PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Green upset after Chiefs D manhandles his first-team O

Bob's your Information Minister
08-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Pretty funny. Sour grapes, fat man.

"They (the Chiefs) blitz a lot in the preseason," Green said. "They don't have the kind of defense (to blitz a lot) in the regular season; it means too much. But in the preseason every year, they blitz a lot."

Raiders Rock
08-21-2005, 09:12 AM
I will have to agree with Green here.... Blitzing all nite in the Pre-season means you want to win a game more than developing your defense for when the games count.

08-21-2005, 09:17 AM
I will have to agree with Green here.... Blitzing all nite in the Pre-season means you want to win a game more than developing your defense for when the games count.

The Chiefs D blitzes alot in the regular season anyway. Not only is it sour grapes, but Green is flat out wrong.

Bronco9798
08-21-2005, 09:22 AM
This is one of those "who care" threads.

The Chiefs blitzed and Green was mad. *yawn*

Northman
08-21-2005, 09:22 AM
by that one comment from Green it doesnt sound like sour grapes to me. where is the full story?

08-21-2005, 09:23 AM
by that one comment from Green it doesnt sound like sour grapes to me. where is the full story?

It's definitely sour grapes. The Chiefs blitzed. The Cardinals folded like a cheap tent. Dennis Green was pissed about. So he decided to insult the Chiefs.

Northman
08-21-2005, 09:25 AM
It's definitely sour grapes. The Chiefs blitzed. The Cardinals folded like a cheap tent. Dennis Green was pissed about. So he decided to insult the Chiefs.

Where's the insult? you mean his comment about ' they dont have the kind of defense to do that in regular season? ' i would say that is very accurate, especially the last couple of years. sounds to me like Green got under your skin with that comment.

Mastermind2002
08-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Where's the insult? you mean his comment about ' they dont have the kind of defense to do that in regular season? ' i would say that is very accurate, especially the last couple of years. sounds to me like Green got under your skin with that comment.

Bingo!

Hercules Rockefeller
08-21-2005, 09:29 AM
Isn't it an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to blitz that often in the preseason?

Northman
08-21-2005, 09:30 AM
Isn't it an unwritten rule that you're not supposed to blitz that often in the preseason?

I thought that as well, it is something about not trying to injure all the opposing players. i thought they had like a limit on how many blitzes they can use.

Hercules Rockefeller
08-21-2005, 09:32 AM
I thought that as well, it is something about not trying to injure all the opposing players.

I think it's one player they're concerned about, and that's a QB getting taken out by an unblocked LB in a meaningless game.

Northman
08-21-2005, 09:35 AM
I think it's one player they're concerned about, and that's a QB getting taken out by an unblocked LB in a meaningless game.

Was this stemmed from the Romo hit on Collins a few years back?

Hercules Rockefeller
08-21-2005, 09:36 AM
Was this stemmed from the Romo hit on Collins a few years back?

I think that "rule" is something that's existed for awhile, Romo probably reinforced every coaches hope that everyone uphold it.

dumpy
08-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I noticed watching the Chiefs game they were running the bread and butter Goonther defense. the all out blitz!! All I could think of watching it was McCaffery 3 yard slant and taking it to the Chokes 1 yard line (TD scored later). Keeping running those blitzes. That defense is going to get picked apart again.

Raiders Rock
08-21-2005, 09:39 AM
It would not hurt my feelings a bit to have the NFL make a pre season rule, if the QB is touched he is down and not award him with any yards if he runs beyond the LOS

This would enable your starting QB to get more work and that is what pre season is all about.

Raiders Rock
08-21-2005, 09:41 AM
I noticed watching the Chiefs game they were running the bread and butter Goonther defense. the all out blitz!! I'll I could think of watching it was McCaffery 3 yard slant and taking it to the Chokes 1 yard line (TD scored later). Keeping running those blitzes. That defense is going to get picked apart again.

Oh they may blitz the Raiders once, but when Kerry soft lobs a pass for Moss to run under it, that will cure that crap fast

Try that BS against a AFC West team and not the pitiful Cardinals Cheaps

Mediator12
08-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Funny Bob, I have told you all offseason how KC had to Blitz to stop the run last year and your trite little answer was but we improved our run defense :puff:

Now Dennis Green makes the comment on how much the Chiefs HAD to blitz in the preseason and you think it is sour grapes. If the title fits....

08-21-2005, 09:48 AM

The bottom line, is, we DO do it in the regular season.

El Guapo
08-21-2005, 10:04 AM
The bottom line, is, we DO do it in the regular season.

and for some reason it doesnt work then. _i_O_i_

DBroncos4life
08-21-2005, 10:09 AM
I really could see KC putting in the starters late in the 4th Q to get a win.

ludo21
08-21-2005, 10:14 AM
But the REAL point is, the cards chumps are better than the chefs chumps and the cars won!

08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
and for some reason it doesnt work then. _i_O_i_

It worked quite well, our DBs just couldn't cover. We have some new DBs this year.

Bronco9798
08-21-2005, 10:37 AM
It worked quite well, our DBs just couldn't cover. We have some new DBs this year.

You have Surtain, period. Everyone will throw at McCleon and then when Warfield returns, they'll throw at him. Surtain will be a lonely man this year.

Jetmeck
08-21-2005, 10:39 AM
I noticed watching the Chiefs game they were running the bread and butter Goonther defense. the all out blitz!! All I could think of watching it was McCaffery 3 yard slant and taking it to the Chokes 1 yard line (TD scored later). Keeping running those blitzes. That defense is going to get picked apart again.

REP......lol

FADERPROOF
08-21-2005, 10:40 AM

I recall a preseason game a few years ago against the Bears where they sent Urlacher on a blitz and he hammered Griese for the sack, Shanahan was livid in the post game press conference about the Bears sending blitz packages all night and that play specifically.

08-21-2005, 10:40 AM
You have Surtain, period. Everyone will throw at McCleon and then when Warfield returns, they'll throw at him. Surtain will be a lonely man this year.

We also have Knight, who is a ballhawk.

And when Warfield returns, we're going to be even stronger, considering he was our best DB last year. And he won't be asked to cover #1's anymore.

And don't forget Jerome Woods ass is on the bench.

DBroncos4life
08-21-2005, 10:47 AM
We also have Knight, who is a ballhawk.

And when Warfield returns, we're going to be even stronger, considering he was our best DB last year. And he won't be asked to cover #1's anymore.

And don't forget Jerome Woods ass is on the bench.

I just don't know why they even play this year. With the talent that KC has SB should just be given to KC.

08-21-2005, 10:49 AM
I just don't know why they even play this year. With the talent that KC has SB should just be given to KC.

It means jack **** if that makes you feel better.

Jetmeck
08-21-2005, 10:49 AM
[QUOTE=

And don't forget Jerome Woods ass is on the bench.[/QUOTE]

Exactly where 3/4 of your defense would be if it were on any other team's roster. Last year it would have been more like 7/8.

08-21-2005, 10:59 AM
Exactly where 3/4 of your defense would be if it were on any other team's roster. Last year it would have been more like 7/8.

That's a load of crap. You're saying 7 or 8 of our defensive starters would be backups on most other teams?

GreatBronco16
08-21-2005, 11:01 AM
That's a load of crap. You're saying 7 or 8 of our defensive starters would be backups on most other teams?

Last years starters Boob.....Last years starters.

08-21-2005, 11:03 AM
Last years starters Boob.....Last years starters.

Last year he said it would have been 7/8, not 3/4.

GreatBronco16
08-21-2005, 11:04 AM
Last year he said it would have been 7/8, not 3/4.

Are you dumb or just plain stupid?

Smilin Assassin
08-21-2005, 11:05 AM
I don't think D. Green should be whining on this.

From what I saw, the front four of KC was getting NO pressure on the QB.

If you don't want blitzing, let a few of their doughboys through the line once in awhile.
:D

08-21-2005, 11:17 AM
Are you dumb or just plain stupid?

Apparently you are. 75% (3/4) of 11 is about 8. 87.5% (or 7/8) of 11 is about 10.

Tredici
08-21-2005, 11:29 AM
Somehow, I don't think it's about the math, Bob.

But carry on.

Atlas
08-21-2005, 04:35 PM
This is one of those "who care" threads.

The Chiefs blitzed and Green was mad. *yawn*

Should Chief threads be moved to another forum. I don't think they should be in the Bronco forum they should be moved to "the other football forum" or whatever name it has.

-Slap-
08-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Should Chief threads be moved to another forum. I don't think they should be in the Bronco forum they should be moved to "the other football forum" or whatever name it has.
I second this motion.

Bronco9798
08-21-2005, 05:06 PM
I second this motion.

Third!!

08-21-2005, 05:09 PM
Is a Chief thread defined as anything about the Chiefs?

Bronco9798
08-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Is a Chief thread defined as anything about the Chiefs?

That or Feces...

elsid13
08-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Third!!

Motion pass, and Boob The Dragon Master called and he wants his 12 sided dice back.

SNR_Chief
08-21-2005, 05:54 PM
Does that mean the "LOL... CHIEFS... CAMAROS... MULLETS.... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROLF ROFL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111" are moved to this new magic forum as well?

Clockwork Orange
08-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Does that mean the "LOL... CHIEFS... CAMAROS... MULLETS.... ROFL ROFL ROFL ROLF ROFL ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111" are moved to this new magic forum as well?

Yes, right there next to the "Gunther will fix everything" threads.

Kaylore
08-21-2005, 06:51 PM
I second this motion.
We should seriously do this. Give Bob his own little hovel to play in.

Sarcastro
08-21-2005, 07:04 PM

It used to be a while ago. Now and days teams seem to blitz a ton in the preseason. If you look at preseason game stats you can usually see who blitzed and who didn't from the 1st string QB's completion percentage. If it is really high, like say 15-19, then the opposing team probably didn't blitz that often. If it is more realistic, like say 12-22, then the opposing team was probably blitzing.

Kaylore
08-21-2005, 07:11 PM
It used to be a while ago. Now and days teams seem to blitz a ton in the preseason. If you look at preseason game stats you can usually see who blitzed and who didn't from the 1st string QB's completion percentage. If it is really high, like say 15-19, then the opposing team probably didn't blitz that often. If it is more realistic, like say 12-22, then the opposing team was probably blitzing.
This is true many times, though not always. We didn't need to blitz Alex Smith that much.

Sarcastro
08-21-2005, 07:25 PM
This is true many times, though not always. We didn't need to blitz Alex Smith that much.

It does happen enough now and days that HCs shouldn't act flabbergasted when it happens to their team.

Nuggets4
08-21-2005, 07:31 PM
I really could see KC putting in the starters late in the 4th Q to get a win.

I seem to remember in the early to mid 90s that Buddy Ryan reversed the preseason order so his starters would come in in the fourth quarter and they could secure the win. I think this was with the Cardinals. Anyone (B-Love) know for sure?

Tredici
08-21-2005, 08:50 PM
It does happen enough now and days that HCs shouldn't act flabbergasted when it happens to their team.

Well, they probably just make adjustments and win the game.

watermock
08-21-2005, 08:56 PM
I don't think it's wrong to send a blitzer, but bringing the house in a preseason game isn't very appropriate. What is funny is you would think that Kansas City would be evaluating their DL individually. Obviously, Goonther knows they suck.

Jetmeck
08-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Listening to the KC media you would have thought the D made some substantial strides when mostly what they did was blitz, blitz, blitz all night long. Pressure is rising on ole Goonther and Vermeil for that matter to get some production out of their defensive unit.
So they blitzed a lot to cover up some glaring weaknesses which we all know will bite them right in the arse in regular season mode especially with McCLOWN back there.

DomCasual
12-24-2013, 12:27 AM
Check it out. I was looking for something in some old treads, and I came across a bunch of quotes from Jetmeck. Curiously missing from his posts are all his ".................'s."

So, why do you suppose he started his periods?

Listening to the KC media you would have thought the D made some substantial strides when mostly what they did was blitz, blitz, blitz all night long. Pressure is rising on ole Goonther and Vermeil for that matter to get some production out of their defensive unit.
So they blitzed a lot to cover up some glaring weaknesses which we all know will bite them right in the arse in regular season mode especially with McCLOWN back there.

theAPAOps5
12-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Check it out. I was looking for something in some old treads, and I came across a bunch of quotes from Jetmeck. Curiously missing from his posts are all his ".................'s."

So, why do you suppose he started his periods?

Meth and Molly

DomCasual
12-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Meth and Molly

Are you suggesting he spent some time in Meth Alley? Because that's a helluva thing to say about someone if you don't have proof! I've heard of people who one day enter meth alley straight and clean. The next day, they leave, and they are crippled with a half-pack of smokes/day habit.

It's not something to toy around with, my friends.

12-24-2013, 01:27 AM
****ing homer bob thread :rofl:

those were teh days

DenverBound
12-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Awwwww. That's cute. We can pin point the time when jetmeck got her period.

#Changes

broncocalijohn
12-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Wondered why this was bumped. I think he does it thinking it now pisses people off but all it did was make him the butt of so many jokes. Even Karenin makes fun of him. I believe that Jetmeck abundant use of periods takes them away from Chef, Dan broncos fan and Chrissyrules posts. Ebb and flow.