PDA

View Full Version : Test 2-can't post new threads

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Why doesn't the new threads post work?

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 12:17 PM
Great...I can post a test but not a real thread...

Bronco LB 59
08-12-2005, 12:20 PM
You need to spread out the text to more posts. If one post is too long, the site won't post it.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 12:35 PM
I've already tried that. It won't take a post that's one short paragraph.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
This server is as bad as the last one.

Kaylore
08-12-2005, 12:36 PM
Clear cookies? Turn off your internet security?

Kaylore
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM
Its super fast for me.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I had no trouble till an hour ago.

bronco militia
08-12-2005, 12:42 PM
Congratulations...your fisrt thread on the new server and it's headed to the butt..

Ha!

watermock
08-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Dunno, this new server rocks. Try rebooting. You certainly managed to post this thread! How amusing.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 01:06 PM
Dunno, this new server rocks. Try rebooting. You certainly managed to post this thread! How amusing.
Yea...isn't it. It's a Bush conspiracy I think. How come I can post an entire paragraph or more when responding, or even a new post complaining I can't make new posts...but now a real new post?

Someone's out to get me...

DBroncos4life
08-12-2005, 01:07 PM
Yea...isn't it. It's a Bush conspiracy I think. How come I can post an entire paragraph or more when responding, or even a new post complaining I can't make new posts...but now a real new post?

Someone's out to get me...

Now if we can just figure out what is stoping you and use it on mock.

Rock Chalk
08-12-2005, 01:37 PM
No, you're just an idiot.

Rascal
08-12-2005, 02:17 PM
This server is slower Alec. I haven't switched anything on my computer and this site is by far the slowest site I've come across on the net. I was flying on the original site, the previous site was slow, but this is incredibly slow.

I've cleared cookies, made it a trusted site, everything and nothing makes a difference. Even at home it is slower.

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 04:58 PM
No, you're just an idiot.
Only an idiot would assume somebody's an idiot because of something like this.

Rock Chalk
08-12-2005, 05:09 PM
This server is slower Alec. I haven't switched anything on my computer and this site is by far the slowest site I've come across on the net. I was flying on the original site, the previous site was slow, but this is incredibly slow.

I've cleared cookies, made it a trusted site, everything and nothing makes a difference. Even at home it is slower.
Thats funny, because everyone else is commenting on how fast the server is.

Whatever, I didnt recommend this place, I just help Taco with the control panel (though, to his credit, he's a quick learner).

Not only is the site in general running faster for me, but I can access the control panel without waiting 2 minutes for my rep to load on the page.

If 99% of the people are remarking at how much faster this server is than the last one then guess what, your the dip**** with a crap ass ISP.

Only an idiot would assume somebody's an idiot because of something like this.

On the contrary, only an idiot would assume its the server without reading any of the other threads on the subject and realizing that by and large, for most people its running smooth and fast and a helluva lot better than the previous server.

Which means that if you are having issues, you should have checked with your ISP and seen if they were having a lot of traffic. Now, that is just the most common reason why your internet is slow, but there are about 200 other reasons that it could be too that have nothing to do with the server. Maybe you are a mullet head white trash dumbass with dialup. By the content of your posts, that's probably not a bad guess.

So who's the ****ing idiot?

footstepsfrom#27
08-12-2005, 05:16 PM
So who's the ****ing idiot?
You are. I already posted that I hadn't had any problems at first if you bothered to read. I'm on SBC Yahoo DSL and have had no problem with any other site. What's wrong with you anyway? PMS?

Taco John
08-12-2005, 07:18 PM
ok... let's not fight here...

Rascal, I think the problem *might* clear up once the domain resolves...

Rascal
08-13-2005, 10:04 AM
I think you are right TJ. For some reason the firewall is probably having problems with the 72.22......instead of saying orangemane. I think we actually had this discussion the last time servers were switched.

Alec...shut up. No reason for the name calling...go smoke two bowls and eat a pizza.

footstep...I think TJ is right regarding the domain name. Check your security settings on your firewall, if you have one, and for IE. I fixed the problem at home by adding 72.22.etc as a trusted site. That didn't fix the problem at work, the fire wall there is very picky, but it did at home so it could work for you,

Meck77
08-23-2005, 12:40 PM
hmm I can't post threads either.

Bronco LB 59
08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
hmm I can't post threads either.

The best thing to do is "copy your text". Post a thread with a single letter in the title and a single letter in the body. Then proceed to edit the post and it will work.