PDA

View Full Version : Some Time after the Bye Week "Roster Question"

Lost Soul
09-22-2017, 06:51 AM
hey guys well i was just thinking about the roster.
and i was thinking its gonna be great when we are really at full strength this season.

well any ways looking at our roster for later in the season who
do you guys think we will release / cut to make room for

shane ray and jake butt when they come back ?

jake butt is gonna be a big time weapon but im not sure who will get the axe because i like our te group of green / derby / heuerman .

butt is do to come back some time after the bye week and ray is some time mid season

any thoughts ?

Lost Soul
09-22-2017, 08:01 AM
for shane ray to come back im guessing kasim edebali is the odd man out but as for jake butt to come in to the fold im clueless on that one.

The.Underdog
09-22-2017, 08:04 AM
They most likely will keep Butt on the sidelines unless there is a TE injury that allows them to make a change.

Broncoandrew
09-22-2017, 09:14 AM
I doubt we see Butt much this year, once he is practicing it's going to take time to build chemistry.

OABB
09-22-2017, 09:17 AM
I doubt we see Butt much this year, once he is practicing it's going to take time to build chemistry.

That's what she said.

BroncoBeavis
09-22-2017, 09:17 AM
They most likely will keep Butt on the sidelines unless there is a TE injury that allows them to make a change.

Good call. Let the kid absorb and don't rush him back if the roster's full.

MamaMia
09-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Good call. Let the kid absorb and don't rush him back if the roster's full.

I think the key with Butt is to resist the urge to get him straight into the action once he is declared eligible.

BroncoBeavis
09-22-2017, 09:31 AM
I think the key with Butt is to resist the urge to get him straight into the action once he is declared eligible.

OABB, another one for you.

underrated29
09-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Id cut Green if it was me. Butt, I am sure they will let butt watch and learn and IR him. I still think he could be a big weapon for us over greenie

SonOfLe-loLang
09-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Id cut Green if it was me. Butt, I am sure they will let butt watch and learn and IR him. I still think he could be a big weapon for us over greenie

Green is our starter, he's not going anywhere. I don't know what you do with Butt, but to me, he's a pick for the future, so if all our TE's are performing, just put him on full season IR with a look to him making a big impact next year.

As far as Ray's concerned, we probably don't need all our D-linemen, and I have no clue what they are doing with DeMarcus Walker. But we probably don't need 2 Pekos and a Rubin.

broncocalijohn
09-22-2017, 10:02 AM

IRman made it through training camp and 2 games so far. His healthiness is most likely on life support. Butt would take his spot as they flip places. 80/20% chance.

underrated29
09-22-2017, 10:09 AM
I like Derby and Irman way better than Green. Green is ok. I do not see anything he can do that Butt Cannot do immediately better

bpc
09-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Edebali isn't going anywhere. He's a glue guy. Not the flashiest but a grinder who will pick up 6-10 sacks in spot time based off effort. If you have any guys go down, heaven forbid Von or whatever, he'd be like plugging in a Shaun Phillips at OLB. I could see Stephenson or Turner being on the chopping block. Not a easy thing to predict.

Personally speaking, we should HOPE to get Shane Ray back. I don't think it's a guarantee. They said he got a pin put into his wrist. That is a terrible injury for a guy who is more of a motor, leverage, physical player than guys like Von/Shaq who's throwing a bunch of speed and secondary moves at tackles to keep them off balance. Ray is more of a one trick pony IMO. Players like he and Wolfe, if they can't pop the OL and press, extend, it will severely limit the effectiveness on the field.

Bottom line in my opinion, I don't think it's a guarantee the Ray comes back pending how bad this wrist injury was. I saw some injuries in college where guys were never the same. If they evaluate him in practice as not being able to go, he could get the full season IR to heal. Just my thoughts though.

Lost Soul
09-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Edebali isn't going anywhere. He's a glue guy. Not the flashiest but a grinder who will pick up 6-10 sacks in spot time based off effort. If you have any guys go down, heaven forbid Von or whatever, he'd be like plugging in a Shaun Phillips at OLB. I could see Stephenson or Turner being on the chopping block. Not a easy thing to predict.

Personally speaking, we should HOPE to get Shane Ray back. I don't think it's a guarantee. They said he got a pin put into his wrist. That is a terrible injury for a guy who is more of a motor, leverage, physical player than guys like Von/Shaq who's throwing a bunch of speed and secondary moves at tackles to keep them off balance. Ray is more of a one trick pony IMO. Players like he and Wolfe, if they can't pop the OL and press, extend, it will severely limit the effectiveness on the field.

Bottom line in my opinion, I don't think it's a guarantee the Ray comes back pending how bad this wrist injury was. I saw some injuries in college where guys were never the same. If they evaluate him in practice as not being able to go, he could get the full season IR to heal. Just my thoughts though.

i dunno but it does sound like ray is trying / really wants to be back in time for that chiefs game in october 30th

mwill07
09-22-2017, 11:22 AM
I hate to say it, but someone will get hurt by then. These things tend to solve themselves.

TonyR
09-22-2017, 11:29 AM
i dunno but it does sound like ray is trying / really wants to be back in time for that chiefs game in october 30th

Yup.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">40 days.</p>&mdash; Shane Ray (@StingRay56) <a href="https://twitter.com/StingRay56/status/910903626402603009">September 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

underrated29
09-22-2017, 11:29 AM
I hate to say it, but someone will get hurt by then. These things tend to solve themselves.

Shut your whore mouth!

Samiwindr
09-22-2017, 12:06 PM
The talk all pre-season centered around the maturation and amazing camp that Shane Ray had. I can't wait for him to get back in the line up and start mashing fools - starting with Alice in BBQland.

Lost Soul
09-22-2017, 12:13 PM
The talk all pre-season centered around the maturation and amazing camp that Shane Ray had. I can't wait for him to get back in the line up and start mashing fools - starting with Alice in BBQland.

lol hell yea

broncosteven
09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

They still need to make a roster move though. I can't remember if he is on IR or PUP, if it is PUP they have some flexibility up until week 11. I think IR is week 8.

broncosteven
09-22-2017, 12:14 PM

As long as Barrett keeps playing the way he has Ray is just gravy.

wolf754life
09-22-2017, 12:20 PM
for shane ray to come back im guessing kasim edebali is the odd man out but as for jake butt to come in to the fold im clueless on that one.

Kasim Who?

the invisible man?

wolf754life
09-22-2017, 12:21 PM

Cut green, LoL, our best inline blocking tight end.

ummm no

Smilin Assassin
09-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Butt may not even be ready.

Sure, we all hope so, but we don't want to rush it. IMO, it's best to ease into Butt. Pushing too hard and rushing it can lead to injury again.

Hafta remember, Butt hasn't seen any real action yet, and has no work with Siemian. Unless you're in real desperate need for a good tight end, I see no reason to risk it yet.

Also: Oral

Action
09-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Green is our best run blocking TE and made that clutch catch down the seam against the Chargers.

Cut him.

He hasn’t had any negative plays.

Omane GMs

Lost Soul
09-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Butt may not even be ready.

Sure, we all hope so, but we don't want to rush it. IMO, it's best to ease into Butt. Pushing too hard and rushing it can lead to injury again.

Hafta remember, Butt hasn't seen any real action yet, and has no work with Siemian. Unless you're in real desperate need for a good tight end, I see no reason to risk it yet.

Also: Oral

damn this is too funny, i swear with your call alias and the words you put down, damn sounded too perverted to not laugh, that was too funny and i know you were talking serious to Hilarious!