You silly girls...

Sassy
02-26-2002, 07:43 AM
Hey, if Blue wasn't going to do it, I was ;D
I had to check it out to see if she had it
up yet ;)

gunns
02-26-2002, 04:07 PM
I hope this girl talk includes football.  Or links to gorgeous guys. 8)

Midnight Blue
02-26-2002, 04:32 PM
LOL... there's gonna be plenty of both of those subjects on this thread, I'm sure... ;D :P :D

Sassy
02-26-2002, 06:36 PM
LOL... there's gonna be plenty of both of those subjects on this thread, I'm sure... ;D :P :D

OF COURSE ;D  Notice how the new board got up shortly after we started our "For Our Eyes Only" thread ;)

phillybroncosnut
02-26-2002, 09:45 PM
OF COURSE ;D  Notice how the new board got up shortly after we started our "For Our Eyes Only" thread ;)

Hello my fine looking Bronco Beauties.

ND, Blue or any other lady, don't you dare post pic's of men. I get awfully gealous when my women are hawking on some sissy looking boy toy!
You are my women and you do as you're told! >:(

Sassy
02-26-2002, 09:53 PM

ND, Blue or any other lady, don't you dare post pic's of men. I get awfully gealous when my women are hawking on some sissy looking boy toy!

Possessive and Jealous...doesn't turn me on >:( ;D....

and for the record....
No one tells me what to do! >:( ::)

Midnight Blue
02-26-2002, 10:16 PM
LOL... I suspect you're in for a big surprise if you expect impish Bronco girls to be submissive or obedient... we're all spunky and full of mischief... ;D

I will promise not to post any pics of N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys, though... ;D

Sassy
02-26-2002, 10:26 PM
I will promise not to post any pics of N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys, though...   :o ::) :P

LOL ;D

I bet Bluespark I and II wouldn't mind, though... :)

phillybroncosnut
02-26-2002, 10:27 PM
:o >:( :( ??? :-[ :-/ :-X :'(  :P :-*

NUFF SAID!

Sassy
02-26-2002, 10:33 PM
:o >:( :( ??? :-[ :-/ :-X :'(  :P :-*
NUFF SAID!

What does that mean? ???

Midnight Blue
02-26-2002, 11:00 PM
I will promise not to post any pics of N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys, though...   :o ::) :P

LOL ;D

I bet Bluespark I and II wouldn't mind, though... :)

They still like the Backstreet Boys, but have "outgrown" N'Sync (thankfully!) ;D

Sassy
02-26-2002, 11:07 PM
I think we scared Philly out of "girl talk" ???  

Midnight Blue
02-26-2002, 11:32 PM
Oh, I don't think Chick Magnet gets scared off that easily! Besides, he loves us! ;D

gunns
02-27-2002, 09:13 AM

Kiss my what?

gunns
02-27-2002, 09:16 AM
LOL... I suspect you're in for a big surprise if you expect impish Bronco girls to be submissive or obedient... we're all spunky and full of mischief... ;D

I will promise not to post any pics of N'Sync or the Backstreet Boys, though... ;D

Bless you!

Sassy
02-27-2002, 04:46 PM
LOL We know how to keep the men on this board in line :wink:

estragand
02-27-2002, 05:17 PM
I think the more important question is: ND, Blue and Gunns ...are you guys HOT?

Midnight Blue
02-27-2002, 06:41 PM
I think the more important question is: ND, Blue and Gunns ...are you guys HOT?

What was that line Smurf used to have from the movie "Dude, where's my Car?".... "We are not guys... we're hot chicks with large breasts".... LOL!

Of course we're hot! All Bronco ladies are! ;D ;D ;D

gudgref
03-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Yikes! I'm not here for a while and the whole board transforms!  Glad to see that Girl Talk has reemerged.

How is everyone?

Hey, we finally got the "Bronco" in our title! :flower:

Taco John
03-03-2002, 11:55 PM
You girls are going to have a hard time getting this thing back up to 200 pages...  The last board, there were 15 posts per page...  I've doubled that with the new board.  

:blah:

gudgref
03-03-2002, 11:58 PM
Is that a challenge, TJ?  :wink:

Sassy
03-04-2002, 12:15 AM
You girls are going to have a hard time getting this thing back up to 200 pages...  The last board, there were 15 posts per page...  I've doubled that with the new board.  

:blah:
NO PROBLEM!  :giggle: :wink: :thumbsup:

HI Ladies, Gudgref, Long time no chat.  How are you/

gudgref
03-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Hi, ND!

Well, the fact that I haven't been on the board in a while is a good indication of how my life has been lately.  Busy, busy, busy.  I had a case of football withdrawal today and made the time to stop in tonight - which I need to do more often.

How are you?

Sassy
03-04-2002, 12:27 AM
LOL! at the football withdrawal.  Me, too!  I've been good and busy. I was in Idaho a couple of weeks ago visiting my sister.  I've been here forever , tonight, though.  Chatting with Philly in the chat room.  You should try it sometime. Cool feature.  I like the new look of Orangemane.  Well, I hate to run, but I need to be up in 5 hours for work!

gudgref
03-04-2002, 12:29 AM
I'll have to check out the chat room.  I did notice that TJ added one.

I need to go, also.  It's late.

Have a great Monday!

Midnight Blue
03-04-2002, 01:04 AM
It's good to see you back, Gudgref... sorry I missed you and ND tonight. :-/

Taco John
03-04-2002, 02:42 AM
Where in Idaho were you ND?

Sassy
03-04-2002, 06:24 AM
New Plymou-About 45 miles from Boise.

watermock
03-06-2002, 12:40 AM
It's so cool how we can run around in G-Strings and Thongs here!  :moon:

Sassy
03-07-2002, 07:22 PM
It's so cool how we can run around in G-Strings and Thongs here!  :moon:

You wish, Mock! LOL LOL LOL

Sassy
03-07-2002, 07:24 PM
Hi Blue,

Long time no chat, my EGIBS!  How have you been.  I feel like we've been ignoring you by using the "chat" feature on this board.  How come it doesn't work with WEBTV?  

NDGal

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 09:34 PM
Hi, ND... life's going really well, but busy. How's life been treating you?

I thought about you today as I was looking through my new JoAnn's fabrics sale flyer... they have a lot of scrapbooking supplies on sale this month.

Webtv... <sigh>.... it just doesn't seem to like the new upgrade. It's stuck on "reloading" the Index page again, so it's a good thing I saved the main message board page or I would have problems accessing the board at all... and page loading can take more than 2 minutes per thread...
with the Chat feature, I think it has something to do with the Javascript, but I'm not computer-literate enough to know exactly why or how to make any adjustments... :shrug:

Oh, well... at least I can still get here even if it is slow... :D

gudgref
03-07-2002, 09:36 PM
Hi, Blue!  I'm glad you can still visit with us, even if it is slowly! :-/

Sassy
03-07-2002, 09:39 PM
:awww: Not good.  Is there anything TJ can do on his part.  I asked  him in the chat room the other night and he said he'd try...whatever that means.  I don't know much about that stuff either.  

I'm having a few computer dilemas, but nothing like that.  Philly kept trying to email me a new pic of Nicholas and it kept getting sent back and saying not deliverable to...and then it would add "hotmail" to my address and that's not right....weird.

It looks like we're adding a "GUS" thread to the board again! LOL

...to go along with the :bang: "bash Brian thread"...(It will exist eventually!)

gudgref
03-07-2002, 09:51 PM
And we all know how much you LOVE threads on Bubby, ND... ;D

I think the "What would John Elway do?" thread has turned into the bashing Brian thread already.

How are the munchkins at work?

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 09:55 PM
Hi, Gudgref! How have things been going for you?

I think TJ has a friend who is a bit more knowledgeable about Webtv that may have some helpful ideas. And he mentioned a possible portal to the old message board, which I have to admit, I'd use because it was a lot faster-loading. A new PC would be nice, but just isn't in my budget right now... :giggle:

gudgref
03-07-2002, 09:58 PM
I totally agree on the budget thing!  I just bought some new furniture, and that was a major financial endeavor, let me tell you.

I hope TJ can find a way to get you on the chat room!

Life's crazy for me.  But when is it not crazy for anyone?

How are you?

Sassy
03-07-2002, 09:59 PM
The munchkins have been ok...actually, I would say a little on the "needy" side, but we've had a lot of sick kids, so I guess they have a right to be.

Yeah, Errand is pretty good at starting those "bash Brian" threads.  LOL

I just think Gus is an idiot...that's all. :crazy:

We hope TJ can get you in the chat room, too!

What kind of furniture did you buy, Gudgef?  I've been  in my house for a little over 2 years and my spare room is still empty...(well, ok, except for a few unpacked boxes!} LOL

I have also had my computer on the floor since I bought it over a year ago.  I still can't find what I want at a good price! :awww:

gudgref
03-07-2002, 10:00 PM
I'm not trying to cut off my part of the conversation, but it's time for ER.  I'll be back in an hour!

Sassy
03-07-2002, 10:04 PM
I'm not trying to cut off my part of the conversation, but it's time for ER.  I'll be back in an hour!
Don't tell us what happens!  All of our Thursday night programs will be on late Sunday night....due to ND State Class A basketball :awww:

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 10:04 PM
Things are going really well here... if it would ever quit snowing... I'm getting so tired of the white stuff. We've had snow on the ground since early November and every time it melts enough to show a bit of bare ground or even grass trying to grow, it snows at least another couple of inches. :pfbbt:

"Baby Blue" is growing so much... she can roll over and tries to crawl... she'll be 5 months old in 2 more days. :-)

Sassy
03-07-2002, 10:15 PM
It's been snowing here the last couple of days.  We've probably gotten about 4 inches...which is too much considering the ground has been really bare this winter.

Baby Blue...I can't believe she'll be that old allready.  Time is sure flying....

Our JoAnn's doesn't have much for scrapbooking supplies. But the Ben Franklin, Michaels and another local store have quite a bit.  Unfortunatley, "Ben" is right down the street from my house and it has the largest selection.  I've bought quite a bit lately since I got back from Idaho.  I need to make albums for my mom and sister.  (I always seem to be last on my own list! :pfbbt: }

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 10:25 PM
Isn't that the way things always go, though... we tend to put our own stuff off for "later"... LOL

It's miserable when the kids are sick, isn't it? We've been really fortunate about that this year... none of our family has gotten the crud... (knock on wood) :giggle:

Yeah, time flies it seems... Philly's little boy must be around 10 months old now... I think his birthday is in late May... and speaking of Philly, do you know how he's been feeling? He said the other night that he had bronchitis...

Sassy
03-07-2002, 10:33 PM
I think he's been feeling better.  He was hanging out with his brother tonight..."the Seahawk" fan...and being obnoxious in the chat room.  I asked if he was A. on drugs, B. drinking C. insane or D.  all of the above?  The reply I got back was DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!  LOL

Did you ever try to make any fleece blankets?   I just got done making a "chili pepper" one for my Aunt.  It was cute...red chilis on a flourescent green.  I put a red back on it. (I bought the fleece at JoAnns')....

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 10:44 PM
I'm glad to hear that Philly's feeling better... he also said that he was going to quit smoking... I wonder how that's going... it's not an easy thing to do... ( I know because the "mere male" quit about 4 years ago).

I haven't gotten around to making the fleece blankets yet, but was thinking of making some for the twins. The chili pepper one for your Aunt sounds really cute.

Sassy
03-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Good Job by the "mere male".... :notworthy:

They have some really cute fleece at JoAnn's,  A friend of mine just had a baby and I have some really cute Noah's Ark fleece....(unless, of course, it's a girl, I have some cute teddy bears with hot pink bows...already made.)  I hope it was a boy, though, she has two girls....I haven't heard from her yet.)

Yeah, my Aunt loved it.  She likes Chili peppers, the Old Barbie dolls (she still has one of the first ones made!), Fenton glass, antiques and unfortunately, the Faders! ::) ???

gudgref
03-07-2002, 11:10 PM
Hi, again, EGIBGB's! (Did I get that right?)

ND, I'll be nice and not tell you what happened on ER - but think "Breakfast Club."

You both sound way more crafty than me.  I'm one of the only women in my family who doesn't sew.  My mom has tried, but I have no interest.  I can cross stitch, sew on an occasional button, and do minor mending.  That's it.

As for my new furniture, I bought a bedroom set. I had my old one from the time I was about 12, and I needed a dresser that my clothes actually fit in.

Sassy
03-07-2002, 11:18 PM
SEW LOL who sews, not me! (I think Blue does?)  These blankets are easy and only take a couple of hours to make...it's all cut and tie.

Hey Blue, Been  in any good arguments lately. LOL!

gudgref
03-07-2002, 11:20 PM
ND, Have you had your can opener out recently?  Because someone sure has opened a can of worms on the main board.  And, for some odd reason, someone who shall remain nameless is blaming you again.    :eek:

Sassy
03-07-2002, 11:28 PM
ND, Have you had your can opener out recently?  Because someone sure has opened a can of worms on the main board.  And, for some odd reason, someone who shall remain nameless is blaming you again.    :eek:

Actually, I think " Steve, Gus and Brian...All have had or are nursing injuries... "  

"Where's JJ?"    

"Oh yeah, and who's Husak" he was blaming me and my "cronies" which would probably be the EGIBGB! How does one get an argument out of this post:

gudgref
03-07-2002, 11:30 PM
I agree totally.  As for blaming your "cronies,"  Blue and I haven't said so much as a word that was an arguement.  

Go figure.

Sassy
03-07-2002, 11:38 PM
Good Night Ladies.  Once again, I'm up way too late :wave:

gudgref
03-07-2002, 11:39 PM
'night, ND.  Have a great day tomorrow.  IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Sassy
03-07-2002, 11:42 PM
'night, ND.  Have a great day tomorrow.  IT'S FRIDAY!!!

THANK GOD! :rainbow:

Midnight Blue
03-07-2002, 11:48 PM
'Night, ND... it's been really nice chatting with you and Gudgref tonight. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner, but my cache filled up and made the threads load even slower than usual... and even after clearing the cache, it still seems to be taking more time to load...  :gripe:

Garcia Bronco
03-08-2002, 12:16 AM
GET A PC!  :plead::idea: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Midnight Blue
03-08-2002, 01:32 AM
Even if my budget could accommodate a new PC (unfortunately, it can't :-/), I'm not certain that would completely solve everything... I'd still need to use a small-town dial-up ISP... :shrug:

Taco John
03-09-2002, 03:45 AM
Just want to let you know I haven't forgot about you Blue...  I'm still working out a solution for putting up a portal to the old version...  But there are some technical things that need to be worked out...

I don't know that the current chat board we have will ever be compatible with WebTV...  I've asked around, but have come up empty.  Most developers avoid it altogether...  They figure that the WebTV standards should come to them, rather than vice-versa...  It's one of those deals...  And since Microsoft is never going to make a lot of money on it, development on it will likely go slower than the technology in the mainstream.  

I'm not sure why you are slower with the upgrade...  From my experience, and the feedback I've been getting, everybody else seems to be pretty quick.  I've gotten some feedback that they are slower though, so it is something I'm still looking in to.  

Anyway...  Just thought I'd let you all know that I'm trying...   :-/

watermock
03-09-2002, 04:11 AM
I am not sure that just having Web TV would slow down much of the essentials of posting, but Taco is the expert.

I would dump the Web TV once your subscription runs out, it's not really compatible because it doesn't have enough memory or a hard drive.

I am sure we can dig up a computer somewhere for you that will work better than Web TV if you keep having problems.

You would be better off with a 166mmx than Web TV. ****, if you go to the trouble you can cancel AOL accounts every thirty days and rotate your credit cards. lol. You just sign up with a different CC or name or address each time. You can do it indefinetly but I don't bother. They don't care, they just want your Big Brother stats anyway.

And WTF is this with www.usatoday.com  EVEN THEY are starting to throw pop-ups out there. Banning pop-ups messes with the puter but enough is enough.

I'm still waiting for the orange bronco shoes to go onsale at orangemane.com T.J.

Anyway, go get yourself a computer, Gateway has one for only 599 with a monitor ect, it probably has AOL too. Like I say, you can rotate AOL accounts like a circus if you just place your email into hotmail.com

Midnight Blue
03-09-2002, 09:24 PM
I really appreciate your efforts on my behalf, TJ... I hope you didn't view my comments on this thread as complaints because they weren't meant that way...
yet I'd hate for people to think I'm being antisocial when it's just my subpar equipment causing the problem.  :gus:

Webtv has appeared to become a lot less concerned about customer service since their rename to msntv... and the fact that they've come out with a new internet access box they'd like to sell to their customers could possibly play a role in this... :gripe:

An upgrade to a PC is probably something I'll have to look into in the near future as new technology means I'll be finding more and more limitations on sites and information I can access... :-/

With the loading speed, pages with few responses tend to load much faster than the busier ones... it takes longest when it's near the end of a page (like 20+ replies)... and "reply" is also slow... but all prior posts on the threads are displayed below the "reply" message box... so the more replies, the longer it takes for "reply" to load... (perhaps that info may help in finding the problem)

Again, thanks for all you've done to try to solve the problems, TJ... and as long as I can still access the board and post, it's all good... :D

Taco John
03-10-2002, 01:02 AM
Well...  te begin with, I'm going to knock the posting pages from 30 to 20...  That should help out our friends with the lower bandwidth a little...  I seperated the smilies onto another page...  That'll help on the reply pages...

I'll keep plugging away at the little things like that to help you and others out who don't have the cable access that I have...

:cheers:

Midnight Blue
03-10-2002, 01:27 AM
:kiss: :thumbsup:  :cheers:

Thanks, TJ... you're the best!!!

Taco John
03-15-2002, 03:53 PM
I should change the name of this thread to the ghost town...   ???

Midnight Blue
03-15-2002, 04:48 PM
I should change the name of this thread to the ghost town...   ???

Yeah, not much is going on right now... the "offseason blahs", I suppose.

Neither Abra nor Bella has been around for a while... I hope all is well with them and their family members who are facing health problems...

Sassy
03-15-2002, 07:45 PM
Hello Blue...How are you this evening.  TJ is right about this being a ghost town around here. Anything fun going on in your part of the world tonight.  Not much going on here.  I'm bored.... :P I'm watching the State BB tournament. (and putting off doing my taxes! :gus: )

I hope Abra and Bella are well, also.  I was thinking the same thing about them not being around lately..

Midnight Blue
03-15-2002, 11:08 PM
Hi, ND... yeah, we've really been neglecting "our" thread lately. :D

There hasn't been much of interest going on lately with the lack of Bronco news and the rather sluggish free agency. This year seems strange after all the free agent signings last year. Now, despite having a fair number of free agents visiting, very few of them seem to be panning out... and even the ones we're able to sign appear ambivalent about playing here (a la Killens). What's up with that? ???

A lot of people around here were very excited over the Gonzaga Bulldogs being in the NCAA playoffs... the seeding of the team at #6 was very controversial and there's a lot of disappointment since they lost yesterday... :-/

Most of our snow has melted off now (although we did get another inch of new snow today). Mr. Blue and our oldest son are looking forward to the weather improving enough to play some rounds of golf... and the twins will probably start learning to play the game this year, too, but right now, they're more anxious for the start of fishing season. I'll just be happy to see some green grass instead of snow and mud... :giggle:

watermock
03-16-2002, 02:33 AM
Hi, just came by to "mark" my territory.

"pees on N.D.'s leg".  :FIRE:

This place is one giant sand trap, the golf courses need more rain. Had to turn the air on today, supposed to hit 80 F. tommorow.

Iv'e allready put away my jeans for the year. I think it frosted three times. Brutal.

Sassy
03-16-2002, 07:25 AM
You're one sick man, mock! :pray:

alkemical
03-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey ladies....  *stops*  whew, smells like perfume or potpori or something in here...

anyway...

how would you deal with one of your bestfriends wanting to date your other bestfriends recent ex (3 months ago they broke up)......  any ideas?

Thanks

Midnight Blue
03-20-2002, 05:21 PM
Hi, Amesj... wow, that's a tough problem and the best way of handling it would probably depend on a lot of variables... such as:

a) Was it an amicable breakup?
b) Is it really "over" between Friend A and the lady in question, or is he hoping to patch things up in the future?
c) Does Friend A detest the lady and/or would being in her presence bother him, particularly seeing her "with" Friend B?
d) What do YOU think of the lady? (Do you like her and take the attitude of "Stuff Happens" over their breakup, or do you think it was her fault and would prefer to avoid her?

Maintaining neutrality in the situation is probably the best course of action, but it can be very hard to do....

alkemical
03-20-2002, 06:54 PM
Hi, Amesj... wow, that's a tough problem and the best way of handling it would probably depend on a lot of variables... such as:

a) Was it an amicable breakup?
b) Is it really "over" between Friend A and the lady in question, or is he hoping to patch things up in the future?
c) Does Friend A detest the lady and/or would being in her presence bother him, particularly seeing her "with" Friend B?
d) What do YOU think of the lady? (Do you like her and take the attitude of "Stuff Happens" over their breakup, or do you think it was her fault and would prefer to avoid her?

Maintaining neutrality in the situation is probably the best course of action, but it can be very hard to do....

A) amicable = yes to a point
B) He was hoping to patch things up, but she didn't.
C)Well yeah, he's not in her fan club now that all this happened.  And he's really upset at the other friend due to all of us were best friends - I guess it has to do with finding out people have different morales than others.  But yes it would be really uncomforatable.

D)I do not hate her, but i think i've also seen this situation before with her.  Mainly that's how her and friend A started dating, and now it's friend b...So on one hand i see her as a friend destroying machine, and on the other i see it as bad circumstances in which people meet.  I can talk to her and everything, but she doesn't like talking to me - since i'm more or less loyal to friend A.

I dunno - I just thought that best friends didn't date other best friends ex's...and it's only been 3months since the split happened.....  I don't know if i'll be on tonight to read any replies...but i will do so tomarrow..and i seriously appreciate the advice. ???

Midnight Blue
03-20-2002, 08:52 PM
It sounds like you're really in a tricky situation. You could perhaps talk to Friend B and level with him about your concerns, but the sad fact is that he may not listen to you at all... when it comes to romance, people often behave in uncharacteristic ways... advice (even the most well-intentioned is not always welcomed and he might become hostile and tell you to butt out...

In short, it's possible that nothing you can do will prevent hard feelings between your two friends... and perhaps the best course of action is to concentrate on "being there" for Friend A... listening if he needs to talk, etc. (Friend B is likely to be preoccupied with the lady and thus have less time available for his buds anyway... ) and be prepared to do the same for Friend B when and if history repeats itself... (from what you've said, that's fairly likely with the young lady in question)

Sassy
03-20-2002, 08:57 PM
Personally, I would try to stay out of it as much as possible.  Be there for both of your friends, but tell them your staying out of their love lifes'! (as long as it involves the same girl.) Just tell them that it makes you feel uncomfortable.

alkemical
03-21-2002, 11:30 AM
I very seriously appreciate the words ladies.  My friend went and talked with his ex last night.  He told her that since he can't stop it, and if she's truley happy, then he wishes them well.  He said he is going to try and play the better man, and IMO i think he did the best thing he could.  I told friend b that i think his decision is immoral and that things go in circles.  (I believe that you get what you give)

So i'm still friend with both, i told them that if either made me choose then they loose, i'm not going to play that game.  But it seems better, and i feel it will be ok.  But i did think about what both of you said, and it's pretty much on the money.... :)

Thanks!

Midnight Blue
03-21-2002, 02:48 PM
It's good that things appear to be working out at least semi-amicably, Amesj... and I must say that I admire the way "Friend A" is handling things. You can't go wrong by taking the high road. :-)

alkemical
03-22-2002, 12:43 PM
I told friend A that going this way just shows how much i think he grew too....  

Midnight Blue
04-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Wow, I'm amazed at how far down the page this thread had slipped! :o

How did your long weekend go, ND? Did you do anything exciting while your parents were visiting?

Sassy
04-01-2002, 11:12 PM
Wow, I'm amazed at how far down the page this thread had slipped! :o

How did your long weekend go, ND? Did you do anything exciting while your parents were visiting?

I had a great weekend...and my parents are still here...They may also be here tomorrow since we are in the middle of a winter storm! (no April Fool's joke here!) :'(  I'll chat more with you tomorrow night.  I need to go to bed!

Have a good night, Blue! I hope you had a great Easter Weekend! :D

Midnight Blue
04-01-2002, 11:39 PM
I had a great weekend...and my parents are still here...They may also be here tomorrow since we are in the middle of a winter storm! (no April Fool's joke here!) :'(  I'll chat more with you tomorrow night.  I need to go to bed!

Have a good night, Blue! I hope you had a great Easter Weekend! :D

You're kidding... a winter storm on April Fool's Day?? That's downright bizarre. :o

Most of our snow has melted... we only have a few berms left in shady areas... the "mere male" has been busy with the spring yard work... and practicing putting and chipping in preparation for golfing weather. He made his first visit of the year to the golf course today, so he was a happy man. :D

Have a great day tomorrow... :-)

Sassy
04-03-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey Ladies...Check this out if you get into scrapbooking!
http://www.luv2scrapbook.com/

FADERPROOF
04-05-2002, 09:46 PM
nothing to say for 2 days? Hell must be freezing over when women don't have anything to talk about. :frozen:

;D

Midnight Blue
04-06-2002, 02:24 AM
:pfbbt: :moon: :giggle: My real-life social calendar has gotten a bit busier of late...seriously interfering with my Bronco obsession...  ;D

Alkazar
04-16-2002, 12:58 PM
:pfbbt: :moon: :giggle: My real-life social calendar has gotten a bit busier of late...seriously interfering with my Bronco obsession...  ;D

You must all be seriously busy since its been 10 days since this last post... :o :o :o :D

Midnight Blue
04-20-2002, 12:38 AM
This is what I'm talkin' about!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sassy
05-11-2002, 09:58 PM
This is what I'm talkin' about!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
THAT Works for me, too ;) ;D

How's your weekend going Blue?  I thought I'd bring this back to the top!  It's almost falling off the page... :-/ :-[

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 10:10 PM
THAT Works for me, too ;) ;D

How's your weekend going Blue?  I thought I'd bring this back to the top!  It's almost falling off the page... :-/ :-[

Yeah, we've been neglecting 'our' thread and posting more on the Treehouse lately... good thing you didn't let this one slide to page 2, though. :egbgb:

My weekend is going great... it's been warm and sunny today... great weather for the mere male's golf tournament. He said his game was a bit 'off' (actually he said he sucked...;D) so he didn't win any money, but he had fun and that's what counts.

Sassy
05-11-2002, 10:15 PM
Yeah, we've been neglecting 'our' thread and posting more on the Treehouse lately... good thing you didn't let this one slide to page 2, though. :egbgb:

My weekend is going great... it's been warm and sunny today... great weather for the mere male's golf tournament. He said his game was a bit 'off' (actually he said he sucked...;D) so he didn't win any money, but he had fun and that's what counts.

Well, At least he had a good time. :-/ :)  No chance of golfing here...not that I golf LOL!  It's been raining again.  We did have a break yesterday, but it's been raining for a week straight so it's pretty muddy out.

I went out of town for awhile to see some friends and do some scrapbooking and, of course, eat! ;D

I'm trying to figure out who to pick for TJ's fantasy draft...I was thinking maybe Antwain Smith or even Brady?  What do you think...

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Maybe the weather we had earlier in the week has migrated over your way... if so, then you should be getting some nicer weather in a few days... :P

With the fantasy football, I'd pick either a QB or a RB... you could probably do worse than picking a guy like Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin... even if their teams don't do so well, they usually put up pretty solid numbers.... Antowain Smith wouldn't be a bad choice either... but Brady will probably still be around in Round 2...

Sassy
05-11-2002, 10:33 PM
Maybe the weather we had earlier in the week has migrated over your way... if so, then you should be getting some nicer weather in a few days... :P

With the fantasy football, I'd pick either a QB or a RB... you could probably do worse than picking a guy like Corey Dillon or Curtis Martin... even if their teams don't do so well, they usually put up pretty solid numbers.... Antowain Smith wouldn't be a bad choice either... but Brady will probably still be around in Round 2...
mmmmmmmmmm..........maybe Drew Bledsoe?  I was leaning towards the rb myself...Off hand, I can't even think of a rb that I want...I probably would have picked Ahman Green >:(

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Priest Holmes might not be a bad choice... from our division it's him, TD, or Ladainen Tomlinson...

Jerome Bettis may do pretty well.. Eddie George is another possibility... but they may be around in later rounds, too...

The ones who are already taken are Faulk, Edge, and Ricky Williams...

Sassy
05-11-2002, 10:53 PM
I gave TD a thought... ??? ;D Maybe, I should give him a shot ;D

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 11:04 PM
Picking TD has its risks but it could also pay off hugely...  :-)

If you decide to go with a QB, much as I like to give the Raider fans crap about him, Gannon does usually put up some numbers (how could he fail to do that with Brown and Rice, though... ). And last year's 'favorites', Culpepper, McNabb, and Brooks are still available...

Sassy
05-11-2002, 11:19 PM
Picking TD has its risks but it could also pay off hugely...  :-)

If you decide to go with a QB, much as I like to give the Raider fans crap about him, Gannon does usually put up some numbers (how could he fail to do that with Brown and Rice, though... ). And last year's 'favorites', Culpepper, McNabb, and Brooks are still available...

I thought about Culpepper, too...but he's a VIKING I just can't.... ::) :P (Then, I almost would have to cheer for Moss to catch td's ..........no!)

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 11:36 PM
LOL That's probably the only way one would ever catch you rooting for the Vikes... if your fantasy team was comprised mostly of them. ;D

This year, fantasy football is kind of hard to predict... some of last year's favorites slumped a bit last season and aren't rated so highly this year... and guys like Tom Brady, while he led the Pats to a SB win, could still be a one-hit wonder... some will be sold on him, but I'm really not convinced, which is why I went with the always-reliable Favre.... like him or not, he is pretty dependable at putting up fantasy points....

Sassy
05-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Gannon:  Who knows if he'll even be a Raider ;D or one shot from our D-Line ;D ;D and down he goes hahaha ;)

It is really hard to pick.... ??? ??? ???

Both the qb's and rb's are hard.

Midnight Blue
05-11-2002, 11:58 PM
I hear you... even some of the players who have already been picked have huge question marks... Peyton had a disappointing year and Edge is coming off the MCL tear (and subsequent surgery)... not to mention that he recently was caught 'rehabbing' the knee by playing flag football... apparently in violation of his contract.

This year could be a 'breakout' year for QB's like Vick and Brees (depending on who Marty chooses as his starter, Brees or Flutie) or perhaps even Tim Couch... who knows, Gus might even put up respectable numbers... (couldn't resist!;D )

Tomlinson, Alexander and McAllister all showed promise last season... and ones like Ron Dayne and Duce Staley could be solid... I'd forgotten Michael Pittman, who signed with Tampa... who knows how Warrick Dunn will do in Atlanta... Tiki Barber's another possibility in the later rounds....

Sassy
05-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Where is everybody ???

Midnight Blue
05-12-2002, 12:38 AM
The board does seem rather like a ghost town tonight... maybe because it's Saturday night and people have other stuff to do... as the weather gets nicer, real-life social calendars begin to fill up... :D

Sassy
05-12-2002, 10:35 PM
TJ seems to be giving me a little shiat for picking TD so early...Maybe, I'll get lucky! ;D

Hello Blue...How was your Mom's Day?  Did you get to see Baby Blue today?

Midnight Blue
05-12-2002, 11:07 PM
TJ seems to be giving me a little shiat for picking TD so early...Maybe, I'll get lucky! ;D

Hello Blue...How was your Mom's Day?  Did you get to see Baby Blue today?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained... ;D

I've had a pretty good Mother's Day... we went and visited my Mom and I had all 6 of my kids with me for a while... unfortunately, I didn't get to see Baby Blue, though... the kids had just gotten sad news this morning that my son's wife's grandfather passed away, so she understandably didn't feel like socializing... :'(  I'll be seeing her later this week, though.

Sassy
05-13-2002, 12:20 AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained... ;D

I've had a pretty good Mother's Day... we went and visited my Mom and I had all 6 of my kids with me for a while... unfortunately, I didn't get to see Baby Blue, though... the kids had just gotten sad news this morning that my son's wife's grandfather passed away, so she understandably didn't feel like socializing... :'(  I'll be seeing her later this week, though.

That's too bad about your daughter in laws Grandfather...and it's always worse when it's on a holiday... :'(  

I had a pretty good weekend...even though I didn't get to see my parents....(They are at my sister's in Washington.)  I did call them and my Grandma though.  My Grandma is always great to talk too...She's in her 80's and still lives on her own.  We got a great "Gardening" conversation going...I was looking up different flowers/nurseries for her on the net....

I also found out my sister is coming home the end of July...time to ask for some vacation!

...and my dad invited the whole family to get together for a trip.....TO THE BAHAMAS! ;D (yep, I'm spoiled!) ;D

Midnight Blue
05-13-2002, 12:53 AM
That's too bad about your daughter in laws Grandfather...and it's always worse when it's on a holiday... :'(  

It will make Mother's Day a bittersweet holiday for her from now on, I expect... while he had been in very poor health and it wasn't unexpected, she will always remember that it happened on the first Mother's Day after she became a Mom... :'(

I had a pretty good weekend...even though I didn't get to see my parents....(They are at my sister's in Washington.)  I did call them and my Grandma though.  My Grandma is always great to talk too...She's in her 80's and still lives on her own.  We got a great "Gardening" conversation going...I was looking up different flowers/nurseries for her on the net....

I also found out my sister is coming home the end of July...time to ask for some vacation!

...and my dad invited the whole family to get together for a trip.....TO THE BAHAMAS! ;D (yep, I'm spoiled!) ;D

Does your Grandma live close to you so that you can visit often?

It sounds like you will be getting some quality time with your family this summer! :-) When is your trip to the Bahamas scheduled?

Sassy
05-13-2002, 01:06 PM
It will make Mother's Day a bittersweet holiday for her from now on, I expect... while he had been in very poor health and it wasn't unexpected, she will always remember that it happened on the first Mother's Day after she became a Mom... :'(

I tried to post more last night, Blue, but I kept getting kicked off every time.  So, here goes....

My Grandma lives in Montana...about a 6 1/2 hour drive from here so I don't see her that often.  I wish I could see her more.  I do take a long weekend during the summer and go out and see her and she has made the trip here with mom and dad to see me.  I get to see her mostly when I go home.  

Does your Grandma live close to you so that you can visit often?

It sounds like you will be getting some quality time with your family this summer! :-) When is your trip to the Bahamas scheduled?

We haven't scheduled the trip yet.  Dad just told me last night that my sisters and I need to decide on a time.  I'm not sure what Island he has in mind either.  He couldn't recall which one it was.  My sister doesn't want to take her kids with us, though! ;) ;D It should be fun.  We haven't had all the family on a trip since I was a senior in high school and we went to Hawaii.

I'll be back later.  I need to head back to work.  Have a great afternoon! :D

Midnight Blue
05-13-2002, 01:18 PM
We haven't scheduled the trip yet.  Dad just told me last night that my sisters and I need to decide on a time.  I'm not sure what Island he has in mind either.  He couldn't recall which one it was.  My sister doesn't want to take her kids with us, though! ;) ;D It should be fun.  We haven't had all the family on a trip since I was a senior in high school and we went to Hawaii.

It's still in the 'planning stages', then... :-)

We were planning to go on a vacation with my sister and her family in July, and had our plans pretty much made, but then found out that the 'mere male' isn't going to be able to get the time off... (they're short-handed at his office, so no one gets much time off... and most even get quite a lot of overtime). It's disappointing because we were really looking forward to the trip. :-/

There's a good article on the DPO today regarding athletes and freak accidents... it kind of puts Brian's fall into perspective. :)

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E86%257E607854%257E,00.html

Alkazar
05-13-2002, 02:34 PM
I think Errand desperately needs to see that article...... ::)

Midnight Blue
05-13-2002, 03:41 PM
I think Errand desperately needs to see that article...... ::)

He says he doesn't normally read the DPO... perhaps I should post the link on the main board... ;D

Alkazar
05-13-2002, 04:14 PM
If I know Errand he'll read it, then say "Yeah, but Griese is different because ________(insert some reason to bash Brian). ;D

Midnight Blue
05-13-2002, 05:47 PM
If I know Errand he'll read it, then say "Yeah, but Griese is different because ________(insert some reason to bash Brian). ;D

LOL Yeah, no doubt he'll say the article is trying to 'exonerate' Brian by saying others have had accidents too... ::)

Sassy
05-17-2002, 11:34 PM
I think I like Girl Talk and the Treehouse in off-topics better...they keep sliding down further and further :-/ :'(

Midnight Blue
05-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Yeah, there's enough activity on the main board that it doesn't take long to push even the more popular "off topics" to page 2... which makes it more difficult to find them when we want to chat (and not disrupt the other threads! ;D)

Sassy
05-19-2002, 06:45 PM
Hello Blue....:wave

How was your weekend? :)

8) Cool...the song "I Hope You Had The Time Of Your Life" is playing....reminds me of Superbowl 32. (weird, huh).  I think they played it and showed Elway hoisting the trophy is a highlight video I have...anyway....) ;D

Midnight Blue
05-19-2002, 06:56 PM
Hi, ND! :wave:

I've had a really nice weekend... the kids and Baby Blue were here two days in a row (:D) and we also went to some friends' house for a barbecue... since 'by definition', this requires the drinking of a few beers (;D) we did that, too... <impish grin>. I made it down our friends' driveway... and ours as well... without tripping and injuring myself, though... not even over one of the dogs! Amazing! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sassy
05-19-2002, 07:08 PM
Hi, ND! :wave:

I've had a really nice weekend... the kids and Baby Blue were here two days in a row (:D) and we also went to some friends' house for a barbecue... since 'by definition', this requires the drinking of a few beers (;D) we did that, too... <impish grin>. I made it down our friends' driveway... and ours as well... without tripping and injuring myself, though... not even over one of the dogs! Amazing! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a great time! (and I'm glad you didn't have any "driveway" or "dog-tripping" injuries! LOL!  

I had a good weekend, too.  A friend and I went to some garage sales...they had them all over town this weekend! We spent about 4 hours out and about.  

Then, I planted some Dahlias on the little side patch by my steps.  I started cleaning out the "big Patch of dirt" but I'm not done yet.  That's what I get for not cleaning it out last fall.  Grass has grown into my garden and I need to dig it all out.  Who would have thought grass had such long roots ::) >:(  When that gets cleaned out, I'm planting Lily of the Valley, Freesia, Glads and Iris' :D  My Tiger lilies, Peony, Pocantella and Hydrangea are allready starting to grow.  Unfortunately, my roses are starting slow and my daisies seem to have died over the winter. (I love flowers!) ;)

Of course, this required a trip to Home Depot (my checkbook hates that store! >:( )

....and I ran out of time to paint...the weekend always seems to short ....I run out of time for everything I want to get done!

Midnight Blue
05-19-2002, 07:30 PM
Sounds like a great time! (and I'm glad you didn't have any "driveway" or "dog-tripping" injuries! LOL!  

I had a good weekend, too.  A friend and I went to some garage sales...they had them all over town this weekend! We spent about 4 hours out and about.  

Then, I planted some Dahlias on the little side patch by my steps.  I started cleaning out the "big Patch of dirt" but I'm not done yet.  That's what I get for not cleaning it out last fall.  Grass has grown into my garden and I need to dig it all out.  Who would have thought grass had such long roots ::) >:(  When that gets cleaned out, I'm planting Lily of the Valley, Freesia, Glads and Iris' :D  My Tiger lilies, Peony, Pocantella and Hydrangea are allready starting to grow.  Unfortunately, my roses are starting slow and my daisies seem to have died over the winter. (I love flowers!) ;)

Of course, this required a trip to Home Depot (my checkbook hates that store! >:( )

....and I ran out of time to paint...the weekend always seems to short ....I run out of time for everything I want to get done!

Isn't that some sort of unwritten rule... that every project requires at least one trip to the store for supplies... and usually more than one!

Did you find any good deals at the garage sales?

My flowers have all seemed to survive the winter... as did most of our trees... but the cooler spring has seemed to delay the normal cycle of budding and blooming on my lilacs, irises and wild roses...but the syringas are in bloom... as well as our apple and plum trees...so at least we do have a few flowers out. (and there are still a few dandelions in the yard! My boys will probably bring me another bouquet soon! :D)

Do you know anything about wild ducks? My kids just found a baby duck in our garage... how it got there is a huge mystery, but Mama Duck is nowhere to be found and it would die if we released it ouside on its own... (probably will anyway because it's little...:-/ ) Keeping it seems like its only slim chance of survival... ???

Sassy
05-19-2002, 07:51 PM
:P

Isn't that some sort of unwritten rule... that every project requires at least one trip to the store for supplies... and usually more than one!

Did you find any good deals at the garage sales?

My flowers have all seemed to survive the winter... as did most of our trees... but the cooler spring has seemed to delay the normal cycle of budding and blooming on my lilacs, irises and wild roses...but the syringas are in bloom... as well as our apple and plum trees...so at least we do have a few flowers out. (and there are still a few dandelions in the yard! My boys will probably bring me another bouquet soon! :D)

Do you know anything about wild ducks? My kids just found a baby duck in our garage... how it got there is a huge mystery, but Mama Duck is nowhere to be found and it would die if we released it ouside on its own... (probably will anyway because it's little...:-/ ) Keeping it seems like its only slim chance of survival... ???

Sounds like you love flowers, too! :D I bought some gorgeous daisies this weekend,too.  They're called Gerbera Daisies and they were red, hot pink and yellow.

I wasn't really looking for anything in particular.  I found a few children's videos' (Musical sing-a-longs with Barney, which I can't stand, but the kids love!  ::) and Sesame street and some magnetic alphabet letters for the Toddler Group that I have.  

I'd look for info on the duck on the internet...No, I don't know anything ??? about them.  I bet your kids just love the duck!

haha  (at least 2 trips! ...yeah, I went to home depot and then I broke my kitchen shears using them to cut down my roses....so, I made ANOTHER trip to the hardware store  for a pair of pruning shears...That's what I get for trying to make due with what I have! :o

Midnight Blue
05-19-2002, 08:35 PM
:P

Sounds like you love flowers, too! :D I bought some gorgeous daisies this weekend,too.  They're called Gerbera Daisies and they were red, hot pink and yellow.

I wasn't really looking for anything in particular.  I found a few children's videos' (Musical sing-a-longs with Barney, which I can't stand, but the kids love!  ::) and Sesame street and some magnetic alphabet letters for the Toddler Group that I have.  

I'd look for info on the duck on the internet...No, I don't know anything ??? about them.  I bet your kids just love the duck!

haha  (at least 2 trips! ...yeah, I went to home depot and then I broke my kitchen shears using them to cut down my roses....so, I made ANOTHER trip to the hardware store  for a pair of pruning shears...That's what I get for trying to make due with what I have! :o

I do love flowers.... my favorite time of the year is early June when the wild roses bloom. We have a lot of wild roses growing in our yard... and would have even more if the 'mere male' didn't cut down a lot of them with the lawn mower... but then the roses would take over the lawn, too... :-)

The kids do love the duck... but I'm dreading the inevitable tears that will ensue if it dies... :-/
I did an online search for 'ducks' but found very little information on what to do if you find one... so what I ended up doing was emailing a guy whose addy was on a wildlife conservation webpage... hopefully he'll get back to me to let me know what I need to do. I'm surprised that the little thing made it past the dogs and cats... it's very young, but seems completely unharmed....:o :o

Sassy
05-19-2002, 08:52 PM
http://www.duckhealth.com/images/title2.JPG

I'm not sure if this will help, but it says it answers questions, too.  Good Luck with the duck!

Any new pics of Baby Blue? ;) :D

Midnight Blue
05-19-2002, 09:03 PM
http://www.duckhealth.com/images/title2.JPG

I'm not sure if this will help, but it says it answers questions, too.  Good Luck with the duck!

Any new pics of Baby Blue? ;) :D

Thanks for the link... I'll check it out... it is a very cute little duckling, so I hope we can do something to help it survive.

I have taken quite a bit of video footage of Baby Blue and just need to get the pics uploaded to my webpage... she is a darling! Did I tell you that she can sit up by herself now... and she's also crawling all over the place. :D

Sassy
05-20-2002, 12:33 AM
Proud Grandma in the house ;D ;) I'd love to see a pic when you get them on your web page.

If your kids like stickers, you should check this out!

http://www.stickerplanet.com/images/navbar/logo.gif

I just spent quite awhile checking out this site for my scrapbooks.  There is a shipping charge, but I've compared prices and they are a lot cheaper than getting them in the store! :)

Midnight Blue
05-21-2002, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the link, ND... I'll check it out. My girls used to be into stickers more a couple of years ago than they are now, but there still might be something they'd like. And I'm sure the twins would love some stickers...

I should be able to get some pics uploaded later this week... I'll let you know. :-)

As an update on the duckling, he's still alive and doing pretty well. We've been feeding him cream of wheat, bread, crackers, and dandelion greens... and giving him plenty of water, and so far, it's working well. I think he just may be going to make it... :D

Sassy
05-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Here's the destination, Blue :D
Very nice 8)

http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-home01.jpg
http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-home02.jpg

Midnight Blue
05-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Awesome, ND.. looks like a great place to relax on the beach with a piña colada... :-)

My baby duck is still alive and doing OK... he seems to think I'm his mom and wants to be held (and kept warm) all the time... :P

So how has your week been going?

Sassy
05-22-2002, 10:08 PM
http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-home04.jpg
http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-home07.jpg
http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-home08.jpg

One of the Restaurants...

http://www.beaches.com/images/tu-dining03.jpg

This might be the best part!
http://www.beaches.com/spa.cfm# (Some of it's not too expensive...)

Sassy
05-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Glad to hear the little duck is still doing ok, "mama" Blue!  ;)

My week has been really hectic...I'm not sure why...Probably just the nature of a TODDLER ;D

How about you?

Midnight Blue
05-22-2002, 10:31 PM
I can totally relate about the nature of toddlers... I've dealt with a few of those.... although not more than two at a time. It must be really difficult some days when more than one is "out of sorts"...

My week has been going pretty well... and tomorrow I'm planning to go and visit Baby Blue again. :D Hopefully the rain we've had for the last 3 days will stop... but the forecast calls for showers to continue through the Memorial Day weekend. :-/

Sassy
05-22-2002, 10:36 PM
I can totally relate about the nature of toddlers... I've dealt with a few of those.... although not more than two at a time. It must be really difficult some days when more than one is "out of sorts"...

My week has been going pretty well... and tomorrow I'm planning to go and visit Baby Blue again. :D Hopefully the rain we've had for the last 3 days will stop... but the forecast calls for showers to continue through the Memorial Day weekend. :-/
Has it been raining quite a bit, then?  It's been really windy here and not very nice...It's supposed to be nice by Sunday, though.  I  might go home for the weekend...a friend was wondering if I wanted to ride home with her and her kids. (Her mom lives in the same town as my parents.) but I'll see my parents the next weekend as we are meeting for a car show and then I hope to go home with them for a couple of days to do some fishing.

Do you get to spend the whole weekend with Baby Blue :D

Midnight Blue
05-22-2002, 11:00 PM
Has it been raining quite a bit, then?  It's been really windy here and not very nice...It's supposed to be nice by Sunday, though.  I  might go home for the weekend...a friend was wondering if I wanted to ride home with her and her kids. (Her mom lives in the same town as my parents.) but I'll see my parents the next weekend as we are meeting for a car show and then I hope to go home with them for a couple of days to do some fishing.

Do you get to spend the whole weekend with Baby Blue :D

The weather has been really dismal and gloomy since about last Friday. Mr. Blue went golfing anyway that day, but got rained out... and he hasn't even tried it this week.

Going to visit your parents sounds like a good way to spend the long weekend, especially when you can get a free ride home! You'll have to tell me all about the car show. :-)

I'm not sure what the kids have planned for the weekend, so for now, I'm only counting on seeing Baby Blue tomorrow...

Sassy
05-22-2002, 11:09 PM
The Car Show is a pretty big one...I've heard they have over 300 cars entered....and they have lots of food and music :)

I'm hoping dad brings the T-Bird so I can cruise around in it. ;D

Midnight Blue
05-22-2002, 11:18 PM
Oh, yeah... cruising around town in a nice classic car is a lot of fun... especially during car shows and such.... and the way you've described it, your Dad's T-Bird is a real head-turner... :-)

Sassy
05-22-2002, 11:30 PM
It should be fun.  Other than my parents, some friends of mine from here will be there and my co-worker and her husband are going....(her family is from there). :D One of my classmates and her family live there, too.

...and my Dad turn's "65" on the 3rd :D

Have you taken your "baby" out much this spring?  It's probably not that much fun to drive it in the rain, though ???

Rain and wind headed our way tomorrow...(I'm watching the news...) THANKS BLUE! JK LOL!

Midnight Blue
05-23-2002, 08:05 PM
It should be fun.  Other than my parents, some friends of mine from here will be there and my co-worker and her husband are going....(her family is from there). :D One of my classmates and her family live there, too.

...and my Dad turn's "65" on the 3rd :D

Have you taken your "baby" out much this spring?  It's probably not that much fun to drive it in the rain, though ???

Rain and wind headed our way tomorrow...(I'm watching the news...) THANKS BLUE! JK LOL!

Sorry to have had our chat interrupted last night... my local ISP had some issues with their fiber-optic lines and it knocked all the customers off-line... they didn't get it repaired till this afternoon... ::)

It's wonderful that you will be able to celebrate your Dad's birthday in such a fun way... :-)

I haven't had the old Chevy out on the road since last fall... we just changed the oil and should check the points and plugs before taking it out much... it sounds like it's missing on one cylinder and I suspect that maybe a plug is fouled or a plug wire is loose...  but she starts right up, so the points seem OK.

Sorry to hear that you're going to be getting the wet, miserable weather just in time for the holiday weekend... :-/

Sassy
05-23-2002, 11:38 PM
Hi Blue...I was wondering where you disappeared to last night.  ISP's are frustrating at times! ???

I've decided not to go to my parents this weekend, since I'll see them on Friday.  I had planned on getting a bunch of stuff done here. (Like use that paint that I bought 3 weeks ago...and I really need to be "domestic" and clean my house before I leave on Friday.) :P

Our weather was cold and windy today (about 45) but it's supposed to be in the 70's all weekend. (With an occassional late night thunderstorm.)  I hope they're right! :D

Midnight Blue
05-24-2002, 01:04 AM
The long weekend is an excellent time to start on the projects you have planned. :-)

My plans changed today, too... I wasn't able to see Baby Blue after all because the kids have come down with some kind of nasty virus giving them a sore throat and sinus congestion (it's been going around lately). :-/ Hopefully, it won't last too long... I hate it when they're feeling miserable.  

Sassy
05-25-2002, 11:39 PM
The long weekend is an excellent time to start on the projects you have planned. :-)

My plans changed today, too... I wasn't able to see Baby Blue after all because the kids have come down with some kind of nasty virus giving them a sore throat and sinus congestion (it's been going around lately). :-/ Hopefully, it won't last too long... I hate it when they're feeling miserable.  
Hello Blue...

How's are your kids feeling? Better, I hope....and how's the newest member of the family? (the duck...does it have a name?)

Everybody must have had plans this weekend.  This board is as quiet as I've seen it in a long time.

Not much going on here.  It was fairly nice but cloudy, today.
It's supposed to be in the 70's and 80's for the next week, though :D (Time to get out to the garden, tomorrow :) )

Mom just told me they are taking the GTO to the carshow :-/  I was hoping it was the t-bird :(  Oh well.

Midnight Blue
05-26-2002, 12:33 AM
Hello Blue...

How's are your kids feeling? Better, I hope....and how's the newest member of the family? (the duck...does it have a name?)

Everybody must have had plans this weekend.  This board is as quiet as I've seen it in a long time.

Not much going on here.  It was fairly nice but cloudy, today.
It's supposed to be in the 70's and 80's for the next week, though :D (Time to get out to the garden, tomorrow :) )

Mom just told me they are taking the GTO to the carshow :-/  I was hoping it was the t-bird :(  Oh well.

Hi, ND! The kids seem to be feeling better, but the 'mere male' caught the crud too... and he's been feeling miserable for the past two days. :-/

The duck is still doing just great.. I found that he really likes a certain type of goldfish food in addition to corn meal, cream of wheat, bread crumbs, and crushed crackers. We call him "Lucky Duck"... because he certainly was lucky all the way around...that he was spotted by my son before becoming lunch for one of the dogs or cats... and also that he was found before he got too cold.

Wow... your weather is supposed to be a lot warmer than ours if it's going to be in the 70's and 80's...  you're right that it would be perfect weather for gardening. :-)

It's disappointing that your parents are bringing the GTO instead of the T-Bird... but the GTO is pretty sweet, too, isn't it?

Sassy
05-26-2002, 12:41 AM
"Lucky" , I like that! :)

I suppose being sick isn't keeping the "mere male" from golfing?

Yeah, the GTO is pretty sweet, too, but I like the T-Bird better!

What's your weather been like today?  Is it still raining :-/

What else have you been up to? :) I've been trying to get a photo album finished for my mom, so I can take it with me this weekend...(and checking out the neighbors next door, earlier they were having a "bachelor" party ;) ;D

Midnight Blue
05-26-2002, 01:08 AM
"Lucky" , I like that! :)

I suppose being sick isn't keeping the "mere male" from golfing?

Yeah, the GTO is pretty sweet, too, but I like the T-Bird better!

What's your weather been like today?  Is it still raining :-/

What else have you been up to? :) I've been trying to get a photo album finished for my mom, so I can take it with me this weekend...(and checking out the neighbors next door, earlier they were having a "bachelor" party ;) ;D

Actually between the rainy weather and feeling miserable, the mere male hasn't been on the golf course for more than a week... a fact that greatly displeases him.

It's been cloudy, if not raining outright, with temps in the 50's most of the week... typical Memorial Day weather for this area... :pfbbt:

We've had company yesterday and today...my parents, the kids and Baby Blue, and a friend of mine... it's been a nice holiday weekend so far. :D (my ailing hubby has been watching sports... from golf to basketball to baseball while nursing his cold) ;D

Sassy
05-26-2002, 01:29 AM
Tell Mr. Blue, I hope he feels better :P Too bad about the weather and the golf! :'(  Did he get a chance to see the Celtics come back and win their game?  That was unreal!

I think we've had about the same weather as you have, minus the rain until today...It sure doesn't seem like the beginning of summer.

Midnight Blue
05-26-2002, 01:42 AM
Tell Mr. Blue, I hope he feels better :P Too bad about the weather and the golf! :'(  Did he get a chance to see the Celtics come back and win their game?  That was unreal!

I think we've had about the same weather as you have, minus the rain until today...It sure doesn't seem like the beginning of summer.

Mr. Blue appreciates the sympathy. :) Yeah, he did watch the basketball game... he thought it was great that the Celtics came back from being behind so many points and won...

A couple of weeks ago, we had a freak snowstorm that forced schools to close in one little town... they got 19" of snow in May! Talk about unusual weather... when you get a 'snow day' less than 3 weeks before summer break begins... :o Hopefully things will normalize soon...

My lilac bush looks like it's going to be loaded with blossoms... even if they will be at least a week later than usual. I haven't seen any buds on my roses or irises yet, though... :-/

Sassy
05-26-2002, 02:36 AM
We had snow in parts of Montana and ND, too :P

My mom has lilacs bordering their backyard and none of them have bloomed yet, either ???  Usually their all out by this time of year.

Nice chatting with you...I'm out for the night. :D

watermock
05-27-2002, 01:37 AM
What year goat is it? I had a 69 Lemans with a short-block 400 in it around 1977. That car was wicked fast.

A buddy of mine borrowed it and sideswiped some parked cars while on qualudes, and the car went on to a career on the dirt tracks in Jackson and Fairmont Minnesota. Sure wish I had it back, it made my 5.0 (85 McClaren Capri) feel like a moped.

What year is the T-Bird?

I am a big Lemans/GTO/Cutlass/Skylark fan. (1965-72)

I really would like to have a 69 Judge GTO (I'm not sure whether those had the 400 or 426 or 455) someday. That car was so LOUD with the orange paint and spoiler. Talk about a broncomobile! That short-block 400 ran like a raped ape, but they didn't last long cause the waterjackets couldn't cool the heads (the bore was so big that the heads would overheat)

I think the Judge had the 400. The short block was alot lighter than the rat engine so it was alot quicker/lighter

Sassy
05-27-2002, 01:45 AM
The T-Bird is 1956...Candy Apple red with white leather and a white hardtop.

The GHOST is 1970....that baby can fly! ;D

He also has a metallic blue 1965 Caddy.

watermock
05-27-2002, 01:46 AM
Tell me more, I am salivating. color, motor ect!! Does it have the hurst in it?

Is it a true GTO or a LeMans?

Sassy
05-27-2002, 01:49 AM
It's kinda of a metallic gold/silver color??? Anyway, I don't know about the motor, but I can find out. All I know is that it has guts, baby! ;D I'll check out the details next weekend.  My parents are taking it to a car show.

I think it's a true GTO.

Sassy
05-27-2002, 01:55 AM
Mock, Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9061/

Click on Member's Page...and then
go to Dennis's Page...

watermock
05-27-2002, 01:55 AM
Darn, wrong color, but thats ok, my 69 was that gold/silver color. The bucket seats ect. I could just kick myself that I let that car go, I had a 72 Cutlass salon, Gold with the White top with white velour interior too.

I sunk the frame that sucker showing off (jumped it by accident). Knocked it down so bad that the fan was rubbing on the shroud, (knocked the camber all up on it).

I went thru alot of cars when I was young, but my dad just kept buying me more....I miss that guy.

Sassy
05-27-2002, 01:58 AM
Mock, Try the link and let me know if it works.  I tried to get it to work to show Blue the cars, but we couldn't get it to work.???

watermock
05-27-2002, 01:59 AM
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9061/dennisgto.jpg

Not quite the right color, but a beauty.  ;D

watermock
05-27-2002, 02:01 AM
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9061/denniscad.jpg

watermock
05-27-2002, 02:02 AM
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9061/dennistbird2.jpg

Sassy
05-27-2002, 02:04 AM

Not quite the right color, but a beauty.  ;D

???

What do you think of the bird and the caddy?

Sassy
05-27-2002, 02:06 AM
Last time I tried, I couldn't get the pics to stay on the board...damn geocities!
But I can see the pics now, hopefully Blue will get to see the cars.

watermock
05-27-2002, 02:08 AM
The caddy is a coupe deville. They ran that same frame thru 1977.

My dad had a 1977 4 door hardtop in burgundy. It was the nicest car I have ever been in. It had some monster engine, a 501 or something. He let me drive it on prom night. He let me do anything actually. I am still amazed about my late dad. Its not like I didn't have a 72 Cutlass Salon to drive.

That GTO is sweet, but I think I still like the Cutlass stying better.

Sassy
05-27-2002, 02:22 AM
Your dad sounds like he was a very cool guy...how long has he been gone? :'( :-/

Check your pm's....
Later Mock...I need to get some sleep.  Have A Great Memorial Day! :D

watermock
05-27-2002, 02:53 AM
http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_3c481390ee081156826ce6e16f/i-1.JPG

Here is the one mock wants: ORANGE

watermock
05-27-2002, 02:57 AM
now you have me on ebay looking at them.

http://www.bobadamsmotorsports.com/ebaypics/69gtojudge/69gtojudge1.jpg

Check this Judge out, this one isn't original, but its got all the bells and whistles. It's a nice one, but not a true collectors edition.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1831553867

watermock
05-27-2002, 03:14 AM
I had one of these growing up. I could just shoot myself. Mine was gold with white fabric interior.  :-[http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_3a75679aede465c49a54ed3d19/i-1_B_L.JPG

Other than that its a perfect match, right down to the rally wheels, mine were gold.

Sassy
05-27-2002, 04:44 PM
This has now turned into a classic car/muscle car thread, thanks to Mock ;D ;)

I found a neat website on inspirational stories/quotes...(Gudgref, I thought these would be great to add to scrapbooks!)

http://crumpledpapers.com/inspire/

Deltha24
05-27-2002, 05:54 PM
girl talk?? why teens feel spiritually empty??? <--- hahahahaha

lmao, what has this board come to... sad story all around...

i'll stick to broncosfreak for football news, i'll stop by here when i need some good girl talk, Or when me or my wife feel spiritually empty....

whatta joke

Sassy
05-27-2002, 05:57 PM
If you don't like it, don't read it!  It's the off-season for pete's sake!  What a jerk! (Besides, Girl talk is usually in off-topics and TJ just put all the topics together until off-season is over... ::) :P :gripe:

I suppose next you'll want all the ladies kicked off the board :pfbbt: :sigh: :gus: :stupid:

Midnight Blue
05-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Yikes... looks like somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... :o ;D :giggle:

Chill, D24... I'm sure TJ will move these threads back to "Off Topics" as soon as we get more Bronco news to discuss. :D

Sassy
05-27-2002, 06:31 PM
If you don't like it, don't read it!  It's the off-season for pete's sake!  What a jerk! (Besides, Girl talk is usually in off-topics and TJ just put all the topics together until off-season is over... ::) :P :gripe:

I suppose next you'll want all the ladies kicked off the board :pfbbt: :sigh: :gus: :stupid:
Yikes!  I'm sounding just as bad....'tis the off-season :-X :-/ ;)

Midnight Blue
05-27-2002, 06:41 PM
The offseason certainly does seem endless at times, doesn't it? :D

And to make matters worse, there isn't even any news... on the DPO, RMN, ESPN or anywhere... <sigh>

Of course, if the news story was to be something like TD getting another knee scope or Brian falling down, then maybe no news is good news... ::) :pfbbt:

Sassy
05-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Mock, Try this:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Flats/9061/

Click on Member's Page...and then
go to Dennis's Page...

Blue, Does this link work for you?

I'm so happy their is no news :D ;)

Midnight Blue
05-27-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah, it does.... it's great to be able to see your Dad's cars. They're all really nice-looking... but I can see why you wanted them to bring the T-Bird to the car show... it's very impressive... but the GTO should attract a lot of attention, too. :D

Sassy
05-27-2002, 07:03 PM
I thought we tried the link before and it didn't work....???
I'm glad you could finally see the cars!  Weird...

What have you been up to, today? It was 80 here...I was attempting to put in some flowers but it was too warm to be out their too long...and the flowers are wilting on  me allready....most of the time my garden was in direct sunlight. Hopefully, they'll revive...I gave them a lot of water :)

Mock was a little excited about the GTO, too.  We were up late or should I say EARLY this am chatting about it.

Midnight Blue
05-27-2002, 07:25 PM
We did try the link earlier...if I remember correctly you even e-mailed me the URL, but Geocities wouldn't let me access the page... I'm glad I could see the pics now... :D

Not much has been going on here today. The weather's a bit nicer, but it's nowhere close to 80.. more like 65 or so...the mere male is hoping it's nice enough for him to get in a few holes of golf tomorrow morning. (a sure sign that he's feeling better ;D)

Sassy
05-27-2002, 07:51 PM
We did try the link earlier...if I remember correctly you even e-mailed me the URL, but Geocities wouldn't let me access the page... I'm glad I could see the pics now... :D

Not much has been going on here today. The weather's a bit nicer, but it's nowhere close to 80.. more like 65 or so...the mere male is hoping it's nice enough for him to get in a few holes of golf tomorrow morning. (a sure sign that he's feeling better ;D)
Glad to hear that Mr. Blue is feeling better :D A round of golf or two will surely put him over the top...healthwise ;D ;)

I'll be jumping in and out of the board, so don't feel bad if I don't answer your posts right away...I'm trying to do about a million things at once...as usual...from laundry and packing(about 6 loads of folding to do) , a few scrapbook pages and running off a few things on the computer....(that link "coffee break" that I posted)....and cleaning my house! >:(

Midnight Blue
05-27-2002, 08:03 PM
I understand how that goes... doing other stuff while also surfing the board... I was offline as well a few minutes ago... one of my little boys wanted me to play a game with him... and one does have to do those things... :D

Are you watching the basketball game? It looks like the Nets are trying hard to keep from letting another one get away from them....

Sassy
05-27-2002, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I've got that on, too! ;D and the local classic rock station.....

NETS WIN.... >:(

Sassy
06-05-2002, 08:25 PM
Almost on Page 4! ??? >:(

Midnight Blue
06-05-2002, 08:36 PM
Hi, ND! How was your weekend with you parents and the classic car show? I can't wait to hear about all the neat cars you must have seen! :D

Sassy
06-05-2002, 08:46 PM
Hi, ND! How was your weekend with you parents and the classic car show? I can't wait to hear about all the neat cars you must have seen! :D

Hi Blue...

It was a lot of fun...and beautiful weather, minus the wind....
A lot of neat cars...you can check them out if you want...Dad entered the GTO in  the muscle show, but didn't win anything. BTW Mock, the GTO is all original except for the paint and it has a 400 engine. It's never even been dented.  My aunt was the original owner.

It was a good weekend, but, unfortunately a little cool for fishing...the good weather only lasted Friday night and Saturday ::) Then, it rained >:( Of course, the rest of the week is supposed to be 80 and sunny! Oh well...another time, I guess.

http://www.cruzinclassics.com/

What's been going on here?  

Midnight Blue
06-05-2002, 09:04 PM
Hi Blue...

It was a lot of fun...and beautiful weather, minus the wind....
A lot of neat cars...you can check them out if you want...Dad entered the GTO in  the muscle show, but didn't win anything. BTW Mock, the GTO is all original except for the paint and it has a 400 engine. It's never even been dented.  My aunt was the original owner.

It was a good weekend, but, unfortunately a little cool for fishing...the good weather only lasted Friday night and Saturday ::) Then, it rained >:( Of course, the rest of the week is supposed to be 80 and sunny! Oh well...another time, I guess.

http://www.cruzinclassics.com/

What's been going on here?  

I'm glad the weather cooperated for the most part anyway... but it would have been nice to go fishing, too. :D

We were on the road last weekend, too... we made a very fast trip to southern Oregon, so I wasn't around on Friday or Saturday either. It looks like the board is solidly stuck in the offseason doldrums... about the most entertainment we've had recently was the banter between Patch and Roy, our new Chefs fan... it's always amusing when Chefs and Raider fans argue back and forth... ;D

Sassy
06-05-2002, 09:56 PM
I'm glad the weather cooperated for the most part anyway... but it would have been nice to go fishing, too. :D

We were on the road last weekend, too... we made a very fast trip to southern Oregon, so I wasn't around on Friday or Saturday either. It looks like the board is solidly stuck in the offseason doldrums... about the most entertainment we've had recently was the banter between Patch and Roy, our new Chefs fan... it's always amusing when Chefs and Raider fans argue back and forth... ;D
Where in Southeren Oregon?  I hope you had a great time!

Yeah, the board seriously has the off-season blues...even Bronco fans are fighting a little amongst themselves.  Did you watch any of the Lakers/Kings?

Midnight Blue
06-05-2002, 10:13 PM
Where in Southeren Oregon?  I hope you had a great time!

Yeah, the board seriously has the off-season blues...even Bronco fans are fighting a little amongst themselves.  Did you watch any of the Lakers/Kings?

We went to Medford... putting very nearly 1500 miles on our little van.  :-)

It was just the two of us, as Grandma and Grandpa kept the kids. Despite being very strapped for time we had a great time, but didn't get to visit as long as we'd have liked... Mr. Blue has lots of friends and relatives in that area.

Is it just me or does the board seem a bit more touchy this year than it was last offseason? At this time last year, we were just getting a good start with the forum, but it seemed that we were more to argue with the Raider fans... and perhaps a bit more tolerant of our Bronco brethren.... but maybe I've forgotten....

The 'mere male' and I did watch most of the Lakers-Kings series... it was a close, highly competitive series that could have gone either way... but I don't expect the Nets to be a real challenge for the Lakers... unfortunately. I like a good game! :D

Sassy
06-05-2002, 10:35 PM
We went to Medford... putting very nearly 1500 miles on our little van.  :-)

It was just the two of us, as Grandma and Grandpa kept the kids. Despite being very strapped for time we had a great time, but didn't get to visit as long as we'd have liked... Mr. Blue has lots of friends and relatives in that area.

Is it just me or does the board seem a bit more touchy this year than it was last offseason? At this time last year, we were just getting a good start with the forum, but it seemed that we were more to argue with the Raider fans... and perhaps a bit more tolerant of our Bronco brethren.... but maybe I've forgotten....

The 'mere male' and I did watch most of the Lakers-Kings series... it was a close, highly competitive series that could have gone either way... but I don't expect the Nets to be a real challenge for the Lakers... unfortunately. I like a good game! :D
Sounds like you had a good time, then.  The Driving is usually the worst part....I also put a few miles on the car, but NOT as many as you and Mr. Blue... ;D

I think the fans are a bit more touchy than last season...maybe because of the expectations that we had and where we ended up.  It definitely puts a damper on things when we see Eddie go down in the first game and you just have that sinking feeling that he's not coming back for the entire season.... :( I can't believe that some people are complaining when we post about other teams and their players or on "girl talk"....etc.!

Ok...what's with Maude and Marge?  (I don't watch the simpsons.....or at least I haven't for a LONG time ??? ;) ;D

I have to give Kobe and the Lakers a little credit, although, I didn't care for the outcome of the game.  I think the Lakers handled the win with class....especially Kobe.  On the other hand, if the KINGS would have MADE some free throws.... ::)

Midnight Blue
06-05-2002, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you had a good time, then.  The Driving is usually the worst part....I also put a few miles on the car, but NOT as many as you and Mr. Blue... ;D

Yeah, we were pretty tired by the time we got home... we left here at midnight Thursday and got home around 9pm Saturday, so it took a couple days to catch back up on our sleep. :-)

I think the fans are a bit more touchy than last season...maybe because of the expectations that we had and where we ended up.  It definitely puts a damper on things when we see Eddie go down in the first game and you just have that sinking feeling that he's not coming back for the entire season.... :( I can't believe that some people are complaining when we post about other teams and their players or on "girl talk"....etc.!

Yeah, that's what I was referring to as well... while I remember people complaining about threads going off-topic, I don't think there was quite as much hostility over thread topics...  

I enjoy the informality of the 'conversation' threads... and thought no one would object to them... :P

Ok...what's with Maude and Marge?  (I don't watch the simpsons.....or at least I haven't for a LONG time ??? ;) ;D

Well, I'm not exactly a 'Simpsons' fan either... so all I know about it is that Marge is the mom, so I suppose that would probably be the appropriate character for me... but I have no idea about Maude... :D

I have to give Kobe and the Lakers a little credit, although, I didn't care for the outcome of the game.  I think the Lakers handled the win with class....especially Kobe.  On the other hand, if the KINGS would have MADE some free throws.... ::)

Absolutely... Game 7 was a winnable game for the Kings if they'd just made a few more of those FT's... one has to be impressed with Bibby's performance as well as Kobe's... and while there is controversy over Shaq, I do think he gets away with more than your 'average' NBA player... it seems to me that he spends more than 24 seconds 'in the paint' and that he goes through the defender on a lot of his 'drives to the basket'... but then he's one of their stars, and fans would complain if he fouled out all the time, too... ???

Sassy
06-05-2002, 11:16 PM
.....or when the Kings are up by 20 some points and they lose :P  

The Kings should have had that series.....but the Lakers probably deserved to win.

Midnight Blue
06-05-2002, 11:33 PM
Definitely... no one can say the Kings didn't have their chances to  put that series away... but they just didn't get it done... and with the Lakers, they're capable of putting up a lot of points in a very short time. (sort of like the Rams when they're 'firing on all the cylinders'....)

I'm going to try to post a pic of the river... if it works, then I'll try to get one of the Chevy....  well, rats... it says that I need to rename the pic, but I don't know how to do that... :-/

watermock
06-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Just right click on the file and you will see rename in the box.

Midnight Blue
06-06-2002, 12:34 AM
Just right click on the file and you will see rename in the box.

Ah, so it's probably because of webtv again... it doesn't have a mouse and I'm not sure how you'd right click on the file... it just has a camera icon that is supposed to upload the picture....

I'm seriously considering upgrading to a PC, but don't know just what brand is best... or how much memory I'd need...

watermock
06-06-2002, 01:34 AM
Dell and Gateway are ok. I have a presario but I have heard they have problems. Mine has been fine.

I don't know, but you might be able to get a clearance one as well. 600 bucks should get ya done.

My first packard bell was 1800 bucks with 16 ram and a 200 mmx.

IMO, you want at least 40 gigs of hard drive, a CD burner and 128 ram if you are looking for a baseline. 700-900 bucks might get you one with a burner.  The AMD processor is less money than the Pentium and just as good if not better.(Like I know alot) (save ya bout a hundred to go AMD vs. Pentium)

I think Gateway is giving free computer lessons for the rest of the year if that would be helpful. Besides, they are from my home turf. Moo.

Midnight Blue
06-06-2002, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of getting a new PC through 'peoplepc', which includes your Internet access for $25 a month... but then I found out that they don't have a local access number in the area where I live, so it would be accruing long distance charges for every minute I was online... which would mount up very quickly and wouldn't be economically feasible.

In looking at PC's though, for a 'neophyte' it's hard to decide between your Pentium, Pentium 2, Celeron, or Athlon processors... I have no idea what the differences are between them and which would be best... also in brands, there's Compaq, which I've heard referred to as 'comcrap'... so it's just hard to make a decision. ???

watermock
06-06-2002, 02:34 AM
Well, like I said, gateway is giving free classes with a pc purchase. Lord knows I have wandered around stepping on my toes.

Next up, networking this house before Valentine goes crazy with that dial up she has.

Midnight Blue
06-06-2002, 02:51 AM
Maybe checking into a Gateway is the best course of action... thanks for the input! :D

Good luck with the broadband...that sounds like the best, fastest Internet connection... we'd probably go for that if it was available where we live, but unfortunately, it's not, so we have to live with dial-up service... at least for the time being.

Sassy
06-06-2002, 01:19 PM
Hey Blue,

I tried to post again last night, but MSN kicked me off a couple of times and I was tired, so I gave up.

Hope you're having a great day!
Later... ;D

Midnight Blue
06-06-2002, 01:45 PM
Hi, ND... ISP's can be maddening! :pfbbt: :moon:

Hope your day is going well and the kids are cooperative. :-)

It's a sunny, but windy day here... the mere male went golfing anyway... I think he's addicted to the golf course and our son's not much better! LOL

Sassy
06-09-2002, 10:23 PM
Hi, ND... ISP's can be maddening! :pfbbt: :moon:

Hope your day is going well and the kids are cooperative. :-)

It's a sunny, but windy day here... the mere male went golfing anyway... I think he's addicted to the golf course and our son's not much better! LOL

Hi Blue....

Didn't get this message until now....

Like Father, Like son (on the golfing) LOL!

It's nice to have the board working again, although I think the clock is off by about 3 hours ;)

Midnight Blue
06-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi Blue....

Didn't get this message until now....

Like Father, Like son (on the golfing) LOL!

It's nice to have the board working again, although I think the clock is off by about 3 hours ;)

Hi, ND! Hope you've had a good weekend. Ours was nice... we joined some friends who had ordered Tyson-Lewis on PPV, which was very enjoyable. We would have preferred to see the Nets win today, but weren't surprised that it didn't turn out that way. The NBA finals are sort of like the boxing match last night... one side is in over their head leading to a less-competitive, less-exciting contest. Too predictable... :gripe:

With our son and the golf, Mr. Blue has 'created a monster', I'm afraid.... LOL
And it's only going to get worse when the twins start playing golf, too... ::)

Isn't it nice having 'our' board functioning again? I had to resort to the Fanhome Raider board (and giving Max and Poclman a tough time) while it was out of order... ;D

I also noticed the clock's discrepancy, but you can adjust that through the 'profile' page... I did that last night. :D

Training camp starts tomorrow, which will most likely bring some news... and new discussion topics! :D :thumbsup: :rainbow:

Sassy
06-11-2002, 11:56 PM
LOL at the clock stuff...I reset mine and then TJ must have reset it, too...and then it was really off!  It's right now, though....

Check  this out:
http://www.onlinesports.com/images/ken-shr-nfldb.gif

Midnight Blue
06-12-2002, 01:52 AM
LOL  I had to re-adjust my clock, too. :giggle:

That shower curtain is very nice... is it on ebay and did you bid on it? It would go great with that bath rug set you posted last fall... :-)

How has your week been going?

Sassy
06-14-2002, 12:25 AM
It's not on ebay....it's 45 bucks, though :P

Where are all of the ladies are this board, lately.  They sure have been MIA :o :-/

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 12:52 AM
Yikes... for that kind of money, it better be awesome-looking! :o

Yeah, I've been wondering where our EGIBS's are, too... Gudgref has been around not too long ago, Abra's been missing for quite a while, and Bella's been gone since about last December...

I hope all's well with Bella and Abra... they both had family members with health problems.

Of course, as we already mentioned, the board's been a bit testy this offseason, which sometimes makes things less 'lady-friendly'... I've noticed that other boards seem to be somewhat lacking in female participation as well... it's not just this one.

Sassy
06-14-2002, 08:20 PM
We're tough, we can handle it! LOL! ;) ;D  We've had a lot of practice with the Brian Basher, oops!, I mean, Errand ;) ;D ;D (All in fun, Of course!) 8)

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 08:38 PM
We're tough, we can handle it! LOL! ;) ;D  We've had a lot of practice with the Brian Basher, oops!, I mean, Errand ;) ;D ;D (All in fun, Of course!) 8)

Oh, yeah... and sometimes a bit of dissension spices things up... as long as it doesn't get out of hand... ;D

I have to admit that sometimes, I have deliberately done such things as dissing Gus or Kurt Warner just to provoke him... and most of the time it works... LOL (I know... I'm very naughty ;D)

That reminds me... I don't know if you ever hang around the Chiefs Planet board, but some of their posters were absolutely brutal about Kurt's wife about a week ago... none of them appeared to think she was remotely attractive... yikes!

Sassy
06-14-2002, 08:44 PM
I go over there every once in awhile...I'll check it out.

Check this out:  (JLem posted it at Cyber High)

Warner's thumb will never fully heal

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Friday, June 14, 2002

News
You read that daunting headline correctly. According to the Florida Times-Union, Kurt Warner knows his right thumb is going to be an issue the rest of his career. "It's an arthritic condition,'' Mike Martz said. "It's always going to have some soreness to it, if it gets banged around a little bit. We just try to manage it the best way I can.'' In typical Warner-fashion, he downplayed the whole thing. "It feels good. I'm not worried about it," he said. "It's all going to come down to whether I re-injure it or not. But I can't live in a bubble. I have to go out and play.''

Views
Let's put it this way, if the Rams' o-line doesn't form a bubble around Warner, we may be seeing a little Jamie Martin this year. And a little Jamie Martin is a lot more than you need.

;D ;D ;D

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 08:58 PM
The thread was something about a serial killer in St. Louis... they got really rude! :o

About Kurt's thumb, it took a long time for Brett Favre to recover from the thumb injury he suffered... and I think it was the same type of injury (jammed against a defender's helmet). I'm not sure Brett's been quite the same as before the injury despite looking better most of last season. The thumb is so vital to controlling the ball and getting the right spiral and velocity on it... pain and weakening of the grip makes the throw "off" just that tiny bit that can make the difference in whether or not the ball is catchable.

Sassy
06-14-2002, 09:02 PM
The thread was something about a serial killer in St. Louis... they got really rude! :o

About Kurt's thumb, it took a long time for Brett Favre to recover from the thumb injury he suffered... and I think it was the same type of injury (jammed against a defender's helmet). I'm not sure Brett's been quite the same as before the injury despite looking better most of last season. The thumb is so vital to controlling the ball and getting the right spiral and velocity on it... pain and weakening of the grip makes the throw "off" just that tiny bit that can make the difference in whether or not the ball is catchable.

Gee, Blue, I just don't know ;) Do you think it could possibly make a difference in that bid for 5 superbowl rings? :o ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I agree about Brett.  He hasn't seemed the same since.

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 09:19 PM
:giggle: rofl LOL :giggle:  Yeah, I think it might be time for Kurt to modify that prediction... when he said it, I thought it might be a good idea for him to have a chat with Dan Marino... I saw an interview where Dan said that after the Dolphins went to the SB so early in his career, he just assumed that they'd be back to the big game, but it never happened...

With Brett, the thumb injury definitely has affected his numbers... Brett's a fierce competitor that won't easily give up, and he is still one of the best QB's in the game... but one can see that the thumb sometimes bothers him...

The salary cap and pay demands are also likely to take their toll on the Rams in the near future... as Marshall Faulk has already made his displeasure known, Torry Holt will be wanting a raise, and probably Isaac Bruce will as well... it's going to be very hard for them to keep those top players without paying the top dollar... and the need to stay below the cap makes that a big challenge...

Sassy
06-14-2002, 09:39 PM
With Brett, the thumb injury definitely has affected his numbers... Brett's a fierce competitor that won't easily give up, and he is still one of the best QB's in the game... but one can see that the thumb sometimes bothers him...

I bet the int's have gone up, also?  I should check on that...

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 10:47 PM
You're probably right about that... it would be an interesting statistic to look up.

So do you have any interesting plans for the weekend?

Sassy
06-14-2002, 11:00 PM
YEAR TEAM G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Rate
1991 Atlanta Falcons 2 0 5 0 0.0 0 0.0 0 0 2 0.0
1992 Green Bay Packers 15 13 471 302 64.1 3227 6.9 76t 18 13 85.3
1993 Green Bay Packers 16 16 522 318 60.9 3303 6.3 66t 19 24 72.2
1994 Green Bay Packers 16 16 582 363 62.4 3882 6.7 49 33 14 90.7
1995 Green Bay Packers 16 16 570 359 63.0 4413 7.7 99t 38 13 99.5
1996 Green Bay Packers 16 16 543 325 59.9 3899 7.2 80t 39 13 95.8
1997 Green Bay Packers 16 16 513 304 59.3 3867 7.5 74 35 16 92.6
1998 Green Bay Packers 16 16 551 347 63.0 4212 7.6 84t 31 23 87.8
1999 Green Bay Packers 16 16 595 341 57.3 4091 6.9 74t 22 23 74.7
2000 Green Bay Packers 16 16 580 338 58.3 3812 6.6 67t 20 16 78.0
2001 Green Bay Packers 16 16 510 314 61.6 3921 7.7 67t 32 15 94.1
2002 Green Bay Packers 0 0 0 0 0.0 0 0.0 -- 0 0 0.0
TOTAL 12 NFL Seasons 161 157 5442 3311 60.8 38627 7.1 99t 287 172 86.8

Interesting.... Do you recall what year he hurt his thumb?

Sassy
06-14-2002, 11:03 PM
Not really big plans....I have been neglecting my house and garden since I've been out of town.  I still have a couple of cans of paint waiting that I bought at Home Depot about 2 months ago!  We've also gotten quite a bit of rain that has caused about a million weeds to come up in my garden.  I also have a scrapbooking party to go to and Monday off! ;D

How about you?

Midnight Blue
06-14-2002, 11:21 PM
Cool... a 3-day weekend! :D

We have home-and-yard-work on our agenda for the weekend, too... and probably a bit of beer-drinking, too.

We finally have some summer weather... it's been in the 80's, bringing out the flowers, but also the mosquitoes!

Sassy
06-14-2002, 11:27 PM
So what's it like to have a day without rain??? LOL! Actually, it was pretty nice today, but we've had on and off again showers.  At least we're not flooding like some parts of the state.  It's supposed to be in the 80's and sunny on Sunday and monday...I guess I picked the right "day off" ;D

I might just have to see if some friends want to come over and barbecue or even check out a Redhawks game. :D ....and there's always garage sales! ;) ;D

I looked on Chiefs' for awhile, but haven't found that thread yet....I was LOL at the thread about the lines from movies.... :)

Midnight Blue
06-15-2002, 12:08 AM
LOL Actually, it was the snow, not the rain that I was getting really tired of...we had fresh snow in this area as late as May... :gripe: The last of the snow has just melted off the mountaintops and the river is quite high... not at flood stage, but it seems like more than the average spring runoff.

I found the 'commercials' threads on the CP board entertaining, too... and I have to agree with the consensus that the Verizon "Can you hear me now?" commercials are highly annoying... as is the Dell computer guy... he's enough to dissuade me from wanting a Dell computer! LOL

Sassy
06-15-2002, 12:48 AM
It's a good thing we didn't have the snow....or at least much of it anyway in the last couple of months ...or we would have had a mess considering we had 4 inches of rain last Sunday am! The humidity was 100%.  It was miserable!

anyway, I'll have to check out the commercial thread...it sounds entertaining.

Midnight Blue
06-15-2002, 03:28 AM
The CP board does get into some very lively discussions... it seems that 'anything goes'... and nobody gets testy about threads going off-topic...

Here's the thread link...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33232

Sassy
06-21-2002, 08:43 PM
UP! ;)

BroncosFan74
06-22-2002, 06:42 PM
Those Verizon commercials are the most annoying commercials on television.  I hate them!!!  The other one that really annoys me is the Nascar commercial where the guy is spelling out Jarrett's name in alphabet soup or whatever it is.

watermock
06-22-2002, 07:03 PM
I like the Aflack and Geico commercials.

Worst:

Carrot top by a mile. It is absoultely horrible. Every time I see that moron I want to literally STRANGLE him.

The 10-10 2 twenty ads with Bradshaw, Piazza and of all things, ALF, have to get honorable mention. It's like the commercial is dying for O.J. Simpson.

BroncosFan74
06-22-2002, 07:52 PM
I like the Aflac and Geico commercials too.  And you're right, the carrot top commercials are the absolute worst.  I just wonder what it is that makes the companies use people that are that annoying to sell their products.  Do they think that anybody wants to see those commercials???

watermock
06-22-2002, 08:11 PM
Well, Taco would premise that we are talking about them, and there is no such thing as bad publicity, only exposure.

Personally, I think the whole idea of Advertising is totally overblown, unless you consider Americans total morons.

I rarely been motivated to go out and by anything by the advertising but there are execptions.

I may want to by a new car, so I kinda look at those. I like the new Protoge, because we have one and its been impeccable and gets 35mph. The new ones have a 2.0 which is fast as the wind.

The Altima is nice as well, if I want to step up to the pump and get that Maxima V6 motor and have a pocket rocket.

Computer ads always get my attention, but I am not upgrading till they have a 100gb hard drive.

That pubecent geek for Dell has turned me towards Gateway and their Rockin' Cow, so I guess that is an impact.

The Aflack commercial makes me want more insurance, and I use Progressive insurance, it was cheaper than Geico, but I checked.

Other than those, I can't honestly say that I even blink at ads.

If you can put on a cool song like Nissan its a plus, Nissan ads make Toyota look like Oldsmobile.

Midnight Blue
06-23-2002, 02:41 AM
Most of the Budweiser commercials are good... but the one where the guy hits the satin sheet and slides right on out the window is hilarious. rofl

Hope everyone has a good week... I won't be around till next Sunday (the 30th)... we're leaving on vacation tomorrow morning. Catch you all later! :D

Sassy
06-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Have a great vacation, Blue!   :D

P.S.  What a cutie Baby Blue is....thanks for sharing! :)

Midnight Blue
06-23-2002, 03:07 AM
Thanks, ND... I should probably be in bed already because the 'mere male' wants to get an early start tomorrow morning... but wasn't really sleepy since I usually am up late. I'll probably regret it in the morning, but oh well! ;D

There are so many things Baby Blue is learning now and she's growing so fast it seems that you can almost see a difference from week to week. She has two tiny teeth that really show up when she grins at you. :D

(Yep, she does have Grandma... and Grandpa... wrapped around her little finger!)

Sassy
06-23-2002, 03:16 AM
Where are you going on your trip?

I know what you mean about not being able to sleep.  I'm up really late, also.  But, it's thundering, lightening and pouring rain....A little noisy out there! ;D

Baby blue is at a really fun age....it's fun to watch them grow and see what they can do!

Of course, Grandpa and Grandma Blue spoil her! ;)

Midnight Blue
06-23-2002, 03:28 AM
We're headed south... we plan to visit with relatives, find some fun places along the Oregon coast and then head on down to the Redwood forest. The kids want to go to a zoo, so that's also on the agenda. :-)

Hopefully we'll have enough time to get everything done. Vacations always seem too short, don't they? LOL

Speaking of time getting short, though, I suppose it is time to catch a few zzz's... Have a good week and don't have too much fun without me! ;D :giggle: ;D

Sassy
06-23-2002, 03:40 AM
It sounds like everybody will have a great time!  Are you camping?  ....and how do you fit everyone in the car! LOL!

Goodnight Blue, Have a safe one!

watermock
06-23-2002, 05:30 AM
Every vacation I have ever taken has required a week of rest to recover from.

Sassy
06-25-2002, 10:43 PM
Hey Chubby ;)

Just thought I'd bring this thread UP! ;D

Midnight Blue
06-30-2002, 11:33 PM
So what's new around the Orange Mane? We're back from vacation... tired, but a "good" sort of tired. We crammed a lot of fun into the week. :D

We traveled in a 7-passenger minivan, so there were seatbelts for everyone, but not much room for anything else! LOL

I can't believe how much catching-up I have to do!!! :giggle:

Sassy
07-05-2002, 10:55 PM
Philly!  You're here.  Where have you been? ???

gudgref
07-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi, ladies (and anyone else lurking around)!

How is everyone?  I know I haven't been around a whole lot lately - summer has a habit of making me very lazy.  Since I only have 3 1/2 weeks left  :-/  , I thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing!

Happy July!

Midnight Blue
07-13-2002, 06:22 PM
Hi, Gudgref! The summer does seem to be flying by, doesn't it? Has it been pretty warm in your area? Our spring and early summer were quite cool, but we've finally gotten some summer weather this week... and temps have risen above 100 degrees for the first time in about 12 years. We're coping with the heat wave better than some because there's usually a cool breeze off the river, but it has been quite a change from the 75 or so we had last week. :-)

I can't wait for training camp.... and then preseason... to begin so we can start getting more Bronco news. Maybe I'm just forgetful, but it seems that there was more news available last June-July. And we have so many question marks this year... it would be nice to get a better idea of where some of the players really are as far as their rehab status... as well as to see how the team chemistry looks. With so many players moved to new positions, it's hard to say how the separate units (offense, defense, and special teams) will gel.

watermock
07-14-2002, 02:44 AM
The shyster took a long vacation (supposedly at the advice of Shanahan, I think it had to do more with the heat he was getting).

He's reading books, sampling cuisine and having his butt buddy powder his tooshie as they watch the sunset,somewhere.

I hope he stays there, I'm sick about him telling us how great New York was.

If he comes back and starts giving resteraunt reviews from New York I'm calling the editor myself.

Midnight Blue
07-14-2002, 04:37 AM
Yeah, I suspect that Adam's complaint mail was at a higher-than-normal level just before he suddenly decided to take a sabbatical... perhaps enough to attract the attention of his superiors at the Post....

I've also noticed that most of the Post's recent Bronco articles are by Patrick Saunders... he seems a lot less biased than Schefter.

I truly hope that the time off has returned Adam's sense of perspective. If he returns as the primary Broncos sportswriter, it would be nice if the arrogance and personal opinions aren't as flagrant and obvious as they were just before his hiatus. Otherwise, I'd prefer that they promote Saunders and move Schefter permanently to food reviews....

alkemical
07-15-2002, 02:24 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,57672,00.html

NEW YORK ? On a recent trip to the Gap, Trisha Hart and her mom both happily left the store with clothing a size smaller than they normally wear. But they haven't been on a mother-daughter diet

"If anything I keep getting fatter," Hart said.

So why the shrunken sizes? According to fashion experts and anecdotal accounts by female shoppers, designers are cutting clothing bigger, so women will fit into say, a size 4 rather than a 6, in an effort to flatter women's egos and boost sales.

"It's a very common practice," said Tamara Albu, fashion design coordinator at Parsons School of Design. "Designers make women feel they're a size 4 and they make a sale. It's a marketing trick."

Midnight Blue
07-15-2002, 02:57 AM
Ah, yes.... women's clothing sizes.... I don't want to go off on a rant here, but guys are so fortunate that men's clothing sizes go by their measurements in inches... and they're pretty much standard. Guys don't have to make allowances for certain brand names 'running small' or as the article says, 'running large' to make a size 6 or 8 woman feel good that she's wearing a '4'....

With women's clothing, you really have to try it on to know if it's going to fit or not... you can't just go in and buy your usual size and expect it to fit. And some of the designs they come up with... yikes!!

watermock
07-15-2002, 05:57 AM
The ultimate nightmare, shopping with a female.

"How does this look on me!" "It's on sale"

Well Duh. Do you really think they expected to get 65 dollars from that 50 cents worth of cloth?

Should you be honest? You know she will never wear it. You hate it, and start planning an home equity loan for a closet wing.

You wonder where you are going to put your socks and underwear. Under your bed? Nope, she stuffed your tools under there.

And absolutely no consistency in women's clothing sizes, yet alone how their weight changes hourly.

watermock
07-15-2002, 06:00 AM
Men attack the store like a well planned operation desert storm, picking their aisles and formulating their every move as they charge thru the store, the goal clearly in mind.

Get what you came for, pick the shortest checkout line and head for the escape pod.

Women "Graze" thru stores.

Midnight Blue
07-15-2002, 01:08 PM
Men attack the store like a well planned operation desert storm, picking their aisles and formulating their every move as they charge thru the store, the goal clearly in mind.

Get what you came for, pick the shortest checkout line and head for the escape pod.

Women "Graze" thru stores.

LOL Mr. Blue hates shopping.... and that's exactly the way he goes about it whenever he's forced into a mall...which is why I usually buy his clothes, as well as my own and the kids'. Of course, my daughters have now reached the age where they have to go along to choose their own stuff... which sometimes makes things very interesting...

The variations in women's clothing sizes was one of the major reasons why I learned to sew....  :pfbbt:

Sassy
07-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Hi Blue!

How are you this fine (and hot & muggy) evening? Can I pour you a glass of white merlot?  (I was going over to the tree house, but I can't find it and I'm to lazy to look anymore... ??? ;D )

What have you been up to?

Midnight Blue
07-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Hi Blue!

How are you this fine (and hot & muggy) evening? Can I pour you a glass of white merlot?  (I was going over to the tree house, but I can't find it and I'm to lazy to look anymore... ??? ;D )

What have you been up to?

Hi, ND! Don't mind if I do have a nice glass of 'cyber wine'! :D

The Treehouse is probably buried at about the 15th to 20th page by now... we've had a lot of new threads started recently. This thread was on page 4 when I replied to Gudgref's post a couple of days ago... :o

All's going well here... thankfully, the temperature has moderated a bit from the 100+ degrees it was on Friday and Saturday. The drastic changes are really hard to adjust to. It wouldn't be so bad going from the 90's to over 100, but when it suddenly shifts more than 20 degrees, it feels even hotter than it actually is. :-/

I'm really getting anxious for the new season to start. The last couple of evenings, the mere male and I have been watching some game tapes from the '97 season... and it brings back some great memories. I really miss #7 and #27.... and watching some of TD's runs, I'm very much hoping that he can regain even half of that form this year...

How are things going for you lately?

Sassy
07-15-2002, 09:56 PM
I've been good.  Busy. I also haven't felt like doing much in this hot weather.  But it sounds like your temps have even been warmer than ours! We've also gotten the wind to go with it....and unfortunately it broke off one of my flowers :'(

It's only about 90 here :o  Are you getting the humidity too?

I'm being a bum right now.  I usually listen to the Redhawks game but they're not playing tonight.  I may just have to pop in a Broncos' tape, too! :D Would it be bad luck to watch the Rams game :P :-/

I can't wait to see this Bronco team!  I just have a feeling...Kind of like when everyone was talking about the Broncos not having a chance in Superbowl 32 and I kept telling my friends that the Broncos were going to win.... :rainbow: :flower:

I honestly believe.....

BUT...we have to be healthy and our new players have to click but the Veterans will help with that!

Midnight Blue
07-15-2002, 10:13 PM
I've been good.  Busy. I also haven't felt like doing much in this hot weather.  But it sounds like your temps have even been warmer than ours! We've also gotten the wind to go with it....and unfortunately it broke off one of my flowers :'(

It's only about 90 here :o  Are you getting the humidity too?

I'm being a bum right now.  I usually listen to the Redhawks game but they're not playing tonight.  I may just have to pop in a Broncos' tape, too! :D Would it be bad luck to watch the Rams game :P :-/

I can't wait to see this Bronco team!  I just have a feeling...Kind of like when everyone was talking about the Broncos not having a chance in Superbowl 32 and I kept telling my friends that the Broncos were going to win.... :rainbow: :flower:

I honestly believe.....

BUT...we have to be healthy and our new players have to click but the Veterans will help with that!

The game we watched last night was most enjoyable!!! It was the '97 home game against the Raiders... revenge for their only other win of the Shanahan era... and it was a major butt-kicking! :giggle:

The announcers (especially Al Michaels) were even brutally gleeful about it... I can see why Raider fans don't like him! ;D

It's been about 90 here today, too... but it's a dry heat. The humidity would make it much worse. I'm sorry to hear about your flower... :-/ We had thunder, heat lighning and a lot of wind the night before last... and it helped to dispel the heat wave.

I really think we'll be able to beat the Rams (it's a home game)... I'm more worried about the '9ers on the road....

Sassy
07-15-2002, 10:40 PM
:'( Poor flower snapped off at the stalk...Oh well, I'll at least bring the flowers inside. I forgot what it was I planted, but the stalk was about an inch thick and the plant was about 2 feet tall and had awesome burgundy flowers.  Oh well, I'll just have to plant the bleeding hearts my grandma gave me last weekend :)

I'm so bored, I'm watching Days of Our Lives :-/

I think I'll check out my Bronco tapes.
Maybe the afc game against the Steelers ;D

ANY GAME where we blow out the Raiders is always fun.

I've been messing with Winston's Brian jersey on the other thread...I need something like photoshop....not to mention a digital camera and scanner! :D

Midnight Blue
07-15-2002, 10:52 PM
:'( Poor flower snapped off at the stalk...Oh well, I'll at least bring the flowers inside.

I'm so bored, I'm watching Days of Our Lives :-/

I think I'll check out my Bronco tapes.
Maybe the afc game against the Steelers ;D

ANY GAME where we blow out the Raiders is always fun.

I've been messing with Winston's Brian jersey on the other thread...I need something like photoshop....not to mention a digital camera and scanner! :D

I'd find any Bronco game a lot more attractive option than 'Days of our Lives'... ;D

There are few games I enjoy more than a win over the Raiders.... it would probably take at least a playoff game, if not a SB tape.... and one of the most enjoyable parts is watching Al seethe as the last seconds tick away... the cameras usually do focus on him and the pained look on his face makes a Bronco fan's day. :D

I'll have to check out your handiwork on the other thread... that is one drawback to computers, though... you always seem to need more 'toys' (peripherals such as scanners, CD burner, etc.) :P

winstoncup bronco
07-15-2002, 10:58 PM
Hey Winston, come and join Blue and me in Girl Talk for a glass of wine...or beer if you prefer ;D

Thanks for the invite ND. ;D

You know, I just realized this thread has all these posts, yet this here is my first one.  I feel like I just walked into the Batcave, another piece of hallowed ground.

Sassy
07-15-2002, 10:59 PM
We are definetly not the "NORM".  I would rather watch a Bronco game over anything...(well, unless it's that last game against the COLTS! ::) )

winstoncup bronco
07-15-2002, 11:02 PM
What are the rules in here BTW? Do I have to wipe my shoes at the door? Can I drink my beer out of the bottle or can instead of a glass?

Sassy
07-15-2002, 11:07 PM
What are the rules in here BTW? Do I have to wipe my shoes at the door? Can I drink my beer out of the bottle or can instead of a glass?

<Hands Winston an ice cold beer and Blue another glass of wine> You can take off your shoes and put your feet up if you like :D  and ICE COLD BOTTLES work for us, too!  There's nothing like an icy cold bottle of beer on a hot summer night....unfortunately football isn't played in the summer year around, but it still works!

So, do you have a scanner or a digital camera?  What do you recommend if you do?  I've been thinking about buying both.

Hey Blue, I may have asked you but can't recall the answer...do you get into scrapbooking?  Or just sewing ;D (I read the "shopping" posts and I agree....and what is it about men and shopping.  My dad will not even go into a target store...he got ran over by a little old lady with a shopping cart once!)

This isn't just for the gals....look how many LURKERS have viewed this thread ;D ;) The guys are in here quite often, especially Philly and Garcia.

winstoncup bronco
07-15-2002, 11:10 PM
I think about from time to time of getting a digital camera, but I don't take many pictures, except for vacation, that it would be nothing more than a toy for me. I just got over my "portable DVD player" craving.

Sassy
07-15-2002, 11:19 PM
I think about from time to time of getting a digital camera, but I don't take many pictures, except for vacation, that it would be nothing more than a toy for me. I just got over my "portable DVD player" craving.
So, did you buy one?

I'd rather watch the Bronco games over and over rather than movies...how demented is that... homer ? !!

Yuck...95 and humid tomorrow....right now it's still 81 and humid and it's almost 10:30!

LOL!  They just said on the news that a couple from Nebraska caught 45 walleye over the 12 walleye limit at Ottertail Lake and were fined $2300.  Now, that's some expensive fish! How dumb can  you get.

winstoncup bronco
07-15-2002, 11:23 PM
Negative on the DVD player ND. I know that once I buy it I'll be asking myself why I did.

Feel no shame o sassy mouthed one. When the Broncos are on the few times they are here, everything else stops for me. Even NASCAR takes a back seat (no pun intended).

Broncos football comes first.

Sassy
07-15-2002, 11:28 PM
Negative on the DVD player ND. I know that once I buy it I'll be asking myself why I did.

Feel no shame o sassy mouthed one. When the Broncos are on the few times they are here, everything else stops for me. Even NASCAR takes a back seat (no pun intended).

Broncos football comes first.

Never any shame when it comes to football! ;D
Nascar :P ::) Sorry.
So, is your wife a Bronco/or at least football fan?

winstoncup bronco
07-15-2002, 11:30 PM
Okay ND, thanks for the brew, but I've gotta be at work in 6 hours, so I'm off to slumber.

Thanks again for the invite.

Blue, sorry I didn't see you. Guess it gives me something to look forward to next time.

Carry on girls........ :egbgb: :cheers: :wave: