PDA

View Full Version : Signatures are coming back... Here's how it works

Taco John
12-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey gang.

We took a vote and the signatures coming back option has won out. Not by a huge margin, but it has won out nonetheless. I have mixed feelings about this personally, as I enjoy the character and personality it brings to the board and brings out of the posters, but I hate the borderline stuff that puts undue stress on myself and our fair moderators.

Rather than go through a whole voting system of what's acceptable and what's not acceptable and all that other crap that ends up being a mine field of "you didn't include this option, you didn't include that option, now these options are out of balance," I'm just going to do what I've done in the past that seemed to work out pretty well... I'm going to use my best judgement to make things as fair as I can to all the parties involved, and make adjustments as their needs arise.

So at this time let me address a few of these parties, as I see them:

People Who Don't Want to See Signatures
The good news is, if you don't want to see signatures, you never have to, so there's absolutely nothing changing for you. Simply go to your "User CP" and click "Edit Options." In there you will find a section called "Visible Post Elements" where you can turn off signatures and even avatars. Here is a shortcut to that page. (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editoptions)

People Who Want Signatures Done This Way, That Way, or The Other Way
This is the stuff that got me in trouble last time because options start setting up against other options, but helping other options, and it just turns into a mess. It's like Ralph Nader screwing up what the majority of people want and letting Bush sqeak in (:poke::laugh: ). So instead I have a solution that I think that everyone will at least think is fair. I hope you're with me, and will at least be ok with what's fair.

Moderators
This is going to be easy. The rules are going to be black and white. If they're broken, then it's easy. That person loses their signature privledges. Period. If there is any question on the appropriateness of the signature, you send a link to another mod, and if two mods agree that it's over the line, privledges get lost. It's that simple. Will people complain? Will there be a debate? Sure. Over in the horses butt, there will be plenty of discussion, I'm sure. Let 'em complain over there. The community will overwhelmingly support action against the borderline stuff, believe me. The majority of folks here surf from work anyway, and as an administrator, I want to cater to this sensitivity (I used to be a cubicle surfing Maner myself). When anyone posts a signature that is borderline, that's just the risk that they're taking. If they want to go there, that's on them, but the minute they submit a borderline signature, they're taking a gamble with their privledges. Sometimes when you gamble, you lose. It'll be up to the mods to determine the winners from the losers. But let me make something a little more clearer: ANY TWO MODS. So if one mod thinks something might cross the line, and the second mod does not... and then a third mod does not... And then the fourth mod DOES... The privledges are lost. There are no tiebreakers to worry about. There is no BS petitioning. If any two of our very sensible and fair mods agree that the line has been crossed, then the line has been crossed... and privledges are lost. There is a user group titled "Registered (No Signature)." You simply set that as the user group in their back-end profile. If you have any questions, talk to me, or bring it up in the Orange Horsemen Forum.

Everyone Else
Many here will be happy to hear that signatures are coming back. They're a great deal of fun when they don't become a huge distraction, and I'm going to enjoy them for the most part. The problem before was that the board grew so large that it became hard to do quality control on them, and the result was some pretty ridiculous stuff. Sometimes you'd see one sentance posts with a signature that filled up the entire page. Other times, it would turn into a boundry pushing smut tag that would fill my inbox with complaints. People just didn't seem to want to set boundaries on themselves like everybody had when we were a smaller community. Growing pains are bound to happen, and I'm sure this site hasn't seen the last of them.

So here is the deal, by now you've read the consequences for breaking the rules, so let's get into the specifics of what those rules are. They're simple:

Rule #1: If your signature does not fall within one of the two boxes below, you will lose signature privledges. This stands for both text and images.

Rule #2: When you submit a borderline signature, you are taking a gamble. If your signature crosses the line of decency that any two moderators agree on, you will lose your signature privledges. Thus, It is your fault if you lose signature privledges. To understand where the line is drawn, ask yourself "is someone's uptight boss going to fire an OManer if he saw this on the screen?" That's the vicinity that the line is drawn.

Two simple rules. Black and white. Cut and dried.

All text and all images must fall within the following two images, that is THE ENTIRE SIGNATURE MUST FIT in the following two boxes: </STRONG>

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=13979&stc=1&d=1134252895

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=13980&stc=1&d=1134252900

Please visit our Photoshop Forum (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=40) if you need help getting your signature within the standard. There you will find a thread entitled The "Please Help Me With My Signature" Thread (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=877324#post877324). You will get the help you need there.

This rule goes in effect on Thursday, December 15.

Signatures have been turned on.

RhymesayersDU
12-10-2005, 03:28 PM
...And that is why Taco John is my hero.

;)

ozomulsion
12-10-2005, 03:35 PM
...And that is why Taco John is my hero.

;)

Word! I feel worm and fuzzy inside.

Ratboy
12-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Going through the forum.. Maybe i don't want to see the sigs.

Ratboy
12-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Damn I'd hate to complain already, but Play2Win's sig is rolling off the page.

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 04:05 PM
Cool, I guess. I like the size limitations.

There are two other things that I'd like to throw out there:

1) What can we do to get more smilies? I have seen other boards that have some great smilies, and lots of them. There are obviously thousands flopping around the Internet, and we have people here that could easily make them. Is it a pain to get them uploaded with the others?

2) I have seen this cool feature on other boards that I think we ought to consider. It's sort of like eBay's feedback system. It basically gives other board members the opportunity to express opinions as to whose posts they like and don't like. Each person is given a numerical score that accumulates as others leave their feedback regarding good and bad posts. It seems like it could really be a helpful thing around here.

What do you think?

Taco John
12-10-2005, 04:05 PM
That's why I'm waiting until December 15 to enforce. That should give everybody enough time to get within the limits.

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Word! I feel worm and fuzzy inside.
That's terrible. You should see a doctor about that. I heard that if you don't eat anything for awhile, then hold a piece of salami in front of your mouth, it will jump out and try and get it - which allows you to pull it the rest of the way out. That might be an urban legend, though.

Ratboy
12-10-2005, 04:07 PM
That's why I'm waiting until December 15 to enforce. That should give everybody enough time to get within the limits.

I think i got used to no signatures, I dont care for them as much as i thought.

I like the disable button for it, but yet others can still see yours.

Thanks, TJ.

OrangeShadow
12-10-2005, 04:34 PM
TJ's Dah man!

GreatBronco16
12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Great, now later on tonight, I'll have to make me a good sig. Thanks TJ, you da man!!

REB
12-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Does this look like it's within the size limit with smilies combined?

ozomulsion
12-10-2005, 04:48 PM

Right click on the image, then click on properties, compare to the rules.

REB
12-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanx ozo. Yeah it seems to be ok.

Play2win
12-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Good Call. Perfectly said. :thumbsup:

-Fixed my Sig, guess it was still there from MONTHS ago... ;D

ludo21
12-10-2005, 05:40 PM
now all i need is somone to make me a sweet sig. :thumbs:

With Fox, and DW of course. ;D

Taco John
12-10-2005, 05:53 PM

No. That would not fit within either of the two options. :ban:

Edit: It does now...

Northman
12-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Tj is the man!

Taco John
12-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Tj is the man!

If I'm the man, you're the man. Just look at that sig! Nicely done!

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Okay, so do they show up on every post you've ever done, or just the new ones posted after you upload your signature. I uploaded mine, so if it's not visible, then I did something wrong.

So this is basically a test. Move along - nothing to see here.

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Cool.

Taco John
12-10-2005, 06:22 PM
I should note that anything over six lines of text is over 100 pixels high.

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 06:24 PM
2) I have seen this cool feature on other boards that I think we ought to consider. It's sort of like eBay's feedback system. It basically gives other board members the opportunity to express opinions as to whose posts they like and don't like. Each person is given a numerical score that accumulates as others leave their feedback regarding good and bad posts. It seems like it could really be a helpful thing around here.
I can't believe nobody pointed out what a dumbass I was for this. I tried to make it sound so innocent!

I would like more damn smilies, though. Taco, is this a possibility, or should I just let my dreams be dashed?

Taco John
12-10-2005, 06:33 PM
I can't believe nobody pointed out what a dumbass I was for this. I tried to make it sound so innocent!

I would like more damn smilies, though. Taco, is this a possibility, or should I just let my dreams be dashed?

Heh. I got a good laugh out of it... Good idea on the smilies. Maybe someone should start a smilies thread in the photoshop forum.

Taco John
12-10-2005, 06:37 PM
There. I added a thread about smilies in the Photoshop forum.

DomCasual
12-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Heh. I got a good laugh out of it... Good idea on the smilies. Maybe someone should start a smilies thread in the photoshop forum.
Yeah, but how do you upload them? Is there a way that I am just too ignorant to have known?

Taco John
12-10-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah, but how do you upload them? Is there a way that I am just too ignorant to have known?

Only the Administrator can upload them. I need to refresh a few of them anyway.

OrangeShadow
12-10-2005, 07:40 PM
we cant even use for example imageshack.us?

Pezman
12-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Doh! I guess I better change my siggy ( I forgot I still had it as my old siggy from back in the day) :)

OrangeCrush77
12-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Doh! I guess I better change my siggy ( I forgot I still had it as my old siggy from back in the day) :)
That sig's awesome! Is it within the size limits though...

TheManeMan
12-10-2005, 11:23 PM
Is my sig in proper sizing?!?!?

Please let me know...

PatsWin2002
12-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I think it would be great to get these 2 mullet smileys into the system. :)

Well, at least one!

SoCalBronco
12-10-2005, 11:34 PM
good stuff, Boss.

Kaylore
12-10-2005, 11:39 PM

Well, at least one!
Patswin brings up what I think could be a larger improvement and that is we could stand to add more smilies.

But thanks for the Sigs too! ;D

PatsWin2002
12-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Patswin brings up what I think could be a larger improvement and that is we could stand to add more smilies.

But thanks for the Sigs too! ;D

DomCasual is asking for more smilies. I think it's a great idea. It reminded me of those 2 mullet smilies I had on hand.......from the result of someone here saying (a long time ago) "too bad we don't have a smiley with a mullet".

So, I scoured the internet and came up with those 2 a while back - and the rest is history!

We also gotta get that Gus one to slam his head again. :gus:

DomCasual
12-11-2005, 01:29 AM

Well, at least one!
Those are great. I wish we would have had them last week for the Chefs.

DomCasual
12-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Dude, looking at your signature made me have a seizure. There's just a lot of stuff going on there.

I am afraid, however, that I am going to have to report you to a moderator regarding the size of your signature. Sorry, I hate to do it. But they're not bad people. Maybe they'll work with you!

Taco John
12-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Is my sig in proper sizing?!?!?

Please let me know...

Everything except the anti raiders smilies... If you go over 300 wide, you can only go 100 tall for the total sig. The entire thing has to fit in one box, or the other.

Rock Chalk
12-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Can we keep the signatures (text AND images) to football related ONLY?

Im not interested in the political takes of any of our members being displayed everytime they post.

Dagmar
12-11-2005, 11:28 AM

Im not interested in the political takes of any of our members being displayed everytime they post.

What about random silliness?

SJ Bronco
12-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Dagmar, were did you find that cat fight flick there, thats hilarious!!

Taco John
12-11-2005, 12:54 PM

We'll see how it goes...

Dagmar
12-11-2005, 12:59 PM
We'll see how it goes...
SURELY as long as they are not NSFW it's fine?

???

Northman
12-11-2005, 01:01 PM
I dont see a problem with mine and i dont care about anybody's political view. That's their problem.

SJ Bronco
12-11-2005, 01:07 PM
I need a sharks banner if anyone wants to help out...anyone...come on!

minibronco
12-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Good job TJ. The sig turn off really helps. THanks!

Taco John
12-11-2005, 01:12 PM
I need a sharks banner if anyone wants to help out...anyone...come on!

If you go to the Photoshop forum, there are people there helping with siggys...

SJ Bronco
12-11-2005, 01:27 PM
I did, i'm just posting everywhere, trying to get a few submissions...hehehehehe

Nuggets4
12-11-2005, 02:32 PM

Then ignore the political ones. Football only would make the board boring. Sports only would still suck, but would be acceptable if we're going to go that route.

Rock Chalk
12-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Then ignore the political ones. Football only would make the board boring. Sports only would still suck, but would be acceptable if we're going to go that route.
Well, football only would make it boring. Hmm, didnt figure Id hear that response on a FOOTBALL message board.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 09:52 PM
We'll see how it goes...

Looks like someone who didn't like the political views expressed in my sig took it upon himself to wipe my sig in spite of the fact that TJ just said "we'll see how it goes."

Not cool!

tsk tsk

This kind of behavior isn't appropriate for a moderator, IMO.

Taco John
12-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Looks like someone who didn't like the political views expressed in my sig took it upon himself to wipe my sig in spite of the fact that TJ just said "we'll see how it goes."

Not cool!

tsk tsk

This kind of behavior isn't appropriate for a moderator, IMO.

What happened? That shouldn't have happened.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 10:01 PM
What happened? That shouldn't have happened.

My sig was two lines of text that read "Less Bush, More America," and "Only political opportunism - not terrorism - are important enough to interrupt a Bush vacation."

No inappropriate language, no name-calling or slurs.

Someone (AlecR? He was complaining, after all) removed the sig.

Northman
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM
My sig was two lines of text that read "Less Bush, More America," and "Only political opportunism - not terrorism - are important enough to interrupt a Bush vacation."

I dont see anything wrong with that either. Pretty tacky to remove it if that is what happened.

Pezman
12-11-2005, 10:04 PM

Sorry LABF. That was my bad but an honest mistake. I was under the impression that we were going football only sigs. Feel free to put it back up :thumbs:

By the way, LABF, I was gonna respond to you in PM but your messages have been disabled?

Taco John
12-11-2005, 10:05 PM
It wasn't Alec. It was a misunderstanding with another mod.

Northman
12-11-2005, 10:07 PM

TJ, what exactly is your Av supposed to represent? i know its off topic but it has drawn my curiosity.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry LABF. That was my bad but an honest mistake. I was under the impression that we were going football only sigs. Feel free to put it back up :thumbs:

By the way, LABF, I was gonna respond to you in PM but your messages have been disabled?

Thanks for the clarification.

I disabled PM's a long time ago because of the hate mail, death threats, etc., I was getting from the "family values" contingent.

Cool. I assumed it was Alec because he was the one who was complaining.

My bad.

Northman
12-11-2005, 10:14 PM

I disabled PM's a long time ago because of the hate mail, death threats, etc., I was getting from the "family values" contingent.

My bad.

You actually got death threats from here? wow, thats pretty pathetic.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 10:24 PM
You actually got death threats from here? wow, thats pretty pathetic.

Yep, and yep - but not surprising.

Pezman
12-11-2005, 10:29 PM
Yep, and yep - but not surprising.

Maybe someday there will be a vBulletin mode out there where you can set up PM's to ignore/block offending members. Like I said, if you ever get a threatening message in the future, be sure to let one of us know. That is the last thing we need on a board is something so criminal. Disgusting indeed.

Taco John
12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
TJ, what exactly is your Av supposed to represent? i know its off topic but it has drawn my curiosity.

I'm a fan of System of a Down. It's their album artwork. My interpretation of the image is that it's Father Time. And let me tell you. Father Time is a Grabowski if ever there was one...

Ratboy
12-11-2005, 11:26 PM

I find this hard to believe.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 11:33 PM
I find this hard to believe.

Got reading comprehension?

Sorry LABF. That was my bad but an honest mistake. I was under the impression that we were going football only sigs. Feel free to put it back up

Ratboy
12-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Got reading comprehension?

You obviously missed the point. :-/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
You obviously missed the point. :-/

No - you obviously attempted to 'join the discussion' without first reading the posts that would have clued you in as to the topic being discussed, i.e., my sig (see below.)

Ratboy
12-11-2005, 11:44 PM
No - you obviously attempted to 'join the discussion' without first reading the posts that would have clued you in as to the topic being discussed, i.e., my sig (see below.)

I was referring to your personal insults in another forum.

But you know.. Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Atlas
12-11-2005, 11:47 PM

Is it?? I thought it was the Amazon... LOL

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 11:48 PM
I was referring to your personal insults in another forum.

Thanks for making my point for me.

The discussion here was about the content of my sig - not about something on some other forum.

And you live in a houseboat on that river, to be sure.

Ratboy
12-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Thanks for making my point for me.

The discussion here was about the content of my sig - not about something on some other forum.

And you live in a houseboat on that river, to be sure.

I'm not sure if you understand what i'm saying or spinning your way around it. Maybe you just don't understand sarcasm.

"A" for effort.

You can go back to the political forum. You popped your head in the Broncos forum, we know you're here.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm not sure if you understand what i'm saying or spinning your way around it. Maybe you just don't understand sarcasm.

"A" for effort.

What I (and anyone else who can read) understand is that you attempted to butt into a discussion without first understanding the topic at hand and ended up embarrassing yourself in the process (as usual.)

You can go back to the political forum. You popped your head in the Broncos forum, we know you're here.

I'd tell you where you can go, but, after all, this is a family-friendly forum.

Atlas
12-12-2005, 12:02 AM
It's nice to know Repubicans and Democrats can come together in the untited cause of getting the Broncos to the Superbowl.

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 12:12 AM

My bad.
It's too bad things like that happen.

On the other hand, I was thinking about sending you hate mail because your avatar is about to make my brain explode.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 12:17 AM
On the other hand, I was thinking about sending you hate mail because your avatar is about to make my brain explode.

Not trying to be glib here, but do you have epilepsy or something?

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 12:19 AM
Not trying to be glib here, but do you have epilepsy or something?
If I did, you sure would feel like a shmuck right about now. ;)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 12:21 AM
If I did, you sure would feel like a shmuck right about now. ;)

Err, no...that's why I prefaced my question with "not trying to be glib here..."

Pick Six
12-12-2005, 12:26 AM
It's nice to know Repubicans and Democrats can come together in the united cause of getting the Broncos to the Superbowl.

LOL 'aint it special?ROFL!

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 12:29 AM
Err, no...that's why I prefaced my question with "not trying to be glib here..."
Well - typically, when a person prefaces a question or comment with "not trying to be glib here," it means that glibness is forthcoming. If the intention was to avoid being glib, the question/comment would probably not be asked/made to begin with.

But no, I don't have epilepsy - thanks for the concern. You have to admit that you have a lot going on in your avatar.

I'm just saying, because I thought it might be helpful.

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 12:33 AM
By the way, I'm really not trying to start a fight with you. I say that preemptively, assuming you were offended by my original comment. I was just trying to make a light comment. I agree wholeheartedly with your avatar.

And I really wouldn't send you hate mail.

Atlas
12-12-2005, 12:35 AM
And I really wouldn't send you hate mail.

I just did. F@#$ing liberals

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Well - typically, when a person prefaces a question or comment with "not trying to be glib here," it means that glibness is forthcoming.

"Usually?"

In your experience, perhaps.

If the intention was to avoid being glib, the question/comment would probably not be asked/made to begin with.

Not at all. The question was legit and was intended to make sense of your complaints about my avatar.

You have to admit that you have a lot going on in your avatar.

And, for you, "a lot going on" has a negative connotation in this instance, e.g., makes your "head explode," etc.

I find it puzzling that you are the only person here who has expressed this sentiment, (most others have given the thumbs up) hence my question about epilepsy.

I'm just saying, because I thought it might be helpful.

"Helpful" meaning "I should concern myself with what DomCasual finds aesthetically pleasing before I conceive of my next avatar?"

No offense, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 12:45 AM
I just did. F@#$ing liberals

:laugh:

"LABF, why don't we ever see you on the main forum?"

"LABF, what are you doing here? Why don't you just go back to the War and Politics forum?"

They are a confused bunch, you gotta admit. :D

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 01:10 AM
No offense, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
You seem to get angry a lot. Loosen up a little - you'll live longer.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 01:15 AM
You seem to get angry a lot. Loosen up a little - you'll live longer.

You seem to enjoy busting people chops and then feigning surprise when they respond to you. Anger is the appropriate response when someone steps on your d_ck. Learning to use your anger to stand up for yourself when appropriate will help you to live longer as well.

Rock Chalk
12-12-2005, 07:25 AM
You seem to enjoy busting people chops and then feigning surprise when they respond to you. Anger is the appropriate response when someone steps on your d_ck. Learning to use your anger to stand up for yourself when appropriate will help you to live longer as well.
This from the whiner who left me a negative comment because I asked him to remove the politics from his signature? What a ****ing panty waste.

RhymesayersDU
12-12-2005, 07:57 AM
I see why people hate LABF. It has nothing to do with his party affiliation, it has everything to do with him being a complete douche bag.

Nuggets4
12-12-2005, 10:11 AM
This thread will be in the Butt in 3...... 2....... 1......

REB
12-12-2005, 10:45 AM
LOL@ LABF! Pissin' people off wherever he goes. Throw another fist full of darts at your Bush dart board and get back in the Politics forum where you belong Pinko...(In my best Cartman voice)... Bad pinko commie...thwack :wave:

And BTW Taco, thanx for turning back on the sigs. Good job. :thumbsup:

1-2-3-:Broncos:!!!!!!! :charge:

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 12:06 PM
I see why people hate LABF. It has nothing to do with his party affiliation, it has everything to do with him being a complete douche bag.
:giggle:

Sean
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
This from the whiner who left me a negative comment because I asked him to remove the politics from his signature? What a ****ing panty waste.

Perhaps it will help if you whine about it some more.

:thumbs:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 04:45 PM

I told you that threatening to boot me out of a thread just because you disagreed with the political views expressed in my sig was an abuse of your power as a mod.

That's not "whining" - it's called "holding you accountable."

Ed: I just read the verbally abusive, name-calling, expletive-laced rep comment you left for me. How can someone like you be a moderator here? I don't get it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 04:48 PM

If not taking any sh_t from your right-wing buddies makes me a "complete douche bag" then so be it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 04:55 PM
LOL@ LABF! Pissin' people off wherever he goes.

LOL@ REB and his pals getting their panties in a huge wad because of two little lines of text in my sig.

Throw another fist full of darts at your Bush dart board and get back in the Politics forum where you belong...

I'd tell you where you should go too, but this is a PG-rated forum.

Pinko...(In my best Cartman voice)... Bad pinko commie...thwack

Jeez, just what we need around here: One more product of our failed educational system who doesn't understand the difference between liberalism and communism. :pity:

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Ed: I just read the verbally abusive, name-calling, expletive-laced rep comment you left for me. How can someone like you be a moderator here? I don't get it.
Did I miss Alec's getting appointed to the prestigious position of moderator?

LABF, I have no history with you. Thus, I can honestly say I have no bias for or against you. That being said, you do come across as being strangely angry and sensitive.

I don't hang out in the politics forum, so there may be some history of which I am not aware. But good lord, this is a football forum. People poke fun at each other all the time. Get over it!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't hang out in the politics forum, so there may be some history of which I am not aware.

That pretty much sums it up.

Did I miss Alec's getting appointed to the prestigious position of moderator?

Am I wrong on that account?

He has been thretening to delete my posts because he doesn't like my sig.

I thought only mods could delete posts.

BTW, are the following rep comments an example of the sort of temperament you look for in a mod?

You really are the biggest dip**** on the face of Earth aren't you? Go suck Osama's dick some more.

Eat ****. I dont carea bout your politics. I dont want to see ANY politics in sigs. Post in the photoshop forum again with it and I will delete your post(s). Cry to TJ about it some more b****, it aint gonna help.

Just wondering.

ak1971
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM
ok who left the door open and let LA "Broncos Fan" out of his spam room?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 05:50 PM
That being said, you do come across as being strangely angry and sensitive.

Gee, that's funny.

If that's the case, then why is it that your right-thinking buddies go crying to the mods everytime I look cross-eyed at them, whereas I've never once complained to the mods about anything - despite much verbal abuse, name-calling, death threats, etc, from these same individuals?

But do keep getting it bass-ackwards if you must - the irony is rather amusing.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 05:53 PM

Translation:

"If I can't win the political debate, then I guess my only recourse is to claim he's not really a Broncos fan."

How pathetic.

ak1971
12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
Translation:

"If I can't win the political debate, then I guess my only recourse is to claim he's not really a Broncos fan."

How pathetic.

huh???

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
huh???

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
People poke fun at each other all the time. Get over it!

And some people can dish it out but can't take it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:05 PM
A quick recap of what just happened here:

1) This was a thread about signatures.

2) I asked for clarification re: my sig.

3) TJ and Pezman answered.

4) The usual right-wing trolls proceded to hijack the thread and turn it into a flame war.

I think that just about covers it.

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Gee, that's funny.

If that's the case, then why is it that your right-thinking buddies go crying to the mods everytime I look cross-eyed at them, whereas I've never once complained to the mods about anything - despite much verbal abuse, name-calling, death threats, etc, from these same individuals?

But do keep getting it bass-ackwards if you must - the irony is rather amusing.
Why don't you post your death threats? I'd love to see them. You bring them up as if they are some sort of badge of honor.

This is what I am guessing. You act like a pompous ass - you seem to be good at that. Someone responds with a profanity-laced PM. It goes back and forth for awhile, and somewhere along the way, someone writes that you should have your ass kicked. That is not a death threat. It is a comment made by some pimpy-faced kid from his parents' basement.

And your beef with me was over a stupid comment I made about your avatar. You have no idea which way I lean politically. Your anger apparently caused you to forget that.

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 06:12 PM

2) I am as crazy as a ****house rat.

4) The usual right-wing trolls proceded to hijack the thread and turn it into a flame war.

5) I am a drama queen, so in spite of said issues with my signature being nothing more than a simple misunderstanding - a misunderstanding for which an apology was given - I started spouting things about death threats and how mistreated I am.

I fixed it for you.

RhymesayersDU
12-12-2005, 06:22 PM

You could have summed it up much quicker:

http://www.aitinstitute.org/Index%20Page%20art/crying%20boy.jpg

Ratboy
12-12-2005, 06:23 PM

Let me guess, The mods are treating you "unfairly" again?

Gcver2ver3
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
you've done well Taco John......thnx

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Why don't you post your death threats?

If you'd been paying attention, you'd have noticed where I said they were PMs and that I disabled PM.

I'd love to see them.

I have no doubt that you'd be waiting for them with a bottle of Jergens and a big box of Kleenex.

You bring them up as if they are some sort of badge of honor.

Um, actually, I brought them up because someone wanted to know why I didn't have PMs enabled.

Another lapse in attention and/or reading comprehension on your part.

This is what I am guessing. You act like a pompous ass - you seem to be good at that. Someone responds with a profanity-laced PM. It goes back and forth for awhile, and somewhere along the way, someone writes that you should have your ass kicked. That is not a death threat. It is a comment made by some pimpy-faced kid from his parents' basement.

Strike three for Miss Cleo.

About time to apply some Windex to your crystal ball, I'd say.

And your beef with me was over a stupid comment I made about your avatar.

"Beef" with you?

You were the one who kept busting my chops about the avatar - and then you acted surprised and indignant when I finally responded to you.

I am a drama queen, so in spite of said issues with my signature being nothing more than a simple misunderstanding - a misunderstanding for which an apology was given - I started spouting things about death threats and how mistreated I am.

More accurately:

"Hi, my name is DomCasual, and I'm a troll who likes to hijack discussions about which I don't have the requisite facts or history and to turn them into flame wars so as to have sufficient stroke fodder for an evening."

That about sums it up.

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM
That about sums it up.
Whatever, my friend. It appears everyone misunderstands you. Add me to the list, I guess. It must be lonely being the only one on the face of the planet that can ever be right about things.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:35 PM

Let me guess: You've decided to come back for another shot at hijacking a thread about sig issues for your own petty personal reasons?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Whatever, my friend. It appears everyone misunderstands you.

Not everyone - just those people who didn't get their GEDs.

It must be lonely being the only one on the face of the planet that can ever be right about things.

You sound like a man of experience.

RhymesayersDU
12-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Whatever, my friend. It appears everyone misunderstands you. Add me to the list, I guess. It must be lonely being the only one on the face of the planet that can ever be right about things.
He is a liberal, after all.

Ratboy
12-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Let me guess: You've decided to come back for another shot at hijacking a thread about sig issues for your own petty personal reasons?

I never had a problem with your sig. I have a problem with your personal insults and attacks on people than complain when someone has a problem with it and cry about how the mods are treating you unfair.

DomCasual
Wait, I thought someone said he was a communist.

I'm confused.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN

Nope - the mods were quite helpful (right before you decided to hijack this thread.)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:44 PM
I never had a problem with your sig. I have a problem with your personal insults and attacks on people than complain when someone has a problem with it and cry about how the mods are treating you unfair.

If you have a problem with "personal attacks and insults" then what makes you think a thread about sig policies is the proper forum to address your concerns?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:45 PM

All the more reason for you to help hijack a thread about sig issues, eh?

DomCasual
12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
Nope - the mods were quite helpful (right before you decided to hijack this thread.)
Dude, your avatar is making my brain feel like it is going to explode. And how come none of the pictures line up? It looks like Jake Plummer's left arm has somehow fused onto Mike Anderson's body. It's like Photoshop vomited.

(Just thought I'd bring the thread back on topic, per your request).

Taco John
12-12-2005, 06:52 PM
I don't care what you guys want to fight about... I'm not interested. I just wanted to drop a reminder that sigs have to be standard by thursday of this week... I have a mod or two who are itchy about revoking signature privledges of those who aren't within the rigid size guidelines. For my part, I'm happy to hear it. :)

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
12-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Dude, your avatar is making my brain feel like it is going to explode.

That sounds awful.

Maybe you should see a neurologist about that.

Could be dangerous - just think about all those flashing traffic signals out there and soforth.

And how come none of the pictures line up? It looks like Jake Plummer's left arm has somehow fused onto Mike Anderson's body. It's like Photoshop vomited.

Still laboring under the misconception that I care about your opinion re: my avatar, are we?

Grandiosity: It is a b*tch.

(Just thought I'd bring the thread back on topic, per your request).

If you look at the thread title again, you'll see that it's about sigs - not avatars.

Distinctions: They are also a b*tch.

Bronx33
12-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I knew bringing back sigs would be nothing but trouble......lol

Blueflame
12-12-2005, 08:24 PM
I don't care what you guys want to fight about... I'm not interested. I just wanted to drop a reminder that sigs have to be standard by thursday of this week... I have a mod or two who are itchy about revoking signature privledges of those who aren't within the rigid size guidelines. For my part, I'm happy to hear it. :)

I'm not exactly eager to begin signature enforcement, per se... however... it's a tough job but someone has to do it. ;D

Nuggets4
12-13-2005, 09:25 AM

I can just see Fader sitting there staring at his watch, seeing that it's 11:59 pm on Wednesday night and grinning madly.

I knew bringing back sigs would be nothing but trouble......lol

Nice signature! ;)

broncocalijohn
12-20-2005, 03:24 AM
CAN WE SEND "frowns" TO THE CHOKELAND FAIDER SITE?

Nuggets4
04-08-2006, 10:58 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=13979&stc=1&d=1134252895

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=13980&stc=1&d=1134252900

*snip*

This rule goes in effect on Thursday, December 15.

December 15th of 2005?

Pezman
08-30-2007, 11:46 PM
Bump for BroncoBuff

Taco John
08-31-2007, 12:57 AM
...and everyone else...

We have signature rules in place for a reason. Threads turn into carnivals otherwise. I'm all for people expressing themselves, and our signature sizes are large enough to adequately accomplish this.

ZachKC
10-09-2007, 04:25 AM
j