PDA

View Full Version : "Ignore Thread" feature is now available...

Taco John
09-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Hello everybody...

It's been a long time coming, but I finally managed to get it up and running, even if there is a little tick in the system... That will be fixed soon enough.

You now have the option to ignore threads that you would rather not have cluttering up your experience here at the Orange Mane... To do this, simply click on the thread that you would like to ignore. In the thread toolbar, you will see something called "Thread Tools." In this menu, you will see an option to "Ignore This Thread."

Once you click on that, the thread will dissappear for you... Like magic!

If you want to get the thread back, you can! Go to your "User CP" and look at the toolbar on the left. You'll see an option under the "Miscellaneous" section that says "Ignored Threads." Click on that and you'll see your ignored threads, and will be given the option to put them back on your map. :thumbs:

You now have the ultimate control of your thread list on the forum! Use it well.

Taco John
09-09-2004, 01:37 AM
PS. The tick in the system is that is says that it can't find particular phrases that the system uses... Ignore that warning... I'm aware of it and am working to get those phrases listed... I just need to figure out what they are. It will work nonetheless...

Meck77
09-09-2004, 01:48 AM
Nice.........In theory you should never get another complaint. I never understood why people bitch about a poster when they could use ignore anyway but now they can simply ignore entire "sensative" conversations. As long as everyone doesn't "ignore" your thread it should work!

Nick C.
09-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Ignore is a great thing! :D

Pezman
09-09-2004, 02:00 AM
Well there goes the War and Politics forum! J/k! ;)

Its too bad we can't figure out a way to broadly set the iggy for Chef fan. Ah... but then again, what fun would it be to not see them crawl back under their rocks after week one like they hid after last December's thrashing... good times, good times...

Phobia
09-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Nice feature. Did you custom hack it or was there something out at the vBull site?

Rascal
09-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Now if we can only ignore a forum. HAHA!!!

Taco John
09-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Another guy had it custom hacked and saw me begging for it over there and hooked me up...

Ratboy
09-09-2004, 09:35 AM
Hey TJ,

Is there a way to block chiefs/raiders/chargers(who we hardly see) fans from even viewing the board? :-D

Borks147
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
Hey TJ,

Is there a way to block chiefs/raiders/chargers(who we hardly see) fans from even viewing the board? :-D

charger fans only come out of hibernation once every 1.5 decades (when they have a winning season)

Clockwork Orange
09-09-2004, 09:11 PM
....you will see something called "Thread Tools."

The very reason why this feature is necessary.

Maximus
09-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I would love for the ignore feature to be enhanced so that if I put someone on my ignore list... not only will I not see their posts but... they cant see mine either.

TheNextStep
09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Alec, Donkeyshow, and I have been posting quite a bit tonight after imbibing quite recklessly in the Devil's brew. With that in mind, where the hell is the "just ignore me" feature?

RunByDesign
09-11-2004, 08:57 AM
"Ignore" is for girly men.