PDA

View Full Version : After game thoughts

jklb234
10-22-2017, 04:32 PM
1st game I've been to on 10 years. Hats off to broncos fans. Had to be 75 percent broncos fans. Great job. This was not an away game atmosphere.

Special teams - they stink. Stop running out the ball and not getting past the 15. Allowing special teams td was garbage. Our punter stinks. He was outkicked by the chargers punter by 15 yards every time.

Offense - I don't know where our crappy oline ends and crappy Trevor begins but Trevor is not good. Time to move on. He wants it and he plays hard but he's just not the guy.

Defense - gave up 14 points. Not bad. They just don't seem to force the turnovers like they used to.

Refs - chargers got a whole lotta calls and we didn't. No excuses though. In the end we are not a playoff team. What a difference 3 weeks makes

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2017, 04:37 PM
**** this team. That was another home loss to a mediocre team. Joseph,McCoy and Joe I ****ing suck woods do not deserve to be employed in the NFL.

bpc
10-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the True fans for making your presence there. I made the trek to SD last year only to get embarrassed by the same limp dick performance. The team really **** on the fans.

wolf754life
10-22-2017, 04:40 PM
Thats Too Bad

J.F.E.

Powderaddict
10-22-2017, 05:07 PM
**** this team. That was another home loss to a mediocre team. Joseph,McCoy and Joe I ****ing suck woods do not deserve to be employed in the NFL.

I dont have any issues with Woods, they held the Chargers ton14 points even after several TOs and the chargers having decent field position much of the game.

McCoy is designing plays that are getting guys open, the qb just cant get the ball to them.

VJ at this point hasn't been all that impressive.

Smiling Assassin27
10-22-2017, 05:08 PM
No kick and no scream. We're a bunch of orange and blue pussies.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 05:09 PM
I dont have any issues with Woods, they held the Chargers ton14 points even after several TOs and the chargers having decent field position much of the game.

McCoy is designing plays that are getting guys open, the qb just cant get the ball to them.

VJ at this point hasn't been all that impressive.

Yeah, it's not McCoys fault. And Woods is doing everything he can to keep morale up on the defensive side. They can't play all freaking game!!
McCoy had guys running wide open. It's on Seimian and he Oline, which are both horrific.

gunns
10-22-2017, 05:10 PM
Blah.

LikeABoss5820
10-22-2017, 05:10 PM
The defense is like top 10 in every category. The defense is fine, you cant expect a shutout every week.

If Denver had a solid QB, and RT, they'd be fine.

Regarding Joseph, not sure how much is to blame when the QB spot is so damn bad.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 05:12 PM
No kick and no scream. We're a bunch of orange and blue pussies.

I have to say they didn't seem very hype to come out to 75 percent broncos fans. Chargers were constantly jumping around and animated form the get go. They seemed more hyped.

gunns
10-22-2017, 05:13 PM
Yeah, it's not McCoys fault. And Woods is doing everything he can to keep morale up on the defensive side. They can't play all freaking game!!
McCoy had guys running wide open. It's on Seimian and he Oline, which are both horrific.

The defense is not as bad as the offense but it is not the defense we've had. VJ, Woods, and McCoy are getting a lot of scapegoating.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 05:16 PM
The defense is not as bad as the offense but it is not the defense we've had. VJ, Woods, and McCoy are getting a lot of scapegoating.

Once things go wrong, it's hard to play hard and keep the opposing team from ever having any success. Guys, the sparklers are a pretty good team.
It was 90 degrees out today in LA.
You can't just expect the D to just bail you out of EVERY game.
It's not on them. It's on the QB and the terrible O line play.
There's just no excuses.

Bigdawg26
10-22-2017, 05:20 PM
The defense is like top 10 in every category. The defense is fine, you cant expect a shutout every week.

Regarding Joseph, not sure how much is to blame when the QB spot is so damn bad.

Amen to that! Elway has not brought in any playmakers on offense. It looks like last year's offense because it is last year's offense.

My only problem with this defense is that they line up Simmons 20 yards away from the line of scrimmage. He can't make any plays because he's so far back. It's basically 10 vs 11.

jutang
10-22-2017, 05:21 PM
D just got too tired at the end. Too many 3 and outs. Plus when you know the offense needs two TDs can't blame their motivation being a little low.

TS is playing horrible football right now. Need to put Oz in or Lynch if his shoulder allows. This frankly can't continue.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Broncos had the luxury of being in the sun entire game while chargers are not. It was hot out there. D played well.

wolf754life
10-22-2017, 05:26 PM
Broncos had the luxury of being in the sun entire game while chargers are not. It was hot out there. D played well.

yeah, it was the sun...

Tonyels
10-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Osweiller 5 - 2 with same core offense & defense. Head coach & QB, can't pull the trigger.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 05:28 PM
Osweiller 5 - 2 with same core offense & defense. Head coach & QB, can't pull the trigger.

I'd say 4-3 since he shouldn't get that charger win. He's still better than simian probably

No1BroncoFan
10-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Today on Wheel of Mis-fortune.

Trevor: Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel.

Pat: Ok.

Trevor: I'd like to by an O.

Pat: Sorry Trevor. There is no O in Denver.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 05:31 PM
yeah, it was the sun...

Nah I'm just saying a defense giving its all and doing its job eventually it gets worn out.

hades
10-22-2017, 05:50 PM
yeah, it was the sun...

Solar flares

ZONA
10-22-2017, 05:57 PM
About the only positive thing about this game for the Broncos was that McManus didn't miss a single FG.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 06:00 PM
About the only positive thing about this game for the Broncos was that McManus didn't miss a single FG.

McManus was money today. I got to see him warm up a lot today from
My seats.

Old Dude
10-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Never thought I'd miss Schofield.

Cito Pelon
10-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Things The Offense Is Doing Right: Uh . . . .
Things The Offense Is Doing Wrong: Everything else.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 06:19 PM
For an offense that cannot score a point, it's amazing that a player who showed explosive promise in the preseason has one touch all year.

What is the point of TC/preseason?

jklb234
10-22-2017, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=Drunken.Broncoholic2;5092067]For an offense that cannot score a point, it's amazing that a player who showed explosive promise in the preseason has one touch all year.

What is the point of TC/preseason?[/QUOTE

The point is to see potential and then let them go or put them on the bench.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 06:31 PM
I can't believe how bad we looked the past 2 weeks.

Kaylore
10-22-2017, 06:34 PM
What bothers me is what you're seeing is what happened after VJ decided to address these issues.

"We're going to work on some things on offense."

/Broncos proceed to get worse across the board.

FML

jklb234
10-22-2017, 06:38 PM
What bothers me is what you're seeing is what happened after VJ decided to address these issues.

FML

Seriously. It keeps getting worse. This season may be toast

bpc
10-22-2017, 06:40 PM
Things i’d do starting Offseason 2018:

1. Cut DT.
2. Cut the overpriced BS we’ve signed to the OL that we’ve hyped at one point saying, “super athletic but injury prone... if he can just put it together...” Watson, Stephenson, etc.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.
4. Spend $25-30M to sign Cousins.
5. Draft RT and TE early in 2018 draft.
6. Tell Woods to implement our attacking Defense again.
7. Fire Olivo and bring in a qualified ST coach.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 06:41 PM

FML

I guess the one good aspect of this is if there were ever a year to be bad, this is the year. Lots of QBs with big time potential. Lots of really good options for superstar, offensive firepower players. So...

ColoradoDarin
10-22-2017, 06:47 PM
Things iíd do starting Offseason 2018:

1. Cut DT.
2. Cut the overpriced BS weíve signed to the OL that weíve hyped at one point saying, ďsuper athletic but injury prone... if he can just put it together...Ē Watson, Stephenson, etc.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

1. $7m dead money ($5m savings), but probably one year left ($14m savings with only $3.5m dead in 2019).
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. I'd be okay with that
5. RT and OG, gotta see what we have in Butt
6. Yes.
7. I don't know, same old same old.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 06:48 PM

1. Cut DT.
2. Cut the overpriced BS weíve signed to the OL that weíve hyped at one point saying, ďsuper athletic but injury prone... if he can just put it together...Ē Watson, Stephenson, etc.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

Yes!
And draft St Brown, Tate or Barkley in the 1st and juice the offense. Get some offensive firepower. Fill in that void from DT leaving.
Draft O line all day.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 06:50 PM

1. Cut DT.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

1 is why you aren't the GM, 15M dead cap. 2 Leary has been awesome. Bolles Paradis Leary are far above the average of NFL OLs, others yes they are trash. 3 he should've been kicked out before so I agree. 4 will never happen. Shanahan > anyone here according to Cousins. Or he stays in Wash, who's a far better team than Denver. 5 no faith in this FO drafting anyone. 6 Woods isnt great or bad. Has no creativity to apply pressure though. 7 the cocaine fiasco has ruined Olivio. He cannot function without ripping off zingers.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/demaryius-thomas/

socalorado
10-22-2017, 06:54 PM
1 is why you aren't the GM, 15M dead cap. 2 Leary has been awesome. Bolles Paradis Leary are far above the average of NFL OLs, others yes they are trash. 3 he should've been kicked out before so I agree. 4 will never happen. Shanahan > anyone here according to Cousins. Or he stays in Wash, who's a far better team than Denver. 5 no faith in this FO drafting anyone. 6 Woods isnt great or bad. Has no creativity to apply pressure though. 7 the cocaine fiasco has ruined Olivio. He cannot function without ripping off zingers.

Could you imagine if DEN had a 5-6 pick and they get Barkley? They could dump CJ and Charles. Keep Booker as the back up. Dump DT and recoup that coin. Redo Talibs deal. 2 years. And go get Cousins. Spend the coin.
Then draft a WR to replace DT. Maybe Tate FLAST in the 2nd round. Then just draft O line for the rest of the draft. Gotta hit on one of em.

bpc
10-22-2017, 07:02 PM

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/demaryius-thomas/

OTC had it at $5m after June 1 18 but that may be wrong. DT played huge today though, phew. All those plays he made.

I donít have an issue with Leary. He hasnít been great, hasnít been terrible.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 07:03 PM
OTC had it at $5m after June 1 18 but that may be wrong. DT played huge today though, phew. All those plays he made.

Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 07:05 PM

I see DT wide open all the time. Even someone posted from the stands today saying how DT was just creating space downfield all game.

Yet nothing. All year he's been getting open in space. Hard to utilize him when an inept QB can't even get it down to a slow TE.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 07:06 PM

Hasn't been great? He's leading the league in pressures given up.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-signature-stat-spotlight-pass-blocking-efficiency

Lmao at 100 in pass blocking.

qbronco
10-22-2017, 07:08 PM
I will admit I liked the VJ hire. I was wrong.

This team sorely lacks commitment, preparation, and leadership. Those things come from the top down. When a player is profoundly hurting the team, you must bench him. This coach doesnít have the heart or guts to do so. I lost all respect for VJ, today.

I will continue to support this team as I have for as long as I can remember. I will not get my hopes up, nor will I refute those who criticize our current Head Coach. Heís ultimately responsible for ruining one of the best Defensive teams in the NFL.

Iím normally a pretty optimistic person. The last two weeks have been a hard, cold slap to the face from reality. Broncos are quickly becoming one of the bottom feeders in the NFL.

ghwk
10-22-2017, 07:31 PM
Never thought I'd miss Schofield.

I was at the Quakes soccer game today looking at the box scores but this post made me very very sad.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Could you imagine if DEN had a 5-6 pick and they get Barkley? They could dump CJ and Charles. Keep Booker as the back up. Dump DT and recoup that coin. Redo Talibs deal. 2 years. And go get Cousins. Spend the coin.
Then draft a WR to replace DT. Maybe Tate FLAST in the 2nd round. Then just draft O line for the rest of the draft. Gotta hit on one of em.

Would cousins want to come here if money is all equal.

jklb234
10-22-2017, 07:43 PM
I see DT wide open all the time. Even someone posted from the stands today saying how DT was just creating space downfield all game.

Yet nothing. All year he's been getting open in space. Hard to utilize him when an inept QB can't even get it down to a slow TE.

I was at the game and simian is just not finding the guys wide open or he is underthowing and missing td possibilities

jklb234
10-22-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm going to go drown my sorrows in an in n out burger and fries.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 07:48 PM
Would cousins want to come here if money is all equal.

What do you mean? If DEN offered him the same as say, SF?
Of course. Cousins has a better chance of winning a SB with DEN than SF.
Defense is still all world. McCoy is known as a good QB, O coordinator who is open to listening to his QBs.
Imagine DEN getting RB Saquon Barkley with the 5th pick in the draft and getting Cousins in FA. F me. That's some offensive firepower upgrades.
Dump CJ. Dump DT. Use the coin to sign Cousins. Go get another big possession WR in the draft and a RT.

socalorado
10-22-2017, 07:49 PM
I'm going to go drown my sorrows in an in n out burger and fries.

I left in the third and had it!! Hilarious!

LeftCoastBronco
10-22-2017, 07:50 PM
It it McDumb**** all over again.

Agamemnon
10-22-2017, 08:09 PM

1. Cut DT.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

Sign Cousins for $30M while cutting the best receiver on the team? Congratulations, you win the Herp Derp Olympics!

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 08:12 PM
I was at the game and simian is just not finding the guys wide open or he is underthowing and missing td possibilities

That pass to Green was a joke. Had him wide open downfield and still limp dicked it to him. Green had to completely stop his route. The CB shouldn't be able to disrupt that play. He was beat.

bpc
10-22-2017, 08:22 PM

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-signature-stat-spotlight-pass-blocking-efficiency

Lmao at 100 in pass blocking.

Cool. Iíve seen multiple penalties and other plays that have contributed to our offensive issues.

Iím not even against Leary but he also has room for improvement.

What we should do is have Leary next to Bolles. Solidify one side and work to improve the other.

Enter The Dragon
10-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Oline wise, we are 1 away from being damn good. What's this dump DT ****? Cousins isn't a bad idea. Not elite, super pricey, but good and young still. Teams with good to great players at QB don't start tanking the whole season; as sad as it is to see our D ready to turn on this offense.

Bigdawg26
10-22-2017, 09:04 PM

1. Cut DT.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

I don't see why you would cut DT? It's not his fault Seimen can't get it to him.

Woods DOES need to implement our attacking Defense. He lines Simmons 20 yards back on every situation. Simmons can't make an impact if he's constantly in the prevent defense.

bpc
10-22-2017, 09:17 PM
DT is what, top 5-10 paid wideout. Do you see that type of production any more? Rarely separates, not a deep threat and his lack of physicality leaves him invisible against top tier CBs.

Yea, Trevor has sucked the last four games. DT has fumbled, ran incorrect or poor routes as well, drops passes. He is way over paid. He’s not a leader. If you have a bad qb, what’s the point of having a high paid wr?

Enter The Dragon
10-22-2017, 09:24 PM
DT is what, top 5-10 paid wideout. Do you see that type of production any more? Rarely separates, not a deep threat and his lack of physicality leaves him invisible against top tier CBs.

Yea, Trevor has sucked the last four games. DT has fumbled, ran incorrect or poor routes as well, drops passes. He is way over paid. Heís not a leader. If you have a bad qb, whatís the point of having a high paid wr?

There is as much truth to this as there is DT wanting a better QB suffers his performance. If I'm on this team, I'm curious as well having to run routes and be open for what? A Tebow 10 yards over my head pass? If i was on D, getting the ball back to a team qbd by seimianian, id be furious as well. Im only a fan and im pissed as hell

Old Dude
10-22-2017, 09:30 PM
No F/A QB in his right mind is going to sign here until the O-Line is fixed. That has to be the top priority.

TD4HOF
10-22-2017, 10:23 PM
I don't understand what the hell happened to the team that tore apart the Cowboys like a wrapped gift. We were ready to get behind Siemian, me as much as anyone.

Elway might've really **** the bed with VJ.

Agamemnon
10-22-2017, 10:27 PM
I don't understand what the hell happened to the team that tore apart the Cowboys like a wrapped gift. We were ready to get behind Siemian, me as much as anyone.

Elway might've really **** the bed with VJ.

Defenses figured out Siemian and he can't adjust. The End.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-22-2017, 10:28 PM
Cool. Iíve seen multiple penalties and other plays that have contributed to our offensive issues.

Iím not even against Leary but he also has room for improvement.

What we should do is have Leary next to Bolles. Solidify one side and work to improve the other.

I'm happy they actually found a FA OL that's paying off. We have 3 out of 5 that are pretty good. It wasn't a one year fix. Problem is we don't have a QB who can remotely make any OL better. Even average QBs are looking Ok behind some trash OLs this year.

Big Cheeze
10-22-2017, 10:38 PM

Agreed. 14 points allowed on the road. That should be an easy win like 98% of the time.

Big Cheeze
10-22-2017, 10:40 PM
I'm happy they actually found a FA OL that's paying off. We have 3 out of 5 that are pretty good. It wasn't a one year fix. Problem is we don't have a QB who can remotely make any OL better. Even average QBs are looking Ok behind some trash OLs this year.

This line right now is mediocre, but a big improvement upon last season. All those who said Siemian just needed a better line to thrive need to start eating their servings of crow.

DENVERDUI55
10-22-2017, 11:26 PM
At one point do fans admit the team isn't that good. The next time a poster says we were so good for the first 2 weeks I'm going to personally piss on them. How are people so naive?

champhalloffamer
10-23-2017, 06:08 AM
I don't see why you would cut DT? It's not his fault Seimen can't get it to him.

Woods DOES need to implement our attacking Defense. He lines Simmons 20 yards back on every situation. Simmons can't make an impact if he's constantly in the prevent defense.

Are you serious? Simmons is the FS and that's his responsibility. Stewart is playing closer to the line at SS. They are both playing well.
Do you want Woods to call Cover 0 every play and have two safeties in the box. This would be suicide and teams would put 30 or 40 points up easy. Woods is doing fine. Our problem is our pass rush is middle of the pack at the moment. No inside pressure. Wolfe is getting no pressure at all this year compared to the previous 2 seasons, still playing well in the run game. Shelby Harris's pre-season dominance has not carried over to the regular season. Once teams get tape on you and break you down that is when you can get a true picture of how good a player is in this league. Look at Siemian it took 2 weeks to get worked out.

TonyR
10-23-2017, 06:16 AM

The way you worded that... I want to make sure people understand that through week 4 he had the leagues highest pass blocking grade in the league.

2KBack
10-23-2017, 06:21 AM

Yea, Trevor has sucked the last four games. DT has fumbled, ran incorrect or poor routes as well, drops passes. He is way over paid. Heís not a leader. If you have a bad qb, whatís the point of having a high paid wr?

DT humiliated one of the top corners in the NFL on one leg last week....he can't do much else if the QB can't get him the ball.

TonyR
10-23-2017, 06:24 AM
1. Siemian is terrible. Need to bring in Osweiler just to try something different. Maybe give Siemian the first half in KC and bench bring Brock in for the 2nd half if he's not getting it done.
2. You have to be concerned about the coaching. When the team gets worse as the season goes on coaching is a large part of that. Other teams have adjusted, we haven't. Take the Pats for example. Their D was a wreck. Last night? They got it done.
3. There's no solution for this problem, but the D, as good as it is, needs to start forcing turnovers. That's what elite defenses do. This one isn't doing it. Can't understate how big turnovers are in the NFL. We're losing that battle.
4. If you weren't already worried about Elway the Infallible and the front office in general, you should be now. There's no Peyton Manning on the horizon to make you look better than you are. This organization is trending downward and it doesn't look like they have a clue how to fix it.

Rabb
10-23-2017, 06:34 AM
Cut DT? You're an idiot.

BroncoFox
10-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Defenses figured out Siemian and he can't adjust. The End.

Yup, I think this is the case. I mean.. I think Trevor would be "ok" if our line was great. But I think you have the wrong QB, when all the pieces around him have to be great for him to have success.

Rascal
10-23-2017, 07:06 AM

1. Cut DT.
3. Max Garcia, GTFO.

1. No.
2. No, give him the season and if still struggling put him at lg
3. Ok
4. Eh, cousins is better but he will be over priced
5. I think butt is the future at te
6. Defense is fine
7. Ok.

Rascal
10-23-2017, 07:07 AM
1. Siemian is terrible. Need to bring in Osweiler just to try something different. Maybe give Siemian the first half in KC and bench bring Brock in for the 2nd half if he's not getting it done.
2. You have to be concerned about the coaching. When the team gets worse as the season goes on coaching is a large part of that. Other teams have adjusted, we haven't. Take the Pats for example. Their D was a wreck. Last night? They got it done.
3. There's no solution for this problem, but the D, as good as it is, needs to start forcing turnovers. That's what elite defenses do. This one isn't doing it. Can't understate how big turnovers are in the NFL. We're losing that battle.
4. If you weren't already worried about Elway the Infallible and the front office in general, you should be now. There's no Peyton Manning on the horizon to make you look better than you are. This organization is trending downward and it doesn't look like they have a clue how to fix it.

Rivers?

orange skier
10-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Vance Joesph coveys the emotion of a trout brought up from the bottom of a high mountain lake: cold fish.........he needs to be throwing people through a wall. First shut out in 25 years. That is something to be real proud of. He needs to pull his hands out of his pockets and hit something. He needs to get this team emotional. I can't stand this laid back crap.

go_broncos
10-23-2017, 07:21 AM
Sorry John Fox..Vj is worse than Fox...This season reminds me of Mcd with Orton being the QB.

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 07:21 AM
People crack me up talking about coaching when we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league. No coach is going to win with this kind of play from their QB. Now that isn’t to say there are no coaching issues, but when your engine is blown there’s no point in worrying about a sticking clutch.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 07:26 AM
People crack me up talking about coaching when we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league. No coach is going to win with this kind of play from their QB. Now that isnít to say there are no coaching issues, but when your engine is blown thereís no point in worrying about a sticking clutch.

Are we going to ignore that every week Kubiak uses the same garbage gameplan? Are we going to ignore that Kubiak calls plays the exact same way regardless of the quality of players on the field? Are we going to ignore that offensive players only seem to get worse over time under these coaches?

LOL

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 07:30 AM
LOL

Kubiak is a horrible head coach and Dennison is a horrible OC. Get over it Beavis.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 07:33 AM
Kubiak is a horrible head coach and Dennison is a horrible OC. Get over it Beavis.

How come talking (defending Lombardi) coaching was totally on the table even though "we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league?"

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
How come talking (defending Lombardi) coaching was totally on the table even though "we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league?"

Itís like Kubiakís time in Houston never happened in your world. Joseph and Co. may well suck too, but Siemian has completely imploded. This isnít like last year.

TonyR
10-23-2017, 07:47 AM
People crack me up talking about coaching when we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league. No coach is going to win with this kind of play from their QB. Now that isnít to say there are no coaching issues, but when your engine is blown thereís no point in worrying about a sticking clutch.

I'm not sure why you seem to be intent on excusing the coaching. When you come out flat and unprepared and lose after the bye to a winless team, the coaching staff is a large part of that. When other teams around the league adjust to their own and their opponents strengths and weaknesses while the Broncos regress, that's on the coaching. Yes, Siemian sucks and that makes the coaches' jobs a lot more difficult. But when you can't find some creative ways to make the offense at least a little more serviceable, not to mention the lousy special teams play, at some point you have to realize that coaching is part of the problem. You can blame Siemian all you want. He's terrible so he's an easy target. But you really need to stop excusing the coaching.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 07:48 AM
Siemian has completely imploded. This isnít like last year.

But last year when offensive players were imploding it was because Kubiak and Dennison couldn't coach.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-23-2017, 07:56 AM
But last year when offensive players were imploding it was because Kubiak and Dennison couldn't coach.

The Broncos players themselves said the same thing fans were saying about Kubiaks offense. Are you saying the players are stupid too?

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm not sure why you seem to be intent on excusing the coaching. When you come out flat and unprepared and lose after the bye to a winless team, the coaching staff is a large part of that. When other teams around the league adjust to their own and their opponents strengths and weaknesses while the Broncos regress, that's on the coaching. Yes, Siemian sucks and that makes the coaches' jobs a lot more difficult. But when you can't find some creative ways to make the offense at least a little more serviceable, not to mention the lousy special teams play, at some point you have to realize that coaching is part of the problem. You can blame Siemian all you want. He's terrible so he's an easy target. But you really need to stop excusing the coaching.

Iím not intent on excusing the coaching. Itís just that Siemian is playing as bad as any QB Iíve ever seen. His turnovers are on par with or even worse than 2015 Manning, and unlike Manning he canít seem to make any positives plays between the blunders. In the last two games and in all three of our losses the rest of the team has played well enough to potentially win with functional QB play. Do the coaches need to do better? Sure. Are they even close to being as bad as Siemian? Rofl...no.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 07:59 AM
The Broncos players themselves said the same thing fans were saying about Kubiaks offense. Are you saying the players are stupid too?

Players usually blame things outside than their own piss-poor execution. You think they're not blaming our current system, right now, as we speak?

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 08:01 AM
Players usually blame things outside than their own piss-poor execution. You think they're not blaming our current system, right now, as we speak?

Oh Jesus...

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-23-2017, 08:04 AM

I know who the defense wants to blame.

Also, this post contradicts your point. So it's not McCoys scheme?

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 08:06 AM
Oh Jesus...

Steelers are suddenly on fire. Martavis Bryant's still bitching about his touches.

Player complaints are about the least useful indicator of a talent problem imaginable.

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Steelers are suddenly on fire. Martavis Bryant's still b****ing about his touches.

Player complaints are about the least useful indicator of a talent problem imaginable.

Everyone but you knows Kubiakís and Dennisonís offense sucks. Itís funny.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Everyone but you knows Kubiakís and Dennisonís offense sucks. Itís funny.

It's the way this place works. Organization makes a decision, half the people will convince themselves it was the right move.

Once VJ/McCoy is done here, you'll see a sudden new consensus on what a joke they were.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-23-2017, 08:15 AM
It's the way this place works. Organization makes a decision, half the people will convince themselves it was the right move.

Once VJ/McCoy is done here, you'll see a sudden new consensus on what a joke they were.

I think VJ was leaning toward a joke when he was a Dolphin.

If players are blaming McCoy now like you say, then it's not him, but rather execution like you said.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 08:16 AM
Also, this post contradicts your point. So it's not McCoys scheme?

Problem one is a talent problem. I don't like McCoy's scheme, or his predisposition towards thinking he can X's and O's gimmick his way around black holes of talent.

I think the gimmicks hurt talent development. But in terms of being competitive, I don't think anyone short of Belichick himself could come in and make this offense competitive.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 08:25 AM
Oh Jesus...

McCoy
People crack me up talking about coaching when we have arguably the worst starting QB in the league.

Kubes
Until the offensive coaching improves talking about players is kind of pointless.

Same QB. Mostly same personnel. LOL

NFLBRONCO
10-23-2017, 08:35 AM
Lets look at offense

1. QB none look like the answer
2. We need a legit RT and G
3. TE we need a JT threat we have none
4. RB is ok but, nothing special.

We wonder why we have O woes lol why are so many surprised on here about it. We talked all off season about our bad O was . Fans need to quit expecting everything is a 1 yr fix.

socalorado
10-23-2017, 08:37 AM
This season falls on DEN simply not having a QB. They just don't.
This is what happens when you try to BS your way through the season with a back up at QB.
The season is now over. your not winning anything this year anyways, so tank and get a high draft pick. Use the pick wisely, dump salary and go get Cousins.

MplsBronco
10-23-2017, 09:30 AM
Vance Joesph coveys the emotion of a trout brought up from the bottom of a high mountain lake: cold fish.........he needs to be throwing people through a wall. First shut out in 25 years. That is something to be real proud of. He needs to pull his hands out of his pockets and hit something. He needs to get this team emotional. I can't stand this laid back crap.

He looks completely lost on the sideline. Like if he could just blend into the background he would. Terrible, terrible hire.

I wanted to see something like you are seeing with the Rams coach. He is putting his stamp on that team. Changing the culture, instilling attitude. He also appears to be on top of sh!t and actively in engaged in the goings on with this team.

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 09:34 AM
McCoy

Kubes

Same QB. Mostly same personnel. LOL

Receivers are open every ****ing play and Siemian canít see them or canít get the ball to them. And you keep blathering about Kubiak. Let it go.

MplsBronco
10-23-2017, 09:35 AM

Full disclosure, I am over Siemain but this goes so far beyond just him it's laughable some still pin all the blame on him.

Tell me what they are doing to help Siemian succeed? The game plans are gross. The oline play is worse (and goes far beyond the RT). Where is the creativity? Where are the playmakers? CJ and Booker have zero pizzazz. Why isn't Henderson getting the ball? Where are we scheming and taking advantages of mismatches? I see it happening to us but we can't do it back.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Receivers are open every ****ing play and Siemian canít see them or canít get the ball to them. And you keep blathering about Kubiak. Let it go.

You don't think the same things were happening last year? (Even in the non-shutouts)

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-23-2017, 09:39 AM
You don't think the same things were happening last year? (Even in the non-shutouts)

Last year I watched a lot of plays that only had 2-3 routes in them. There was minimal separation last year.

2KBack
10-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Full disclosure, I am over Siemain but this goes so far beyond just him it's laughable some still pin all the blame on him.

Tell me what they are doing to help Siemian succeed? The game plans are gross. The oline play is worse (and goes far beyond the RT). Where is the creativity? Where are the playmakers? CJ and Booker have zero pizzazz. Why isn't Henderson getting the ball? Where are we scheming and taking advantages of mismatches? I see it happening to us but we can't do it back.

You can't do that without a some sort of passing threat.

Agamemnon
10-23-2017, 09:44 AM

I think Siemian understood Kubiakís simpler passing scheme better. He canít run McCoyís scheme to save his life. Thatís not McCoyís fault. The route tree and pass design is worlds better than Kubiakís stone age crap, but it also requires more of a QB. McCoy is not a great OC, but his offense is hands down better than the 90ís scheme Kubiak runs.

BroncoBeavis
10-23-2017, 09:56 AM
Last year I watched a lot of plays that only had 2-3 routes in them. There was minimal separation last year.

We've been highlighting the same thing from McCoy all season. Every time McCoy throws out of his vaunted "We're probly gonna run it now" 2-wide formations, this is how it looks.

Every time we go 2-wide and have to help out at RT, this is literally all that's available. We highlight all the times Trevor misses someone open. But there are far more times where there's just nobody. Especially over the middle, which is what you need to develop if you want him to get comfortable stepping up in the pocket.

Cito Pelon
10-23-2017, 12:19 PM
Lets look at offense

1. QB none look like the answer
2. We need a legit RT and G
3. TE we need a JT threat we have none
4. RB is ok but, nothing special.

We wonder why we have O woes lol why are so many surprised on here about it. We talked all off season about our bad O was . Fans need to quit expecting everything is a 1 yr fix.

Let's look at the stats for the losses.

@ BUFF:
- O outgained Buff 366 to 272
- Den more penalties
- Den 2 turnovers, Buff 0
- TOP apx equal
- Den 73 O plays, Buff 59
- Den 21 1st downs, Buff 16
- Den outscored 13-3 in the 2nd half, 6-0 4th Q

NYG at home:
- O outgained NYG 412 to 266
- Penalties, five each
- Den 3 turnovers, NYG 0
- TOP apx equal
- Den 71 O plays, NYG 51 O plays
- Den 20 1st downs, NYG 12
- Den outscored NYG 7-6 2nd half, but down 17-3 at halftime

@ LAC:
- O outgained LAC 252 to 242
- Penalties, Den 10 LAC 9
- Den 3 turnovers, LAC 0
- TOP, Den two minutes more
- Den 55 O plays, LAC 52
- Den 12 1st downs, LAC 14
- Den down 0-14 in the 4th Q, LAC scores 7, Den 0

Denver O is moving the ball, getting a lot of plays in, but lacking in points, not making key plays at key times, and TURNOVERS!

TonyR
10-23-2017, 12:37 PM
Denver O is moving the ball, getting a lot of plays in, but lacking in points, not making key plays at key times, and TURNOVERS!

We're now 3rd worst in turnover differential (Cleveland is worst, Cincinnati 2nd worst). 3rd worst in giveaways, 4th worst in takeaways.

Cito Pelon
10-23-2017, 12:51 PM
We're now 3rd worst in turnover differential (Cleveland is worst, Cincinnati 2nd worst). 3rd worst in giveaways, 4th worst in takeaways.

VJ presser is on the radio, he's frustrated, addresses all the points people have been talking about. They know all the things that are going wrong.

Now they have to find a cure, we'll see. I think it was you that said after the NYG game that looking at the O film they'd be either infuriated or demoralized. They were demoralized unfortunately, that has to turn around.

BroncsCheer
10-23-2017, 06:12 PM
If this team can start running the goodam football there won't be so much on Siemian

That O Line play the last couple of games was just awful

That's where the team is weakest - in the offensive trenches

Dedhed
10-23-2017, 06:23 PM
If this team can start running the goodam football there won't be so much on Siemian

That O Line play the last couple of games was just awful

That's where the team is weakest - in the offensive trenches

This team is never going to run the football when defenses know they can stack the box and not get beat. Never.

Dedhed
10-23-2017, 06:24 PM

@ BUFF:
- Den more penalties
- TOP apx equal

NYG at home:
- Penalties, five each
- Den 3 turnovers, NYG 0
- TOP apx equal

@ LAC:
- Den 3 turnovers, LAC 0
- Den 55 O plays, LAC 52

Nope. Opponents are scoring against an exhausted defense on short fields. Denver o is not moving the ball.

TonyR
10-23-2017, 06:59 PM
Nope. Opponents are scoring against an exhausted defense on short fields. Denver o is not moving the ball.

Well, that may be true to an extent. But it's not really the story of yesterday's game. The Broncos actually ran more plays and had more TOP than the Chargers. But SD had a 9 play, 65 yard TD drive in the 2nd quarter, and a 10 play, 92 yard TD drive in the 4th quarter. Neither of those are what you'd call a "short field", and you certainly can't blame exhaustion on that 2nd quarter drive. All that said, only giving up two TD drives is pretty good. It's just not good enough with this offense.

jklb234
10-24-2017, 11:06 AM

@ BUFF:
- Den more penalties
- TOP apx equal

NYG at home:
- Penalties, five each
- Den 3 turnovers, NYG 0
- TOP apx equal

@ LAC:
- Den 3 turnovers, LAC 0
- Den 55 O plays, LAC 52

A lot of garbage time meaningless yards in those stats. Plus opposing team go conservative when up

broncosteven
10-24-2017, 12:07 PM

Woods is very good, just young and needs experience. It was sad he didn't have his squad ready to play vs Gin'ts but no one did and that was on VJ.

Hoping VJ doesn't turn into mCd, the last couple weeks every phase of the game has been an issue here and there that is on the coach. Not sure why OC's keep wanting to push the ball downfield behind these bad OL's. Everything should be quick rhythm stuff to calm our young QB down but instead they are running an O they would design for a great QB.

McCoy hasn't shown he can play to any strength of our O, maybe they just don't have any anymore.

VJ doesn't understand situational football and it seemed like he couldn't think straight in the game either. At one point in the 4th I saw him take a breath like he just got gut punched or told that his family all died in an accident, not a great look for a HC. **** rolls downhill.

broncosteven
10-24-2017, 12:10 PM

One of the 2 TD's was an exhausted D last week. It was 0-14 at the half. Still teams should be able to stay in games where your D only gives up 14 points.

Gin't game was 0-10 before the 1st 1st down I think. Still should have been a winnable game. If a D only gives up 2 TD's a game that is greatness.

DENVERDUI55
10-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Gonna be a 5 game skid at least. Next win might be against the Colts.

itswutz4dinna
10-24-2017, 12:35 PM

Lol

Cito Pelon
10-24-2017, 07:20 PM

No. The three losses, TOP is apx equal. Denver has had 199 O plays, the opposition 162 O plays. Denver O 53 1st downs, opposition O 42 1st downs. Denver O 1030 yds, opposition O 780 yds.

Ahem, the three losses, Denver O eight turnovers, opposition O zero turnovers.

We'll see how the O performs coming off the worst O performance since 1992.

kappys
10-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Woods is very good, just young and needs experience. It was sad he didn't have his squad ready to play vs Gin'ts but no one did and that was on VJ.

Hoping VJ doesn't turn into mCd, the last couple weeks every phase of the game has been an issue here and there that is on the coach. Not sure why OC's keep wanting to push the ball downfield behind these bad OL's. Everything should be quick rhythm stuff to calm our young QB down but instead they are running an O they would design for a great QB.

McCoy hasn't shown he can play to any strength of our O, maybe they just don't have any anymore.

VJ doesn't understand situational football and it seemed like he couldn't think straight in the game either. At one point in the 4th I saw him take a breath like he just got gut punched or told that his family all died in an accident, not a great look for a HC. **** rolls downhill.

Wood's has started blitzing more trying to bring A gap pressure. It was effective and I hope he keeps it up, also helps to keep our ILB's where they can make useful plays rather than out in coverage where they are liabilities.

Cito Pelon
10-24-2017, 07:30 PM
A lot of garbage time meaningless yards in those stats. Plus opposing team go conservative when up

The losses were all close games at some point, LAC the outlier. Denver was gaining yards, moving the ball, getting into the redzone but not scoring.

Now, at LA, they were NOT getting to the redzone, really didn't do anything competently. Have to hope that's the low point and things pick up from here on. VJ is saying the right things, he recognizes all the same things we've been saying here. We'll see how it plays out.

TonyR
10-24-2017, 07:44 PM
The losses were all close games at some point, LAC the outlier. Denver was gaining yards, moving the ball, getting into the redzone but not scoring.

Now, at LA, they were NOT getting to the redzone, really didn't do anything competently. Have to hope that's the low point and things pick up from here on. VJ is saying the right things, he recognizes all the same things we've been saying here. We'll see how it plays out.

Yeah, Ingram and Bosa gave us fits. Thankfully not every team has two elite pass rushers like that, although the Eagles will give us similar (if not more) trouble in that regard.

wolf754life
10-24-2017, 10:12 PM
"After the first three series, we got him kind of shook because he wasn’t expecting what we were doing," Giants safety Landon Collins said. "We watched a lot of film. He was just holding it too long and not letting it go." "He overthrew him inside and it just came right to me because I was breaking on the ball," Collins said. "I knew it was going to be a big hit or a big pick." "We were talking about it on the sideline that he was going to lock on and stare down the receiver," Jenkins said. "I told my coach what they were attacking us with, and he told me to one time sit on it and just take it."