PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Rapist Gets Custody of Child

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-08-2017, 01:29 PM
Raped and impregnated at 12, she must now permit her rapist to visit her child. If you thought this was a story out of Pakistan or some other Islamic theocracy you would be forgiven your error. Surely this cannot happen in America — in 2017? Apparently, it can.

https://s1.postimg.org/8imb8ij2v3/IMG_6704.jpg

As reported in the Detroit News:

A Sanilac County Circuit judge has granted parenting time and joint legal custody of an 8-year-old boy to a convicted sex offender [Christoper Mirasolo, 27] who allegedly raped the child’s mother nine years ago.

There is no ‘allegedly’. A DNA test established that Mirasolo is the father of the now 9-year-old child. The mother is 21. The math, if you add in a nine-month pregnancy, confirms her age at conception as 12. Regardless of force, it was rape.

It gets worse:

[Judge Gregory S.] Ross disclosed the rape victim’s address to Mirasolo and ordered Mirasolo’s name to be added to the child’s birth certificate — all without the victim’s consent or a hearing, according to Kiessling [the victim’s lawyer].

And let’s not think for one moment that the child was a product of an inappropriate but close relationship. The assault on the child’s mother took place over two days in which she was kept a captive. The crime was so severe the sentence would have been potentially life — and no less than 25 years. But in a deal, Mirasolo pled guilty to attempted third-degree criminal sexual conduct. And received a year.

And then he did it again.

In March 2010, Mirasolo committed a sex assault on a victim between the ages of 13 and 15 years old. He served only four years for that second offense

It gets even worse. The matter arose as the state was auditing its food stamp program. I’ll let the victim explain.

“They (officials) never explained anything to me. I was receiving about $260 a month in food stamps for me and my son and health insurance for him. I guess they were trying to see how to get some of the money back.”

While this is the first instance of this in the US, evangelicals have been lobbying for parental rights for rapists for a while. Wait till they hear you can save money too. The ‘Christianity’ will be overwhelming.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/7/1705108/-Michigan-Rapist-Gets-Joint-Custody-of-Child?detail=facebook

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/10/06/rape-victim-attacker-joint-child-custody/106374256/

footstepsfrom#27
10-08-2017, 01:51 PM
A child rapist is president so why can't one be a parent...right?

Here's the POS's contact info:

https://www.sanilaccounty.net/publicpages/Entity.aspx?ID=132

Agamemnon
10-08-2017, 02:11 PM
That's just bonkers. The paternity test proves he raped her ffs. Whenever people call our legal system "the justice system" I throw up in my mouth. There is no justice in this country.

gunns
10-08-2017, 03:21 PM
I saw this but did not know he did it again. And they are going to let a female child reside in his home? Unbelievable

Maleficent
10-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Wtf is this bs 😡 Fking bastard.

That poor child.

footstepsfrom#27
10-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Maybe the judge is a kiddie diddler too. Someone should look into it.

cutthemdown
10-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Crazy. This is why I am against plea bargains or laws that say let's let out non violent offenders. Most of the times criminals get to plea bargain to a lessor charge in exchange for a guilty plea.

You look at it on papers and say no big deal, but what he actually did was a huge crime.

This guy should be in prison.

footstepsfrom#27
10-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Crazy. This is why I am against plea bargains or laws that say let's let out non violent offenders.
Rape is not a non-violent offense, so your point is not well made here.
Most of the times criminals get to plea bargain to a lessor charge in exchange for a guilty plea.

You look at it on papers and say no big deal, but what he actually did was a huge crime.

This guy should be in prison.
Literally almost NOBODY would say that.

W*GS
10-08-2017, 07:24 PM
Where's poor wee naif LINO bong boy and his cohorts?

Where's their outrage?

Oh wait - white guy.

Never mind.

swaiy
10-08-2017, 07:25 PM
Crazy. This is why I am against plea bargains or laws that say let's let out non violent offenders. Most of the times criminals get to plea bargain to a lessor charge in exchange for a guilty plea.

So you're an advocate for keeping people locked up while clearly demonstrating your knowledge of even the most basic law is minimal. What part of rape do you consider to be non-violent?

ShaneFalco
10-08-2017, 07:53 PM
This is like giving the memebot control of imgur.

or letting WGS count the ballots during the Florida Recount

Or putting footsteps in control of any type of policy, anywhere.

Just waiting to be abused.

GreatBronco16
10-08-2017, 08:26 PM
There really is no end to our 'fair' legal system. I'm at a lost of words here.

rmsanger
10-08-2017, 09:44 PM
Fd up that dude should still be in jail not somebody smoking a doob.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-09-2017, 12:03 AM
This is like giving the memebot control of imgur.

or letting WGS count the ballots during the Florida Recount

Or putting footsteps in control of any type of policy, anywhere.

Bad news for white nationalist douche bags everywhere .

FYP.

ZONA
10-09-2017, 12:17 AM
This is the VERY reason why women should have the right to choose. Can you imagine the bleeding Republican hearts if she chose not to have this baby? A 12 year old should not be having a baby, period. But now, she has to give visitation rights to the man that raped her (and another girl) and held her captive for 2 days. Talk about a mind screw job. Where's the Republican bleeding hearts over this? Oh yeah, he's white. He's a good guy.

footstepsfrom#27
10-09-2017, 12:41 AM
This is the VERY reason why women should have the right to choose. Can you imagine the bleeding Republican hearts if she chose not to have this baby? A 12 year old should not be having a baby, period. But now, she has to give visitation rights to the man that raped her (and another girl) and held her captive for 2 days. Talk about a mind screw job. Where's the Republican bleeding hearts over this? Oh yeah, he's white. He's a good guy.
Look for the Michigan Appeals Court to reverse this ****. The judge needs to be locked up in an 8x10 cell with his child rapist buddy to keep him company.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2017, 12:58 AM
If those judges are elected, I can see a recall immediately starting. If I was the girl and her parents (figuring they are very much part of the kids (both of them) lives) then I would be finding a place for her to take off. What kind of drugs were the original judge to give such a lenient sentence and then another to grant him fatherly rights? This would open up a huge can of worms but you would hope that if this happened, the child would be over 18 by the time the sicko got out of prison.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2017, 01:01 AM

OMG you sound so ****ing stupid. You actually think anyone is backing this asshole up except NAMBLA? Abortion is legal there and the parents could have had the child get an abortion. Also, most anti abortion laws do not include incest or rape so once again, you are talking out of your ass.

This is one thread that shouldn't have any political differences in it but leave it to you to be "that guy". Congrats.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-09-2017, 04:41 AM
You actually think anyone is backing this a-hole up except NAMBLA? .

Um, actually, yeah.

Those evangelicals who would deny women abortions under any circumstances - even in cases of rape.

You know - your Republican "coalition partners?" :wave:

broncocalijohn
10-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Um, actually, yeah.

Those evangelicals who would deny women abortions under any circumstances - even in cases of rape.

You know - your Republican "coalition partners?" :wave:

Bull****. No abortion for any reason is such a small percentage it would be considered "fringe ". Any new restrictions on abortion has not been included and without looking at a poll, it would be such a small percentage, it wouldn't even be considered.

footstepsfrom#27
10-09-2017, 09:48 AM
OMG you sound so ****ing stupid. You actually think anyone is backing this a-hole up except NAMBLA? Abortion is legal there and the parents could have had the child get an abortion. Also, most anti abortion laws do not include incest or rape so once again, you are talking out of your ass.

This is one thread that shouldn't have any political differences in it but leave it to you to be "that guy". Congrats.
She was apparently targeted with this simply because she was on food stamps. Obviously someone thought it was worth destroying her life and the life of her 8 year old boy to save $260 a month. So the answer is yes.

BTW some elements of the anti-abortion movement are seeking to do away with laws exempting both rape and incest, and in some cases the mother's life as well.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2017, 10:12 AM
She was apparently targeted with this simply because she was on food stamps. Obviously someone thought it was worth destroying her life and the life of her 8 year old boy to save $260 a month. So the answer is yes.

BTW some elements of the anti-abortion movement are seeking to do away with laws exempting both rape and incest, and in some cases the mother's life as well.

There are people in the gun banning movement that want to strike the 2nd amendment but it wont happen. Those are not the ones who make a law or can get it passed.

rmsanger
10-09-2017, 10:15 AM

fully agreed on that but she chose to bring the life into the world and raise the kid. The fact that she now has to share the custody and be around the rapist is pure blasphemy.

Regardless if christian or atheist .. conservative or liberal I would think we would all agree that this is ***'d up. To further the discussion a convicted rapists should be doing 20 years plus in federal pound him/her in the ass pen. Instead we lock up pot smokers/dealers for this; what a world!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Bull****. No abortion for any reason is such a small percentage it would be considered "fringe "

You asked "do you really think ANYONE OTHER THAN NAMBLA would back the rapist?" in this scenario?

Apparently, someone would...

GOP Candidates Who'd Force Women to Birth a Rapist's Baby

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/gop-candidates-whod-force-women-to-birth-a-rapists-baby-deny-her-child-citizenship-20150820

Cruz makes his case against an abortion rape exception

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/cruz-makes-his-case-against-abortion-rape-exception

Not my fault you don't like the answer.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-09-2017, 10:25 AM
>>Regardless if christian or atheist .. conservative or liberal I would think we would all agree that this is ***'d up. <<

So you would think.

But then there are trolls like Spicoli who would rather attack the messenger than the rapist.

gunns
10-09-2017, 10:28 AM
I've always said, if you want to commit a crime and get a short, lenient sentence, commit it against a child. I don't understand it.

gunns
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
You asked "do you really think ANYONE OTHER THAN NAMBLA would back the rapist?" in this scenario?

Apparently, someone would...

GOP Candidates Who'd Force Women to Birth a Rapist's Baby

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/gop-candidates-whod-force-women-to-birth-a-rapists-baby-deny-her-child-citizenship-20150820

Cruz makes his case against an abortion rape exception

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/cruz-makes-his-case-against-abortion-rape-exception

Not my fault you don't like the answer.

The difference is that this was a child, not a woman. But I doubt this would change anything since a woman's body should be under government control at all times. _i_O_i_

Agamemnon
10-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I've always said, if you want to commit a crime and get a short, lenient sentence, commit it against a child. I don't understand it.

Seems to me sexual crimes in general don’t come with appropriately severe sentences. It’s disgusting.

rmsanger
10-09-2017, 10:34 AM

While this is the first instance of this in the US, evangelicals have been lobbying for parental rights for rapists for a while. Wait till they hear you can save money too. The ‘Christianity’ will be overwhelming.

I don't get the inconsistency on their positions. Christians and largely conservatives tend to be pro death penalty; which I happen to support.

Christians and conservatives are pro rapists getting parental custody? WTF Why wouldn't they also be pro death penalty for this offense as well?

Consistently inconsistent if you ask me.

Agamemnon
10-09-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't get the inconsistency on their positions. Christians and largely conservatives tend to be pro death penalty; which I happen to support.

Christians and conservatives are pro rapists getting parental custody? WTF Why wouldn't they also be pro death penalty for this offense as well?

Consistently inconsistent if you ask me.

Their values are derived from traditional western values where women and children weren’t valued very highly.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-09-2017, 10:40 AM

True.

This is obviously messed up, but not altogether surprising.

We have to remember that it wasn't really THAT long ago that children (and women) in our "enlightened" culture were treated like chattel, and parents or husbands had a "right" to abuse children any way they deemed appropriate (and it was "nobody's business" outside of the family.)

This sad state of affairs reflected an authoritarian pecking order in which children were viewed as less worthy than their "elders and betters."

It's amazing when you realize many child rearing practices which were considered normal and socially acceptable 50-60 years ago are recognized as abusive nowadays.

cutthemdown
10-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Rape is not a non-violent offense, so your point is not well made here.

Literally almost NOBODY would say that.

That is not my point. The point is that what the person did, and what they got charged with are often far apart in terms of the severity of the act.

In this case he got to plea down to 3rd degree sexual misconduct which did not fit the crime he committed. He should have gotten life in prison if they could actually prove he kidnapped and raped this girl.

In other cases some thug is serving a sentence for a non violent drug crime was probably doing much worst when caught, but just took a plea deal and they dropped a charge here and there.

kappys
10-09-2017, 12:55 PM
That is not my point. The point is that what the person did, and what they got charged with are often far apart in terms of the severity of the act.

In this case he got to plea down to 3rd degree sexual misconduct which did not fit the crime he committed. He should have gotten life in prison if they could actually prove he kidnapped and raped this girl.

In other cases some thug is serving a sentence for a non violent drug crime was probably doing much worst when caught, but just took a plea deal and they dropped a charge here and there.

Hit the nail on the head. The major fault lies with the prosecutor that proposed the plea deal and the judge that initially allowed accepted it, both of them should be out of a job. How hard could it possibly be to prove rape with DNA evidence in the form a child and lock this guy away for 20 years?

cutthemdown
10-09-2017, 02:49 PM
Another asked when can rape not be violent, and i would opine that some instances of statutory rape are non violent.

cutthemdown
10-09-2017, 02:50 PM
Go stand outside a church and ask the people coming out if they want rapists to get child custody rights. You may get 1% that say something weird, the rest will be GOD NO!

spdirty
10-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Raped and impregnated at 12, she must now permit her rapist to visit her child. If you thought this was a story out of Pakistan or some other Islamic theocracy you would be forgiven your error. Surely this cannot happen in America — in 2017? Apparently, it can.

https://s1.postimg.org/8imb8ij2v3/IMG_6704.jpg

As reported in the Detroit News:

There is no ‘allegedly’. A DNA test established that Mirasolo is the father of the now 9-year-old child. The mother is 21. The math, if you add in a nine-month pregnancy, confirms her age at conception as 12. Regardless of force, it was rape.

It gets worse:

And let’s not think for one moment that the child was a product of an inappropriate but close relationship. The assault on the child’s mother took place over two days in which she was kept a captive. The crime was so severe the sentence would have been potentially life — and no less than 25 years. But in a deal, Mirasolo pled guilty to attempted third-degree criminal sexual conduct. And received a year.

And then he did it again.

It gets even worse. The matter arose as the state was auditing its food stamp program. I’ll let the victim explain.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/10/7/1705108/-Michigan-Rapist-Gets-Joint-Custody-of-Child?detail=facebook

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/10/06/rape-victim-attacker-joint-child-custody/106374256/

Family court is broken. And nobody gives a **** because it's so gynocentric. And it's one of those issues where nobody gives a **** until it affects them personally. And when it happens to you, nobody will give a **** about the injustice you were just a victim of.

spdirty
10-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Should a boy that's a victim of statutory rape as a 14 year by his "hot teacher" be forced to pay 4 years of back child support when he's 18 or face jail time?

ZONA
10-10-2017, 04:01 PM
Should a boy that's a victim of statutory rape as a 14 year by his "hot teacher" be forced to pay 4 years of back child support when he's 18 or face jail time?

There's more than a great chance he wouldn't go to jail, even if he was 30 and never paid a dime of child support. Many states are forgiving 'arrears' because of data showing the father is more likely to make future payments if they arrears are forgiven.

The prisons are already over crowded and when a parent is in prison, there is zero chance child support payments can be made. Most states and even the Federal Govt have changed the laws as of 2016 to encourage programs that help the father to gain employment so that they can help pay for their kids. The old mentality of throw their ass in jail in many cases are losing ground.

gunns
10-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Court order has been halted. I heard on the news this morning the Judge didn't know about the rapist past. Really?

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:17 PM
There are people in the gun banning movement that want to strike the 2nd amendment but it wont happen. Those are not the ones who make a law or can get it passed.
I think you missed the point.

The lunatic fringe kook in this case is a ****ing JUDGE.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:20 PM
Court order has been halted. I heard on the news this morning the Judge didn't know about the rapist past. Really?
Sure.

How could a judge presiding over a child custody case where one party is a twice convicted child rapist possibly know that just because the other party told him?

Makes perfect sense.

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Go stand outside a church and ask the people coming out if they want rapists to get child custody rights. You may get 1% that say something weird, the rest will be GOD NO!
Ask the same group if they think an accused child rapist should be POTUS and see what they say.

BroncoBeavis
10-11-2017, 04:25 PM

So basically all this flame and spittle for nothing.

Turns out it was just an incompetent judge. Kinda went without saying?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Ask the same group if they think an accused child rapist should be POTUS and see what they say.

"But her emails."

Of course.

cutthemdown
10-12-2017, 01:24 PM

Accused being the operative word here. Totally unrelated to what we are discussing.

cutthemdown
10-12-2017, 01:25 PM
So basically all this flame and spittle for nothing.

Turns out it was just an incompetent judge. Kinda went without saying?

Many times a judge in civil or family law will only know someones criminal history if one of the attorney's shows that evidence to him.

cutthemdown
10-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Ask the same people if an accused killer should be.