PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady couldn't win with our offensive line

Reals
10-16-2017, 05:45 AM
Yes, all the 90's Raider-esque mistakes kill us too, but in the end it comes down to our sh!t O-Line. Why do Garcia and Stephenson even have jobs? Why not bring in guys with upside to compete? And 18 Million to Watson? Laughable. This is on Elway. Why does he continually disregard the offensive line? How can any QB grow and succeed with such terrible protection? We're the new Raiders.

peacepipe
10-16-2017, 05:47 AM
Troll

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-16-2017, 07:12 AM
Brady had a TE playing RT once. He's won with worse OLs.

Lmao at people blaming the OL when 3(4 when Barbre is in) out of the 5 do their jobs pretty well in pass.

Siemian had all day to throw in that 1st half. When Giants had a comfortable lead they blitzed every down.

2KBack
10-16-2017, 07:13 AM
yeah, protection overall last night was actually better than in recent weeks. The oline is improving....someone else isn't though.

Punisher
10-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Tom Brady can’t win without the hoodie*

Powderaddict
10-16-2017, 07:15 AM
Yes, all the 90's Raider-esque mistakes kill us too, but in the end it comes down to our **** O-Line. Why do Garcia and Stephenson even have jobs? Why not bring in guys with upside to compete? And 18 Million to Watson? Laughable. This is on Elway. Why does he continually disregard the offensive line? How can any QB grow and succeed with such terrible protection? We're the new Raiders.

What did you think of Stephenson's peformance last night?

OABB
10-16-2017, 07:23 AM
Is this guy serious or hilarious? I honestly can’t tell

socalorado
10-16-2017, 07:26 AM
Is this guy serious or hilarious? I honestly canít tell

He has TDS. Bad.

go_broncos
10-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Hilarious!

A Defiant Goose
10-16-2017, 07:27 AM
Did someone say Tom Brady?

A Defiant Goose
10-16-2017, 07:28 AM
BTW he's winning right now with a terrible line. So, false.

Though he might die by week 10 if he keeps taking these hits

OABB
10-16-2017, 07:35 AM
BTW he's winning right now with a terrible line. So, false.

Though he might die by week 10 if he keeps taking these hits

Donít tease me

OABB
10-16-2017, 07:36 AM
He has TDS. Bad.

What is TDS?

socalorado
10-16-2017, 07:43 AM
What is TDS?

Trump Derangement Syndrome - A mental dysfunction causing those detractors with hateful thoughts and feelings about Donald Trump to go unhinged.

Elway>Trump

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 07:45 AM
While the pass protection is bad, mainly because the RT position is so terrible (LG isn't that good either), Tom Brady would win with this team. They would be a legit Super Bowl contender. With the weapons at WR and the defense that they have, add a 1st tier QB to that mix and they would probably be the favorite to win it all. Hell, Peyton Manning didn't have great O lines while in Denver. But the ball was gone so quick that it didn't matter.

This is just another excuse for Siemian's poor play. If it's all about the o line, then why even bother analyzing the play of all of these QBs? Why pay QBs big money? Just invest in the O line, right?

The OP pretty much equated Brady to a 7th round pick. Oh wait, Brady was a 7th round pick. ;D That's about the only thing in common that Brady and Siemian have. Elite QBs like Brady can still get the job done with lessor talent around them. Put Brees or Rodgers on this team and we're gearing up for a Super Bowl run. Even second tier QBs like Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Wilson, and a few others, would at least be able to get the job done, even with the O line issues that the Broncos have.

The O line isn't doing Siemian any favors, but if he was a legit QB, he would at least be able to function enough to win games with this roster.

Brohemoth
10-16-2017, 07:47 AM
The pass protection is average. The denial is real in Broncos land. We don't have a quarterback. Own it.

There are multiple positions to address, but QB is #1. RT is #2.

go_broncos
10-16-2017, 07:56 AM
While the pass protection is bad, mainly because the RT position is so terrible (LG isn't that good either), Tom Brady would win with this team. They would be a legit Super Bowl contender. With the weapons at WR and the defense that they have, add a 1st tier QB to that mix and they would probably be the favorite to win it all. Hell, Peyton Manning didn't have great O lines while in Denver. But the ball was gone so quick that it didn't matter.

This is just another excuse for Siemian's poor play. If it's all about the o line, then why even bother analyzing the play of all of these QBs? Why pay QBs big money? Just invest in the O line, right?

The OP pretty much equated Brady to a 7th round pick. Oh wait, Brady was a 7th round pick. ;D That's about the only thing in common that Brady and Siemian have. Elite QBs like Brady can still get the job done with lessor talent around them. Put Brees or Rodgers on this team and we're gearing up for a Super Bowl run. Even second tier QBs like Rivers, Stafford, Ryan, Cousins, Wilson, and a few others, would at least be able to get the job done, even with the O line issues that the Broncos have.

The O line isn't doing Siemian any favors, but if he was a legit QB, he would at least be able to function enough to win games with this roster.

I agree..right now, i don't see how any one can support TS with the way he is playing.
Time to roll with Brock.

DENVERDUI55
10-16-2017, 08:05 AM

They sure would. It's just a troll thread.

BroncoFox
10-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Brock will probably be just as bad.. if Trevor really is the issue, the fix isn't Brock.. or Lynch.. or Kelly. It's a QB that isn't on our team right now.

NASurfer
10-16-2017, 08:10 AM
There comes a point where the QB is going to have to make plays when everything around him isn't working perfectly. There are tools the QB can use: changing the play, shuffling the protection, adjusting his drop back away from the pressure, getting rid of the ball quicker. Those are the kind of things Tom Brady has excelled at, and yes he has had plenty of spotty lines and a shuffling supporting cast around him through out his career.

I've actually been a Siemian supporter so far. I think there has to be a little bit of patience when you let a young QB take the reins, but I was pissed off last night. We should have rolled the Giants, and instead we let them and a team like Buffalo smack us around. I think Lynch sucks so I'm not really anxious to play him, but I do want to see what Chad Kelly has.

Last night was terrible. Reality is sitting in a whole lot earlier this year for sure.

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 08:15 AM
OP is a retard.

rmsanger
10-16-2017, 08:18 AM
Never go full potato OP.... You went full potato and HAM at it while doing so.

4-Reals

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 08:19 AM
Brock will probably be just as bad.. if Trevor really is the issue, the fix isn't Brock.. or Lynch.. or Kelly. It's a QB that isn't on our team right now.

I agree on the first three, but I would stop short of making a definitive statement on Kelly. Heís got talent so you never know.

Brohemoth
10-16-2017, 08:21 AM

Hey now, Kelly is a Round 1-3 talent who won some big time games and hasn't stirred up any trouble in Denver yet. Until he makes a fool out of himself he deserves a chance.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-16-2017, 08:32 AM
I agree on the first three, but I would stop short of making a definitive statement on Kelly. Heís got talent so you never know.

Yeah, and the only reason we have faith in Kelly is because we've never seen him. ugh, rough seas ahead.

go_broncos
10-16-2017, 08:36 AM

I want to see what Brock can do as we don't have Sloter.
Lynch is a bust.

theAPAOps5
10-16-2017, 08:39 AM
Still waiting for OP to deliver his talking points on how Stephenson played last night......

ColoradoDarin
10-16-2017, 08:45 AM
OL is decent/serviceable except for RT.

Reals
10-16-2017, 08:48 AM
They sure would. It's just a troll thread.

Elway himself refereed to our O-Line last year as pretty much a complete failure. Besides Leary, Watson, Barbre and the rookie aren't huge upgrades from that group. At least not yet. Just watching the tape anyone can see that Trev's pocket is breaking down much quicker than it should. Add to that our Raider-esque false-starts and holds, and you have a **** O-Line that even Brady couldn't win with.

theAPAOps5
10-16-2017, 08:50 AM
What exactly is refereed? Is that some slang used by kids to make sure you aren’t hogging the bong?

Reals
10-16-2017, 08:52 AM
OL is decent/serviceable except for RT.

This is retarded. For one, RT is 20% of the line. Two, Trev is an accurate QB who typically makes smart decisions... What's happening is our O-line's ineptness has put him on his toes and is forcing him to rush his throws. Our awful TE group, (maybe the worst in the league) adds to this.

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 08:53 AM
Yeah, and the only reason we have faith in Kelly is because we've never seen him. ugh, rough seas ahead.

I have no faith in him. I just havenít seen him play yet and heís got lots of talent. Thatís all it comes down to. The longshot chance heís a natural in the NFL is the only hope we have at this point.

2KBack
10-16-2017, 08:55 AM
This is retarded. For one, RT is 20% of the line. Two, Trev is an accurate QB who typically makes smart decisions... What's happening is our O-line's ineptness has put him on his toes and is forcing him to rush his throws. Our awful TE group, (maybe the worst in the league) adds to this.

There isn't any actual evidence that he makes smart decisions, that's the stereo typical go to for a guy with limited physical skills who is apparently smart. Not to mention there is little evidence of him being all that accurate either.

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 08:57 AM

Siemian makes everyone around him worse. How do people not get this by now?

Reals
10-16-2017, 08:58 AM
Still waiting for OP to deliver his talking points on how Stephenson played last night......

Why does he still even have a locker? A guy should only gets so many chances. Elway won't cut him bc it would make him look bad cutting a big FA after only one season. It's why we'll have to endure through Watson for another season as well. Elway is such a joke talent evaluator.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-16-2017, 09:03 AM

So smart that Janoris Jenkins said how easy it was to read Siemian.

Reals
10-16-2017, 09:07 AM
There isn't any actual evidence that he makes smart decisions, that's the stereo typical go to for a guy with limited physical skills who is apparently smart. Not to mention there is little evidence of him being all that accurate either.

Except for the game film. His ball placement has improved substantially this year and his decision making is on par or above a typical QB with 19 starts under his belt. Atleast he doesn't hold on to the ball too long like Brock or Paxton. Atleast he doesn't sit back there and take sacks all ****ing day. Go back and watch the Falcons game from last season or the Chargers finale for 2015. Those 2 just don't process the play quick enough to get the ball out when it needs to. Trev does.

yerner
10-16-2017, 09:07 AM
We won a superbowl with a oline that was worse two years ago. Trevor is just bad. landon collins said trevor was holding the ball too long becauze he didnt get what he expected.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:09 AM
There comes a point where the QB is going to have to make plays when everything around him isn't working perfectly. There are tools the QB can use: changing the play, shuffling the protection, adjusting his drop back away from the pressure, getting rid of the ball quicker. Those are the kind of things Tom Brady has excelled at, and yes he has had plenty of spotty lines and a shuffling supporting cast around him through out his career.

Good points. Most O lines have issues. There aren't very many O lines have have five legit players. Most lines have a weak link or two. But elite QBs, and even 2nd tier QBs, still find a way to get it done.

When a legit QB gets behind a complete O line, obviously magic is going to happen. But many legit QBs have still performed at a high level behind questionable lines.

On the flip side, we've seen good O lines with bad QBs behind them, and it didn't work. The Cowboys have had a very good O line for a few years now. What happened in 2015 when Romo got hurt? Season over. I don't have the numbers in front of me (and I don't feel like looking them up), but I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys backup QBs sucked behind that great O line.

So the OP's point that it comes down to the O line is just false.

Rabb
10-16-2017, 09:11 AM

TLDR; Everyone's fault but Trevor's

BroncoSojia
10-16-2017, 09:12 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Odd/telling stat acc to <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> Siemian 9-19 w 2 INTs and a 42.3 passer rating when had 2.6 seconds or more to throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/DenverChannel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DenverChannel</a></p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/919957785017696257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rabb
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Odd/telling stat acc to <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> Siemian 9-19 w 2 INTs and a 42.3 passer rating when had 2.6 seconds or more to throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/DenverChannel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DenverChannel</a></p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/919957785017696257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

THANKS A LOT RT!!!

Jason in LA
One other example of a great O line with a bad QB. The Raiders last year after Carr went down. If we go by the OP's logic, they still should have been fine because it comes down to the O line. But the Raiders' offense was terrible in the final game of the year and in the playoff loss.

Gutless Drunk
10-16-2017, 09:15 AM
Atleast he doesn't hold on to the ball too long like Brock or Paxton. Atleast he doesn't sit back there and take sacks all ****ing day. Go back and watch the Falcons game from last season or the Chargers finale for 2015. Those 2 just don't process the play quick enough to get the ball out when it needs to. Trev does.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYGiants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NYGiants</a> Landon Collins &quot;[Siemian] was just holding it [the ball] too long and not letting it go.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/1043TheFan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@1043TheFan</a></p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/919799736260952064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

Reals
10-16-2017, 09:15 AM
One other example of a great O line with a bad QB. The Raiders last year after Carr went down. If we go by the OP's logic, they still should have been fine because it comes down to the O line. But the Raiders' offense was terrible in the final game of the year and in the playoff loss.

That's not what I said at all.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:16 AM

Wow. Thank you for providing that stat. It goes to show what a lot of us have been saying. We've acknowledged that pass protection has been an issue. But at the same time, when Siemian has had time to throw, he's still struggled. He hasn't taken advantage of the opportunities that he has had.

When that point was made in the past, one poster here still blamed it on the O line, saying that Siemian is so worried about the protection that he's struggling even when the protection is good. That's just BS.

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 09:17 AM

Wow. Being a Siemian fan is a sign of retardation at this point.

Reals
10-16-2017, 09:18 AM

Yeah, if you add the 4th quarter when they were playing off.

Ironlung
10-16-2017, 09:19 AM
Atleast Brady would step up in the pocket when pressured. Siemian takes off backwards. His pocket presence is atrocious.

go_broncos
10-16-2017, 09:19 AM

WOW..
If i am Elway, I will ask VJ to start Brock.
TS experiment is done.

BroncoSojia
10-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Yeah, if you add the 4th quarter when they were playing off.

Now I know you're trolling. Hilarious! Those INTs came in the first half of the game.

DENVERDUI55
Elway himself refereed to our O-Line last year as pretty much a complete failure. Besides Leary, Watson, Barbre and the rookie aren't huge upgrades from that group. At least not yet. Just watching the tape anyone can see that Trev's pocket is breaking down much quicker than it should. Add to that our Raider-esque false-starts and holds, and you have a **** O-Line that even Brady couldn't win with.

Throw in Trevor seeing ghosts and panicking when he should step up and fore the ball somewhere.

Agamemnon
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYGiants?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NYGiants</a> Landon Collins &quot;[Siemian] was just holding it [the ball] too long and not letting it go.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/1043TheFan?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@1043TheFan</a></p>&mdash; Cecil Lammey (@CecilLammey) <a href="https://twitter.com/CecilLammey/status/919799736260952064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote>

Thatís what I saw on a lot of plays.

go_broncos
Comparing TS with Tom Brady..Really???

ColoradoDarin

He looks lost if his first read isn't wide open.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:21 AM
That's not what I said at all.

You put the blame on the O line.

but in the end it comes down to our **** O-Line.

The way I read that, coupled with the title of this thread that says that "Tom Brady couldn't win with our offensive line," what else am I supposed to think that you're saying? Seems to me that you're putting all of the blame on the O line and you're making the QB irrelevant.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:24 AM

I've been waiting for a year and a half now to see this QB who is accurate and makes smart decisions. That has always seemed like a made up narrative to me. It's just a way to justify starting him.

Rohirrim
10-16-2017, 09:25 AM
I liked the play where Siemian just froze with the ball in his hand, forcing Bolles to hold and save his ass. :rofl:

Reals
10-16-2017, 09:28 AM

And that's pretty rich considering they were holding our guys all night. I counted at least 5 times a PI should have been called when it wasn't. Add to that our lack of running game, our typical raider-like penalties (turner, barbre), and being forced to play from behind, and yeah, I don't think TRev was that terrible, save for 1 play.

Dr.10-307
10-16-2017, 09:29 AM
I disagree with the OP. This team is a SB contender with TB as QB. Tom Brady has great pocket awareness and Trevor has ZERO pocket awareness. Brady shifts away from the rush or up into the pocket when edge rushers are pushed wide. TS has problems sensing the defenders and either shifts into the rush or backwards. Yes, the OL has problems, but a good QB can help mitigate them.

Agamemnon
10-16-2017, 09:32 AM
And that's pretty rich considering they were holding our guys all night. I counted at least 5 times a PI should have been called when it wasn't. Add to that our lack of running game, our typical raider-like penalties (turner, barbre), and being forced to play from behind, and yeah, I don't think TRev was that terrible, save for 1 play.

No oneís buying what youíre selling Short Bus.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:33 AM

If you want to make the argument that the O line is a bigger problem than Siemian, I'd say that people could to some degree get on board with that. But if you continue to say that Brady couldn't win behind this O line, people are going to think that you're way off base and just trying to make excuses for Siemian.

I'd say that you should make your point without attaching elite QBs to it.

RaiderH8r
10-16-2017, 09:35 AM
The pass protection is average. The denial is real in Broncos land. We don't have a quarterback. Own it.

We have a QB on the roster. Problem is our best one happens to be our 57 year old GM.

That said, RT is absent. Gone. Nothing there but an occasional stiff breeze. That gets in a QB's head. Practice after practice. Week after week. Month after month of having to cast a wary eye to the left side of the defense wondering if he's going to get 1.5 seconds of protection or enough time to even set up a 3 step drop. It's untenable. Dude's brain is constantly prepared and assuming he's going to be under duress, and most of the time he's right. Which screws up his thinking, patience, and progressions on those rare occasions our RT can manage to be more than a speed bump in pass pro.

The silver lining, for me anyway, is that I thought anybody would be an upgrade over Watson. I was wrong. Somebody out there is worse at RT than Watson and his name is Turner. Turner, get a haircut and remember to lift with your legs because you're better suited to moving furniture than playing in the NFL.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Except for the game film. His ball placement has improved substantially this year and his decision making is on par or above a typical QB with 19 starts under his belt. Atleast he doesn't hold on to the ball too long like Brock or Paxton. Atleast he doesn't sit back there and take sacks all ****ing day. Go back and watch the Falcons game from last season or the Chargers finale for 2015. Those 2 just don't process the play quick enough to get the ball out when it needs to. Trev does.

I'd say that when Siemian's first read is open really quick, he's good. He gets the ball out on time and throws an accurate ball. When he has to go through his progressions, the play falls apart. That's partly due to the pass protection not giving him time. But even when he does have time, he still does poorly when he has to find other options.

RaiderH8r
10-16-2017, 09:37 AM

Because 90% of the time the RT doesn't block long enough for him to get past his first read. He's as stunned as we are when whichever piece of mastodon dung we have at RT maintains pass pro for more than 1.5 seconds.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:39 AM

I totally agree. When his first read comes open really quick, he looks good. But if that read isn't open, he looks as bad as Lynch on his first read. Just lost.

Jason in LA
10-16-2017, 09:41 AM

You must be related to Siemian.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-16-2017, 09:43 AM
Because 90% of the time the RT doesn't block long enough for him to get past his first read. He's as stunned as we are when whichever piece of mastodon dung we have at RT maintains pass pro for more than 1.5 seconds.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Odd/telling stat acc to <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> Siemian 9-19 w 2 INTs and a 42.3 passer rating when had 2.6 seconds or more to throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/DenverChannel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DenverChannel</a></p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/919957785017696257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BroncoSojia
10-16-2017, 09:49 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Odd/telling stat acc to <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Broncos?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Broncos</a> Siemian 9-19 w 2 INTs and a 42.3 passer rating when had 2.6 seconds or more to throw. <a href="https://twitter.com/DenverChannel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DenverChannel</a></p>&mdash; Troy Renck (@TroyRenck) <a href="https://twitter.com/TroyRenck/status/919957785017696257?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 16, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now now, he doesn't need facts getting in the way of his argument.

Rabb
10-16-2017, 09:51 AM

What is your reddit username?

socalorado
10-16-2017, 10:05 AM

THIS^
OP IS AN IDIOT

wicked bronco
10-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Brady has had worse Olines and the coaching staff compensated for it by designing plays that allowed Brady to get the ball out quicker. If players on the Oline are having trouble blocking you have two choices, either by adding another blocker to help chip or double team or you design short pass plays to get the ball out quicker.

manchambo
10-16-2017, 10:24 AM
THIS^
OP IS AN IDIOT

You do realize what the other side of that stat is, and why Renck called it "odd," don't you?

OABB
10-16-2017, 10:27 AM
THANKS A LOT RT!!!

Hhahhahahahahahaha

RaiderH8r
10-16-2017, 10:48 AM

Like I said, he's as stunned as anybody to get more than 2 seconds of pass pro. Takes a moment to process what he's seeing.

GaryPupiak
10-16-2017, 10:49 AM

^x1000

We've given the Simien experiment the college try and it hasn't worked.

tonngo0
10-16-2017, 01:10 PM
I totally agree. When his first read comes open really quick, he looks good. But if that read isn't open, he looks as bad as Lynch on his first read. Just lost.

The pick-6 last night was horrible, Trevor didn't even know it was a zone.