PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Feature Updated...

Taco John
07-17-2004, 10:41 PM
I just wanted to let everybody know that the ignore feature has been updated. Once someone goes on ignore, the only way you'll be able to read them is if someone else quotes them.

You'll no longer be able to see threads that they start... You'll no longer see a prompt to read their posts. They'll simply disappear.

For a forum like this, the more control I give you to sculpt your board experience, the better, IMO.

Have at it.

TexanBob
07-18-2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks. Smells better in here already.

BlueDamsel
07-19-2004, 05:32 PM
...Now if we could only set it so that people are ignored only when they're posting about certain topics, or within certain areas of the board...

For example, I could care less about the political banter on the board - if I wanted to see stuff about the election or about the war, etc, I would find a bulletin board specifically for such things - I usually will click the "new posts" button upon opening the site & scroll through, see if there is anything of interest, respond/read as necessary & then close down...So not having to see LABF's latest anti-bush ramblings intermixed with football/random threads would be a plus. Obviously LABF is already on my ignore, so all the threads started by him will not show up - but all the threads started by people I don't want on my ignore still show up...

I know it's just a small thing to skip over it, but it's just a small annoyance too...Just wondering if it would be possible to do?

RunByDesign
07-20-2004, 10:34 PM
It's not just LABF, it's the Bush supporters, too.

Rascal
07-21-2004, 08:34 AM
It's not just LABF, it's the Bush supporters, too.

No its the Kerry supporters. thwack

RunByDesign
07-21-2004, 04:47 PM
No its the Kerry supporters. thwack

It's the Bush supporters. :bash:

Hilarious!

Blueflame
07-21-2004, 05:30 PM
Everybody knows it's all Brian Griese's fault.... ;D :P ;D

Taco John
07-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Just an update: The ignore function isn't broken.

Please don't complain to me that someone is posting disagreeable stuff to your political bent without first putting that poster on ignore who is bothering you. If you're not going to bother regulating for yourself, why complain to me to do it for you?

R.Jizzle
07-22-2004, 10:49 PM
Prison Planet - 9/11 Prior Knowledge Archive <<<<< Click Here...Seriously!!

This is what wont be in the commissions report. Global Elitests wanted this attack to happen.. the paper trail is there.. Bush made it happen (or atleast his "controlers") so he could scare Americans to give up there personal freedoms for protection, and so far it as worked. We are one Elite sponsored terror attack away from a prison planet where we have no rights. John Kerry is not the answer (in fact he most likely takes orders from the same thugs Bush does), but a shake up in leadership is needed.(In fact I propose an ammendment where a President only is allowed ONE TERM, i doubt these power crazy freaks would ever consider that) You may not believe that this could happen.. (although it has happened time and time again through out history ...ie when Rome blamed crime on early Christians and turned the population against them, when Hitler burned the Riechtag and blamed it on his political enimies and in turn scared Germans into installing him as Furor, or when Clinton and Reno blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda), Why would your own government kill civilians? The answer is easy, to further there goal of a Global, Elite run gov't were the Rich and Powerful have complete control over resources, money, and our lives. They honetly feel they are justified in doing this. This power hunger meglomaniacs are members of secret socities and semi satanic clubs and think it is there duty to run the world and turn commoners (like me and everyone else i know) into their slave. Sounds far fetched.. but Read this, make your own conclusions.
I know of atleast one person i will send this to who will email me back and make sarcastic remarks and right all the evidence off as coincedence or even fabrications, and blame it on an extremist religious fanatics. To this person and others out there who think like him, i say, ok, thats is fine. im not going to waste my time from this point forward trying to get the word out and educate those kind of people. But to those who have an OPEN mind, I say read this. Make your own conclusions. I did and they are hard for someone who believes in freedom, and the American dream.
Again,there are too many links just to be a coincedence. This is not some Micheal Moore capatialist bull**** where the the reporter is out to make money. This information has been compiled and reported on for free, so that concerned Americans are prepared to stand up for the Bill of Rights when the New World Order starts cracking skulls.

-For more information on the Elite satanic cults and secret club ie. Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones.. visit.. www.infowars.com <<<<Click Here ,,Seriously.

R.Jizzle
07-22-2004, 10:51 PM
i like taco John.. he sounds like my kind of thinker.... btw.. go 49ers... (hey we may suck now, but we will always have SuperBowl XXIV

R.Jizzle
07-22-2004, 10:54 PM
It's the Bush supporters. :bash:

Hilarious!

everything should just be blamed on me!! :devil:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
07-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Please don't complain to me that someone is posting disagreeable stuff to your political bent without first putting that poster on ignore who is bothering you. If you're not going to bother regulating for yourself, why complain to me to do it for you?

Bingo.

There's nothing more annoying that hearing the bush/gop people whine about political posts they don't want to see/read when all they have to do is reach for the "ignore" button.

watermock
07-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Don't take the candy away!

I enjoy beating this idiot down.

watermock
07-23-2004, 12:41 AM
when Clinton and Reno blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda)

This gives you a pretty good idea.

watermock
07-23-2004, 12:43 AM
blew up the OK Federal Building to further there Gun Control Agenda)

This is so amusing.

Now we have three idiots. This is great!

Taco John
07-23-2004, 01:41 AM
i like taco John.. he sounds like my kind of thinker.... btw.. go 49ers... (hey we may suck now, but we will always have SuperBowl XXIV

Good. Then you'll understand why I just disabled your account.

Don't spam my administrative threads with your infowars crap.

Rock Chalk
07-24-2004, 08:14 AM
F*ck the 49ers. Get lost loser. Kerry supporter AND a whiner fan, what on God's f*cking earth could be worse?

Smart move TJ.

BlueDamsel
07-24-2004, 01:31 PM
Hey TJ one more thing on that ignore feature update - can we have a "quick ignore" button? In the drop down menu on usernames you have the options to search for more posts, buddy up with them, pm them, or view their profile...but nothing to ignore them, without having to work for it.... Just wonderin' :) thanks

Taco John
07-24-2004, 06:01 PM
That's not a bad idea, Beergir- er, Porti-, er Melissa. :)

I'll see if my support community can help me out with something like that.

Bronco Yoda
07-24-2004, 06:41 PM
Well, if we're going to have this rep meter.... might as well have an ignore meter then eh?

How about putting an ignore 'count' &/or bar graph along side everyone's individual rep meter. It would be interesting if not humorous to see who's on each others ignore list. click on the number and see who exactly is ignoring each other. No more questioning why someone isn't responding back. Get enough ignore counts (ridiculous amounts obviously for trolls testing the limits) and your posts text become greyed and avatars restricted or funny one assigned to you etc.... globally.

It would be used more for entertainment than administrative as it wouldn't ban anyone or completely automatically block out posts. Just for fun really.

I've never felt the need to put anyone on ignore.... It's just as easy to glaze right over those who you disagree with. However, I doubt those who are placed on ignore by many even know it or even care the way it is now. If anything it would be an entertaining if not funny addition for kicks.

...just a wacky suggestion I though I'd throw into the pot.

RunByDesign
07-24-2004, 07:12 PM
I find it far more stimulating to just deal with the person whom you wish to ignore.

Sharpen your skill of communicative dialogue.

Makes life interesting...seriously. :saywhat:

Bronco Yoda
07-24-2004, 07:43 PM
No offense RBD but think for a moment what you just wrote.... communicate & deal with those who you wish to IGNORE!

I think that would be considered an OXYMORON by most. Ok maybe an INTERESTING oxymoron.... but an oxymoron nevertheless in this life.... NO?

sorry, just struck me as a funny..... my bad.

RunByDesign
07-24-2004, 07:45 PM
No offense RBD but think for a moment what you just wrote.... communicate & deal with those who you wish to IGNORE!

I think that would be considered an OXYMORON by most. Ok maybe an INTERESTING oxymoron.... but an oxymoron nevertheless in this life.... NO?

sorry, just struck me as a funny..... my bad.

I should have said: "deal with those I am considering ignoring.."

:clown:

watermock
07-25-2004, 10:59 AM
You should of just sat down in the dunce corner.

RunByDesign
07-25-2004, 03:31 PM
You should of just sat down in the dunce corner.
Weak...like most of your smack. ^

Rascal
08-26-2004, 08:31 AM
I just wanted to let everybody know that the ignore feature has been updated. Once someone goes on ignore, the only way you'll be able to read them is if someone else quotes them.

You'll no longer be able to see threads that they start... You'll no longer see a prompt to read their posts. They'll simply disappear.

For a forum like this, the more control I give you to sculpt your board experience, the better, IMO.

Have at it.

I only have two chief trolls on ignore freak and roy, but I still want to be able to read the threads that sometimes they start just not their messages to hear some of the smack my fellow bronco fans are laying down.

Is there a way you add an option of viewing threads they start but not their messages?

TheManeMan
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
I only have two chief trolls on ignore freak and roy, but I still want to be able to read the threads that sometimes they start just not their messages to hear some of the smack my fellow bronco fans are laying down.

Is there a way you add an option of viewing threads they start but not their messages?

Life would just be better if the Trolls couldnt create any threads, only being able to post on them...We Broncos fans should be the only ones IMO to start a thread...