PDA

View Full Version : Props to Dallas.

peacepipe
09-25-2017, 07:47 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/25/entire-dallas-cowboys-football-team-defies-trump-kneels-national-anthem.html

The entire Dallas Cowboys team Ė as well as owner Jerry Jones Ė knelt in solidarity on Monday, a clear rebuke of Trump's recent rhetoric.

swaiy
09-25-2017, 08:00 PM
Man, as much as I want to be proud of this, Jerry Jones is a snake. I feel like it was a business decision. Gotta keep his money(players) happy. I'm not buying this guy had a change of heart when he was recently saying he expected all his players to stand.

Plus this chucklehead was 1 of 7 owners to donate millions of dollars to this clown's inauguration.

Endzo
09-25-2017, 08:02 PM
All of this kneeling will definitely stop all of the blacks from killing each other at insane rates.

Then the incarceration rates will drop.

Problem solved.

TonyR
09-25-2017, 08:03 PM
Man, as much as I want to be proud of this, Jerry Jones is a snake. I feel like it was a business decision. Gotta keep his money(players) happy. I'm not buying this guy had a change of heart when he was recently saying he expected all his players to stand.

Plus this chucklehead was 1 of 7 owners to donate millions of dollars to this clown's inauguration.

Note, though, that they did it before the anthem, not during it. Good display of solidarity.

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 08:03 PM

Seems like he's risking some backlash from his redneck fanbase though...

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 08:04 PM
All of this kneeling will definitely stop all of the blacks from killing each other at insane rates.

Problem solved.

Yes, because all the black people in prison are murderers.

swaiy
09-25-2017, 08:05 PM

Problem solved.

How bout that white on white crime? :wave:

Also, endzo, I hope some big black guy bends you over.

cutthemdown
09-25-2017, 08:07 PM
So are they kneeling and saying it's our right to kneel in protest, or are they saying police target blacks, the police are racist, the police shoot black people with no repercussions?

TonyR
09-25-2017, 08:09 PM
So are they kneeling and saying it's our right to kneel in protest, or are they saying police target blacks, the police are racist, the police shoot black people with no repercussions?

I think the protests yesterday and today are mostly about unity against Trump's stupidity.

Endzo
09-25-2017, 08:09 PM
Yes, because all the black people in prison are murderers.

Well, to be exact about 52% of all homicides are committed by blacks. So safe to say it's a big part of the picture.

Endzo
09-25-2017, 08:10 PM

I don't think they even know.

cutthemdown
09-25-2017, 08:11 PM
I think the protests yesterday and today are mostly about unity against Trump's stupidity.

So he basically hijacked the black lives matter protest of Kapernick and shifted all the focus to Trump. I wonder if this is good or bad for the original notion that black lives don't matter to the police.

Endzo
09-25-2017, 08:12 PM

Most homicides are intraracial. I don't think anyone was arguing differently.

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Well, to be exact about 52% of all homicides are committed by blacks. So safe to say it's a big part of the picture.

Big part of what picture? The majority of black people in prisons are there for non-violent offenses, and only a very small percentage are there for murder. Got any more blatantly racist takes for us?

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 08:19 PM

All true...but I get a kick out of him being pressured into doing this. You know he hates this with a passion.

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 08:21 PM
People kept in poverty and treated like **** for 300 years seem to react to it.

Thanks for the light bulb moment Einstein.

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 08:35 PM
People kept in poverty and treated like **** for 300 years seem to react to it.

Thanks for the light bulb moment Einstein.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7114275.jpg

Endzo
09-25-2017, 08:44 PM
Big part of what picture? The majority of black people in prisons are there for non-violent offenses, and only a very small percentage are there for murder. Got any more blatantly racist takes for us?

Less than 25% of the entire prison population is there for a non violent offense. But I'm just being racist.

rmsanger
09-25-2017, 08:56 PM
They knelt before the anthem but stood during so...

Garcia Bronco
09-25-2017, 09:15 PM
A common sense approach from Jerry Jones and the Cowboy players. it doesn't have to be one or the other it can be both. We can protest injustice and still respect the flag and our country.

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When you're not graduating on time but still gotta take the class photo <a href="https://t.co/rkdDPrxqlc">pic.twitter.com/rkdDPrxqlc</a></p>&mdash; Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) <a href="https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/912490197002129408">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

69bronco
09-25-2017, 09:17 PM
They knelt before the anthem but stood during so...

I got no problem with that, I didnít watch but thatís different than kneeling during the anthem like the rest of assholes did

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Less than 25% of the entire prison population is there for a non violent offense. But I'm just being racist.

And now you spout complete lies. You're on a roll!

Unless things drastically changed since 2012 you're full of ****. (https://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=004339)

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 10:09 PM
I feel sorry for the Cowboys. Tomorrow morning, there's going to be such a tweet storm!!

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 10:10 PM

I think they're saying the president is a ****-stain.

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 10:11 PM

That's very kind of you. The guy says something moronic and yet here you are, wishing some romance will enter his life. This is how the healing starts! :thumbs:

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 10:20 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7d/7b/43/7d7b438d0bf8008c49f5f4d74fc62fe3.jpg

LoserSlick
09-26-2017, 12:21 AM
Hilarious!http://www.politicususa.com/2017/09/25/entire-dallas-cowboys-football-team-defies-trump-kneels-national-anthem.html

lol it's called "being handled"

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 02:52 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/8jbfuyf6h/IMG_6544.jpg..

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 03:23 AM
When I hear someone say this, I've found they usually are. It betrays a level of resentment that experience has taught me is the fuel for the kind of bigotry we are currently witnessing. The fact that you almost never visit this forum but this particular topic is the thing that drew your attention immediately catches mine. Clearly you think you've got some kind of statistical leverage to support your bias.

You don't. Here's why:

I can always tell when someone has no idea how stastics are used to produce actual relevant and accurate information because they are fond of quoting random stats without recognition or understanding of the factors that are considered in the interplay of those figures. Your stand alone numbers prove exactly nothing, and I also notice you failed to link to your source. That's an instant red flag that you're unaware of how to handle statistics. even if your numbers are legitimate. Social scientists who do understand statistics study them using a variety of methodologies and produce real research based on many co-existing variables you're apparently unaware of. I'd be willing to bet you are entirely unfamiliar with that kind of research. I suggest you spend some time getting familiar with it. Otherwise you run the risk of running your mouth and speaking from ignorance.

SleepingTiger
09-26-2017, 07:03 AM
A common sense approach from Jerry Jones and the Cowboy players. it doesn't have to be one or the other it can be both. We can protest injustice and still respect the flag and our country.

I can agree with this. I just wish they take it out of football. We don't need politics in football. please

W*GS
09-26-2017, 07:07 AM
I can agree with this. I just wish they take it out of football. We don't need politics in football. please

That happened when the DoD decided to fund "patriotic" stuff at sporting events.

I doubt you even noticed or found it fake.

SleepingTiger
09-26-2017, 07:19 AM
That happened when the DoD decided to fund "patriotic" stuff at sporting events.

I doubt you even noticed or found it fake.

I am sorry, I am a military guy. One of the worst career mistakes I made was letting my family convince me to leave the Air Force. I was in uniform during a Spurs game, I can't tell you how proud I was when the national anthem was played.

W*GS
09-26-2017, 07:22 AM
I am sorry, I am a military guy. One of the worst career mistakes I made was letting my family convince me to leave the Air Force. I was in uniform during a Spurs game, I can't tell you how proud I was when the national anthem was played.

Lots of other military folks support the players. Are they wrong?

What makes rote "patriotism" acceptable?

TonyR
09-26-2017, 07:29 AM

Once again, this issue was mostly fading away. Kaepernick is unemployed, very few players were protesting, and not many people seemed to care. Then Trump had to open his mouth and make disparaging remarks at that speech in Alabama and all hell has broken loose. The league is something of a brotherhood and teams and players felt the understandable need to support and defend their brothers. So if you're upset about the current volume of "politics in football" you should be directing your anger towards the POTUS. An awful lot of you seem to be having a rather difficult time figuring this out.

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 09:21 AM

Stan Laurel: One of the great American comedians of all time died in a ****ty little apartment in Santa Monica because the weasels in Hollywood had ripped him off, extracting all the wealth his genius had created.

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 09:38 AM
Once again, this issue was mostly fading away. Kaepernick is unemployed, very few players were protesting, and not many people seemed to care. Then Trump had to open his mouth and make disparaging remarks at that speech in Alabama and all hell has broken loose. The league is something of a brotherhood and teams and players felt the understandable need to support and defend their brothers. [B[So if you're upset about the current volume of "politics in football" you should be directing your anger towards the POTUS. An awful lot of you seem to be having a rather difficult time figuring this out.[/B]
Exactly.

People seem almost incapable of forming any opinion that's independent of their political opinion these days. There was a time when that wasn't true. The social media world has propagated an environment where every opinion is a Stalingrad...not one inch of concession can ever be admitted lest there be a loss of face. The concept that intelligent. responsive thinking is able to fly above the fray and remain unfettered to culture and peer pressure seems entirely lost.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Once again, this issue was mostly fading away. Kaepernick is unemployed, very few players were protesting, and not many people seemed to care. Then Trump had to open his mouth and make disparaging remarks at that speech in Alabama and all hell has broken loose. The league is something of a brotherhood and teams and players felt the understandable need to support and defend their brothers. So if you're upset about the current volume of "politics in football" you should be directing your anger towards the POTUS. An awful lot of you seem to be having a rather difficult time figuring this out.

And like Shannon said, billionaire owners don't like being told what to do.