hadn't played the game in two years and NEVER at the NFL level. TO has proven himself both on and off the field - in both good and bad ways. At least we know he can compete at this level.

Raider Bill
"Dont stop Believing..... Hold on to that special feeling"

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 09:36 PM
True, he has to unlearn that and he did a great job this year, now the key for him is to learn how to do it under pressure, when the season is on the line. Elway learned, but I think Elway had way more talent and smarts.

I hate Plummer, the media loves to love this guy for some damn reason. Even though I'm a Redskins fan, to be fair, I hated him when he was in
Arizona. The media has had a boner for this guy ever since he set foot in the league for some reason, despite the fact that until this year he was an interception machine.

As far as TO goes...well, I'm a Redskins fan, I don't like the Broncos...but I'd hate to see someone of his caliber tear apart a good football team that i DO respect, such as yours. I'd like to see this guy permanently exiled from the NFL.
What media are you talking about???

-Slap-
awesome AV Slap... TO would like a ring but his ego tells him he needs to be the highest paid WR in the game to validate him as the best WR in the game
That post was 100% sarcasm. I don't want anything to do with TO.

RMT

What about Sean Taylor?

Raider Bill
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
, because of TO's past indiscretions, he comes a lot cheaper than Portis who wanted big $$$.

TO would have been due an 8 million dollar roster bonus this season (or somethig like that). He aint going anywhere cheap.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:37 PM

If by "media" you mean no one, than I agree.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 09:38 PM
O please let us get TO. It could be one of those things that we could pay for in the end, but ever since the whole TO debacle in Philly went down i truly believe that whatever team he plays for next year will get not only a good boy, but a great player with something to prove, and thas dangerous!!

Just like Khan said, " My brain says no, but heart says touchdown" Ha!

-Slap-
Back in the old days, a no good prick like TO would have been quietly blackballed. Al Davis screwed that up for everybody.

Al Wilson
sorry my friend, but there's no "ugghhh" from me.

in fact, i'd throw a frigging party.

up until that last game i mightve agreed with you, but watching us in 2 receiver sets when we're down 3 scores made me desperately want another solid target at wideout.

listening to a bunch of dumb fvcks blame plummer after the fact REALLY makes me want to get another target for him.

it would only be one year, but fact is, if we sign owens you'd have to like our chances to win it all.
jake has been fantastic with smith and lelie as his ONLY viable threats as wideouts (our 3rd and 4th wr's were amongst the worst. i like charlie, but he's no #3).
what do you suppose he could do with owens out there too?

he'd be friggin LETHAL. thats what he'd be.
we would be near unstoppable on offense (and we've already been top 5 since jake arrived), and our defense should be largely intact with further development from our young corners.

it would be one year with owens, but it could well be a superbowl year, so im all for it.
we have leaders on this team. TRUE leaders, and lots of them.
rod, jake, mike, wilson, pryce, lynch, bailey, and burns collectively is as good a leadership group as one could hope to have.
theyll keep owens under wraps long enough for us to win.

bring him in.
do it.

jake
Your post is money. I'm with ya all the way ever since I started visiting here.

Jake Plummer is an awesome QB, and should never be blamed. Our third WR is Charlie Adams (good guy, but cmon he aint a true 3).

T.O. would make us lethal.

i4jelway7
01-30-2006, 09:39 PM

dude do you even watch football or read the papers??? the media fvckin hates Plummer and rides his ass WAY 2 MUCH

HAT
01-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Its so damn funny. Why would anybody with a brain believe TO won't come here, have eight great games, and then start b****ing about his contract?

I almost hope it happens just to witness the frigging implosion.

If this has been answered somewhere between pages 1 and 12, I apologize.

That being said.......TO is a second year cancer. I'm down for a year. Then again, I have been called brainless.

d:-)

RMT
01-30-2006, 09:40 PM

How much $$$ would you need to make that trip?

Bronco_Beerslug
01-30-2006, 09:42 PM

TO will have 4 great years here in Denver and go in the HOF as a Bronco. :strong:

ludo21
01-30-2006, 09:43 PM
Yes, please.

26-13 in favor of TO.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
How much $$$ would you need to make that trip?
TO's bargain rate signing bonus should cover it.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
TO will have 4 great years here in Denver and go in the HOF as a Bronco. :strong:
Huffing gasoline will kill you, Slug.

Raider Bill
01-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I doubt anyone trades for him. He's due either a 5 million or 7.5 million dollar roster bonus March 1st (Ive seen it reported both ways) so the team obtaining him would be on the hook for that amount right from jump.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I gave Clarett a fair chance because he was a young kid who'd made some bad decisions and was costing the Broncos next to nothing against the cap. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd possibly matured a bit, he hadn't and he's gone.

Owens is a 33 year old man who's been a prick with ears his entire career. Anyone who honestly believes that he's going to change once he signs a contract with the Broncos is drinking the kool aid. Yeah, they can get rid of him if he f's up, but at what cost? I mean in terms of distraction, disruption and salary cap.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 09:47 PM
I doubt anyone trades for him. He's due either a 5 million or 7.5 million dollar roster bonus March 1st (Ive seen it reported both ways) so the team obtaining him would be on the hook for that amount right from jump.

Shanny will find a way to get him for little money, if not, then he prob wont be coming here.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:48 PM
No ****ing way.

DomCasual
Riiiight, because Carl has a reputation of being so, you know, shrewd.

He has basically had the rest of the league on puppet strings the last decade or two. It just hasn't translated into Super Bowl victories (or playoff victories) yet. :rofl:

Williams to Sanders
The media only recently has started to get on Plummers case after he **** the bed for you in the playoffs.

Before this season he was always picked by a writer or two to have a BREAKOUT MVP Year. Correct me if I'm wrong but a big time national writer this year like Peter King, Dr. Z, Pastabelly or one of the others picked him as an MVP.

Halfway through the season people on espn were talking about him like an MVP candidate.

In Arizona there were always articles about him wondering when he'd have his breakout year.

You guys are just pissed at him for his perfomormance in the last game and understandably so.

And what about Sean Taylor?

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:49 PM
What kind of signing bonus do you think he's going to want in a new contract?

My favorite part of this thread is the people who believe we're going to sign him cheaply and he's going to be happy being paid less than other wide receivers in the League.

PT Barnum severly underestimated the birth rate in this country.

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2006, 09:49 PM
We all know TO its no secret. It is likely he will pull his act again and have him only for 1 year. I think we desperately need a playmaker on offense and I don't see a TO in 06 draft. This is the reason I love this idea adding TO for 06.

-Slap-
01-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Shanny will find a way to get him for little money, if not, then he prob wont be coming here.
Why would he be happy for little money? Because Mike Shanahan is such a cool guy?

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:50 PM
The media only recently has started to get on Plummers case after he **** the bed for you in the playoffs.

Before this season he was always picked by a writer or two to have a BREAKOUT MVP Year. Correct me if I'm wrong but a big time national writer this year like Peter King, Dr. Z, Pastabelly or one of the others picked him as an MVP.

Halfway through the season people on espn were talking about him like an MVP candidate.

In Arizona there were always articles about him wondering when he'd have his breakout year.

You guys are just pissed at him for his perfomormance in the last game and understandably so.

And what about Sean Taylor?

Peter King has liked him for awhile, prolly cause he is a Shanny homer.

Pastabelly has always hated him. Saying Pastabelly pimped Plummer is like saying Nunyo Demasio is the best Redskins press guy in the history of the Washington Post.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 09:51 PM
My favorite part of this thread is the people who believe we're going to sign him cheaply and he's going to be happy being paid less than other wide receivers in the League.

No kidding. People seem to think this is the same as signing Jerry Rice a year ago. As if it's a vet minimum, low risk/high reward situation.

Raider Bill
01-30-2006, 09:52 PM

I dont think he signs anywhere for less than what Philly was slated to pay him.

7-8 million SB and vet minimum this year. He's going to want the 7 or so million a season that Moss and Harrison make IMO.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 09:52 PM

Pastabelly has always hated him. Saying Pastabelly pimped Plummer is like saying Nunyo Demasio is the best Redskins press guy in the history of the Washington Post.

He obviously doesn't read the local papers or listen to the radio here in Denver if he thinks the media "loves Jake Plummer."

Ratboy
01-30-2006, 09:53 PM
This is the first time i've seen this thread..

SWEET!

Pezman
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
Damn it... I acidentally killed the poll folks... my bad. Let me see if I can get it up again.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 09:56 PM
If we are going to make a big splash you might as well just go get Reggie Wayne. It will cost about the same but without the risk (or age).

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 09:57 PM
I stole this from south park but it sounds like Owens to me.

I am a changed man. I want to do good in the world, and because I can't fight cancer I will now fight a guy with cancer.

Popps
Eh, put a bunch of STFD and STFU clauses in a two year contract with no bonus. See what happens and send him packing Maurice Clarett style if it doesn't work.

That's it.

I'd rather sign one of many other WRs that will probably shake free, but if we're going to roll the dice... just keep the bet to a minimum.
I'm fairly sure this team will be prepared enough to handle his antics if we bring him on, and I'm positive Shanahan will send him packing at the first sign of bull****. (D. Gardener style)

It's a bad idea, but it doesn't mean if we do it... and it doesn't work out, that we're screwed.

Personally, I'd like to see us take a run at Keyshawn Johnson if he's let go. Less upside, but much safer and light-years better than anything we've got at #3.

Let's remember that it was our DEFENSE that ****ed us in the playoffs, not our offense.

The Colts have more firepower than anyone in the league. Guess what they're doing this Sunday?

Clockwork Orange
If we are going to make a big splash you might as well just go get Reggie Wayne. It will cost about the same but without the risk (or age).

There's a risk involved with Reggie Wayne, but it has nothing to do with his personality. It has everything to do with him possibly being the next coming of Alvin Harper.

Pezman
01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I stole this from south park but it sounds like Owens to me.

I am a changed man. I want to do good in the world, and because I can't fight cancer I will now fight a guy with cancer.

Hey speaking of which, I've been cancer free for 368 days now :thumbs: :strong:

Ok, back to fixing the damn poll

Mr. Trout
01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I love the AFC West. We're like the neutron stars of talent across the board.

you said it man...its like the soap opera "Days of Our Lives"

Hercules Rockefeller
01-30-2006, 09:59 PM
There's a risk involved with Reggie Wayne, but it has nothing to do with his personality. It has everything to do with him possibly being the next coming of Alvin Harper.

or Peerless Price

ludo21
01-30-2006, 09:59 PM

And IMO, i just dont see Wayne being more than a number 2. TO has establihed himself as a great #1, lets take that chance.

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 10:00 PM

Well then, I stand corrected. I was pretty sure about Peter King...and I'm pretty sure there's another national writer out there who's all over Plummers jock.

People in the press just get all excited about the 4th quarter comebacks he led. I remember hearing assinine comments like "he could be the next montana, he's so clutch, etc"

Witness: http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9175476

When he came into the league, former 49ers coach Bill Walsh compared him to Joe Montana, which is high praise. Plummer is no Montana. Joe Cool didn't make all those mistakes.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4384261,00.html

He always has been Jake Plummer, who reminds folks of . . .

"Everybody knows, Joe Montana, that's what they said, the first time anyway, I've heard more since," Plummer said.

And the Peter King articles about picking him for MVP are just downright hysterical. Then again, Peter King won't vote for Art Monk for the hall of fame, so who gives a **** what he thinks.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:00 PM

yeah, get back to work!!;D

DarkHorse30
01-30-2006, 10:02 PM

up until that last game i mightve agreed with you, but watching us in 2 receiver sets when we're down 3 scores made me desperately want another solid target at wideout.

listening to a bunch of dumb fvcks blame plummer after the fact REALLY makes me want to get another target for him.

it would only be one year, but fact is, if we sign owens you'd have to like our chances to win it all.
jake has been fantastic with smith and lelie as his ONLY viable threats as wideouts (our 3rd and 4th wr's were amongst the worst. i like charlie, but he's no #3).

we would be near unstoppable on offense (and we've already been top 5 since jake arrived), and our defense should be largely intact with further development from our young corners.

it would be one year with owens, but it could well be a superbowl year, so im all for it.
rod, jake, mike, wilson, pryce, lynch, bailey, and burns collectively is as good a leadership group as one could hope to have.

bring him in.
do it.

jake

Amen, brother. Denver needs playmakers.....and TO is a playmaker.

Denver's journey to the AFC championship last year just may pay off yet....

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 10:02 PM
He obviously doesn't read the local papers or listen to the radio here in Denver if he thinks the media "loves Jake Plummer."

Nope, I'm from Virginia. Sorry man.

But I can imagine.

SoCalBronco
01-30-2006, 10:03 PM

Excellent news, bro. :strong: :thumbsup:

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Nope, I'm from Virginia. Sorry man.

But I can imagine.

Let me tell you, Plummer gets it worse from the local press than Brian Griese ever did.....and Plummer has taken this team to the playoffs each year he's been here and won a division title. Nothing short of a Super Bowl win will get him an ounce of credit with the Colorado media.

Mr. Trout
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Bring him in..if he screws up do the exact same thing the Eagles did. It is simple people.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Bring him in..if he screws up do the exact same thing the Eagles did. It is simple people.
go 6-10???

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Let me tell you, Plummer gets it worse from the local press than Brian Griese ever did.....and Plummer has taken this team to the playoffs each year he's been here and won a division title. Nothing short of a Super Bowl win will get him an ounce of credit with the Colorado media.

Interesting.

Was it the same way with Elway before he won the Superbowls?

Then again, you didn't have any superbowl wins before Elway...now that you know what its like, you want it again...unfortunately Elway was a once in a lifetime Qb...expecting plummer/griese to do what he did isn't right.

Sassy
01-30-2006, 10:08 PM

:thumbs:

Ratboy
01-30-2006, 10:09 PM
go 6-10???

and draft Brady Quinn.. sounds good to me!

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Interesting.

Then again, you didn't have any superbowl wins before Elway...now that you know what its like, you want it again...unfortunately Elway was a once in a lifetime Qb...expecting plummer/griese to do what he did isn't right.

no it isnt right, but he set the bar and our QB's are alwaus being measured by it. Its impossible.

Jake has been a great addition for this team, he has gotten better each year, and his record speaks for itself. The criticism is unjust, but it seems to roll of his back.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
and draft Brady Quinn.. sounds good to me!
Yes Im all for tanking next year to get the medicine man

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:11 PM
Interesting.

Elway didn't get it as bad as Plummer, but that's because he was a surefire Hall of Famer. He did get plenty of heat for not having won a Super Bowl until he finally got one, but never as bad as Jake.

What I can't understand is that Griese seemed to get a much bigger break from the local press despite not getting the team to the playoffs, never being able to last an entire season, having a much more sullen demeanor and making more money than Plummer.

Anyway, not to stray too far from the topic, Owens is a toilet bug.

Victor
01-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I'm just happy that Shanny is already taking a proactive approach this offseason. Usually takes him until mid-Feb for anything to start happening. Denver's had on-going negotiations with Warren for months, already contacted Nalen's agent about a new deal, and now have brought TO in.

Quoted for truth.

"The Plan" version 2.0 -- get yours today!

Pezman
01-30-2006, 10:14 PM
Ok, I blew it up. Sorry JMC, I fubar'ed your poll. My bad.

Now, onto the TO situation. All I can think of is how badly this team needs an upgrade at the wideout position. But, I gotta think I'd rather take young talent over an aging vet anytime. However, with TO, the risk and rewards are about as high stakes as they get. I personally would try it for the right price.

01-30-2006, 10:16 PM
Do you think Plummer could get a team to the playoffs with the 23rd ranked defense?

Griese did.

Al Wilson
01-30-2006, 10:17 PM
go 6-10???
and how many losing seasons the broncos had the past 20 years

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Do you think Plummer could get a team to the playoffs with the 23rd ranked defense?

Griese did.

No, he didn't. Gus Frerotte did.

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Elway didn't get it as bad as Plummer, but that's because he was a surefire Hall of Famer. He did get plenty of heat for not having won a Super Bowl until he finally got one, but never as bad as Jake.

What I can't understand is that Griese seemed to get a much bigger break from the local press despite not getting the team to the playoffs, never being able to last an entire season, having a much more sullen demeanor and making more money than Plummer.

Anyway, not to stray too far from the topic, Owens is a toilet bug.

Media politics are always interesting.

And I agree with the post a few pages ago, (was it yours?) about how Owens would have been blackballed back in the day. Shame thats not the case now.

I've watched firsthand what he did to the Eagles. I mean, I hate the eagles. I HATE them almost as much as i hate the Cowboys. Yet, they were a damn good football team. Owens pretty much singlehandedly tore it apart.

Like I said, I don't like the Broncos (i'm still bitter about the loss this year), but I have a lot of respect for the team and the fans as well. I'd hate to see him do what he did to the eagles to your team.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I am 100% on board with this if it happens. Are you telling me that Denver has never taken chances on malcontents before? How about Todd and Big Money, just this season?

Shanahan has shown that he will not hesitate to cut talent that misbehaves. I, for one, TRUST OUR COACH.

ludo21

Griese did.

Yes he could. He did with a much worse team in AZ, he could easily do it here.

watermock
I shouldn't be an oddsmaker...2-1 that the thread would make it to 400 was obviously a serious handycapping error...

it's now 1/2 it hits by 12:00 central and 500 posts is now 1/1 for the morning.

700 by 6 PM Tuesday is the new line at 2/1

watermock
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
We are about to crack 400 before 12 CDT...

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 10:22 PM
cutting him won't end the problem, making him sit only gave him the balls to sue the Eagles into releasing him, which caused players to miss practice to go to court against or for him. We need more guys like that

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I shouldn't be an oddsmaker...2-1 that the thread would make it to 400 was obviously a serious handycapping error...

it's now 1/2 it hits by 12:00 central and 500 posts is now 1/1 for the morning.

700 by 6 PM Tuesday is the new line at 2/1

i just might post 8 more times myself, so id take that bet

Vegas_Bronco
01-30-2006, 10:23 PM
<TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>HEY DID YOU GUYS HEAR....... (HAHAAAHAAA)

Owens meets with Broncos officials
<SCRIPT> function BlogThisStoryTools() { var headline = "Owens meets with Broncos officials"; var url = document.location.href; var destination = "http://blogs.foxsports.com/BlogThis.aspx?r_title=" + escape(headline) + "&r_url=" + url; //alert(destination); //return; window.location.href = destination; } </SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 5px" align=left>Story Tools:</TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/print.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520?print=true) </TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/email.gif (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520#) </TD><TD>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/Story/blog.gif (javascript:BlogThisStoryTools();void(0)) </TD><TD>XML (http://msn.foxsports.com/feedout/syndicatedContent?authorId=228) </TD><TD colSpan=2>http://msn.foxsports.com/fe/img/rss_mymsn.gif (http://my.msn.com/addtomymsn.armx?id=rss&ut=http://msn.foxsports.com/feedout/syndicatedContent?authorId=228&ru=http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520) </TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD></TD><TD> Print (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520?print=true) </TD><TD> Email (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5292520#) </TD><TD> Blog This (javascript:BlogThisStoryTools();void(0)) </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD>Jay Glazer (http://msn.foxsports.com/writer/archive?authorId=228) / FOXSports.com
<!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content="Jay Glazer"--><!-- meta name="source" content="FS"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content=""--><!-- meta name="modDate" content="January 31, 2006 03:49:27 GMT"-->Posted: 1 hour ago<SCRIPT> // front-end hack to remove postedTime from Rumors page until a better way can be determined if (document.URL.indexOf("/name/FS/rumors") != -1) document.getElementById("postedTime").style.display = 'none'; </SCRIPT> </TD><TD width=10> </TD><TD align=right><!--this is for sponsorships or brandings--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- workingCategoryId: 5337--></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=bdy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=770 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD width=10></TD><TD width=440><!-- search:</noindex> --><SCRIPT> if(fanid.length > 0 && typeof(nflDefaultLeague)!= "undefined") { leagueId = nflDefaultLeague; //find teamId of default league (if exists) for(var i=0; i < teamsInfo.length; i++){ if(teamsInfo[i][4] == leagueId){ defaultTeamId = teamsInfo[i][0]; } } var fantasyLeaguePlayerJsPath = 'http://msnfantasy.foxsports.com' + '/nugget/200002_' + leagueId + '|||' + fanid; } </SCRIPT>While most NFL teams slow down in their off-season, Terrell Owens' off-season is just heating up.

Denver sources have told FOXSports.com that the Pro Bowl wide receiver and his agent Drew Rosenhaus went to Denver on Monday to meet with Broncos officials at the house of coach Mike Shanahan. Shanahan wasn't present at the meeting, according to sources, but others in the organization met privately with Owens.
Owens apologized to the team two days after the incident in a memorable press conference outside of his New Jersey home, but he was not invited back for the rest of the season. If Owens does not get traded by the beginning of March, the Eagles will release him. And it is expected that any team that signs him will pay him well, but any deal will be contingent upon him being a perfect soldier.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

01-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes he could. He did with a much worse team in AZ, he could easily do it here.

Plummer threw 20 interceptions that year.

01-30-2006, 10:27 PM
No, he didn't. Gus Frerotte did.
Laughable. Griese had a 5 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Gus's was 1 to 1.

freak6
01-30-2006, 10:27 PM
It's a no brainer that this guy drastically improves the team on the field, and with the contract he will be forced to sign, its a win/win until the meltdown. Hopefully not until season 2. If he helps us win the Superbowl, that's all I care about. That is what signing FAs is all about.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:29 PM
Laughable. Griese had a 4 to 1 TD to INT ratio. Gus's was 1 to 1.

The Broncos were 6-4 with Griese under center. He got hurt, Gus took over and went 5-1 down the stretch to get them to their first playoff birth in the post-Elway era.

Try again.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:30 PM
The best part of all this is watching the corresponding thread on CheapsPlanet where the ketchup and mustard crew are collectively ****ting their pants.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
01-30-2006, 10:31 PM

bring him in.
do it.

jake

I gotta co-sign all of the above - you make a very compelling case.

I just hope there's a "get attitudinal and you're outta here" clause in his contract. ;)

01-30-2006, 10:33 PM
The best part of all this is watching the corresponding thread on CheapsPlanet where the ketchup and mustard crew are collectively ****ting their pants.

Most of them are homering it up. I, however, am ****ting my pants.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Most of them are homering it up. I, however, am ****ting my pants.

Don't bother, Owens is going to Dallas.

watermock
01-30-2006, 10:34 PM
you know a thread is active when LABF and Bob crawl out of the primordial soup...

Williams to Sanders
01-30-2006, 10:35 PM
Don't bother, Owens is going to Dallas.

What makes you say this?

Not trying to sound like a dick, it's a genuine question.

Is the Dallas lockeroom big enough for TO and Keyshawns egos? ROFL!

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:37 PM
What makes you say this?

Not trying to sound like a dick, it's a genuine question.

Is the Dallas lockeroom big enough for TO and Keyshawns egos? ROFL!

There have been rumors about the Cokeboys being interested and with Owens and his long lost twin assbag Michael Irvin being so buddy buddy these days, it just seemed like a natural fit.

Dallas may cut Meshawn if they were to bring in Owens. If they didn't, poor Nancy Drew would be getting yelled at in both ears on the sideline.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:39 PM
Dallas could very welll be his destination. Jones would pay the money.

Being on a team here i dont think he could tear us apart (Too many leaders) On a team like the Cowboys i could see him ruining them.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
There have been rumors about the Cokeboys being interested and with Owens and his long lost twin assbag Michael Irvin being so buddy buddy these days, it just seemed like a natural fit.

Dallas may cut Meshawn if they were to bring in Owens. If they didn't, poor Nancy Drew would be getting yelled at in both ears on the sideline.

We have the cap room. We have the desire. We went to the championship game while Dallas missed the playoffs. Why would Owens want to go to Dallas?

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:44 PM
We have the cap room. We have the desire. We went to the championship game while Dallas missed the playoffs. Why would Owens want to go to Dallas?

Dallas is close tho, a good D that will probably be even better next season, an O that finaly started clicking next season. All they lacked was consistency.

Heres the real Question:

Would the Eagles trade him to Dallas? Even tho they badly want to unload him, they would be trading him to a divison rival. I dont think they will.

01-30-2006, 10:45 PM
I wonder who TO would get along with worse....Bledsoe or Plummer? They are both dumbasses.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:46 PM

I'll bet he likes the idea of having a chance to stick it to the Eagles twice a year. Not to mention he'd love the added attention that comes with playing for South America's Team.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Dallas is close tho, a good D that will probably be even better next season, an O that finaly started clicking next season. All they lacked was consistency.

Heres the real Question:

Would the Eagles trade him to Dallas? Even tho they badly want to unload him, they would be trading him to a divison rival. I dont think they will.

Dallas would have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I'll bet he likes the idea of having a chance to stick it to the Eagles twice a year. Not to mention he'd love the added attention that comes with playing for South America's Team.

Holy **** this is an excellent post. I think T.O. is definitely headed to Dallas. Just think of the media circus. No one will be talking about the Colts if this happens.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:48 PM
I wonder who TO would get along with worse....Bledsoe or Plummer? They are both dumbasses.

Neither Jake nor Shanahan would put up with Owens' ****. First outburst and Mike will have him riding the pine, and he HAS to know that.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Dallas would have to make them an offer they can't refuse.

They could give them MeShawn.

Clockwork Orange

Yet both have won playoff games in their careers. Now what kind of loser can't manage a single playoff win?

As for who Owens would like better, I'll say neither. Owens history suggests that he doesn't like QB's no matter who they are.

footstepsfrom#27
Fine. Sign TO. Then make him a backup and have him play special teams returning punts or better yet...blocking for the punt returner. This guy's a classless jerk. Have we learned NOTHING from the whole Dale Carter, Daryl Gardner, Eddie Kennison, Maurice Clarett lessons?

Unbelievable.

scorpio
01-30-2006, 10:52 PM
Fine. Sign TO. Then make him a backup and have him play special teams returning punts or better yet...blocking for the punt returner. This guy's a classless jerk. Have we learned NOTHING from the whole Dale Carter, Daryl Gardner, Eddie Kennison, Maurice Clarett lessons?

Unbelievable.

None of those situations are even remotely close to this, with the possible exception of Gardner.

01-30-2006, 10:53 PM
Yet both have won playoff games in their careers. Now what kind of loser can't manage a single playoff win?

Would you get off this bull****? Trent has never had a defense.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:54 PM

Jake had a D in AZ?

Trent is just not a real leader, admit it.

NFLBRONCO

Unbelievable.

I see your points but, IMO TO is a far better player then the guys you listed so I can see why Denver is interested its worth the risk.

Clockwork Orange

Not until you get off of Plummer's TD to INT ratio, which improved dramatically this season might I add.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:55 PM
None of those situations are even remotely close to this, with the possible exception of Gardner.

I just have a feeling TO will thrive here.
All those other guys gave me bad vibes, i trust my intuitions.

01-30-2006, 10:56 PM
Not until you get off of Plummer's TD to INT ratio, which improved dramatically this season might I add.

I've never really been "on" that so I don't see where you're going with this.

Plummer proved what kind of QB he was against Pittsburgh. A loser that gets by only when his defense saves the day.

NFLBRONCO
01-30-2006, 10:56 PM

Unbelievable.

I see your points but, IMO TO is a far better player then the guys you listed so I can see why Denver is interested should take a chance.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
i trust my intuitions.

I'll bet there were people who said the same thing right before they bought Enron stock.

01-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Jake had a D in AZ?

Trent is just not a real leader, admit it.

The only playoff game he "won" in Arizona came when his defense held the opposition to 7 points.

Trent is an excellent QB. What he has done in KC puts him in rare company among NFL QBs.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I'll bet there were people who said the same thing right before they bought Enron stock.

true, i guess im just hoping.

I really want a playmaker who opposing teams have to gameplan for. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz

ludo21
01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
The only playoff game he "won" in Arizona came when his defense held the opposition to 7 points.

Trent is an excellent QB. What he has done in KC puts him in rare company among NFL QBs.

LOL

0 playoff wins buddy.

You know the drill here, stats are meaningless. ;D

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 10:59 PM
I've never really been "on" that so I don't see where you're going with this.

Plummer proved what kind of QB he was against Pittsburgh. A loser that gets by only when his defense saves the day.

And TrINT has shown year in and year out that he's a loser who can't get a team to the playoff but once in 5 years. Plummer got the Broncos to the playoffs 3 times in 3 years and actually won a playoff game.

When TrINT has the Chefs in the AFC Championship game, let me know.

DBroncos4life
01-30-2006, 11:00 PM

what qbs to start 6 years without a single playoff win? Doesn't Quincy Carter have atleast one?

01-30-2006, 11:00 PM
And TrINT has shown year in and year out that he's a loser who can't get a team to the playoff but once in 5 years. Plummer got the Broncos to the playoffs 3 times in 3 years and actually won a playoff game.

When TrINT has the Chefs in the AFC Championship game, let me know.

This is retarded. The only thing that has prevented the Chiefs from winning playoff games in the Trent Green era is the defense.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:01 PM

Yes, rare company indeed. He's a 35 year old QB who's never won so much as a single playoff game.

That is pretty rare.

ludo21
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes, rare company indeed. He's a 35 year old QB who's never won so much as a single playoff game.

That is pretty rare.

Ha!

:welcome: Bye Bob, Discussion over

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
This is retarded. The only thing that has prevented the Chiefs from winning playoff games in the Trent Green era is the defense.

Him pissing down his leg in the games that Willie Roaf missed this year exposed him for exactly what he is. An average QB who's benefitted from a dominant O-line.

If he hadn't **** himself when his Pro Bowl left tackle was out, you guys might have been a playoff team this year.

01-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Him pissing down his leg in the games that Willie Roaf missed this year exposed him for exactly what he is. An average QB who's benefitted from a dominant O-line.

If he hadn't **** himself when his Pro Bowl left tackle was out, you guys might have been a playoff team this year.
Wow. Just horrid reasoning. You don't even understand the facts. Trent had one bad game all year. The defense cost us many more.

Roaf missed six games. Trent threw six interceptions in those games, and three of those game in one game.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:05 PM
Anyway, we've got all offseason to have this little back and forth, let's get back to bashing Owens. :yep:

01-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Anyway, we've got all offseason to have this little back and forth, let's get back to bashing Owens. :yep:

Yes I am sure you will deflect us in this direction in countless threads.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow. Just horrid reasoning. You don't even understand the facts. Trent had one bad game all year. The defense cost us many more.

Yet Jake Plummer is the one to blame for every Bronco loss. Gotcha.::)

Anyway, Michael Irvin just said that Owens in Denver is a perfect fit. I hate his junky ass even more now. :cuss:

01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Yet Jake Plummer is the one to blame for every Bronco loss. Gotcha.::)

You lost 4 games this year and he pretty much pooped his pants in 3 of 'em.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:09 PM
Yes I am sure you will deflect us in this direction in countless threads.

You always get the ball rolling with your shameless Plummer bashing. Just returning the favor, sunshine.

Again, call me when TrINT accomplishes anything.

P.S. I loathe you Owens.

Clockwork Orange
01-30-2006, 11:10 PM
You lost 4 games this year and he pretty much pooped his pants in 3 of 'em.

So we should ignore the 14 that they won? Great logic. How many did TrINT win this year?

Leave now and never come back Owens.

watermock
01-30-2006, 11:13 PM

Gee...Bob had a moment of enlightement...

WE WERE TELLING YOU THAT FOR 5 YEARS.

Now the window has shut and your seeing the light? The whole team is on Social Security and your finally figuring out that Vermin didn't care about defense?

Sauders is gone...soon Priest and Roaf will be gone...

Trint and Gonzo are old...Hell your stadium is old...

You try to talk smack when you fell on your face?

watermock
01-30-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't see T.O. and Dr. Drew begging to play in KC.

STFU.

Vegas_Bronco
01-30-2006, 11:30 PM
18 pages later and it's still speculation - never doubt the OM!

watermock
01-30-2006, 11:33 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2260&dateline=1138688758

I think that is T.O. and that Shark guy...call security...

maven
01-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Sweet, i'm buying a TO jersey if he comes to Denver.

Archer81
01-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Yeah, we better fear a talented receiver maybe wanting to play for us...TO comes to denver, first time he acts like an assclown, he gets sat down.

:Broncos:

Atlas
01-31-2006, 12:13 AM
Jake threw two picks right into the opponents hands how is that not his fault? offensive line issues? probably. but if the offensive line doesnt improve then Owens will never see the ball especially if Jake keeps putting the ball right in the opponents hands..

Denver has a top 10 line.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Our Oline has one really bad game and its crap. Indy's Oline played very well all year, then Pitt came in and trashed them. Maybe its time some people start giving the Pitts front 7 SOME CREDIT!!!!!!!!!!!

01-31-2006, 12:27 AM

Yep and Jake had fine protection on both plays.

Clockwork Orange
01-31-2006, 12:29 AM
Hey Owens! What do you think of playing for a reasonable contract in order to prove that you're committed to winning?

http://cdn.channel.aol.com/channels/06/06/436d7d81-00288-00479-400cb8e1

Sorry. Just checking.

Atlas
01-31-2006, 12:31 AM
Yep and Jake had fine protection on both plays.

Pittsburgh did put pressure Jake but hell, Pittsburgh has one of the best blitzing teams in the NFL. and Jake did have good protection on the the plays he was picked they were just bad throws. **** happens and on to next year,

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 12:33 AM
go 6-10???

ummm no...suspend his ass or cut him.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
ummm no...suspend his ass or cut him.
oh the Eagles did one of those and went 6-10

watermock
01-31-2006, 12:45 AM
Sweet, i'm buying a TO jersey if he comes to Denver.

I hope your buy a genuine becase he will be here one year.

Hulamau
01-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Bigtime, the only way a guy like TO stays happy is behind a Qb like Brady or Manning. it has to be a Qb with great accuracy and protection. Doesnt matter how good he is, he becomes average if you cant get the ball to him.

Thats my concern too, it will all sound like wine and roses at first, but the pressure will be even greater on Plummer to develop a lot more consistent accuracy (which in itself wouldnt be a bad thing at all), but I'm afraid that all the hugs and kisses would quickly turn into a match in a keg of dynamite by week 5 if Plummer reverts to the long floaters 5 to 10 yrds off target. Plus, TO isnt going to be happy in a scheme that throws only 3 or 4 medium to long balls tops per game ...

And you can forget Lelie. He'll get even much slimmer pickings than the few crumbs thrown his way this year if TO is here.

If I was Lelie, Id have his agent try to work out a trade if TO comes in.

There is a lot of potential gain with TO in a Bronco uniform, no doubt, but a whole lot more possibility for disaster too. The one silver lining would be if TO was truly chastised and humbled by how his act crapped out this year and left him holding the bag and looking like a fool.

If that is the case perhaps he can bite his tongue and be a trooper for at least a year. I just dont think its worth the risk to throw Ash under the bus though for aguy with TO's track record. Ash is a guy who is only getting better every year and should be our foundation for the next 8 years once he becomes the #1 WR which will be this year if TO doesnt still the spot, and then Ash gets the lion share of the catches and thus the big yards and TD stats as well. We could still get a very good WR in the draft or via another FA deal, and David Terrell seems sky high on his own prospects for next year after a year of learning our system and re-learning how to be a 1st round worthy WR in the NFL. He is spending the entire offseason working out with Rod which could be huge for him and us!

Ash, Rod and a fully healthy and reinvigorated David Terrell, plus one other really good FA or draft pick with one of our 1st rounders could be all we need without selling our collective soul and risking the entire thing to blow up in our faces for the admittedly intriquing possibilities.

The tiger with strips thing is just too obvious with a guy like TO.

maven
01-31-2006, 12:54 AM
I hope your buy a genuine becase he will be here one year.

The Reebok replica will do.

01-31-2006, 12:57 AM
Plus, TO isnt going to be happy in a scheme that throws only 3 or 4 medium to long balls tops per game ...

T.O. catches alot of intermediate stuff and runs with it. He's not Randy Moss.

He may have a ****ty attitude, but he plays with heart.

Clockwork Orange
01-31-2006, 12:58 AM

No one's questioning that. I despise Owens, but I'll never knock his ability or work ethic.

watermock
01-31-2006, 01:02 AM
The line that this will go over 500 has gone to 1/10

I'm losing my ass here...

anthonypacino
01-31-2006, 01:05 AM
God please no, I hated Romo when he was brought here, I never questioned his work or play (except his pass coverage) but as a person he was a scumbag. The same with TO but at least Romo held the team in high regard, this guy is about nothing but himself and his numbers. The first time Jake has a bad throw or misses him in the open like he is prone to doing Jake not only will have to deal with the media and fans calling for his head but the "playmaker" on the sidelines in front of 76000 and a TV auidence. The Eagles are going to want one of our first rounders

maven
01-31-2006, 01:05 AM

Agree. He's the perfect weapon for this offense. Blocks, takes a 5 yarder & goes 80 for a TD, will go over the middle & catch the ball, and puts fear in defenses.

maven
01-31-2006, 01:06 AM
The Eagles are going to want one of our first rounders

Now that's just silly talk.

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 01:10 AM
oh the Eagles did one of those and went 6-10

I'm sure Plummer could still throw to Rod or Lelie. The Eagles also had Westbrook, Lito Shepherd, and McNabb get hurt during the season. Gee, you think that might have contributed to that record??? Just a tad.

Atlas
01-31-2006, 01:11 AM
God please no, I hated Romo when he was brought here, I never questioned his work or play (except his pass coverage) but as a person he was a scumbag. The same with TO but at least Romo held the team in high regard, this guy is about nothing but himself and his numbers. The first time Jake has a bad throw or misses him in the open like he is prone to doing Jake not only will have to deal with the media and fans calling for his head but the "playmaker" on the sidelines in front of 76000 and a TV auidence. The Eagles are going to want one of our first rounders

You hated it when the Broncos signed Romo in 1996?? Why, considering that he had never really been in trouble and had a pair of SB trophies with the 49ers. All of Romos incidents have happened in Denver and Oakland. Not Philly and S.F.

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 01:13 AM
I'm sure Plummer could still throw to Rod or Lelie. The Eagles also had Westbrook, Lito Shepherd, and McNabb get hurt during the season. Gee, you think that might have contributed to that record??? Just a tad.
no it was all Owens.

yavoon
01-31-2006, 01:21 AM
Now that's just silly talk.

is someone seriously going to give the eagles something? hahaha I hope they holdout for a trade and no1 gives em ****.

Taco John
01-31-2006, 01:23 AM
The week before the Pittsburgh game, I publically came out against the idea of bringing TO in. Then I watched as Jake scrambled around trying to make things happen, seemingly by himself. It was a valiant effort, but the guy needed more help... The kind of help TO can give.

I'm with Khan. My head says no, my heart says TOUCHDOWN.

Whatever Shanahan decides, I'll back. Unless he decides to move Ian Gold to WR.

Taco John
01-31-2006, 01:25 AM

I don't understand why people believe that. If we bring TO in, I think we'll make him the highest paid WR in the league.

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 01:25 AM
no it was all Owens.

whatever dude...you believe what you want...

DBroncos4life
01-31-2006, 01:27 AM
whatever dude...you believe what you want...
you can blame the late season injuries if you want too, I'll blame the guy that ****ed up their training camp and bashed the team every night on TV

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 01:28 AM
The week before the Pittsburgh game, I publically came out against the idea of bringing TO in. Then I watched as Jake scrambled around trying to make things happen, seemingly by himself. It was a valiant effort, but the guy needed more help... The kind of help TO can give.

I'm with Khan. My head says no, my heart says TOUCHDOWN.

Whatever Shanahan decides, I'll back. Unless he decides to move Ian Gold to WR.

Hey if Mike Vrabel can do it so can Gold. Might want to stick him in front of the JUGS machine for a couple years though....Hilarious!

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 01:29 AM
you can blame the late season injuries if you want too, I'll blame the guy that ****ed up their training camp and bashed the team every night on TV

a lot of it was his fault but if a team has to rely on one person they are destined for failure. The Eagles championship window closed this year.

01-31-2006, 01:29 AM
http://fireshanahan.com/

Clockwork Orange
01-31-2006, 01:34 AM
http://fireshanahan.com/

That site just oozes credibility.

Atlas
01-31-2006, 01:42 AM
I can't believe I clicked on that link again. The guy has some issues.

01-31-2006, 02:02 AM
I don't know whether he wants Shanahan to sign TO so he can rip him, or if he actually wants TO.

24champ
01-31-2006, 02:05 AM
I can't believe I clicked on that link again. The guy has some issues.
Yeah get a load of this BS-

There weren't any updates because I couldn't log into the FTP for a good two weeks. Otherwise I would have updated after the New England game and sooner after the Pittsburgh game

01-31-2006, 02:08 AM
Yeah get a load of this BS-

Get a load of this BS!

24champ
01-31-2006, 02:10 AM
Get a load of this BS!
Bob I forgive you for that statement. I am learning Jesus Christ's ways.

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Philippians 4:9

Arkie
01-31-2006, 02:19 AM
I don't know whether he wants Shanahan to sign TO so he can rip him, or if he actually wants TO.

He's probably waiting to see what Shanahan does, so he can rip him either way.

watermock
01-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Quote:
There weren't any updates because I couldn't log into the FTP for a good two weeks. Otherwise I would have updated after the New England game and sooner after the Pittsburgh game

President Usama and Zaquari have been in negotiations with Satan..

The nation of nowhere is now talking about negotiating....

i'm so tired of my children dying over this...it lierally kills me.

We ARE WINNING...

fontaine
01-31-2006, 05:10 AM
If this team needs a 33 year old attention whore to win it all then we're as far away from the SuperBowl as we can get.

What makes people think he'll change when Philly had supposed great locker room leaders and were probably closer to winning the SuperBowl than we are right now because they actually got there and have a weak NFC to contend with?

TO actually went right after those locker room leaders in McNabb and Douglas and just when Philly was getting read to make it's run to the SuperBowl this year he started playing chicken with Andy Reid.

If we do sign him, my only hope is that this a$$hole shows his true spots in camp so that someone can knock the stupid off his face and he'll be suspended before the season even starts so he can do no more damage.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-31-2006, 05:23 AM
Well, I guess if TO signs all you haters have to find another team to root for then?

fontaine
01-31-2006, 06:00 AM
Well, I guess if TO signs all you haters have to find another team to root for then?

No, because I doubt he lasts longer than a year here!

epa86b@netzero
01-31-2006, 06:30 AM
TO actually went right after those locker room leaders in McNabb and Douglas and just when Philly was getting read to make it's run to the SuperBowl this year he started playing chicken with Andy Reid.

Douglas was the team ambassador. Do we have a team ambassador? Is who is it? What are the duties of the team ambassador?

"A skeptical or cynical person would see a team ambassador as a convenient way for the Eagles to keep Hugh around just in case they need defensive line help later this season."

6-10 was karma finally kicking the Eagles in the a$# for the years of cutthroat business practices and clearly keeping a 54 player around the team.

-Slap-
01-31-2006, 06:45 AM
I don't understand why people believe that. If we bring TO in, I think we'll make him the highest paid WR in the league.
Wouldn't that be a wonderful thing? God, I hope we're the team that gives him a truckload of money. He really deserves it, you know?

-Slap-
01-31-2006, 06:48 AM
Actually, you're right, though. This deal, once consummated, will make Bronco fans gasp, both in terms of compensation and what we give up to acquire him. Seems a high price to pay to have some mercenary come in and ridicule our quarterback in the newspapers.

-Slap-
01-31-2006, 06:59 AM
If this team needs a 33 year old attention whore to win it all then we're as far away from the SuperBowl as we can get.

What makes people think he'll change when Philly had supposed great locker room leaders and were probably closer to winning the SuperBowl than we are right now because they actually got there and have a weak NFC to contend with?

If we do sign him, my only hope is that this a$$hole shows his true spots in camp so that someone can knock the stupid off his face and he'll be suspended before the season even starts so he can do no more damage.

The level of denial on this thread is a palpable thing, isn't it? The Eagles went to three straight Conference Championship Games without TO. I think you need strong leaders to accomplish something like that. If guys like Reid, McNabb, Dawkins and Trotter couldn't keep him in line, its sheer lunacy to think our lockerroom is any different.

Does anybody remember the way TO treated Eagles OC Brad Childress last year? Here's a coach with so much presence that he was named the new head coach of the Vikings last month. TO refused to speak to him and demonstrated a threatening demeanor when Childress tried to communicate with him. Sounds like a rational guy to me.

Mile High Shack
01-31-2006, 07:02 AM
well

I don't like this one bit

I haven't read every thread in the 20 page long thread.......but.....I'm sure we are split

which isn't good, he isn't even with the team and we are split on him

the moment Jake doesn't throw to him 8 times a game, is when he'll lose it

this is a bad, bad, bad move

he is a team killer...look at the niners and eagles after he was done with them

Crushaholic
01-31-2006, 07:11 AM
I can't believe that I read all 20 pages. I also can't believe NOBODY brought up the fact that our problem this year WASN'T our offense. Does 29th ranked pass defense ring a bell? TJ brought up the Pittsburgh game. We were just plain outcoached and outplayed in that game. It's too bad that we had our worst game since Week 1 one game away from the Super Bowl.

Get another playmaker on offense, but DON'T go after this jerk. Players who may be all for bringing this guy in could change their tune after they are asked to restructure their contract to accomodate this flava clown.

JUST SAY NO TO T.O.!

Mr. Trout
01-31-2006, 07:14 AM
Heck, I am 50/50 split myself. I won't be mad either way. But if he messes up it would be quite a fiasco which would definitely not be cool.

watermock
01-31-2006, 07:21 AM
Well my bookie operation is still in business...only 495 Threads at this point...

Even dogs and cats have to rest.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-31-2006, 07:23 AM
No, because I doubt he lasts longer than a year here!
TO will have 4 great years here and go into the HOF as a Bronco.

http://espn.go.com/poll/images/poll35030_0.gif

toad
01-31-2006, 07:31 AM
I can't believe that I read all 20 pages. I also can't believe NOBODY brought up the fact that our problem this year WASN'T our offense. Does 29th ranked pass defense ring a bell? TJ brought up the Pittsburgh game. We were just plain outcoached and outplayed in that game. It's too bad that we had our worst game since Week 1 one game away from the Super Bowl.

Get another playmaker on offense, but DON'T go after this jerk. Players who may be all for bringing this guy in could change their tune after they are asked to restructure their contract to accomodate this flava clown.

JUST SAY NO TO T.O.!

Obviously we got raped by Big Ben in the playoffs, but the "29th" ranking is a little decieving as that's just total yards:

- We won a lot and played with the lead a lot which lead to garbage time passing yards against us as teams tried to play catch up.

- We were 3rd in the NFL in completion percentage (gave up the 3rd lowest comp. percentage).

- We ranked 20th in the NFL in passing touchdowns allowed. Not great, but better than 28th and still a product of winning and playing with the lead.

- We ranked 6th in the NFL in interceptions.

- We were top-10 in the NFL in yards per completion

We obviously didn't have a great passing defense, and the lack of sacks really hurt us, but I don't think were as bad as 28th.

Spider
01-31-2006, 07:32 AM
so did TO sign or not ?

meangene
01-31-2006, 07:32 AM
Well, well, well, it appears that all the rumors may be true. There really IS fire with all that smoke. I have gone on record here more than once saying that this would be a bad idea. If it happens, all we can do is have faith in our organization that they know better than we given that they have the opportunity to sit down with him face to face and to perform whatever other investigation they deem necessary. Also, we have to trust in the strength and jujdgment of our locker room leadership who seem to be endorsing the idea. I, for one, wish him nothing but success should he come to Denver. By "success" I mean off the field as his talent on the field has never been a question. I never thought I would be saying this but, if he comes to Denver.......... Go TO!

ND Bronco Fan
01-31-2006, 07:34 AM
So after 500 posts of going back and forth lets assume that Shanahan and company wants and plans on getting TO..........what is the compensation?

I would go no higher than a fifth.