PDA

View Full Version : Please don't slam other boards while promoting this one on *their* board...

Taco John
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
It's come to my attention that a lot of people love this place.

GREAT! That's fantastic. I love the fact that so many Broncos fans consider this as an important part of their fanhood.

BUT PLEASE... PLEASE! PLEASE!, for your sake and ours... DO NOT get go to other Broncos boards and slam their community while promoting this one. You make us all look like a bunch of elitist jackasses when you do that. And while there are plenty of jackasses of one type or another here (I said it ;) ), there's no need to advertise that.

Starting from this day forward, when I get reports of this happening, any questions asked will be via email, because you'll have lost all privleges to posting on this board... I will hunt your account down, ban all your IP addresses, and monitor it weekly to make certain you've been weeded out.

We don't need that kind of attention.

Thanks,
TJ.

MajikMan7
06-07-2005, 05:03 PM
SORRY, It won't happen again.

Rascal
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Morons.

REB
06-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Just dont give my # to Mock...................

REB

1-2-3-:Broncos:

Kaylore
06-07-2005, 10:34 PM
...There are other boards? :angel:

watermock
06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
I put rattlesnake heads in my bottles of Whiskey.

Hogan11
06-07-2005, 10:45 PM
What other boards?? ???

El Guapo
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I guess no more posting stuff like this on the chokeland boards. :(

REB
06-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I thought I had to worry about the camaras out front.............

Everybody just shut the hell up and behave...and then all will be fine... big bro will take care of the rest. No Doubt

REB

Taco John
06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
I put rattlesnake heads in my bottles of Whiskey.

My neighbor is Loatian (sp?). When they barbeque, they always invite me over. I'll be mowing my lawn or something, and they'll insist I go over and drink with them. And that's when they break out the liquor with stuff like full grown snakes and large frogs in the bottle. What do you do? Insult them and not drink the crazy weird liquor and have a smile with them? Or swallow your pride, and tell yourself that it'll put hair on your chest?

REB
06-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Insult them and not drink

REB

Only drink what ya know....:)

Mtbrncofn
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
My neighbor is Loatian (sp?). When they barbeque, they always invite me over. I'll be mowing my lawn or something, and they'll insist I go over and drink with them. And that's when they break out the liquor with stuff like full grown snakes and large frogs in the bottle. What do you do? Insult them and not drink the crazy weird liquor and have a smile with them? Or swallow your pride, and tell yourself that it'll put hair on your chest?

When in a sticky situation such as this one, always lie! I'm allergic to reptiles would be a good one. :)

watermock
06-07-2005, 11:05 PM

Take it like a man and grow some hair. Heh.

If you lose the barby they will just laugh.

I have heard of rattlers in the bottle but never frogs.

Now they have orange frogs in the bottle?

Eating the worm was insane....

Nuggets4
06-07-2005, 11:14 PM

Forget that! Go shot for shot with 'em TJ! We know you can do it.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-07-2005, 11:41 PM
Can I slam this board will promoting others here?

REB
06-07-2005, 11:49 PM
It's working............

REB

Pick Six
06-08-2005, 12:17 AM
SORRY, It won't happen again.

Gee...what a surprise. One of the culprits is the artist formerly known as MajikMan... rofl

Atlas
06-08-2005, 12:22 AM
...There are other boards? :angel:

Exactly. This is the only board I visit. Hell, everyone else is a moron. The only intelligent people post here.

TheNextStep
06-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Can I slam this board will promoting others here?

I was going to post this question. The fact that I had the same thought as you means that I must punch myself in the face until I lose consciousness.

Atlas
06-08-2005, 01:28 AM
I was going to post this question. The fact that I had the same thought as you means that I must punch myself in the face until I lose consciousness.

goodnight

-Slap-
06-08-2005, 06:19 AM

Can't you just cut out the middle man and punch Knob instead?

Garcia Bronco
06-08-2005, 07:53 AM
When in a sticky situation such as this one, always lie! I'm allergic to reptiles would be a good one. :)

Hmmmm....i've heard about this kind of thing from a woman before....I believe it went

"No....go ahead Adam.....this fruit is perfectly good to eat."

bendog
06-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Surely this doesn't apply to the Chorf board that crashes all the time and sends it's rejects here, or to the suck-ass Dolts board that ripped off TJ's name.

Arkie
06-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Hmmmm....i've heard about this kind of thing from a woman before....I believe it went

Girls learn to manipulate at early ages, sometimes as early as three. Boys used direct means of aggression (physical as well as verbal), girls used typically indirect means, such as backbiting and manipulation of the social structure of the class, in order to inflict mental pain on their enemies. Indirect aggression is a type of behaviour in which the perpetrator attempts to inflict pain in such a manner that he or she makes it seem as though there has been no intention to hurt at all. Accordingly, he or she is more likely to avoid counter aggression and, if possible, to remain unidentified. A way to obtain this objective is to use others as vehicles for inflicting pain (mental or physical) on a target person.

Garcia Bronco
06-08-2005, 08:21 AM
Girls learn to manipulate at early ages, sometimes as early as three. Boys used direct means of aggression (physical as well as verbal), girls used typically indirect means, such as backbiting and manipulation of the social structure of the class, in order to inflict mental pain on their enemies. Indirect aggression is a type of behaviour in which the perpetrator attempts to inflict pain in such a manner that he or she makes it seem as though there has been no intention to hurt at all. Accordingly, he or she is more likely to avoid counter aggression and, if possible, to remain unidentified. A way to obtain this objective is to use others as vehicles for inflicting pain (mental or physical) on a target person.

Agreed.

My co-worker just said that we all have entirely too much time on our hands....to which I replied...."No...we're just ultra-intelligent and educated."

Sodak
06-08-2005, 08:27 AM

Nevermind the pickled animals and stuff. They're harmless. Just never, ever drink anything from a green bottle.

Garcia Bronco
06-08-2005, 08:28 AM

My favorite thing that women do is condesend....they'll refer to whatever you're doing as "little". For example:

Q:"How was you little meeting at work today?"
A: "Fine....we closed the multi-million dollar deal."

Q: "Did you have fun at your little party?"
A: "Yes we did...the ballroom at the Waldorf is amazing."

If you point it out to them...they'll go to the other extreme...

"I'm sorry....Your big meeting(eyes roll)"....

It's kind of funny to me......silly women.

Anyway.....look for the word "little" in conversations...you'll be surprised.

Pick Six
06-08-2005, 10:43 AM

As long as "little" isn't mentioned in the *ahem* moment, it's OK... Ha!

Rock Chalk
06-08-2005, 11:18 AM
You make us all look like a bunch of elitist jackasses when you do that.
We are elitist jackasses.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
What other boards?? ???

fanhome.com :laugh:

gunns
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM

In other words men don't have the brains to manipulate.

gunns
06-08-2005, 03:39 PM
My favorite thing that women do is condesend....they'll refer to whatever you're doing as "little". For example:

Q:"How was you little meeting at work today?"
A: "Fine....we closed the multi-million dollar deal."

Q: "Did you have fun at your little party?"
A: "Yes we did...the ballroom at the Waldorf is amazing."

If you point it out to them...they'll go to the other extreme...

"I'm sorry....Your big meeting(eyes roll)"....

It's kind of funny to me......silly women.

Hmmmm, I don't recall saying that, maybe you should look into why it's being said to you. A "little" complex?

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 03:44 PM

:devil:

watermock
06-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Men certainly have the ability to out manipulate women. The problem is women can cut us off, effectively making us Homer Simpson begging forgiveness.

They will just do every little thing to make your life miserable, it's not worth the trouble, so usually men back off.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Men certainly have the ability to out manipulate women.

That's only when we want sex though.

Hogan11
06-08-2005, 04:26 PM
fanhome.com :laugh:

Like I said.....what other boards? That one is long dead.

Rock Chalk
06-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Hmmmm, I don't recall saying that, maybe you should look into why it's being said to you. A "little" complex?
Oh hush, Im sure you've said it (whatever it is) before.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Like I said.....what other boards? That one is long dead.

It did it's job back in 2000, but now it's a thing of the past.

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 04:36 PM

Is there ever a time when this isn't the case?

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Is there ever a time when this isn't the case?

Tredici
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM

Oh for crying out loud. Let's try to stereotype as much as possible. Towards the negative, too, please.

At three, girls typically have better developed communication skills compared to three year old boys, they are more verbal. Boys tend to be more physical. Children want to find a way to get what they want. If a certain tactic meets with success, they will repeat it. If children are allowed to get what they want through means of manipulation or aggression, it is a learned behavior allowed and/or encouraged by adults.

Bronco_Beerslug
06-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Oh for crying out loud. Let's try to stereotype as much as possible. Towards the negative, too, please.

At three, girls typically have better developed communication skills compared to three year old boys, they are more verbal. Boys tend to be more physical. Children want to find a way to get what they want. If a certain tactic meets with success, they will repeat it. If children are allowed to get what they want through means of manipulation or aggression, it is a learned behavior allowed and/or encouraged by adults.
Is that how that works? I always thought my girls usually got what they wanted because they were so darn cute in those days. Advanced vocabulary skills never even entered my mind :)

MajikMan7
06-08-2005, 04:57 PM

Which is just about all the time.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Which is just about all the time.

Only 2/3rd of the day, since we sleep for 8 hours :)

MajikMan7
06-08-2005, 05:03 PM

Very good point.

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 05:05 PM

You dream, don't you? :)

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 05:13 PM

True, but I wouldn't constitute that as wanting sex since you can't really go for it while sleeping.

Anf for me personally, I never remember my dreams.

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 05:15 PM
True, but I wouldn't constitute that as wanting sex since you can't really go for it while sleeping.

Well dangit I would. The "need" has occasionally risen from these stupid dreams! Although, I don't really have to be awake for it. :devil:

MajikMan7
06-08-2005, 05:18 PM

Of Rusty ahead of Gordon in the points standing. Oh I forgot thats not a dream its reality.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 05:18 PM
Well dangit I would. The "need" has occasionally risen from these stupid dreams! Although, I don't really have to be awake for it. :devil:

Yeah it sucks, I'm sure I've had some pretty cool ass dreams and I just can't seem to remember them.

I also dont think about sex much when I'm at work, trying to cut down a tree while thinking about sex just seems like a disaster waiting to happen for me.

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Yeah it sucks, I'm sure I've had some pretty cool ass dreams and I just can't seem to remember them.

I also dont think about sex much when I'm at work, trying to cut down a tree while thinking about sex just seems like a disaster waiting to happen for me.

Yeah, that's probably just good thinking on your part....or good not thinking, as the case may be. ;)

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 05:25 PM
Of Rusty ahead of Gordon in the points standing. Oh I forgot thats not a dream its reality.
That's ok, sweetie. I can think about the stat that counts more.

4>1

Oh and Jeff is 15 years younger too.

FADERPROOF
06-08-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that's probably just good thinking on your part....or good not thinking, as the case may be. ;)

Plus I work with all guys, so yeah, good thinking/not thinking on my part ;)

TheNextStep
06-08-2005, 05:32 PM

Can somebody please pull her hair and push her down in the sandbox? ;)

MajikMan7
06-08-2005, 05:47 PM
That's ok, sweetie. I can think about the stat that counts more.

4>1

Oh and Jeff is 15 years younger too.

Well you know what..........um.... ok never mind. Gordon has just about every stat advantage. But I'm in 3rd in the fantasy league, where are you....not 1st Harvick lover (Wisconsin Homer) is.

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Well you know what..........um.... ok never mind. Gordon has just about every stat advantage. But I'm in 3rd in the fantasy league, where are you....not 1st Harvick lover (Wisconsin Homer) is.

I know. It just burns my butt to see that moron in 1st. I'm in 7th I think. Normally solid drivers at their normally solid tracks have screwed me completely in the last month. Grrr.

Garcia Bronco
06-08-2005, 06:33 PM

That's worse...that means you're doing it and you don't even know. But trust me....you do it. Techincally everybody does it...but women do it the most.

Typical response from you though.

Tredici
06-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Is that how that works? I always thought my girls usually got what they wanted because they were so darn cute in those days. Advanced vocabulary skills never even entered my mind :)

Ah Beerslug, you prove my point exactly. The first person little girls find out love having them do whatever it takes to get what they want is Daddy. That's the first guy who finds being manipulated as something absolutely adorable. It's like the ultimate revenge for the poor sucker who ends up dating them. They won't stand a chance....

Hahahahhahahahaha.

Garcia Bronco
06-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Ah Beerslug, you prove my point exactly. The first person little girls find out love having them do whatever it takes to get what they want is Daddy. That's the first guy who finds being manipulated as something absolutely adorable. It's like the ultimate revenge for the poor sucker who ends up dating them. They won't stand a chance....

Hahahahhahahahaha.

That's funny...typical woman....blaming it on other men. :twokisses

Atlas
06-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Hahahahhahahahaha.

I hope my daughter dates boyfriends just like her Daddy. He is a pretty good guy. LOL

Mtbrncofn
06-08-2005, 11:59 PM
I hope my daughter dates boyfriends just like her Daddy. He is a pretty good guy. LOL

That was exactly what I was thinking about my daughters. Their dad is a gem.

Arkie
06-09-2005, 08:02 AM

You basically said the same thing using different words. I didn't think my post was any more negative towards girls or boys. :)

bendog
06-09-2005, 08:14 AM

Ah, but non-verbal communication. They have to know when to look cute.

clean
06-09-2005, 08:34 PM
And that's when they break out the liquor with stuff like full grown snakes and large frogs in the bottle. What do you do? Insult them and not drink the crazy weird liquor and have a smile with them? Or swallow your pride, and tell yourself that it'll put hair on your chest?

Next time, ask for a double.

Crow
06-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Wouldn't want to be compared to raiderfans.net, now would ya?

Didn't think so.

Taco John
06-11-2005, 02:38 AM
Next time, ask for a double.

I didn't ask, but I got one anyway... A double of the frog, and a double of the snake.

Mtbrncofn
06-11-2005, 05:13 PM
I didn't ask, but I got one anyway... A double of the frog, and a double of the snake.

So does the alcohol kill any potential bacterium, like salmonella? I was just telling my husband that reptiles can carry salmonella, and he was laughing at me. Then I got my issue of Parents in the mail yesterday and lo and behold, right there it said the very same thing. Ha.

I'm assuming this stuff can probably put hair on your chest with a sip, so it's safe, huh.....from the salmonella that is.

-Slap-
06-11-2005, 05:25 PM
So does the alcohol kill any potential bacterium, like salmonella? I was just telling my husband that reptiles can carry salmonella, and he was laughing at me. Then I got my issue of Parents in the mail yesterday and lo and behold, right there it said the very same thing. Ha.

I'm assuming this stuff can probably put hair on your chest with a sip, so it's safe, huh.....from the salmonella that is.

I think that's somewhat limited, though. I believe certain iguanas carry the salmonella virus in their eyes.

Someone call Chad Brown.

Taco John
06-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, I didn't die, and neither did they... So I'm guessing that the alchohol effectively embalms and preserves them...

Lovely.

Mtbrncofn
06-11-2005, 07:41 PM
I think that's somewhat limited, though. I believe certain iguanas carry the salmonella virus in their eyes.

Someone call Chad Brown.

I was using it as a scare tactic on my kids. :D I know turtles are infamous for carrying it, which was what they were trying to get me to let them go catch.

-Slap-
06-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I was using it as a scare tactic on my kids. :D I know turtles are infamous for carrying it, which was what they were trying to get me to let them go catch.

I caught lizards and turtles non stop from the ages of 5-12 and I never had a stomach ache.

Mtbrncofn
06-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I did the very same thing. I loved salamanders and frogs, but you see, I knew where this was leading. They would want one for a pet or something and I would end up taking care of it, and then the novelty would wear off and we'd be stuck with some stupid turtle.

I had selfish motives, I promise.

Bronco_Beerslug
06-11-2005, 08:50 PM
I caught lizards and turtles non stop from the ages of 5-12 and I never had a stomach ache.
Yep, never got anything from all the critters I caught. Lizards, turtles, sparrow hawks, magpies, snakes, rabbits, pigeons, on and on. Only had one rule, I couldn't bring them in the house so I built cages and raised and kept them by the garage.

Sodak
06-11-2005, 11:19 PM

You don't remember your dreams because you probably don't wake up while you're having one, or during REM. You must sleep well.

Sodak
06-11-2005, 11:20 PM
Now what was this thread about?

clean
06-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Well, I didn't die, and neither did they... So I'm guessing that the alchohol effectively embalms and preserves them...

Can you send a bottle of the frog liquor to Meck77 for one of the tailgates? I don't drink, but I'm very interested to see the expression on someone's face when they pound a few shots.

http://www.westernwildlife.com.au/images/

KillerBronco#76
06-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I caught lizards and turtles non stop from the ages of 5-12

I was never into the whole catching animals thing i was all about pulling out the airsoft gun and shootin rabbits, snakes, pretty much any animal i thought i could kill with it.