PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Skipping Player Introductions

ColoradoDarin
09-25-2017, 11:01 AM
In addition to the weak attendance, it looks like only the opponent fans are the ones even showing up.

Los Angeles Chargers Welcomed Another Embarrassing Crowd In Week 3 (http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/24/los-angeles-chargers-welcomed-another-embarrassing-crowd-in-week-3/)

How bad was it? Well, the Chargers knew the crowd was so pro-Chiefs that they didnít even do player introductions over the public address system due to fears their own players would get booed.

It was like Arrowhead west:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhMSXVUQAAh27z.jpg

And the icing on the cake:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Anthem in Los Angeles ends with a loud &quot;home of the CHIEFS&quot;</p>&mdash; Marty Caswell (@MartyCaswell) <a href="https://twitter.com/MartyCaswell/status/912049354554318848">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a pathetic franchise. They should just fold them up. Start an expansion team next year with a new owner in a new city

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2017, 11:06 AM
lol, thats hilarious.

ludo21
09-25-2017, 11:08 AM
i feel bad for them really, the players and fans that is.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-25-2017, 11:08 AM
LA doesn't care about the Chargers.

And people from SD aren't driving up the (edit: 5). They going to the beach on sundays.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2017, 11:09 AM

And people from SD aren't driving up the 405. They going to the beach on sundays.

Not even a little.

Requiem
09-25-2017, 11:11 AM
What a pathetic franchise. I feel sorry for Rivers, Gates or anyone good on their team.

DHallblows
09-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Very fitting that they play at the StubHub Center seeing as how that's why they manage to fill the stadium with opposing fans....

champhalloffamer
09-25-2017, 11:16 AM
The sad thing is if San Diego were 3-0 there would still be no interest from LA. The arrogance and greed of the NFL to saturate the LA market is backfiring. I hope the Chargers go back to San Diego.

BroncoBeavis
Very fitting that they play at the StubHub Center seeing as how that's why they manage to fill the stadium with opposing fans....

Could actually be the start of an ingenious marketing campaign.

Brohemoth
Is there any way they can return to San Diego or is the bridge permanently burned?

Maleficent
Awww Rivers is a good guy with a lot of passions and he loves PM.

socalorado
09-25-2017, 11:21 AM
Is there any way they can return to San Diego or is the bridge permanently burned?

There's a 645 million dollar relocation fee I believe.

maven
09-25-2017, 11:25 AM
It's no different as if they were in SD.

Chargers should just ride it out

And Denver fans...wear lots of orange for their home game in LA:~ohyah!:

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-25-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't think going back to SD would work. Best bet is a sale and total rebrand and move. San Antonio if Jerry can be talked into it.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Or why not put a team in Canada? It would do better than the ****ing Chargers.

SoCalBronco
09-25-2017, 01:22 PM
The sad thing is if San Diego were 3-0 there would still be no interest from LA. The arrogance and greed of the NFL to saturate the LA market is backfiring. I hope the Chargers go back to San Diego.

LA is a garbage market with garbage fans. LA fans by and large are bandwagoners and have only a rudimentary understanding of sports. They aren't hardcore and are morons.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2017, 01:24 PM
LA is a garbage market with garbage fans. LA fans by and large are bandwagoners and have only a rudimentary understanding of sports. They aren't hardcore and are morons..

Here we go again. This just isn't true

SoCalBronco
09-25-2017, 01:26 PM
Here we go again. This just isn't true

It's an empirical fact, bro.

BroncoBeavis
09-25-2017, 01:33 PM
NB4 another fluffing of naked bandwagoning into "discerning fanhood"

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-25-2017, 01:34 PM

It goes for Nor cal too. SF fans a few years ago, Raiders fans now.

rugbythug
09-25-2017, 01:36 PM
LA is a garbage market with garbage fans. LA fans by and large are bandwagoners and have only a rudimentary understanding of sports. They aren't hardcore and are morons.

It's a huge city. That's like saying all Africans are black. Well some are but there are few in south Africa that are white. And Egyptian are more Arab. So your wrong.

BroncoLifer
09-25-2017, 01:53 PM
So basically, everything that 400HZ or Boltaneer or our other Sparkler friends ever said about Spanos continues to be confirmed.

The lesson is: Don't laugh, pray that the next Bowlen is nothing like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
09-25-2017, 01:54 PM

It's BS. This town LOVES their Lakers and Dodgers. They are bandwagony with the Kings, but thats no diff than most NHL cities. They also love their USC football. LA is too big, there's too much to do, to just throw the chargers here and expect them to care.

You are just way off base on this one.

TD4HOF
09-25-2017, 02:07 PM
It's BS. This town LOVES their Lakers and Dodgers. They are bandwagony with the Kings, but thats no diff than most NHL cities. They also love their USC football. LA is too big, there's too much to do, to just throw the chargers here and expect them to care.

Yeah, LA's a better sports town than they get credit for. It's a huge task getting around when you've got things to do. In the case of the Chargers, loyalty matters. It's like a carpetbagger getting off a train expecting support in the election before even buying a house.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-25-2017, 02:33 PM

USC fanbase is comprised of people from all over the country though. Alot of the people in the stands are from other states. So they'll still like their hometown team.

Lakers fans seem quiet last several years.

HAT
09-25-2017, 02:36 PM
And people from SD aren't driving up the 405.

That would be hard to do considering the 405 ends in Irvine.:thumbs:

NFLBRONCO
09-25-2017, 02:37 PM
SD didn't draw in SD why did NFL think they would in LA? puzzles me

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-25-2017, 02:46 PM
That would be hard to do considering the 405 ends in Irvine.:thumbs:

Woops meant the 5.

GaryPupiak
09-25-2017, 02:50 PM
I was at the game in buffalo yesterday and there was tons of orange. It was probably 60% bills 40% broncos, seriously.

I'm not sure if you all could see that on the tv, but the denver crowd was yuge.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2017, 10:35 PM
It's no different as if they were in SD.

Chargers should just ride it out

And Denver fans...wear lots of orange for their home game in LA:~ohyah!:

Oh, it is going to be so bad for the Chargers. I have not bought my tickets yet as I am hoping that those few Chargers fans holdouts will come to realize that they will feel so out of place that their best option is to sell quickly. I already have my pre game tailgate party pass that includes all you can eat and drink at a LA brewery, Meck and Atwater in attendance and party shuttle from and back to OC. These poor Chargers fans will bail after this game knowing the Faiders coming to town for their NYE clown party parade. We all loved SD and our crowd but this will be so epic that the failure of the Spanos family will be on every sports radio and tv channel plus internet memes will have them as the laughing stock of the NFL....even worse than the Browns.

broncocalijohn
09-25-2017, 10:36 PM
I was at the game in buffalo yesterday and there was tons of orange. It was probably 60% bills 40% broncos, seriously.

I'm not sure if you all could see that on the tv, but the denver crowd was yuge.

I didn't think 40% but it did look like a great crowd for Broncos fans where the game was across the country. How did their fans treat you guys?

broncocalijohn
09-25-2017, 10:38 PM
In addition to the weak attendance, it looks like only the opponent fans are the ones even showing up.

Los Angeles Chargers Welcomed Another Embarrassing Crowd In Week 3 (http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/24/los-angeles-chargers-welcomed-another-embarrassing-crowd-in-week-3/)

It was like Arrowhead west:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKhMSXVUQAAh27z.jpg

And the icing on the cake:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">National Anthem in Los Angeles ends with a loud &quot;home of the CHIEFS&quot;</p>&mdash; Marty Caswell (@MartyCaswell) <a href="https://twitter.com/MartyCaswell/status/912049354554318848">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What a pathetic franchise. They should just fold them up. Start an expansion team next year with a new owner in a new city

How sad that they tarped off part of the 300 level! It would seem lonely in that area.

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 10:52 PM
I just hope Spanos goes bankrupt and has to sell the team.

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 10:54 PM
A team located in a remote Amazon river village would do better then the NFL in LA.

Like one of those villages you have to travel 2 days in a boat to get to.

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 11:20 PM
A team located in a remote Amazon river village would do better then the NFL in LA.

I know you're butt hurt, but come on. LA is soooooo better than St. Louis, it's not even an argument. There are a million things to do in LA, that's the only issue. Once the stadium is up and running, it will be fine. What is there to do in St. Louis?

"Whatta you wanna do?"
"I don't know. Look at the river, I guess."
"Yeah, I guess so. We could look at the river."
"Whatta ya wanna do tomorrow?
"I don't know. I guess look at the river."
"Yeah. We could look at the river."

Jason in LA
09-25-2017, 11:33 PM

You're a fan from the greater LA area, right?

Jason in LA
09-25-2017, 11:37 PM

I hate USC and I have nothing good to say about anybody who likes them. ;D.

Jason in LA
09-25-2017, 11:41 PM
A good amount of the crowd at USC games are either students or alumni. Same for UCLA games. I'm not sure what percent of the crowd is or was a student there. I'd imagine that it's pretty high.

Jason in LA
09-25-2017, 11:43 PM

They'd get more fans than St. Louis too. ;D

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 11:52 PM
The Jaguars would be perfect for the Amazon River village.

Rams could move to be the Afghanistan Rams.

And Chargers could move to Pyongyang.

All would have better success then in LA

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 12:00 AM
The Jaguars would be perfect for the Amazon River village.

Rams could move to be the Afghanistan Rams.

And Chargers could move to Pyongyang.

All would have better success then in LA

Or St. Louis ;D

ShaneFalco
09-26-2017, 12:11 AM
Or St. Louis ;D

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/c4865cc0-1af7-3522-9b61-e3faed451638/ss_rams-49ers-draws-big-tv.html

Rams-49ers draws big TV rating, better in St. Louis than L.A.

ShaneFalco
09-26-2017, 12:13 AM
Every bodies gone surfin!

Surfin LA!

ILuvBroncos
09-26-2017, 01:40 AM
What a pathetic franchise. I feel sorry for Rivers, Gates or anyone good on their team.

I have a hard time cheering against Rivers.

jklb234
09-26-2017, 01:50 AM
Oh, it is going to be so bad for the Chargers. I have not bought my tickets yet as I am hoping that those few Chargers fans holdouts will come to realize that they will feel so out of place that their best option is to sell quickly. I already have my pre game tailgate party pass that includes all you can eat and drink at a LA brewery, Meck and Atwater in attendance and party shuttle from and back to OC. These poor Chargers fans will bail after this game knowing the Faiders coming to town for their NYE clown party parade. We all loved SD and our crowd but this will be so epic that the failure of the Spanos family will be on every sports radio and tv channel plus internet memes will have them as the laughing stock of the NFL....even worse than the Browns.

Where u going to buy your tix? I'm thinking of going. Doesn't look like there's a bad seat in the house at the soccer stadium. Would like to be between the 20s that though. Tix are pretty pricey.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 02:10 AM
You're a fan from the greater LA area, right?

LOL, he complains about the market but can't refute the bandwagon White Sox in a major city that has had their team since the 1800s yet can't outdraw the Dodgers or the Angels. SoCal doesn't even attend games in LA when his team's visit. He is the biggest hypocrite around.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 02:12 AM
Where u going to buy your tix? I'm thinking of going. Doesn't look like there's a bad seat in the house at the soccer stadium. Would like to be between the 20s that though. Tix are pretty pricey.

Yeah, I will either buy a single or buy online but yardage seats are way too expensive. I am waiting it out but $150 minimum is for 300 end zone level. It is still a great seat as it would be around the walkway of the lower/upperbowl of South Stands.

Irish Stout
09-26-2017, 07:36 AM
I can't believe the Chiefs fans are still singing their modified BS at the end of the National Anthem and no one is giving a flying ****. Way more white rednecks butchering the anthem than there are black players taking a silent knee, but nobody wants to call them out.

That has always pissed me off about those **** fans in Arrowhead and I have posted it here numerous times. Its one thing not to stand, not to care, not to watch the national anthem, but its the worst sort of form to sing your nonsense over it.

I feel awful for those players on the Chargers. No fans, no support, no real home. It has to be surreal.

maven
09-26-2017, 08:45 AM
What is there to do in St. Louis?

"Whatta you wanna do?"
"I don't know. Look at the river, I guess."
"Yeah, I guess so. We could look at the river."
"Whatta ya wanna do tomorrow?
"I don't know. I guess look at the river."
"Yeah. We could look at the river."

Pretty much my thoughts on St. Louis

Boring ****ing town

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 08:47 AM
https://sports.yahoo.com/m/c4865cc0-1af7-3522-9b61-e3faed451638/ss_rams-49ers-draws-big-tv.html

Rams-49ers draws big TV rating, better in St. Louis than L.A.

The information in the various articles that led to the article that you linked here are not consistent. I guess people don't actually read the articles, just the headlines.

The Yahoo Sports article says that the Rams/49ers game got a higher rating in St. Louis than LA. Their source for the article was USA Today, who said that the Rams/49ers game had a higher rating in St. Louis than LA. Well their source for the article was the St. Louis Dispatch. I wouldn't trust anything from that newspaper on this topic, seeing that they are very biased, which a newspaper is not supposed to be.

So the St. Louis Dispatch did not say that the Rams/49ers game had higher ratings in St. Louis than in LA. And it didn't even imply it. It stated "The Rams played the 49ers on Thursday in a game shown nationally on NFL Network, but those ratings were not immediately available." That article made no claims about the ratings for that game, but somehow the USA Today article changed it, saying that the St. Louis Dispatch article said that. And then Yahoo Sports used the same incorrect information from the USA Today article, which caught Shane's eye, and he blazed a trail to this thread. lol

The point that the St. Louis Dispatch article made about the ratings in LA was that during the weather delay during the Broncos/Rams game, which was televised in both LA and St. Louis, the Rams/Redskins game was shown, and the rating for that hour was higher in St. Louis than it was in LA. That was a pretty meaningless point, and in an effort to try to seem unbiased, the article stated that the ratings for the Broncos/Cowboys game in both cities were nearly the same as they were for that hour that the Rams/Redskins game was shown. So what that really means is that the same people who were watching the Broncos/Cowboys game in both cities continued to watch the Rams/Redskins game. But that point was buried in the article. A lot of people are going to miss that. Looks like USA Today and Yahoo Sports did. lol

There is no point in reporting the ratings in that one hour of the Rams/Redskins game, because nobody knew that it was going to come on, and the numbers were the same as the Broncos/Cowboys game. But the St. Louis Dispatch is looking for anything to knock LA.

Also, the articles do not state the overall viewers. I'm no ratings expert, but I'm sure that a 7 rating in LA will have a larger number of total viewers than a 9 in St. Louis. I don't feel like looking up the forumla, but I believe it's a much larger number.

DENVERDUI55
09-26-2017, 09:04 AM

And people from SD aren't driving up the (edit: 5). They going to the beach on sundays.

I always laugh at this one too. It is funny how little people go to. The beach that live there. It's just a poor excuse for not having a large fan base.

GaryPupiak
09-26-2017, 09:10 AM
I didn't think 40% but it did look like a great crowd for Broncos fans where the game was across the country. How did their fans treat you guys?

Overall I wasn't treated bad. I certainly could have gotten into at least 2 fights but walked away from any confrontation, just not worth it.

Bills fans trying to talk shiznit = HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARE YOU KIDDING!!!

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 10:40 AM
I hate USC and I have nothing good to say about anybody who likes them. ;D.

:redpunch:

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 11:18 AM
:redpunch:

Teams I hate:

1. Raiders
2. USC
3. Celtics
4. Raiders
5. Chiefs
6. Raiders
7. USC
8. Raiders

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 11:26 AM
Teams I hate:

1. Raiders
2. USC
3. Celtics
4. Raiders
5. Chiefs
6. Raiders
7. USC
8. Raiders

Do you support a college team?

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 11:37 AM
Every bodies gone surfin!

Surfin LA!

what is St. Louis's excuse? 2 franchises lost.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 12:25 PM
Do you support a college team?

I'm alumni of UCLA. Nearly my whole family went there. My father went there back in the 1940s. I'm the youngest of six and we all spent time there. Two cousins and a niece went there. Also a sister in law and ex sister in law.

Oh yeah, my wife went there too.

It's extremely frustrating rooting for UCLA football. They could be great if they made a commitment to it like USC. But there are issues beyond the football program that's holding them back. The school and the UC system makes it difficult. Cal has similar issues because of the UC system.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-26-2017, 12:46 PM
I don't know why pro football doesn't do well in LA. I remember the Dodgers having great fan support when I lived there. Same for the Lakers. Even hockey is doing pretty well there.

tcash777
09-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Regarding LA. They sincerely do NOT want the Chargers.

-It's not really because of the beach. You don't even go to the beach that much in LA. There is too much traffic and no parking. That same traffic that will keep people from going to games.

-Growing up in LA, you are a fan of the Broncos, the Colts, the Raiders, or any other team. Charger fans were obnoxious growing up there so you grow up hating the Chargers. You aren't going to switch just because they move there.

-The Raiders obviously have a special target market. Fans aren't going to leave the Raiders for the Chargers.

-Old school Rams fans will come back to the Rams. The Rams will be just fine once the new stadium is built. You have understand, that stadium SUCKS. It literally would be a painful experience to sit through a game in that hunk of cement baking in the sun. It is nothing like the gorgeous Audio-Visual experience of Sports Authority.

-Once the new stadium is built, tix will sell (for the Rams), but the stadium will still look empty. The seats are sold though, which is what really matters to the owners. Like a Laker game, at tip off, the arena looks a little empty and people leave early. Why? Traffic and rich people. The prices of going to these games are much more expensive than in Denver. Your true die hard fan can't afford or doesn't want to pay for these seats. There are, however, many very good sports fans in LA. The rich people or corporations who can afford the seats are just casual fans, however. Nonetheless, the Chargers are ****ed---the Rams will do great.

tcash777
09-26-2017, 01:24 PM
I am looking into going to the Bronco/Charger game and I read parking was $100 for the Chargers this year. Who wants to deal with that ****? Plus, you can't tailgate in all the lots and the lots that do exist are getting full and they are trying bus people instead.

Can't wait to see that stadium 75% orange on Oct 22.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 01:58 PM
I always laugh at this one too. It is funny how little people go to. The beach that live there. It's just a poor excuse for not having a large fan base.

I used to live in Huntington Beach. Sorry but on Sunday's it's filled with thousands of families. 6th and Walnut one block from the pier.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 01:59 PM
I used to live in Huntington Beach. Sorry but on Sunday's it's filled with thousands of families. 6th and Walnut one block from the pier.

All the more reason not to go. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:02 PM
All the more reason not to go. :)

HB gets flooded with people but further south are great ones. Hell even a few miles down Newport > HB

Point is there's far more to do with your family on Sunday's than sit in a ****ty stadium.

There isn't **** to do in Saint Louis.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:06 PM
HB gets flooded with people but further south are great ones. Hell even a few miles down Newport > HB

Point is there's far more to do with your family on Sunday's than sit in a ****ty stadium.

Actually Huntington was one of my better experiences. But it was a cold weekday and only the surfers were really taking it in.

DENVERDUI55
09-26-2017, 02:09 PM

Yes but when you ask people when was the last time you went to a beach? The answer 99 percent of the time is oh I never go there anymore. Maybe once a year. Denver could have the same excuse as there is plenty of stuff to do other than go to a football game.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes but when you ask people when was the last time you went to a beach? The answer 99 percent of the time is oh I never go there anymore. Maybe once a year. Denver could have the same excuse as there is plenty of stuff to do other than go to a football game.

Depends on who your surrounding yourself with. I know many that go every weekend, and are football fans.

Sept oct are the perfect times to go in Cali. Indian summers are the best.

There's far more to do in SoCal than in Denver.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:22 PM
Actually Huntington was one of my better experiences. But it was a cold weekday and only the surfers were really taking it in.

It's grown over the last 10 years. Can't beat the women.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-26-2017, 02:26 PM
Depends on who your surrounding yourself with. I know many that go every weekend, and are football fans.

Sept oct are the perfect times to go in Cali. Indian summers are the best.

There's far more to do in SoCal than in Denver.

There is but as someone who has lived in both areas I don't think the difference is THAT big. Tons of stuff to do in and around Denver year round and the weather isn't nearly as bad as its made out to be. You can get by in a light sweater for most of the winter months here.

Not wanting to deal with traffic or being priced out of the games is one thing, but the "too much to do" excuse is really lame IMHO.

Even if it were true, the population in SoCal is so huge you would think they would have no problem filling up a stadium.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:31 PM
There is but as someone who has lived in both areas I don't think the difference is THAT big. Tons of stuff to do in and around Denver year round and the weather isn't nearly as bad as its made out to be. You can get by in a light sweater for most of the winter months here.

Not wanting to deal with traffic or being priced out of the games is one thing, but the "too much to do" excuse is really lame IMHO.

Even if it were true, the population in SoCal is so huge you would think they would have no problem filling up a stadium.

Yeah the whole "4-5x bigger metro can't fill an NFL stadium cuz they busy" thing doesn't hold a drop of water.

But it's fun to hear it tried.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:34 PM

It's still limited due to the surroundings of LA being much bigger. You can surf and Snowboard in the same day. can go to Mexico if you want to. Take the boat to the ocean or lake. Several amusement parks that families have year round passes for weekends. Just more options.

I also believe the mentality of a SoCal kid growing up gets influenced by board sports. Taking away interest from organized sports.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:36 PM
can go to Mexico if you want to.

Right up there with making a run for Pueblo.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:39 PM
It's still limited due to the surroundings of LA being much bigger. You can surf and Snowboard in the same day. can go to Mexico if you want to. Take the boat to the ocean or lake. Several amuSeimiant parks that families have year round passes for weekends. Just more options.

I also believe the mentality of a SoCal kid growing up gets influenced by board sports. Taking away interest from organized sports.

One of the biggest factors I think is many people there just like to choose their own teams. Which is why the Chargers usually find themselves playing in front of a bunch of Californians rooting for other teams from around the country.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:39 PM
Yeah the whole "4-5x bigger metro can't fill an NFL stadium cuz they busy" thing doesn't hold a drop of water.

But it's fun to hear it tried.

I'm just saying from personal exp of knowing a lot of people down there. They would rather do something else on Sunday's. If you got 2-3 kids you aren't dragging them to the game when so many other things are available to keep them busy.

Die hard football fans will always show up. Casual once in a while fan isn't getting hooked to the stadium in an area that provides a lot of things to do. Casual fan in GB....Tenn etc get lured to the game more.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-26-2017, 02:43 PM
It's still limited due to the surroundings of LA being much bigger. You can surf and Snowboard in the same day. can go to Mexico if you want to. Take the boat to the ocean or lake. Several amuSeimiant parks that families have year round passes for weekends. Just more options.

Is skiing/snowboarding really that popular in SoCal? I remember buddies going up to Mount Baldy occasionally but I don't really remember it being a major thing.

I still don't buy it. Personally, I think the problem is that the NFL never allowed a team to get really entrenched there. When it looked like the Rams would the NFL had to move the Raiders there and split the fanbase. Then move both of them out. If they just stuck with the Rams then probably no one is having this conversation.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:43 PM
One of the biggest factors I think is many people there just like to choose their own teams. Which is why the Chargers usually find themselves playing in front of a bunch of Californians rooting for other teams from around the country.

Can add in that a lot of residents aren't from LA. They moved there from somewhere else and continue to follow their home team. Cali transplants in Denver stink up the joint with Raiders gear.

tcash777
09-26-2017, 02:45 PM
It's grown over the last 10 years. Can't beat the women.

https://i.imgflip.com/bxj2q.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:46 PM
Is skiing/snowboarding really that popular in SoCal? I remember buddies going up to Mount Baldy occasionally but I don't really remember it being a major thing.

I still don't buy it. Personally, I think the problem is that the NFL never allowed a team to get really entrenched there. When it looked like the Rams would the NFL had to move the Raiders there and split the fanbase. Then move both of them out. If they just stuck with the Rams then probably no one is having this conversation.

The skate/snow industry is huge in SoCal. It's why the companies reside in SoCal.

I agree with the bottom paragraph. Currently having 2 teams doesn't help and saturates.

ShiftyEyedWaterboy
09-26-2017, 02:51 PM
The skate/snow industry is huge in SoCal. It's why the companies reside in SoCal.

I agree with the bottom paragraph. Currently having 2 teams doesn't help and saturates.

How many people do this stuff every single weekend, though? I used to go to TJ, the beach, the fairgrounds, amuSeimiant parks, drive up the coast, but every weekend? No way. Too much trouble unless you live really close to something. Maybe that's part of the problem with football. I never went to the Coliseum but I hear its a cluster****.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:51 PM
Can add in that a lot of residents aren't from LA. They moved there from somewhere else and continue to follow their home team. Cali transplants in Denver stink up the joint with Raiders gear.

Raiders fans are ****ing everywhere. If you're genetically predisposed to 90th-percentile douchiness, there's a 50/50 shot you also choose Raider fandom.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 02:52 PM
How many people do this stuff every single weekend, though? I used to go to TJ, the beach, the fairgrounds, amuSeimiant parks, drive up the coast, but every weekend? No way. Too much trouble unless you live really close to something. Maybe that's part of the problem with football. I never went to the Coliseum but I here its a cluster****.

LA is absolutely the worst city to get around in. Probably another big part of the problem.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 02:56 PM
How many people do this stuff every single weekend, though? I used to go to TJ, the beach, the fairgrounds, amuSeimiant parks, drive up the coast, but every weekend? No way. Too much trouble unless you live really close to something. Maybe that's part of the problem with football. I never went to the Coliseum but I here its a cluster****.

It doesn't have to be every weekend through the year. But Sept Oct has an Indian summer in Cali so kids in school all week, then weekend comes to go places. This is mostly talking first half of season games. Once Nov Dec rolls around it gets tamed. It'll be 85 degrees on a Sunday afternoon the same time it's cold as **** and snowing in another teams city.

ColoradoDarin
09-26-2017, 03:08 PM

This is why the Jag have such a hard time too. 70% of Florida residents were born elsewhere.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 03:51 PM
You guys make it sound like LA is a new city. It isn't and they have their own teams for generations now. I became an Angels fan and both my boys are too as well as the kids on our street. Not every adult became a certain fan of a team growing up but their offspring sure did. No more excuses for SoCal. We have enough home grown fans here and many teams are supported. SD thought they would get a small slice of LA and still retain SD fans. They were wrong.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 03:53 PM
I don't know why pro football doesn't do well in LA. I remember the Dodgers having great fan support when I lived there. Same for the Lakers. Even hockey is doing pretty well there.

I've had long winded posts on this before, so I'll try to be brief. Fan support has been a minor issue. It hasn't been a large enough issue to make teams fail here. The major issue is a stadium issue. Most of that is due to the Coliseum being owned by three different entities (city, county and state) who have three different agendas; none of the entities wanting to use public money to make the Coliseum a NFL caliber stadium; the Coliseum being a historic landmark which limits what can be done there; and USC,who have no issues with the state of the Coliseum and they now have control of it.

I have no memory of the Rams (or UCLA) playing at the Coliseum. I'd imagine that the Rams got a better deal to play in Anaheim, and then a better deal to move to St. Louis. Seems like that team is always following the money. When Al Davis was here, he had major problems trying to get anything done at the Coliseum. He had to move the team out of there. His mistake was passing on the stadium deal in Inglewood and moving to Oakland instead. That was just dumb, and the Raiders have been screwed over by it since then.

It took 20 years to get a team back here because the city of Los Angeles would never use public money to build a billionaire owner a stadium, and Inglewood didn't have the money to do it. Every stadium and arena in LA is privately financed. The NFL is back now because an owner finally put up the money.

As for fan support, it's not that people in Los Angeles don't care about football. I'd say that outside of New York, there are more NFL fans here in the LA area than anywhere else. It appears that people don't care because there isn't a united fan base. I'd imagine that a very high percentage of NFL fans in Denver are Broncos fans. That's probably true for most NFL cities. In LA, with all of the transplants, there will never be a united fan base. Kind of like what San Diego has been for decades.

(Well, I guess I wasn't that brief ;D)

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 03:55 PM
You guys make it sound like LA is a new city. It isn't and they have their own teams for generations now. I became an Angels fan and both my boys are too as well as the kids on our street. Not every adult became a certain fan of a team growing up but their offspring sure did. No more excuses for SoCal. We have enough home grown fans here and many teams are supported. SD thought they would get a small slice of LA and still retain SD fans. They were wrong.

There will be more people going through the corn dog line Sunday at Disneyland than entire attendance at the Chargers game.

Big mistake for SD. Rams will pull more fans.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 03:57 PM
I am looking into going to the Bronco/Charger game and I read parking was $100 for the Chargers this year. Who wants to deal with that ****? Plus, you can't tailgate in all the lots and the lots that do exist are getting full and they are trying bus people instead.

Can't wait to see that stadium 75% orange on Oct 22.

It's crazy that parking is that much. I wonder if that's for the closer parking spots, or if the entire lot is that much.

There's an easy way to get around that parking issue. Find somewhere in the vicinity of the stadium to park and call Uber. It's a very short walk from the main streets to the stadium entrance. It wouldn't be that hard to find free or cheap parking in that area.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 04:01 PM
It's crazy that parking is that much. I wonder if that's for the closer parking spots, or if the entire lot is that much.

There's an easy way to get around that parking issue. Find somewhere in the vicinity of the stadium to park and call Uber. It's a very short walk from the main streets to the stadium entrance. It wouldn't be that hard to find free or cheap parking in that area.

$100 to tailgate and $40 to just park.

Our huge group of probably a few hundred have decided to tailgate off site at a LA brewery. Meck and Atwater will be there so not only all you can drink and eat but meet two Broncos studs....and a shuttle round trip too. They will be keeping the players inside for our game too and they might as well keep them inside the locker room for the game.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 04:12 PM
There will be more people going through the corn dog line Sunday at Disneyland than entire attendance at the Chargers game.

Big mistake for SD. Rams will pull more fans.

On a Sunday, that would be true when comparing Disneyland to nearly every NFL team. lol

OABB
09-26-2017, 04:24 PM

True. I was huge on the kings when we win the cup and now I don't know who is on the team

SonOfLe-loLang
09-26-2017, 04:32 PM
True. I was huge on the kings when we win the cup and now I don't know who is on the team

Thats 90 percent of American hockey cities.

SoCal clearly never listens to local sports radio. People are crazy about the dodgers and lakers, no matter how bad they might be.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-26-2017, 04:39 PM
On a Sunday, that would be true when comparing Disneyland to nearly every NFL team. lol

Ha! May be true for the entire park, but I narrowed it to a corn dog line.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Ha! May be true for the entire park, but I narrowed it to a corn dog line.

Speaking of the corn dog line, or food in general at amusment parks, if you tell them that somebody bumped your food out of your hand, they'll give you what ever you claimed to have lost for free. Lol

ShaneFalco
09-26-2017, 07:19 PM
i bet more people in pyongyang watch LA football games then in LA.

They have to bootleg into the country and hike for a few miles through wild Bengal Tiger Territory.

but they watch the games.

tcash777
09-26-2017, 08:00 PM
Speaking of the corn dog line, or food in general at amuSeimiant parks, if you tell them that somebody bumped your food out of your hand, they'll give you what ever you claimed to have lost for free. Lol

Also, you could just steal food or drink cause that's the same thing.

wolf754life
09-26-2017, 08:02 PM
Speaking of the corn dog line, or food in general at amuSeimiant parks, if you tell them that somebody bumped your food out of your hand, they'll give you what ever you claimed to have lost for free. Lol

sounds like the US Government

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 08:16 PM
i bet more people in pyongyang watch LA football games then in LA.

They have to bootleg into the country and hike for a few miles through wild Bengal Tiger Territory.

but they watch the games.

I bet there are more professional football teams in LA then there are in St. Louis. Bite on those facts.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 08:18 PM

I used to order beer at Angels stadium when I was around 21. I would drink it and then poke a hole on the bottom and say that I let it set for a few innings and the bottom got weak and started to leak....free beer. Now they serve in hard cups probably because of my cheap ass ways.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 08:30 PM
Also, you could just steal food or drink cause that's the same thing.

Well look who never snuck into a movie lol

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 08:34 PM
I used to order beer at Angels stadium when I was around 21. I would drink it and then poke a hole on the bottom and say that I let it set for a few innings and the bottom got weak and started to leak....free beer. Now they serve in hard cups probably because of my cheap ass ways.

When I was in high school my friends and I found out that if a shoe tears at the seam, shoe stores will take them back. If you don't have a receipt, they'll give you store credit. We all went looking for old shoes in the closet that the shoe store sold. Lol

KipCorrington25
09-26-2017, 08:58 PM
Overall I wasn't treated bad. I certainly could have gotten into at least 2 fights but walked away from any confrontation, just not worth it.

Bills fans trying to talk shiznit = HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARE YOU KIDDING!!!

Well they did win the game...

tcash777
09-26-2017, 10:16 PM
Well look who never snuck into a movie lol

No, I have and have even done exactly what you mentioned (when I was a kid). The difference being I don't lol about it or brag it..I can admit that it is stealing.

Jason in LA
09-26-2017, 10:29 PM
No, I have and have even done exactly what you mentioned (when I was a kid). The difference being I don't lol about it or brag it..I can admit that it is stealing.

Stop it. You're sounding like the old get off get off lawn guy.

There are a number of things that I did in my teens that I laugh at now, but wouldn't think about doing today.

broncocalijohn
09-26-2017, 10:58 PM
When I was in high school my friends and I found out that if a shoe tears at the seam, shoe stores will take them back. If you don't have a receipt, they'll give you store credit. We all went looking for old shoes in the closet that the shoe store sold. Lol

My buddy did that in high school for major shoe store in our mall. He would always return shoes 6 months later, no questions asked. I thought it was a dick move. I think it was Payless.