PDA

View Full Version : Praise be to Allah... Sirius Satellite Radio Reporting...(Surtain to Chiefs?)

Bob's your Information Minister
03-16-2005, 11:42 PM
In a Sirius radio NFL update this evening apparently the Chiefs and Dolphins have worked out the trade for Patrick Surtain, however they are still trying to work out the signing bonus, as I'm sure you can imagine Surtain wants more than the Chiefs want to give him. This deal could be done as early as tommorrow. They went on to state that Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite. Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth

SoCalBronco
03-16-2005, 11:47 PM
actually i read hartwell may go to atlanta and surtain is headed to seattle but i can see the chiefs getting one of them.

ro_50
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
didnt Seattle sign Kelly Herndon to an offer sheet yesterday to start opposite Marcus Trufant.

03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
They signed him, yes....

Sirius satellite radio is usually correct, folks. :twokisses

Needa Pass Rush
03-17-2005, 01:57 AM

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... the Anti-Bob? ???

Ray Finkle
03-17-2005, 03:45 AM
In a Sirius radio NFL update this evening apparently the Chiefs and Dolphins have worked out the trade for Patrick Surtain, however they are still trying to work out the signing bonus, as I'm sure you can imagine Surtain wants more than the Chiefs want to give him. This deal could be done as early as tommorrow. They went on to state that Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite. Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth

If your wrong, I hope they ban your ass.....I tried of you trolling here and posting crap that doesn't happen.....other than that, you are an alright guy...

bro1ncos
03-17-2005, 05:20 AM
Scout.com reporting that Seahawks and Browns emerging as the leaders for Hartwell.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_360785_101&prov=citadel&type=lgns

Scout.com is usually correct, Boob.

Bronco9798
03-21-2005, 07:24 AM

KC emerging as a favorite? Chiefs blow another one.....

Linebacker Ed Hartwell did not panic when seemingly every other NFL free agent had signed.

"I think I wanted to wait, and patience is a virtue," he said. "I wanted the right situation and the right team."

Hartwell, who went to Cheyenne High School and lives in Las Vegas in the offseason, said he found that fit Sunday. He said he has signed a six-year, $26.24 million guaranteed contract with the Atlanta Falcons that includes an $8 million signing bonus.

Guaranteed NFL contracts are virtually unheard of anymore because of the risk of injuries.

"It's a great agent," Hartwell said of Harold Lewis. "Other than the money, I'm excited to go to Atlanta. It's a great organization. Arthur Blank, the owner, is a great guy, and the head coach (Jim Mora) and defensive coordinator (Ed Donatell) on down. It's a great team on the verge of a Super Bowl run."

The Falcons went to the NFC Championship Game last season before losing to the Philadelphia Eagles.

They are most noted for an offense led by quarterback Michael Vick and running back Warrick Dunn. Atlanta's defense ranked in about the middle of the league.

"We never had the offense in Baltimore like they've had in Atlanta," said Hartwell, who spent all four of his NFL seasons with the Ravens. "They definitely have a lot of great players. If you put together that great offense with a great defense and play together as a team, it could be an unbelievably good future."

Hartwell signed to be an integral part of that future, and the Falcons obviously were interested in one of the NFL's most-noted free agents. ESPN ranked Hartwell (6 feet 1 inch, 250 pounds) as the league's No. 5 free agent.

He is coming off a season in which he made 96 tackles while playing in Ray Lewis' shadow. Hartwell's career high was 142 tackles in 2002.

Hartwell said 17 clubs expressed interest when the free-agent period began and told Lewis to organize the effort to pick the best one. Lewis previously said he set high contract standards to weed out the teams that weren't serious.

Though Lewis did not talks specifics, the asking price reportedly was $4 million annually. Hartwell made $1.348 million last season.

In the end, Hartwell said he chose Atlanta over Arizona, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Kansas City and Seattle. He said the offers were about $3.5 million to $5 million annually.

"I told my agent I didn't just want the highest payday," Hartwell said. "If one team offers $5 million and another $4.8 million, I wasn't going to automatically sign for $5 million because it wasn't just the money. I definitely wanted to go somewhere I would be happy. Atlanta is now my second home because Vegas is my first home."

Poclman
03-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Yep, it just showed up on KFFL...

Falcons | Hartwell Agrees to Six-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 08:12:32 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Atlanta Falcons have reached a six-year contract agreement with free agent LB Ed Hartwell (Ravens). The deal totals $24.25 million and includes an $8 million signing bonus. There are additional base salary guarantees in the first three seasons of the contract. The deal will pay Hartwell $10 million in its first two years and $13.25 million over the first three seasons.

You really are the Information Minister, aren't you! :dummy: Hilarious!

03-21-2005, 08:34 AM
I didn't predict any signing this time...

Poclman
03-21-2005, 08:38 AM
They went on to state that Ed Hartwell is expected to sign within a couple of days and KC is emerging as a favorite.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2284&dateline=1109824836

Mile High Shack
03-21-2005, 08:40 AM

oh yeah?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=23860

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-21-2005, 08:53 AM
Ban.
Ban.
Ban.

Ray Finkle
03-21-2005, 08:54 AM

Bob, you were quoted left and right saying these were going to be true....the bomb went off in your face now live with it...

Darkhawk24
03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Bobs just mad he couldn't dub him the Red Hart.

Paladin
03-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Ya know, this BIM is a perfect example of the rights of all Americans to appear stupid in public. Americans are not supposed to be drunk in public, perform sex acts in public, display bodily parts in public, and lots of other things are taboo. But they can appear stupid in public. He is, I think, playing the "Stupid Card" a bit too heavily. The Iraqi Information Minister was trying to maintain morale, or something, which, while misguided and lacking in factual clarity, was at least purposeful. BIM isn't maintaining anything except his right to be stupid in public; one would think purposefully. I think BIM is the Anti-Mensa Crusader.

How else do you explain a Chef fan on a Bronco board who posts crap that no one really gives a turd about?

Arkie
03-21-2005, 09:19 AM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=2284&dateline=1109824836
Hartwell will be a Chief - soon.

Can we get my name changed back

Taco John
03-21-2005, 09:21 AM

ROFL!

You had me until you said that... Sirius Satellite has been a joke when it comes to accuracy. I'm not saying that it's not true. I'm saying that if Sirius is saying it, I'll wait until a credible news source releases it. Sirius is in the business of getting subscribers right now, and have been very loose with the accuracy.

Sirius Satellite is *not* usually correct.

Taco John
03-21-2005, 09:22 AM
And that's not to mention what a joke your threads on Chiefs signings this year have been.

Ratboy
03-21-2005, 09:22 AM
Bob is digging himself deeper each time he makes a prediction.

RaiderH8r
03-21-2005, 09:23 AM
ROFL!

You had me until you said that... Sirius Satellite has been a joke when it comes to accuracy. I'm not saying that it's not true. I'm saying that if Sirius is saying it, I'll wait until a credible news source releases it. Sirius is in the business of getting subscribers right now, and have been very loose with the accuracy.

Sirius Satellite is *not* usually correct.
:vermeil: "Can we change my name back?"

RaiderH8r
03-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Bob, put down the shovel and grab the rope. It's the only way out of the hole.

Taco John
03-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Like I said this was on Sirius radio, so take it for what it's worth

http://www.cascadeslodge.com/pub/images/wooden.gif

Mile High Shack
03-21-2005, 09:33 AM
LOL...Praise be to Allah

you crack me up TJ

TheDave
03-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Hey bob what is Surtain's nick name going to be? With all you Dungeons & Dragons experience you should be able to come up with a good one.

03-21-2005, 09:56 AM
Sir Tain?

TheDave
03-21-2005, 09:57 AM
Sir Tain?

Good Job!

Mile High Shack
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Puty Tang?

03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Good Job!

Ph34r my +6 interception for touchdown!

Spider
03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Hilarious! @ Praise be to Allah... Sirius Satellite Radio Reporting...(Surtain to Chiefs?) .... someone here has a sense of humor .....

03-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Hilarious! @ Praise be to Allah... Sirius Satellite Radio Reporting...(Surtain to Chiefs?) .... someone here has a sense of humor .....

Can you guess? I'll give you a hint. Their name rhymes with "Paco Mom"

Spider
03-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Denfan38 ?

03-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Denfan38 ?

I said "Paco Mom" not "MenFanFlirtyDate"

Spider
03-21-2005, 10:24 AM
I said "Paco Mom" not "MenFanFlirtyDate"
Not Denfan38 ........ hmm me thinks I gots it .... Blue flame ;D

03-21-2005, 10:27 AM
Not Denfan38 ........ hmm me thinks I gots it .... Blue flame ;D

I said "Paco Mom" not "PooDame"

TheNextStep
03-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Man, the Chiefs are going to be tough this year. I mean, they added Trotter, then Rolle, then Bell, then Hartwell, and now Surtain is a sure thing, too?

Man... that's a nice off-season!

Spider
03-21-2005, 10:32 AM
I said "Paco Mom" not "PooDame"
Ahhhhhhh I see now .....Garcia Bronco

03-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Ahhhhhhh I see now .....Garcia Bronco

"MarciaHonko"

Please don't say "Clockwork Orange"

Spider
03-21-2005, 10:36 AM
"MarciaHonko"

Please don't say "Clockwork Orange"
Naw Not clockwork , will go with Watermock .......

FADERPROOF
03-21-2005, 11:01 AM

Please let us know how the words "mom" and "John" rhyme?

03-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Naw Not clockwork , will go with Watermock .......

Shut up already.

NaptownChief
03-21-2005, 11:13 AM
Please let us know how the words "mom" and "John" rhyme?

Pretty weak...He could at least come with something just mildly weak like "Vertical Taco John" or something like that....

Ray Finkle
03-21-2005, 11:14 AM
Shut up already.

The whole OM wishes you would....

FADERPROOF
Shut up already.

You should take some of your own advice...

Spider
Shut up already.
Did I get it right ?

FADERPROOF
03-21-2005, 11:16 AM
Did I get it right ?

It's a trick question, none of the mods usernames rhyme with "mom."

Spider
03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
It's a trick question, none of the mods usernames rhyme with "mom."
;D

Taco John
03-21-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8314615/1

Chiefs still 'just looking' at the corner market
March 21, 2005
By Clark Judge
SportsLine.com Senior Writer
Tell Clark your opinion!

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- The Kansas City Chiefs went into free-agency looking for a linebacker, a safety and a cornerback, and now that they're two-thirds of the way home, it's time to ask: When do they add the cornerback?

Not anytime soon.

Patrick Surtain apparently will cost too much to obtain and sign. (AP)
Listening to team president Carl Peterson, it's clear the Chiefs' preference is to sign a veteran at the position, and he hasn't ruled out the possibility of making a move in that direction before the April 23 draft.

But let's be real here. The market is flat, Ty Law hasn't recovered from a foot injury, and there is no movement in negotiations to swing a deal for Patrick Surtain. So that leaves the Chiefs with the likelihood of adding their next cornerback with their first or second pick of the draft.

"I'd say the chances are real, real strong," said Peterson, here for the NFL's annual owners meetings.

And here's why: The Chiefs are interested in Law, but on their terms, not his. The four-time Pro Bowl cornerback, who visited Kansas City last week, is interested in a contract that includes more guaranteed money than the Chiefs will pay for a 31-year-old with a bad wheel.

Law is coming off a fractured foot that sidelined him the last 12 games last year, including Super Bowl XXXIX, and was in a protective boot when he visited the Chiefs. According to Peterson, Law must wait until May before having two screws removed from his foot, which means the club won't act on him until at least then.

And then it's interested in a contract that protects them in the event that Law re-injures himself, a deal similar to one linebacker Kendrell Bell signed with the Chiefs earlier this month.

Law's agent, Carl Poston, met with the Chiefs at the February scouting combine and later told team officials that his client has a four-year, $26 million offer to return to the Patriots. The Chiefs can't verify that, but they aren't interested in paying big money unless they catch a break from the player in negotiations anyway.

So let's say Law is out of the mix. There's always Surtain, the cornerback Miami is willing to peddle. Only there's a hitch there, too. In fact, there are two: 1) The Dolphins want a second-round pick for Surtain, and Kansas City -- which doesn't have a third-rounder this year -- won't surrender its second-rounder, too; 2) Preliminary discussions with Surtain's agent haven't gone far. Surtain, who is entering the last year of his contract in Miami, is asking for a deal that averages nearly $7 million annually and includes a signing bonus superior to the payouts to this year's top free-agent cornerbacks like Anthony Henry, Samari Rolle and Ken Lucas.

Lucas gained a signing bonus of $13 million, Rolle $11 million and Henry $10 million.

While there's still a possibility a deal could be swung, the chances right now are minimal. The two sides talked briefly Monday at the meetings, but nothing substantive emerged from the discussions. The problem is clear: The Chiefs would have to reach an agreement with Surtain before reaching an agreement on compensation with Miami, and it's stuck on both fronts.

Which means the club probably is looking at a cornerback with the either of its first two draft picks.

Back 1 2
"Yes, absolutely, there's a good chance of that happening," said Peterson. "We've scouted all the (cornerbacks) in the draft and are in the process of evaluating them, and thank goodness."

There is, of course, another possibility: Oakland cornerback Charles Woodson. The Raiders designed him as their franchise player, he signed the tender and now the club is on the hook for $10.5 million. The Raiders want to trade Woodson and probably will, but there is no market yet -- and count the Chiefs among the uninterested.

While the club is high on Woodson's athletic ability, having him rated near the top of the board of available cornerbacks when free-agency began, it's concerned about what one team official labeled "off-the-field stuff." In fact, they're so concerned that there has been no discussion about the guy.

That takes the Chiefs back to the draft, and look for them to make a move on a cornerback on the first day.

"At this point," said one club official, "that's what we're talking about."

alanm
03-22-2005, 12:07 AM
So Bob, How's that Surtain trade working out?

Notice to you young journalism students. Never run with a story unless it's confirmed by 3 sources. One of which isn't the KC Star BB. :nono:

Taco John
03-22-2005, 12:10 AM
The other one being a fledgling radio station that will say anything to get listeners to tune in...

fontaine
03-22-2005, 05:24 AM
Wow, billy bob's info is about as genuine as the fake boobs on the sheep in the chef's "locker room".

RhymesayersDU
03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Praise!!!

Rulon Velvet Jones
03-29-2010, 09:26 PM
What the **** are you doing?

03-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Funny how this turned out to be 100% true.

Owned!

Killericon
03-29-2010, 11:30 PM
Back when this place used to be Jovial.