PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gamebooks 1960-present

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Is anyone interested in having access to ALL of the Broncos gamebooks. 1960-present? ???

Could be a good way to wear out your Broncos 'jones' for the next couple of weeks.

B-Love
11-02-2005, 07:23 AM
NPR,

There is no link here and the link you PM'd me doesn't seem to have any info.

I would love to have all of the boxscores, etc online, as no one really has them.

The other best toy is www.paperofrecord.com. I have been using them for all of my Broncos history boxscores and articles, etc for a few years now. They have the Sporting News listed under Missouri, and for a reasonable yearly subscription, you have the modern history of sports at your fingertips. The pages print pretty well too.

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 07:25 AM
Hey b-love. Try this. See if it hits paydirt or if I need to fix something.

I would take what you need before they disable the link. It's ALL there!

http://www.broncosgamebooks.com/gdxrequesturl.asp

B-Love
11-02-2005, 07:27 AM
When I click on the link it gives me this error message. It has the Broncos logo, but just an error message.

Anyone else??

Error: -28000 - The Remote/Application server returned the following error information: Function LoadProjectInfo.SubmitHTTPRequest: Error -28000;The Remote/Application server returned the following error information: Function LoadProjectInfo.pvtInitSystem.EntCreateConnection. PVDMSystem: Error -28000;Invalid Entity ID. (Source: LoadProjectInfo.SubmitHTTPRequest)

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
http://www.broncosgamebooks.com/gdxrequesturl.asp try this

The ones from 1960 are hand written. Amazing.

Burn out your printer and set yourself up, B! Kudos to the Broncos for making this information available to the fans on their site.

BigPlayShay
11-02-2005, 07:40 AM
Nice find Needa. I have been using this site for a little bit now. The Broncos website actually links to this site usually when they recap a game from the past. Just a note, the site wouldn't work for me using FireFox, so you have to use IE.

The coolest feature is that you can export the Gamebooks and Flip Cards into an image or PDF format.

DennisSmithHOF
11-02-2005, 07:48 AM
I am having trouble getting it to work. What do I need to do to pull up the Monday Nighter against Chicago in 1986 or 1987 where all 3 of the Amigos scored a touchdown? What do I need to enter for it to work? Or am I just not getting it?

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 07:52 AM
Just type in Chi* in the opponent provision and find the yr/game you want from the results. Then click on gamebook. It's 1987. I'm looking at it now.

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 08:00 AM
Hey, Dennis Smith. Notice there is 9 pages of that gamebook. You only see page one when it opens. You need to use the nav tools in the toolbar to move through the pages.

DennisSmithHOF
11-02-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks, I think I have it fingered out now.

B-Love
11-02-2005, 08:18 AM
This will be great once I figure it out, and will hopefully open the door to creating demand for the old school broadcasts.

Hopefully enough fans will see

"Keyworth off right guard for 3 yard gain
Lytle left for 8 yards and first down
Morton passes left to Dolbin for 11 yards and first down"

and they will get the juice to bug Bowlen to get this unbelievable stuff out to the masses. Bowlen is on the TV Committee and is a powerful guy. He has already stated "there is no reason why it cannot be done" when asked about old school games. He said he feels "there is not enough demand for them.

Create the demand people!!

Just ask Disco and Meck 77 how they felt when they first popped in my old school games I just donated to the Bus. They were both in heaven watching and reliving these oldies.

I still get goose bumps watching these classics, and it makes my week when a new game arrives.

Great find NPR and I'm going to peruse it tonight.

Thanks.

B-Love
11-02-2005, 08:36 AM
Nice find Needa. I have been using this site for a little bit now. The Broncos website actually links to this site usually when they recap a game from the past. Just a note, the site wouldn't work for me using FireFox, so you have to use IE.

The coolest feature is that you can export the Gamebooks and Flip Cards into an image or PDF format.

B,

Call me. Been too busy for words.

Want to discuss our next set of games.

Thanks!

BigPlayShay
11-02-2005, 08:55 AM
B,

Call me. Been too busy for words.

Want to discuss our next set of games.

Thanks!

Will do. Can you PM me your number again? I must have misplaced it.

Needa Pass Rush
11-02-2005, 02:27 PM
This will be great once I figure it out, and will hopefully open the door to creating demand for the old school broadcasts.

and they will get the juice to bug Bowlen to get this unbelievable stuff out to the masses. Bowlen is on the TV Committee and is a powerful guy. He has already stated "there is no reason why it cannot be done" when asked about old school games. He said he feels "there is not enough demand for them.

Just ask Disco and Meck 77 how they felt when they first popped in my old school games I just donated to the Bus. They were both in heaven watching and reliving these oldies.

I still get goose bumps watching these classics, and it makes my week when a new game arrives.

Great find NPR and I'm going to peruse it tonight.

Thanks.

B-love, I thought of you immediately when i found this. I knew if you weren't aware of it that it would be a boon of information to feed your passion. It makes me happy that you are pumped about the find. Look at the games carefully... I have found that most games have several pages worth of info beyond the page that initially opens up and as the years go by the format changes drastically.

No1BroncoFan
11-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Just a note, the site wouldn't work for me using FireFox, so you have to use IE.
Funny, it works for me using Mozilla. I have found that some sites won't work with Mozilla and some sites won't work with Firefox, but I have not found a site yet that craps out on both. I haven't been forced to use that nasty a$$ed Internet Exploiter in years!

Ben

B-Love
11-04-2005, 07:13 AM
B-love, I thought of you immediately when i found this. I knew if you weren't aware of it that it would be a boon of information to feed your passion. It makes me happy that you are pumped about the find. Look at the games carefully... I have found that most games have several pages worth of info beyond the page that initially opens up and as the years go by the format changes drastically.

Can't thank you enough for this. These are great!!

I have been able to relive the sequences of games that I'll likely never be able to view because of the Filthy Jew in Jersey!! (relax everyone, half of my friends are Jewish). That's just what us game collectors call Sabol.

Heil NFL Films!!!!

Needa Pass Rush
11-04-2005, 07:39 AM
Can't thank you enough for this. These are great!!

I have been able to relive the sequences of games that I'll likely never be able to view because of the Filthy Jew in Jersey!! (relax everyone, half of my friends are Jewish). That's just what us game collectors call Sabol.

Heil NFL Films!!!!

I'm so glad it has helped you preserve and relive past Broncomania, B-love. When I discovered this little treasure I thought of two things: 1.) PM B-Love with this link immediately, and 2.) Make a thread and share with all 'Maniacs.
:Broncos:

bendog
11-04-2005, 08:08 AM
I gotta check this thread out at home. The link said I needed to download something, but my office computer is blocked from doing that. Thanks for the link. I played with it the other day, but haven't had a chance to mess with it at home.

B-Love
11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
I gotta check this thread out at home. The link said I needed to download something, but my office computer is blocked from doing that. Thanks for the link. I played with it the other day, but haven't had a chance to mess with it at home.

Dog, you're gonna love it.

You can see how many incompletions Steve Tensi threw in a row in certain games, etc.

LMAO!!

Bronco LB52
09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
This link still works and is an outstanding resource for researching anything Broncos related. You can basically go back to any Broncos game going back to 1960 and research them play-by-play.

http://www.broncosgamebooks.com/gdxrequesturl.asp

lex
09-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Is anyone interested in having access to ALL of the Broncos gamebooks. 1960-present? ???

Could be a good way to wear out your Broncos 'jones' for the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting.

Im assuming that this also includes the Denver Patriots, since you said 1960-present.

worm
09-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Awesome NPR. I still have a lot of my ticket stubs to games at Mile High from when I was a kid. Will be cool matching up the gamebooks to them.

Rep

bronco militia
09-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I can't get the plug in to work

Lev Vyvanse
09-10-2009, 10:34 AM
i can't get the plug in to work

+1

SpringStein
09-10-2009, 11:00 AM
NPR sighting!!

he is ALIVE!

:wiggle:

Popps
09-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Still tinkering with it, but great find NPR!

bronco militia
09-10-2009, 12:32 PM
did anyone get the plug-in to install correctly?

SouthStndJunkie
09-10-2009, 12:47 PM
NPR sighting!!

he is ALIVE!

:wiggle:

His posts in this thread are nearly 4 years old.

Needa Pass Rush
09-19-2009, 08:53 PM
His posts in this thread are nearly 4 years old.

Yes, Springy (George), FOUR YEARS OLD!!! It's just smoke and mirrors to make you THINK you saw me. I've been in Washington too long! I know all the tricks! Ha!

Chris
09-19-2009, 11:58 PM

If you ever get these on disc I'd happily pay for shipping and whatever you feel your time was worth.