PDA

View Full Version : Brown to sign w/ Denver

bpc
03-23-2005, 02:11 PM
Mar. 23 - Sources tell the Washington Times that Brown could announce Wednesday which team to sign with, and the Washington Post reports the Denver Broncos have told others in the league Brown will choose them.

Brown completed a visit to Seattle on Tuesday and was in Jacksonville on Monday. He previously had met with the Redskins and Broncos before widening his search, reportedly after being disappointed in those teams' incentive-laden offers.

Brown was released by Cleveland after refusing to take a pay cut, but the Browns still are interested in bringing him back if he'll accept a lower salary.

This was reported from ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 02:14 PM
i think we are still jumping the gun a little bit. Not official yet, same as with the Garcia situation. I want to see Courtney say it himself before i start on the "Ohhh TrINT, meet your new friend" thread.

Master___Pain
03-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Mar. 23 - Sources tell the Washington Times that Brown could announce Wednesday which team to sign with, and the Washington Post reports the Denver Broncos have told others in the league Brown will choose them.

Brown completed a visit to Seattle on Tuesday and was in Jacksonville on Monday. He previously had met with the Redskins and Broncos before widening his search, reportedly after being disappointed in those teams' incentive-laden offers.

Brown was released by Cleveland after refusing to take a pay cut, but the Browns still are interested in bringing him back if he'll accept a lower salary.

This was reported from ESPN.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfl&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

As long as there is a gigantic signing bonus and ludacris contract involved this is a good thing

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 02:17 PM
As long as there is a gigantic signing bonus and ludacris contract involved this is a good thing

Shanny said in the DPO the contract they offered him was heavily tied to playing time, so we seem to be insured.

Master___Pain
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
Shanny said in the DPO the contract they offered him was heavily tied to playing time, so we seem to be insured.

Yeah, I know. I just wanted to contribute some sarcasm and beat all the chicken little to the punch. Some one will probably take me serious though.

delany
03-23-2005, 02:19 PM
I was getting used to them being a bridesmaid this year.

Talk about a boom or bust year....

There will be a ton of IFs this year.

IF Brown stays healthy....IF Warren picks it up significatly on a down by down basis.....IF Bell continues to improve....

If Denver hits on at least two out of the above three.....I predict they will win a playoff game this year.

bpc
03-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Well I know we all are excited to finally receive some news about this. Jumping the gun yes, but from a source no-doubt. I excited about the talent that Brown and Warren could bring to the table as long as they can produce and stay healthy. I think we should definately keep Trevor Pryce and this line is in way better shape then it was last season. And that is before the draft has even taken place. I would love to add Douglas to the mix as well.

Taco John
03-23-2005, 02:21 PM

"Ludacris was unavailable for comment..."

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AQS1A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Well I know we all are excited to finally receive some news about this. Jumping the gun yes, but from a source no-doubt. I excited about the talent that Brown and Warren could bring to the table as long as they can produce and stay healthy. I think we should definately keep Trevor Pryce and this line is in way better shape then it was last season. And that is before the draft has even taken place. I would love to add Douglas to the mix as well.

i agree Chris. Just keep Trevor. If he is still the Old Trevor and we still want to move him next year, than we will definitely get good compensation as the injury issue will be gone. If not, we can just keep him and let him produce. If we can stay healthy on the line we can be pretty good there. I like the Warren deal. Patterson said he really picked it up at the end of the year and he even turned over his line calls to him resulting in i think 6 sacks for the line over the last two games or something like that. Brown is a good talent if he stays healthy and Shanny said our contract is heavily tied to Courtney's actual playing time so we are insured. Trevor and Courtney on the outside, if healthy is very good. If we can resign Ellis Johnson and match him with Warren inside, id say thats pretty good as well. We already have Luther coming back. All we need from Luther is to be effective in the rotation. We know he has health concerns but all we are asking for is just to be in a rotation.

Rascal
03-23-2005, 02:26 PM
You know this type of thing could just very well piss Brown off enough not to sign with us. He wants his moment in glory and if we take it from him he just may change his mind if this is correct.

HEAV
03-23-2005, 02:26 PM
"Ludacris was unavailable for comment..."

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000AQS1A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Luda!!

I still think it's too close to call. Visiting the Seahawks and the Jag's was unexpected. We have seen players sign this off-season with teams that looked like they were out of the running.

I still have mixed feeling with this guy. I'd hate to see Denver lose another DE option, but this guy has health issues. It's a damn if he doesn't damn if he does type situation.

Still it would be better then signing a TE.........

Hotrod
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to contribute some sarcasm and beat all the chicken little to the punch. Some one will probably take me serious though.

You all know he failed his physical before the Brownies released him right. And he has missed huge potions of playing time. Great we did not over pay for a guy who cant pass a team physical. Sounds like the "Plan" is coming along really nicely :kiddingme

HEAV
03-23-2005, 02:32 PM
i agree Chris. Just keep Trevor. If he is still the Old Trevor and we still want to move him next year, than we will definitely get good compensation as the injury issue will be gone. If not, we can just keep him and let him produce. If we can stay healthy on the line we can be pretty good there. I like the Warren deal. Patterson said he really picked it up at the end of the year and he even turned over his line calls to him resulting in i think 6 sacks for the line over the last two games or something like that. Brown is a good talent if he stays healthy and Shanny said our contract is heavily tied to Courtney's actual playing time so we are insured. Trevor and Courtney on the outside, if healthy is very good. If we can resign Ellis Johnson and match him with Warren inside, id say thats pretty good as well. We already have Luther coming back. All we need from Luther is to be effective in the rotation. We know he has health concerns but all we are asking for is just to be in a rotation.

Still Socal, there are 6 Million reasons he shouldn't be on the squad. 6 cap choking, holding them back from signing any solid free agents, Million dollars.

bpc
03-23-2005, 02:33 PM
Definitely tie in the Douglas signing with this. You just can't count on Brown's health however if he is healthy he could be a monsterous pick up for us. Like I said before, when I've seen him and he is healthy, he has freakish athletic ability. That is something we've never really had here in Denver except during Neil Smith's final few years.

Low risk, high reward. Land Douglas, Brown, pair with Pryce, Warren, Ellis, Davis, Pope, and Fatefehi and we'll have a very deep front line. I like the additions we could have to this team. As always, definitely not a boring offseason for Bronco fans. If something doesn't work, we just tore it up and we'll try it a new way.

NFLBRONCO
03-23-2005, 02:34 PM

Where has Cleveland been drafting with Warren and Brown 3-10 range?
If we sign Brown its cool but, I wanted to point out reality :). I think this is a 1 yr rental warren is a FA next yr.

dbroncos31
03-23-2005, 02:35 PM
Luda!!

I still think it's too close to call. Visiting the Seahawks and the Jag's was unexpected. We have seen players sign this off-season with teams that looked like they were out of the running.

I still have mixed feeling with this guy. I'd hate to see Denver lose another DE option, but this guy has health issues. It's a damn if he doesn't damn if he does type situation.

Still it would be better then signing a TE.........
yeah but if the contract is indeed incentive laden, then it shouldnt be much of a cap hit and it should not cost us too much

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Courtney Brown will look great for about 4 games and then he will get hurt.

He and Luther Elliss will look pretty good standing on the sideline in street clothes.

SSJ

SouthStndJunkie
03-23-2005, 02:37 PM
yeah but if the contract is indeed incentive laden, then it shouldnt be much of a cap hit and it should not cost us too much

Even so, we need a backup plan if we get Brown. We cannot count on him staying healthy all year.

SSJ

ro_50
03-23-2005, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to jump the gun cuz we saw what happened w/ CC reneging on his commitment to the Ravens and coming back.

But even if we get Brown, we have to have good backups to him and Warren in case one gets injured and the other implodes. On DT, Fatefehi, Pope are solid, but what about end?

delany
03-23-2005, 02:39 PM
You all know he failed his physical before the Brownies released him right. And he has missed huge potions of playing time. Great we did not over pay for a guy who cant pass a team physical. Sounds like the "Plan" is coming along really nicely :kiddingme

You know that Cleveland was on record as saying they wanted Brown back...albeit at a reduced price, right?

The word 'Plan' has become the flavaclown word of the month'. It should be stricken from the Mane lexicon.

bpc
03-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Where has Cleveland been drafting with Warren and Brown 3-10 range?
If we sign Brown its cool but, I wanted to point out reality :). I think this is a 1 yr rental warren is a FA next yr.

Maybe you are right. Then again, I've never seen Cleveland with much structure both in coaching or front office wise to really help these guys out. Some things I think that will help them reach their potential? A professional atmosphere, complimenting talent (Lynch, Bailey, Wilson, Gold, DJ, Pryce?) Cleveland has never had that, and a system that lately has always seemed to be in the top ten in overall defense. Plus with Brown he'll benefit from the fact that our practices will be very low impact on him and his body. Works out nice for vets with injury problems.

Bob's your Information Minister
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
I want to see Courtney say it himself before i start on the "Ohhh TrINT, meet your new friend" thread.

I think that's one friend Trent would like to have. He won't have to worry about the pass rush from that side.

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 02:42 PM
You know that Cleveland was on record as saying they wanted Brown back...albeit at a reduced price, right?

The word 'Plan' has become the flavaclown word of the month'. It should be stricken from the Mane lexicon.

i think the fact that the word "plan" has been used at about 40 times the rate it was previously used on this board was also part of the Plan. :)

Hotrod
03-23-2005, 02:43 PM

Hey I like overusing and running the word "plan" in to the ground and will continue until I care not to do so any longer.

You know that I care less what Cleveland does and does not do. I do in fact care what Denver does and does not do. And to date they have done not one single thing this offseason to improve this team. They have done a few things IMO that have made the team worse.

bendog
03-23-2005, 02:43 PM
If we give him enough 'roids, he can make it 16 games!!!

delany
03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
i think the fact that the word "plan" has been used at about 40 times the rate it was previously used on this board was also part of the Plan. :)

:laugh:

Ballhawk
03-23-2005, 02:46 PM
The only way Brown is going to get the big bucks again is by posting the big numbers. This is the reason I think Denver would be the spot he would choose on an incentive type deal. Out of all the teams he has visited we seem to be giving him the shot for the most playing time. I would not be shocked if Shanny and Co set some mins for him to obtain and actually talked about a better deal next year if he stayed on the field.

Brown would be a good pick up because he would be playing like it is a contract year fopr him IMO.

delany
03-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey I like overusing and running the word "plan" in to the ground and will continue until I care not to do so any longer.

You know that I care less what Cleveland does and does not do. I do in fact care what Denver does and does not do. And to date they have done not one single thing this offseason to improve this team. They have done a few things IMO that have made the team worse.

Cool dude....

Do what you want...you are entitled to your opinion...so am I.

I guess I need to learn to be more critical of the organization....but it is hard for me....hope springs eternal for me and the Orange this time of the year...I can't help it!

I actually believe the Broncos have done a number of things this off-season that will make the team better...I also believe the best is yet to come.

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 02:48 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2166&dateline=1082484947

I hope thats part of the plan too!

ro_50
03-23-2005, 02:51 PM
Tatyana Ali, Jessica Alba, Brooke Burke, Halle Berry are also part of the plan. When is their press conferences at Dove Valley?

HEAV
03-23-2005, 02:54 PM
If we give him enough 'roids, he can make it 16 games!!!

Someone get Romo on the phone!

bpc
03-23-2005, 02:56 PM

Thats your oppinion. Guess we'll see whos right when they take the field.

Hotrod
03-23-2005, 03:06 PM
Cool dude....

Do what you want...you are entitled to your opinion...so am I.

I guess I need to learn to be more critical of the organization....but it is hard for me....hope springs eternal for me and the Orange this time of the year...I can't help it!

I actually believe the Broncos have done a number of things this off-season that will make the team better...I also believe the best is yet to come.

Hey this is the offseason and there is still along way to go. The homer in me says no way is Shanny done retooling for next year. Trust me once the offseason is over (If I like what the did or not) I will put back on my orange colored glasses and tell everyone how we are well on our way to the SB ;D

eddie mac
IMO we'll sign all 3 within the next few days. Brown, Douglas and Jasper.

Ratboy
Sweet! Now only if Pryce would stop being greedy, We would have a good line.

Bob's your Information Minister
I think this is a good signing for you guys, though, provided he comes at a low price. He needs a performance-based contract.

BroncoInferno
03-23-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm leary about this. If it's an either/or situation between he and Douglas, I'd rather get the guy you can count on to be healthy, even if the ceiling is lower.

Even if the contract is low risk/high reward, counting on him as the starter is definately a high risk. There has to be a backup plan. Hopefully we'll compliment his signing with Douglas.

wabbit
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
I too have heard that Brown is leaning toward Denver, but Heav, in an earlier post has it right...still too soon after visits to Seattle & jacksonville.

The Wash Post story is somewhat out of context, but not because of anyone here. It seems Browns agent told someone in the media that his client favors Denver over Washington...Seattle, nor jacksonville was brought into the discussion.

Soooo, assuming the Seachickens nor Jacksonville make an offer he can't refuse...Denver looks like 'the winner'

Brown has made it no secret he favors a system that employs a heavy rotation system...Shanahan has also promised limited reps in mini & training camps

Looks like we have our...wounded warrior...for all sense & purpose anyway

FADERPROOF
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Sweet! Now only if Pryce would stop being greedy, We would have a good line.

Please, we are a long ways away from having a good line.

bpc
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Honestly, I like the idea of us using the 3-4 as nickel rush formation. I'm excited to see what our defense can put together. We have a lot of tools, I think we all will agree that we haven't used them to the best of their ability. Here we are last year looking for a pass rush besides Hayward and Chuk is just sitting on the sidelines. I love our 1st and 2nd down defense especially with Williams and Gold manning the outside spots at LB. I have no doubt we'll have an insane rush defense. Its 3rd down where we've been getting killed. I like the methods we are using to change our defense. Should be interesting to see take shape.

3rd down defense:

NT: Warren, Davis, Fatefehi, Pope
DE: BROWN*, Chukwruh, Palepoi, Pryce, Ellis
OLB: Gold, DJ Williams, Chuk, Palepoi
MLB: Wilson, Peirce, BURNS*
CB: Champ, Walls, Middlebrooks, LeSueur, Shoate, Alexander
S: Lynch, Ferguson, Brandon, Young

Not bad... we have some interchangable parts in that we can definitely use to our advantage.

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2005, 03:27 PM
It has to be an incentive laden deal. I'm fairly certain that Brown choosing to visit the Jags & Seahawks was an attempt to see if anyone would step up and offer more guaranteed money. I don't see anyone doing that for someone with Brown's injury history, but it was certainly worth a shot for he and his agent.

clint7
03-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Shanahan has also promised limited reps in mini & training camps

When I was thinking of selling points for Denver, I knew that would be something someone in the Bronco brass would bring up to him, "Listen, man...not only will you be the starter, have easily reachable contract goals, great organization/city, but we'll also only make you practice once a day with limited reps during training camp. Piss on that two-a-day crap like Gibbs and Del Rio will make you do." :)

ro_50
03-23-2005, 03:29 PM
Another wounded warrior. Great. I like the move, but will prey after each day in mini and training camp and preseason that he doenst sustain a injury, IF he comes here.

clint7
03-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm fairly certain that Brown choosing to visit the Jags & Seahawks was an attempt to see if anyone would step up and offer more guaranteed money. I don't see anyone doing that for someone with Brown's injury history, but it was certainly worth a shot for he and his agent.

Yep, and being the crap poker player and the all-around fool that I am, I'm easily bluffed. If I was an owner/GM of one of the teams in the hunt for Brown, I would have fallen for that ol' trick and raised my offer once I heard he was flying to JVille. I'm a sucker. Good thing I'm just a fan and not the Broncos GM. :dummy:

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 03:34 PM
So this is another worthless thread about nothing...great job.

HEAV
03-23-2005, 03:34 PM
When I was thinking of selling points for Denver, I knew that would be something someone in the Bronco brass would bring up to him, "Listen, man...not only will you be the starter, have easily reachable contract goals, great organization/city, but we'll also only make you practice once a day with limited reps during training camp. Piss on that two-a-day crap like Gibbs and Del Rio will make you do." :)

MAybe this team needs to work more often and harder. Maybe to candy ass for it's own good.

Hotrod
03-23-2005, 03:37 PM

Thank goodness a worthless thread is just not the same without your input ;)

clint7
03-23-2005, 03:40 PM
MAybe this team needs to work more often and harder. Maybe to candy ass for it's own good.

Ha! "Candy Ass" has always been one of my favorite phrases.

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 03:46 PM

damn skippy

epicSocialism4tw
03-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Please Mr. Pryce...see the light...come back to the good guys with a restructured contract.

I cant help but fantasize about the prospects of a Pryce/Brown/Warren anchored line with a good mix of veteran and youth rotating in. wow. That would potentially fix last season's problems. Draft a Dan Cody type and throw him in there as well. That line with our linebacker core (probably the best in the NFL) and secondary is basically fundamentally sound.

long beach bronco
03-23-2005, 04:14 PM
we can only hope.

Bronco LB 59
03-23-2005, 04:33 PM

My sentiments exactly. I want Courtney Brown bad. However, I feel this thread is going to jinx it. It's a bad omen. Please send it to the horses butt!

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 04:36 PM
I wish I could...but I can't.

Broncoman13
03-23-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm really hoping the Broncos get Brown, ask him to trim down to 270 (just above his college weight), and let him play up or down depending on our alignment. Like Chris said several times, nobody seems to understand how much of an athlete Courtney Brown really is..... one of his main problems since being drafted is trying to play at the 290 lb range. In college he ran right around 260-270. He was as fast as Lavar and even more of a play maker. I think when he was drafted #1 overall the Browns put a lot of pressure on him. They wanted him to be a Reggie White type player..... but he is more like a Jason Taylor type. He isn't going to overpower people. He was never a bull rusher and never was powerful enough to slap and swim. Get him in a little bit of space and he'll be effective. Allow him to lose some weight and he'll be more effective and more than likely injury free. At the very least he'll be less likely to reinjure his lower body.

Some of you know that I'm a pretty big JoePa fan. I've liked and followed Penn St for many years and I'm excited to have one of the more special Nittany Lions on the Broncos D.

Archer81
03-23-2005, 06:53 PM
Warren and Brown will be part of a pretty solid rotation, where they dont have to play every down every game. a healthy pryce greatly lessens the amount of pressure on the rest of the defensive line. a few young guys, like a roth or a pollack or a spears or a babineux to the mix makes this a fairly solid defensive line.

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
The best thing about Warren is he's in a contract year.

27atwater
03-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Get Brown and Douglas. Keep TP and move him back to DT. Heavily rotate the dline to keep 'em healthy and this line could be pretty damn good. Warren and TP inside along with Brown and an UNDERRATED Douglas outside? I'd be quite pleased.

bpc
03-23-2005, 07:58 PM
We are in a no-lose situation with Warren. If he plays well, we will keep him. If not by a contract extension then by franchising him. If he is terrible and can't escape his past, we let him walk.

Brown probably will be in the same situation.

Odysseus
03-23-2005, 08:03 PM

I would not even have looked into this if there weren't 1,200 views of this giant pile of nothing.

How many people there know that Pryce is a DE?

Raise your hands!

How many people know that a DE doesn't routinely play on the inside?

Raise your hands!

How many of you people who keep saying Trevor Pryce should be put back on the inside bad back and all think that is a great idea?

Slap your face! Harder!

Broncobuddy7
03-23-2005, 08:47 PM
I would not even have looked into this if there weren't 1,200 views of this giant pile of nothing.

How many people there know that Pryce is a DE?

Raise your hands!

How many people know that a DE doesn't routinely play on the inside?

Raise your hands!

How many of you people who keep saying Trevor Pryce should be put back on the inside bad back and all think that is a great idea?

Slap your face! Harder!

Wow! Tell us how you really feel. :)

Sodak
03-23-2005, 08:48 PM

As "The Plan" most clearly states...

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 09:15 PM
As "The Plan" most clearly states...

The first rule of "The Plan" is:

You do not ask questions about "The Plan".

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 09:19 PM

The second rule of "The Plan" is:

Whenever you just got owned in FA or a deal for a player fell apart at the last second, you always say "this was part of the Plan".

Archer81
03-23-2005, 09:21 PM
*quietly reports to dove valley people are questioning the rules behind the plan...

Pat Bowlen
03-23-2005, 09:29 PM
*quietly reports to dove valley people are questioning the rules behind the plan...
Don't suspect a friend, report him.

Odysseus
03-23-2005, 09:43 PM
If you write The PLAN on a piece of paper really fast, squint your eyes and let the dyslexia kick in doesn't it read The PAIN?

It's probably just me I can't even spelt dyslexia without looking it up.

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 09:45 PM
If you write The PLAN on a piece of paper really fast, squint your eyes and let the dyslexia kick in doesn't it read The PAIN?

i gotta try that although every time i see a team official using the word "plan" in an article i feel pain.

Garcia Bronco
03-23-2005, 09:55 PM

It's spelled aixelsyd dumbass....geeze

DawgPound14
03-23-2005, 10:06 PM
HEY!! Now you guys can have two highly overpayed and over rated wastes of roster space..... oh wait... 3 if you get Garcia.lol This is payback for the Drive YOU BASTARDS!!LOL

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 10:10 PM
HEY!! Now you guys can have two highly overpayed and over rated wastes of roster space..... oh wait... 3 if you get Garcia.lol This is payback for the Drive YOU BASTARDS!!LOL

garthia thigned with the lionths.

DawgPound14
03-23-2005, 10:13 PM
garthia thigned with the lionths.

I remember hearing that now that you mention it.... bad thing is.. he'll be starting by week 3.lol

SoCalBronco
03-23-2005, 10:17 PM
I remember hearing that now that you mention it.... bad thing is.. he'll be starting by week 3.lol

so what do u think about warren and brown. I know you just called them fat slobs basically but is there really something we can be optimistic about regarding these guys. Is it true Gerard played better towards the end of the season? When Courtney is healthy is he good? Is my boy Andre King still on your team?

wabbit
03-23-2005, 10:23 PM
HEY!! Now you guys can have two highly overpayed and over rated wastes of roster space... ...This is payback for the Drive YOU BASTARDS!!LOL

Still a little testy are we??

I remember your little friends all dressed up in your favorite canine outfits waving back & forth with the "Pasadena Here We Come" just as 'The Drive'
got underway...have the whole game on tape...commericals & all

Watch it every once in a while just to see that

Gives failure a real face

Clockwork Orange
03-23-2005, 10:27 PM

Really? If the Broncos sign Brown, they'll have landed both he and Warren while giving up only a single 4th round pick.

The Browns gave up the 1st and 3rd overall picks in the draft to get them.......and you're running smack at us?

Ummmm, yeah.::)

And until you rip our hearts out on our home field with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line, we'll have "The Drive" scoreboard on you forever. :)

watermock
03-23-2005, 10:44 PM
But you said crossing the streams was bad Ray...

Awfully long thread for basically no news...I'm thinking 3 million, 15 over 5 with incentives. I hope we didn't bend over for this guy. I was leaning towards Douglas just on health. Hopefully we will still pick up DL in one of the first two rounds.

wabbit
03-24-2005, 12:00 AM
... ...I'm thinking 3 million, 15 over 5 with incentives. I hope we didn't bend over for this guy. I was leaning towards Douglas just on health. Hopefully we will still pick up DL in one of the first two rounds.

I hope you're right Mock, and I agree on someone like a Douglas as the alternative.

I guess the good news is that it's not a done deal YET...The 'Skins could toss another sackful of Benjamins on the table...or Holmgren could could offer more cash with the same practice/game rotation regimen as Shanahan...he's done that before.

The word that Brown favors Denver is still only a comment made by his agent to a Washington Post reporter...so, any variation of the theme is always possible

Odysseus
03-24-2005, 01:00 AM
The word that Brown favors Denver is still only a comment made by his agent to a Washington Post reporter...so, any variation of the theme is always possible

That was probably just some nanni nanni poo poo going on trying to get these one of these teams to drop their pants and scream "take me!"

I'm surprised they don't publish a picture of him eating pancakes at the local restaurant proving how much he loves this town. Um. Maybe I meant waffles...right. Pancakes are bad. Checking my Bronco low lights of free agency. Yup. Shows pancakes are bad right here. Nevermind!

Atlas
03-24-2005, 01:10 AM
The best thing about Warren is he's in a contract year.

Yeah until next year when he is a FA and Denver is trying to sign him. Then everyone will be bitching about why Denver didn't do it sooner.

Atlas
03-24-2005, 01:16 AM

Dude they were only over paid and over hyped in Cleveland. Here they are low risk very suspect acquisitions. Your team got owned!!

I have a copy of "The Drive", You want one!!LOL

fontaine
03-24-2005, 02:04 AM
If Brown does sign with Denver I'm gonna be setting up a betting pool to see when he pulls a courtney (get's injured).

I know it's in bad taste, I know it's unsportsman like, but my bet's on the third game of the preseason.

Odysseus
03-24-2005, 03:41 AM

Tyler Durden?

Ray Finkle
03-24-2005, 04:26 AM
Tyler Durden?

What's the first rule of Fight Club?

clint7
03-24-2005, 05:33 AM
From Denver Post:
Denver hopes to close a deal with Cleveland defensive end Courtney Brown, who has told the Broncos and Redskins that he will likely make his decision by today. Brown was waiting on an offer from Jacksonville before making a decision. He visited the Jaguars and Seattle this week. Broncos general manager Ted Sundquist said the team was in contact with Brown on Wednesday. Denver is offering Brown a chance to start. "We still have hope he'll be with us," Sundquist said.
-----
The longer this goes, the more I'm starting to feel like he'll be at JVille or DC. I'm starting to get a bad feeling he'll sign elsewhere even though all the press leans toward Denver getting him. Hope I'm wrong, because I feel it will be a good signing, though I know many here disagree.

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2005, 05:56 AM

What's it like to root for just such a terrible team. I would have killed myself by now. Three AFC championship games against the Broncos and 3 times the loser. Factor in your team left town....and then came back....and this is what you get?!?!? I'd be pissed. I gotta say....I'm impressed that you admit to follow them. Congrats.

:)

ND Bronco Fan
03-24-2005, 05:57 AM
I am usually on the side of not signing underacheivers or injury prone guys but I am in favor of both of these signings because of two things........ 1) we draft d-line with the worst of them 2) we can not afford blue chippers.

So I ask, what are our alternatives?

Traveler
03-24-2005, 06:19 AM
I am usually on the side of not signing underacheivers or injury prone guys but I am in favor of both of these signings because of two things........ 1) we draft d-line with the worst of them 2) we can not afford blue chippers.

So I ask, what are our alternatives?

Excellent questions!

orange crusher
03-24-2005, 06:20 AM

Your "highly overpayed and over rated" was true for their time in Cleveland. However, Denver gets Warren fairly cheap this year and expectations aren't what they were coming into the league as the third overall pick in the draft. As for Brown, Denver will offer a contract based on playing time - if he stays on the field he will get his bling, if he can't he gets a relatively small amount. Although expectations will be high for him if he signs with Denver, it won't compare to the expectations coming into the league as the #1 overall pick in the draft. I'm not sure the "overpayed or over rated" will apply this time around. As I see it, Denver may be getting the #1 and #3 overall picks from the draft held just five years ago and we won't have to pay a fraction of what Cleveland had to pay them.

By the way, don't forget "The Fumble" either. :dummy:

NaptownChief
03-24-2005, 07:43 AM
So you guys are trying to bring over the whole Cleveland defense and somehow expect it to perform like something other than the Cleveland defense? ;D

RaiderH8r
03-24-2005, 08:14 AM
So you guys are trying to bring over the whole Cleveland defense and somehow expect it to perform like something other than the Cleveland defense? ;D
Cleveland's cheerleaders put up a better defense than the Chefs......so shhh.

Traveler
03-24-2005, 08:16 AM

Total Defense - Total Yards/Game
Team G Plys Yds/G Y/P FD/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd % 4th Md 4th Att 4th % Pen PenYds TOP TF L
Pittsburgh 16 882 258.4 4.7 15.5 63 193 32.6 7 13 53.8 104 875 26:01 28 13
Buffalo 16 978 264.2 4.3 16.1 77 214 36.0 11 15 73.3 120 865 29:39 31 15
Denver 16 918 278.7 4.9 14.7 65 209 31.1 5 14 35.7 120 1062 27:23 24 8
Baltimore 16 1009 300.2 4.8 17.1 75 218 34.4 2 8 25.0 101 798 30:24 23 13
New York (A) 16 966 304.9 5.0 17.6 79 208 38.0 5 13 38.5 86 720 28:09 29 14
Miami 16 1009 305.9 4.9 17.6 72 223 32.3 8 11 72.7 107 852 31:40 22 10
New England 16 988 310.8 5.0 18.1 81 209 38.8 13 30 43.3 118 1014 28:38 31 16
Jacksonville 16 972 320.9 5.3 18.1 84 205 41.0 5 10 50.0 118 966 29:32 30 12
Cleveland 16 1024 325.9 5.1 19.2 78 216 36.1 7 16 43.8 109 890 31:57 20 13
San Diego 16 991 335.0 5.4 20.0 69 196 35.2 13 24 54.2 109 940 28:30 19 10
Cincinnati 16 1031 335.3 5.2 18.9 80 218 36.7 5 15 33.3 106 887 30:40 40 16
Houston 16 971 341.1 5.6 19.0 89 205 43.4 1 6 16.7 123 979 30:01 22 8
Tennessee 16 977 357.8 5.9 19.9 62 186 33.3 9 12 75.0 95 774 28:20 22 12
Indianapolis 16 1042 370.6 5.7 20.7 91 217 41.9 9 28 32.1 116 877 31:20 36 17
Oakland 16 1072 371.0 5.5 22.9 101 213 47.4 7 15 46.7 102 837 33:13 14 9
Kansas City 16 960 377.3 6.3 20.4 71 185 38.4 5 16 31.2 117 957 27:46 23 8

DarkHorse
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
Total Defense - Total Yards/Game
Team G Plys Yds/G Y/P FD/G 3rd Md 3rd Att 3rd % 4th Md 4th Att 4th % Pen PenYds TOP TF L
Pittsburgh 16 882 258.4 4.7 15.5 63 193 32.6 7 13 53.8 104 875 26:01 28 13
Buffalo 16 978 264.2 4.3 16.1 77 214 36.0 11 15 73.3 120 865 29:39 31 15
Denver 16 918 278.7 4.9 14.7 65 209 31.1 5 14 35.7 120 1062 27:23 24 8
Baltimore 16 1009 300.2 4.8 17.1 75 218 34.4 2 8 25.0 101 798 30:24 23 13
New York (A) 16 966 304.9 5.0 17.6 79 208 38.0 5 13 38.5 86 720 28:09 29 14
Miami 16 1009 305.9 4.9 17.6 72 223 32.3 8 11 72.7 107 852 31:40 22 10
New England 16 988 310.8 5.0 18.1 81 209 38.8 13 30 43.3 118 1014 28:38 31 16
Jacksonville 16 972 320.9 5.3 18.1 84 205 41.0 5 10 50.0 118 966 29:32 30 12
Cleveland 16 1024 325.9 5.1 19.2 78 216 36.1 7 16 43.8 109 890 31:57 20 13
San Diego 16 991 335.0 5.4 20.0 69 196 35.2 13 24 54.2 109 940 28:30 19 10
Cincinnati 16 1031 335.3 5.2 18.9 80 218 36.7 5 15 33.3 106 887 30:40 40 16
Houston 16 971 341.1 5.6 19.0 89 205 43.4 1 6 16.7 123 979 30:01 22 8
Tennessee 16 977 357.8 5.9 19.9 62 186 33.3 9 12 75.0 95 774 28:20 22 12
Indianapolis 16 1042 370.6 5.7 20.7 91 217 41.9 9 28 32.1 116 877 31:20 36 17
Oakland 16 1072 371.0 5.5 22.9 101 213 47.4 7 15 46.7 102 837 33:13 14 9
Kansas City 16 960 377.3 6.3 20.4 71 185 38.4 5 16 31.2 117 957 27:46 23 8

Odysseus
03-24-2005, 09:39 AM
So you guys are trying to bring over the whole Cleveland defense and somehow expect it to perform like something other than the Cleveland defense? ;D'

The Browns actually had a decent defense at some point and then the wheels fell off. I don't think the stats present an accurate picture. I think the Broncos will be all right but I'm not a fan of mediocre defense.

bpc
03-24-2005, 10:36 AM
If you don't like mediocre defenses, you would have love the 94' season.

Odysseus
03-24-2005, 12:09 PM
If you don't like mediocre defenses, you would have love the 94' season.

Talk about ripping into the old scar meat!

clint7
03-24-2005, 12:50 PM
No one will ever accuse Brown of rushing hastily to a decision. ::)

Joe_Gibbs
03-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Isnt it amazing how Denver and Washington fans are dying to hear who he signs with. Here is a guy who has missed 33 games the last few years and yet, we all want him on our team. I understand the man has potential if he could stay healthy but Im kinda hoping he signs with you all.

Its Intriguing for Washington fans because we have not had a good rushing DE in a long time and it seems like most SKins fan are willing to take the chance with a hope that he stays healthy. For me, finishing the last 3 years on IR is enough for me to say "No" and Im in the minority.

Anyways, Im ready to hear something as well and hope the news is that he lands in Denver.

cabronco
03-24-2005, 01:06 PM
They should of just put his azz on e-bay where everyone has a final bid at a set time, jeez. I hate this waiting game, usually doesnt bode well for the Broncos. Time to reverse that curse ! :kiddingme

clint7
03-24-2005, 01:08 PM
They should of just put his azz on e-bay where everyone has a final bid at a set time, jeez. I hate this waiting game, usually doesnt bode well for the Broncos. Time to reverse that curse ! :kiddingme

Ha! LOL Ha!

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Isnt it amazing how Denver and Washington fans are dying to hear who he signs with. Here is a guy who has missed 33 games the last few years and yet, we all want him on our team. I understand the man has potential if he could stay healthy but Im kinda hoping he signs with you all.

Its Intriguing for Washington fans because we have not had a good rushing DE in a long time and it seems like most SKins fan are willing to take the chance with a hope that he stays healthy. For me, finishing the last 3 years on IR is enough for me to say "No" and Im in the minority.

Anyways, Im ready to hear something as well and hope the news is that he lands in Denver.

Damn coach...when you out it like that......I hope signs with the Skins.

bronco militia
03-24-2005, 01:34 PM

I not sure, but do many of us (donks) really give a **** about C.Brown?

IMO, I'd rather they miss out on this one

baja
03-24-2005, 01:36 PM
I'd love to have him as long as the contract is tied to playing time as reported.

Hulamau
03-24-2005, 03:22 PM
The deal with Brown and Warren is, both went to a team that had real flux in coaching and a hodge-podge of talent elsewhere on the team. Plus, they dont have a winning tradition there yet, and all of that combined with the extreme pressure of being such high draft choices may have added to their various problems, even though the main deal with Brown was injurires.

The fact that their old coach wants so badly to bring them to his new team where his rep is totally on the line, is encouraging as well.

The way I see it, is that they both get a fresh start with not too many years on their bodies. IF Brown can be 100% to go by minicamps and camp and can stay healthy all year, and the same with Warren, I think the new attitude and their realization that they have to bring it now or be labeled busts forever, make bringing them in a great bet. If we could get Trevor to take a cut and get a great year out of him and draft a good D tackle, we would easliy have one of the, if not THE, best D-fenses in the league.

Particularly, if we have performance clauses in for both of them to hedge our bets.

The thing with Brown is, that if he doesnt commit to us today, we may not get him at all! He ought to know by now what the deal is, and if he isnt excited enough to commit to us now, after Jacksonville has given their offer, I dont want him.

Traveler
03-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Wonder if reason that Brown hasn't made a decision yet is because there are some serious negotiations happening between his agent, the Broncos, and Washington? I'm only excluding J-ville because if it was just a money issue, neither Denver nor washington would have a chance. J-ville is something like $13mil under the cap last I heard.

Rascal
03-24-2005, 03:52 PM
So has he decided yet or did this little stunt by his agent result in somebody else upping their bid and stealing him from us?

Traveler
03-24-2005, 03:54 PM
So has he decided yet or did this little stunt by his agent result in somebody else upping their bid and stealing him from us?

Your guess is as good as mine. ???

Broncobuddy7
03-24-2005, 05:05 PM

After visiting his fourth NFL team Tuesday, defensive end Courtney Brown is expected to inform his suitors of his choice today. Last weekend, Brown was expected to decide between Denver and Washington. After Brown's visits, both teams made offers with incentives tied to his health. Brown -- who has missed 33 games in five seasons -- then decided to keep scheduled visits to the Jaguars (Monday) and Seahawks (Tuesday). Seattle didn't make an offer after Brown's visit. Jacksonville has made him an offer.
-- Washington Post

Last I heard he was waiting for an offer from Jacksonville. Now that Jacksonville has made him an offer he should make his decision pretty soon.

clint7
03-24-2005, 05:14 PM
He's probably got those little plastic NFL football helmets with all the teams interested laid out on his living room floor, while chanting:
Icka bicka soda cracker
Icka bicka boo;
Icka bicka soda cracker
Out goes YOU!!!

Odysseus
03-24-2005, 05:56 PM
I wonder how this affects Pryce?

SoCalBronco
03-24-2005, 06:15 PM
here is an update. Looks like he is still undecided. Denver may have jumped the gun again...or not, who knows. Time for an obligatory "Shanny cant close" reference..Breck will like that one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Redskins Still Waiting on Brown

By Nunyo Demasio
Washington Post Staff Writer
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/w...anguage=printer

Defensive end Courtney Brown kept his suitors in suspense for another day by informing them yesterday he needed more time, according to sources familiar with the situation.

The Washington Redskins and Denver Broncos are considered the front-runners, although Brown has not rule out the Jacksonville Jaguars.

This week, the Broncos had told other NFL team officials Brown would choose them, while Coach Joe Gibbs expressed skepticism, noting the 27-year-old took two other trips after a visit to Redskins Park. Wednesday, Brown had told teams he likely would make a decision by yesterday.

After Brown didn't choose the Broncos yesterday, one source said, Washington took it as a sign he was undecided.

According to a source who spoke to Brown yesterday, the top overall pick in the 2000 draft spent several hours Wednesday night and yesterday grilling agent Marvin Demoff with detailed questions about his options. Demoff, who also represents Gregg Williams -- Washington's assistant head coach of defense -- didn't return a call yesterday. Each suitor gave Brown, who has missed 33 games in five seasons, an offer with incentives tied to his health.

Gibbs and Vice President Vinny Cerrato were returning from the NFL owners meeting in Hawaii yesterday and couldn't be reached to comment.

Redskins Notes: Despite recently being hired by the Redskins to be executive producer for the team's broadcast properties, Larry Michael will keep his job as the play-by-play announcer on WJFK-FM.

"That's one of the joys of my life," Michael, who replaced longtime announcer Frank Herzog at the position in February 2004, said yesterday.

"I've still got a job at WFJK. I'm departing Westwood One to work for the Redskins. WJFK and Westwood One are like two separate entities."

Michael, who had been a senior vice president for sports at Westwood One -- a national radio network -- starts his new duties Monday. Although his previous position at the company made him one of the most influential executives in sports radio, Michael expressed enthusiasm about joining the Redskins.

"I'm excited about the opportunity to be part of the Redskins' television and new media, which includes the Internet," Michael said in a telephone interview. "I spent a long time at Westwood One, and it's time for something like this for me. It's TV [with the Redskins], not radio. My deal with WJFK remains solid."

Michael noted that a team employee with an executive title who also serves as a radio voice is not unprecedented in the NFL.

According to a league spokesperson, at least four clubs have similar arrangements. . . .

The Redskins are reportedly interested in wide receiver Kevin Dyson, who didn't play last season after being released by the San Diego Chargers during training camp.

ro_50
03-24-2005, 06:18 PM
Shanny or someone jumped the gun. Rat-boy strikes again, sniff, sniff.

clint7
03-24-2005, 06:22 PM
Good thing the UPS "Brown" doesn't take this long to deliver. ;)

Garcia Bronco
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm about 24 hours from saying pass.

yavoon
03-24-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd love to have him as long as the contract is tied to playing time as reported.

what if he just sucks? but wont be put on IR.

Cosmo
03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Can we get a link that works? Or at least the time/date that was printed....

Atlas
03-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Shanny or someone jumped the gun. Rat-boy strikes again, sniff, sniff.

What are you guys talking about? I don't remember Shanny ever saying they had Brown already signed. If anyone jumped the gun it's the posters at this forum. Anyway Denver will get their man... and if they don't he will suck!!!

baja
03-24-2005, 06:44 PM
what if he just sucks? but wont be put on IR.

When he plays he doesn't suck but I'm sure you know that.

Traveler
03-24-2005, 06:45 PM
According to posts earlier threads, no one from the broncos said said anything like that. Supposedly it was a reporter from washington that said the broncos thought they had a good chance of signing him.

wabbit
03-24-2005, 06:58 PM
...Supposedly it was a reporter from washington that said the broncos thought they had a good chance of signing him.

This is absolutely true...BUT, apparently the Bronco coaches...assistants I suspect, but I have no confirmation of that...are telling anyone who will listen..Patrick Saunders included...that the deal is as good as done.

Everyone is going to look pretty foolish if this falls through for Denver...not the least of which will be these 'unnamed' coaches.

Hercules Rockefeller
03-24-2005, 07:20 PM
Everyone is going to look pretty foolish if this falls through for Denver...not the least of which will be these 'unnamed' coaches.

Can't really look anymore foolish then they have this offseason: Pryce, Gold, 2-3 new starters, re-sign everyone, etc.

delany
03-24-2005, 07:34 PM
This is absolutely true...BUT, apparently the Bronco coaches...assistants I suspect, but I have no confirmation of that...are telling anyone who will listen..Patrick Saunders included...that the deal is as good as done.

No more foolish than Baltimore announcing Cooper was going to sign.

Who knows what Brown said to the Denver staff? His old position coach on staff...maybe he verbally committed...I can't believe the Broncos are just making it up out of thin air that they believe CB will sign with them.

Who knows...

Maybe it is a chess move with other teams....or maybe there are other ulterior motives for leaking to the media.

Who knows...

OR If he doesn't sign....MAYBE it just has to do with the $$$ or playing situation offered elsewhere and not loose-mouths...

But where is the fun in blaming this management team if that is the case, right?

Ray Finkle
03-24-2005, 07:39 PM
No more foolish than Baltimore announcing Cooper was going to sign.

Who knows what Brown said to the Denver staff? His old position coach on staff...maybe he verbally committed...I can't believe the Broncos are just making it up out of thin air that they believe CB will sign with them.

Who knows...

Maybe it is a chess move with other teams....or maybe there are other ulterior motives for leaking to the media.

Who knows...

OR If he doesn't sign....MAYBE it just has to do with the $$$ or playing situation offered elsewhere and not loose-mouths...

But where is the fun in blaming this management team if that is the case, right?

Difference was that Coop' verbally agreed....so far Brown hasn't....

Ballhawk
03-24-2005, 07:41 PM
If he doesn't sign, we will look foolish for about a day. This is not some big time acquisition, this is a player that has "upside" a familar word that floats around Dove Valley every year.

I would prefer Pryce if he would rework, or Douglas who has experiance in the 3-4.

We just need a couple big bodies that can perform at an average level and take up some blocks so that the talent at LB can do their thing. If we happen to land a good to great player in the draft all the better.

Ray Finkle
03-24-2005, 07:44 PM
If he doesn't sign, we will look foolish for about a day. This is not some big time acquisition, this is a player that has "upside" a familar word that floats around Dove Valley every year.

I would prefer Pryce if he would rework, or Douglas who has experiance in the 3-4.

We just need a couple big bodies that can perform at an average level and take up some blocks so that the talent at LB can do their thing. If we happen to land a good to great player in the draft all the better.

If he doesn't sign, the Broncos look foolish until his first injury....I like Douglas as a fall back as long as he doesn't turn out to be jelly donut 2

SoCalBronco
03-24-2005, 07:46 PM
ray, if he gets injured we still dont look foolish because a large part of his contract is based on playing time according to shanny. lets not make excuses for the team in anticipation of their failure to close the deal.

Ray Finkle
03-24-2005, 07:48 PM
ray, if he gets injured we still dont look foolish because a large part of his contract is based on playing time according to shanny. lets not make excuses for the team in anticipation of their failure to close the deal.

Hey Socal, I am trying to be "Mr. Positive"....I agree though...anything to piss of Danny Boy and the Skins down here is fine by me...

broncos love
03-24-2005, 08:53 PM

Hey its lose , lose situation for u cali,get some hope for the season this year.Yu,heav,and jim armstrong love the broncos when there 5-1 and champ bailey is god and when he plays a bad game in the snow , whitch he never played in snow before denver u think he is the chump and yal need a new team , because u aint no true bronco fan. bitch

SoCalBronco
03-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Hey its lose , lose situation for u cali,get some hope for the season this year.Yu,heav,and jim armstrong love the broncos when there 5-1 and champ bailey is god and when he plays a bad game in the snow , whitch he never played in snow before denver u think he is the chump and yal need a new team , because u aint no true bronco fan. bitch

you dont know the first thing about me or my history as a Broncos fan. I will be more restrained this time and not say anything. your not worthy of any sort of real reply.

broncos love
03-24-2005, 09:06 PM
sounds like an old la radiers fan

Ray Finkle
03-24-2005, 09:10 PM
sounds like an old la radiers fan

BL, watch out for offending some of the most respected posters....a word to the wise...

broncos love
03-24-2005, 09:14 PM
**** them they dont do **** besides a couple of them bc the broncos would be the cardinals if we put or input into the"insiders"

baja
03-24-2005, 09:18 PM
**** them they dont do **** besides a couple of them bc the broncos would be the cardinals if we put or input into the"insiders"

You should'a stayed in school. Fifth grade was not going to be that hard.

Paladin
03-24-2005, 09:24 PM
Getting back to the thread......

I say, screw him. Move on and go hard for Douglas. The dallance has lasted too long, and the indecision reflects badly on his ability to "move".

baja
03-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I want Brown in Orange

Paladin
03-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I don't think he's eligible to play for Tennessee.....

baja
03-24-2005, 09:35 PM
and Blue

broncos love
03-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Hey i u can hate me but im just stating what i belive and I think the broncos or in prime positon for great playof postion because . THEY GOT DL , THEIR LB'S ARE GONE TO BE THE BEST IN THE GAME AND WITHE A DEEP DL DRAFT . THEIR GONE TO BE OK .

DAMM TRUST THE COACHIN STAFF AND JAKE . YOU WOULD THINNK WE WERE 5-11 last year , cmon who in or confernce can hang withe us besides okland . ouit reading the naysayors on rocky mountain and denver post williamson

~Crash~
03-24-2005, 09:49 PM
brown had the type of surgery to stop bone on bone in his knees that was I guess 2 years ago . they last usaly 5 years and that is if it takes neils did not take to good from the looks of things his was done 2 years ago...

HEAV
03-24-2005, 10:10 PM

Who in the F*ck do you think you are running your mouth/type on here? I have never spoken, nor type, one word to you and yet I see my name in your post bashing SoCal!

So it come down to the classic "I'm a better Bronco fan than you" Just because Socal and myself feel that the managment or mismanagement of the team has been terrible.

Let me tell you something the reason we are pissed is because we care so freaking much that when we see talent that has been drafted, developed and turned into solid pros only to leave because the past mistakes and current ones are not allowing the team to keep it's young talent!

It makes us sick to see Berry, Heyward, Herdon, Montage Reagor to just name a few playing elsewhere. While at the same time having broken down or one year reclomation projects brought in for a quick fix.

Just because we don't agree with the management of the team it doesn't mean we are not fans of the team. We spend time and money of this team. We go to the games, pay for the tickets, plan our vacations, set time aside from or work and families for the Broncos.

So to have punks like yourself and the few other "Real Broncos" fans tell Socal and I we aren't fans is Bull****! Go F*ck yourself.

SoCalBronco
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Who in the F*ck do you think you are running your mouth/type on here? I have never spoken, nor type, one word to you and yet I see my name in your post bashing SoCal!

So it come down to the classic "I'm a better Bronco fan than you" Just because Socal and myself feel that the managment or mismanagement of the team has been terrible.

Let me tell you something the reason we are pissed is because we care so freaking much that when we see talent that has been drafted, developed and turned into solid pros only to leave because the past mistakes and current ones are not allowing the team to keep it's young talent!

It makes us sick to see Berry, Heyward, Herdon, Montage Reagor to just name a few playing elsewhere. While at the same time having broken down or one year reclomation projects brought in for a quick fix.

Just because we don't agree with the management of the team it doesn't mean we are not fans of the team. We spend time and money of this team. We go to the games, pay for the tickets, plan our vacations, set time aside from or work and families for the Broncos.

So to have punks like yourself and the few other "Real Broncos" fans tell Socal and I we aren't fans is Bull****! Go F*ck yourself.

I would rep you 10,000 times for that post if i could, but because of the system you'll have to settle for one...at a time. :)

ro_50
03-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Rack Heav07. Its amazing you guys can read his posts. I'm having a hard time reading that preschool grammar.

SouthStndJunkie
03-25-2005, 02:05 PM
Broncos | Still Waiting on Brown - from www.KFFL.com Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:24:14 -0800

Nunyo Demasio, of the Washington Post, reports free agent DE Courtney Brown (Browns) told his suitors, including the Denver Broncos, that he needs more time to make a decision on where he will play in 2005, according to sources familiar with the situation.

Rascal
03-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Great. The longer he waits the lower our chances become IMO.

If the Broncos tell him that we will be keeping Pryce though, I think that would affect his decision a lot.

clint7
03-25-2005, 02:17 PM
Waiting on Brown to decide is like...

-Watching Sergio Garcia line up for a put.
-Like a trip to the DMV to get your license renewed.
-Like my mother-in-law at a restaurant trying to select her meal choice from the menu.
-Like...well, you get the idea.

2KBack
03-25-2005, 02:23 PM
I wanted Brown at first, but this little indecision stunt has soured my opinion of him. Let's concentrate on getting a guy in here with some hunger, I don't want to lose Trevor and gain some wishy washy punk.

HEAV
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
Waiting on Brown to decide is like...

-Watching Sergio Garcia line up for a put.
-Like a trip to the DMV to get your license renewed.
-Like my mother-in-law at a restaurant trying to select her meal choice from the menu.
-Like...well, you get the idea.

Waiting in the Dentist office knowing that once you get in something bad will happen........... then having to make another appointment to go threw that all again in 6 months.

labronco
03-25-2005, 02:25 PM
let's end this thread right here. no matter where he goes, he'll be a non-factor.

big56fan#1
03-25-2005, 02:34 PM
According to ESPN NEWS, C.Brown will decide some time Saturday. they didnt give any details, just he plans on saying something tomarrow.

SoCalBronco
03-25-2005, 02:43 PM
i just saw on espn news that they said he will decide today or tomorrow. so we will see what happens.

Dean
03-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Call me crazy but at this point in time he is the best choice (though not the only one) available. I would still like to see him in orange and blue this season. It would be nice to get him into the off season workouts when they start and get him down to around 275 lbs and I think he could show some of the quickness that he had his rooky year. If he can stay healthy (the Broncos don't hit much in practice plus we rotate D-line) he could be a huge plus.

SouthStndJunkie
03-25-2005, 02:55 PM
He wants to take his time to decide which team he will steal money from this time.

He will probably blow out his elbow signing the contract.

SSJ

Billy Clyde Puckett
03-25-2005, 03:04 PM
General Francisco Franco is still dead. (Old SNL skit for the youngsters)

long beach bronco
03-25-2005, 03:10 PM
So harsh Junkman, but i hear ya, Brown knows exactly who he wants to play for, i don't understand the stalemate.

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Pass....next

Pat Bowlen
03-25-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey i u can hate me but im just stating what i belive and I think the broncos or in prime positon for great playof postion because . THEY GOT DL , THEIR LB'S ARE GONE TO BE THE BEST IN THE GAME AND WITHE A DEEP DL DRAFT . THEIR GONE TO BE OK .

DAMM TRUST THE COACHIN STAFF AND JAKE . YOU WOULD THINNK WE WERE 5-11 last year , cmon who in or confernce can hang withe us besides okland . ouit reading the naysayors on rocky mountain and denver post williamson
Welcome back!

RaiderH8r
03-25-2005, 03:51 PM
Welcome back!
There's no time off scheduled into the "Plan"....back to work you. I demand a pass rush. I want to see the Refs picking up TrInt Green's teeth off the field next season, make it so.

IHaveALight
03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Damn people, what's the big deal about him taking his time? Come on now, it's a big decision, give him a break. If I was in his shoes I would be taking my time too. There are so many things to consider.

watermock
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
This is like waiting for the pregnancy test.

Your sitting there thinking "ABORT ABORT" while giving that big hug and wondering why the South African Cartel is making you devote 10% of your earnings for an overpaid rock to finance Nazis...

watermock
03-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Don't worry about Courteny...She's scheduled to begin running in May.

Give me a ****ing break. She allready has a bone on bone knee with microfracture.

Yeah, you go think about it some more. I for one don't need this ****ing daily update on his injury progress.

Maximus
03-25-2005, 04:23 PM
Brown & Warren... didn't they play a part in the Jamal Lewis 2 game Yardage Glut?

HEAV
03-25-2005, 09:52 PM
Brown & Warren... didn't they play a part in the Jamal Lewis 2 game Yardage Glut?

Clockwork Orange
03-25-2005, 09:55 PM

Did they have Al Wilson, DJ Williams, John Lynch & Champ Bailey for run support behind them in Cleveland?

All I want is for them to get some pressure on the QB.

Garcia Bronco
03-25-2005, 10:14 PM

Baaa...we've given up the single game rushing record before...no big deal. :woowoo:

HEAV
03-25-2005, 10:35 PM
I had the pleasure of getting to wittness that game live........... over pursuit all day Corey cut it back everytime.

Atlas
03-26-2005, 01:31 AM
you dont know the first thing about me or my history as a Broncos fan. I will be more restrained this time and not say anything. your not worthy of any sort of real reply.

Did Bronco love just call you a bitch??

Bronco LB 59
03-26-2005, 03:34 AM
I had the pleasure of getting to wittness that game live........... over pursuit all day Corey cut it back everytime.

Bronco fans have experienced the best of times and the worst of times. We have endured some of the s*ttiest losses ever. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

That embarrassing loss is what f*cked Denver from winning the AFC West.

I just wanted to recognize two of our favorites who deserve credit for not f*cking Denver that afternoon.

Rod Smith 7 receptions, 110 yards, 1 TD

E.McCaffrey 10 receptions, 136 yards

Bronco LB 59
03-26-2005, 03:40 AM
Easy Ed

long beach bronco
03-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Still waiting on you Mr. Brown............if we may call you that. :(

bronco militia
03-28-2005, 02:04 PM
...hell, I'm still waiting for the offseason "fireworks"....

OBF1
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Its all part of the plan. Have faith.

Hulamau
03-28-2005, 02:23 PM
First it was going to be Wednesday then Thursday, then Saturday for sure then Sunday, and now more dick dragging. If he doesn't commit today I say move on to Douglas and let the confused dude work it out with the skins. Sure, if he was healthy and motivated it would be a good pick up, but he is stacking the deck like this and somebody is going to wind up being forced to give him more than he's worth and/or not protect ourselves and then we could have another IHOP on our hands dragging the cap all to hell.

I mean he's got bone on bone on one knee already, and he cant even run until late May. If he does sign with us we damn sure better have the protection in place.

While we are waiting on his ass we might lose Douglas to someone else!

long beach bronco
03-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Very True.

bendog
03-28-2005, 02:40 PM
I can't even belive we're tendering an offer to this walking IR

Atlas
03-28-2005, 03:50 PM
Shanny got his man!! WAHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as Brown gets rid of the crutches everyone will be happy!!! Can he play with crutches??

It would be funny watching him beat Kerry Collins over the head with one of his crutches.

RhymesayersDU
03-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Great signing!

OBF1
03-17-2012, 01:21 PM
Great signing!

To find out who is normally the biggest a-hole on a website, Go no further than the idiot that pulls up 7 year old threads... You make your people proud :thumbs:

Rohirrim
03-17-2012, 01:22 PM
This is like waiting for the pregnancy test.

Your sitting there thinking "ABORT ABORT" while giving that big hug and wondering why the South African Cartel is making you devote 10% of your earnings for an overpaid rock to finance Nazis...

Got to love the Mock and his mindbenders.

theAPAOps5
03-17-2012, 01:23 PM
I was so lost in this until CBF1 post. Then I looked at date!

Archer81
03-17-2012, 01:25 PM
We were all so hopeful in 2005.

:Broncos:

bpc
03-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Wasn't much life to Brown and Warren overall but they did lead us to a 13-3 campaign along w hosting an afc championship game before Plummet had another one of his playoff meltdowns in prime time and **** the bed.

oubronco
03-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Asshole, I thought they were signing someone

RaiderH8r
03-17-2012, 01:45 PM
a-hole, I thought they were signing someone

Got me too. Thread title should be amended with a flashback notice.

maher_tyler
03-17-2012, 02:40 PM
a-hole, I thought they were signing someone

Ditto! Was wondering who this Brown guy is for a minute.

Mogulseeker
03-17-2012, 02:50 PM
I was so lost in this until CBF1 post. Then I looked at date!

Me too, lol.

I looked players named Brown on the Cleveland Browns, and thought all this fuss was about CB Sheldon Brown.

IHaveALight
03-17-2012, 05:07 PM
This bump has bad mojo written all over it.

TheReverend
03-17-2012, 05:57 PM
If only we could find another Courtney :(

RhymesayersDU
03-17-2012, 10:20 PM
A+ thread, guys.