PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to Make Moves for Eli Manning?

OleNumber7
10-25-2017, 06:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vd6xA8zQkc

rmsanger
10-25-2017, 06:13 PM
Hard hard hard pass.

JohnnySunshine
10-25-2017, 06:58 PM
Hard hard hard pass.

Agreed. Just lose the rest of the games this year and get Rosen in the draft.

Ragnar
10-25-2017, 07:01 PM
I'd rather we sold the farm for Mahones than Manning 3.0

socalorado
10-25-2017, 07:18 PM

Who is Mahones?

qbronco
10-25-2017, 07:23 PM
Who is Mahones?

Cajones?

Ragnar
10-25-2017, 07:24 PM
Who is Mahones?

My bad. Mahomes

socalorado
10-25-2017, 07:29 PM
My bad. Mahomes

Cahones. He's good too. DEN should draft him. Hilarious!

Big Cheeze
10-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Cajones?

I'd be good with having a QB that actually had Cajones

TonyR
10-25-2017, 08:08 PM
My bad. Mahomes

He's a division rival's QBOTF. How would he possibly even be a consideration?

4Horsemen
10-25-2017, 08:12 PM
why do posters think PFMs lil brother wants and will fill his shoes? makes zero sense.

qbronco
10-25-2017, 08:35 PM
I'd be good with having a QB that actually had Cajones

Si, senor!

Guess Who
10-25-2017, 08:41 PM
I say go for it..... Denver has a great defense, need a QB to make the playoff push. The guy has two SB trophies AGAINST the PATS.

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2017, 08:44 PM
If the Manning family wants Eli in Denver, a trade will happen (if Elway, of course, wants Manning). I can see Elway trading for Eli by sending TS and a pick or two to NY. Elway now has a vet QB who can execute McCoys entire offense, a young QB in Kelly to groom and Elway can even draft a QB if he wants. One thing about Eli is he stays healthy, even with subpar offensive lines. But Elway can continue to improve the oline.

Guess Who
10-25-2017, 08:46 PM
why do posters think PFMs lil brother wants and will fill his shoes? makes zero sense.

Leaving the struggling Giants for Denver makes zero sense?? Really?? Think about it....

Guess Who
10-25-2017, 08:47 PM
If the Manning family wants Eli in Denver, a trade will happen (if Elway, of course, wants Manning). I can see Elway trading for Eli by sending TS and a pick or two to NY. Elway now has a vet QB who can execute McCoys entire offense, a young QB in Kelly to groom and Elway can even draft a QB if he wants. One thing about Eli is he stays healthy, even with subpar offensive lines. But Elway can continue to improve the oline.

I am starting to touch myself

Johnykbr
10-25-2017, 08:47 PM
If this could happen I would hope we would jump on it. Eli with a great defense equals superbowls. And he gives Brady nightmares.

4Horsemen
10-25-2017, 08:51 PM
Leaving the struggling Giants for Denver makes zero sense?? Really?? Think about it....

coming to a team your older brother played for and went to 2 SBs with and those AFCCGs vs NE and the records and he has been in the NFC his entire career...i am just saying, sure anything is possible but didn't PFM and Elway part on not the greatest of terms?

but back to my point, no i would not want to end my career where my brother ended his. but that is me.

Agamemnon
10-25-2017, 09:00 PM
Gross.

Ragnar
10-25-2017, 09:10 PM
He's a division rival's QBOTF. How would he possibly even be a consideration?

Alex Smith is suddenly playing lights out, and has enough years in the tank that Mahomes will pass his QBOTF prime if Alex Smith even plays at 75% of this ability.

Strike while the Iron is hot and get him at the discount versus overpaying for him after 4 years on the bench and then watching a conflict of training make him useless.

The Horse
10-25-2017, 09:31 PM
He immediately makes us a better team. I hope this happens.

JCMElway
10-25-2017, 09:33 PM

Mahoneco.

Ray Finkle
10-25-2017, 09:38 PM
He’s lost a lot of arm strength, pass

orinjkrush
10-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Pipe dreams.

Pony Boy
10-25-2017, 09:53 PM
We need to play Lynch the second half of the season to see what he has before showing him the door but I have high hopes for Kelly.

Tombstone RJ
10-25-2017, 10:17 PM
We need to play Lynch the second half of the season to see what he has before showing him the door but I have high hopes for Kelly.

I totally forgot about Lynch in my above post on trading for Manning... lulzzz

ghwk
10-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Cahones. He's good too. DEN should draft him. Hilarious!

Cahones to Butt?

ghwk
10-25-2017, 10:20 PM
I am starting to touch myself

Down boy, down lol. Hilarious!

Jason in LA
10-25-2017, 10:26 PM
Can he play RT?

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2017, 10:32 PM
LOL

Guess Who
10-25-2017, 11:02 PM
coming to a team your older brother played for and went to 2 SBs with and those AFCCGs vs NE and the records and he has been in the NFC his entire career...i am just saying, sure anything is possible but didn't PFM and Elway part on not the greatest of terms?

but back to my point, no i would not want to end my career where my brother ended his. but that is me.

Eli ain't no coward. He won't be scared or intimidated by what his brother did here. it is about legacy building and no other team in need of a QB is as good as Denver.

Besides he gets a ring in Denver he has three and Peyton only has two!!

ZONA
10-25-2017, 11:31 PM
I seriously doubt you would see a trade like this at almost mid-season. No way, ain't gonna happen. Maybe, MAYBE, if we had a bye week here soon you could see that, but since we've already had one, nope. Another loss, or 2 or 3 and the playoffs are all but shot anyway so what would be the point of doing it not.

Enter The Dragon
10-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Eli is a damn good QB. How old though?

uplink
10-26-2017, 12:40 AM
Do it ASP if can get him

uplink
10-26-2017, 12:48 AM
Doesn't Eli have a no trade clause in his contract? So he'd have to agree to working something out if his dad and brother can talk him into playing for the broncos

Enter The Dragon
10-26-2017, 12:49 AM
Life must be pretty good for Eagles fans. They have a young badass QBOTF. That's the optimal sitch for us.

Guess Who
10-26-2017, 03:55 AM
Eli is a damn good QB. How old though?

Same draft as Rivers and Rapistberger

Guess Who
10-26-2017, 04:00 AM
NFL.com has Eli on the trading block

Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
The 1-6 Giants have to think about what's next under center. With the team going nowhere in 2017 and zooming toward a high pick in the draft, it feels as if New York's long-lived attachment to Eli is in its final stages.

Manning has laughed off the trade speculation: "Why people think I would leave or want to leave or the Giants want to trade me ... I don't get caught up in [the rumors], I don't think about 'em. I got one job and that's playing quarterback for the New York Giants."

POTENTIAL LANDING SPOT: Jacksonville Jaguars

With Tom Coughlin manning the controls in Jacksonville, bringing Manning down south would serve as a fascinating latter-day chapter to the signal caller's career. Suddenly, Manning would be surrounded by a dominant defense and punishing ground game -- the same formula that triggered a pair of Super Bowl wins in New York.

Blake Bortles shined in Sunday's win over the Colts, but that's one week of work. This position must be upgraded in the offseason, but the Coughlin-Manning connection paves the way for a more immediate -- albeit

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000866182/article/nfl-trade-deadline-seven-viable-playerteam-pairings

ortonhearsaboo
10-26-2017, 05:47 AM
Alex Smith is suddenly playing lights out, and has enough years in the tank that Mahomes will pass his QBOTF prime if Alex Smith even plays at 75% of this ability.

Strike while the Iron is hot and get him at the discount versus overpaying for him after 4 years on the bench and then watching a conflict of training make him useless.lol

Strip Sacked
10-26-2017, 06:54 AM
Is it too late to call up Brett Favre?

champhalloffamer
10-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Eli on the Jags and they would be the biggest threat to New England in the AFC. Eli at is worse is better than the corpse playing QB for the Jags. Bortles is one of the few QBs even Trevor is better than. Elway and the Manning family are not on the best of terms so i dont think its a reality to Denver. The Manning family were pissed when Elway wanted Manning to take a paycut and also when Elway wanted to stick with Brock in 2015. Kubiak went with is gut and brought Manning back which is the main decision in us winning SB50.

TonyR
10-26-2017, 08:57 AM

Strike while the Iron is hot and get him at the discount versus overpaying for him after 4 years on the bench and then watching a conflict of training make him useless.

There's almost zero chance this trade could happen within the division.

Rabb
10-26-2017, 09:01 AM
He would be an immediate improvement.

socalorado
10-26-2017, 09:27 AM
Life must be pretty good for Eagles fans. They have a young badass QBOTF. That's the optimal sitch for us.

OK. So who then? Who does DEN draft?
And don't give us a whole bunch of names.
Name the QB you believe DEN needs to draft.

Breaker
10-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Agreed. Just lose the rest of the games this year and get Rosen in the draft.

Already have too many wins. Sign Cousins and draft Sequin Barkley

Maleficent
10-26-2017, 09:54 AM
Sure, why not. Heís a Manning. 😏

Also heís 36 and will turn 37 in January.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-26-2017, 09:56 AM
Already have too many wins. Sign Cousins and draft Sequin Barkley

Sequin!

champhalloffamer
10-26-2017, 11:00 AM

Baker Mayfield. I hope we get a top vet Brees or Cousins if not a flyer on McCarron or Bridgewater and take Mayfield at the end of the 1st.

Requiem
10-26-2017, 11:08 AM
Sequin!

SanJey Borkchop!

FireFly
10-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Eli has had a rough couple of years on a bad team. Send him here and we're SB contenders next year. Same applies if we get any top 15 QB

Guess Who
10-26-2017, 05:38 PM
Baker Mayfield. I hope we get a top vet Brees or Cousins if not a flyer on McCarron or Bridgewater and take Mayfield at the end of the 1st.

I agree, who knows if McCarron or Bridgewater are even as good as Oz/Trevor.

DENVERDUI55
10-26-2017, 05:49 PM
How long until the local media mentions that Eli was at Denver airport today?

Quoydogs
10-26-2017, 06:17 PM

Link ? You've got to be ****ing with me

Enter The Dragon
10-26-2017, 07:39 PM

For me, these are the scenarious from best to worse:
1. Paxton or Kelly ascends into a good to great QB. Cap stays lower and we keep our draft picks. Siemian is drowning and Brent isn't good.
2. Bite the bullet and sign Cousins. We may lose someone, but we will contend immediately and have good/great QB play for close to 10 years. We keep our draft picks.
3. Trade for Eli/Brees and hopefully contend for the short term. Lose pick(s). Cap is high.
4. If Kelly and Paxton bomb, go back to the draft with a high pick. Maybe Rosen or Jackson. Wait for development for a year or 2 again. Cap stays decent, use high draft pick, D gets older.
5. Go all H.A.M. like when Shanny couldn't draft a corner to save his life and drafted 4 in the same year.

Any other scenarios? And who's your fav QB prosect?

FireFly
10-26-2017, 07:53 PM

lol fake news :kiss:

El Guapo
10-26-2017, 11:05 PM
Tone Romes

socalorado
10-26-2017, 11:17 PM
For me, these are the scenarious from best to worse:
1. Paxton or Kelly ascends into a good to great QB. Cap stays lower and we keep our draft picks. Siemian is drowning and Brent isn't good.
2. Bite the bullet and sign Cousins. We may lose someone, but we will contend immediately and have good/great QB play for close to 10 years. We keep our draft picks.
3. Trade for Eli/Brees and hopefully contend for the short term. Lose pick(s). Cap is high.
4. If Kelly and Paxton bomb, go back to the draft with a high pick. Maybe Rosen or Jackson. Wait for development for a year or 2 again. Cap stays decent, use high draft pick, D gets older.
5. Go all H.A.M. like when Shanny couldn't draft a corner to save his life and drafted 4 in the same year.

Any other scenarios? And who's your fav QB prosect?

Nice.
I like 2. It's the best long term/short term answer. It puts to rest the discussion and we can all move the F on.
As for prospects. I think DEN will be in a 5-10 position. I don't like Rosen or Jackson. Rosen is an overrated idiot, and Jackson could end up being a better WR in the NFL. Jackson is a one read spread guy. Just like Paxil.

I do think folks need to check out the guy I think has been flying under the radar. Clayton Thorson. This kid could be the "Wentz" of this draft. Huge. 6-4 225. Rocket arm. Big arm. Can make all the throws. Has wheels and can run and does so all the time. Big and physical. Runs like Tebow at times. And he's a leader. Scouts love his maturity and leadership. He's a high character guy with all the tangibles. Plays at Northwestern, and is he best player on the team, so he tries to do everything at times. I've watched 3 Northwestern games this year just cause they were playing top tier teams, and they are all on at 9AM for me, so I just sat back and started analyzing this kid. He's got it. He has really good mechanics, good footwork and he plays in a pro style system. His one big negative to me is he tries to place the ball at times instead of just throwing a laser and hitting his receiver in the chest. For a guy who has a big arm, he under throws the ball occasionally.

Traveler
10-29-2017, 11:37 AM
I do think folks need to check out the guy I think has been flying under the radar. Clayton Thorson. This kid could be the "Wentz" of this draft. Huge. 6-4 225. Rocket arm. Big arm. Can make all the throws. Has wheels and can run and does so all the time. Big and physical. Runs like Tebow at times. And he's a leader. Scouts love his maturity and leadership. He's a high character guy with all the tangibles. Plays at Northwestern, and is he best player on the team, so he tries to do everything at times. I've watched 3 Northwestern games this year just cause they were playing top tier teams, and they are all on at 9AM for me, so I just sat back and started analyzing this kid. He's got it. He has really good mechanics, good footwork and he plays in a pro style system. His one big negative to me is he tries to place the ball at times instead of just throwing a laser and hitting his receiver in the chest. For a guy who has a big arm, he under throws the ball occasionally.

What type of offense are they running? Spread or Pro style? Hopefully Pro.

Hamrob
10-29-2017, 04:37 PM
It's not getting Eli...it's making the decision to go get Eli and pay him $15-$20m a year.

Eli for $10m....sure. Eli for $20m....you would have to be very sure.

socalorado
10-29-2017, 04:40 PM
What type of offense are they running? Spread or Pro style? Hopefully Pro.

Pro Style.

DENVERDUI55
10-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Link ? You've got to be ****ing with me

Out visiting his bro on bye week.

TonyR
11-06-2017, 05:14 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He may be the Giants QB for 2017, but where will Eli Manning play in 2018? <a href="https://t.co/NnwCCgVbsi">https://t.co/NnwCCgVbsi</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/927671834866323457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Requiem
11-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Eli Manning can be our QB if he plays for $92 a game.

BroncoSojia
11-06-2017, 05:25 PM
Eli Manning is done. We don't need another stop-gap QB anyway.

Rohirrim
11-06-2017, 05:28 PM
We need a QB who knows how to run...

for his life.

Requiem
11-06-2017, 05:31 PM
We need a QB who knows how to run...

for his life.

https://media.tenor.com/images/a1f31bf009491f3a4f7cc6fdb45fd9ae/tenor.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/JZBJ8vYLTE4Wk/giphy.gif

maven
11-07-2017, 10:01 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He may be the Giants QB for 2017, but where will Eli Manning play in 2018? <a href="https://t.co/NnwCCgVbsi">https://t.co/NnwCCgVbsi</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/927671834866323457?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 6, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a lot of teams that need QB’s

Eli Manning is done. We don't need another stop-gap QB anyway.

A stop gap led this team to two SB appearances

Plummer led the team to the AFC Championship

4Horsemen
11-07-2017, 10:14 AM
unless the oline is improved dramatically, no thanks. we would hate him hear. in ny, as a joke, they play the andy griffith show whistling theme under his recorded comments.

i think we need a different energy here, a bit more lively so VJ can destroy that too.

Brohemoth
11-07-2017, 10:15 AM
This would be my worst nightmare. The statue quarterback is extinct after Brady.

peacepipe
11-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Nice.
I like 2. It's the best long term/short term answer. It puts to rest the discussion and we can all move the F on.
As for prospects. I think DEN will be in a 5-10 position. I don't like Rosen or Jackson. Rosen is an overrated idiot, and Jackson could end up being a better WR in the NFL. Jackson is a one read spread guy. Just like Paxil.

Heís another Trevor Siemian type QB. He has 10 Td but also has 11 interceptions. Rocket arm but has issues under throwing balls.Pass.

socalorado
11-07-2017, 10:28 AM
Heís another Trevor Siemian type QB. He has 10 Td but also has 11 interceptions. Rocket arm but has issues under throwing balls.Pass.

How is he Seimian? He's literally the POLAR OPPOSITE of Seimian.
Name one player on the team that going to be drafted other than Thorson.
Yeah, no one. He's on his own. And they still win.
All of the scouts and draft experts have pointed out, Thorson tries to do too much. His INT's are a product of trying to do too much with very little. Northwestern has beaten teams they had no business beating and they did it solely because of Thorson.
He's being looked at as a 1st round pick. He has all of the tools.
He reminds me of Jake Locker coming out of college. Big arm, big kid, big potential, but does it translate into NFL franchise QB?
What I do think will happen is Thorson and Allen are going to have very good combines and that it going to blow up the draft. they both are being prepped by very good coaches and Thorson is being prepped by Peyton Manning the last 2 offseasons.
Just my 2 cents.

BroncoBeavis
11-07-2017, 10:38 AM
How is he Seimian? He's literally the POLAR OPPOSITE of Seimian.

He meant like the Rocket Armed Siemian variant.

uplink
11-07-2017, 10:39 AM
get Eli,he gives broncos a shot at another SB which is all that really matters.

BroncoBeavis
11-07-2017, 10:40 AM
You'd have to take Eli in a heartbeat given the mess we're in.

TonyR
11-07-2017, 10:41 AM
I like how people dismiss Eli, as if we have a lot of better options, and as if he wouldn't be a massive upgrade over what we have now. Beggars. Choosers. We're the former much more than the latter.

TonyR
11-07-2017, 10:42 AM

Here's how bad it is: I was watching the Dolphins on Monday night thinking about how much better things would be if Elway has signed Jay Cutler.

socalorado
11-07-2017, 10:48 AM
He meant like the Rocket Armed Siemian variant.

You know, I just did some quick price comparisons, and their not that expensive! Really affordable and if Seimian wants a career, its all their for him.
https://i2.wp.com/blog.cavedu.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/0EGbJbdCn3MrAUVyYxW8Zw.jpg?fit=500%2C333

DENVERDUI55
11-07-2017, 10:53 AM
Here's how bad it is: I was watching the Dolphins on Monday night thinking about how much better things would be if Elway has signed Jay Cutler.

Not much better. He has been horrible this year. He played good in a loss but the Dolphins offense under him has been horrendous and similar to Denvers.

extralife
11-07-2017, 05:02 PM
He reminds me of Jake Locker coming out of college.

now there's a way to sell someone

TonyR
11-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Not much better. He has been horrible this year. He played good in a loss but the Dolphins offense under him has been horrendous and similar to Denvers.

He does suck. But he went 34/42 311 3 TD against the Raiders. None of our QB's can remotely touch a performance like that. But, Miami's O-line protected him considerably better than our O-line would have.

DENVERDUI55
11-07-2017, 05:30 PM
He does suck. But he went 34/42 311 3 TD against the Raiders. None of our QB's can remotely touch a performance like that. But, Miami's O-line protected him considerably better than our O-line would have.

That was a classic Cutler line. Good numbers in a loss to one of the worst defenses in football. Miami had a stretch of scoring 6 points in 2 games under the frown cannon. No thanks

TonyR
11-07-2017, 06:18 PM
That was a classic Cutler line. Good numbers in a loss to one of the worst defenses in football. Miami had a stretch of scoring 6 points in 2 games under the frown cannon. No thanks

High completion percentage. High yardage. Scoring. No turnovers. Four things you can't say for any of our starters. Again, I know he sucks. But he sucks less than Siemian and Osweiler. That's what a disaster our situation is. Trash is an upgrade for us.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2017, 06:46 PM
I like how people dismiss Eli, as if we have a lot of better options, and as if he wouldn't be a massive upgrade over what we have now. Beggars. Choosers. We're the former much more than the latter.

Eli is no better than Siemian now. Their numbers and QBRs are nearly identical the last two seasons.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2017, 06:50 PM

You must not have watched many Giants games the last two seasons. He's totally washed up. Not any better than what we have.

LikeABoss5820
11-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Eli's been ok this year given the injuries, but i doubt they move him with no replacement in sight.

socalorado
11-07-2017, 07:12 PM
now there's a way to sell someone

You know if I knock off some of the rust proofing, I can get you into this Jake Thorson.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2017, 07:15 PM
Eli's been ok this year given the injuries, but i doubt they move him with no replacement in sight.

No, he hasn't been okay, even factoring in injuries. Watch their last game. He missed three open TDs that could have kept the game competitive. He's dreadful, and has been for a couple seasons now.

TonyR
11-07-2017, 07:53 PM
You must not have watched many Giants games the last two seasons. He's totally washed up. Not any better than what we have.

I've admittedly not watched them much. But, I know their O-line is a mess and they have no skill position players. So it's not like he has much to work with. And they beat us at home.

BroncoInferno
11-07-2017, 09:44 PM
I've admittedly not watched them much. But, I know their O-line is a mess and they have no skill position players. So it's not like he has much to work with. And they beat us at home.

You think our OL is much better than theirs? And what's the excuse for last season when Eli actually finished lower than Siemian in QBR? He's done.

BroncoBeavis
11-07-2017, 10:07 PM
You think our OL is much better than theirs? And what's the excuse for last season when Eli actually finished lower than Siemian in QBR? He's done.

He's also down his two best receivers. And they can't run.

Not a pat hand he got dealt.

Punisher
11-08-2017, 07:59 AM
Another wasted season if Eli comes to Denver

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2017, 08:04 AM
Another wasted season if Eli comes to Denver

Only more guaranteed if he didn't.

Punisher
11-08-2017, 08:07 AM
Only more guaranteed if he didn't.

Kirk Cousins or Luck. The players will play for either QB. Theyíll give up on Eli midway through the season

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Kirk Cousins or Luck. The players will play for either QB. Theyíll give up on Eli midway through the season

I'd take a healthy Luck, but until that's a presented realistic possibility, that's just nothing.

I don't want to wrap a franchise contract into Cousins. Eli would much likely be a short-term commitment, assuming the Giants are ready to move on.

Punisher
11-08-2017, 09:47 AM
I'd take a healthy Luck, but until that's a presented realistic possibility, that's just nothing.

I don't want to wrap a franchise contract into Cousins. Eli would much likely be a short-term commitment, assuming the Giants are ready to move on.

I hope Elway doesnít take the Eli route

fontaine
11-08-2017, 10:04 AM

Yeah, and we would be in a bidding war for Cousins anyway with maybe multiple teams like the Jags, Colts (if Luck doesn't recover), and so on. I don't think he signs for anything less than Stafford money.

fontaine
11-08-2017, 10:05 AM
I hope Elway doesnít take the Eli route

Man, we could end up having no choice.

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Yeah, and we would be in a bidding war for Cousins anyway with maybe multiple teams like the Jags, Colts (if Luck doesn't recover), and so on. I don't think he signs for anything less than Stafford money.

Right. If we've learned anything over the last few years, FA isn't about pure market value. It's about battling with the league's lowest common denominator with more cap space than brains.

fontaine
11-08-2017, 10:08 AM
Right. If we've learned anything over the last few years, FA isn't about pure market value. It's about battling with the league's lowest common denominator with more cap space than brains.

Really depends which position/role you're trying to fill.

R-Mac
11-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Eli Manning would be a good QB for the Broncos. He can play for 2-3 years. Maybe in 2-3 years, Paxton Lynch will know where the film room is located and will finally be NFL ready.

socalorado
11-08-2017, 11:08 AM
Eli Manning would be a good QB for the Broncos. He can play for 2-3 years. Maybe in 2-3 years, Paxton Lynch will know where the film room is located and will finally be NFL ready.

https://media.giphy.com/media/js3SsYYvMiWLC/200.gif

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Better hit on RT G TE RB in 18. Tall order when we have done bad drafting O. I don't think we are in the shape team coaches wise to go Cousins Eli Luck type move in 18.

kappys
11-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Pass. QBs playing till they are 40 and doing t well are the exception not the rule. Eli isn't another farve or Brady and he never was

socalorado
11-08-2017, 11:53 AM
Pass. QBs playing till they are 40 and doing t well are the exception not the rule. Eli isn't another farve or Brady and he never was

If the NYG want to move on, why would DEN want him?
I mean, I get that there's always an exception and his brother was it.
DEN has 3 choices.
HEALTHY LUCK
COUSINS
DRAFT A QB

BroncoBeavis
11-08-2017, 12:00 PM
If the NYG want to move on, why would DEN want him?
I mean, I get that there's always an exception and his brother was it.
DEN has 3 choices.
HEALTHY LUCK
COUSINS
DRAFT A QB

Well, the same basic conditions are in play. A very high draft pick in what some bill as a deep class. Not much cap space. Likely rebuild.

The biggest difference is there's not a Luck-caliber day 1 starter out there. So it's more likely they keep Manning on for a year or two to play in front.

But if Manning isn't feeling that, he may push to move on and that's when we might have a shot.

socalorado
11-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Well, the same basic conditions are in play. A very high draft pick in what some bill as a deep class. Not much cap space. Likely rebuild.

The biggest difference is there's not a Luck-caliber day 1 starter out there. So it's more likely they keep Manning on for a year or two to play in front.

But if Manning isn't feeling that, he may push to move on and that's when we might have a shot.

Don't want that shot.
Would rather go younger and proven, (Luck-Cousins) or just go get Darnold-Mayfield and start over.

FireFly
11-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Don't want that shot.
Would rather go younger and proven, (Luck-Cousins) or just go get Darnold-Mayfield and start over.

Luck if 100% healthy can be a top 5 QB. So there's that.

Cousins... The Mane won't like Cousins. I can just imagine the endless negativity already.

Regarding starting over, we can't draft QBs to save our life so doesn't feel like a great option sad as that is at the moment.

NFLBRONCO
11-08-2017, 10:41 PM
Over summer 2017 I"d say Cousins Luck

Right now I think we should start over forget wasting 25 mil when O has so many holes that Cousins and no more Luck would even mask.

Enter The Dragon
11-09-2017, 12:26 AM
Luck may never play again, Cousins is hella loot, Manning can play, is clutch and would take less cap space imo. Honestly, this feels like a coach fired, a high QB taken even if we gotta trade up; and the end of an era as we know it.

Enter The Dragon
11-09-2017, 12:28 AM
If we go Manning, let's draft a QB high and set ourselves up for the future. Done with theses scrubs. Also, make a few changes in the coaching staff starting at the top.

Castinkas
11-09-2017, 12:40 AM
I've been saying Eli before Peyton retired. However, Bradford will be a free agent and I could see Elway going that route if Lynch doesn't pan out the rest of this season. I think Elway will try to bring in a vet qb and use the draft to fill the many holes on the roster.

Enter The Dragon
11-09-2017, 12:49 AM
I've been saying Eli before Peyton retired. However, Bradford will be a free agent and I could see Elway going that route if Lynch doesn't pan out the rest of this season. I think Elway will try to bring in a vet qb and use the draft to fill the many holes on the roster.

Ouch. Bradford gets hurt at his home pouring a glass of water.

socalorado
11-09-2017, 09:01 AM

If Elway trades for Bradford, he should be immediately fired.
And probably will be.

Maleficent
11-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Going to see Eli this Sunday when they play against 9ers.

Game is gonna be.....😴 haha

Agamemnon
11-09-2017, 11:21 AM
I’d rather have Alex Smith...

69bronco
11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
I doubt Eli would want to come to Denver.

wicked bronco
11-09-2017, 02:55 PM
The Broncos should go after Luck, Cousins and maybe Alex Smith. Luck would need to be healthy of course.

t-diddy
11-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Iíd rather have Alex Smith...
^^This^^
Whoever it is needs to be mobile... Eli and Bradford would be sitting ducks behind our o-line.

FireFly
11-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I doubt Eli would want to come to Denver.

He would come if we were a good team. If we were a QB away, Eli strikes me as someone who cares about legacy and winning.

Cousins wants to get paid and so he should.

Smith falls somewhere in between just imo.

Luck requires a trade, some luck and a lot of money.

TNF
11-10-2017, 04:37 PM
And probably will be.

Who exactly would "fire" Elway? Who currently has more power than he does?

PB is out.

strafen
11-10-2017, 06:01 PM
Luck: he's proven to be injury prone, and with the state of our OL he soon will retire for medical reasons if he had to play for us.
Bradford: Really? I mean, really? WTF is wrong with you?
Alex Smith: See Bradford :nono:
Eli Manning: I just think he's burnt out in NY. He's still a good QB has not had good support around him other than one-trick type ponies around him here and there, plus he has played in one of the toughest division in football.
Give me Eli over any of the scrubs above

I know I'm going to be attacked for this, but here we go...I like to see Siemian under a different OC. We've gotten the misfortune to be stuck with impostors at the OC job ever since Adam Gase left.
There I've said it, flame away! :laugh:

peacepipe
11-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Luck: he's proven to be injury prone, and with the state of our OL he soon will retire for medical reasons if he had to play for us.
Eli Manning: I just think he's burnt out in NY. He's still a good QB has not had good support around him other than one-trick type ponies around him here and there, plus he has played in one of the toughest division in football.

I know I'm going to be attacked for this, but here we go...I like to see Siemian under a different OC. We've gotten the misfortune to be stuck with impostors at the OC job ever since Adam Gase left.
Siemian would suck under any OC. Heís not an NFL starting QB. He fell to the 7th rd for a reason.

socalorado
11-10-2017, 06:43 PM
And probably will be.

Who exactly would "fire" Elway? Who currently has more power than he does?

PB is out.

Good point. I guess I would have to drive out to Denver and put my size 13 steel toes on and kick his dumb &$$ out of Dove Valley.
Hilarious!

TheLegendReturns
11-10-2017, 06:50 PM

Ummm... I am taking Alex Smith and his 18 TDS/ 1 INT, 70% completion percentage, running threat any day.

He has posted 95.1 QBR in his career with KC.

I don't get why people rag on him so hard. Dude can play and is smart.

strafen
11-10-2017, 07:13 PM
Ummm... I am taking Alex Smith and his 18 TDS/ 1 INT, 70% completion percentage, running threat any day.

No shyat!
I still remember people at the beginning of the season comparing Siemian to Alex Smith as in a derogatory manner, now Alex Smith is all world?
Who knew that people on the mane are all about what have you done for me lately?

DENVERDUI55
11-10-2017, 07:59 PM

We all know it's smoke in the mirrors and the ceiling is a playoff win at best.

bombquixote
11-11-2017, 08:08 AM
Don't buy a vet QB
Trade up to the first or second spot and draft a QB
Start him from the get go
Let two of the three QBs on the roster go.
Keep one as a backup, probably Osweiller.

qbronco
11-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Don't buy a vet QB
Trade up to the first or second spot and draft a QB
Start him from the get go
Let two of the three QBs on the roster go.
Keep one as a backup, probably Osweiller.

Sadly, John Elway and Co. would probably screw this up, too. Canít draft a QB to save their ass.

4Horsemen
11-11-2017, 08:40 AM
Itís now apparent to me Smith would suck if he were here. His skills would not be utilized to full potential. We are missing a TE (Butt?) and a versatile halfback - to start.

Eli, no thanks. Rather draft a kid and start him from game 1.

bombquixote
11-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Sadly, John Elway and Co. would probably screw this up, too. Canít draft a QB to save their ass.

There are a couple of obvious possibilities in this draft. They need to roll the dice.

socalorado
11-11-2017, 12:03 PM
There are a couple of obvious possibilities in this draft. They need to roll the dice.

http://i2.wp.com/www.sanclementetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Darnold.jpg?resize=424%2C282

bombquixote
11-11-2017, 12:49 PM
http://i2.wp.com/www.sanclementetimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Darnold.jpg?resize=424%2C282

That's one.

Old Dude
11-11-2017, 02:34 PM
Lynch is sounding like more of a bust every day and I see no reason to be very excited about Kelly - a guy who couldn't even get on the field this year, has maturity issues and who will probably take two years to get up to speed even if he proves capable. If we're going that route, we should have just kept Sloter, who at least had success in preseason.

First round QBs in the draft have a fairly high bust rate, and another swing and miss there will drop Denver into the lower ranks for another three years. I have very little confidence in our scouting staff (and Elway) when it comes to offensive players.

We need major help on the o-line and some of that is going to have to come in F/A. We're not going to be able to afford Cousins.

It sucks.

BroncoSojia
11-11-2017, 03:51 PM

Stop trying to make Siemian happen. It's not going to happen.

SleepingTiger
11-11-2017, 03:55 PM

This is stupid. How many qb have they drafted high? How many teams have gone decades and have drafted qb in the top five and failures. Franchise qb donít grow on trees. And when youíre drafting low in the 1st rd and in the 2nd your chances are that much tougher.

qbronco
11-11-2017, 04:14 PM
This is stupid. How many qb have they drafted high? How many teams have gone decades and have drafted qb in the top five and failures. Franchise qb donít grow on trees. And when youíre drafting low in the 1st rd and in the 2nd your chances are that much tougher.

I donít give a **** about other bottom-dwelling teams. Until Elway and scouts get it figured out, my point still stands.

SleepingTiger
11-11-2017, 08:00 PM
I donít give a **** about other bottom-dwelling teams. Until Elway and scouts get it figured out, my point still stands.

Name me a team that consistently drafted good qb late in the first round and beyond.

DENVERDUI55
11-11-2017, 08:09 PM

It takes luck if you haven't figured that out. I'm not even going to explain it because I think you know how hard it is to get a franchise QB.

PIVX
11-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Name me a team that consistently drafted good ______ late in the first round and beyond.

fixed