PDA

View Full Version : We're Sorry Kubes Apology Thread

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 08:49 AM
An entire offseason of "It was the craftsman, not the tools. Kubes Sux. Game passed him and his old scheme by. McCoy will fix it."

And now suddenly after two awful games from the same castmembers, "Mike McCoy just has nothin' to work with."

Seems maybe a few apple-o-gies are in order.

Brohemoth
10-17-2017, 08:51 AM
No apology. He handpicked Siemian.

OABB
10-17-2017, 08:57 AM

Yep. This is all his fault.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 08:58 AM

Lolz.

That's like saying Elway "handpicked" Chad Kelly, and if Mr Irrelevant doesn't go to the pro bowl it's another QB draft bust. LOL

Jason in LA
10-17-2017, 08:59 AM
I thought that Kubiak took too much of the blame, because he didn't have much talent to work with. There was hardly any talent on the O line, Manning was a shell of himself, and Brock and Siemian at their best were mediocre. At times they weren't even that. I didn't think that there was anything wrong with the system. Kyle Shanahan was running the same system and the Falcons were lighting up the scoreboard. Interesting how good a system can look when there are talented players. Using a basketball reference, it wasn't the triangle, it was Jordan, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq. And the funny thing was that many people called the system outdated but still wanted the Broncos to hire Shanahan.

Outside of Kubiak's weird fascination with Siemian, I liked him.

Kaylore
10-17-2017, 08:59 AM
No apology. Even after the abortion that was last game, we're still infinitely better across the board.

Kubiak's antiquated offense doesn't work anymore. People who cite examples like the Falcons are pointing to modified versions that have been updated and tinkered. And even those floundered other places.

His offense is ****, and honestly a big reason it's ****ty is because of all the tiny linemen he brought in who can't pass block.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:03 AM
It amazes me people can look at Mike McCoy's offense and think to themselves "Modern NFL Offense."

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Outside of Kubiak's weird fascination with Siemian, I liked him.

I'm not sure how "sees his only rational option" is a "weird fascination"

Brohemoth
10-17-2017, 09:09 AM
Lolz.

That's like saying Elway "handpicked" Chad Kelly, and if Mr Irrelevant doesn't go to the pro bowl it's another QB draft bust. LOL

Kubiak didnít just handpick Siemian, he crowned him and created this illusion of a starter. He thought his Case Keenum was the answer and it led to an arbitrary competition and not-too-shabby expectation. Now itís ďbest chance to winĒ 2011 all over again thanks to his precedent. This year should be a test ride with Sloter or Lynch.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 09:26 AM
An entire offseason of "It was the craftsman, not the tools. Kubes Sux. Game passed him and his old scheme by. McCoy will fix it."

And now suddenly after two awful games from the same castmembers, "Mike McCoy just has nothin' to work with."

Seems maybe a few apple-o-gies are in order.

You should apologize to us all for your retarded Siemian fanboyism.

OABB
10-17-2017, 09:28 AM

Co-sign

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 09:28 AM
It amazes me people can look at Mike McCoy's offense and think to themselves "Modern NFL Offense."

His offense is fine. Youíre just looking for excuses for a ****ty QB.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-17-2017, 09:37 AM
Lolz.

He heavily influenced it. Kubiak was scouting Siemian when he was in Baltimore. Elway probably didn't even know who he was until Kubiak showed him tape.

This isn't a bad thing. Siemian has been all we got in a slew of trash sand Sloter.

Requiem
10-17-2017, 09:38 AM
Shut up Beavis.

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2017, 09:38 AM
If you're wrong you just ignore that and anyone who brings it up. If you're right, you hammer that broken clock constantly! Welcome to the Internet.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:50 AM
He heavily influenced it. Kubiak was scouting Siemian when he was in Baltimore. Elway probably didn't even know who he was until Kubiak showed him tape.

This isn't a bad thing. Siemian has been all we got in a slew of trash sand Sloter.

No scouting staff in the history of the NFL has ever been held accountable for the 7th round flyer on a QB that didn't pan into starter material. Because that's 99% of the time.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:51 AM

Just a question... did you chub up when you saw ol' 17 on the field again? LOL

Jason in LA
10-17-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm not sure how "sees his only rational option" is a "weird fascination"

Naw man, it was more than Kubiak going with his "only rational option."

Nobody was going to draft Siemian, but Kubiak saw something in him. Like, himself. Kept him on the roster in 2015. For what? I'm off the Lynch bandwagon, but why didn't Lynch play at all in the final game of last year? Kubiak was hooking his boy up.

Again, I liked Kubiak and thought that he got too much of the blame. But the Siemian thing, just weird.

slick7
10-17-2017, 10:10 AM

HIs offense is fine when the players execute it properly.

My biggest beef with McCoy over these last couple of games is he wants to throw it too much. His QB isn't good enough for that approach.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 10:11 AM
Naw man, it was more than Kubiak going with his "only rational option."

Nobody was going to draft Siemian, but Kubiak saw something in him. Like, himself. Kept him on the roster in 2015. For what? I'm off the Lynch bandwagon, but why didn't Lynch play at all in the final game of last year? Kubiak was hooking his boy up.

Again, I liked Kubiak and thought that he got too much of the blame. But the Siemian thing, just weird.

Not sure how you can call it weird that he simply saw exactly what we all saw this last preseason.

It's not like he was pounding the desk to take Trevor in the 2nd round in '15. We took him with the 7th last pick of the draft. Taken right around a pack of guys who are mostly no longer even in the league.

OABB
10-17-2017, 10:12 AM

He is not a Brock fan tard.

go_broncos
10-17-2017, 10:15 AM
Team is fun when you have a good QB..
With TS, it's not fun any more.
It doesn't matter who the coach is..Look at Bill O'brien, he becomes a good coach when he has Watson as the QB.

go_broncos
10-17-2017, 10:16 AM

My biggest beef with McCoy over these last couple of games is he wants to throw it too much. His QB isn't good enough for that approach.

Especially in RZ..

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 10:17 AM

I hate Osweiler. Especially after signing him led to us cutting Sloter. I have no idea where you got the idea Iím a fan of his.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2017, 10:39 AM

Why don't we throw fade routes to DT in goal situations when he is 1 on 1 with a smaller DB?

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 10:42 AM
Why don't we throw fade routes to DT in goal situations when he is 1 on 1 with a smaller DB?

Itís hard to get DT in one on one situations compared to a RB.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Itís hard to get DT in one on one situations compared to a RB.

There were a couple times he had that on Sunday and not one shot.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 10:50 AM
There were a couple times he had that on Sunday and not one shot.

Well yeah, Siemian also sucks.

yerner
10-17-2017, 10:53 AM
Eh, i ultimately blame Elway for going against his nature and restraining himself the past two offseasons and not getting a qb. I think he wanted Kaep or Romo or Stafford or Brees but he was reigned by his coaches, scouts and cap guy for this win from now on mode. Dont work without a qb

Arkie
10-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Eh, i ultimately blame Elway for going against his nature and restraining himself the past two offseasons and not getting a qb. I think he wanted Kaep or Romo or Stafford or Brees but he was reigned by his coaches, scouts and cap guy for this win from now on mode. Dont work without a qb

How much money did Kaep want? Probably more than 5x the combined salaries of Siemian and Osweiler. All three were bottom tier starters.

Action
10-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Kubiak sucks.

MplsBronco
10-17-2017, 11:54 AM
No scouting staff in the history of the NFL has ever been held accountable for the 7th round flyer on a QB that didn't pan into starter material. Because that's 99% of the time.

Exactly. Siemian was flyer. He's playing because Elway can't draft a QB worth a sh!t. That and Brock was an idiot and took the money and ran and destroyed his career. It was never supposed to go this way but Siemian is somehow the bad guy for outplaying the rest of the trash on the roster.

The hate is so misplaced.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 11:57 AM
He is not a Brock fan tard.

Who did both of you demand play in the '15-'16 playoffs? LOL

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Exactly. Siemian was flyer. He's playing because Elway can't draft a QB worth a ****. That and Brock was an idiot and took the money and ran and destroyed his career. It was never supposed to go this way but Siemian is somehow the bad guy for outplaying the rest of the trash on the roster.

The hate is so misplaced.

Yup, and if you say so it's because you suddenly think Trevor's the answer and have to be held somehow accountable for hoping?

He's literally all we have. I'd rather not spend the year hoping he doesn't put anything together so I can feel 'right' at the end about his likely failure.

wolf754life
10-17-2017, 12:02 PM

/end thread

all the kubiak lovers coming out of the forest.

lmao^5

Ratboy
10-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Holy **** this board is bonkers.

This new bunch sucks.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 12:09 PM

The year is 2017. You know that right?

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 12:11 PM
Yup, and if you say so it's because you suddenly think Trevor's the answer and have to be held somehow accountable for hoping?

He's literally all we have. I'd rather not spend the year hoping he doesn't put anything together so I can feel 'right' at the end about his likely failure.

Yeah, youíd rather blame everyone else instead. How noble.

4Horsemen
10-17-2017, 12:19 PM
Lets not all have total revisionist history.

TS beat out Sanchez and Lynch (twice) for the starting role. Kubes and Knapp saw something in TS that was unique, possibly also a familiarity (no, I am not saying the second coming) to PFM. A guy who could run an O without making terrible mistakes and keeping the chains moving for our D and run game to win games - and also wasn't a dunce.

VJ, although somewhat hand cuffed by an existing roster, ALSO thought that QB recipe, the same one as Kubes, would work.

I totally get why TS is the starter and why coaches gravitated towards him. He fit the PFM mold and it works on this team, how it is built today. It makes sense on paper at least but...

Unfortunately, TS is also a 7th rounder to begin with and these are the reasons he was a 7th rounder - we are seeing them on the field. There is a possibility in 2 years he could learn so much that would compensate for other athletic deficiencies, some bad decision making and quicker instincts. But we don;t have that time, not in the NFL with this D.

If you really want to be pissed at something, be pissed how our D, although improved in the run game has taken a step back in the backfield. Massive disappointment. Teams aren't afraid to pass on us like they once were which leads to our pass rush taking a step back/turnovers.

Don't be pissed at a 7th rounder two coaching staffs have selected to start for an NFL team. Write Elway a letter for that.

edit: video
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9d9tNaAMBSQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Broncomutt
10-17-2017, 12:22 PM
At least VJ doesn't need an ambulance to leave the field after the game.

Thanks for the memories and protect your health Kubes.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 01:14 PM
Yeah, youíd rather blame everyone else instead. How noble.

So last year it was "Fire the OC!"

This year it's "How can you blame anyone but the QB?"

You're in the right thread. Now just use the right words...

"I'm sorry Kubes. I guess it wasn't you."

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 01:21 PM
So last year it was "Fire the OC!"

This year it's "How can you blame anyone but the QB?"

You're in the right thread. Now just use the right words...

"I'm sorry Kubes. I guess it wasn't you."

Kubes wasnít to blame for Siemian sucking but his offense is garbage regardless.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 01:24 PM
Kubes wasnít to blame for Siemian sucking but his offense is garbage regardless.

Making this season, at best, a lateral move.

Kaylore
10-17-2017, 01:32 PM
Holy **** this board is bonkers.

This new bunch sucks.

Super reductive thinking around here.

"It's all 100% Siemian and I hate him."

"It's all 100% McCoy making everyone look bad."

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 01:34 PM

Itís 90% Siemian and I hate him. :P

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 01:38 PM

Sometimes those boxes are burned into the eyes of the beholder.

Any criticism of McCoy is automatically marked as defense of Siemien (or even more comically, Tim Tebow)

I'm honestly not sure what Mike McCoy ever did to be the one guy around here beyond criticism for his offense's failures.

Powderaddict
10-17-2017, 01:41 PM
McCoy's plays are getting guys open.

The ball is just not getting to those guys.

slick7
10-17-2017, 01:45 PM
McCoy's problem in the 2 losses has been abandoning the run too early.

17 runs to 54 passes Sunday night and 23 runs to 40 passes against Buffalo.

You can't do that when your QB isn't a stud.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 01:52 PM
Sometimes those boxes are burned into the eyes of the beholder.

Any criticism of McCoy is automatically marked as defense of Siemien (or even more comically, Tim Tebow)

I'm honestly not sure what Mike McCoy ever did to be the one guy around here beyond criticism for his offense's failures.

Who said he was beyond criticism? The issue is that Siemian isnít executing at all, and McCoy is actively dumbing things down at this point.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 02:02 PM

And there's a bit of telegraphing in play as well.

The whole early plan was filled with go-big run formations. Then when that didn't work and we got behind, we started spreading things out, and throwing the ball like crazy.

But the question most OC's usually ask themselves is how to keep a defense guessing run/pass even if the formation may suggest the opposite.

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2017, 02:02 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/ffc03c9a4fd11514ca69a0ab3080f311/tenor.gif

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Who said he was beyond criticism? The issue is that Siemian isnít executing at all, and McCoy is actively dumbing things down at this point.

The criticism (as I've said from the beginning) is that pretty much the whole world takes 'dumbing down' to mean 'spreading out'

McCoy's the only cat at this level I've ever seen that thinks bringing as many players as possible into the box makes reading the defense easier.

slick7
10-17-2017, 02:28 PM
And there's a bit of telegraphing in play as well.

The whole early plan was filled with go-big run formations. Then when that didn't work and we got behind, we started spreading things out, and throwing the ball like crazy.

But the question most OC's usually ask themselves is how to keep a defense guessing run/pass even if the formation may suggest the opposite.

It seems like if Denver's down a score than he's trying to throw almost every down to catch up.

Even down 10 to the Giants he should still be trying to run.

When you're down 2 or 3 scores in the 4th I get it, but he's going away from the run way too early.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 02:30 PM
It seems like if Denver's down a score than he's trying to throw almost every down to catch up.

When you're down 2 or 3 scores in the 4th I get it, but he's going away from the run way too early.

Agree.

We go from 'run it' time to 'pass it' time when the goal should be 'who knows?' for the vast majority of snaps.

Old Dude
10-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Kubiak caught a lot of grief for not giving Lynch more playing time. Problem is that Lynch didn't earn in then and still hasn't.

The offense was antiquated, but it's not just a matter of schemes. Execution is still the biggest factor and the talent was missing at key spots. No matter what your scheme, you can only compensate for so just many weaknesses.

I think it was time for Kubes to step down, mostly because of his health.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 03:19 PM

CJ and JC combined for 6 carries in the 2nd half.

Trevor threw it like 30 times.

The game wasn't that far out of hand.

24champ
10-17-2017, 03:33 PM
Kubiak, second best HC in Broncos history!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gary+Kubiak+Super+Bowl+50+Carolina+Panthers+Aqh0X2 4cAPfl.jpg

NFLBRONCO
10-17-2017, 03:51 PM
His offense is fine. Youíre just looking for excuses for a ****ty QB.

Thank YOU:thumbs:

OABB
10-17-2017, 03:54 PM

We would have demanded anyone who was better than a 17 interception throwing machine cripple.

I think one day this will sink in.

*Laughs to myself thinking this will ever sink in.

OABB
10-17-2017, 03:56 PM

Itís anout 75-80% Siemian and hats why I hate him. McCoy sucks too, but a good qb can make any offense functional.

Cito Pelon
10-17-2017, 04:02 PM

Yeah, that's a bad recipe. Actually was 55 pass plays since Siem scrambled out of one dropback.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 04:02 PM
We would have demanded anyone who was better than a 17 interception throwing machine cripple.

I think one day this will sink in.

*Laughs to myself thinking this will ever sink in.

http://media.theindychannel.com/photo/2016/02/08/GettyImages-508990890_master_1454924935181_31533600_ver1.0_320 _240.jpg

Kaylore
10-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Kubiak, second best HC in Broncos history!

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Gary+Kubiak+Super+Bowl+50+Carolina+Panthers+Aqh0X2 4cAPfl.jpg

You could just say coach. He gets major credit for being our QB coach and OC during those nineties years. He's a true Bronco.

wolf754life
10-17-2017, 04:41 PM
You could just say coach. He gets major credit for being our QB coach and OC during those nineties years. He's a true Bronco.

History will be very kind to Mr. Kubiak but it was certainly time.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 04:43 PM

But the one year he doesn't get blood out of a turnip, the Mane wants him strung up.

Meanwhile, Charger-bait Mike McCoy is immune from all criticism.

Archer81
10-17-2017, 04:50 PM
But the one year he doesn't get blood out of a turnip, the Mane wants him strung up.

McCoy is not immune from criticism. Nobody played well, nobody coached well, which makes no ****ing sense coming out of a bye, but it is what it is.

Siemian sucked, the offensive line sucked. The play calling made little to no sense. The defense cracked at the wrong time, and somehow could not cover a rookie TE or stop a no name running back. And McManus...I have no words. None of sunday night made sense.

So...now we go on to the LA Chargers. If we don't see improved play, then its time for some changes personnel wise.

*Edit to add about Kubiak...why did you start an apology thread to Kubiak? The game evolved past his offense. If Manning could not make it work why would you expect Siemian or Lynch to? That's just a logic fail.

:Broncos:

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 04:52 PM

No matter how much you say that it doesnít make it true.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 04:55 PM
http://media.theindychannel.com/photo/2016/02/08/GettyImages-508990890_master_1454924935181_31533600_ver1.0_320 _240.jpg

His stat line from the Super Bowl speaks for itself.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 04:58 PM
No matter how much you say that it doesnít make it true.

Then why jump all over criticism of McCoy's first half plan? Bringing only "Siemien Sucks" to the table.

Powderaddict
10-17-2017, 04:59 PM
His stat line from the Super Bowl speaks for itself.

The only stat that matters is the win stat

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 05:01 PM

Elway put up a 51 passer rating in his first Super Bowl win.

There's more to the story.

itswutz4dinna
10-17-2017, 05:04 PM
Kubiak's offense was terrible and killed Manning's career (although anyone that took away Manning's playcalling would have ruined his career, regardless if age).

The problem is, McCoy is also not great. He's still an improvement, which is why the offense is better (10-15 range instead of 25-30). But he's nothing special either.

His offense for Tebow was uninspiring, compared to Seattle or Carolina for example. Manning obviously doesn't count, although he did a better job than Kubiak by remaining laissez-faire. And then the Chargers didn't seem to benefit at all, although he was also HC.

So we don't really have much of a sample for McCoy as OC, but he seems to be just decent compared to Kubiak's bad, and the offensive performance reflects that.

Agamemnon
10-17-2017, 05:07 PM

If youíre a simpleton perhaps.

BroncoFox
10-17-2017, 07:36 PM
Whatever problems we have on offense, doesn't excuse the antiquated offense Kubiak ran. Even if we had improved on line and QB and the rest, we'd still be stuck with a coach that would try to cram a square peg down a round hole because it's his way or the highway.

I can't stand Belicheat, but he is a great coach.. and he knows how to let his players play to their strengths, not force them to do something they are not good at.

Kaylore
10-17-2017, 07:48 PM

McCoy was here for one of the greatest offenses and actually made Tebow functional. He gets points just for the latter alone. He's the only coach who could get anything out of that kid.

Dedhed
10-17-2017, 08:07 PM

Yes, I truly miss the juggernaut offense we had under Kubiak.

gunns
10-17-2017, 08:52 PM
No apology. Even after the abortion that was last game, we're still infinitely better across the board.

Kubiak's antiquated offense doesn't work anymore. People who cite examples like the Falcons are pointing to modified versions that have been updated and tinkered. And even those floundered other places.

His offense is ****, and honestly a big reason it's ****ty is because of all the tiny linemen he brought in who can't pass block.

This^.

DENVERDUI55
10-17-2017, 08:53 PM
McCoy was here for one of the greatest offenses and actually made Tebow functional. He gets points just for the latter alone. He's the only coach who could get anything out of that kid.

He also brought the FULLBACK back!

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:19 PM

Dude, Gase was the OC for Manning's big year. McCoy had already coattailed for Whales Vagina, where he subsequently flamed out.

Powderaddict
10-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Dude, Gase was the OC for Manning's big year. McCoy had already coattailed for Whales Vagina, where he subsequently flamed out.

Manning had more than one big year.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Kubiak's offense was terrible and killed Manning's career (although anyone that took away Manning's playcalling would have ruined his career, regardless if age).

The problem is, McCoy is also not great. He's still an improvement, which is why the offense is better (10-15 range instead of 25-30). But he's nothing special either.

His offense for Tebow was uninspiring, compared to Seattle or Carolina for example. Manning obviously doesn't count, although he did a better job than Kubiak by remaining laissez-faire. And then the Chargers didn't seem to benefit at all, although he was also HC.

So we don't really have much of a sample for McCoy as OC, but he seems to be just decent compared to Kubiak's bad, and the offensive performance reflects that.

Kubiaks biggest mistake was not letting Manning continue to roll with his Moore inspired offense. But the "antiquated" meme on his offense was really about players that couldn't execute it, which was an excuse the haters wouldn't allow, until inexplicably some Chargers castoff rolls into town.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Manning had more than one big year.

2012 in the grand scheme of Manning was nothing special.

Certainly not enough to pin a tag along OC resume on.

Archer81
10-17-2017, 09:29 PM

Certainly not enough to pin a tag along OC resume on.

2012 was one of his better statistical years. You don't have to make stuff up to make a point man, really. We get it. You want to criticize McCoy...go ahead. But base it on things he has actually done and not in comparison to Kubiak's retarded monkey fish frog offense.

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 09:43 PM
2012 was one of his better statistical years. You don't have to make stuff up to make a point man, really. We get it. You want to criticize McCoy...go ahead. But base it on things he has actually done and not in comparison to Kubiak's retarded monkey fish frog offense.

Some history...

http://grantland.com/features/how-return-simplicity-peyton-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos/

Most notably, the offense teemed with new formations ó often with two running backs in the backfield, something Manning rarely did in Indianapolis ó and new plays, without much of a hint of the up-tempo no-huddle approach Manning had used to such great effect with the Colts.

It was during the second half of those early season games, with the Broncos often trailing and with the pressure on, that Manning and the offense seemed to come alive. In their first five games of the season, during which they went 2-3, the Broncos scored just under 70 percent of their points in the second half. It was during these stretches of urgency that, by necessity, Denver shed what was non-essential and went with what worked ó a combination of what its players could do effectively and what Peyton Manning was comfortable with. Following their third loss of the season, the Broncos offense became what it likely should have been from day 1: as close to the Manning-Moore offense as possible.

In other words, McCoy's progression was basically from hindrance to innocent bystander.

Powderaddict
10-17-2017, 10:09 PM
Some history...

http://grantland.com/features/how-return-simplicity-peyton-manning-indy-offense-ignited-denver-broncos/

In other words, McCoy's progression was basically from hindrance to innocent bystander.

How can adjusting to what works be construed as a negstive?

BroncoBeavis
10-17-2017, 10:12 PM
How can adjusting to what works be construed as a negstive?

Well in one way, it isn't. Kubiak should have been a little more deferential to what worked.

That said, pinning a career resume on "once eventually deferred after failing to someone who knew better" isn't necessarily the showstopper some seem to think it should be.

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2017, 02:16 AM

Nothing special just one of his best years.

Guess Who
10-18-2017, 05:23 AM
What is different about the last two games as opposed to the first two? In the last two games Denver has not attempted to stretch the field. If I am am Trevor I am throwing the deep ball frequently when I see 1:1 coverage and let Sanders and DT fight for it. Hit one of those and you will loosen up the coverage and the CBs won't b e able to sit on the routes like Jenkins did when he got the int.

BroncoBeavis
10-18-2017, 08:18 AM
Nothing special just one of his best years.

While the terminology Denver uses might be its own, both structurally and in its specifics, the offense is strikingly similar to what Manning did for years in Indianapolis. Despite some early protestations, that opinion has spread throughout the league. When asked how similar Manningís current offense is to what he ran in Indianapolis, New England coach Bill Belichick was typically candid. ďItís identical. It looks the same to me.Ē

Dude did nothing but ride the coattails of Manning escaping an otherwise famously dysfunctional Colts organization.

Kaylore
10-18-2017, 10:22 AM
Dude did nothing but ride the coattails of Manning escaping an otherwise famously dysfunctional Colts organization.

So when it's good, it's all Manning, but when it's bad, it's all McCoy's fault.

That makes sense.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d8de3bbf03ad4a7e3744ff650517f662/tenor.gif

4Horsemen
10-18-2017, 10:52 AM
It actually aggravates me (well, not really) that some folks are blind to this stuff. Maybe fantasy football ruined the message. Maybe one never received the message because they were never in a huddle with a game changer type of player. Maybe Madden ruined it.

The biggest void we have had is leadership. Not arm talen, vision, right tackle - it has been leadership.

I wrote something after PFM retired (I think!) basically saying that the leadership (trust, football mind) is going to be the one thing we miss the most that will show. Well ladies and gents, here we are. Still not identity or real change to our O.

But yeah, PFM sucked and we won dispite him. He contributed nothing. Right...

https://youtu.be/WOXb5eGvy9Y

edit: and this
https://youtu.be/CmFegiqVXKE?t=1m5s

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Lmao at this debate.

It took them almost full halfs of games for them even to cross the 50 yard line last year.

But somehow the offense was better then? Gtfo with that ****.

BroncoBeavis
10-18-2017, 11:26 AM

You can credit the janitor for the company's stock price increase all you want. But when you promote him to CFO based on it, all bets are off.

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2017, 12:03 PM

That makes sense.

https://media.tenor.com/images/d8de3bbf03ad4a7e3744ff650517f662/tenor.gif

I thought during the Manning era wins were because everybody else but Manning then the very few losses were all on him? Or do we just change narrative to fit the argument?

Agamemnon
10-18-2017, 12:28 PM
This thread is derptastic. Well done Beavis.

bronco militia
10-18-2017, 12:34 PM
not BB's finest moment. But since he consistently schools the fools in the WRP he gets a free pass.

Punisher
10-18-2017, 12:39 PM

Greg Knapp Handpicked Trevor

Agamemnon
10-18-2017, 12:41 PM
not BB's finest moment. But since he consistently schools the fools in the WRP he gets a free pass.

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/John-Stewart-WTF.gif

BroncoBeavis
10-18-2017, 01:08 PM
I thought during the Manning era wins were because everybody else but Manning then the very few losses were all on him? Or do we just change narrative to fit the argument?

What's funny is you're accusing me of making the same style argument you're making, except contradicting all evidence about what Peyton brought to Denver.

"McCoy's offense sucks every year without PFM? Must be his lame Quarterback(s)"

"McCoy's offense was good one year? And it looked identical to Peyton Manning's Colts offense from before Mike was ever a coordinator? No chance that was just PFM. All Magic Mike." LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-18-2017, 01:28 PM

I take back my criticisms.

bronco militia
10-18-2017, 01:31 PM

there's one now! ;D

OABB
10-18-2017, 01:37 PM

He should stick to politics and leave the football discussion to the rest of us

BroncoBeavis
10-18-2017, 01:40 PM

Fair enough...

I woke up hopeful today. As long as mccoy doesnt come, wade stays and lynch gets more of a chance to compete I am happy.

OABB
10-18-2017, 01:42 PM
Fair enough...

All true. Now Iím 52-0

BroncoBeavis
10-18-2017, 02:09 PM
All true. Now Iím 52-0

Never seen someone so upset about being agreed with.

OABB
10-18-2017, 02:31 PM
Never seen someone so upset about being agreed with.

https://goo.gl/images/JbiY4K

bronco militia
10-18-2017, 04:17 PM

come on now. if we set high standards for posters, Taco would never been able to get this place up and running.

:~ohyah!:

DENVERDUI55
10-18-2017, 07:04 PM
I thought the FB was going to fix the run game and revolutionize the offense.

Agamemnon
10-18-2017, 07:21 PM
I thought the FB was going to fix the run game and revolutionize the offense.

The run game has been fixed. The giants just focused on taking it away while ignoring Siemian, and it worked.

itswutz4dinna
10-18-2017, 11:24 PM

I never found JStew funny. But an amazing fact, that I just realized in the past year or so, is that there hasn't been a single conservative with a sense of humor. Ever.

I hate politics and don't support anyone; but when there's nothing you can laugh about that liberals do, and everything conservatives do is comedy gold, I mean...