PDA

View Full Version : Random Football Thoughts.......

Meck77
09-29-2005, 04:32 PM
The thread for your random football comments that don't necessarily deserve a thread. (help keep the main board clean!) If a good topic starts to evolve you or someone can always yank it out of here to start a seperate thread. We have one of these on another board I post at and it's done wonders by keeping page 1 focused on solid football topics. Consider this a chat thread.

Or if you are a newbie and not sure if a topic is thread worthy drop it here to get your feet wet. I've seen plenty of (clean out your pm threads). This place will work for that also.

Oh and Mock if you have a beezlebub story to tell this thread might work for you! ;D

So I was just looking thru the NFL schedule and noticed Green Bay has 3 more Monday night games. WTF? That is 3 monday nights where most of America will be turning their vcrs on to watch an old game tape by half time. When are they going to realize that the Packers are done and most of America could care less about them? As far as I'm concerned the best Monday night game has already been played in our house!

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 04:37 PM
So I was just looking thru the NFL schedule and noticed Green Bay has 3 more Monday night games. WTF? That is 3 monday nights where most of America will be turning their vcrs on to watch an old game tape by half time. As far as I'm concerned the best Monday night game has already been played in our house!

Consider it "The Brett Farve Farewell Tour".....and remember it could always be worse....it could be Dallas on that many times this year.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
I had a big argument with a guy at work today about Chad Johnson.

He said that Chad Johnson runs his mouth and has proven nothing in this league, and that Jerry Porter, Chris Chambers, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Eric Moulds, Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison are all better WR's just in the AFC(there are others too, but he just named those receivers).

My reponse was that Chad Johnson had led the AFC in receiving yards the past 2 years with 19 TD's in those 2 years earning a starting Pro Bowl spot in both of those years. And right now there may not be a better WR playing in the NFL, he is on pace to beat his career bests and make the Pro Bowl yet again, this time on a playoff team.

Just a random football thought, Chad Johnson is awesome and is the best WR in the game right now...and the river dance is classic.

Play2win
09-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah, Greenbay, the Notre Dame of the NFL.

"We don't care if you like them or not, we're gonna FORCE you to watch them"

BTW- great Idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Consider it "The Brett Farve Farewell Tour".....and remember it could always be worse....it could be Dallas on that many times this year.

I'd rather have Dallas on, 3 games of Madden constantly talking about Brett Favre?

It doesn't get worse than that.

Play2win
09-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Dallas used to be the Notre Dame of the NFL, now its The Packers.

I always hated Dallas because they were the self-proclaimed "AMERICA'S TEAM".

How the hell are you going to tell me what my favorite team is. No, Dallas, you are my LEAST favorite team. :cuss:

ZachKC
09-29-2005, 04:42 PM
Chad Johnson is the real deal. I agree.

Meck77
09-29-2005, 04:44 PM

I heard the kid even sleeps at their headquarters watching film or whatever he can to get an edge. Now that's dedication when you don't even go home.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I'd rather have Dallas on, 3 games of Madden constantly talking about Brett Favre?

That's what mute buttons on the remotes are for...try it, it's wonderful.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM

I've wanted to get his jersey for awhile now, may have to get motivated and go do that.

Breck Bronc
...and the river dance is classic.One of the greatest touchdown celebrations ever. Chad Johnson is awesome.

FADERPROOF
That's what mute buttons on the remotes are for...try it, it's wonderful.

Can't, need to hear the hits or else I can't get into the games.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
One of the greatest touchdown celebrations ever. Chad Johnson is awesome.

Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Yeah, Dallas used to be the Notre Dame of the NFL, now its The Packers.

I always hated Dallas because they were the self-proclaimed "AMERICA'S TEAM".

How the hell are you going to tell me what my favorite team is. No, Dallas, you are my LEAST favorite team. :cuss:

I still have a very hard time watching the Cowboys for most of what you laid out above.......it always does my heart good to see them fail.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, Greenbay, the Notre Dame of the NFL.

"We don't care if you like them or not, we're gonna FORCE you to watch them"

BTW- great Idea for a thread! :thumbsup:

After this year (or whenever Farve retires) you'll see them about as much as you see the Cardinals....or to put it another way, the once a year appearance on Sunday Night Football.

Ratboy
09-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Chad Johnson also eats McDonalds atleast 2 times a day.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 04:59 PM
Chad Johnson also eats McDonalds atleast 2 times a day.

He's gotta keep that 6"1 192 pound frame in shape somehow.

I remember that episode of teammates on ESPN where Carson Palmer talked about how Chad goes to McD's all the time, even if it's just to get a coke.

Goobzilla
09-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Chad Johnson is an amazing WR. He's an entertainer as well, no doubt. He said he's got something good cooking for this weekend today on Rome is Burning. Did anyone catch Shaun Alexander's football "baby" routine on Sunday? He was cradling and burping it, Priceless!

Ratboy
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Chad Johnson is probably the best WR in the NFL, If anyone says different.. They're a Ravens, Steelers or Browns fans.

Meck77
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
, Priceless!

Speaking of priceless some things never change. !Booya!

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Speaking of priceless some things never change. !Booya!

You never saw any of that bullshat from big Haven....he never had to resort to such things.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Chad Johnson is probably the best WR in the NFL, If anyone says different.. They're a Ravens, Steelers or Browns fans.

The guy who was arguing with me about Chad Johnson was in fact a Browns fan, plus he hates guys who showboat.

ZachKC
09-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Aside from Chad, I don't think this Bengals team is really a fluke. I believe they could do some good things.

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I had a big argument with a guy at work today about Chad Johnson.

He said that Chad Johnson runs his mouth and has proven nothing in this league, and that Jerry Porter, Chris Chambers, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith, Eric Moulds, Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison are all better WR's just in the AFC(there are others too, but he just named those receivers).

My reponse was that Chad Johnson had led the AFC in receiving yards the past 2 years with 19 TD's in those 2 years earning a starting Pro Bowl spot in both of those years. And right now there may not be a better WR playing in the NFL, he is on pace to beat his career bests and make the Pro Bowl yet again, this time on a playoff team.

Just a random football thought, Chad Johnson is awesome and is the best WR in the game right now...and the river dance is classic.

Dude is awesome. I've been a fan since his days in Oregon. The "river dance" is good to go. I laughed my ass off when I saw that!

As for him being the best... I don't think so. If he continues this pace all year and has one or two games w/45 yards and no scores then I'll be ready to crown his efforts. But he's been erratic, even during his pro-bowl years. He disappears too often...that is he has disappeared in the past. Right now you have to say that Terrell Owens is the best in the biz. He's consistent and productive and has a complete game. Chad Johnson still lacks in yards after catch, although he's been better so far this year.

Random football thought I had the other day. CU's kicker (Crosby?) is a Jr or Sr this year right? Pretty sure a Jr. If he were to come out in 2006 would you be opposed to using a 3rd round pick on him. I love Elam and know that he'll be a part of Broncos history forever, but having a productive kicker is very important for us. We've been blessed to have Elam for all these years, but is it time to start looking for his replacement?

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Speaking of Chad Johnson, he was on sportscenter today, and for those who want to say that he's all about himself and thinks he's the greatest(ala Keyshawn), he wa very humble and down to earth in his interview with Dan Patrick.

Patrick asked him where he ranked of all the WR's in the league, he said that he didnt really know, Patrick threw out "Moss,T.O. Torry Holt, Marvin harrison," and Chad Johnson said that he doesnt know if he is up there because they have been on teams that have consistently made the playoffs and have been around longer, so until his team can be a playoff team and he can start doing the things career wise as those guys, he's not sure where he stands as a WR in the NFL.

Ratboy
09-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I went to the a Bengals/Bucs preseason game last year with my uncle (Bengals fan). It was quite ammusing, After the game we went down to meet some players and some black girl (GF maybe? But she wasn't pretty at all) was pounding him with some lecture, he stood there and took it. He is small, I thought he was a big guy, He's not that big. NFL says he's 6'1, I couldnt see it.

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 05:33 PM
I've wanted to get his jersey for awhile now, may have to get motivated and go do that.

I'd get his college jersey... I don't hate the Bengals, but I can't see myself buying a jersey from any team other than the Broncos!

If Chad Johnson had been an Oregon Duck rather than a Beaver I'd probably already have one!

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Or they've seen Torry Holt.

http://media.tbo.com/photos/sports/2004/oct/1019bucsbar3.jpg http://media.iopaperless.com/r/MediaContent/2004/10/10/17/Holt_Seahawks_Feature_46301.jpg http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/nfl/2003/1214/photo/g_holt_il.jpg

Billy Clyde Puckett
09-29-2005, 05:37 PM
Isn't it fun to really trash the squaws and watch a couple of the real A-hole trolls go into complete meltdown.

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 05:43 PM
Speaking of Chad Johnson, he was on sportscenter today, and for those who want to say that he's all about himself and thinks he's the greatest(ala Keyshawn), he wa very humble and down to earth in his interview with Dan Patrick.

Patrick asked him where he ranked of all the WR's in the league, he said that he didnt really know, Patrick threw out "Moss,T.O. Torry Holt, Marvin harrison," and Chad Johnson said that he doesnt know if he is up there because they have been on teams that have consistently made the playoffs and have been around longer, so until his team can be a playoff team and he can start doing the things career wise as those guys, he's not sure where he stands as a WR in the NFL.

Playoffs or no playoffs this is how they rate in my book.

#1. T.O. Does it all!
#2. Holt. Does almost as much as T.O. minus breaking tackles.
#3. Chad Johnson. He needs to work on his strength. The only thing holding him back is the YAC. Break a tackle or find a way to get some yards after the catch and he'd be the best!
#4. Randy Moss. I don't really like him but you can't argue with his skills. The best long baller in the game and probably the history of the game. I'd take the guys above him b/c they're more complete players.
#5. Marvin Harrison. I don't care if he's having a poor season. Find me a harder worker or a better route runner. He has great hands and is the epitomy of a consistent receiver. He lacks the ability to break tackles and doesn't sustain blocks very well thus dropping him to #5.

All in all, if I had to choose one of these guys to be on the Broncos it would be tough to decide between Holt and Chad. T.O. is a head ache. Randy is a moron. Marvin doesn't do the small things (Block) well enough. Holt is complete. Chad has some flash and brings "good" excitement to the field. Tough call!

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 05:44 PM
What does everybody think about bringing in Crosby?

DB-Freak
09-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Chad "Who needs practice" Johnson is an awesome receiver excelling in getting open and making acrobatic,clutch, and jaw dropping catches. Playmaker baby.

I remember Chad sending peptobismol to the brown's secondary saying that he'll own them or something. The browns made sure he didn't do much. Quite humbled, the next game he owned Champ like a little girl.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 05:56 PM
I'd get his college jersey... I don't hate the Bengals, but I can't see myself buying a jersey from any team other than the Broncos!

If Chad Johnson had been an Oregon Duck rather than a Beaver I'd probably already have one!

I'm different, I get Bronco jerseys but also get jerseys of players I like or jerseys that I like also, hence why I have Donovan McNabb and Peyton Manning jerseys and another jersey that I don't want to say.

BTW, Oregon has the ugliest jerseys ever imagined, plus I'm how you are with jerseys but in college, I can't put on another college jersey other than the Ohio State Buckeyes(or lese I'd already have Peyton's Tennessee jersey.)

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 05:57 PM
What does everybody think about bringing in Crosby?

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/208746.jpg

I'm all for it.

elsid13
09-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Random Football thought: Buddy Ryans's sons are not really good as D Coordinators. Maybe the apple did fall far from the tree.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 05:59 PM
Playoffs or no playoffs this is how they rate in my book.

#1. T.O. Does it all!
#2. Holt. Does almost as much as T.O. minus breaking tackles.
#3. Chad Johnson. He needs to work on his strength. The only thing holding him back is the YAC. Break a tackle or find a way to get some yards after the catch and he'd be the best!
#4. Randy Moss. I don't really like him but you can't argue with his skills. The best long baller in the game and probably the history of the game. I'd take the guys above him b/c they're more complete players.
#5. Marvin Harrison. I don't care if he's having a poor season. Find me a harder worker or a better route runner. He has great hands and is the epitomy of a consistent receiver. He lacks the ability to break tackles and doesn't sustain blocks very well thus dropping him to #5.

All in all, if I had to choose one of these guys to be on the Broncos it would be tough to decide between Holt and Chad. T.O. is a head ache. Randy is a moron. Marvin doesn't do the small things (Block) well enough. Holt is complete. Chad has some flash and brings "good" excitement to the field. Tough call!

Good list, I have:

#1 Chad Johnson - becoming the biggest deep threat now with Carson Palmer as the QB, can do just about anything and can score about anytime.

#2 Randy Moss - see above, but attitude drops him.

#3 Terrell Owens - Gotta like the guy, but his holdout/non-holdout makes me want to see it this year again.

#4 Torry Holt - Can do anything out there, has gotten a lot better running intermeddiate routes and going over the middle.

#5 Hines Ward - what can you say about this guy? Lack of the deep ball to him is the only thing keeping him off the #1 spot, best blocker in the league at WR, tough as nails, goes over the middle and holds onto it.

watermock
09-29-2005, 06:00 PM
While the Packers won the late matchup with the HornHeads, they were summarilly dismissed in the wildcard game. Giving Green Bay THREE MNF games to appease Madden stinks of a rating game and outright collusion, as does having Denver travel to Miami in Summer and Kansas City in the dead of winter. The NFC Norris Division is quite honesty, pathetic right now. Giving GB three games to let Madden lick Favre's balls is rediculous.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:00 PM
Chad "Who needs practice" Johnson is an awesome receiver excelling in getting open and making acrobatic,clutch, and jaw dropping catches. Playmaker baby.

I remember Chad sending peptobismol to the brown's secondary saying that he'll own them or something. The browns made sure he didn't do much. Quite humbled, the next game he owned Champ like a little girl.

I've always liked Chad Johnson, but being at that game on MNF and seeing him take it to the house like he did against the Broncos just made me respect the guy even more, he was unstoppable.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 06:01 PM
I don't care how good a WR is, I just can't root for some self-promoting flavor clown.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't care how good a WR is, I just can't root for some self-promoting flavor clown.

Chad Johnson is out there to have fun, I'd hope that you wouldn't want the NFL to not be any fun.

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
I'm different, I get Bronco jerseys but also get jerseys of players I like or jerseys that I like also, hence why I have Donovan McNabb and Peyton Manning jerseys and another jersey that I don't want to say.

BTW, Oregon has the ugliest jerseys ever imagined, plus I'm how you are with jerseys but in college, I can't put on another college jersey other than the Ohio State Buckeyes(or lese I'd already have Peyton's Tennessee jersey.)

PM me with the one you don't want to say. I think I have an idea of who it is...

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 06:04 PM
Chad Johnson is out there to have fun, I'd hope that you wouldn't want the NFL to not be any fun.

Fun is what I saw Monday night.....not Chad Johnson hamming it up for some extra face time.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Fun is what I saw Monday night.....not Chad Johnson hamming it up for some extra face time.

whats he done thats self-promoting then?

Broncoman13
09-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Good list, I have:

#5 Hines Ward - what can you say about this guy? Lack of the deep ball to him is the only thing keeping him off the #1 spot, best blocker in the league at WR, tough as nails, goes over the middle and holds onto it.

I have Hines Ward up there as well. His blocking is what makes him so great. You could do a lot worse than bring Hines Ward onto your team. He does the small things that help you win games. I've just always been impressed by the amount of time Harrison and Manning work on their timing with one and other.

DB-Freak
09-29-2005, 06:09 PM
I've always liked Chad Johnson, but being at that game on MNF and seeing him take it to the house like he did against the Broncos just made me respect the guy even more, he was unstoppable.
I love how the Chad beats the CB at the line or at the moment where he meets the CB. The last bears game Chad saw the jam coming so he just juked away from the CB and just went past by him for a TD.

I don't find the guy to be expectionally fast or explosive, but he will make some incredible catches.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM
whats he done thats self-promoting then?

You can't be serious in asking this.....the whole "entertainment" thing he does from the riverdance to your avatar is done for a reason.....extra face time on the networks & ESPN. Which boosts his name, fame and eligibility for endorsements...inevitably translating into extra cash for him.

It's all done for that reason, just ask someone like Joe Horn.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
You can't be serious in asking this.....the whole "entertainment" thing he does from the riverdance to your avatar is done for a reason.....extra face time on the networs & ESPN. Which boosts his name, fame and eligibility for endorsements...inevitably translating into extra cash for him.

It's all done for that reason, just ask someone like Joe Horn.

wow...that's stretching big time...to say the least.

A 5 second riverdance is done in hopes for endorsements? The guy gets 90 catches, 1300 yards and 10 TD's a season, I don't think he needs dances or signs in order to get fame and endorsements.

DB-Freak
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
They need to make an animation out of that dance. One of the funniest things I have seen out of the No Fun League.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 06:20 PM

A 5 second riverdance is done in hopes for endorsements? The guy gets 90 catches, 1300 yards and 10 TD's a season, I don't think he needs dances or signs in order to get fame and endorsements.

Really? He plays in Cincinnati....hardly a big media market...he needs to do what he has to to get noticed.

I'm really quite cynical when it comes to this whole entertainment thing and I haven't seen anything from anyone yet to tell me that it isn't all really self-promotion in hopes of extra endorsement cash.....but you can believe what you want and help him out by buying his merch if you choose. I don't care how good some of these guys get or are, they'll continue to get no quarter from me when it comes to this.

2KBack
09-29-2005, 06:21 PM

I have to agree, I don't lump Chad Johnson in with guys like MEshawn. honestly I think he is more TO without the off the field attitude. Johnson understands that what he does is entertainment, the riverdance isn't any different than Ashley''s surf routine, or KJ's ride the poney. IF you don't want a guy to celebrate, don't let him catch TD's, as of right now no one is stopping Chad from scoring, so Dance away my bengal friend.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:22 PM
They need to make an animation out of that dance. One of the funniest things I have seen out of the No Fun League.

I need to find it, that will be my next avatar.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Really? He plays in Cincinnati....hardly a big media market...he needs to do what he has to to get noticed.

I'm really quite cynical when it comes to this whole entertainment thing and I haven't seen anything from anyone yet to tell me that it isn't all really self-promotion in hopes of extra endorsement cash.....but you can believe what you want and help him out by buying his merch if you choose. I don't care how good some of these guys get or are, they'll continue to get no quarter from me when it comes to this.

Noticed? Again, 90 catches, 1300 yards, and 10 TD's.

As far as being in Cincinnati, this is the NFL, you are going to be recognized regardless of where you are as long as you produce out there, which is what Chad Johnson does. It's not like college where a great season from a guy that attend Southwestern Mississippi State A&M will get unnoticed, the NFL is a big market media for EVERY team.

Plus I'm sure everyone who plays fantasy football knows about him, and they don't see poses and dances on their stat sheet.

You actually are right, he needs to do what he has to in order to get noticed, which is why he is putting up the numbers that he has the past 3 years.

ozomulsion
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Speaking of great receivers. Steve Smith is about to start climbing the ladder again. I've never seen a little guy win 9 out of 10 jump balls. He's amazing. To bad he broke his leg last year.

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 06:37 PM

Interesting. This part of the debate is superficial enough that Dan Patrick was discussing it the other day. He contends that Chad only performed attention grabbing manuvers in the past because he otherwise would go unnoticed losing every week in Cincinatti. Dan will shill shamelessly for any athlete that pretends to be his friend for two seconds, though.

Chad is a great receiver, no doubt about it. In the past, Chad has also been spotted pouting in the Bengals' lockerroom after victories, if he felt he didn't get enough looks in the ballgame.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/904/181769a03qr.jpg
"Hanging Chad"

DB-Freak
09-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Speaking of great receivers. Steve Smith is about to start climbing the ladder again. I've never seen a little guy win 9 out of 10 jump balls. He's amazing. To bad he broke his leg last year.
Now there is an explosive WR we can talk about.

Not only that, the guy is incredibly strong for his size too.

Hogan11
09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Noticed? Again, 90 catches, 1300 yards, and 10 TD's.

As far as being in Cincinnati, this is the NFL, you are going to be recognized regardless of where you are as long as you produce out there, which is what Chad Johnson does. It's not like college where a great season from a guy that attend Southwestern Mississippi State A&M will get unnoticed, the NFL is a big market media for EVERY team.

Plus I'm sure everyone who plays fantasy football knows about him, and they don't see poses and dances on their stat sheet.

You actually are right, he needs to do what he has to in order to get noticed, which is why he is putting up the numbers that he has the past 3 years.

Not arguing the stats at all....but when a player wants to break into the superstardom territory of T.O., then putting up the numbers just isn't enough.....the stats demand caricature to put it all over the top.

I also don't agree that playing in all markets in the NFL gives you the same amount of media coverage. Playing in Cincinnati is not the same as playing in NYC or Philly, for example.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Not arguing the stats at all....but when a player wants to break into the superstardom territory of T.O., then putting up the numbers just isn't enough.....the stats demand caricature to put it all over the top.

I also don't agree that playing in all markets in the NFL gives you the same amount of media coverage. Playing in Cincinnati is not the same as playing in NYC or Philly, for example.

While it's not the same, I do believe that everyone can get noticed no matter where they play. It;s magnified in some places(NYC) but Cincy and Cleveland and Green Bay and Kansas City players don't have to do anything over the top to become a star.

ozomulsion
09-29-2005, 06:43 PM
Now there is an explosive WR we can talk about.

Not only that, the guy is incredibly strong for his size too.

23 catches 342 yards and 4 TDs through 3 games. Safe to say he's getting the job done. Plus he returns punts.

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 06:44 PM

Breaking his leg last year hurt his rising stock, but he's right on pace again to become a top 10 WR in this league.

DB-Freak
09-29-2005, 07:04 PM
How Chad beats the CB's.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img6869510.jpg
Just flash em in the CBs eyes and blind them.

Bronx33
09-29-2005, 07:11 PM
How Chad beats the CB's.

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/football/nfl/img6869510.jpg
Just flash em in the CBs eyes and blind them.

A tribute to poor oral hygeine....

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 07:46 PM

I know who it is and shame on you. :nono:

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 07:49 PM

who is your guess?

Spider
09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
I guess chief fans are still not over the beat down they took monday night ...... ;D

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 07:52 PM
Out him!

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
who is your guess?

After further review there are two possibilities. I had one in mind when I posted previously and then I remembered another. But I'll go with.....

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2005/03/03_ap_vikes/images/gettymoss_large.jpg

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 07:55 PM
After further review there are two possibilities. I had one in mind when I posted previously and then I remembered another. But I'll go with.....

http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2005/03/03_ap_vikes/images/gettymoss_large.jpg

ahh, forgot about that one, but I did get a Randy Moss jersey during his rookie year, havent seen that jersey in awhile now since though...wouldnt wear it now anyway.

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
ahh, forgot about that one, but I did get a Randy Moss jersey during his rookie year, havent seen that jersey in awhile now since though...wouldnt wear it now anyway.

Well, since that wasn't it I'll throw out the guy who was my first thought. He's none other than......

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/174/1127/640/ray_stripes.jpg

scorpio
09-29-2005, 07:57 PM
who is your guess?

Isn't having a Manning jersey bad enough?? ???

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, since that wasn't it I'll throw out the guy who was my first thought. He's none other than......

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/174/1127/640/ray_stripes.jpg

Damn people and their memories...

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
!Booya!

FADERPROOF
09-29-2005, 07:59 PM
!Booya!

But hey, its fun for some laughs when wearing it around Browns fans...

Clockwork Orange
09-29-2005, 08:02 PM
But hey, its fun for some laughs when wearing it around Browns fans...

Here's what you should do to really tweak Browns fans collective balls. Wear that Ray Ray jersey and mouth off a bit. Then say OK, OK, I'll take off the jersey. Pull off the Ray Ray jersey to reveal.......a John Elway jersey.

They'll love ya! :wiggle:

Goobzilla
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Random Football thought: Buddy Ryans's sons are not really good as D Coordinators. Maybe the apple did fall far from the tree.

...But I bet they can take a punch :boxing:

Meck77
09-29-2005, 09:41 PM
I wonder what ole Buddy is doing these days? Though I would leave you all with this final random pic post.

A little road game mojo for the Jax game.

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 09:49 PM
I wonder what ole Buddy is doing these days? Though I would leave you all with this final random pic post.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=12694&stc=1

That picture might not be so random. The last time Buddy retired from the NFL, it was to raise quarterhorses.

BroncoBuff
09-29-2005, 10:34 PM

I thought this year they were allowed to change the MNF matchup in the 2nd half of the season, depending on which matchups were better.

(and) Chad Johnson is the real deal, imo. I'll bet Champ Bailey agrees. You know, both Chad and Champ are "Fatheads!"

Rock Chalk
09-29-2005, 10:44 PM
In some strange way, I feel karmic sorrow for Randy Moss. I honestly believe he wanted to just get in another place to start over and ended up in hell.

I still hate him though.

If I could have any QB in the league, Id take Donovan McNabb. Here is a guy who can not only throw an absolutely beautiful pass, but scramble well, play hurt (broken fibula anyone?) and be a quiet, confident leader who teammates will follow. Has the heart of a champion and the talent of one too.

Tatum is such a serious threat, and even if he cant pick up the blitz well, we can work in a toss or sweep or two to him during the games to change things up on teams and he has the explosiveness to break it open big. Keep Mike as our regular guy, but having that sort of change of pace back is real nice.

Zach Crockett is good for 2 yards no matter what you do. That might be all he gets, but he will get two.

Patrick Surtain is highly overrated. I don't say that to rankle chef fans, I say that because it is true.

Im still wondering what all the fuss about Lamont Jordan is.

What gives with poster child Peyton Manning this year? I told everyone he was in for a down year, no one believes Alec. Fear not, lots of time for him to do something, but technically I speak in truth regardless of what happens because anything he does except eclipsing last years record year will be a down year.

Cadillac Williams is a stud.

Im gonna go ahead and throw some random baseball thoughts in here: GO ASTROS!

Chad Johnson might be better than TO in a couple of years. Especially if Palmer is throwing to him the whole time.

Michael Vick throws a beautiful tight spiral....way off the mark, pretty though.

Skip Bayless mentioned today in Page 2 that he wants to get rid of all kicking in the game of Football. According to my research, that would be deleting the one thing holding the football of today to its original game, suspected of being a kicking and running hybrid game that evolved from earlier kicking games and running games. Kicking has always been a part of football and should always remain so, or really, its no longer football. Hence the word foot. We could call it oblongball then. Ensure that you let Skip Bayless know what an ignoble idiot he is.

Steven A might be the dumbest mother ****er on the planet and that includes the kids that ride on those short busses.

My dad said the following should be in the HoF: Haven Moses, Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Rich Jackson, Louis Wright, Simon Fletcher, Tom Jackson, Karl Mecklenberg, Rulon Jones, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater and Shannon Sharpe. Of those, I believe only Shannon will get in.

Im ready to annoint Rod Smith :super: with John Elway, who's with me?

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Skip Bayless mentioned today in Page 2 that he wants to get rid of all kicking in the game of Football. According to my research, that would be deleting the one thing holding the football of today to its original game, suspected of being a kicking and running hybrid game that evolved from earlier kicking games and running games. Kicking has always been a part of football and should always remain so, or really, its no longer football. Hence the word foot. We could call it oblongball then. Ensure that you let Skip Bayless know what an ignoble idiot he is.
Aikman should have whupped his ass when Bayless started spreading rumors that Troy was a boy toy.

Rock Chalk
09-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Aikman should have whupped his ass when Bayless started spreading rumors that Troy was a boy toy.
Id pay 100 dollars to view that in HiDef

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 10:58 PM
According to rumor, Troy consulted with his lawyer about how much he figured to lose in a civil suit if he did indeed lay a beatdown on Bayless. He estimated that the pleasure he derived wouldn't be worth enriching Bayless for slandering him.

24champ
09-29-2005, 10:58 PM

i would pay 100 bucks for Woody Paige kick the crap out of Bayless on highdef too of course...

Rock Chalk
09-29-2005, 11:00 PM
According to rumor, Troy consulted with his lawyer about how much he figured to lose in a civil suit if he did indeed lay a beatdown on Bayless. He estimated that the pleasure he derived wouldn't be worth enriching Bayless for slandering him.
Could have paid me to do it. Then hired me a lawyer far more pricey than Skip could afford and got me acquitted. Id have done it for 100 bucks, plus lawyer fees. Would ahve been cheaper.

Id have done it on live TV too, he could have gotten me on the set :)

BroncoBuff
09-29-2005, 11:03 PM
Problem with that rumor is - it might be true. Is that why Bayless left Dallas after 20 years to go to the San Jose Mercury News? Seems like that would be an over-reaction, but know this: The only thing those folks in Dallas take more seriously that their Cowboys is their gay-bashing.

My dad said the following should be in the HoF: Haven Moses, Floyd Little, Randy Gradishar, Rich Jackson, Louis Wright, Simon Fletcher, Tom Jackson, Karl Mecklenberg, Rulon Jones, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater and Shannon Sharpe.
"SHOULD be"?! Silly Dad! Where's YOUR short bus? Sharpe, obviously. And Rich Jeckson, definitely (but only if you have a VERY keen sense of history), Gradishar and Atwater -I think V E R Y unlikely.

But Tom Jackson? Rulon Jones? Simon Fletcher? I love all those guys, but I doubt they got/will get one vote. Louis Wright is my all-time favorite athlete (along with Lafayette "Fat" Lever), but Louie only went to 4 - maybe 5 Pro Bowls in 11 years!

I'm with you on Rod :super:, though . . . with Trevor getting close.

`

Rock Chalk
09-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Problem with that rumor is - it might be true. Is that why Bayless left Dallas after 20 years to go to the San Jose Mercury News? Seems like that would be an over-reaction, but know this: The only thing those folks in Dallas take more seriously that their Cowboys is their gay-bashing.

"SHOULD be"?! Silly Dad! Where's YOUR short bus? Sharpe, obviously. And Rich Jeckson, definitely (but only if you have a VERY keen sense of history), Gradishar and Atwater - V E R Y unlikely . . . but Tom Jackson? Rulon Jones? Simon Fletcher? I love all those guys, but I doubt they got even one vote. Louis Wright is my all-time favorite athlete (along with Lafayette "Fat" Lever), but Louie only went to 4 - maybe 5 Pro Bowls in 11 years!

`
Well I dont like you already. To the black you go!

Thats bull**** Slappy. I had to give out all that meaningless rep to random twits to give you rep again and this prick was one of them I wasted a rep on.

If only I could have the last 30 minutes back.

BroncoBuff
09-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Well I dont like you already. To the black you go!

Thats bull**** Slappy. I had to give out all that meaningless rep to random twits to give you rep again and this prick was one of them I wasted a rep on.

If only I could have the last 30 minutes back.

Hold on . . . you don't like my opinion, fine. But you really think those guys belong in the "Pro Football Hall of Fame"? TJ, Simon and Rulon could probably buy a ticket to get in, but other than that . . .

Make your case - don't call me a twit! (I was kidding about your Dad - sorry if it offended you, really. And thanks for the Ctrl + refresh tip on the other thread.)

If that "rep" bothers you - I'll give it back. My opinions are mine.

BroncoBuff
09-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Wait a minute, you didn't say "twit" - you said "prick". You called me a "prick" because YOU know nothing of the HOF admission standards?

I'm telling Taco John on you! ~Popps~

-Slap-
09-29-2005, 11:19 PM

"SHOULD be"?! Silly Dad! Where's YOUR short bus? Sharpe, obviously. And Rich Jeckson, definitely (but only if you have a VERY keen sense of history), Gradishar and Atwater -I think V E R Y unlikely.

But Tom Jackson? Rulon Jones? Simon Fletcher? I love all those guys, but I doubt they got/will get one vote. Louis Wright is my all-time favorite athlete (along with Lafayette "Fat" Lever), but Louie only went to 4 - maybe 5 Pro Bowls in 11 years!

I'm with you on Rod :super:, though . . . with Trevor getting close.

`

Louis went to five Pro Bowls in 12 seasons.

Do you believe Wright, Gradishar and Atwater don't deserve the Hall of Fame, or just that they have little hope of getting elected?

24champ
09-29-2005, 11:21 PM
sorry to interrupt this b****-fest but i found something that should be the ORANGE MANES new logo or something.... ;D

http://files.slonov.net/files/celebrities/Molly_Sims/wallpaper/1024/Molly_Sims_003.jpg

easymobee
09-29-2005, 11:43 PM
We have one of these on another board I post at and it's done wonders by keeping page 1 focused on solid football topics.

What other board do you post at?

Is it Broncos or general NFL?

BroncoBuff
09-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Louis went to five Pro Bowls in 12 seasons.

Do you believe Wright, Gradishar and Atwater don't deserve the Hall of Fame, or just that they have little hope of getting elected?
I'm sorry if AlecRaenos felt insulted - seriously. I was trying to be funny.

It's just that the Hall LOVES Super Bowl winners. I guess Atwater might deserve it, but not the others (I was pretty close with the Louie Wright numbers, though - off the top of the head?).

Compare these guys to their contemporaries at the same position - off the top of my head:

Randy Gradishar vs. Tommy Nobis, Harry Carson, Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary.
Gradishar doesn't compare well here, and I don't think Tommy Nobis is even in the Hall anyway (no Super Bowl - all the others I list won SBs). Gradishar was a great leader - Orange Crush captain - and a first class short-yardage stuffer. But the only big play I remember was a 99-yard fumble return vs. - I think - Cleveland. And how many Pro Bowls? Every other year - maybe. Believe it or not, Pro Bowls matter! I loved Randy, but his real legacy I think was one of the very best COLLEGE MLBs ever.

Louis Wright vs. Mike Haynes, Mel Blount, Roger Wehrli, Lester Hayes, Raymond Claiborne
Like I said, along with Fat Lever (and curiously, Bobby Witt) Louie is my favorite athlete ever. But he's simply not at the same level with those guys (and there are others I'm not thinking of). And 5 Pro Bowls in 12 years? That's "damning with faint praise." Shouldn't even get one vote.

Steve Atwater vs. Donnie Shell, Dennis Smith, LeeRoy Butler (?),Jack Tatum and OBVIOUSLY Ronnie Lott Atwater should get votes, I guess. He won 2 SBs - and went to numerous Pro Bowls, I think. It just seems to me that Billy Thompson - and even Dennis Simth - were as good or better.

`
Broncos who DO belong in HOF, imho:
Shannon Sharpe
Gary Zimmerman
T.D. (screw the "system" - just compare his numbers to Sayers, and many others)
Tom Nalen (maybe)
Steve Atwater (maybe)
Jason Elam (outside shot)
Rod Smith (3 or 4 more productive years and maybe)
Darrent Williams (OOPS! Getting ahead of myself!)

The HOF comes calling AFTER a team wins SB - just ask Dan Hampton.

`

-Slap-
09-30-2005, 12:14 AM
I tend to believe that Pro Bowls mean something as far as eventual enshrinement in Canton, but in reality, they often mean very little.

I think you're severly underrating some of the best players in franchise history on this thread, so I imagine you might do the same with a less celebrated Bronco. Simon Fletcher had almost 100 sacks, including a season with 16 and 13.5 in two other campaigns. Not a single Pro Bowl, though.

Was that fair?

Was it fair that Donnie Shell went to at least one Pro Bowl that should have been Dennis Smith's?

Was it fair that the Broncos went 13-3 in 1983, yet only sent Sammy Winder to Honolulu?

BroncoBuff
09-30-2005, 01:00 AM
I tend to believe that Pro Bowls mean something as far as eventual enshrinement in Canton, but in reality, they often mean very little.

I think you're severly underrating some of the best players in franchise history on this thread, so I imagine you might do the same with a less celebrated Bronco. Simon Fletcher had almost 100 sacks, including a season with 16 and 13.5 in two other campaigns. Not a single Pro Bowl, though.

Was that fair?

Was it fair that Donnie Shell went to at least one Pro Bowl that should have been Dennis Smith's?

Was it fair that the Broncos went 13-3 in 1983, yet only sent Sammy Winder to Honolulu?
My turn to correct YOU (for a change) It was 1984 - and we lost to the 8-8 Steelers in Round 1 of the playoffs - IN MILE HIGH STADIUM!!! The Abercrombie-Pollard Steelers. That was the year of Butch Johnson and Clarence Kay.

Fletcher does have excellent sack numbers, and perhaps I am underrating these guys, but I am influenced by a VERY long wire service story I read in the L.A. Times in LAX once, about 2 days before they announced the Elway/Barry Sanders class. My recollection of that very detailed article was: 1) It's actually very HARD to get in, theres only I think appx 225 guys thru 85 years, 2) They LOVE Super Bowl winners, 3) They LOVE All-Pro and All-Decade team selectees, and 4) They DO NOT LIKE specialty guys - not just "Ray Guy" type specialty guys, but special players they percieve as "novelties" or "tweeners" - like Mecklenburg - who was a "tweener."

I love Louie Wright, but 15 or 20 franchises have one or two (or more) guys just like Louie Wright over the last 30 years - and they all think they should be in there, too. I'm sure there's Patriot fans who think Ray Claiborne should be in - or Cincy fans who think Ken Anderson should be in, etc... etc... There's lots of teams and lots of guys.

Truth is - I am no expert on HOF - not by a longshot!

BroncoBuff
09-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Okay - nothing like a little research on the topic. I'm surprised we didn't do this before. Here's the scoop:

In the Modern Era (post-WWII) there is a total of only SEVENTEEN DBs in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Even worse - that 17 total is safeties and cornerbacks COMBINED!

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.jsp

I guess that ends the Louis Wright/Steve Atwater argument. And with just 16 LBs, I guess Fletcher is out, too. Won't even discuss Tom Jackson, Rulon Jones and Dennis Smith. Man, how the **** did I get in the position to argue AGAINST these guys?! They're my favorite guys EVER!
`

(BTW - My memory was pretty close on that L.A. Times article . . . after the Dan Marino/Steve Young class, there's 229 members. No punters, no returners, and just 1 kicker - Jan Stenerud).

TUG
09-30-2005, 06:45 AM
How can anyone justify only one Bronco being in the hall of fame. This team has been to 6 super bowls and you are telling me they only had one HOF caliber player on any of those teams. We are talking about one of the best Ds in the history of the NFL in the Orange Crush and we have nobody. All those players compare to their contemporaries they just didn't get the NFL films treatment of those other players. Karl Mecklenberg was every bit as good as Singletary maybe more so with his versitility. There wasn't a more feared pair of safetys in the NFL than Smith and Atwater. But as long as the east coast writers choose the HOF Denver will be an afterthought.

-Slap-
09-30-2005, 07:43 AM
How can anyone justify only one Bronco being in the hall of fame. This team has been to 6 super bowls and you are telling me they only had one HOF caliber player on any of those teams. We are talking about one of the best Ds in the history of the NFL in the Orange Crush and we have nobody. All those players compare to their contemporaries they just didn't get the NFL films treatment of those other players. Karl Mecklenberg was every bit as good as Singletary maybe more so with his versitility. There wasn't a more feared pair of safetys in the NFL than Smith and Atwater. But as long as the east coast writers choose the HOF Denver will be an afterthought.
Not just that, but I believe the Broncos are the winningest (or second winningest) team in the NFL over the last 25 years.

Karl Mecklenberg didn't get to play behind Dent, Danimal, Mongo and Fridge and he didn't have Madden sucking his balls during every broadcast.

Broncoman13
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Here's what you should do to really tweak Browns fans collective balls. Wear that Ray Ray jersey and mouth off a bit. Then say OK, OK, I'll take off the jersey. Pull off the Ray Ray jersey to reveal.......a John Elway jersey.

They'll love ya! :wiggle:

And then under that Elway Jersey sport the Chad Johnson jersey!

Rock Chalk
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Wait a minute, you didn't say "twit" - you said "prick". You called me a "prick" because YOU know nothing of the HOF admission standards?

I'm telling Taco John on you! ~Popps~
Perhaps you need to re-read my post. My pops believes all those guys BELONG there, I said that only Shannon would go.

I never once said that me or my dad believe they WOULD go.

Reading comprehension does wonders.

BMF Bronco
09-30-2005, 07:49 AM
"If I could have any QB in the league, Id take Donovan McNabb. Here is a guy who can not only throw an absolutely beautiful pass, but scramble well, play hurt (broken fibula anyone?) and be a quiet, confident leader who teammates will follow. Has the heart of a champion and the talent of one too."

agreed

Hogan11
09-30-2005, 08:32 AM
I'll never set foot in Canton as long as Floyd Little isn't there.....

Guess that means I'm never going.....no big thing IMO.

Pick Six
09-30-2005, 10:22 AM

Absolutely. I was shocked there wasn't multiple threads praising Rod Smith for his accomplishment achieved Monday. He even absorbed a late hit from Sammy "Bob has a cute pet name for me" Knight for his troubles.

BroncoBuff
09-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Perhaps you need to re-read my post. My pops believes all those guys BELONG there, I said that only Shannon would go.

I never once said that me or my dad believe they WOULD go.

Reading comprehension does wonders.

Hay! I reed! And I comper-hend, to. Dont bee meen two mee.

Goobzilla
09-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Timmy Smith busted on coke charges today. Guess that's karma, eh?

Goobzilla
09-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Today is also the 3 year anniversary of us getting humiliated by the Ravens on Monday Night.

watermock
09-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Today is also the 3 year anniversary of us getting humiliated by the Ravens on Monday Night.

That blindside by Ray Ray the killer was the biggest cheap shot of all time. I was surprised Burns got up. He must of been decleated to the point he didn't take the full impact.

Who was the two that hit that Green Bay dude on a similiar play that I think was an interception and broke his hip? Wasn't that Sapp?

Meck77
09-30-2005, 03:22 PM
So Mock what's the latest on Beezle? Any good kills lately? Ha!

ludo21
09-30-2005, 03:29 PM
That blindside by Ray Ray the killer was the biggest cheap shot of all time. I was surprised Burns got up. He must of been decleated to the point he didn't take the full impact.

Who was the two that hit that Green Bay dude on a similiar play that I think was an interception and broke his hip? Wasn't that Sapp?

Yep it was Sapp, i didnt find that hit too cheap tho, OL should have been keeping his head on a swivel as your taught. He even said that.

Hogan11
09-30-2005, 03:49 PM

That will be avenged Dec. 11, no worries.

Meck77
09-30-2005, 03:57 PM
for $1,000 you can have your very own Broncos hat! http://cgi.ebay.com/Broncos-knit-beanie_W0QQitemZ8700260847QQcategoryZ24713QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

It has to be a mistake or the guy is on crack.

ROYC75
09-30-2005, 04:03 PM
As far as I'm concerned the best Monday night game has already been played in our house!

I disagree, I thought we sucked. ugh!~ :stuck: :redbutt:

Props for game # 1 ......Game # 2 is ours ! :)

elsid13
09-30-2005, 04:08 PM
This weekend the baseball (Red Sox/Yankee game) should out draw watchers of NFL for long time. Go Sox.

This is the best time of year for watching sports.

Clockwork Orange
09-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Timmy Smith busted on coke charges today. Guess that's karma, eh?

At least now we know that there's someone out there who can catch him.

Circle Orange
09-30-2005, 07:42 PM
The thread for your random football comments that don't necessarily deserve a thread. (help keep the main board clean!) If a good topic starts to evolve you or someone can always yank it out of here to start a seperate thread. We have one of these on another board I post at and it's done wonders by keeping page 1 focused on solid football topics. Consider this a chat thread.

Or if you are a newbie and not sure if a topic is thread worthy drop it here to get your feet wet. I've seen plenty of (clean out your pm threads). This place will work for that also.

Oh and Mock if you have a beezlebub story to tell this thread might work for you! ;D

So I was just looking thru the NFL schedule and noticed Green Bay has 3 more Monday night games. WTF? That is 3 monday nights where most of America will be turning their vcrs on to watch an old game tape by half time. When are they going to realize that the Packers are done and most of America could care less about them? As far as I'm concerned the best Monday night game has already been played in our house!

Three games that I promise to hit the 'mute' button. I can guarantee his other father, John Madden, will be breathing heavily with every move Brett makes. We'll hear about all the tragedy he's overcome, how heroic he is, how he's one of the greatest of all time, how he just loves to play the game, how the team isn't any good, how he isn't having any fun, how he's such a leader, how he...hoo...haa... :moon: :hitself:

Raider Bill
09-30-2005, 10:02 PM
You guys still lookin for this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Chadjig.gif

watermock
09-30-2005, 10:06 PM

I didn't know he was Irish! "Hand that man a Guniess"...

BRILLIANT!

No1BroncoFan
10-01-2005, 12:44 AM
for $1,000 you can have your very own Broncos hat! http://cgi.ebay.com/Broncos-knit-beanie_W0QQitemZ8700260847QQcategoryZ24713QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

It has to be a mistake or the guy is on crack.
If we had won that game and If it were autographed by every Bronco who played in that game he still might not get that much cash for it.

Ben

BroncoBuff
10-01-2005, 02:14 AM
If we had won that game and If it were autographed by every Bronco who played in that game he still might not get that much cash for it.

Ben
It's also FALSE ADVERTISING! He says it's from the "Orange Crush Days" - and the Roman numeral - XXII - even made me think "12" . . . problem is, there's one too many "X"s. That's the Redskins Super Bowl - 10 years after the "Orange Crush Days".

And if the price is NOT a mistake, then I take it as an insult to all Broncos fans! As if we're all a bunch of over-stimulated, backward fans who'd consider such a modest item valuable.

(Hmmmm . . . just got paid today . . . let's see . . . ;D )

BroncoBuff
10-01-2005, 02:16 AM

I didn't know he was Irish! "Hand that man a Guniess"...

BRILLIANT!

For what it's worth . . . On HBO, Cris Collinsworth bet Chris Carter $100 that Carter can't do that Riverdance as well as Chad did.

Tune in next week! :curtsey:

Rock Chalk
10-01-2005, 11:54 AM
This weekend the baseball (Red Sox/Yankee game) should out draw watchers of NFL for long time. Go Sox.

This is the best time of year for watching sports.
Im still gonna go with March as the best time of year for sports.

Rock Chalk
10-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Three games that I promise to hit the 'mute' button. I can guarantee his other father, John Madden, will be breathing heavily with every move Brett makes. We'll hear about all the tragedy he's overcome, how heroic he is, how he's one of the greatest of all time, how he just loves to play the game, how the team isn't any good, how he isn't having any fun, how he's such a leader, how he...hoo...haa... :moon: :hitself:
Funny thing about that. Brett Favre is all of that. Quite simply one of the best QBs to ever play, right behind John Elway, above Marino, above Montana, and above Unitas.

Meck77
10-01-2005, 02:20 PM
So I was flying out of DIA this morning decked out in my Broncos gear when the security people said "If you wait 5 minutes you'll see all the Broncos come thru here". So I did. Lynch lead the pack. Nobody even recognized him till I blurted out "Lynch go get em!!!!!!" He smiled and did a pump of the arm. The fellas rolled thru in pretty much their respective units. I didn't really want to bug any of them but I took a few quick pics. Talked to Darrent and Paymah for a second. Their sprits are high and DW seemed to be walking just fine. Wished Foster some good luck and that was it. I was hoping to catch Rod Smith and Plummer but they were straggling behind I guess.

Sorry not much to report as I didn't want to hound the guys with questions but I'm sure by now the team has arrived in JAX.

ak1971
10-01-2005, 03:56 PM
It's also FALSE ADVERTISING! He says it's from the "Orange Crush Days" - and the Roman numeral - XXII - even made me think "12" . . . problem is, there's one too many "X"s. That's the Redskins Super Bowl - 10 years after the "Orange Crush Days".

And if the price is NOT a mistake, then I take it as an insult to all Broncos fans! As if we're all a bunch of over-stimulated, backward fans who'd consider such a modest item valuable.

(Hmmmm . . . just got paid today . . . let's see . . . ;D )

speaking of that Super Bowl.....
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3077386

hero to zero

Broncoman13
10-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Somebody click on this link and see if the shoes I designed come up... This is pretty sweet!!!

[url]http://nikeid.nike.com/nikeid/index.jhtml?ref=global_home#build,running,
_747572626f5f6f7a5f30353031,1100024

Edit... I guess you can't see them by clicking on this link... I'll try to do a screen capture thing or something. Orange, Blue and White...with Broncos on them!!!

Circle Orange
10-01-2005, 08:25 PM

Everyone in DC danced at the controversy...but Bayless can let it go now. Troy ain't interested, Jason Garrett is his 'best friend.'

So there. The world has many colors, and Troy knows better than anyone, hee...:rainbow:

Hogan11
10-02-2005, 05:27 AM
You guys still lookin for this

That's still the gayest endzone celebration I've ever seen.....

Odysseus
10-02-2005, 08:33 AM
Broncos:
I thought Putzier was going to do better this year. He taken advantage of his opportunitys but I want more.

Michael Irvin is too loud too often and there seems to be no cure.

Redskins aren't giving up anything.

Cadillac Williams is really really good. Broncos need a dominant running back OR a dominant QB or both. All the heat on Plummer is misguided. The Broncos need a tandem to solve their problems...ask Bob's kid.

It's early in the season but half the teams playing are already done. Broncos need to play with urgency or they will get lost in the pack.

Rod Smith is better than Chad. He worked for it and done it a lot longer. Rod doesn't get people ire up though. That's too bad.

League wide:
Patriots are blowing oil. How much can they really take?

Hogan is right about Floyd Little.

Wow. Lamont Jordan really does suck.

Meck77
10-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I watched the Broncos vs Raiders game Mile High 1986 yesterday. Broncos won 38-36. I haven't seen any of these old game in a long time. Talk about up and down the field football. Man those were excicting times with John at the controls. Just makes me wonder how many superbowls we could have won with a running back or atleast a running game. *sigh* Watching these tapes makes me want that Mile High Magic back in our stadium that much more. It starts with beating the jags today. If we can do that the momentum will continue back at home that we had at KC game.

Come on Broncos win today!

DivineLegion
10-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Match up of the Week Coop vs big MARCUS STROUD!!!

if Coop dosent hold up and make his block the broncos lose this game!

nooner
10-02-2005, 09:00 AM
sorry to interrupt this b****-fest but i found something that should be the ORANGE MANES new logo or something.... ;D

http://files.slonov.net/files/celebrities/Molly_Sims/wallpaper/1024/Molly_Sims_003.jpg

now thats a great pic!

ROYC75
10-02-2005, 09:15 AM
By golly it's Molly.......... nice.

FADERPROOF
10-02-2005, 10:09 AM
That's still the gayest endzone celebration I've ever seen.....
What's with the gay obsession with Chad Johnson all of a sudden?

Hogan11
10-02-2005, 01:37 PM
What's with the gay obsession with Chad Johnson all of a sudden?

Gay obsession? Hey, I'm not the one with him as my avatar and defending him from everyone and everything.

BTW he must be pouting big time today....no TD's means no face time....my heart just bleeds for him Ha!

FADERPROOF
10-02-2005, 05:50 PM
Gay obsession? Hey, I'm not the one with him as my avatar and defending him from everyone and everything.

BTW he must be pouting big time today....no TD's means no face time....my heart just bleeds for him Ha!

I worded that wrong, I didnt mean that you had a gay obsession with him, but just that everyrime someone talks about that TD celebration, you make a post about how gay it was.

He still had a good game, afterall there's 3 things in life that are certain: death, taxes, and that Chad Johnson is always open.

Meck77
10-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Question:

How many games is Favre behind Elways all time winning record? I'm pretty sure if the packers lose Monday night that even if the Packers win out John's record would be safe assuming Favre retired after the end of this season. Disco and I ran the numbers a couple weeks ago and I thought Favre needed 12 wins this year?

Thanks in advance

Hogan11
10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I worded that wrong, I didnt mean that you had a gay obsession with him, but just that everyrime someone talks about that TD celebration, you make a post about how gay it was.

Sorry Man, I think grown men dancing like that is gay.....sue me.

I don't know what the hell that thing TO did today was supposed to be....some sort of Indian Hindu thing maybe?

Just spike the damn ball and flip off the crowd....that works for me Ha!

He still had a good game, afterall there's 3 things in life that are certain: death, taxes, and that Chad Johnson is always open.

The only big Johnson I care about is my own (insert rimshot here) Ha!

Rock Chalk
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
I thought Houston played them Bengals remarkably well. I figured they were gonna get blown out but essentially it came down to the final minutes and a controversial call which essentially put the Texans out of the game.

They showed signs of life though and Cincy showed some signs of weakness that weren't there before.

Bronx33
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Question:

How many games is Favre behind Elways all time winning record? I'm pretty sure if the packers lose Monday night that even if the Packers win out John's record would be safe assuming Favre retired after the end of this season. Disco and I ran the numbers a couple weeks ago and I thought Favre needed 12 wins this year?

Thanks in advance

Elway-(148-82-1; (.643)
FARVE-(135-70-0; (.659)

SoCalBronco
10-02-2005, 08:38 PM
Elway-(148-82-1; (.643)
FARVE-(135-70-0; (.659)

Hopefully not only will Favre retire after this year thereby preserving Elway's record but hopefully the Packers do horribly enough so that John can overtake Brett on the winning percentage, although I think he still wouldnt be no. 1, I think Young has the best.

Raider Bill
10-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Wow. Lamont Jordan really does suck.

Dallas hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 14 games. Jordan hung 126 on them at almost a 5 ypc clip.

Nice road win for you guys, Donks look good I have to admit.

Hogan11
10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't believe in Dallas.

Odysseus
10-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Dallas hasnt allowed a 100 yard rusher in 14 games. Jordan hung 126 on them at almost a 5 ypc clip.

Nice road win for you guys, Donks look good I have to admit.

Thanks for the congrats. How the heck did Dallas let this game go?

I think the Raiders have the same problem the Broncos have and that is the lack of a home run hitter at running back. I'm referring to Cadillac Williams type guy. That guy is really good.

This past Sunday:
L Jordan 26 / 126 / long 24
M Anderson 23 / 115 / long 22

I love the Marine but our running attack isn't a home run threat either at this point. I think our RBBC is one of the best in the league. I guess from a business standpoint it's the cheap way to get 200 yards a game.

Congrats on your first win especially against the Cowboys.

Meck77
10-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I don't believe in Dallas.

Me neither. I won't go so far as to declare a victory there on Thanksgiving but I can promise you that you will see alot of this in the parking lot when the Broncos fans arrive!

**** Dallas!

DomCasual
10-07-2005, 03:23 PM
now thats a great pic!
I'd say. Why can't we get HER riding Thunder after touchdowns?

Hogan11
10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Me neither. I won't go so far as to declare a victory there on Thanksgiving but I can promise you that you will see alot of this in the parking lot when the Broncos fans arrive!

**** Dallas!

I'll go that far Meck...........Dallas sucks and so do the Cowboys.

**** Dallas!

Meck77
10-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Bronx clear your darn pms!

-Slap-
10-07-2005, 05:27 PM
Hopefully not only will Favre retire after this year thereby preserving Elway's record but hopefully the Packers do horribly enough so that John can overtake Brett on the winning percentage, although I think he still wouldnt be no. 1, I think Young has the best.
If you locate a list of all time best QB winning percentages, please pass it along.

Raider Bill
10-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the congrats. How the heck did Dallas let this game go?

Because stuff like this kept happening on 3rd and short (Flozell Adams getting owned by Danny Clark)

http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=-4qfnVycgGk

Meck77
10-10-2005, 11:14 PM
Can somebody help to resize this pic to avatar size? Yeah I'm a dumbass no need to tell me.

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2005, 11:16 PM
Can somebody help to resize this pic to avatar size? Yeah I'm a dumbass no need to tell me.

Here ya go Meck. This should work.

Meck77
10-10-2005, 11:20 PM
negative ghost rider...it says it's still too big..

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2005, 11:24 PM
It's 200 x 135, the limit is 200 x 250...

Hmm, let me take another crack at it, if it still doesn't work you're gunna have to find the other people who are far more advanced in graphics then me.

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Try this, I know it doesn't look changed, but I reduced the size a tad more... If this doesn't work, somebody else will have to take a shot at it.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Broncos at 4-1 have the second longest winning streak in the NFL right behind the 5-0 colts.

The horsey's got a fast start out of the gate. :)

Meck77
10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Try this, I know it doesn't look changed, but I reduced the size a tad more... If this doesn't work, somebody else will have to take a shot at it.

thanks anyway.....I'll have to stick with the plain look. Something isn't working still.

Ratboy
10-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey Meck, This size works.. is it ok?

http://tinypic.com/ehnibb.jpg

Taco John
10-10-2005, 11:41 PM
I got him...

Meck77
10-10-2005, 11:57 PM
I got him...

You got skills! When 900 years you will reach look as good you will not!

Meck77
10-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Question.....somebody was telling me that Plummer called out the Broncos fans recently? I missed those threads? Anybody got the link to the article or the thread from here if it was on here?

Rascal
10-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Check out any Klossen thread.

easymobee
10-18-2005, 11:56 PM
I was reading over at Finheaven due to their upcoming game with the Chiefs and discovered that a lot of their posters are treating that opening day win like a feather in their cap.

Those of us who went over there before the opener unexpectedely found a confident fanbase that was pretty sure of a Phin win ( sadly they were right ).

Now, they're over there living off of the reputation of that single win.

Any opposing fan posts something about the Phins not being all that good and it turns into "Well we beat Denver and we all know how good they are playin'", i found it amusing.

-----------------------

Random Thought: I've watched 10 Bronco games this year (including preseason) and have gotten treated to 9 Bronco wins. 9-1 isn't too bad.

Maybe Preseason does mean something after all ( We never talked about preseason again after the Phins game, basically disregarding it fully ).

If nothing else, it means we have a group of guys who aren't used to losing more than once every 2-3 months.

easymobee
10-19-2005, 12:04 AM
One More: Tatum outclassed CP in the head to head matchup, but also exceeded CP's stats this Sunday. On just 1 run .....

CP had 77 yards rushing vs his former whipping boys (KC Chefs) on Sunday carrying it about 20 times.

Tatum had 1 carry for 78 yards vs NE later in the afternoon. (EDIT- it was only 68 yards/crap)

Skins fans are still well stocked on CP Kool-Aid in almost all areas except one ....

No TD's in 5 games.

5 TD's in 20 games.

They are starting to sweat that one.

Meck77
10-27-2005, 04:35 PM
Broncos vs Giants trip pics are up!

www.orangeforceone.com

Sorry that there are so many but it was a long trip from the drive to St. Louis, party at Ozzies in St louis, party at B-loves, the pee wee game, the party at Miami Mikes bar, The tailgate, the game, trip to NY, and back.

It's all there.

When we get a chance we will break them down into groups so it's easier to find the pics you want if you were in them.

ludo21
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Broncos vs Giants trip pics are up!

www.orangeforceone.com

Sorry that there are so many but it was a long trip from the drive to St. Louis, party at Ozzies in St louis, party at B-loves, the pee wee game, the party at Miami Mikes bar, The tailgate, the game, trip to NY, and back.

It's all there.

When we get a chance we will break them down into groups so it's easier to find the pics you want if you were in them.

Looks like you had a good time. Kids are awesome, they look amazed and excited to be in that sweet bus!!

Bronx33
10-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Scott looks three sheets to the wind here or about to be.......
http://www.orangeforceone.com/albums/vsGIANTS_NY_OCT2005/vsGIANTS_NY_OCT2005-Images/43.jpg

Meck77
10-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Scott looks three sheets to the wind here or about to be.......
http://www.orangeforceone.com/albums/vsGIANTS_NY_OCT2005/vsGIANTS_NY_OCT2005-Images/43.jpg

Well thats after we picked up Bum in Ft. Wayne and he just got done with about a 12 hour shift of driving. We just had just parked at a hotel in Jersey for the last leg of the trip in. It's the obligatory (Disco doing a shot after driving thread). It was just one night cap or maybe two.

Circle Orange
10-27-2005, 06:27 PM
Question:

Thanks in advance

Packers currently at 1-5 and looking good! :thumbsup:

Guess Brett's mojo ain't what it used to be. 3-13, I think or at best 6-10. Even if he catches John, the 148 is only regular season, not playoff wins. I doubt he'll match the total anyway.

John went out winning his last few years. Brett is just...well, Brett. The team's no good, and he's not good enough to make a difference anymore. Unless everyone can find more 'sympathetic' reasons for him to play. Bleh.

BTW, all members of the FLC here in DC are happy with recent developments...Lavar's back! Things were getting ugly in the capitol city. The coaches finally caved from the uproar.

Meck77
12-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Bronx clear out those pms dude.

Speaking of Packers. Does anyone really care if Favre plays hurt anymore just so he can keep his streak going? I think at this point his streak is becoming a burden on the team. Hit the pine Favre. Your're done man.

Bronx33
12-10-2005, 08:37 AM

Speaking of Packers. Does anyone really care if Favre plays hurt anymore just so he can keep his streak going? I think at this point his streak is becoming a burden on the team. Hit the pine Favre. Your're done man.

I cleaned house......

ludo21
12-10-2005, 08:39 AM

Favre has earned the right to play as long as he wants imo. He brought back excitement to the Pack organization. Even if they pulled him, who would they start, Rodgers, a rookie? I dont think he would do much better with the junk they have put in front of FAvre.

yavoon
12-10-2005, 08:50 AM
carnell williams would be an amazing running back in denver. wasted talent down there in tampa!:)

Odysseus
12-10-2005, 09:22 AM

Sign me up!

orange 4 life
12-10-2005, 10:04 AM

whats happening to favre now is just ANOTHER thing to make people realize how amazing elway was.
granted favres team is nothing compared to the late 90's broncos, but then again, favre is nothing compared to what elway was late in his career.

most all players play past their prime and you watch the sad diminishing of their skills.
with elway, you watched the man get BETTER as he got older, and you watched him win the mvp of the superbowl at age 38.
you watched him playing at an ALL PRO level in his final season.

simply the best...ever.....and without question.

favre can play as long as he wants, but he probably should go now before it gets worse.
just my .02

jake

-Slap-
12-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Favre might have Reggie Bush lining up behind him next year. I don't think he's going to walk away from that.

Meck77
02-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I dare somebody to buy this and wear it to a tailgate/game next year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Denver-Broncos-Old-School-Horse-Hat_W0QQitemZ8767736545QQcategoryZ24713QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

RhymesayersDU
03-29-2010, 07:51 PM
quite random.