PDA

View Full Version : #TakeAKnee

Pages : [1] 2

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 10:28 AM
Gonna be an exciting day of watching half the NFL kneel for the anthem!

Tell me, esteemed NFL fans - when the anthem comes on in your living room today, will you:

1) take a knee

2) sit on your ass and do nothing

3) stand up in front of your TV, remove your hat, and sing loudly in your living room

Bronx33
09-24-2017, 10:29 AM
#QuitStartingStupidThreads

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 10:30 AM

Lol bud if you haven't noticed, the #takeaknee thing is all over the news and social media. Don't shoot the messenger

Blake Street Bomber
09-24-2017, 10:32 AM
4. I pray to the heavens that meteor comes and strikes Pontius Pirate's house. The meteor hits his pad and incinerates Pontius Pirate. ANOTHER SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR GONE. GOOD RIDDANCE!

Requiem
09-24-2017, 10:34 AM
#LightABluntTakeAKnee

Brohemoth
09-24-2017, 10:37 AM
200,000 years of existence and humans think they’re going to suddenly get along.

commode
09-24-2017, 10:38 AM
if you either take a knee in your living room or stand up and salute your television while the anthem is playing chances are you are an idiot.

Requiem
09-24-2017, 10:40 AM
if you either take a knee in your living room or stand up and salute your television while the anthem is playing chances are you are an idiot.

Are you going to be pooping in the commode while watching the game?

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Guys this is serious.

It's all over the news and ESPN and whatever.

The Broncos and all the teams released a statement about this and players expressing themselves.

We should discuss it.

Bigdawg26
09-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Gonna be an exciting day of watching half the NFL kneel for the anthem!

Tell me, esteemed NFL fans - when the anthem comes on in your living room today, will you:

1) take a knee

2) sit on your ass and do nothing

3) stand up in front of your TV, remove your hat, and sing loudly in your living room

http://media1.giphy.com/media/tHvxNSQ9c1Hbi/giphy.gif

swaiy
09-24-2017, 10:47 AM
4. I pray to the heavens that meteor comes and strikes Pontius Pirate's house. The meteor hits his pad and incinerates Pontius Pirate. ANOTHER SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR GONE. GOOD RIDDANCE!

Translation: "I'm a triggered little b****"

rmsanger
09-24-2017, 10:47 AM
The steelers are going to stay in the Lockerroom for the national anthem today. Ironically at soldier field.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2229/3529438529_4865291e8b_b.jpg

Broncoandrew
09-24-2017, 10:48 AM
I love the United States, I hate politics in football.

socalorado
OK. MODS. Off to the horses butt.

Rabb
As a vet, you're welcome for the freedom to start dumb ****ing threads like this.

It's not my business how anyone chooses to behave during the anthem. I'm not offended one way or another because it's everyone's right to do what they choose. I give props to players who stick to their beliefs just like I'd hope they give me props for putting my hand on my heart and removing my hat.

Merica.

Requiem
09-24-2017, 10:53 AM
I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.

And I won't forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

And I'll proudly stand up, next to you, but then kneel for the Anthem today.

Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land, Godbless the USA!

Pontius Pirate
OK. MODS. Off to the horses butt.

#TakeAKnee is front page news about the NFL today.

I think it's highly relevant to discuss on this fine NFL sunday

Pontius Pirate
http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Brandon-Marshall-kneel-national-anthem.jpg

tcash777
09-24-2017, 10:54 AM
The players don't even know what they are protesting...is it still police brutality? 2 white people were killed this week by police. Should black players stand and white people kneel this weekend, cause it's more even now?

What would make them stop protesting?

peacepipe
09-24-2017, 10:56 AM
The players don't even know what they are protesting...is it still police brutality? 2 white people were killed this week by police. Should black players stand and white people kneel this weekend, cause it's more even now?

Don't project your own ignorance on the players.

rmsanger
09-24-2017, 10:56 AM
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/moreno-tears.gif?w=1000

The struggle is real

tcash777
09-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Don't project your own ignorance on the players.

What are the protesting? :)
What would make them stop? :)
LOL.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 11:00 AM
Legit just read an article claiming that Pat Tillman wouldn't take a knee today.

Now that is a hot take. Nuclear, even.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 11:00 AM
LOL.

Ah bud sounds like you are asking good questions about the protests.

WHICH MEANS THEY ARE WORKING.

wicked bronco
09-24-2017, 11:03 AM
Nothing is more divisive than disrespecting the country you live in.

bronco militia
09-24-2017, 11:19 AM
i watch the nfl to avoid reality. there's a time and place.

Ock Brosweiler
09-24-2017, 11:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Broncos are blasting &quot;F*** Donald Trump&quot; by YG in the locker room pregame right now</p>&mdash; Andrew Ferrelli (@Andrew_Ferrelli) <a href="https://twitter.com/Andrew_Ferrelli/status/911973424255442944">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-24-2017, 11:25 AM
Protests are trendy right now. Not too long ago people were scared for their lives at the harmless tea party protests. That's when protests were frowned upon and labeled as disruptive violence.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 12:05 PM
"Social justice warrior" = What people who give a **** about justice are called by those who don't.

Proud to be a SJW. :thumbs:

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 12:07 PM
Protests are trendy right now. Not too long ago people were scared for their lives at the harmless tea party protests. That's when protests were frowned upon and labeled as disruptive violence.
It's too bad you missed th '60's.

El Guapo
09-24-2017, 12:34 PM
Derek Wolfe released a statement before today's game:

“I stand because I respect the men who died in real battle so I have the freedom to battle on the field. Paying tribute to the men and women who have given their lives for our freedom is why I stand. But everyone these days likes to find a reason to protest and that’s their right. It’s America and you are free to speak your mind. I just feel it’s disrespectful to the ones who sacrificed their lives and it’s maybe the wrong platform. But like I said to each their own it’s AMERICA! The greatest country in the world and if you don’t think we are the greatest country in the world and you reside here, then why do you stay? A lot worse places in the world to call home. Proud to be an American.”

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 12:57 PM
That is a LOT of Broncos taking a knee:

http://deadspin.com/heres-how-nfl-teams-demonstrated-during-the-national-an-1818704232

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 01:01 PM
That is a LOT of Broncos taking a knee:

http://deadspin.com/heres-how-nfl-teams-demonstrated-during-the-national-an-1818704232
Haha...#thankyoudonaldrump? Hilarious!

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 01:08 PM
Damn dude even the anthem singers are taking a knee today:

http://deadspin.com/singer-for-falcons-lions-game-kneels-at-end-of-national-1818704226/amp

Rohirrim
09-24-2017, 01:08 PM
I'm taking a knee because we have a ****-stain in the White House who is probably going to start WWIII and wipe out everything I love.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 01:36 PM
Looks like they came to take a knee today, not play a football game.

But most in P/R are not broncos fans anyways....

SVine
09-24-2017, 02:30 PM
The right does NOT have exclusive rights on how the flag should be interpreted.

swaiy
09-24-2017, 02:33 PM

If it bothers you so much, don't watch.

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 02:54 PM

you are stupid.... good thread

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 02:55 PM

I hope the meteor kills your whole family and you live to tell about it.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 02:56 PM

::)

The last refuge of conservative idiots: question your opponent's fanhood.

https://s26.postimg.org/kecmjsg2h/IMG_6536.jpg

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 03:00 PM
LOL.

They are protesting the shooting of unarmed African American men. What it would take to stop protesting? The stopping of shooting of unarmed African American men.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:01 PM

https://s26.postimg.org/696thz715/IMG_6535.jpg

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 03:04 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/696thz715/IMG_6535.jpg

The people who protest today are the heroes of tomorrow. History ALWAYS rewards progressives.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:09 PM
The people who protest today are the heroes of tomorrow. History ALWAYS rewards progressives.

Yes.

The flip side of that coin is, in retrospect, that conservatives and regressives are always on the wrong side of history.

swaiy
09-24-2017, 03:14 PM
Ol#7, don't send me rep. Engage me in this thread you puss

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 03:18 PM
Ol#7, don't send me rep. Engage me in this thread you puss

but he excels, in neg rep

swaiy
09-24-2017, 03:19 PM
but he excels, in neg rep

He's clearly bitchmade.

Fear the Hawk
09-24-2017, 03:21 PM
Well I think Kaep's point is valid, but kneeling for the NA always felt like the message was "I'm opposed to the USA" rather than "I'm opposed to police brutality against minorities in the USA." In other words, I appreciate the cause but disagree with how Kaep chose to express it.

That said, I'm 100% in favor of sitting for the NA if the message is a big FU to tRump. He has no place telling people how to express themselves in this country or telling the NFL owners how to conduct their franchises.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:27 PM
Well I think Caep's point is valid, but kneeling for the NA always felt like the message was "I'm opposed to the USA" rather than "I'm opposed to police brutality against minorities in the USA." In other words, I appreciate the cause but disagree with how Caep chose to express it.

That said, I'm 100% in favor of sitting for the NA if the message is a big FU to tRump. He has no place telling people how to express themselves in this country or telling the NFL owners how to conduct their franchises.

The message is not "I'm opposed to the USA."

More like "blind patriotism is not an American value."

Fear the Hawk
09-24-2017, 03:30 PM
The message is not "I'm opposed to the USA."

More like "blind patriotism is not an American value."

Did Kaep clarify that was the intended message?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:38 PM

It's obvious - no clarification required, really.

https://s26.postimg.org/o21khc315/IMG_6537.jpg

Fear the Hawk
09-24-2017, 03:45 PM
Not so obvious to me. He was, after all, protesting police brutality not blind patriotism.

Besides, from Kaep's actions it's clear he's not happy with being an American. That's his right of course, but it does seem a little hypocritical coming from a millionaire athlete.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Not so obvious to me. He was, after all, protesting police brutality not blind patriotism.

Besides, from Kaep's actions it's clear he's not happy with being an American. That's his right of course, but it does seem a little hypocritical coming from a millionaire athlete.

He's protesting police brutality by kneeling during the anthem, so that's where the patriotism angle comes in. :wave:

To the second point, unhappiness about injustices taking place in America isn't the same thing as unhappiness about being an American. That's the sort of false equivalence I would expect to hear from tRump and his fan club.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 03:53 PM

kap never says anything, he has other people talk for him

Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 03:56 PM

Hilarious!

Poor Spicoli - because Kaepernick doesn't post on the WRP forum, he figures Kaep "never says anything."

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 03:57 PM

Hilarious!

Pretty amazing how effective he was eh? Has the whole country talking now just by taking a knee.

Fear the Hawk
09-24-2017, 04:01 PM
He's protesting police brutality by kneeling during the anthem, so that's where the patriotism angle comes in. :wave:

To the second point, unhappiness about injustices taking place in America isn't the same thing as unhappiness about being an American. That's the sort of false equivalence I would expect to hear from tRump and his fan club.

So what has Kaep ever said or done to make you feel that he is happy to be an American? He's done little but express his displeasure with his national identity. On the 4th of July this year, for example, he went out of his way to fly to another country which he described as "home."

I think you're making some very unjustified assumptions about him.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 04:10 PM
So what has Kaep ever said or done to make you feel that he is happy to be an American? He's done little but express his displeasure with his national identity. On the 4th of July this year, for example, he went out of his way to fly to another country which he described as "home."

I think you're making some very unjustified assumptions about him.

“Once again, I’m not anti-American,’’ he said again later that evening. “I love America."

Colin Kaepernick

Fear the Hawk
09-24-2017, 04:11 PM
“Once again, I’m not anti-American,’’ he said again later that evening. “I love America."

Colin Kaepernick

Link?

Edit: nevermind I found it. Fair enough. I'll take his word for it.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 04:21 PM
Link?

Edit: nevermind I found it. Fair enough. I'll take his word for it.

No prob

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 04:58 PM
he loves america so much he compared the literacy rate in the US to Cubas.

"Castro loves the educated"

Hilarious!

Ragnar
09-24-2017, 05:30 PM
I simply do not understand the "Military Argument" against #Takeaknee.

The argument summates like this: "By refusing to stand, you are dishonoring the military members who fought and died for your freedom."

The only real answer to this argument seems clear.

1) All members of the military take an oath, in the oath all members of the military vow to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

2) The Constitution has no details about how the US flag should be treated.

3) The Constitution does have details about the freedom of speech

Article [I] (Amendment 1 - Freedom of expression and religion) 13
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Meaning a safe conclusion we can come to is: Exercising our freedom of speech honors every member of the military who fought and died to protect that right. Furthermore, Members of our armed forces understood from the moment they took the oath the burden and rights for which they put their lives on the line.

Final summation: Taking a knee honors members of the military more than standing idly by while injustices are flagrant in America.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 05:34 PM

As a troll who spends his days running interference for a president who attacks gold star families and denigrates the military service of American POWs, you have absolutely ZERO claim to any sort of patriotic high ground.

There's nothing American about your Nazi sympathizing ass.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 05:40 PM

"Castro loves the educated"

Hilarious!
Why is that funny? Cuba has a significantly higher literacy rate than the US.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 05:41 PM
I simply do not understand the "Military Argument" against #Takeaknee.

The argument summates like this: "By refusing to stand, you are dishonoring the military members who fought and died for your freedom."

The only real answer to this argument seems clear.

1) All members of the military take an oath, in the oath all members of the military vow to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

2) The Constitution has no details about how the US flag should be treated.

3) The Constitution does have details about the freedom of speech

Article [I] (Amendment 1 - Freedom of expression and religion) 13
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Meaning a safe conclusion we can come to is: Exercising our freedom of speech honors every member of the military who fought and died to protect that right. Furthermore, Members of our armed forces understood from the moment they took the oath the burden and rights for which they put their lives on the line.

Final summation: Taking a knee honors members of the military more than standing idly by while injustices are flagrant in America.

Hammer --> nail --> head.

President Bone Spurs, by contrast, has made a political career of attacking the same Constitutional rights you just listed.

Unfortunately, the Kaepernick haters are too blinded by racism and bigotry to recognize the real enemy of American ideals of freedom here.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 05:45 PM
Why is that funny? Cuba has a significantly higher literacy rate than the US.

because he literally tried to use it to act like Cuba is a better place for its people then the US is.

Thats how misguided he is.

Let me know when our government starts rounding people up and torturing them because they resent the government like Castro has.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 05:47 PM
because he literally tried to use it to act like Cuba is a better place for its people then the US is.

Thats how misguided him and his crazy supporters are.

Let me know when our government starts rounding people up and torturing them because they resent the government.

He was addressing literacy, i.e., one issue.

Christ, you're dumb. :oyvey:

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 05:50 PM

Thats how misguided he is.

Let me know when our government starts rounding people up and torturing them because they resent the government like Castro has.

Are you still upset about Wolfenstein 2?

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Hilarious!"He loves America so much."

i remember Kap trying to use Cuba literacy rates to try to prove that Castro was doing better then the US was for its own people.

good times....

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 05:54 PM
Sure...here you go:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/31/opinion/chicagos-grim-era-of-police-torture.amp.html

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 05:56 PM
Unrepentant hypocrite Colin Kaepernick defends Fidel Castro

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html
According to Human Rights Watch, “Cuban citizens have been systematically deprived of their fundamental rights to free expression, privacy, association, assembly, movement, and due process of law. Tactics for enforcing political conformity have included police warnings, surveillance, short-term detentions, house arrests, travel restrictions, criminal prosecutions, and politically motivated dismissals from employment.”!

And that’s exactly the moment Kaepernick shows how lost he truly is. Because in the next breath, Kaepernick, born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, explains to me, the guy born in Havana, how great Castro really is.

“One thing Fidel Castro did do is they have the highest literacy rate because they invest more in their education system than they do in their prison system, which we do not do here even though we’re fully capable of doing that,” Kaepernick said.

Is this real life?

First, Cuba does not have the highest literacy rate. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate) Second, don’t be surprised if the same people who report Cuba’s admittedly high literacy rate are related to those who report its election results — the ones in which the Castros get 100 percent of the votes. (https://books.google.com/books?id=Zdyn9od15oQC&pg=PA153&lpg=PA153&dq=fidel+castro+election+results&source=bl&ots=zkR1EjX5MN&sig=xh-7QWsVqcDjEEfaARprR2H70NI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0reiaicPQAhXB4SYKHbsIBi84ChDoAQgtMAM#v =onepage&q=fidel%20castro%20election%20results&f=false)
Third, could it be Cuba doesn’t have to invest a lot in its prison system because, you know, dungeons and firing squads (El Paredon) are not too expensive to maintain?

Finally, it’s bizarre that Kaepernick is extolling the education system of a country where people believe launching out into shark-infested seas to flee is a better idea than staying there.

So I make the point to Kaepernick that aside from that awesome school system the Castro devils established, there was also that communist revolution we should consider, and the lack of free elections and justice. And after teaching folks the alphabet, to Kaepernick’s apparent delight, the Castros break up families, including mine, because some folks get out and others cannot.
He loves America.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 06:02 PM

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html
According to Human Rights Watch, “Cuban citizens have been systematically deprived of their fundamental rights to free expression, privacy, association, assembly, movement, and due process of law. Tactics for enforcing political conformity have included police warnings, surveillance, short-term detentions, house arrests, travel restrictions, criminal prosecutions, and politically motivated dismissals from employment.”!
Sounds like a laundry list of things the white collar crime lord and his henchmen in the GOP are supporting right now.

ShaneFalco
09-24-2017, 06:04 PM
and the rest?

W*GS
09-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Much better...

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 06:08 PM

He loves America.

So he's misguided on his knowledge of Cuba.

He's using his comparison of an obviously less advanced country to question why America can't improve in something as basic as literacy.

It neither means he's anti-american nor takes away from the core reason why he was protesting the anthem.

Pontius Pirate
09-24-2017, 06:11 PM
And my god, if we are criticizing athletes for their lack of global political savvy - instead of, you know, our obviously incompetent president.....maybe we should re-evaluate the targets of our ire?

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 08:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the sideline. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/4Broncos?src=hash">#4Broncos</a> <a href="https://t.co/0gIJXgt5CD">pic.twitter.com/0gIJXgt5CD</a></p>&mdash; Mark Haas (@markhaastv) <a href="https://twitter.com/markhaastv/status/911999430852825089">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Howie Long dropping some damn truth on NFL Sunday.<br><br>Preach, Howie!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeAKnee?src=hash">#TakeAKnee</a> <a href="https://t.co/7VWOSYJsfc">pic.twitter.com/7VWOSYJsfc</a></p>&mdash; The Hoarse Whisperer (@HoarseWisperer) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/911987426129846275">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 08:01 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">They fought for the Constitution. They took an oath on the Constitution. One of the rights in the Constitution is freedom of speech.</p>&mdash; Pé Resists (@4everNeverTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/4everNeverTrump/status/912059142734409728">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Honor the flag &amp; the USA, said the man who argued former POW <a href="https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain">@SenJohnMcCain</a> isn't a war hero because &quot;I like people who weren't captured.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) <a href="https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/912026807267987457">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

A Defiant Goose
09-24-2017, 09:39 PM
I love my country more than I love the Patriots. I think I'm done with football for the time being.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-24-2017, 09:54 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/hw9rlg4t5/IMG_0691.jpg

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 09:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just so everyone's clear about the &quot;patriotic tradition&quot; we're talking about.<br><br>It started in 2009 as a marketing effort. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeAKnee?src=hash">#TakeAKnee</a> <a href="https://t.co/KdHQcYE8kf">pic.twitter.com/KdHQcYE8kf</a></p>&mdash; The Hoarse Whisperer (@HoarseWisperer) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/912099729504432130">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 09:59 PM
Source

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/E5xxXg8bqs">https://t.co/E5xxXg8bqs</a></p>&mdash; Bob Sinclair (@Thndrbolt) <a href="https://twitter.com/Thndrbolt/status/912121132614119424">September 25, 2017</a></blockquote>

Rohirrim
09-24-2017, 10:02 PM
In America, capitalism is patriotism.

footstepsfrom#27
09-24-2017, 10:04 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just so everyone's clear about the &quot;patriotic tradition&quot; we're talking about.<br><br>It started in 2009 as a marketing effort. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeAKnee?src=hash">#TakeAKnee</a> <a href="https://t.co/KdHQcYE8kf">pic.twitter.com/KdHQcYE8kf</a></p>&mdash; The Hoarse Whisperer (@HoarseWisperer) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoarseWisperer/status/912099729504432130">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKht3W1UQAAH-9Q?format=jpg
It's all about the Benjamins, as suspected.

End thread.

Maleficent
09-24-2017, 10:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cris Collinsworth on Sunday Night Football says Trump should apologize for his “son of a bitch” comment <a href="https://t.co/ymXuHAhIVP">pic.twitter.com/ymXuHAhIVP</a></p>&mdash; BuzzFeed News (@BuzzFeedNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/912099050140327937">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 11:57 PM
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/jacksonville-jaguars-kneeling-protest-1-ap-jt-170924_4x3_992.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Sports/baltimore-ravens-kneeling-protest-1-ap-jt-170924_31x13_992.jpg

http://media.breitbart.com/media/2017/09/kneel-640x480.png

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/playersnflkneeaftertrumpcomments-1280x720.jpg

http://www.denverpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/broncos-bills001.jpg?w=620

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/66/15/67/14212545/3/920x920.jpg

http://www.wkyc.com/img/resize/content.wkyc.com/photo/2017/09/24/853036958_1506274533017_11223829_ver1.0.jpg?preset =534-401

http://static3.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.3518318.1506287630!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635_424/buffalo-bills.jpg

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 11:58 PM
http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/66/15/67/14212546/3/1024x1024.jpg

Guess Who
09-24-2017, 11:59 PM
I think the NFL should just keep all the teams in the locker rooms for the National anthem, really what is the point?

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 12:04 AM
I think the NFL should just keep all the teams in the locker rooms for the National anthem, really what is the point?
No let them be out there now for the world to see and take notice of. We were told this was about one lone guy who was a malcontent looking for attention to revive a failing career.. Now we see otherwise.

Rump opened Pandora's box. Let's see what flies out.

cmc0605
09-25-2017, 12:12 AM
The historical argument on when players started coming out for the anthem is a useful aside, but a more general and principled argument needs to be presented to unpack the incoherence of those who aren't supportive of the protests.

I am not really a fan of the argument that these people are closeted or have some built in unconscious racism. It might be true sometimes, but I suspect we would also see pushback if the athletes were kneeling to protest social justice warriors (if you are against the protests, it would be useful to honestly reflect if I am right on this). More generally, though, they have a strong patriotic value system and going through certain motions aligns with those values...much like a weekly church-goer may feel that their ritualistic attendance is a necessary (and in many cases sufficient) condition for maintaining their virtue. It doesn't follow that those who support the protests are not patriotic, but it may be they don't think singing along to a song is a real display of patriotism, or maybe they don't see patriotism as a virtue worth discussing (personally, I'm not sure most people who claim to be patriotic have thought clearly about what they think they mean by that).

There is a certain irony in the virtue signaling that goes along with being angered by someone kneeling...it's mostly the same performance they often (sometimes rightly) criticize the left of engaging in when told to be offended by something that doesn't actually matter to you in any tangible way. This is dressed up as "disrespecting the flag" or "not respecting the military" or other proxy arguments for the real issue of how anthem kneeling seems to infringe on the "patriotic" lip service one must always chant along with (is this also virtue signaling?) to demonstrate your allegiance to America. The proxy arguments break down upon casual inspection when considering how the flag is frequently used as underwear, lingerie, or put on other useless items...or when considering that military service members are themselves split on the issue of anthem kneeling, so really you are just "disrespecting" the subset of military members who happen to agree with you. In any case, the spoken purpose of the protests has nothing to do with the military.

The rules of patriotism get complicated fast. The widespread memes that read like "You support free speech, unless ___" or "you are upset about this, but not that" or "what is the right way to protest?" often have a point. These biases occur with the things the left gets outraged by too, neither side has a monopoly on incoherence, they are just incoherent about different values.

Guess Who
09-25-2017, 12:15 AM
Singer sings National anthem with no players on field then takes a knee

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Gf0IGCuFD2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GreatBronco16
09-25-2017, 12:19 AM
Trump is a shltstain. He really has no idea what this country is all about. He is the reason the NFL responded the way they did, and now he is mad. I just don't get it.

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 12:28 AM
The entire nation should kneel for every anthem until this ****-stain leaves the WH.

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 12:30 AM
The protest across the NFL today was about what Rump said more than anything. Yet the vast majority of the discussion isn't even mentioning this. It's become all about diversionary sidebar topics. How bout a smidgen of outrage over an illegitimate president who's a 5 time draft dodger who's never worked hard for a single day of his useless life telling people he considers his pals to fire players because they show they dislike his racism and bigotry? How about calling that hypocrisy out for what it is instead of worrying whether someone is standing up for a song or not?

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 01:25 AM
Trump is really good at uniting people it seems...

Guess Who
09-25-2017, 01:44 AM
The protest across the NFL today was about what Rump said more than anything. Yet the vast majority of the discussion isn't even mentioning this. It's become all about diversionary sidebar topics. How bout a smidgen of outrage over an illegitimate president who's a 5 time draft dodger who's never worked hard for a single day of his useless life telling people he considers his pals to fire players because they show they dislike his racism and bigotry? How about calling that hypocrisy out for what it is instead of worrying whether someone is standing up for a song or not?

His time is coming

ZONA
09-25-2017, 02:15 AM

Dude, that's uncalled for. We might all have different opinions on things, but we don't wish death upon other members here at the Mane. You should get a month ban for something like this.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 04:07 AM
Trump May Have Committed a Federal Crime By Telling NFL Team Owners to Fire Protesting Players

"18 U.S. Code § 227 stipulates that any federal employee, member of Congress, or member of the executive branch is forbidden from using their position within the federal government to influence the employment decisions of a private business, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation. The penalty for doing so could result in fines and incarceration of up to 15 years, and anyone who is found guilty of violating that law could even be disqualified from holding office"

https://gritpost.com/trump-nfl-federal-crime/

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 05:57 AM
https://scontent.fbkk8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21764912_2153147788036091_1770302873429956306_n.jp g?oh=bfe31e19b9aa1a7013fddaff9c7687ca&oe=5A869F63

El Guapo
09-25-2017, 07:01 AM
Just to formally add some law to the discussion, since technically, we are talking about the anthem, not the flag. However, since the flag is an integral part of the conduct expected during the playing of the anthem, the section of that title of the U.S. Code regarding respect for the flag follows below:

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
(1) when the flag is displayed—
(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Atwater His Ass
09-25-2017, 07:15 AM
I love my country more than I love the Patriots. I think I'm done with football for the time being.

I'm going through that struggle right now. I won't tolerate the disrespect being shown to my country by people that don't even know what they are protesting anymore.

I'm sort of glad that Trump called out the NFL so we could actually see for certain the league's position. My country means more to me than the NFL and I can't cheer for a team or players that don't hold that value. Even watching Denver lose yesterday, didn't really care. For the first time in forever I was truly ambivalent with the teams performance or the outcome of the game. So, it's clearly time for me to peace out.

I support the players right to take the knee and the cowards to hide in the locker room. But all actions have consequences and it's my right not to watch the political garbage that the NFL has become and now promotes. Their place of employment isn't the right venue to express their political beliefs; take that stuff to your own time and do what you feel you need to do in your local community. The grandstanding is beyond arrogant.

W*GS
09-25-2017, 07:25 AM
The NFL took the DoD's money to promote their particular strain of patriotism.

It's not that the NFL has become political - it's that the politics of some players and others isn't to the Right's liking.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 07:28 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/7xxg8ai55/nazi_hypocrite.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 07:29 AM
Let's make one thing perfectly clear:

There is NOTHING patriotic about tRump supporters.

https://s26.postimg.org/r1qromuzd/pow_2.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 07:35 AM
Don't want to hear anything about "patriotism" from supporters of a president who attacks gold star families and denigrates the sacrifices American POWs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I've got 4 combat tours, which is 4 more than you do.<br>They can take a knee if they want, which was the whole ****ing point of those 4 tours. <a href="https://t.co/7GK3dBEIQq">https://t.co/7GK3dBEIQq</a></p>&mdash; Soonergrunt���� (@soonergrunt) <a href="https://twitter.com/soonergrunt/status/911744929210146816">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 07:39 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">(1) Right-wing backlash against <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeTheKnee?src=hash">#TakeTheKnee</a> very much about setting limits in US for how our rights &quot;should&quot; be exercised, and by whom.</p>&mdash; ChristianChristensen (@ChrChristensen) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrChristensen/status/911967150130257920">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pretty interesting how in commentary about NFL protests &quot;our troops&quot; are presumed to be white and have no personal stake in racial equality.</p>&mdash; Adam Serwer 🍝 (@AdamSerwer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/911921828792356865">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Funny how &quot;making millions of dollars&quot; excludes you from commenting on US when you're black, but enables you when you're white. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TakeTheKnee?src=hash">#TakeTheKnee</a> <a href="https://t.co/9YCvYe7tqO">https://t.co/9YCvYe7tqO</a></p>&mdash; ChristianChristensen (@ChrChristensen) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChrChristensen/status/911908981102309377">September 24, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-25-2017, 08:45 AM

Disgusting. Shame on you to wish death on members.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 08:46 AM

Indeed.

That's the ShaneSpicoli playbook.

Guess Who
09-25-2017, 08:50 AM

ah he is just praying to his fake god.

Maleficent
09-25-2017, 08:58 AM
Still silent from Trump in regards to what is going on in Puerto Rico, but he can't get enough of the NFL.

BroncoSojia
09-25-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm going through that struggle right now. I won't tolerate the disrespect being shown to my country by people that don't even know what they are protesting anymore.

I'm sort of glad that Trump called out the NFL so we could actually see for certain the league's position. My country means more to me than the NFL and I can't cheer for a team or players that don't hold that value. Even watching Denver lose yesterday, didn't really care. For the first time in forever I was truly ambivalent with the teams performance or the outcome of the game. So, it's clearly time for me to peace out.

I support the players right to take the knee and the cowards to hide in the locker room. But all actions have consequences and it's my right not to watch the political garbage that the NFL has become and now promotes. Their place of employment isn't the right venue to express their political beliefs; take that stuff to your own time and do what you feel you need to do in your local community. The grandstanding is beyond arrogant.

You claim NFL players are disrespecting the country and military, but you support Trump, a draft dodger who called John McCain, a war hero, a loser because he was captured.

The hypocrisy of you people knows no bounds.

Guess Who
09-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Still silent from Trump in regards to what is going on in Puerto Rico, but he can't get enough of the NFL.

remember he said no foreign aidHilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

SleepingTiger
09-25-2017, 09:21 AM
kneel to the US anthem, stand for "God save the Queen". LOL, freakin clueless.

Guess Who
09-25-2017, 09:23 AM
https://scontent-dft4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21767941_367551587000279_5817926757562498738_n.jpg ?oh=fbf9511fa4e55bd217c2695d2ac68abd&oe=5A883B72

TonyR
09-25-2017, 10:23 AM
The historical argument ...

Excellent post. Very well said.

swaiy
09-25-2017, 10:41 AM
I'm sure they tried to change the narrative with Rosa Parks back then too.

Who does she think she is protesting public transportation.

swaiy
09-25-2017, 10:48 AM
I'd also like to point out that numerous players have pointed out exactly why they are protesting yet we keep getting these white, God fearing republicans (lmao) changing the narrative.

"They don't know what they are protesting."

"This only happened because Trump was elected."

"They are protesting America. If they don't like it, leave."

"But the troops!!1!11"

"Obama."

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 10:59 AM
The NFL took the DoD's money to promote their particular strain of patriotism.

It's not that the NFL has become political - it's that the politics of some players and others isn't to the Right's liking.
Bingo. Case in point, the asswipe who posted above you calls players "cowards hiding in a locker room", and supports the actual coward who evaded the draft 5 times and called John McCain out for getting captured in the conflict he hid from. But that hypocrite is pissed off because black players disrupted his magical kingdom of white supremacy where their only useful function is to perform for his amusement.

These people don't give a **** about the flag or the national anthem. It's all about being threatened by the mud people wanting equality.

SleepingTiger
09-25-2017, 11:01 AM
I'd also like to point out that numerous players have pointed out exactly why they are protesting yet we keep getting these white, God fearing republicans (lmao) changing the narrative.

"But the troops!!1!11"

"Obama."

you forgot "God Save the Queen"

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 11:02 AM

"But the troops!!1!11"

"Obama."
You have to be dense as a brick to not know why people are protesting, much less think they don't know.

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Just to formally add some law to the discussion, since technically, we are talking about the anthem, not the flag. However, since the flag is an integral part of the conduct expected during the playing of the anthem, the section of that title of the U.S. Code regarding respect for the flag follows below:

(a)Designation.—
The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.

(A) individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
(B) members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
(C) all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
(2) when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

(k) The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

Literally none of that is followed by anyone.

commode
09-25-2017, 11:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iA86imHKCMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

excellent commentary from shannon sharpe on the problem with yesterdays protests, and how hollow they ring in the overall bigger picture

Maleficent
09-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Then there is that racist ahole Joe Walse that called black players and entertainers "ungrateful black"....

This piece of **** owes $100k on child support.

69bronco
09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
:wave:

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21766325_10154928966622543_6907995606540798726_n.j pg?oh=755fe79f2d005de773f38dc7f264d173&oe=5A52D287

swaiy
09-25-2017, 11:34 AM
*a picture of how stupid I am*

You'll be watching next week, dirtbag. Hilarious!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 11:35 AM
^

Remember when ShaneSpicoli started a thread to snicker about Kaepernick supporters calling for an NFL boycott?

Those folks were supposed to be snowflakes, right? Ha!

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 11:37 AM
Answering the master's dog whistle...

NFL Ratings Mixed After Trump's Call for Boycott of Games

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-25/nfl-ratings-mixed-after-trump-s-call-for-boycott-of-games

footstepsfrom#27
09-25-2017, 11:38 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iA86imHKCMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

excellent commentary from shannon sharpe on the problem with yesterdays protests, and how hollow they ring in the overall bigger picture
I respect his opinion and agree in principal with most of it, but one thing he's missing is that every movement for justice ALWAYS begins with only a tiny few who take a stand and eventually mushrooms. Should the players who stood before now have done so earlier? I think so, but leaders don't become leaders until they have followers. Most people are followers, not leaders. That doesn't mean we should demonize them for waiting. It means we lift up the cause regardless and recognize those who started it as exceptional. The right wing bigots and their forces of injustice would love for us to fight about who stood and who sat or kneeled, when they did so and why. This plays directly into their strategy of divide and conquer. This board is evidence of that. They know they're unified already by their hatred since unity is easy for them because hate is easy. I'm not falling for that. It's why we have the worst individual in the history of this presidency in office now. Call someone out for failing to do what they should earlier, but welcome them NOW regardless of why they came or what made them do so.

Not every battle in this fight is won by the heroic acts of people like Rosa Parks, Fred Shuttlesworh or ML King...and certainly not because of Kaepernick. They need the masses of followers behind them, and that includes even the reluctant ones.

commode
09-25-2017, 11:44 AM
Sharpe was on point during the video, but I do agree with skip's closing statement too, that yesterdays displays were still a good thing.

Rohirrim
09-25-2017, 12:05 PM

(a)Designation.—

http://newsl.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/110296.jpg

I guess this is okay. It doesn't seem to be covered in the rules.

GreatBronco16
09-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Dude, that's uncalled for. We might all have different opinions on things, but we don't wish death upon other members here at the Mane. You should get a month ban for something like this.

Indeed.

That's the ShaneSpicoli playbook.

I hope yall were quick to report this post for the same thing.

I hope the meteor kills your whole family and you live to tell about it.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5067406&postcount=40

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 12:23 PM
I hope yall were quick to report this post for the same thing.

Who said they reported the post?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-25-2017, 12:43 PM
"What Colin did was not an attack on the anthem. It was not an attack on the military. It was not even an attack on police. It was an attack on injustice… Anything else is a red herring." - Dr. Harry Edwards (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Harry-Edwards/155415244471545?fref=mentions)

https://external.fbkk8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=AQAxHJaoH780TS6-&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.democracynow.org%2Fimages%2F story%2F85%2F38685%2Ffull_hd%2FS1_Knee6.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&sx=0&sy=25&sw=1920&sh=1004&_nc_hash=AQCpjPyBDT08QBNJ
(https://www.democracynow.org/2017/9/25/take_the_knee_us_athletes_unite)
Take the Knee: Athletes Unite in Historic Protest Against Racism & Police Brutality, Defying Trump (https://www.democracynow.org/2017/9/25/take_the_knee_us_athletes_unite)

TonyR
09-25-2017, 12:44 PM
^ Ah, I see the Bills knelt during the anthem. I bet they lost! Serves them right!

SleepingTiger
09-25-2017, 12:50 PM
^ Ah, I see the Bills knelt during the anthem. I bet they lost! Serves them right!

Because if it was a distraction, the game would of been a tie. :wave:

JCMElway
09-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Ok folks, the moderators hate to wade into the WRaP, but this has caught our attention. Stop wishing death or harm on anyone, especially fellow Orange Mane posters. Failure to comply with this demand will absolutely be met with the ban hammer.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled political bickering.

Requiem
09-25-2017, 02:09 PM
JCMElway it's time to get your 2018 Draft Board going and take the Lions to the OM Mock Draft promise land.

69bronco
09-25-2017, 02:19 PM
And the best selling jersey in the NFL is...
http://www.wfmz.com/625937162

Funny how that works out. Tomlin is a cock sucker.

JCMElway
09-25-2017, 02:31 PM
JCMElway it's time to get your 2018 Draft Board going and take the Lions to the OM Mock Draft promise land.

Man. If the lions actually drafted the players Dbroncs and I picked for them they would be winning divisions by now!

Maleficent
09-25-2017, 02:37 PM

Seriously, people were saying that? Shame.

Paladin
09-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Ok folks, the moderators hate to wade into the WRaP, but this has caught our attention. Stop wishing death or harm on anyone, especially fellow Orange Mane posters. Failure to comply with this demand will absolutely be met with the ban hammer.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled political bickering.

But if you wish that on a Raider fan..?

Fear the Hawk
09-25-2017, 03:08 PM
So glad we have a "uniter" in the WH instead of that terrible Barack Obama. ::)

69bronco
09-25-2017, 03:38 PM
So glad we have a "uniter" in the WH instead of that terrible Barack Obama. :)

:thumbs:

Fear the Hawk
09-25-2017, 03:47 PM
:thumbs:

Yeah, just look at how tRump has brought people together on this board over the NFL protest issue. He's not divisive at all. ::) ::)

SleepingTiger
09-25-2017, 04:29 PM
So glad we have a "uniter" in the WH instead of that terrible Barack Obama. ::)

exactly, spot on. under Obama, the nation has never seen such unity!
Uhh

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 04:44 PM
Wait....They did not take a knee for "God Save the Queen"?

At the UK game?

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 09:16 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Prediction: Not one NFL owner, not Roger Goodell will say one word about what he said about Kaep or other NFL players. Not. A. One. <a href="https://t.co/tBv3Q5FZHp">https://t.co/tBv3Q5FZHp</a></p>&mdash; Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) <a href="https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/911401571300380672">September 23, 2017</a></blockquote>

Pontius Pirate
09-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Taking a knee is now a full blown cultural phenomenon. Football, baseball, basketball. Even singers and marching bands are doing it.

Shane, take a pic of yourself on one knee playing Wolfenstein 2

ShaneFalco
09-25-2017, 09:26 PM
Kap stole it.

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/tebow1-620x470.jpg

Agamemnon
09-25-2017, 09:30 PM
And the best selling jersey in the NFL is...
http://www.wfmz.com/625937162

Funny how that works out. Tomlin is a pink pony rider.

Congrats, you just found proof there are a lot of very stupid football fans.

Blueflame
09-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Wait....They did not take a knee for "God Save the Queen"?

At the UK game?

Don't recall hearing about the Queen of England publicly stating that there were "very fine people" marching under a Nazi flag in Charlottesville.... or calling black players who chose to kneel -- "sons of b*tches".

Btw -- Queen Elizabeth has a pretty impressive military service record.
http://mashable.com/2015/04/22/queen-elizabeth-army/#Lm1lycXuxsqW

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 02:07 AM
Don't recall hearing about the Queen of England publicly stating that there were "very fine people" marching under a Nazi flag in Charlottesville.... or calling black players who chose to kneel -- "sons of b*tches".

^

Members of Bone Spurs' family who have served: 0.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 02:25 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/v6hi9mfyx/IMG_6541.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 02:47 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/4vr3b5hll/IMG_6543.jpg

W*GS
09-26-2017, 07:14 AM
In reading the comments from football fans, there's definitely an undercurrent of anti-black racism in some.

TonyR
09-26-2017, 07:33 AM
Taking a knee is now a full blown cultural phenomenon. Football, baseball, basketball. Even singers and marching bands are doing it.

Shane, take a pic of yourself on one knee playing Wolfenstein 2

Shane's knees are probably pretty sore from being on them so often. Give the kid a break.

TonyR
09-26-2017, 07:35 AM

It's rather interesting that no matter how many times inconvenient facts like these are brought up, not one of these clowns who are so upset about the protests will address them. Not one.

69bronco
09-26-2017, 07:55 AM

So are they kneeling because of social injustice or getting triggered? :giggle:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 07:57 AM

Either you don't understand the Constitution, or you simply dislike protests against racial injustice.

I'm leaning more toward the second possibility.

Pontius Pirate
09-26-2017, 07:57 AM
The take a kneee thing has been a good thing regardless of which side you are on.

Think about all the insightful statements we've heard on (on the one side) the need for police reform and (on the other side) what it means to be a patriot and salute the flag.

Till this, the anthem has just been a go-through-the-motions thing (maybe with exception of the games right after 9/11).

It's gotten NFL role models talking about things bigger than the game and gotten America talking.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 08:50 AM
Sinead O'Connor's got to be really pissed.

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 09:17 AM
Now, how do we transfer all this kneeling into actual societal change?

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 09:35 AM
Pot roast aka Terrance
twitter

"What if players were taking a knee for all the veterans who are homeless and on the street with nothing to show for their duty? 🤔 "

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 09:37 AM
"Unsurprisingly, some brilliant, thought-provoking comments from Gregg Popovich (who served in the military) on a difficult subject:

Video https://twitter.com/tommybeer/status/912384061615824897

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 09:45 AM
Pot roast aka Terrance
twitter

"What if players were taking a knee for all the veterans who are homeless and on the street with nothing to show for their duty? 🤔 "

Excellent point. :thumbs:

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 09:47 AM
Either you don't understand the Constitution, or you simply dislike protests against racial injustice.

I'm leaning more toward the second possibility.
Why settle for just one?

Bronco X
09-26-2017, 10:00 AM
I used to resent the Spurs because they knocked the Nuggets out of the playoffs with ease, but man I have so much respect for Popovich. Not only is he a brilliant coach, but he hasn't been afraid to speak out about the travesty that is the Trump presidency right from the start.

The Trump presidency is not a normal state of affairs. This isn't equivalent to any of the previous Republican administrations, and for those on the other side of the isle, they should recognize this isn't the equivalent of the Obama and Clinton administrations (I'm sure most of them don't), but props to the small number of them that do.

We are in a state of national crisis. A world crisis, actually. History will not look kindly on those who support him or choose to remain silent. Nor will it look kindly on those who are more upset by black athletes protesting racism than a President who accepted help from a hostile foreign power to interfere in our democratic elections, or who uses Twitter to childishly provoke a hostile nuclear power into a confrontation.... I can go on here, the list is endless.

There are too many Americans out there who need to wake the f*&k up. I applaud everyone like Popovich and the athletes who take a knee who are using the platform they have available to call attention to things that need to be brought to light. Hell, I'd actually like to see some of the athletes do more.

gunns
09-26-2017, 10:01 AM

So are you boycotting the NFL because you dislike protests against racial injustice or just getting triggered?

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Pot roast aka Terrance
twitter

Doesn't really make sense. Because it took a Trump tweet. :)

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 10:06 AM
I used to resent the Spurs because they knocked the Nuggets out of the playoffs with ease, but man I have so much respect for Popovich. Not only is he a brilliant coach, but he hasn't been afraid to speak out about the travesty that is the Trump presidency right from the start.

The Trump presidency is not a normal state of affairs. This isn't equivalent to any of the previous Republican administrations, and for those on the other side of the isle, they should recognize this isn't the equivalent of the Obama and Clinton administrations (I'm sure most of them don't), but props to the small number of them that do.

We are in a state of national crisis. A world crisis, actually. History will not look kindly on those who support him or choose to remain silent. Nor will it look kindly on those who are more upset by black athletes protesting racism than a President who accepted help from a hostile foreign power to interfere in our democratic elections, or who uses Twitter to childishly provoke a hostile nuclear power into a confrontation.... I can go on here, the list is endless.

There are too many Americans out there who need to wake the f*&k up. I applaud everyone like Popovich and the athletes who take a knee who are using the platform they have available to call attention to things that need to be brought to light. Hell, I'd actually like to see some of the athletes do more.

The ****-stain in the WH could, quite literally, bring this country down, or start a world war (and soon at that). You're right. Americans need to wake the **** up.

Rohirrim
09-26-2017, 10:06 AM
Doesn't really make sense. Because it took a Trump tweet. :)

Keep shilling for the ****-stain.

gunns
09-26-2017, 10:11 AM
Pat Tillman's widow

https://www.yahoo.com/news/widow-former-nfl-player-died-080107029.html

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Keep shilling for the ****-stain.

So you're saying it wasn't because of Trump now?

You guys need to make up your minds.

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 10:32 AM

Bingo.

You keep making sense.

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Eric Decker's wife just came her two cents.

Speaking on his behalf I guess.

BroncoSojia
09-26-2017, 11:02 AM
Racism is dead, they said. Discrimination is dead, they said. ::)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pennsylvania fire chief calls Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a ‘no-good n*gger’ over NFL protests <a href="https://t.co/Vbdy6UuCf8">https://t.co/Vbdy6UuCf8</a></p>&mdash; Raw Story (@RawStory) <a href="https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/912647786016976896">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

Pontius Pirate
09-26-2017, 11:08 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pennsylvania fire chief calls Steelers coach Mike Tomlin a ‘no-good n*gger’ over NFL protests <a href="https://t.co/Vbdy6UuCf8">https://t.co/Vbdy6UuCf8</a></p>&mdash; Raw Story (@RawStory) <a href="https://twitter.com/RawStory/status/912647786016976896">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

It's amazing what a simple, silent genture has done to bring out the racists in America. On this very board, one very long-time poster, in response to the controversy, chimed in by saying he was glad Tamir Rice was dead.

Imagine what would happen if the players flipped the bird to the flag or were standing around laughing.

They are taking a knee. Silently, respectfully, and (in Kaepernick's case) to make a point about racial inequality and police brutality.

The more the POTUS and white america fights it, the more there will be attention to it.

The players doing this are winning and we'll look back on it years later and thank them for doing it.

Pontius Pirate
09-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Damn. This guy nails it:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nfl/dale-hansen-unplugged-national-anthem-protests-flag-nfl/478596561

SleepingTiger
09-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Only an idiot would think racism/discrimination is dead. Its not the KKK that I am afraid of, its the guys who is shaking my hand, asking me how my day is and at the same time hating my guts because I am not of the same skin color.

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 12:33 PM
This is fcking disgusting.

Pittsburgh-area fire chief sorry after public discovers hateful post aimed at Mike Tomlin

“Tomlin just added himself to the list of no good (N-words). Yes I said it,” Smith wrote."

Source

www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/pittsburgh-area-fire-chief-sorry-public-discovers-hateful-post-aimed-mike-tomlin-151118735.html

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 12:34 PM
^ sorry article was posted. I should have refreshed the page.

TonyR
09-26-2017, 12:35 PM

You're not allowed to bring her up and not post a pic. That's a violation of the OrangeMane user agreement!

69bronco
09-26-2017, 12:44 PM

Freedom of speech is a two way street. I wonder if he'll get fired from his volunteer position?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Only an idiot would think racism/discrimination is dead. Its not the KKK that I am afraid of, its the guys who is shaking my hand, asking me how my day is and at the same time hating my guts because I am not of the same skin color.

Then why would you align politically with those same people?

https://s26.postimg.org/4g3viena1/IMG_6553.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 12:48 PM
https://s26.postimg.org/61nqnymvt/IMG_6554.jpg

swaiy
09-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Freedom of speech is a two way street. I wonder if he'll get fired from his volunteer position?

being a fire chief is a volunteer position ?Hilarious!

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 12:51 PM
^hahaha
Hopefully it shows up.
https://typeset-beta.imgix.net/rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F30dab5ce-18fa-4a37-99bb-2ea1c1985f95.jpg

69bronco
09-26-2017, 12:52 PM

I guess so

swaiy
09-26-2017, 12:53 PM

Speaking on his behalf I guess.

I guess two cents was all she could offer being a 10 cent head and all

Pontius Pirate
09-26-2017, 12:55 PM

I wonder if Trump will call him a "son of a bitch" and demand his firing or if he will (more likely) say he is "very fine people"

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 01:12 PM

In some places. But I have no idea in this case.

BroncoBeavis
09-26-2017, 01:21 PM

Confirmed

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fire-chief-racial-slur-steelers-mike-tomlin-article-1.3522247

deeply disturbed by the comments made by Volunteer Chief Smith, and in no way, shape or form condone his comments.

Are we really having a national dialog about what some volunteer thinks in some hole in the ground nobody's ever heard of?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-26-2017, 01:28 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/fire-chief-racial-slur-steelers-mike-tomlin-article-1.3522247

Are we really having a national dialog about what some volunteer thinks in some hole in the ground nobody's ever heard of?

Doesn't matter how high or how low this idiot's profile might be: you would try to minimize and brush his comments aside even if he were....the President of the United States. :wave:

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Keith Olbermann knocks it out of the park;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otQE0GK6L3Q

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 05:27 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NFL has all sorts of rules and regulations. The only way out for them is to set a rule that you can't kneel during our National Anthem!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912664574461120512">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">But while Dallas dropped to its knees as a team, they all stood up for our National Anthem. Big progress being made-we all love our country!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912629775629418501">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The booing at the NFL football game last night, when the entire Dallas team dropped to its knees, was loudest I have ever heard. Great anger</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912626731357540353">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ratings for NFL football are way down except before game starts, when people tune in to see whether or not our country will be disrespected!</p>&mdash; Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/912624892239077376">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 05:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check out <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES">@SteveSchmidtSES</a>’s takedown of <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a>’s battle with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/JN4bcgA9hU">pic.twitter.com/JN4bcgA9hU</a></p>&mdash; Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle) <a href="https://twitter.com/SRuhle/status/912708647167381505">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 05:31 PM
Damn. This guy nails it:

http://www.wfaa.com/sports/nfl/dale-hansen-unplugged-national-anthem-protests-flag-nfl/478596561

Good stuff.

Truth

Maleficent
09-26-2017, 05:43 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"> <a href="https://t.co/2XJoXbT0OO">pic.twitter.com/2XJoXbT0OO</a></p>&mdash; Tom Crabtree (@itsCrab) <a href="https://twitter.com/itsCrab/status/912392805523193857">September 25, 2017</a></blockquote>

TonyR
09-26-2017, 08:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Check out <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveSchmidtSES">@SteveSchmidtSES</a>’s takedown of <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump">@realDonaldTrump</a>’s battle with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> <a href="https://t.co/JN4bcgA9hU">pic.twitter.com/JN4bcgA9hU</a></p>&mdash; Stephanie Ruhle (@SRuhle) <a href="https://twitter.com/SRuhle/status/912708647167381505">September 26, 2017</a></blockquote>

That's almost perfectly put. I'm not sure how anyone could disagree with that. And Schmidt is a raging right winger, believe me. I knew him at one time years ago.

swaiy
09-26-2017, 09:37 PM
Here are some things people are willfully ignoring.

Kaepernick sat down on the bench during the national anthem for 3 preseason games and no one said a WORD. It wasn't until he explained WHY he was sitting dowm when white America got upset. Kaepernick started kneeling when it was suggested to him by a former Navy SEAL that it would be viewed more respectful than sitting to which he obliged.

The anthem was NEVER being protested nor the flag. It was just the VEHICLE for the protest. We have everyone and their mother trying to change the narrative because they don't like what's been protested.

There is never a "right" way to protest in the eyes of people that don't respect your constitutional rights and/or what you're protesting. In this case, systemic injustice. All of us are not being guaranteed basic rights and equalities promised by this country and what it represents.

Furthermore, these people will be on the wrong side of history just like their family members who were spraying people like me with hoses and sicking dogs on them.

footstepsfrom#27
09-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Here are some things people are willfully ignoring.

Kaepernick sat down on the bench during the national anthem for 3 preseason games and no one said a WORD. It wasn't until he explained WHY he was sitting dowm when white America got upset. Kaepernick started kneeling when it was suggested to him by a former Navy SEAL that it would be viewed more respectful than sitting to which he obliged.

The anthem was NEVER being protested nor the flag. It was just the VEHICLE for the protest. We have everyone and their mother trying to change the narrative because they don't like what's been protested.

There is never a "right" way to protest in the eyes of people that don't respect your constitutional rights and/or what you're protesting. In this case, systemic injustice. All of us are not being guaranteed basic rights and equalities promised by this country and what it represents.

Furthermore, these people will be on the wrong side of history just like their family members who were spraying people like me with hoses and sicking dogs on them.
In the 50's it was Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Alabama bus boycott that stirred whites to bomb black churches. In the 1960's it was freedom riders, Birmingham and King and the white response with George Wallace blocking the doorway at the state university. Today we have a more subtle response but the asswipe in the WH is trying his best to take us back there again. As late as last offseason some of the same race haters now moaning about Kaepernick on this very board mocked me for suggesting that Colin Kaepernick would not be a suitable fit in mostly white Denver, scoffing at the idea that Denver fans would reject him. People weren't calling him a stiff who couldn't play. They were urging his signing and wondering when Elway could get it done.

Imagine if he HAD signed here. Imagine if he was the Broncos starting QB...this place would be in a full scale panic.

Bronco X
09-26-2017, 10:27 PM
It's kind of amusing to me that people are acting like taking a knee is some huge act of disrespect. There was an extremely popular television show that had a minor subplot about one character demanding of another to "bend the knee". And this character wasn't asking to be disrespected. This taking a knee gesture is almost in every other context universally thought of as an act of respect or reverence.

Yes, it is intended as a protest in this case, but it's seriously one of the most respectful benign protests one could conjure up. The rage it is inspiring would be downright comical if it wasn't a sign of something seriously wrong with a large segment of the American populace.

I think a good timely comedy skit would be a man bending down on one knee to propose to his girlfriend, and the girl slaps him and rages about how she can never marry a man who disrespects the troops.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 02:58 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/a7ksewuop/IMG_6563.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 03:49 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/ebuxyw5eh/IMG_6564.jpg

SleepingTiger
09-27-2017, 06:03 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/ebuxyw5eh/IMG_6564.jpg

wtf, Bennett brutalized by the cops? c'mon man, the guy ran away from the cops, what the hell did he think was going to happen. common sense people

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 06:48 AM
wtf, Bennett brutalized by the cops? c'mon man, the guy ran away from the cops, what the hell did he think was going to happen. common sense people

Thanks for the Foxsplanation re: what happened. ::)

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 07:48 AM
He wasn't running from the cops idiot. He was running because some crazy was shooting.

A black man with a gun to his head being told by cops they will blow his brains out isn't a sign of disrespect for you, but the neighbors not talking to you is.

WTF is wrong with you?

Pony Boy
09-27-2017, 08:17 AM
So Colin Kaepernick was right and Tim Tebow was wrong? I hope the NFL's ratings continue to plunge -11% last week.

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 08:26 AM
So Colin Kaepernick was right and Tim Tebow was wrong? I hope the NFL's ratings continue to plunge -11% last week.

Who said Tim Tebow was a son of a bitch for kneeling?

I must have missed that.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 08:53 AM
He wasn't running from the cops idiot. He was running because some crazy was shooting.

A black man with a gun to his head being told by cops they will blow his brains out isn't a sign of disrespect for you, but the neighbors not talking to you is.

WTF is wrong with you?

SleepingTiger has, once again, unthinkingly swallowed the alt-right "alternative facts."

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 08:56 AM
Who said Tim Tebow was a son of a b**** for kneeling?

I must have missed that.

No one.

Just another desperation move/false equivalence from another Trumpista.

His WH talking points from Sarah Schmuckabee must have finally come in.

Pony Boy
09-27-2017, 09:42 AM

I must have missed that.

Where in my post did I say anyone called him a SOB, do you just make up fake news as you post?

BroncoSojia
09-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Gonna keep saying this, but I just wish there was more anger for the reasons behind the protest (systemic racism, discrimination, and police brutality) than it is for the actual protests.

BroncoBeavis
09-27-2017, 10:18 AM
Gonna keep saying this, but I just wish there was more anger for the reasons behind the protest (systemic racism, discrimination, and police brutality) than it is for the actual protests.

Like I said. Whole thing is derailed now and instead all about that douche in the oval office.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 02:03 PM
Like I said. Whole thing is derailed now and instead all about that douche in the oval office.

That's because the douche in the Oval Office is the Pied Piper to every racist and bigot in America.

https://s26.postimg.org/bol3z9c9l/IMG_6548.jpg

Pontius Pirate
09-27-2017, 02:49 PM
President Dump (who by the way looks like a giant singular testicle with a necktie wrapped around it) is still yapping about the NFL this week instead of focusing all his energy helping Puerto Rico.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-27-2017, 03:05 PM
President Dump (who by the way looks like a giant singular testicle with a necktie wrapped around it) is still yapping about the NFL this week instead of focusing all his energy helping Puerto Rico.

There's a reason why the orange skid mark doesn't want to talk about Puerto Rico...

Trump’s failed Puerto Rico golf course has cost the territory’s taxpayers more than $32 million

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/09/trumps-failed-puerto-rico-golf-course-has-cost-the-territorys-taxpayers-more-than-32-million/

ShaneFalco
09-27-2017, 04:16 PM

WTF is wrong with you?

When you have to lie about a situation to push your dishonest, fake, and racist agenda down peoples throats on a bronco forum.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ggNikMTIgL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why are you such a liar?

ShaneFalco
09-27-2017, 04:18 PM

I must have missed that.

He didnt do it during the anthem. He did it before he took the field and after he scored touchdowns.

Is there anything you have said in this thread that is not completely misrepresented or an outright lie?

ShaneFalco
09-27-2017, 04:24 PM
As late as last offseason some of the same race haters now moaning about Kaepernick on this very board mocked me for suggesting that Colin Kaepernick would not be a suitable fit in mostly white Denver, scoffing at the idea that Denver fans would reject him. People weren't calling him a stiff who couldn't play. They were urging his signing and wondering when Elway could get it done.

Imagine if he HAD signed here. Imagine if he was the Broncos starting QB...this place would be in a full scale panic.

"broncos fans are too white to have kapernick as QB" LOL

You are by far the biggest racist on the forum.

Like nobody even comes close to you.

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 06:43 PM
There's plenty of anger for the reasons behind the protest, but why would we expect to find in among white NFL fans?

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 06:50 PM
When you have to lie about a situation to push your dishonest, fake, and racist agenda down peoples throats on a bronco forum.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ggNikMTIgL8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why are you such a liar?
You moronic stoner.

Do you think there was a video camera already rolling and focused on Michael Bennett at the start of the encounter with the cop? Obviously not. Let's see footage from the cop's body camera instead of something 5 minutes later.

Or maybe if "wasn't turned on" again as usual?

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 06:51 PM
He didnt do it during the anthem. He did it before he took the field and after he scored touchdowns.

Is there anything you have said in this thread that is not completely misrepresented or an outright lie?
I said nothing about when he did it dumbass

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 06:54 PM
"broncos fans are too white to have kapernick as QB" LOL

You are by far the biggest racist on the forum.

Like nobody even comes close to you.
Calling your neo-Nazi pals (or "white conservatives" as you describe them) racists isn't racist. It's common sense.

*WARHORSE*
09-27-2017, 07:42 PM
Your reasons for kneeling dont matter to me unless youre praying.

Any NFL game that starts with people kneeling during the national anthem will be turned off by me. Including the Broncos games.

No more.

People who have given up their lives for the sake of my and my families freedom are to be honored, period. Their families also. No grieving mother who lost her son or daughter is going to see me drinking a beer and enjoying myself watching a game when it begins with the disrespecting of our flag, the national anthem, and the liberties under that flag that call us forward anymore.

Real sons and daughters of ALL colors and backrounds have given this sacrifice.

Im done with it.

This aint about Trump and his ignorant inflammatory words. BTW, the ONLY thing I disagree with in what he said was the namecalling.

He spoke what many feel. Doesnt give him the right, I think it was STUPID.

Regardless.

Ive been a BRONCO fan for over 43 years. I want to watch this weeks game against the Ratturds.

My father was a war hero and I dont feel the need to validate my stance, just want understanding.

Im all for fighting for a cause and expressing free speech. But I got my choices as well.

If you want to get to your destination and you decide to trudge through my farmland and smash my crops along the way, you probably wont be getting much help nor sympathy from me.

When the kneeling stops, I will gladly watch with a HUGE smile on my face.

Go Broncos.

GOD BLESS THE USA.

swaiy
09-27-2017, 07:52 PM
See ya, pops.

We have the same constitutional rights. You don't have to like it but, you can't stop it.

footstepsfrom#27
09-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Any NFL game that starts with people kneeling during the national anthem will be turned off by me. Including the Broncos games.

No more.

People who have given up their lives for the sake of my and my families freedom are to be honored, period. Their families also. No grieving mother who lost her son or daughter is going to see me drinking a beer and enjoying myself watching a game when it begins with the disrespecting of our flag, the national anthem, and the liberties under that flag that call us forward anymore.

Im done with it.

This aint about Trump and his ignorant inflammatory words. BTW, the ONLY thing I disagree with in what he said was the namecalling.

Regardless.

Ive been a BRONCO fan for over 43 years. I want to watch this weeks game against the Ratturds.

My father was a war hero and I dont feel the need to validate my stance, just want understanding.

Im all for fighting for a cause and expressing free speech. But I got my choices as well.

If you want to get to your destination and you decide to trudge through my farmland and smash my crops along the way, you probably wont be getting much help nor sympathy from me.

Go Broncos.

GOD BLESS THE USA.
Why do so many people assume the flag and the anthem are only associated with the military? Is this country only about the military? Have we become so war-like that the only correlation we can make to patriotism is a military one?

mhgaffney
09-27-2017, 08:51 PM
How many of you know that the US killed a Russian three-star general the other day in Syria?

This NFL protest issue is a convenient diversion from this other infinitely more important issue -- the fact our nation has begun attacking and killing Russians in Syria. This is how world wars start.

Washington Has Initiated Military Conflict With Russia

By Paul Craig Roberts

September 27, 2017 "Information Clearing House" - Russia has provided evidence that Washington is collaborating with ISIS in attacks on Russian forces.

In one Washington-directed attack, ISIS tried to capture 29 Russian military policemen. However, Russian special forces entered the fray, and the result was spectacular losses for ISIS.

In another attack Washington-directed attack, Russian General Valery Asapov and two Russian colonels were killed in an attack that violated agreements.

Sooner or later it will dawn on the Russian government that Washington is not a rational government with which diplomacy can be practiced, peace pursued, and agreements reached. Sooner or later it will dawn on the Russian government that far from being rational, Washington is a criminally insane collection of psychopaths in thrall to the military/security complex which, in turn, is in thrall to its massive profits.

In other words, for the powerful interest groups that control the US government, war is a profit center. No amount of Russian diplomacy can do anything about this fact.

It is unfortunate that the Russian government did not realize what it was dealing with. If the Russian government had not projected its own rationality on Washington, the war in Syria would have been over a couple of years ago. Instead, hoping for a settlement, the Russians were stop-go/stop-go, which gave Washington time to recover from the shock of Russian intervention and put in place plans to partition Syria in order to keep the conflict alive forever. Having dallied in hopes of a settlement, the danger of which The Saker warns us is real. http://thesaker.is/very-dangerous-escalation-in-syria/

The protests by black pro-football players by refusing to stand for the national anthem has come at an unfortunate time. It is playing into the hands of the military/security complex which is using President Trump’s loud voice challenging the “anti-americanism” to whip up patriotic fervor. It is amazing how people fall for it every time. The military/security complex and their presstitutes are creating public anger at those “attacking our country.” This anger will be turned from black football players to Russia.

With the public in its pocket, the military/security complex will increase its reckless provocations of Russia until we are all dead.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/47903.htm

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following. Roberts' latest books are The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and Economic Dissolution of the West, How America Was Lost, and The Neoconservative Threat to World Order.

Agamemnon
09-27-2017, 08:53 PM

No more.

Im done with it.

Regardless.

Go Broncos.

GOD BLESS THE USA.

https://www.belmarrahealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/yawn-300x240.jpg

Agamemnon
09-27-2017, 08:58 PM
How many of you know that the US killed a Russian three-star general the other day in Syria?

This NFL protest issue is a convenient diversion from this other infinitely more important issue -- the fact our nation has begun attacking and killing Russians in Syria. This is how world wars start.

Washington Has Initiated Military Conflict With Russia

By Paul Craig Roberts

September 27, 2017 "Information Clearing House" - Russia has provided evidence that Washington is collaborating with ISIS in attacks on Russian forces.

In one Washington-directed attack, ISIS tried to capture 29 Russian military policemen. However, Russian special forces entered the fray, and the result was spectacular losses for ISIS.

In another attack Washington-directed attack, Russian General Valery Asapov and two Russian colonels were killed in an attack that violated agreements.

Sooner or later it will dawn on the Russian government that Washington is not a rational government with which diplomacy can be practiced, peace pursued, and agreements reached. Sooner or later it will dawn on the Russian government that far from being rational, Washington is a criminally insane collection of psychopaths in thrall to the military/security complex which, in turn, is in thrall to its massive profits.

In other words, for the powerful interest groups that control the US government, war is a profit center. No amount of Russian diplomacy can do anything about this fact.

It is unfortunate that the Russian government did not realize what it was dealing with. If the Russian government had not projected its own rationality on Washington, the war in Syria would have been over a couple of years ago. Instead, hoping for a settlement, the Russians were stop-go/stop-go, which gave Washington time to recover from the shock of Russian intervention and put in place plans to partition Syria in order to keep the conflict alive forever. Having dallied in hopes of a settlement, the danger of which The Saker warns us is real. http://thesaker.is/very-dangerous-escalation-in-syria/

The protests by black pro-football players by refusing to stand for the national anthem has come at an unfortunate time. It is playing into the hands of the military/security complex which is using President Trump’s loud voice challenging the “anti-americanism” to whip up patriotic fervor. It is amazing how people fall for it every time. The military/security complex and their presstitutes are creating public anger at those “attacking our country.” This anger will be turned from black football players to Russia.

With the public in its pocket, the military/security complex will increase its reckless provocations of Russia until we are all dead.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/47903.htm

Dr. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy and associate editor of the Wall Street Journal. He was columnist for Business Week, Scripps Howard News Service, and Creators Syndicate. He has had many university appointments. His internet columns have attracted a worldwide following. Roberts' latest books are The Failure of Laissez Faire Capitalism and Economic Dissolution of the West, How America Was Lost, and The Neoconservative Threat to World Order.

Speaking of the policy against fake news...

mhgaffney
09-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Do you deny that the US killed a Russian general, the other day, in Syria?

Agamemnon
09-27-2017, 09:11 PM

Do you have any actual proof they did?

Agamemnon
09-27-2017, 09:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9cwOqKfEYTg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cascadia Bronco
09-27-2017, 10:05 PM

No more.

Im done with it.

Regardless.

Go Broncos.

GOD BLESS THE USA.

If only you cared as much about equality and innocent people suffering from actual injustice and people getting gunned down by cops with no real oversight. Maybe you should rethink your life when you give more of a **** about a piece of fabric and a song when people who are your neighbors and countrymen are suffering unjustly and people are begging to bring attention to it.

Especially when they say they aren't doing it to disrespect the military and veterans. I find it's more patriotic to support people who want to make us better as a country by pointing out our flaws then scream them down.

Pontius Pirate
09-28-2017, 12:26 AM

mhgaffney - have you ever touched a woman (with consent)?

W*GS
09-28-2017, 06:24 AM
der gaffo is spamming now, just like Choda.

Poor sad ****er.

W*GS
09-28-2017, 06:33 AM
mhgaffney - have you ever touched a woman (with consent)?

Only the kind with an air valve.

TonyR
09-28-2017, 08:06 AM
Everyone should read this.

Eric Reid: Why Colin Kaepernick and I Decided to Take a Knee (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html?mcubz=1)

BroncoBeavis
09-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Everyone should read this.

Eric Reid: Why Colin Kaepernick and I Decided to Take a Knee (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/opinion/colin-kaepernick-football-protests.html?mcubz=1)

You know what would have worked way better...

Just wear a sticker with the guy's initials on your helmet.

Let the league fine you repeatedly for your "extraneous expression"

It would be the talk of the media, and the talk would actually be about the VICTIM and what happened instead of the Trump emo clown show we're all now witness to.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-28-2017, 08:25 AM
You know what would have worked way better...

Stopped reading right there.

NO form of protest against racial injustice has ever been acceptable in the eyes of American regressives.

ShaneFalco
09-29-2017, 12:17 AM
Hilarious how Huffpost is trying to talk about football now.

When Tim Tebow knelt on the sidelines of a football game in a defiant and public act of faith during his years as an N.F.L. quarterback, he was adored as a darling of the American church (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2017/09/24/colin-kaepernick-vs-tim-tebow-a-tale-of-two-christianities-on-its-knees/?utm_term=.5faaffc3bdcb#comments). When Colin Kaepernick knelt before games in protest of police brutality, he received death threats (http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/21/sport/colin-kaepernick-death-threats/index.html), was called a “traitor (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/aug/31/colin-kaepernick-traitor-national-anthem-protest-nfl)” and eventually, left unsigned by the NFL (https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/?toURL=https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2017/09/08/colin-kaepernick-nfl-week-1-protest/&refURL=https://www.google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/).http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-many-white-christians-fail-to-understand-about-the-nfl-protests_us_59cbbd56e4b02aef6cd6a031?ncid=inblnkus hpmg00000009

liberal rag written by highschool chicks doesnt have a clue. Tebow never protested the anthem.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-29-2017, 02:03 AM
liberal rag yap yap yap....

https://s26.postimg.org/f7pkwesi1/IMG_0712.jpg

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-29-2017, 02:04 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/g7fvs47nt/IMG_0710.jpg

Atwater His Ass
09-29-2017, 09:31 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-many-white-christians-fail-to-understand-about-the-nfl-protests_us_59cbbd56e4b02aef6cd6a031?ncid=inblnkus hpmg00000009

liberal rag written by highschool chicks doesnt have a clue. Tebow never protested the anthem.

How would anyone with a brain even be able to equate the two? :rofl:

Must have been confused while Tebow is building hospitals in third world corners of the world and the rest of these clowns are getting arresting for DUI and domestic abuse.

BroncoBeavis
09-29-2017, 09:33 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/heres-what-many-white-christians-fail-to-understand-about-the-nfl-protests_us_59cbbd56e4b02aef6cd6a031?ncid=inblnkus hpmg00000009

Wow, that's ****ing turrible. That sorority chick board of theirs needs to get out more.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-29-2017, 12:15 PM
https://scontent.fbkk12-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21768456_1264983780280323_5696438055995539438_n.jp g?oh=9a35196897987fea87f96ec9774c1fb5&oe=5A4A01A9

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
09-29-2017, 12:30 PM
https://scontent.fbkk12-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/22007746_1263879223724112_9139704176575649516_n.jp g?oh=543c85cf2a0996d2b1a65f1a9b37ad1e&oe=5A4613E5

cmc0605
09-29-2017, 12:59 PM
As the George Carlin video gets at (posted a few posts above), a lot of what people call "patriotism" is just irrational symbolism. "It's make believe."

These people against kneeling don't have any special patriotic virtue, nor do I think they really make much association between protest and soldiers. I'm not even sure they are upset. It's just virtue signaling of a different form that they accuse the left of doing. We all have things that make us flinch when they symbolically go against certain values we hold dear.

This sort of primitive nationalism we see on display is a widespread virtue not just among conservatives, but among "the masses" in a lot of countries, particularly among those who don't really know much about the country or what is happening in the world. It's sufficient to go through some motions, know that America is winning a battle in some far out territory somewhere that one couldn't pick out on a map, etc.

These people aren't necessarily racist (as the left commonly accuses). Racism is just an esoteric, far-removed concept to many, much like the random country they could not identify on a map. But you don't even need to accept in racism in America to support people kneeling, standing, peeing, stretching, etc. during an anthem. It's just a ritual. You imparted meaning to it that other people don't need to share.