PDA

View Full Version : Black Victim of White Supremacist's Attack Charged with a Felony for Defending Himself

footstepsfrom#27
10-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Racist Footsteps is picking on "white people" again... :giggle:

The black man seen on video during the Charlottesville incident being attacked in a parking garage by a group of six white supremacist thugs who beat him with metal poles and a wood plank, causing a spinal injury, has been charged with a felony for trying to defend himself. A judge issued a warrant after a guy who runs a white supremacy hate group asked him/her to.

Cue the bull**** from the usual morons...

Full story:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/the-brutal-beating-of-black-man-by-white-supremacists-still-roils-charlottesville/2017/10/10/e5994132-a515-11e7-8cfe-d5b912fabc99_story.html?utm_term=.69419d2b3bbd

Black man attacked by white supremacists in Charlottesville faces felony charge

By Ian Shapira and Derek Hawkins October 10 at 6:44 PM

The black man beaten in a Charlottesville parking garage by white supremacists after a “Unite the Right” rally has been charged with a crime in connection with the incident, even as police continue searching for some of the people who kicked him to the ground and pummeled him.

A local magistrate issued an arrest warrant Monday for DeAndre Harris on a felony charge of unlawful wounding after a man, identified by Harris’s attorney as Harold Ray Crews, reported that he was injured by the 20-year-old during the August brawl. Crews, who describes himself as a “Southern Nationalist” and an attorney on Twitter, did not return phone calls seeking comment.

The magistrate’s charge against Harris, who suffered a spinal injury and a head laceration that required 10 stitches, came less than 48 hours after a second rally by white supremacists and white nationalists in Charlottesville and caught the city’s police department by surprise.

“We were not expecting this. We were expecting to do our own investigation into the man’s allegations,” said Detective Sgt. Jake Via, who is supervising the parking garage case.

But alleged crime victims can go to magistrates for warrants after they’ve filed police reports.

Harris’s attorney, S. Lee Merritt, denounced the charge and said it was orchestrated by the League of the South, an organization labeled by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. Crews, who runs the group’s North Carolina chapter, was not injured “in any way” by Harris, Merritt said.

“We find it highly offensive and upsetting,” Merritt said, “but what’s more jarring is that he’s been charged with the same crime as the men who attacked him.”

GreatBronco16
10-10-2017, 08:32 PM
When you have to start off a thread like this defending yourself in the first sentence, you just might be what you think you're not.

footstepsfrom#27
10-10-2017, 08:46 PM
When you have to start off a thread like this defending yourself in the first sentence, you just might be what you think you're not.
Defending myself? Hilarious!

I'm mocking you and your pals silly fool.

GreatBronco16
10-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Defending myself?

Exactly. Make sure you keep us all up to date on what happens.

tcash777
10-10-2017, 10:15 PM
Footsteps...LOL :) Ur so pathetic and miserable. You will always be miserable which now makes me happy. Don't be so jelly! If you can change literally everything about yourself you could be happy too.

ZONA
10-10-2017, 10:47 PM
And thus far 2 alr-righties comment about the OP and nothing on the story itself.

GreatBronco16
10-10-2017, 10:53 PM
And thus far 2 alr-righties comment about the OP and nothing on the story itself.

What's there to say nimrod? It's wrong. I don't condone this and never have. I don't have to say it in every single thread.

He didn't post this to draw attention to it, he made it about himself.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-11-2017, 02:09 AM
What's there to say nimrod? It's wrong. I don't condone this and never have. I don't have to say it in every single thread.

For a guy who "doesn't condone this" (and other similar offenses) you certainly have a habit of reacting in a defensive manner and attacking the messenger whenever such stories are presented.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-11-2017, 02:12 AM
Defending myself? Hilarious!

I'm mocking you and your pals silly fool.

Amazing to think there are chuckle heads on this forum who actually believe posting stories like this one is "racist against white people."

Sort of like "raise a flag and see who salutes" in the negative, I guess.

swaiy
10-11-2017, 03:26 AM
SMH meanwhile his attackers are walking around without charges.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:26 AM
Exactly. They love to deflect by making it not about what happened but who reports it....because in their world, racism is all about bothering white men by telling them what's going on. This is actually how they see themselves, as the VICTIMS of white racism by other whites who want to change things.

Let that marinate in your brain a moment.

The new victims of racism are white men who have to hear about what black men and women go through. These same people scoff at unarmed black people being murdered in the streets by cops who the system protects no matter how much evidence there is against them.

These are the real snowflakes.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:28 AM

Hardly. I merely gave you an opportunity to show your true colors.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:36 AM
SMH meanwhile his attackers are walking around without charges.
This guy was fortunate he was next door to the police station (sarcasm). Otherwise the thugs might have felt free to really do some damage. He's beaten within an inch of his life by six terrorists and he's facing a felony for swinging at one with a flashlight.

Just imagine if this guy was a Muslim. He'd probably be in Gitmo by now getting water boarded. This is the America these asswipes wanted. Is anyone fooled by this feeble reply that "It's wrong but what should we have to say about it?"

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-11-2017, 05:09 AM
Exactly. They love to deflect by making it not about what happened but who reports it....because in their world, racism is all about bothering white men by telling them what's going on. This is actually how they see themselves, as the VICTIMS of white racism by other whites who want to change things.

Let that marinate in your brain a moment.

The new victims of racism are white men who have to hear about what black men and women go through. These same people scoff at unarmed black people being murdered in the streets by cops who the system protects no matter how much evidence there is against them.

These are the real snowflakes.

The fact that they selected this skid mark as their leader tells you all you need to know...

https://s1.postimg.org/2t1ippv7gv/E09_B4_C10-_E0_CB-4_C16-_BC0_E-_F7482_B1191_D3.jpg

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 05:40 AM
The fact that they selected this skid mark as their leader tells you all you need to know...

https://s1.postimg.org/2t1ippv7gv/E09_B4_C10-_E0_CB-4_C16-_BC0_E-_F7482_B1191_D3.jpg
This morning we learned two new things about these nincompoops;

1) They're "too alpha" to be victims of racism. Why? Because "they" all share the superior genes necessary of course.

2) Their little feelings are hurt when one of their own goes off the reservation.

Can you imagine how long these pathetic little "alpha" snowflakes would last in the hood? :sunshine:

cutthemdown
10-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Wrong again. He's not being charged from the encounter where he got beat. He's being charged for his assault on a completely different person earlier in the melee.

cutthemdown
10-11-2017, 01:19 PM
If he's not guilty he can prove that in court. Get a good public defender loser!

swaiy
10-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Wrong again. He's not being charged from the encounter where he got beat. He's being charged for his assault on a completely different person earlier in the melee.

I guess you didn't watch the videos lol...

ShaneFalco
10-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Hilarious!

ZONA
10-11-2017, 01:48 PM

Nimrod? Really? Crawl out from that rock loser. Nobody says that for the past 20 years.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 03:11 PM
You got this from where?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-11-2017, 03:55 PM
When you have to start off a thread like this defending yourself in the first sentence...

Defending himself, or simply anticipating what everyone already knows your response is going to be?

It's not hard to predict.

tcash777
10-11-2017, 09:22 PM

I have to admit. I didn't read the article before posting. The reason? Because you guys are always crying wolf.

Yesterday one of you nimrods posted a link trying to say that 95% of food stamps are used by white people. I thought, "oh wow, not what I expected. I better read this. Sounds like a liberal actually posted a useful fact" I clicked and spent 10 min reading it...only to find out that the moron cherry picked a stat from a tiny trailer park town in Kentucky and used it to say that was the make-up of food stamps usage for the entire country.

Just the same, each time another poor black innocent kid with his hands up gets shot, I click the link to my shock and horror until i see that the headline was false and the kid legally had to be shot because he was threatening the cop.

Stop crying wolf and we'll respect you more.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 09:28 PM
I have to admit. I didn't read the article before posting. The reason? Because you guys are always crying wolf.

Yesterday one of you nimrods posted a link trying to say that 95% of food stamps are used by white people. I thought, "oh wow, not what I expected. I better read this. Sounds like a liberal actually posted a useful fact" I clicked and spent 10 min reading it...only to find out that the moron cherry picked a stat from a tiny trailer park town in Kentucky and used it to say that was the make-up of food stamps usage for the entire country.

Just the same, each time another poor black innocent kid with his hands up gets shot, I click the link to my shock and horror until i see that the headline was false and the kid legally had to be shot because he was threatening the cop.

How's Floyd's crossover dribble? Hilarious!

You're a nitwit.

tcash777
10-11-2017, 09:30 PM
How's Floyd's crossover dribble? Hilarious!

You're a nitwit.

He is not very good. He talks mad **** though. I can outplay him. Of course, he is really small. He is a fun guy to play against. Actually, his **** talk is similar to Trump's speak...haha. Miss a shot "I'm the greatest" Miss another shot.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-12-2017, 04:41 AM

Riiiight - all the cases of extrajudicial killings of unarmed black men by rogue cops that appear in the news every time you turn around (Philandro Castile being probably the most high-profile and egregious case) are just figments of our collective imagination. ::)

That's the ticket, Jethro.

Yesterday one of you nimrods posted a link trying to say that 95% of food stamps are used by white people.

:bs:

It was a link to an article that showed that the county with the highest rate of food stamp use in America was ~95% white and ~95% Republican.

I posted the link in response to your efforts to broad brush black people (blacks who identify as liberal and who are not your "friends," that is) as a bunch of lazy, shiftless bums who are unable to accomplish anything in life without affirmative action, welfare, food stamps, etc.

You know? The usual racist trope.

All it took was one counterexample to blow your stupid generalization up.

Then either your reading comprehension sucks or you're just flat-out in denial.

Or maybe you're one of these right-wing half-wits who only reads Breitbart and Infowars?

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 05:04 AM
You got this from where?

Literally from the article you just posted

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 05:07 AM

Well you made the right choice. Fake news racesteps making up a headline that doesn't represent the actual facts the article is presenting. Which is that the dude got jumped and got his ass beat by 6 racist white guys but he's being charged because he assaulted someone before that ass beating.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-12-2017, 05:25 AM
Well you made the right choice. Fake news racesteps making up a headline that doesn't represent the actual facts the article is presenting. Which is that the dude got jumped and got his ass beat by 6 racist white guys but he's being charged because he assaulted someone before that ass beating.

Thanks for the Klansplanation. :wave:

Chicago_Bronco
10-12-2017, 05:58 AM
Thanks for the Klansplanation. :wave:

Annnnnd Goose is now a racist.

footstepsfrom#27
10-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Literally from the article you just posted
Nope. It says nothing like that.

footstepsfrom#27
10-12-2017, 06:34 AM
Quote it.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Quote it.

You know what, you are right and I was wrong. I apologize and I take it back. I interpreted this:

"A local magistrate issued an arrest warrant Monday for DeAndre Harris on a felony charge of unlawful wounding after a man, identified by Harris’s attorney as Harold Ray Crews, reported that he was injured by the 20-year-old during the August brawl"

As the entire protest/event which made me think Harris punched a white supremacist at a protest and later got his ass beat. So, you got me there and I'll take my licks. But you're still racist

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Oh btw that attack sounds like exhibit A as to why I carry 18 rounds of .45 ACP on me everywhere I can. If Harris was carrying he might've been able to fight back rather than nearly be beaten to death

footstepsfrom#27
10-12-2017, 07:04 AM
Oh btw that attack sounds like exhibit A as to why I carry 18 rounds of .45 ACP on me everywhere I can. If Harris was carrying he might've been able to fight back rather than nearly be beaten to death
Or shot to death by a trigger happy cop as he told him he was a licensed gun owner with a permit.

Thanks for at least admitting what the story says.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Or shot to death by a trigger happy cop as he told him he was a licensed gun owner with a permit.

Thanks for at least admitting what the story says.

I doubt that would happen if he weren't reaching for his gun or his permit while cops approached him after shooting 6 people

footstepsfrom#27
10-12-2017, 08:09 AM
I doubt that would happen if he weren't reaching for his gun or his permit while cops approached him after shooting 6 people
I used to doubt that a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun would be gunned down by cops 2 seconds after they arrive on the scene when a dispatcher is told by the citizen who reported it that it might be a toy. I used to doubt a cop would shoot a man in the back who's fleeing and 20 yards away from him. I used to doubt a cop could pull up to a scene where a woman just reported a rape in her alley and he'd shoot her through the door of his cruiser without provocation. I used to doubt a cop would broadcast to the entire world on video his intention to murder someone and five seconds later do it.

I doubt lots of things no more.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 08:24 AM
I used to doubt that a 12 year old boy playing with a toy gun would be gunned down by cops 2 seconds after they arrive on the scene when a dispatcher is told by the citizen who reported it that it might be a toy. I used to doubt a cop would shoot a man in the back who's fleeing and 20 yards away from him. I used to doubt a cop could pull up to a scene where a woman just reported a rape in her alley and he'd shoot her through the door of his cruiser without provocation. I used to doubt a cop would broadcast to the entire world on video his intention to murder someone and five seconds later do it.

Good things to doubt. You should carry a gun to defend yourself from that happening, just in case

footstepsfrom#27
10-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Good things to doubt. You should carry a gun to defend yourself from that happening, just in case

I go places unarmed that I doubt you would go with an arsenal. I've never had a problem. I choose not to live that way.

Agamemnon
10-12-2017, 09:24 AM

Carry a gun to defend yourself from cops? Seriously?

swaiy
10-12-2017, 10:45 AM

If you pizza when you're supposed to french fry, you're gon a have a bad time!

No way in hell would someone without a deathwish defend themselves from the cops with a gun.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 11:38 AM

Uhh, yes. Shocking I know to use the 2nd amendment for its actual true purpose.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 11:39 AM
If you pizza when you're supposed to french fry, you're gon a have a bad time!

No way in hell would someone without a deathwish defend themselves from the cops with a gun.

I would, if the situation deemed it necessary. Like an unlawful arrest or breaking into my home without a warrant.

ZONA
10-12-2017, 11:46 AM

I don't think Goose thought that one out too well.................Drrrrrrr Hilarious!

Agamemnon
10-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Uhh, yes. Shocking I know to use the 2nd amendment for its actual true purpose.

Sounds good in theory. The reality is you getting into a firefight with cops and then dying in a hail of bullets.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Sounds good in theory. The reality is you getting into a firefight with cops and then dying in a hail of bullets.

Like I said. Depends on the situation. You have the right to resist arrest by any means necessary including lethal force. You all like to talk about having a Nazi dictator in power but are afraid to defend yourselves from him. Suit yourselves

Agamemnon
10-12-2017, 12:11 PM
Like I said. Depends on the situation. You have the right to resist arrest by any means necessary including lethal force. You all like to talk about having a Nazi dictator in power but are afraid to defend yourselves from him. Suit yourselves

You have the right to resist wrongful arrest, but that isn’t going to bring you back from the dead. It also wouldn’t have helped in the examples you were responding to. Hell, one was a kid with a toy gun. A real gun would’ve helped? Stop being an idiot.

cutthemdown
10-12-2017, 12:18 PM
I go places unarmed that I doubt you would go with an arsenal. I've never had a problem. I choose not to live that way.

Why do you have to go to places like that? I choose not to live my life in bad areas lol.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
You have the right to resist wrongful arrest, but that isn’t going to bring you back from the dead. It also wouldn’t have helped in the examples you were responding to. Hell, one was a kid with a toy gun. A real gun would’ve helped? Stop being an idiot.

Ok dickworm obviously it depends on the situation for the 3rd time

Agamemnon
10-12-2017, 12:28 PM
Ok dickworm obviously it depends on the situation for the 3rd time

You were the one who suggested those people should’ve been carrying guns ffs.

A Defiant Goose
10-12-2017, 12:34 PM
You were the one who suggested those people should’ve been carrying guns ffs.

If a cop is going to illegally kill you anyway you might as well.

Edited to emphasize it depends on the situation ie not being a kid playing with a toy gun

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-13-2017, 07:00 AM
https://scontent.fbkk9-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22281552_1274246262687408_4323423957331183594_n.pn g?oh=a56233c2ae80dfc9a92c681464e8c2bc&oe=5A757B9C

Husky Jerk
10-13-2017, 09:54 AM
Sounds like the white supremacist found a loophole in order to get this guy arrested. The magistrate clearly didn't do their homework or didn't care to. Should definitely be looked into. Maybe the magistrate's hands were tied due to the writing of the law. Dunno but nobody should be able to file a false police report and get someone arrested solely on that testimony. Hopefully the prosecutor tosses this out asap and charges the jackass who filed the complaint. At least the police department isn't responsible in this case. I will be stunned if this goes any further. I'm stunned it got this far.

footstepsfrom#27
10-13-2017, 10:48 AM
Sounds like the white supremacist found a loophole in order to get this guy arrested. The magistrate clearly didn't do their homework or didn't care to. Should definitely be looked into. Maybe the magistrate's hands were tied due to the writing of the law. Dunno but nobody should be able to file a false police report and get someone arrested solely on that testimony. Hopefully the prosecutor tosses this out asap and charges the jackass who filed the complaint. At least the police department isn't responsible in this case. I will be stunned if this goes any further. I'm stunned it got this far.
That's correct. According to the story the law allows charges to be filed if a police report was filed, which it was. The prosecutor has discretion on whether to accept the case, and you would think this will get tossed...but who knows?

This guy runs a hate group. One would "assume" that's enough to provide enough skeptism to avoid this case being accepted.

Husky Jerk
10-13-2017, 03:35 PM
That's correct. According to the story the law allows charges to be filed if a police report was filed, which it was. The prosecutor has discretion on whether to accept the case, and you would think this will get tossed...but who knows?

This guy runs a hate group. One would "assume" that's enough to provide enough skeptism to avoid this case being accepted.

This was the word that gave me pause while reading it. "Allows" would indicate some leeway for the magistrate. If this is correct then the magistrate is either incompetent or racist. If the law referred to in the article used "compelled" or "mandated" then it's just a poorly thought-out law cited that was abused by a racist. Result A is a problem. Result B is easily fixable.

Rohirrim
10-13-2017, 03:45 PM
There was a time in America when big time lawyers (Darrow, Thurgood Marshall) would step into a case like this pro bono, to have it tried publicly and force the issue into the spotlight. I guess no more of that.

spdirty
10-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Can you imagine how long these pathetic little "alpha" snowflakes would last in the hood? :sunshine:

We work for a living. So that we don't have to live in the "hood."

footstepsfrom#27
10-13-2017, 07:44 PM
We work for a living. So that we don't have to live in the "hood."
Lots of people on the hood work for a living.

That also doesn't change my point.