PDA

View Full Version : Babre new LT

Tonyels
09-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Perhaps Barbre will play well enough at the left tackle position for the Broncos that they feel confident enough to move him over to the right tackle position, where Menelik Watson has been downright bad in pass protection

Fm Predominantly Orange

Injury may be blessing in disguise if Babre can play both tackle positions ....well

bpc
09-18-2017, 12:40 PM
At the time i watched, Barbre looked good. Had a great block on the Anderson TD run.

The.Underdog
09-18-2017, 12:44 PM
Yeah Barbre looked good in limited action. Would love for him and Menelik to swap positions. Would allow Menelik to utilize his power and not get beat with his below average lateral quickness

Atwater His Ass
09-18-2017, 12:46 PM
I never though we'd have lineman as bad as Schofield. Then Watson and Stephenson happened. Would love to see Barbre take over at RT and provide even just average performances.

ColoradoDarin
09-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Yeah, he was more than competent, so hopefully when Bolles gets back Barbre can be our starting RT.

broncosteven
09-18-2017, 12:53 PM
I was glad they replaced Stephenson with Barbre when Brick Wall Bolles went down.

I didn't get to see a lot from him as we were mainly trying to run clock but what he did in the passing game was fine, the run game didn't have the gaping holes that were there when Brick was in.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
09-18-2017, 01:21 PM
Only problem is he's no longer at LG which means Garcia is on the field all the time instead of rotating with Barbre. Watson has been bad but it's still been better than Ty Stephenson or Schofield there. Ty in Atlanta looked pathetic last night. Hopefully Watson can settle in after a few games. I'd even take just average. Rather them go a trade route if they thinking of replacing Watson.

Tonyels
09-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Good injury news on Bolles means shuffle instead of trade. If McGovern is upgrade at G, maybe we will see that.

broncosteven
09-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Only problem is he's no longer at LG which means Garcia is on the field all the time instead of rotating with Barbre. Watson has been bad but it's still been better than Ty Stephenson or Schofield there. Ty in Atlanta looked pathetic last night. Hopefully Watson can settle in after a few games. I'd even take just average. Rather them go a trade route if they thinking of replacing Watson.

Bolles is now upgraded to Week to week so maybe he can go vs Oak or at the least after the Bye.

I have come to the realization that Watson is an upgrade over the other RT options and that the Broncos will be fine if he has only one bad play a game that results in a turnover. When he makes a bad play I keep reminding myself that Schofield could be out there and it could be worse.

No reason John can't go out and get a RT in the draft high next year. Watson is good as a run blocker but the better edge rushers are going to feast on him. At least McCoy will be more willing to give him help than Kubes would have.

broncosteven
09-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Good injury news on Bolles means shuffle instead of trade. If McGovern is upgrade at G, maybe we will see that.

I doubt they keep rotation Garcia out until Bolles comes back. No need to unless they really want to give McGovern snaps late in games or if Garcia is awful. They were rotating with Barbre because they wanted to figure out who the best G was. It would be nice if when Bolles is healthy if they could put Barbre on the right side in passing situations and take Watson out but that is asking a lot out of the guy.

cutthemdown
09-18-2017, 02:26 PM
Watson playing well in the run game, has some whiffs in pass pro.

Garcia Bronco
09-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Barbre looked good after half a game was played. This is all bad news with Bolles down.

R8R H8R
09-18-2017, 03:45 PM
Garcia was just fine yesterday, I think he is adjusting well to the new scheme. The only real weak-link appears to be Watson's pass pro. Let's hope he gets better because I am not sure the Broncos have a better solution there this year.

Kaylore
09-18-2017, 03:45 PM
I was going to post this. After re-watching the game, Stephenson was barely in there. Barbre came in and even though I saw him lining up at left tackle, the broadcast crew calls him the left guard. He is built like a barrel. Has a really good frame and doesn't give ground. He definitely looks more like a guard, but he looked incredibly comfortable when they moved him over there.

Requiem
09-18-2017, 07:17 PM
Barbre for a 2019 seventh round pick was a great trade by the front office. I wouldn't mind giving him an extra year or two if he plays well the rest of the way out.

kappys
09-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Looked good but Dallas really had the wind out of their sails by that point, hopefully he can keep it up, Bills should be a decent test. This seems a much better idea that putting the Donald back out there.

4Horsemen
09-18-2017, 07:24 PM
We are going to be running the blank out of the ball next week.

Book it.

Guess Who
09-19-2017, 12:08 AM
We are going to be running the blank out of the ball next week.

Book it.

Denver needs to. The Bills front seven are really tough.

Jason in LA
10-20-2017, 11:20 AM
We're finally going to get to see Barbre at RT. Watson and Stephenson are both out so Barbre gets the start. Hopefully this works. But I'd imagine that it also means that Garcia will play the entire game at LG. So lets not get too excited yet.

Jetmeck
10-20-2017, 11:23 AM
Try something at least. Lets hope they try some better play calling and we have a little better qb play. I know I hope for too much but damn we all see the vanilla play calling. Fix it.

crush17
10-20-2017, 11:38 AM
Starting oline shoud be:

Bolles - Leary - Paradis - McGovern - Barbre

How they have not tried this is beyond me but what do I know

TonyR
10-20-2017, 11:40 AM
It Elway would have stopped d*cking around and just spend a little extra money on Mitchell Schwartz a couple of offseasons ago all this Stephenson/Watson nonsense futility could have been avoided. That and signed either Wisniewski or Incognito, both of which I was begging for, to play one of the OG positions.

DENVERDUI55
10-20-2017, 11:41 AM
You had me scared. You mean new RT.

Drunken.Broncoholic2
10-20-2017, 11:46 AM
You had me scared. You mean new RT.

Thread was made when Bolles went down.

Confusing but some of us have been harping for Barbre at RT for weeks.

Why does it take so long for these guys to figure out the obvious?

fontaine
10-20-2017, 11:51 AM
It Elway would have stopped d*cking around and just spend a little extra money on Mitchell Schwartz a couple of offseasons ago all this Stephenson/Watson nonsense futility could have been avoided. That and signed either Wisniewski or Incognito, both of which I was begging for, to play one of the OG positions.

Yeah, this false narrative needs to stop.

Schwartz signed pretty quickly with the Chiefs and if I'm not mistaken Von was under the tag while Brock had left town with complete uncertainty at the cap status while the team also needed a new LT.

But yeah, the FO should have put aside all those higher prioritie issues to deal with a RT.

I mean who cares about the QB/LT/Edge Rusher position when you can get into a bidding war over a RT!!

Good call.

TonyR
10-20-2017, 11:54 AM

Schwartz signed pretty quickly with the Chiefs and if I'm not mistaken Von was under the tag while Brock had left town with complete uncertainty at the cap status while the team also needed a new LT.

But yeah, the FO should have put aside all those higher priorities issues to deal with a RT.

Good call.

If it's true they didn't have the flexibility to sign Schwartz then I'll have to give them a pass, even though that lack of flexibility can also be blamed on the FO. But I notice you didn't address my comments about the OG position. If you're just an Elway/FO apologist who doesn't seem to understand how bad our O-line situation has been for several years now then "good call" right back at you.

Agamemnon
10-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Start a new thread ffs.

Quoydogs
10-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Stephenson out. Well thats some good news I guess. :thumbs:

Requiem
10-20-2017, 01:18 PM

But yeah, the FO should have put aside all those higher prioritie issues to deal with a RT.

I mean who cares about the QB/LT/Edge Rusher position when you can get into a bidding war over a RT!!

Good call.

Stephenson was the first signing of that FA period and they gave him a decent contract at the time. Obviously, since he sucks, they were able to get money back, but that was the first position they addressed. They have spent the past two off-seasons using their early $ on terrible OT's from division rivals who are trash.

broncosteven
10-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Stephenson out. Well thats some good news I guess. :thumbs:

Stephenson and Watson out, so does that mean Barbre in at RT finally? Turner the other tackle is on IR.

Google is my friend!

Allen Barbre will start at right tackle in place of Watson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Report-Corey-Nelson-to-IR-Menelik-Watson-Donald-Stephenson-ruled-out/9a6375e7-4fc5-46a2-92f9-85f09f4cdbc3

OABB
10-20-2017, 01:33 PM
Stephenson and Watson out, so does that mean Barbre in at RT finally? Turner the other tackle is on IR.

Google is my friend!

Allen Barbre will start at right tackle in place of Watson.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-Injury-Report-Corey-Nelson-to-IR-Menelik-Watson-Donald-Stephenson-ruled-out/9a6375e7-4fc5-46a2-92f9-85f09f4cdbc3

Good news! Now we only need to replace one more position on the whole 22 and it’s playoff talk time again

fontaine
10-20-2017, 01:33 PM
If it's true they didn't have the flexibility to sign Schwartz then I'll have to give them a pass, even though that lack of flexibility can also be blamed on the FO. But I notice you didn't address my comments about the OG position. If you're just an Elway/FO apologist who doesn't seem to understand how bad our O-line situation has been for several years now then "good call" right back at you.

No FO would prioritize RT when they don't have anything at QB/LT and their best player in on the tag.

If that makes me an apologist then fine so be it.

fontaine
10-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Stephenson was the first signing of that FA period and they gave him a decent contract at the time. Obviously, since he sucks, they were able to get money back, but that was the first position they addressed. They have spent the past two off-seasons using their early $ on terrible OT's from division rivals who are trash.

Yes because he was cheaper and could possibly play LT as well and yes he's been trash.

I just don't get the blanket "we should have signed Schwartz" and therefore the FO sucks argument.

It's ok to struggle filling out a difficult position, that doesn't make you a bad FO.

gunns
10-20-2017, 02:03 PM

I wanted Incognito.

Kaylore
10-20-2017, 02:05 PM
We shouldn't be bumping old threads, especially when they aren't true. Barbre is NOT the new LT he's the new RT.

DENVERDUI55
10-20-2017, 02:27 PM
We shouldn't be bumping old threads, especially when they aren't true. Barbre is NOT the new LT he's the new RT.

AKA FAKE NEWS

qbronco
10-20-2017, 03:42 PM
WTF guys? I saw a headline that we lost 3 players in practice and then “Barbre new LT.” I put two-and-two together and started panicking that Bolles must of gotten injured. My heart sank.

I’m not sure how Barbre will fare at RIGHT TACKLE, but he wasn’t overly impressive at LG.

wolf754life
10-20-2017, 03:54 PM
WTF guys? I saw a headline that we lost 3 players in practice and then “Barbre new LT.” I put two-and-two together and started panicking that Bolles must of gotten injured. My heart sank.

I’m not sure how Barbre will fare at RIGHT TACKLE, but he wasn’t overly impressive at LG.

6-10

TonyR
10-20-2017, 04:55 PM

Yeah, we signed Stephenson 2 days after KC signed the far superior Schwartz. And yes, Schwartz's contract is a lot larger, but the guarantees were only $5mil apart. And we're talking about a guy who's elite at the position vs. a guy who's a turnstile and can't stay healthy. But fontaine is okay with this kind of GM work so I guess it's all good!

fontaine
10-20-2017, 05:36 PM
Yeah, we signed Stephenson 2 days after KC signed the far superior Schwartz. And yes, Schwartz's contract is a lot larger, but the guarantees were only $5mil apart. And we're talking about a guy who's elite at the position vs. a guy who's a turnstile and can't stay healthy. But fontaine is okay with this kind of GM work so I guess it's all good!

Who the hell said I was okay with that apart from you?

R8R H8R
10-21-2017, 10:54 AM
I'm ok with Barbre at RT for a game or two. They can give help to him when TS has to drop back on obvious passing downs. The problem is if, God forbid, another tackle goes down. Apparently, Virgil Green is the emergency back up tackle; think about that a moment. I think that scares me more than the thought of Sunshine being the emergency back up QB.

OABB
10-22-2017, 07:37 AM
I'm ok with Barbre at RT for a game or two. They can give help to him when TS has to drop back on obvious passing downs. The problem is if, God forbid, another tackle goes down. Apparently, Virgil Green is the emergency back up tackle; think about that a moment. I think that scares me more than the thought of Sunshine being the emergency back up QB.

Sunshine would be a better qb.