PDA

View Full Version : is there a FOOTBALL FORUM?

CHEF LUIGI
12-01-2005, 10:22 AM
I usually post at the "FREAK" but presently it is down for the count, and does not appear to be getting off the canvas.
I seldom come to the MANE because every thread turns into a spitting contest!
I wonder, is there a thread where the participants confine themselves to talking serious football, without all the child-like name calling, and often moronic tangents ?
I love the broncos and football, just seeking some intelligent conversation, Am I in the wrong place?

RhymesayersDU
12-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately, yes.

Especially this week.

Hotrod
12-01-2005, 10:24 AM
I usually post at the "FREAK" but presently it is down for the count, and does not appear to be getting off the canvas.
I seldom come to the MANE because every thread turns into a spitting contest! I wonder, is there a thread where the participants confine themselves to talking serious football, without all the child-like name calling, and often moronic tangents ?
I love the broncos and football, just seeking some intelligent conversation, Am I in the wrong place?

Does anyone see the irony here???

Sorry you dont like the place good-bye _i_O_i_

SJ Bronco
12-01-2005, 10:25 AM
yes, look, im a football fnataic to the core, I eat sleep and piss football, but if all this forum did was spit up football, id just stick to talk radio. pick your threads, pick your moment, if you don't like the convo, split, you can't railroad a couple hundred personalitys into a proper discussion that YOU enjoy. Have fun and post, or don't let the doornob hit ya, ya know? I happen to like the characters here, it makes it worth my time.

Meck77
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
I wonder, is there a thread where the participants confine themselves to talking serious football, without all the child-like name calling, and often moronic tangents ?

With posts like this I think you'll fit right into the childish threads. Hate to call you out like this but to start a Non-football related thread on the main forum and after looking thru your posts I think it's pretty clear you get into the same "pissing contests" just like the rest of us. It's Chiefs week. Expect some trash talking.

Oh and yes Spider I find if very IRONIC that this dude starts a thread bashing on the Mane while he claims he doesn't like "pissing contests". You don't come in someone's house with mud on your feet and not expect some backlash.

CHEF LUIGI
winning recipe man

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey, all those white guys look the same, especially in uniform.
I dont want to sound like a bigot but they remind me of a box of ritz ...crackers, they all look the same..

2KBack
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM

You get what you give around here man. make an intelligent post and you will get an intelligent response, insult the population...you see where I'm going with this

bendog
12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Does anyone see the irony here???

Sorry you dont like the place good-bye _i_O_i_
no kidding. And apparantly he didn't look for the non smack thread, assuming one of his "tribe" didn't pee all over it.

DomCasual
12-01-2005, 10:34 AM
It's Chiefs week. What do you expect.

What's wrong with BroncosFreak? It's funny. What you just said about this place was my exact impression of BroncosFreak, when I was trying to figure out which one I liked best.

rbackfactory80
12-01-2005, 10:39 AM
I heard of a great site for intellectuals. I believe the name was Chiefs Planet.

SJ Bronco
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM
LMMFAO!!! LOL that was so true it was funny

TheDave
12-01-2005, 10:49 AM
100 posts that's all i ask for...

CHEF LUIGI
12-01-2005, 10:50 AM
perhaps my moniker has stimulated all this anamosity.
It is CHEF, not cheif.
The point about mud on my feet is well taken, I was just hoping to find some bona-fide football discussion instead of all this ""your wife and sister are the same person" stuff.
As for the "FREAK" plenty of clowns in that circus too.
Just trying to find some football amongst the madness and the "characters"
I did not come here to urinate in anyones cornflakes, unless of course they are raiders fans.
( although I would guess they are used to the taste and aroma)
I will have a peek at the "non-smack" thread, that appears to be the answer to my question without all the unbridled hostility.
Have a good day folks.
GO BRONCOS!

ozomulsion
12-01-2005, 10:55 AM

Not during Chief week pal.

Mile High Shack
12-01-2005, 10:56 AM
100 posts that's all i ask for...

I'm not as generous as you

I say 500

TheDave
12-01-2005, 10:58 AM

I say 500

Damn bleeding heart liberal in me keeps sneaking out ;D

Rock Chalk
12-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Yeah, like the Freak has intelligent football discussion.

DomCasual
12-01-2005, 11:03 AM
Sounds like it has no football discussion, right about now.

bendog
12-01-2005, 11:11 AM
seriously, chef, use the forum search tool to find the "smack free" thread and give it your 2cents worth. no offense intended. But the sad fact is anyother thread will ulitmately become infected by boob or roy or red grange even if it has nothing to do with the chefs.

brncs_fan
12-01-2005, 11:12 AM

I say 500
I would still be another 100 posts away. The again my threads do usually suck.

Rock Chalk
12-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I would still be another 100 posts away. The again my threads do usually suck.
Dont worry about it. Most threads suck.

TheDave
12-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Dont worry about it. Most threads suck.

Yeah but his really bite!

CHEF LUIGI
12-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Sounds like it has no football discussion, right about now.
"DOWN FOR CONSTRUCTION"
I guess they are building a padded forum where all the deranged cheifs trolls can come and play without injuring themselves.
Either that or a "stench detector" that will emmediatly prohibit any raiders fans from entering.

Hotrod
This could all be fixed if Taco would just give me Mod powers :yep:

brncs_fan
Yeah but his really bite!
In all actuality, 90% of my threads are articles and the weekly power rankings thread.

Bronx33
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM

Welcome to CHEFS Week

TheDave
12-01-2005, 11:17 AM
In all actuality, 90% of my threads are articles and the weekly power rankings thread.

just playin' with you...all is good!

Blueflame
12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
"DOWN FOR CONSTRUCTION"
I guess they are building a padded forum where all the deranged cheifs trolls can come and play without injuring themselves.
Either that or a "stench detector" that will emmediatly prohibit any raiders fans from entering.

Raiders fan sightings are almost as rare these days as Bolts fans sightings used to be a couple of years ago (before the bandwagon). LOL

DomCasual
12-01-2005, 11:18 AM
This could all be fixed if Taco would just give me Mod powers :yep:
Why? Saying you have them is almost as good as the real thing. ;D

brncs_fan
12-01-2005, 11:19 AM
just playin' with you...all is good!
I figured, but I had to get my self esteam back up though before I got all Vermeil on everyone. :vermeil:

Hotrod
12-01-2005, 11:20 AM
Why? Saying you have them is almost as good as the real thing. ;D

Ha! I just have to be sure the person Im using my "powers" on is not someone who already knows Im full of ****.

Meck77
Ha!

Oh Raenos you crack me up dude. I can't tell if you are an Omaner supporter one week or a Freak lover the next.

I'm a member of both and even post on the Broncos board. It's become one big online community of Broncos fans IMO with people crossing over to alot of them.

I meet people in the parking lots and know their online handles but I can't even recall which board they post on because in many cases it's all three.

CHEF LUIGI
seriously, chef, use the forum search tool to find the "smack free" thread and give it your 2cents worth. no offense intended. But the sad fact is anyother thread will ulitmately become infected by boob or roy or red grange even if it has nothing to do with the chefs.
I found the thread, thanks.
Of course I realize that all threads will encounter some form of "infestation"
I was just finding it difficult to read any worthwhile football comments.
The smack -free thread appears to be what I am looking for, thanks.
Dont get me wrong, I enjoy this kind of "banter" as well too.
I am going to home depot right now to get me a ball-ping hammer and I will be right back!

Sly_Eli
12-05-2013, 02:44 PM
hmm

whoeey
12-05-2013, 03:03 PM
thanks op for this thread about football

Natedogg
12-05-2013, 03:06 PM
hmm

hmm, indeed.

Irish Stout
12-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I hate these old bumps… especially when they're 8 years old almost to the day.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2013, 03:10 PM
**** these bumps, it so confusing. I thought Hotrod had made an appearance again. Was already starting a PM seeing if he wanted to help me call Tatum Bell's cell phone kiosk and piss off TJ again.

Kaylore
12-05-2013, 03:13 PM
I wish they would ban thread necromancy here like they do on every other forum.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
12-05-2013, 03:16 PM
**** these bumps, it so confusing. I thought Hotrod had made an appearance again. Was already starting a PM seeing if he wanted to help me call Tatum Bell's cell phone kiosk and piss off TJ again.

I wasn't around back then but his posts seem funny to me. Was he an ahole or fun to watch him do work.

Pick Six
12-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I wasn't around back then but his posts seem funny to me. Was he an ahole or fun to watch him do work.

Hotrod was cool. Dortoh, however, was another story...LOL

(In case you didn't catch that, spell Hotrod backwards and you get his alter ego.)

crush17
12-05-2013, 03:22 PM

I wish the mods would actually moderate.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
12-05-2013, 03:29 PM
Hotrod was cool. Dortoh, however, was another story...LOL

(In case you didn't catch that, spell Hotrod backwards and you get his alter ego.)

I came across Dortoh a few times. I can't remember but I don't think it ended well.

theAPAOps5
12-05-2013, 03:34 PM

He was and is my favorite poster here. Between pissing off people in the annual Survivor game to calling Tatum Bell, I by far had way too much fun.

OBF1
12-05-2013, 03:35 PM

LMAO... now that is funnyLOL

Powderaddict
12-05-2013, 03:40 PM
If you guys want heavy moderation visit forums.denverbroncos.com

I'd rather err on the side of "not enough" moderation than "too much".

Drunken.Broncoholic2
12-05-2013, 03:49 PM

I'd rather err on the side of "not enough" moderation than "too much".

I was banned there within 5 mins. IP address

CHEF LUIGI
12-05-2013, 03:55 PM

I'd rather err on the side of "not enough" moderation than "too much".you just have to have an opinion different from a mod to get banned. or ask why a mod felt justified in eliminating one of your posts. just questioning the motivation of a mod is cause for banishment.
its a lovely 'off with their heads' mentality.

alkemical
12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

I'm a fan of using existing threads.

Kaylore
12-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm a fan of using existing threads.

If the existing thread is a running thread of ongoing information that is regularly updated, I agree. If it is ancient and bumping it is confusing, I am not.

alkemical
12-05-2013, 09:27 PM
I dunno: its kind of like a really good acid flashback.

Kaylore
12-05-2013, 10:01 PM
I dunno: its kind of like a really good acid flashback.

You have a perspective that I lack.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
12-06-2013, 07:11 AM
You get what you give around here man. make an intelligent post and you will get an intelligent response, insult the population...you see where I'm going with this

I think he should just run the 40.

Archer81
12-06-2013, 07:22 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Zjwo4.gif

:Broncos:

Pony Boy
12-06-2013, 09:29 AM

The only good thing about a bump from 2005 is it brings back memories of Jake Plummer, Rod Smith, Al Wilson, Trevor Pryce and Champ Bailey.

bronco militia
12-06-2013, 09:32 AM
thread bumps are awesome...some of you bitches will bitch about anything