PDA

View Full Version : How come no one is dissing Reid?

Merlin
11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Shannahan brings in a couple of players that he later cuts directly and indirectly, and the media (and some people here) ridicule him for wasting a draft choice, and wasting valuable practice time. Yes, he has had some whoppers in the FA market, but none, and I mean, NONE, have blown in his face and his team like TO. Where are the likes of BS who slobber over the genius of the Eagles FO? Where are the so called journalists who like to hold coaches accountable for mistakes? Well, I guess it would have made better reading if the fiasco had happened under the watch of Shannahan and company.

bigpeewee
11-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Shannahan brings in a couple of players that he later cuts directly and indirectly, and the media (and some people here) ridicule him for wasting a draft choice, and wasting valuable practice time. Yes, he has had some whoppers in the FA market, but none, and I mean, NONE, have blown in his face and his team like TO. Where are the likes of BS who slobber over the genius of the Eagles FO? Where are the so called journalists who like to hold coaches accountable for mistakes? Well, I guess it would have made better reading if the fiasco had happened under the watch of Shannahan and company.

Hey, I would love to diss on Andy Reid, but I respect the guy for sacking up the way he did and basically correcting the mistake that he made bringing HIM in.

The Eagles may have been Ok except for they have a beaten up QB and are losing key players almost weekly at this point.

I hate the Eagles and their fans, but I respect Reid and Donovan McNabb. I still think HE is a great wide receiver, if he could shut his mouth for five minutes...Maybe he can start new with another team (maybe Denver or Dallas). But the Eagles will be back on track next year.

ugh!~

Merlin
11-23-2005, 05:35 PM
Don't get me wrong, I respect Reid, but I don't care at all for the double standard. This was a total fiasco, and one that many people some coming before he even signed with the Eagles. Many other coaches (however, not yours) would have been crucified here and the media, that was my point.

-Slap-
11-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Its that global anti-Bronco conspiracy rearing its ugly head again.

http://eagle2.american.edu/~nl1125a/paranoia.jpg

Dagmar
11-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey, I would love to diss on Andy Reid, but I respect the guy for sacking up the way he did and basically correcting the mistake that he made bringing HIM in.

The Eagles may have been Ok except for they have a beaten up QB and are losing key players almost weekly at this point.

I hate the Eagles and their fans, but I respect Reid and Donovan McNabb. I still think HE is a great wide receiver, if he could shut his mouth for five minutes...Maybe he can start new with another team (maybe Denver or Dallas). But the Eagles will be back on track next year.

ugh!~
"Mistake" bring HIM in can be argued. Regular season with TO, 17-4, games without TO 0-5. But then you have last years playoffs... who knows.

ludo21
11-23-2005, 05:46 PM
good topic!

I agree, Reid did own up, but NONE of Shannys Moves turned out like this.

bigpeewee
11-23-2005, 05:46 PM
"Mistake" bring HIM in can be argued. Regular season with TO, 17-4, games without TO 0-5. But then you have last years playoffs... who knows.

Really Reid should have benched HIM when he began yelling at Donovan during the Pittsburgh game last year...

bigpeewee
11-23-2005, 05:48 PM
good topic!

I agree, Reid did own up, but NONE of Shannys Moves turned out like this.

I cant think of too many coaches who have had something like this happen. Shanahan didnt make a mistake with Clarett; he gave the guy a shot and he couldnt hang. But the Broncs are now 8-2.

But you cant blame Reid for bringing the guy in at the time. If he didnt the rest of the league would have lined up (except New England)...

Merlin
11-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Actually, from the point of view of achievements last year, he arguably only affects the points outcome of the final game. They got him to get to the SB, and got there without him (they would have been fine in the regular season without him). So in the end, his value was to get the final prize. Despite his valiant effort, they did not. The 0-5 is more a reflection of how these yr the Eagles are falling appart due to many reasons, TO antics included.

clean
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
TO contributed, IHOP did not.

Spider
11-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Basicaly I dont bash Shanny , but Andy Ried is a Eagles Problem ........

DBroncos4life
11-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Its hard to find faults in Reid because he is a good coach but a sometime you have to believe the Eagles will pull the plug on him just like the Bucs pulled the plug on TD.

Merlin
11-23-2005, 06:14 PM
TO contributed, IHOP did not.
True, but then the wake of IHOP destruction is minuscule in comparison to TO's.

watermock
11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
Because Reid hasn't done anything wrong...T.O. created all of this...Reid did everything possible to rein this loose cannon in...the fact of the matter is Rosenhause manipulated T.O. so much to get a new contract or traded that it bit T.O. in the ass. See, the Shark didn't make crap till TO got his new contract...he didn't write the other one.

Sure, it was dumb not to get a solid #2 reciever in Philly and to rely solely on T.O. was insane, but I don't think Reid is the GM anyway...but that isn't the point....McNabb is also out for the year...

This circus got started when T.O.'s old agent screwed up his contract so he couldn't void...that led to a trade, not FA...then T.O. whined his way out of Baltimore and the NFL interviened and bent over backward to let baby have his way....the NFLPA told TO it was a bad deal...but he wanted to go to a "contenda"...so they let him have his way...honestly thinking that TO wanted to get a ring. Well, T.O. wanted the ring, and he also got a new agent that did everything he could to create disruption once it was obvious the Eagles were not going to give him a new contract.

I hate to say this, but even tho T.O. is a mindless jackass, Rosenhouse prodding him to try to act out to get out of his contract has totally backfired...

Has it cost the Shark more than a few dimes and bad Cochran media shots? Not really, but I think it's stained the Shark quite a bit...but the stone cold fact was the Shark manipulated trying to get a new contract...not for T.O...but for himself, and that is going to be noticed.

bigpeewee
11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I agree with that; I think Rosenhouse is the real bad guy here. He is the catalyst of the whole mess.

DBroncos4life
11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
I agree with that; I think Rosenhouse is the real bad guy here. He is the catalyst of the whole mess.

Yeah but Drew didn't hire T.O.

bigpeewee
11-23-2005, 06:36 PM

Im just saying that Drew saw the opportunity to possible get the contract redone; figured he had some leverage and went for it. Where he went wrong is that he couldnt control his client and get through to him what needed to be done.

I dont blame HIM for wanting to get the contract redone, the owners themselves dont honor contracts. But if he was there playing for the Eagles, he needed to chill. Rosenhouse never got that through to him...

clean
11-23-2005, 06:38 PM
True, but then the wake of IHOP destruction is minuscule in comparison to TO's.

Miniscule because TO contributed and IHOP did not. Somewhere down the line, TO will contribute again, and IHOP never took a meaningful snap for the Broncos or the Bengals.

Spider
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
Miniscule because TO contributed and IHOP did not. Somewhere down the line, TO will contribute again, and IHOP never took a meaningful snap for the Broncos or the Bengals.
No need to bring up the money end to your argument ......your argument doesnt stand chance from that point of view........ Gardner was a cheap buy , and a cheap loss , cant say the same for T.O.

Merlin
11-23-2005, 06:41 PM
the NFLPA told TO it was a bad deal...but he wanted to go to a "contenda"...so they let him have his way...honestly thinking that TO wanted to get a ring.
Are you sure about that Mock? I was not aware that the NFLPA advised him against it.

watermock
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM

True, but suppose my stockbrocker tells me to buy MCI, Enron, Global Crossing and the Liberal News Network...do I blindly follow orders?

Philly backloaded that contract for exactly the reason they were afraid of...they were afraid T.O. was a loose cannon and holding back the bonus would ensure his behavior...they were wrong...all parties lost...mostly the Eagles...There is no Team in T.O....none...it's all about himself...that's been obvious for years...he has no respect for anyone.

He's so blacklisted at this point it's insane. There are a few teams that might take a chance on him, but they are quite few now...there is new talent coming out of practice squads and the draft next year...T.O. has to accept that he is now the Jeff George of the NFL.

Bob's your Information Minister
11-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Personally I think Reid is a moron.

watermock
11-23-2005, 06:44 PM
Are you sure about that Mock? I was not aware that the NFLPA advised him against it.

Quite sure. Positive.

ludo21
11-23-2005, 06:47 PM

ya they sure did merlin. i remember many ppl saying TO could have gotten a better deal, but he wanted so badly out of Baltimore he wanted a winning team.

You know what would be funny, what if Drew dropped TO from his care?? Can he do that? Talk about hilarious :spit:

clean
11-23-2005, 06:52 PM
No need to bring up the money end to your argument ......your argument doesnt stand chance from that point of view........ Gardner was a cheap buy , and a cheap loss , cant say the same for T.O.

Never mentioned money once, although Philly certainly got more bang for the buck. Daryl Garnder is best known for late night dining and incendiary radio interviews.

Spider
11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
Never mentioned money once, although Philly certainly got more bang for the buck. Daryl Garnder is best known for late night dining and incendiary radio interviews.
of course you didnt mention money , your argument falls flat ......
D.G. isnt even remembered , he was a free agent bearly over Vet min , as for T.O. missed some of last season , eagles still won without him .....

Raider Bill
11-23-2005, 08:39 PM

Absolutely... Upshaw and company advised him NOT to sign that deal. As far as a line forming for TO's services there were only 2 teams and of the 2 Philly was the only one that was going to redo his deal. (Remember, he was still under contract, not a Free Agent)

I think it's hard to bash Reid, they rolled the dice, it didnt work out. They did get to the Super Bowl after all.

If he had just shut the hell up, he would have cashed an 8 million dollar roster bonus next season.

Raider Bill
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A57473-2005Apr15.html

The NFL Players Association advised wide receiver Terrell Owens last year not to sign the seven-year, nearly $49 million contract with the Philadelphia Eagles that he wants to renegotiate after one season with the team.

A union source said yesterday the deal contains contract language that's unfavorable to Owens. The source declined to elaborate but said Owens told union officials at the time he was ignoring their recommendation because he trusted Eagles Coach Andy Reid.

clean
11-23-2005, 08:44 PM
D.G. isnt even remembered , he was a free agent bearly over Vet min , as for T.O. missed some of last season , eagles still won without him .....
It’s important for me to reemphasize that money has nothing to do with my discussion. I’m comparing TO and IHOP, who was also suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. TO had a Pro Bowl season last year, and IHOP contributed little or nothing to the Broncos. Also, I included a few links to refresh everyone’s memory:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1671241

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6207&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6701&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7559&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7703&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9258&highlight=gardner

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/nfc_roster

Finally, a seven-year, $34.8 million dollar contract that includes a $5 million bonus doesn’t sound like a veteran minimum contract.

ICON
11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1747&dateline=1132027382

Play2win
11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=1747&dateline=1132027382
;D

broncofan
11-23-2005, 11:16 PM
TO is redirecting any criticisms Andy Reid would be recieving to himself. Fans here in Philly have no patience for losing teams, and because of Owens, Reid gets a pass this season. The Birds won't make the playoffs this year, but if they return next year and do the same thing, you better believe Reid will be under the gun, as well as McNabb.

But, as soon as McNabb gets off of that Madden cover they should be in ok shape. Come to think of it...they should put Rosenhaus on the cover...maybe he'll get hit by a car or something...

Play2win
11-23-2005, 11:22 PM
Come to think of it...they should put Rosenhaus on the cover...maybe he'll get hit by a car or something...
Or PUT him in the car, dump it off some cliff, somewhere...

24champ
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Or PUT him in the car, dump it off some cliff, somewhere...
nah leave him in a room with boob....that will do it IMO, think of all the shaving and playing with "cecil" the mannequin....rofl

Taco John
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
How come no one is dissing Reid?

Roughly for the same reason that no one would dis you if you came down with herpes after sleeping with Angelina. Sometimes you just take your chances and hope for the best.

Bronco Vixen
11-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Roughly for the same reason that no one would dis you if you came down with herpes after sleeping with Angelina. Sometimes you just take your chances and hope for the best.

LOL

Odysseus
11-24-2005, 04:10 AM

Rosenhaus is great when players don't know how to speak up for themselves but horrible when a guy doesn't know how to shut up.

T.O. has destroyed pretty much everything that he's touched. Agents, friends, teammates, coaches, and whatever else. He's a living cancer but if get him in a situation where he can't wreck anything and the man is a harmless kitty cat. He's naive notion of the world and immaturity is his poison and unfortunately he's just now getting it.

Spider
11-24-2005, 05:00 AM
It’s important for me to reemphasize that money has nothing to do with my discussion. I’m comparing TO and IHOP, who was also suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. TO had a Pro Bowl season last year, and IHOP contributed little or nothing to the Broncos. Also, I included a few links to refresh everyone’s memory:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1671241

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6207&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=6701&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7559&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=7703&highlight=gardner

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=9258&highlight=gardner

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/nfc_roster

Finally, a seven-year, $34.8 million dollar contract that includes a $5 million bonus doesn’t sound like a veteran minimum contract.

how can you ignore one of the main factors ? Money is a huge part ......

Old Dude
11-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Reid's not the guy who negotiates the contracts in Philly.

It's hard to say how much of a raise it would have taken to keep TO satisfied. But this whole thing was bound to blow up sooner or later. I think the Eagles were hoping to squeeze one more year out of him.

In the long run, it might not have made that much difference. They've been clobbered with injuries, and their division is no longer a cakewalk.

Merlin
11-24-2005, 07:11 AM
If she were know for carrying STD, then yes, I do think some dissing is deserved. As much as I like her, I'm just not fond of carrying particular luggage for the rest of my life. There is always other nice places to visit that require no lifetime luggage. For those of you who already have luggage, I am sure this is not an issue :D

Merlin
11-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Following on Taco's analogy, it is easy to see TO's next "partner" (Dallas maybe?) will be using industrial type protection when they engage, since your usual re-productive means has proven highly ineffective against his STDs.

broncobum6162
11-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Reid has been upfront and has handled this crisis like the true class act he is.
I'm sure he regrets the way this has turned out. They were talking about this on Sirius NFL radio several weeks ago when this all blew up and their take on this was that: Reid knew what he was getting when he got TO but his game plan was to get 2 good years out of him before all hell broke loose. Instead he only got one and his gamble failed. I like the way he has handled TO.

DarkHorse30
11-24-2005, 08:03 AM
T.O. has destroyed pretty much everything that he's touched. Agents, friends, teammates, coaches, and whatever else. He's a living cancer but if get him in a situation where he can't wreck anything and the man is a harmless kitty cat. He's naive notion of the world and immaturity is his poison and unfortunately he's just now getting it.

You are right on the money. I saw an NFL network feature on TO, and the guy is absolutely clueless on how to get along with people. He has had a rep for being a "loner" on the team, so then when he tried to get involved in a "team" sort of way...he couldn't really manage it, without turning it into something about "him". The guy looks like he's ADD or something and should see a doc. I don't know what team he could go on that he wouldn't wreck....unless he was the ONLY star on the offense. B-more likely would have been the best spot for him.

Pat Bowlen
11-24-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/dalecarter.jpg

clean
11-24-2005, 09:45 AM
how can you ignore one of the main factors ? Money is a huge part ......
Salary doesn’t impact my code of conduct discussion. TO and IHOP’s behavior was absolutely outrageous and reprehensible. It is what is, what you see is what you get, and I would have same the same criticisms regardless of salary. You see, I compare the situation to dating or marriage, and the Broncos deserve a player who has the ability to be a loving and faithful partner.

Coaches and FO personnel discuss their thoughts about a player’s qualities and expectations of their life together. Nobody’s perfect, people can over-react or say the wrong thing. However, some behaviors indicate that a player has a personality disorder that prevents them sustaining a happy and stable relationship.

Morality doesn't have a dollar-based component.

Very appropriate, Mr. Bowlen.

watermock
11-24-2005, 09:57 AM

That isn't correct...I don't remember the exact number, but IHOP got a huge signing bonus.

-Slap-
11-24-2005, 11:36 AM
http://www.georgeblowfish.com/dalecarter.jpg
Much worse signing than TO, for numerous reasons. First, the way Carl Peterson played Shanahan during negotiations. Second, Carter was a known cancer who began showing his negative attitude almost immediately. Finally, Carter was an extremely negative influence on young players like Darrius Johnson.

Spider
11-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Salary doesn’t impact my code of conduct discussion. TO and IHOP’s behavior was absolutely outrageous and reprehensible. It is what is, what you see is what you get, and I would have same the same criticisms regardless of salary. You see, I compare the situation to dating or marriage, and the Broncos deserve a player who has the ability to be a loving and faithful partner.

Coaches and FO personnel discuss their thoughts about a player’s qualities and expectations of their life together. Nobody’s perfect, people can over-react or say the wrong thing. However, some behaviors indicate that a player has a personality disorder that prevents them sustaining a happy and stable relationship.

Morality doesn't have a dollar-based component.

Very appropriate, Mr. Bowlen.

there is an old saying buyer beware , you get what you pay for , if IHOP worked out great if not no biggie .......... Eagles had alot more on the line as far as T.O. Goes ...........

Spider
11-24-2005, 11:40 AM
That isn't correct...I don't remember the exact number, but IHOP got a huge signing bonus.
He got a Mill if he stayed on the Roster , he didnt ....... Adios

Dudeskey
11-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Its that global anti-Bronco conspiracy rearing its ugly head again.

http://blog.whatfettle.com/archives/the-all-seeing-eye.jpg
Should I get a tinfoil hat???™

SoCalBronco
11-24-2005, 11:48 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2210&dateline=1132854134

That might be more disturbing than your previous avatar, clean.

watermock
11-24-2005, 11:51 AM
That Avatar is quite inappropriate...please change it...

http://blog.whatfettle.com/archives/the-all-seeing-eye.jpg

And we wonder why the almighty dollar is considered satanic..Ha! BTW, there are 13 levels of the pyramid...might be for the 13 colonies...just alot of odd masonic history in this nation...

Dudeskey
11-24-2005, 12:14 PM
That Avatar is quite inappropriate...please change it...

Who's avatar?™

Breck Bronc
11-24-2005, 12:23 PM
Who's avatar?™Clean and his bloody bride. I think it's ok.

watermock
11-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Clean and his bloody bride. I think it's ok.

If your into masochistic self-mutilation I guess...let me guess...you have a tattoo right?

Breck Bronc
11-24-2005, 12:41 PM
If your into masochistic self-mutilation I guess...let me guess...you have a tattoo right?It's not like that's real blood.

clean
11-24-2005, 01:15 PM
there is an old saying buyer beware , you get what you pay for , if IHOP worked out great if not no biggie .......... Eagles had alot more on the line as far as T.O. Goes ...........
That's an old and quaint cliche, but Denver didn't get what it paid for. The following links document what a seven-year, $34.8 million dollar contract does buy you:

Denver also lands Daryl Gardener. Risky. Very risky. Every few minutes, Gardener either a) comes down with a bad back, or b) ticks off his head coach. He played well and without incident for the Redskins last year, but I'm not sold that he's a franchise defensive tackle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2003/03/09/mmqb/

Broncos defensive tackle Daryl Gardener will have surgery after tearing wrist ligaments during a fight last week and is expected to miss the first two weeks of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/6494064

The Denver Broncos suspended Daryl Gardener for two more games after he lashed out publicly at head coach Mike Shanahan for an earlier one-game suspension.
The original suspension was for unspecified conduct detrimental to the team. Gardener responded by telling a Denver radio station last week that he didn't believe Shanahan wants him on the team and called the coach "that little man up there."
Those comments violated a clause in every NFL contract requiring players to give their best efforts and loyalty to their team, the Broncos said in a statement.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/6866335

The meeting took place following an instance where coaches put together a tape of Gardener loafing on numerous plays. Naturally, Gardener called that an attempt by Shanahan to “sabotage” him and “set him up.”

However, safety Kenoy Kennedy said Shanahan does that frequently.

“He calls people out all the time,” Kennedy said. “He's done it before just to get his point across for the whole team to see. Guys take plays off all the time, but that tape, it was just play after play after play.”

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section=43&screen=news&news_id=28618

"If Mike wants to get to the Super Bowl, Mike needs me to get to the Super Bowl," Gardener said. "Let's not even sugarcoat it, let's not even play it no other way. Mike needed me to get to the Super Bowl, for this defense to be functional.

http://v6.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~86~1782629,00.html (http://v6.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%7E86%7E1782629,00.html)

Daryl Gardener's signing last March was a disaster for the Broncos, as he feuded with coaches, loafed, broke team rules and was suspended twice. But Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, who Gardener called the little man up there,'' is willing to give the defensive tackle another chance--if his teammates want him back.

Shanahan plans on leaving Gardener's future up to the team's veteran leaders. He is asking a group of players that includes Trevor Pryce, John Mobley, Al Wilson, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen and Jake Plummer about Gardener's return. Shanahan asked the group earlier in the season if he should keep Gardener on the active roster, and the vote went against Gardener. . . .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4079437/

The NFL Management Council, on behalf of the Denver Broncos, has filed a grievance against defensive tackle Daryl Gardener seeking return of the $5 million signing bonus promised him in last year's free agent signing.

http://sports-law.blogspot.com/2004_01_01_sports-law_archive.html

Seems like a biggie to me.

Spider
11-24-2005, 04:57 PM
And how much was T.O. worth ?

Merlin
11-24-2005, 05:09 PM
12 M minus deductions from this yr.

clean
11-24-2005, 08:00 PM

TO’s worth:

Owens had three touchdown catches, Donovan McNabb threw for 330 yards and tied a career high with four TD passes and Brian Westbrook ran for 119 yards, leading the Philadelphia Eagles over the New York Giants 31-17 on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=240912021

Terrell Owens caught eight passes for 110 yards and a touchdown, which he celebrated with sit-ups in the end zone. Brian Westbrook ran for 115 yards and caught nine passes for 63 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241003003

Terrell Owens had all of his 123 yards receiving in the first half and Lito Sheppard returned an interception 64 yards for a score, leading the undefeated Eagles to a 30-8 victory over the Panthers on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241017021

Owens had an 11-yard TD catch and David Akers kicked three field goals, helping the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Baltimore Ravens 15-10 Sunday to reach 7-0 for the first time in franchise history.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241031021

Terrell Owens got the fun started with a 59-yard touchdown he considered so easy that he celebrated by pretending to ice skate in the end zone. Then he followed a 27-yarder with his favorite Texas Stadium pose, spreading out his arms while standing on the Dallas Cowboys' logo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241115006

Brian Westbrook had 11 catches for 156 yards and three TDs and Terrell Owens caught eight passes for 161 yards and one score.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241205021

He had surgery how long ago? Terrell Owens looked like he didn't miss a step, literally, in Sunday's Super Bowl loss, catching 9 passes for 122 yards in the 24-21 defeat.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=23350

http://www.footballdb.com/players/gardeda01

http://www.footballdb.com/players/owenste01

We’ve come full circle, TO contributed and IHOP didn’t. The Eagles took a calculated risk that ultimately came back to haunt them, and handled the situation as well as could be expected given the circumstances. That’s why Reid isn’t being “dissed.”

Spider
11-25-2005, 05:00 AM
TO’s worth:

Owens had three touchdown catches, Donovan McNabb threw for 330 yards and tied a career high with four TD passes and Brian Westbrook ran for 119 yards, leading the Philadelphia Eagles over the New York Giants 31-17 on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=240912021

Terrell Owens caught eight passes for 110 yards and a touchdown, which he celebrated with sit-ups in the end zone. Brian Westbrook ran for 115 yards and caught nine passes for 63 yards.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241003003

Terrell Owens had all of his 123 yards receiving in the first half and Lito Sheppard returned an interception 64 yards for a score, leading the undefeated Eagles to a 30-8 victory over the Panthers on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241017021

Owens had an 11-yard TD catch and David Akers kicked three field goals, helping the Philadelphia Eagles beat the Baltimore Ravens 15-10 Sunday to reach 7-0 for the first time in franchise history.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241031021

Terrell Owens got the fun started with a 59-yard touchdown he considered so easy that he celebrated by pretending to ice skate in the end zone. Then he followed a 27-yarder with his favorite Texas Stadium pose, spreading out his arms while standing on the Dallas Cowboys' logo.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241115006

Brian Westbrook had 11 catches for 156 yards and three TDs and Terrell Owens caught eight passes for 161 yards and one score.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=241205021

He had surgery how long ago? Terrell Owens looked like he didn't miss a step, literally, in Sunday's Super Bowl loss, catching 9 passes for 122 yards in the 24-21 defeat.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=23350

http://www.footballdb.com/players/gardeda01

http://www.footballdb.com/players/owenste01

We’ve come full circle, TO contributed and IHOP didn’t. The Eagles took a calculated risk that ultimately came back to haunt them, and handled the situation as well as could be expected given the circumstances. That’s why Reid isn’t being “dissed.”

no we havent , how much was TO contract worth , simple question

clean
11-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Main Entry: worth
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English weorth worthy, of (a specified) value; akin to Old High German werd worthy, worth
1 archaic : having monetary or material value
2 archaic : ESTIMABLE
- for all one is worth : to the fullest extent of one's value or ability

Function: noun
1 a : monetary value <farmhouse and="" lands="" of="" little="" worth=""> b : the equivalent of a specified amount or figure <a dollar's="" worth="" of="" gas="">
2 : the value of something measured by its qualities or by the esteem in which it is held <a literary="" heritage="" of="" great="" worth="">
3 a : moral or personal value <trying to="" teach="" human="" worth=""> b : MERIT, EXCELLENCE </trying><a field="" in="" which="" we="" have="" proved="" our="" worth=""><a field="" in="" which="" we="" have="" proved="" our="" worth="">
4 : WEALTH, RICHES

Function: preposition
1 a : equal in value to b : having assets or income equal to
2 : deserving of <well worth="" the="" effort=""></well>
- worth one's salt : of substantial or significant value or merit

http://www.m-w.com/

Spider
11-25-2005, 05:37 AM
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English weorth worthy, of (a specified) value; akin to Old High German werd worthy, worth
1 archaic : having monetary or material value
2 archaic : ESTIMABLE
- for all one is worth : to the fullest extent of one's value or ability

Function: noun
1 a : monetary value <farmhouse and="" lands="" of="" little="" worth=""> b : the equivalent of a specified amount or figure <a dollar's="" worth="" of="" gas="">
2 : the value of something measured by its qualities or by the esteem in which it is held <a literary="" heritage="" of="" great="" worth="">
3 a : moral or personal value <trying to="" teach="" human="" worth=""> b : MERIT, EXCELLENCE </trying><a field="" in="" which="" we="" have="" proved="" our="" worth=""><a field="" in="" which="" we="" have="" proved="" our="" worth="">
4 : WEALTH, RICHES

Function: preposition
1 a : equal in value to b : having assets or income equal to
2 : deserving of <well worth="" the="" effort=""></well>
- worth one's salt : of substantial or significant value or merit

http://www.m-w.com/

Is there a reason why you wont tell me how much TO contract is worth ?

clean
11-25-2005, 05:56 AM
Is there a reason why you wont tell me how much TO contract is worth ?

Monetary value has already been mentioned. If you need a more detailed breakdown, maybe Hercules will be kind of enough to provide you with the particulars.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=854360&postcount=59

Spider
11-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Monetary value has already been mentioned. If you need a more detailed breakdown, maybe Hercules will be kind of enough to provide you with the particulars.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=854360&postcount=59
LOL .... well the point I am getting to , is Denver can recover alot Faster over Ihop then the eagles will over Owens ........The Cap is one thing we all want to overlook , but it is Part of the game ...........there will be some dead money on the eagles now , hindering FA for them , So once you look @ everything Ihop screw up pails in comparision ...... You should have went with Dale Carter as your example , but then they are both same kind of screw up ........ Carry on

clean
11-25-2005, 07:16 AM
LOL .... well the point I am getting to , is Denver can recover alot Faster over Ihop then the eagles will over Owens ........The Cap is one thing we all want to overlook , but it is Part of the game ...........there will be some dead money on the eagles now , hindering FA for them , So once you look @ everything Ihop screw up pails in comparision ...... You should have went with Dale Carter as your example , but then they are both same kind of screw up ........ Carry on
Because I’m discussing detrimental conduct, IHOP was the more logical comparison. Also, the Broncos are always spending at or near the limit, so dead money usually has a bigger impact.

Eisen: Terrell Owens and his deal with the Philadelphia Eagles, how is that structured and what cap hit did he leave behind in San Francisco?
Kirwan: He left $4.8 million on their books, which was really tragic. And you know, he was paying an awful lot of money to be a San Francisco 49er, he played well. He was scheduled to make $17 million in the next three years. Now what I love about what Philadelphia did, and how they have Terrell Owens under contract, Joe Banner, the master of managing the salary cap in Philadelphia, they gave T.O. a $6.2 million roster bonus. For the fans out there, that means they get to pay that money off this year. If you look at Philadelphia and consider they have Terrell Owens under contract and still have $10 million of cap space, they have T.O. captured for this year and next year for just $1 million more than he was scheduled to make in San Francisco. And Joe Banner, once again, has managed his cap well because, next year, his cap charges are very small, $3.5 million. Philadelphia wins in this deal in my opinion.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/7194824

And as today, no team in the league had more salary-cap room than the Eagles, who are $9.5 million under the cap. The Eagles usually are the most aggressive this time of the year, partly because of all the room they have saved. Dating back the past five years, the Eagles regularly have extended players' contracts at this time of the year.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9007888

Philadelphia, which entered the weekend about $10 million under the cap, has plenty of room to spare.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2215804

Hope you had an enjoyable holiday and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Spider
11-25-2005, 07:21 AM
s.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=2215804[/URL]

Hope you had an enjoyable holiday and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Same to you ...........
Eagles may have the room , but it is still a cap hit you dont want , they could probably bring in 2 quality players for that coin .........
As far as behavior , the NFL is full of shít heads Dale Carter was doing Drugs ...

TheReverend
11-13-2013, 01:05 PM

Hey guys, look what I found.

Hilarious!

55CrushEm
11-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, look what I found.

Hilarious!

:rofl:

Good ol' Boob.

CHEF LUIGI
11-13-2013, 01:13 PM
reid and shanny, both a couple of pass junkie, QB coaches masquerading as head coaches!
REID has NOTHING to do with the current KC defense.
yet media folks and other morons will be calling it andy's D.
as soon as KC gets down 2 TDs reed will forget ball about jamal charles.
its his nature, just like shanny.

Arkie
11-13-2013, 06:49 PM

from a day earlier...

All I have to say is....GOOOOOOOONTHER!

oubronco
11-13-2013, 06:51 PM
http://www.carstickersdecals.com/images/watermarked/1/detailed/2/chiefs.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=jpHtGRpOcckJDM&tbnid=rmUQDs4zxqm38M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.carstickersdecals.com%2Fpee-on-chiefs-sticker.html&ei=pTWEUqfOMtKr2AXqloDwAw&bvm=bv.56343320,d.b2I&psig=AFQjCNGpKMPZnJIzdvFHvyswowM_qaq-pQ&ust=1384482336231989)

Archer81
11-13-2013, 08:10 PM
reid and shanny, both a couple of pass junkie, QB coaches masquerading as head coaches!
REID has NOTHING to do with the current KC defense.
yet media folks and other morons will be calling it andy's D.
as soon as KC gets down 2 TDs reed will forget ball about jamal charles.
its his nature, just like shanny.

With 200 career wins between them...

You really need to think before you type.

:Broncos: